Speaker 1: All right, let's get started with today's Minnesota Goodbye. It is a Friday version of the Minnesota Goodbye. It's funny because I'm gonna play a one Nita rant here in a minute. And we met one Nita for the first time the other day. She came out to Pilgrim Dry Canars and I knew her right away. I'm like, that's jan Nita. And I went up and I'm like, hey, I know whatever, And the moment.
Speaker 2: She said the first fuck, which happened within five seconds, I was like, Janita.
Speaker 1: I love you girl. She is so funny anyway, So let's start off with one Nita's rant. We never know we're gonna get and I actually never know whether it's going to play, so let's just push it and see what happens here.
Speaker 3: Hey, y'all, Hey, it's Jannita here, Dave, Jenny. I just want to say that I so enjoyed hanging out with you guys at Pilgrim Cleaners the other day, and we are going to have to do this again. When we're gonna have to conclude Bailey and BoNT and we can all go to the bar, get some drinks, hang out and we could talk about people as they come in. So here is my weekly rant for this week. So you know where you're driving down the highway or you know anywhere, and they have these the signs up make sure you pay attention to the road or keep your eyes on the road, ye, or a billboard with a big ass Hamburger on it. If I'm supposed to keep my eyes on the road and pay attention to the road, why the fuck would you put a goddamn sign on the side and tell me tell me to put keep my eyes on the road. I can't keep my eyes on the road and look at the fucking side at the same time. It's impossible. Meanwhile, while I'm looking at this big ass hamburger saying, oh is that bacon? Now, I ran into the back of Henry now here is pissed off because I was looking at the goddamn hamburger because I was hungry, because you put the goddamn billboard there. You just told me to pay attention to the road. Stop putting these goddamn billboards up with these all these lights and colors and shit. That's taking my attraction away from the road. Let me stay on the road. Well, that's right. Rant for the week. Love you guys, can talk to you next week.
Speaker 1: Uh, thank you, Anita. It was so funny we all got distracted during the middle of a rant because our Amber alert went off on our phone. Yes. I was like, no, it wasn't you. I Mine went off too. That is funny. I think that. Yeah, we all do that. We all the good billboards. Billboards are meant to get our attention and they do a good job, and we're supposed to keep our eyes on the road.
Speaker 2: I don't know actually the ones that change, the ones like the ones that specifically, like the Department of Transportation puts up and they always have like kind of like a pay yeah and like something Halloween related. And I'm always like, you know, it's like don't drink and drive or don't be distracted. And I was like, I feel like you're distracting us though.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I always wonder who's the person who, like, like the police officer who comes up with those Like they just sit in the office and they're like, oh.
Speaker 1: Here's a good one. Tap tap. There's one out by Ridgedale mall as you head west toward like Wisetta that says something like if you something like your broomstick won't fly if you get a dui.
Speaker 4: Yeah something, And that's what they all said that yesterday.
Speaker 1: Do they all say that yesterday's hair to see.
Speaker 4: When it was snowing sideways.
Speaker 1: But yeah, this is funny, like and we it's such a cliche in Minnesota that people forget how to drive when it gets shitty for the first time. But it's real. But it's real. My friend who's a cop, she said, Oh my god, we've had so many accidents today because people forget how to drive and put distance between them and the car in front of you. And that when you when you go off on one of those loops, you know, like when you're on the freeway and you get off and you have to go or on a big loop, people forget that it's slippery and you have to go slow so you don't end up in the retention pond, so pond.
Speaker 2: I need new tires so bad on my car though, Like I got to get that done in the.
Speaker 1: Next few How do you know, have they been slippery or has it just been a long time.
Speaker 2: I needed them, like two years ago. That's how I know. Because yes, the tread is like nonexistent and last winter I probably would have gotten them had we had a rough winter, but we didn't, so I was like, I got I can make it through another time.
Speaker 1: Tires are expensive too, I know That's.
Speaker 2: Why I am like putting it off, but I can't.
