Speaker 1: Lara Kane After Dark with Eric remembers the podcast You'll Dig if you like a genuine that laughs so big. Laura's a lovable lunatic with above so real. The story's a crazy the real deal. Eric's the talent the people with says he's kind.
Speaker 2: Hillary gets some kind of crass.
Speaker 1: Producer Claire runs the show super plaint nerd always in the note, we guarantee to make you laugh. Plus sure we're late uncle, you see belts and don't be late.
Speaker 2: Here we go, get ready our oh go, oh go.
Speaker 3: I love having a producer because we get to be produced.
Speaker 2: She whips you into shape.
Speaker 3: I love it.
Speaker 2: Thanks she never she never has to.
Speaker 4: Get on me.
Speaker 3: Okay, yeah not yet, or.
Speaker 5: She's maybe too afraid to so far, Well after what I have to say, she might be afraid anyway.
Speaker 3: Oh and welcome to Laura Kane after Dark. Thank you for watching live on Facebook. Thank you for watching live on YouTube.
Speaker 2: Thank you, thank.
Speaker 3: You on Instagram.
Speaker 2: Have you taken your porno class on TikTok yet? The dirty stuff you're not allowed to talk about?
Speaker 3: Wait?
Speaker 2: Hold on, remember we got you got us kicktok TikTok.
Speaker 6: Oh.
Speaker 3: No, I didn't need my TikTok class. Oh boy, I know I have to take some etiquette class to get us back on TikTok.
Speaker 2: She failed her charm school TikTok class.
Speaker 3: Welcome to Lauracane after Dark. I'm Lauracane. This is Eric River right, producer, Claire. What's up? How are you? How was your weekend?
Speaker 1: Good?
Speaker 3: Chill? I needed chill? You did you are a sleeper? You're a sleeper.
Speaker 2: I knew my sneep.
Speaker 3: Did you do a lot of that?
Speaker 4: Yes?
Speaker 3: Oh, good, good, good good? It was it? No, it was nice weather. It wasn't sleepy weather. No, it wasn't all weather sleepy weather. When you're a Claire, doesn't matter.
Speaker 2: It doesn't matter a funny oh cloudy Okay, your foot doesn't look like a Fred Flintstone foot anymore. That's looking good.
Speaker 3: It is, it's looking better. Doesn't look like a big baby foot.
Speaker 2: No, it doesn't look like a like you pedal your car with your feet.
Speaker 3: You should post feet and show everybody post.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you should do that on You should do that on OnlyFans.
Speaker 3: But you should be like, oh, it's just to update you. You should be like, cute enough. They're not cute enough.
Speaker 2: No, you should be like hel you horny guys, I'm retaining salt and look at how puffy my feet are. You would make a million of that because I'm boiling hot and le let me I better like adjust. Oh god, my alien boobs.
Speaker 3: Do you know those alien boob things that cover your nips? Yeah? I have those ones.
Speaker 2: I was gonna say, you'll be going to a lot of charm school classes.
Speaker 3: All right. The title of this podcast is the Tofu from Hell. Oh boy, let's get that out of the way before, because we have a lot.
Speaker 2: We have a lot. We have a special guest that I'm going to be calling. Okay with that, and let me just say this, Laura Kane, be very afraid, be very afraid.
Speaker 3: This might not be the night for that. Well, it's happening.
Speaker 2: It's stuff upper lip.
Speaker 3: I have something to show you. I have something to open in front of y'all because it's from our favorite place, Timu. And we'll see what I ordered. It's always mysterious. I never really remember what it is.
Speaker 2: I can't blame you for being on ambient and shopping.
Speaker 3: Like sing not ambient. I wish I know I'm not on ambient.
Speaker 2: I know that's why I said, I wish I could blame you for that.
Speaker 3: Oh, I know, I can't blame anything.
Speaker 2: No, that's the scary thing.
Speaker 3: I can't blame a dang thing that is for scary, just procrastinating and scrolling, scrolling, scrolling. But anyway, okay, so here's the story. I am not feeling good today at all. I feel really kind of h I feel well enough to be with you, guys. It's nothing that will spread, it's not going ages.
Speaker 2: Would boot grab help you try?
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 2: Does it do anything for you?
Speaker 3: And it made me feel a little bit better a little bit. Thank you.
Speaker 2: You're welcome.
Speaker 3: On Saturday night, I went to work and I did some stuff and then I came back and I'm like, I'm really hungry. I'm going to stop for some ramen mm hmmm, because that sounds really good. And so there's this place that opened up close. But I'm not going to give a name because I don't I'm not going to be that person. And I actually don't remember the name. But it's new in my area, okay, And I ordered vegan tofu ramen doesn't have the egg in it. It's like me so based and it has tofu and vegetables and noodles. I mean delicious, right, your go to I know, right. So I was really tired and I was on the couch and the dogs oftentimes will beg me for a little piece of whatever I'm eating, and I thought, tofu dogs, Oh no, not a big deal, that's healthy.
Speaker 2: Oh god, oh.
Speaker 3: I think our well, one of my devices just died. The Instagram Live just died.
Speaker 2: Oh my god.
Speaker 3: What should we do? We should put up We can't put up.
