Speaker 1: This is the other side of midnight.
Speaker 2: They're running a strange program, y'all with Walter Sterling.
Speaker 3: Oh you're stupidity.
Speaker 4: Walter is wacky show.
Speaker 5: Whether it's wrong.
Speaker 1: Or it's the other side of midnight.
Speaker 5: He has all the news and other people's weather, dead air and jingles weaving together. We'd phone calls coming in when Walter doesn't stop.
Speaker 6: Till it's day.
Speaker 3: Walter has stories that are strange to hear. Sometimes they're even funny.
Speaker 5: He'll stop for the occasional advertisement.
Speaker 7: That's how he earns his Money's.
Speaker 5: Got Florida stares and strippers on the loose.
Speaker 8: You know, in Shina they call a penguin a business goose.
Speaker 3: That's probably not quite right.
Speaker 1: But it's the other side of midnight.
Speaker 4: So get under the covers.
Speaker 6: It's time to go.
Speaker 3: Shut out the lights, turn on the radio.
Speaker 1: It's gonna get.
Speaker 9: Sweehood.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 5: This is the long stay.
Speaker 1: You on the side of midnight.
Speaker 10: Well, ladies and gentlemen, here's some terrible news. Rosie O'Donnell tonight filled in for Jimmy Kimmel Live. She did a hosting debut. She attacks Mussolini, Trump and gives a moving Hayden Piano Taire tribute. Rosie O'Donnell filled in for Jimmy Kimmel Live. The last time she hosted a show. It was her own show. Remember that midday show she did over twenty years ago. That was a great show. She did a fantastic job. After she quit that job, and she did quit after five years, it was all downhill. Are you guys ready to sing again?
Speaker 1: All right? Hold them, we help you now.
Speaker 3: The outside of Midnight.
Speaker 1: Thirty one piece Union Orchestra summoned by the Katsumatides to play this fantastic music for us, the same number of musicians that Ed Sullivan had live every week. You Realzliza, when you watch the Ed Sullivan show, Well, when your grandparents watched the Ed Sullivan Show, there was a thirty one piece orchestra sitting there backing up all those performers. Amazing, an amazing Doctor Sky, Doctor Sky, who's in weather of one hundred and fifteen degrees.
Speaker 2: Doctor sk Well, good morning, Walter, ninety nine degrees. Still as we move through time and space, it's unbelievable. I want to when this heat will end, But I chose to live here, so I guess I got to deal with it.
Speaker 1: It was a choice. And just like most people wherever they live, they're always surprised by their weather, as though it was a secret and sorry, the people in the Midwest are surprised at the ten feet of snow every winter and they're like, ooh, absolutely, absolutely, Now, there are two big stories here that I think are doctor Scott appropriate. However, sir, you are welcome to discuss anything you wish on the other side of midnight.
Speaker 2: This is your stage, sir, thank you for the opportunity. As we like to say Walter in our own program. And I'm sure you would agree. A theater of the mine where we explored because we're not watching this in the video realm. But it's amazing. But one of the lead stories that I find fascinating and I know you would agree, is China has absolutely demonstrated a different technology from space. You know, we don't walk starlink.
Speaker 1: This is amazing. I can't wait to hear what you have to say about this.
Speaker 2: This is what you're unbelievable. Guy, is totally crazy because starlink and all the things that they're doing are absolutely amazing. As you said to me before, it's a miracle. With starlink. It really is now China. This goes back now Walter to June seventeenth of twenty twenty five. So this is not a new discovery.
Speaker 1: What have they done?
Speaker 2: From a geosynchronous satellite, which means one that's way out there, about twenty two thousand miles above the Earth, not lower Earth orbit, the Chinese geosynchronous satellite sent a two wat powered laser beam down to the Earth in the infrared, okay, not something you'd probably see. And it made it to the ground with a one gigawat you know, transmission rate of one gigabyte as its downloadable speed, which is incredible from that distance. So why are we talking about this? Is that space communications And it's not just the Chinese water that have led the way in this. It's just that what they've done is incredible. Imagine a two watt laser, tiny, little powerful thing like that, minimal power, and it has to do something else. This gets very technical, but we'll keep it family friendly. When any signal comes down from space like this in the form of a laser, you have the Earth's atmosphere that distorts it so it separates the beam away from it. But we got to go back to the definition of what a laser really is. Light amplification by stimulated emission of radiation sounds like a mouthful. Right In the nineteen sixties, the US Corporation developed the first lasers backet. That's amazing, and they use what they call coherence. Now that is not the confused people. They take two beams of light and you coherent, meaning you focus them together. So the problem with the Chinese satellite, or the problem with sending a spacecraft or a light image like that, is that when it hits the atmosphere, the signal distorts itself. So through something even more complicated on the ground, it's called adaptive optics. Telescopes use that so they can, you know, kind of filter out the atmospheric turbulence and do this so that in the future we'll hopefully be seeing incredible communications. The Artemis two has done this. But the very first Walter laser communication from space was back in two thousand and one, believe it or not, the ESA, European Space Agency. They sent one signal of cross space to a smaller satellite. So isn't that incredible? Download speeds of one gigabyte you know, you know per second type of speeds the download and if we're used to getting this from our internet provider, twenty two thousand miles in space, look at the future. Water were being able to communicate over light beams in the infrared. Amazing, And this was a almost no power laser absolutely wants is tiny or.
