Speaker 1: The Force will be with you always. Hello and welcome back to another episode of Star Wars Alliance. Of course, I'm your host, play and with me like every single week. Of course. Is Katie, Katie? How are you doing today?
Speaker 2: You know? I had my toddler home today because my sister's kids are sick, So I have whiskey.
Speaker 1: That about Jai? How I am? I'm doing well. We went to go see a friend that we haven't seen in about a year.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 1: And the only reason why I know that is because the last time we saw her, she gave birth to her first child. Uh. And that I jinxed.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 1: I jinxed it. When we were here last She's like, Okay, I'm doing like three weeks. I was like, wouldn't it be funny that? Oh no, he did you you if you gave birth before we left?
Speaker 2: No, it would not.
Speaker 1: I I just happened to say. I was like, wouldn't it be funny that before we left to go back to Indiana we actually got to see the baby? And they're like, haha, very funny. And then that night, Uh, she sent Abby texts and she was like I hate Clay and so uh Eugene was born. Uh and we got to see him for the second time. That was fun today. But yeah, as uh, if you're not here live with us here on YouTube, you did hear him. Just be just a second. Adrian is with us for the first time in a while, in a long while. We we I know that you have gone on such a journey through some stuff recently, and I will say, like, it is really excited to see the stuff that you've been doing recently. I know that you The not so exciting stuff is, of course the surgery and everything else. Uh, but Adrian, how have you been, man? It has been Yeah, it's good. It's been a yeah, it's been a while.
Speaker 4: Twenty six for for my wife and I had lots of surgeries, lots of in and out of the hospitals.
Speaker 1: I had a hip replacement at thirty two.
Speaker 4: I found out that my Latino dad isn't my Latino dad, and I'm actually black, and I have a whole family I don't know about, and I don't know, just just a bunch of other stuff. But Star Wars has been the only constant. So this is like the first week where I've You're like, okay, let me get back into it, especially after all the CDC announcements, which was like the first thing that I'd written or covered in like forever for for but why though for for Star Wars stuff. So I was like, oh, yeah, I like Star Wars books and it's always been my favorite. What am I doing? I should be reading more. So picked up a bunch of books and just really excited to talk to the guys again. It's been so long.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And that's what we're gonna be covering today. We're going to be doing a recap of the Sandyo comic gun announcements. One of them I will be able to talk about in a little bit more context other than just the voice acting. Uh, and that is of course the U Zero company. Because Adrian, I know, like, you have to be excited about this game, right, Yeah? I think honestly, I think we talked about it, I don't know, like.
Speaker 4: Last year, about being excited about a game like this, and we're finally getting it. I think it's one of the games that I wanted because I reber Amarkle like two years ago about like what star games need to happen, and they're all happening.
Speaker 1: So I'm uber excited, uber excited.
Speaker 4: I'm actually I'm actually and I might, you know, talk to you a little bit about this later, but I need to rank all I need to rank the ten top Star Wars games, and it's much harder than I thought it was going to be, especially with Zero Company.
Speaker 1: Coming out, because it looks amazing. Yeah. No, with with the new move and like the new setup and everything, I now have I think the capacity to be able to start streaming. I a while ago purchased a Humble bundle of nothing but Star Wars video games from Yes and they have just been dormant on my computer and in my Steam library for now almost two and a half years. So I'm gonna get started with that with Zero Company. I am gonna start streaming with Zero Company in August. It was kind of like a weird decision of like, hey, I mostly buy all my video games VI a PlayStation. With all the controversy over physical and digital, I'm like, you know what, I'm gonna go with PC on this one, so that way I can play it and stream at the same time.
Speaker 2: I've always been a PlayStation person, but with the fact that I don't buy that many video games, I'm very specific about the ones I buy. As you know Clay, Yeah, but like the Pod Racing one, Matt has always been an Xbox guy, so it might be that he's by like we're buying the Xbox One.
Speaker 1: Come to the dark side. We have game Pass. We have game Pass. This right here, I still I still have like this box right here under this table beside me has my Xbox just sitting there. I know I could use it. I know that. Uh, most of my other friends have Xbox and play Xbox more than I do have friends playing PlayStation. I just need to get it out and I need to start playing with everybody. But let's let's go ahead and and talk a little bit more about this voice cast. The biggest, i think one of the bigger announcements of this voice cast when it came to Zero Company was the return of both Dee Bradley Baker for a new original clone named Trick, which is CT thirty three oh one. And of course, the biggest boom of the announcement of Zero Companies trailer, which is Anakin Skywalker. We have a returning voice actor of of course, Matt Lantern being Anakin Skywalker again. So that was really really fun to see that we get to have the return of them, but we have voice actors Jonathan Freeman, Vic Michaeliss, Sorry, Alex McKenna, Leo Howard, DC Douglas, Jason Pisak, Rica Charman, Erica Luttrell, JB Blanc, Jim Peery, Hunter Smith, Dylan Caneen if I'm saying that correctly, Nicole Rentea and Judy Alice Lee all playing a part in a very large cast of characters that can be on your team in Zero Company. Katie, I will say this, I think with your brain you will really enjoy the strategic gameplay of Zero Company, but I don't know if you have the patience for it. So like question because.
Speaker 2: And like Claig, you and I have had this conversation before. I'm big into minimal button presses. I don't want to have to press three different buttons to do a jump sequence like that. Was my biggest issue with Spider Man was it was like, oh, press x ya to like jump kick this villain. I never got past the first villain Inspider Man. I was not pissed off with how the gameplay worked. Is like I had the capability for it, but my brain doesn't process that many button clicks.
Speaker 1: With this game. It plays like a board game. A lot of these more strategic games you will have, of course your team. They'll give you like a Playmatt type of scenario. When it comes to your environment. You know that your enemy team will be on the opposite side and you move them and then depending on your range of attacks with each character, it shows you, hey, you can you know, hit these characters from this far and whatnot. It is a time consuming style of game, so I always warn people like, this is not a game that I would recommend. Just like off the cuff, you have to be a fan of strategic turn based games. And this just the trailer within itself at Summer Games Fest got me. You're really excited because there's one moment whereas there's a montage of your team and it's just cycling through all of the different characters that you could possibly create for your team. So having what four, eight, twelve, sixteen main characters here, I think is going to be really really fun. I'm really excited about this. But some of the talent here has a history with things like Star Wars, Scar, Star Wars Squadrons, Steven Universe, Star Trek, Discovery, Battlestar Galactica, you're looking at things like Dropout, Arcane, Marvel Rivals, Red Dead, Redemption two, Mayor of Kingstown, Criminal Minds, Marvel, Spider Man two, uh, Mass Effect, and Monster Hunter Wild. So these people know video games, so really really awesome to see this cast of characters uh and and voice cast really excited. And on Star Wars dot Com they actually have a sample of the Zero Company's score, if anybody wants to go check that out.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I know you said that's like might not be a game for Cape. I think because it's Star Wars, it might be. And I think that's like the best thing about what they're doing now is giving us different games in Star Wars, but make it star Wars, you know. So I feel like, because you're connected enough, you might you might find like a person you really like, and then that's your like main and all that good stuff.
Speaker 1: So I have faith. I have faith.
Speaker 2: It's just mainly like the whole video game aspect on its own, because like I tried Outlaws with like mostly my husband playing it, and we didn't get very far in there because I kept getting motion sick. That's thea and so things like Skyrim have always made me motion sick. With like the camera and stuff. So that's why I think, like the pod racing game might be something I can get into, just because you tend to face forward and that's really the only thing, like, yeah.
Speaker 1: And the camera is always behind you. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So if it shows up on game Pass, Matt has game Pass, so we could potentially try it then, but I don't I'm not gonna make him purchase anything probably other than the pod racing game. Racing games have just always been something that I'm down for.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean it will be eventually. Everything's on game Pass eventually, but I doubt it will be there on launch. Yeah. So it says here that Zero Company is not going to be on game Pass at launch, but yeah, which makes I can see it eventually jumping on there. But yeah, really really excited about this. Probably going to be a day one purchase for me that comes out in almost exactly one month. Its release date I believe is the twenty seventh, Yeah, twenty seventh of August, so a little less than one month to go. Now some other news, let's talk about some of these smaller announcements when it comes to books in other media, like that, we have the New Hope and other parts of the original trilogy novels finally getting a unabridged audiobook.
