Speaker 1: This is Dan Caplis and welcome to today's online podcast edition of The Dan Caplis Show. Please be sure to give us a five star rating if you'd be so kind, and to subscribe, download, and listen to the show every single day on your favorite podcast platform. The Democrat National Convention aka bar scene from Star Wars.
Speaker 2: Glad you are here.
Speaker 1: So who's benefiting more from this gathering in Chicago? Is it the Democrats? Or as I believe, is it President Trump and other GOP candidates? Eight five to five for zero five eight two five to five The number text d an five seven seven three nine.
Speaker 2: I had an epiphany in the middle of the night.
Speaker 1: I don't know if this happens to you, but it tends to happen to me the shower. A lot of epiphanies in the shower, and a lot of epiphanies just kind of middle.
Speaker 2: Of the night.
Speaker 1: You know, you wake up and it's quiet, and it's calm, and you get to think a little bit. And if I really have to go back to sleep in a hurry, then I'll just think of golf, right, just think of great golf shots. But otherwise I think of some of these deep questions of the day. And Ryan, this occurred to me in the middle of the night, Like so many of my epiphanies, that at first people say, ah, that's crazy, and then about a week later, maybe it's true, and.
Speaker 2: Then two weeks slayter, ma'am, that's brilliant.
Speaker 1: This one is going to fall in that category because I guarantee your initial reaction to it, no matter where you are right now, no matter where you're driving, is.
Speaker 2: Going to be skeptical. But then as you let it sink.
Speaker 1: And you're going to say, Wow, that is exactly what's going on here. So here it is, Ryan, my epiphany last night, reflecting back on Night one of the DNC, and there is so much to talk about. There's so much fun stuff there, so much stuff that you just know is hurting Harris, hurting the Democrats in the Swing States. But we'll get to that in a second. Here's the epiphany that the Democrats, and I'm talking about the Democrats who own and operate the Democratic Party. I'm talking about the Democrat elite. I'm talking about you know, the Whitmers, the Shapiros, the Newsomes, the others. I won't put police in that categories.
Speaker 2: To want to be.
Speaker 1: But the Democrat elite is much more afraid of Harris winning than of Harris losing. Think about that for a second. They are much more afraid of Harris winning. Think about and they hate Trump right with the heat of a thousand sons. They hate Trump, but for their own selfish long term interest, they are much more concerned, much more afraid of Harris winning.
Speaker 2: Because think of if you're one of the.
Speaker 1: Owners and operators of the Democratic Party, if you're one of these uber ambitious Shapiros, Whitmers, Newsoms, etc. Your worst case scenario is Harris winning. Because if Harris wins, think about what happens to the Democratic Party. You go from the embarrassment and the horror of the Biden years and the damage that's doing to the brand into the Harris years, which promised to be far worse.
Speaker 2: And at that point, at.
Speaker 1: That point, you risk losing enormous blocks of support over time, because as bad as Biden has been, part of it is it's just Biden, right, He's never been anything other than mediocre at best. But as bad as Biden has been, even as he's been in this deep cognitive decline, Harris is going to be so much worse she already has been. She's just living in this bizarre, surreal, protective bubble right now, which they intend to continue through election day. But she's so incapable, she's less intellectually capable than Biden, that's clear. I mean, they have to shelter her from everything. Did you see, Ryan, where they had to move patrons out of a restaurant she was going to be because they could not trust her to be in a restaurant with patrons, with real people, with real Americans. And then, according to the stories I saw, and unless it's been refuted somewhere else, it sure looks like they brought in their own people to be in the restaurant with her. But come on, she hasn't given a real interview, hasn't at a press conference, you know, since she was installed. It's so clear they don't trust her, and it's so clear they're wise not to trust her. Imagine Ryan, if she wins and then they've got to take her out of the basement, then she has to function in that job, and it's going to be a blank show, and it's really going to hurt the brand.
Speaker 2: It's really going to hurt the country.
Speaker 1: It's going to wipe them out in the midterms, and then all of a sudden, you've got Shapiro, Whitmer, Knew some everybody in the Democratic Party who's ambitious having to sit behind her for four years, and she'd certainly get wiped out if she wins, She'd certain which I don't believe she will, she'd certainly get wiped out in twenty eight because you've got this stockpile of great young GOP talent just chomping at the bit for the post Trump era.