Speaker 2: Your phone, no, because I have to use it. Oh my god.
Speaker 3: I'll see if I can get it back anyway. Dang it, let me see, like it's dead.
Speaker 2: But well, once it gets the charge to it, it should go on, right.
Speaker 3: I mean, we try again a couple of minutes. Whatever I get home, I said it all up. My roommate Marie is sitting here the couch. She's working on and painting for her mother. It's really beautiful. And together we watch the show The Handmaid's Tale. We love it. We're in season six and that's our thing. So I sit over on that couch, lay out my food, start eating it, and I gave Elvis a piece of the tofu. Maybe two. I eat like they came in, like the slices. So I had maybe one or two and some of the noodles and a little bit of the broth, and then I'm like, you know it was It tasted okay, but I'm just like, I'm i'll finish this later. I'm just gonna lay down for a little bit and watch the show. So I'm laying down, and minute by minute, I start feeling more and more nauseous and awful, like terrible, and you know, like I had the thing where I was swallowing my own salide oh god, oh, because you know that's right when you puke, uh huh, and you know me, I won't puke. I will do and it doesn't make any sense because you feel better after, right usually, But no, I refuse you because I'm terrified of it, terrified of doing it, seeing it, talking about it.
Speaker 2: Anything she does, I hope I've Oh my god.
Speaker 3: So I sat there and suffered. I was suffering, but I didn't say anything to anybody, and I just was kind of la I was trying to watch this TV, but I was a little bit dizzy electrolyte. All of a sudden, it's not something awful, Oh, no, oh no. And Elvis comes walking by the couch, scraping his butt on the floor and then standing up and then sitting back down, and then scraping his butt on the floor, then sitting up and not knowing what to do.
Speaker 2: Well, I look over.
Speaker 3: His entire backside is brown and his usually his backside is white. Well, he over near Marie's bathroom. Here downstairs was a giant pile, and then came the runs the line, the drip drops, drip drops, drip drops all the way to the door. Now, poor Elvin.
Speaker 6: Poor he.
Speaker 3: I think he was trying to contain it because he didn't go upstairs, which I was thankful for because we have carpet up there.
Speaker 2: Oh god, he.
Speaker 3: Didn't really know what to do. So and I am like, again, miss close to puking because I obviously whatever we both ate was wrong, very wrong. I don't know how you can screw up tofu and me, so I don't. But oh my gosh. So I come over and start cleaning up this, and I am like going like this, and I'm rocking back and forth, and I'm like, I can't do this, I can I can't do this. I can't do this. So I scream up to Antonio, who's upstairs, who's in my room by the way, because remember I have we have a guest for a month. So I'm screaming his name. Nothing. He's asleep. It's like nine o'clock at night. So I go up the stairs and I just yelled at him. I'm like, can't I'm yelling every curse word there imaginable.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, I'm like, I need your help right now.
Speaker 3: I was screaming. I was an absolute animal. I was an animal.
Speaker 2: Oh so, are you going to get him a bread basket or something?
Speaker 3: I did buy him. I bought him something to do. So, just so you know, it didn't stop there. God, I said, I need help. I need your help so much. Please please help me with Elvis. Well, he can't hold Elvis because nobody can pick up Elvis but me, because Elvis will bite. So I'm like, okay, I'm starting to cry at this point because I'm just beyond it. Just put him in the shower. So I stick him in the shower and then I lay down on the floor upstairs next to the shower, and I'm trying not to puke myself. Anyway. He reaches I mean he's panicking too, because he doesn't know what he needs. Just woke up, so I can't blame him. But he reaches over for my really expensive, really good conditioner, takes a big giant pile of it and starts wiping his butt with it, and I'm like, here's that. Oh my god, it's and so I growbed the soap. I go threw it at him. He's cleaning the dogs, but I'm barely like living at this point. Poor Marie is just watching this all go down.
Speaker 2: Is she online looking for another place to look?
Speaker 3: Well, here's what I did, which caused me to freak out even more. I as I cleaned up the big pile, like I'm feeling kind of nause just talking about this right now myself with paper towels, and Marie's bathroom's right there, right, so I'm just like, I'm not going to throw this in the trash. I threw it in the toilet, which because I put too much paper in it.
Speaker 2: Well you're never supposed to put I know.
Speaker 3: Okay, don't go there, because this is exactly what harveyar did. This is I mean, Antonio, this is the mistake he made. So I said, you please, please help me toilet. I threw it and there didn't know what to do, and he goes, you put it in a bag, and and I'm like, you're an asshole. You are such an where we.
Speaker 2: Should have had a tub of popcorn and been sitting on that country. Well, I don't know, the smells might have soured like a live.
Speaker 5: Stream and the all clear night the next time this happens.
Speaker 3: Oh my, I was out of my mind. I'm telling you. I was sick as can be, trying not to throw up, and mad at this point, like at the incompetence and also being yelled at even though I know better. I know better when I was not in my right mind. So oh, he shot me the dirtiest look, so that maybe even more men. So I start saying.
Speaker 2: All sorts of stuff to him.
Speaker 3: Oh no, mean stuff like you didn't even put on clothes when your son came here tonight to see you for Father's Day. Oh boy, Like I was a monster, A complete and total monster.
