Speaker 1: One thing about this gene is the invisible and tangibles that they have.
Speaker 2: This team is really becoming a family.
Speaker 3: Let's not play one on two. Let's I love writing me these guys after the show.
Speaker 4: So just thank you, give me are your attention, your fire and not a pisson. This is world champion, Dodgers, world championing for a small.
Speaker 5: Soft time they get a people what they want to die.
Speaker 6: To in a row two is special. I'm like, yeah, it's not a headache. As one of the con this ball's gone. You ready to go?
Speaker 4: Hell time, Go to the sound grab your phone to get in on the show called eight six six nine eighty seven two five seven and go to the show. And now your host of Dodger Talk, David Vasse.
Speaker 5: The Dodgers get the winning Cleveland today seven to two over the Guardians. Happy Memorial Day, David Vass with you until seven thirty tonight. We have phone lines open at eight sixty six, seven two five seventy. Jose Moto will join us at seven point fifteen. We will let you hear from Chris Taylor, who is in the starting lineup as we speak at Angel Stadium, playing center field for the Angels. Batting eighth for Ron Washington against the Yankee So Chris Taylor has signed with a team. Austin Barnes, who is designated for assignment almost ten days ago, still has not been traded or reassigned or signed with another team. So we'll see where Austin Barnes lands and Chris Taylor has a new home down the five Freeway in Anaheim. So you'll hear from Chris Taylor a little bit later. And since today is Memorial Day, I think we always were reminded by Vince Scully what this day meant to the country. Vin was obviously very patriotic and weaved in a lot of remembrances of those paid the ultimate sacrifice during a Dodger Baseball broadcast, and I wanted to share a sample of that from his open in twenty fifteen later in the show as well. Eight six six, nine eighty seven two five seventy is the phone number. I guess that's one of those things you know growing up as a Dodger fan, those will be the days that stand out more than just any other summer day during the long season. I would always remember Vin being so great. Obviously every game, but certain national holidays like Memorial Day, D Day. He would make it a point to educate us on what those days really meant and not just gloss over it and worry about your barbecues, your fireworks, your parties. There was something more to those days, and that's part of the reason why I thought it was important to share that and keep his legacy living on in that respect, especially on a day like Memorial Day. The Dodgers had a rough weekend in New York, There's no two ways about it, against a very good team in the Mets, and a lot of times, like I said, over the weekend, you have to acknowledge that, yes, the Dodgers are the defending World Series champions, but there are a lot of other teams out there that are coming after them. And hands down, if you ask anybody, the National League top to bottom is a tougher league this year than the American League. When was the last time you could say that. I can't remember the last time the National League was top to bottom stacked more than the American League. You look at the AL East that gets so much East Coast love. The Yankees are the only team above five hundred in that division, while in the NLS if the postseason started today, you would have three while you would have three playoff teams in the postseason. The Dodgers, the Giants, and the Padres all would qualify to make the postseason if it started today. So hands down, I think we can all agree that the NL West is the best division in baseball. As we take inventory on this Memorial Day, the Dodgers are thirty three and twenty one, the second best record, tied with the Cubs. The Phillies are a couple of games better than both the Dodgers and Cubs. But when you look at Memorial Day, it's kind of the first post where you take inventory of the team and really start to evaluate. There's enough of a sample size of where your team is at where it can get better. And I'm curious for you, what's the biggest concern that the Dodgers have and what's the greatest relief the Dodgers have right now? For me, obviously, and I think we can all agree on this, the bullpen is overworked. We all can say that, and how thin it is that's concerning as well. They will be getting Michael Kopek back, likely on the next homestand Kirby Yates, who strained his right hamstring. At least that's not an arm injury, probably towards the tail end of this homestand maybe the next road trip. So you got a couple of reinforcements coming back. But Blake Trinon and Evan Phillips, to me, you're not going to see them anytime soon. So that's where things are for me, the bullpen and just the workload. You can't turn back the hands of time. You can't undo the two hundred and twenty plus innings they have pitched already. All you can do is move forward and hopefully get your starters to get more dominant and give you more quality starts. And when Tyler Glassnow and Blake Snell return, hopefully sometime in the month of June, that's going to help to reinforce and support Yamamoto, who has been a one man show, including today, going six innings allowing just two earned runs to win his sixth game of the year. I was a little concerned when Dave Roberts said he hurt himself making that one man play at first base in the third inning, getting getting Will Wilson on a bun attempt, but Nonetheless, he hung in there for six innings, and hopefully he's back out there stronger like he has been next Sunday, when he will face the Yankees on Sunday Night Baseball, a rematch of a team that he saw twice last year. Yamamoto's best regular season performance was against the Yankees in June at Yankee Stadium before he unfortunately got hurt, and then in the World Series, obviously, Yamamoto was magnificent. I really believe Yamamoto to me and Freddie Freeman to me have been the two shining stars alongside Otani to start this year. Where would they be without the performance of Yamamoto, And if you go back to spring training, there were It's just something about him, the conviction of his bullpen sessions, his confidence even in the clubhouse, the way he pitched in the postseason last year. There was something about him that convinced me, this guy can be a cy Young contender. And here he is contending for the cy Young. If you're into the odds and think odds make everything for you, well, him and Paul Skeenes are the two favorites to win the National League cy Young this year. So Yamamoto has delivered. And how about Freddy Freeman, who obviously struggled at the beginning of the year with that right ankle slipping in the shower, still kind of feeling it out coming out of spring training, I think is the best.