Speaker 3: This is a very interesting analysis, Dan, but I think it's solid for two additional points that I've seen through reporting in little granules of clues that you could gather from last night. The first of the clues was reporting that I have seen from behind the scenes that the Democrats elected Democrats in Congress be at the center of the House. They know off the record that four years of a Trump presidency are not going to be the end of the world.
Speaker 4: So that's point one. Point two.
Speaker 3: Joe Biden was even asked last night about, you know, why he decided to vacate the ticket, and it was again coming back to not hurting the down ballot races. That's also something that Nancy Pelosi has said. So it makes sense along your lines of logic that the Democratic Party would want to punt. They would never say this publicly, but they would know that. Okay, Donald Trump for four years, he can't run for reelection.
Speaker 4: We're going to clear the deck.
Speaker 3: We're going to have a brand new start at this in twenty twenty eight, Republicans have a new candidate, will have a new candidate, and we'll try again. Then they just want to mitigate, in my view, aligning with your view, they want to mitigate losses in the Senate and House this time around, to reload for twenty eight.
Speaker 4: That's where I'm at.
Speaker 1: No, I think that's exactly right. And then ask yourself this question. For those driving home right now, already home, whatever, who are skeptical, ask yourself this question. Who in power in the Democratic Party actually wants Harris to win. Let's start with the obvious Biden. Of course he doesn't. He wants the people who humiliated him and deposed him to fail, Right, that's a given, and then go right through the list. Everybody else in line for the presidency. They want her to lose, right, everybody who cares about the midterms. They want her to lose because they know it's likely to be a blood bath for the Democrats in the midterms in two years if she wins. Because they know her Ryan, they know how awful she is, and that's the only reason right now they have to bury her. They have to wrap her up in bubble wrap. And you can't even let her give a press conference. So one, Yeah, that's the strange dynamic that we're in right now is the Democrats are more afraid of her winning, yes than lose more.
Speaker 3: Tea leaves to read too, Dan, there's a Ronoke College pull out just today, Kamala Harris. With all this fanfare, there's pomp and circumstance, the bubble wrap that you talk about, the protection of her, the glorification, the joy propaganda out there. She's up three in either pole, whether it's just head to head or the third party candidates are included. She's up three points on Donald Trump in the state of Virginia. In Virginia another point along those lines. Three senators they are embroiled in very tough races. John Tester in Montana, Shared Brown in Ohio, Jackie Rosen and Nevada Guess what, Dan, None of those three are at the DNC this week, none of them.
Speaker 1: What about Caraveo from CD eight and another one, she's not there.
Speaker 3: If Kamala Harris had coattails, believe me, Caravel, the three senators I just mentioned, they would be sprinting to Chicago to try to gain any kind of you know, coattail advantage that Kamala Harris brings.
Speaker 4: But they're avoiding her.
Speaker 1: Why well, all the reasons we've talked about, right, and then beyond that, they know once this starts to go bad for them, once they're out of this sugar high, this artificial period, once it starts to go bad for them, it's going to go really bad for them. So we have a lot of great sound from last night and beyond to play for you when we get back, including and I want to throw this out there for you to chew on, and anybody wants to take on my premise that the Dems are now more afraid of Harris winning than losing the dem elite are, you know?
Speaker 2: When we come back as well, I want to talk about.
Speaker 1: Whether whether Harris is going to underperform Biden with older voters, whether there are a bunch of older voters now very very upset about the way they just took Joe Biden to the vat and put him down, including the humiliation of where they placed him last night eight five five for zero five A two five five textas at d an five seven seven three nine.
Speaker 4: And now back to the Dan Kaplas Show podcast.
Speaker 5: I see a leader who understands. I see a leader with a real commitment to a better future for working families and Chicago. We have to help her win because we know that Donald Trump would sell this country for a dollar if it manligning his own pockets and greeting the palms of his Wall Street friends.
Speaker 2: And I the one I'm tired.
