Speaker 1: All right, guys, we're gonna We're gonna jump right into this because JB's got an update on his on his cycling injury, and if you haven't heard about all that, JB, give me a little short recap about it in just a second. Thanks for being with us. My name is Sandy, This is JB. Hello. Atricia's here too.
Speaker 2: Hi everybody.
Speaker 1: All right, let's get into this because JB called on one of the great things about living in Austin for as long as we've lived in Austin is the relationships that we have built over the years and the friendships that we have, and the business connections that we have. I would bet you that you could throw if you call us up and say, hey, I need someone to pour my driveway. I bet you were two people away from that person.
Speaker 3: I've got one.
Speaker 1: You got one guy there.
Speaker 3: It is Fernando. Fernando's my guys.
Speaker 1: I need someone to paint my house. Gotcha, Abraham's our guy, right, you know what I mean. But that's the thing about living here for a long time, as you build up those relationships, and one of them paid off for JB because of this horrific cycling injury that he had, and I'll let you take it from here. I know, so I had.
Speaker 3: I had a what really seemed like a pretty harmless cycling accident a couple weeks ago. I was in Colorado on what's called a gravel bike, and so you're riding in loose gravel, and then I hit this loose sand and fell over and I scraped my elbow and my knee just a little, and I kind of felt my hip tap, but didn't think anything of it. Got back on the bike, rode another I'd already done fifty five miles at this point, rode another twenty miles. But then about after I got back up on the bike, when I went to the rest stop, it just kind of cleaned off some stuff with some water. Again, didn't even think about my hip. Then we're about riding along about twenty minutes and I reached down and I feel it starting to swell right on the top of my hip. By the time we were done, you know, an hour and a half later, so it was like a softball on my hip, and so I was icing it and then and then it just started bruising and then spreading, and then the bruise has spread. Well, I went to a doctor when I got back to got back to Austin. This is three days after I went to the walk in at my normal doctor clinic, and she was like, well, all you can do is wait it out. I was like, really, because people keep telling me I should drain it or it could get infected or clot or whatever. She's like, no, you'll be fine, like okays, And then it just started getting it stayed swollen like baseball size, and then started getting harder and harder. And then it was getting to where it was, you know, tender, like to bump into anything.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 3: I was like, this is not good.
Speaker 1: This is so.
Speaker 3: Anyway, you know, I wasn't going to go back to that doctor. Her advice was just to go to the er, and that seems like a waste of people's time and money, our facilities. Again, it made no sense. But I called an old friend of the show and just personal friend of ours because another friend of mine had a similar cycling accident and actually broke his hip. Said you need to get a plastic surgeon to look at this and get all that drained out.
Speaker 1: This was that doctor record that told you about that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he broke his hip cycling accident once. Yeah, so he's had this exact, very similar injury, injury his was worse. He's like, you got to get that taken care of. Old friend of the show and personal friend of all of ours, doctor Coreedi. I called him and I was like, dude, this is very random. I've got a bruise that goes from my belly button all the way around my side to my spine and a softball lump on my hip. And he's like, come on up here.
Speaker 1: Did he really nice? Yes?
Speaker 3: You know, and this is a guy who it takes months to get into seem months and months, and you know, and he's got his own surgery center there and it's booked. It's not like I mean, so him just seeing me on a whim was a huge ask not lost on me. And then I get there and he's got a bunch of the same women that have been working with him forever and they're like, oh my god, like I think they were just excited to be doing something different. And then you know, so they shoot it up and get it all numb, and it's basically like the ultimate episode of Doctor Pimple Pop.
Speaker 2: Oh, squeeze it, squeeze it.
Speaker 3: They took turns squeezing it and pushing on it and then getting it all pushed up and making an incision and just it was coming out like gummy camp.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, oh this.
Speaker 3: Thick, dark, coagulated blood that was inside of you. Yes, and I kept, I mean I was, I was struggling because it was just painful. And then doctor Karedy called me a lot of things, the things that your high school football coach.