Speaker 1: Tiny and it destroyed a Starlink satellite.
Speaker 2: Well, no, let me qualify this. That headline the headlines see this is where some in the media get it wrong.
Speaker 1: Click, but we get it right.
Speaker 2: The story indicates China smashes Starlink satellite. What they really mean is the record not destroying the satellite in space. So the Chinese to qualify it, they did not aim this weapon. If they want to call it a weapon in space like a weapon, it's not. It's a communication device. So it didn't destroy a Starlink satellite. It just broke a record. But I'm sure Elon has probably got some things that he's going to come out with. So the commonality of this Walter, I think in the future we're going to be able to see over long distances. And here's one for the record. The Psyche spacecraft that's actually now going towards this asteroid it's going to look in kind of orbited. It's probably the core of an old planet. Solid metal could make somebody if you could tow it back to Earth a quadrillion there. But here's what happened. The longest distance of any of these laser communication links has been done with the Psyche. It did it ready for this one, three hundred and seven million miles away. In December of twenty twenty four, it sent a signal. So the future looks bright to communicate in space with minimal power and this great technology.
Speaker 1: You know, when we go over the ancient stone cutting, the pyramids, other major monoliths, they over and over again, see the only way this could have been cut this precisely is with a laser. Absolutely, It's reported repeatedly, and I started to think, well, maybe a laser is not so hard. Maybe the ancients had lasers and they didn't think it was a big deal. Is that possible.
Speaker 2: Anything's possible, Walter. But let's go back to the things that you talk about so deeply, and I appreciate hearing you and the stuff and the information you bring to the audience. What about cattle mutilations that have taken place over time? I mean, that was a really big story. I don't hear much about it now, but they say that the exhumed bodies of the cattle were cut with such precision that somebody with a regular knife couldn't have done that.
Speaker 1: So who knows.
Speaker 2: You know, the mysteries of the universe continue. But going back in time, there maybe there were some space visitors that came and introduced to us some kind of plasma cutter or something off this planet. It's just amazing to ponder those mysteries.
Speaker 1: What are some of the other stories you've been working with last week? Next week? What do you got going on well this past week?
Speaker 2: And people can go again to the WABC website for the podcast for the Doctor'sky Experience. I was honored to have a gentleman who was a co discoverer. Here's an interesting one of an asteroid called Apophus. If you go back into the mythology of this, it's actually named for an Egyptian war god. And what's Apophus. It's an asteroid Walter that's about twelve hundred feet in diameter. And everybody's on Earth. Everybody on Earth is going to hear a lot about this. Marked the date of April thirteenth, twenty twenty nine. It's going to pass right within or closer than what we talked about a moment ago with the geosynchronous satellite orbit.
Speaker 1: And it's that big.
Speaker 2: Not to alarm people, but doctor David Holan, one of the co discoverers, he was in Hawaii when he was experienced La La, the almost hurricane, a hurricane that passed. The importance of that is we don't really know all the details about this and changes could happen. Again, I'm out of my league if I talk about anything with accuracy here because nobody knows when and how this asteroid will react. But if it were to hit the Earth, which is a you know, hopefully not never to have happened, a twelve hundred foot in diameter object, it would create such an incredible blast. And as you know, and astronomers have done calculations on this of what this would mean, and we're talking about maybe twelve hundred megatons of released energy if it actually struck the ocean or it struck the ground. But that's something even more bizarre. And if we go back to the sixty five million year ago event, which we know as the Chi Salube which hit off the Yucatan. That one had one hundred million megatons, of course, and we saw what happened. But it was an honor to speak with him. And this weekend we're going to delve into the mystery of earthquakes because we have a young lady who's I've been trying to get her to be on the show, but she'd been so busy. Why because she's one of the chief spokespersons for the United States Geologic Survey, talking about isn't it amazing While there's so many incidences of earthquakes all over the world, something's happening, and hopefully we'll get some answers as to what's really going on there. But don't forget when you look in the skies. We always like to give everybody a tip on what's happening. If you look in the southeast sky more toward the eastern portion of the country right now and soon to rise in the west, an object that you'll see with the naked eye that you're looking at there, which is most amazing. It's the planet Saturn, and it's eight hundred and thirteen million miles away from your eye. So if you have a telescope in there, and you know the opportunity to use it, you're going to be able to see the beautiful ring system of Saturn and light as we talked about before, would still take an incredible, oh, probably an hour, maybe seventy two minutes if you jumped on a light ban which is six hundred and seventy million miles an hour, or conveniently, Walter, eleven million miles a minute. That's a heck of a lot faster than most people have ever traveled. That's amazing.
