Speaker 1: Remaining alive. Man like this man letting butterfly, flaven and wing.
Speaker 2: They've down in the forest.
Speaker 1: Man, it gonna cause a tree fall, letting five thousand miles away.
Speaker 2: Man, you nobody see. Nobody else might see that. You don't need no man, don't like you call another story and you got bacted like that.
Speaker 1: That was man got black and dag on the panic man matter manka all right, So somewhat similar to the episode with Kevin, this will be a shorter monologue. As I said before, I've been traveling right for political stuff, and so it's gonna take a little bit for the shock to allow me more time. Uh, monologues take more time than you'd think. I have to kind of outline my thoughts, and I got in at eleven o'clock yesterday evening just wrapped.
Speaker 2: Up with Pete.
Speaker 1: Will be a little shorter than normal. But as I've said, I went to the Old Glory Club OGC, big event right once a year, and as someone who's gone to more and more of these political conferences as times, as time has advanced, I just want to say it is the premiere dissident event, distant political conference.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 1: A lot of great guys there. It's a ton of fun, both on a political level, you know, hearing interesting ideas, hearing new thoughts, making connections, but also it's just a blast. And because it's such a blast, I am somewhat the worse for wear, So I won't keep you too long. If you want to support me, a few bucks a month, Patreon, substack or gum Road gets heat access to the episode early in ad free you're gonna start check out our sponsor, Axios Remote Fitness and Coaching. And without further ado, here's Pete Quinontas. All right, Pete, welcome back to the jay Birds Show.
Speaker 2: How you doing? Man? Oh good man, it's like I haven't seen in a while. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So to cut to the chase, you, me and a whole bunch of the other American and also foreign right wingers were out at the annual OGC conference, and so I thought i'd do a little bit of an after action report right, kind of going over it because most of your favorites were there, people in the organization and people outside of it, and you and I have been going to these things for a while now. I think it's my fourth in a row, and so yeah, i'd be curious to get your initial thoughts.
Speaker 2: Be much more laid back than years past, only because the way you had it set up was less speakers this year, so there was more time for socializing. Actually canceled some things so that people could socialize. Yeah, it was a good time. And you know, having people who you know, came in front out of the country, and you know, having people like Peter Brimola there and his son who I got to spend a lot of time with and talked to, and other people like that, it was. It was cool. You know, some people had to dip in speak and dip out, and you know that always sucks. But yeah, no, it was I thought it. I would say the only reason I thought it was better than last year was just because there was more free times to socialize.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean that was I think my takeaway as well, which is, look like there's a huge benefit to sort of rallying behind the flag, right that that can't be overstated. And honestly, some of the other talks were incredibly informational. Weirdly, we had sort of competing slightly competing views on Strauss and got two very high brow kind of philosophical talks. Ron Dodgson, a regular on both your show and mine, did a really interesting presentation on it, which like, Okay, sure, you know it's not as directly applicable as you know, a workshop or something, but it's really interesting stuff. And I agree your your general view of it that the socializing, the meeting and greeting thing is huge, because, look, you know, some of it is you know guys like you know, Harry Robinson, who I've been a fan of over the internet. He and I have done content together and you get this feeling like, oh, I bet I'd get along well with that guy, And after you spend two days together, you're like, eh, this guy's great. You know, we have developed a sort of friendship and a camaraderie that is really important because one of the big sort of themes that came out in these talks was like, how do we solve all of this sort of online bs, the sort of fractionalism, the infighting, and the conclusion that many speakers offered and was sort of proven by the event itself, is so much of that falls away in real life. Look, there are notable exceptions, we don't need to get into it, but when you're across the table from some guy. When you're sharing drinks together, when you're sharing food together, you realize, I mean, look, man, we're on the same side here. That sort of friend ship, that sort of social bond, it's really important, especially because look, we are both tied to the Internet and sort of victims of it.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 1: The Internet clearly drives people insane and pushes them into bizarre, radical opinions. And so I was thinking the whole weekend of the line Dave coined years ago, the purpose of the Internet is not to win the Internet, you know, it's not to gather the most clout. And I think that one of the things that these these sort of gatherings really accomplish is to be honest, quashing these kind of beefs and putting a face to you know, the profile picture. Now it's not you know, some guy you may be mutuals with. It's a friend, it's a brother. And Okay, that sounds stupid, because internet drama is stupid. But look, Pete, you've been around for long enough to see that completely kill institutions just kind of devolve into infighting. And one last point and then I'll kick it back to you. It's always interesting getting outside views on the ogc our project because generally, and okay, of course we're asking them, so they're going to be polite, but the feedback is incredibly positive. I'm not looking to speak for him, but Brimolo is incredibly incredibly encouraged by what he saw. Someone who's been in the space forever. God rest his soul. But z Man had very similar things to say a year ago. And you know, in that time there have been you know, certain difficult patches, but the organization has grown and seeming the quality is staying similar, and that's an encouraging thing to see someone who is not drinking the kool aid say that there's something positive going on.
