Speaker 1: The Shawn Salisbury Show continued, I said, this is the year they get upset in the divisional round. I don't know who is he gonna be by, but I just feel like this is going to be the year. Well, here we are and it's the UH Texans taking on Chiefs. Tell me why defense? That's why the wide receivers for the Texans are not better. I'm sorry, the wide receivers for the Chiefs are not better than the defensive backs for the Texans. Right now, who the offense do you trust more of the Chiefs Because it's the Chiefs.
Speaker 3: He liked the.
Speaker 2: Chiefs offense more. But you think that the matchup can favor the Texans.
Speaker 1: I think the defensive matchups favored the Texans with their defensive ends meaning Will Anderson and Daniel Hunter.
Speaker 3: I think Christian Harris.
Speaker 1: I think is Zis al Shaier are going to do a really good job, can do a really good job against Travis Kelsey limiting him. I think the interior will be able to stop the run. And then you got Derek Stinglan Kmaro last year are playing really good football right now?
Speaker 3: All right?
Speaker 2: So then now flip it, who do you like better? The Texans offense or the Chiefs defense.
Speaker 3: Chris Jones is really damn good. So I would say.
Speaker 1: I would favor the Chiefs defense, but I think they can make the Texans offense can make enough plays to win.
Speaker 2: So you think that the Texans offense is got a bigger gap of success against the Chiefs defense is the Chiefs offense does against the Texans defense. You think the Texans offense is closer.
Speaker 3: Man, you are breaking this war. Well, no, and I am. So you think the Texans offense I know.
Speaker 2: And when people get predictions, not just like even on these end, people let them off and then not tell I'm just looking for a reason why. So it gives us another perspective to look at. Yeah, you think the Texans offense is got a bigger distance of success over the Chiefs defense than the Kansas City offense does to the Texans defense.
Speaker 1: Yes, and that's because it's your difference. Yeah, I think that's the difference.
Speaker 2: So you think the Texans defense is better than the Chiefs defense, I do right now, right now. And you think that the offense of the Chiefs is better than the Texans. Yet you think the gap, what's what's bigger gap? Chiefs offense over to Texans offense or Texans defense over Chiefs defense.
Speaker 1: I think just because of Patrick Mahomes playing in January, they have a bigger gap over the I think the offense is a bigger gap for the Chiefs over the Texans.
Speaker 3: Just because offensive the Texans is over the chief Chiefs. Yeah.
Speaker 2: But yeah, you're still picking the who the Chiefs because you like the grind it out, you think it's gonna be I mean you're still picking Texas because you think they can hang around.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I think they can hang around, and I think offensively they can make some sort of plays down the stretch to win the ball game. Texas, if the Patrick Mahomes gets the ball with two minutes left, game over. You're not beating Patrick Mahomes with two minutes left. It's like Tom Brady when he got the ball the last Well, of course, the public everybody loves the Chiefs in this game.
Speaker 3: Yeah, everybody does.
Speaker 2: Yeah, this TV in front of us right here has all four guys picking the Chiefs.
Speaker 1: But I look at, excuse me, I look at are the Chiefs. Who's who's got better linebackers Chiefs or Texans better secondary Texans Chiefs, Chiefs Chiefs linebacking corps with Carl Loftis and that they're they're pretty good, man.
Speaker 2: It's it's equal. There's not a that six and one half dozen the other who's better defensive line interior text chief Chiefs, Uh, perimeter, the the edge rushers Texans.
Speaker 3: And then secondary you already said it.
Speaker 2: Kicker at six and one half in the other punter pretty similar. Quarterback advantage Mahomes wide receivers, team speed, them physical, big.
Speaker 3: Uh, but huh.
Speaker 2: Their offense is better run game mixing over the check and and the sama not huge, but but mixing's mixing's better than both of those guys are. And now now Pacheco runs like a man possessed when he's going. That's hard, But so does Joe tied end advantage. Travis Kelsey, right, no doubt. So there there's I mean, there's advantages, and you can do the checklist of Okay, this team has this advantage, just sent this advantage, but then you got to also get into the other things like handling, pressure, playing and inclement weather, cold, the January and the intensity and the way he Reid Steve Spagnolo right. Coaching advantage Chiefs just because they've been in not that this isn't This young version of the Texans isn't good, but the coaching advantage is Chiefs. They've been doing this a long time and they've got a ton of experience over there, more than this team does.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I just think it's going to be a gritty, trying not sound so cliche, but it's going to be more defense than offense. Put it to you that way, and I just I the way that I feel about it. Of course, the Chiefs have the edge. They've been there, they've done that. Twenty three days off is a long long time. But if there's one quarterback that overcome I'm saying it's an overcome it but can play, well, that's Patrick Mahomes.
