Speaker 1: Ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls, definitely for children of all ages. Welcome to another edition of Let's Get Biblical with your host, a man formerly in the world of entertainment as a stand up comedian and actor, now turned evangelist for Christ. Here he is. You're your host, My host, host KD.
Speaker 2: Thank you, mister movie Bone, and thank you for listening to another episode of Let's Get Biblical right here on your favorite podcasting platform, whether it's Spreakers, Spotify, Apple, iTunes, and more. We thank you guys for listening in seventeen countries worldwide, including our brand new country, Vietnam. Thank you guys for listening. We just got our stats back the other day and we were elated that some of the countries were in So please continue to spread the Gospels, as it says in the Book of Acts by taking shows like this or maybe clips that you see online and just sharing them. It's the brand new way to share the Gospel. We thank you guys in Vietnam, Mexico, Philippines, over in the UK, and also several of you in the continent of Africa and the good old United States. Thank you guys again for listening too. Let's get biblical world wide.
Speaker 1: Wild wild, wild wild, And what did you just stumble upon? Right?
Speaker 2: You may be an atheist, a non believer. Maybe you're somebody that's really deep in the faith and you're like, this is not.
Speaker 1: A biblical podcast. It is no way.
Speaker 2: There is the caman with some hippitie hoppity noise. Well, listen, calm down. I want to get us all together around the table. Okay, believer, non believer, full believer, someone just kind of dipping their toes in for the first time. Come here. We have a phrase around here. That phrase is we dare you. We dare you to start your faith, reignite your faith, continue your faith with us as we dig into the scriptures of the good old Bible, the basic Constructions before leaving Earth Manual, and we lace those scriptures around your life, my life, and the collective world around us with the forms of let's just say, transparency testimony in the hopes of transformation. Sounds good, right, I thought. So we practiced that a few times, especially recording today. Don't get me started, but today we're going to talk a little bit of a couple things that have been going on in my life and We're going to talk about a simple phrase. We see it on coffee mugs, we see it in stores and T shirts, we see it online all the time. And some of you atheists and non believers out there with this phrase, you giggle and you probably just scroll right pass. And that is let go and let God simple.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 2: I believe we've talked about this before on the podcast, but I want to talk about something that happened with me and casting my fears and anxieties to the side a couple years ago, and something that's been happening to me this year. When I went into prayer at the beginning of the year, I always try to meditate and pray on a word that God will give me to work on. At first it was fear. Then he gave me rest. And we'll talk about those two words in a little bit, and we're going to talk about something that happened to me last night. To start things off. I run a small group for our church and it's a men's group. It's called Band of Brothers. Big shout out to my band of brothers, all right, if you're out there listening, And it's exactly that, where a group of us men of all ages come together and we express things going on in our life and we lace it around a topic at that time. Well, last night we were talking about fear anxiety, and it's going to go into our letting go, letting God sub check today. So last night we're talking about fear and a gentleman was late to the discussion and we were in the middle of talking about spiritual warfare. Spiritual warfare is real, Okay. You ever felt like something's pulling you one way and then pulling you the other. You're in a battle. You've ever seen the cartoon Tom and Jerry, And I'm not lying, we've used this before where Tom has the devil Jerry on one shoulder and he has the God or angel you know, Jerry on the other. That's spiritual warfare right in front of your face, showing your kids growing up. But we don't see a lot of that anymore. We are in the midst of a battle, and this is where we got to let go and let God. Well, this gentleman was going through a battle. The session started at six thirty pm and he showed up a round seven and he said, I'm sorry, I'm late. You know, I just had this overwhelming heaviness on me, and I felt tired, and I ended up falling asleep a little bit. Then taking my children to the park, and I didn't feel like playing with them. I just I felt weird and I felt like something was holding me back. And then my mother had called me and said, aren't you supposed to go to that Band of Brothers group tonight? And he's like, yeah, but I'm with the kids, you know, and I should be spending time with them, even though he wasn't doing anything with them, and he even admitted this, and all of a sudden, he felt this lifting spirit. He said, say you need to go well. In the midst of that testimony, he was telling us we just got done talking about spiritual warfare. The opposition wants to put fear in your life, anxiety and depression and all those negative things to hold you back. We got to remember something and I love this