Speaker 1: Five o five.
Speaker 2: At fifty five k r C the talk stations every Wednesday, says, yeah, well the dude may abide, I quite often do not. And Brian Thomas, host of the Drive fifty five KRC Mornings, you appreciate you tuning in this morning. I hope you can stick around all morning. Got some good guests lined up thanks to executive producer Joe Strekker, who lines up casts. It being Wednesday, of course, the UH always looking forward to talking with Jack add and we'll do that at seven o five as we do every Wednesday. The big picture with Jack Atherden's and the brilliance of Jack Otherden just amazing his sight. Today Jack will be discussing big pharma lobbyists on the heels of Trump's executive order to try to rein in the cost of prescription drugs most Favored Nation status, meaning if some other country is buying them for less money than that's the price that we're going to pay for them. How that's going to play out. I presume that the pharmaceutical industry is going to file a lawsuit or someone's going to file lawsuit.
Speaker 1: But you know.
Speaker 2: The brilliance of just doing that, and I've been sort of saying out loud, what are the Democrats going to say in response to that? And the only argument that I've heard against that particular move by the Trump administration is that it's going to stop innovation. That the fact that you and I are shouldering the burden of well providing massive profits to the pharmaceutical industry allows them to do research and development, which, of course it does. Profit funds research and development, just like lower taxes on business and industry, and they, you know, put money back in the business and industry and hire more people. And I'm in favor of that reality. But in the global reality of pharmaceuticals, isn't it sort of strange that you and I are paying like ten times more for one drug than maybe Canada is How is it that Canada gets their pharmaceuticals for a lot less money. That's because the evil, wealthy American people are paying so much more for the pharmaceuticals. Also a lot of government involvement, of course, Medicare, Medicaid pricing structures, and it's just it's a complicated web of insanity. So I'm not sure what Jack's going to be where Jack's going to be on this, but it's going to be an interesting conversation, of course, it always is. His commentary is just remarkable. So seven oh five for Jack, follow by Donovan O'Neil for Americans for Prosperity. I don't know how you feel about this one. It's a The discussion is about protecting private property rights, and we'll be discussing with Donovan House built one oh nine and Center Built one o four here in the state of Ohio, which argues that Ohioan should be free to use their property without unnecessary government interference regarding restrictions on short term rentals, which AFP argues red tape rather than reason regulation. These two bills, they claim, help restore the principle that individuals, not government, should control how the properties use, which as a little old libertarian I truly believe. But when it comes to your neighborhood, and I presume this deals with sort of short term rentals like Airbnb, which have caused problems for many people many neighborhoods. You get one neighbor who's renting their house out of a regular basis Airbnb, and you get these different influx of people not residents in your neighborhood, maybe not caring about you or the noise issues and maybe speeding in a residential neighborhood. Bottom line, no affiliation or connection with your neighborhood. And I know that a lot of neighborhoods have had problems with this kind of thing going on. So what level of control can your neighborhood offer with regard to these rentals. So it's I fully appreciate the concerns that exist with neighbors and their problems with regular rentals of homes and apartments, but I also as a believer in free proper property rights and your ability to control what goes on in your property, kind of running headlong into each other on this one. So I'll be interested in seeing what donovd Neil has to say about that. Maybe you've got something to say about it, or where do you stand on it? Feel free to call on any topic. Five one, three, seven, four, nine, fifty five hundred, eight hundred and eighty two to three Taco with ton Fi fifty on AT and T phones. That's at seven thirty with Donovan Yay for the eight o'clock hour. I love when Congressman Massy comes on before Judge Ennedapouloton of Congressman Massy on reconciliation and out of control spending, which the Republicans don't seem to have any concern whatsoever about. It's like Speaker Johnson coming out against this massive reconciliation bill because it doesn't cut enough. We're still spending at COVID nineteen levels. Why and this whole argument about the met Oh my god, cutch the medicaid cuts, the medicaid. Why is an able bodied adult man hooked up in the biblical court of medicaid when he could be working and I'm just picking on men women same thing? Why is that? Why do we justify that. I thought this was a a sort of a program of last resort for folks on life's margins, and I don't have any problem necessary with that conceptually, but it's been expanded to, you know, coddle and embrace people who refuse to get off their butts and go out and work. There are plenty of jobs out there. Talk regularly about the trades. Oh my god. There's so many career opportunities, not just jobs. Career opportunities. You don't have to go to a four year college and get indoctrinated into the left wing ideology. No trade school, and a lot of them are paid for that you can earn while you learn construction, HVAC, electricians, plumbers. I mean, you can go down the whole list. Those are in high demand and they're decent salaries that you can support a family on. Why are you hooked up to the bubiblical court of government in your medicaid program when you are capable of learning a trade jeez, And you think the world is coming to an end when the Republicans are at least taking some steps to require a work obligation, hell, even community service will work under the current proposals coming to of the Republicans in DC, which you know, say what you want. At least it requires someone to not sit there in front of the tube or the laptop or the game console and go out and participate in society. What a minimum requirement to get you? And I mean we, the American taxpayers, paying for your medical coverage through a massive, bloated government program that's on margin, it's on a well struggling financially like all the social welfare safety net programs are anyway. So congressomassi on that and so much more in the Reconciliation and the out of control spending, free speech related bills, the deep fake porn ability to vote it against, and he says, let's get out of the World Trade Organization. Those with congressom Massi at eight oh five, follow by Judge Ennen of Poultana. What if freedom is suspended? He's talking about habeas corpus and Trump's the rumblings that Trump may suspend the rid of habeas corpus, which is something I'm against. You know, habeas corpus the government arrests you and puts you in jail. A rind of habeas corpus requires the government to show up and present evidence on exactly why you are being held. What are the charges, what are the facts that require this person to be locked up? It seems basic and simplistic. Of course, our founding fathers had to deal with that when the Brits were rounding people up and locking them up for no reason whatsoever under the law. It's an important component in our constitution and the idea that you would suspend it for whatever reason it requires congressional action from my standpoint, and I think that's the judge's position as well. But you know, this is one of those areas where Trump maybe goes a little bit too far. I think it's, you know, akin to this, Why would you accept the Katari jet knowing full well that it's going to provide massive ammunition for your political foes to talk about giving gifts and you know the favors. And I know the Trump administration has a good argument said no, no, no, I'm not taking it being given to the Department of the Defense or whatever. But why go down that road, Why bother four hundred million dollar jet? Why take it? Cutter is not exactly a buddy buddy friend of ours either, so you know, they're just areas that It's almost like he wants to invite this, this argument, this and presented the left with some opportunity to scream and wail and gnash teeth. I say, don't don't give him that. It's not worth it. And I think the RID is just saying out loud that we're considering behind the scenes, we're looking into the suspension of the rid of Habeas corpus. It's such a valuable and important component of our law. It's part of the fabric of our society. I think of you know, Kafka's the trial if you've never read it. It's nightmarish. You know, guys, just is drugged through a legal system without ever being told why he is being drugged through the legal system. That's the point of habeas corpus. You people out there that are upset about the Jason six protesters being locked up and held without bail, you know, it's a form of it. At least though the government can say, here, we have evidence that this person committed a crime. Now, whether it was worthy of them being held without bail, that's a different discussion, But at least they had to show that there was evidence that a crime had been committed. So I anyhow, that one just rubbed me the wrong way. And I'm not against Trump, the Trump administration. I think we're getting some valuable we're reaping some valuable progress as a consequence of his reelection. But I don't know why they tread into these very delicate areas where there's probably little likelihood, and I at least with Habus corpus, that they would be on firm legal ground and creating an uproar among a lot of people within the population just doesn't seem to be a worthy endeavor. My standpoint may not be yours. Feel free to disagree. Give me a call if you like. Five one, three, seven, nine to fifty five hundred, eight hundred and eight to two three. Talk and maybe pause, exhale, Engage in some contemplation, some meditation, engage in prayer. Great place to do that Gate of Heaven Cemetery, Montgomery. It is absolutely a gorgeous place. It is a cemetery, but it's actually beautiful. It's a gorgeous park like setting for remembrance and reflection. The rolling hills got mature trees, everything's well landscaped. The lawns are meticulously maintained. You got your seasonal flower springtime flowers coming up. It's a perfect location for prayer and reflection. You'll find some peace there, get away from the concerns of the day in this well quiet reverend surroundings open to everyone. You are invited ministering to the tri State for over seventy seven years on your life on sacred ground. That's Gate of Heaven. Find them online easily. Gate of Heaven dot Org fifty five KRC.
Speaker 3: Time for your colonoscopy on a Wednesday, Happy.
Speaker 2: Wednesday to you. Feel free to call five one three seven fifty five eight hundred eighty two to three talk or a pound five fifty on eighteen T phones. Reminder fifty five Carcy dot com get the podcast page and I recommend you reading Decivilizing of America. It's a column I read yesterday. It's a it's a a editorial by Victor Davis Hansen, and it is it's a real eye opener, kind of talks about all the areas in our society that have been eroded by these left wing ideologies, and obviously it's all designed to undermine the solidity, the strength, the unity of the American people, generally speaking, watering down this and eroding that. A real eye opener again, Decivilizing of America. The columns link right there. Thank you Joe Tricker for adding that. Also the Inside Scoop with Bradley J. We talked yesterday with Bradley J. From Breitbart, Daniel Davis deep dive on the current situation uk are between Ukraine and Russia as well as Pakistan and India, so some good stuff over there. I enjoyed the show yesterday. I hope you did too. Going back to the the the Reconciliation Bill, which we'll be talking about with Congressman Massy coming up at eight oh five. And I love this. It's a Wall Street Journal article talking about the details of the mega bill, the big beautiful bill. I laugh every time I read that. It's always referred to. It's like when you talked to you about Elon Musk and billionaire Elon Musk, big beautiful bill, then you go into the details because Trump referred to it as that. Anyway, with regard to the Medicaid cuts cuts, it's truly just a work requirement. Dozens of protesters, many in wheelchairs, crowd of the hallways outside of the House Energy and Commerce committed to protest per post cuts to the Medicaid program. Wheelchairs. Don't think that they're gonna be caught up in the cuts if you're in a wheelchair because you're disabled. They're not talking about a work requirement for folks who are disabled, mothers with really young children. And I mean, anyhow, but dozens, oh my god, the world's coming on glued. Dozens showed up. You can get dozens of people to show up for literally anything. You can launch a GoFundMe site for literally anything, even a murderer. Republicans have proposed raining in the program, establishing work requirements and more frequent eligibility checks. That's like to get rid of fraud, waste, and abuse. We're not gonna do it once a year, these eligibility checks, We're gonna do them twice a year. Is that really a problem for people? Doesn't that show a measure of greater responsibility for your taxpayer dollars that we're going to check up on the eligibility of these particular Medicaid recipients. Doesn't it further strengthen the program for those who are truly in need of Medicaid by well chucking people off Medicaid who are no longer eligible. And you're going to protest that. The proposals are trying to reduce Medicaid spending by six hundred and twenty five billion over ten years. Some have warned the perils of cutting healthcare spending too deeply, potentially costing them the majority in the twenty twenty six midterms. It's written, see and that's where the problem is with. Too many people in elected capacity are worried about keeping their phony, blooney jobs and not doing what's right for the American people. Others are saying it's missing a prime opportunity to write the country's fiscal ship. And that's the category I'm in.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 2: It's chip Roy. He pointed out the provision requiring Medicaid eligibility checks every six months doesn't even take effect in the proposal until twenty twenty nine, after Trump's out of office. Not exactly an exhibition of may I be indelicate? Stones is it? Well, we'll just eligibility Why not start it next year or even this year? What's the problem with that? Now we're gonna have a kick in at twenty twenty nine. Jip Roy also complained the tax credits for producing energy for renewable sources such as wind and solar power, which they are endeavoring to cut, which I applaud would be phased out instead of eliminated right off the bat. Again, why do you take so long to implement something that we are clamoring for, at least on the Republican side of the ledger And I think many independents, these green boondoggles, these Green New Deal programs, doing nothing but lining the pockets of well connected gris. Green energy suppliers are people affiliated are associated with green energy. I mean go back. I mean all the way to the Bomba administration with all these hand picked companies like Solender and A one twenty three I think was the name of it, and they went bankrupt. They got huge fat infusions of taxpayer cash and then disappeared overnight. Man, they lack spines. Like I said yesterday, rip the band aid off, get it done, get it done right now, and save us from ourselves. We are a sinking ship from a fiscal perspective, and the Republicans do not show any spine or backbone in this sort of piecemeal halfway phasing in or kicking it down the road quote unquote cuts to government spending five twenty five ffty five cars to detalk station. I got my lawnmower back yesterday. Bud Herbert delivered it. It's fully serviced. The thing look brand new. And I'm telling you, I cut the grass yesterday after it got returned, and it just it's an amazing when you have your blade sharp. And it actually adjusted the idle too, so it idles a little bit higher, so it had a little more cutting capacity. Anyway, Service Bud Herbert services everything they sell. What they sell is only the finest lawn equipment out there. This is fifth generation family and a operator. The name is on the building Bud Herbert Motors. You're dealing with a Herbert family member. When you call them, they will get you in the right piece of lawn equipment. Whether you're looking for like a compact utility tractor, you want a big farm tractor, they got those two. Maybe you want a push more like mine. Honda professional level powered walk behind mower. Didn't qualify that because my mom thinks that I was telling people I had one of those old school rotary motors that didn't power. No, it's a Honda powered professional quality push mower. Love that thing. It works like a workhorse, and they told me it was the last one I ever need to buy my entire life. That's quality right there and again neat service from time to time. I had the oil chains of blade sharpens and they honed that. They posh that thing up. It looks like very new, so it'll be delivered to your door. Whatever you buy from them, when it comes time for service, they're there for you. They are outstanding a customer service. You'll enjoy working the butter movers that don't make the mistake of going to the box store. Those people do not have impressive product knowledge nor customer service. They don't care their name's not on the building. Tell the Herbert family, Brian said, how when you call them up five one three, five four one thirty two ninety one five one three, five four one thirty two ninety one. Find them online. Go to Bud Herbertmotors dot com.
Speaker 5: A series of events. The most important event.