Speaker 5: Of hearing about how a two bit union buster thinks of himself as more of a patriot than the woman who fights every single day written working people.
Speaker 2: Out one of the books of bad Dreaming on Our.
Speaker 1: Way Alive, the whole MOREOC, Please MOREO, where do we send a check to get hurt every night? We want her every night front and center at the DNCS. It's remarkable how the Dems think all of this is going to help them right in the swing states. Please more, AOC, and I know you're in your car right now, you're thinking of one hundred different counter arguments to her, and you're right about all of that. But the beautiful thing is you know that hard working man and woman right now. Pick your state Michigan, Wisconsin, Arizona, Georgia, North Carolina.
Speaker 2: They're thinking the same things you.
Speaker 1: Are about how full of it she is, and talk about true patriotism, sacrificing for this country.
Speaker 2: Line in your pockets.
Speaker 1: Obviously, that's what Joe Biden, Joe Biden's family has been doing with his help. No, trust me, these voters in the swing states, they're making all those same arguments in their own heads. So yeah, more AOC. That is a beautiful thing. Hey, text me Dan, daan five seven seven three nine. You can call eight five five four zero five eight two five five the number.
Speaker 2: Let's see Ryan. I see a text Dan.
Speaker 1: Apparently the Obamas are at day two of the DNC and at least one of them will be speaking. Yesterday you said they were not going to be at it. I'm confused. Thank you Texter for texting. What he Doi was talking about yesterday was the reporting that Obamas are not going to be at Kamala Harris's speech on Thursday, and if that's true, that's really significant. No, of course, the Obamas are speaking tonight, and they've always been scheduled too, and that will help the Dems, right, because the reality is, you know, Arack Obama is well regarded, including among some swing voters in some swing states, and.
Speaker 2: So that will help the Dems.
Speaker 1: Michelle Obama same thing, very well regarded. In the end, it's not going to be enough to overcome Kamala Harris as the presidential candidate.
Speaker 2: That's why Obama's opposed her.
Speaker 1: Remember when Obama's were leading the effort to depose Biden, the democratically elected nominee, they did not want Harris. They came out right after Biden buckled and they said, yeah, we're going to have an open process here. And then Biden outmaneuvered the Obamas and he shoved Harris down their throats. So they're stuck with her now. They're stuck with her now. So as much as some swing state voters may like Barack and Michelle Obama, they're not going to like Kamala Harris at all. And that's what the Obamas know, and that's why they were opposing her. Eight, five to five was he a five A two five five five seven seven three nine, Ryan, what did you make of Michelle Obama's appearance last night? She appeared night one?
Speaker 3: Well, you mean that she was there. I found her attired to be interesting and trying to be kind. But it was a very unique look. And I'm sure she'll be, you know, at her level best tonight. But I'm not sure what that was all about last night.
Speaker 2: Yeah, No, it was. It was fascinating, fascinating.
Speaker 1: I think that the Obamas will do what they need to do tonight and they'll both be good and it will be a plus, but it will not last.
Speaker 2: It will not last.
Speaker 1: And if the reports are true they're not going to be there Thursday, that will be a positive.
Speaker 2: That'll be a positive. Why obviously by well, because obviously.
Speaker 1: They're not all in, right. If they were all in, they'd be there Thursday, and maybe they will be. They'd be up on the stage with her and listen. If they are there Thursday, that doesn't mean they're all in the long term, because Thursday's sort of obligatory, right. I mean, you were the driving force behind deposing the democratically elected nominee for your party, and you would think that you have an obligation to be front and center on Thursday night on the stage with her at the end of the speech, present in the audience during the speech, so the cameras can cut to you looking adoringly at her. And if you're not there on Thursday night, after you know, clawing the torch out of Biden's hand and setting them on fire with it, then there is a loud and clear message. If they do show up, they were expected to. You see it differently, I don't.
Speaker 3: And this is the thing, you know, I was talking about earlier on my program, which procedures the dan Caplis pregame show as I call it. But done the thought that they they almost want to create some kind of separation distance between Barack Obama.
Speaker 4: His speech tonight on a Tuesday night and.