Speaker 6: Way to put it.
Speaker 5: Maybe rushed it, but here he is, Freddie Freeman, one of the best hitters of our generation, proving it on a very high level right now. When you look at just what he's been able to do as far as the batting average, he's neck and neck with Aaron Judge as far as the best batting average in Major League Baseball. Freddy today with three more hits, I mean, Freddie is he's doing things that you know you don't expect from a thirty six year old. Right Freddie Freeman's hitting three sixty one. Only Aaron Judge has a higher batting average at three ninety five. Freddy this year nine home runs, thirty five RBIs, and fourteen doubles. And I'll say this again, I firmly have this vision of Freddie Freeman facing Max Freed in the first inning of this year's All Star Game in their own old ballpark of Truest Park, where they won the World series together. Eight six six nine eight seven two five seventy is the phone number. Let's go out to Jacksonville, Florida. Jeff, you're on Dodger Talk with David vasse Hi.
Speaker 7: Jeff, Hey, David, thank you for taking the call. Thanks for hosting the show.
Speaker 2: You're still my favorite Dodger insider.
Speaker 6: He's your second fish.
Speaker 7: Oh gosh, whoever answered the phone?
Speaker 5: Colin, he's your second favorite Dodger inside. All right, I'll take that.
Speaker 7: He got me on here, He's he got me on here.
Speaker 2: He's a gentleman.
Speaker 7: I really appreciate both of you. Yeah, I know, to answer your question, since you already covered the pitching, I'd say Max Munsey because I say that because he's one of my favorite guys. I don't have jerseys, but if I did, i'd have a monthly jersey.
Speaker 3: And I didn't take to see him.
Speaker 7: I hope he's got to turned around in all the ways he needs to do it, and so he doesn't eventually become you know, so he's not playing at the Angels. Yeah, anytime in the you know what I mean.
Speaker 5: So totally, he's got to turn it around here, I mean, he's got to turn it around or I feel like the Dodgers are going to look for other options. And I don't know about you, Jeff, but aren't you tired of hearing and reading that Michael Confordo is hitting the ball hard and his exit velocity is so great that means absolutely nothing. Michael can form was hitting a buck sixty two. He walked twice today it was zero for one. I'm so tired of the narrative that Michael Confordo is hitting the ball hard. It's not like anybody has said he's hitting into bad luck. He's not hitting into bad luck. He's just not hitting. That's what I'm tired about. For me, if you had to give an award for the most overused narrative, that would be it that Michael Confordo is hitting the ball hard, just nothing to show for it. No, he's hitting into a lot of ground ball double plays and he's just not hitting.
Speaker 6: He's making outs well.
Speaker 3: And I just want to ask you, I totally agree.
Speaker 7: And you know, I mean, he things like, we get these guys and it had great years last year and then they come here and they.
Speaker 3: Struggle for some reason.
Speaker 7: Maybe it's the bright lights or something, but.
Speaker 5: That's a blanket statement too, because Taioscar Hernandez came here after playing in Seattle and he's turned into the Taoscar Hernandez that we all know.
Speaker 7: Well, that's true, and I listen. I wanted to ask you one question though. I just read something that I don't follow all the news, like super close, but I saw that they had optioned sour back down at Triple A, and I thought he had done pretty well when he came up.