Speaker 2: It's five thirty any very happy Wednesday to you five one three, seven four nine fifty five hundred, eight hundred eight two to three talk found five fifty on the AT and T phones. Regular listeners might expect me to be taking a phone call right now from Tom, who's disappeared again. Someone do a welfare check over at Tom's house. He was calling regularly again after having a shift change, and he's disappeared on us again. I'm not quite sure what's going on. That's okay, you can call enjoy hearing from the listeners, regardless. I do have local stories to go on in And of course this has been a topic of discussion among sports fans and baseball enthusiasts and for a long time, and people with a concern over ethics. ME major League Baseball removed Pete Rose, as well as sixteen under sixteen other dead individuals from the permanently ineligible list. That happened yesterday. According to Commissioner Rob Manford in the announcement, of course, Pete Rose died last September. He was eighty three. Never did make it in the Baseball Hall of Fame. In this removal from the permanently disabled Ineligible list doesn't necessarily mean he's going to be admitted, but according to the Hall of Fames Board of Directors, which adopted a rule that those on MLB permanently Ineligible list could never be considered for election into the Hall, the Hall announced yesterday after he was removed from the permanently ineligible list that Rose, as well as the other individuals who are reinstated, are now eligible for consideration, which I think is pretty much a lock that Pete Rose will be in the Baseball Hall of Fame. And why wouldn't he be one of the greatest players ever to have played the game, and no one can deny that all time leader hits, so I guess the discussion is over. According to the announcement for the commission. In my view, once an individual has passed away. The purposes of Rule twenty one i e. No gambling in baseball have been served. Obviously, a person no longer with us cannot represent a threat to the integrity of the game. Moreover, and it's hard to conceive of a penalty that has more deterrent effect than one that lasts a life lifetime with no reprieve. I guess I can accept that man. Did Pete Rose want to be in the Hall of Fame when he was alive? God, it's like all he would ever talk about.
Speaker 6: Uh.
Speaker 2: Troubling video going around social media led to the arrest of a twenty eight year old woman, Caitlyn Conklin, charged with cruelty to animals and domestic violence. According to Butlokinti Sheriff's Office, Joe, we may have a local award to give out this morning. Twenty eight year old arrested after the Sheriff's office said they were made aware of a disturbing video posted on social media showing the woman, Caitlin Conklin, punching her boyfriend and qualifying her for our award this morning choking a dog. The dog is heard in the video struggling to breathe Conklin, also in the complaint, forcefully threw the dog to the ground. Sheriff's deputies went to the home of Buena Avenue in Lemon Township to investigate the video. After talking with this woman and her boyfriend, the Sheriff's office so the twenty eight year old was arrested. This type of behavior is unacceptable. That's an announcement for Butler County Sheriff Richard Jones. We take both domestic violence and animal cruelty fairly seriously and will always pursue charges when the evidence supports it.
Speaker 7: Feris the biggest douche of the universe, in all the galaxies. There's no bigger douche than you. You've reached the top, the pinnacle of douche dum good going due.
Speaker 5: Your dreams have come true.
Speaker 2: I'm a dog fan. Rodney Hitton Junior, you know him, pleaded not guilty yesterday to new charges that include the possiblity of the death penalty. He's accused of intentionally crashing his car and killing Hamilon County Shriff's Deputy Larry Henderson. May he rest in peace. One day after an unnamed since a police officer fatally shot his eighteen year old son Ryan Hinton. Rodney Hitton Junior arigned yesterday new charges of aggravated murder, which includes the possibility of death penalty corner of the court documents. Judge set Rodney Hinton Junior's triality for February next year. He will continue to be held without bond. His attorney, Clyde Bennett five thirty five fifty five Care see the talk station, feel free to call, and feel free to get your imaging done at Affordable Imaging Services. Because you have a freedom of choice when it comes to medical care, you can go wherever you want. Your doctor's going to issue a prescription for an echo cardiogram, an MRIs CT scan, or an ultrasound, and the doctor is going to suggest you go to the hospital imaging department, where an echo cardiogram may be delayed because of backlog three weeks to a month. It's your heart. You want to get right in because you're worried. Your doctor's apparently worried enough you need an echo cardiogram. Get right in at Affordable Imaging Services and not pay thirty five hundred dollars. You'll only pay five hundred if you don't need an enhancement eight hundred with an enhancement, massive savings of money. It's the same thing across the board. MRIs cost you maybe the same amount of money thirty five hundred dollars, perhaps more, and none of these will probably include the radiologist report. You'll hit a separate line item and bill for that. All the images that Affordable Imaging services come with the board certified Radiologist report. I've had multiple CT scans done there, none of them a problem for my doctor, no problem. It's the same kind of equipment with medical professionals operating in and a board certified radiologist report improved concluded with it. So I didn't pay five grand. I need a contrast, so it is six hundred dollars four fifty if you don't need a contrast for that CT scan. All of them a fraction. There's very low overhead there, so don't expect a bunch of bells and whistles. But again, same kind of equipment and medical professionals who operated, who've been doing this for decades. Online Affordable Medimaging dot com. Affordable Medimaging dot com. The number five one three seven five three eight thousand, that's seven five three eight thousand.
Speaker 8: Fifty five KRC.
Speaker 5: What if you had an extra do forty?
Speaker 2: It is a Wednesday and a happy one today, right Thomas here inviting phone calls five one, three, seven, four, nine fifty five hundred, eight hundred and eighty two to three talk found five fifty on AT and T phones and the Sands phone calls. We go to the stack of stupid. It is that time of the morning where we do that help but wait, wake you up, get you out of bed, and make you feel good that you're not in the stack of stupid. Thank God, I'm not in the stack of stupid. Golfport, Mississippi, where a thirty four year old golf court woman now facing armed robbery charges after police say she went back to the crime scene to look for her lost cell phone. Idiots doing idiots because they're idiots, court, the Golf Art Police Department. Armed robbery happened around nine thirty pm Sunday, May eleven to Dollar General, Please Say. Jessina fay Eesel entered the store with a firearm, demanded money, then got into a fight with an employee before leaving the scene with an undisclosed amount of money. Officers said they were at the store investigating the robbery when she returned to the scene and asked about a cell phone she dropped during the robbery. Yes, absolutely, definitionally speaking, She was arrested, taken to the Harrison County Adult Detention Center and now is being held on a one hundred thousand dollars bond. You're wrong, that's epic level stupid. Amazon delivery driver got fired after being caught on a home surveillance video. Yes, we have those. Now you think the world would catch on? She was relieving herself on two front porches while dropping off packages in Los Angeles. WHOA, that's a lot of feasts. Yeah, apparently so. One video from the Woodland Hills neighborhood, unnamed driver caught literally with her pants down, according to local news. Amazon officials in his statement said, we are deeply disturbed by the unacceptable behavior the delivery driver and apologize to the customers involved. We immediately identified the driver and they are no longer delivering off behalf of Amazon. Well, this is one picture of one woman they are no longer delivering. Do you think that's her preferred pronoun? Joe?
Speaker 9: Who can argue with that?
Speaker 2: Happened about six am on mother's day driver first seen on the home security camera walking away from the home, seemingly pulling up her pants, leaving behind what is described in the reporting as a bowel movement on the bottom of a set of outdoor stairs. Neighbor checked his security footage and caught the same delivery driver allegedly urinating inside a wooden gate at their home and staring right at the camera, which is got the video cap of that. Talk about societaled the evolution. Let us see here we got to Kentucky where a woman got an accomplice to shoot a stranger at Wendy's restaurant after he picked a fight with her over her dog. Just dog apparently got off its leash. Court to police. Carrington Bagwell, twenty three, arrested following an investigation of the January shooting, Louisville Metro Police Department said in a statement on Facebook. Local CBS affiliate reported that during her arraignment on Tuesday, her charges were upgraded a second degree complicity assault and first degree assault. Please say, Bagwell instructed forty one year old Gary Ross, who was arrested in May first week of May, to accompany her to a Wendy's in Louisville in January and shoot a stranger with whom she had recently argued over a dog. According to Louisville Police, officers responded to the shooting the afternoon found the alleged victim, a man in his twenties, with gunshot wounds to his arm and buttocks, injuries not life threatening, taken to the hospital for treatment and expected to recover. Please said they're arrest in the Arresting documents of Bagwell and her accomplice were identified after viewing surveillance video and interviewing witnesses. According to Louisville police, victim had been arguing with another man in the parking lot of the Wendy's when the verbal altercation became physical and he was shot, allegedly by Ross. Please said the suspect fled the scene before officers arrived. Court documents stated that conflict began earlier in the day when an argument rupted between Bagwell and the victim. Documents said Bagwell's dog got loose, and as she tried to regain control of the dog, she and the alleged victim had a verbal argument. Bagwell then went home told Ross the co defended about the incident. Both returned to the Wendy's together, allegedly to confront the other man about the fight. Reportedly that Bagwell allegedly encouraged Ross to shoot the man. Court to local newscaure it is and how about just walk away move on with your life. Yeah, you had a confrontation with the guy about your dog being awf a leash. Okay, time to move on and get on with your life. Bagwell released from jail for posting part of her fifty thousand dollars bond. Do back in court in June. Ross charged with first degree assault and possession of a handgun by a convicted felon. Hey, Joe, there's a law against convicted felons having firearms. Why did he have one?
Speaker 8: I don't make the rules, ma'am. I just think them up and write them down.
Speaker 2: Emery Federal Credit Union Market on your accoulendar. Gather up all of your confidential documents, all your personal documents, any documents you want thoroughly shredded and destroyed. That's what Emory's doing. They do this annually. It's the annual Shredding event going on June seventh, between nine am and one pm at all three Emory locations, Blue Ash, Liberty Township a Western Hills. So it's a great opportunity to get rid of all those convince it knowing that they will be completely shredded, destroyed and you don't have to deal with them anymore. You got old tax documents piling up from a decade ago. Yeah, let's just get rid of those. To take them over to Emory again. June seventh, nine am to one pm. To learn all the details and the benefits of banking and Emory which is a better way to bank. Visit Emory FCU dot org. EMORYFCU dot org federally insured.
Speaker 8: By NCUA fifty five krc.
Speaker 2: Join the rest one fty five k RCD talk station. Happy Wednesday to you returning to the stack. Stupid. My dad passed away. My mom had his wedding ring refashioned into a heart. It's a beautiful, beautiful piece of jewelry that she has and remembrance to my father. Rather than burying it with him, Dad was cremated. Cemetery worker in Indiana allegedly dug up a grave site to retrieve and earn that was buried with a gold ring inside. Why are you doing that? Telling police he couldn't stop thinking about it. Seth Davidson, twenty four years old, found covered in dirt from head to toe. That's quoted because it's in the arrest report. After pulling off the alleged grave heist at Oaklahm Memorial Cemetery in Fisher's, officer with the Fisher's Police Department observed a suspicious vehicle in the area and stopped to investigate. Davidson emerged from a nearby wooded area moments later. Corn to the police report release, the officer spotted a shotgun and paraphernalia in plain view. While the officer was investigating the vehicle, Seth Davidson emerged covered in dirt from head to toe and confirmed that he in fact owned the vehicle. Davidson allegedly told police he worked at Oaklawn, where he recently buried and earned on its property with a gold ring inside of it which he wanted to pawn off corner to the release of the police he confessed that he couldn't stop thinking about the ring, prompting him to dig it up and pawn it. Upon noticing the offices approaching his vehicle, Davidson hid the ring behind a dumpster. Davidson then allegedly guided officers to the ring and also directed them to the grave that he had dug up fresh dirt indicated recent disturbance. Accord to the press release, Oaklawn confirmed to the two detectives that Davidson was in fact an employee and that the only disturbed one grave site that really matters family of the deceased, was notified by police. He's now facing charges of cemetery mischief, criminal trespass, and theft cemetery mischief. That's a crime and Indiana apparently, yes, exactly, Joe, imagine that covers quite a bit of activities. How does one define mischief? Florida man caught lining in bed with his sleeping ex girlfriend after breaking into her home through a dog door, which he also exited through after being punched in the nose by the victim with an elbow. Here's the details. Twenty six year old Kaylei and Ross facing burglary with assault charges for the alleged break in Escamia County, Florida. Corner the rest report, which has been reviewed by a Long Crime which published the article. Authority say Ross was caught by the victim after she woke up in her room to find him lying in the bed next to her. Creepy. He allegedly attacked the woman after she told him to leave, prompting her to throw the elbow, hitting him in the nose the corner of the Sheriff's office release. Rest report says the victim stated she woke up in her room to see her ex boyfriend kayle And Ross lying in the bed next to her. The victim stood up, turned the room light on the victim Anne Ross had a short conversation that ended with the victim telling Ross to leave. Ross refused, grabbed the victim by her wrist, and threw her on the bed. Ross allegedly got on top of the woman as and she began to struggle, elbow him in the process. Ross then left the residence the same way he entered, through the large dog door at the front of the entrance. Yeah, well, I mean he did, but a little too late from that ex boyfriend. Listen, buddy, you broke up all right. Let's move on again, going back to moving all of your life. You're not with her anymore, Geez Louise. People in relationships. Victim appeared to be upset about the situation. Court of the report told police she wanted to press charges. Police called to the scene, they didn't couldn't find Ross. Initially, a Toyota registered in his name allegedly discovered the victims home. Ross returned there, spotted driving away in the vehicle a short time later, later eventually found and taken into custody, being held in the Escambia County Jail on a seventy five thousand dollars bond. X. Okay X, You're not going to score any ports or or rehabilitate that relationship by sneaking in through the dog door and laying down in the bed with her creepy much exacerbating and already deteriorating problem much five fifty six fifty five KR Seed Talk Station to stick around more to talk about the six o'clock hour and seven oh five The Big Picture with Jack add and I appreciate hearing from you. If you got something to say, feel free to phone in. I'll be right back after the news.
Speaker 5: At the top of the hour.
Speaker 3: Every day we discover something new and important.
Speaker 5: The day's top stories on fifty five KRC.