Speaker 2: This is so exciting for me.
Speaker 1: Now here's my question to you, because Katie, I think I already know your answer because we've talked about this several times. The next part about this announcement is that it's narrated by Mark Thompson. Do they always need Mark Thompson?
Speaker 4: No, Oh, we don't always need Mark Thompson a lot.
Speaker 1: Like there was a little part of me that like, after Mark Thompson started to do more of like the DC audio books, I was like, does that mean we can finally start to see different names on other Star Wars titles, And then this announcement came. I was like, maybe not.
Speaker 2: Well, but I think at least they're getting him off of like newer books. Like I don't think he's voiced a new book this year in the audio books because the Outlaws prequel was done by the voice actors in the game, and then Legacy. I can't remember who's the narrator for Legacy. But then January LaVoi is doing Edge of Abyss yes, so so I don't think he's done a new book this year. So at least there's that that there they are getting other people involved.
Speaker 4: I like Mark Thompson, but he just makes all his characters sound the same and like all like the thy characters sound was saying to me, and I was.
Speaker 1: Gonna say, he has about three different voices. He has his like feminine voice, he has his main character voice, and then he has his alien voice. And his alien voice literally sounds the same for like that one random character in each one of the people he does. So I would I would like to see more people.
Speaker 4: Give me Jeff Hayes. Give Jeff Hayes an audiobook. Jeff hays does the Dungeon Crawler and.
Speaker 1: Range to jump on that bandwagon I saw, man, his range is insane. His range is insane, so wild.
Speaker 2: Have I seen the Wonderwall song?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I did see that. I saw that on TikTok.
Speaker 2: Yes voices, So don'nut sings the Wonderwall song, but she adapts it for the Dungeon.
Speaker 1: That's hilarious.
Speaker 2: It's absolutely phenomenal.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he spends like most of the book in like a feminine voice, and he kills it.
Speaker 1: He rocks it.
Speaker 2: That's why he's going to be the.
Speaker 1: Cat in exactly. I need to jump on the bandwagon for that. I feel like everyone that I know has already either like caught up to the series or starting the series, and I'm just here, like Clay, It's like it's a lot.
Speaker 2: Matt, it is a lot, but Clay, Matt doesn't read. And Matt finished the first book and is starting the second book tonight.
Speaker 4: That's how good alternative if you don't want like a like a long series, but same kind of style, same same writer.
Speaker 1: Operation Bounce House came out like I just got it.
Speaker 4: I just got It's like eight hours on the audiobooks. It's pretty short, right, It's good. I like that one a lot.
Speaker 1: Operation They ever.
Speaker 2: Get Jeff Hayes, because doesn't he run his own production company, and I don't think they would.
Speaker 1: Go him go.
Speaker 4: I think about how many fans you would bring to Star Wars audio if you had Jeff as do an audiobook?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 1: Now, is this an audible exclusive?
Speaker 2: No? I don't think Operation Bounce Houses.
Speaker 1: It's a full book two all right? Well, then in that case I am because I have like sixteen freaking credits over at yes perfect on libro dot FM. I'm gonna look it up right now and grab it. I have been like super anti billionaire, anti capitalism, so I'm trying to do everything I can to like stay away from Audible and Amazon of course, of course, so uh, Libro has has been taking my money a whole lot lately. So we got that for the original trilogy. I'm actually really excited about this because I have not really jumped into the novelization of these, uh. But my stepdad, he is very big into audio books, and he has wanted to read the novelizations, uh, but he has only been reading stuff via audio audio. So he's really excited about this announcement. Something that completely went over my head, and Katie was just like, Clay, that's old news. I don't know why you're talking about this. The Vader book one, which one.
Speaker 4: Because I felt like there was a few announcements, was like, we're giving you Vader in comics, We're giving you Vader in books, We're giving you Vader and everything.
Speaker 1: But yeah, that Icons one looks so good. The Icons book does look really, really good. But Katie did remind me that this was actually announced what like a year and a half ago.
Speaker 2: Two years ago, I think almost two years ago.
Speaker 1: And is just now getting like a hard release date. So this I think is going to be very fun for anybody who does love those coffee table books something to just kind of skim through from day to day. It looks like a very very fun read. So I'm really excited. I think now that I am in the space that I am in, I can finally start getting those books. Amberlyn is finally old enough to know what she can touch and what she cannot touch. So I think this one may be on the radar finaling.
Speaker 2: Yeah, all of my books you see behind me if you're on YouTube, Guys, all my shelves are currently empty. All my books are coming in this weekend from my mother. Matt is making a trip tomorrow, and then my mother in law is supposed to be coming on Saturday, and Matt's going to go back up. I'm excited because, yeah, Mara is also like, she grabbed my mom's glasses this weekend and I've said, ma, are those yours? And she said nope, I dropped it.
Speaker 1: So huzzah. I love that.
Speaker 5: I feel like I can put my coffee table books back out.
Speaker 1: With that, we also got some comic book news when it comes to Star Wars. Some of these that we have already kind of mentioned. We did get a little bit more details on them, but we got some more inside looks of the Mad Cave and paper Cuts stories titles like Star Wars Smugglers and Scoundrels and Tales from the Outer Rim. These are both going to be paper Cuts Publications. Paper Cuts is an amazing publisher I've had the opportunity to work with them before, back when I was working with Comic Book Distribution. Great great company. I think Star Wars is in great hands when it comes to this. They are very family friendly, very poppy, very kid oriented for sure, but very fun nonetheless, So I really like the Jackson's coming back.
Speaker 4: Kevin Scott is an absolute genius of all mediums and genres when it comes to comics, so I'm very excited.
Speaker 1: I think, what is Greg Pack doing the other one?
Speaker 4: I think Greg Pak is doing the Scott the Outer Rim one, and then yeah, the Jackson one is obvious gonna be Kevin Scott.
Speaker 1: So very exciting.
Speaker 2: Yeah, super excited for this. I did find it interesting that dark Horse has not had any other announcements. I believe the Mace Window comic is still set for October, but then they literally have no other announcements currently, So is the license just going to paper Cuts and dark Horse is relinquishing it like I DW did.
Speaker 1: I can only assume. Yes, I have not heard anything on like my side of the comic book world, but I like because of how quiet they have been, if there was anything coming from dark Horse and Star Wars Sandio Comic Con would have been it. Yeah.
Speaker 4: I think the only thing that they announced was that they're doing like the the hardcover of the Galactic Tales of Terror that covers the Nightmnger.
Speaker 1: Oh so good. Other than that, I don't think I saw anything else. Yeah, and even that that was gonna be the very next thing that I bring up. Gorgeous cover, by the way, this like beautiful like teal cover. I can't remember the the artist for this one. This one is uh, they do all of the the Tales of books. Oh my gosh, who is this freaking artist? But I can I can actually share it on my screen right now.
Speaker 4: Beautiful, beautiful cover. Yeah truly, h Francesco. Yeah, this is great. It's so good.
Speaker 1: I don't I don't know if you guys have had a chance to read this story yet, were it?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 1: Man, it's so good. It's so good.
Speaker 4: It's such great storytelling across the three generations of Star Wars with like the same story. Oh man, it's good. Oh man, it's good. I want to I want to talk about it. Whenever you talk about I'm coming back, there's a last scene specifically that I'm like, that's that's her. That's why you would have wanted her, not Luke. That's why you would have wanted her, not Luke, because she's not scared to shoot a ghost.
