Speaker 1: A lot of them, fundamental Cristals, I loved lats and any individual loss. This is the show. Oh right, everybody, welcome to your one book show on this Tuesday, October seventh. October seventh, two years since the massacre. All right, so we're gonna be talking about October seventh. We're going to talk about what happened over the last two years. It's meaning, its significance. I know I've covered this for two years now. Literally in October seventh, twenty twenty three, I went live as soon as I heard what was happening, although I think at that point had no real sense of the magnitude of what was happening. That took days to really to really realize what was going on. But since then we on the Iran Book Show, I've I've gone live with breaking news as Israel has been bombed by Iran, as Israel has bombed Iran, as was broken out across him. At least I've covered it here and and you know, you've kind of heard it all for me.
Speaker 2: So I'm not going to try to recreate all of that.
Speaker 1: We're going to try to draw kind of the big lessons, try to look at what can we learn from the last two years and the big scope of things, uh, and what is what does the future look like? As we speak, negotiators for Israel and some islamis states and and Ramas meeting in Charle Micheer, Egypt, and I guess negotiating a some kind of resolution to the war in Gaza. It's it's ironic or I'm not to what exactly the term should be. But well we'll talk about that. You know what what is what is actually being negotiated and and what should be the way in which all of this gets gets resolved. Of course, if you have any questions, the super chat is available. You can ask anything about anything, but including about this. You can also, of course support the show. This is a show that is supported.
Speaker 2: From with contributions from you.
Speaker 1: There's no other source. You guys make it, make it possible, and so I encourage you to support the show. If you value what I've been doing over the last two years in covering the events post October seventh, please you know, support the show today to show the value that you place on it. Value for value, I do my thing. You listen, you watch, many of you support, some of you not. Yet we're getting you there, all right, says we all know, you know. October seventh, two years ago, started at six thirty am in Israel with basically hordes of Palestinians crossing the border into Israel in trucks, on motorcycles and in paraguliders. They attacked some military bases along the along the border, but mainly their attacks focused on villages on keep Ut Seem close to the close to the border, including a small city still Ort just two kilometers from the border with Gaza, killing as many people as they could, taking as many hostages as they could, slaughtering, butchering, raping. Maybe the most horrific scenes or some of the most horrific scenes of horrific scenes everywhere. Well from the music festival, there was happening kind of in the middle of the desert, not far from the border with Gaza, where hundreds of Israeli young Israelis were partying, and where as the sun came up and the celebrations were ongoing, paragliders were seen in the sky. They landed, and we've all seen the scenes of just butchery, slaughter, rape, torture that ensued. The savagery that day I think is unique in modern times in the sense that I mean, this is the kind of savagery that human beings have been engaged in against one another since the beginning of time. This is the way wars used to be fought, This is the way people behave towards one another in past centuries. There's nothing in essence, there was nothing unique here. But what was unique is that this is the twenty first century. And not only is this the twenty first century, this is all filmed, documented were twenty first century tools. I think this is the first time people in the West were exposed directly, visually, viscually to the kind of barbarism, of barbarism again that has been part of human existence, human life since the beginning of humanity, but here it was broadcast of the world. Here it was people who thought we now lived in a civilized era, sitting at home on the internet on their phones what's happening or whatever, and flooded with images of rape, torture, murder, slaughter, just the worst kind of barbarism that I think many of us thought we had left in. Suddenly decades in the past and centuries in our past, and you know what you got was not just the rape and torture and horrors of the killing, but you got the responses of the people doing it in real time. The glee, the pride, the joy, the satisfaction that these monsters took with what they were doing. They were enjoying this, they were relishing this. This was them acting out virtue. I mean, there's the famous phone call of the guy saying, hey, mom, dad, I killed ten Jews today, and the father expressing pride in his son, and go to What's up And you can see the videos what ex Ober seventh really demonstrated. And you know, and you saw this in the in the well come home that many of these people got when they went back into Gaza with the hostages, thousands of people out in the streets, tens of thousands of people out in the streets and a number of different locations in Gaza celebrating, chewing, real joy and happiness being expressed across the Gaza Strip among Palestinians. And remember that the killing, the rape, the slaughter, the butchery was not committed by Ramas Hamas led it inspired it promoted it Tramas and Islami Jihad and the other servist organizations. But much of the killing and the rape and the pillaging and the torture was done by just regular people who came along for the ride. They had heard that the morning had been successful, and by afternoon they were pouring across the border to go join in. The quote fun or October seventh illustrated, and anybody who doesn't get this out of October seventh is blind and has blinded themselves. Is the nihilism, the share evil, evil that so many Palestinians exhibited, the share evil and nihilism that is the heart of the Palestinian cause. The Palestinian cause is not about a Palestinian state. The Palestinian cause is not about some kind of dignity to the Palestinian people. The Palestinian cause is the cause of destruction, destroying Israel, killing as many Jews as possible, driving them into the sea. It is about rape and pillage and murder and destruction. It is a nihilistic cause. That is its fundamental nature. It is a hatred driven by absolute hatred in the name of It doesn't really matter Islam rivet to the sea, and of course river to the sea means know Israel. And it's not that they are driven by some postcolonial, colonial settler ideology. They don't know any of that Western BS terminology. They are driven by a religion and an ideology of sheer hatred. It has nothing positive but their own fate, their own lives, their own success, nothing. It is motivated exclusively by hatred of the enemy, motivated exclusively by the desire to destroy, by the desire to rape, by the desire to pillage, by the desire to kill. And that's what they did at the music festival. They murdered close to five hundred people, all young kids, the teens and the twenties. So what should have happened after October seventh is.
