Speaker 1: Show Time is here.
Speaker 2: No time to fear.
Speaker 1: Corilla is so near because show time is here.
Speaker 3: So on with the show.
Speaker 1: Let's give it a go. Carilla is the one that you need to know. Now, is show time.
Speaker 4: All right?
Speaker 5: In just sixty seconds? The most fabulous I mean, he's really something. The best, most fabulous host will be here. He just tells the truth all the time, bigly. And he's funny, this guy. Have you heard him? Yeah, he's funny and smart, smart and funny, not like those nasty people on lamestream media. So don't go anywhere.
Speaker 4: He's almost here.
Speaker 5: I know he doesn't speak well of me, and that's okay because I mean he's really quite fabulous.
Speaker 1: Oh shoe sigh.
Speaker 4: Alrighty, happy, happy, happy Monday to you all. Is Trump good for gay pride? We're gonna talk about that. Also, a man throws fire on a crowd. What is going on in America? And AI is taking over art? But is it art?
Speaker 2: Uncensored, unfiltered, un hinged?
Speaker 1: It's a corel cast.
Speaker 3: Listen daily on your favorite streaming service.
Speaker 4: Well well, well, well well it is crell Cast. I am Carell so very glad you are joining me on this Monday June. Second, we are already in June, and we've got the summer is already underway here in Las Vegas. Honey, all right, why I'm a little dark on this side. I don't like that. Give us a light, honey, let's a light in. What are you doing Miscember? We'll let the light in there we go, all right. I had a lot to talk about today, a lot on my mind, too much, too much for a half hour. And one of the pressing things though, is yesterday started Pride month June. And as you know, Donald Trump and his minions have been attacking LGBTQ people, particularly the T and it you know, has caused corporation after corporation to pull out of funding gay Pride events. And many gay Pride events across the nation relied upon the donations from Wells Fargo or Sky Vodka or you know the list goes on Budweiser to fund their events. Now, this is a relatively new phenomenon. Let me explain that to you. Gay prides for God. The first twenty years of my life up until I was probably about forty so really about you know, up the last twenty years have gotten all these corporate sponsors Prior to that, there were very few corporate sponsors. Gay Pride was from and about the community. So the bar sponsored floats, or the local business has sponsored the stage, you know, the uh the Mickeys presents the main stage or whatever. Then all of a sudden, corporations started coming to the party and it was suddenly the Wells Fargo this, or the City Bank that, or the Sky Vodka this or whatever. Well, now, because of Trump's anti DEI push, that has in fact changed, and I have to tell you there's been a lot of upset in the gay community over this. I am not that mad about it. Now, let me tell you it's hurting some of my friends. Meaning they're not getting booked because Gay Pride doesn't have quote the money. But see they do have the money, because they still have some money. They still have community involved ticket sales all this. But what they don't have is enough budget to book people like Mariah Carey, Lizzo, Little nas X. So what's happening is they're downsizing, but they're not stopping these giant celebrities. Instead, they're not hiring the local ones or the smaller acts, the acts from our community. They're not hiring Dixon Dallas or me or THEA or Krista Waters or you know, Orville Pecker just down the line. We hope Pride was this last weekend. And oh they had quite a roster, big, big stars, and yet they're pleading poverty. So for me, and this is an opinion that other gay people will not share, I am sure share whole For me, I think it's kind of a good thing. Prides were getting far too corporate and it was all about the party. You know. They even started saying he happy Pride, which drives me out of my friggin mind. A. It's grammatically incorrect, but b Pride has nothing to do with happiness. We June twenty eighth. And the reason that Pride is in June is because in nineteen sixty nine, on June twenty eighth, at the Stonewall In in New York, which wasn't even a gay bar by the way, It was a mafia bar where gays and other quote degenerates went, and the mafia turned a blind eye because they wanted the money. So at this non gay bar, the stone Wall In, which was a gay bar because it was filled with gays, but they tried to raise the bar as they often did, and as they are still doing. And the drag queens and the lesbians said no. Judy Garland's funeral was today, we're all upset. No, And they started a riot, and then the following years people gathered to commemorate that riot and push for equal rights. The sexual component of pride half naked men, public displays of affection. That came from the fact that that used to be illegal. So it was an open sign of contempt, an open sign of a big middle finger to the establishment for gay men and women to hold each other, love each other in public because it was illegal. It was illegal to wear three items of clothing not specific to your gender, and the cop got to decide what those three articles of clothing were. It was illegal to serve a drink to two men or two women that danced together. It was illegal for gay men or women to hold hands in public. And this is in nineteen sixty nine, when I was seven years old. This was illegal. And so when they meant to commemorate what had happened on June twenty eighth, they did so in a way with political speeches, rallies, and public displays of affection. The parades were actually to flip off the establishment, and then suddenly it became about beer tents and dance parties and all of this and just got turned into something that it was never meant to be. And so young gays, gays that are thirty or under, grew up with Pride being this big party and everyone just went and had such a good time, and I got to see Mariah Carey and blah blah blah blah