Speaker 2: Anyway, I'm starting to rethink together when we're old. You know, I'm not like this because if I soil myself, it's gonna be a whole thing.
Speaker 3: This turned me. I was completely I was sick in the mind, body sold everything that damn crap I ate. The dog was sick. He was on the floor sprawled out after his shower, which she was sopping wet, and everything was wet.
Speaker 2: That's a whole another thing. Oh my god.
Speaker 3: So Antonio goes, fine, I'll sleep on that couch. I'm like, no, I'll sleep on the god sleep on my car. I'm like, shut up, go back to bed. I don't even want to see her face.
Speaker 2: But I know.
Speaker 3: Here's poor Marie.
Speaker 2: I think Claire's getting a case of hives right now, I really do. I think she's starting to break out.
Speaker 3: We should go. If Marie comes through the door, which I don't even know she's gonna come home again. I really don't, because the next day she didn't. She well, she has somebody that she's seeing, so she I think she was at that person sause.
Speaker 2: But she was probably at a motel.
Speaker 3: I really want to see her apology in her car, like, oh my god, no, she was just she was quietly, She's not saying a word, just painting and watching this all and go down. And so anyway, I laid there on the couch and then all day yesterday I was just so miserable. Oh it wasn't as bad as that night, because what I went outside to dry off Elvis because he had to shake off all the whatever.
Speaker 2: Half the neighborhood in your fright yard, going like, what's going on in there? Oh?
Speaker 3: But obviously whatever we both ate was started to come through me.
Speaker 2: Oh god, oh no, Marie.
Speaker 3: Sitting here where we sat on the podcast, and that's far from the door, right, I barked so louded viciously. I mean it was at I had no control over my body goes, oh, poor Elvis. Was that Elvis I could go as me And she's like, Oh, don't worry. Whichever way you have to evacuate, you need to get rid of it. I was like, that's so cute. You called it evacuate, Thank God. So not only that, I far in front of my roommate loudly and.
Speaker 2: Horribly, Oh my god.
Speaker 3: And then all day yesterday I was just like a blob on the couch, like so feeling gross. Better restaurant, No, I don't remember the name. And I didn't get in the car yesterday because I didn't want to drive anywhere. So I I mean, I'm sure I could figure it out online. But I I'm not gonna shout them out. Shit happens, you know. Uh, I don't know if I'm gonna pull on Eric Rimmer and like go online and do a yell, massive yell thing.
Speaker 2: Well, I don't know.
Speaker 5: Let me just tell you, but let me finish the story. Oh you go, because I got something for you today.
Speaker 3: I want to work, which is I felt much better. I didn't eat anything for breakfast because I just wasn't. So all I've had today is I had Oh, I had some crackers and this half of a protein drink. So I'm a little bit like shaky and weird, but I feel better. I'm better. It's it's out of me. How it went out the back end.
Speaker 2: Just you're curious, not out the front.
Speaker 3: End, because remember I don't do that.
Speaker 2: I know, but I'm I'm waiting for that.
Speaker 3: It would have been better, It would have been better, but I didn't do it.
Speaker 2: Boy oh boy.
Speaker 3: So that's the story. Oh. So today I had to go buy some food for the babies, and I saw this really cute shirt and on it it said dog dad And he's really attached to the black dog, and so I bought him a shirt, and I went up there and I said, I'm sorry. I really am sorry. I meant I meant it when I called you an asshole one time, but only one time. I didn't mean the rest of it. And I really really apologize. I'm I was out of my out of control.
Speaker 2: And did he did he wipe his butt with the shirt and throw it back at you?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 3: Oh, okay, No, he's very nice. Okay, he said I'm sorry too. Oh. Well, thanks, Okay, great, everything's fine. There's peace in the house for the most part.
Speaker 2: Thank goodness. Okay, order any tofu from a random.
Speaker 3: Well, there's so many good Roman places. I love Ramen. I'm not right.
Speaker 2: Have you ever been to Silver Lake? Ramen in Fashion Valley?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 2: Are you kidding?
Speaker 3: Hero? Norri Hero Noriri in Hill? Christ is really really good to this other one?
Speaker 2: Avoid avoid mystery plays like the plague.
Speaker 3: Anyway, So that was my super fun Saturday night and weekend. Before we get into you have various.
Speaker 2: Things, I have various things, But we have to call this person first, okay, because she has a life and well.
Speaker 3: Okay, can I open Should I wait to open up my mystery package? Yes, okay, we'll do that.
Speaker 2: But So on Thursday, when I was with my bestie Karen, we were trying to call Laura and Laura was not picking up. So Karen was here and I got to see her. And then Saturday night I went out with Julie and Bonnie, who were both here.
Speaker 3: Who are they?
Speaker 2: They are two very dear friends that I used to work with. And so we're gonna call Julie because you're your days are numbered Kine. Oh yeah, I know, but it's it's appropriate. We know. Hello, Hi, how are you good? How are you good?
Speaker 4: Now?
Speaker 2: Doesn't Julie sound sexy? She's very hot.
Speaker 3: By the way, Julie, you sound a little Marla ish.
Speaker 2: Well, she knows Marla through me.
