Speaker 1: He'll be don't be bad. It's the Internet. You're busy.
Speaker 2: Let's do this for August twenty eighth, twenty twenty four. For the next hour or so, let me help you sort through the world of gaming on Game Mess Mornings Live with me Jeff Grubb. Today is the new is the new activision under Microsoft, still dragging its feet about unions, Astrobot won't get ported to VR, and consoles may get even more expensive here pretty soon. But first please join me and welcome in today's co host to Game Mess Mornings.
Speaker 1: It's lex Luddie. Everybody, Lexie, how are you doing?
Speaker 3: You know, having just done a bunch of travel this summer, I was just thinking things are getting way too cheap, you know.
Speaker 2: Yeah right, it's the too flush with cash, well mostly coins, pennies mostly, but hey, yeah, I gotta.
Speaker 1: Do something with that stuff. Might as well give it to.
Speaker 2: A corporation, is what I always say. You were at games Com. Sounds like it was a good time, sounds like it was a busy time, and you were just telling me you got you have like seventeen things you have to you still have to ride or have you have you crossed.
Speaker 1: Any awful list? Yet have you made progress on that progress?
Speaker 3: I currently have like two pieces posted. You can go read my Monster Hunter impressions and you can go read my Phantom Blade zero impressions. All right, and push the Layer and Shock News respectively.
Speaker 1: It's a Fantom Blade zero, the next game that's going to destroy the woke.
Speaker 3: I don't think so, because it's not really a video game yet. It's like, okay, fine, it's like, hey, here's three combat and encounters we made. By the way, this game is coming out in twenty twenty six at the earliest. Anyway, Okay, gotcha, Okay, very cool. But it plays great, it feels fantastic, It's interesting. I'm curious about it. I've played it twice now, both at Summer Games First and Games Calm, and then I've like submitted like three or four other pieces, and then I just have a load of fucking interviews to transcribe. I met Suda fifty one and Shinji mccamie. I can say that and have some interesting stuff from that that I might get a new story out of, so I'll be cool. And obviously I met my very good friend, my excellent friend.
Speaker 2: Oh that's that's a great and did he really start, Oh, that's right, because you had the ticket under the seat, you won the golden ticket.
Speaker 1: I want to.
Speaker 4: Know what happened for any podcast listeners.
Speaker 3: I just held up a four x three of Jeff Keeley's face back from when he hosted the Spike Video Game Awards. By the looks of this picture, which is signed in like block letters, which is okay. So yeah, basically what happened was at Opening Night Live. A couple of friends of mine went to dev Calm, which is kind of like the dev show before Games Calm, and so they were at the clone messer before everyone else and they were like, hey, do you want to come up to the top of the line because you're going to Opening Night Live and I was like yeah, sure, and they started handing out these like tickets and people were like, what's going on up here? And people there was mainly Germans there, and the tickets were in English, so they were like what do they say? And then they were like, oh, it's to meet Jeff. And they were like do you want some, and the other journalists with me were like no, not really, and I was like that ship is fucking hilarious.
Speaker 4: Give me one right now.
Speaker 3: And so I got it and then we were We got in early and just to run through all of Opening Night Live because it was wild. We sat down near the front and there were like reserve seats right next to me, and there were like four reserve seats at the age of each row. And as we're going by, someone tries to sit in one of the seats and like a bodyguard looking guy says, no, no, no, you can't sit there. Microsoft people are sitting there and I go, oh, God, I know what's coming next. And so we're sat there and then like five minutes later, Sarah Bond and Phil Spencer and their cohorter people show up and.
Speaker 4: Sit next to us, and we're.
Speaker 3: Oh, so I'm holding my fucking golden tickish like an absolute idiosh, being like I'm so excited to meet my best friend Jeff. And anyway, that tweet went viral. Let's not talk about that because I heard it.
Speaker 1: It made its.
Speaker 4: Rounds internally, so that was fun.
Speaker 3: But after the show, they're like, oh, you're gonna do your Mesi and greet with Jeff. The fifty people who they handed these golden tickets too, are going to do the Mesian greet with Jeff Keeley and Sharks. Let me tell you one. The German people, they're way more excited about Sharks and hell yeah yeah. And so there was an after party after Opening Night Live. And the way it worked was it was in one of the convention halls and it was in the same convention hall as Opening Night Live. These big black cursions that separated the after party zone from the Opening Night Live zone. The lights come up and everyone who's invited to the after party goes to the after party area, which is still like the lights are down and they have like mood lighting or whatever. So I walk back there with the golden ticket because they tell us it's at the back of the hall.
Speaker 4: I walk up there with the chicken and they're like.
Speaker 3: Oh no, no, no, no, no, no, no, you're with the gamers. You are not in the VIP area.
Speaker 4: You're with the gamers. And so they.
Speaker 1: Said citizens like always. Yeah.
Speaker 3: They send me back halfway up the hall to before the cursion, where it's like a blightly lisch area, right yeah, as if to make sure that we are all in view and sight. It is blightly listed. Yeah, yeah, And there's a two by four or a step in repete. Sorry, there's a Steven with pem with like Opening Night Live stuff on it. And because I got onto the VIP area first, I was like the last to get there, and so I joined the end of the que and the guy in front of me goes, you can go in front, and I.
Speaker 4: Was like no, no, no, your grand and he goes in like really a.
Speaker 3: Strong German accent. No, I want to be the last one to eat Jeff. And I was like, holy shit, is.
Speaker 4: This guy gonna murder Jeff Chili boy?
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's just how German show affection.
Speaker 3: And so after about twenty minutes awaiting Jeff and shop shop and then another twenty minutes of like going through it, we get to it and I get to the top of the line and like there's only like two people behind me at this point because another person joined lash and the guy again said I want to go last and put them in front. And so we're there and I walk up to Jeff and I'm like, hey, I'm a freelance journalist. I've worked with like Giant barm and I've helped out with you know, other places, and he was like, oh, you had summer games first. I was like, yeah it was, and he was like, did you enjoy it? And I was like, yeah, it's actually pretty well set up for like for you know, journals, and you can get around the place and you can see things.
Speaker 4: And then he's like, oh, do you want a picture?
Speaker 3: And my original idea was I thought would be really funny if I just no sold it, if I just had like the blankest expression on in the world. But as soon as they like took my phone to take the picture and I was standing in between this esportswoman who I'd only heard of that earlier that day and Jeff Keeley, and everything dawned on me and I just.
Speaker 4: Started like laughing to myself.
Speaker 3: So now the picture that I have is me like smiling, Yeah, I look like I'm demented smiling yeah, and like I'm way intoish. And then they handed me a four by three with their signatures on it, and I'm going to keep that in my wallet.
Speaker 2: So it was like pre signed it was it was just like already good to go, Like, yeah.
Speaker 3: I do think he would assigned stuff if you had asked him or whatever, but also I don't think anyone was asking, right, So yeah.
Speaker 2: It sounds like a good time. It sounds like you, uh, but you won a special treat and yeah, you had a good time with that as well. You know, it sounds like a successful opening night live and then games come.
Speaker 4: It was great because I got no food that nice.
Speaker 3: And then I arrived back over where everyone's like getting drinks and stuff at like eleven o'clock.
Speaker 1: You can't feed the gamers, you just can't.
Speaker 4: Actually it was like quarters to twelve.