blah. Isn't it all just wonderful that all these companies support us, And isn't it just great? I never bought into that corporations cannot be your ally. They cannot be your friend. Why because they are pieces of paper. They are emotionless entities set up to do business. They have no emotion, they have no allegiance. Are their only job on this planet of corporation is to do business. That's it. And so if you're good for business, they're your friend. If you're bad for business, they want nothing to do with you. Trump made being friends with gay people bad for business. So these corporations have pulled out, well, of course they have. They were never our friend. The gay community made an enormous mistake in thinking that corporations could actually be your friend. No, they cannot. They can't be your friend, your lover, your partner, your ally. They are nameless, faceless entities set up to do business and to make a profit. They don't care about you. They don't care about the planet. They don't care about me. They don't care about gay people. They care about customers. That's who a corporation cares for. Customers and stockholders. And if they think they're going to piss off a customer or a stockholder by aligning with some cause, they will drop that cause faster than you can say it'scatahuci, not that I know what that word means. So the notion that gays are upset because the corporations are turning their backs on us, well, of course they are. They were never your friends. You were living some deluded life that Wells Fargo cared for you, or that Sky Vodka or Absolute or Budweiser was your friend. No, they're your drug dealer. They're not your friend. You're a client. You're a revenue stream, and when the cons outweigh the pros of supplying that revenue stream, they cut and rust. Well that's not a bad thing, because the pride needs to get back to what it really was about now more than ever, as our rights are under a cast, I mean, now we should be having pride festivals like the first one rally. Why support the Corell cast, then like and subscribe the YouTube videos at the really Correll channel. Just go to YouTube dot com forward slash really Correll. That's kil and subscribe to the most exciting YouTube stream available today.
Speaker 2: If you're not visiting really Corell dot com daily, you're missing out. Get the podcast videos and the blug including recipes at Reallycorrell dot com.
Speaker 4: All right here, I am talking to my people in the chatroom at YouTube dot com Forward slash really Carell. You're welcome to go in there every day from ten thirty two eleven and say hi. If you're listening on Apple Music, iHeartMedia iTunes wherever you might be listening. Hello. Instagram is not working today and TikTok banned me until next week, so we're just on YouTube today. But that's fine with me. So I love to read your comments in the chatroom at YouTube dot com. Forward slash Reallycarell corporatized. Yes, rock and roll music sales, so zempic and soap. Yes, it does every movement does get corporatized, but that doesn't mean it's good for the movement. Okay, it doesn't mean it's good. So I am of the firm belief that having less money, having less corporations involved, is going to force the gay community to go back to itself. Go back to our clubs are bars, We have millionaires. There are gay millionaires, Go get in. What about Glad? Every time I hear about a gay Pride festival not having enough money, I think GLAD made like one hundred million dollars last year. You know, the Human Rights Campaign, the HRC have less benefits, have less award shows, support the community more. The gay community has forgotten what Pride was. And this year they're beginning a reminder. They're getting a stark reminder that Pride came about because we were being oppressed, because our rights were taken away, because we had to go march to show solidarity about going to see Lizo or Little nase X or a three day debaucherous weekend of sex, drugs and rock and roll. That was never what Pride was supposed to be. And if these corporations pulling out is going to make it so gay people remember what it was actually supposed to be about. Then that's a good thing. I know. People will suffer, organizations won't get the money that they normally get. I get that, But guess what, for most of my life that's the way it was, and we managed. We made a movement in the eighties. We screamed and yelled about AIDS and got listened to. We didn't have corporate sponsors for pride back then. So all this belly aching from the gays about oh well, we should boycott all these corporations. Why they never liked you in the first place, if you thought they did, because what they sell a rainbow shirt because they made some rainbow sneakers because they slapped rainbows on it and called it gay pride. Stop it, just stop it. It's your fault, gays, for being fooled by these corporations in the first place. They were never your friend. And by the way, just because corporations like Costco do the right thing, that doesn't mean they're our friend. It just means they're doing the right thing. Corporations do have to work within a set of boundaries. They can't discriminate against employees. They can't. You know, there's certain things they can and cannot do under the law, but we pat them on the back like they're doing something huge by standing by their consumers and their employees who happen to be gay. That's not commendable, you know. That's all I always say about parents and friends of gays p FLAG. I've never understood an organization set up to congratulate parents for doing what they're supposed to do love their kids. Just because some parents refuse to love their kids because they're gay, we applaud parents that love their kids that are gay. My mom didn't want any applause for loving me. My mom didn't know it was a choice, because she was a loving mother who loves her children no matter what. Just because some parents make bad choices and