Speaker 1: Caalarogu shock media.
Speaker 2: And there Johnny Mack if your daily comedy medis thinks you're kicking back up after the hollin a and I think that's what the open theme back the way it was. So things are pretty good here. Mark Ruffalo has criticized Joe Rogan for Joe Rogan's shock over Trump's ice raids. Ruffalo says, it's a little late now. Johnny Mack likes a comedian controversy. Let's throw some kerosene on this one. On the July second episode of The Joe Rogan Experience, Joe Rogan said, there are two things that are insane. One is the targeting of migrant workers. Not cartel members, not gang members, not drug dealers, just construction workers showing up in construction sites raiding them Gardners like really. Mark Ruffalo went on Threads on July sixth and said, Dear Joe Rogan, it's a little late now to pretend like Project twenty twenty five didn't exist and wasn't the playbook all along. You were either not that smarter, not that dumb. It's hard to tell at this point. Rogan had not responded at the time of this recording. John Stewart was back offacation. On Monday Night's Daily Show. He commented on the lawsuit that parent company Paramount settled against President Trump. The bit was John was doing commentary on the lawsuit, then cut off by a graphic that read, please stand by, brought to you by Arby's for when you want a sandwich commensurate with your company's shame. The camera cut back to John Stewart and he said, that's why it's so wrong. In case you missed it, Paramount Global has agreed to pay sixteen million dollars to settle a lawsuit from Donald Trump, who sued over the editing over the October interview that sixty minutes conducted with Kamala Harris. Meanwhile, Hey, Craig Robinson, lame, lame, lame, lame lame. Let me just say that again, in case Craig didn't hear me the first time, Hey, Craig Robinson, lame. Daily Comedy News and many other media outlets reported that Craig Robinson was retiring from comedy. My spidy sense was tingling a little bit, so it is now believed that the retirement is part of a brand new marketing campaign. For a cell phone company. I'm not going to mention the cell phone company. Craig's original words included retiring from comedy to pursue his true calling. In Los Angeles, there were now billboards in the color scheme of a particular cell phone company that's say Craig Robinson is quitting comedy. People are suspicious, thinking why would Craig take out a billboard saying that Craig has previously started in commercials for this particular cell phone company, in which he called himself the company's chief technology officer. A second spot co starred Brian Bombgartner from the Office, and a third featured Robinson and bomb Gartner with Rain Wilson, Jenni Fisher, Creed Bratton, and Kate Flannery. So, Craig, I hope you liked your attention, and I hope it was worth it, and I hope the cell phone company pays well because not a good look. GQ has a nice profile with Roywood Junior, mostly about baseball. I'm going to use some of it on Saturday and some of it on Monday because it's about baseball and home runs on Monday's the home Run Derby. But Roy did share that he still takes his baseball gloves to games and said, I remember I got up set on a date one time when I lived in LA I'd go to spring training every year for a weekend and just ingest as much baseball as I could. A woman I was dating at the time talk to me and to let him come with me. Then she's like, this is embarrassing. You're a child, and I was like, you know what, Yeah, I am. Anthony Anderson is guest hosting Jimmy Kimmel Live. They were doing some man on the Street stuff, the question what's the whitest thing about you? Anderson explained the segment was directed at quote black folks on Hollywood Boulevard, tagging the joke with to do the opposite would have been racist. One man confessed to a love of pumpkin spice. According to Late Nighter, another woman said she's a vegan, and then who showed up on camera Chris Rock. He joked the whitest thing about me? And I have to keep this clean here. I'm gonna read it as Late Night or has it because I don't want to get dirty user imagination. Chris Rock said the whitest thing about me. That would have to be my bleep. I try about once a month to thank all the members in support orders of the show, the folks who have gone to buy me Acoffee dot Com, a slash daily comedy news, the National donut chain. Right now, they have a new flavor, a cookie dough that I'm kind of into with my coffee. They got rid of the orange donut. The orange donut was like the most amazing donut. They do this every now and then. I mean, I'm going back twenty years. There was a lemon glazed that showed up around Easter one year and it was the all time best donuts chained donut. And it never came back. I'm still waiting for it. Anytime I'm in the South and they have those maple frosteds. You can't get those in New Jersey. I love them good maple frosted. But in June they had an orange donut. Oh it was so good. And listen to me, I've lived in New Jersey for twenty years now. I just said orange instead of orange. My kids make fun of me when I talk about Queen's neighborhoods like Forest Hills and they're like forest Forest, but I just said orange, I heard myself. Ugh, punch yourself in the face, Jonny mackew losing your New York City roots. Anyway, Thanks to people who are members or supporters. That includes Deb and Tom Andrea, Gary Shannon Deacon, Mike, Kenny, Vaughn, Ellen, Aaron, Becky Scott and Liz. Appreciate you all. You can go to buy me a coffee. Dot com slash Daily Comedy News. There's some money in the tip show. I will go to the National Donuts chain. I will take your money. I will buy a large iced coffee with I guess this month cookie dough and almond milk getting old That milk Allery is getting worse. Another way, Sport the show has become a premium subscriber to the feed. That's five bucks a month and you get this show, add free feed, drop free other stuff free. And you also get the other shows on the Katalaroga Shark Network, including notably five Good News Stories, which I also host and I have to record a bunch of those right after this. Did you see this about the movie Rush Hour? Remember the nineteen ninety eight movie stars Jackie Chan and Chris Tucker.