Speaker 3: It was almost midnight by time I got into the city center again and people.
Speaker 4: Are like, oh, where were you all niche.
Speaker 1: I was like, well, I was in the Kili line.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Well either way, glad that it was a good time. Hopefully the traveling's done for a little bit or you you got anything else lined up.
Speaker 1: It is that time of year. It's that time of year for us. We were like doing stuff back to back here.
Speaker 2: I'm like, I'm happy I didn't go to Germany because I'm going to pass this weekend and then I have another thing like immediately after that, so it's just nonstopping it right now.
Speaker 3: And out with the GB folks was super lovely and some of the other fandom folks and that really like ground into me. Of like, I want to go to a PAX and like, go to a show where I'm not constantly working and.
Speaker 4: I can just hang out with people.
Speaker 3: You know for sure, when I was hanging out with you, you know at Summer Games first, everyone was running a live show and actually it's stressful, yes, so you can't really sit down and have a chat with anyone. And so I was like, yeah, I'd love to get over to a PAX. I might be going to eg X, which is in September, but after combining it with London Karmic Con, which will be a fucking nightmare. So I'm way less into that idea now. And then I'm planning on taking a short holiday to Japan in the winter at some point. I have some friends that live there. I think it would be a nice time to visish and it's when the rugby season starts, so I can go watch some rugby there.
Speaker 1: Excellent, Well, I hope you enjoy that.
Speaker 2: We should get into the show. Let's explain what we do here most weekdays. I Jeff Graub, will help piece your gaming life back together. That includes breaking news and maybe even some of our own original reporting for all these topics. I'll get the input of a bona fide expert who will make me look smart. If you're watching live on Twitch, welcome. You can always listen to the show later on podcast feeds by searching for Game Mess Mornings, or find therss on gianbomb dot com. You can also catch the show later with chapters and timestamps on YouTube.
Speaker 1: Hello YouTube.
Speaker 2: All right, we have a lot to get into, so let's start the morning mess with unionized staff at Call of Duty Studio Raven Software says Activision is stalling over contract talks.
Speaker 1: This is from Jordan Midler at VEGC.
Speaker 2: Unionized staff at Call of Duty Studio Raven Software have filed a complaint with the National Labor Relations Board after claims that Activision and Microsoft are stalling over contract negotiations. The complaint, as reported by game File, alleges that Activision Microsoft are guilty of refusal to bargain slash bad faith bargaining. After Microsoft's acquisition of Activision Blaszard and this is a quote. Our members were optimistic that they would progress quickly to a first contract at Raven Software. CWA president Claude Cummings Junior told game File. Unfortunately that has not happened. We encourage Microsoft to address the concerns raised in the unfair labor practice charge and make reaching a fair agreement a priority. A Microsoft spokesperson told Game File, we are committed to negotiating in good faith, which is what they've said publicly. And does I mean I don't know. I guess My position on this, Lexi was always can't be as bad as Activision was under Bobby Kottick, and this still doesn't sound quite as bad as that, but it's still like, well, no, you said you were going to just like recognize everything, come to the bargaining table, do everything in obvious good faith. There will never be any issues like this. That's how you positioned this as Microsoft when this deal was going through. So any sort of like hesitation on your part is going to be very noticeable. And this seems very noticeable. But are you surprised, Lexi that we're here with a Microsoft owned app division dragging its feet with the union.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm not sure if you watched it. Liam Robertson put up that video. You talked about the news stories that came out of it, about the Crash Spiral crossover game that was canceled and the development of crash team rumble and the picture that he painted towards the end of that of a post Bobby Cottick Microsoft owned Activision was very interesting from the point of view of it seemed very it seemed like it was in disarray. One of the stories that he told was someone who was meant to go out to GDC or something for Activision was then let go during all of the layoffs and then they were like, Hey, I paid for this flight and these GDC tickets. Can I get these reimbursed because I'm not going anymore. And the person at Activision basically said like, yeah, that's a problem for the travel department, and we laid them all off.
Speaker 1: Oh my god.
Speaker 3: And so they just they had nowhere to put that complaint. And I think that that was super telling from the point of view of like, I think that we it will only be in the coming years that we will understand how messy this entire thing has been. And also, if you remember, during the court case, I listened into all of those and something that was made very clear was Microsoft would allow Activision to run as its own company, as its own corporate enter h Yes, it.
Speaker 1: Does that with a lot of these acquisitions that's right, Bush.
Speaker 3: The counterpoint to that was when Microsoft made all these layoffs Activision, or when Activision had all these layoffs, the reasoning behind it was was, well, these areas overlap with Microsoft. Yes, which those two ideas can't really the corporate word for that, Yeah, yes they were. They these people were literally made redundant.
Speaker 4: And so.
Speaker 3: The idea that allowing that company to run like it's a very thought because if you say anything about this, then you are basically saying, well, did Phil Spencer lie under oath?
Speaker 4: Is the next question?
Speaker 3: And what technically is allowing a company to run on its own within another corporate structure. It's very gray and it's very hazy, all.
Speaker 2: Open to interpretation by lawyers, and that's what they would arguing, and I think they have already argued that for a couple of these issues that have come up, were Phil talked under oath and had to sort of explain away a decision that looked like it was countered there.
Speaker 3: And on top of that, when you have this case when Microsoft says, hey, we're not gonna stop anyone from unionizing, not coming to the table, or rescheduling meetings or doing this, and that you know things coming up. Sorry, man, it's just out of my hands. That in their eyes, that's not you know, that's not you know, not coming to the table. That's our life happens, guys. We're just so busy. We have like Carl of Judy coming out. You know, what's going on, you everything, you know, we will catch up next month. And so that that's obviously what they're going to say. And I think from the worker's point of view, they're going to be like, no, you said you would actually meet us at the table.
Speaker 2: And this is this is a priority to us, and and that that you have to acknowledge X that would be arguing in good faith in our opinion.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, and that's and that's the key thing is that it's both both of it's the opinion of the workers and then it's the opinion of a bunch of lawyers and the corporate entergy, and the corporate entity is like, well, in all opinion, we're doing as much as we can to support all workers. And it's like you're a fucking corporation and you don't have an opinion. You just do things or you don't do things. So yeah, I think it's it's a super tart thing. I think it's super shitty that they're holding this up and that they're then also trying to play the card of like, well, we're doing everything we can. If they were actually committed to this, they would just facilitate it. As someone who like my dad, has worked in management for a long long time, and you know, seeing you see managers like here, and you see managers that don't, and when you see someone who like actually wants to be part of the thing and make things better for people, you see how they can make those things better. And then when you see you see like you can see right through this basically. Is what I'm saying is that like this is Microsoft saying like, hey, we did agree to this, and you know, we we agreed to a lot of things, but hey, Indiana Jones is now coming to PlayStation five, and also you know, and also and also and also, and I think that's the feeling around a lot of Microsoft at the moment is nobody really knows what is certain anymore.
Speaker 4: Within Microsoft.
Speaker 3: You talk to people who work at Microsoft studios and they don't quite know what Microsoft is guaranteeing them anymore, or what their goals are, or what is like the safety threshold for sales and things like that.