Speaker 1: It is amazing, and we'll be able to see that. With a traditional telescope, we'll be able to see Saturn.
Speaker 2: You can see it with the naked eye, but obviously the telescope can do the ring system. And it's amazing. I mean, we do this in public events all over the place for maybe the last thirty years, and Walter, it's so amazing. People look at me and they say, ah, that's not real. You know, you must have put like a slide at the front of the telescope. But it's amazing.
Speaker 1: Walter.
Speaker 2: The mysteries that we talk about, as you talk about, it's just incredible because in our busy daytime lives many of us don't have the opportunity, do not have the opportunity to expand. And obviously what you do, of course taking us to the break of dawn Monday through Friday, and what we try to do on the weekend as to what open people's minds on mysteries, give them the opportunity to learn something new all the time, and some of those things are just literally whatn't mind buggling.
Speaker 1: Doctor Sky tell us exactly what time you're on the air.
Speaker 2: Friday's midnight to two am Saturday month eastern daylight time, and then Saturday midnight to two am Sunday Eastern daylight time, the doctors gun experience, And if you'd like to send me an email, it's just drsk Wye of course at WABC Radio dot com. And what an opportunity won't there And what an honor to be able to sit behind the microphone and share with people these different mysteries. And you know, we could do shows well, just like yourself, there's never a lack of topics to talk about, so it's amazing to share these mysteries. Look, you do and many of the other people here on this great station, Yes, but you do it best, Doctor Sky, very kind.
Speaker 1: No, I listened to you to hear. Oh that's how you're supposed to do it. Okay, I got it. And it's funny your voice and the time you're on. I always envision the same, the same picture, the same tableau, which is a magnificent, pristine eighteen wheeler with a gentleman who is well suited, nice uniform, really good coffee, fly in, fly in at eighty miles an hour, rude eighty east to west and just listening to you. And if he blinks up, you can see that sky, and if he looks ahead, it's not quite as dark as it could be because of the brilliance of the heavens. So doctor Sky, thank you very much.
Speaker 2: Oh it's a pleasure. And those that are driving the eighteen wheelers and all people that work there the midnight into the daylight. It's an amazing audience like you have, Walter, and carrying the torch here on talk radio seventy seven WABC. An honor to be with you, and honor to be on this station and the great listeners.
Speaker 1: Yes, we are well honored, and I appreciate you, doctor Sky. Thank you very very much.
Speaker 2: Thank Walter you.
Speaker 1: Bet Walter Sterling The Other Side of Midnight. That's the name of the show. Welcome, You're brand new here. Oh my god, you have finally found a live radio show at one twenty am on the East Coast. Can you believe that? And we can talk anytime you want. Eight hundred eight four eight nine two two two. Just be entertaining. Eight hundred eight four eight nine two two two. This is the Other Side of Midnight from the Red Apple Audio Networks.
Speaker 4: The Other Side of Midnight with Walter Sterling. It's the Other side of Midnight and with Walter Sterling.
Speaker 8: Walter Sterling, the biggest all night show in American radio.
Speaker 5: Hi, I'm Retired Detective Vic Ferrari. And on tonight's episode of Confessions of a Retired Detective, a knife wielding maniac is shot by NYPD cops on the Lower East Side of Manhattan after repeated commands to drop the knife. What happens next coming up in moments with Walter Sterling on the Other Side of Midnight? Where's My Rolex? Details later the strippers on the loose Walter Sterling The Other Side of Midnight, Red Apple Audio.
Speaker 6: Network Florida's Guy's sparfac in the South, Disney in the Middle, Deliverance in the North, and a whole bunch of beer.
Speaker 1: I'm James Parker, Florida Stories. It's coming up on the Red Apple Audio Networks as we go to the first shift, the Great Shift.
Speaker 11: I am not a biologist. How can I be expected to define what a woman is? If you think you know how to tell the difference between a man and woman? Please speak up?
Speaker 3: Boys had a peenage?
Speaker 9: Girls have?
Speaker 1: The idiot is the chairwoman of the WNBA.
Speaker 11: I am not a biologist. How can I be expected to define what a woman is if you think you know how to tell the difference between a man and woman?
Speaker 3: Please speak up? Boys?