Speaker 2: That the world should have woken up.
Speaker 1: To the true nature of the Palestinians, of what they've been taught, what they've studied, what they believe in, what motivates them to action. That the worst type of jihadis the worst type of terrorists. But it's not just a few hundreds of them, thousands of them, tens of thousands of them. What should have happened was that the West should have come to realization that this cause that the West had been supporting for decades, this cause was ultimately an evil cause and even if there was something there somewhere in its history, and it being so perverted, so distorted, so dominated by even nihilists, by Islamists who came more about killing than about living, that the West should have withdrawn all support from the Palestinians immediately, from the Palestinian cause, from Palestinian statehood, and told Israel, encouraged Israel to crush the Palestinians, to defeat.
Speaker 3: Them, to eliminate this nihilistic ideology from amongst them.
Speaker 1: But that, of course, is not what happened. I mean, equal to the shock what literally happen on October seventh, the savagery of it. Equal to that is the immediate response in the immediate aftermath of October seventh in the West, and primarily at universities across the West, I mean, at Harvard University, twenty student organistas with sorry thirty it was a thirty country on how many student organizations Twenty or thirty student organizations put out a letter on October eighth, after seeing what had happened, it's support of Ramas, its support of the Palestinians. It was followed by professors at universities across the country expressing support for what they had just seen now, of course, with the whole theoretical baggage that they brought to the analysis of the situation to justify barbarism and slaughter. It was followed by student demonstrations, not against the Palestinians, not in support of Israel, not to in support of the elimination of this nihilistic evil, but it's support of the nihilism, its support of the slaughter, and in opposition to Israel. I mean, the left, basically the progressive left, the fall left lust all credibility. I mean, maybe maybe you know, Woke peaked and DEI is in decline and ESG is in decline. But the left just committed itself to the Palestinian cause, rallied around the Palestinian cause in spite of what happened in October seventh. Maybe because of what happened on October seventh they viewed as as an inspiration.
Speaker 2: Is double down on the cause. Double down.
Speaker 1: On these views h and has.
Speaker 2: Completely lost touch with life.
Speaker 1: And and and UH and and anything anything positive in the world. And by doubling down on the Palestinian cause has basically embraced nihilism as the ultimate goal. The left has revealed itself for what it really is, the nihilistic core.
Speaker 2: At its root. And you can add to the left.
Speaker 1: Because at the end of the day, they are the left, you know, the the anarchist libertarians who who just drip with nihilistic hatred of Israel. It's just not even they are so they despise Israel so much. I mean, so, you know, the left has revealed itself and it's it's you know, the position in Israel beyond anything else is you know, beyond redemption. It is completely insane. It is completely insane. I mean some well honest some so what happened and became realized that their progressive friends were insane supporting an evil ideology and and and became strong advocates of Israel's right to defend itself and protect itself. But so many and it's only grown. Right for the Palestinians has only grown over the last two years. It's only increased. It's only increased the longer this war has lasted, the more Israel acts to defend itself, in spite of the fact that no army has ever fought a war in a built up in a built up area with fewer civilian casualties. As this war, Israel is blamed for every casualty, It's accused of genocide, it's accused of the most horrific crimes, when it is the victim defending itself and doing much more than it should, much more than is rational, much more than is mael, to try to protect the civilian population of Gaza. Remember the civilian population of Gaza that's celebrated the slaughter, that celebrated the hostage taking, and that is shield the hostage take cares for two years. That is the civilian population that could have helped end this war months and months and months ago, but instead has chosen to stay loyal to Hamas, to stick with them, to stick with their representatives. But people can't see that. Over the last two years, we've seen the Left become more and more anti Israel. You've seen the Center become more and more anti Israel. You've seen governments all over Europe become more and more anti Israel, to the point where where in honor, I guess, in recognition of October seventh, political leaders of Western countries and now recognizing a Palestinian state, to reward the Palestinians for their courage and bravery and slaughtering Jews. From day one, Western political classes have basically exhibited unbelievable tolerance towards Muslim demonstrators and rioters who have come to the streets of the West celebrating the lolistic barbarism of October seventh. And instead of viewing this with horror and fear and reevaluating what they are doing and their approach to the Muslim to the Muslims among them, and to what being taught at the universities, most Western countries have taken this with you know, a shrug and mostly tilting towards the demonstrators and appeasing them. So instead of condemning these demonstrations, condemning these mobs, the West has appeased them. Recognizing a Palestinian state is nothing but appeasing the mobs who support October seventh. So the response in the West has been by the political class, by the elites, by the people in power, has been a slow drift. If it started out as being supportive of Israel, it's been a stow but steady, consistent drift away from Israel in support of the barbarian Wow. At the same time, the barbarians are in their midst. Barbarians are right there. They're in the streets of most Western countries. They're in the streets of the capitals, warning them, telling them what's coming, and the West chooses to ignore the threat coming from the slamest hordes. The right started out in support of Israel, but just like the left, and just like the people in power, the right is slowly systematically drifted away just to the way from Israel, and even the people who still nominally support Israel, Donald Trump, for example, do not support it fully, do not support the aim on not embracing a solution. I mean the common peace negotiations going on in charl Micher, negotiations, of appeasement, of compromise, of selling out, of emboldening the Islamists. Isauela one has won an amazing military victory, primarily in Lebanon, Syria, and he won, and yet it is asked to accommodate the worst elements in the ISLAMI the worst elements in the Islamist world, to forgive ramas, to give them amnesty, to allow them to continue to live.