phrase. This is from one of my friends at church. His name's Juan. Big Shot out to him. He has a phrase that I have written up in our podcast wall and it says, our fear is based on an assumption. Let that set in our fear is based on an assumption. For instance, I used to have the fear of flying. Now I could fly all over. I'm a former stand up comedian. I used to go city to city, town to town. I worked in the world of NASCAR where I was a host and I would be a mouthpiece at these races all over the United States. And I flew every weekend by myself, no problem. But I have a problem when my family was with me. You see, because I had a fear or an assumption something was going to happen to us all and see, that assumption led to fear. It started to develop inside of you, and it starts to grip and hold you back from God. When we're walking in fear, anxiety and negative things, this is where the opposition wants you. And by the way, opposition definition on this show and in my vocabulary, means the devil, plain and simple, the deceiver, the evil one, the snake in the garden. I say opposition because I don't want to give him the power of a title or a name, because there's only one title in one power that is higher than those, and that's God and our King Jesus Christ Almighty. So our fear is based on an assumption. And like I said, this show is about letting go and letting God right. So during this meet up with the Band of Brothers, and by the way, you need a group of people to be around to express life with man, if you go back and listen to some of our other shows, I was in a state where I didn't believe that. Ever since that, I have been around a great group, a good church, great leaders. I'm now leading a group called Band of Brothers.
Speaker 1: See.
Speaker 2: God has a sense of humor, Absolutely he does. He knows what he's doing. But we got to trust in him to let go and let God to cast away these fears of anxieties, depressions in our life. And you're like, Katie, that's easy. Yeah, that's easy for you. That's simple. Oh how do I just let go? You got to pray for it. I am a big advocate for prayer, and I think the next show we're going to talk about prayer a little bit more. And I have a phrase that I use and a lot of the people in our church love it. Some of you listeners love it. I've had emails where some of you guys have said, I've written this down, it's on my phone, and I appreciate that. That's very humbling. And that phrase is you want to be rich in life, you have to be po first. Poe and broke, poe and broken. Now my form of poe is spelled p e. Pray over everything, and I mean everything. You're feeling anxious, Lord, I don't know what this feeling is. You know what's on my heart, mind, body, and soul. Please help me. You non believers out there, thou shalt not task God, but you can question God. Dear Lord, if you are real. I pray right now for my anxiety to be lifted. But you got to believe in it. If you're just saying it, to say it like you're rubbing some kind of magic lamp, it's not going to work. It's not. And this is why we're a big advocate on this program about building a personal relationship with Jesus. Now, my fear was of heights and flying. I have a problem with contral too. I used to not like going on roller coasters because I don't have control. I'm not flying that plane. Sometimes I have a problem when other people are driving. It's a control thing. But there's nobody in our life that's controlling us other than Jesus Christ and our father above, and when we ask for the Holy Spirit to be in that situation, there is a lifting calmness where it's like it's okay because when we let go and let God, we're not worrying about that stuff. We just saw Easter pass right. And in the Bible, in the Book of Acts, it talks about the disciples waiting for they were I don't want to say the word waiting. They just got done seeing Jesus nailed to the cross, whipped, beaten, killed. They saw his left last breath come out of his body. Right, we know the story of the crucifixion, but I want you to think about the disciples after that. And I'm gonna think I'm gonna do a show called The Morning After on here. I think we're going to do a show called the Morning After. The Morning after the Crucifixion. What was going through their minds? Anxiety, depression, sadness, fear, fear of what's to come, depressed and sad of what they just saw, anxious for what's going to happen to them in the world around them.
Speaker 1: You see.
Speaker 2: All these things happened to the disciples, Why wouldn't they happen to you? But even Jesus returned and asked the disciples, basically, what is wrong with you? Guys, Mary, why are you weeping? When Mary was the first one to see him at the tomb, why are you weeping? We forget that God has it all and we just have to let go. And the moment that they let go, they were put on the great commission. God led them. They had a platform for him to go out and spread the gospel for His honor, his glory. Just imagine if you can just let go and again to be rich in life, you got to be po pray over everything. And I truly believe that, guys. When I was getting on airplanes having no problem, there was a moment two years ago that I'm going to share with you that I got on an airplane headed to and it's funny. I look down on my keyboard and all of a sudden there's a picture of an airplane. Really funny because of airplane mode.
