Speaker 1: You're listening to Bill Handle on demand from kf I am six fortys.
Speaker 2: Okay, I have static eyepiece. I even know what a static IP it is. Okay, static IP address.
Speaker 1: So there, yeah, and now handle on the news, ladies and gentlemen, here's Bill Handle.
Speaker 2: There we go. Now it's turn on the mincod morning everybody. It's that on off switches. It was so damn confusing for me, you know, starting radio just a minute or two ago my career. Good morning everybody. It's foody Friday, and ask handle anything Friday, March fourteenth, it is pie Day, which I've always thought was kind of erotic. But Marijuana Day, May the Force be with you, March fourth.
Speaker 3: Now, that's that's in May, Bill.
Speaker 2: Oh May yeah? Okay, fine, what do I know?
Speaker 3: And marijuana Day is in April?
Speaker 2: Okay, how do you know that?
Speaker 4: Amy?
Speaker 2: How about here's one for you and and Amy? Hiroshima Day? Okay, what is that? What that day? Huh? Nowgasaki day?
Speaker 4: You have horrible days?
Speaker 2: Autist six August sixth August ninth, Little boy, Amy, I told you what I went to Hiroshima, didn't I know? Oh? Yeah, So a few years ago I went to Japan, and it is kind of important to go to Hiroshima or Hiroshima only two experience and look at where the first and the only atomic bombs were dropped on civilian population population and the area there is called the Peace Park. And if you look at photos of that skeleton of that building, that dome, that was ground zero, the bomb actually exploded two hundred yards off of that, so that was right there. The building, or at least the structure part of it, the metal dome part of it survive, So it's a skeleton building and there's a little railing around there where people go, and it's mainly school kids that go there. It's just one of those things, very moving.
Speaker 3: How did that building, I'm looking at a picture of it, How did that building survive?
Speaker 2: I don't know. Yeah, I know, and that was ground zero and everything around there just did because of the wave of the way the explosion happened. Anyway, there is a railing around that where you can look at the building. And I was sitting there and by myself, and there were two Japanese businessmen suit looking at it, and they were about I don't know, five yards away, and they were looking at it, and I turned to them and I go, don't screw with us again. Now I didn't use the word screw. I have to be a little bit. It was a little bluer than that. I have no idea if your parents would have no idea if they woke English. By the way, none because the Japanese are they're not very emotive, so they're just the culture itself. They're not reactive. So anyway, it was that's August sixthay.
Speaker 3: To reach out for international relations there, Bill?
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, did you know I have a degree undergrad degree in international relations. Now would you believe it? Now? You'd be right, No, you'd be right anyway, be way far under degree. Oh yeah, for sure.
Speaker 3: All right, morning Amy, Hi Bill, how are.
Speaker 2: You you know? Okay, I leave.
Speaker 3: Today, I know, I know for your big vacation.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's not only a vacation. I'm also getting married in Italy. Uh and uh. I think later on I'm going to bring Lindsay in to say hello, because you get to be introduced to Lindsay. Although you can listen to her podcast, the Pain Game podcast, which I pitch uh, and that's about pain and trauma because she has a lot of trauma with me of course, and deals with a lot of pain because of some medical issues. Okay, Neil, good morning, good morning, Willie Wolf. And Neil is going to be there. He is my best person, So what best individual? Yeah, well, I don't know about that. And cono, good morning.
Speaker 4: Good morning, isn't it will Man, he's the best man?
Speaker 2: Yeah he is. Good morning. You're wearing a Kafi jacket of wow. I don't know when they gave those out because those actually cost money.
Speaker 4: I know it's nice, it's warm.
Speaker 2: I can't I can't get a pencil or a pen with the logo of iHeart on it, and those things cost a third of a penny apiece when they buy him in bulk.
Speaker 3: And good morning, good morning Bill.