Speaker 2: They seem distracted at Microsoft for a bunch of reasons, which is like, well, a lot of the strategies haven't worked, so they seem to be actively building a new track under the train that is completely different than a many of the tracks they had previously built, and that seems to be taking up a lot of the mental resources at that company. So something like unions, which is in the moment when they're talking to the FTC, they're like, yeah, we kind of think maybe would be best if we just recognize it and do what we're supposed to do in those situations. Sure, And then once they're faced with and Satia's called me and saying make more money, suddenly the union thing just goes out of their brain. I think it's probably that. But so what you said that you would do these things under oath, you kind of have to live up to that alongside all these other problems you're trying to solve, and and really that's no one's problem but yours. And suddenly I think the union taking this to the National Labor Relations Board uh and make it a point of it is going to sting a little bit and it's going to be the kind of thing where I won't I won't be surprised if we get comments from many of the senators and the FTC themselves about, Hey, this is we said this would happen. We said Microsoft wouldn't didn't really mean this, and Microsoft doesn't need that. They're trying to avoid that where possible. So the best thing they could do here is actually address this, and that's you know, the the union leveraging what what what, you know what it can to get the work done here, and good for them for doing that, you know it the end of the day, I still think this is better than what would have happened under Bobby Kottick.
Speaker 1: Is that good enough? No, it's it's just not.
Speaker 2: It's like they could, like the Microsoft said they were going to do something, they could still do better. They need to do better, and if they don't, they deserve to be raked over the.
Speaker 1: Coals in a lot of ways for this. All right.
Speaker 2: Microsoft is apparently working on getting Capcom Fighting Collection two on Xbox, speaking of a lot of problems for that company, a lot just frequently a lot of third party games skipping the Xbox, especially from Capcom. But on Twitter Xbox fan account Clobrial noted that the newly announced Capcom Fighting Collection two is coming to everything except for Xbox, and in response to that, Jazz Cordin from Windows Central said they're working on it. Jazz is a kind of an insider over there for Microsoft information. This is likely a reference to the challenges Capcom is faced reporting its older MT framework games to Xbox. Something it might it might have deprecated as it moved on to the RI engine. We don't know exactly what the story is there. This has been the speculation seems to line up in a lot of ways where there's a lot of games that came to like PS four and they run on PS five because of that, and that's because they kept updating MPT framework for that console and didn't do it quite as much for Xbox. And now as they continue to work on these games that don't necessarily use the RI engine, they are finding themselves being like, oh, we can't make this work on Xbox with that doing a lot of extra work, and we don't want to do that extra work. So what do you think that means? Do you think Microsoft has engineers on the ground helping Capcom? It's probably their only option, right, Yeah.
Speaker 3: I mean it's it's a weird position because when you think back to the start of the console generation, Microsoft's whole thing with bringing games to the Xbox if they were running on you know, the Xbox One or whatever, was like, yeah, just fucking works, dude, It just it. You know, the cloud does you know sinks all your saves. It's it's very easy.
Speaker 4: And you know, it just kind of works.
Speaker 3: And now you're having people, you know, as they issuate on the engines because the Xbox One and the series consoles just aren't shipping as many games are like, well, is it really worth it as much for us to keep up the engine maintenance on this thing? And when that starts happened, that's a real problem, especially if there are games. If any game takes off that is running on that engine and it's that game isn't there because of that, then that's a huge problem for Microsoft. And I think, like you know, for some of the games that haven't come, you can sort of say like, well, they're pretty they're fighting games that people really wanted, but they're going to sell to the fighting game audience, and the fighting game audience has largely landed on PlayStation and Xbox.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 3: You look at the Fighting collection too though, and it has stuff like Powerstone, which is more of an arcady thing that you.
Speaker 2: Can have a lot of Dreamcast legacy games, and a lot of your Dreamcast fans did go to Xbox back in the day.
Speaker 1: How many have continued that process?
Speaker 2: Who knows, but but like there's reasons this game should still be on Xbox despite everything you just said, which is true. Play you know, PlayStation is fighting games now they body Evo. That's that's where that that community more mostly is. And then when they're not, they're on PC because PC is open. But it's like a death spiral in a lot of ways, Like a game doesn't come to yet to Xbox because they're you know, it's not worth the squeeze, and then fewer people are looking to buy games on Xbox, and so there's less of a reason to put these games on Xbox, and then becomes.
Speaker 1: Even less worth the effort.
Speaker 2: Uh So Microsoft has has to figure something out here, and uh, I don't necessarily know what that looks like because they can't do this in every circumstance. Uh And and even when they do send ambassadors from Xbox to go help engineers at different companies figure out how to get these games on that platform in a way that is affordable and responsible. The games are they're going to come out, and is like the result going to be there, Like is anyone actually gonna end up buying these games on Xbox? And the answer is like, well, yeah, but a lot less than on other platforms.
Speaker 1: That's just been the case for many of these kinds of games.
Speaker 3: And it is like it is ultimately a little bit like embarrassing in many ways because Xbox is still making deals to get Capcom games on game.
Speaker 1: Pass right to be happy with at yeah.
Speaker 3: And they can't even get them to bring all their games to the console. Like it's a bad look ultimately, yep.
Speaker 2: I That's why it's like it makes sense that it's technology because Capcom seems completely fine with where Xbox is at, especially when an Xbox shows up with the checks for for game Pass. But yeah, this is the kind of thing where but in two years it's gonna feel if it feels super normal for things to be skipping Xbox, that is a major problem for that platform. And it's already kind of a problem and sort of an annoyance at this point, at this moment, but could blow up into something really huge for this for the for this platform.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean, like that was kind of the vibe around the opening night Live. Like the second biggest pop that anything got was Indiana Jones coming.
Speaker 1: To PS five yep.
Speaker 4: And that's in Europe.
Speaker 3: That's in a place where like xboxes sell pretty well, and that's not like that's wild.
Speaker 1: Yeah, i mean, PlayStation does dominate Europe for the most part.
Speaker 3: Laystation like feels way better, but like it's not like the three sixty wasn't a phenomenon as well.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and.
Speaker 3: So it's it's wild that like that was outside of like Tim Miller having his moment, which was a lovely moment in person, and that was like.
Speaker 1: It makes him weak.
Speaker 4: Sorry, you're right, you're right, he's less of a man because of it. We were all saying it in the.
Speaker 1: Crowd, of course. Everyone.
Speaker 4: Yes, that's why.
Speaker 3: We were crying. That's why he was crying. He like started to get a little bit.
Speaker 4: Choked up, and then we were like, you're not.
Speaker 2: A real man exactly, so you're very mean and appropriately so he deserved it.
Speaker 4: You directed reshoots on borderlandes What's.
Speaker 1: Wrong with yeah, you you messed up bad. He made it worse. Somehow we got we got a borderland story to everybody, don't don't you worry.
Speaker 2: Don't you worry at all. Yeah, he probably was sunglasses for his weak guys. You're right, Purple people leader, that's exactly right. Uh, all right, let's keep moving here. As Robot director rules out VR version, says he wants to hear from fans about a PC port, though this is from Jordan Miller at VGC. The creative director of Astrobot has ruled out the possibility of a PlayStation VR two version, but has kept hopes alive for.
Speaker 1: A PC port. Which got it? They better? I mean everything else gets one, but not this. Come on.
