Speaker 1: Bill cunning into Great American. Of course, what happened October seventh of last year was an incredible moment, a terrible moment for the Jewish people and for the world, because more than a thousand Jews were killed, two hundred and fifty were taken hostage. As we sit here, there continues to be large number of hostages. We pray to God are alive, but likely not, but we'll see what happens. The peace talks continue and nauseam because Hamas does not one piece. Hamas wants war. And so when the Sinhwar and the other leaders of Hamas talk about the war and the civilian casualties, that is what Hamas wants are more Palestinian casualties because it fits their purpose. And for the one of the first books out on this is Seth Fronzman The October seventh War, and Seth Fronsman, I think you're in Jerusalem as I speak, and welcome to the Bill Cunningham Show. And first of all, can you tell the American people what happened on October the seventh and how the psyche and the security and the safety of Jews have been compromised, and how did it take place. Just give us the overview of what happened October the seventh.
Speaker 2: Sure, well, thank you so much for having me on. Basically, Hamas is an extremist Paris organization that has existed since the nineteen eighty and around two thousand and five, it was able to take over the Gaza Strip and by killing off its rivals, and then it turned after two thousand and five sixty seven, it turned the Gaza Strip basically into a fortress of terror. It built hundreds of miles of underground tunnels, and it trained around thirty thousand fighters. And what it did was it basically prepared a massive surprise attack on Israel. It took place, you know, last October, about ten ten months ago, and it did a surprise attack just like Pearl Harbor or nine to eleven. It sent thousands of men to attack this defence. There's a kind of security fence that goes around Gaza. It attacked around thirty places along the fence, thousands of guys riding motorcycles carrying AK forty sevens and the RPGs. It also used small drones to attack some of Israel's antennas and some of the technology, including they are basically kind of like Israel have these remote controlled machine guns that were on these powers around the Gaza strip and they neutralize otos and once the Hamas guys had gotten through the they basically each squad of Hamas members about thirty in each place, thirty to fifty. Their goal was to attack Israeli civilian communities and massacre the people that they came across, and then kidnapped some of the ones that survived. So each imagine thirty groups of men, you know, thirty tons ten and each of them attacking a small community or attacking civilians who were out riding bicycles or you know, out for a morning job. It was about six thirty in the morning, and they covered their approach by firing thousands of rockets so that most of the people would be hiding in their safers, in their communities or whatever they were taking cover, and they were able to overrun the Israeli troops. There were about five hundred to seven hundreds of road troops on the border. Most of those troops were overrun or they were coming under see each fighting it out, and that gave the Hamas about you know, five hours to commit this massacre up until Israel could basically bring in forces to bear that were able to push the hamas Teris back or neutralize them, or capture a few of them and plug all these gaps from the fence. And it then took another week kind of to even figure out how many people have been killed, because some of the bodies were burned, or they were or they were killed in different ways. So the then Israel, of course has been fighting ten months. Basically the guys are to try to defeat themass.