Speaker 5: Had a peenage?
Speaker 4: Girls have?
Speaker 1: In space?
Speaker 3: Space space the other side of the lesbians in space space space.
Speaker 10: Sexral and non binary and guys oh so badly to be included in lesbian staces.
Speaker 1: But I am not a woman and I am a tragedyman, so mathematically I am belize lessie and.
Speaker 9: You can beave.
Speaker 1: Yeah, work on that PA system though, but we respect the fact you're a lesbian. Because Allin's showing American Radio all right. Now, there was this horrible story that I shared with you that I really I didn't want to see. I thought we were done with her, Like Tom Arnold, What yeah, Tom Arnold remember the man who was married to Roseanne Barr. I thought the minute they got a divorce, we'd never have to hear from them again. But every now and then Tom Arnold pops up, just suddenly appears. But Rosio O'Donnell when she moved to Ireland, I thought we were done with her. And then she visited her daughter in jail or something. That's a hell of a story. Can you mention their thanksgivings when they were kids, Rosie o'donnald was their mother. Rosi o'donald's lover. Was there Rosi o'donald's lover. It was part of the deal, had to be her producer for her radio show. She did a radio show. I won't even mention where who needs that trouble, But the deal was that she had to have her her girlfriend as the producer. And what was that experience that she had unclear? It's like the magic eight ball, you shake it, answer unclear. That's sort of every question I've ever had about Rosy O'Donnell is like answer unclear tonight on Jimmy Kimmel Live, which doesn't seem to be live. I believe they recorded at five point thirty pm, as they do all of those late night shows. Why because they're whimps. They're not real late night shows. The last one who did the real show late was Steve Allen. He did that late the original Tonight show. He did it on Times Square. He'd go out onto the street to drag in people to help make the show. This seems like a very good plan, but these are very different times. Rosio O'Donnell did the Simmy Kimmel showed tonight, and apparently she did a really good job.
Speaker 8: Is it safe to assume you've been asked to return and just would rather do other interviews outside of the view.
Speaker 3: Well, yeah, they've asked me before.
Speaker 7: But you know, when I was there last I had a sort of a tense time with Whoopee again, same situation. Somebody I admired every episode, right, IV wanted to be on her team. I admire her egot status, I have respect for her, and I expected that we would be like, you know, Scottie Pippen and Michael Jordan passing the ball back and forth and then shooting and you know, leading the.
Speaker 3: Team to victory. But that's not exactly what happened.
Speaker 7: And I think maybe she felt approached upon in some way, and I was never trying to encroach.
Speaker 3: I was just doing it the way that I knew how to do it.
Speaker 7: And it didn't go so well, you know, So I didn't want it to be awkward and go on there and make it awkward.
Speaker 3: But I've seen what bee in the years past.
Speaker 7: I did a film that she was in as well, and you know, we've gotten past it and we're grown ass women, and you know, she's a woman who supports women as am I. And so I will go on the thirtieth anniversary next year and be on with in whatever way they want me, just as a guest. You know, they're bringing back all the hosts, I think for the thirtieth season, and you know, I'm pretty proud of that show what it's become and how it really speaks to the people and to politics, and that was not the case when I first joined.
Speaker 8: I hope they bring every host back. I've watched all throughout the eras and yeah, you obviously you're in my favorite era. Also, hope they bring Michelle Collins back. She kind of got the short end of the stick, and she's brilliant.
Speaker 7: Many people got the short end of the stick there. It was, you know, it was a factory where people were being churned in and out and their tenuous security. Nobody was a get got to be. It also was a show at the time that was run by a man, a show created by a woman for women about women, and the man was deciding what we should talk about.
Speaker 3: And that didn't sit right with me.
Speaker 8: You know, I get that, and I like that you and would be just have your own understanding now, because I think a lot of millennial gay men, you know, we grew up on Sister Act, the Flintstones, League of their Own, and we're like these two icons, we want them to be best friends. So it's probably stressing us out more. But to know that you guys are bright.
Speaker 3: To be best friends too.
Speaker 7: To tell you the truth, I went to her house before I went on it, and we had a lovely lunch and talked about everything, and I was like, I'm here for you, And.