Speaker 2: Speaking to Men Max, host Ben Hanson asked creative director Nicholas Dussett. Duss if there was any interest in a VR version of Astrobot, No chance, Dust replied, it's designed for a different medium. When pressed by Hanson if there was a zero percent chance, du set reiterated that if the game was to be brought to VR, it would be a different game. Later in the interview, the possibility of a PC version was brought up with dus as with you say, asking whether he had a message for PC players keen to play the game, or saying he did have one. Well, we want to hear from you to say, replied absolutely, we want to hear from you.
Speaker 1: Elsewhere.
Speaker 2: On the interview, how it was asked how many references Temo Sovie was not allowed to include in the game.
Speaker 1: Well, do say.
Speaker 2: It was coy about giving a specific answer. When Hanson suggested that it could could somewhere between Could it be somewhere between five or ten? He replied about that much. Astrobat will be released on September sixth. An Astrobot themed dual Sense will be released next week alongside the game I Got.
Speaker 4: You Get Your You got Yours?
Speaker 1: Got my pre order and also I said yes to Sony when they asked me about.
Speaker 2: What once I got two coming, Well, I'm very excited about it.
Speaker 3: The day those went on pre order, I was like getting a three hour bus up to Sish a deferred exam and like I was fucked, But I bought one as soon as it went live. And then when I got out of the exam, people were like, oh, this sold out here, the sold out here, and I checked like the Irish retailer and there was still in and I bought another.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm I'm like, but I got too comming.
Speaker 2: I'm like, what if I just had all four like dual sense speed astrobot controller. We did get some like first images of people get getting their hands on. I don't know where this is from, uh, but it looks real good? Is this from games? Colm the look at? Do they have the controller there? Did you get a chance to see it?
Speaker 3: I know, I don't think Sony were there in any official capacity, Like shoe Hay was running around the show doing shoe Hay stuff, but I don't think they were they were showing anything. I'm I'm curious what Chap thinks the games that they weren't allowed to reference were, or what the things that they weren't allowed to reference.
Speaker 2: The next story we have is like when they were allowed to reference, which is a little bit surprising. So yeah, well it's weird they were.
Speaker 3: I'm willing to bet that it was mainly I recently rewatched the two thousand and six press conference, and if they had, I'm willing to bet that like games totally fine real world things where like it was in embarrassing moments for Sony No No.
Speaker 2: Nine to eleven astrobot. Sure, yeah, that's listen, that's censorship. They should be allowed to reference whatever they want.
Speaker 3: But like I can imagine them being like actually made you don't mention giant enemy crabs or ridge race rember.
Speaker 2: Okay, yeah, there's just the numbers five ninety nine just floating around there or whatever.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, apparently this is is whoever posts this to Twitter hashtago with Sony condo trip. Maybe this is in Japan somewhere, but this is a very shiny look at the dual Sense astrobot controller, very glossy. It looks fantastic. So yeah, I'm very excited about this thing. Cannot wait to get my hands on it. I was thinking camera, thank you Jan.
Speaker 3: And see those clasps holding onto the controller? Yes, yeah, I wonder if you can like buy those from anywhere because that would just be really fun to fuck with people.
Speaker 2: That I bet you could probably like secondhand Facebook marketplace.
Speaker 3: You see loads of them at like game events, and I'm like, where do you where do these? Who makes these? Where do they come from?
Speaker 2: There is a Dreamcast kiosk for sale on my Facebook mark place near me, and I want that thing real bad, but it's way too expensive.
Speaker 1: There's no way I could ever justify it. But I want one of those kiosks.
Speaker 2: I think ideally it would be the Toys r Us in sixty four launch kiosk with like the bubble that the in sixty four was in. Listen, Sean, if you want to go half season on it with me, he says, even he says, I'm going half season as I'm saying it, and he says, that's like twenty dollars.
Speaker 1: All right, Okay, sounds good.
Speaker 3: When the PS five was first coming out and they did send some of those kiosks out to places, I went to a local Smiths in Galway and for whatever reason, the only demo that they downloaded on that kiosk was Balan Wonder World.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, I'm pretty sure.
Speaker 3: I'm pretty sure it was just someone at the store wanting to fuck with.
Speaker 2: P Yes, that's the only way that happened. Or maybe you Suzuki or Ujinaka went in there and.
Speaker 1: Just did it himself. I'm sorry to use Suzuki for implying that he was responsible for that.
Speaker 2: Different pod games don't exactly all right, Astro Oh yeah, Crash Bandicoot will cameo in Astrobot despite Microsoft's Activision acquisition. This is from Jordan Miller at VGC Crash. Bandicoot will cameo as a vip bot in Astrobot despite Microsoft now owning Activision Blizzard, according to a new interview on the PlayStation blog Crash, alongside other characters with cartoony features such as the Eightes from eight Escape, will wear masks over their heads as the robot style head of astro didn't work in terms of design. Yeah, I can imagine it's like hard to make the robot look exactly like those things?
Speaker 4: Did them?
Speaker 3: Did you go back and get the helo ones that you have to like solve the victules foot.
Speaker 1: I've done a little bit of that.
Speaker 2: My kids usually like want to play that every once in a while, and that I told them there was new stuff in there. So they were searching and then they came across a couple of them and then they needed my help to actually do it. So I've done a couple can't remember who.
Speaker 1: I think.
Speaker 2: I think they might have found the bloodborne one and they were like, what is this or shit? I'm like, okay, well, one day you'll know one day you'll understand.
Speaker 4: What Ridge Racer one is devious.
Speaker 3: That's some proper fucking destiny like style Stantio and shooting the ground five times to trigger a thing.
Speaker 1: Oh, I like that.
Speaker 2: That's fine, Okay, I'm gonna I'm god, what a good game Astros Playroom is.
Speaker 1: I want to get back in there and find all that stuff. Marino says there's still one unreleased, so.
Speaker 3: Yes, they were doing one every month, so they'll do one probably FIRSTUS September.
Speaker 2: I like it's such a cool idea to update a game as as new stuff is coming out.
Speaker 1: Beyond Good and Evil.
Speaker 2: That remaster apparently has a small references to Beyond Good and Evil too, which is a prequel, so it makes sense story wise. Yeah, it's I like this sort of thing neat Crash Bandicoot in there.
Speaker 1: I listen.
Speaker 2: That was probably planned ahead of time. Actition probably said yes. I think Microsoft would have said yes as well. They don't care keep keep Crash relevant uh and and acknowledge its history there. I don't think Microsoft would be too precious about it. They kind of can't afford to be too precious about it, right.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's something that also came up in the Liam Robertson video when they would doing.
Speaker 4: Back.
Speaker 3: I think it was sometime around twenty twenty, but after the announcement of Microsoft wants to buy Activision first came around. Boys for Bob did a cinematic that we created that scene and on Charged where Elena and Nache play Crash Bandacoosh, except it was Crash and Crash's sister playing on Charhood. Yeah, they are willing to have those back and forth.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's a lot of fun. That's very cool.
Speaker 2: All right, lots more headlines to come before we get to Themough, we're gonna.
Speaker 1: Take a quick break, be right back after this.
Speaker 2: Okay, we're getting right back into it. Let's scrub mcgrubb just post. Is this from today?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: August twenty eighth PlayStation plus monthly games for September Quiddach Champions. Wow, that's gonna be okay interesting. I got invited to the playtest for that and it was in DA so I'm like, what am I going to do with this?
