Speaker 1: Good morning, good morning, good morning. Welcome, welcome, welcome. Here is time now for our community connection right here on King one, the one you trust. Yeah, the lovely miss Judy Williams is in here with us here from the Chamber.
Speaker 2: How are you doing, lady, Well, I'm doing great, Thank you.
Speaker 3: Well.
Speaker 1: We've got a lot going on at the Bartlesville Chamber of Commerce and all around Bartlesville. You brought almost like a you know, war in peace here with you.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I brought my little brought my little cheat my little cheat sheet, yeah, my little list here.
Speaker 1: Oh my goodness sakes. First of all, we have something that's kind of going on right.
Speaker 2: Now, right now, I mean as we speak, is hot topics at the Chamber, Uh huh.
Speaker 1: It's always on this day, last Wednesday. But coming up tomorrow we've got a pretty good size event.
Speaker 2: Yeah, tomorrow is going to be kind of cool. It is Know the Bill and that will be out at Tri County Tech. It's a free event. We ask you to register, and it's certainly not too late to register. You just can call the Chamber in and we can get you signed up. But Mark Haskell will be there to talk about downtown Bartlesville he does such a great job.
Speaker 3: We really appreciate Mark. He's a great guy.
Speaker 2: And then Chris Batch Elder will be there to talk about the BDA Bartlesville Development Authority and what's going on with that and maybe some new things coming to Bartlesville. And then Chuck McCauley will be there to talk about Bartlesville Public Schools.
Speaker 3: And that will be great.
Speaker 2: And Michelle from Washington Park Mall is going to come and talk to us about some of the new things going on at the mall. There's just some really good stuff happening there. We're excited about that.
Speaker 1: Malls across the United States are kind of reimagining themselves and they're coming to life again. And ours has always had activity, but I understand that. Well, we'll have to wait till tomorrow to find out.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Yeah, And that's it at Tri County Tech.
Speaker 2: It's a free event and again you need to register, but you can call nine one eight three three six eight seven zero eight and a register today.
Speaker 3: Plenty of time to do that.
Speaker 2: And then coming up April to ninth, this is another big event is.
Speaker 3: The Day at the Capital. Day at the Capitol.
Speaker 2: We that is when we load up the charter bus and go to Oklahoma City to the Capitol. We will interact with our three delegates there, Julie Daniels, jud Strom, John Cain and John b And and so that'll be exciting and it's always just a fun day. There's a guided tour to go through that day through the Capitol and and of course you have lunch and you will probably meet some of our other high officials there and that will be Uh. I've only gotten to go one time. Oh my goodness, it was wonderful. We met with the governor and had a wonderful lunch there, and then you interact with your with all the other people that go on the bus home, and there's treats and snacks and stuff like that.
Speaker 3: But it is a it's a great event.
Speaker 2: It's sixty five dollars and there's room still for a few more people to come and go with us at day at the Capitol. It's a wonderful event. You learn a lot about our legislation, our legislators and what they do.
Speaker 3: You'll get to see some of.
Speaker 2: That in action, and it's really a wonderful event, very very very a great learning experience. So you won't want to miss that April sixteenth is Women in Business that will be at Hillcrest Country Club. This this has just been such a wonderful event. We do it seven times year, it's on a Wednesday, it's always at Hillcrest, it always is lunch, and then we have a speaker and we give out door prizes and it's a wonderful way to network with other women in business in Bartlesville, and.
Speaker 3: So we are excited about that.
Speaker 2: Our speaker this time will be doctor Rebecca Eastam, and she will talk about the art and science.
Speaker 3: Of one on one meetings and.
Speaker 2: So that is that will be a great opportunity to learn that and just hear what she has to say and be able to incorporate that into what we do on a daily basis when we meet customers, clients, and other business leaders in the community. And so that's a good event. It's twenty five dollars for lunch.
Speaker 3: The thing about this this will.
Speaker 2: Be our last Women in Business for the season until September, and then we'll start over again in September.
Speaker 3: So I'm really hoping that.
Speaker 2: You'll take advantage of this opportunity to come out and meet some other businesswomen in the community and just have a great time at lunch. So those are some really fun things coming up. But wait, there's more.
Speaker 1: There's more.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Our Classic Golf tournament is going to be May twenty ninth. It's one hundred and fifty dollars per player, six hundred for a team of four.
Speaker 3: That will be at Hillcrest.
