Speaker 1: Good evening, everybody, and welcome to another edition of Fire Up. Are we fired up or what tonight? Guys?
Speaker 2: Yes, we are absolutely always.
Speaker 1: Well Ralph, you're bout ready to go. You're on vacation, aren't you.
Speaker 2: No, I leave.
Speaker 1: Saturday, you leave Saturday. So you're excited.
Speaker 2: I'm excited to get out of Pittsburgh. I love Arie. That's my second city. We have my wife, Ronda and I. We have some second cities that we that we enjoy, uh Sugar Creek, Ohio, Erie, Raleigh, North Carolina, and so, you know, good for you.
Speaker 3: Yes, of course I'm fired up. I get to talk to you two wonderful people tonight.
Speaker 2: Likewise, Jeremy like.
Speaker 1: Well, the title of the show kind of talks a little bit about injuries. Why are they happening so much lately? Guys, That's all we're hearing, both in baseball and in NFL.
Speaker 2: You know, I don't know, I don't know about that candy. You know, it could be lack of preparation, lack of conditioning. It could be the fact that you know that that pitch count you know pictures, you know with that stuff, and then you know, you've got guys who just uh you know, just managed to get hurt. What I can't figure out is how in the world the Pirates in the course of two games, ended up with four guys with hamstrings and growing problems. You know, sometimes it's the field. Look at some of these funky fields out here that that don't look good and you get injured every time. You know, so black a body, FATA like that.
Speaker 3: But yeah, when it comes to football, it's one. The lack of to A day. You can trace it back to the death of Corey Stringer when that was the last year we had to A day. Even though he died because of lack of hydration and they missed the signs. What they did miss on was taking it away completely. The NFLPA says, well, we're not going to have any more of our players die on the field, so I don't want to a day. The soft tissue injuries have increased by thirty percent. Then then they shortened the off season on top of that, so that's less conditioning for these guys. Some of them work out in their off season, but let's face it, we know a lot of them don't. You can see you can see the ones who don't. They won't come in with anybody mass, any loss of body bat that means they're not working out. They're just here collecting a page back. And you see it all the time, and lo and behold, you end up with more soft tissue injuries. But what you are seeing less of is career ending injuries in the NFL. Yes, that's also coupled with the medical advances in the surgeries to fix those things that normally were career killers ACLS, nclsdcl's Achilles tendants. Those used to be career killers. Ninety one was when the the medical field changed on how they treated achilles tendens. It has not changed six since.
Speaker 2: I like that what comment, I'm not even gonna say it. I know what that comment's about, but I'm not gonna say it. I got you know.
Speaker 3: But at the same time, some of these guys's out so much it isn't funny.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 3: We had a guy on the Lions, our offensive lineman, that was a pro bowler the year before, Jonah Jackson. He literally had a hangnail and missed three games due to a hangnail. Then he had a hand something to do with his wrist, and he missed another five games. And I said, right at the end of the season. They said, you watched they won't resign him, and I don't blame.
Speaker 2: Them, right right, they just settlements here with the Steelers.
Speaker 3: We did one and that was with a god who was it? Like Becker the guard we signed from the Bills, he got hurt. I see my buddy Chicken Nugget King, Buddy Kakito, Will Voggs. Thank you for chiming in. Guys, don't forget support the channel that I'm sharing this from it is actually the South Florida Tribune, and I'm gonna see that because they need our love to Uh.
Speaker 2: Yes, they do as far as a.
Speaker 3: Writer and also for podcasts, so I support them the same as I do Ralph for his show because he comes on my show. I support is that now I'm a co host on one of his shows.
Speaker 2: Yes, absolutely, and I'm glad to have you as well. Andy. Hey, Candy, if you ever want to come on the External Bump Show, You're You're always welcome.
Speaker 1: I appreciate that. I appreciate it. I actually had off today, so I'm working on I mean, you're not doing it this Saturday, but there are some saturdays I work, so it just depends, but yeah, I'll definitely keep that up, keep that in mind, of course, because yeah, I.
Speaker 2: Always try to bring a special guest on every once in a while, and if somebody can't come on, I'll bring him to fill in. So you know, sounds good.
Speaker 1: Go back to these injuries. So one of the major injuries obviously and the most well known I guess right now that everybody's talking about, is JJ McCarthy right out this season.
Speaker 3: Well, you know, they knew he had something wrong with his meniscus. It was they couldn't tell the MCL had a partial tear in it until they got in there, because that meniscus is a lot like your presidest layer on your knee. The presidest layer is that layer of fluid on top of the knee, and the meniscus is the layer between the ligaments underneath your kneecap.
Speaker 1: Mm hmmm.
Speaker 3: So when they got in there, they realized there was a commercial NCL tear, and instead of trying to let it feel slowly, they said, well, we might as well take care of this now because there's a chance it'll tear if you don't. So I applaud them for recognizing it and getting it done while they were in there, because they already had them under They already had the knee open for the rest of it because it was going to be just a regular orthoscopic surgery, and it ended up being basically a knee overhaul.
Speaker 2: Mhmm.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Do we think that for JJ this is really gonna set him back a lot? Or do we think it's actually good for him because he'll now be one of those rookies that they sit and let absorb and learn the system, learn how to read things. So which way do you think? Do you think it's well or not?
Speaker 2: Well? I don't think it's good. It's never good to get hurt, but whatever. But the good news of all this, like you said, is at least he gets to sit and learn and understand the system and understand the speed of the game by sitting and learning, and there's nothing wrong with that. And then I don't know what Sam Donald can do to teach him anything. And I know McConnell, Kevin MCCONNALLLD today was criticized. They had a scrimmage or something or a share practice and he went to the defensive coordinator of Cleveland and said, can you please not hit so so much because he was starting to pile up some injuries. Today it seems like these these practices, uh, these joint practices, injuries are starting to pile up.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's funny you say that. And I'm gonna say this because as a Michigan fan, I wanted McCarthy to stay at school another year.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's what Buddy just said.