Speaker 2: There will be people if this steal that.
Speaker 1: Donald Trump wants is allowed to is allowed to is actually a signed, which I doubt it's going to happen, but if it is, there will be rapists and murderers who are going to say, okay, I give them up my arms for now, and are going to be allowed to walk free. And at the same time it is expected to release it's already released hundreds hundreds of murderers, is expected to release some of the worst murderers in Israeli history.
Speaker 2: And replenish the.
Speaker 1: Numbers among the terrorists and the murderers and the nihilists, replenish them with fresh blood straight up Israeli prisons. This is the deal the peace maker Donald Trump has come up with. And of course what we've seen is just the sheer antisemitism of some on the right, and the extent of it. Israel is a focal point now of that anti semitism, whether it's on the libertarian right left I don't know what to call them, or on the Tucker calceron Candice Ow and right on the Magga right. There's always been elements of anti Semitism on the right, but it is blossomed and flourished and grown and expanded using Israel as an excuse. Sober seventh is now brought forward the anti Semitic left, the anti Semitic right, and the appeasing middle, and that is the West. The West today is composed and an anti Semitic left, anti Semitic right, and I'm middle that is eager to appease. There are some exceptions, the Douglas Maris of the world, but they are unusual and they are rare, and they are exceptions. And of course, it seems that one emotion dominates in the West, and that is fear of Muslims. Fear is how otherwise to explain the attitude towards these demonstrations, these riots, the threats, the promises of bringing Sharia law to the West, the promises of bringing October seventh to the West. How can one explain the attitude towards Muslims in Europe? If not fear, how does one explain the attitude towards Muslims in the Middle East? The respect and the respect granted, the Katari's, yeah, buy this administration, this fact granted. The Saudi's who, Yeah, they're they're trying to become more Western. Yeah, It's still true that there was there was no free speech in these countries. There's no freedom in these countries. There's no there's there's nothing Western about these countries except for the money. I mean, Katara Yui Yui's getting the most advanced ships from Nvidio in Nvidia, as if they are best friends, as if we can trust them one hundred. The West thinks they can lie with the Muslim world and this will make it stronger. This has to make us weaker, It has to position us for a weaker with dangerous future. And yet it is these Arab countries, these Muslim countries that the Trump administration is busy trying to appease, trying to please, maybe because they gave him a four hundred million dollars, Yet I don't know. And the US, it's probably better than its Western European allies, who are just falling over each other to appear on the good side of the Muslims. Islam is not perceived as a clash of civilization and not perceived as an enemy. Islamism is not a real threat to the West, quite the country. It seems Western countries are falling over each other to appease them, to accommodate them, and instead of the Muslim will viewing the West, we have bigger weapons. We are stronger, we are richer. We in the West fear the Muslim world appeasement, appeasement, appeasement. In that sense, the world is as Christian as it comes to another cheek. Love the enemy. Yeah, they just slaughtered and butchered and and killed and and and uh and raped and pillaged. Yeah, but you have to be able to forgive them. Forgiveness, right, forgiveness. That is the key. That's what Donald Trump wants as well, to do with Ramas. Forgive, forgive. This is secularized Christianity on steroids. So Octobas eventh has revealed the West. Some of us knew this already, given the response to nine to eleven, but it's revealed of the West is weak, appeasing, and hateful, hateful towards its own Jews, towards Israel, and really it's self help hate, hatred towards itself.
Speaker 2: And again remember this is left and right.
Speaker 1: Anti Semitism is bigger now than it's been since World War Two. Hatred of Jews is bigger now than it's being since World War Two. Why because Israel is strong, Why because Israel can defend itself. Why because those Jews they're rich, and successful. How can that even be so they cannot be allowed? What about Israel since October seventh? I mean, the one thing Israel is exhibited in truly stunning fashion is current is courage and resilience and a willingness to fight gen Z.
Speaker 2: Israeli gen z. They're not go whimper in their rooms.
Speaker 1: They're not go hide in the mother's basement and play video games. They put on their uniforms and they went to fight. Some of them did not come home.
Speaker 2: I mean, Israeli military is exhibited.