Speaker 3: I'm much nicer than Marla. She does sound similar to Marla. She yes, like you're the the just the tone of your voice. Yes, So who are you? And are you are you about to tell me that somebody's climbing the ladder?
Speaker 2: Or well to people have climbed the ladder?
Speaker 3: So do you know about this ladder?
Speaker 2: Yes, so Julie, Julian and Bonnie know. So the ladder is. Marla is the Queen Bee. She I've known.
Speaker 3: Since besting number one and that's acceptable me.
Speaker 2: Laura clawed her way to second space.
Speaker 3: I'm number two and.
Speaker 2: Then Karen was number three. But I say that everybody is on the number one prong, which is bs to me, which Laura doesn't like. But now Bonnie and Julie have started climbing over bodies and they are on the ladder.
Speaker 3: We're just.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they are, so they after one, No, we're all going to idlewild. It really does. But the funniest part was, and I'm going to show you this on the air, I took a selfie of Julian, Bonnie and I. We went to Barbarella in Lahoya, which is fantastic. Oh it's so good. So we sent it to Marla because Marla couldn't make it, and she says, oh, have a seat. So so anyway, we had a great time. Julie gets up to go to the bathroom and she comes back and she's got her camera and she takes a picture of Bonnie and I. Now, this is the story of my life. So I came from work, picked them up. We went to the restaurant and Julie takes a picture. Now, so this is this is the picture that I took.
Speaker 3: Wow, So beautiful.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So Julian Bonnie, are I look like a grandfather taking his hot sexy granddaughters out for like a old So then Julie texts this picture, and I'm like, what the fuck happened? So there's Bonnie who looks like a hot, sexy blow up doll, and then famous yeah, and then there's me, who.
Speaker 3: You're wearing an SMOs like outfit.
Speaker 2: I look like I'm wearing bedroom slippers and a robe. I don't it didn't look that hideous when I left the house.
Speaker 3: It's all sweater.
Speaker 2: But then so I go, I look like I'm a lesbian who lives.
Speaker 4: In you know, Seattle or like Washington or or or I don't know where wherever you where is it the place that it's Alaska?
Speaker 2: Anyway, I look like I built my own house and you need to throw that away. And mind you, this comes up to the waist, so I'd like to know how it's to my knees right there, and how I have no shape in the back and no neck, no neck. And I showed this to a mutual friend and I said, what do you think of this picture? He goes, well, Bunny and Julie look hot. You look like a lesbian, and I'm like, oh, that story of my life, Like it's not let me tell you, it's not the first time I've been told that I look like a lesbian with a hormone problem, apparently with my full white beard.
Speaker 3: Julie, Julie, Yes, yes, Are you okay with being number five on the ladder right now? Number five? Yeah, I'm okay? Or don't want to be number four? And then Bonnie's five. Oh yeah, we can do that, okay. Yeah, for now, I'll set it for now here and then we'll meet and then we'll discuss our post on the ladder. I am not leaving number two. And we got to watch out for Karen because she is parents. Karen is moving up the ladder quickly and viciously, so he's not as good as a photographer as I am. I mean, that picture brought me laughter until like I couldn't stop looking at it. Please print it out and frame it or something so you don't ever ever lose it. If you lose your phone, oh my god.
Speaker 2: I was horrified. The rest of the evening. I was like, I don't think I'm ever going to eat again, and I'm going to throw out everything in my closet and buy clothes that are ten times too small for me. Oh yes, No, I just wanted to let you know that you're on the nights with Julia Bonnie well because all right, well we'll have to meet soon.
Speaker 3: Yes, I actually would appreciate that and would enjoy that very much.
Speaker 2: Just they're a freaking riot.
Speaker 3: Let me tell you, you guys are beautiful, and I'm sure you're all out of fun. Thank you. Okay, you ain't getting anywhere near number two. But that's okay, that's okay, it's totally fine, totally fine. We could still all get along. My nickname is s del so we'll see. Thank you for being part of the podcast. Love you, Okay, Marie?
Speaker 2: All right, Marie, will you come over here?
Speaker 3: Oh my god, I'm super ugly right now, but we need to talk about Saturday night. Can we just put Marie on Mike? And yeah, you want to just be on Mike?
Speaker 2: Okay, Marie chose.
Speaker 3: To block it out now, I want to know we'll talk, Okay, so wait wait for Marie.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 3: So I told them the whole entire story, the Elvis, the me, the yelling, the clogging of the toilet, the sickness, the fighting, and you just sitting here with your little project. Wait, I can't hear there we go, there, we go. Okay, So Murrie, Hi, everybody, Hi, I really really I won't to apologize for Saturday night.
Speaker 6: No, you know what, I'm gonna be honest. I was like, oh, thank you for showing me that it's okay to have a mental breakdown and in life, my go on, like I knew you were okay, but you were not okay that night, and I was totally fine, and that's.
Speaker 3: Really okay, okay because she weren't here the next night, and it freaked me out a little bit because I'm like, oh my god, I scared her, Like, oh.
Speaker 6: No, no, I think it's very very human thing to say, and uh, it would be very mean of me to judge you for that.
Speaker 3: And then.