Speaker 1: I never even touched.
Speaker 2: It, but I this one where it's like, oh, it didn't seem like it was going to be too hot, and comes out and it's already in PlayStation plus whatever not.
Speaker 4: Gonna like glub.
Speaker 3: I looked at this lineup on my first thought was all the stars.
Speaker 2: Yeah, MLB, the show twenty four huge baseball fan, right Lexi? And then Little Nightmares too. People like those little Nightmare names. Probably again I've never this is not not my thing. I leave those tobaccol backl Oar handles that for me. All right, So let's get into the ones I have written down here. TSMC, the Taiwanese semiconductor manufacturing company, may increase wafer pricing by ten percent for twenty twenty five, according to a report. Don't worry, everybody will walk you through what that means. The wafers are just like these big little wafer circles where all the chips, the processors that go inside most of your electronics are all built in these wafers. And these companies buy these processors by the wafer.
Speaker 1: So let's get into it.
Speaker 2: This is from Anton Shilov Shalov at Tom's Hardware. Due to the high demand for advanced processors in consumer electronics and high performance computing, TSMC is looking to hike its waighter pricing for all types of customers in twenty twenty five According to a Morgan Stanley note to clients cited by Eric Johnson, who is an investor, apparently the world's largest contract contract maker of chips plans to hike its prices by up to around ten percent next year. Keep in mind that the information comes from an unofficial source, though so applied the required amount of skepticism negotiations with AI and HPC customers such as Nvidia, suggests these clients can tolerate approximately ten percent price hikes for four nanimeter class wafers, which is like not quite the newest round of processors from TSMC. They have different processes where they draw like the lithography, they actually draw the printed circuit board, and the smaller the process, the more efficient, the more powerful it is. They have three and animeter. Now four an animeter though, is probably where most of these coment manufacturers are recuse. I think they most recently put out five animeter versions. That's like the revised PlayStation Slim I think uses five nanimeter. So the next time Sony and Microsoft go back to this company and say, hey, we want to revise our systems, they're probably going to go to go four an animeter and Nintendo switch to could easily end up going with TSMC depending on what Nvidia does, and they could also use Samsung, but TSMCS by far the largest manufacturer of chips under contract. So the four and nanimeter class wafers again just a big disc that has all the processors in it like that, that's how it gets printed. It previously costed around it had a cost of eighteen thousand dollars per wafer. Next year they're going to up that to twenty thousand.
Speaker 1: Dollars per wafer. As a result, the four and.
Speaker 2: Animeter and five animeter nodes primarily used by companies like AMD and Nvidia, are expected to see an eleven percent blended average selling price. This means that prices for IN four and IN five wafers may increase by approximately twenty five percent since Q one twenty twenty one, at least for some customers. And you got to keep in mind the price gets passed on d AMD, then AMD passes the price onto Microsoft and Sony, and then yes, Sony and Microsoft are very likely going to pass those price increases on to all of us. Now, maybe some of the recent price increases that they've done around the world is in anticipation of this, but likely not. I think it's that has to do with the reality on the ground in the moment. And if these prices go up next year, uh, it's it's going to it's you, We're all going to feel it. So uh, if price decreases, we're off the table already, LEXI. What's gonna happen now when these things come out? When these wafers go up in price and these companies are looking like, hey, we're now we're losing money on a console again that is in the sixth year of its life cycle or whatever fifth sixth year of its life cycle, They're gonna bulk at that and probably find more ways to charge us more money for this hardware.
Speaker 3: Right, Yeah, I mean, Bob, I'm gonna be honest with you. As soon as you started talking, all I could think was, boy, you should kind of take about a game speed.
Speaker 4: But you can't take game speed out of go oh.
Speaker 1: That's right, this is this my shit.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but no, I do think that. Yeah, that like Topps five Pro is totally going to be like six hundred and fifty dollars, isn't it.
Speaker 4: It's going to be real thinned.
Speaker 2: I think it's like it'd be very surprising if it was anything below six fifty. I think six Getting that thing for six hundred dollars feels like it would be a.
Speaker 1: Big win, honestly.
Speaker 2: So uh, and these companies just don't seem to be in the mood of leaving that money on the table. I think both Microsoft and Sony regret the chicken game that they played leading up to the launch of the PS five and the Xbox Series X, where they're like they lay waited till the very last minute to announce the price on those things. And people always have this idea of a thing costs this much. They know how much they're going to charge us, and that's just not how it works. It always works as they charge what they can get away with. And when they had a direct competitor, when these two companies are looking at one another, they are very worried that the other one's going to undercut them. That's the thing keeping the price down. And so it seemed like they both blinked at the same time and said, okay.
Speaker 1: Five hundred dollars.
Speaker 2: And then as soon as they got a month into the console generation and they saw how the things were selling and how people were freaking out, and then the pandemic really amplified that.
Speaker 1: Both companies I think are like, we should have at least charged charged to.
Speaker 2: Six hundred dollars for these things, and maybe even seven hundred, I think is what they were thinking. So with that lesson very fresh in their minds and the cost of components going up, the factors are ripe for them to come out with new Like obviously a PS five pro going to be announced any minute now, and then PS six and a new Xbox are not going to be that far behind that prices seem like they are. I mean, just anything below five hundred seems impossible. Now six hundred and above seems like the range they're going to be in, and I think they will try to get away with as much as they can. And the reality is Xbox might be like saying, hey, going ahead to head and competing with PlayStation doesn't make sense for us anymore. Maybe we should have something that feels different, feels me even more premium in a lot of ways, so we could charge even more. And then that sort of causes both companies and be like, there is no direct comparison competitor anymore, we should charge what we think we can get away with because we're not worried about being undercut anymore. So I just it feels like higher prices are coming our way.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I feel like this has the potential to go really ugly real quick when the PS five Pro does get announced from the point of view of people don't have a.
Speaker 4: Lot of money right now, and trying to.
Speaker 3: Position a PS five Pro to anyone is way less easy than it was with the PS four Pro because the what they're selling is in something that I can just explain in a sentence. It's not something I can be like, oh, you know how or TV is ten ADP, Well this is going to be the next step up, you know, and that that's all that like someone needs to hear and then be like, okay, sure we'll get that. Instead I'm like, yeah, well, like it's rasterizing some shit, and like the fucking ray tracing is gonna be like twenty five percent better, And then they're gonna be like, what's ray tracing? And I'm gonna be like, so have you played Minecraft? And it's gonna be a fucking nightmare.
Speaker 1: Yep.
Speaker 3: But yeah, like I think that what they it is reality that those things are getting more expensive. That's just reality. But it's also reality that people have less money to spend on these things, and they're less willing to spend ish. That's why people are only spending money on the games that they've been playing for six years now, because they have all this stuff built up up in ISH and they know Fortnite's skin prices aren't gonna go up because they can't put them up. And like, I don't think that the adoption rate of a PS five pro is gonna be what they wanted to be like that, those adoption rates are usually pretty low anyway, for the PS five or for the PS four pro.
Speaker 4: It wasn't like.
Speaker 1: Dupahaly the standard vanilla system.