Speaker 2: Used to call it baba in pain.
Speaker 1: He hadn't changed, has he changed?
Speaker 3: He's like, come on, come on, and uh anyhow about an hour later, after all of them took turns squeezing on my hip and ruining their their uh scrubs process, because even Coardy was like, oh you got me, you got me, and he was so he was so funny.
Speaker 1: He goes, he.
Speaker 3: Goes, this is actually great because everything in our office is really organized and you know, it's very calm and in a daily basis, and he goes, you walking in here, this is just it's like, He's like, this is when I was working in the hospitals when I was young. Yeah, And he goes, because they're all walking arou they're not used to seeing ines like this. You know, I used to search trauma. And he goes, this is so fun. He goes, this is fun, like it's I know, he was just having you know, and I was talking to him about that. I go, I go, you know, I think that's true with most industries. When you're young and you're clueless and you're working all the time, those are the good old days and you don't even know it. Yeah, you know, what was that way in radio? I said, it was that way in radio. I lived at the radio station, you know, and things that if I thought about it today, I'd be like what I did? But that was so fun anyway, Uh, squeeze me in there, squeeze my hip. They all got a chance to squeeze it.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: And now I've got I've got like a waist wrap around it that I got from the CBS, and I got to keep it compressed so it doesn't fill back up with fluid.
Speaker 1: But do you feel but now that like you were just sitting there wondering, Now you were able to take action, get some thing he's done, do something instead of just sitting there wondering is this going to heal? Yeah?
Speaker 3: And eventually going to to an emergency room visit. Right when it gets to be so bad and doctor Credem said this, he goes, yeah, if you hadn't done this, you would have had a permanent lump on your head.
Speaker 2: Oh, there's no way that gunk should have stayed in your body or been in there that long.
Speaker 3: I know, I know, And it's just you. Just you have to ask. You have to keep asking your doctors.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I know.
Speaker 1: By the way, if you want to check out, it's Westlake Plastic Surgery dot com. The handle on Instagram is at Westlake Plastic Surgery if you want to go check that out. You see Boby Tricia was a patient of his. I mean, yeah, he's great.
Speaker 2: I can attest to his work. He is very good at his job, Sandy, you can attest.
Speaker 3: And he is so he is so blunt is what I love about him.
Speaker 1: He's a guy from right, He's still a guy from Brooklyn.
Speaker 3: He goes, hey, you know, I took my shirt off, and he goes, hey, you're you're actually in shape. I've seen you get pretty big here and now.
Speaker 1: Hey his big thing and a specialty. Uh, he was doing a lot of guy camasity man boob.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, yeah, he does that still right.
Speaker 1: He is the guy in America to go to for Gino Camasiti if you've got man boobs and a lot of And I talked to him about I don't have him, but he did a couple of podcast episodes and he's like, hey, you're something you got. You can be the fittest guy in the world and have man boobs.
Speaker 3: You just can't just an extra tissue there exactly.
Speaker 1: So he's the guy for that too. And I'll go see him if I ever need it. I'll tell you that for sure.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, I will make your appointment for you.
Speaker 3: If you needed an emergency boil or hematoma taking.
Speaker 2: Care of.
Speaker 1: Oh, thank you, doctor Bob Perdy. I think I still remember his number two, but I don't want to say and get it wrong. Seven I do seven three two oh seven three two.
Speaker 2: That's it.
Speaker 1: Yep, that's it, all right? Stay with us? Was that a tivvy? Do we miss anything?
Speaker 3: Oh no, I'm I'm on the men though.
Speaker 1: This is good. That's good after a rough couple of weeks, all right, stay with us. Chrisa's got the story we love coming up next. Before we get into the story we love, it feels like another small town news report here. But we got another rabid fox to let you know about. Women in San Marcus got bit, got attacked by a fox. And now there's supposedly another one. This one's in Wimberley, Wimberly.