Speaker 1: You know. I'm with it. I'm with it. And then another story that we actually have not read yet and we're waiting until the actual completed volume. That's something that we've decided that we're going to do just because, uh, getting the week two week stuff is a little bit harder for us with family and stuff. But the fourth issue of the High Republican Adventures pathfind He is coming out very very soon, it says here. The series follows a team of republic Pathfinders to dispatch to a distant corner of the galaxy to investigate the death of a Jedi master. We've been very, you know, still very very excited about the continuation of the High Republic. This Pathfinders is currently the only thing that is within that timeline. We have had some glimpses in teases of or not teases slash cameos of stuff that is in recent books referencing High Republic, but nothing super solidified like the stories that we have gotten in the Initiative of the High Republic. And that's kind of what we're still waiting for.
Speaker 2: And s Glenn says there is more Higher Republic stuff coming. That was one of the things he said that I don't remember which panel, but he didn't say it this weekend, so at least now.
Speaker 1: But that's a question for both of you guys. I know that all of us enjoyed High Republic stuff. Do you think that they continue to do these small stories or do you think they go out of their way to do another initiative.
Speaker 2: I don't think there's going to be another initiative in the Higher Republic. I think it's going to be add on.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I don't think they need another initiative for it.
Speaker 4: Established the universe, established the law, and just give us comics the way that you're giving us comics and stories for everything else, and it should be fine, right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Yeah, I think so. With the way that they have been releasing books recently, especially with things like is Like Stars, I do think dabbling in that going genre based and then choosing which parts of the timeline to really throw that story into, I think that would be really best for the Higher Republic, to be completely honest, I think that would be amazing. Yeah, But the only other comic news is actually not Star Wars related, but it is lucasfilm related. If anybody is interested, Indiana Jones is getting a I don't know if this is a one shot or a.
Speaker 2: Five issue limited series.
Speaker 1: Ah Okay, a five issue limited series is called Indiana Jones and the Sword of Pandemonium. So if anybody was asking for some more Indiana Jones stories, we now have it, which is really interesting of like you see the success of like somebody like Mad Cave with things like speed Racer with uh uh oh, what's some of the other random titles that they have Flash Gordon uh some of that older classic stories uh And it feels like I'm about to date myself with what I'm referencing with that to Indiana Jones. But like, I'm surprised Indiana Jones didn't already have an ongoing series over at Marvel to be completely honest, but you know, maybe this is one thing to kind of test the waters, to see if that can be something of uh in their in their in their little sandbox playground before we move on to the bigger book announcement. I did send Katie a screenshot of this today. Uh. It says here that there is a comic book series. Is this the comic book series? I can't Uh, yes, it is coming from a paper as well. X Wing Academy is a series ongoing which is an ongoing paper cut series will feature a Hogwarts like style pilot's school set before the Force awakens. This comic is set to launch in twenty twenty seven. This is interesting legend.
Speaker 2: His piloting Academy is what we're looking at here.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we could also probably see oh my gosh, Disney not Disney plus, what was the Resistance Resistance Star Wars. Yeah, characters from there were from the you know the quote unquote. Yeah, so we could start We could probably see some of them.
Speaker 2: It depends on when it actually is. If it's like directly before the Force awakens, the yes, I could see.
Speaker 6: Yeah, but if it's like five years before I don't know.
Speaker 1: It would be it would be interesting. I love the idea. The well Hogwarts style kind of gives me a little pause. I don't know, because again when it comes to uh, x Wing and all of the like Rogue Squadron, all of the flight type of stories in Star Wars, I am not the uh, the professional of that. Katie would be. Katie is the one that has read all of those stories and books.
Speaker 2: There's been no there's nothing similar in legends. I would say there really was no like a cat me. It was just kind of like, okay, you have like something.
Speaker 1: You can fly, Yeah, you can fly, blow up the dust star Yeah.
Speaker 2: Basically, and like the the x Wing books from Michael Stackpole and Aaron Austin, those were all like if they pulled in new pilots. It really was Okay, you've flown with a different squadron and you've proven yourself for Wraith or Rogue, like welcome to the team. Basically, so there's nothing similar. Okay, we know and aftermath like and uh the Poe Damn Room novel that Wedge kind of leads a training academy, which is why I was saying Wedge. But we also know in Resistance reborn, that Wedge had kind of retired from that life and was really living like true farm boy esque vibes.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so that's why.
Speaker 2: I'm like, if it depends on where it's actually at, like saying it's before Force awakends, I mean there's thirty years right there, basically, so.
Speaker 1: It'll be interesting.
Speaker 4: I'm more excited for the Star pilots that they announced, the one like where Wedge like gives the accounts of the perspective of like accounts the Galactic Civil Wars, and like all the pilots, I'm that one than a hot Wart style thing.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I'm so intrigued by the Star pilots because of how attached I am to Wedge. Yeah, but I'm also I've struggled with like the Skywalker biography and the War one that Kim Schall did, simply because I have always struggled with non fiction reading, and so even though it's technically it's written as non fiction, Yeah, and I struggle with that, but I'm still getting it because I want to try again.
Speaker 4: We gotta get we gotta get people hyped up for the Starfighter movie. So everything, everything pilots, everything pilots pilots are so cool.
Speaker 2: Now, yeah, that is true.
Speaker 1: That is I never really put two and two together, to be completely honest, like like I understand because like as of right now, the only tidbits that we've gotten from Starfighter is not that Ryan Gosling is like this amazing pilot is just a scoundrel esque character. That's it, like we we but of course the name Starfighter. I should have been like, oh, you know, that makes sense, but speaking of Star Pilot completely forgot that does come out in October of this year, October sixth, for anybody who wanted that date. So now I think is I think the biggest news, the biggest teas that we got beforehand was just a random title called Star Wars twin Crossroads, no cover reveal, just randomly on the I think Penguin Random House website literally a day before or two days before this announcement, and me and Katie were like, Okay, should we take the word twin literally? Should we not take it literally? About Luke and LEYA Is this just like literally crossroads and they're talking about two different types of crossroads? What's going on? We get the reveal, It answers all of our questions, Luke and lea story now, Adrian, I need and know what was your immediate thoughts about this announcement.
Speaker 2: Uh?
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's like the thing I've wanted forever. I'm a I'm a Leyah proponent. It should have been her to begin with. It should have always been Les. She was always the better twin. But she just she's a better She has she has more to do. She just has more to do. And I think when I was and I love beth ree Beth beth Reeve. Yeah, she's great, she's great, and we get to find out I think she's like an interview with Star Wars dot Com and she's like I got to pick or I got to do Uh I got to write? Yeah, Like I'm so I don't care for anything else other than that the whole book can be.
Speaker 1: The whole book can be just forgetting her hyper Crystal.
Speaker 4: And I'm hyped for it because I'm just so interested to see her view of the force because we see it like a little bit right in other stories of like how she feels the force, how she feels that connection. But I felt this would be the first time that we actually really get to, like like in the High Republic where we're really knowing how they see the force is what I'm hoping to get to that and I'm sure Luke will be there doing stuff.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So yeah, this is super exciting to me because Grievous talks about it in the interview, but it's literally a direct sequel to Princess in the Scoundrel. Yeah, basically, like it picks up right before that. It takes place before Battle of jack Cous So I'm also imagine we're going to find out that Leah figures out she's pregnant in the midst of all this too. So like, I'm super excited for this. I am interested to see how they fit this in the timeline because I just feel like they've packed that year right there.
Speaker 4: So yeah, I think it's fine because like Luke learns to be a Jedi in like a year and it's fine. Yeah, But I don't think that the timeline will matter as much to me as like the story that they decide to tell, Like what new what new things are we going to get for Luke because we got to get new things for Luke.
Speaker 1: I just won't want him to be like the same.
Speaker 4: I want him to go through stuff and like think about the things that he's doing, and I want to see his you know, when he's maybe talking to Leah about starting the Academy and like doing all this stuff. Like that's the stuff that I'm really excited for, like the brother sister bonding, just them, because we don't get a whole lot of that really anywhere, you know, So I'm super super excited for it. More excited than like the Legacy, but not that I didn't like Legacy, but like it are parts of legacies. I started it, haven't finished it, but this just this is it, Like this is this is the twin duo that we've been you know, the original, not that their Diet on the Force, but like the original like Disruptors in the Force. And I can't wait to see how Leah sees it. So then people can like go, w, what did you do that?
