Speaker 1: Ryan Van til is the owner of Bert's Burgers down in Orange County, and he joins us now in his.
Speaker 2: Connection of courses.
Speaker 1: He's uh the head of I guess you could say the PMS union on Twitter that you.
Speaker 2: Can find that.
Speaker 1: I mean, he's famous, famous basically, but also famous because of Bert's Burger.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna get into one right now, Ryan.
Speaker 1: Let's go share that she got the cheeseburger. There had a little bit more stuff.
Speaker 4: That is the Calie, the Fleetwood Cali style two by two slider.
Speaker 2: Freaking no, I do not. You're on your own. You got a scarf, use it.
Speaker 1: Ryan. You guys are catering, right, I mean for the most part. Right now, you're catering. I know you're working on the future. But how do people find you? What is it you guys specialize in and why should they go to you? As opposed to the normal old taco truck that everybody else uses.
Speaker 5: Sure bertsberger'soc dot com or Bertsberger's o C anywhere on social media.
Speaker 4: That's Bert with a U b U R T. And the reason they come to should come to us.
Speaker 5: You know, I thought about it, and everyone goes to a party, right there's like, oh, we gotta get a taco guy.
Speaker 4: Taco guy.
Speaker 5: It's like, well, what if you want a cheeseburger? And then I thought, well what if you could have like multiple cheeseburgers at a party. You're at a party, you want this giant cheeseburger, and it's dripping all over you, Like it's dripping on Shannon right now, you know you want something little and dainty, especially, you know, pretty lately like Shannon, She's.
Speaker 4: Like, I don't want this giant cheeseberg on I'm at.
Speaker 5: This party, little right, And maybe you want the Cali style two by two, or maybe later you want the berts Burger, which is our barbecue bacon cheeseburger.
Speaker 4: You can samp.
Speaker 5: That's when you had so you can sample different kinds. And it's just like having a taco guy at your party or your corporate event, at your wedding anything, like.
Speaker 6: I really like the sauce. It's not you know, it's nice sauce there.
Speaker 4: That is Bert's secret sauce.
Speaker 3: I bet it is.
Speaker 2: I bet it is.
Speaker 3: Ryan. Also the pickles a key it is are key and the halapeno.
Speaker 2: Talk to me about that situation.
Speaker 4: Okay, well, well the jalapeno you got accidentally, but.
Speaker 3: That because I really like that.
Speaker 4: But that's an incredible segue. Thank you. Now you're like an experienced newsperson.
Speaker 5: The Hallepenia is our fried halipenion, which goes on our Mexic guak burger, which has Mexico City style guacamole and kotiha cheese and wahaka cheese and fried halopenia.
Speaker 3: Wow, that's incredible.
Speaker 2: That's good.
Speaker 4: And all of our beef is American ground.
Speaker 1: Woggu beach, so that that was gonna be my next question Slider is obviously the key ingredient is going to be the meat. How do you settle specifically on that style and where do you source it from?
Speaker 5: Well, I know we're on the radio, so I'm not going to curse, but I said to my partner in chef, chef Tony, I said, I want holy s beef, meaning when you bite it, you're like holy s and that is He's like, oh yeah, well, we got to get this and it's this American woggu ground beef and it's I mean, as you can taste, it's unbelievable.
Speaker 4: And then we season each burger right before we cook.
Speaker 2: It secret season, Secret season.
Speaker 3: That's delicious. It's really good.
Speaker 4: Thank you.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 1: And the thing I love about sliders is that, I mean, your point of sitting down at a restaurant, even in a nice place, you're gonna order a cheeseburger, hamburg or whatever it is. It's always built not for human consumption. That's I mean, it's built to be super high or super messy, or it's hot. The bun is too big, like, it's never a comfortable planth thing to eat in a restaurant. A slider, however, it's literally meant to fit in your hand, yes, in your like sliders, it.
Speaker 6: All works best, especially this is like a good sized slider.
Speaker 4: Good.
Speaker 3: You don't need ninety seven right.
Speaker 4: No, it's like tacos. Right, you have two tacos, you have three tacos. Whatever you get, you get two sliders. You get three sliders and your set.
Speaker 2: Who's Burt?
Speaker 5: Burt is my bloodhound. He's one hundred and fifty pound blood bloodhounds a normally like one hundred pounds. And this guy's just a giant and he's this big slobbery mass.
Speaker 2: I assume he's in the logo there, right.
Speaker 5: He is there in the lads Burt that's literally Burton logo. No, he's not allowed in any.
Speaker 4: Kitchenso that's zero fun.
Speaker 6: He protests, but he's not allowed if my husband leaves me and I get married again, you guys, Dodds, that's super cool.
Speaker 3: Yes, yes, what a fun wedding.
Speaker 6: Where you go and there's just sliders everywhere, and different kinds of sliders and cheeses and hala panios that aren't even supposed to be there.
Speaker 5: We'll think about like the late night slacker at smack right, you've been dancing, you've been drinking, You're like, oh, I need some food to fill me up.