Speaker 2: Yeah, something's up with the foxes right now, right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, just be careful out there in the hill country and get a fox near you, just stay away. Yeah, tells me he's coming after you.
Speaker 2: Some of these are apparently the one in San Marcus Chase. This lady should throw him off of her six different times, kept coming back and jumping on her.
Speaker 1: Protect your chip, protect your wife, Protect your babies. Fox is going crazy up in here, right, be careful. The stories we love.
Speaker 3: Lie crom the Left Home Studio, Uller Shop.
Speaker 2: All right, we've been complaining for a while now that Austin's getting too big, and yes, our metro population still is growing at a ridiculously rapid pace. But you guys, we don't have it as bad as the city down the road from US. Austin has fallen to the thirteenth largest city in Texas, in Texas, in Texas, the third I'm sorry, the forty fourth largest city in Texas. Thirteenth nationwide. You want to know who recently is now?
Speaker 3: Yeah, we were going back and forth with San Francisco.
Speaker 1: For a while.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no thirteenth nation wide. But fort Worth on top in Texas largest population. Yes, surpassed Austin to become one of the largest cities in town.
Speaker 1: You can tell you're not from fort Worth. Where that you said fort Worth? Way? I say, because if you're from fort Worth, it's fort Worth. It's not for fort Worth.
Speaker 2: I have I've been going to fort Worth. Oh, now you've had a question. I'm saying it. Have family who lives in like the fort Worth Weatherford area, right area.
Speaker 1: But it's fort Worth. Fort Worth's fort Worth? For Worth? How do you say it? Jamie?
Speaker 3: Fort Worth?
Speaker 1: Different? Love fort Worth, by the way. I love fort Worth. I think it's awesome. I went to a conference up there a couple of years ago and hung out in the downtown area and it's cool. I really like it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's so weird. I'm looking at largest cities, but this is twenty twenty two.
Speaker 1: But it's weird.
Speaker 3: I don't think if Austin as being bigger than San Jose, Columbus, Indianapolis, San Francisco, Seattle, Denver, Oklahoma City. We're bigger than all those cities.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I think Austin is just such a huge footprint because we keep annexing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we're absorbing all of the surrounding areas.
Speaker 1: Yes.
Speaker 3: When you look at like San Francisco, it's just it's so concentrated, right right, I don't know, like we're bigger than DC like this just I can't get my brain. And I'm talking city size versus market size, right, there's a difference market size. You put Dallas Fort Worth together, in Minneapolis, Saint Paul, you know, a lot of different cities like that. But it's just we're bigger than Vegas. Like what, it's just Boston.
Speaker 1: We're bigger than Boston. Yes, and population for.
Speaker 2: The city, Wow, just think that there's so much, so many more people. It feels like in Boston.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it just feels like a big city.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Yeah, it's just mind boggling.
Speaker 1: People are migrating to Fort Worth, Fort Worth, fort Worth. I mean there's definitely a difference in people. There's a certain type of person that lives in Dallas and there's a certain type of person that lives in Fort Worth.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Houston number one.
Speaker 1: Completely different accents too, completely different accents. Right. Yeah, what was that about Houston?
Speaker 2: I said, Houston two point three million. Definitely different kind of people who live there. Like there's definitely different people in each city, like may do we have here.
Speaker 1: Two million? Right?
Speaker 3: Well, I know I'm looking at a million. I'm looking at the twenty twenty census.
Speaker 2: July twenty twenty four largest cities in Texas. Houston's at two point three and we're at right at almost a million.
Speaker 3: Thought we were at a million in twenty twenty just.
Speaker 1: In Austin, And that doesn't count the suburbs, like right, just Austin. Yes, yet, just Austin. I think we're over two million if you take.
Speaker 2: In everybody else, all the other people.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so well, I mean, okay, well I'll take that down that that downward movement for the population of Boston because and I've said this for years, this city is not built for two million people. It's just the infrastructure is not there for it. You can't get anywhere east and west.
Speaker 2: Here, and they're trying so hard to make it happen. Just not working, right, That's.