Speaker 1: I get it.
Speaker 2: But I could have looked anywhere else. The battery, you know the letters, and you know God's in control. He made me look at the airplane to remind you of this story. So when we're returned after the break, I want to share with you that something that almost crippled me from sharing the gospel for the Lord because of fear. Here's the music of I needed this, Dave, and I needed this Lord. I need to see some blue skies when we return my testimony of fear.
Speaker 3: Futher andnqush oh oh my pushion, Jesus, shy blues guy, blues guy, Oh God on me blue.
Speaker 1: Lose.
Speaker 3: I was on it to die. So there's a man I can never cry. Shame in my heart and pride in my eyes. Will you break the silence?
Speaker 1: You tear down the lines, Lord I.
Speaker 3: Feel, Please lead me back to the little Cross.
Speaker 1: Jesus need blues booz guys, Oh God, I.
Speaker 3: Need blues bocuse Tom keeps slipping because like and nothing, the world keep judging the worth of my life. They call me a failure, wasted past. For your grace is spoken, your love will lies. My skin is my heartiest gas. I feel every fear of the move man's past for you, O my future. You hear my past. No mercy reminds me that's Dove's doll. Jesus, I'm running, running a seal. Leave me on the bottom, praying with all minds are lifted and dogs take me through the storm.
Speaker 2: And show me blues. God, oh God, what a perfect song to express what we've been talking about. God, show me blue skies. And in the midst of this, he's talking about his fears, his depression, and he lifts his hands God asking for blue skies. Right now, you may have that free that fear, anxiety, depression, that darkness looming over your life. And all you gotta do is go to blue skies. That's it, by prayer, lifting your hands. You don't even have to do it in front of people. You don't have to expressed it. If you've ever done that. Just go someplace quiet, because I love what he says in the Bible. Come to me in quiet moments. That is the most intimate time that you can start your relationship with Christ one hundred percent. So I told you before the break that we're going to talk a little bit about my testimony of fear and how it almost crippled me a couple of years ago. Now, I talked about my I guess my fear of heights and flying. I always had this silly feeling that I don't want to fly or even fly across an ocean, because one of my fears is I don't want to end up like Tom Hanks on Castaway, all right, I don't want to be eaten by a shark. These are silly things, right, I'm telling you this, and it sounds silly, but it's a fear and we've got to open up our hands to blue skies and say, Lord, I'm letting go, just that simple. I'm letting go take over in my life, take over my fears and anxiety. Well, I got on the plane to go visit my father because some of you know the story that my father is very ill and currently he's probably got about three to six months to live. In about two years ago, I kind of heard the same story, and fear went into my mind. Oh my god, is he going to die tomorrow next week? Is he going to die on the way as I'm traveling there? And I got on the airplane to fly there. Well, several months before that, I've been praying to God about this trip, and I felt a sense of don't get on a plane, not because something bad was gonna happen. I just needed to obey guy God. And all of a sudden I didn't obey him, and we hit something at forty eight thousand feet. Now, I was in prayer at the time before that happened. I felt something like a little thud, and I'm like, ah, that happens all the time. Had my earphones on, I'm listening to my Christian music, had my Bible open. I was all set.
Speaker 1: I was with God.
Speaker 2: But I look to the right and I see ultimate fear on my wife's face. She tells me to take my earplugs out.
Speaker 3: I did.
Speaker 2: She goes, did you hear what they said? They're gonna turn back around? We hit something. She's looking at me with this sense of fear. My son, my second oldest, was grabbing her hand, just comforting her. And then of course my youngest at the time, he was six years old, He's like, let's do it again, you know, like.
Speaker 1: It's a roller coaster.