Speaker 1: Yes, you know, Seth. One of the phrases that came out of nine to eleven was the failure of imagination. And I was there, as you know, at last May. It was it was almost impossible. The Israeli people could not have imagined this is all taking place. I call it a failure of imagination. And so is that an apt phrase to use? Because no one in Israel thought this was possible. And the Kibbutza's are in southern Israel, they are little enclaves anywhere. For me, one hundred and maybe five thousand people more or less living in the desert and small groups and an idyllic setting. Well, why wasn't the idea of prepared for this. Can you answer that question?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, I think it's one of these things where you get used to an enemy. Hamas was an enemy. It was an organization, you know, sworn to destroyers or own killed Jewish people. But the common is that it had been there on the border controlling Gaza since as I said, around two thousand and five, two thousand and seven, So this was a known enemy. You know, think about it like the cartels in Mexico or something where you're used to having these enemies or dangerous people, but you become complacent sometimes. And I've been down on the Gaza border up covered every war there since two thousand and nine or so, and I remember driving along there or riding a bicycle whatever. I mean, you just you don't feel that there's you know, thirty thousand guys on the other side that are trained to kill you because you don't see them. And I think, you know, unfortunately, you know, Israel had an intelligence failure that the days meaning up to the attack and didn't have enough soldiers, and Israel had become complacent and it didn't have enough tanks on the border. There were only about a dozen tanks. There were only two combat helicopters that were on alert that morning, and they were actually in northern Israel because Israel was a played mortar fighting as Balla and Iran, right, So basically everything that could go wrong went wrong, and unfortunately complacency led to this massive massacre. And now everyone is trying to learn lessons from that and try to make it never happen again. But you mentioned nine to eleven. I mean we never I remember nine to eleven as well. We never imagined people would fly planes into the World Trade Center and the Pentagon at the same time, right, I mean we might have imagined one plane, might someone might do it with one plane, And I think Israel was a wedding for a small attack involving you know, a few hundred guys. It never imagined that the enemy could plan such a complex murderous operations. And now, of course we you know, I hopefully you will have never underestimated if enemies again. But it's just that's what happens sometimes when europe Perry's or security officials become a bit complacent.
Speaker 1: Seth frontsmen and jump ahead to today and after the Democratic Convention, there's this push to have a ceasefire and I make the analogy that I could not imagine Georgie Patten, General Patten was on the outskirts of Berlin in World War Two, and that somebody would want a cease fire leaving Adolf Hitler in charge of Berlin, acting as if he's going to change the stripes. Can you talk politically how much sense it would make for Israel and now to have a cease fire leaving Hamas in charge of Gaza. Isn't that just delaying the inevitable for the next attack and they tell you up front we're going to kill. What's gonna happen next will be much worse than October the seventh. And so why would Benjamin Netchinyahu agree to a peace treaty in which Hamas, with their hundreds of miles of tunnels and their complete control of Gaza and the fact they're given billions of dollars from nations all over the world that they use for military purposes, why would Israel after this allow Hamas to stay in charge of Gaza.
Speaker 2: Well, I think it's a perfect comparison. You may with the being there in nineteen forty four and deciding to kind of give the not be a feat fire. History shows you can never have if you have a vicious, genocidal enemy that doesn't play by the same rules as you and it's sworn to kill you exactly, you can't have a seat fire. It just prolongs the inevitable of another war. Now, I think that Israel could have a short term sease fire like it did back in November where there was a ten day fees fire in order to get some of the most vulnerable hostages out of Gaza. I think that you know, people want the hostages to be returned home. The other option is to try to free them in military attacks and rescue missions. That of course mean that may risk lies as well, but I think yeah U from me. Any kind of seat spire that leaves Hamas in power is rewarding not only Hamas, but let's remember it's also empowering those who back Kamas, including Iran and the other countries like Russia or shiner A, Turkey or tatar and others. So it's important to remember that any attempt to leave Hamas in power or let it feel that it can win, will embold in all of America's enemies and all of Israel's enemies, and they will take a lesson from that that they can get away with this and do it somewhere else. So that certainly would be a good reason not to allow Kamas any bruing space or any kind of long term inspire Seth.
Speaker 1: The head of the snake is Iran. They're the exporters of terror all around the world. Why doesn't I've been told by a US retired general that if we said to Israel, take out Iran not using nuclear means, there's three oil exporting ports that would be destroyed by Israeli air force and missiles. They'd be out of business economically. There's two or three dams in the country that provide all the drinking water. Take out the dams, eviscerate ten to fifteen power stations, and Iran suddenly they're back in the Middle Ages. Why doesn't I can imagine Iran would do it absolutely. What doesn't Israel take the military approach, not using nuclear weapons and destroy Iran, which is the head of the snake. Why don't they do it?
Speaker 2: Don't?
Speaker 1: Why Why doesn't Benjamin NETANYAHUO do that to end the war?