Speaker 2: Yeah, just to bring up z Man, before I hosted a panel that was kind of an off the cuff thing of you want to host a panel kind of thing, put something together, you know, Redrock asked me to tost z Man. And remember that he was there last year and he walked away from there like yeah, I gotta I gotta get involved with us, and he was dead, you know, four or five weeks later, so you know, we honored him. I think the one thing that really helped this was that it's invite. We've gotten to the point where it's just invite only, you know, the people we want there who are from inside, inside the club and out are the ones who are going to be there, and it's not people who, you know, people who may be there to infiltrate, could possibly be there cause problems which we've never really had. So but you know, still as as we be, as we continue to grow, we see more lore being spun up about us outside of the outside of the you know, the group, because you know, people who are completely terminally online and you know, may not be married or you know, just basically don't have a life apparently just want to sit there and make shit up about us or listen to people who may not be in the club anymore who make shit up about us who you know, and then they just tend to believe that because somebody told me that on the internet. But once you do get face to face with people, and you know, there are going to be times when you when people's personalities just are not going to be able to connect, and there'll be disagreements about certain opinions, whether certain opinions should be said publicly, this and that. And I think that if you're reasonable people, and do you understand what the goal is, you understand what the you know, the direction you want to move in. You just push put those aside and you you say, hey, we got an enimated defeat now that we're looking at that's right in front of us, and you know, arguing over like inter denominational fighting or something like that. You know, we get we can put that, We can put that aside. You know, we could. I think you know the I think one time the president of the National Chapters called me is, yeah, we shall worry about we can worry about rehashing fifteen seventeen in one hundred years, but we got we got an enemy in front of us that wants to kill both of us. So yeah, let's take care let's take care of that first.
Speaker 1: No, definitely, And this is sort of a structural problem between the right and the left that there really are a multitude of different rights. Really the unifying factor, at least on the surface, is a certain amount of grievance. The kind of direction that America is going is not serving you or ip. We have a lot of things in common, but you know, you're Catholic and I'm not, and so we do have foundational level differences, right, things that are mutually exclusive claims about reality. And so yeah, okay, it's sure if we got to the point of my team versus your team, you know, worrying for America, you know, it might make it a little bit difficult to hang out and grab beers together. But we're so far away from that, and the Internet tends to amplify those differences, which again are real. In the face of a truly existential threat, you and I would not be able to live our lives as we see fit. That you really do need larger organizations, something that people can come to to find a sense of organization, to find a sense of camaraderie. And yeah, there's been a lot of fruit of that. It's interesting. I can't do it quite as much now. But when I wasn't using my face, I really enjoyed going to these because I was largely anonymous, right, I could listen and hear what people are talking about, and there's no oh hey man, you know whatever, there's no like people looking for you. And continually impressed by how often you hear schemes being hatched, right, guys who are conspiring together trying to get something done. You know, there were guys working on setting up a co op, right, a sort of a space that you know, they could have as sort of a you know, a clubhouse, you know, kind of similar to what you know, the VFW or people like that. Do you know this is something a model that's had a ment success in Europe, you know, look at costs of pounds, look at you know, other sort of institutions, and those are guys that were brought together by this thing of ours. And sure, you know that might not be the thing that saves America, that one co op or whatever, but it doesn't exist without that you know, kind of unifying institution to bring people together. One of the other things we've mentioned, Harry a couple times is that it's also great for bringing together the kind of far flung factions. You know, it just by virtue of being far apart. You know, you and I can't pop over to England to you know, patch things up, to stay on good terms. But we are co belligerents, right, We're fighting the same way. And you know, I sort of joked before we get started that you know, this past weekend did more to repair US UK relations than you know anything in the last fifty years, you know, you're able to you know, build those kind of genuine social ties that keep or that make it much more difficult to descend into that kind of you know, factional infighting than unfortunately, we see a lot. I'm sure you guys listening have been around through at least one round of the the europe US Great Satan debate. You know, Oh, you guys are ruining the world or oh you were you know, spineless cucks who you know, just turn over and take it and okay, sure there's maybe blamed partition, but much like the Protestant Catholic divide or you know, any other do we have the time to hash that out or is it particularly productive to And I think that that is what makes these sort of gatherings so helpful, you know, on every different level that we've laid out.