Speaker 3: Kamala Harris as to not have him overshadow her, because I think what's going to happen tonight, dan is Barack Obama is going to be his usual as you call him, five tool players, self soaring rhetoric. Oh, that's what I liked about Barack Obama. And by comparison, people are gonna know they got the cheap knockoff version of him in Kamala Harris, kind of the dollar store version, and she's just not gonna compare.
Speaker 2: Now that's a great point.
Speaker 1: And again this goes back to the biggest political mistake of our lifetime, her selecting walls because there's no danger that anybody will want walls.
Speaker 2: Instead of her. He's that bad.
Speaker 1: So now you get walls on Wednesday night. You're right, you're separating the Bidens. You're separating the Obamas by a couple of nights. You threw Biden under the bus again by putting them late on a Monday night. And I'll get to some Jake Tappers sound on that. But now, yeah, and then what are you gonna have Wednesday night? Oh my lord, Wednesday night, you're gonna have walls, and then you're gonna.
Speaker 2: Have Bill Clinton. So Hillary Clinton, you know.
Speaker 1: Who is still liked and respected among some people in swing states. You know, Hillary Clinton, you shove off on Monday night, and then you're gonna haul out perverted old Bill, you know, drag him off Epstein Island for Wednesday night. Oh yeah, that is not Waltz and Bill Clinton not a tough act for Kamala Harris to follow on Thursday.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Bill Clinton, unlike Barack Obama, Dan, he's a far crime from what he was during his heyday in the nineties. And oh my lord, a lot of that is age related and I'll get older. But to your point, I just don't think I'm exposed. Yes, and he well, pardon the pun, but he doesn't resonate the same way that he did when you and I were watching him in the nineties and you know, you were in awe of his political skills. He really is not the same as he was.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and a lot of folks can't remember that. And I get why life is fast and some people may be too young. But Bill Clinton, in his prime, you know, he was a.
Speaker 2: Five tool player.
Speaker 1: Again, he was kind of hollow Morley and had a lot of bad ideas, but he was uber talented. It's hard to even picture that now compared to what he has become today. What I will never get out of my mind, Ryan, is when he was in his prime and the motor Kaide was coming down Bellevue and we were newlyweds, and we were out on the street, Amy and me.
Speaker 2: It was a summer day. She's in short shorts.
Speaker 1: We've got the dog and the motor kids coming down Bellevue and Bill Clinton gets a look at Amy and he literally turns around in his seat and the presidential limo staring at her, and I just thought, A, it's a compliment, but b there's there's something really wrong here, you know.
Speaker 2: What I mean?
Speaker 4: Sounds like a Phil hartnupscotch from Saturday Live.
Speaker 1: Oh man, it was, it was so real. It was just it's a memory, that's all I can say. Hey, when we come back, I do want to get to that hot sound from last night, and including even some of these lefty commentators acknowledging the humiliation of Biden last night. I mean when did he come on? He came after Friends reruns at two am, right, I mean they started him really late Eastern. Yeah, And we'll have some of that sound from last night, and then i'd love you thinking about my premise for today, which you will hear nowhere else, even though.
Speaker 2: I think it's undeniable.
Speaker 1: The Democrat elite are much more afraid of Harris winning than of Harris losing. Eight five for zero five A two five five text D an five seven seven three nine.
Speaker 2: You're on the Dan Capitliss show.
Speaker 4: You're listening to the Dan Kaplis Show podcast.
Speaker 6: There are going to be a lot of people who think Joe Biden kind of got the fuzzy end of the lollipop tonight, just because the event went so late that his speech did not even start until out eleven thirty PM's time. And that is also a microcosm.
Speaker 7: If they were trying to prevent that impression, they failed tonight. I mean, they should have to be honest, given him time earlier in the night. They should have kept the schedule a little bit tighter, but they didn't.
Speaker 2: There's one I'm sorry.
Speaker 7: The only thing I was going to say was I do feel like Biden, obviously understanding the context of all of this, he gave a really forceful speech, I mean maybe too forced to at certain points, speaking to this room at the top of his voice for almost fifty minutes, maybe to prove something that he still has very very late at night.
Speaker 1: Yeah wow, and listen, they put him late, they buried him.