Speaker 3: The what's funny, As it should be easier to go east and west and harder to go to north and south because of the river.
Speaker 1: Right, Yeah, you're right, exactly right. I swear the city planners one hundred and something years ago they were like, let's not let this turn into a big city.
Speaker 3: Right, It's definitely that way in the sixties and seventies.
Speaker 1: Let's make it difficult to get around here. Yeah. So coming up next, we're gonna talk to our buddy Stephen Presley from at thunder Pop TB. He's gonna tell us about how you can save money going to the movie theater this year. That's some other stuff too, So stick around. It's coming up on Austin's eighties station one oh three point one. Good news for JB. One of his Instagram purchases that could come off as a flim flam yep is one hundred percent legit. We'll tell you what it is and just a sec Thanks for being with us. My name is Sandy, This is JB. Electricia's here too.
Speaker 2: Hi, everybody.
Speaker 1: A lot of people are still finding the show all the time. I ran into someone at Rudy's yesterday that's like, Hey, when did you and JB start doing the show again. I was like a few months ago, he goes, I was just flipping through the channels and found you, guys. I go, We'll tell your friends, tell all your friends, all your friends, and can I buy you a Sausa trap? That's what I said. So anyway, there's a lot of new people that are listing how you doing? And JB is a sucker for an Instagram ad. The algorithm's got him figured out. And one time he broke out his baseball cap that's got red lights on the inside to promote hair growth, and we were like, JB got it. Was like JB got swindled.
Speaker 2: Okay, mimy might as well try it, which is what's the worst that can happen?
Speaker 1: I don't buy anything. He happens to have it Handy and Tricia read that the red light therapy one hundred percent works.
Speaker 2: One hundred percent.
Speaker 3: Hit j.
Speaker 1: Used it. He got his goofy hat on and turn his lights, turn it on. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Dermatologist hair specialists like the people you would go to or for you know, what is it, hair transplants, They all say absolutely the light therapy works for hair growth, and they recommend people use it and to start using it before you start noticing your hair thinning out right. And also they say that also transfers to red light therapy for your skin and collagen and stuff like that. So I'm full on ordering one of those red light masks. But jab, yeah, you were right.
Speaker 3: My wife has one of the red light masks. And there's different kinds of light too, since of green yellow that have different.
Speaker 2: Green and blue and red bright they do different things.
Speaker 1: Ye, yep.
Speaker 2: But they did say for the face, red light for the face and for the hair. The whole key for it to work is consistency, and they said you have to You might not see results for like six eight months, but if you consistently do it, you will eventually see the results.
Speaker 1: I'll be JB. Did you ever even think about taking pro Pecia, the medication for hair.
Speaker 3: No, I've not taken Propecia. I think I read about too many side effects.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I've got those right in front of me if you'd like to. It's a you don't want to take that stuff. Ed is one of them.
Speaker 2: Don't you have a friend it's been taking it for years?
Speaker 1: Yeah, Marlin's been taking it forever. But I mean, Ed, do you know what I mean? But Ed, I don't want that nobody wants reduced sex drive.
Speaker 2: Nobody wants that.
Speaker 1: I don't think there's anything stop JB though.
Speaker 2: It's too powerful, especially with.
Speaker 1: It is still.
Speaker 3: Purple from my injury. Yes, uh, just time is running out to my wife, Aaron. If you want some purple Wiener time.
Speaker 1: Doctor backus, doctor Greedy shortened the purple Wiener time, you should go listen to the podcast episode that's titled JB As a Purple Wiener if you need the backstory on all that. So JB. Your red light therapy thing is darn good thing. Too late for me.
Speaker 3: I think it's so funny because there's there's so much new science out there and all this biohacking.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, In.
Speaker 3: Fact, there's a conference here in town in a couple of weeks. You ever know that that Dave Asprey guy that wears the tended glasses and always kind of wobbles his head when he talks about biohacking.
Speaker 1: Doesn't sound like a guy be familiar with he does.
