Speaker 1: This is the seventy seven w ABC Mini cast.
Speaker 2: So we have this situation, obviously where Democratic Party socialism is on the rise, and it's all interesting to me that they don't deny it. The big tent. Chuck Schumer says, welcome to the big tent. The woman who lost in Michigan, Stevens, the congresswoman who was backed by the party regulars, Gretchen Whitmer and so forth, she just endorsed the guy. After calling him every name in the book during the campaign, she turns around endorses them. And of course Senator Schumer, whom I know personally, and I don't do personal stuff, but you know, he has not stood up for the anti semitism of these new socialists. President Trump in the center from Palestine. Maybe that's cruel, I don't, but the fact of the matter is he doesn't seem to be very critical. It doesn't seem to be critical period. So I want to talk about the politics of this from the Democratic side, and can the Republicans beat the socialists in the midterms. That's the key point, isn't it. So let's bring in Ben Ferguson, host of the Ben Ferguson Podcast and co host of the Verdict with Ted Cruz podcast I Love Ted Cruz, by the way, and my pal Joe Conscious, Fox News contributor and WABC Radio host of The Joe Conscious Show nine to ten pm nightly and on Sundays eleven am to noon. Gentlemen, welcome Joe Conscious. Start with you. Do you find it odd that after the so called party regulars, the Democratic Party, who themselves are very far the left nowadays, but they beat up on these people. I mean, let's take Alsayet, It's a perfect example. After calling him every name in the book, they wind up indorsing them, and they talk about a big tent and have big ten is like a socialist tent now. But I mean they will not They will not smack them down, They will not fight them, Joe. That's the odd thing of this story.
Speaker 3: You know why, Larry, Because like the old sins who rule used to say that every war is won before it has never fought, right, And in this case.
Speaker 4: I got that from Wall Street. Actually, well played, Jared, well played.
Speaker 2: Trying to a clever such a clever.
Speaker 4: But it's true though, right because here the E word right, we always hear about the F word. No, the e word is well establishment. If your establishment, you will be another word, and that is extinct in the Democrat Party because these socialists, Yeah, they hate Macca, they hate Trump, they hate capitalism, but they hate I think even more establishment Democrats and they will wipe them out and Chuck Schumer will be target number one. Elsi ed has said that he will not endorse Schumer being the leader of the party if they take back the Senate, and many others have said that as well from the socialist wing of the party. So yeah, Schumer says that I would think if I'm Chuck Schumer, go down fighting, say, you know what, this is not the Democrat Party. I know, this is not the Democrat Party of Bill Clinton, for example, that work with new Gingridge when he was the Speaker of the House nineteen ninety five to pass welfare reform balance budget amendments. The era of big government is over. Like the type of things that if a Democrat said that today, they would be the word ostracized. Right, It's just completely thrown out of the party. So yeah, I think in the end, the establishment is scared of the socialists. They have the money, the organization, and the power, the momentum certainly. So therefore they say big ten. But as Bill Maher, the last sensible person in liberal media, said, you know what you get into Big ten, you get clowns. And that's what we have here, clowns who have no idea what they're talking about. It's all about the working class. Yet it's a bunch of rich kids like Mendanni or else I ed, who have no idea actually had a government, certainly don't need anything about economics the way Larry Kuplow does that I do know.
