Speaker 1: Dave Frasier, Hi, Dave, how's your day? Good?
Speaker 2: Good snow afternoon to you. Love seeing this, big smiles on my face and yeah, storm doing what we thought it would do, and glad to see it.
Speaker 1: Well, how much longer are we going to get this? Are we going to be? Is it going to be snowing in the five o'clock traffic? Yeah?
Speaker 2: I think so, especially from Denver I seventy to the south. But I think what you're seeing, if you've noticed the transition of the intensity of the snow from early this morning to now, it's a very light, more faint snow with you know, we'll get some additional light accumulation. So if you've gone out and shoveled and say, the last couple of hours, you're probably going to get another coating. I can see southern metro areas kind of where you are in the bunker and parts of Douglas County maybe getting another inch or a little more out of this. But we're already seeing drier air punching in the wind has gone to the north instead of northeast. Northeast is our classic upslope. That's what this storm was always predicted to be, and it performed just right now. We're getting a northerly wind that's starting to punch in dryer air, and so we'll see snow ending from north to south. But the travel advisories for Metro Denver, the winter weather advisories don't expire till six, So anybody listening, maybe that's thinking of running out or the evening drive, watch out for some slick spots, bridges, overpasses. My understanding, and I was not up at the crack of dawn, is that overall the main roads did well. I heard a rud throw out a tip of his hat to see dot, which I'm with him. Tend to be a little tough on them, but I think pavement temperatures may have helped us in this situation. Plus, this storm didn't really bring a crash of Arctic air. Temperatures have been right around, you know, twenty five twenty eight degrees all day long.
Speaker 1: So what are we looking at for the next few days this weekend?
Speaker 2: Then, well, so I have a small ten percent chance the mountains are going to get another round of robust snow Friday into Saturday. We're looking at another six to twelve interres. I'm sure they're just elated this storm and the next one coming because they've been craving Mother Nature's helping hand. So that's good news. But keep that in mind if you're planning on going up to the mountains to ski, it may be a little bit challenging. We may get a stray rain or snowsholler out of that on Saturday. But I will tell you the reason I'm loving seeing this is after tonight's storm wraps up, I can't find anything through the fifteenth of the month. And of course, you know it's December. Holidays are in sight, and everybody wants to see more of this. But for right now, this will have to do.
Speaker 1: What are our temperatures gonna do?
Speaker 3: I mean, are we gonna get enough of a warm up that this is gonna melt off pretty fast?
Speaker 1: Or we stuck with it?
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, yeah, unfortunately, Yeah, I mean December snow it is a little tough. Not this early in the month. Christmas snow, late December snows, those tend to hang around a long time. You're dealing with a very low sung and angle. We don't have a great sun angle, but unfortunately, our forecast calls for us to get back into the low to me in upper fifties starting next week. So while it may not go away in a couple of days, next week, you'll probably watch it disappear.
Speaker 3: I live for the upper fifties like that. If I could, if I could dial up a temperature range, do you know what it would be? It would be like fifty two to sixty seven. That if I could create a climate zone with fifty two to sixty seven and sunshine. I forgot to say that. And sunshine, Yeah, that would be amazing.
Speaker 2: Forty five degrees at night to cool off and right around sixty five during the day. But as long as the sun is out at our altitude, I'm with you in that ballgame.
Speaker 3: Yeah, man, I mean that's like the perfect perfect weather. Okay, let me see if we got I forgot to open up my finger. If you have weather questions, now's the time that you should text them. At five six six nine oh five six six nine oh somebody from Ohio. I was chatting with a friend from Ohio and they're already the dead Ohio sky has already set in. That's what we call it in our family. And you worked in Ohio. So what is it about the weather patterns in the Midwest, the clouds just hang around versus what we have here in Colorado, which is like a few crappy days and then we get another gorgeous, you know, blue sky.
Speaker 2: Mainly two things. One is elevation. Obviously at our elevation, the sun coming out, it's a little stronger, it's easy for it to road clouds. Tomorrow morning, we're going to have thick, dense fog north and east of downtown in the wake of this storm, but it will burn off, so we benefit from the higher altitude. And the other thing is we were semi arid climate, so the Midwest you're dealing with higher humidity, higher de points, more moisture in play. You know, you're feeding up from the Gulf of Mexico, the Eastern you know, the United States is feeding off the Atlantic. You got the Great Lakes, and so just the higher humidity can lead to you know, these gray kind of ugly days, and it once they set in, unless there's a storm that comes along with a wind event to stir that kind of low gray cloud deck, it just kind of hubvers. And I think I've told you the story here with you on KOA. Many times I worked in des Moines and we hadn't seen the sunshine. I think it was eighty hours or one hundred hours or something like that. So some guy who owned his own company put his employees on a plane and flew them up above the cloud deck just so they could dasp in the sun for about an hour, and then landed back into Moine. That's how bad that is?
Speaker 1: Fantastic? Oh, I love that.
Speaker 2: I think it was like five It was like five days without sunshine and the gloom had just set in and it was cold and just dreary. And so he's just like Booth, We're going up above the clouds.
Speaker 1: That is boss of the year right there.
Speaker 3: Somebody just said this Stave, would you ask Dave how many snowflakes it would take to create Frosty the Snowman. Now, I'm going to take this as they're asking how much more snow do we need before the kids can build a snowman? But if you want to expound on the actual amount of snow in the actual Frosty the Snowman, you can feel free to do that as well.
Speaker 2: It takes I would say that it depends what you're going for. You're going for a minuture one that you build on the table on the deck or are you trying to go for a full size I will say that the top of this snow is light. This isn't a heavy, wet concrete dickie yet in March and April. But the bottom layer because pavement temperatures weren't just warm enough certainly the weekend cold cool temperatures so that it's stuck. But the bottom does have a little more moisture in it, so if you reach down deep into the snow, you can make a pretty good snowball with this stuff, all right.
Speaker 3: Dave Frasier, Fox thirty one's chief media Oh wait, hang on Mayby. Last winter, it seemed that Weather Wednesday, Dave was often on your show on the biggest snow days of the week. And now we get our first big snowstorm on Weather Wednesday with Dave. Coincidence that from Andy Well, no, everybody knows Dave actually controls the weather, so I asked him to make a big weather event for Weather Wednesday.
Speaker 1: It's it's simple.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I do remember last year it seems like every Wednesday we were in a pattern of about every three to four days, and the timing was like Wednesday Saturday, Wednesday, Saturday, Wednesday, Saturday, and that's when we got the storms. And this one. You know, we're late, and I know you got to get going. You know, we didn't get our first measurable snow two tenths of an inch on Saturday this past Saturday. It's the only measurable snow we've had. December usually brings us eight inches. We're running way behind. I think the airport this morning reported a little over two. By the time it's done, I'm hoping they're three to four. Gets us halfway to where we should be for the month. But we got a lot of work to do when it comes to snow. So enjoy this one. I think it played well, it cooperated. It was a good first snow legs of the season. Get used to it, get ready, and we hopefully can find you more in the coming days, especially as we get closer to Christmas.
Speaker 3: All Right, Dave, you get cracked in over there at Fox thirty one, That is Dave Frasier.
Speaker 1: All right, man, we'll talk to you soon.