Speaker 3: That's right, yeah, but I think that like if this could if this goes badly, they wind up with a shitload of stuck again like the PSV or two, and I don't think they are maybe quite aware of how likely it is for that to be the outcome. And then when you go into the next generation, you have to wonder, well, what's the approach then, Is it, well, people aren't spending money, so we make these consoles cheaper and we make them less powerful, or is it. Okay, we turn these into boutique isisims and that's kind of the two directions that we'll be able to go in.
Speaker 4: So yeah, it's going to be a very weird thing.
Speaker 3: Like I'm at the point where if this thing is like six fifty seven hundred, like you're that seven hundred dollars, then I'll be like eight hundred yeo, And then like fucking I'm not what are you on about?
Speaker 2: No, no, yeah, it's it's a weird time because you're right people, I mean, I think you laid out perfectly. People are more price sensitive than they've been in a long time, and it's like that's a lesson that took a few years to really kind of get beaten into Americans, specifically, where consumer spending remained abnormally high even though all the indicators are like people should be saving more, they're not. And I think now it's like even Americans are looking around being like, I want to save some money. I want I'm gonna skip a couple purchases that normally I wouldn't have thought twice about. And at the same time, everything is telling these companies to raise prices.
Speaker 3: So John, what it is is that the pandemic ended and people remembered like, hey, it's nice to.
Speaker 1: Go on holiday.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well, and so suddenly people are like, maybe we should save for that during the pandemic. Why would you save for a fucking holiday down the East coast or to another country when you know you're not allowed leave your fucking stage, Like why? So like, yeah, I think people realize that, like, oh shit, there are things to say for. They people forgot that there were things to save for because every day felt the exact fucking same, so you may as well get something new today to make it feel slightly different. And now like, yeah, it's biging, it's biting a lot of these companies in the asses.
Speaker 2: Yep, and it's and what's even happening now is like our V sales were sky high right after the pandemic and then the recreational vehicles and then they have dropped off obscenely, like it's just completely crashed. And I think that's an indication of like, Okay, yeah, people had the money, they went out and spend it to have an experience, and now things that were turning to normal. But then that cash that they were spending on all those other versions of entertainment and adventures and experiences is not suddenly flooding back into games. It's actually people cutting back for real, and now here we are.
Speaker 3: With that like idea in mind, something that I was thinking a lot about games. Colm was looking at two K slash. They have borderlines for they have GGA six, and they have Civilization Devin, all ostensibly coming within the next fiscal year or so. They have a situation similar to like pandemic growth, where they have such an abnormal year of massive growth and sales that when things go back down to normal, things get really messy for them potentially.
Speaker 2: But I think, you know, the good news for them is if they do hit well with whatever GT Online two is, or however they follow that up, the next year could be just as big or bigger, and frankly they'll find ways to you know, because they'll they'll release it on PC, they'll do a PC port, and then very soon after that there will be some new console to take advantage of and they'll release it again. So that's GTA that will help them get through that. There's a chance though, that some of that stuff misses right, so and then it'll be a very tough comparison. But that is, like, you know, for a company, that's future companies problem. Right now, we can have our best year ever. That is is what investors want to hear, and that's what we want, what we want to tell investors, so they don't care.
Speaker 1: They're not worried about that yet. All right, let's see here. I mean, I feel like I could talk about yeah, go ahead, real quick.
Speaker 3: Yeah, now, now it's time to talk about the real news. Because I looked at the next news story. It's it's the real news. Like it's it's important. Yep, this is what's important.
Speaker 1: This is what's important.
Speaker 2: The Borderlands movie is getting a digital release just three weeks after its cinema release. Here it is everybody from Chris going at VGC. The border Lands movie is gonna be at home. The film will be available to buy or rent on streaming platforms like Amazon Prime Video, Apple TV, and Google Play starting on Friday, August thirty. If that's right, I'm gonna make everyone at Pax West watch this with me. I will no longer have to suffer alone. It will cost twenty five dollars to purchase twenty dollars to rent. Given that the movie's theatric release was August ninth. That means the film has gone from cinema to digital in just three weeks, which, oh boy, I mean honestly sounds about right for what this game is done.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: So someone who like actually likes the Borderlands franchise mainly because of like when I played it, but also genuinely thinks there's some good things in there. This whole movie experience has been fucking incredible. It's been so much, it's been so funny. So the day I went to sit that exam and I bought those two controllers, I was also like, right, I'm done college. How do I celebrate? And I have a friend in Galway who is also a games journalist, who Anna and Bevan. She works at the Gamer. I was like, Hey, Rhannon, do you want to go see the Borderlands movie?
Speaker 4: And she was like not really, let's go.
Speaker 1: Hell yeah.
Speaker 3: When we went together and in a theater that sat maybe like fifteen twenty people, there was like maybe ten people there.
Speaker 4: This was opening nighte it was in the smallest theater in the cinema.
Speaker 1: It's crazy.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And during the entire runtime there was maybe one person that left out her huh.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's it's not very good and not funny boy. It's one of those ones where it's like very much like Balan's Wonder World, where when I hear people kind of like gently defend it, I'm like, we don't.
Speaker 1: Need to do this.
Speaker 2: If you want to say people worked hard on it and you feel for them, I let's let's have that conversation.
Speaker 1: I get that.
Speaker 2: But the idea that like there is some joy to be had from this movie or it's not as bad as some other movies, so maybe people are overreacting.
Speaker 1: That's just wrong. I saw it. I know what I experienced and felt, and it was pain.
Speaker 3: It is going to be a really interesting bell Weather because I think it was someone who worked at Larry and their marketing person who.
Speaker 4: Brought it up.
Speaker 3: But like Google gives priority to movies over games when you search word right, and so if you now just search Borderlands, the first thing that comes up isn't the game franchise, isn't the first game.
Speaker 4: It is the nine percent or on ordered.
Speaker 2: Yeah, if they're gonna be able to ever undo that, and I know, well, I don't know. I have a hunch that Randy Pittrid is someone who like pays attention to that sort of thing. When Jordy Miller was on here, we always talk about how we each of our sites. I gamed back when I was a games beating him at VGC had a Randy Pittord story that just always seems to do some traffic and we're like, is he just like paying to get that on out kick or some bullshit? And I think that's exactly what he's still in.
Speaker 3: So yeah, So, like I feel bad for everyone working on Borderlands four because like genuinely the sentiment around the Boardlands community for that game is, hey, guys, Randy was in Hollywood. Maybe this one will be better than three.
Speaker 1: Yeah, hey, maybe it will be. People wanted to be good, so yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I wanted to be good. I would love a good Borderlands game. I thought Tiny Teeners Wonderlands was like way better than I had any right to be and like actually somewhat compelling, and they fucked it in a few places, but they always fucking in a few places. But like, boy, that series has so much baggage now that even people who like ish are like don't feel good about it.
Speaker 2: So yep, all right, I got a couple of sneaky headlines. I'm gonna put in here. It's mostly for Shan who's doing headlines.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 2: Retroid Pocket five has been teased, and it looks really sleek, looks really good. They you know, it's a tease. They have not told us much about it, but they have. They did recently also announce the Retroid Retroid Pocket Mini, and they've now said that thing is gonna have a snap Dragon processor, so they might have some very powerful hardware in these things going forward. For people that aren't aware or haven't paid too much attention to this, Retroid has done a lot of Android gaming handhelds that people used to play a lot of emulators. It's not like it necessarily an amberdick that's just gonna come with a bunch of games pre installed or something like that. Retroids is a little bit more above board, but it you know, it uses it has an Android interface, so it has all the emulators you can get on your phone, but usually have pretty good screens and they have. I really like the way that the controls feel on these things, and this thing, yeah, just again looks really sleek. So I am at a point where it's like, oh, I don't need too many more of these handhelds. But now that they're doing handhelds with bigger screens and more power, again, I'm like, okay, maybe it's time to start paying attention. And again this one looks like maybe it could be the one for me. Where are you at with these handhelds?