Speaker 3: Well.
Speaker 2: Now Prime Video has a disclaimer Before the credits, it reads, we all love our buddy comedies, but this movie was created in a different time. FYI, certain depictions, language and humor may seem outdated and at times offensive. They've added similar messages to Goodfellas, Blazing Saddles, and Gone with the Wind? All right, what's the problem with Russia Hour, Johnny Mack, I haven't seen it in a while. Well, luckily there's a summary here. Apparently there are multiple jokes built on confusing Chinese and Japanese culture. There's a running gag about Latino gang members accents. In two thousand and two, so that's twenty three years ago. Jackie Chance said, I make the movie, and a Telmet manager see, I should never make this kind of movie. Then I go to Asia and make Asian films and they call me and they say, and I'm going to paraphrase his language here, or it's gonna sound like I'm doing a stereotype. Jackie said along the lines of, hey, Jackie, it's a big hit. It's a success. And I say what And then I go make Rush Hour two and I hate it. It's worse than Rush Hour one. They call me and they say it's a success and Craig Robinson probably would like this one. My Spidey sense is tingling about this. Comedian Ross Noble is appearing on ITV's reality series Shark Celebrity Infested Waters. All right, it's Shark Celebrity Infested Waters. Ross Nobles on it and what do you know?
Speaker 3: A shark bit him?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Did it?
Speaker 2: Or is this press? Let's find out? Ross Noble said, imagine at David Attenborough dot coumentary. Right, but Attenborough's got an idiot mate who just jumped in with the animals, so we can see how big they are, and you learn something about these big creatures along the way. Depending on what cock caught on the camera, you could see me get nibbled by a shark. I think a lot of people would instantly think, oh, shark's change your big teeth. I've never really had that fear. I watch a lot of television, so I see a lot of shark documentaries. The big thing I realized is it's not jaws. Sharks don't attack people. The only way a shark has got to find out what another thing is is to have a little nibble of it. I always knew that when they attack surfers. It's because they think they're seals. So that's the story behind comedian bitten by Shark. Hey ITV, you got me to talk about it, Shark celebrity infested waters mondays at nine. That's your comedy news for today, see tomorrow. I'll stick around for this interview our sister. I'm going to bring forward and yours and give it to you now. And he said, oh wow, that's great, thank you. That's so generous of you, Carl, that's great. But his wife, my sister in law, went ballistic. She said, this is too much money, this is wrong. I don't want anything to do with and stormed out of the room. And I thought, well, that's not what I expected.
Speaker 1: Oh my god. So I realized from that that this was not an easy thing to do. So I learned a lesson from that, and I knew that I had to do this authentically. I had to do it right, otherwise it was not going to work. So that happened. And then the third thing that happened was that I was looking at my financial statements and I had more money there than I was really using. It was sitting there, I mean, it was growing, making profits and so forth, but it wasn't being used. I wasn't using it for me. I wasn't using it for things that I really cared about, not for my people. So I thought, well, if I have all this money, now, why should I wait until I die? Why don't I bring it forward? And then it was a long process for me to come around to that, but that's what finally started this, and I said, well I'll do it.