Speaker 6: So as Laura, I don't know, did you tell them already? You tell them I am painting peacefully. And at that point we just see that I was gonna say, Eric Elvis is kind of dirty. So she's trying not right, and so she's trying to grab him or chake on him, and we understand that he got sick and pooped and all that, and so now she decides to just take him and clean it and all.
Speaker 2: She bends down.
Speaker 3: I'm not looking at here at part, and I'm like, oh, porting what was that him? And she's like, no, that was me. And then I got You're okay. She's like now, and then it's the word evacuate. Well you got evacuate something? Did I say that?
Speaker 6: Oh? No, yeah, because you were. You were getting worried and all that, and I said, I think you will feel better because he.
Speaker 3: Looked better after. You'll feel better once you evacuate.
Speaker 6: However, yeah, I was thinking through up to like everything is possible.
Speaker 2: Oh my god.
Speaker 3: Well, I'm just sorry that you had to hear me and Antonio fight because that wasn't okay. I want to apologize to him right now. I bought him a present. I probably would want you a present for Uh. I'm just for putting up with that. Oh no, it's okay. I did really didn't judge.
Speaker 2: You for that. I'm gonna say that, did.
Speaker 3: You agree with me? I agree with you about.
Speaker 2: What I'm gonna sayri Chanel Bag, Well, you bro.
Speaker 6: I mean, I'm not gonna clean everybody's dirty laundry there, but you did push the things a little bit like out of something. Oh, I totally And I was like, I thought that maybe there was something behind that I wasn't aware of.
Speaker 3: I was like, maybe they something happened in.
Speaker 6: The afternoon between the two of them, because you brought up like family stuff.
Speaker 3: Whoa, it's oh no, it was just me feeling so sick and.
Speaker 6: You needed and I totally get it you needed or would have appreciated some like em patty and understand ending and being like.
Speaker 3: And then I clogged a toilet and that was a huge thing. And that threw me off the edge because he gave me daggers. He just looked at me like I was the worst person on the for Marie, Marie, I'm getting older.
Speaker 2: Yes, and I think you and I should consider living together in our Willie Wankabad to watch TV because I I think if I even farted in the wrong direction, Laura would let me have it.
Speaker 3: Oh really, normally I'm very pleasant to live with. Yes, yes, yes you are. I mean, oh that's got bring it, bring it, bring it, bring it. Where do I start?
Speaker 2: And I'm getting.
Speaker 3: This is really easy to live with.
Speaker 6: She just sleeps like falls asleep randomly and like you need to be okay with that and be okid to find her in spaces and.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and you always know Meri, because she'll get the all eyes for they.
Speaker 6: The number of times and I tell her all the time, the number of times were I go down just to live my life. And as I come, she's sleeping on the couch, her phone under her ear with her alarms going on, like whoa, and I'm just looking at her. Should wake her up, I know, And then I go, Laura, and you know how like moms sometimes when you wake them.
Speaker 3: Up, like it's like they wake up from the dead freak out. She's like, what's on fire?
Speaker 2: Oh my god?
Speaker 3: Yeah I do.
Speaker 2: That is amazing present.
Speaker 3: And I apologize for that. It's really okay.
Speaker 6: I wasn't a mad or or traumatized about that.
Speaker 3: I've seen it.
Speaker 2: Well, I'm I'm traumatized just hearing about it. And so I'm gonna say that Marie needs a chanel bag. I don't know if you heard me before, but.
Speaker 3: Oh oh, maybe she was. I'm also realistic about her budget, you know, yeah, she knows, she knows it'll be it'll be fake, and she doesn't like fake things. Oh and that's nothing wrong with that.
Speaker 6: No, I do not expect anything. And whatever little district you had or a little gift.
Speaker 3: Like, I appreciate it. Okay, thank you, Marie. Do you guys have a good night?
Speaker 2: Thank you? Good go oh my god?
Speaker 3: Okay, all right, So should we get should we open it? Should I open up my mystery?
Speaker 2: Well?
Speaker 3: Or do you want should we go to double D?
Speaker 2: Or do you need I have a few I do. I need Claaria's help. I'll get Claire's help while I'm telling this story, okay, because it kind of goes in line with yours. So Claire, I daddy needed some nasal spray, and so I got at. I got Suita fed nasal spray, which it took me hours to figure out how to get the cap off. So you have to squeeze it and then twist it. But now I don't know how to get the spray out.
Speaker 3: There you are, I don't know how to get you can't figure is child? Have you googled it?
Speaker 2: I haven't. I don't understand the Google. It just says you're supposed to push and twist like this. You hold it and then twist, but the spray doesn't come out okay, okay, do you.
Speaker 3: Want I'll take it to my I'll take it over here.
Speaker 2: Okay, see what she can do? Right, because doctor Claire, who knows everything.
Speaker 3: You go to YouTube University. That's what I do.
Speaker 2: Oh I didn't they have they will?
Speaker 3: They have everything?
Speaker 2: Ever, I didn't think about that. So okay. So, uh, Saturday night, I come home from work and I walk in the door.
Speaker 3: Shut up, and she'd get it?
Speaker 6: Then?
Speaker 3: Do you want to see me? Score?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 2: How do you? How do you do it?