Speaker 3: I And it wasn't because I wanted him just to play at Michigan because to helped his career. So this slows him down and forces him to not play this year. He gets to look at that playbook, study it, know it, like he knew the Michigan playbook. Well, you're hardball, because if you notice, they basically hid him those three games when harball was suspended.
Speaker 2: Yes they Yeah, it is the ball less.
Speaker 3: Than twenty times a game. It was handoff forty five to fifty times a game between Lake Corum and Downovan Edwards. And that's because in the middle, at the beginning of the season, he looked really good in the Cup take part of the schedule. When you got to the meat of the Big ten, he was struggling at times. And it wasn't so much that he threw picks, but for every wild throw, he'd have the WTF throw. And that's a sign of decision making. Either he held on to it too long and it would go towards the ground in front of the guys, or he released a hair too soon and it would sail over their heads. That's just that's decision making and mechanics issues. And they also pointed out he had mechanics issues right away. The only bad part is he doesn't get to work on those mechanic issues until he can walk again. And yes, buddy can Keto's exactly right. He needed more experience before he hit the NFL.
Speaker 2: He's like Caitlin Clark. Caitlin Clark should have stayed at Iowa. She could have probably won a national championship, but she decided to take the money and run. And that's exactly what she did. So he did the same thing.
Speaker 3: Uh, she did come back and stay her last year. They just didn't win it.
Speaker 2: Win it. Yeah, Okay, all right, I was wrong on that one.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that was her senior year. So and I'm I loved the Caitlin Clark story, don't get me wrong, But at the same time, I understand it's the college scoring record, and I love it. I love the fact that she beat Pistol Pete's record, but at the same time, there's a slight taint to it. There was no three point line back then. If there was a three point line, you could have added thirteen hundred more points to Pistol Pete mayridit because he would hit from just inside the half court to win games for that team all the time his entire career. Hey, he was definitely a deep ball shooter and became a deep ball shooter in the NFL Lion King even in what of those smoke, Hey, I haven't seen you for a minute, brother, So.
Speaker 1: I want to go on record, I did not mean anything bad about JJ McCarthy. I obviously do not anybody injured. But I also do think that sometimes we rush these rookies into and maybe not rush them, but we kind of force them into playing right away. And I don't always think that's the right thing, because I think there's a big difference between the college level and the NFL game. And sometimes if you're I would say, if you're an elite elite, you can sometimes make it work. But if you're not elite, they they're not They stumble and then they lose confidence, and then I don't think they necessarily become the quarterback they could be. If that makes sense.
Speaker 2: Well, you know what, Candy, it does make sense like that. But let me explain this. Don't forget you have a five year rookie contract, and I think a team, to save money with their salary cap, would rather have a rookie like that play and rush them into the system so that they don't have to pay some big free agent like Kirk Cousins or somebody like that.
Speaker 3: This is the truth, Go ahead, But at the same time, you know, as as bad as Minnesota's had it, and let's let's face it, with what happened to Kyrie Jackson with the car accident, then me Kai Blackman looks like he's stepping up into that two role to replace Kyrie, and he blows in an ac L. And then the backup that was drafted after Kyrie started playing, well, he blows up at the ACL. Then the following week, Jerry Tillery, the defensive tackle they signed, blows out in a CL And now you've got JJ McCarthy with an MCL. As bad as that team has had it, And rest in peace and prayer to the family and the van loved Kyree Jackson in the short time he was there. But at the same time, the most injured team in the NFL right now is the forty nine Ers.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I read bad shape.
Speaker 3: They have twenty nine players on the injury report and two holding out.
Speaker 2: Wow. Yeah, I know I just one of them, but could I you.
Speaker 3: And Trent Williams.
Speaker 2: So.
Speaker 3: But at the same time, how this will help JJ McCarthy is the interior O line of Minnesota was not that good in the passing game. So it's one of those things. If he'd have played, he might have got hurt in the season, and then that would have damaged him more. Because by Darnold not having anybody to push him as the starter, he can relax and just be himself because remember he went four and too for Carolina that year after. I can't remember Matt Correll, but uh.
Speaker 2: No, Sam Howells in Carolina. Mac Correl was somewhere else.
Speaker 3: No, no, no, I'm talking about Carolina Panthers.
Speaker 2: Yes, uh yes, Sam Howe was there.
Speaker 3: No Sam Howells, but oh.
Speaker 2: Wait, he was in Washington. That's right, you're right. Mac Correl was there. Yeah, you're right now, mac Correl's in the UFL.
Speaker 3: So mack Correl was there, and he was drafted even though he had a knee injury and the Pro Bowl he played in when his agent warned him not too, so he went on and he stunk up the joint. I think he was just the season. And then they let Sam Darnold take over, and Sam Darnald went four and too, and in the NFC South they almost had a chance to make the playoffs, but Sam Donald got hurt and then they were playing their third stream guy and it went down from that. Yeah, Mullets left. Yeah, So yeah, Minnesota still has Mullins, who's a serviceable quarterback and you like him in a short stint, but you don't want him starting for any length of time because we saw what happened when he faced Detroit those two times. He wasn't that good.
Speaker 1: So interesting question for you guys. Okay, the Packers obviously don't have a veteran backup if something God forbid would happen to Love. Now, the Vikings don't really have a veteran backup because Donald's gonna be it. So do you think either of the teams are gonna go after Tannehill.
Speaker 3: Well, yeah, Tannehill actually publicly said he wants to be a starter. He will not take a bench roll. He said he's happy to sit on his couch at home and spend time with his family until they roll opens up for him. So I don't think anybody's signing him because he visited six teams already. Yeah, that was Arizona, Seattle, Denver, Washington, Carolina, and one other team, and all of those teams either traded or signed a backup the next day.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Washington's got Marcus Mariota, so you.