Speaker 2: Pete. Yeah, I think one of the most important one of the things I tried to relay when I was when I was doing my panel is that we talk about organization a lot, and people organizing, people organizing, people organizing, but the other term that we really need to talk about is networking, because you networking an organization are not the same thing. Putting people together who know how to do who somebody who wants to do something and somebody who already knows how to do it. Putting those two people together is probably more important than anything. And that doesn't even have to be somebody who's inside the club. As a matter of fact, in many cases, you probably don't want it to be somebody who's inside the club. You want it to be somebody who can exist on the outside, someone who may not worry so much, someone who you don't want tainted by some of the more public facing members of the club and some of the things that they say. They can be truly off the wall. Sometimes I have no idea who I'm talking about here. But the yeah, the once you yeah, you were talking about were like, oh you you spineless cucks over there. It's like, yeah, It's like, oh my god, I can't believe they're not slitting the roats in the street because of the rape gangs. It's like, motherfuckers, they literally told you you needed to get a fucking jab to take a death shot to keep your job, and you didn't do shit either. How many guns do you have? Maybe lay off of them? You know, you're know it's easy for you to talk about that while you know, they shut down the they shut down the country for a good year in parts of the country for longer than that, and then they you know, basically stole an election and then they you watched you watch these complete lunatics rampage through the streets for a whole summer and no one did anything about it. I mean, all right, we're all trying to figure out exactly how to deal with this going forward, you know, where we don't end up getting slaughtered, so you know, being able to get with people and get people's phone numbers, get people's emails, and be like, look, this is what we want to do, and you know how to do this, right, Yes, I've already done this. We've done this. You need if you need any help, you let me know if you need this, if you need that. You know, this is the kind of thing that we're spinning up. This is a kind of organization we're spinning up. How can we do this? We need help? What kind of help can you give? I mean, that's just networking, that's not even organizing. So just being able to bring people together who you know, may not even be officially become part of the club isn't as important as just knowing that that person is actually there for you if you need something. And yeah, I thought there was a lot of that this weekend I got I got a lot of I think we're able to bring a lot of people together and introduce people to other people who were Look, you want to do this, talk to this guy, They're already doing it. I mean it's very simple stuff like that.
Speaker 1: Oh one hundred percent. And even on the local level, like I think of you know, my my local chapter of guys and okay, sure, you know, like you have the explicit kind of club stuff, but uh, I mean, look, it's it's how I met the guy who like makes cabinets for me, which like, okay, that's a stupid little thing. You know, it's a very specialized trade. But all of a sudden, it's like, well, I don't have to go through Google. I've got a guy, and I've got to.
Speaker 2: Know I've always That's what I was saying in twenty twenty, that people needed to organize into groups to the point where it's like, oh, you need something, I know a guy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because clearly our enemies have that. However, you want to define our enemies. Right, they have an immense amount of institutions that do this for them, you know, that provide jobs that sort you know, people into certain tracks, especially in the kind of political landscape, a whole network of it. And we don't have that advantage, but you can build it. And sure it's nation, it's not done, it's not fully completed, you know. Okay, but uh, you know, something's better than nothing. I mean, even down to you know, I think of the guy who does cabinets. Well, he introduced me to a mechanic. Now he's my mechanic a guy can trust. And it's like, okay, you know, you bundle three or four of those things together. That's a huge quality of life thing. Right, You're building out a social network of you know, okay, sure, you know, you may not have the same confessional heritage, you may not have the exact same views. But once you have in your community, you in your general area, a handful of guys that you feel like you can trust, well that's a huge leg up. We spoke a lot at the event, and a lot of the speech is about you know, atomization, about the fact that you know, due to how big our country is, the Internet, that people are sort of scattered to the wind, and that's a disadvantage one hundred. It would be better if that weren't the case. It would be better if we still had a cohesive community, but we fundamentally don't at this point. It doesn't really exist for most people. And so the question is, well, accepting that fact, what do you do. You can complain about it. I've complained about it. You've complained about it, Pete. And that's useful, you know, on a psychological level, venting and also you're accurately kind of diagnosing the situation. But at a certain point it comes down to, well, if this, then what and that organization like it was theoretical for a while, and there are multiple organizations, multiple ways to do it. But uh, look man, uh politics is a team sport. Kevin Deanna said, all politics is identity politics. And at a certain point, if you're looking at present trends and saying, hey, man, this isn't trending in the right direction, well you need to get a tribe one way or another. And sure, you know what, if you have a great church, awesome find maybe that's all you need. But the forces a rayed against us are our legion, to put it mildly, so can you afford to say no to another friend? I'm not even saying that in kind of a be a self help way, but uh, you know, we're kind of strapped for allies at least initially. And I won't bring up numbers, but the club's growing growing quickly, and okay, sure, you know with that growth there comes you know, I don't know everyone in it. At a point I did, but that means that network's getting bigger. And we've already seen this happen. You know, a guy moves across the country and well, guess what, he's got guys to carry boxes. For sure, he may only know him from a group chat, but you know, again, better than paying some dude from the home depot parking lot.
Speaker 2: Right, Yeah, you know that's it was another one of those one of the best things I saw over the weekend. Then Kevin Deanna is a great dresser. He knows that address. But seeing him there with you know, with our habit asher getting suited up, you know, it was like it was almost like he was becoming one of us, like he was putting on the uniform, you know, and even though he may not want to join or anything. We know he had we had. He's there for us, you know, he said. He complimented me on on the panel we did about local politics and and what people are doing outside of the group as far as politically, you know, not officially as OGC because they're not allowed to do that, but what the way people are organizing. He said that, you know, it was great to see when you hear about wins, when when you when you hear about the great things that people are doing, and the just that idea that we now have, like because of people that we that we invited in who are in West Virginia, Pennsylvania, people from outside the club who were all over the country, that now they've able to see what we're doing and know what we're all about, and can now they can ignore the Twitter noise that you know that happens because you know, basically everybody needs to get online and be feminine and that need something to talk about. So everything turns into a sewing circle because basically that's what the internet is. It's basically gossip like a bunch of women. But I thought that one of the things that one of the main things that the talking about organization and truly showing how what we do, what we can accomplish is was showing that like the only thing that people like found the Internet useful for for the most part, was recruiting other people, recruiting people into the club. If you see someone, you may approach them, you know. I think we're I think we're at the point where it's don't call us, we'll call you kind of thing. And also that basically if you ask anybody who was like, how are you using the Internet to accomplish things to get wins, It's like, well, boomers, if you need boomer support, you put things out on Facebook, you know. And I and that was what like four different people said, yeah, we use Facebook for this too, you know, if somebody's running a campaign we need to hit boomers, we do this, We do that, you know. And then I asked the question I asked to end. It was, so, how much have you accomplished by arguing on the internet with other people? And those people said nothing, And it's like, oh, okay, there you go. It's all about it. Look, I get it.