Speaker 2: The talk Station's till five A fifty five PRCG talk station. By the time I was fishing everyone a very happy Wednesday and inviting you to stick around. I love my Wednesdays here in the Morning Show, especially since we've added and we have for quite some time now. The Big Picture with Jack Adviden that's coming up at seven oh five. Jack Atherton will be addressing the big Pharma lobbyist is of course, in the wake of Donald Trump's executive order Most Favored Nation staff for pharmaceuticals, again out loud asking the question, how is it that Canada can get pharmaceuticals for so much less money than we here in the United States pay. It's a good question. Why are we subsidizing research and development here on our shoulders alone, where the rest of the world gets the benefit of lower cost pharmaceuticals. And the statistics on pharmaceuticals we're kind of mind blowing a right the other day that on average five hundred and forty bucks a month or something like that. It's like, really, that's a hell of a lot of money. Yeah, a lot of people are on meds. Donald and Neil Americans for prosperity and protecting private property rights. This is a connection I believe with airbnb type rentals and Donald and Neil and Americans for prosperity, fighting for property rights and your ability to well use your property as you determine, which I get and agree with to a large degree. But then there's that compounding factor. Well, if you live in a neighborhood and you got one of those airbnbs right next door, you may be having problems with them. And folks that short term rentals don't necessarily give up wit about the rest of the neighborhood. Quite often they're on vacation, they're partying, they're having a great time, which can be a little bit disturbing if you're trying to get us go to sleep at night. So I feel like I'm sitting on the fence and that kind of issue. So I'm looking forward to having Donovan articulate why AFP has come out loud in favor of the House incentive bills that are floating around regarding those issues. Congressman Thomas Massey, I love when he precedes Judge Anena paltanous Well, two of my favorite folks. Congressman Massy on reconciliation and out of control spending. Of course, we got some of the details now about the mega bill that they're proposing. Speaker Johnson wants them to phase it in and do in multiple steps, and he's against the larger bill because it just doesn't cut enough. And he's right, and I'm sure Congressman Massy's on my side of the equation and Speaker Johnson side of the equation with regard to the very limited nature of the cuts that are in this bill, and it is reconciliation doesn't require a Senate majority, which makes it much easier to get through as long as you have well unanimity among the Republicans, and they're really struggling to get that because you got the Republicans in high tax states that are pushing for a much higher salt threshold. Right now it's at thirty thousand dollars, up from the current ten thousand dollars, and that's just not quite good enough for the residents of the state of New York, at least in terms of their representatives. You know, you're the ones that have epics insane high taxes. I mean, this is the American taxpayer bailing out you and sort of, you know, taking away the pain that high tax states residents feel when they can deduct those massive taxes from their federal income tax when doing their tax returns. I mean, you should feel the pain and you should go a different direction when it comes to elected officials who are ones that are responsible for jacking your taxes up. Anyway, we'll hear from the congressman on that, also free speech related bills and his argument to get out of the World Trade or a trade organization. And then of course it's Wednesday. Judge Nitapolitana, what if freedom is suspended? Talking about habeas corpus and the Trump administration suggesting suspending the rid of habeas corpus, an idea that is not popular with the morning show host meet. All right, so what do we got? Well, let's move over to some positive developments, at least if you're on the side of deporting illegal immigrant gang members. I know Trump's been struggling in the course because every time he has issues an executive order or does any literally anything, the ACLU or other organizations NGO's running to court to try to stop them. And that's what happened with his efforts to use the Alien Enemies Act to deport members of the Train di Aragua gang. Does anybody want them in the country. Well, according to a recent judicial opinion, Trump can use the Elliot Enemies Act to deport members of that gang. According to the federal judge ruling yesterday, which broke with some of the other court judges who've ruled on this going the opposite direction. In this case, US District Judge Stephanie Haynes, who happens to be a Trump appointee in Pennsylvania, determine the President can remove individuals affiliated with foreign terrorist organizations under the AEA, but required the administration to provide the detained migrants with twenty one days notice in both English and Spanish before deportation can occur. So you've got to give him to fair notice. Forty three page opinion that her unflagging obligation is to apply the law as written quote. Having done its job, the court now leaves it to the political branches of the government, ultimately to the people who elected those individuals, to decide whether the laws and those executing them continue to reflect their will. Well, that is representative government. Trump previously designated the Trade into Agua gang as a foreign terrorist organization, which allows him, in his opinion, to invoke the AEA because they're invading it permits deportations during an invasion or predatory incursion by a foreign power. Now, this law has only been used during wartime Previously, Trump invoked it in March to expel more than one hundred of these gang members, sending them down to El Salvador. In this case, it is the ACLU who filed multiple lawsuits challenging the use of this law, and apparently when that will be urging the Supreme Court to resolve the matter nationwide because this ruling conflicts with prior rulings from Texas, New York, and Colorado. Now, this judge refrained from weighing in on whether gang members specifically fall under the AEA's jurisdiction, limiting a rule to Trump's authority to act against the designated terrorist groups. It lifts a temporary block that she previously issued last month, saying the Court recognizes that it may need to conduct further analysis and consider additional issues related to the specific notice in the future. In other words, if you don't provide prior notice, someone is going to end up in court arguing that you didn't provide the twenty one DEDs notice required in the order. So yeah, there may be further court proceedings, but we'll let that happen if it happens, so she's just acknowledging that. So now we have a split decisions across the jurisdictions, which of course invites the Supreme Court to analyze this issue and determine completely whether or not the AEA can apply to gangs. Remains me seen and in further judicial actions. We have a federal judge, oh look, a Trump appointing now authorizing the IRS to help Immigration and Customs Enforcement locate illegal aliens in the United States by providing the ICE agents with tax information. Apparently last month, the IRS and ICE finalized the deal that would allow ICE agents to request tax information on illegal aliens the agency is looking to locate and deport. Under the terms of the deal, ICE can submit a request to the IRS for this information and help find them, and from there IRS officials can hand over the information on illegal aliens now left winging non governmental organizations. This is kind of where the lawsuits come from. In this case, a variety of them sue the Treasury Department to get the IRS ICE deal blocked by a district court.
Speaker 5: It didn't work.
Speaker 2: The US District Judge Dabney Frederick on Monday ruled that the IRS ice deal does not violate the IRS Code, denying their request for a preliminary injunction. Quote. At its core, the case presents a narrow legal issue. Does the memorandum of understanding between the IRS DHS violate the Internal Revenue Code? It does not. And I've kind of cracking up over that one. If you're in the country illegally, under what circumstances would the IRS have information about you? Are you filing tax returns? Maybe it's one of those Social Security numbers that have been stolen, because well, we had a whole bunch of them in the ranks that were still active. Maybe they're being used by people living in the country illegally who are employed with the stolen tax number. I don't know. I just got to ask that question out loud, because I don't know. I really quick fathom under what circumstances the IRS would have information about illegal aliens living in the country. Ponder that one and answer the question if you can, but feel free to call me without further ado. Let's talk about odor. Eggs have great products made right here in the Greater Cincinnati area, and they have been for more than twenty five years. The products that absolutely work backed by a one hundred percent guarantee. That's right. If oto exit does not eliminate the odor that you're trying to get rid of when you use it as directed, then they give you your money back. I mean that's a strong guarantee, especially when you're talk about odors, smoke, mold, mildew, human odors, pet oders, skunk spray, up and down the line. Odor Exit products have been working for again twenty five years, and congratulations on the anniversary that was celebrated just recently. Od O r xit no E od O r xit dot com. You can easily determine which product you need to buy. There are several of them. They'll be delivered to your front door usually within a day maybe two. If you order online, and if you can't deal with that odor a minute longer, buy them locally. I guarantee you they are sold within short driving distance from your home. Use the search engine on the website again, odor exit dot com.
Speaker 10: This is fifty five KRC and iHeartRadio station Best are US.
Speaker 2: Dive here Channel nine. First morning weather forecast. We have been mostly cloudy to enterhance afternoon scattered storms are possible. Today's high seventy seven, storms apparently leaving the area around six PYM. Overnight loll is sixty two with partly cloudy skies as far as another partly cloudy day Armer the eighty four for a high down to sixty eight overnight with a slight risk of storms, and on Friday still chance of rain. They say best chances are in the evening at night Friday's high eighty five. It's sixty one right now. It is time for a traffic update from Chuck Ingram.
Speaker 1: From the UCF Traffics Center.
Speaker 11: You See Health has expert traumacare focusing non prevention, treating injuries and supporting long term recovery and rehabilitation.
Speaker 1: Learn more you see health dot com.
Speaker 11: Highways continue to look good this morning, no accidents there to deal with and nothing closed to a delay as of yet, with the exception of southbound two seventy five which is loading up a bit early onto the care Our Proper Bridge. Chuck Ingram on fifty five care See the talk station.
Speaker 2: At the five car se Detalk station, A very happy Wednesday to you five on three seven eight hundred eight two three talk don't forget fifty five care Sea dot Com an important read. I did read the column on the area yesterday. You can get the podcast of that if you choose to have me read it to you. But the Decivilizing of America, it's a great op ed piece by Victor Davis Hanson and really an eye opener about the well literal decivilization of America and a whole bunch of different areas. It's sort of a it's just a thoughtful brief analysis of the erosion of the fabric of America that's unfolding before our very eyes. And one of the reasons this open borders that that Joe Biden encouraged a without question, an intentional effort to undermine the value system and everything that we believe in as Americans. Just scary stuff going on out in the World's go to the phones before we move on. Bobby's on theline. Hey, Bobby, thanks for calling this morning. Welcome to the Morning Show.
Speaker 12: The Happy hump Day, my brother, Flagging family. You're always going to have freedom. Don't forget your firearms. Actually, given my friend, the last few days, we've had a lot of individuals don't understand why the rhetoric of a lot of the left is doing. You know Crockett from down in Dallas. But one is a good one is old David Hogg. I was elected as a vice chair at the d NC.
Speaker 2: Go ahead, Bobby. Anybody who knows this is laughing with us right now, Bobby, because if you read the DNC, they are just they don't care at all anyway, Go ahead, Bobby. I'm sorry to interrupt. I just don't know.
Speaker 12: But that's what this Democratic Party has. They has these people that want to be loud and bold and screaming and everything well educated that well, look at Crockett down Dallas. But David Hall, he was elected as a vice chair of the DNC election. Yeah, they're kicking him out and they're polling the election out because they don't like his gandery.
Speaker 1: Yeah and the.
Speaker 12: Beginning.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: And they claim that the rules were somehow violated or something. It's the most twisted and contorted argument you could ever come up with coming from the DNC, because oh my god, look look what who our party elected. Look who the majority of the Democratic Party elected. David Hogg, And oh my god, we're left with this clown. Listen to what he's saying he's trying to primary out Democrats. He's not attacking the Republicans. We need to unring this democratic process. I mean, it's just, oh god, it's like selecting Kamala Harris to be the presidential nominee without asking the Democratic part of the Democrat Party who they want to be the nominee.
Speaker 12: Well, let's threatening the DNC hierarchy. I mean, I still got to see propositive T shirts?
Speaker 5: Remember those?
Speaker 12: Oh yeah, you know, it's just a comedy show, my friend. Well, what need to understand? We're in the midst of a cultural revolution. We are, and they can figure it out. They can figure it out real easy and be prepared for the seventy two our window because it's coming.
Speaker 2: Well, you know, you say that, and every time you say it, as time moves on, I'm more and more inclined to buy into the proposition that it is coming. And that's exactly what that Decivilizing of America column is all about for Victor David Hanson, which again is posted right there on my blog page fifty five Casey dot com for all read, Yeah, it's a cultural revolution. With that question, Bobby, appreciate your call. As always let's see what CJ's got today. CJ, thanks for calling the Morning Show. Welcome, thank you, and.
Speaker 9: I hope you're having a great morning.
Speaker 4: One thing you can really see with the decivilization of America and I want to read that article bye. You see it in every high school, every junior high any elementary school. If you are a parent and your kids are watching TikTok or Instagram, their feeds are just full of high school fights. They are just all over the place. And the new thing is these kids are attacking teachers and adults and they're getting zero to no punishment. And when they do, you get the superintendents out there, as there is in one school district saying that we don't support the county or the prosecutor charging battery because the student attacked or students attacked the adults. There is no fear amongst the children of this country right now against violence, and that is a very very dangerous thing because these people are soon.
Speaker 9: To be adults.
Speaker 2: You are so right on that, and that's another scary component. If you don't have punishment as one of the pillars of law enforcement, even in enforcing school disciplinary actions, you get a bunch of unruly people who realize there's not going to be any consequences for their violence, and that's happening more and more every single day. And then of course the politicians and the powers to be, if they are left leaning like they seem to be, will go hard, hard after select groups. This is like you know, a racist back in the in the in the era of like Jim Crow laws and lynchings. You know, people will go after a group of people based on the color of their skin and not go after other people for you know, for crimes, and you just have selective prosecution, and it's twisted. The mentality is insane. But if you don't enforce the law equally and across all lines, you're going to have a devolutionist society. We see it in the classrooms, as you point out, we see it in the streets. And did anybody get prosecuted for throwing frozen water bottles and fireworks or blowing up and burning buildings for the antiphon Black Lives Matter? Folks, I don't recall it, but they went after the JA six protesters. Weren't both sides equally responsible for violating the law, and shouldn't both sides been equally targeted by law enforcement to go after them, to hold them accountable for their crimes. Now, ah, it's just mind boggling the punishment. It serves as an illustration to all members of society that if you break the law, you will be held accountable. And if you don't tell these children that what they're doing is going to result in consequences, then guess what it's gonna get worse. Social media's only exacerbated the problem. There's a lot of one upsmanship going on out there. Oh yeah, you think that's bad, Well check out what I'm gonna do six twenty six right now. Fifty five cares to the detalk stations. Phone calls are welcome, local stories are coming up first, or from the best plumbers around. That's plump type plumbing, plump tight residential plumbing needs. You're in the right hands when you call plump type plumbing A plus the better business Vureau, no service fees and free estimates. So the some pump problem plump type plumbing to the rescue. You got the whole idea of your sewer line having problems, which can be observed with multiple clog drains, poor draining, foul odors, got that going on, maybe patches of abundant growth in your lawn, that's probably your sewer line leaking or having or collapsed. So you know what they do trenchless sewer line repair. They don't have to dig up your yard to repair or replace your sewer line. That's a great thing that they do. They're also the number one installer of tankless water heaters. Go tankless for energy efficiency, save money, save space because they're really they're small. They're like the size of a suitcase compared to your well maybe one hundred gallon hot water heater the traditional tank heater. Plus they last a lot longer than the traditional tank. So it's a lot of great reasons to go with a tankless water heater. And plump tied to the folks to install those. So any problem with your plumbing, including the raining chandelier that I had, that's an emergency situation. They do emergencies as well. Find them online. Plumtight dot com, t I t E. Plum tight dot com five one three seven two seven tight. That's five one three seven two seven eighty four eighty three fifty five car The talk station Channel nine first one to one forecast today mostly cloudy sky's got scattered storms possible this afternoon high at seventy seven. The storms apparently are moving out by around six pm. Overnight, partly cloudy in a little sixty two Tomorrow, another partly cloudy day with a bit warmer temperatures eighty four for the high, down to sixty eight overnight with a media slight riskers and severe storm and then a chance to rain on Friday as well. Friday's high eighty five right now sixty one degrees. Time for traffic updates, Chuck from the UCL Traffic Center.
Speaker 11: You see health hands expert traumacare focusing on prevention, treating injuries, and supporting long term recovery and rehabilitation. Learn more. Had you see help dot com. Highway traffic continues to look good this morning. No accidents to deal with North Bend seventy five. There's no and Kyle's as of yet, but that is starting to build. We spend two seventy fives under ten minutes Milford to Montgomery. Chuck Ingram on fifty five KROC the talk station.