Speaker 1: Because she's badass.
Speaker 4: She was always doing this stuff, even back in the Princess and Leah Princess of Baldron when she's like saving herself going up the hill, like come on, man, it's been there, so now we finally get to see it. And I think they gave a really good author the Rains for it too super exciting.
Speaker 1: I am really really excited about all of this. We really enjoyed Princess and the Scoundrel. I think that one of the best parts of that story is literally like half a chapter of a conversation between Luke and Leah Yes about their father and how disgusted she still is and she has this like icky feeling. It sounds like they're going to really get into that because not only is this going to be a story of how she gets her Kyper Crystal, not just about her training, but it does sound like in from this quote here, it says the siblings must confront the legacy of their birth parents Anagain Skywalker and Patime Amidala Yes, and their own diverging futures of the Force. I think this is going to be really really interesting because we know from the Rise of Skywalker that Leah eventually has this Force vision that shows her that she can no longer go down this path. It kind of teases that in that one sentence here is saying and their own diverging futures of the Force. So I think there's going to be a lot of siblings butting heads in this book, which I think is good. I think that, you know, seeing the difference of them. And I won't go into too much because I know that you just said, Adrian that you did not finish legacy. Yet we come to learn that there was because small little quote of like Leah is saying like, hey, Luke does this this way, I do it this way. We know they are of two get a different minds, and seeing those two different minds kind of working together in these situations. In this situation in particular, I think it's gonna be really really fun. I am super excited about this, Like the the idea of getting to know how she gets her Kyper crystal, what kind of like fighting style, Like that's the one thing that I have always wanted ever since I was a kid. Like, yeah, I remember seeing like fan art of Leah in like a badass robe with a double bladed yellow lightsaber, and I'm just like, I need this, Oh my god. And we've I think we've seen more and more. I feel like ever since or even before the mace Win story, we've kind of seen these books kind of get into the fighting styles of Jedi a little bit more often. So, uh, it'll be interesting to see how they go about that with Leah in this book, but yeah, super excited about this. It does say that this is not the final cover. I will say that human the cover, you don't like it, I'm not here, what about you? I kind of like it.
Speaker 2: I kind of like it.
Speaker 1: Also, it also does look too much.
Speaker 4: Like the the one the book you just like, it looks too much like Legacy Legacy.
Speaker 1: It's not distinct enough. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like the green background doesn't give it enough. And like you said, it's not the final cover.
Speaker 1: But the last time we saw something say not final cover, it was literally just like a higher res of that saying not final cover for both the Accolades and the the young adult one Seeker.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, both of those covers ended up being the exact same, just different art styles from the initial announcement.
Speaker 2: So yeah, I think it draws too close to Legacy, but there's not enough there, Like, it doesn't feel cross roads y, it feels like they're headed down the same path.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I've always pictured le like like the old like the concept art of like uh Luke when he had you know, the sword and the pistol.
Speaker 1: That's how I just pictured her. I wish that's what they would have done. With her. Yeah yeah, like okay, yeah, she a little different, a little different.
Speaker 2: Yeah, or like maybe including like Hant had been in the background, like some.
Speaker 4: Sort of like no the vaderan Amidala in the background. Yeah that would be cool. Yeah yeah, oh man, if you're listening.
Speaker 2: There's still time.
Speaker 1: But that's also to fix it.
Speaker 2: There's also why I'm not a dust jacket person, Like I take all my dust jackets off.
Speaker 4: So didn't like didn't like Andy Five's dust jacket, didn't like his duster.
Speaker 1: Yeah, speaking of because I am also that way. I have not taken it off yet, but I did take a glance at it. Beautiful silver lettering on legacy, Uh beautiful, super nice. Yeah, but if you guys could correct me if I'm wrong, I think that is all of the announcements. There were a couple that I that I that I that I took down when I was right. Ka.
Speaker 4: Fort that I'm really actually really excited for. Is the a New Hope triple take where they're gonna give as right. Yes, yes, yes, the Triple the graphic novel from three different perspectives, and you know, from a a certain point of view.
Speaker 1: So I always love point of view stories.
Speaker 4: For Star Wars and I would love and I can't wait to see this in graphic novel format, you know, open up to another another medium, opened up to another group of readers. But you know, having Leiahan and Luke the original trio from their perspectives through these stories, I can't wait to see how it changes our perception of like a new Hope, which is crazy to say fifty years later, but like, I'm here for it.
Speaker 1: I do also like and you did mention that, but I do like how each story is going to have a completely different arch style. I think that is really fun. That releases February of twenty twenty seven.
Speaker 4: Yeah, great, yeah, and then oh and then yeah, and I think I saw you I was gonna talk.
Speaker 2: And I think that's where the different art sales because we talked about it previously and some of our comic views of how like the volumes, when they have different art stales, it really throws things off. That's where it's purposeful, and that's where it makes sense to change those art styles. But like one continuing story, yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it definitely irks us when there's one volume meant to be a continuous story and they didn't plan for oh, so and so is not going to have the time to finish a book or whatever, for sure. Yeah uh, but what else was on that list? Oh uh, knits for younglings. You're a you're a knitter. I thought, I thought that we will talking to that, but that one for sure?
Speaker 2: Oh I So I saw that. I didn't get too much into it because I don't actually knit a crochet.
Speaker 1: So it's like, oh, sorry, apologies. I don't know. I mean maybe it's maybe there's crochet stuff in there. I don't know, but I was like, there is a cruche already.
Speaker 4: But yeah, when I saw you were the first person I thought of, and I.
Speaker 1: Was like, oh, you, she has a little one. I imagine she might you know, patterns for toddler and baby clothes, toys, blankets and more.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, I may have to teach myself how to knit.
Speaker 4: There are some cute ones that The flags are super cute, you like Mando flag and like a rebel flag.
Speaker 1: And did they actually show off some of the stuff in there? Yeah? I had a couple a couple photos. Oh me. Yeah, you should be able to have an option below you to share your screen if you do. Okay, let me pull uh.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because it's not on the Star Wars dot Com summary.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I got uh. I feel like they leave stuff out.
Speaker 4: I have it from the They sent me like a press off site pressing. I didn't go this year for CDC, but whenever I go, I like to cover the panels. But they didn't I have one, or I didn't get to go this year.
Speaker 1: Hold on, I'll put it up right here. I know where they are. I know where they are here. Yeah, all this other.
Speaker 2: Because I've avoided the crochet ones while you pull it up, I've avoided the crochet ones because I don't like doing the amate groomy like the little stuffies. Oh yeah, they're just too hard on my fingers. So that's why I like, I'm doing a blanket right now because it's all in one row. It's very easy. But like clothes, and if there's like flags and stuff, I could definitely get into that.
Speaker 1: Lovely. Yeah yeah, yeah, it just looks, it just looks. It just looks super cute.
Speaker 4: They only sent like one press image, but if you want to look at other ones, I have a few if you want to do at the most stuff.
Speaker 1: But yeah, yeah, super excited for that. I mean I'm not. I'm not a knitter.
Speaker 4: I'm not a crochet but my wife does that stuff, so I might just pick it up for her so she can have an easy thing for guests for our Star Wars friends with babies.
Speaker 1: Very very interesting. I have always like me and Abby have both talked about getting into like some sort of hobby like that, and Abby has talked about crochet and knitting, so it might be under the radar for sure for for us looking.
Speaker 2: I think the only other one that I saw that I had completely forgottenbout until I scrolled this again was the Star Wars a Celebration book with DK and it's just basically an homage to fifty years of Star Wars felling. There's a bunch of authors involved, with the main ones I think being Anthony Breskin and Pablo Hidalgo as always, but then like there are several like Star Wars Insider Magazine like article people who are actually going to be offering chapters and stuff, so a pretty cool endeavor. I don't this doesn't have a date on it for some reason.