Speaker 1: I've worked in dead end jobs where you're sitting in a meeting and you're like, all right, let's let's stir the pot.
Speaker 2: I get it.
Speaker 1: You know, I'm not going to take that away from anyone. It is fun, you know, it is fun. But you know, if you've accepted that, like all right, like we need to do something here, those are different buckets, you know, your personal entertainment and actually fixing this issue, we're two different things. I think. One of the other things that you know, these sort of events make you realize is a diversity of tactics. There are people doing different things, presenting themselves differently, who you know, on the surface may not be able to go as far as you are, you know, may not be able to say the same things that whoever your personal favorite radical example is. But again, these guys are on side when there are no cameras around, They're sitting at the same tables talking, They're saying the same things. But it's a witch. And just as you can't, you know, split something with the blunt edge of an axe, well you know you need that narrow edge, you need that entryway. And is there a trap to entry ism? Of course there is. We're not advocating for people to sacrifice all of their principles merely to get a position at x y Z Institution.
Speaker 2: But to say you, you know, you.
Speaker 1: Look to your right and your left on that spectrum and you're like, okay, okay, Like we're pushing the same direction. We know what's going on here, we know what needs to be done. And I think that a lot of that antipathy on both ends if oh, you know, you guys are edge lording, or oh why are you an optics cuck? Again, that's another divide that is bridged. One of the negatives. One of the real downsides of conferences like these is you'll make friends with people who live like three thousand miles away, like I hang out with like Thomas Wayne Riley, who was on this show not too long ago, who's a great time, like genuinly a great guy to hang out with, and then as we were wrapping up, we're like, oh, well, this sucks. You live halfway across the continent, you know, so I guess we just can't hang out till next year. Which, you know, if that's a criticism, it sort of speaks to, you know, the quality of the thing in and of itself. Also, I will say this is not the reason you should go. Everyone who goes is very generous. If you were not careful, you can end up stumbling back to your room. You will be handed large quantities of expensive liquor and many many cigars. Uh, just a hazard for those who end up making the trek. You will have to be on your toes or you will be unconscious.
Speaker 2: Many such cases. The it's yes, it is very social and and that is the points of it. The point of it is is it people. Sometimes, you know, people in our spheres may be a little tightly wound and they need to lighten up. I think people think that I'm like, I'm tightly wound, and it's like it's like, no, no, I do not need alcohol to do any of this. It's like I'm a yeah, I will speak my mind with with no with not a drop of alcohol in my body. But you know, I think that helps, and you know it is too. Yeah, to a certain extent, is like we've been people like us have basically been told we're trash for so long, you know, getting a nicely cut suit or drinking from a thousand dollars bottle of bourbon, or you know, smoking a cigar that costs you know, you know, as much what it takes to overthrow the island that it was grown on. You. It's nice for people to enjoy that kind of culture when people are when people are willing to share it with you, and it's not something that that should be this should be taken away from us just because you know, we are you know, essentially all pretty much from working you know, I know Thomas hates this term, but working class backgrounds in the historic sense of in the historic sense of the word.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And that's the that's the interesting thing is you see a very wide spread of guys, you know, like you have you have programmers, the independently wealthy and like blue collar truck drivers, mechanics, and you know, that kind of fraternal bond is great. You know, it's very easy to get you know, socially isolated into kind of your social class or whatever. And uh, yeah, it's it's good to get out, especially because one of the most kind of like efficacious narratives our enemies have is this idea that you are an isolated loser, weirdo that no one else thinks like you and only freaks disagree about X, Y or Z. And you realize that's not the case at all. Look like there are some of God's own prototypes there, I won't deny that, although at a decreasing rate every year, but you meet a lot of guys who are completely and totally normal, who are family men, who have something to lose by being here, and you think, well, why is that? Because it's important because the issues that you and I, Pete, and the audience as well have identified, well, they're not isolated.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 1: It's not just the product of a social media algorithm driving you personally insane, turning you into some insel weirdo. No, this is a problem, and it's a problem that other serious people have identified and devoted resources to solving, who said, like, no, this cannot continue. This isn't simply you know, a figment of my imagination. There's something wrong here, and I will do something about it. And that kind of psychological benefit of being surrounded by like minded people you can't be overstated. I'm lucky enough now to be in a highly dissident community. I don't say where I live, Pete, but you're aware, you know, even just the guys that live within a mile of me are heavy hitters. You know, it's a huge advantage to be able to walk down to a bar and meet guys who are, you know, on the same page as you. But I've lived in Blue America. I spoke with Thomas for an hour about my experience living in Richmond, Virginia, a very very different place. And when you're behind enemy lines, it's way easier to feel like you're a man on an island, right to kind of you know, crib the line, you know, standing atop the tracks of progress, yelling stop, all by yourself, just waiting for the mob to run you over. You realize it's not like that. And I'm continually impressed by the guys that are behind enemy lines, that the California Crew, the Pacific Northwest guys like honestly, I love the Portland Crew a ton. And again, those are guys who are shockingly outnumbered, right, even more so than we are anywhere. But you see that, like, yeah, there's a lot of people who think the same way you do. And they're not the sort of regime caricature. They're not bitter in cells freaks. They're normal guys. And yeah, I know it's kind of a squishy, feelings based approach to it, but I think it's one that can't be overstated.