Speaker 2: Jishia six thirty two at fifty five KRCD talk station. I always credited my listeners for being so unbelievably intelligent and a stude. And props to Eric, who's maybe answering the question about what the IRS might have about illegal immigrants which it can share with Immigrations custom officials. The individual Taxpayer Identification number, which apparently is issued by the IRS to foreign individuals who are not eligible for a Social Security number but need to file taxes. Now, that does exist, I guess, unlike a Social Security number, which is issued by the Social Security Administration to US citizens and those authorized to work in the US. But if you're in the country illegally, would you apply for and individual taxpayer identification number? Would you file taxes? Just wondering under what circumstances you would apply for that. Anyhow, apparently they've got those. Thank you Eric for passing it along in Local Stories, and thank you Todd Zinzer Citizen Watchdog. You should definitely listen to his podcast if you're worried and concerned about matters in the city of Cincinnati. He's doing all the reporting that local news reporting outlets should be doing on behalf of the taxpayers of the city of Cincinnati. Sherry Long, the city manager, issued a memo to the mayor and the City Council basically a memo to the general public about potholes. So again, the purpose of the memos to brought an update on the Department of Public Services pothole repair efforts. They said the rainstorms the temperature fluctuations resulted in the reopening of temporary road patches. I don't have to read the whole memorandum, but she said the asphalt plants are scheduled to open on April twentieth, which will allow CLUES crews to implement more sub sustainable general repairs, maybe fully paving road lays, roadways like sunset. Anyway, they say they're hard at work. Average pothole is filled and fixed within three days. I don't believe that for a minute. They are encouraging citizens to be pothole spotters by reporting pothole locations, which I'm encouraging my listening audience too, in fact do She writes this helps DPS to perform temporary fixes to ensure safe travel. Potholes can be reported Joe Bottles can be reported by calling three to one one, which I think only works if you are within the limits of the City of Cincinnati geographically three one one, or you can call five one, three seven, six, five, twelve twelve, or you can visit three one one cincywithy dot com. There's also one more which is the three one one Sincy exclamation Point mobile app. She says, specify in your report about how many are in the reported area, where they are located and what size they are. So on, behalf of every single human being whoever uses Sunset? Would you please call up repeatedly? Oh my god, six thirty five fifty five kres the Detok station and I know there's someone out there scream at the radio, going it's not just Sunset. I got nine gajillion bottles on my street as well. Yeah, I know. I believe you take care of what you built already before you start building other things. What else is going on? Calling electric for residential electric projects. My friends at Cullen are the best in the business. Family own operated since nineteen ninety nine, They of course enjoyed a plus with a better business bureau because they are great at what they do. Licensed to electricians that are absolutely superior customer service. They'll take great care of you, respectful of your home and the home owner of course, and always at the right price, which is why they have an A plus you got a large job like rewiring your whole home, getting rid of the old aluminum wiring or the noob and tube wiring. Of course they're the ones to call a little project something small. They do that as well. I've used them for multiple projects over the years, and always to my satisfaction. I'm certain you too will be satisfied with the results and the price. At Culin Electric five one three two two seven four one one two five one three two two seven four one one two online call on spelled c U L E and Cullen Electric Cincinnati dot com.
Speaker 5: The days of relaxing in the drawing room by the radio set are long gone. Of these days, we're taking it to go the iHeartRadio powered by fifty five KRC dot.
Speaker 3: Com Andy, Andy, how does it feel to win this?
Speaker 5: Say?
Speaker 2: Forty fifty five KRCD talk station Happy Wednesday. Well, on a follow up my comment about those tax numbers, Eric says, well, under the DACA, illegals were encouraged to get one of those temporary or individual tax pay identification numbers. I still question whether you would would if you were in that position. Would you just because you're encouraged to do it, would you actually do it? I'm here illegally. Why would I give them a bunch of information about myself? Why would I file taxes? I'm a lawbreaker. Anyhow, Over to the phones five one three, seven hundred eight two three talk interestingly two Tom's on the line. Will go with Tom one other Tom, I'm not talking to you. Hang on, I'll get your call after Tom one. Tom, welcome to the program. Thanks for calling. Morning Brian morning.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 13: You were talking a few minutes ago about that three wrong run with Cincinnati. Yeah, I hate to say it. I have a business right across from one of the city locations, and uh well, I was very difficult. But over the last two years I've called every time I see Apopo, I'll stop, I'll take a picture. I'll send it to three one one. Within forty eight hours, that thing's filled.
Speaker 2: I am glad to hear that. I obviously I'm jaded and cynical that the cities of Sincenti's actually doing something of value for the residents. So I'm pleased to hear that you've had a positive result of it. Tom. I find it a little shock the.
Speaker 14: Very Yeah, me too.
Speaker 13: I was surprised. I said, you know, I'll make this support. I'll never see these people show up but shut up every time. Within forty hours the things filled up.
Speaker 2: Well that's great. Can I just ask you a quick question? Is is it a major thoroughfare? Is it? Like I get the impression certain neighborhoods and maybe less used roads are being ignored, And if they're focusing on roads that are more heavily traveled, it would make sense. But I'm just wondering, you know, how heavily traveled is the road that you're talking about, or roads as the case man.
Speaker 13: One of the ones that I've reported have been on Guest Street between Fraemen and State Street. Ser They're not terribly heavily travel They're not a major thoroughfare. But can I see him I call it in?
Speaker 2: Well, you know what.
Speaker 13: If you don't. If you don't call it in, it'll be there for the next five years.
Speaker 2: Well, that's for sure. That's why I was telling everybody to call in about Sunset. It's just it's been that way for a decade. Tom, thank you for the positive news for the city of Cincinnati. I welcome that kind of news. Why I'm so jaded in citeical. I think I have good reason to be. Tom too, Tom, thanks for holding on the phone. Welcome to the Morning Show.
Speaker 14: I'm in favor of a national ID badge and also workplace raids, where we put the burden on the employer attire and all these illegals in the country and find them or whatever. But I think that'd be a good way to stop.
Speaker 15: All this.
Speaker 14: Well free money flowing out of the country and taking resources from US citizens.
Speaker 2: Well fair enough, And I know they do raid companies that have been turned in for hiring illegal immigrants. I mean, if you don't, if you're not authorized to work in the country, you're not supposed to be hired in the first place. But the problem with that is if the illegal immigrant obtains documentation which gives them the appearance of the right to work, then employers aren't held are really don't press the matter. They're not they don't look into it. They don't contact like Social Security and find out it's like, oh, here, I have a Social Security Well it's like, it's fine with me, you're hired. So maybe the owners should be a little bit stronger on employers to double check and verify that the information that's being presented is accurate. I mean, if they're in the country illegally, they don't have a Social Security number or this temporary work allowance, then they're not supposed to be hired in the first place. And we you and I both know that a lot of employers don't care about that, and I'll go ahead and hire them anyway. Appreciate the call. Five on three sevento nine fifty one hundred eight hundredy two three talk in other legal developments. This is interesting a conversation we had with Judge Ennopolatana, who's going to be on at eight thirty today talking about these suspension of the rod of Abas Corpus. We talked about that judge who was arrested for helping an illegal immigrant evade ice. It was a couple of weeks ago, and the judge was a little upset about that, saying that judge has no obligation to cooperate with the federal officials. Now, this judge just indicted Judge Hannah Dugan, Milwaukee County Circuit judge. She was assigned to preside over the hearing for Eduardo Flores Ruez, a Mexican national charged with domestic violence. This is back in April eighteenth. Flores rus had previously been deported in twenty thirteen. No evidence that he re entered the country illegally, so illegal immigrant he was and remains. FBI agents had deportation officers planned to arrest Flores Ruez after the hearing. They knew he was going to be in front of the judge. They showed up. They were going to tap their feet and wait around for the hearing to be for the hearing to conclude, and then arrest him when he was walking out of the courthouse. However, witnesses said Dugan, the judge, appeared to be visibly upset and had a confrontational, angry demeanor upon learning that the arrest party was out there waiting for this guy to walk out of the courtroom, and they claimed, Dugan escorted Flores Ruas and his lawyers out of the courtroom through a jury door, which leads to a non public area in the courthouse after she quote unquote ordered the team of FBI and deportation officials to go to the Chief Judge's office. The jury door normally used by defendants only if they are in the custody of deputies. Another officer, according to the affidated, noted that Flores Rus and his lawyer on an elevator alerted the arrest team. Floresru is apprehended after a foot chase outside the courthouse, which foot chase never would have taken place had they just had he been just released in the normal court order a course of the hearing process, which is leaving the courtroom out of the main courtroom doors. FBI director Cash Matel said investigators believe Dugan intentionally misdirected federal agents away from Flores Ruez as officers were preparing to arrest him in the courthouse where the judges work, so obstruction of justice. This judge was just indicted by a federal grand jury after being arrested and accused of helping an illegal alien if a Immigration and Customs officials. Indictment comes after being arrested on April twenty fifth and suspended from her duties by the Wisconsin Supreme Court after the arrests. The grand jury reviewed the charges that were in the complaint determined that enough probable cause existed to continue the case. So she's facing one kind of obstructing or impeding a proceeding before a department or agency, and another of concealing an individual to prevent his discovery and arrest. If convicted, she could face up to six years in prison, schedule for a court appearance on May fifteenth, could face more disciplinary actions against her license and maybe get a loser license to practice law. She maintains her innocence and expects to be vindicated in court. Well keep your popcorn out on that one as well. Six forty seven to fifty five K see the talk station. Get you car to FORIGN exchange like I did? Yep, I had a big service. You know you get the forty thousand, twenty thousand mile maintenance. Anyway, I was at forty thousand mile maintenance and it was time for a big one which included spark plug changes, all the air filters, included the engine filters, break, fluid flush and change, and an oil change. And that adds up to big bucks. German cars are expensive. What more can I say? I bought one, but I know I saved a lot of money considering what I paid for foreign exchange for all that work being done. If I had taken it to the dealer, my guess is I probably would have had to pay one thousand dollars or more over the Foreign Exchange bill because I've had service done at the dealer before. But don't do that if you can avoid it, because Foreign Exchange charges less. What do you get at Foreign Exchange? You get an ASCU certified Master technician, Factory train certified. They have access to europe manufacturers technical information, even do software updates and programming. And if you get the run around from your dealer under warranty, you take it to Foreign Exchange and see if the dealer's telling you the truth. Because just recently when I was there picking up my car, they told me a story about a dealer hont a dealer specifically, this guy was having problems with his under warranty car and they said, there are no codes, there are no codes thrown. We can't find anything wrong with it when we hook it up. Foreign Exchange has the exact same software the dealers use, and a lo and behold there were a bunch of codes thrown. So he took the print out from Foreign Exchange back to the dealer and guess what it got repaired under warranty. I guess they were trying to avoid that. This is the kind of thing foreign exchange does. But bottom line is your bottom line. So if you have a traditionally manufactured imported car Asia Europe or a Tesla, they'll fix it for less. You'll leave with a full warranty on parts and service and a smile on your face. Five one, three, six, four, four six, twenty six for the Westchester Lowcate Tylers and the Legs at Office seventy five five one three, six, four four twenty six, twenty six online four and X for in the letter X dot com. I listen on the way to work.
Speaker 10: I love talk radio, so I listened to the talk for traffic, listening for local news for every day.
Speaker 8: I listen on my computer at work.
Speaker 5: On air and on the iHeartRadio on I listened on the way home.
Speaker 1: For the news.
Speaker 5: Fifty five KRZ the talk station. What if you had an extra thousand.
Speaker 2: Dollars, expect you two fifty five KRCIT talk station any Very happy Wednesday to you, Jack adad In after the top of the air news get the big picture from Jack having to go at big Pharma lobby today, Jack Will and Donovan and Eil for Americans for Prosperity about protecting private property rights we were from Congress from mass and Judge at Apolitano in the eight o'clock hour, moving on and again a strong, strong, strong recommendation. Fifty five KRC dot com get the link to the Decivilizing of America, which is an op ed I read from Victor David Hanson read it on the program the other day. I was just really moved by it. May feel a little upset about the state of the country, but it is a very revealing article about this sort of this effort to undermine everything that made America really truly great, and the American family is one of those things. And I saw this op ed piece, but just really on something that's going on in Colorado which is rather frightening. The Colorado State legislature considering bill that will change will chill parents speech is the Kelly Loving Act. So if your child gender transitions and you do not affirm their new gender identity, then a judge can consider your non affirmation to be a form of abuse and use it as a justification deny you custody of your child. So dead naming or misgendering your child. This is based upon the child's perception of who they are, not yours and you know. The author of this op ed named Julian Adorning, published and Epic Times, made a really good point about free speech. When it comes to free speech, a good rule of thumb is the more or weighty the matter is, the more essential that we be allowed to discuss it and freely. The higher the stakes to vulnerable lives if we make the wrong decision, the more essential it is that everyone should have freedom to share their perspective. More speech is good. This is something I profoundly believe in. Free speech a powerful vehicle for discovering the truth of a matter because it allows everyone involved to bring their perspective and their knowledge to bear on the question. We don't allow parties to speak freely, we increase the risk of making bad decisions because the blind spots and cognitive biases of people who are allowed to speak do not get confronted. That's one of the reasons why I enjoy being hosted the fifty five Carsy Morning Show. No one can tell me what to say. I have the right to free speech. I like to ponder what some in society deemed the imponderable, Like you can be a girl if you're a guy. No, you can't. And if my child came home and said, you know, hey, I'm a girl. Now, my son Jerry, for example, said I'm a girl. I mean, you know, at his age, he's thirty. Do you think I would pull any punches while he's an adult. I guess he's entitled to make his own decision along those lines, but it wouldn't go unchallenged by dad. But if he's under the age of eighteen, do you think I would bite my tongue and not seek to try to drive him in a different direction? You think I might just keep my mouth shut on the dangers associated with transitional hormones and gender reassignment surgery. What kind of a parent would I be? No, Jerry, you can't sew something on or lop it off and turn it into something it's not. It's not gonna act the same way. It's not gonna be the same thing. Your life will be forever disturbed. Ruling perhaps think about the long term implications here. There's a dozen studies which talk about how this is a bad idea. Look at the European Union. They have all turned their back on this. They've deemed this kind of surgery illegal, unethical, immoral, it's my right as a parent, and as a parent, you have profound rights, guy, the religious education of your child. They're coming for that next. I pretty much assure you of that. But this is this is insane six fifty six fifty five kr se the talk station, not insane. Brilliant Jack Aviden, he always is. He'll demonstrate his brilliance. I am certain coming up after the top of the ur news that we can stick around.
Speaker 16: A full rundown and the biggest ten lines there's minutes away at the top of the hour.
Speaker 5: I'm giving you a fact now the Americans should know. Fifty five krs the talk station. The most important events in any event, the President's trip to the Middle East, he feels and trade fields check in real top fifty five krs the talk station.
Speaker 2: Seven six. If you've got care CD talk station always look forward to Wednesdays for no other reason. Then my next guest, the Big Picture, with our dear friend and intellectual giant, Jack Elen, And welcome back to the program, my friend. I love having you on the show.
Speaker 17: Oh thanks, pal, just finished the morning routine of kissing my wife, brushing my teeth, tuning in to hear you, of course, and taking my mets.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they are miracle drugs.
Speaker 17: I take four heart disease and diabetes, and I bet most of everybody listening is on some medication too. You were just talking last hour about how much the average person almost to pay every mind.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I read the figure the other day and I can't remember which outlet I read it on, and I don't I didn't that verify to go out into the world to find out that it was five hundred and forty bucks incredible a month.