Speaker 4: I have it as April sixth for the regular version, and then Target has an exclusive supposedly like Gold cover on the seventh, so the next day after so April seven.
Speaker 1: Okay, very nice, very very nice. Uh so what was the next topic that we were going to jump into after we got done with me?
Speaker 2: Predictions?
Speaker 1: And yes, so Adrian, I want to go with you just because I'm going to put you on the spotlight. We have eight episodes debuting next week. We're actually going to be cutting our review in half if people are not aware. Star Wars Visions the Ninth Jedi was in the first season and in the third season, continuing their story of the Ninth Jedi from what we already know and the trailer, What are some things that you really hope to see, whether that be story wise, artistic wise, storytelling wise, in the series next week.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm not really sure. I think I'm going in with like no expectations. I think for this one, mainly because I love Star Wars Visions. I think it's the best thing that Star Wars Disney Star Wars for sure has ever done, giving the reins to really talented creators to kind of make their own Star Wars stories that are, in my opinion a lot of times like more better, not more better, but like more interesting than you know, reading about Luke and Lea again for like the million of the time, I'd rather experience a New Visions story. Personally, With that said, I thought the ninth Jedi was like one of the weaker stories in the first season, and I thought it was definitely the weakest of the third season. It did not need to be there. It already had the show that felt so much like anime filler that it makes my brain hurt that we wasted a slot for them to do this when they were getting the show. So I'm kind of coming in not negatively, but I was like, Okay, here's I hope that it does well what I want. What I want, I wanted to do amazing. I hope it does Bukou numbers, amazing numbers so that we get more Star Wars anime. That's what I want. I want it to do well so it gets more Star Wars anime. I hate that they were releasing it all on one day when we had to sit through two episodes a week of Mall being very or we had to sit through like episodes a week of Mall being in my opinion, very mediocre.
Speaker 1: I think it's crazy. We were right behind you. We tried. I don't I can't remember if we sent you an invite or not, but we brought your thread into the show almost every episode. Yeah, yeah, thank you. I am seeing. I am seeing.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I mean, I'm excited.
Speaker 4: I think I think it's the easiest one for them to do, unfortunately, and I hope that we can just get more about the Ragtag crew, right we just get more of what that first episode was was like, learning about everyone and not just hurts. I hope we take the team effort. I hope it take the team effort. I hope the Lightsaber duels are great. I hope he fight this warlord and it's hard. I hope it's not easy. I hope that there are some downpoints. I hope that there's some stuff that to overcome, because right now just feels very uh like.
Speaker 1: Hope all the way. But it's funny that you say that, because we we did talk about that in the trailer. When we discussed the trailer, Katie was the first one to bring it up. She was just like, Hey, this is a new hope, reskin. I didn't like the trailer, but that doesn't give me much hope for But the thing is, I think that more so than a new Hope Reskin. I think that unfortunately, when it comes to like Star Wars as a whole, you give one hundred people, hey, here's the reins at whatever Star Wars story you want to tell, people will always go back to what they know, unfortunately, And I think when it came to the Ninth Jedi or when it comes to the Ninth Jedi, I I really enjoyed season one. I really enjoyed season three's episode do I think because like when it came to season three, we had a lot of problems with the Ronans sequel, Yeah, same thing, and it was it was just like hey, like overall, I think both of us Katie and I had the one of the other stories as like our number one spot ninth Jedi was still like there to be like, hey it was they did a good job. It was beautiful. That ship was great, right, Oh my god, it looked so pretty. But the story was very Yeah, And I think what it was is, hey, we're making a series, remember us Like that essentially what it was. Yeah, So I I really do hope that looking at the eight episode type of storytelling with what we saw in mal, I'm like, hey, we need to get past the like, hey, let's just squander until the last minute and then boom.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: And it's really tough because I saw some guy on TikTok maybe like last year, and this is like before I interviewed. I did Anime Expo New York last year and I got to sit down in a room with James Wall, like the executive director, and blah blah blah blah blah whatever, and he kept saying the whole time like he just wants stuff with stories to say. That's how they picked. They want something with something to say. So I just hope it has something to say, because I don't feel like the last edition of it did. So that's just where I hope it goes with it, Like I hope it has something to say, and I hope that it does it well over eight episodes so that way we can be And the thing too, is that before that I saw on TikTok some guy I guess who was like on who's working with Lucas or Star Wars or other. He said something to the fact that like when Star Wars Visions first came out, they basically like, do.
Speaker 1: We have any anime fans in the chat and then like you could just tell that, like the people.
Speaker 4: Running this were not anime fans, Like the people promoting this in the very beginning were't anime fans. Even Star Wars Visions one and two did not receive the amount of marketing that any other thing has.
Speaker 1: Visions was like a little bit better.
Speaker 4: But I think personally, I think that's because I called him out and a bunch of us called him out, and he's like, I think that the marketing is doing well, and then three of us like actually to him up, like, no, go look on your Instagram right now, and I can tell you that there's no Star Wars Visions anything available, So I'm hoping with this. They're like, okay, people love anime. People love like this is cool that.
Speaker 1: It's been a big point of conversation for both me and Katie. When Visions starts to become a conversation, it's like, hey, you're like four weeks too late. You should have been doing stuff way back then. Hype up the week before it comes out, and I didn't even know what came out next week.
Speaker 2: Yeah exactly, because it wasn't announced until Anime Con.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, exactly, right right, And.
Speaker 2: That's just a like hit on Star Wars as a whole, like in the streaming endeavor, like we should not be announcing release dates a month before they happen, like.
Speaker 4: People should if you care about the creators. Yeah, this is like a lack of lack of interest in the creators who are like.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know, because we just got like ABC's and CBS's announcement for like, okay, this is when the fall schedule starts, like at least that, like, this is just it's really ridiculous that we had to wait this song. My only hope is that there's nothing else Star Wars related on Disney Plus for the rest of the year, So I'm hoping that this gets it a little more traction. Maybe I don't have a lot of hope for the marketing to continue.
Speaker 1: I'm really I'm really interested because again, like if it's not Star Wars, I'm not really paying attention to too much on Disney Plus these days. Our group from a geek verse and the gay uh, they kind of keep me updated on everything else as far as like what's coming out on Disney Plus in our circles right now is uh X men ninety seven. I don't know if it's completed.
Speaker 4: I don't think it is, because I think they're on episode nine this week, I believe.
Speaker 1: Okay, so so next week, so that means we are getting the finale episode of ninety seven along with the entire series of the Ninth Jedi, so you kind of have to compete with that, which I am not really happy with. So, okay, we got a little bit of time.
Speaker 4: I guess it's it's episode seven.
Speaker 1: Oh that's today.
Speaker 4: Yeah, August fifth is the penultimate episode.
Speaker 1: Okay, so so still next week it has to compete with still has to compete with X Men, So it'll be interesting to see what the timelines will look. Are we gonna see majority X Men stuff? Are we gonna have a dabble of Ninth Jedi stuff? You know, especially on the Disney Plus account.
Speaker 4: It's okay, Star Wars put out a character guide thanks for by Kelly Knox, so you know what's good. But that just came out like today, We're getting a character guide to.
Speaker 1: Day Oh gosh, you're right, it did come out today, geez Louise, uh. Which See, this is what frustrates me because even in our reviews of these two episodes, I was like, oh yeah, you know uh Kara uh, and then that other guy and then the other.
Speaker 4: Yeah, exactly exactly. I do not know their names. I do not know their names at the top of my head. I don't know anything about them off the top of my head outside of like their character designs. Because we didn't really get a lot in that first episode, and we definitely didn't get anything in the second episode.
Speaker 1: So I'm hoping that we but then they see, that's what they should have done.
Speaker 4: We should have got an episode where we learned more about all the other Jedi so that we don't have to spend time doing that in in the actual series, in the actual because like.
Speaker 2: I'm looking at this character guide that you just sent, like the father was a Jedi Knight.