Speaker 2: It was another humiliation.
Speaker 1: And you think that he and Jill and Hunter didn't notice that, of course they did.
Speaker 2: So one thing I.
Speaker 1: Want to hear from you is is what are the different ways that Joe and Jill Biden now are going to try to make sure that Kamala Harris loses, because you know they are going to do that. What he did last night, he didn't do for her, He did for himself, because if he didn't do it, then at that point he'd get blamed for the loss, he'd come under fire. But what do you think Biden's going to be doing now in terms of leaks? What do you think he and Joe Biden are going to be doing to try to undermine Harris, Because you can be sure it's a lot. Even if they had treated him with some dignity in this convention, which would have required probably a Wednesday night speaking slot at the very worst, but instead they go out of their way to humiliate him this way. Yeah, He's going to be looking for lots of different ways to make sure she loses. Of course, the ultimate is forcing her on the Democratic Party, on Obama, on everybody who deposed him, because at that point the Democrats had their lowest, smallest chance of winning. Anybody else in that top tier would have had a better chance of winning than her. So that was Biden's step one to make sure the people who did this to him, you know, lose, they fail, So he can sit there after election day and say I would have won right eight five five or zero five A two five to five the number text d an five seven seven three nine. Want to get to some more sound, but also some of these texts, a number of texts obviously talking about Democratic National Committee, the Democratic Party bringing the free abortion van out to the DNC. And again that's a gift when it comes to the Swing states, right, because when it comes to the Swing States, you really think they're all in with this glorification of killing humans before birth.
Speaker 2: No, if they were, they wouldn't be Swing States.
Speaker 1: So the more the Democrats celebrate this right and dance around the graves of these little girls, you know that, the more they hurt themselves in the Swing States. But Ryan, my premise is that Democrats can't help themselves because what they have committed to, what they have committed to worshiping, glorifying, promoting, is so heinous and so awful. First, they can't even call it by its name abortion anymore. They have to say reproductive rights. Their own minds, they have to somehow justify it. So they go to these bizarre links to celebrate it. I guess, to make themselves feel better and knock yourselves out because it's not helping you in the Swing States.
Speaker 3: That's what I'm deriving from all this, Dan, is who are they talking to? Like last night, I'm sitting there watching as I am wont to do and Kelly's making fun of me because I have to do it for my job and to produce your show. But the audience that they're trying to project, whatever this message is to AOC Warnock, Hillary Clinton, all the speakers, even Joe Biden himself, they're preaching to the choir, the people that are already converts, the people that love abortion. To your point, Dan, the swing voters in the Swing States watching last night, comparing that to what we saw at the RNC, I thought it was no contest.
Speaker 1: Oh my goodness, the RNC was so good. And then this comes to another text that's relevant, Dan, You're lying to yourself. If you really think Donald Trump is going to get a majority of the independent voters, most of them hate him. What you say, when have I ever said that Trump's gonna win a majority of independence? That that is not what his strategy is based on. Trump's strategy is based on what it was in sixteen as well. Get an explosion of turnout, explosion of turnout from people who normally don't vote, and a lot of them will be conservative, but not all. Trump has an awful lot of voters who who maybe aren't even attracted to him by his policy, they like the fact that he's their way to stick a finger of the political world. So that's Trump's strategy. It's not based on winning independence.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 1: I wouldn't be shocked if he did, but I've never said he's going to come out and win independence. What I've said is you're gonna have a lot of people who don't like Trump vote for Trump out of their own self interest.
Speaker 2: And that's exactly what's going to happen now. Ryan, you asked this.
Speaker 1: Great question about, Okay, why is the Democratic Party putting all this boris scene from Star Wars front stuff up front and center, Because clearly, and Peggy Noonan nailed this, Harris has thrown in with the idea that this is a far left base election and they know they're in trouble, right, That's why they just agreed to a second debate in October when she said she wouldn't. They know they're going to be losing in October. So she and the cabal think her best chance is just be open about it, you know, price controls, guaranteed equal outcome, be as far left as you possibly can, and she's betting that her best chance to win is an explosion of support from these people in America have always wanted socialism anyway, and this is their chance to get it.