Speaker 17: For miracle drugs. But the real miracle, Brian, is that you and I, as soon as the show is over, could go on a road trip to Canada and buy our American made prescriptions for a small fraction of the price we pay here in America, and the Canadians would even throw in maple syrup. That's what triggered President Trump's new executive order calling for Big Pharma to charge Americans not one cent more from medicine than they charge Canada, with the UK, France, Germany, and Japan, any developed country, although President Trump does support truly poor country is paying less. Democrats, of course, oppose Trump because opposing Trump is all they've got exactly. Although he says, some Dems are not trying to scurry back onto the no longer sinking ship, at least when it comes to drugs. However, some Republicans, including one of our favorites, Senator and doctor Rand Paul, are also grousing about what they call Trump's price controls. They claim he is interfering with free markets. Trouble with that is the farmer free market is not like their neighborhood farmers market. Farmers sell their own fresh tomatoes directly to us. In the big farmer market, there are middlemen and women, and they seem to own a lot of Rand Paul's colleagues. Over the past twenty years, Big Farmer and medical supply companies have contributed would you believe this, folks, more than six billion dollars to us political campaigns for each and every member of the House and Senate. Big Farmer has three Washington lobbyists. And if you think every lawmaker has as much integrity as doctor Paul, consider that when he called for turning door spending recommendations into law, Hall was opposed by twenty six Republican Senators, including his good old Kentucky colleague, Miss McConnell. Opposing Big Pharma is a lot more urgent than continuing to pay for transgender comic books in Peru. That's a real thing, but so is this. Twenty percent of Americans cannot afford their prescriptions, and according to the head of the FDA, doctor Martin McCarey, two thirds of all bankruptcies are now triggered by unpaid medical bills. Big Farmer's lobbying already distwarts the free market far more than Trump's call the equalized prices, so America pays what everybody else pays. As for government interference, remember that the federal government is already a direct customer thanks to Medicare and Medicaid. Washington is Big Farmer's biggest customer. Trump wants to use that bargaining power that leverage to benefit both government and private purchasers by making America a most favored nation country. Other developed countries demand lower prices because they say they have socialized medicine, and they have no wiggle room. They tell Big Pharma take it or leave it. Pharma can afford to discount prices elsewhere because the American lawmakers they had bought let them get.
Speaker 2: Away with murder. Exactly now, Brian.
Speaker 17: I understand that pharmaceutical companies deserve to make a profit, a whopping profit, particularly on new drugs. They have paid a fortune to research and develop drugs that often are on a short patent. But that does not justify, in my opinion, wholesale discrimination against Americans. If Big Pharma feels it's not earning enough, let them go out and raise prices in Canada, Europe and Japan even things out as for R and D research and development. Don't you think, my friend, there will always be an incentive to make a fortune off the next Viagra.
Speaker 2: I was just thinking of Viagra when you were going down that road.
Speaker 17: You think too much about Viagara, Brian.
Speaker 1: You know what I mean.
Speaker 2: They made billions and billions of dollars. You know a lot of guys out of the world. I guessed it is like, ah, the magic cure.
Speaker 17: Yes, I'm not going to discover this because I don't want the Canadians to have to pay give me a break beyond that, and guess the other cavalot they come up with? Government they say, and private foundations won't fund cancer research. They will And when a cure for cancer, Alzheimer's or anything else is finally found Americans should not be overcharged, folks. One of the biggest threats to our health and well being is big pharma, along with big tech, big military contractors, teachers, unions, and all the other special interests in Washington that buy our lawman makers just assure as China bought the bidens. That's the real problem. So what can we do about that long term? Even though it violates strict libertarian principles, I think we must enact campaign finance reform and enforce it. Also outlaw sweetheart deals for retiring lawmakers, the fabled revolving door, and pass other safeguards against corruption. Most important, I support term limits for the House and Senate. Takes away some of your freedom to vote for the same guy ninety times, But I think we have to do it. All of that, however, is going to take time, and none of it may be doable. And that's why this is something we can do. Each and every one of us can lobby our own lawmakers. You don't have to be a multinational corporation to call a politician's office, especially a politician in your own state in district, barrage them with emails, organize something like remember this. Maybe you were part of it, the peaceful Tea Party rallies of two thousand and nine, which worked until the corrupt irs shut them down. And if you still have a representative who refuses to represent your own interests, support twenty twenty six primary challengers, and you've got to start doing that right now. Volunteer and contribute however you can look. Bottom line, we rage against Mexican cartels and China pushing fentanyl, yet our own lawmakers and their paymasters are often the worst drug dealers. Maybe Donald Trump can bring down the cost of weight loss drugs, but it's going to take all of us to put Washington's fat cats on a diet. So what do you say, my now, skinny counselor you look great?
Speaker 6: Oh?
Speaker 2: Thanks man, I appreciate it. It's amazing what cutting sugar and carbs out of your diet can do. But what a concept it is. Yeah, don't need a zampic. I just need to pay closer attention to what's going into my body. You know, I again, you know it's it's kind of funny you mentioned, you know, libertarian principles, and how what your suggestions do run counter to that sort of freedom you know, we do have the choice to elect different people. We choose quite often to return the same people to the elected office. They have name recognition. Very few people show up to vote. I think it is the biggest problem with with that, or more people or we'd have a seior higher rotation or higher you know, participation rate among challengers for example. But it's like the discussion that's coming up with Donald and at the bottom of now or protecting private property rights, you know, the ability of someone to be free to use their home as an airbnb and I think the AFP is supportive of that. And while I do believe in my rights to you know, use my property as I see fit, I also know what neighbors are or what neighborhoods are facing, and the challenges they face is a consequence of that freedom, and how their lives have been interrupted regularly by unruly and disrespectful airbnb renters. So you know these it's difficult to cling to a libertarian philosophy when you realize there are challenges associated with it. So it's kind of with that background, I hear what you're saying, and I want to embrace it, but part of me says no, no, no, that eradicates our freedom. And I get it.
Speaker 17: You know, we rail against judges and Democrats who support judges who say the Constitution is a living document. However, you know, sometimes you do have to, you know, wake up and smell the coffee. That's not part of my morning routine. I just kiss my wife and brush my teeth. But yes, you have to smell the coffee. And the Founders, and I don't mean to make a fetish of the Founders, but they never impose term limits for two reasons.
Speaker 1: I believe.
Speaker 17: One is that everybody who served in government back in those days wanted to get back to his arm or his law practice or business, and they weren't interested in spending all their time in Washington, right and the Founders never expected our government to grow into a behemoth, into a leviathan, which is what it is right now. So you know, we look, we passed a constitutional amendment involving the president. I don't know that we could do it for the lawmakers, but you know what we can do is demand that people who say they're going to run for office will take themselves back home after a limited number of terms. There are people who claim that some of them never actually do it, but you know, we can hold their feet to the fire to voluntarily term limit themselves.
Speaker 2: Well, you know what, you know why the founding fathers didn't have to write in term limits is because being in government was not a vehicle to become a multi millionaire. I mean, you were stuck with a very low salary. You were taken away from what actually made you money. Probably you brought your small farm or whatever you were doing when you got elected. You went there to serve the good of the American people, and it wasn't this lucrative destination. Now it's like, oh my god.
Speaker 17: The other side of the coin, Brian, is you got people who knew how to make a living. They going to Washington so that they could help. Now we've got people like Chuck Schumer who right out of Harvard went into.
Speaker 2: Government exactly exactly and then became a professional politician and ended up making millions and millions of dollars off of it. I mean, look at you. Well, actually, Joe Biden was apparently a financial colossal failure. He fifty years in government and he is now scrambling to try to make a buck because he can't afford his lifestyle. But that's his problem. But you know, you look at Nancy Pelosi, who literally has tens of millions of dollars. She only made one hundred and seventy five K a year or whatever her salary was. How is that possible? Well, back back deals, you know, and heading insider information trading in the stock market based upon information that if you or I traded on, we'd be thrown in jail.
Speaker 17: Yeah, and says I didn't do any trading. It's my husbandly P who was in real estate, not a stock market guru. And yet look at his portfolio, the history of his portfolio.
Speaker 2: It creates an awful video. But I'm sure they engaged in pillow talk, if you know what I mean. You know, oh, honey, by the way, you might want to pick this particular stock, I didn't trade it my husband.
Speaker 17: You know, they get along, which is what they can say for some of these political couples.
Speaker 9: I'm not going to name names.
Speaker 2: Yeah, go ahead, Clinton's, Obama's We'll go down, up and down the light. Jack Elden, always a just a true pleasure to have you on the program. So I appreciate your commentary and are back and forth and of course, making it extra specially coming to work on a wednesdayn when you're gonna be on seven o five every Wednesday. Thanks so much, love your better half, my friend. Go kiss your wife. We'll talk again next week.
Speaker 17: Sometimes she limits me to one.
Speaker 2: Ah, speaking of couples of issues, I know you don't have any love you have a great week. It's seven and nineteen fifty five k ced dog station. USA Insulation is a great product, you know. It's I've been clinging to this notion that you know, you can make money in the market, but sometimes you lose money in the market. You never lose money with USA's premium phone. Every single month. If you're using your HVA system, you're going to save money proper thing to insulate your home. It makes your home more comfortable, but ultimately, your bottom line is the bottom line. And with USA Insallation's premium foam in the exterior walls of an under insulated or uninsulated home is going to make a world of difference. The product pays for itself and it's only ninety nine dollars a month interest free. I mean, consider notching your belt buckle a little bit tighter. Don't go out to dinner one time this month. You've got the cost of the insulation covered and you'll probably make it back with the energy savings. Many people are saving more than the ninety nine dollars a month interest free on their energy bill. The stuff works. It's a return on investment that's guaranteed from the people at USA Insulation. So are you underlated? Do you know we'll call for the free inspection if you know your house doesn't have any insulation built before the mid seventies, you're burning up in the summer fighting that uphill battle. Give them a call, free quote and act. While at last ninety nine bucks a month inter fee, you'll also be ali duble for a twelve hundred dollars energy tax credit next year when you're doing your taxes. Five one three three eight one three six two six five one three three eight one foam online USA Insallation dot.
Speaker 8: Net fifty five KRC.
Speaker 2: You have financial questions. Chanswers are killing tad for the weather forecast, Today's going to be mostly cloudy. You got some storms this afternoon, possible anyway, seventy seven for a high. They're going to roll out by around six pm. According to Channel nine overnight low sixty two with clouds partly Clotte tomorrow as well with a high eighty four, maybe some storms over Thursday night sixty eight for the low and a high of eighty five on Friday with a chance of rain remaining sixty one degrees. Right now, it's time for a traffic update. Chuck Ingram from the UC up tramphics center.
Speaker 11: You See Health has expert trauma care focusing on prevention, treating injuries, and supporting long term recovery and rehabilitation. Learn more at uchelp dot com. I'm seeing some heavier traffic this morning. We's spend two seventy five between Milford and upland into some fog. SAP Pound two seventy five continues slow approaching the Proper Bridge from the Lawrenceburg Ramp sathbound seventy five. It's close to an extra five minutes and an out of Lockland. Chuck Ingram on fifty five KRE seed the talk station.
Speaker 2: Coming up on seven to twenty three. Here fifty five KR see talk station mix it up with Donald and Neil. Americans for Prosperity. In the next segment, protecting private property rights, got a couple of bills that are being considered, or at least a House and Senate bill companion type of thing u HB one oh nine and SB one oh four about private property use. Arbitrary restrictions on short term rentals is what AFP is calling it. And again that kind of I struggle with that one. I've heard some horror stories about neighborhoods that have airbnbs in it renting their houses out and how things can kind of go askew. But then again, if I owned a place like a second home, which I don't think I would ever consider owning, it will be nice to be able to rent it out as a supplement of a supplemental form of income. Anyhow, we'll see what Donald's got to say about that. And as far as Jack goes and the price fixing component that is arguable in Donald Trump's efforts, you know, most favored nation status with pharmaceuticals. Now, think about that. The point he made the point in that European Union countries and socialized medicine countries make the argument to the pharmaceutical companies, no, we can't afford to pay that much for filling the black price for these pharmaceutical products because we have socialized medicine and we only have a finite amount of money, so they're able to use that argument to negotiate a lower payment than what you and I are paying. And it's a complicated mix here in the United States with how pharmaceuticals run, with pharmacy benefit managers stuck in the middle taking heap loads of money and jacking up the prices, and pharmaceutics are more expensive, so we can eliminate those, but that shoulders the burden of profit on the American population. Oh, because we're socialist with medicine, we can't afford to pay that. And the pharmaceutical company agrees to that. I mean, they're on the other side of the table in negotiation. They could say, well, sorry, sucks to be you. I guess you're not going to have it available for your people. You're gonna have to step up to the plate and pay more. And that's I suppose the argument that's going to be made if this sticks, If what Donald Trump has done sticks, let's spread the burden around globally, so you and I in the United States aren't shouldered with the burden of all their profit. Not that I'm against profit, but I think he's absolutely right. Pharmaceutical industry is not going to turn its back on research and development because somewhere out there there is a disease state or a problem out that exists in the sufficient population numbers in the world that's going to drive them for research and development because the next the next thing they're going to do is create a drug that solves the problem that people are going to break down the doors to buy. Which is why I laughed about my egra. See, they'll focus on fixing that problem, but they won't invest millions and billions of dollars into figuring out how to solve pediatric brain cancer. And that's a fact, Jack. That's why I'm fan of the cure starts now, because there's those private dollars being gathered together to try to find a cure for something that impacts the small percentage of the population and is so rapidly developing and causes death so quickly that the pharmaceutical industry won't bother to try to solve the problem. There's not enough profit in it. Coming up on seven twenty six to fifty five kc DE talk Stations Zimmer Heating and Air. You need to call Zimmer for all your HVAC needs. Are wonderful at what they do, which is why they've been around for more than seventy five years. Family own and operated, and they represent the company that vented air conditioning, that's Carrier and Carry makes one heck of a carrier comfort system and it's the perfect time. If your system goes belly up and it can't be repaired, well, why not save a the fifteen hundred and fifty dollars and get yourself one of those new carrier comfort systems from Zimmer Heating and Cooling. They've been making Cincinnati homes safe, efficient, and comfort comfortable again for more than seventy five years. So they're great at customer service and they have all they can service all types of different models of HVAC system and they have maintenance programs to help extend the life of your system. So for repair or replacement, it's Zimmer. Find them online. You can schedule appointment learn more about the company upper right hand corner on the website where you schedule the appointment after hours or regular business hours, Go Zimmer dot com. It's go Zimmer dot com. Tell Chris Zimmer and the team. Brian said, him and you call them up at five one three, five two one ninety eight ninety three. That's five two one ninety eight ninety three fifty five. KRC jen nine has this to say about the weather forecast today. We'll be mostly cloudy made us in afternoon, scattered storms showing up high seventy seven. Those storms, they say, we'll leave the area around six pm tonight, partly cloudian sixty two for the low eighty four to the high tomorrow with partly cloudy skies sixty eight overnight with a slight risk of some storms, and on Friday, chance the rain remains. I have eighty five right now, sixty one degrees In time for traffic update from.