Speaker 3: He's doing a conference here with all these specialists about biohacking. Isn't like different things?
Speaker 1: The world's authority on longevity and Austin doctor, the guy that wrote that book.
Speaker 3: Well, there's a couple of uh, peter A.
Speaker 2: Ta oh, yes, I've had him so many times.
Speaker 3: Is Huberman living in Austin.
Speaker 1: I don't know, but.
Speaker 3: Peter a Tea, I know. Yeah, he's become kind of the the voice of biohacking. There's a few of them. Austin's kind of becoming a hotbed for that. But it's all your cold plunges and saunas and different supplements.
Speaker 1: Stuff that figured out a thousand years ago, right, yeah, right probably. I mean, hey, there's another something. I mean a lot of natural stuff out there. I was just reading about something that's nature's ozimpic.
Speaker 2: It's burberine, Burbering.
Speaker 1: I have it.
Speaker 2: I just ordered it. Do you know anything about burberine JB.
Speaker 3: No, I don't even know.
Speaker 1: What that is.
Speaker 2: Burberine is supposed to help, like Sandy said, it's being called nature's ozimpic. It helps with like glucose levels. It can help with metabolism if people sometimes have issues metabolic issues because they're glucose, and it's not for people like with diabetes. It's not that. It's just helping to help to balance out your glucose levels, which can lead to storing too much fat. So I've been hearing about it a lot lately and talked to a pharmacist and a couple of doctors, and they're like, heck, yeah, right, you have to make sure it doesn't interact with other medications you're already taking. But yeah, that's a new one I've been looking into lately.
Speaker 1: We're all healthy up in here, JB. I like the old Sandy No.
Speaker 3: No, I just we're trying to undo all the damage we did in the twenty in our twenties.
Speaker 1: Right, yeah, I mean, I'm just glad the liver rejuvenates itself, thank God. So so happy of that. So uh yeah, red light there, Wait a minute, what is this red light mask? You mentioned that in passing?
Speaker 2: Is this the thing?
Speaker 3: It looks like It looks like a Jason mask, the old school Howkskey mask, just filled with red lights inside.
Speaker 2: Of it, just like just like JB's hat. It's the red lights. But you put it on your face and it helps rejuvenate collagen in your face for anti aging.
Speaker 1: Do you do you have like goggles on your eyes or something?
Speaker 2: Nos, the holes are cut.
Speaker 3: Out, you're just looking through the mask.
Speaker 2: How often does does Aaron do it? JB like a daily thing every day.
Speaker 3: Can you see over my shoulder this white box?
Speaker 1: I cannot now, no, I can to it. I can't see it. I only have part of your screen online.
Speaker 3: Oh it's well, it's it's a red light therapy box. Oh yeah, when she's sitting in her computer sometimes she'll turn it on and get it like instead of wearing them. But the mask I think is probably more effective.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm just curious how much one of those are. Ascals.
Speaker 2: You can get them for all different prices. That is one of the things they said about the light therapy.
Speaker 1: Ooh, you need to close the door when you put that on. It's scary.
Speaker 2: It's like the Jason mask, right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well it's more like Guy Fawkes mask or the silence of the Lamb's mask. Yeah.
Speaker 2: They said that you can pay anywhere from You can get one for one hundred bucks to five thousand dollars, so you got to really know.
Speaker 3: They're all over.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they're all over.
Speaker 1: Huh. All right, thanks for being with us friends. We do appreciate if you missed the earlier part of the show. You missed a lot. And Stephen Presley was with us from a thunder Pop TV. JB told the story about seeing our old friend doctor Bob Creedy at Westlake Plastic Surgery and getting his contusion drained out, which shout out, doctor Bob, that was awfully nice of him.
Speaker 3: Save me, save me, get in and see you.
Speaker 1: So I have a great weekend, but we'll do it again Monday from seven until eight o'clock. It's The JB and Sandy Show on Austin's eighties station one O three point one and streaming on iHeartRadio app