Speaker 3: Was it last week?
Speaker 7: And I just learned why did they Why did they option him back down?
Speaker 8: You know?
Speaker 5: Yeah, because they needed a fresh arm after a thirteen inning game, so they played, they had to maneuver their bullpen to get a fresh arm that was Bobby Miller on Saturday, and then they optioned Bobby to bring up another fresh arm in Chris Stratton today. So that's the reason why, Jeff, the Dodgers are really struggling, and that thirteen inning game did not do them any favors because not only did they go thirteen innings, but also in the middle of that game they played, they had a way through an hour and thirty eight minute rain delay in the third inning, which burned their starter Clayton Kershaw.
Speaker 6: Then, so the phone call, Jeff, appreciate it.
Speaker 5: Eight six six nine eight seven two five seventy is the phone number. We're gonna take a time out here on Dodger Top. When we come back, you'll hear from Chris Taylor. Also, we'll get into what the over under a number of wins for the Dodgers should be during this twenty nine grueling game stretch where they are facing all playoff teams, including the Mets twice the Yankees this weekend. They'll see the Padres and Giants for the first time during this twenty nine game stretch. I have a certain number that I feel would be passable for the Dodgers considering everything involved during this twenty nine game stretch where the Dodgers are seven games in already and they're four and three after a seven to two win over the Guardians on a five to seventy LA Sports.
Speaker 4: On air at AM five to seventy online at amfive seventy LA sports dot com, and available my podcast on the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 6: This is Dodger Talk with David Bassa.
Speaker 9: Same time tomorrow to Klaus Morano Casino Dodgers on Debt Scheffer pitched three ten and will hits a high drive to left field. This one's way back and this ball is gone. It's a home run for will Smith, is fifth of the season, and the Dodgers, with two outs in the ninth get another. It is seven to two.
Speaker 5: Will Smith, since the first day of the Cactus League, has swung a hot bat.
Speaker 6: He's seen the ball really well.
Speaker 5: Two walks today, two hits today, including that home run for will Smith in the ninth inning to help the Dodgers close out a seven to two win over the Guardians in Cleveland. Today, Daniels Jewelers presents the home run forecast. Go to AM five to seventy LA sports dot com use the keyword home run for your chance to win a fifty dollars Daniels Jewelers gift card predicting the number of home runs in the very next game.
Speaker 6: Daniels Jewelers own the Dream.
Speaker 5: Eight six six nine eight seven two five seventy is the phone number Jose Mota will check in in ten minutes and also before we sign off at the bottom of the hour.
Speaker 6: We'll let you here.
Speaker 5: Vince Scully on Memorial Day twenty fifteen, I mentioned the Dodgers are in a grueling twenty nine game stretch where they are facing playoff teams. I think we can all agree the Guardians have a very good chance of making the postseason again, certainly the Mets and Yankees. The Padres, and as of now, the Giants would be considered a postseason team. Not to mention the three games at the end of the last homestand where the Dodgers faced off against the Arizona Diamondbacks. So that's what marks what I consider the toughest twenty nine game stretch for the Dodgers this season, starting with that final three game series against the Diamondbacks at home on the last home stand before they set out on this road trip. It's twenty nine games the the Dodgers are facing the Diamondbacks, the Mets, the Guardians, the Mets actually seven times, because it's a four game series against the Mets next week after a three game rematch series against the New York Yankees. Not to mention the Dodgers seeing the Padres for the first time this year. They're gonna see them seven times in the middle of June, and they haven't seen them once so far. Not to mention the surprising Cardinals in Saint Louis and the Giants at home before they get in between San Diego series in San Diego and at Dodgers Stadium. So my point is, we all know where the Dodgers are with their bullpen. We all know they're a little thin, and they're starting rotation. The Dodgers to begin this twenty nine game stretch are four and three. What would be a good number for wins during this stretch considering the teams I just mentioned, considering where the Dodgers pitching is right now, and I'm gonna go better than five. The Dodgers can be better than five hundred during this twenty nine game stretch. I feel like so many that cover the Dodgers and so many that follow the Dodgers kind of short change this offense. This is one of, if not the best offense offenses in all a Major League Baseball. The offense is going to have to carry the Dodgers to victory like they did today, and hopefully Tanner Scott can get back on track. We saw him in the eighth inning. He gave up a double to Jose Ramirez, but did not give up a run. And I think we can all concede that Jose Ramirez is one of the best hitters in