Speaker 2: It is just a wonderful opportunity to meet with other put a team together with business leaders in the community and come out and play golf. We have room for one hole sponsor left and that is always fun, tom because you can set up a tent if you want and have an activity for the team to play and give away, maybe give out some water. It'll probably be a nice, warm day and it will be a great time to just meet with other business leaders in the community. Scoreboard sponsor, we have spot for that. If you want to be the scoreboard, you would have your company logo on the board, your company logo in all the event promotions. You're an opportunity to have two players in the tournament and you can put your promotional items in the golfer's goodie bag. That's always because we put a goodie bag out in each two per golf cart and so that's kind of fun. Speaking of golf carts, then we have the golf cart sponsor and you have your logo in each in every golf cart displayed on the golf cart windshield, and then your company logo and all the event promotions and the opportunity to have two players in the tournament. So it's a wonderful opportunity. It's always fun, and we have lunch at the country club and it's just a and it's a great course to play.
Speaker 1: It is it truly is get some sunshine and get some pressure, and get some exercise, and you get to meet up with some potential.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, a lot of potential, a lot.
Speaker 2: Of potential, and you know, I think, and then of course we're going to talk about the gala in just a second. Two.
Speaker 3: But that's the thing about the Chamber of Commerce.
Speaker 2: It is just such a wonderful opportunity on many of the different levels.
Speaker 3: You network with other business.
Speaker 2: Leaders in the community, and that's always wonderful. We can help promote your business. But I think the biggest thing for me, the biggest takeaway always is you collaborate with other business people in the community to make Bartlesville that wonderful place where we love to live, work, worship, go to school, do all those things that make Bartlesville a real unique place. I had a lady come in my office yesterday from actually from Edmund and she was doing some other things and she had never been to downtown Bartlesville and she walked in and said, oh, my gosh, this place is beautiful. You have the most beautiful downtown. And I said, yeah, I.
Speaker 3: Know, we do.
Speaker 2: I mean, I guess I should have said thank you, but I didn't. I said, yeah, I know. And it's kind of like that. We we like that. And and it's and one of the things about downtown Bartlesville, and not just downtown, but like the mall coming coming in and all the new things that are happening here in the industrial Park and all those things that that we collaborate and make Bartlesville that wonderful place to live, work, worship and play.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 2: Yep, it's a neat. It's a it's one of the kind. But but wait, there's more. May fifteenth is our annual gala that will be a Thursday evening.
Speaker 3: That's it's a big deal. It is so wonderful.
Speaker 2: We it will be at at Hilton Inn and the Hilton Garden Inn in downtown Thursday, May the fifteenth, six pm, the doors will open and there will be check in, and then that six point thirty the program begins and the program will be obviously they'll be dinner and it will be wonderful. But we will have awards for different community leaders and so those will be presented that night, and it's always a wonderful time to be able to honor those people.
Speaker 1: Wow, that is great. It always is.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it is. It's very elegant.
Speaker 2: And I don't know if we have the women in our office that really put that together, Sherry and Tessa and Kim. They do such an incredible job of organizing that and making it special. And we always have such a wonderful turnout, and so I hope, I hope that our business people will come. And if you are not a chamber member, I would love to invite you to become a chamber member.
Speaker 1: It's a great introduction, is it is.
Speaker 2: And and we would we would love to have you be a part of what we do for Bartlesville and the surrounding area. It is the Bartlesville Regional Chamber of Commerce, So it is it's more than just downtown. It's around Bartlesville as well. And you know, we have members all we have members in from Independence, Kansas. We have members from Awasso and Tulsa, and I think we even have one from California.
Speaker 3: It's kind of cool.
Speaker 1: Well, that's not bad.
Speaker 3: That's not bad at all, not bad.
Speaker 1: You know a lot of the folks from Coffeeville and Independence, they come here to do the business now, and it's the business they do. Is appreciate it. They come here absolutely everything from the Christmas in the villa to any other thing we've got going on.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they do.
Speaker 2: And and because it is a beautiful downtown place. It is a beautiful when you drive in on seventy five from those places, but it's still a wonderful place. And so and we can provide those things. And now with what's going on at Washington Park Mall and then the other places that where people can shop and things you know that out on Adams and seventy five, and I don't know, it's just a great place.
Speaker 1: Well it is. There's a light to see, a lot to do. There's also a lot of history as well.
Speaker 3: Isn't that the truth?
Speaker 2: That lady that came into the office yesterday. I went over some of the history with her yesterday and and you know, things like plastic being invented here and and oil and all the things that Nellie Johnstone and all the things that are Bartlesville are, Frank Lloyd Wright Building that you know, just so many things that in Bartlesville are so you know, and that.
Speaker 3: You would expect from a big, big city. But what is that.
Speaker 2: I've heard Bartlesville called the littlest big city that I've ever been to. But I've also heard it called the biggest little city I've ever been to.
Speaker 3: And so it is all of that and more.
Speaker 1: And more and some great people and some great people. I want to thank you, Miss Williams for being here with us today.
Speaker 3: Thank you Tom