Speaker 1: Brilliance and a capacity to fight, a capacity to win, a capacity to survive, in spite of what I would argue, the political machinations that undermine their abilities and just war theory dominated by again appeasement and caring more about your enemy than yourself. But Israeli young people took c up their responsibility and went eager to defeat the enemy. Now it's two years in and they haven't done it yet, although they've done a lot, but that's because the political class did not allow them to do their job. But it's only in spite of war for two years, in spite of the fact that the Israeli military is the large extent composed of reservists who have to leave their work, so they're not productive, they're not producing. Israel has survived this, Its economy has survived, its military has thrived, and it is It has reshaped the Middle East. It is defeated Risbella in Leven and in a way none of us imagined. I certainly didn't. I always knew is Or could easily defeat Risbela. I said this in the days after October seventh, that they should open a second front and take out Risbela immediately. It took them longer than I would have liked, but they did a spectacular job. Minimal fighting, the beepers, the bombing, the killing of Nozraala amazing, amazing, amazing, amazing means stunning. Uh. You know, the campaign against these Milan, the campaign ultimately against Ivan, will be studied in military colleges for decades to come. These were truly brilliant military achievements. They surprised everybody. And by the way, even in Gaza, how many times were we told, well, they can't go into Gaza city and Marames will destroy them. They're going to Dieza city and Hamas doesn't do anything. They can't go into Rafa. There's no way they can go to Rafa. Israeli military is not ready to go into Rafa. They don't know what it's like urban warfare. They're going to be decimated. They're going to Rafa and they succeed. I mean, one of the things this war and the one Ukraine have taught us, or should teach us, or should have taught all of us, is the complete incompetence, ignorance of a class of military commentators on American TV who have no clue, really no clue about war. You think they're all ex generals and ex this and ex that. You think they know something completely ig ignoramuses, completely ignorant, incompetent. I mean, is Ya can't fight a two front wall, Oh my god, can't take on the Iranians. The Iranians are a powerful military is or will be crushed. How many times did we hear all that over and over and over again? So is All militarily has been brilliant, just being brilliant and as again reshaped the Middle East. I mean, on October seventh, Iran had its dominant position in Nagaza to Hamas controlled Lebanon controlled Syria controlled Iraq, controlled Yemen. It was the Middle East power. Everybody was afraid of it, including the United States. Everybody was skate of the Unions.
Speaker 2: Today, Iwon is a shadow of its former being.
Speaker 1: It has lost Gaza, it is lost Lebanon, it has lost Syria, it still has Yemen, and it's lost its capacity to project force. It's lost this nuclear program, it's lost thisstic missile program. It's a shadow of itself. Now it has a chance of resurrection, because God forbid, we never let Israel actually finish the job, and we don't actually let them win. That is a speciality of Donald Trump's not to let Israel win, not to let Israel actually defeat the enemy, so that the war against Iran ended too soon. Uh, there's plenty of reason now to believe that the Russians and the Chinese maybe are re arming, re arming them to the hilt. So is all relativity did amazing courage and and and and and here I'm talking about not just the strategy, the brilliance of its generals, the competence of the Mosada. I mean the intelligence. Really intelligence agencies just again studied for generations how what they did and how they did it in Iran and in Lebanon, but also the Israeli soldiers, just just the soldier, the kid, it's just out of high school, the eighteen year old who's putting on a uniform and putting on a gun, and and and and and is is now sent into Gaza. Done a phenomenal job. And one of the great injustices, one of the great travesties, one of the great evils in the world out there is blaming these kids for quote, genocide, when sadly they put their lives in danger to avoid killing too many civilians, which is horrific in it of itself. But beyond that, Israel has not done well. It has handled the military, it has handled the economy, but it's Raeli society and Israeli leadership, and here it's political leadership have refused to take responsibility. Folktober seventh, have refused to say the buckstops here. I will not let n'tagnielle off the hook for as long as I live or as long as he lives. It is Natania's policy for fifteen years before October seventh that made October seventh possible. It Isna Daniel's willingness to let Katari and Iranian money flow into the Gaza strip, let Hamas build the tunnels they knew. Israeli intelligence new. It is Natanio's conviction that Ramasa turned a leaf and was not peaceful that made October seventh possible. In Aniao's weakness time and time and time again from two thousand and five until October seventh, twenty twenty three, time and time again, attacked by Ramas and appeased by Antenniel government, his refusal to go to war, his refusal to defeat the enemy, and it is a no matter what he does and how well he performed after October seventh, he is responsible for October seventh happening. Not to take that responsibility, not to even acknowledge it, not to apologize for it, not to repent for it. It's disgusting and despicable power lusting politicians who can never, never ever admit to being wrong, so taking responsibility. We still don't know all the intelligence failures on that October seventh, all the deployment failures, the inability to respond on that day, from Niteniao, his government, his Defense secretary, the leadership of the Israeli military, across the board, there was a massive, massive failure. It cost the lives of twelve hundred people. Now, just to give you a sense, twelve hundred people for a population about ten million in Israel. Multiply that by thirty five, so you would have close to forty thousand dead in the United States would be the equivalent of what happened October seventh. So yeah, it is you know, the Israeli government's resistance to having a any kind of inquiry, any kind of any kind of attempt to figure out what happened, what went wrong, and who is responsible. I mean, the cover up is just unbelievable. And the fact that Israel we're allowed to happen is unforgivable. And of course Israel today is dramatically divided. The hostages became the number one priority, and we're allowed to become the number one priority and encouraged the hostages to become the number one priority. It is why again there are negotiations now to end this war. Instead of the complete and out of destruction of Hamas, the complete and out of humiliation of the Palestine is the defeat of the Palestinian cause should have been the goals of this war. Freeing the hostages would have been a good thing, but could not be at the same level as victory. And the consequence of that is being a war. This lasted two years when it shouldn't be, should have been three to six months. The consequence of that is the negotiations we're seeing right now, which are real travesty. And what we're seeing in Israel is a real divided society, society divided around the willingness to appease in order to get the hostages back. All right, So you know, whatever happens is your share is hard to tell. Whatever happens with these negotiations, it's hard to tell. It's how to tell what the motivation is of Ramas and the rest of the Arab countries. You know, the West is we can now visa of Islam than it ever has been. Israel is stronger, The West is weaker. The West has shown itself, as it did after nine to eleven, to have no values, no commitment to principles, and an complete inability to stand up to the Muslim world and to stand up to barbarism. The Western world has proven that it is ready to Capuccilli, to surrender. Israel is the one fighting force out there. It's the one country actually fighting, It's the one culture actually dedicated to surviving. Is should be celebrated. It should be supported unequivocally. The West should be competing with one another. Western countries a new support is moree should be treated with red carpet as taking a real blow to the enemies of the West. Ukraine is fighting, but fighting a slightly different war, and it is celebrated by the West. Israel is hated by the West while it is the only one fighting a war which will ultimately could determine the fate of the future of the West. It's war with Islamism. You know what does this say about the future? I mean Israel In spite of my negativity, Israel comes out of this no matter what happens, in cause it comes out of its stronger. Israel will be stronger when this is over than it was in October seventh, October sixth.