baseball, so if he can give him a double with nobody on base, that's fine. But the key to all this is Tanner Scott has got to get right. Tanner Scott has got to be that guy the Dodgers signed after seeing how dominant he was last year, because if you don't have that anchor at the back of your bullpen missing the guys are missing right now. It will be demoralizing to lose leads in the ninth inning and blow saves. Tanner Scott has blown four saves already this year. He only blew two all of last year. So I believe a fair over under win number during this twenty nine game stretch. Considering the Dodgers have four already and twenty five more to go, or twenty two to twenty five more to go, I'm going in over under seventeen wins during this twenty nine game stretch. I feel like that's completely fair for the Dodgers to be able to grab and look, the Padres had to put Michael King on the il today. You Darvish has not thrown a single pitch for the Padres this year, the Padres don't have the pitching depth, and by the time the Dodgers get to Saint Louis, are the Cardinals going to be human again. The toughest stretch for the Dodgers to me, is coming up this weekend a rematch against the Yankees and and also four games against the Mets. That's going to be a very tough seven game stretch, and I just believe you should have your expectations in the right spot. Yes, I said, seventeen wins over under is realistic for the Dodgers during this twenty nine game stretch, but a lot of times it's not going to be ugly. They're gonna have to grind wins out. Yeah, there might be times where they have to come from behind and the last at bad after things did not look great in the beginning. But I think we all should just have those expectations. A win is a win, especially during this twenty nine game stretch where at times it's not going to look pretty. Eight six, six nine, eight seven, two five seventy is the phone number. Let's go out to Pasadena, Darryl. You want to talk about Mookie Betts.
Speaker 6: How you doing, Darryl?
Speaker 3: I I'm good, David, thank you for step to my call. MD Laning is Mookie should not be playing touchdown. He need to be back in right field when he's a Hall of Famer. And then what, I don't know why Colfordo is skilled in the lineup. The dude is not hitting.
Speaker 2: You need to get.
Speaker 3: Somebody else for shortstop and put Ko back in the field so we can I mean, we cannot win a world theory with rookie hitting like this or playing like this. He has left an average shortstop. We need a good shortstop to win another championship.
Speaker 5: Well, I would say that he's better than a below average short stop. I would say he's about average. I know, you know, people around the team want to give him a little bit more, but I feel like he's an average shortstop and he's done better than what he did last year. But I believe it's a fair question to ask has his emphasis on shortstop and playing that position at thirty two years old where traditionally historically guys that have played that their entire careers and are at thirty two years old. I'm talking about guys like Jimmy Rollins, Troy Tulowitzki, the list goes on and on their offense dips over the age of thirty playing that position. So it's a fair question to ask Darryl. But defensively, I think he's been okay offensively. Is the question? Is it taking something out of the pop of his back? Consistently he has a seven fifty two ops. I think you know, it's early in the season. Let's see where it goes. But defense is not the issue to me. I'm just wondering, is it taking away from his offense?
Speaker 3: That's what I'm saying it is he's thirty two years old.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it doesn't usually happen this way, Darryl, that's for sure. This is something we've never seen before. Thanks to the phone call, appreciate it. Eight sixty six nine eight seven two five seventy is the phone number. Dodgers beat the Guardians today seven to two. Mookie Betts did drive in one of the seven runs today. The Dodgers had seven different players drive in a run today, so he was part of that. I have the Angels Yankees game on that's being played at Angel Stadium to start their series, and Chris Taylor, in case you missed it earlier today, was signed by the Angels. He's starting in center field, and he's doubling up on the number three he wore with the Dodgers. He's wearing number thirty three with the Angels. He just had his first at bat against former teammate Ryan Yarborough and not surprisingly, he struck out on a breaking ball down in a way. But here was what Chris Taylor had to say to the media in Anaheim before the game today.
Speaker 10: I'm excited to stay home. I get to plat at home, you know, and Dames has been playing really good baseball, so I'm excited doing the team and hopefully get on the field. That's one thing with the Dodgers this year, I.
Speaker 5: Just my role.
Speaker 10: I wasn't getting on the field that much, so I'm really just looking forward to, like getting consistent of baths and fining time.
Speaker 8: Kenny was really excited to see you here, how much as on your face like him.
Speaker 5: In the clubhouse.