Speaker 3: Has anyone told Greg Miller that they're still making PSVs?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: I mean I think if I just handed this tuom and said here's a new psveta, he wouldn't know. He's just a sweet little console baby. We'll go at Greg in a second, because there's another story here.
Speaker 1: Actually, let's just do that now. Let's see here. Star Wars out Okay, yeah, I'm all accept your cookies.
Speaker 2: Star Wars Outlaws PS five players ask to start all new saved to avoid progression blocking bugs.
Speaker 1: This is what you get with consoles.
Speaker 2: You can't edit your saves, you can't go download mods to fix these things.
Speaker 1: You're at the whim of Sony.
Speaker 2: It's like you're playing bumper bowling and you damn little sweet little idiots can't handle this, So just restart the game because we don't. We have no other solution for you. Good luck with that bucket dweebs console nerds. That's why we're not going to game Spot so I can say the F word more often. Fucking loser, Greg Miller, restart your game. Actually, he doesn't even like the game, so he's not gonna restart it. Yeah, whatever, all right, we'll get back on to it. Kroc Legends of the Gobos remaster announced for consoles PC alongside Argonaut Argonaut Games is revival.
Speaker 1: Let's see here.
Speaker 2: This is from Salramano at Gamatsu. Argonaut Games, a British game developer founded in nineteen eighty two by Jazz San and closed down in October two thousand and four, has announced its revival alongside a remastered version of Kroc Legend of the Gobos do out for all the.
Speaker 1: Current consoles and PC in twenty twenty four.
Speaker 2: Known for titles like Star Glider, Star Glider two, Starfox, Kroc Legends of the Gobos and Kroc two, Argonaut Games released its last game in two thousand and four, and it's down making a comeback as a boutique publisher with a planned to slate of classic Argonaut Games, intellectual properties and exciting new titles for both current and retro game platforms Its first title is the remaster version of Kroc Legend of the Gobos, which first launched for the original PlayStation in September nineteen ninety seven.
Speaker 1: Were you ever a Kroc person in your entire life?
Speaker 3: I was not, But I sent this to one of my friends, Mollie Pritchard, who's a guide rider over your gamer, and she is very excited as someone who really liked that cow Ko the Kangaroo game that.
Speaker 1: Lea Ko Ko the Kangaroo.
Speaker 4: Yes, Grub.
Speaker 3: I have two questions to you about Argonage One. Do you know what their final game released was?
Speaker 1: Okay, the final game from Argonaut? I don't I so technically.
Speaker 3: Technically, Argonaut's most recently released game is South Fox two that came.
Speaker 4: Out in twenty thirty.
Speaker 1: Yes, that's right.
Speaker 3: But the final game they released before being showed down was Catwoman the game.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, okay, a future black club game for sure?
Speaker 1: Yes.
Speaker 3: Also, do you want to know what this means? Do you want to know what we have now unlocked the possibility of achieving in a future.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna say a buck Bumble remaster.
Speaker 4: Buck Bumble.
Speaker 1: Argonaut Games did make buck Bumble.
Speaker 2: I know this because I just got it loaded up, and I saw the Argonaut thing the the splash screen, and then I saw the story and I'm like, where did I just see Argonaut?
Speaker 1: Why was that in my head? And then I put two and two together.
Speaker 4: Bee Week?
Speaker 1: It's Bee Week. Everybody they saved this news from B week. Buck Bumble is back. Maybe actually maybe not.
Speaker 2: It's back on this side at least, so everybody, briggity buck Bumble.
Speaker 1: I never played Crack. I don't know. Maybe I like rented it at some point.
Speaker 2: Maybe I did play it at some point, but I don't remember playing it. Is it like Chad? Is it something a game that people think is any good? I look at it and it looks kind of fun in this trailer. I'll try to bring that up.
Speaker 3: But yeah, I was, Yeah, Marino mentioned it in chat. The one Argonaut game I have played is that Bionical game, which is pretty okay.
Speaker 1: Oh sure, it's yeah.
Speaker 2: And these these, for you guys, look very rare coded. They got the big Google eyes. Oh yeah, all this stuff, so it looks it's britt It's a British, right, That's what this is. It's this is a British art style.
Speaker 3: Man, this is a British art style. Yeah, you know, yeah, it's just weird. How much, Yeah, it's weird. How much this looks like ukulele even now?
Speaker 2: Right exactly they had they had one art artist and in all of the of the Britain, and they shared them among among all the studios making platformers back then.
Speaker 1: It looks like, uh, yeah, wasn't it tank controls?
Speaker 2: They're probably going to update that, although I don't hate tank controls, although maybe for a platformer I do. So we'll see, U I'll play this. I have a fondness for that era of three D platformer. So shout outs to Argonaut Games for the revival.
Speaker 1: All right, let's see, we're gonna skip this last story, but we'll just say it real quick.
Speaker 2: Blue Protocol, that game that Amazon Games was going to port from Japan and release everywhere is actually getting shut down in Japan and won't come out worldwide. Oh, some onely gonna bring it up to be like I think Amazon Games is talking about switch to because stuff like this was not gonna work for them, so they're like, maybe we'll make some real games for real consoles instead of just trying to make a game from another country work here because the game wasn't even gonna work in that country.
Speaker 3: So the Amazon Games continues to be one of the like wildest endeavors to try to track down, like, hey.
Speaker 4: What do you actually eat?
Speaker 3: What are you?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Because like you're making two MMOs right now that look the exact fucking same. They're making New World and they're making something called like Sword and Blade or something, and it's basically the same, right And I have no idea what they're anyway.
Speaker 1: Yep, it's it's a weird, weird thing. I don't know what else.
Speaker 2: They can have a lot of money, though, so if they want to publish some other kinds of games that like, if they're they're gonna look at like Wukong and stuff like that and be like maybe we should be like looking for a Chinese developer and bring their game worldwide and yeah, whatever, go for that. I don't care, all right, Poll question, let's get to that real quick.
Speaker 1: I have that over here. I mean refresh and vote on that.
Speaker 2: Okay, refresh, there we go.
Speaker 1: Are you going to play Star Wars Outlaws?
Speaker 2: Eighteen percent said yes, forty five percent said I'll wait for a sale, and thirty.
Speaker 1: Seven percent said no.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's that sounds about right, Honestly, nearly twenty percent one in five saying yes. It's a pretty high number for any new game that has like a review score below eighty, where it's like that makes it like people could just go, well, yeah, I want to try that because it's a good game. When it's like maybe it's a good game, or maybe it'll be good for me. Still, having one in five of four point five thousand votes, that's a pretty good number.
Speaker 1: You're gonna say something.
Speaker 3: Lexi, I've been trying to get review code for that. It's been It's been fun. I've been trying to get review code for a couple of things, and boy, being a small outlet or running a small outlet and being a freelancer was fun. The thing I was gonna say was, do you think one of the things that that they weren't allowed to putting Astrobot was what's his name?
