Speaker 1: Something you should go. Something you should know is brought to you by genesisgoldira dot com. That's also something you should know. You can put your retirement plan. I'm the gold Standard. Learn more and get a free gold and Silver guide at Genesis gooldr dot com. Now on this program, we try to not get political, but I do have a guest today that is definitely known for politics, and he's got a new book out that has definitely something to do with politics. But we're not talking to him about politics. We're talking to him about a new book, and we're excited to bring him back to the program. I had a chance to meet this gentleman many years ago when he was in Sioux Falls, and I'm excited to talk to him. I don't know, third, fourth, fifth, sixth times, something like that. On the radio, mister Newt Gingrich number one New York Times bestselling author. He's got a brand new book out. It's called Trump's Triumph, America's Greatest Comeback. What number is this? Do you even know which number? You've got a bunch of books out.
Speaker 2: I don't know. Somebody told me it's like number forty four.
Speaker 1: That is amazing, something like that, and best seller you've got. You know, when you put out a book, people just love them and they go out and buy them right up. And let's talk about this newest book, Trump's Triumph, America's Greatest Comeback? And when did you start working on this and what does it take to put a book like this together.
Speaker 2: Well, we actually started writing it and thinking it through in October because we were pretty sure Trump was going to win and we wanted to figure out how to make sense of it, and not just for Trump, but for America. That's why, Well, the title is Trump's Triumph. The subtitle is America's Greatest Comeback, not Trump's Greatest comeback. And we thought it was very important to recognize that it's the country that really came back. And you know, I think it's a very exciting story. Trump Triumph is actually partially about the past how do we get to hear and partially about the future. Where are we going to go now that Trump has won and the Mega movement has won? And I think that's an important part of the story. Is it's a dynamic It's not a polaroid shot that's a still life. It's a dynamic motion picture. And the things are going to continue evolving intotinue unfolding, and I think it's very exciting.
Speaker 1: And I love that you are a student of history, and there's so many wonderful insights that you have on things. And one of the things that's fascinating. Trump is not the first president to serve a split presidency twenty second and twenty fourth president Grover Cleveland. Also there are some similarities there, aren't there.
Speaker 2: Well that it's true Cleveland won and then it was the first Democrat elected the Civil War and then lost in a very narrow election, and then came back and won again in eighteen ninety two. So when Trump ended up out of office, I told him, you know, you ought to hang a picture of Grover Cleveland up because you're coming back. And so he is the second American to be elected, lose the office, and then be re elected. And I think actually historians will look back and say that the four years in the wilderness profoundly changed Trump. He came back as a more energized, more focused, and bolder person, more deeply committed to changing the system, and with the enormous knowledge of how to do it.
Speaker 1: And when you talk about the system, think about you know, how things have always been done. And Trump has very much been kind of a non traditional candidate from the very beginning, hasn't he.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, I think he started that way. I mean, Kliston and I first had breakfast with him to talk about running in February of twenty fifteen, and when he came down the long escalator on June fifteenth of twenty fifteen. You know, he was a business guy. He never run for office, and so he took everything he'd learned in business, which was very customer oriented. He had had a TV show for thirteen years, and he understood a great deal about public opinion and about how to appeal to people, and people tend to forget. You know, he beat sixteen Republicans. When the race began, Jeb Bush was the front runner, and in a few months Trump had knocked him out. He was gone. And so from day one Trump kept applying an intuitive feel for everyday Americans that turned out to be enormously powerful.
Speaker 1: The new book, Trump's Triumph America's Greatest Comeback, is out right now from number one New York Times bestseller Newt Gingrich and again, we think somewhere around forty fourth book, I know it's a bunch. When you put a book together like this, do you when what is that process like, do you envision you know exactly how it's going to be laid out? Or does the book kind of build itself while you're working on it.
Speaker 2: I think, well, before you start writing, you've had laid it out, but the book grows kind of organically. You start with a big idea. We wanted to try to explain to the country what the meaning was of the election, and that was why it's both backward looking and forward looking, because the backward looking part helps tell you how we got here, but the forward looking part helped give you a flavor of you know, what would for more years of Trump be like and what would it affect in the country. And then you sort of in my mind, both in my speeches or my interviews or in writing a book, I try to work from the audience back. That is, you have to think about, you know, what are people in stare, what do people care about? What do people want to know about? And I felt that with Trump's triumph that there would be a real hunger both to understand how we got here because this is so historically unique, and to understand well, what does it mean for the future for my children, for my grandchildren, for my country. And that's why the book has a both backward and forward frame to it, So we're both telling you how we got to this second term, but then we're telling you where we think the second term is going to take you.
Speaker 1: Very nice new Thank you so much for taking the time to visit with We always appreciate your time. Well glad to be with you, and the book is available right now. I do have a link to the book at Facebook dot com. Slash Sunny Radio at Facebook dot com, slash Siouit Falls News and Something you Should Know. Something you Should Know is brought to you by Genesisgoldira dot com. Put your retirement plan on the gold standard. Get a free gold and Silver guide now at genesisgoldra dot com.