Speaker 1: Thanks for checking out the Initials Game podcast. Don't forget. You can get the home game version of Initials at Initials Game dot com. Versions four and five available. You can get autograph versions, t shirts and more at Initials Game dot com. And you can get information about Initials Game Live at Initials Game live dot com. You can play Initials all over.
Speaker 2: Town, bars, breweries, restaurants.
Speaker 1: Find out the locations and times at Initials Game live dot com. Again, thanks for checking out the Initials Game podcast. All Things Initials available at Initials Game dot com.
Speaker 2: It's time for Initials Game five fifty one on the Power Trap presented by Hurlbird Heating and Plumbing. Yeah, let's go right out of the gate. Thanks to hurl Bread Heating and Plumbing.
Speaker 3: Hurlbert Heating and Plumbing keeping homes comfortable for over sixty five years, new customers get a forty nine dollars furnest tune up and safety check called six one, two, two and twenty one twenty today or schedule online at Hurlbert HP dot com.
Speaker 2: All right, let's go around the room. Meet the competitors. Will of course go through the the rules for Mike in a second. Two just to help them out a little bit sauce. What happens if you win today Game five fifty one.
Speaker 4: I'm sponsored by my friends at Seventh Avenue Pizza. All Seventh Avenue Pizza at Kowalski's is on sale for seven ninety nine and if I win, tweet me and tag Seventh Avenue Pizza through the end of Sunday and one of you could win one hundred dollars toward towards restocking your freezer with Seventh Avenue Christopher.
Speaker 2: What happens if you win?
Speaker 3: Just like always, I'm brought to you by my good friends at Radco. If I when you get temperson off your entire order now through Monday in store, online at radco dot com when you use the promo code initials at radco dot com temperson off thiscout doesn't apply to toppers, Thank you Radco.
Speaker 2: Marty Gellner. What happens if you go back to back and win like you did last week at Mall of America.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, I know, and my good friends at Great Clips are my sponsor.
Speaker 2: If I win, you know the drill you did it last week.
Speaker 5: Tweet me tag Great Clips today through the end of Sunday. One lucky winner, get this, Mike Madonna. We'll win three haircuts for an entire year at Great Clips.
Speaker 2: OHMG, hey, hey, Martin's underwhelmed.
Speaker 3: That's a Great Clips card. Now they've got this deal where you can get haircuts for sixteen ninety nine. You put as many as you want on there, as opposed to twenty bucks.
Speaker 2: I max that thing out every single year. Yeah, because you're saving money long term. It's like three or four bucks a week.
Speaker 3: I got Mike madonnad It's hard to take.
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, love, that'll work.
Speaker 2: Parish. What happens if you win today?
Speaker 6: Well, I'm sponsored today my good friends at ABC American Building Contractors that if I win today, tweet at me at Mark D.
Speaker 2: Parrish and tag at ABC will help.
Speaker 6: Through the end of Sunday and one lucky winner will win on one hundred dollars VISA gift card. Thank you, American Building Contractors.
Speaker 2: Let's go gay Gye. And if you're just tuning in Contested number five, no big deal. Just take into the greatest American hockey player of all time. Mike MacDonald's playing today, which is super super cool. That's fantastic. We have the number one in the four hundred and eighty eighth, which is better than ninth.
Speaker 7: Thank you.
Speaker 2: By the way, hockey's wearing lady jeans. I don't know why you say that.
Speaker 3: These are definitely mint jeans where you get it. I've been told that I have the butt of a.
Speaker 2: Rosie said that to you, No, Marty said it to me. And by the way, now we have learned that Mike MacDonald saw us have something in common which they both would fall through the ice. I do kill did really?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, docs, No, I mean it was the size of a school bus. But yeah, you can play this game at home as well. Versions four and five available at Initials Game dot com. Look, it's the holidays. We got like three weeks. If you're going to order it, I would order it soon, like today at Initials game dot com for versions four and five. All right, before we play game A game five fifty one, let's maybe giveaway just seventy nine thousand and five hundred dollars. Now, it's time for the Saint Paul Federal Credit Eating Initials Jackpot.