Speaker 10: Yeah, ken Lee and Ta. You know, those guys were for the Dodgers with me, so it's it's always nice to having guys he played with, and I I know a few of these guys, so it's good to have familiar faces, especially when you're trying to get acclimated.
Speaker 5: What was last week like for you?
Speaker 1: I mean, went you know, getting that years obviously then you know what were kind of town.
Speaker 5: Up the last week's years.
Speaker 10: Yeah, it was emotional.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 10: Obviously I've been with the Dodgers for nine years, so I do believe at this time for me, it was my time to kind of start crashing. You know. Hopefully Curly Page started newcaster. I'm excited to do that here. You know, this past week, I've just been working out in my gym and hitting at a local hitting facility. It's trying to stay ready.
Speaker 6: All right.
Speaker 5: There's Chris Taylor earlier today in Anaheim wearing the Angels red after being released by the Dodgers last week, And it goes back to what Dave Roberts and Andrew Friedman all.
Speaker 6: Said that he wasn't playing with the Dodgers.
Speaker 5: He wanted to play, and he very easily could have gone on the i L or the Dodgers could have done something differently roster wise where he could have stayed on the Dodgers. But Chris Taylor wanted to play. He's a baseball player. He wanted to play, and it couldn't have worked out better for him, considering he lives in the South Bay and loves to surf, loves so cal and doesn't have to uproot his family, just changing teams and going a different direction on the five Freeway. Eight six six nine eight seven two five seventy is the phone number. Dodgers beat the Guardians today seven to two. The Yankees are in Anaheim for I believe a four game series and then the big World Series rematch Dodgers Yankees beginning Friday night at Dodgers Stadium. We know that Yama Mota will be starting on Sunday Night baseball. It would be great to see Max Freed start one of the games at Dodgers Stadium as well. All right, before then, and now there's two more games in Cleveland. Let's set out to our guy, Jose Moda.
Speaker 4: It's time to go around the horn with Jose Mota.
Speaker 6: All right, Jose Mota.
Speaker 5: The Dodgers get a big win behind their cy young candidate Yoshi Yamamoto.
Speaker 6: How concerned should we.
Speaker 5: Be about the right hip or the left hip of Yamamoto after making that play on the tag in the third inning today?
Speaker 2: Somewhat concerned, but not already concerned. It was, say, if he stayed in the game and it was a cool evening in Cleveland, obviously he was not as worried. So I think for you know, precaution issues and thinking ahead of making the next start on Sundays, why Dave Roberts did it because he was quite I mean, he was a very good pitch count at eighty eight fifty five strikes, and he was cruising. I mean, he was throwing the ball very well. I didn't see the things that they saw in terms of maybe losing some of the mechanics after the hip thing or whatever miss happened first base. But I'm not already concerned. This guy is a guy that we know takes a very good curve of his body, and he believes Davis, you know very well, and inner strength, Dave, that's going to come out now too.
Speaker 6: That's right.
Speaker 5: It's all from the inner strength of the core. His sense has really helped him out. Jose, And why do you believe that we should buy in that Yamamoto can stay healthy relatively healthy the rest of the year unlike last season.
Speaker 2: First of all, experience preparation, understanding what the long journey of a big season is like unlike in Japan, where obviously he pitched once a week and he stayed home on road trips where he wasn't going to pitch, and things like that, where he knows that the grind is for real and the expectations every single night are for real, and the hitters one through nine are for real. Anybody from one through nine, Connercion with a home run. It doesn't happen in Japan all the time. And I just think that the way he trains his mental fortitude, the adjuncts that he makes, he is a guy that does not require a whole lot of manufacturing. With his mechanics. He does not overthrow. So I think that overall, being in a good space mentally and understanding the league and the surroundings and the resources that he's obviously around with the Dodgers is going to make him better. It's going to have a complete season.
Speaker 6: I believe jose Will Smith.
Speaker 5: You remember this, going back to his first start in the Cactus League, after kind of nursing whatever was ailing him over the offseason. Once he got going into games, he has not stopped. I mean, I'm not just talking about hits, but walks. He walked five times in two games in Tokyo. He walks twice. Today he has two hits in a home run. He has thirty one walks this year and forty five hits. How does this happen where a guy is locked in for this long amount of time during the beginning of the season.