Speaker 4: What about sliders? Yeah, at like ten o'clock at night.
Speaker 3: Really any time of day. Yeah, it's a slider time of day.
Speaker 1: So sliders obviously the main the main draw for Bertzburgers, but there's also fries on there.
Speaker 4: Yeah, waffle fries. We do an incredible fried and tallow.
Speaker 3: And interesting waffle fries. Why waffle fry?
Speaker 2: Why do you pick waffle fries?
Speaker 5: Okay, there's multiple reasons. I'm an overthinker, So we actually do you said any time a day, we do breakfast sliders and we have two breakfast slayers. All that a bacon egg and cheese and a sausage one and both of them have a waffle fry on it so that it sits in your egg. And that came from I was at McDonald's one day. I was like, you know what I really want is I want that sausage, but I want the hashtar on the sandwich.
Speaker 2: Gosh.
Speaker 5: And then I thought, and I was, this is literally what happened. I was at home and I was like, you know what I want on this sausage egg McMuffin. Is I want some Tai chili paste.
Speaker 4: Don't it just hit me? And then so I put that on. I was like, wow, this is incredible. I'm gonna make this. Yeah, And so that's why they're awful fries. And then they're just delicious on their own with ranch or anything.
Speaker 5: Okay.
Speaker 6: His girlfriend from Al Toro, she used to put or probably still does, put potato chips she opened a bag of.
Speaker 3: But you could do that in her sandwiches. You gotta put a little potato.
Speaker 4: In your sand super thin, crispy potatoes.
Speaker 3: Why not?
Speaker 1: And then of course the top it all off, the shakes and the fries you brought us this mini shake.
Speaker 3: Yes, the chips should get their own moment.
Speaker 4: They deserve their own moment.
Speaker 3: They're really good. The secret they're not too thick, good salt content.
Speaker 2: A lot of secrets, a lot of secrets.
Speaker 5: Bert bloodhumes are very secretive. You know, they've got these giant mouths and jaws. So you'll be looking at me like, what is he doing over there? You walk over there, and he's just got like a he's got.
Speaker 2: Like a rabbit, a rabbit in his mouth.
Speaker 4: A full rabbit, and you can't even see it. Wow. Birds are secreted. They don't hides in the corner.
Speaker 1: You've got the triple reaches, mini shaked and not so thin mint Oreo, the berry berry lemon milkshit.
Speaker 3: Made some quick work out of that milkshake over there talking to me about.
Speaker 1: It, and then the pie. It's fantastic. I mean you start with the base of McConnell's ice cream. Yes, right, so that's perfect, you said, the homemade whipped cream, yes, and then as that Oreo crumbles.
Speaker 4: And Oreo crumbles and chocolate.
Speaker 1: Stupid, and then the Maggie made lemon merangue pie shooter. And again, I mean you mentioned this to us off the air. My god, everything is made. I wouldn't say bite size, but it's small.
Speaker 4: Yes, everything, Yes, one hundred percent.
Speaker 3: So it's I feel like I need a spoon.
Speaker 5: We call it a shooter because it's in a shot glass, but there's no alco. It's literally just lemon merangue.
Speaker 4: Pie in a shot glass.
Speaker 5: And I thought with desserts and and shakes, the mini shakes is you know, you're I don't like if I go to In and Out or I go to five guys, I never get a shake. It's too much because I'm I'm already you know, eating too much as it is, right, I don't want to be rolling into my car.
Speaker 2: I want this.
Speaker 4: But this little yeah, it's perfect. At a little bit.
Speaker 3: Of slighter is the perfect amount. The mini shake is the perfect amount.
Speaker 6: You're like the gold Oldie locks, Burt, I mean Ryan, you can call me Bert.
Speaker 2: It's okay.
Speaker 3: It's called your dog.
Speaker 1: Health is becoming a huge issue. Talk to me about seed oils. Talking about about the oils that you do use for your foods.
Speaker 5: We don't use anything but beef tallow to fry, to fry our fries or anything that's fried. It's with beef towel, because you know, I read this book actually like twelve years ago, and this woman was talking about beef tallow and seedles and I was like, what is this? And so I started asking nutritionous friends like, oh, no, beef toal.
Speaker 4: That's how McDonald's used.
Speaker 5: To fry their fries in beef tallow fifty years ago. And then you know, there was controversy about being vegetarian and so they switched. It's like, oh my god, beef tallow is unbelievable and you can make candles with it. I'm okay now if your skin yeah.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, yeah, do you have another burger out there?
Speaker 6: I wrote, yeah, yes, Ryan, Thank you so much.
Speaker 3: It's so great to meet you. I feel like I've.
Speaker 2: Known you forever.
Speaker 1: Bert's burgersoc dot com bert is with a you. Bert's burgersoc dot com is where you find the page about the catering. You can also find them on social media. Bert's Burgers O C. Ryan, thanks for coming in. Ryan Ventiel again from Bertz Burger's