Speaker 3: That's correct. The Saint Paul Federal Credit Union initial Jackpot is currently seventy nine thousand, five hundred dollars. You're going to buy a new car, save money in your current Carlo and do it with Saint Paul Federal credit Unions now fring Carlon rates as what was six point two nine percent apply today at Saint Paul UPSU dot org slash campe and federally insured by the NCUA.
Speaker 2: All right, this goes up five hundred dollars every week. It's at an all time high now seventy nine thousand and five one hundred dollars. If the caller guess is one letter in the right spot out of the two, they win two hundred and fifty dollars, which is still really cool right before the holidays. But if they tell me both, then the third ever winner and they win almost eighty thousand dollars, they win seventy nine thousand, five hundred dollars. That would be sweet, right, Christmas miracle? Why not? Let's see rando quinn i. No, you do not get to play. Oh you don't get what you want to guess? You can guess for fun. Uh caller, where are you from? And what is your name? Yeah? Punter from Bloomington, All right, said Spencer from Bloomington's Hunter Hunter got it? Got it? You guys, hear better than I do. Hunter from blooming How cool would this be if he won seventy? He knows, I guess seventy one thousand, five hundred dollars? Hunter, What are you guessing? We're gonna go with?
Speaker 1: And is in?
Speaker 2: Nancy is an apple? And he is in Nancy is an apple the way you guessed. Confidently guessed as well. All right, he's going n a. If he has one writ he wins two fifty. If he hasn't, both right, he is rich as hell? Come on, does Hunter and Bloomington the home of Mark Parrish. Let's have at least one? Right? Nope? No, sorry, no, so next week eighty thousand? Yeah, that's k next week?
Speaker 8: No?
Speaker 2: All right, quickly for Mike, Mike, here's the rules. It works like this. I have twelve items. They can be people, places, things, phrases, can absolutely anything that your brain can come up with. I'm going to reveal the initials here in a second. Your job is to mentally think of as many things as you can keep them to yourself. They'll think of in your head what it could be. I start reading clues. Each item has six clues, kind of starts vague, it gets more specific as the clues get more close to the end. If you know who are what I'm describing you, yell out your name. Yell out Mike. Your name is your buzzer. If you get it right, you get a point. If you get it wrong, though, then you are out for the rest of just that item. So if you ring in too early, then you're out. We played best out of twelve. You have to pronounce the answers correctly. That's about it. Anybody else have any tips or rules.
Speaker 5: Or that I would advise you to scratch out the na that you already wrote down on your sheet you just heard.
Speaker 4: And also, like if Martie rings in and she's wrong, you can ring in while she's trying.
Speaker 2: To guess you get yourself in there as soon as you think you know it. Just say Mike and we'll tell you when you're ready.
Speaker 6: Yeah, and you're actually kind of pitching me here a little bit, Mike, because I get to ring in under Matt and Mike or Mark whichever name I come up with.
Speaker 2: But now I actually have to have my name. He has in the past rung in using Mike. True story, who the hell is that that's mark all right. The initials for game five fifty don't forget, don't forget we have World Juniors. Oh yeah, trip for two to Ottawa, a beautiful Ottawa. And these three are connected to winners like Martie. Your guys right there. Every if you use William Bell, you have to look right in the face and said I'm sorry, I failed you. You don't get to go to Autia might as well. The initials for game five fifty one featuring Mike Madonno, p S. We're going, p S, P yes me too, p S people places things phrases. Here's initials Game five fifty one, number one of p S. Clue number one requires teamwork.
Speaker 9: Clue number two.
Speaker 2: Ideally maximizes efficiency.
Speaker 9: Clue number three.
Speaker 2: This ideally lasts just a few seconds.
Speaker 9: Clue number four.
Speaker 2: This is sometimes referenced on long distance travel. Marni, yep, pit stop. That's right.
Speaker 3: You gotta be careful. Yeah, she's she's dangerous, sitting next to your almost kicked you, you missed it.
Speaker 2: She gets violent. It was did she stop violent? Potato? Potato and kick? I think she just says kick fifty kick, oh, stretch. That is when you're right Marnie Gellner on the board, was and Marni takes one nothing lead. Here's number two of p S.