Speaker 2: Can you see the difference in all of this. My wife was an absolute fear, and then my youngest was just letting go like a child, like we're gonna be okay, but no matter what, I know, we're gonna be with God. Like we've got to remember that. We've got to remember that that when you develop your personal relationship with Christ and you turn your life over to Christ. What's gonna harm you, what's gonna hurt you? As long as we let go to Him, these fears, anxieties, problems will feel so minuscule, if not feel like a child myself. I was in prayer and I was nervous. I was a little scared at the time. But as soon as I got back into the Bible and I started praying, put my head set back on. My wife said, the plane shook for forty five minutes. I didn't feel it. I was in prayer, and that shows you right there, because I was letting go to God and I didn't feel anything. I was praying over the people on the plane, praying over the plane, praying for the weather we landed. She looked that mean, says, I don't want to get back on the plane, And I said, I understand. I don't blame it. Neither do I because a little bit of fear was still in me. And we drove five thousand miles. We were like disciples, all right. We just drove instead of walked. Went to New York. We got to see some great spiritual experiences with a family in Ohio. With my family, I was able to share that testimony and show how great God truly is. And guess what, I have a family of a lot of non believers. Can you imagine if that fear crippled us and we didn't go, and we continued to disobey God. It all started with me disobeying him, not listening to the prayers of him, saying, eh, I don't want you to get on a plane. He wanted us to drive so we could affect more lives that testimony. And I know what you're thinking, Oh, what kind of God would do that? Listen, there are times that your family members, friends, people in your job, your bosses will test you and what you think is a cruel way. I didn't think it was a cruel way. I looked at it differently. I looked at it as a disobedience when I should have listened to him the first time. Don't put your hand on the stove. Don't put your hand on the stove. I told you.
Speaker 1: I told you not.
Speaker 2: To put your hand on the hot stove. He's such a good father. But we want to do things on our own accord. We want to fight fear, we want to fight anxiety, we want to fight depression on our own. We want to turn to medications. We want to turn to gurus that are like you are.
Speaker 1: Better than this.
Speaker 2: And you know self help books. There's one good self help book. It's called the Bible. It is called the Bible. And what does the Bible say about? How about letting go and letting God? Simple ones, simple things we forget one Peter Chapter five, verse seven. Casting all your anxieties on him because he cares for you. Casting all your anxieties on him because he cares for you. Simple right, Philippians four six. This was shared by the gentleman that started his testimony before we had to break. Do not be anxious about anything. The Bible talks about anxiety, depression, fear. Why because those are the tools of the opposition. This is not of God Philippians chapter three, verses twelve through fourteen. Not that I have already obtained this or I am already perfect. But I press on make it my own, because Jesus Christ has made me his own. Brothers, I do not consider that I have made it on my own. But one thing I do is forgetting what lies behind and straining forward to what lies ahead. I love this because we think it's a destination. The word lies. You break this down forgetting what lies behind the lies that we're told. When you jumped into that fear because of an assumption that's a lie. Oh, something bad's going to happen. That's a lie. That's a lie. Do bad things happen? Sure, just like it did with me. But it was a teachable moment because I did not let go and let God. Then it goes on to saying straining forward to what lies ahead, preparing you for the lies that are coming ahead. Lies are going to come, fears are going to come, Anxiety is going to come. Everybody thinks that just because you're walking with God once and he gets you through it, and you say, yeah, I don't need you anymore, that it won't come again. Even as I'm walking with Christ, I know that these things come daily. But I sit there in the midst of God with his arms open wide. I can see him with a shield and sword protecting me, saying, Hey, I know that you just thought about something bad that fear. Hey, I'm gonna cast it away, bam one Peter chapter five, verse seven. Casting all your anxieties upon him because he cares for you leads to Philippians chapter three verses twelve through fourteen, when it says, forgetting what lies behind and straining forward to what lies ahead, I press on toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus.
Speaker 1: Amen.
