Speaker 2: One on one.
Speaker 1: That ugly kid Joe tune and whenever I hear that band my hangover from the.
Speaker 2: Night four Day nineties, right, yeah they Uh I remember this.
Speaker 1: That band ended up in my apartment, me and my roommate's apartment after a show at JJ Whispers.
Speaker 3: And then you had to drive the record label back to the airport.
Speaker 1: Yeah. She was crashing at my house. She brought the band over after the show. We were up all night and uh yeah she she had a flight out of oi A and then I had to go to work at Peaches right after it. That was one of the worst days of my life. I remember I was late to work and I pulled into the parking lot as the manager and the bosses there. He was standing at the front door, leaning against the front door, reading a book, waiting for me, and he just looks at me.
Speaker 3: He goes, mister English, right, John London, London, rest in peace, he goes.
Speaker 1: He goes late night like a Monday morning, Tuesday morning.
Speaker 3: This is the owner of it, like the big the owner, but the big general manager.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I remember that story like I was there, God, and I wasn't. Oh boy, what's her name? You were driving the airport Cheryl Valentine. Yes, yes, yes, good good lady too. Those are the the old days of radio there, I tell you. So let's begin with this that before you could say, hey, ugly kid, Joe get an uber, I gotta go work at Peaches.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 1: Guy escaped from prison in Mississippi back in June. He he was located. Uh, Federal marshalls were tipped off that.
Speaker 2: He was.
Speaker 1: Working at a seafood restaurant in Chicago.
Speaker 3: Okay, so uh I get I mean restaurant helped hard to get I'd hire the inmate they showed up to for the escape wanted fugitive. Yeah, you know, I mean, hey, if he can cook a if you can cook an ice blacken grouper, he's on.
Speaker 1: Apparently he was so he got win that they were descending upon me. Next thing you know, he's barricaded himself inside the seafood restaurant as the marshals are trying to take him into custody. This is the point where the restaurant manager's probably going, oh, maybe.
Speaker 2: I should have background check, run a little bit of a.
Speaker 3: Hey, man, I worked in restaurants, and now how restaurants are I'd still be like you know, hey, can't win them all. This is solid higher at the time. He really helped me keep my numbers up right for the month and a half that he was on the loose.
Speaker 1: Should be noted this happened, This all went down, this scene, this barricade, escaped fugitive working at the Seafood restaurant in Chicago, which happens to be just a couple of blocks from where the convention's going on.
Speaker 2: Oh, I thought you're gonna say, a police station. Right.
Speaker 1: They ended up taking him into custody without incident, and he will be on his way back to prison.
Speaker 3: Were there any of the people up there that loved Joe Biden? Were there any of them dining at the restaurant you know that said we love Joe? They had the sign said we love Joe. I don't know, the same ones that kicked him out.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't know if those really genuine folks are there or not. Okay, there's nothing in the story to indicate that one way or the other.
Speaker 2: What is it? A nice clams casino? Right?
Speaker 3: Maybe an oyster Rockefeller. I used to make both those at Charlie's Lobster House. For the record, non fugitive.
Speaker 1: Did you ever hear the Billy Joel piano man gay bar theory?
Speaker 2: No, but this sound is intriguing.
Speaker 1: Billy Joel was actually asked about this, and I have to confess I have never heard this. But there's apparently a theory that Billy Joel's piano Man takes place at a gay bar. So the interviewer asked Billy, and Billy just laughed.
Speaker 2: He laughed.
Speaker 1: The bone of contention here is the line that centers on the lyric. Now, Paul is a real estate novelist who never had time for all life, and he's talking with Davy. He still in the Navy and probably will be for life. Billy just laughed and said that is very funny, but sorry to burst your bubble. Billy says, in regards to Paul not having a wife, his intention with the lyric was, Paul was literally too busy writing his novel to find romance. Had nothing to do with Davy and the navy and a gay bar. And Davy is still in the Navy right for life. I mean, he doesn't lie. Where do folks come up with this crap.
Speaker 3: Mat anything you put out there? There's a twist. People are ready. That is a catchy song though, right, that's that's a sing along song.
Speaker 1: That's one of those that add alcohol and you suddenly know all the lyrics of course, right that in Bohemian Rhapsody, it's the other one.
Speaker 2: No Alcohol, and I knew the lyrics right there.
Speaker 3: It was like Davy is still in the Navy and I didn't want to cut you off, but that one, And then what's the other one? Heemian Rhapsodies like that? No, No, I heard alcohol and everyone knows this song. I heard you say that one. What's the other one? Oh my god, American Pie? Yes, yeah, don McLean, that's it my mind, miss American Pie.
Speaker 2: And you know.
Speaker 3: And then there's the other one. Oh man, this is gonna throw everybody for a loop.
Speaker 2: Here.
Speaker 3: It was from the movie Forgetting or Saving Sarah Marshall or Forget whatever it is, and that singer who's well known.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, it's killing me. I'll look it up and then.
Speaker 1: I'll do you think you'll be able to focus on this last item a half here out of Clovis, California. The Luber Driver as you referred to him.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's a lude Uber Driver. In case you weren't tuned in.
Speaker 1: And if you don't, aren't convinced there's such a thing. Just ask the unsuspecting female passenger who got into this clowns car who they're still they know who he is. They're just trying to locate him. At this point, starts propositioning her and questioning if she was single and what she's sweet.
Speaker 3: Caroline, Okay, thank you text line dun dun dunn.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 3: So he starts propositioning her, starts propositioner and she's like, Okay, this is kind of creepy here. I'm just trying to go to work.
Speaker 1: Yeah, next thing you know, he's showing her uh uh dps on his phone.
Speaker 3: Hey, what do you think of this one? Come on, you know that belly Joel song that's for the gays. Rain Davy's still in the navy. He's looking for butt gravy. Yeah, I know about Davy. Slitchit Taco are always on demand. Download their podcast daily on our free iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 2: Get it now at w j r R dot com. Again sent