Speaker 9: Clue number one.
Speaker 2: This is a person. Clue number two make statements.
Speaker 9: Clue number three.
Speaker 2: Often known for crisis and controversy. Clue number four answers questions.
Speaker 6: Mark, Yep, Press, Secretary's right, the first press.
Speaker 2: You were not there. I'm watching Sports Center. Marty has one, has one tend to go. Everybody's still big time in this year's number three of p S.
Speaker 7: Clue number one has a cylindrical core. Clue number two uses compression. Clue number three this is most.
Speaker 2: Commonly touched by two hands and two feet.
Speaker 7: Clue number four not exclusive. Yep, pogo stick.
Speaker 3: That's all good.
Speaker 2: That's a pogo stick. Well done, sauce, Thank you, good one. I'm not for sure it was an animal two hands into.
Speaker 8: Wow.
Speaker 2: Thank you for for sharing your incorrect answers as many of the Madonnald, Yeah, Marny, he's Parish's friend. Yeah, Morney, stay out of this. Well, we like Dokin. Oh he hasn't said he likes to familiar with. Yeah, Marnie and I are still trying to connect with Mike Mark and Mike obviously know each other through hockey Hawk and Mike now have connected through doc.
Speaker 8: Ins, and you and Mike both felt so.
Speaker 7: I can't.
Speaker 2: How have you never told that story that you actually fell through the ice? I don't think you've ever heard that of you. I was, why.
Speaker 3: Is a wonderful life?
Speaker 2: Why would I want to share that? Anyway?
Speaker 4: It was the spring. It was early in the spring. I was running through There was this park. Yeah, yeah, I could make it to the other side. And I jumped on this piece of floating ice and went right under and came right back up, and then jumped on a.
Speaker 2: Piece of again. I don't believe ran and jumped. No, I didn't.
Speaker 4: I hovered a little and then went right down to the bottom and came right back up, and like, no, I don't need you.
Speaker 2: Today.
Speaker 3: I heard about his dad told me about his Davis standing on the shore going almost.
Speaker 2: You put in the I used to bait you got My mom said, oh, you made it all right. Uh you got polo stick though Sauce Sauce has one. We got this. Yeah, but all kinds of time. The doc and Twins have yet to score our band. I like it.
Speaker 7: Here's number four of p s. Clue number one ideally has depth. Clue number two rotates. Clue number three is a group. Clue number four.
Speaker 2: Might have specialists. Clue number five commonly has an ace, Mark pitching staff that's a man a pitch sorry, rotates Man Parish the lead guy. A third of the way through the game, and Mark Parrish has two. Marni and Sauce each have one. Mike Madonna and Chris Hockey yet to score, but eight We're giving you the Docin twins not on the board.
Speaker 3: That's better than the rat twins.
Speaker 2: Here's Fans' number five of PS number one, debuted in nineteen eighty six.
Speaker 9: Clue number two known for convenience. Clue number three.
Speaker 2: Features yellow branded text. Clue number four This is normally ready in two to four minutes.
Speaker 9: Clue number five this includes.
Speaker 2: An expanding bag. Paul pop Secret.
Speaker 6: My God, Popcorn, Popcorn.
Speaker 2: Popcorn, popcorn, microwave popcorn, pop Secrets, Out the Boy, Saucy, thank you, it'd be good right now? Yeah, I love popcorn and listening to Docin.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm at the same time.
Speaker 2: Sure Sauce has two, Parish has two, Marnie has one. Numbers number six of PS Clue number one, sometimes relied upon in an emergency.
Speaker 7: Clue number two features a possible pool. Clue number three are paid. Clue number four.
Speaker 2: This is a group of people.
Speaker 9: Clue number five.
Speaker 2: The goal is growth, depth and development.
Speaker 9: I don't clue clue number six.
Speaker 2: They aren't eligible to play because Yep, practice squad. Those are members of a practice squad. Sauce has three. We're halfway through the game.
Speaker 4: You can.
Speaker 2: It's would you.
Speaker 3: Give us an eighties rock clue?