Speaker 1: Thirty minutes past, how are you? And I are on the air in Chicago, Yes, Chicago, on the Great WGN you are listening to the biggest all night show in American radio. Stand Play the Other Side of Midnight eight hundred eight four eight nine two two two. Eight hundred eight four eight nine two two two. You and I can talk about a number of exciting topics, subjects or things that you feel. What do you feel? Come over here? Oh the We talked about the horror of Rosie O'Donnell hosting the Jimmy Kimmel Live Show. I don't know why they get away. How did they get away with calling that a live show. It's not live. Jimmy Kimmel is not live. It is live to tape. The best live to tape story ever is to tell the truth. No, The Price is Right. The Price is Right, hosted by Bob Barker. Bob Barker did it live to tape. Now, hold on a second. I have to adjust something. I always have to adjust this. I don't know why he did it live to tape? What does that mean? He did it as though the show was live and it happened to be recorded and then they'd play it back. There was no stop. The Price is Right, hosted by Bob Barker, did not stop. There was no edit. There was no adjustment, and they timed the commercial breaks. Did he even sat there through two and a half or three minutes for the commercial breaks. That's how live to tape it was. That's because that's what mister Barker said we were going to do. He appreciated the dynamic. He appreciated the fact that if there were mistakes made, they were left in. He knew it gave them authenticity. He also did something that no other shows at the time did in the early seventies and eighties, well mostly the seventies. He made sure that those contestants were the rainbow. There were African Americans, gays, people in wheelchairs. They brought The first time they brought in somebody in a wheelchair, he said, so she's going to be a contestant, right, And they were like, well, how.
Speaker 3: Do we do?
Speaker 1: And he said, you figure it out. You figure out how to get her on the stage, because she belongs on this stage if she gets the right bit. And oh my gosh, they in a fever made sure that nice woman could get on the stage in her wheelchair, and that wheelchair ramp was there through the whole run of the show. Because of Bob Barker in addition to saving dogs, in addition to screwing around. He was a very busy man. But one of the things he did was live to tape. They don't do that anymore. The way they produce those game shows today, you'd think they were making an Oscar winning movie. There are about twenty cameras on those shows and a gazillion microphones. Insane amount of audio tracking they have. When they spin the wheel on the prices right and there's a click, click, you hear the clicks, believe it or not. At each post on that wheel. Behind the wheel is a microphone, an individual microphone on each post controllable. And then the contestants on contestants row when they stand in front of the microphone from a remote location. The minute the contestant gets down there, they can see how tall or short they are, and they're on a motor and they can be moved up and down, up and down in front of the contestant without anybody having to run out and adjust it for them or them making some miserable adjustment. They control all of that. And every time I see things like that, I'm like, Okay, we don't know anything. We just don't know anything. Those of us are radio who think we know audio. Now we really don't know. Let's see we can talk about Rose O'Donnell causing us to suffer. Tips for newborn parents. We have people who work with us, Mia and James. James works with us and wife Mia Beautiful newborn and advice for people with newborn kids. Because when you have a baby, you may remember this. When you have a baby, advice comes to you from all corners of the earth. Women's magazines, men's magazines, everybody has advice for you. And the best advice I ever got about having a newborn is never wake a sleeping baby. Okay, that's the best advice I ever got. Never wake a sleeping baby. And then last night Dave Scott, Canadian had a really good piece of advice. He said, if the baby's constipated, a little warm water, missed bath fixes the problem. All right. So these were two solid pieces of advice. Perhaps you have a solid piece of advice. And then in New York City you may appreciate this. In Kansas City and in Sacramento you may appreciate this because this runs, this runs the this is the circuit, This is the circuit of obscenity. This is the circuit of hypocrisy when I put it in context, I hope you've never been out of work, But if you've ever been out of work for an extended period of time, at some point you're going to go. We may have to ask friends to help us. And I was out of work. It was really weird. I had had a very happy career, wearing a suit, wingtip shoes, an earnest consultant properly compensated all of that. And then I took a job. Now I hadn't rarely taken a job. I'd always worked for myself. I took a job and just did not work out. And there we were. My wife was seven months pregnant and I had no job. And weirder than that, there was no possibility. I'll give you an example. The first job interview, and it was for a online radio company. They were making online radio channels. They had been in business for seven years. It was a viable business. It was one block from my home. This was a perfect job. It was perfect. Had a lunch. I'm very good at lunch. I'm not so good across from your desk, but I'm good at lunch. You want to have lunch with me, trust me on this. Oh, we talked about this. We should set it up so you can have lunch with me anyway, you want to have lunch with me. I go to lunch with the owner of this online radio company. He had like seven or eight stations distributed around the world, popular, profitable. And we have a good lunch. And the person who introduced us, nice guy sitting there with the owner of this radio company, Nineteenth Street, Manhattan, perfect right, And we agree to have another azon a Monday. We agree to have another meeting on Friday, ostensibly to close the deal, to make it happen. Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday. I'm straightening my caller, I'm getting ready to go out. I call my friend and I say, where should we meet for lunch.
Speaker 3: With Charles?