don't love their children doesn't mean we should overly congratulate the ones that do the right thing. I've never understood congratulating people for doing what. That's like congratulating someone for having a bowel movement. A bowel movement is a normal thing of life. You have them. I have four a day, but I don't get applause every time I have a lovely well, actually I do. I take a look and if it's a lovely little Oh good, good for you in Testines. But you know what I mean. Corporations don't have to like us. Corporations don't have to support us. What they can't do is discriminate against us. That's where we should be the Only thing we should be dealing with corporations about is are you being fair to all of your employees? Are you being fair to all of your customers? That's it. I don't care if Wells Fargo likes me or has a Rainbow account. I don't care if Walmart has Rainbow you know, accoutremone, I don't care. I don't need corporations to be nice to me. I just need them to not discriminate against me. That's it all I need from a corporation. Will I like some of their money? Sure? Would. I like for them to advertise on the show. Absolutely, but not strictly because I'm gay, because they want to reach my audience, because they're a good fit for the show, because they're a product I believe in. You know, it's weird this guy with the flamethrower in Colorado or makeshift flamethrower. Now, of course he's an illegal immigrant, and Trump is blaming lax immigration policies and all of that. I saw that and I thought, you know, who are we? Who are we? If you look at the headlines today, who are we? We have people grabbing flamethrowers saying free Palestine. Well, that's not going to get any Palestinians free. And if you asked a Palestinian do you want me to go burn up a crowd to make a protest about you, they would say no, don't go hurt someone on our behalf. If you ask a level headed Palestinian, do you want me to hurt people on your behalf? The Palestinian is going to say no, No, there's been enough pain. There's been. You know, this war Israel is committing genocide. Starting people on fire in Colorado is not going to stop that. And it just makes me wonder, who have we become? We kill people indiscriminately every day now, gun Vibe. Just this morning I read that one of the actors from King of the Hill, which is getting a reboot on Netflix, the guy that played the Indian on King of the Hill, the Native American, he was shot yesterday in his driveway over what domestic dispute. He and his neighbor got into a fight. His neighbor went and pulled a gun and shot him dead over a ridiculous fight in a driveway. Who are we? And this is no longer abnormal? You know? Who are we as a species? What are we becoming? It ain't pretty. We are a species that currently is condoning genocide every day that met and you who has not stopped more innocent gossins die? Period every day, twenty here, forty there. And everyone's applauding Zelenski and this incursion into Russia and you know, this big attack against Russia, applauding war. You know, I mean he's not going to win through military might. Russia will always be bigger and stronger than Ukraine. Now Europe is talking about arming more of themselves. The UK wants to build nuclear subs and all this. So you want to spend all this money on war? What about climate change, poverty, fixing the immigration system of all countries. No, that'll take a back seat. We've got to build nuclear subs in case we have to blow up people. Who are we? I mean, we are becoming a species that doesn't deserve to live. We really are all right, We'll be back in just a second talk about because entities and how these days there are almost anything us. Don't forget my patrons at Patreon dot com, Forward slash the League Carell, I love you. If you're not a Patren, please become one Patreon Correll here, and I'd like to take a moment to thank all the patrons at Patreon. Your support means the absolute world to me and the show. If you'd like to show your support for the crazy endeavors of the Carrel Cast, then please go to Patreon dot com forward slash Really Corell. That's Patreon dot com forward slash, Really Corell, and please help get those numbers up by subscribing to the YouTube channel YouTube dot com Forward Slash, Really Carrel. There's so much great free content there, it's like having a network on your TV, phone or tablet. All social media is really Corel, including threads and Instagram. And don't forget the website that's had it all all along, Really Correl dot com. Without your support, the show simply doesn't work. So please listen on all streaming services, watch and subscribe on YouTube, and support the show through Patreon at Patreon dot com, forward slash, Really Correl. Thanks for almost thirty years of support for the loudest, craziest, most unhinged gay guy and his little dog, and let's keep the party going as long as we can. So outside of being a fabulous talk show host, I have a lot of talents. For instance, my single is out right now Correll Do you Want to Funk? Do You Want to Funk? F u n K? By Corel Kiril. Please go watch the video at YouTube dot com, forward slash Really, Correll, or stream it on Spotify or iTunes wherever you get your music. Surprisingly, Stronger Together is now experiencing a resurgence as many people are listening to Stronger Together, as are listening to do You Want to Funk? Which is really cool. Ah, they're discovering one of my older songs, which is great. All those songs are out there for you. They're all online. Just type in Corel k Ariel, do you want to Funk? Or Corell Stronger Together, and you'll find the videos. You'll find the video, the music, all of it, and it's all at YouTube dot com, Forward slash Really, Corel k r e L. The other thing I do really well is I'm a writer. So yesterday a friend of mine said to me, oh, I'm posting a blog post if I seemed distracted. I said, oh, I'll let you go write it. And he goes, well, I didn't