Speaker 1: Another one from Angela the emails here on the Minnesota Goodbye. Let me just check my wave form and make sure this is all recording and it is okay. We were talking about revealing things on Facebook. Did we talk about this on the Minnesota Goodbye? I think we did. Angela says. A few relatives, including myself, found out my uncle died a few weeks ago via Facebook, and I was devastated. I knew he was sick and then it could happen, but that's not the way I wanted to find out. I was on my way home from the Sabrina Carpenter concert, stuck in traffic. I then messaged my aunt, his sister, who posted, and told her that she absolutely should not have posted on Facebook. Before everybody was told his wife didn't even post on Facebook, so why should she. Yeah, that's absolutely a good point. You don't post I guess burst deaths, engagements things like that, like I heard that Baileyan trip got engaged. I would want to post on oh my God, but I wouldn't. I wouldn't wait until you two got engaged.
Speaker 4: Thank you for that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, am I thinking that? Okay, maybe I'm making this story up my head. But at Fallon's wedding, didn't you post something first?
Speaker 1: I may have that kind of rings a bell. It was her first wedding because I didn't go to her second wedding. I was out of town. It's possible, but I think that Facebook, at least for me, was moderately new and I didn't know. But it's very possible, right, and you.
Speaker 2: Did know the etiquette, So I'm not fault in you whatsoever. But I feel like I remember that being a story.
Speaker 1: I think so, yeah, and I didn't really understand that. I thought, oh, well, I'm at her wedding. Everybody knows she's getting married, but I didn't have the etiquette right to post before she did. Yeah, another one. Let's see what we got here that Dave, You are correct. I am not anti AI necessarily, but nothing says I'm doing this only because I should. More than having your social media account remind you of a birthday in the first place, and then hitting one button to deliver a prepackaged generic message. We talked about this on the radio yesterday, not I think, on the Minnesota Goodbye. But I was like, stop with the because Facebook will say, hey, it's Jenny's birthday today. Want to wish her a happy birthday. So you tap on that and it'll give you like four or five generic AI generated happy birthday, happy birthday party hat, happy birthday party, present, balloon, and I've been doing that but then I and I thought, Okay, well that's decent. It's better than nothing, and it's easy. And then on my birthday a week ago, I got so many of those and I really was like, okay, well, I appreciate it, but it's so like it takes you a second and a half to do.
Speaker 4: And then when you're going through all your birthday wishes, you just scroll prep past those like I don't care who wished me a AI generated happy birthday.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I tried on my birthday to go back and like every single one that wished me a happy birthday.
Speaker 2: Man, I don't even look at Facebook on my birthday. I don't even look at Wait until the end of the day. Well because I don't do Facebook ever. So I don't expect anyone to wish me a happy birthday on Facebook because I barely use it.
Speaker 1: Really.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Okay, I don't know. I think there's too much social media nowadays. I stick to Instagram and then Like for my own personal like posting, and then TikTok from like the entertainment. Yeah, but Facebook I've gotten away from.
Speaker 1: I can see that I use Facebook and all social media mostly for work as far as me posting, but I definitely do scroll through and look at the you know, the reels and things like that. She goes on to say, the only purpose of this setup is to make the poster feel satisfied with themselves for doing something, even though it's parallel to doing nothing. Imagine if the birthday persons love languages, gifts, and all people do is send can posts. It's not not only is it unsatisfied to read through. Now, the birthday person probably feels obligated to spend their time liking each post to show how grateful they are for your crappy show of friendship. Okay, rant complete another piece of business. You all need to creak up the volume on Janita. Maybe it's her recording method, but she's almost too quiet to hear, and we can't have that. I did check the level and it did look okay this time. But okay, finally, I hope you inspired a ton of people to donate coachs and winter gear. Thanks for the generous programs you run throughout the season's peace out homies. That is from Teresa.
Speaker 2: Can I play Devil's Advocate once? For the birthday posting? Wouldn't you almost prefer though, that they actually did wish you happy birthday versus nothing like Sure, it didn't take any effort because they just had AI generated. But aren't you like excited to see oh, like fifty people wish me happy birthday versus like ten? Do you know what I mean?