Speaker 3: You just pushed down.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, I was squeezing the bottle.
Speaker 3: You have to hold on.
Speaker 2: Oh my god. I was going to return it because I was like, it doesn't work.
Speaker 3: I want to know how long you messed with.
Speaker 2: This, Oh, for hours, squeezing it, twisting that stupid here. God, I thought that was just to take the lid off. Oh my god, I don't even talk to me. I don't even know. I'm so embarrassed that was on. Yes, Oh my god, Oh my god, Jesus, Okay, I'm just going to go home. Continue. So I come home and I opened my front door and I'm all, like, I thought I was gonna vomit. The smell that was in my home. It smelled like somebody overturned a porta potty that had been sitting out in the boiling sun for like a month. It I am not kidding you. It reaked and very rarely do what I even think about vomiting, but I was like dry heaving. I'm all, oh my god. So I turned because I'm like, where is that coming from? I look and both sides of my kitchen sink. I have a huge kitchen island. You've seen it. It's enormous, and both sides of my sink are overflowing black, oily stinky water. And I'm all, oh no, So I'm kicking the rug, I'm pulling like the dishes. Well, I didn't know at the time. It's I thought, oh my god, this is like full of poop. I didn't know it smelled terrible. So I'm I call my maintenance supervisor and I'm all, hey, both my and he's off at this point, like he's gone.
Speaker 3: From where somebody on call.
Speaker 2: So yeah, So I call him and I'm like, hey, both sides of my kitchen sink are like overflowing with like black stinky water. And he's like, okay, So and you know, you can't shut your water off because it's coming from somewhere else. So it'say, they're coming from the unit below me or above me, so shutting the water off is pointless. So he goes, all right, get a bucket and start just scooping the water out and dumping it into your toilet. And I'm like, right, So I hang up the phone, and I'm running around my apartment screaming at no one because I'm there by myself. I'm all, where's the bucket, bucket, where's the bucket, Where's the bucket? And then I stop it. I'm all, I don't have a bucket. I was like, I was like, oh my god, I don't have a bucket in this house. So I suddenly realize that I have under my kitchen sink a small plastic pitcher that I used to water the plants on my balcony. So I grab it and I start doing it. I might have well used a shot glass, because number one, I could only get like a certain amount into it, And of course I stick it in and it starts spilling over the other side, and so I'm all, oh my god. So I'm running back and forth with this, but it's dripping water. So there's water everywhere in my house. So I'm scar. He's like, I'm gonna send over one of the texts. So I'm literally like, oh my god, fifteen minutes have gone by, no one's come yet, and I'm like, oh no, So, oh my god.
Speaker 3: I get it down.
Speaker 2: I get it halfway down, and every time I even get near the sink, I start to gag. And I get it about halfway down on both sides, and it starts to bubble up. It starts to bubble, it starts to come up again, and I'm all yeah. So all of a sudden, I hear a knock at the door and I'm oh, come in, like you know, and I'm just like, there's water everywhere. I've got towels down on the floor. I've got paper towels everywhere. I'm fallen into the sink. So now they're soaking, wet and stinky. So he comes in and he uses the shop back and he just sticks it in there and he like sucks all the water out. So then he goes, oh my gosh, the shop back's full. I've got to go down and empty it. So he leaves, and now my toilet looks like a murder scene because it's just black water and spray everywhere. So all of a sudden, I run back out to the kitchen and it's all coming up again, and I'm all, no, does he know at.
Speaker 3: This point at all what's going on?
Speaker 2: No? So he comes back up and he's like, oh no, So he does it again. He goes. We called the plumber there on their way. The plumber was at my house until like nine o'clock, like it was a shit show. And my house reeked for like two days. Like when they drained all that water out of my sink, it was, I'm not kidding you, a hundred times worse. It was like I stuck my nose in a big pile of poo. It was so gross.
Speaker 3: Where did it from?
Speaker 2: The unit below me? And something backed up and I was like, is there bacteria in it? Because I was like, no, it wasn't.
Speaker 3: What was it black?
Speaker 2: I don't know, but it wasn't sewage, It wasn't what was it tar? I don't know what it was, but it was oily. It was gross. It was so gross.
Speaker 3: So then that was your Saturday night.
Speaker 2: That was my Saturday night. You and I have very similar. We had very similar Saturday nights. So then on Thursday, I was editing my photos for my website. It's about seven o'clock. I've got everything ready to download. Poof all, my internet goes out. My phone goes out, my internet goes out, and I'm all my laptop goes out that I was working on out. I'm like no, no, no, no, no, oh my god. So I look at my receiver and it's blinking red and I'm like, oh no. So I try to reset it. It won't reset. So I call and another person that probably won't advertise with us now. So I'm making friends at all the companies. So I call AT and T and I get I get a recording that says there's because you put in your zip code, and then they're like, oh, there's a outage in your area. The the I guess the destination is restricted. So the texts are having a hard time getting out there. This is all like an AI voicemail. Internet should be restored by one pm Thursday, and I'm all, oh my god, So what am I? So I'm watching my boss's adorable little dog, Winston, and so I look at Winston and I'm like well, so we climb into bed and we're watching DVD's old school like on the Blu ray player. So he's all curled up next to me. I wake up, leave the house a Thursday to see Karen and everything. I come back and I'm like, okay, it's got to be working by now. Still out, so I'm like okay. So I call AT and T back It's like, oh, it's taken much longer because of the restriction. It'll be back on Friday by one, and I'm like, great, Now I've lost two days of work. So Friday comes around and I get a text message saying it's not going to be on till five. And so I had people coming over to watch a movie. So I was like, is.