Speaker 2: Oh yes, Kyle Tucker in spring training was like one for twenty three and look where he is right now. I mean, hey, it does happen. You know, Will Smith had his rough at bats and timing situations happened in spring trend that you and I talked about with a leg kick man, it's not easy to catch up with off season and then live DP and EP up the coaches and then facing him and facing pictures, i should say, in the daylight. And he was a little bit lost. And then they got to the bright less and told to and he was like, Okay, I'm gonna be patient. I'm gonna wait for a pitch. The walks started. So as a watch, Colm, remember more pitches than you see, so your eyes are trained better to go out there not miss strikes. And so far he is not missed a strike. And the great I continue. So I'm very excited to see the way that he's been managed to a little bit differently this year. I'm glad for the rest of he gets even a little bit worn out with rushing up here. But boy, this guy, he's a power and he's a force, and I just continue to see a guy that once continued to improve beyond the plot. One of the most clutch hitters in all of baseball, if not declutches hitter in baseball, and the guy that is really tough to picture because there's not a lot of holes, there's not a lot of long swings, not a lot of swinging miss and he's a ball the other way so well, which is obviously, you know, a nightmare for a pitchers trying to make a good pitch outside.
Speaker 5: Jose Mota is joining us after the Dodgers beat the Guardians on Memorial Day seven to two in Cleveland, Hose. The Dodgers are in the middle of this grueling twenty nine game stretch. They're four and three now after the win today, What do you believe is a realistic win total for them during this stretch of time where obviously playing the toughest competition, but also playing them without Glass, now without Snell, without Phillips.
Speaker 6: The list goes on and on.
Speaker 2: The thing to this for me, and I like to seventeen. I'm gonna go a little. I'm gonna go sixteen and thirteen. Okay, I think if if the Ditis continue to play the weather playing today and we go back a few weeks, they're just about five hundred. I think what's missing right now and the fact of the offense so many times has to play from behind and have to catch up with the other teams. I would take of sixteen and thirteen no matter what. I was actually get more afraid of the stretch before. They're playing the weaker teams where we do not want to be talking about that, and they took care of business then, So now let's give it up to the other teams too, that are obviously pretty deep and know them well. So I'm going to go sixteen and run.
Speaker 5: Oh, Jose, you there, oh there we are? You cut out for a second there, all right? Yeah, sixteen wins. I like that, Jose, Hey, before I let you go. Uh, Jose Ramirez, you know him well, thirty two years old now was one home run shy of a forty to forty season last year. Is he the best kept secret in baseball. I feel like if he was playing for the Dodgers or the Yankees or the Mets, he would be blown up by major League Baseball, as you know, the face of the league.
Speaker 6: But because he's in Cleveland.
Speaker 5: I don't feel like he gets the appreciation he deserves.
Speaker 2: Oh, Dave, You're right on the money. This guy is somebody that absolutely at George playing the game because he was so small before he signed a few scouts into the midics and said, who's this guy you bringing me here? What are you bringing them for? And he actually won home one time, started crying and said I'm going to prove people wrong. And people that right now see him shying, and people really just put him aside, the one saying why didn't I see the heart that he has. He's one of the most He's one of the funniest guys in the clubhouse. He's a fighter. He has tremendous goals for himself. He wants to steal fifty bases and he doesn't hide it. I mean, he hit a collision the other day first base. I think he's gonna be out for a month. He's playing with him three days and let me say he's an extra base machine. He drives him the bed, runs, spinscrum position. He's a guy that you really make sure that you don't face very much. And as other teams come in and you better find a guy like let's make sure this guy doesn't hurt us. It's obviously it was ever mirrors, but I really appought a guy that came into the shortstop. Fail shortstop. Then they talk him with a utility guy. And right now he is one of the faces of baseball, unfortunately playing in Cleveland. But for sure this guy fits in every club, any club, and he is a leader in the clubhouse and plays with a lot of heart.
Speaker 5: One of the great hitters, great players. He can do a defensively and offensively in baseball. Hopefully the Dodgers can keep him in check the final two games of this series.
Speaker 6: Jose, happy memorial. Dan, We'll talk to you tomorrow.
Speaker 2: So all those are in our minds right now. Thank you for your service and for those family.
Speaker 6: All right, Jose Mota, cut it out, Sorry about that.