Speaker 2: Please? I'm trying to give eighty all. Sauce has the halftime lead with three, Parish has two, Marnie has one. Mike MacDonald and Chris Hockey go still in this with six to go. Nobody's mathematically out. Here's number seven of PS clue number one. Historically rectangular.
Speaker 9: Clue number two.
Speaker 2: It's often required Mark Okay post his stamp. Good guess. Parish though out for the rest. It was a good guess, but it was wrong. Down to Mike Madonald, Chris Hockey, Marnie Gilner, and Sauce. Clue number three must be filled. Clue number four these are signed. Clue number five allows access or participation. Paul Yep permission slip. That's right, Sauce is locked in today. Yeah, you might win a trip for somebody to auto for the World Juniors. Not over yet though, there's five sorry, yeah, five to go and Sauce you have four Parish. You have a two point lead. Far from overs are still not mathematically out with five to go. Sauce has four, Parish has two. Marnie has one. Here's number eight of PS. Clue number one used to achieve something. Clue number two involves manipulation. Clue number three is behind the scenes or secretive. Clue number four can feature important.
Speaker 8: People all always to get this right. I'm gonna be mad, private society parish.
Speaker 2: Yes or past No, sounds like your past saws out for the rest of number still Clue number five This utilizes influence. Mark yep, pulling strings. That's right, it still has pull strings or pulling strings man, Yes, smart parish. That was what it was, kind of like how Bill Garon pulled some strings and got the GM job.
Speaker 9: Strings and.
Speaker 2: Maybe we should be way better.
Speaker 10: Yeah, yeah, could we please move this to the afternoon, maybe fresher.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Sauce as four Parish now just one back with three job here we go. Let's go, good guys, all right? With Fourdigo Madonna has to run the table. Hockey has to run the table. Martie, you're three back with Fidago, so you got to pick it up a little bit as well. Parish, just one back. Here's number nine of PS.
Speaker 9: Clue number one.
Speaker 2: One of the words relates to its exact value.
Speaker 9: Clue number two has been returned. Clue number three.
Speaker 2: This is considered a huge swing. Clue number four is often considered unexpected.
Speaker 9: Clue number five this.
Speaker 2: Features a ball. Final clue Clue number six. This starts with an interception and then sometimes Mark pick sick.
Speaker 9: Dang it.
Speaker 2: It was just a little quicker than I got. I can't fast, all right, saw me every time on that last you're about to win somebody at eight because you have a two point lead with three to go, Paul, if you get any of the remaining three, you're the winner. Sweet Marnie, you're mathematically out. Mathematically keep playing, Keep playing, everybody, keep playing. You should be in the studio with you too. Nicholas Nicholas Nicholas, Yeah, right there. You might say that, good Canada, right there. No, I'm going to send him to autawaccount. Oh well, Hawks thinking about dokin okay, I can't stop saus going for the win. Here's number ten of PS. Clue number one draws a lot of attentions.
Speaker 9: US clue number two.
Speaker 2: You could be labeled as this.
Speaker 9: Clue number three.
Speaker 2: Is sometimes followed. Clue number four is the most likely. Clue number five is often connected directly to proximity and opportunity.
Speaker 9: Clue Clue number six.
Speaker 2: A great amount of things point to this person as the one who committed the crime. Prime suspect. That's it, and sends Nick and one of her friends or spouse or parent who knows Nick, and somebody going to Ottawa for the World Juniors next month because they chose sauce. He chose sauce on Wednesday. You were picked number three. Sorry he got you to the finish last three and four were the only ones in this game. Two us for fun Hawk and Mike trying to get on the board morning run up the table why not. Here's number eleven of PS.
Speaker 9: Clue number one in its.
Speaker 2: Current form, debuted around the nineteen seventies.
Speaker 9: Clue number two most.
Speaker 2: Often considered brownish.
Speaker 9: Clue number three.
Speaker 7: Are bowl or boat shaped clue number four are filled or topped Clue number five.
Speaker 2: These are often consumed first Marnie hot sticker, own correct potato skin, potatots, a potato skin, and Chris is on the board. All right, one to go, Just for fun, Mike, try to get this one. Here we are of ps.
Speaker 9: Clue number one.
Speaker 2: This is a nickname.