Speaker 2: Okay, I think that's everybody right, Yeah, Amy, Yeah, yeah yeah, Amy. I did say hi day Emmy. Okay. And my dog. There is a I have my little one with me on my lap. Did you put it up, Neil on you put it up on my pig Instagram?
Speaker 4: That on social media?
Speaker 2: Do you? Yeah? At Bill Handle show and you'll see my little one. She's so cute. She has rabies.
Speaker 4: I thought you said you were going to send me a picture of your Wiener and I.
Speaker 2: Was like I did, and there's my wiener. Let me tell you, this little wiener dog has to be And she's only a couple months old, and she was a little tiny thing. She's about fifteen inches long. Now for me to have a fifteen inch long wiener is something in my wildest dream I wouldn't be able to have.
Speaker 4: Okay, I'm going to pick her ten in the am quality prop.
Speaker 2: All right, let's do it, guys. It is a Friday morning. Let me get my copy here with Handle on the News. And it is time for Handle on the News with Amy Neil and me leave Storry.
Speaker 3: Chug Chug chug.
Speaker 2: Chuck Schuber, who two days ago promised to stop the stopgap bill so the government doesn't shut down, changes his mind the next day yesterday, and says, Okay, I'm going to let it through and I'm going to explain what that's about at seven o'clock. Democrats are screwed during the Trump presidency, certainly during the first two years until the mid terms. I'll explain all of that coming up at seven.
Speaker 3: Oh it's my turn, yep.
Speaker 5: Okay, oh gosh, So it wasn't a scare in the air it was a scare once they got down on the ground. But an American Airlines plane landed yesterday at Denver International Airport. Something happened to the engine, caught fire, lots of smoke. Everybody had to be evacuated from the plane. But the good news is one hundred and seventy eight people all got off safely.
Speaker 4: Yes.
Speaker 2: Now it's a question of how many people survived these things. That's the news every day. Survivors, this is bad news. Did you hear about and this was released? This was stunning. The NTSB investigating the helicopter crash with the regional plane and it was it was a Canadian plane. It was fine, it was doing everything's supposed to do when the helicopter US Army helicopter crash went into it. And the NTSB said there were fifteen thousands near collisions encounters in the last five years with Reagan International Airport and military hospitals. Because it's a joint base, it is both military as well as civilian right next to each other. It's one huge base. Was just split in half and that happens quite often. So you're not gonna see helicopters in that area anymore. Anytime soon.
Speaker 4: Near misses aren't a problem.
Speaker 2: No, especially because they're missus. All right, one more, then we're going to take a break. All right.
Speaker 4: You get a lawsuit, and you get a lawsuit, and you get a lawsuit. So a group of Democratic state attorney general filed a lawsuit against Trump and his administration yesterday as it moves towards the dismantle of the US Department of Education. Nearly half the agency was terminated. So you've got twenty different states and the District of Columbia filed the legal challenge in response to the administration's dismissal of more than thirteen hundred workers at the department.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's a lawsuit after lawsuit. We knew that as soon as Donald Trump was elected president. I think the lawsuit started hitting that day as well as the executive orders. We're going to see four years of lawsuits.
Speaker 4: And the attorneys will be the only ones winning.
Speaker 2: Yeah, pretty much.
Speaker 3: Another big drop in the Dow.
Speaker 5: US stocks took a tumble yesterday. The Dow closed the day down five hundred and thirty seven points. That officially puts the index into correction. The S and P five hundred into correction.
Speaker 2: That's when it drops ten percent.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's down more than ten percent from its record high from last month. And it's all surrounding the uncertainty over all the tariff talk.
Speaker 2: Okay, let me all right, let's get the timeline together here. Day one, prices will go down and the economy explode if I don't if I remember correctly, now we're in day sixty seventy. Stock market is tanking, and we're being told this is a good thing for America. It's a slight correction which we'll actually turn around. We'll see if we get into recession, how good this is. By the way, long term, Trump maybe right on this long long term. In the meantime, we're looking at the potential of a price war and certainly tax war. Okay, let's move on.