Speaker 5: Jose eight six six, nine eighty seven two five seventy is the phone number. Dodgers beat the Guardians today seven to two, and there were a lot of Dodger fans at Progressive Field today and we actually have a dad coming from the game there. Spencer. Are you a Dodger fan that traveled to Cleveland? What's uh? What's the deal with you being in Cleveland? Not too many people from LA show up in Cleveland, but there were a lot of Dodger fans today.
Speaker 8: Hey, David, I've lived a lot of places over the years, just recently moved down here to Ohio about a year ago, a longtime Dodgers fan, and now I do they have a lot of opportunities to see him on the road. I've got tickets to go see him again and since an how in you life?
Speaker 6: Wow, that's amazing, Spencer.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I would say, by the looks of it today, Spencer, it was not as tough of a ticket as to get at Dodger Stadium.
Speaker 7: Yeah, no, it was.
Speaker 8: It was a great game to see. I brought my three year old son for his first major league game, and it was very cool for his first experience to be seeing sho Heyo Tani hit a first pitch leadoff ball run. We saw that, and then he turned to me and said, that was a really good hit. Dad, And a little understated, but I think you know, his expectations are set very high, but I think the Dodgers in shoe Heotani can really beat those expectations.
Speaker 5: All right, Spencer, That's an awesome memory that he will have forever.
Speaker 6: He'll tell all his friends.
Speaker 5: My first baseball game was with my dad first and foremost, and then Otani let off the game with a home run. Thanks for sharing the Spencer, appreciate that. And yes, if you are in Cleveland for any of the next two games, would love to hear what your stadium experience is like at Progressive Field, because there was a lot of blue, as there always is in these visiting stadiums, and I guess you're used to it in other stadiums like in New York or Chicago, but to see it in Cleveland is kind of a different, different scene for sure. So yeah, Dodgers get the win on Memorial Day in Cleveland seven to two. And like I said, Memorial Days a big day for the country. We remember those that paid the ultimate sacrifice. And during these days, Vin Scully always seemed to be at his best and always seem to educate us on not just baseball, but on American history, and here is Vin at the beginning of a Dodger game in twenty fifteen on Memorial Day.
Speaker 1: Hi, everybody, in a very blessed Memorial Day to you wherever you may be. It's too serious today, but we will take our minds off it for a couple of hours as the Dodgers in the Atlanta Braves play a child's game. But all you have to do for a moment is sit and think and realize how many men and women gave their lives up so we could be sitting here and worrying such a thing as will that five wall score a run, will that pitcher win his seven Team of the year, etc. So thank you to all of you who have served in the military. Are blessings and prayers for the gold star parents who lost fathers, sons and daughters. And of course when we talk about the dead, and that's what we always do on Memorial Day, remember the wounded. There are so many wounded who gave up sight or hearing or limbs. So we salute each and everyone the war uniform representing the United States, and to each and every one of us sitting here contentedly at Dodger Stadium, worrying about the home team will beat the visiting team. If you're watching at home, we would ask you please to see if you would tell your kids the importance of the day, as the military unmasked five of them throughout the ceremonial. First bitch, we had representatives from every area of the military here a very touching pre game ceremony. But again to repeat, don't just let it go by as a holiday. Don't let it go by for you know, barbecuing on the grill. Please take the time and tell your children exactly what Memorial Day.
Speaker 5: Means, perfectly said as always by the legendary Vince Scully.
Speaker 6: On Memorial Day twenty fifteen.
Speaker 5: The Dodgers were at home that day and shut out the Braves eight to nothing behind seven scoreless sittings from Clayton Kershaw. But of course Vin Scully setting the tone the best as he always does at the beginning of that Memorial Day in twenty fifteen. That'll do it for us on Dodger Talk tonight on this twenty twenty five Memorial Day Tomorrow, game two of this three game series in Cleveland between the Dodgers and Guardians. Dustin May will be on the mound for the Dodgers going up against Tanner Biby Morongo Casino. Dodgers on Deck begins at two o'clock tomorrow with first pitch with Rick Monday and Tim Neverett from Progressive Field in Cleveland. Thanks to Coline back at our Burbank Studios. Thanks to Dwayne McDonald in Cleveland. Thanks to you for listening. In case you missed any of the show, you can find it on the iHeartRadio app. And thanks again Vince Scully. You're gone but certainly will never be forgotten on a day like today, especially once again the final score the Dodgers defeat the Guardians seven to two.
Speaker 6: Have a great rest of your Memorial Day, be safe, see you as the season