Speaker 3: That when you got on the phone with the customers.
Speaker 2: No, it was today, so we go, here we go. I was like, hair Buddy movie, I might be off hold tight. We wound up having it because it turned on around like between five and six. So today I get an email from AT and T that says we're so sorry about the inconvenience of not having your internet, and mind you, I couldn't do anything on my phone even with my even when I did roaming or not roaming, but Cellular I couldn't. I couldn't If I texted somebody most of the time, it would come back as non deliverable. And I couldn't send any photos or anything. And I couldn't do my work on my phone because you need to have it on your laptop otherwise the configuration gets all weird.
Speaker 3: So I had gone to a college shop.
Speaker 2: No, because it was too much to move. So because I had all the books open, I had my laptop, I had everything. So I call. I get an email yesterday from AT and T saying, hey, we realized what an inconvenience this is. We're crediting your account six dollars. That's what I said, Claire. I was like, are you kidding me?
Speaker 3: Why bother?
Speaker 2: So I was like, that doesn't even buy me a Starbucks like day. So I called today, Oh God, here we go and I get a lovely representative and I was like, hey, my internet was not out for one night, it was out for almost three. It was out Wednesday night, Thursday night, and most of the day Friday. So I had to get this done. I couldn't get it done. And I want to know how they figured out how I should just be credited six dollars. And she's like, well, there's this mathematical thing and they do by your bill and whatever. And I'm all, okay, well they're wrong, and she goes, well, how much do you want? I said, what's fair? I said, six dollars doesn't do anything, so she had to escalate it. So all I have to say is this, dear listeners and viewers and little family members here, if that, if that doesn't ring to Daddy, well how much is I don't know yet. They're gonna escalate it and determine it. Oh okay, see, and let me tell you. If they increase it to seven dollars, that's there's going to be another phone call coming down the pipe.
Speaker 6: The minimum you would accept.
Speaker 2: I was even going to I was like fifty.
Speaker 3: That seems like I was going to say that's fifty. I don't know.
Speaker 2: I was going to say, like.
Speaker 3: Thirty, I was in the thirty to fifty range.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I was just going to say fifty.
Speaker 3: I was in the thirty to fifty range.
Speaker 2: Because like I didn't have access to my phone either, Like there was nothing I could do.
Speaker 3: I would just wipe out a month, Like if I was a company, and I caused all that trouble. Yeah, for that all that time, I'd be like, okay, well we'll give you a month.
Speaker 2: Well and then the rep said, you know, She's like, I'm oh, sorry about that. This will never happen again. I said, well, this is the third time it's happened. Oh gosh, so please don't tell me is how we're going to happen again. So stay tuned on that. Guess what came in the mail yes, on Saturday.
Speaker 3: It is something exciting.
Speaker 2: Kind of It was my refund check from Hilton Hotels.
Speaker 3: Oh okay, what was the final total for the full amount of my stay? Even the night that you you got it all called? Yeah, good boy and a long time.
Speaker 2: Karen Fitch texted me and said she contacted I think it was her cable provider and they refunded her nine hundred and ninety eight dollars. So squeak, we all gets the grease. If you have any problems, you contact daddy. Daddy, I'll take care of it for you.
Speaker 3: This is a good lesson, This is a good yes.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you can be a little.
Speaker 3: Beyond it.
Speaker 2: By I'm a freaking delight until I get bad service, then it's game on.
Speaker 3: Well, no, you are right in that. That's what customer services for servicing the customers, whatever their needs. It's just, you know, it depends on who you get. Sometimes you get somebody who's not so nice, and then that's when this one.
Speaker 2: Oh, that's when I lose, When Daddy loses. Yeah, now, mommy, open your my okay, all my secret, your secret, bag.
Speaker 3: My bag, and then we're gonna get to.
Speaker 2: Dirt, and then we'll do the double d I know, we've got to talk about the whole globe a lot tonight. I think so shoes, oh in a bag? Oh okay, I've.
Speaker 3: Wanted some slip on shoes. These are cute, not bad, not bad. What do you think, Eric, Well, I don't you know what? You know what. I'm not taking shoe advice from you. These a little slip on fun to go to the store, go to the dog food store, run around and work.
Speaker 2: I hate backless tennis shoes.
Speaker 3: They're so convenient. What's wrong with them? You don't like seeing the person from the back? Oh whatever, I don't even care. I excited yeay finn Okay, the music. Let's get to the show.
Speaker 2: That was it? You only ordered one item.
Speaker 3: Yes, that's good.
Speaker 2: Okay, are you okay? I know, do you have a fever? All right, I'm going to start out with the people that Dine Clive Davis is dead at ninety four in New York City.
Speaker 3: I am, I'm sorry that he's gone, but wow, he lived ninety four. He was He was instrumental in so many artists.