Speaker 2: Israel will come out stronger.
Speaker 1: It will come out in the Middle East that is going to be very hesitant, very hesitant to mess with Israel. It's going to come out of this as a player, as somebody to be respected, held at arm's length. It could come out of this with more peace deals. Not that I trust any of these peace deals, but with more peace deals better than being at war.
Speaker 2: It will probably the.
Speaker 1: Result of everything that's happened will probably be decades, a couple of decades of relative peace in it. Ramass finished one way or the other. They will rebuild, they will be recreated, They will re establish themselves, but it will take a long time. The Palestinians, particularly those in Gaza, are demodelized, not as much as they should be, those in the West Bank not so much. And the next problems Israel is likely to face in the West Bank, but these are going to be relatively minor problems. Again, there are world and the Muslim world, particularly Iran, have been weakened dramatically. Israel will come out of this in a pretty good condition, much better than any other Western country comes out of this. The West, more broadly, comes out of it in much worse, comes out of this in a position of weakness, having just appeased the worst enemies. Now. Ultimately, the response to this will be and is the rise of a far right in Europe, which is building its campaign on standing up to Islam. I don't think that'll be good for Europe. I don't think that'll be good for the West. I have no idea what's in the future of America. But anti Semitism is not going away. It's not going away. I mean, you saw Megan Kelly. I don't know if you saw Megan Kelly. Megan Kelly has been going around justifying her friendship will Tucker Carlson and pretending she doesn't know anything about Candice Owned but expressing some friendly, you know, some friendly feelings towards her. This is Megan Kelly. Pretty mainstream, mainstream Republican anti Semitis are not going anywhere. Anti Semitism is now a feature of our society on the left and on the right. Anti Semitism in Europe will only grow. And while now it is primarily from the left in Europe and primali from Islam, the right will we well remember it's anti Semitic roots, and it will come back on the right as well. So the victory of a right in Europe it's not going to be healthy for the Jews in Europe. The Jews will have plenty of reason to celebrate the victory of Israel because it'll be the one place they can escape to which is the whole purpose of the state of Israel is to be a place where Jews can escape to. So Israel will do fine. It will survive this. It's the fact fact that its enemy is a weak and pathetic and nihilistic and but lacks anything, lacks any production of values, and lacks any source of values, lacks any any abilities. Makes it so Israel can easily defeat them, and has defeated them at a huge cost. But has defeated them because Israel has basically in outline a fairly good economy. It will survive, even though it's going to be mo istolated diplomatically and economically by the West. But it is it is Israel's bought some peace, and that's good. One thing that I think remains. I really think October seventh should remain a litmus test pretty much forever. People will not condemn it, people will not express support for Israel in its fight for survival. Your people worth writing off. That is evil right there. To be on the side of good, it's to be on the side of Israel here on the civilizational battle between the West and the barbarians. And to be on the side of barbarians, that is pretty evil, and when you see so many, it's got to make you worry about the fate of the West. Israel will take care of itself. It's the rest of the West I worry about. All right, thank you for letting me vent. I appreciate you all being here and supporting the show over the last two years, as I've covered this story quite extensively, I think and often live. All right, let's see if you'd want to support my coverage of the war in the Middle East and my position on Israel and October seventh and antisemitism and everything else, please use the super chat or use stickers to express that support. You can also go on Patreon and become a monthly supporter for the Ion Book Show Patreon dot com. Just put in your on book show and it's pretty easy to sign up and become a supporter. But again, we have we have kind of targets for the for the for the shows, for the live shows, so please consider helping us get to those targets. You can do so with a sticker. Thank you Cook for that sticker right now, And thank you Greg Earlier and and John Bales and Roberts and and Dan. Thank you guys for the sticker. A lot more is needed. We're way off our targets for today, so please consider your support, providing that support UH and UH and expressing through that your appreciation for the values that I'm producing. Let me also mention a few of our sponsores. UH. Hand a Shot Wealth is a sponsor of this show, hand a Shot with two teas. Wealth dot com slash y b s is where you can find information about a product they have that can defer and actually dramatically reduce your capital gains tax liability. So if you have capital gains, significant capital gains, like if you sold a lot of appreciated stock, or you're about to sell a company or just sold a company, you can there are ways in which to legally really shield your gains from capital gains taxes, at least for a long time. Check out the interview I did with Robert Handershot on my playlists on my YouTube channel, and if you find it interesting, it's under the sponsor's tab. And if you find it interesting, then check out the website that I mentioned Handershot, Wealth dot com, slash support slash ybs. That institute is reminding everybody that they've got an aftershock essay contest top price twenty five thousand dollars. The deadline for that is October thirtieth. To submit, you