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was the first time I had a chance to meet some of the New York City guys and just you know, it's like I think I said it a few times this weekend, was you know, it doesn't escape me that some of a lot of our strongest soldiers are in California, Pacific, Northwest, New York, Chicago, because they have to deal with it every day, and they have to deal with it in ways that I don't, in ways that you don't, in ways that a lot of the chapters you know, who may look down upon them for their opinions, don't have to because they're insulated from the kind of thing that they have to deal with every day. And it's very easy to say, well, you know, they should just leave and go somewhere else, And I was the kind of person who used to say that, But no, I mean, the whole point of this is that you're if you're going to if those places are ever going to be livable again, and maybe you maybe we don't want them to be well again. Who knows, You're gonna need people there. You're gonna need people there putting in the work, and just knowing that those guys are there that yeah, you can if you do get stuck having to go to New York City, you have guys that you can hang out with who are gonna you know, apparently a lot of the New York City guys are Latin mask guys, so they're gonna grab you and drag you to a Latin mass. So the just knowing that they're there, knowing that, yep, knowing that they are sane people everywhere. And I think we're starting to see that more even with like interacting with just normies. But they a lot of the normies seem to be coming more and more slowly to our side. You, I mean, New York City, LA place we already talked about, maybe not so much, but basically what we the things that we believe are normal. They're like what normal people believed not long ago, and still normal people believe. It's just that when you have a complete, like full court press of no you're weird and outside of the mainstream by the government and the media and academia and you know, everyone that has a has power to create create the culture, you start to see yourself as being kind of odd. But you know, not to get in to use any terms like sensible centrist or anything like that. But I mean, we're pretty damn normal, and most of the guys that we deal with are pretty damn normal guys. You know, fifty sixty years ago, they would have just been seen as normal Americans. And that apparently that's become a danger to you know, journalists, journalists in Nashville and Portland and people like that. They see normal people, you know, the people who basically were outlined for attack and the authoritarian personality. We're a problem, and I mean, I guess we're just gonna have to accept that. Move on.
Speaker 1: So other I think sort of notable things about this one. Whatever your special interest is, aside from politics, there is someone there who knows more about it, and you will get really deep on a conversation. I talked with the dude for like two hours at the bar about old land cruisers and buffalo farming. I'm gonna be honest, I knew nothing about that. It's kind of interesting. Had another conversation with the dude about bowfishing, again something I didn't know anything about. So look, it's a bunch of guys unified by politics. There's a lot of that going on. But don't feel like this is sort of like a just a rehash of Twitter. You're getting to know guys as guys, right, You're breaking out of simply the kind of current thing discords and making connections right, human connections, which is again something that is very difficult to do on the Internet. I also think it's interesting to look at the trends over time. I wasn't at the first American Conference, I wasn't posting then, but I came around the second time very shortly after I started recording what four years ago, and it was really interesting how kind of furtive everyone was, you know, as there's this feeling of like, oh, you know, no one wanted to even you know, bring out their card to pay at the bar. Everyone is kind of hiding everything very very you know conscious and look like people are very respectful about identity. No one's looking for that. But to say, the attitude was very guarded. People felt as if like, oh, is that is this Charlotteesville all over again?
Speaker 2: You know?
Speaker 1: Is it like that famous clips when the Washington Redskins mailed out free tickets to guys with outstanding warrants and then you know, the curtain drops and the police are there to arrest everyone.
Speaker 2: It wasn't the only the Redskins that did that either, people are so fucking stupid. Criminals are so stupid.
Speaker 1: Yes, you can watch those clips and draw your own conclusions from them, no further analysis necessary, I think from you and IPEd on that front. But there was this feeling right that people were sort of waiting for the shoe to drop. And in the time since, there have been a number of changes. I mentioned that the sort of Sperg factor is lowering with each concurrent event. Again, you're aware there's some of God's strongest soldiers out there, Like you're going to get into maybe one or two conversations where there's an intro that was clearly memorized and then I guess the guy didn't really know what to go after that, but whatever, you know, it happens. But that feeling of being afraid is almost completely gone now guys are over and over again. I heard the refrain like, oh, I just feel so good to be around guys where I can say what I think, where I don't feel the need to. Is this the wrong audience or you know, to use the sort of you know, creative workarounds to say what you really think and being free of that is awesome. Like, look like, Pete, you and I have never been particularly good at hiding what we think, clearly based on our career choices. But I get it. You know, if you have a corporate job, you don't have that luxury. You know, if you live kind of deep behind enemy lines. And yeah, the ability to just be honest, fully and totally is huge. It's also kind of humbling because, as I said, not only is there someone there who knows more about your special interests, but you will very quickly realize you were not the smartest man in the room. At best, you might be around the middle of the bell curve. Probably not. I'm not speaking for you, Pete, but at least me sort of listening to these conversations and you're like, oh, I am a retard.