Speaker 1: Does he counted the nine? Who counts in the nine? Yeah? Yeah, yeah, yeah yeah. So we'll see how it goes. Uh. I think for me when it comes to predictions and everything, uh I, I hope this has emotion and not just lightsabers.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we we've had a ongoing conversation and I think it's a legitimate ongoing conversation outside of just this podcast, but Star Wars projects with and without lightsabers. Are they viable? Are they not viable? It's Star Wars. I think everything is viable, But when it comes to how much hype is attached to them, I think the conversation becomes a little bit more real when it comes to lightsabers versus notsabers, unfortunately, which is crazy to talk about because we got and Or with literally no lightsabers, and it was the best show that everybody always talks about when it comes to Star Wars, and yet we still have this conversation of, oh, but doesn't have a lightsabers. Well.
Speaker 4: Outlaws is one of my favorite games, and you never even you see like one lightsaber in that game, and it's and it's no, you don't even think you see a lightsaber in the game because I don't think Vader pulls it out right, I don't think so.
Speaker 1: King has been off forever. You haven't played yet, you hate Star Wars. Just kidding, Katie.
Speaker 4: I know that you can't play it, but if you would have played it, like go watch clips of of like that specific scene where like the first time the Force ever shows up in the courseun the only time the Force ever shows up in that game. It's one of Vator's best scenes. It's one of Vator's best scenes. It's it's it's great, but that no lightsabers.
Speaker 1: I think it. I think it does well.
Speaker 4: Ah God, if I hear it, if I hear again, the thing that will be like my barometer for when talking about sarbs and people is like, what do you think about the acolade? I thought the lightsaber fights were cool, and like, that's it. I'm checking out. I'm checking out. Man, We're not We're not five anymore, you know.
Speaker 1: A little bit.
Speaker 2: I'm hopeful that it's not a new hope reeskin. I am interested to see based in the trailer like that the dark lord that's in it here, like his blade glows the blue color versus the red of what you would expect is to sit. So I am interested to see how that plays in that storytelling aspect there, if that will lead to intense character moments. The fact that in this character guy they put that the father's a Jedi, a former Jedi knight, really pissed me. So I completely lost the other expectation I had because I'm like, what the fuck was this?
Speaker 1: I don't I don't remember them even saying that we just knew that he was some sort of smith. Yeah, exactly, And I thought that.
Speaker 2: Was super cool that it was just like, okay, like the Jedi went to people to get their lightsabers forged. But now you're telling me that he probably really wasn't that and he just built lightsabers for bunch of other people.
Speaker 1: Yeah. So I still think the concept of like, which I think is hilarious because we've now spent like what almost two years, uh defending Acolyte and the bleeding of crystals, like this is literally like this concept in the Ninth Jedi goes off of emotion based whether you are you know, leaning towards the light side or dark side of the force is the color of your lightsaber and it can literally change, you know, in a blink of an eye. I still think that concept is very very interesting, in in very very cool. So you know, Adrian, you said that you didn't get the chance to watch the trailer. One of the like dun dun dun moments of the trailer is at the very end, uh, this new warlord by the name of General Nawam is speaking to Kara about how, like, oh what, like how many people have you killed in the name of justice, what makes you any different from me? And while his voiceover is happening in the trailer, she like looks really freaked out looking at her lightsaber and it's red, so like it's a really And we know that because in the first episode of Visions season one, she when she first grabbed the lightsaber, it was like see through kind of like mutual clear, Like we know that her relationship with the Force has grown since season three's episode of Visions, so like we know that if somebody were to toss her another lightsaber or her toss one to somebody else, that would change. So her holding the lightsaber and it being read does indicate that something has happened. So I think that is still something that is entry and so like okay, like this means something. What does that mean? I think that is a good hook, and I think that's gonna be really fun to explore. I just really really hope that that story can really be like complex and elaborate within the eight episode.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I don't want them to give any reason of like, oh, we don't need to make this again because this one didn't do well. You know, if the story's good enough, I think it'll carry yeah, we got to make up for Lucasfilm marketing, which is annoying. But I'm sure next week we'll be talked about it'll it'll all be okay.
Speaker 2: The other thing I'm concerned about is the episode time, just because it was so varied. It's so varied in visions, like they didn't go, okay, you have to fill twenty seven minutes, that kind of thing. I was like, I don't want it to be eight episodes of fifteen minute lengths. Yeah, like I want a thirty minute episode here. So that's my only concern going into next week about dropping all eight episodes. I'm worried this is gonna be two hours and we're gonna call it done, Like I don't want.
Speaker 1: That, yeah, for sure. Anything else on the ninth Jedi Predictions, make sure you're watching, yep, make sure you're watching, please, because the only other way we're gonna get other vision stories right is manga and books. And I will say, as we are getting ready to review Star Wars Visions, Soukomo, it is quite possibly my favorite vision story as right now.
Speaker 2: I meant to look up how to pronounce these guys' names, and I totally forgot.
Speaker 1: So these creators, as somebody who loves manga I will be able to tell you. So these creators are actually, uh, the mangakas for Ultraman. So when you look at the art style of some of the characters in here, you're like, yes, like this is very reminiscent of Ultraman. All right, you sold me. I don't want any spoilers.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna go buy the book because I really want you sold me. You sold me with Ultramn. I love Ultraman and I love and I.
Speaker 1: Don't want spoilers honestly, like legitimately, like I need this to be in Vision season four, if not like a secret like ongoing manga series. This is currently only from viz Media and Disney. This is not a Marvel title. This is a viz Media title, straight up viz Media. Yeah. So for people who have not read it yet, stop the podcast, go read it. It is absolutely amazing. It is I think one hundred and uh actually it's one hundred and ninety five pages long. Actually, no, it's it's two hundred pages. Very quick read, very very quick read. I think one of the beautiful things about this is this is finally the first Star Wars manga that you actually read in the correct way of manga. Does a Lost Stars want not do that?
Speaker 2: No, I don't have a lot.
Speaker 1: I could go look at my Lost Stars.
Speaker 2: But yeah, mangas were all right, left.
Speaker 1: They all read like normal American style books. This one is traditional manga. Yeah. It has the warning that most manga have where it says, oh, you're reading this in the wrong way. Beautiful, beautiful storytelling, Adrian, if you are being serious, Yeah, no, I you sold me on it. You sold me on it.
Speaker 4: I just respect your opinion a lot, and I just don't like, I can't what I'm going to read after I'm right now I'm doing I'm reading is like Stars.
Speaker 1: Yes, yeah, loving it, loving it. So it was a great review from us. We absolutely loved it. That review is also on the podcast feed right now for anybody who has not picked it up yet or who has picked would like I did chapter one and I was like, I'm in the very last line of chapter one and I was just like, this is my kind of book. I what is?
Speaker 6: What was there?
Speaker 4: What I loved about it not get out of you tie, but what I really loved about it was just the fact that I mean obviously this is the thing, but like a story within a story like we have like a there's literature, there's like all this other stuff within the universe, and I just love that we're getting it in an original story within an original story within it.
Speaker 1: It's just so good.
Speaker 4: It's so good, and I just want them to keep doing this. Give me characters we've never heard about, experiencing the galaxy differently, and make it a good story.
Speaker 1: So I'm super with it. All right, So before you step out, Adrian, please plug your socials. Plug any of the you said you did coverage on Sendio Comic Con please, Yeah, yeah, I get a shout out and everything else.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I discoverage for sandie O Comic Con for Star Wars specifically, So like if you're like, I don't remember any of the things that they said, and you want a more in depth one than the one that Star Wars put on their website, but why they're dot net. I have an article up there and I'll be doing some more Star Wars stuff, you know, like the ranking the games, and I'm sure all will talking about the Ninth Jedi next week, and I put in for some interviews for some of those authors from some of these books that came out or that were announced, so be on the lookout for those. But otherwise you can find me pretty much on threads and Instagram, mainly these days at super Refe ninety three.
Speaker 1: Awesome, awesome, awesome.
Speaker 2: Guys, always great for Star Wars.
Speaker 1: Yes, thank you guys so much.