Speaker 2: Well, I just want to say, you know, we're in New York based station, although it's a national and international broadcast. I mean, I know Chuck Schumer a long long time, and so we have our political difference. We have major political differences, but on a personal basis, I don't want to insult him. I just don't understand the very questions that you're asking why he doesn't stand up among other things, Ben ferguson the economics are bad. I'm going to read off the list of the DSA platform in just a moment from Kim Strassel's excellent Wall Street Journal column. But the thing that is so heartbreaking about this is the latent anti Semitism that seems to animate the socialists coming up, you know, the l saied socialists, And he hangs around with this guy Hassan and so forth. And you know, Sena Schumer, He's not the only one. But he's been in politics a very, very long time. He's given public service. Again, I have huge political differences with him, but in some sense, as the leading Jewish politician in the country, he was the minority leader of the Senate, he was the majority leader of the Senate, et cetera, et cetera. He has a long career and his accomplishments distinguish him in that long career. Even though I disagree with his politics, It just it breaks my heart that he doesn't stand up and just blast them for this incredible anti Semitism, which is hatred and bigotry. Ben and you know the story. It'll be Catholics next, or it'll be African Americans, It'll be Hispanics, isn't now what history proves.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Look, I think I think there's two choices here the way to look at this. Either one Chuck Schumer is straight up the end of his career a coward because he refused to stand up to the people within his own party that were anti Semites. If you can't stand up to Hassan Piker and al said, and say an individual who says that America deserved nine to eleven when you're the New York Senator, if that is not enough for you to stand up and say I've had enough of this, then I got to thank Either you believe these people and you want them to get elected and you're secretly in lying about what you believe in your entire career, or you are straight up coward, because that isn't even politics. Hassan Piker said, America deserve nine to eleven. Hassan Piker is out there advocating, supporting El said, and no one will denounce that. You look at it from that perspective. And here's the other thing about Chuck Schumer. Leaders lead cowards always just fold. He folded to keeping AOC in line because he was so afraid that she was going to primary him that she had. He was like, whatever you want, whatever you want, and that's how you got this communism and Marxism and socialism to fester in the Democratic Party. Now, I also go back to Barack Obama. I believe that the majority of the Democratic Party is in favor of socialism and communism. And I'm talking about the leadership because if you look at the policies, just specifically on the Green New Deals, specifically on them saying openly that they wanted to force Americans into alternative energy, and they wanted to force you to pay the prices that we were paying, which was eight nine dollars a gallon in Europe. That is communism and socialism. And now you look at at Schumer, another guy where I go, Okay, if you believe in what you believe in, as you claim throughout your career, how do you not stand up to this idea of taking private property and rent control and all of the things that Mundani is in favor of. So you got anti semitism. He shows stood up on he who cowered on that. You have a guy that says we deserve nine to eleven. He cowered on that. You've got property rights issues, and you cowered down on that one. And you said, you know what, as long as I keep power for maybe just a few more years, then I'm willing to throw all of my values out the window. And I think ultimately the reason why you keep seeing him say we have a big broad tent. Is because the majority of the Democratic leadership. I actually think they believe what is being sold right now. They just are smart enough to say, hey, we can't say it all the time. We can't tell the American people we want to steal their property every day. So they're just trying to whitewash it. But I don't think to have an issue with it.
Speaker 2: You know on that point. Victor Davis Hanson brilliant guy. Obviously, he wrote a long piece. I had him on the TV show a couple of days ago, but he wrote a long piece sort of chronicling the rise of the socialists inside the Democratic Party. Remember Bernie Sanders who runs by the way as an independent, but he calls himself a socialist. I don't know how he gets away with that. But in any event, what Victor was saying was go back to twenty sixteen, right, and the Democratic primaries. Senator Senator Sanders won, I don't know twenty two or twenty three primaries. He was beating Hillary Clinton until party elders had to step in, and would have been beating Joe Biden in the same way until the party leaders had to step in South Carolina. In other words, they've been festering and fostering this for many years. You go back to Barack Obama, who didn't lift a finger against them, and when he was president. They've been nurturing them for a long time. We just didn't see it, I guess, or maybe it didn't, you know, it didn't pop up with.
Speaker 1: Such clasttle feeding them literally from the moment they were I think this was created. They bottle fed them, Larry, and then they matured them, and then they nurtured them, and then they raised money for them, and then they advocated for them to take over it. They didn't stop it. And even in like extreme cases, you look at what happened in Minnesota, you look at what happened with the fraud there, they still haven't denounced that, because this is how you take over a country.