Speaker 2: Many many such cases on my part too. Yeah, I'm curious, Pete. Uh.
Speaker 1: Obviously there are fewer speakers than normal, But did you notice any any through lines in what the speakers brought up?
Speaker 2: I think one of the main through lines was, without actually saying it, was stop arguing on the internet and get the hell to work. I mean that seemed to be something that I don't think was even planned. I think there was one talk that was planned for that, but it seemed to be something that a message that resonated with everyone. I mean, it wasn't what I had planned to talk about when I got up there, But when I got up there and you start hearing what guys are accomplishing, and I mean I mean amazing. I mean we're not going to reveal anything, obviously, but amazing things where you're just like, yeah, you know, it's like, well maybe that might be a nice town to move to now because of what some guys have, what some of our guys have been able to accomplish. Yeah, it's like, I mean, you're I mean, just get off the internet. It's like, well, you know, I work a job where I have a lot of free time, so I can write a book to use the time more productively, look into just starting a five oho one to see whatever for a project you may want. There is no Basically, it's come to the point where being online and arguing and somebody who in the last twenty four hour, I've bet you know, I've posted on Twitter more in the last twenty four hours that I had did like the past two weeks combined, just because it was like I've had a little of excitement, but you know, nothing really important that I'm putting out there, but being online, I think, and I forget who may have actually used this term, you know, to to call out, you know, to harken back to coach k is a surrogate activity people are treating. It's become a surrogate activity for people like they it's an activity for them to do where they actually feel like they're accomplishing something. And like I've said, like I said from my panel, it seems that really the best thing to do for online is to be able to network and recruit and maybe find other people. But also you know that you're going to use it to reach people if that's something you need to do. I mean, Facebook is Facebook marketplace is an awesome place for if you have a business to have a service, to advertise it. If there's a political campaign that you're working with outside of the club videos, putting up videos and campaign videos and buying ads on you on Facebook. It is great because you're reaching older people, and older people vote in higher numbers than the younger people do. But yeah, it seemed like the through line through all of those all those was now it's time to get to work. You know, it's you know, we're either we're either going to do this, you know what is it. You're we're either going to get together and do that we're going to hang separately. I think that was what was the what was the motto of the the motto of the thing this year, either we we together or separately. Yeah, it was just it was like together separately and every and you didn't have to Nobody there had to be told what that meant, even though it's a truncated version of the original, the original terminology.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean I think that that is sort of a wide spread realization. Uh, speaking carefully about this, Uh, if you look at the unrest in Belfat, what was shocking about it was the organization, right, the level of operational security. You know, journalists were even aligned, journalists were being turned away. Clearly there was knowledge someone had done their area studies right to quib Crib something from Mike Shelby, and when the moment was there, people were ready. Now at the Jay Burdens Show, we disavow officially all violence. Don't do bad things. This is a pro good things channel. But that proviso aside, right, you look at that and you see how effective it is. Given the back and given the organization, something can be done. And you see that across the West that people are grouping together. You may remember a while back when Antifa killed that French teenager right working as security for a I think it was a Swiss feminist group, right, something relatively anodyne, but he got stomped out, and what was the reaction was an organized one, right. And if we look at trend lines for our nation, right, the ability to keep order, the ability to provide services, there are very few people that think that is getting better, that think that we are becoming more and more capable at keeping order this continent sized country. And so if you assume that, and I'm not simply talking about shall we say, kinetic solutions, I'm talking about very basic things that are currently socialized. You can depend on the government directly or indirectly to provide a lot of things for you. But if you look at our friends in South Africa who are ahead of us, if you look at our friends in Europe, who sure you know, they are still first world countries but have many of the same violence problems we do, well, how are those being solved. Are they being solved through official government channels?
Speaker 2: No.