Speaker 1: Where are we going to meet for lunch with Charles?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 1: Oh, that's right. We were supposed to have lunch today. Yeah, we were supposed to have lunch today. Charles died. He what Yeah, Charles died. And that was the first job interview I went for after losing a job, and I and that's how it went. That's how it went. Every job every logical space. Nothing worked. And as a result, I got to a point where a friend or two I went to and I said, can you help me out here? And they me they trusted me silly, and they helped me out. But I noticed there was a pattern, and this is very telling. I noticed there was a pattern to who would help me out and who would not. And it was the opposite of what you might expect. The people I went to, who I suspected were Republicans, were quick to help, quick to help, not a problem. The people who had had a hard time at some point in their life, people who had struggled, had a challenge or two in their lunch lunch to led challenge or two in their life. They were quick to help. And then I knew other people who were very big on telling me there should be charitable foundations and the government should help the homeless, and the government should help this, and the government should all the Democrat friends. In fact, some of them even had tried to get a Democrat mayor election did with a lot of charity behind it and helping people. And oh my gosh, being simpath, every one of those people I went to absolutely not. There was no way they were going to open their purses. And I knew ahead of the DNC. I got close to a head of the Democratic National Committee twenty years ago or so, and he told me, he said, well, this one, this one. He named three prominent Democrat celebrities, big name celebrities, wealthy celebrities. He said, well, you know, when you talk about this one, this one, this one, I have yet to see a check from any of them. He wasn't seeing checks from the big celebrity Democrats. He didn't see checks. What we saw last week, the city of New York said, okay, we need to build homeless shelters. Great, and we need to put one. We can get a building easily, reasonably quickly. We can put one on this block. And it was the block of wealthy New Yorkers, successful people, probably a lot of Democrats, and the block went crazy. No way, there's no way that's not going to happen. They're not coming here.
Speaker 3: No, no, no, no.
Speaker 1: And you've probably seen those hysterical YouTube videos where an earnest bunch of kids goes up to the door of somebody who had said, I believe we should help the homeless. We need to step up and help the homeless. Meanwhile behind them is a bus full of people who had just come over the border, migrants, And they said, all right, now, you believe we should be helping immigrants. You believe we should be helping people who want to come to Oh yes, they shouldn't be homeless. They should be treated with respect and given health care, all of that, right. And they look at the woman say, okay, well we have some some migrants here. We're going to bring them up here and you can put them in your house. What do you mean, what do you mean? And they start to come off the bus. Get this scene. They start to come off the bus, people from Mexico. Ten twenty people come off the bus. They start to march up to this woman's door in a nice suburb. I don't know these people. Ah well, you said you would. You believe that these migrants should be should be housed. You believe they should be supported. You have spare room in your house, right, why don't you take them in now here? They are here, they are Oh no, no, no, no no. And she ran back into her house. And that's the way it goes. You watch It's the same thing when we watch preachers talking morality be good to your wife, be good to your husband. And then we find out they've been cheating. They've been cheating on their wives, they've been stealing money from the congregation. Always, right, we always find this out. The preacher somebody is, the more likely they are to be committing that very crime. We just heard about a congressman, right, I don't remember which one doing a Chinese spy. He was doing a Chinese spy, crazy crazy with this Chinese spy. And I'm sure he was preaching morality to you know, we can't have Donald Trump doing this. He was a horrible man. Well he didn't do what you did. Boy, it's amazing, so we can talk about that. Eight hundred eight four eight nine two two two. Eight hundred eight four eight nine two two two eight hundred eight four eight nine two two two. Any paper boy will tell you that what I just went through is absolutely true. At Christmas, a kid who delivers papers or provides some community service all year, then at Christmas time he expects a Christmas tip. The kid will tell you that the people with no money on food stamps who get his service give him the biggest tip, and the people in the big houses either give no tip or a buck, but twenty five bucks. No, No, it's not going to come from the people in the big houses. It's a fascinating irony. It's a fascinating hypocrisy that at some point people who believe in liberalism become hypocrites. They expect really all the other people to do it. Where does that come from? This is where I think it comes from. I think it comes from this. People who are inclined to be liberals. Once they hit a certain level of success themselves and good for them, feel guilty about it. They feel bad about it. Maybe they became far more successful than the people they grew up with or their neighborhood that they grew up in. Maybe they became far more successful and they feel guilty about that. Or they start to make a lot of money, and then they get a lot of new friends. They get the new friends who think that they could get money from them, Could I have some of your money, because you have a lot of money now, And they don't want to give their friends a lot of money or any money, and they start to look for other ways to dispel their guilt, and