Speaker 11: The UCL Traffic Central U see health hands expert traumacare focusing on prevention, treating injuries, and supporting long term recovery and rehabilitation marn Mooring. You see how dot Com highways continue to build. Stop Pound seventy five add an extra five in and out of Blacklam getting close to that. Northbound seventy five between Buttermilk and Kyles. Southbound two seventy five continues slow thanks to the construction on the bridge and westbound two seventy five heavy out of Milford to Loveland, Chuck Ing Ver Month fifty five KR see the talk station.
Speaker 2: Seven thirty here fifty five KR CD talk station Happy Wednesday. Always look forward to talking to Donovan and Neil for Americans for Prosperity. Donovan, Welcome back to the fifty five KRC Morning Show. It's good to have you on as always, Brian. Always a pleasure to be with you midweek. I'm gonna struggle with this one a little, just a little bit. My libertarian philosophy and principles agrees with you wholeheartedly on your support for House Built one o nine and Center Bill one O four, which you'll explain to my listeners here momentarily. But you know, I live in a neighborhood and I would be really unhappy if one of my neighbors started renting out their home on a regular basis to as an airbnb to guests coming in and out and flowing in and out. I know some neighborhoods have had problems. The guests quite often can be disrespectful. Maybe they're on vacation, they're in a party atmosphere. So on a Tuesday night at midnight they're out in the backyard drinking beer with music going on, that kind of thing, And some neighborhoods say, you know, no, that's not what we are looking for in our neighborhood. So you got your neighborhood collectives sitting down and creating rules. You've got a homeowners association, and so they try to ban these things from happening. But that limits the freedom of a property owner to see to do what with their property what they see fit. So I'm kind of struggling with the balance of these things. What specifically does House built one O nine and center built on one of four propose for the entire state of Ohio in terms of this this this short term rental market.
Speaker 16: Donovan, Yeah, yeah, absolutely, And the concerns you share to Brian are what a lot of folks, legislators, folks around Cap Square here frequently get it. What this legislation would do though, is well, we'll be back up. One thing the state does well when we talk about regulations and red takes. I've been on your show and we talk about that a lot. Yeah, we talk about regulations. One thing the state of Ohio where states in general can do well and where their proper role in serving regulations exist is creating a clear concise framework for how an industry can operate. And so when we look at the short term rental industry, one of the things that the state has failed to do in recent years is airbnbs or verbos have emerged, is create a clear framework that these can exist within. And so what you've ended up with is where we are today, where you have a patchwork quilt of different rules and regulations depending on the city, community or locality, with different fees, different zoning requirements. And so when an individual wants to exert their very simple constitutional right of using their property as they wish, in this case renting it out through a platform like Airbnb, this legislation would make it clear that in the state of Ohio you can do that, and here are the handful of rules and requirements that have to be put into place in order to do that, while protecting individual property owners from local governments political subdivisions that might say, hey, we're going to create an exorbitant fee. We may not be able to band it out right going and create an exorbitant fee.
Speaker 5: Centegle one oh nine.
Speaker 16: This legislation from Sander Brenner would keep local political subdivisions from being able to do that. When it comes to the concerns around new sense or noise. Right, But what we point to is those laws already exist on the books, and creating new exorbitant fees or red tape or more regulations or outright telling an individual what they can and can't do with their own property, we think folks need to enforce those existing laws that already are on the books to address when those situations arise.
Speaker 2: Well, you know, I guess someone's out there making any argument. Well, you know, it's like we always we favor local government because one size doesn't fit all. I hate to being told what to do by people in d C who have no connection with my local community. City Council's City of Cincinnati impose the Connected Communities these zoning rules on all of the neighborhoods in the City of Cincinnati, and in spite of the fact that some of those neighborhoods didn't want it, some did. They imposed their will on Hyde Park in terms of zoning by allowing a variance from the Connected Communities program. In spite of the fact that the will of the citizen there was to say no to the So you know, local control is I think favored by most people, and so that your township is different from the other township. If you don't like it, maybe vote those towns trustees out of office and put it in a new batch of trustees. Or if your neighborhood homeowners association, you know, reflects the will of the neighborhood, at least it's supposed to, that's what the neighborhood wants. So I struggle with that, just you know, conceptually, what is the extent or to what degree does house built one of nine centerple want to four control that kind of thing. So let's let's talk about, you know, the specifics of it, the general terms and conditions that are going to be in place in Ohio. The's pass. We'll bring Donovan O'Neil for Americans for Prosperity back to talk about that. After I mentioned the Chimneycare fireplace is stove. You got a Woodmarning fireplace, take advantage of the spring special going on right now for only one hundred and sixty nine dollars and ninety nine cents plus tax. Of course, the Chimneycare fireplaces still will come out thoroughly inspector your chimney to do a video camera inspection. You got a certified chimney sweep that'll sweep it. Everything will be safe and ready for you to hit the ground running when the cold temperatures come back. It's a great thing to do. You don't want a chimney fire, and that's what happens when you had a kreosop build up from the wood burners. So if you have a stove or a fireplace that's woodburning, it's a great time to get it taken care of when you're not using it. Of course, everyone can benefit from a free exterior evaluation. Got a chimney, have it evaluated. They'll come out to your place for free and make sure you don't have any water damage issues going on which you could be experiencing right now and not even know about it. Of course, that comes included with woodburning sweep and evaluation, but for non woodburners you still could have problems. Take advantage. It's free, schedule the appointment a plus. The BBB locally owned and operated since nineteen eighty eight. The number is five one three two four eight ninety six hundred five one three two four eight ninety six hundred online you'll find at chimneycareco dot Com.
Speaker 18: Fifty five KRC. Jen Nin says this not the weather potty sky today. For the most part. Scattered storms are possible this afternoon. They'll be out of the area by six pm.
Speaker 2: According to Channel nine, seventy seven is going to be our high today with an overnight litt of sixty two partly thought EA skys tomorrow eighty four for the high, down to sixty eight overnight with the risk of storm and on Friday still a chance rain. I have eighty five sixty one right now. Traffic time from the UCLP Tramphic Center.
Speaker 11: You see Health hands Expert traumacare focusing on prevention, treating injuries, and supporting long term recovery and rehabilitation. Learn more at you see health dot com. North Bend seventy five, break lights out of Burrow Linger and do the cut and slow out of Saint Bernard Joe. An accident in town Street that's on the right hand side southbound seventy five. Slows through Lachland southbound seventy one slow fields rtle the Fifer schuck Ingram on fifty five KRC.
Speaker 1: The talk station.
Speaker 2: At seven thirty nine fifty five KRCD Talk station. Happy Wednesday to you, right Thomas with Americans for Prosperities don On Ando going through the uh oh, the pros and cons of that. Pardon me, Donovan and my listening audience. House Bill one on nine cent four designed to limit the ability well to free up more like the ability to provide you with the opportunity of short term rental Airbnb kind of concept now and I get your argument. So moving aside in a way from the whys and the whreforce whether local is better than a whole one size fits all approach for the state of Ohio. To what extent do these bills control short term rentals? What are the specifics on it, and how much flexibility do they continue to allow for local communities to control some aspect of short term rentals.
Speaker 16: Yeah, what it would do is it would prohit what would preempt local governments from outright prohibiting short term rentals. Folks would be able to hear in the state of Ohio go on a platform like Airbnb or Verbo and list their property or a room within their property for guests who want to visit and have that local experience. It would it would preempt folks. One of the ways local governments have done this in other states have created a lottery system, so it says only a certain number of people each year can list their property.
Speaker 5: It would say, no.
Speaker 16: You can't, you can't come over the creative lottery mechanism to prohibit these. You can't use zoning laws, you can't restrict the number of units. One of the things we find, and you look at some of the testimony, dozens of pieces of testimony, there are few folks in there who talk about how they've taken a few different dilapidated properties, they've invested in them and built their own small local business right providing short term rentals in communities around Ohio. And so say you can't, you can't limit the amount of you know, properties that someone can have in that way, and also cap the licensing fee to catch and what I think makes sense for local, local and state government here is one of the problems that exists is it's not clear who's responsible for collecting the taxes on these right, and so what it would require is that if they're going to at the state sort of the bargain here, I think if you will is that the state's going to create this clear regulatory framework that these short term rentals can exist. The responsibility is going to be on the platform to make sure they collect the taxes that the state has for lodging, right. And so what this will do is it will help while creating a clear and concise framework, it will also help generate revenue where right now, because of the patchwork nature of this industry in the state of Ohio, it's unclear who's responsible and oftentimes those tax revenues go uncollected. So this will help not creating new taxes, right Brian, but just saying, hey, the Airbnb and verbos of the world have to collect those taxes when they book these properties on.
Speaker 2: Behalf of the hosts, Okay.
Speaker 16: And so it helps generate tax revenue while also creating a standard across.
Speaker 2: The state of Ohio for this industry to exist. All right, So it would be an analogous to Amazon collecting whatever local tax applies when you make a purchase.
Speaker 1: That's a great way to look at it, absolutely.
Speaker 2: Okay, Yeah, I can understand that because the taxes are there, it's a law that you have to pay them. Quite often people don't do it, you know, But isn't it also it's income to the home owner when they get rental from an Airbnb, so that is also income tax that they would have to report, Yes, and.
Speaker 16: That I think we continue to remain on the homeowner and however they're set up and operating, and their relationship with their state, local, and federal tax tax agent.
Speaker 2: So are there any restrictions that there would be allowed here? I mean it sounds to me like it would be unlimited in nature here. So anybody who owns property could go to Airbnb and put their house on there and rented, period, end of story.
Speaker 16: Well, and that's the idea, right. This is something that exists long before even the finding of our country, right, Brian is folks, before you had the Marriotts and the holiday ends and the Hiatts of the world, people would create INDs, right, or they would provide portions of their housing to travelers. And what we're finding right is, rather than having you know, folks just listening on a Craigslist or somebody knowing somebody like you would in the olden days, you have a safe platform like Airbnb where folks can go and there are rules to be a host and to be a renter on that platform, right, and then individuals know that when there, when they're doing that transaction, they're protected and part of that Airbnb network. And so I think where our opponents come down on this in a lot of ways is they just don't like what people do in their own backyard.
Speaker 15: Right.
Speaker 2: It's a nimbia as a argument, But at the end of.
Speaker 16: The day, you know, if you invest in a property and you're you've taken it from being a dilapidated property in a very nice you know what used to be a really nice part of town, and you're trying to bring that make it up and coming, that's where these airbnbs often occur. They invest in there, how this property, and they want to use that property to get some return on that investment by listing on an Airbnb.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I hear all that, and I understand that. But you know, it's like when you buy any given neighborhood, if there exists a homeowners association, you're going in eyes wide open, and to own a home there. You are part of the homeowners association, You're obligated to pay a homeland's association fee, and you're subject to whatever rules the Homeowners Association has in place much in the same way. If you buy in any given neighborhood, you are subject to zoning restrictions, and there may be restrictions on the type of architectural style you can have, like in the City of Cincinnati. Apparently from going forward basis so, I mean, I just I wonder where the line is, where's that? Where is that where we approve of these type of restrictions whatever they may be in some areas, but we don't in others.
Speaker 16: Yeah, I'm not sure that's a good question on the Homeowners Association. I'll have to check with Senator Brenner on that and get back to you around that if you don't want to follow up there, because I think so, I'm not sure how it deals with some of those I know, the largest concern that comes from folks, right is noise safety and nuisance concerns. Those right, It does not preempt those, right. So if you've got someone out there at midnight blast in music or jumping off of the second floor like it's a National Lampoon's movie, right for not that that's still illegal. That's still something that you know, right, the local municipality can can oversee you.
Speaker 2: Right, But I think the neighborhood, you usually don't have that going on your neighborhood because if you're living there, you're not likely to engage in that kind of activity because you're in the pissing off your neighbors and you make a bad neighbor and then you're that guy. So this sort of relationship effect, and I know someone out there is going, yeah, well you should hear my neighbor. We deal with them all the time, and I know there's always people like that and you can call the cops on them, but there's a certain element of that sort of the neighborhood feel, the fact that you're always going to be living next to that person, so you're not likely to engage in that kind of activity. That's not the case with renters. They don't care who lives next door. I'm here, I'm paying for it, I'm going to do whatever the hell I want. So it just increases the likelihood that that that happening.
Speaker 16: Sure, sure, well, I think that's I mean, I think that's a risk that comes with this. But I think the larger argument of defending defending somebody's ability to have their property and do what they wish with their property outweighs that potential. Albeit I'm sure everyone has a story where they could point to. At the end of the day, though, we have the right to life liberty and property right, life, liberty and pursuit of happiness. And that's what this legislation does, is it defends that right for you or I are one of our neighbors to rent our property out and do so in a safe, regulated environment where we can have the confidence of being able to do that and not being preempted by a local city council member who just doesn't like this industry fair enough.
Speaker 2: It just it raises some interesting, you know, worthy of exchange topics. Normally you and I are on exactly the same page. I'm just throwing out these U this sort of against my natural inclination to be completely on board with you. Just the practical realities of having a neighbor that is constantly renting their house out to strangers every single day, and I know that poses some some challenges for folks along my my my lines which really do believe in my right to do with my property what I what I believe to do, what I'm entitled to do. House Bill one oh nine sent up Bill one oh four. You can feel free to get in touch with your elected official to get it out of committee and get it up for a vote.
Speaker 16: Uh.
Speaker 2: Is there a website you want to refer our listeners to Donovan? There always is. People can get engaged by going to Buckeye Blueprint. There you are, fuck ibblueprint dot com. Donovan love the conversation as always, keep up the great work in Americans, Americans for Prosperity and folks get hooked up with Buckeye Blueprint dot com. We'll talk again soon. Donovan. Great to have you back on fifty five k see de talk station. The only guy I would ever call, the only team I would ever call. If I want to buy or sell a house, need a real estate agent, buyer's agent, seller's agent. Shabri Group, Keller Williams Seven Hills, Peter Shabree and his team number one real estate group in the city in Greater CINCINNTI area. Their mission is to provide you with a five star experience and they will. I am certain that they will deliver on that five star experience instant offer. Don't want to show the house, Call a Sabree Group, but then forty eight hours of them Senior home, you will have a cash offer from the Sabri Group. Don't have to paint the walls, don't have to even mow the lot. Just get out of town. It's easy to do. You can close within three weeks. Love it or leave it. You're a buyer's agent. They find you a home and you find out within the first year you made a big mistake. I hate this place, or for whatever reason you don't like it, you want to move again, We'll sell it for free. That's a love it lead to guarantee. They can help you make a cash offer the cash to Keys program that'll help you win in a bidding situation, maybe even with better terms with a cash offer. Sellers love cash offer and then yay for Peter Scherbrie Kellowiams, seven Hills, and the team. The Patriot Home program developed by veterans to help patriots buy and sell their homes. Ten percent of the commission goes right back to you as a rebated closing. If you're a veteran work for the VA Police fire Ems. Salute to them for doing that. One seven zero eight three thousand dot Com seven zero eight three thousand dot com. The number of course is five one, three, seven zero eight three.