can get information about the essay contest, about how to submit, about what the what the essay, what the requirements are of the essay, and all of that. You can do that on iinrand dot iinrand dot og slash dot here, iron rand dot org slash start here. And finally, alex Epstein is the leading voice out there on issues relating to energy. Energy is a huge issue right now. You know, forty percent of the GDP growth that we're experiencing right now is a consequence of investment in AI data centers, in these massive, massive, huge UH server farms they're gonna that are required for AI that is going to require massive amounts of electricity. Where's that gonna come from? How's they gonna be handled? How's they gonna be dealt with? You want to know more, learn more about that, check out alex Epstein dot substack dot com, uh and the best most educated voice out there on all these issues. All right, again, just a quick reminder support the show with your questions, your stickers, and on Patreon adult com. Let's see what do we want to do, Hu, I want to get rid of that, get rid of this. All right, let's take some of your super chat questions. All right, Robert, you cannot watch the ten seven videos or video of nine to eleven and rationally believe this is what we must understand, tolerate compromise with. I mean, you obviously can now you can't do it rationally. You can do it honestly, But so many people indeed have That's exactly what they took from this. We must we must appease these people somehow, We must remedy their injustices that have we inflicted upon these people. Somehow, these people, somehow are the good guys. Somehow people do that, people have done that, people are still doing it. Uh, No honest person, I think and look at those videos and say that, No honest person can look at those videos and say there's anybody here even to talk to. But you know, just look at Greta and the flotilla, and and Greta having the the the audacity, the gall to accuse Israel of torturing her. She was tortured, she was treated badly, poor Greta. I mean they should have I mean, my view is they should have let the flotilla land in Goza, and and they should have sick fromas on them and seeing what happened to those people, it's just despicable, despicable, and they they hatred, hatred of Israel ultimately to some extent, is motivated by hatred of Jews and the hatred of their own civilization. The hatred of themselves, Greta and all her compatriots on this flotilla is just so blatant and so horrific and so disgusting. It truly is, truly is horrible. Regiev is a I and it's right to use all of miss Rand's work immune from the legal issues between doctor Peakoff and Kira. Have the highest respect for doctor Peacoff. No, I don't think I don't think there's we are. I don't think Ari is immune from any of that. If you missed the first hour, you can rewind. And beauty of the Internet is it's all there, all right, Jennifer says, guess what. Rush has announced a tour for the next year with a new drummer. They may add a couple of more musicians to help them with the difficult parts, with the different parts not difficult, different parts. We are planning to go to Cleveland September twenty twenty six. Very cool. Wow, September twenty twenty six. That's a year for now. Very cool. Congratulations to Jennifer. I know this is huge for you. I know there are other Rush fans out there. Enjoy, have a good time. Yeah, go go go enjoy. John. Young people do nothing about the history of the Middle know nothing, no, do nothing about the history of the Middle East conflict, and easily buy into the Palestinian victim narrative.
Speaker 2: How can we break through that hotshell to reach.
Speaker 1: The young It's very difficult because the hard shell, in the end is not just ignorance of the history, because when you teach them the history, it doesn't seem to but they don't budge, it doesn't change. The hotshell is altruism. The hotshell is altruism. I mean, for some people it's hatred, people like Dave Smith and the Libertarians and Tucker Kussen and Candice Own it's hatred. They just hate.
Speaker 2: But for a lot of young people, it's altruism.
Speaker 1: They've been taught over and over and over again, and primarily by the university professors, and this is why there's a sense in which the response at the university level should have not been a surprise.
Speaker 2: They've been taught over and over and over again.
Speaker 1: That it's all about oppressor pressed, it's all about success and failure. It's all about you having to relate to the victim. It's all about the victim being the good guy, almost by definition, the good guy, and that's very odd to break through. I mean, you have to offer them an alternative. I mean, if they watch the October seventh videos and that leads them to sympathize with the Palestinians, because the Palestinians have the poor and the suffering and Israel has such a powerful army. There's no facts that are going to change anything. It's all about all about altruism, and that's the battle. That's the fight, that's what we're all engage in. If we can't win the battle around altruism, we cannot win West and Sieve cannot we cannot protect Western civilization against its enemies. You know, the young feel guilty for living in such an opulent, prosperous place. They don't understand where they all came from, and they feel guilty for it as they should if they're altruists, and their parents can't teach them otherwise, because their parents might not be quite as bad as these young people, but their parents altruists too, and so their political leaders and their cultural leaders and their religious leaders. As long as altruism is everywhere, it's impossible to change the minds of people, well, not impossible, very hard, because it's not about the facts. It's about who's on the top and who's at the bottom, who's being oppressed or who's poor, who's rich, who's successful, who's a.