Speaker 4: Is it a base election?
Speaker 3: Then on both sides, Dan, you talk about turnout for Trump, and this is a theory that Rush Limbaugh espoused for years that he didn't care about trying to win the middle or the independence, that if they generated enthusiasm from the conservative base, from Republican voters, you know, kind of championing that message of conservatism, that that would win in and of itself. Now, by contrast, like you're saying, leaning into the far left proclivities of the Democratic Party and the Prohomas base that we see rallying and protesting outside the United Center, Kamala Harris is going for that same strategy, but from the left. And I just don't know that hatred for Trump, which is a powerful motivator and a reason why a lot of people are going to be voting like they did in twenty twenty, paired with whatever enthusiasm they can gin up for Kamala. Harris is going to match Dan the enthusiasm Donald Trump has this time around, which I think is far more than twenty twenty, and I think even exceeds twenty sixteen.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and I don't think to Harris Camp for a second thinks it's a winning strategy. I think they just believe it's their best chance to win. And they're probably right about that, right because what they have to hope for now is it something that's never been seen before. Will happen, because that's what it will take for her to win. Listen, they know that the only way Biden was able to win this razor thin victory in twenty was to claim that he's some kind of moderate. Barack Obama claimed he was some kind of moderate when he ran. That's the only way the Democrat could win. In most places, the only way the Democrat can win is by lying and claiming.
Speaker 2: To be a moderate.
Speaker 1: And so this whole idea that America is going to elect this wildly radical San Francisco far leftist, no that they know that would defy every common experience we've had in American presidential politics. That's why they're going with this far out, far left strategy because they.
Speaker 2: Why not throw it at the wall. The usual stuff isn't going to stick for us? Well, and that's five five yeah.
Speaker 3: With I mean the abortion of vasectomy, food trucks outside.
Speaker 4: I understand this, and like, oh, well, are they trying to appeal.
Speaker 1: To well, everything we just discussed now A Texter to Dan A five seven seven three nine Da N five seven seven three nine Dan, are you calling a Trump easy victory again?
Speaker 2: No, no, I'm not.
Speaker 1: And but I do believe it's going to be a Trump victory, and it could be a Trump victory with very comfortable margins.
Speaker 2: Because she is that bad.
Speaker 1: I just asked people to step back, you know, take red jersey, blue jersey off, just be totally objective.
Speaker 2: She really is that bad.
Speaker 1: Have you ever heard of a presidential candidate before who they couldn't allow to give an interview for a month, particularly the first month. She really is that bad. Joe Biden is intellectually superior to her. She really is that bad. She also has some issues and I'll touch on it when we come back from the break that no one of us know that the full scope of none none of us know the specifics of but based on the reporting that's out there and what we can see with their own eyes, they're really significant issues and the last kind of issues anybody would want in their president eight five five for zero five A two five five text d A N five seven seven thirty nine.
Speaker 2: You're on the Dan Kapla Show.
Speaker 4: And now back to the Dan Kaplas Show podcast.
Speaker 2: Women are not without electrical without not allowed.
Speaker 4: There's not without.
Speaker 1: Electoral electorals or political power, no kidding. And you know the scary thing, and I mean this literally, and if you disagree, let's have the conversation. Joe Biden is intellectually superior to Kamala Harris. I don't think there's any doubt about it. For all of Biden's failures and proper and challenges, he would go out there and do a press conference, he'd go out there and do an interview he could he could take and try to defend a position. They've admitted she's not capable of any of that, and that's why they've hidden her. Now for what is it over a month or about a month eight five to five for zero five A two to five to five the number. But she had proven long before that that she wasn't capable of those things. So, yeah, Clad, You're here so much to talk about from last night and beyond. I do want to get to some of these texts though. To Dan five seven seven three nine, Dan Ron White, the comedian said it best you can't fix stupid. I personally, I'm not labeling Kamala Harris stupid.
Speaker 2: I never would would. I don't think she's stupid. I think that.