Speaker 8: Thousand, fifty five KRC.
Speaker 6: This is Jeff for Tri State Men's Health.
Speaker 5: We're ourrectile.
Speaker 2: Excuse me as a Chenna nine first one and one to forecasts flotty day for the most part, scattered afternoon storms are possible showers and storms seventy seven for the high. They're rerolling out around six pm, leaving the area of those storms over low sixty two partly Friday tomorrow with a high of eighty four. It'll be a slight risk of severe storms overnight Thursday with a lull of sixty eight and a chance to rain on Friday with a high of eighty five sixty one. Now, let's get an up date on traffick to Chuck Ingram.
Speaker 1: From the UCF Traffic Center.
Speaker 11: You see how TIS expert in traumacare focusing on prevention, treating injuries, and supporting long term recovery and rehabilitation.
Speaker 1: Learn more at you'd see how dot com seth.
Speaker 11: Bend seventy five breakwines between Cincinnati Dayton and Union Center and then again through Blachmann northbound seventy five heavy first from Donaldson into downtown, then again between Mitchell and an accident near Town Street right side Chuck Ingramont fifty five kre seed the talk station.
Speaker 2: Seven fifty three fifty five ker CD talk station. Very Happy Wednesday to got Jay ratlift tomorrow. Always look for to Heaven our iHeartMedia Aviation expert on the program, closing out the show on almost always a positive note, except for work airport. Coming up at the top of the our news, Congressman Thomas Massey returns love talking to the Congressman, Let's talk about reconciliation. Out of control spending and that is the biggest problem in what's going on up there right now. I see there's some great elements within this reconciliation bill, some things that you and I would really embrace, like, for example, the hysteria that's coming from the left on cuts to Medicaid. I mean simply requiring a grown adult, a non disabled grown human being, maybe someone in their thirties who is on public assistance in the form of medicaid when they can work. Able bodied Americans in the prime of their work life are not working, and it's a terrible thing to say no. You must at least endeavor to work. You must at least commit twenty hours a week for community service if you don't bother getting job training. I mean, there's so many opportunities out there, and I pointed out earlier in the program, I mean the trades. A week doesn't go by when they're in an article about how many people are needed in the trades, and there are work while you learn opportunities out there. So rather being hooked up to the biblical court of government having me and the rest of the American taxpayer pay for your medical bills, why not participate Plumbers, electricians, at construction work, welders. I mean, there's a number of trades out there that there are career career opportunities, not just jobs, not minimum wage, but careers. There are some junior high school students I saw this Wall Street Journal article out there in the trades. What they do is they like they're in shop class. There are recruiters that come into high schools now and get these kids hooked up with their company and hire them right out of high school. There's a whole bunch of kids coming right out of high school starting out at seventy eighty thousand dollars a year. What is wrong with requiring someone to step up to the plate and say no, you at least gotta try. There's nothing wrong with you. It's not like we're you know, we got ten to fifteen percent unemployment out there. There aren't any jobs available and you think the world was coming to an end with That's just one component of the reconciliation process. But oh, there were protesters up in the Capitol the other day. That was hilarious. Wall Street General reported dozens of protesters, many in wheelchairs. The folks in wheelchairs aren't in a position where they're gonna lose their opera, their their medicaid, and talking about able bodied adults with the work requirement. We'll hear from Congress Fomassi on that, a whole bunch of other topics, and then Judge Editor Politano on the rumblings behind the scenes about the administration maybe suspending the rid of habeas corpus. That'll be after the news. I hope you can stick around us.
Speaker 5: Happens fast, stay up to date at the top of the hour. Not gonna be complicated, It's gonna go very fast. Fifty five KRZ the talk station.
Speaker 1: This report.
Speaker 5: Donald's crashing the economy. We're what happens next? Watch what happens will happen right here on fifty five KRC, the talk station.
Speaker 2: It's eight oh five five kr CD Talk Station. Happy Wednesday, Extra Special Wednesday the Hour Power Here with my next guest, Congress from Massi follow by Judge Ennena Paulatana. Welcome back, Congress from Massi. And thank you to the voters and the Commonwealth of Kentucky for electing you over and over again. It's always good talking with you.
Speaker 15: Well, it's great talking with you. It's a little gloomy here at the Capitol today. I'm in DC and we're getting ready to do the work of the people.
Speaker 6: Although I'm not sure it's going to be good work.
Speaker 2: Well, I have been calling it, and you can feel free to disagree with me. Our spending problem as an existential threat to our existence as a country. The way we rack up money and spend money, we are digging ourselves into a hole that we can never climb out of. The debt service on the national debts already a trillion dollars annually that is going to continue to erode the ability of government to fund and spend on literally everything else. Each and every year it gets worse and worse. But we're on a trajectory to continue that downward slide. What is with I mean, Republicans have control here, and all I keep reading about is well moderate Republicans, Republicans in questionable jurisdicity. They're worried about getting re elected, so they're afraid to cut this or that. Are they're afraid to get rid of the Green New Deal program because it's in their in the backyard. Hey man, isn't it time to rip the band aid off and quit worrying about your funny, blowny job and do what's right for the future of America.
Speaker 15: Congressman Massy, it is time to rip the band aid off. Look, there's no bright line between freedom and socialism. It's kind of a fuzzy line, okay, And I think you measure it in terms of how much does your federal government? How much are your GDP does your federal government spend every year? If your government's taking away, you know, thirty percent the federal government, I'm.
Speaker 6: Not even talking about state and local.
Speaker 15: If the federal government's taking away thirty percent of your money and reallocating that, we consider that socialism. That's about where most of the European countries have been for several decades, and we've been at about twenty percent of GDP. That's been our federal spending. But what happened during COVID is we popped up to thirty percent for a couple of years, one year under Trump and one year under Biden.
Speaker 6: I mean, these are.
Speaker 15: Socialist levels of federal spending. And the problem is it sort of stretched the balloon during COVID and it never went back to its original size. For three or four years, we've been at twenty three percent of GDP is our federal spending. So you said, you know, use the word slipping slowly in decline or whatever. I think we are slipping into socialism because our level of spending, the amount of money we take from people and reallocate to other people and businesses is twenty three percent at the.
Speaker 6: Federal level alone.
Speaker 15: When you roll in state and local, you're getting up close to forty percent depending on what state you live in, Which gets me to another point. In this big beautiful bill here. You know, normally I would say, look, if they put a bill in front of me that cuts taxes, I'm going to vote for that. Because and then hopefully we'll get a bill that cuts spending later on. And that's been sort of myom for the first decade in Congress. The problem is they never give you the bill that cuts spending. We're not voting on Doge, the Recisions Package. We were supposed to vote on that, and they quietly canceled all those votes. And so what I'm facing right now is this big, beautiful bill up here.
Speaker 6: It's got tax cuts.
Speaker 15: It's a grab bag of goodies for everybody, particularly the blue state Republicans that you just talked about that are crying about their next election. They want their deduction for their house, the taxes on their houses to go from ten thousand dollars to thirty thousand dollars. If you yeah, the state and local tax. If you heard the word salt, that's an acronym for state and local tax. Can you deduct it from your federal taxes? Well you you can right now up to ten thousand dollars. But you know there's some big houses in New York where the property taxes in California where you know, they're literally robbing them blind. In New York and California, they wanted local taxes to be so high. So the Republicans there are saying, well, we shouldn't have to pay as much federal tax as the people in Kentucky or Ohio since we got such a big local tax.
Speaker 2: Well that's their fault.
Speaker 6: It is their fault.
Speaker 15: And my question is why should somebody in Kentucky pay a bigger portion of their income for the national defense to fund the national defense than somebody in New York does. Just because the governor or the local officials in New York are taxing the crap out of you or California, you shouldn't pay different.
Speaker 6: We should all be paying for the national defense.
Speaker 15: You shouldn't get out of that obligation because you live in a high tax blue state. But you've got Republicans up here arguing that they should get that deduction that's been put in this big, beautiful bill.
Speaker 6: So there's a grab bag of goodies in here. There's tax cuts for everybody.
Speaker 15: Normally, I'm for any tax cut that we can get. The problem is there's only one mechanism that's left to us now that they're not doing the recisions, the only other mechanism to cut spending.
Speaker 6: With only fifty one votes, in the Senate is the big beautiful bill.
Speaker 15: It's called Reconciliation Bill. And they're not cutting spending. They are increasing spending. Now, is it things I would spend money on? Yeah, the military, the wall, there's some you a dome, they're saying, a golden dome for the United States. My question is why don't we have that already. We've been funding it overseas. Not things. These aren't things that I'm against. The problem is you cannot increase spending and cut taxes without affecting our bond rating on the debt we already have. So not only are they going to bring in new debt. That's and this big beautiful bill adds three trillion dollars of new debt to what was already going to be fifty trillion dollars of debt ten years from now, will be at fifty two to fifty three trillion ten years from now. If this bill passes, where we cut taxes and increased spending, but not only does it do that, it's going to send a signal to the bond markets and sovereign wealth funds from other countries that we're not serious about attacking our school issues or addressing them, and they're going to say, you know what, four percent, five percent, that's not enough. We're going to need six percent if we're going to buy your debt. So you're going to take the legacy debt we have. And as you so aptly you know, estimated a trillion dollars of interest in the last year payments, that's going to go to one and a half trillion or something pretty soon.
Speaker 2: Well, and at some point you know that it's going to result in the collapse of the THEA currency because we're gonna get to the point where we can't afford to pay that that service. I mean correct, That's the trajectory we are on right now. It's like they're fiddling while Rome is burning. It's like, well, screw it, it's on fire. There's nothing we can do. We ma as well have a party and go on to spending spree.
Speaker 6: And here's another thing.
Speaker 15: People say, oh, I agree with Massia on everything except some of his foreign policy, and he should be voting on these sanctions and he doesn't vote for sanctions.
Speaker 6: Guess what, folks, those sanctions are.
Speaker 15: Every time we tell another country that you can't trade in US dollars, we're actually.
Speaker 6: Damaging quite a.
Speaker 15: Quite a nice little scam the US government's got, which is when we print money, as long as Iran and Russia are using US dollars, they have to hold US dollars and we dilute them with inflation. Now, when we tell them you can't use US dollars to transact in a global economy, we are basic taking ourselves further and further away from being the standard, the worldwide standard for currencies. And then we don't get to do this trick where we print money every year to pay our debt service that they bought, okay, and and dilute their holdings because they're no longer holding US dollars. So that's the other thing that's coming up, Brian, is not not only will they say we don't want to buy your debt and then the price.
Speaker 6: Will go up because there'll be fewer bidders for our debt.
Speaker 15: They're they're going to say, we're, well, you didn't let us hold us dollars. We're going to go to bricks or one of these other, you know, international standards for currency, and we don't need the dollar, and then quit holding dollars. We can't dilute their holdings and we and you know, print our way out of this problem.
Speaker 6: Not that not that I'm saying that's a good thing.
Speaker 15: I'm just explaining how it works right now and why it hasn't collapsed already.
Speaker 2: Right well, I mean this is something that every politician elected official, I think probably understands to some degree, although we do have some moreroons in Congress who think, you know, Guam can capsize. But that's what bothers me so much about. You know, Okay, everybody needs to cut but me in my state, and you know, I have corn farmers. Therefore, I want the ethanol subs that to remain in place, which is burning food in our engines, which is just dumb. I mean, we don't need to burn ethanol in our cars. It's not environmentally correct. All the pollutants that go out into the world because of the farming industry generally speaking, I think probably negate any plausible benefit. But we have petroleum that we can refine into gasoline. This isn't like we need a substitute for gasoline because we've run out of petroleum. It's just an outright subsidy of the farmers and it's forcing on us something we probably wouldn't embrace if we had free market choices. But there they are in Republican states demanding the ethanol subsidy remain.
Speaker 15: When you dedicate hundreds of thousands of acres in your state to growing corn for ethanol, you were raising the least price of that land that somebody would use to grow some other kind of food, or diverting corn that would go into the food supply into some other thing, and you're raising the price of it.
Speaker 6: That's why farmers like ethanol. It raises the price of corn.
Speaker 15: The problem is it's not a natural market demand for that. There's a certain amount of ethanol that you can put into gas lane to improve the nock grating, but once you get past a certain amount.
Speaker 6: And oh, by the way, it reduces your gas mode, it does.
Speaker 15: It burns out your rubber diaphragms and your chainsaw carbon.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you can't use it as those small engine like for a two cycle for example.
Speaker 15: Yeah, what if the cost of all that was known ethotol would be an even worse deal.
Speaker 6: But we shouldn't be subsidizing. And you're right.
Speaker 15: I was going to protest earlier when you said you got these blue state Republicans who want this or that. You got some red state Republicans you do want those ethanol subsidies. And they're from Iowa and Wisconsin and Minnesota. I mean, they're my colleagues, and they get very squeaky when somebody tes to take those ethanol subsidies away in this But we should, Yeah, we should repeal all the all the energy subsidies go back to free market.
Speaker 6: The thing, you know, the thing that Trump is doing that it's.
Speaker 15: Really helping the economy, is to reduce regulations and let the free market, you know, provide for our energy needs.
Speaker 2: Well, let the free market. And you know that's another reason all of the the Green New Deal programs should be repealed. Any subsidies going to a battery farm, wind farm, solar panel farm, whatever it happens to be, should be repealed, period, end of story. They're not in the market demand. If if if the market demanded them, there would be business and industry out there willing to create and build them because people want them. This is something that's been foisted on us.
Speaker 15: I've had two groups of lobbyists and they represent people in Kentucky, which is why I let them in my office. Okay, two different companies who because of Biden's and AOC's Green New Deal when they got it codified into the Inflation Reduction Act, which is irony and ironic.
Speaker 6: It didn't reduce inflation.
Speaker 15: But because they said we're going to subsidize these battery plants, people made business decisions to expand in Ohio and Kentucky and Indiana. And so I've got people from Kentucky, two different companies. I'm not going to call them out who come to my office and say, you know, we want to see those battery subsidies remain. We made business decisions, and my thought is you should make business decisions based on things that make financial sense, not because of some government subsidies. And this is the risk you run when you think Joe Biden's going to get a second term, so you double down on the on the nonsense.
Speaker 5: Oh look, you made a few business decisions. Sucks to be you.