Speaker 1: People have been forced to organize, and it's why I love talking talking to our South African friends and maybe selfishly, Pete, we should see if we can get conscious caricle out at the next one. Obviously you know he has. I haven't discussed this, and I realized it's poor form to suggest something like this live on a podcast. But just while I'm thinking, because we see people who have it from a certain perspective, so much worse than us demographically, economically, I mean, just on a safety level, right, you know, there were people there who have loved ones in South Africa, and to listen to those stories, it sounds, i mean, even by the comparison of certain cities in the American South, absolutely horrific. And you see like, oh no, they're doing it, They're making it. There is a path through that, but not on the individual level. It's funny. I've been reading for a discussion with James Pulos, The Moon is a Harsh Mistress Bey Hindlin, which is a good book, right, It's interesting speculative sci fi, part of his series of sort of taking a philosophical idea to its logical conclusion, right, Obviously, Starship Troopers the kind of final front of liberalism. This is a libertarian novel. And what's interesting about it, it's been years since I've gone back through it, is the whole thing is both motivated in a philosophy of individual anarchism, but to actually do anything, they basically need a system of top down control. The irony of course, obviously it seems like Highline is aware of it, right, but you see that, you know, whether it's in real life, whether it's in fiction. To solve big problems, you need organization. You can't simply live how you want to live and achieve that end. Something that came up in a conversation with Harry Robinson was a insight from Moldbug. We were talking about parenting. You know, he has a young child and the topic of peaceful parenting came up, and it reminds me, I've said this before on air of Moldbug's remark about libertarians that titarians think you achieve an Kapistan, you achieve a society of spontaneous order by acting as if it's already the case, And he says that's completely and totally wrong. If you're a libertarian, you should be a fascist. And regardless of what we think about Curtis Jarvin, the man formally known as menshus Moldbug, we can agree that's a salient point. Obviously, the connection to peaceful parenting is clear. The mistake of the woman trying to convince her three year old to put down the candy bar and Kroger is that she is treating this child how she would want to treat an adult, resolving issues by talking about it like, oh hey, Pete, you know I was gonna sit there whatever, the kind of minor things like that. And in each case it doesn't work. Clearly it doesn't work. And so regardless of what your ideal end state is, regardless of what your vision of based world is, well, step one is exactly the same. And you know, to go back to what we said earlier. In one hundred years, we can hash that out. And you know what, Pete, if you know you're kind of ideological descendants are tying me to a stick to set me on fire in one hundred years, I okay, fine, we can we can hash it out then, but uh, I mean, at least in the here and now, you're not trying to trans my kids, which is a very low barrier, and obviously you and I are friends, will pass that point. But you and I are aligned in the short to medium term. We want the same things regardless of whatever difference is. I'm deliberately using you and I because we have very few There are people much more different than you and I in this, and there will naturally be conflicts that arise from that. But uh, look, it is the solution. The question is do you want to be part of it or not? And look, there are other groups. There are other guys doing this. I know guys who are doing other organizations, ones that are not exactly the same as what we're doing. And if your conclusion is well, your thing is gay and cringe and I don't like you, but I'm going to do my own, fine, fair enough, we might disagree on that, but you can start your own with blackjack and hookers and all right, fine, someone will solve this. And I've long said I don't really care who solves this issue. You know, if the grouper solution is what gets us out of this, fine, I'll eat my words. But this is a problem that needs to be solved one way or the another. Sorry, Pete, that's a massive rant for me, but I'm curious to get your thoughts on it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I was just thinking about the libertarians so and so pipeline and how real, how real it was, And that was the problem that used to bother libertarians so much about it was exactly how real it was. And so you realize that, oh yeah, yeah, I actually do hold to these libertarian thoughts. But the only way we're going to get it is to absolutely destroy our enemies who think the complete opposite. But yeah, the I mean, don't you said so much there that I mean, I don't know, I agree, Yeah, what if? I yeah, I don't know how to how much more to? I just want to.
Speaker 1: Say, Pete, I feel like, in a cosmic sense, we need to recognize what four years have brought us the man who four years ago was infamous for responding to long monologues on his own show by simply saying, I agree that the tables have turned. H Now I'm the one who won't shut up instead of my debts. It's a joke, of course, but yeah, Pete, it's genuinely it's incredibly encouraging to go to these events because you see guys, even guys who've been there year after year, who are improving, We're getting better. I won't blow up his spot, actually I will just say his name. But even down to relatively minor things like you've got a ton of guys there who've in the course of the past four years, have you know, gotten married, started children, or had had children, started businesses, or even like my buddy Michael Pole, who apparently without telling one dropped like seventy five pounds. You know, he's like completely almost I didn't recognize I.
Speaker 2: Didn't write a guy either. I sat down and I was right next to him, and I was think I was talking to cap and and he he just taps me on the shoulder. He goes, hey, what's going on. I'm like, hey, how you doing? It's Mike Michael Pole. I'm like, where where did the.
Speaker 1: Rest of you go? Yeah, and look like I've it's it's it's impressive right on the individual level, but you see, like, oh no, like these ideas lived out improve your life, right, there's a certain academic pleasure to being right. I've taken my victory laps as I'm sure everyone else has, but it does matter. It's not simply academic. It changes your life one way or the other. And we love to talk about the sort of negative phrenology of this, right, you know the guy who went vegan or you know the guy who trooned out, the kind of before and after, But there is an inverse effect as well, right, And it's incredibly encouraging. But Pete, I've kept you here for long enough.