Speaker 1: Kamala Harris has processing issues. I think she has other issues that interfere with her ability to grasp, to understand, to process, to take a position, defend a position. I think that she has a lot of difficulties there. I think she may have some other issues that impair her ability to function in that way that you would expect from a president or a senator or anybody else like that. That's why I think we see a lot of the video that we've seen over time. I don't know, and I can't claim to know what those particular issues are. I just know what the outcome looks like, what it looks like in the end, and it's pretty disabling when you stop and think about it.
Speaker 2: Hey, five five for zero five eight two five five the number.
Speaker 1: I'll get back to some reporting on something that I think is a good example of how that manifests in real life, though you've seen a lot of it yourself already. Hey, let's start in Denver today on the phones with Doc. You're on the Dame Kaplis show. Welcome Dan.
Speaker 8: I just want to suggest that the biggest blunder important history was not having your debate after the Democratic Convention and then Biden be denominee and then had the debate. Trump probably did have won fifty states.
Speaker 1: Yeah, now let's talk about that. That's a fair point. Weighing on the other side of that, my friend is remember when all this came down, This bogus prosecution in New York was reaching the conviction point, and Biden came out and he taunted Trump. He taunted Trump on video, Hey I hear you're free on Wednesdays. At that point, with the election still pretty close, remember it had not started to separate at that point. Can't you see where Trump and his camp would have thought that they were running a risk if they did not take Biden up on that then, And besides, Trump had already been out there saying any time, any place, right. Do you really think Trump could have waited at that point?
Speaker 8: It's hindsight, but I still think just imagine if they had the debate after the convention, what do you think would have happened.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Well, here's one thing I think would have happened is they would have protected Biden more in that debate. I mean one, and they shouldn't, right, they should not. But watch the way they're going to protect Harris. That's why I say, my dearly departed dog, Reggie could do fine in that debate the way that ABC is going to protect Kamala Harris. And I credit I credit CNN and Jake Tapper. And I think it was Dana, wasn't it who did not protect Biden that night? But if this had occurred, and I submit to you, my friend, the reason they didn't protect Biden that night is what I've been saying for months on air before that. The left wants Biden gone. I'd said for months before that, CNN does not want Bidens the nominee.
Speaker 2: What's that.
Speaker 8: I should? I agree? And I hope Tom's two colors show up the fourth time chests and talk at simporaneously.
Speaker 1: Yeah, hey, Doc, appreciate it. Man, Thanks, really good question you raised. I know a lot of people are thinking about that, but we've got to be realistic. If the debate between Trump and Biden had occurred after Biden was formerly the nominee, the moderators would have protected Biden. What we saw that night never would have been allowed to happen because they know Biden's then the nominee.
Speaker 2: Obviously, as I'd.
Speaker 1: Predicted before the debate, you had almost the entire leftist media wanting Biden replaced as the nominee, and the debate was the opportunity to trigger that, and that's exactly what happened.
Speaker 2: Ryan.
Speaker 1: Do you think there's anyway Tapper and Bash failed to protect Biden if he is locked in as the nominee.
Speaker 3: I think him melting down the way that he did surprise even them Dan as I watched their faces, especially Dana Bash. If you remember, at one point she was pointing for Joe Biden's benefit over to Jake to direct his attention to the person actually asking the question. She was trying to help him in that way. So I think Joe Biden was so bad there was no saving him by either Dana Bash or Jake Tapper that night.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and I get that, but I respectfully agree, I think they could have saved him. I think one of the things that startled him was that they weren't protected him. Every single debate he'd had before, they'd protected him at least against the Republican And yeah, I think if that's a post convention debate, the ref steps in and they just don't allow it to get that bad for him. But we'll never know, right well, we will know because you're going to see it on September tenth. You're going to see the way the moderators protect Kamala Harris. That's why I keep saying, I'll come back to the phone lines when we come back from this break.
Speaker 2: You can text me as well.
Speaker 1: DN five seven seven three nine, will continue to get to great texts.
Speaker 2: But listen, the debate's a great opportunity.
Speaker 1: But it's a great opportunity for Trump to shine and for Trump to put to rest some of those concerns that some voters.
Speaker 2: Have about him.
Speaker 1: But Kamala Harris don't expect to melt down because the moderators are going to protect her