the way they can dispel their guilt is backing a charity, urging, urging government legislation to house the homeless, to do the food stamps, to do welfare, to do welfare. They're big supporters of welfare, all of them, but not their own. No, no, no, they're not going to give any checks. They're not going to write any checks. The bag boy, the bag girl who takes your bags from the supermarket to your car, and lucky you if you have one of those supermarkets, if they're taking it to a nice car, they'll tell you they're not going to get a tip. And if they're taking it to a crummy toyota, they know they're going to get a tip. That's the mechanism of guilt. That's what that is. That people who are really rich think other institutions besides themselves should provide the charity, and then they do stupid things. Mark Zuckerberg and Oprah Winfrey did the same stupid thing. They both gave twenty five million dollars or twenty million dollars to the Newark Public school system. They didn't see if the drains had been plugged up, they didn't see if the backwash had been cleaned up. Yet they wanted to give this money to the Newark Public School System and the Nork Public School System already was spending more per pupil than any other school system in America with the worst results. That was bookkeeping. Yes, here's the amount of money, here's the amount of school kids there. That means that's how much is going to each people. Oh no, no, no. If you went into the classrooms, you would find classrooms without pencils. You'd find classrooms without paper that the teachers themselves had to go get the paper for the kids. In the Newark school system, you'd find broken windows, classrooms without heat. Don't even get me started about air conditioning. That's what you would find in the Newark Public School system. And Oprah threw twenty million dollars at it, or more, maybe even more. And Mark Zuckerberg it was definitely twenty five million. The first time he got big Bucks. His guilt. He was going to solve his guilt. Not by giving his employees the right amount of money, not by giving you and me a one hundred dollars loan. No, he's going to give the Newark Public School System twenty five million dollars. And then two or three years later, a real reporter decided to find out what happened to that money. Where was it used? Answer? Unclear. Some of it hadn't been deployed yet. They were still having committee meetings, and I'm sure those committee meetings were well catered in Bermuda. They were still having meetings deciding where should Mark Zuckerberg's money go. It's that hypocrisy, and I'm sure Mark would be shocked at how almost none of it got to pupils, All of it got to quote administration. All of us got to a few crooks who borrowed the money and have since disappeared. That's what you'd find, all right, Walter Sterling, this is the other side of Midnight phone number eight hundred eight four eight nine two two two. I look forward to talking with some of you, not all of you. I'll make it clear which I like and which I don't. Eight hundred and eight four eight nine two two two. The Other Side of Midnight from the Red Apple Audio Networks.
Speaker 4: The Other side of Midnight with Walter Sterling, The other side of Midnight with Walter Sterling.
Speaker 9: And then.
Speaker 3: On the other side of Midnight.
Speaker 5: Hey Walter. On tonight's episode of Confessions of a Retired Detective, there was gunfire this weekend in Manhattan, when NYPD cops shot and killed a man who slashed his elderly father in the head after the maniac came at them with a large butcher knife inside of the pair's blood soaked Manhattan apartment Sunday afternoon. According to police officers who were called to the Ludlow Street home on the Lower East Side of Manhattan for an assault in progress around four pm.
Speaker 1: When they arrived, they.
Speaker 5: Found a blood trail leading them up a flight of stairs, where they came to face to face with a knife wielding madman. Officers entered the building and responded without hesitation, not knowing what was waiting for them as they went upstairs. Assistant Chief Melissa Eggus had at a press conference. As the cops moved up the bloodstained staircase, they were met by the man, identify as Way Chen fifty four years old, holding a large busher knife. As he advanced towards him. The cops repeated multiple commands for a way to drop the lodge blade, but he ignored it. Officers responded to discharge their firearms. Cops also discovered the suspects FA the Chung Wang seventy five years old would a laceration to his head on the second floor. Investigators determined that he was knife by his son. Victim was rushed to Bellevue Hospital, where he's listened in stable condition and expected to survive, according to authorities. Now, the crazy thing about all this is there was a couple from Brazil in this city for the honeymoon and they were shocked by the bloody aftermath after they witnessed first responded as attend to the father and son. Can you imagine the stories they're going to tell when they get back to Brazil. Thank god, no officers were wounded during the altercation and the knife was recovered from the scene. Maya zarham Madami said he was briefed on the officer involved shooting and wished the wounded victim of full and speedy recovery. As with every incident with the NYPD, when they discharge their weapons, there will be an internal investigation and body cam footage of the incident will be released. According to Mindami, there's a famous scene in the movie The Good, The Bed and the Ugly when Tuco the lady Eli Wallack, is taking a bath and a guy confronts him with a gun. And Eli Wallach's just sitting in the tub and the guy is telling him he's waited all this time to seek revenge, and Tuco just pulls out a gun through the bubble bath and just lights the guy up, and he goes, when you got to shoot, shoot, don't talk about it. And that's the thing, and you're going to see it a lot with these body cams.
Speaker 3: There's only so.