Speaker 2: I think in order for Israel to do that, it would want to have a coalition with other countries like the United States or Western allies. I don't think going alone, you know, that could lead Israel to be condemned. So I think Israel has to be very careful. Also, remember Israel is still fighting a war in Gaza, it has it has troops fighting guys every day against Sarah's. Israel is facing an onslaught from the Iranian back group has boot. So anyway, what argument could be made that we could go for the head of the snake. But I think that Israel has occurred to try to defeat the closer enemies first because they pose the big challenge. And Israel is hoping that Israel's western allies, like the United States, we'll be able to pick up some of the slack. And also you know, standing with Israel against the Iranian threats and things like that. So we have to see how the Iranian threat develops. You know, will Iran rushed to weaponize the nuclear program. That would be the redline I think for Israel, And so we have to see what Iran does next.
Speaker 1: When Iran has the capability of destroying Israel, it will do it because it's a culture of death, not of life. Russians, Chinese, Turks, they all want to live life. But the Islamic extremists in Iran and not the Iranian people, but the leaders do not want to that. They want to die because they think there's seventy two versions are in heaven. It's a culture of death. And lastly, I want I want to get to lastly, I want to get your reaction to this. I've read some stuff out of Europe that the goal of Hesbla and Hamas in Iran is to bleed Israel dry over time. The three great drivers of the Israeli economy are tourism, agricultural products, and high tech. I would imagine right now that those industries don't exist in any measurable amount. There's one hundred thousand Jews in northern Israel that's moved south to live with others. The economy's got to be on its back. Why wouldn't the forces of evil and Iran simply bleed Israel dry over the next three to five years, so they collapse economically, and then here comes the hordes of individuals around Israel to kill the Jews once again. Is that something that kind of marshals itself into your thinking that the long term just kill Israel indirectly when it can't do it directly.
Speaker 2: I think that's partly true. Ran does want to basically force Israel to endless wars of attrition on the borders, in which it's not in Israel's interest by to fight these long wars, whereas as Bulah and groups like the Huthis of groups in Iraq, they don't have anything to lose. They've already bankrupted their country, so it doesn't matter if them that the country becomes more bankrupt like a racer or lemanons. So that's definitely part of the running the strategy. I would say that in Israel, in terms of what's happened in israel'ms the economy. It's true that turns and is probably down ninety percent, but I think the high tech sector continues to thrive because high tech is exportable whether or not there's a war. And also remember that some of the high tech is used in Israel's defense systems. I mean, that's how Israel bill Ironville, and that's how Israel, you know, trained pilots to fly at thirty five. So the high tech actually is something that Israel exports and also works with US Defense Company. So there is a silver lining probably there in terms of the agriculture of yeah, there's has been very bad to the north. I think the agriculture is south, and what I've seen has rebounded impressively. So you know, Israel has always been under siege since it was founded in nineteen forty eight. It knows how to do this, but it's definitely not in Israel's interest to fight this war for the next numerous years. And Iran has to be stopped, and Iran supplies of whip and the groups like as well, it must be stopped. Or around Williams, you do exactly what you said. We just try to slowly believe.
Speaker 1: Israel, all right, Frensman, author of the October seventh War. I don't want to get into particulars of what these murderers did to women and babies. But the most despicable acts of human can commit against a mother who's pregnant was committed. Most are hyped up on drugs of one type or another. These thirty thousand fighters, and as we speak, there's about ten to fifteen thousand of Moss still alive wanting to fight the next war. This isn't ending it. It must be won. Israel must win this war by any means necessary, because its existence is at risk. Seth Fronzman the October seventh War. Thank you for coming on the Bill Cunningham Show. And Seth, you're a great American and thank you very much. Thank you, God bless you. Let's continue with more. I couldnt imagine a situation where Iran had the military power of Israel and they wouldn't use it. And Israel is the only country on Earth that is not permitted to win its wars. Don't Cunningham with you every afternoon on news radio seven hundred WLW