Speaker 3: Know, hey, they signed Marcus Mariota.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah, and he's a good backup. I mean, I wouldn't deny that. Marcus Marray he's coming and done spots starting, just like we have Kyle Allen. I mean, I keep telling everybody, Oh, cal Allen. Cal Allen has won some games when you had to black up Josh Allen up in Buffalo.
Speaker 3: Right, He's not horrible, no starter material, and you wouldn't want him to be your starter.
Speaker 2: No, But if he had to come in and spots start, you know, like a game or two, you know, So.
Speaker 1: Who do you think Green Bay or the Vikings are gonna go after because neither of them have a veteran backup.
Speaker 3: Well, there's guys like Blaine Gabber, Bryan Hoyer, A. J. Mccarroon, and Ben de Nucci, which are the next ones on the list. I skipped over Trevors mean because I don't think he's a good backup.
Speaker 2: Well, Ben de Nucci just signed with Buffalo.
Speaker 3: So there's one off the board.
Speaker 2: That's off. He's off the board. He tried out with the See he came in and tried out with the Steelers. The Steelers didn't want him, saying what the Buffalo.
Speaker 3: That's not that we're scared to play starters, it's just with the shortened preseason. Heink he's on a roster. He think he is backing up Pennick's right now because Kirk is hurt, right, isn't he still with?
Speaker 2: Uh? Yeah? Yeah?
Speaker 3: And Huntley is the backup for Lamar there in Raven's territory.
Speaker 2: Oh absolutely, they traded, right, they did.
Speaker 3: Yeah, instead of giving seventeen million a year to say, hey, would you just shut up and ride the pine. But at the same time, if we had a third round pick in twenty twenty five, because the Lions were one of the first ones to talk to New England. Matthew Judin probably wouldn't have went to Atlanta because the price was a twenty twenty five pick third or higher this year, and with already not having a third round pick, you don't want to get rid of your second round pick. A great move by Atlanta and then they turn around and sign Justin Simmons today, So both of their weaknesses just became a strength.
Speaker 2: H Yeah, Green Bay probably Candy is gonna go on look for somebody. Experience, they're gonna have to. Matt Lafleur is not that dumb, you know what I mean, So I think they're gonna have to do something. But Minnesota is going to be looking for somebody as well. So there's gonna be some competition there to see who gets a veteran quarterback.
Speaker 3: Out of them, the two that I liked better, and it's no knock against AJ mccerroon, but he was only able to get it done in the UFL. He had his chance in the NFL and he couldn't even be a backup then, which is why he went to the UFL. Granted, he had some good games and did some good things in the UFL. He wasn't he's not ready for the NFL game speat. Brian Hoyer as came in and spot started and done well for teams. And Blaine Gabert actually was a backup for you guys when Love was the third stringer. Yes, was still there. And Blaine Gabbert did a good job the one game before he got hurt again because Rogers had a gain stretch where he missed three games and Blaine Gambert came in for one and then Love came in for the other two. Mm hmm, So yes, I do know my enemy.
Speaker 1: Hey, that's I never doubted that, never doubted that. So somebody said they were talking tonight on the NFL network before the game that even though because of course they were talking about JJ and JJ going down and how they think the Vikings are remarkably improved and will do much better this year. Do we think that's true.
Speaker 3: Or they still lack the interior O line to make a push for the passing game, They still lack half a field in the secondary because as long as lewis seen is one of their safeties, he's a liability. They are traded away. Andrew Brews Booth and I don't know. I don't remember the guy's name, but I looked up his height, his weight and everything else, and he's not a good cover corner, but he tackles. But he's six foot four and eight. That's a human skeleton. At a carnival.
Speaker 2: Shows, it says here free ancient quarterback Nathan the choked Peterman? Is he still free agent that he goes somewhere?
Speaker 3: Jeremy, do you know, as far as I know, he's still a free agent too, But natan Nathan Peterman. That means your udfas and your rookies that you have in the background are straight dog water.
Speaker 2: Well, he chokes because he choked the pitt Jeremy was terrible. He choked in the Bowl game, he played in the Senior Bold he choked, and then he choked in the NFL. So I call him the choker because he choked.
Speaker 3: I doubt we can get anybody from a team like Cleveland or the Ravens or because you have starting qbs that have an injury history. So therefore they like the guys the guys that they have in those situations. Hey, look at Cleveland last year when Deshaun Watson went down, the next guy comes in, he looks good, he goes down. The next guy comes in, he goes down. I can't believe that they went through before they could find one they could win more than one game in a row.
Speaker 2: Peterman still turning their inceptions. Absolutely, he's a choker, Patty, he chokes.
Speaker 3: I agree with that.
Speaker 2: Oh, every time he does something, he chokes. Okay, here are some of the free agents, Ryan Tannehill, Trevor Simmey and Blank Abart, HJ McCarron, Brian Hoyer, Kellen Maud, Ben Denucci signed with the Bills, and Nathan Peterman Stilector too. So that's what you have available. So if i'm if I'm Green Bay, I probably might take AJ McCarron. I mean, he did a good job in the UFL. He's resurrected his career a little bit it. Brian Hoyer's been around, Kellen moll and I don't know about him. Blaine Gabbart's been in there.
Speaker 3: So you know, if you want to talk about familiarity with the system and with the coach and everything else, Blaine Gabbert's the answer for event.
Speaker 2: Yes, right, yeah, I agree with you on that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it hasn't changed because it's still Matt Lafleur's offense.
Speaker 1: What do you think about Minnesota? Who do you think Minnesota should go after?
Speaker 3: Well, Brian Hoyer.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I would get Hoyer in here absolutely.
Speaker 3: Kellen Mond, he was there back when it was the Mike Zimmer team. You don't know anywhere near.
