Speaker 1: Give me that news quickie.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, yeah. So last night Sean Sharnie of ESPN reported that the Knicks had still not reached out, and then this morning that changed. The Knicks this morning apparently gave the MAVs a call. They had them on speed dial, and the MAVs, this is in an article, firmly rejected the Knicks request to speak with Jason.
Speaker 3: Okay, how firmly.
Speaker 2: That's the thing that they're going to have to text Jason directly if they want to talk to him.
Speaker 3: Here's what I.
Speaker 1: Might take away from this. I'm shocked that the Knicks decided to fire their coach, who had been more successful than any coach they've had in recent history, and then didn't have a plan. It seems like that was an emotional decision because they reached out to the Timberwolves to see if they could talk to Finch. They got declined, they were denied. They reached out to the Rockets to speak to Yudoka. The Rockets are like, yeah, no, thank you, you're denied. And now they've reached out to the Mavericks and Maverters like no, we're good. So they're just they fired their coach without a plan.
Speaker 3: I have some theories on this, some thoughts on this. So this feels very much like James Dolan, who is probably the most hated sports executive by a fan base anywhere in all of sports.
Speaker 2: He also co owns the sphere.
Speaker 3: I chout, yes, and do you know who? He does a lot of business with a lot of business with that factors into this story that we're talking.
Speaker 2: About President Clinton. Who would it be?
Speaker 3: I don't know, Patrick Dumont, thank you. They do a ton of business together. They're old friends. So as we start talking about, you know, so you know, the the Knicks were firmly rebuffed or whatever. They probably reached out James Dolan probably reached out to Patrick. They probably had a conversation. And then this is your new story.
Speaker 2: That's the rockets of the Tea Wolves as well as well for their coaches, who are more coveted than Jason Kidd.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and so let me just say that everything about this when you look at Leon Rose is okay. So again, there's all these ways in which this is connected. There's Rick Brunson, Jalen Brunson's dad, who had been on Tom Thibodeau's staff for many years, and he got involved in some sexual misconduct allegations, which I don't want to I'm not saying whatever happened. I'm just saying that was a fact, and he was not coaching for a while because of that. Okay. So then while he was doing other things and his son was playing here in Dallas, Thibodeau went from Minnesota to eventually a job in New York. And you guys, remember the Knicks got slapped on the wrist for tampering. They've already tampered with the Dallas Mavericks and Leon Rose tampered with Rick Brunson and Jalen Brunson in the league, took a second round pick away from them. So that's already happened. So to take it one step further, the owner of the Knicks is friends with the owner of the Mavericks. Okay, they're friends that do business together that had nothing to do with basketball in the past. So all of this is very incestuous. And we talk about tampering and what it means. I would be shocked if Jason Kidd has not been texting with Leon Rose already. Now, whatever that means or doesn't mean, I'm not saying kids interested in the job are not. But this is the way all of this business happens in the NBA. They're all texting one another, they're all talking, and if they get busted for tampering, they give up a second round pick.
Speaker 1: And he should be everybody, every coach should keep pipelines and bridges built to other opportunities. Absolutely, coaches are hired to be fired. That's not a permanent job. And you still got to keep working, so you're always networking. So if I was Jason Kidd, I'd be like, Hey, this is awesome. The Knicks want me, Mavericks, give me a better deal, give me more power, or give me more money, give me more stability, or let me talk to them.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and keep in mind being he just got a contract extra last year, I'm saying because the Lakers were coming after him to replace Darvin Ham because he won a title with the Lakers as an assistant coach. He had already been on that staff. So that's when him and Nico got extensions after you know, last summer, after the finals run. So he's already gotten an extension. Uh. And again, the Mavericks don't have to do anything, just like Houston didn't do anything, and Minnesota didn't do anything. And and I will say to me, the best source on any of this is Mark Stein. Yes, and Mark Stein has put out there in no uncertain terms, Jason Kidd is not quote unquote angling for this job, right.
Speaker 1: I want to say this. I like Jason Kidd as a coach. I think you just I don't know if he wanted Luca to be traded or not. I know that I've heard different things on that. Yeah, but I know that this team didn't quit on him. They kept trying as hard as they could and he didn't quit. He didn't punt, and that's extremely valuable. And the fact that all these other teams won him it's probably a sign that he's pretty respected. And I know that the superstars on this team respect him. So I want him to stay.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and let me say this too, but the way they're currently constructed, and then we'll move on, I want Kid to stay as the coach too. If they were gonna let Kid go, then you could start convincing me to tear the thing down.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 3: I don't want that. Okay. I have called games during a teardown, so just personally speaking, I ain't interested in that but you can change the way I feel about things if you start going in a different direction structurally. Yeah.
Speaker 1: If they wanted to get rid of an Eco as well and start trading their veterans and go to a different right, Yeah, But I'd rather stay keep this train on the tracks. I like where it's going now that they got the number one pick. All right, coming up next. Yesterday we talked about the greatest dads in movie history. Now we're talking about the greatest TV dads ever. We also got some Ranger stuff coming your way and a strange name for a campaign. All that's next, don't miss it. It's coming up right here on ninety seven point one.
Speaker 2: The Eagle