Speaker 2: Yes, he launched the careers of Whitney Houston, Aretha Frank Clinton, Kelly Clarkson, Alicia Keys, Janice Joplin, Barry Manilow, Bruce Springsteen, just to name a few. And then James Burrows died at eighty five, and he directed Will and Grace. He directed Cheers. He was one of the co creators of Cheers. He was a huge director, television director in Hollywood, and he did some great movies as well. So that's but he was eighty five.
Speaker 3: So hey, that's my mom's age. Still too young.
Speaker 2: I know it's still too young, but anyway, continue it wasn't anything tragic. Madonna, the Madonna biopic is canceled after she and Universal clashed over budget. So she was quoted as saying, I've had an extraordinary life and that that should defend the extraordinary.
Speaker 3: Budget with her.
Speaker 2: So I was, what do you think, I well, love on.
Speaker 3: It's not gobs of money, yes, but she but it doesn't matter.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's universal and people would go see it. I mean the Michael Jackson movie made a ton of money, so I know people would go and see her anyway.
Speaker 3: All that's sad. Yeah, was that a girl from Julia Garner?
Speaker 2: Yes, was going to play? I think she was? Yeah. Yeah, So this is kind of juicy. Kevin Hart says that his ex assistant owes him this is a weird amount because after what he's claiming, I would be asking for way more than that. He's his ex assistant owes him fifty thousand for violating a confidentiality agreement. Misha Shakes, who worked for Kevin from twenty seventeen to twenty twenty. She did an interview recently with a blogger, Tasha Kay, and that's where Heart claims she defamed him. Heart received a call from one of Tasha's associates. Now she's an assistant, how does she have associates? Like, I'm like what? So from one of her associates asking for two hundred and fifty thousand to not air the interview. Misha claims the NDA was not valid since Kevin didn't comply with certain terms of the deal. She didn't say what, but that's all she's saying, so Heart said via statement, working in the entertainment industry, my livelihood depends in part on my reputation and the public's perception of me, particularly in light of the fact that I am involved in a number of family oriented projects. That sounds odd when I read that, I'm all doesn't have a lot of no, but so I went and listened to the interview because that's what I do for all of you. And so she's claiming that there is apparently allegedly like a sex tape that he filmed. Now he's married with an alleged affair or another woman. Ah boy, But it's just odd to say I'm involved in these family or oriented projects and the public's perception of me. I'm like, that was probably the worst thing you could say, well, other than like, Okay, I made a mistake. I'm sorry, it just sounds a little dude, Stay tuned, Stay tuned.
Speaker 3: Okay, Now do yourself a favor. Take out. Maybe there's somebody new you're dating and you want to impress. Maybe there's somebody you've been dating for a long time and you want to surprise them. Maybe there's a friend that you haven't seen in a while and you want to do something different. It's where the Old Globe comes in. This is a great place to see a show, a live performance. Three stages at the Old Globe at Babel Park. Such a legendary place. So many productions have taken place there, have launched from there, and the acting stage is unbelievable, and you can you what's great about the Old Globe is you can pick and choose which you can make your own little package season package. Now one of them you do not want to us. In fact, I don't know if you can buy tickets yet, but if you can, we'll give you the number and everything. But yes, it's called Oh my gosh, it's a musical. But if you're like I don't like musicals, this was written by the lead singer of Train, So this is it's going to be that kind of music, like really really good again again. It starts in September, but that's just Strider around the corner.
Speaker 2: It is here before we know it.
Speaker 3: We have some Shakespeare going on we do.
Speaker 2: We have the Ombres that's playing till June twenty first.
Speaker 3: It's okay, so it's already oversed.
Speaker 2: Oh yes, oh geez, okay.
Speaker 3: Birthday is Thursday, and I almost like my daughter's birthday.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, I can't screaming by it really is a measure for Measure is starting and it's here till July twelfth, and then north By Northwest is starting July third and is here through August second, and then we have Sierrah No from July eighteenth August ninth, and then rounding out the season as top dog underdog much ado about nothing and begin again.
Speaker 3: And then begin again September.
Speaker 2: So the number six one nine two three four five six two three, or you can go online too, Theoldglobe dot org. Did you like how I didn't do www this?
Speaker 3: Yes, I really did. And make sure you tell me that you heard it on Laura Kane Afterguard because that makes us look super cool.
Speaker 2: Just say her name, you know, it gets you in anywhere clubs, yeah, not even close airport lounges anywhere.
Speaker 3: But anyway, thank you for listening to us and being part of our family. I'm really sorry about Instagram if well, you can't hear me, but if you jumped on YouTube or on Facebook, yeah, that's the way things have been going lately. But anyway, we really appreciate you watching and listening after the fact, and oh my gosh, love.
Speaker 2: Your podcast, love you, thank you so much. Today that did not these they are my super Mario brothers.
Speaker 3: Cute, They're cute, They're really cute.
Speaker 2: I was. I was paying homage to our producer.
Speaker 3: I know, and she actually worked close to me, I know.
Speaker 2: Anyway, love your podcast, Love.
Speaker 3: You, my sweet baby. Bye guys, Bye bye Claire, Bye bye Claire.