Speaker 2: You know what? Yeah, exactly, Yeah, I agree with you on that because Minnesota has to, you know, uh get rid of the Mike Zimmer smell. You know what I mean? From there? You know? Uh SOMs this year? Yeah, I know. He started defensive coordinator, took over for Dan point and left for Washington. Yep, We'll see what he does down there.
Speaker 1: So are there any games you're looking forward to this weekend?
Speaker 3: Because Dan Campbell has the hinsions that he made run starters versus the Chiefs and the reason why. And I'm gonna say I applauded if he does, because the one thing Andy Reid does every year is he refuses to do joint practices and he runs his starters out two games a year. One game is like there they're warm up, The next game is like their dress rehearsal, and then the third game he evaluates the backup talent. So I agree we should run our starters out versus their starters. Why are we gonna put our backups out there to get killed? Because that's what happened. If you play starter NFL team talent versus back, whether it's the quarterback, the old line, whatever, you're not going to be able to evaluate your talent.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 3: I agree with it, and I think that more coaches should learn that. For Andy Reid because guess what, since he's been there and he's been doing this, and that's even since two days have been done, they've been in the playoffs every year. They've been in the playoffs the last five straight years, they've made it to four super Bowls and won three of them.
Speaker 2: Yes, they have, Yes, exactly right. I mean Andy Reid makes it work there, Candy and chairman, and it's uh, you know, like Jeremy pointed out, it's real simple. And he's been to the super Bowl. So here's a guy who really, uh you know, knows what he's doing. He's got a good staff, you know, assistance and whatnot. So you know, that's a good idea because all these scrimmages and joint practices, they're causing injuries, right, now and fights and all that stuff. A Bo Crouch on my show on Tuesday, and he was talking about how that Seattle thing with that fight, with that joint practice, you know, that causes injuries too. So I mean, it's it's it's it's a it's a big mess. Now Steelers had one today with Buffalo and we had some injuries. So I mean, it's just it's a no win situation here, mm hmm.
Speaker 3: In the first starter, I'm not putting a backup in versus the Chiefs starting team.
Speaker 2: And didn't hook her. I used to laugh at his name, Jeremy head Hooker.
Speaker 3: Right, I get it, I admit it.
Speaker 1: I agree. I think the starters should be playing some in the preseason. I think if they don't, it really shows up that first game.
Speaker 2: Yes, yes, Tomlin has messed that up all the time when Ben was quarterback. I mean, and then we my flat in the first game, and he did it with Kenny Pickett and he did it with everybody. So now he's starting to play his starters a little bit. Russell Wilson's gonna play this Saturday. Well, you know he's gonna get his first taste of the game in a Steeler uniform because he had that stupid calf injury because he was pulling a sled. So I mean, you know, and you know.
Speaker 3: Yeah, if you watch the NFL games in week one and when week two, it looks like an extension of the preseason.
Speaker 2: Yes, because like Buddy said, rust, it's just it's ridiculous.
Speaker 3: Ye know, it's more than Russ though, it's mental mistakes. You also see more injuries in the first couple of weeks than you used to. Why players are not in game shape.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 3: Granted I like the joint practices, but I don't like the fighting.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so I.
Speaker 3: Would rather do away with the joint practices. And now, if they go to two preseason games Andy Reid's series out, you get one game, which means you better run those starters as a dress rehearsal, right then, and play the first half of that first game, and then evaluate your talent the rest of the preseason.
Speaker 2: Right. Yeah, but they're talking about they should have kept the preseason at four games, okay, because that gives you more time to evaluate talent, even though you have a training camp. But it's game speed.
Speaker 3: The NFLPA stopped that. They said, we will never play more than twenty games preseason and regular season combined, So when they went to seventeen, the natural progression, right, so the same thing when we go to eighteen, it'll be two. But at that.
Speaker 2: At that point, baby Lamar Jackson, Lion King, I like that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I really don't think we need any body else. Let's see what Jake brum has in this preseason game before you throw him under the bus. Because the one thing I do like is he's way more athletic than Nate Sudfelt. He has a better arm strength than Nate Sudfelt. So he already has more rushing yards in his career accidentally than Nate Sudfelt, and Nate Sudfelt's been in the league a lot longer.
Speaker 2: Mm hm oh yes, absolutely so.
Speaker 1: As far as injuries to switch it over from NFL to MLB, it was announced today that Christian Yelich is going to be having season and he has decided to have season ending back surgery tomorrow. Oh wow, we knew this was a possibility. He was debating whether he would play the rest of the season with the back injury and then have it later, or if he could rehabit. He's been dealing with back injuries for a couple of years. Now, kudos to him because I give him credit. The Brewers are having a really good season there and I shouldn't say really three are missing him is going to be a whole. But he's putting his health before everything else, which is what he should do because let's face it, back, injuries aren't aren't anything to mess with. You can really mess yourself up worse if you don't get things taken care of. So I give him, I give him kudos because that couldn't have been an easy decision, right whether I like it. But we've seen even increase in injuries in baseball lately. Jazz Chisholm just created to the link Yankees. He's out. He's on the ir right now with an elbow injury. We've seen a lot a lot of pictures go down with Tommy John. I know on the Marlins have two of their top Sandy el Kintara. Obviously he had Tommy John and then Uri Perez he had Tommy John. Now who I would say would be another one of their top guys, Jesus Lozardo. He has an injury. He was on a sixty day injury list. Now they've said, he's done for the year as well. I just keep we just keep seeing more and more of these injuries.
Speaker 2: Yes, it's probably lack of conditioning, like Jeremy said, Candy, because you know, these players are just not the one I mean, you know, like you said, those just there to collect their bunny, you know, and do what they got to do. And it's really sad because you know, people pay a lot of money go watch these games, and then you know, I have to be disappointed when that kind of stuff happens, and you know, and also to that pitch count stuff with the pitchers and all that, that's ridiculous, and then you know, you just don't. Uh, that's why managers are so skept and they have these one hundred pitches and they're taking a picture out, you know, that kind of thing, because they know that the arms are going to get sore from from too much pitching, too many pitches. And then another thing too, you got to look at Candy and Jeremy is the fact that now Measure League Baseball bat teams are making pitchers pitch, all right. They're not taking the first swing at the first pitch. They're making them pitch. And when you make a pitcher pitch too much. That's how the pitch count gets up to one hundred and then you know, and then you're out in the fourth inning or whatever. You know.