Speaker 2: You know, Joe think of it this way. A lot of people argued, we all probably argued, I don't know that the Joe Biden administration was the Bernie Sanders administration. It was populated with his people and his ideas, which I point to with twenty one point four percent cumulative inflation as a perfect example of the failure of the socialist experiment. But the point is it was the Joe Biden didn't have his own people, he didn't have his own ideas. I don't know what he had. It was the Bernie Sanders administration. He Biden was their puppet, and so all this stuff, right, I mean, this has been festering for years.
Speaker 4: Yeah, And if you wonder why Democrats wanted Joe Biden to stay in office, because well, he wasn't there, right, the elevator wasn't going to the penthouse anymore. Therefore he was controllable. And therefore, to your point, you could put in all these people, all these radicals, to run the country without getting one vote, and that was by design, I think ultimately. Now you mentioned Barack Obama before, by the way, like you know, during his administration, how you know he allowed this to fester bottle feeds, Ben said, And that's a great analogy. But have we heard from Barack Obama. He's apparently the party leader still at least as far as name recognition, in terms of the guy that you call first, in terms of endorsements, he has not said a keep about this because he's a coward. Also, he doesn't know what to do here right, because he knows that if he denounces this, then he is toast as far as Democrats, especially young Democrats, are concerned. And he hasn't said anything about this, and that tells you a lot about Barack Obama, who's never met a microphone. He isn't willing to talk to about anything, and now he's silent on this. I think the bottom line is, though, and I know you got to go to breaksaw. I'll wrap this up quickly. If l SIID wins in Michigan, then AOC is your nominee. Like that's the connection. A win state wade in a purple state. Right, Trump's won there twice. Then therefore they say this is working, Let's put out AOC as the nominee. If it doesn't work there, then maybe they go back to establishment. Maybe, but I don't even think so there. I think in the end, if your establishment, you are not going to win in this party because the primaries are such where the far left comes out in big numbers and if you want to win there, you're going to run to the fire left. And that's why Kamala Harris right now, who wants to be the nominee, is talking about blowing up to the Electoral College and the Supreme Court because that's what the DSA wants to hear. It's a mess, let's face it. And I think in the end, you put Marco Rubio or jd. Vance on stage with any of these people during a debate during the presidential you know, campaign, and it'll be like Mike Tyson versus Mike Sphinx in nineteen eighty eight. It will be over ninety one seconds, because that's how radical these ideas are.
Speaker 2: I don't know, Ben, you know, Ben No, I got to take a break. Joe's right, but I gotta tell you. And when I think about the last sentence there from Joe, you put them in the ring. To me, the free enterpriser who whips them is Ted Cruz.
Speaker 4: I hope you're right.
Speaker 2: I don't. I'm just I'm not.
Speaker 4: You know, ain't going to happen.
Speaker 2: I'm sure you're right. And it's August of twenty six, so it's a very long stones throw from any of that. But I'm just saying, given the stuff that jd Vance had said, now, Marco Rubio better, no question, But the real free enterpriser in the Republican Party, the leadership is Ted Cruise. Anyway, we'll take a quick break. I understand that's somewhat controversial, even mischievous point of view. We're talking to Joe Concha, who was I'm w ABC radio host of the Joe Conscience Show and Ben Ferguson and the Ben Ferguson Podcast. I'm Cudler. We'll be right back, man. We're talking about tics. Joe Concha, Fox News, WABC Radio, host of the Joe Conscia Show nine to ten pm every night and on Sundays he's eleven am to noon. And Ben Ferguson is hosted the Ben Ferguson Podcast and coch Eric with Ted Cruz podcast. Gentlemen, welcome back. Can somebody run down for me? I'm not sure I really understand this. Maybe Joe, I'll start with you. Burrito Gate? What was going on this week about Burrito's. I'm not sure I understand the meaning of this.