Speaker 1: Yeah? I mean I don't have a big problem with it. I mean, at least they thought enough. Because I'll be honest, and you all know this one. You don't go on Facebook, Jenny that much. But sometimes It'll be like, hey, John Smith's birthday is today, and I'd be like, I don't care about John that much. I don't even tap on it. I'm going to go on right now. I'm going to look on Facebook and see whose birthday is it is, and see whether I care, okay.
Speaker 2: See that's what I do on Facebook is I look at the birthdays and then I delete people on that day, oh to you, because I don't know who they are anymore.
Speaker 3: Oh.
Speaker 2: I just have like so many friends, and I don't remember a lot of people from my hometown anymore because I haven't lived there in so so long, so I'm kind of like I don't really remember you or like in college, Facebook was huge, so we you know, you'd meet one person at a party, become friends with them, never talk to them again, and so that's like another thing where I'm like, I don't even know who this person is right now.
Speaker 1: See, I've got a Facebook friend request right now from a guy named Kyle, and I don't think I know who Kyle is, so I will just delete the request. And I get quite a few of these, I think, because people find out my real name and then they friend request me, and that's very sweet and I really I appreciate that, but I don't want to have a bunch of friends that I don't know who you are.
Speaker 4: But then why are you adding them? Then?
Speaker 1: No, I don't, I absolutely don't, So I just absolutely just.
Speaker 4: I thought you said it was his birthday.
Speaker 1: No, I'm sorry. That was not his birthday. No, it was just somebody whose name popped out. I don't have any birthdays today. Let me sell my birthday.
Speaker 2: And I'm trying to look at my it's his birthday.
Speaker 4: It's Justin's birthday, which was yesterday, and I forgot to say happy birthday because I'm a bad friend.
Speaker 1: And now no, yeah, I don't see any birthdays today. So anyway, two and.
Speaker 2: Sixty eight print requests waiting in limbo because I just don't confirm more deny them.
Speaker 1: How many friends you have on Facebook?
Speaker 2: That's a good question I have.
Speaker 1: I have nine hundred and eighty.
Speaker 2: Four thirteen hundred.
Speaker 1: Oh wow, you got a bunch, that's why.
Speaker 2: And I can promise you I know maybe half of them. So that's why I go through on birthdays. And I started leaving people.
Speaker 1: Yeah I think you know, and people would feel the same way about me. It's like, yeah, I know Dave, but you know, I don't really know him well enough to like, you know, care, so I'm sure people delete me whatever. Fallon used to complain that she's like, I got four new followers today, but I lost forty three. So and I you know, I get that I don't really keep track that much. We're really kind of out of emails for the Minnesota goodbye, so I don't want to make this a short one. Is there anything you want to rant about or bring up anybody.
Speaker 2: I will say that I made my costume for boubash last night and very well. I was a jellyfish. And I will say though that, like I should have done more padding or something, because I did have to go in the back room a couple times and take my head piece off because it hurts. Yes, because I made it out of Amazon boxes and people are like, oh, that looks so comfy. Is it just heavy? And I was like, it's not the heaviness, it's the fact that I've got boxes jamming into my forest.
Speaker 1: No cushioning, no cushioning it like get that.
Speaker 4: I feel like we both could have used some extra planning because I had the cutest bear ears that I made and it really made the whole outfit. And I didn't have like a wide enough bass for them, so when I clipped them into my hair they.
Speaker 1: Flopped over it.
Speaker 4: Oh god, it was so stupid. And then it like, man, the second that didn't work, I was like, well, Halloween is ruined, so I learned a valuable lesson to you know, test everything that you're making before you wear it.
Speaker 1: Good point, M. It's kind of a episode today, but I think that's going to do it for the Minnesota goodbye. Have a good weekend. We thrive on your emails, so please send those for Mondays, Minnesota. Goodbye. And if you've never written in and you want to write something in, we read your email. We probably will. We read pretty much everything. Then give us your address. We'll send you a staff writer sticker to put on your yetdi yeah, to put on your Stanley, to put on your laptop, and just send that to Ryan Show at kadiwb dot com. Have a great weekend. Thank you for listening.