Speaker 1: So I think part of the problem with all of these injuries is that I think the back in the day, and I'll admit it, I'm not young, you played more sports, and I think more and more as as we've aged, we've seen less and less focus on being a well rounded sports person and being more focused on one particular sport. Pick the sport either you like the most or that you're the best at, and let's just focus on that. And I think when you do that, you're wearing out your muscles and you're not using all of the different ones that I think that's partly why we're seeing some of these injuries or more.
Speaker 2: I mean, I could be wrong.
Speaker 3: But it's coupled with that. But that pitch plock thing, I have said it all year and I'm going to continue to say it. As the pitcher goes three innings into a game, they should increase it by five to ten seconds after that for the next two to three innings. That little bit of extra rest is less wear and tear. So fast on the arms. We've seen We've seen pitchers that weren't able to get a pitch off and lost a game off of it in extra innings. Now and look at the Tigers and all the players they lost to begin the season, and now that people are coming back and entering the lineup, and now they're going on a little bit of a tear. They just swept the Mariners. The Mariners just swept the Mets. So they're not a bad team. They're sitting actually with They had fourteen more wins than the Tigers when they came into the series. Not anymore. Now it's down to eleven. And we've had We've seen the Twins lose a game. We've seen the Guardians lose a game here. We've seen this team lose a game here, which means the Tigers are actually gaining momentum. Am I saying they're gonna mean the wild card? No, because I didn't have him as a wild card team to begin with. I said they'll probably win right around sixty five to seventy five games and just missed the playoffs. And it's trending in that direction right now because with those three wins, they're at fifty six wins now, so there isn't much baseball left now. Guys, you only got about twenty thirty games and they're winning two thirds of them. Add twenty games, that's seventy six wins.
Speaker 1: Yes, everybody, I would have to get it. I do also have an admiration for someone that comes back after bad injuries. Sorry to hear that your son had an ACL injury in soccer. I'm sure he worked hard to get back.
Speaker 3: Oh we got Brosky Bearn here. He's been following every other podcaster and now he's finally on mine. Congratulations Realsky for joining the chat.
Speaker 1: Yes, yes, number thirty can hit. He did well. Good for good for him. I mean I can't imagine having an ACL injury and having trying to come back. And I give anybody credit for playing soccer, because granted, is not the sport that I really that I love or follow very much, but you have to be in really good condition to play soccer. Yes, absolutely, running, constantly running.
Speaker 2: I apologize I had to go off the air. My neck is bothering me for a patch on, so you're free. You know I got that neck problem so mm hmmmm hm.
Speaker 1: Oh he almost gave up. Well I'm glad he didn't. So I want your guys's opinion. Okay, Jordan Childs, should she give back her the bronze medal or how do you feel about this whole situation?
Speaker 2: Is that the one that's supposedly transsexual or whatever? Is that? Is that who we're talking about here.
Speaker 1: Jordan Childs is the gymnast who did a floor route. She was the last one to go on the floor routine. She did a routine, she was given a score. Her coach appealed the score saying it was scored wrong. They changed her score, they gave her the bronze. There was two other gymnasts that were she was given a score originally I think thirteen point six sixty six. Yeah, there's two gymnasts that were tied at thirteen point seven and they changed her score. Score was changed to the thirteen point seven to six, giving her the bronze. Now they're saying that she didn't they didn't appeal in time and that one.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I did hear about the appeal. Yeah, so didn't appeal with time. So now they want to take her metal away from her or whatever they want to the other girl. Yeah, yeah, that's sad.
Speaker 1: So what do we think? What do we how do we feel?
Speaker 2: I think she should keep her metal. I think it's a bunch of politics, and you know, and then it's really sad that you have to have politics in the Olympics. You know, that's that that shouldn't happen. But you know, it's politics everywhere with everything seems put in the Olympics now too, and that's a shame.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I agree, I think you should keep her medal. I didn't get to go to Back to the Bricks, Patty. I'm sorry. I've been busy working and having to come home and podcast every night. I haven't had time to go to any of that stuff. I love that stuff, but I just haven't had time to do it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think she should keep your metal. I think they really need to relook at I mean, an appeal has to be done within a minute. That's that's a little bit too much.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I agree with you, but this isn't a place. This is actually a news channel, a news media outlet, YouTube channel. So I'm sorry we're not gonna put your comment up on the air. I agree that that's something that should have never been made a mockery of right.
Speaker 2: You know what's you know what's wrong today? Everybody thinks everything is a joke and it's not okay, and the buttom line here is like, for instance, I'll give you an example. I was at TSA at the airport in two thousand and nine teen. That's why I don't fly anymore. They confiscated something out of my wife's purse and I told him you're a thief, and they started. I was getting really angry. I said, you know, you shouldn't take stuff out of my wife's purse that don't belong to you. And then to try to tell my wife she had to take it back to her car when we had already valeated it and we don't know where it is because it's been valeaid, and we're already running kind of not late, but you know, we want to get to our gate, okay. And I had this big argument and my face was tried. I was in a bad mood. I was pissed off. I started screaming. The hall people are staying there laugh and they think it's funny. Nothing's funny like this or anything like that. And nowadays everything is a joke and it's not funny. How would day like it if somebody took a trophy from them, from somebody, you know what I mean, or took something away that was that that you liked and everything else. You know, everybody thinks everything is a joke, and Jeremy's right about you know, you get these media people on Facebook, They're on social media. Everything's a joke. It's not funny. Car acts and somebody has a car accid. They think it's a joke. It's not funny. Right, Yes, I'm up tonight. It's not funny. Religion, my wife even laughing, you know.