Speaker 4: I miss you guys a bunch, and I hope you'll let me come back and talk about the Night Jedi next week. Of course I will send you the invite. All right, guys, have a great one, have a great rest of your stream.
Speaker 1: All right, bye bye, all right. So the two creators for Star Wars Visions Sukumo is Ichi shim Is Shimmy Zoo and t'ma Hero Shimo Gucci. They are the Mangotkas of Ultra Man. The art is absolutely phenomenal in this book. I think one of the best parts about this book is there is is a I think three or four pages of absolutely zero dialogue, and it shows a journey that our characters are taking to the destination that they're trying to get to. We jump right into this story, which I absolutely love. It tells us it has its own kind of krawl in the beginning, which.
Speaker 2: I appreciated because it set the scene appropriately. I didn't even read the back with this, Like typically when I get him, I'm like, okay, I'm gonna read the back, or I've read the synopsis previously. This one, because of my move and stuff, I just completely.
Speaker 1: Forgot about it, just jumped into it.
Speaker 2: And just jumped straight into it. So I definitely needed the crawl in the beginning to get us to get me set up.
Speaker 1: So we actually start with the one thing that I hate in storytelling but actually does make it worth it. We have non linear storytelling in this book. We start off with a confrontation with a supposed Jedi known as Nagi Sukumo uh and he has two droids with him. He's like, Okay, we're gonna make it to our destination. And then it goes so far into the past, and this is earlier sometime after order sixty six. We learn that Nagis Sukumo has been poisoned and that he is slowly dying.
Speaker 4: And.
Speaker 1: It is assumed that this Stormtrooper helmet is helping Sukumo live in some sort of because at one point he does takes it. He does take it off, and one of the droids is like, are you okay, Can you like take off your helmet and your condition blah blah blah. He says, yeah, it does help to breathe some of the fresh air sometimes. So this Stormtrooper helmet does have a purpose. It's not just for oor farming. It's not just to make him look cool. It has a purpose to the story, which I actually really enjoyed. But the journey that they are on is this lonesome you know, exile, well not exile. He's a fugitive, of course, he is a survivor of Order sixty six. He finds these two random droids and they're like, hey, we're on the hunt to this droid paradise, which, by the way, a little sneak peek into our Patreon series here. Ever since we started talking about New Jedi Order and that about that small little subplot with see three po Ever since we talked about that, we've been getting more and more stories like this, more stories that humanize droids, which is really weird because that New Jedi Ordered story is so old, like it's it's not anything relevant. We are literally only reading it because hey, we wanted to do it for Patreon. But it's just so ironic that we are going through that and then all of these other stories come through. Katie, how did you feel about this story, the introduction to our antagonist of the story, and the reveal at the end. I want everything because, like I said, I already everybody knows already this is now my face vision story of all time.
Speaker 3: I was so confused, and I think it's because it was such a quick read and I didn't have time for a second read.
Speaker 2: I admit that didn't have time. So I'm reading through this and I'm like, Okay, we're getting back, and I think I think my main problem with why I was confused is the black and white aspect. And I know that the whole thing. I know that the whole thing. I'm not going to get into it, but I think the fact because typically when you have nonlinear storytelling, there's some visual distinction right that says, hey, we've gone back in time, but we've gone to the future. We're in the present, like whatever, there's nothing of that sort in here, and so especially with the art style and the black and white, I was definitively in the mindset of Okay, we're in the same vibe like okay, like and there's like a bunch of cracking and stuff, and so I was like, Okay, the Droid's dead like cool. But then like, actually the review is is that the droid has been masquerading is Stucomo like basically the entire time in the present, and that they're dispersing his ashes on his home planet. And I'm like, what, like, wait in a second, hang on, I don't.
Speaker 1: I love this story so much. I love this story so much. So the reveal of this droid is the antagonist from the Empire. We learn that they have, uh, they don't have Darth Vader. They have a Jedi assassin droid that they program with the old Jedi archives.
Speaker 2: That's also what I was like, like, okay, is he did they put a former Jedi because it seems like he was actually going through memories and stuff.
Speaker 1: Yes.
Speaker 2: I was like, did they put a Jedi brain in this Jedi droid kind of like the roning Like.
Speaker 1: Yes, yeah. So this is essentially the idea that comes across in this book is you make a droid so complex and feed him so much information. When we talk about Ai little side tangent here, recently, there has been several stories about open Ai and other ai bots that are derailing in their programming. They are escaping security protocols and like hacking other systems and stuff like that. And I'm just like, a guys, has anybody seen Terminator? I'm I'm just saying this is essentially what this is. This droid becomes so well known in the Jedi arts and the Jedi teachings. He starts to question why, just like any other padawan would without a master. He's questioning why why why? Why why? And nobody's teaching him why because the Empire doesn't care. Hey, you just need to go kill Jedi. So when he finally interacts with Sukomo, they are fighting, and the droid is so angry at the fact that there is contradicting data of his teachings versus what the reality of the galaxy is, and so he's asking why, why, why why why? And Sukumo does say, which is an amazing line. He says, oh, shoot, where is it? Uh? Uh shoot? Where he says knowledge without experience is less than wisdom.
Speaker 2: Is such a powerful line.
Speaker 1: There's nothing that the droid has learned. He's being fed information. That's it. He he he's just learning history. Yeah, he's he's learning these fighting styles and all this other stuff, and he says, look around you, there is no one here to argue against it. When he does offer him, Hey, why don't you be my padawan, He's like, what are you talking about? I'm here to kill you. He says, like the droid questions like, I can't be your padawan. I can't be a Jedi, I can't wield the Force, and Seacomba's like, who says? Who says you can't? The Force is an all encompassing thing that guides this entire galaxy? What do you mean you can't? Realistically, that is actually truthful in the myth thos of Star Wars yep. So we see this like what should have been what probably would have been seen as like a flashback. This is more Jedi archive being fed into the droid, and he's seeing it as a flashback. He is seeing this Jedi being a hero to people. This droid is questioning his programming with reality. He sees that there is no Jedi here, There is no Jedi in the galaxy that are being heroes. He is seeing that the Empire is bad and there's nobody to save people. This is literally Ai growing a consciousness, and he says, Jedi must be heroes. And he's telling Sucomo that he doesn't care about rationalizing, he just needs to answer him. And you're right. There's a lot of like false like like all the clashing up it's meant to throw you off for the reveal at the end. Yeah, we see when it's revealed. At the very end, we go back to where the book started. We see Soukomo doing some awesome stuff with the lightsaber, and then he takes off the helmet and it's the Assassin Droid. We learn that in that fight, the poison took over and killed Sukomo. Yeah, it was not the Assassin Droid that killed him. It was the poison. And Katie I got goosebumps like I've never had bumps before. You see the droid lift his hand towards the lightsaber that's on the ground, and all the Clone Troopers or all the Stormtroopers are like, what's this guy doing. He's a droid, he can't do anything like this. This thing must be malfunctioning. And then there's a small twitch and then it speeds towards the droid, he grabs it, lights it and starts fighting and all this other stuff. I was.
Speaker 2: The Stormtroopers like, nah, dude, we're not doing this. I'm on your side, Like, oh, like what so.
Speaker 1: That's that's the other reason why I don't think this story is completed. That's why I think there is going to be a volume two. This is quite possibly going to be an ongoing series. I think they're waiting to see how many people get their hands on this. M Again, I think they did very poorly with the advertise. I haven't seen anything about this book whatsoever.
Speaker 2: Star Wars needs. Do you follow the del Rey uh pr group on Instagram?
Speaker 1: No? I think you you should. If you do, you need to share it with me so that way I can follow them.
Speaker 2: Yeah. So del Rey at the beginning of every month, they basically do a carousel post and it's like, here's what we're publishing this month, and Star Wars needs to do something similar like publish the ongoing comics, like the week to week issues. Publish this like say hey, here's what we're excited for this month. You have a freaking pang on Siri, I am not talking to you. That was creepy. Star Wars needs to do something similar is like, you have all of these options. We have a freaking Star Wars Reads month, where like am ed Best has been announced as the ambassador this year for that, which is cool, but like you have a month dedicated to reading Star Wars. You need to accept that the readers here are the reason you're around still. And yes we're drawing people in with the Disney plushes and the movies coming back and everything, but at the end of the day, the readers are your bread and butter. Yeah, and you need to be advertising to your readers on your social media feeds.