Speaker 3: Now. Let's back up just a bit. Tell us a little bit about your new book. What is the Happiness Experiment.
Speaker 1: Well, this is a record of the real events with real people who I decided that I would bring forward the inheritance the money I had for them in my will and made it a prequest. So it was a chunk of money that they were going to get. Well, they were still young enough to enjoy it, and I was still alive to see it happening. So I saw what they were doing. So when I sat down with them, I talked about money and happiness and how one can cognect, and I said, look, I'm going to bring this forward to give it to you, but what I want from you is a plan so that you use this money. So it's really a big benefit for you. I don't want this to overwhelm you. And they said what kind of plan? I said, I want a happiness plan, and they said, a happiness plan?
Speaker 2: What's that?
Speaker 1: So you know, nobody has seems to have a happiness plan, but it's one of the most important plans you can get, and it doesn't have to be very complex. What is it that makes you happy? What values do you want to pursue? You know, what goals and dreams do you have, and you can pursue them. So I got them to write a happiness plan. And then when I saw the plan, I gave them all the money all at one time, and so then they took it and I watched them with their plan. I saw all their plans, what they did, and how they became happier, and so you know, that had to be written about so because I wanted other people to see what they did so that they too could do the same thing.
Speaker 3: Which prequest is the most unique one you've come across.
Speaker 1: Well, it was a very very painful and sad story because two dear friends of mine had a beloved daughter and she was hit head on by a drunk driver and killed. She happened to be eight months pregnant at the time, so that killed the granddaughter too, and also their daughter. They were totally totally wiped out, devastated, and they died emotionally. They had decided that they could never be happy again. They would be wrong to be happy. They didn't deserve to be high happy because their darling daughter had been killed. Tremendously painful, awful, awful story. So they were grieving six years later and I met with them and I told them how much they had added to my life and how much I was so grateful to them, and that I wanted to express the gratitude and I put them in my will and they could accept that. And I said, but I want you to have it now, and they said, oh no, no, we can't accept it. They turned it down. They turned it down. Well, we worked, and I said, look, I'm leaving it open. So several months later, I think his wife persuaded him to do it, actually, you know, and you know, so they said, okay, we'll do it, because I say we're going to wait until you die, why not do it now? And they did it. And it wasn't the money interesting now, they said, it was the coaching that made the big difference, that changed their mind their mindset from being so negative. You know, we'll never be happy again. We don't deserve to be happy. And the coach turned there thinking their mindset around and said, look, you know it can be you can be happy again. And they started to get the mindset of happy people. And now you cannot believe what these people they are traveling all over the world. They are in Tahiti right now, they climbed Killamungarrett. These people are loving life. And it was a major change. That is one of the most heartfelt, wonderful results of the And in a sense, she said, the wife said, this prequest changed or saved my life because we were no longer living, we were dead, and this brought us back to life.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean dealing with grief and many of us have I have. You know, when you're in those depths, it's really it can be really difficult to find your way out of it. And you know, often it looks like there isn't a way out of it, and you know, sometimes you want to map right and it looks like this concept could be a good map for you. If that it sounds like it was for these folks. I always like to end interviews by asking is there anything that I didn't ask that I should have?
Speaker 1: How can my listeners benefit from this book? What should they do? What would be good for them? And so I'll answer that question. First off, think about happiness, Think about being happiness. Do you deserve to be happy? And you can be happy, but you have to make it as a choice. I'm going to increase my happiness just that if you make that Realistically, I want to and I'm going to increase my happiness that choice. And then talk to people about it. Talk to a husband or wife, or a girlfriend or a friend, a therapist or coach, talk to somebody about it and say, look, I'm made the decision that I want to be happier, and I'm like you to help me create a happiness plan and then work on it. And it's not that hard, but it is challenging, but it's a wonderful exercise. And if they do it, I guarantee they will increase their happiness. I guarantee it.
Speaker 3: Carl Barney is the author and the book is called The Happiness Experiment, A Revolutionary Way to Increase Happiness. Carl, where can people find the book.
Speaker 1: Wherever books are sold, and it's now available for pre order from Amazon, and they can go to the Happiness Experiment dot com and they can pre order it there, and I hope they will.
Speaker 3: Carl, thanks so much of the time. I really appreciate it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, thank you, Dan. It's been fun.