Speaker 3: Okay, Religion has no place in the Olympics, like it shouldn't have in media, nor should it have in politics, right, and the optics of it to those of us that are Christians, we were offended and I'll leave it at that. But at the same time, this is not the time or place to get into that. We can use any opinion show, but this is a news show, right right.
Speaker 1: Okay, guys, were ready or is there anything else that we really want to talk about.
Speaker 2: Before we go to I'm ready to go. I'm ready for my town. Okay, Paddy, so she likes it when I'm fired up. That's right.
Speaker 3: His nickname is Patty Is. He's from right here in Grand Blank, Michigan, right around the corner from me.
Speaker 2: Oh okay, great.
Speaker 3: But uh, at the same time, in my town. You know what, I am so happy that none of those injuries were as egregiously overstated by the media. For what happened to the Lions players this week at practice. It's a peck strain for Arnold, He's already back at practice. It was an ankle strain, not a sprain. For Ray Castraw. He's back at practice and playing again. And Hendon Hooker has been on the side, throwing with the coaches the entire time and throwing with one migracy mechanics. I know you love that name.
Speaker 2: I made fun of it when he was getting drafted, had Hooker.
Speaker 3: You know, it's a great name and it is funny to say. But at the same time, yes, Buddy conkto, she is a Packers fan. She is from Wisconsin. Yes, is it Appleton is where you're from.
Speaker 1: No, I'm from the Milwaukee area, the suburb of Milwaukee. Yes, Ralph one.
Speaker 2: Of the top five drinking towns in this country. Milwaukee, mm hmm. Pittsburgh Saint Louis. I can name you a few, you know, so all right, my town. Well, the Steelers announced today Mediocre Mike announced that Russell Wilson will play on Saturday. I'm not sure how long or how many, but he will be in the game. It's good to see him back and getting into the groove of things, and he he's excited, so are the fans to see what Russell Wilson's gonna do. Uh you know, for this preseason game, I don't see much of a play. Nate Harbick, are so called starting center right now, has an upper body and every so. Zach Frazier will be playing a lot more this Saturday, which is great to hear because he's a great young guy and very powerful. I watched him block and I tell you what, this guy is really amazing. He's gonna be another Demonti Dawson. He's going to be another Marquise Pouncy or another Mike Webster some of our and Jeff Hardings. We've had some great centers over the years, and you know, so, I think he's going to fit in that mold real soon. I like our offensive line, but I think that's gonna happen. And then you have the pirates here who glue, who have blown ten games, and let's see if Skeens can get back up and go in here on Friday. Skeens pitch is great. Then the bullpen comes in. They either do something wrong or we can't get uh, we can't do anything anything at all with offense or anything to help the guy. Yes orang j thank you for that. Thank you for also participating in my shows. I really appreciate you. Uh, but you know, anyway, Uh, that's what's going on. And then I was announced recently Chris Latang has asked for a trade from the Penguins, and to be frankly honest with you, that's fine with me. If we could get some some players for him, younger players, that's great. He wants to be traded to a Canadian team because he's from Canada, so he wants to play there. And then Malkin has announced that he'll retire after his contract's over, and he's going to rush her to play there and he's going to you know, plant his roots there and stay there. So you know there you go. Yeah, Well, I hope I hope he doesn't become as messed up in the head, as Mike Webster was because, as I've mentioned before, I was his personal cab driver. Sad to see him pass like like you did.
Speaker 3: He means as a player with that statement.
Speaker 2: Yes, absolutely, Zach Fraser is gonna be It's gonna be a top knots center. I think he's It was a great draft pick, you know, I was. I was surprised it was still available, and I'm glad that we got him, uh, you know, but arrest than somebody else, you know. So Juju Smith Schuster sitting out there, I'm waiting for the Steelers to bring him back. See what happens. We might we might have to yeah, uh you.
Speaker 3: Know what, and let them toot their horn. This is probably, on paper, the best offense the Bears fans have seen in their lifetime. I'm not even gonna joke about it. But at the same time, I'm not as high on their own line, just like I'm not as high on Minnesota's own life. And that at that.
Speaker 2: That's the problem with some of these teams, Jeremy. They don't they don't strengthen their offensive one A quarterback has to get beat up all the time. Look at Cincinnati, how many times their offensive line was bad. They went to the Super Bowl and got exposed. I told everybody that, nobody believed me, and then you know, they get in the Super Bowl and they get exposed.
Speaker 3: So I mean, you know, if Jesse Bates didn't channel his energy Quisy Tart, the Bengals win that Super Bowl.
Speaker 2: Yes, absolutely. And then on top of that, now they have in the last two drafts, you know, drafted offensive line just like the Steelers have. But that that memes they took that at la Darius mess He's hurt now. I don't know how long he's going to be out, So I'm glad we didn't get memes.
Speaker 3: Broski Bears says Penn State at West Virginia August thirty first, Yes, that's.
Speaker 2: Going to be a great game. Great game. I had two people on my show because I did a college football special that I do every year. I have somebody from pitt Penn State in West Virginia, and uh, when the West Virginia and the Penn State guys both step back and forth, that game is going to be a dog fight. Right.
Speaker 3: West Virginia is not a slouch team like everybody thinks it is.
Speaker 2: Not anymore, Jeremy Neil Brown stated, this job.
Speaker 3: You know, but they're just the team that's like just outside the cusp of being great is what they are. A very good team. They play some guys really hard and I hope they do.
Speaker 2: Well and they and they recruit well too. And the reason why they recruit well is because they're in a college town. And you know, Pitt has trouble recruiting because they only draw thirty thousand fans at Acrosure Stadium. You know, kids want to be in like in Colorado where they sell out, or in West Virginia Penn State sells out every game no matter how bad they are, you know, and I mean that kind of thing. You know. I've even made a comment about the Cincinnati Bearcats. You know, they're in the city, they sell out. I don't understand what is going on here with Pitt. You know, they can't seem to draw you know, a lot, and it hurts recruiting because kids see this here. You know.