write it, I'm posting it, And I go, well, who wrote it? He said, well, chat GPT. I said what he said. I asked chat gpd GPT to give me six ideas for a podcast about a specific topic. I then took one of those ideas and told it to write a blog post about that idea, and I'm posting it. That offended me. Now, look, I know it's the way that everything's going to be done. I know the cats out of the bag. But I will tell you this, as I told my friend David Ethwidge this morning, you know, chat GPT is now creating images. Google veeo is now creating video from scratch with actors and people that are in it, stand up comics, you can create. You can create whatever you want now and they're not real people. So we've got video and television commercials and movie scenes being created by Google Video. We've got chat GPT writing articles and creating images to go with those articles. Now, as I told David, these very things, writing a script, writing a story, creating an image, you know, creating a video, editing a video, acting in a video. These things are called the humanities. Okay, Art is part of the humanity, and we are very rapidly, in the course of under a year taking the human out of humanities. And as I told my friend, I said, that blog that you had written by chat gpt, it's using me because I have hundreds and hundreds of articles out on the web that I've written, and that's what they use to teach these machines how to write. When I use chat gpt to rewrite say, YouTube description, eighty percent of it is mine. I write it, I tell it to rewrite it, and it keeps what I've written. Why Because I'm a really good writer. It can't write better than I can. And it's probably used some of my writing to learn. But we really need to examine the humanities. What makes us human? Art and creation and creativity is part of what makes us human. A lot of the animals have creativity. Elephants like to paint, some animals like to sing, you know, I mean a lot of creatures exhibit creativity. But what happens if we stop? What do we lose? What do we lose if no one can write a story in the next five years. If our kids don't learn how to write a story, an essay, a story, what do we lose? What do we lose if no one knows how to actually create a piece of art themselves, to paint, to draw, to sketch. What do we lose? If actors are no longer needed because you can just generate them. What do we lose? We lose humanity. They're called the humanities. We lose humanity. Now. I don't know about you, but I don't want to lose the best things that make us human. And one of the best things that make us human is art. A live theater production, a real stand up comic, a talented writer, an incredible painter, Michelangelo Caravaggio, you know, Bach, Mozart, Beethoven. That's some of the best of humanity. These works that have stood a long test of time, statues, musical pieces, works of literature written by Plato, Socrates. We still read those to these days. What happens to the future if the books they read were created by a soulless computer. What happens to art if the art we look at was created by a soulless computer. Look, I've used AI to write music for my lyrics, but then I give that music to a producer who then makes it human, changes it, adapts, it changes parts of it up. I think we're in a very precarious place. That's gonna there's gonna be two There's gonna be a fork in the road in the future. You will be told if content is created with AI. This movie create This movie contains AI generated scenes. This movie contains AI generated actors. This stand up set is by an AI generated comedian. I think we're gonna be told, and there's gonna be a group of people like me that will go for the art that is not AI created. In other words, if I see a film and it says this film was created using AI, I won't watch it, you know, and there will be a market, because that's what makes everything, drives everything. There will be a market for non AI generated art where humans actually did it. I fear though, the pendulum is going to swing a big way. First, newsrooms and writers have already had a really tough time making a living. It's now gotten exponentially harder, particularly if they're not needed. If you can sit down and say write me a blog post about this topic and it spits out a thousand words. And you don't need a human to do that for you. Back in the day, if you couldn't write a blog post, you hired a writer. Now go to chat GPT. We're taking the human out of human and it's a sad, sad state of affairs, you know. In the chat room, Meredith says, we feel powerless to do anything. That's hypernormalization. That's hypernormalization talking. You're not powerless and you can do plenty. It just seems overwhelming. Like when you're standing in an entire room full of stuff that has to be moved and you're overwhelmed. What do I do? Well, you get a box, you fill it up, put it aside, get another box, fill it up, put it aside, one box at a time, you know. So I'm not overwhelmed by at all. This is something I can do. My podcast is something I can do. I can make you think, make you laugh, I can inform you, and then you go out a little bit better in the world. For instance, today I've given you a different viewpoint on the defunding of Pride by the corporation. I've told you that maybe it's not such a bad thing. Maybe Pride will go back to refocusing on what it's supposed to be, a rally for our right. I am Correll, You'd be who you want to be from I've heard anybody. We're just kids started this week. Don't forget to light and subscribe and comment.
Speaker 6: I will not guess my video scene if you don't engage comments. Comment down below, Life Ride, please please, we needed a thirty comment cast.
Speaker 3: A completely different point of view yours. Listen daily to the Corell cast on your favorite streaming service. It's broadcasting from a completely different point of view, yours. Listen daily to the corell cast on your favorite streaming service.