Speaker 2: Failure, And by being a fake.
Speaker 1: Automatically virtuous, you're automatically the good guys, non elite runner. Thank you for the twenty dollars sticker. That's his first super Chat ever. Thank you, thank you, Thank you. Really appreciate that we're slowly chipping away at our goals, but we're still quite a bit off from our first hour goal, and with of course get going into our second hour and now and not a lot of questions. So if you're going to support the show, now's the time to do. If you're going to ask a question, now's the time to do it. I meccott. Last two years we saw humanity chewing on or excusing a death cult in mass I don't think I'll ever see the planet the same way again. Yeah, I agree with you. It's hard to see young people in America all over the world in the same way, given what they've done, given what they've supported, given the way they responded. And of course this should red lights should be flashing everywhere about the quality of education. We always knew as bad, but just how bad it is, how bad, how bad the education our kids are getting.
Speaker 2: This should be a real wake up call, a real wake up call, and I don't get.
Speaker 1: A sense that it is. You know, not to go after here and there, but to systematically rethink what we're teaching the kids at university, to systematically rethink who these professors are. I mean they should have been mass layoffs after the university demonstrations by students. Mass layoffs are professors, and the university is acknowledging they complete and utter failure at education. This is not about not from government. It should have come from the universities and the alum who still gave the universities tens of millions of dollars. Shouldn't just be demanding the resignation for a president. They should be demanding mass resignation, mass firing a faculty, the shutting down of whole departments, the rethinking of curriculum across the board. Screw academic freedom. There's no such thing. You don't have the freedom to teach garbage. You don't have the freedom to teach evil. You don't have the freedom to teach insanity. If you can't fire them, marginalize them, but get rid of This is a good time to get rid of tenure and to fire thousands of professors, hundreds of professors who are teaching the worst kind of garbage to our kids. And the consequence of that other demonstrations, the consequence of that is the attitude of young people towards Israel. Milko all right, thanks for your visit. I hope you enjoyed the name Modena. This chart is just this chat is just to say you want alone, value for value appreciated. H Coole, Yes, very much, very much enjoyed my time with you in Modena and in its surroundings. It was a really really enjoyable day. Oh what is the name of the dish? The designa like dish that I had at the at the restaurant. It wasn't Lasigna, right, but it was something similar to lasagna. And it was so good. It was so good. So yeah, I have to love the name of that dish. And we still need to chat about my my visits, my next visit to you know, Europe, and and uh next year, and what we can do in Italy, what we can do in Modera or somewhere else in Italy. Money cut you. I don't think it was money cutty anyway, Mico will tell us what the dish was, Lasagna at Ronaldo's. It was lasagna sognata sognata, all right. It was so good. It was the best lasagna I've ever had. It wasn't even close. I mean, everything just melted in your mouth, just melted. It was amazing Lasagna at Arnaldo. All right, Thank you, Michael. A really wonderful day. And once I have dates for my next from trip to Europe, I will send them to you to coordinate another visit, right, Greg, I guess he's recommending the book Why I'm Not a Muslim by even Wak that's from the period of post nine to eleven that was on my reading list, or one of the books I read after nine eleven I like numbers says, did many cheering October seventh also cheer Charlie's death? I mean maybe, Obviously, the cheering after October seventh was more organized. There was more from particular student groups. It was it was remember thirty different clubs out of Harvard University. Harvard I came out in support of October seventh the day after. I don't think you got that with Charlie's death. I don't think you got explicit statements of support. You got kids espressally support on Twitter and on campuses and stuff like that, but it wasn't whole entities on campus. I wonder what have been response if they'd been real demonstrations and chewing and celebrations on campuses after Charlie's death. I remind you that we are a listener watch a supported show couldn't exist without support from you. We are running behind today value for value. If you value my coverage, if you value all the shows I've done since October seven, twenty twenty three over the last two years, please consider supporting the show with a sticker with a super chat to show your support. The grant just did twenty dollars and a sticker. Thank you. He's that's his twentieth super chat. It's kind of I don't know which milestone YouTube chooses to celebrate, but to twentieth, thank you, Grant. I appreciate it. Benjamin says. All I can do now is shake my head that this two years of half measures had to be optimistic about this conflict. Thank you for covering this. I mean, yes, but even half measures given Hamas and the Palestinians are going to buy Israel a lot. They're going to buy Israel a lot in terms of peace. Uh, you know, over the next over the next again a few decades, so as I do expect that in spite of it, Israel will come out of this. Okay, the rest of the world not so much. The rest of the world is revealed. It's moral, it's complete and other unequivocal. Maral bank bankruptcy, complete, Mael bankruptcy, which is tragic and uh and said, and if Jews join the GOP might slow the costs and when maybe I think Jews have joined the GOP. More Jews after October seventh joined the GOP. Some pretty high profile Jews joined the GOP who were fairly left before that. I'm sure more will join. It's hard for them to join as the GP becomes more antisemitic. You know, it's a do you join to try to influence them against Do you join and sanction the fact that they're the hateful of you? So hard to tell, Michael. People feel it when forces aimed at them, but can identify it when it's aimed at others. I mean, I think that's right, sadly, but the reality is the Ramas it does not limit its violent intent towards Israel. It's violent intent just towards all the West. It is part of a you know, a global jihad. Globalizing Intafada is the global jihad, and that is a jihad against the West. It is the establishment of Islamist khalifa across the entire West there after all of us, no matter where we live. They believe the whole world was granted to them as Muslims by Allah, and that they should bring Sharia law to all of it, and the West's weakness and appeasement will only abolden them to try to continue to try to establish this kulifund of Theirs. Nrik Israel is a symbol for Islam, for Islamists of the West not submitting. Yeah, I think Israel not submitting is a is an affront to the Islamists. It's it's it is.