Speaker 3: Uh, that's one of the biggest draws for Michigan, Ohio's And as much as we hate to say looses in the middle of nowhere and nowhere, yes built around the college.
Speaker 2: Right, that's why it's their super Bowl every time there's a game there, Jeremy, And that's their economy. You know, these these college sounds like that, and.
Speaker 3: That's what I was getting at.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Jeremy, did you do your your town?
Speaker 2: Yes? I did mine to Candy, it's your turn. Okay, what's going on in Florida.
Speaker 1: Well, it's kind of interesting you say that, because I'm gonna tie both of my towns together. So Bill Zito, who is the GM for the Florida Panthers, actually one of the that the Warder Fanthers have done. If they have allowed all of the players, all of the most of the personnel, I think at least the high ups, like the gms and coaches, they have allowed them to have the Stanley Cup for twenty four hours. So Bill Zito is actually from Milwaukee. He went to Milwaukee with the Stanley Cup, and believe it or not, he started his career as a bat boy for the Milwaukee Brewers. So he took it to Miller Park which is now American Family and showed it to many of the players and they posted a picture on the Brewers website with Bob Youker and the Stanley Cup with Bill Zito, which I think was just a really cool moment. Bob Youker has been a broadcaster for the Brewers for over fifty years. Bill Schroeder just celebrated his thirty year broadcasting with the Brewers, So I think it was just a really cool moment. And I think it was really cool for Bilziito to take it up there because obviously, let's face it, Wisconsin doesn't have an NHL team, So taking the Stanley Cup up there and sharing that experience with them, I think was just a really cool gesture considering he was a bat boy at the age of sixteen in that stadium, not even in that but up there. So the Brewers are doing pretty good. They got a blow today knowing that Christian Yelich Jordan Love played all of what a couple of plays last game. He two for two, had a touchdown a sixty three yard strike. So I mean, is is that telling no, that's not enough playing time. We'll see how much they play, how much he plays this week, I don't know. I don't even know if court coach the Floora said anything yet. They do play Denver Sunday night. It's a Sunday night game. So it'll be interesting because I'll be I'll be honest with you. My immediate boss is a Broncos fan, so it's my team playing team. But it's preseason, so really it doesn't really matter. But it's just kind of cool that fall is back.
Speaker 3: You know, the night air is getting crisper, the winds picking up, and if you listen by it very quietly, you can hear the Bears fans crying because the Packers are coming to town.
Speaker 1: I like that one.
Speaker 2: Everybody. Everybody picks on the Bears. Man, that's funny. You know.
Speaker 3: I do think they're a better team than last year. I think they have a good outside shot of sneaking into the playoffs because they do have an easy schedule.
Speaker 1: Mm hmm.
Speaker 3: But at the same time, I'm gonna put this out there because there is an NFL history thing that's never been done, and that's neither team, whether they won or lost, that played in the Hall of Fame games. It's made the Super Bowl since its inception, So it doesn't matter if you win or lose that game, and you may make the playoffs, but that doesn't mean you're getting in the super Bowl. And I'll leave it at that. But I do see them winning anywhere from eight to ten games this year, just because the schedule outside the division for them is so much easier than what they've had over the last year.
Speaker 1: I think it would be a division this year. I think I think all of the Packers, Vikings, Bears, and Lions that could be a very tough division.
Speaker 3: I can see where everybody but Minnesota split because I went as bad as all the injuries have been to their defense and everything that's going on with Minnesota, they could go zero and six in this division because it's so tough and I'm not I'm not trying to be mean to Minnesota.
Speaker 1: I even I would say even before this last year that Lions have you know, really improved and is that this division always plays each other in the division very tough, no matter what kind of season anybody's having. It's a very tough, very physical games, I would say, compared to some us playing other divisions and stuff like that.
Speaker 3: I want to say thank you to Chad for joining the Chad tonight, Thank you, sir.
Speaker 2: Yes, absolutely as well. I want to thank everybody. I want to thank everybody for joining, and I want to thank everybody who joins in here and on Jeremy's show for coming and commenting on my show. I've got I have more subscribers now on YouTube because thanks to YouTube, because of being on these shows.
Speaker 3: Well that's what I'm all about.
Speaker 1: Networking, Yes, exactly, exactly. Well, I want to thank everybody that's in the chat room. But let's I don't think anything any parting shots anybody wants to say.
Speaker 2: I just want to say that the planning here in Pittsburgh is bad. They they need to talk to Major League Baseball. They plan a Pirate game and the NFL has a Steeler exhibition game at the same time, so they had to pump the Pirate game back to one o'clock and now we have a Steeler game at seven point thirty. This city has a bad habit of playing too many activities at one time, and then they want to know why things happen. Okay, because you do too much? All right. The Pirate game alone will sell out Saturday, because I think they're having five works and Friday nights. Paul Skins, you know that game's gonna sell out. And then we're playing the Seattle Mariners, who haven't been here since who knows when or even at all in a long time. So all the games are gonna be sold out this weekend, so you'll make your money off of that. You don't need to have drunken Steeler fans trying to you know, with pirate fans walking in and out. That's my parting shot.
Speaker 3: Thank you, DC A no name one for the update. Haven't seen you in a minute, sir, Welcome home, Welcome back to Michigan.
Speaker 2: Yes, thank you.
Speaker 1: I think the AFC North is going to be tough too. Steelers, Bengals, Ravens, Browns all improved to stay the same. I hope Fields balls up. Okay, I think you know it's been a really good show guys.
Speaker 2: Yes it has.
Speaker 1: I think we need to tell everybody how they can get a hold of you and how they can you and your show.