Speaker 2: Wasn't Andy Reid Mahomes. Once again, it bears repeating as I told you that Andy Reid. Very few people in the history of this game have come out of a bye week and won more games than Andy Reid has.
Speaker 3: They will be ready to play.
Speaker 2: Yeahs now, whether it's a struggle in the first few minutes, whatever, they will be ready to play. And the veteran quarterback who doesn't live in structure, I worry about teams that are structured that.
Speaker 3: Boom boom boom.
Speaker 2: This is the way we when I say precise, because precise is dynamic to equals dynamic, but structure. See, the chiefs are very precise in what they do. But it's like organized chaos. Does that make sense. It's not like it's they're not buttoned up. They're button up on discipline and all that, But I'm talking about when you're thinking and you're not thinking, oh, this team, because you know what we'll do around the back shovel pass, we'll do you know, they'll do stuff that's not conventional, and they make it look like it's supposed to be conventional because they make it look so easy.
Speaker 3: But they are not.
Speaker 2: They operate in chaos all the time, they'd say. So it's almost like the organized chaos is where they're They're there, they live, They're not that you know, remember when the Saints and show they were so boom boom boom manning structure, Right, this is this is a little more this is a little more spontaneous party. Then sit down seven course meal team. You know, here's what we're having at this and here's the sub Make sure you use the right fork then, and I don't care what fork you use, grable with your hands.
Speaker 3: If that's what you want to do, that's who the Chiefs are.
Speaker 2: Yet with Andy Reid, who is precise and dynamic, it's a great offset because can you imagine if Andy Reid tried to put a governor on the way they poach their football game.
Speaker 3: He won't do that, saying he'll never do that.
Speaker 2: There's a there's a structure the teams that I'd worry about the timing of a pastor who has worked on structure and on schedule all the time. This team maybe you take a throw or two, but when you're an off schedule, organized chaos team anyway that wins all the time, and you know how to win. And they know how to win one scoring close games because they've been doing it all year. They find ways to We've seen it a million times. They had no business winning and they still find a way to win. Yet they do have business because why they do close I mean they really if you want Mariano Rivera, the Chiefs are it. So I'm really anxious to see how they do it. But I'd be far more worried if it was one of those they relied on every little small thing they can get away with. Now the great teams Brian, even though it's organized cants, they still do the.
Speaker 3: Little details so good, so well. But it just put it this way, it's you know what it is.
Speaker 2: It's the guy who's who's hair or the guy whose hair is a little messed up, right, throwing the ponytail go. It's not they stood in front of the mirror and got themselves dressed and ready to go. I mean, they can look good in the suit, but the time might be a little crooked. But the end result is got the girl. The party was good, and I gave my speech right right, That's who they are.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I just think back to excuse me, I think back to they're.
Speaker 2: A well oiled machine that just kind of gets off the beaten pass sometimes.
Speaker 1: I think for the Texans last year at this time, what do we talk about the Ravens, Rokwan Smith, Patrick Queen, Ronald Darby, Kyle Hamilton, Kyle van Noy, Like that defense was stout. Man, They're going into Baltimore. Oh, by the way, you still got to put up with Lamar Jackson running the football, and you just kind of felt like even going into the game, the Texans were going to be overwhelmed, which they were. They got beat thirty four to ten. This year, they made the roster better. The defense has been flying around. They don't miss a lot of tackles again tackle. I just feel like the optimism is a little bit better just because of the way that their defense plays.
Speaker 3: And if there's a defense.
Speaker 1: With ends and edge rushers like they have right now, the Texans I feel like they can contain.
Speaker 3: Patrick mahonmes, what.
Speaker 2: Would you feel like if they had a crappy ass offensive game last week? Is still pulled it out right due they forced interception. Yeah, and let's say they would have won in a sluggish three three point game, let's say sixteen to thirteen. They got four turnovers, just couldn't you know, couldn't score in a red zone, didn't get a defensive score that their defense kicked ass, but the offense floundered, but they still won. How would you be feeling going into this week? My optimism will not be as high. In truth is, you've known all along who the defense is. Your optimism is high because the offense in the second half looked like they could play it after a broken play changed the whole course, the whole course of it, so that that's really what this comes down. Because the defense has been pretty reliable the whole time. Yeah, and last week they kicked ass and they play really good against good quarterbacks. The key here is that the reason why your optimisms through the roof is because of the thing that everybody wants. It sells tickets, offense, offense. Yeah, there you go.
Speaker 1: Seven one, three, seven ninety is the number to join. Will continue to talk about these Texans next