Speaker 9: Clue number two.
Speaker 2: It's called this because of its production. Clue number three associated with around eleven million people.
Speaker 7: Clue number four this is one of fifty.
Speaker 9: Clue number five.
Speaker 2: One of the words is a red pink orange fruit.
Speaker 9: I unclue Clue number six.
Speaker 2: This is Georgia. Mark mark each state peach steak. Oh, that is the peach state for sauce. You are the winner. Quickly, now that you've won, what happens if people want to get some good deals on Seventh Avenue Pizza. Hang on, take your time.
Speaker 4: One of us, now that I've won, tweet me and tag seventh Avenue Pizza through the end of Sunday and one of you could win one hundred dollars to restock your freezer with Seventh Avenue Pizza.
Speaker 2: One Nika trip for two to which is fantastic.
Speaker 6: Congratulations Nicky fuego to day.
Speaker 2: Check this out. I was just looking at Mike McDonald's career stats. Mike fourteen ninety nine games, five hundred and sixty one goals, eight hundred and thirteen assists, zero points and initials. I gotta come back next. It's a tough game. Well, so we heard it was going to be either you or Billy, and you played. Now we got to get Bill guaranty so at least he either gets shut out or or he can have breaking rights over you forever. At some point, we got to get Bill in here. We'll both come in. Are you on the right track? No, man, as we have like two or three minutes left in the show Man this team this year? What is going on with the Wild right? I think a lot of people thought playoffs are possible, But I don't know if anybody saw this coming together this quickly. Right now, they have all things firing and Gustuffson it's obviously playing like a beast. What's going on with this team right now?
Speaker 10: Yeah, it was just I think it all started at camp. I think John just set a president there just kind of guys are all going to buy into the system.
Speaker 2: It's hard when a.
Speaker 10: When a coach comes in mid season trying to get his established as system and his thoughts and ideas and how he wants to handle it. But when he gets a training camp under his belt, kind of sees what he has and he can kind of set some set of tone early. And the guys all came in really committed. They were flying around for camp and it showed at the start. Had a great October. But confidence does a lot. They just got on a roll. Carill has been just outstanding. They've had some some opportunistic scoring from their defense. Spurse is starting to play really well, and you know some of their young guys just you know they're they're developing quick, and you know they've just been on a great run. Like you said, Gust's has been solid. But when it's all clicking, you feel good about yourselves every night, and when you show up, you know, you feel like you're in every game, you can come back from behind, hold the lead.
Speaker 2: You know, just a lot of it was in confidence right now. So so far, no reason to think that this is not sustainable. No, I do this right now. They've had some injuries.
Speaker 10: I mean Brodin's Zukerrella, I think excel for a bit, but you know, they've they've been able to kind of ride the wave. I mean years past, they've had some injury problems, but they haven't really been in this position where they could kind of afford some lapses in their game and still kind of be in a good position come Christmas.
Speaker 2: So you know, hats off to them.
Speaker 10: They've just been you know, really really playing well committed and you know it shows and their work ethic practice, and it's kind of been really fun.
Speaker 2: They Munch can't thank you for enough for coming in. Man, thank you awesome having you nice, welcome back. Anytime you want to redo this week. If it's against Billy, that would be even better. Oh yeah, I'll work them.
Speaker 3: It's great to get you because I only knew you from the Mighty Ducks.
Speaker 2: So multiple people wanted us to ask what your residuals are for Mighty Ducks, so you getting like twenty cents every six months. You know, they were actually weren't bad in the late night early nineties when we first did it.
Speaker 10: Yeah, Baz and uh but real funny story, we were walking, we moved into town, we went to a wild game, and my kids are with me and so we're walking around and people just come and say hi and take pictures, and you know, my eight year old finally says, you know that, I think I know why they know you really is from the Mighty Ducks.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, thanks for that. Huge thanks to Mike Madonna. Thank you. Nine to Noon is next Savage Buffalo. Wild Wings is the Friday football Feast with Paul Allen and Paul Charging. We'll brack on Monday thirty to nine.
Speaker 1: Everybody have a good weekend.
Speaker 2: Anybody has a wonderful day to have. The Ladbow