Speaker 4: US Food and Drug Administration issued recommendations for the composition of influenza's shots for the upcoming respiratory virus season. But this was done without the input from its independent vaccine advisors. If you remember, there was a session that was canceled in late February that never got rescheduled. So the FDA is recommending that flu vaccines for the twenty five twenty six season B trival trivalent is that the word.
Speaker 2: Yeah, three different strands, their guest saying, three different strains. They always guess every year, and.
Speaker 4: That's that first time get strains A and B.
Speaker 2: Now, this is the first time they've done it without that independent volunteer band group of physicians. They did it within the FDA, so there was some controversy there. Also, the FDA said that the vaccine itself cannot be colored red with red dye number five, So it's not going to be you're not going to be able to recognize it.
Speaker 4: It's going to be filled with trans fats. Yeah, so that it codes in your body easier, a real lifesaver.
Speaker 5: In January, at his Senate confirmation hearing, Health and Human Services Secretary Robert F. Kennedy Junior, was asked by Senator Bernie Sanders whether he believed the COVID nineteen vaccines had been effective. He said, was it successful in saving millions of lives? And Kennedy said, I don't know. Well, that runs counter to studies done by researchers at Brown, Yale, Imperial College of London, the World Health Organization, and others. They all have concluded that yes, millions more people around the world would have died of COVID nineteen if it were not for the rollout of the vaccine.
Speaker 2: Now, Kennedy, I heard this yesterday. Kennedy has said that he wants the FDA to now study the side effects of COVID the vaccine, because there are side effects, right there is there have been a couple of people, for example, a couple of kids that have autism, and that's as the result of the vaccine. By the way, those same kids passed McDonald's three times a day, So clearly passing McDonald's is connected to autism. We're talking about causality. Now, the study they looked at side effects, which are legitimate one in eight zillion, whatever they are. And these studies compared the side effects versus the benefits, and out of every ten thousand, side effects were infinitesimal in comparison to the benefits.
Speaker 4: In a way, you can have that many people take a vaccine and not have.
Speaker 2: Right of course, and how about the people that just how about the people that just got beasels out of that county in Texas. Every one of them were unvaccinated. There is yet to be a case of vaccinated kids or people who have had a side effect that we have during this particular little onslaught.
Speaker 4: So yeah, it's like those fouts that I know some people that hate Western medicine and they're like, oh, I do all these alternative things. They never do it for a broken arm, No, straight, they never do in medicine. When they are they.
Speaker 2: Never do well. Most people say, a western medicine for certain things are good, and a holistic medicine for other things makes sense. I have doctor friends who say, yeah, I like acupuncture. You know, it's good for certain things. And so it's a question of you know, taking it all in, you know, accepting the fact that yes, there are side effects. There's a tiny, tiny group of people who do kids who do get autism, I mean infinitesimal more kids get autism by passing McDonald's on their way to school every day. Sure if you want.
Speaker 4: To, Okay. So, a representative for the estate of actor Gene Hackman is seeking to block the public release of autopsy and investigation reports. This is especially dealing with photographs and police body cam video video that is related to the resear death of Hackman and his lovely wife. So authorities last week announced that Hackman died, of course, at the age of ninety five heart disease with complications from Alzheimer's disease as much as a week after a week.
Speaker 2: Now, can you imagine what the photos? You know, there was bodycam photos. I'm assuming all that stuffy. I can see the family going, you know what read We'd rather not. There's one photo I saw Gene Hackman at ninety five, and it's just it's heartbreaking because here was a ninety five year old man who clearly wasn't there. And you look at Gene Hackman during his film career. I was looking on at Netflix and they have one section Gene Hackman. They just brought all his movies. I mean there are dozens of those movies that are out there. I mean he was a major, major player.
Speaker 4: So you look like the type of guy who just had that he was. He was every man unearthly strength, like yeah, he looked like if you shook his hand, he break.