Speaker 2: Just no, no, no, no, no, no, I have to now I have to say something something that you said there. You know. One of the reasons one of the things that you've you became pretty famous for, and you may have been one of the first things you ever came on my show for, was to talk about how zoomers, uh, you just get basically shut out of everything. You can do a thousand You put out a thousand job applications, and you know you'll hear back from two You won't get it. You won't get the job. But it really does seem like the people that I've met in this especially over the last few years, who have adopted what we're talking about and what we're doing, have genuine really been able to break through that. It's almost like action leads by getting out there and and getting with other people and talking action leads to like uncancellation. You're like, uncancel yourself now you can because you've gone out there and you're not dooming on the internet and you're actually going through the steps of doing things in real life. Now you're making connections. Now you're one of the guys here in Alabama lost his job. This is like a few months ago everything, and we immediately were all like, just boom, what do we need to do? What do we need to do? What do we need to do? And within you know, like a couple of days, he's like, everybody relaxed. I appreciate it, but I already have a line to something else, you know, and that was that's not going to have Things like that are not going to fix themselves unless you're actually out there doing something. And yeah, I've fallen for it in the past that you know, you just get into that online doom scroll spiral, complain about everything, doom post go for you know, try to you know, own every lib and and you know and if or whomever it is, and you know, watching the guys, seeing what the guys are accomplishing, and how how many of these guys are doing really good you know, and especially since a lot of them weren't doing good just a couple of years ago. It lets you know that you're just the what is or used to say, the only way out is through, and you're just gonna have to break through it, and you're gonna have to You're gonna have to do something more than just just complain about it. And complaining is good. I mean, you have to get it off your chest sometimes. But if that's all you're doing, well, you know. Yeah, I can be accused of concentrating a little too much on one group of people, and but I've never said that anything wrong in my life, anything that I haven't been able to accomplish just because of them. No, but you accomplish things in spite of them, you know. I want to see this kid at Cornell. I want to see one of our guys like hire him and give him so that he has a life that it's just that five years he can come back and be like, oh, you guys tried to cancel me. Look where I am now? Fuck you? You know. So, Lord Miles started up a a gofund me for him, and I think people should try and look it up because it'd be nice if we could do for do for him, like what a what a bunch of let's say Ultima Americans did for Carmelo Anthony's family.
Speaker 1: Sorry, would call me off guard. I was going through the rollodex of what I thought you were gonna go for. Uh, actually it's tragic, but Metcalf's dad had the all time banger line of Watermelon Felon, which again is someone who's somewhat of a subject matter expert. That one caught me off guard as well.
Speaker 2: I saw that one too, and I was like, oh, oh, file that one away.
Speaker 1: He knows ball. It's the kid to say, well, dude, this has been a ton of fun. Genuinely. I always enjoyed the chance to speak with you, obviously, but it's way more fun right to sit down in person and you know, actually, you know, you get to really hang out, you know. And I will say that to anyone met your mutuals. It's great. You know a guy in a group chat, but when he's across the table from him, you really know. And the common experience with you know, the guys that the new guys that I just met, who I've been interact with on the internet for a long time you know Thomas, Wayne Riley and Harry Robinson as well as many others. You know the kind of group chat guys is that one they're exactly the same for good or frail, and two like these are good guys. It's worth your time, it's worth your money to take those connections off the Internet and bring them into real life. That said, Pete, where could people find you?
Speaker 2: Pekiana Showpie subsect dot com And yeah, thank you, always appreciate you. Sign Jayce.
Speaker 1: Specifically your series with Bagbee that I've plugged a couple of times on the sort of antebellum American politics what led up to the war between the States, is absolutely excellent. If you've been missing bagbee historical content, it is there and it is just as high quality. Actually probably this is the best of Bagbee. This is what he has devoted his life to and it it shows there's been a there's sort of the repeat thing that happens when you talk to bagby Pete or he will apologize for forgetting in an unbroken sort of stream of consciousness historical narrative like a character's middle name, and he's so embarrassed, like I don't know how I don't know this, and I'm listening to it, like that's your takeaway, right, You're embarrassed you can't remember this guy's middle name after rattling off fifteen hours of high end, well sourced historical content.
Speaker 2: Well, well, mister Bagbee is actually as podcasters like myself like me, and you will admit, he is the ultimate guest because you ask him a question and then you you get to sit back and learn and chill, and it makes the editing process so much easier.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, as uh yeah, well if I did edit, it would make it easier. This is gonna drive particularly the YouTube guy's nuts. But on the most recent episode with Kevin Deanna, there's a segment where he says, you know, and he's basically bringing up that there is a certain way in which you can attack Israel. It's completely fine, copasatic, you can say it everywhere, but if you say this about Israel and instead of cut it out, I just took that entire like fifteen second bit and just bleeped it out only for the YouTube guys, and so it's like it's basically it was perfectly time. So it goes and you can't say and then just sensor bar for the next fifteen seconds, Which is that the most elegant way? No? Is it really funny?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 1: And that is really the only way you can motivate me to censor something is either I will get nuked for this or it would be another way to show my audience how much I despise them. But in all seriousness, guys, this was great. Thanks for bearing with me on. I guess technically you won't notice any content disruption on the free feed, but the paid guys are like half an episode behind or whatever. Yeah, yeah, us paid guys. Yeah yeah, I think I've gotten the complaint I don't do enough for them. But anyway, in all seriousness, we'll be back to normally scheduled programming. Pete, I appreciate it, and everyone at home keep your head up. Well, I can't last forever. Good night,