Speaker 5: Many times you can tell somebody to drop the knife, drop the bat, drop the gun, and after a while one cop is going to let go with a shot, and then it becomes a firing squad and then everybody says, well, why they have to shoot him that many times? Having been on the other end of a knife when someone's advancing, you got to think quick. Thankfully, in my case, the person eventually dropped the knife, but sometimes they don't, and that's what winds up happening unfortunately. For more behind the scenes NYPD story, be sure to check out my new book NYPD Behind the Blue Wall of Silence Veilbo on Amazon. I'm Retired Detective turned out to Vic Ferrari with Walter Sterling on the other side of Midnight.
Speaker 3: Macking, The other side of.
Speaker 1: Midnight, Bill, Welcome to the other side of midnight. Which side do you think you have landed?
Speaker 9: Where do you think you've we Well, I'm on this side that appreciates, appreciates very much your precise explanation of white guilt, especially the Upper East Side of New York. And I'm Brooklyn born, but I mean it was so spot on about how what they do is to make them feel better, not to make anybody else better off. It's to relieve themselves of.
Speaker 1: That's right, Phil. And in fairness, I think you think you said white guilt. Is that what you said?
Speaker 9: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Okay. In my opinion, it isn't white guilt. It's rich people guilt. There are black people who have that guilt. There are Asians who have that guilt. So it isn't white guilt. It's rich guy guilt. It's privileged guilt that they imagine that there's some part of them that didn't earn it, or some part of you that should have it, but they're not going to give it to you. And my friend, you're right, you grew up in Brooklyn. It is the worst. On the Upper West Side of Manhattan, it is the worst. And I will tell you one quick fact, and then I want to hear what you have to say from Florida, which is this. I worked for about a year at a company where the head of research had been the head of research for The New York Times, and she told us something amazing. She said, you have to understand The New York Times has no circulation except on the Upper West Side and in libraries across America. Big circulation and libraries across America. And we said, well, what about here, what about Queens And no, she said, you don't understand. It's the Upper west Side and no place else.
Speaker 9: I really appreciate that your qualification of it's not a white gilt, it's privilege. Heal. That's very enlightening.
Speaker 1: Thank you got it. So what's going on? What do you have to report?
Speaker 9: Well, what I wanted to to My concern is about the indoctrination of children in our education system. I think I think the two biggest, oh the most poisonous components of our society are the education system and the media. Everything comes out of the education system. It's the new the new generation, and they're all poisoned at the first jump, and then the media just supports it. And I just I wanted to hear your what you think about that.
Speaker 1: Our education system was not created by missus Montessori. Our education system was not created by a kindly kindergarten teacher on the prairie. Our education system was designed by John D. Rockefeller to generate workers. It was to generate people who could go into the workforce upon graduation, because they had the discipline to show up on time, to stand in line quietly, to understand they were going to go to the principal's office if they were in trouble. Oh, I mean the plant manager's office, if they were in trouble. That they came to school on a harsh, nasty bell like at the Ford plant, and they got to go home on a harsh, nasty bell like at the Ford plant. It was John D. Rockefeller who forced our system of education on us in the late eighteen hundreds, and we have been stuck with it ever since. So, yes, it's an indoctrination that does not encourage freedom of thought or challenging. He didn't want anyone challenging. He didn't want free thinkers. He want people who could follow instructions. And the remnence of that is the crap we're stuck with.
Speaker 9: Yeah, how about the media? What a comment? What a quanilla? The media and the education system. I mean, it's a one two punch.
Speaker 1: It's it can be a one two punch. However, there's no such thing as the media. Each one of these media companies is owned by somebody different, a different corporate entity. They all have free will. They all could approach it the way they want. There are many different approaches. The difference between a Rupert Murdoch owned business and a CNN is dramatic. You can see the difference. They can all be different. It just depends on which one you're talking about. Bill, you're a good friend. I'm jealous that you're in Florida. Thank you very much for calling the other side of midnight at eight hundred eight for eight nine two two two eight one hundred eight four eight nine two two two Coming up, you and I will talk some more. We have a report. We have a trucker story that's coming up in just a few minutes. I love the trucker stories, those of us driving an eighteen wheeler, a four wheeler. This you understand. Don't get confused by how some people treat truck drivers truck drivers are the reason we have everything. There isn't one thing in your apartment, in your home, in your classroom, in your workplace that didn't get there by truck. This is the Other Side of Midnight with Walter Sterling from the Red Apple Audio Networks.
Speaker 6: Thanks for listening to the Other Side of Midnight. If you liked the podcast, share it with your friends and listen anytime at WABC radio dot com and download the WABC Radio app.
Speaker 3: Hit that subscribe but on all major podcast platforms.
Speaker 6: Plus, follow WABC on social on Instagram, TikTok, Facebook, and X see you next time for a new episode, so you never have to want what the heck is going on here