Speaker 5: Here And don't drink the water, at least not the GARYL. Steiner Sparkling natural mineral water that's sold at Trader Joe's.
Speaker 3: It comes in glass bottles.
Speaker 5: They're being recalled over concerns they can crack, causing a risk of cuts or slashes. It's about sixty five or about sixty one thousand, five hundred bottles. And the good news is it is actually not in stores here in California. But if you're traveling around, it's in like a dozen states.
Speaker 2: Why don't we bother if it's not us? If someone had their summach sliced up, that's a good story. The rest of it. Eh, okay, Oh, here's sign.
Speaker 4: Oh, here's for you.
Speaker 2: Here's a local story that made some news.
Speaker 4: This is just insane. I saw video of it. Residents were obviously stunned after a tornado touchdown in Pico Rivera early yesterday morning at about three point fifteen am. The wind speeds of eighty five miles per hour touchdown at a neighborhood on the ninety five hundred block of Glenn Canyon Drive, Glenn Cannon Drive, rather, and it spanned approximately one mile in length eighty yards.
Speaker 2: In width and did a lot of damage too.
Speaker 4: Oh it was insane.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Does anybody part of our crew living Pico Rivera anybody?
Speaker 3: I don't think so?
Speaker 2: And then why cover it? Oh? Yeah, I mean, come.
Speaker 3: On, get out.
Speaker 5: That's the thinking for one in ten people in LA County. According to a new study out of UC Berkeley, the Institute of Governmental Studies and the La Times did a poll and say that nine percent of LA County residents are very seriously considering moving following the wildfires.
Speaker 3: Twenty three percent have at least thought about it.
Speaker 2: Yeah the first time and this is yeah the first time around. It was because Trump was elected. A lot of Liberals say, I'm leaving, I'm leaving, I'm leaving. They didn't. Now Trump gets re elected and a lot of people ago, I'm leaving, I'm leaving, I'm leaving, and a fair number have or considering. But a lot of it, a lot of it has to do with wildfires. Look what happened in the Eating fire and the Palisades fire, and you've got now have climate change has really hit southern California. So it's exacerbating the movie. I'm you know, I'm going to Italy, leaving tonight. I'm talking to a real estate agent. I've said many many times when I finished broadcasting, I'm there at least for several months a year.
Speaker 4: You know, it's just protected.
Speaker 2: But then I've always wanted to do I've been talking about that for years and years and years.
Speaker 4: So OZI o'donald went to Ireland. Yeah, and strangely enough, all of Ireland came to La.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Big Irish population.
Speaker 4: Horrible person. I'm sorry, I don't know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, whatever, I know. They used to have all you can eat buffets in Ireland and then she arrived and they're all done. Okay, she lost the weight, has she? I haven't seen her. I haven't seen pictures of her. Oprah fighting weight, like Oprah fighting weight like I have most of my life like you have. Neil. By the way, Neil is no.
Speaker 4: I'm not anymore.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I know, I know you lost that battle. Okay, fair enough.
Speaker 4: All right, Well, the White House has directed the US military to draw up options for increasing the American troop presence in Panama to achieve President Trump's goal of reclaiming in quotes, the Panama Canal, according to two US officials familiar with the planning, So during a joint address to Congress last week, we remember Trump said, to further enhance our national security, my administration will be reclaiming the Panama. Now I love him.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's not so outrageous, you know, the Panama Canal belonged to the United States since it was built because Americans built it, and so you had the Panama Canal, the American section of it right along it's It was owned by the United States. The zone at Panama Canal Zone. It was created because America wanted that isthmus and Columbia wasn't going to cut it loose. They wanted control. Americans wanted control. So Americans helped create the country of Panama just for the canal, and it was owned by the United States, operated by the United States. Jimmy Carter gave it back in the seventies. They bought it back for one dollar. And this is where Trump was saying, we want it back. A lot of political issues because the Chinese are involved, Trump says, because there's a couple of ports there, because they have several ports loading areas where different countries, different companies do it, and there's two big ones of China, and so Panama is already starting to panic, of course, because that's what happened with these countries when the president threatens all kinds of stuff, and so they canceled the Chinese contracts and there's just the Panama Canal. By definition, is neutral. It's in the constitution of Panama when Panama took it. So there's some reasons for it. Because he who controls the Panama Canal controls shipping through that part of the world. It is neutral. Trump says it's not neutral and we want it back. So that's the president.