Speaker 2: It shows what the West could do if it wanted to do.
Speaker 1: But of course it's not enough. It's not enough. John says a tenant professors can be fired from mal turpitude.
Speaker 2: Yeah, if only the understood what maltipitude meant.
Speaker 1: And could apply it. If only they could apply it, you have to pretty much rape somebody to get fired as a tenant professor. It's very difficult otherwise, given the state of our universities and the way tenure is interpreted. Harper Part one. Outside of morality, you don't think there are superior versus inferior human beings. Steve Jobs versus the janitor. And janet can be more honest and moral than the software engineer. He cleans up dafter. But when you talk about changing the culture, you talk about reaching the people who matter, those aren't the janitors at all. Yeah, No, that's true. So I didn't say everybody matters the same. I didn't say that, you know, Steve Jobs, the and the janitor matter the same, or contribute to the world the same, or but that doesn't make some people superior. Superior means fundamentally essentially better, by the very nature better, and I don't I don't think that's the case. I think this is it's a very very bad word. I mean, hierarchies exist, people are better at certain things than others, But to be superior as a human being is means you're somehow, in every dimension better than everybody else. And I don't think you're born superior. I don't think you're You know, you have to make yourself better. And again, anybody can. What matters is morality, and any he can make himself morally better. What matters and cultural change is other things, right, it's charisma and writing skills and communication ability and all of that. So it's just not useful. It adds nothing to say Steve Jobs is superior to a janitor by what. Okay, he's more productive, True, he changes the world more True, that's good enough. Why do you have to have this big label to make him a better human being in some way? I also have a question from yesterday that Andrew asked just as we were ending the show, and I didn't get a chance to answer. So this is the last question unless you come up with stuff. We're still about. We're still thirty seven dollars short of our first hour goal, so it would be great to at least get the first hour goal done. So if anybody wants to come in and do some stickers, we've got over one hundred people watching. Just a few stickers from a few people out there would make all the difference. Remember, this show is only possible. What I do is only made possible because you guys support the show on things like super Chat and stickers and things like that. Andrew says, people often I ask about the mental health problem of the youth. How about laziness. Do you think there's a widespread laziness problem or is the whining of the youth just more amplified today.
Speaker 2: I mean, there's probably a laziness problem.
Speaker 1: I don't know. I don't know if you today is more lazy than youth in the past. I don't know how to measure that. Certainly there are a lot of lazy people, and and of course various degrees of laziness. There's some people who will not stop work unbelievably hard, and there's some people who don't do much at all. So laziness is relative as well. But I don't know. I just don't know. I don't have the stats, I don't have the data. There's no reason to talk about it because I don't know unless you have some way to send me for reference to what extent this really is more of a problem of today than ever before. There are kids out there, no question, that are sitting in their mother's basement playing video games. To that extent that exists, we know that more so than in the past. Is that laziness? Is that something else that is driving them? Is that a lack of purpose, a lack of meaning? As Jordan Peterson would have it, Maybe it's all of the above. But I don't have anything particularly to say about the prevalence of laziness today versus the past. kN from Australia, thank you, thank you, thank you. Just came in with three hundred and twenty Australian dollars and which I say, I guess I'm worth more and more these days because the US dollar is declining so much. He says, no question, just gratitude for the work that you, n AOI do helps me every day. Landed a new job recently, Congratulations on the new job. That's fantastic and thank you really really appreciate the support, particularly today. I appreciate that. Charsbot, thank you for the twenty dollars sticker. I appreciate that. Now we're just fifty dollars away from a thincond hour ago, which would be amazing. Given this is the last question we have or comment from. Milkley says, the name is Spoog spognal lat lata spoken a latta, all right, spoken a lotta is the name of the dish. I guess spoken a lotta is a rich signature Lasagna dish invented in nineteen fifties by De goli at Alnaldo Clinica Gastronomia in Ruberia, Italy. That's what we ate. And it was amazing. It was just amazing. That justified the Michelin star right there. Everything was good, but that was fantastic. Thank you, Mirco. I appreciate it. All right, guys, we will be back tomorrow Wednesday and for a regular news show Wednesday and Thursday. Friday, I am traveling. We'll see maybe I can sneak in an early show before I catch a flight, and then probably no show Saturday Sunday I'm at a wedding and then Monday I travel back home, so probably no show, so Thursday and then probably Tuesday, and then not a lot of shows in the next It's going to be challenging because, as I said, I'm basically traveling every single every single week from now until Thanksgiving. All right, guys, have a great rest of your week. I will I will see you all. I'll see you all in tomorrow, see you all tomorrow. Bye, everybody. Thank you to all the super chatters. Really appreciate it, particularly to kN Thank you really really appreciate that. All the way from Australia,