Speaker 1: One thing that for one, we as a podcast will promote what we are promoting. I do not think any company should say, hey, if this is good enough, people will promote it, and we don't have to do a thing that is poor, poor poor marketing. What's what's the phrase of lology strategy? Yes, poor marketing strategy. I truly think this could literally be I keep doing this because I'm holding it like a regular book, but I'm doing the back that I literally think this could be the next big thing for Star Wars. No joke. Whether this be because guys, most manga, not most manga, the really big mangas will go on for twenty thirty forty volumes and then they get picked up for an animated series. This I see the vision, literally the vision. I literally see the vision that this could go the exact same route. That is how good this series is with just one volume and two hundred pages. Yeah, this is beautiful. And honestly, with how regular manga is written, this is probably less than half of what a volume one would be. So just consider how much story could actually still be in here for just a first volume of a manga. But when I saw that Stormtrooper say, so is this what you really want? Like that like and we see like, hey, I'm on your side. They are cooking something. There is there is story here. I think they are waiting to see how the sales go.
Speaker 2: And clearly clearly the Ultraman connection. I have no idea what Ultraman is. I hate to break into you guys, oh, but clearly you and Adrien knew what Ultraman was and how popular it is. Clearly these guys came in and were like, we would love to write a Star Wars. Like, let us write Star Wars. There's promise there and there's a fan base there that you can immediately draw on.
Speaker 1: The fact that when this story continues after that confrontation of the Stormtroopers, we then learn that this droid becomes the protector of this droid paradise. I'm like, yes, yes, Like this is amazing. I love this concept of now this rumor of what wasn't even there in the first place is now true with its own protector, a droid that has now become one with the force able to be a legitimate Jedi. I could see there being like these Like, for one, he's gone against his programming. Now, okay, how much more is he gonna learn? Is he going to now be like, yes, he's protecting these Jedi. Is he going to I mean, he's protecting the droids. Is he going to teach other droids how to become Jedi? You know? Is he going to teach them enough so that way he can go on his own adventures and leave the planet. Is he now going to have like some sort of like earning to be like, hey, I have to protect more than just this planet against an empire that is wanting to take over the galaxy. Like there's so many different things that can come from this. This is absolutely amazing. Yeah, and now my favorite story of any Star Wars visions.
Speaker 2: Now, I don't think it's it's my favorite, but it is up there. It's a good story. But I had issues just with the different presentations of time because I get wanting to confuse a reader there's or a viewer or whatever, like I get wanting to draw that confusion. But there was also opportunity, like clearly you had it figured out. But just because of the way I'm not used to the storytelling type, it was a little bit more confusing for me, just with how we kept flashing back and forth. So again it's meant for that confusing part to like play up the trickery. I just don't like how it was done. I've seen it done better in books, so I imagine there's a better way to do it here. That's just my one thing really that is a negative. So otherwise I thought it was a great story. I loved it. Most of the art style I do enjoy. I actually liked this artist better than the Higher Republic.
Speaker 1: Manga.
Speaker 2: Uh. This art style was definitely more favorable to me. So I would love to see this continue as a as a as an ongoing manga.
Speaker 1: Both of both of the creators are drawing. Okay, yeah, yeah cool. Usually for people who are not aware, Amongaka does both story and art so uh and usually when there's teams uh, they they share the look so and you can kind of see a slight difference in art from panel to panel, uh or from one chapter to the other, but they are pretty consistent. I really like the design of the Assassin droid. I really like the design h E ten and h D seven. Yeah. I thought that they were both very very cute droids. I like the hulking like bear looking one, right is it is it a bear or is it no? It's it's it's just like a big one. I was thinking of the bear from the other vision story. Yeah, and I do.
Speaker 2: I do always love that there's the character designed for a couple of the characters in the back of the bonga. It really helps kind of picture what they were aiming for in like a more plane setting, so you could really see the detail involved.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah, absolutely amazing stuff. I also want to give a shout outs to the editor Grace Orris. We have the lettering of Phil Phil Christi design Paul pa Durau. Sorry, copy editor Justin Hoger and the one more editor Amber. No, those are all in the back here. Everybody at Fizz Media. You did an amazing job at this original concept. Very very cool. Yeah, I absolutely love this, guys. This is a fifteen dollars book. There was literally only one copy at my local Barnes and Noble, which unfortunately kind of tells me what people are thinking about this book. Go buy it, go read it, Go tell more people about it. Beautiful, beautiful story.
Speaker 2: Talking, Yeah, for sure.
Speaker 1: But I believe that is it. That is That is one of the longer episodes that we've had in a while. But guys, thank you so much for being here again. Thanks to Adrian for showing up. He's gonna be here for the next two weeks as well as we are reviewing the Ninth Jedi for the next two weeks, and we have some other stuff planned out for of course the rest of the year, so be on the lookout for everything. Of course, you can always find me at fanboy Clay on Instagram and Threads. Been using Threads a lot more in the last few days, so Abby has kind of gotten me into that kick lately, So go check me out over there as you have. I have started posting on our socials. Finally, I finally got into the groove of things, and I'm testing some things out as far as like what type of posts. So you'll see anything of anything and everything under the sun. You'll see reels, you'll see carousel posts. You'll see kind of stagnant posts, so interact with those, check them out. And yeah, you guys will also see me over at Ranger Alliance. Our new show Omega Horn started last week. We are getting started on that this upcoming Monday, because we wanted to do episodes one and two. It was really bothering me that every episode that was ending on an odd number, Like no, with this new show, we're doing evens. We're doing evens. So hopefully this this show doesn't end on an odd number like our last one did. That one really is like why? But go check us out over there, Katie. What about you?
Speaker 2: Y'all? You can find me on the most social media platforms. That's at Slice Katie. This show you can find on Instagram, threads, and Blue Sky. It's at Star Wars Alliance about the A and the war is very important, don't forget it. You can also use that username and shoot us email. Just put that user name again. That's Star Wars Alliance at the A and the Wars at gmail dot com. Shoots an email. Talk about the Ninth Jedi next week, talk about the amazing books and comics and manga that we got out in July. So anything in everything, you guys can always shoot us a message wherever it may be. For August, so Clan and I have already talked about this, we're splitting the Ninth Jedi into a part one end part review, so August sixth in the podcast feeds. August fifth on the live feeds will on YouTube. For our live we will be talking about episodes one through four of Star Wars Visions Presents the Ninth Jedi. The following week we'll be episodes five through eight, and then on the twentieth we will be reviewing Hyperspace stories code break here, and then on the twenty seventh, you guys have already heard our middle grade conversation for High Republic, we are gonna be going through all of the young adults and Clay like we talked about last night.
Speaker 6: That's for all three phases, so don't forget, yes, but that is what you guys can expect for August, so that's all of that.
Speaker 2: September is basically another big comic month, guys. I'm not gonna go week by week. We'll do that at the end of August. But then October is like our spooky season. Plus it's the return of Master of Evil, for what does Katie think after she reads the book for a fourth time and actually understands what the ending means. In November, there's a lot of things going on, but you can that is when you can expect our Higher Republic adult spranking for when we will be talking about how all of the adult books in the Higher Republic intertwine. And then in December it's kind of our wrap up at the end of the year. We will actually for the first time Clint and I have been trying to do this every single year, but it never works out. We're going to be going through every single release for twenty twenty six and talking where does it rank in the grand scheme of things, so for the year specifically, So that is what you guys can expect for August and some teases for the rest of the year. So yeah, with that, guys, I want to wish everyone a grade, day or night, whatever time I day, you're listening or watching, and we will see y'all next time. May the Four should be with you.
Speaker 5: M