Speaker 4: It's funny. I you know, I was on vacation for most of the week, and then I did a radio interview yesterday and somebody bought that up. And honestly, while I'm being asked the question, I googled burrito Gate. Yes, I really had heard of it, and I didn't want to sound like an idiot, you know, on this particular radio show. Apparently burritos are very expensive now, and in some cases they're twenty dollars. I've never had a burrito in my life, so I don't I can't give you any context around that, but I'm pretty sure twenty bucks for anything that you eat is probably not good, especially when it's fast food. So I think it is that in the end, if burritos are expensive, therefore everything's expensive. Therefore, socialists are getting this momentum because they could say that they are the working class party that can make things affordable again again. You bought it up before. It's either Ben or Larry. I forget around inflation under Biden, when Democrats had total control and they passed the Inflation Reduction Act, and that pushed inflation to a level we haven't seen since Raiders of the Lost Arc nineteen eighty one. You've got to go all the way back there to find nine percent inflation. And now these people have the audacity. They're on, well, we're gonna make things affordable again. Well, you already had your at bat, and I'm pretty sure you struck out on three pecks.
Speaker 2: That was my point. That was twenty We gave them the baton under Biden, and he did twenty one point four percent inflation cumulatively over the four year period, and they use that. The inflation rate today is about depending on how you measure it, it's three and a half percent, and if you take out the temporary energy bump, it's about two and a half percent. It's not twenty one percent or it's not nine percent one year. So it's a you know, Ben, it's a ruse. They use that to cover up the rest of it because they don't want to talk about here. I'm going to read Kim strassel dsa agenda public ownership of large corporations and essential industries, wealth taxes, defund the Department of War, publicly owned social housing, abolishing police and prisons, abolishing the Senate, packing the Supreme Court. They don't want to talk about that stuff, so they talk about burritos.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Look, this goes back to the egg conversation. Remember we were arguing over how extensive eggs had gotten under Biden, and then they came down and then But I do think there is a cautionary til here. Do you remember the guy that ran for office under the platform of the rent is too damn high? You remember that guy? Like it was so simplistic and it was laughable, but then it connected. And this is where I would say the Republicans that are running for office, don't get too arrogant because the price of goods are too high right now the majority of hard working Americans. I mean, the other day we went to five guys and got not the full burger, the little burgers. For my family, it was almost ninety dollars for a fry and five burgers. That is a point. That's the point where I looked at my wife and I'm like, we didn't get drinks. It was eighty four dollars in change. And I'm like, what world are we living in? Where I and I work hard, I make a good living. But even there's a line for me in my mind where I'm like, this is fast food asque and I'm spending ninety dollars like this is insane. And so the point that was being made about the brito is if it cost you twenty dollars for a burrito, that's to go. There's a bigger concern out there in the minds of consumers of who is going to advocate for me, my family and get prices down. And so I think we can you know, you can laugh at the at the hypocrisy of the media and the left on burrito, get no doubt about it, But we also have to understand that that is what I describe as a big warning sign. Well, that's what I want to talk the issue. Yeah, you got to talk. That's why I want you.
Speaker 2: I want a tax cutting budget. I want to spending man tax cutting budget, which the GOP senators have simply not delivered. I mean, people do want more money in their pockets. That's the Republican affordability. Now. Trump did that brilliantly in the election with no tax on tips and overtime, brilliant But you know, what have you done for me lately? And that's the way I saw the burrito story. I mean, you're right, GOP has got to have its own response here to that issue of affordability, which you know, unfortunately with the energy prices and gasoline up not up as high as Biden It was about five and a half dollars, but it is over four dollars. It should be closer to three dollars. GOP's got to respond to that.
Speaker 4: I gotta have some, that's everything. Yeah, the gas prices are such a big thing. I mean I just drove. I'm literally driving while I'm interviewing with you. It's three ninety five, which is okay, it's blow four dollars, but I ain't three where it used to be.
Speaker 2: Oh, that's right, every it's a tax.
Speaker 4: On everyone, and I'm sorry the party in power is going to be blamed for that. And then you point to a round one thing. That's the reason why, and that may be why you have a problem in November. I mean, it definitely is why you have a problem in November.
Speaker 2: Joe Concha. You can get a nine to ten pm every ninth Sundays eleven to twelve and Ben Ferguson and the Ben Ferguson Podcast. Thank you, gentlemen. Very good folks. I'm cud Low. We gonna take a break and look at the economy in some detail after this, please stick around. Lots more cooking