Speaker 2: You know what's funny about this and the reason why I got so excited on that. And we'll close with this. I did not read these verses ahead of time. If you you guys know this podcast, I'm sharing and reading this as we're going, and he hits me like a ton of bricks sometimes, and he just did right there with that last phrase, I press on toward the goal for the prize of the upward Call of Jesus Christ. What does that mean? Well, go back to my story. We landed, we pressed forward, We got into a van. I can't believe we made it five thousand miles because we came back. We had something wrong with the engine and the guy said, I can't believe that you went five thousand miles on your engine like this. That's God, because we let go, stayed in prayer, continue to do cast our anxieties upon him. First Peter toward the goal and the prize of the call of God. And that was to spread this testimony of how great God is in my life, my children's life, and my wife's life. Doesn't that sound so much better than locking yourself in a room and allowing fear, anxiety, and depression to cripple you, hurt you, break you down, and continue to beat you. There's so many great verses in the Bible. I'm casting your fears and everything upon him Proverbs twenty nine to eleven. A fool gives full vent to his spirit. This is perfect, perfect because when I was getting on the plane, and I had told my wife part of the story, I didn't tell you. So let's rewind back to the story of me on the plane and I was praying that we shouldn't have gotten on a prayer. Let me rephrase that I wasn't praying that I shouldn't get on a plane. I was feeling that we shouldn't get on a plane, as I'm praying to God. And that's because he wants us to travel as a family, share life as a family, and have many testimonies to share on the road. Now, a fool gives full vent into his spirit. I told my wife I was feeling this way in prayer. I gave into my spirit. When we got on that plane, I'm like, I know we shouldn't be on this plane. I know we shouldn't be on this plane. I'm giving into that spirit of fear because our fear is based on an assumption. I was assuming something bad was happened. To finish Proverbs twenty nine to eleven. But a wise man quietly holds it back. You see, when you come upon fear, depression, anxiety, negative things in your life, put it in your back pocket. Allow God to pick it up and take it away. But you you, here's my shaking you moment. You have to have faith in Him that he will do it. You can't just come to him and assume that he's that genie in a lamp like we discussed earlier. You have to know he's going to take it, and the best way to do that is to know him personally, developing a personal relationship with Jesus Christ. You may not know how to do that. First things. First, you have to give your life over to God. You have to say, Lord, I need you to be my personal Lord and savior. I have stumbled and I've fallen short of the glory of God. Dear Lord, help me. I need you to be my savior, save me. And you're gonna feel different. You're gonna feel up lifting spirit that will start to lead you. But you gotta follow that spirit. Your flesh is gonna fight it because we're in spiritual warfare. I talked about that to kick off this show. So many things have come together here in this episode, and I truly want to thank you guys for seeing it all come together the greater picture, from fear to anxiety to depression, How it cripples you, how negative things in life cripple you. But we've got to let go and let God truly believe in it. Ask him, Lord, take it over, take it away from me. I don't want it. Take that cross. Do you know? When he was walking up cavalry as he was being beaten, God gave him a helper. He gave him another person to help carry that cross. That person represents us. We don't have to carry that cross alone. Jesus was right there, no matter how battered, beaten, or torn he was. I want you to know your past does not dictate your future, and He's calling you right now to a new place. And that new place is in the Kingdom of Heaven. How do I do it, Katie. Well, this is your opportunity right now, or you may be cashed your fears and anxieties upon him. Cast your sins upon him. We saw sin and fall short of the glory of God. I love that phrase. I stumble. I hit my toes on rocks all the time, but I say, Lord, I'm sorry forgive me. Show me not to stumble on that rock anymore. But right now I want you to do something for you, not me, for you, for God. This is your first intimate moment with Him. I'm just a mediator. I ask for you to put your hands open, bow your heads. You may have never prayed in your life, but this is your moment, and just repeat after me, Dear God, I'm a sinner. I fall short daily of the glory of God. But I can't do this anymore. I need a savior that saviors you. You. I cast all my fears, anxiety, depression, my sins upon you. Help me follow you, and to the end of my days, be my personal Lord and Savior. I believe you rose, you died, and you returned for your victory and mine take over my life right now. I love you, and we pray it the precious name of Jesus. Amen, Welcome, Welcome to the Kingdom. Now you got to work on your relationship with them. Get in the Bible, get into prayer. Just talk to them and we'll talk about prayer next week on the show. Thank you guys for listening. Share this with a friend that needs to hear this, and guess what you'll be like a disciple spreading the word to the ends of the earth. God bless y'all. Take care.