Speaker 4: The guy who did all the ads for them for someone.
Speaker 1: Kevin Butler?
Speaker 3: Yeah, Ken, Yeah, they were totally gonna have a Kevin Butler fucking.
Speaker 2: They as they did, they sue him for doing ads for someone else.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he did ads for someone else and they sued.
Speaker 3: Him No, it was like something really fucking obscure.
Speaker 1: It was weird.
Speaker 3: Why are you, like, yeah, why are you doing ads for a local business as Kevin Butler?
Speaker 1: Right, it was really strange.
Speaker 2: Okay, yeah, fair enough, You're probably not Kevin Butler.
Speaker 1: All.
Speaker 2: They should get over it because I love Kevin Butler. That was a fun advertising campaign.
Speaker 4: It was Bridgestone.
Speaker 2: It was Bridgetone Tires. Okay, bring back Kevin Butler Bridge, don't. The gate was overblown. I have a new pool question. We'll get to that here in a second. Before we do that, though, Lex tell people where they can find you on the internet, what you have going on, all that good stuff.
Speaker 3: Yes, so I'm very busy at the moment. I finally got my computer back from repairs.
Speaker 4: Thank you so much. Asis.
Speaker 3: Your fucking repair system fucking sucks, Bush.
Speaker 4: I will be streaming tomorrow.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna stream some of that new Castlevania game that is within the Castlevania Dominus collection. I played about fifteen minutes of it and it's fucking awesome. It's really cool. They've basically just made they just made a new Castlevania in the style of like the nes Castlevanias.
Speaker 4: It's great it's so cool.
Speaker 3: Yes, yeah, And then I have a bunch of pieces going up across Shack News and Push Square. I will be in the next issue of Play Magazine. I am in the current issue of Play Magazine and you can see you. I also run start Menu, which is a website for young people trying to break into the games and especially as journalists. That website was kind of on ice a little bit, as I didn't have access to anything that could upload pieces, which was deeply frustrating.
Speaker 4: But it is back now.
Speaker 3: We are going to get things running again and we're looking at the future at that site now that I am fully finished college and I'm done my last exam, and whether there's any way that I can set up Patreon or if I can find a future for it, and what that looks like. So if you're interested in that, let me know and you can find that ash v start Menu on Twitter and then you can find me and basically LEXI both spelled with eyes at the end on Twitter.
Speaker 2: Sorry, you guys heard a Kevin Butler there for a second. I'm playing the Bridge Stone ad in the background now so people can see it. Apparently he was They were given away a Wii, so their Nintendo was involved. There was a bridgetone ad and that's why it was like such a weird thing. Yeah, fair enough, Kevin Butler, you do your thing. Yeah, hey, Lexi, whenever you figure out what's going on with all that stuff and let us know.
Speaker 1: But come on the show. We'll let you kind of talk about it. Here. Get more people like checking that stuff out because it's it's good work.
Speaker 2: I appreciate any time people that are trying to break in the industry have anywhere they can get their voice started.
Speaker 1: So good work you're doing over there.
Speaker 2: All right, let's see here new poll question. Do you wish Astrobot would have a VR mode?
Speaker 1: Yes or no?
Speaker 2: Just interested to see if, like, you know, it's you know, the one of the like Mount Rushmore PSVR games for sure, that Astrobot Rescue Mission and so is any of that like lingering to people like still say, well that's the VR game I love so much. I wish that would just come back, or is it like no, I don't, I don't care at all. I'm gonna be interested to see the results on that. Speaking of those results, we'll get it on Games Mornings on Giant Bomb tomorrow, speaking of Giant Bomb later today, it is a B light club. We're gonna do that around that's nine to forty five ish, uh Pacific time. That'll be like ten twelve forty five ish Eastern. So hearing about forty five minutes, Jan's gonna get started with that. I'll be hanging out, We'll get some stuff going. Should be a good time. We're gon we're gonna just do a bunch of different B related games. And then the reason we're doing that at that time is because we do think blight clubs should be back today.
Speaker 1: Now the issue is.
Speaker 4: It's still today.
Speaker 2: Well, Dad's still having some some problems with having energy come to his home. It sounds like a real nightmare. It's been out for a very long time. And uh any like listen, anytime powers out for like more than like four or five hours, it becomes like just exponentially worse.
Speaker 1: It's like, oh, you can't do anything. Everything's breaking. Uh.
Speaker 2: So he's trying to find a way to get into a some sort of studio somewhere. I thought, I'm like try the public library or something. It's like he wasn't able to book a conference room for long enough, so he's looking for some solution. I don't know if you could find one, we will, we will do it. I'm telling him we can call an audible, but he really wants to do it. So that's why we're actually trying, still trying to figure it out.
Speaker 4: I mean, yeah, well, but I know why he really wants to do it.
Speaker 1: I know he yeah.
Speaker 4: We I got home.
Speaker 3: I got back to my airbnb at like one in the morning the night he told me, and I was like, I have to find some gameplayer this and one. Finding gay player that game really fucking hard. Yep, like finding documented video footage of it. You can find a couple of trailers, but finding video footage. When I finally did, oh.
Speaker 2: Boy, yeah, oooh boy, you have to like go like find a YouTuber specifically making a video about that version of that game.
Speaker 1: And uh.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I can't wait. I just can't wait. It's uh it for us. It feels targeted from orbit to hit Mike Manatti right in the spot he doesn't want to be hit, which is we waggle weird controls. So really looking forward to it. I hope we can make it happen today. If we can't, honestly, might be an issue to do it next week too, well, no, and next week should be fine, so it'll be the week after that that could be a problem.
Speaker 1: So either this week or.
Speaker 2: Next week we should be back with Blake Club's first episode of the new season. You're not gonna want to miss it because Mike will have to. You'll find out with Mike what his game's gonna be. So really looking forward to that. In addition, there will be a Yes Pax Swest is coming up on Friday. Will be there, many of us will be there. We have a panel on Saturday, panel on Sunday. Some of those details are out there as far as I understand, it's like twelve thirty ish on each day we will have. On the first day, I think we're going to be doing the BombCast Reventions episode, and then on Sunday, I think we're doing Blake Club, but those things could still change last minute is what we've been hearing, so we'll see how it's all going to go down on and then Voicemail Dump Truck on Thursday, we turned to the biggest be we know, Ben Pack is going to be there everybody, so you want to listen to that. The original driver of the dump truck and then yeah, on Friday, Jan and crew probably probably some of the GB kids will.
Speaker 1: Be hanging out to do some upf and things like that, so gonna be a fun week.
Speaker 2: Still plenty more to come for B week, so look out for all of that. It was a good BombCast yesterday GMM from earlier this week as well. All right, LEXI, thank you so much for hanging out with me today and talking about video games. I really appreciate.
Speaker 4: It anytime, GUB anytime.
Speaker 2: And thank you all for listening. Thank you all for watching. You're the best audience in gaming. Love doing the show, and we're doing it. We've been doing it a while now. There's a lot of episodes of this show, and every day I still wake up and I can't wait to do it because of you all. So let's keep it going. Hopefully see all at packs East. Until then, have a good one, take care of yourself.
Speaker 1: Goodbye,