Speaker 2: All right, you can, uh, you can get a hold of me on YouTube, Ralph Williams r W Media catch all my shows there. And I'm on Facebook LinkedIn and I'm also on Twitter X and I'm on Tumbler and you can also I'm working on a Rouku channel and uh uh, and I'm gonna be uploading stuff on the Spotify real soon here as well. So and I'm on the c R s M Media dot com website. My Sports Corner shows there, and I'm in the process of sponsoring my third wrestling company, uh called Honorary Wrestling. It's here in western Pennsylvania, and it will be the third company that uh we have a working arrangement and uh so we're gonna be helping each other advertise and I'll have some special wrestlers wrestlers on my show as awesome.
Speaker 1: Awesome, And you're you're on vacations, your your shows are taking.
Speaker 2: A little bit of a r W media shows will take a break, but I will be here and I will be on Jeremy show on Wednesday night. I will be on with Peter Blake on the Sports Web. So I'm just taking off from my shows. You know, every time I go on vacation, I do a lot of thinking and maybe I'll rearrange some things. I got some new videos opening videos. Jeremy saw the sample of the one we have for the external Bump, and I just put the new one out yesterday for Ralph's Opinion, so you know, and I have a new one for Bible Capsule and for Ralph's Opinion Local and so there you go. Now, all my shows have videos or opening videos, so that's good, you know. And my website's almost finished. They just uploaded the pictures I sent them. I have a new one which you've seen probably with me buying the microphone. That's going to be on my new website, r W Media dot org www dot r W media dot org. It's coming up which was done by Dad dot Data. It's called so Nice Awesome.
Speaker 3: Well. You can find here on the Southboard of YouTube channel every Thursday night for Fire Up and occasionally on Tuesday nights for Inside the Big Skin. You can also find me on my channel Kneecap Biting with the MotorCity Lions, where I talk Lions football five days a week, Monday through Friday noon to one. Also on Mondays, Fridays and Sundays. Wednesday Night is my NFL Roundtable show where we talk about all around the league and we also do pick'ems for each week's game. We do a pretty good job, my guys and I. Ralph is my Steelers guy. I got for the Panthers. I got Jordan Davidson for the Patriots. I've got Mike Johnson for the Vikings. I got Mike Marsh for the Packers sometimes can Cataloan for the Packers. Uh, I've had plethor of guys in there, Shannon Craig Gregory said, once the season starts, he'll come back. That's my residence. Bengals fan and a plethora of Lions guys like Bistrilla, Lions Rumble and a few others that pop in occasionally. Detroit Tom and Will Fogel I said him to begin with, Yeah, he was one I mentioned. But you know what, we have fun.
Speaker 2: It's all good.
Speaker 3: It's a longer show than usual, and Ralph can never stay for all of it.
Speaker 2: But he can't.
Speaker 3: He's there for the news part of it every time.
Speaker 1: Awesome, Awesome, I thank you.
Speaker 2: I want to thank you Candy by the way, for the offer earlier today on the messenger. I appreciate that.
Speaker 1: You know, no problem, I get it. Hey, we all got to support each other however we can, and so South Florida Tribune. If you see a red subscribe button in that lower right hand corner, hit that subscribe button. Like us, Share us with all your friends and family. Monday nights, we talk hockey on Fire Up Florida. We talk baseball on one hundred and eight, such as Baseball Talk Monday Night, Tuesday night is Inside the Pigskin, Wednesday night is Sports Exchange, and Thursday night is Fire Up on Sports Exchange and Fire Up. You just never know what we're going to be talking about. We could be talking about anything. My husband actually wrote a book, Lessons from the Microphone, Tuning into the Enduring Wisdom of Visionary Leaders. It's written by Scott MotorCity Metmouth. Go get your copy today. It's available on Amazon, Barnes and Noble, Kindle, Apple and Google Books. Look, Ralph's got the book. I know Jar has it too. That's okay, okay, But it talks about Scott's forty plus years in the media business. He has lots of stories to tell, a couple of pictures. You can even go see a young Muhammad al lead with him. If you'd like to listen to our podcast, you can get us wherever you get your podcast, Apple, Google, iHeartRadio.
Speaker 2: We have a.
Speaker 1: Website www dot self, Floridatribune dot com. Jeremy writs for us, Scott writes for us. We get transcripts from the Lions, the Jaguars, and the Dolphins that we put up there. And we get NFL communications sometimes too, so we put all of that up there. So if you're into any of those teams or the NFL, check out our website. We also have a link to our store you can buy self Florida Tribune merchandise or MotorCity mad Mouth merchandise. Go check us out. There's a link to Scott's book there as well. If you'd like to advertise or want to sponsor a show, call Scott nine to five four three oh four four one anything else, guys, No.
Speaker 2: I don't have anything else. It was a great show as always. It's always great to be here with you, Candy and Jeremy as always, and uh we uh we'll be in time. We'll see each other next week and uh I'll be in Aree, Pennsylvania.
Speaker 3: So at the end of every show i'm a part of, I say the same thing. Try every day to be a better person than you were the day before. It's the only way to meet the world a better place. It starts right here. The only thing within our control is how we react to things that are out of our control.
Speaker 2: Thank you, buddy.
Speaker 1: I want to just thank everybody that has commented in the chat room. Hello, and goodbye.
Speaker 3: Yes, mister, it's my resident DJ. He may be retired from doing it.
Speaker 2: But hey, Jeremy, I'm a DJ too, you know. I know.
Speaker 3: But my dad when he comes into TAD, I do that for him.
Speaker 2: Oh I know. I have that that sound effect on one of my mixtures.
Speaker 1: Awesome, awesome. Well, I hope every one of you enjoy your week end that's coming up here. Whatever you may be doing, just remember to respect everybody because I think we've lost a lot of that in this world, and I think we all need love and respect and everybody deserves it. Have a great week everybody.
Speaker 2: You have a go when everyone
Speaker 1: Thanks