Speaker 4: Sure ain't boring, No.
Speaker 2: He is not. I don't know if you've ever been through the Panama Canal. Let me strongly suggest going through it. It's twenty four hours. You're bored ten minutes into it. Now, what it's good for the first ten minutes. The twenty three hours fifty minutes that are left to go through is just a pain in the ass. Okay, movie on.
Speaker 5: What's in the recycling and what's toxic stuff? And because of that, the owners of a recycling plant are going to spend several days in jail. Matthew Weisenberg and Gary Weisenberg sn w Atlas Iron and Metal. They were handcuffed and led away from a courtroom in downtown LA after a Superior Court judge found that they have continued to pose a risk to the community and to South LA High school kids by accepting canisters that held explosive materials onto the site. Apparently they weren't supposed to be doing that any long.
Speaker 2: I guess not lawsuits, Okay, go ahead.
Speaker 4: President Donald Trump's administration asked the Supreme Court in a series of emergency appeals yesterday to allow him to move forward with his plans to end birthright citizenship.
Speaker 2: Which is not going to happen.
Speaker 4: A federal judge back in January described the executive order as blatantly unconstitutional.
Speaker 2: And why is that? Because the Constitution says that if you are a native born American subject. Here's the legal theory that Trump has subject to the jurisdiction of the United States thereof you are an American citizen or not subject to it. You're an American citizen if you are subject. What the Trump administration is saying illegal aliens are subject to their country's rules because they're here illegally, and that's what they're hanging that their hat on. It's it's a little tenuous considering that in eighteen ninety eight there was a case on point where the Supreme Court said, you're born here, you're a citizen. Thank you very much, Muzzltov, I'll see you later.
Speaker 4: So what's that clause then I mean, I'm not a legal ad you know.
Speaker 2: So here's the argument. Okay, those who I don't know, it's interesting, like, how about the Second Amendment, the militia clause right that's completely ignored by the Supreme Court and has been so subject to the jurisdiction thereof, has not been in fact litigated. But the eighteen A Court said it doesn't matter. It's an American citizen is an American citizen if he or she is born in the United States. Thank you done? Finished. Uh, let's don't you know, tip the waiters on your way out kind of thing.
Speaker 4: How many other countries have that?
Speaker 2: A lot a lot of countries have no birthright. A lot of countries where people who are illegal coming in the country their children are not citizens.
Speaker 4: No, I meant the flip, But I guess it's the same either way.
Speaker 2: Yes, a lot of countries do. I think most countries you're born, you are. But tons of countries say if your parents are illegal aliens and you are born in the United States. Well, for example, there are exceptions. Let's say your parents are diplomats, you're here, they're here as diplomats, and you're born in the United States. You're not a citizen in the United States. Your family is here under diplomatic passports. So there are exceptions, but they're gonna lose on this one unless the Court reverses itself depletely, which it does do Roe v. Wade reversed itself plus e versus Ferguson. You know, for example, the dred Scott case where what I said eighteen fifty six black people were property right, slaves or property, and so the Supreme Court said, yeah, slaves or property. They undid that a few years later, you know that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it was kind of a big deal.
Speaker 2: Yeah, with the Thirteenth Amendment in the proclamation, the emancipatient proclamation. Okay, we're done, guys. KF I am six point. You've been listening to The Bill Handle Show. Catch My Show Monday through Friday six am to nine am, and anytime on demand on the iHeartRadio app.