Speaker 2: Let's pause, we'll bring Congress some MESSI back a couple other topics. It's eight eighteen fifty five kr C DE talk station, prestige interiors. You need to talk with if you want a kitchen remodeled. Uh christ e'gan tier does a wonderful job. Because John Ryan is pressed egonteriers, He'll be sitting down with you at the table from initial design all the way through final installation. Your true partner in kitchen remodeling project does great work. I know that because he redid our kitchen and so many more over his thirty five plus years of doing almost exclusively kitchens. You'll enjoy working with me. He's a really nice guy, a plus with the better business. Farewell deserve that find him online. Go to Prestige one two three dot com. That's Prestige one two three dot com to check out some of the work he's done to learn more about what he can do for you. The number to reach him five one three two four seven zero two two nine five one three two four seven zero two two nine.
Speaker 10: This is fifty five KRC and iHeartRadio station.
Speaker 5: At Donovan's quick Weather.
Speaker 2: Forecast from Channel nine. Clouds, scattered app moon storms and seventy seven overnight, just cloudy, sixty two for the low, cloudy tomorrow, partly eighty four for the high. Maybe some rain or storms overnight Thursday, with a low of sixty eight and a high at eighty five on Friday, with another chance at rain sixty three Now Traffic time.
Speaker 11: From the UCLF Traffic Center and u SEE Health has expert traumacare focusing on prevention, treating injuries, and supporting long term recovery and rehabilitation.
Speaker 1: Learn more at you see how dot com.
Speaker 11: South Bend seventy one continues slow field zurdle off and on the Red Bank northbound seventy five heavy from Turfoay into town, then slow again above seventy four to one accident in Town Street Chuck Ingram on Hunt fifty five KR.
Speaker 2: See the talk station A twenty one about KRC City talk station. By time was the Congressman Thomas Massy going over the reconciliation Processor. Congress Massy, I guess I got to ask you the direct question, so I know the House can can cannot afford to lose many people to a no vote on this. It's going to get shot down flames given the margins, and I guess Speaker Johnson is against it. He came out with an op ed open letter to the public about why he's not in favor because it doesn't cut enough. And I agree with him on that.
Speaker 6: Are you a no, I'm not Speaker Ron Johnson, Ron.
Speaker 2: Senator Ron j Senator, Senator Johnson. I apologize for that, but easy mistake to make.
Speaker 6: But Speaker Johnson's all in on the on this thing.
Speaker 15: Okay, Yeah, it's Ron Johnson, the Senator, and they don't, like you said, they don't have much margin over there. I don't think Rand Paul's going to vote for it because it also increases that.
Speaker 6: Limit by four trillion dollars.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so where are you on it? I'm a no right now. That's kind of the way I figured, but I had to ask the question directly, so the tentative No.
Speaker 15: There were we voted on two things already. That first vote was a framework, a budget framework. It wasn't this bill. It just set up the conditions for this bill. And there were no guarantees that was going to reduce the deficit. So I was the only Republican no. And I said that the Freedom Caucus got half pregnant because they all voted for that framework, saying it's going to get better and denying that they were pregnant when they voted for that thing. Then the Senate sent over a framework that was even worse. Now they were told it would get better, but it got worse in the Senate, as things usually do, and they said, Okay, we'll vote for it this time, but we really mean it this time.
Speaker 6: This thing better reduced the deficit.
Speaker 15: So they got three quarters pregnant when they voted for the second framework, and it was myself and Victoria Sparts were the only nos on that. And now this is here. The chickens are coming home to roost. This is the final bill. And I think you've got conservatives who are really torn. I think they're fully pregnant at this point. I think they're going to have to vote for this because they're worried about the president and other things. They don't want to go to their voters and say this is irresponsible. Because here's the thing, Brian, this has new money for a wall. Do you want to go back home and have somebody run against you and say.
Speaker 6: He voted against the big, beautiful bill. They have money for the wall.
Speaker 2: But as Donald Trump's demonstrated, we don't need any more wall to stop the influx of humanity from coming across the border. He flipped the switch and it's stopped.
Speaker 6: And I know I'm not I'm not going to weigh in on that. I mean, but it's done a great job.
Speaker 2: But it's a mere fraction of what's in this bill in terms of correct It doesn't.
Speaker 6: In the teav ads.
Speaker 15: That's right, but you don't get to you don't get to defend the there's going to be tv ads.
Speaker 6: And so I know what they're going through. I've been through it before.
Speaker 15: Look, every bill you vote against, every omnibus bill you vote against, probably has a pay raise for soldiers in it. And so they run ads back home saying you voted against the pay raise for soldiers. They don't tell you the rest of the bill is bankrupting the country and that you would have gladly given a pay raise to soldiers if it had been a separate vote or you know, on a separate bill. And so there's so much stuff in this big, beautiful bill that I think people are good, stuff that people are afraid and if they vote against it because it's fiscally irresponsible. I mean, this is the most fiscally irresponsible thing you can do, Brian. It is to increase spending by hundreds of billions of dollars and cut taxes by trillions of dollars over the next ten years.
Speaker 6: It is not fiscally responsible.
Speaker 2: Well, that's why I say, rip the band aid off and suck it up. If they run against you on these little tiny fractions of part of the bill and they're successful at it, fine, they're successful at it. But the meantime, you did the right thing on behalf of the American people and save the country from itself, which is a bunch of politicians who are worried about having a single issue add impacting the potential for them to get re elected. I mean, it's the writing on the walls there.
Speaker 6: But here's my take. Voters are adults.
Speaker 15: I think if you have an adult conversation with your voters and explain all of your votes like I try to do, and tell people what's really in these bills, that they will send you back to Congress because you've developed a level of trust.
Speaker 6: And that is what I am trying to do here.
Speaker 15: I'm on your show explaining why this is this is irresponsible a force to vote on. And I'll take a lot of heat for being no. I'll take a lot of heat from all sides, but I can't in good conscience drive this country off a fiscal ledge into the ravine.
Speaker 2: There you go and that's why you keep getting re elected. Congress and Thomas MESSI you speaking truth to power right there here on the fifty five Casey Morning Show. Congresson MESSI always enjoy having you on, appreciate your willingness to be open and honest with your constituents, and my listening audience and the vast majority of which really truly appreciates what you're doing. So keep up the great work, my friend. I'll look forward, as I always do, to having you back on the program real soon.
Speaker 6: Thanks brother Tail To Judge, I said, Hi.
Speaker 2: I'll do it, sir, I will do it. Take care. It's eight twenty six fifty five cares to you talk station. Get your car to for in exchange. I take the Westchester location because that's where I get asked certified master technicians working on my car and fixing my car for a lot less money, which is just exactly what I experienced just the other day at a forty thousand mile maintenance spark plug change, break, fluid change, oil change, filters, everything, And I'm really estimating that I can confidently state I probably saved more than a thousand dollars over what the dealer would have charged me. For the exact same service, and I got a full war and term parts in service, and I got treated like a friend. There's such nice people there, and it's not just me because they do commercials for him, but they treat everybody really well. Foreign Exchange great customer service. So take the Towlers or the Legs. It off of seventy five head East two Street, Tanger right on Kinglin. You will run right into the shop. Tell them I said hi. When you give them a call to schedule the appointment. They are great at what they do. Save heap loads of money on your automobile repairs, whether it's a traditional European or Asian import or a Tesla five one three six four four twenty six twenty six five on three six four four twenty six twenty six online foreign X four in the letter.
Speaker 8: X dot com fifty five KRC.
Speaker 5: When the power goes out, Johanna.
Speaker 2: And I first. One of one of forecasts tells us today be mostly cloudy with scattered storms possible later this afternoon. They should be leaving the area around sixtym though seventy seven on high today. It's going to be dry over night, down to sixty two partly cloudy tomorrow with a high of eighty four. Thursday night, some storms are possible low of sixty eight and a high of eighty five on Friday, with another chance of rain sixty two degrees. Right now, let's hear from hereabout traffic conditions from Chuck Ingram Chuck.
Speaker 11: From the UC Health Traumfhics Center u See Health Heyos expert traumacare focusing on prevention, treating injuries, and supporting long term recovery and rehabilitation.
Speaker 1: Learn Mark at ucehelp dot com.
Speaker 11: Northbound seventy five continues to run close to an extra fifteen minutes out of Florence into downtown, then slow again above seventy four to an accident at Town Street right hand side. I've pound seventy one. Breakwits continued between Fields, Tirdle and Red Bank. Northbound four seventy one is getting better into town coming up next the guy who's probably too humbled to admit it, but rumor has it. Our next guest gave MLB come miss manfred A Stern talking to which convinced him to take Pete Rose off the ineligible B list from the Hall of Faith. Thank you to the judge Cincinnati loves you, Chuck Ingram on fifty five krc the Talk station, a.
Speaker 2: Thirty one KRCD talk station on the heels of Congress of MESSI making this my favorite hour of radio whenever we get him back to back, Judge Ednapolitan and welcome back. And I guess most of Cincinnati is appreciative of your efforts to get Pete Rose.
Speaker 17: Yeah, you know.
Speaker 19: It's it's very funny. And Ingram couldn't possibly meil on this. And by the way, good morning, Brian's a pleasure to be here. I have been a fan of Pete Rose since there was a kid. I met him many times at Fox and I did talk to Rob Manfred real name MANFREDI to Rob Manfred about this.
Speaker 9: This is about five or.
Speaker 19: Six years ago, and he looked at me and he said, Ah, the time might come, Judge, the time might come, but I can't do anything about it.
Speaker 9: Now Pete was still alive. I don't take any credit for.
Speaker 19: It, but I take great joy in it that the sport fans, not only in Cincinnati but everywhere and history will recognize his unparalleled achievements in baseball.
Speaker 9: Unparalleled.
Speaker 2: You know, it's interesting.
Speaker 9: Greater than Demaggio. Now that my father in heaven.
Speaker 19: Will send a lightning bolt at me for saying this, But the greatest achievement in baseball Pete Rose and his number of.
Speaker 2: Hits unquestionable point. You cannot say he wasn't the greatest, or he wasn't one of the absolute all time greats of baseball period in the story the stats to prove it out. I guess I struggle with this one. I always have because as a believer in the rules and in law, as you do, the cardinal rule of baseball is you don't bet on baseball. And he lied through his teeth for years and years, insisting that he did not do it. When he did. I used to work for the defense attorney, criminal defense attorney who represented the guy that ultimately blew the whistle on him, a guy that was placing bets on behalf of Pete Rose, who as a law clerk I knew advance of everybody that he was doing it. And he kept flying, and this whole concept of him lying year after year of year, and then finally had been yeah, I bet on baseball, but I didn't bet on the Reds, And finally, yeah, I bet on the Reds, but I never bet against him that moving position in an effort to try to get himself off the permanently band list so he could get into the Baseball Hall of Fame, which isn't guaranteed even though he's been removed. But that to me was the sticking point. You knew the rule going in, you knew what happened to the Black Sox and what happened to those players, and yet you did it anyway.
Speaker 1: So I don't know.
Speaker 19: It's the Baseball Hall of Fame, it's not the College of card We're not saying that only mother.
Speaker 9: Teresa can enter the whole family.
Speaker 19: I know, should they have taken the heavyweight championship away from Muhammad Ali because he dives the draft?
Speaker 9: In my opinion, of course not.
Speaker 2: Well, that isn't a cardinal rule of boxing, though, I mean, again, this was a This is a baseball rule since the Black Sox events back in the early nineteen hundreds when they threw the series. So you know, you knew.
Speaker 9: That's pretty that's pretty serious.
Speaker 19: But if crime is harmed, nobody was harmed by what Pete did.
Speaker 2: That I do not have an argument with. And I know I'm probably a minority in this town, most notably. But I've been on record year after year and I've gotten I've engaged with debates with people over it, so we don't need to dwell on it. You're happy, I'm many people in Cincinnati are extraordinarily happy, and that's aokay with me.
Speaker 9: Yes, I mean I was.
Speaker 19: I was at Yankee Stadium when the Reds played the Yankees in the World Series.
Speaker 9: I don't remember what year this was.
Speaker 19: Pete Rose was playing third base Mickey Rivers, who was so fair he could get to first before anybody could throw the ball from third. Pete Rose picks up a little dribbler and shakes the ball at Mickey's face like, I'm so good, Mickey, I'm not even gonna throw the ball until you're halfway to first from and he caught him out.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there's some great stories and everybody. I remember the Big Red Machine like it was yesterday, because that was the heyday of baseball here in the city Cincinnati. But I must note they also removed from the permanently banned list all of the Black Sox players too, including Shoeless Jackson or whatever his name was. So I saw the Shoeless Joe from Hannibal Mo. You know it.
Speaker 5: You know Yankees all right, pivoting over.
Speaker 2: As I always point out, I'm a lucky man for getting a copy of your column ahead of time. It comes out tonight at midnight. What if freedom is suspended? A lot of rhetorical questions built into the column, But I appreciate it because suspension of the root of habeas corpus is an amazingly serious, serious thing. If you remove habeas corpus, we're all thrown to Franz cop is the trial. We could be held without even knowing why we are being held. And that is a profound injustice.
Speaker 9: Correct, It's a profound injustice.
Speaker 19: It's a violation of your natural right to fairness from the government, and it's an express violation of the Constitution.
Speaker 9: So haneas corpus, for.
Speaker 19: Those dwelling on the Latin is the principle by which anyone detained by the government, whether it's for spitting on the sidewalk or a mass murder, can require the party doing the detaining to bring you to court and justify the detention, so you know the charges against you, and so a judge is satisfied that there is it's a real charge, it's not fanciful, and there's serious evidence against you. Without the right to habeas corpus, we're back to the divine right of kings, who would lock up whoever they want it. Although even these British monarchs are recognized hateus corpus because it's in Magna Carta, which we signed in twelve fifteen. But without habeas corpus, we have that Franz Kafka situation where people can be arrested without trial and just sitting in a jail celle, not knowing what the charges are against them, no independent judge reviewing it.
Speaker 9: Who and under what circumstances can suspend habris corpus.
Speaker 19: What's been suspended three times by American presidents, and all three times the Court said, wait a minute, only Congress can do it, and only Congress can do it when there's invasion or rebellion. That's in the Constitution itself. So when Lincoln did it, he was forced to have Congress authorize it. Then he tried to employ it in the North where there was no invasion or rebellion.
Speaker 9: Then he was assassinated.
Speaker 19: Then the case made its way to the Supreme Court and they invalidated FDR used it to incarcerate Japanese Americans in one of the lowest.
Speaker 9: Points in Supreme Court history.
Speaker 19: The court went, along with its subsequent courts, have reversed that ruling. A subsequent Congress condemned it and compensated all the Japanese Americans who were detained.
Speaker 9: George W.
Speaker 19: Bush attempted to do it right after nine to eleven, saying we were invaded. Whereupon the lawyer's challenging this said, your honor, I was in Federal Court in Lower Manhattan on nine to twelve, the day after nine to eleven, so the courts are able to sit. Therefore, there was no invasion or rebellion, and the Supreme Court invalidated it. This is very very dangerous talk in a very very dangerous area.
Speaker 9: If the White House thinks it can do this just to facilitate the removal of unlawfully present persons in the United States, well this will spread like wildfire.
Speaker 19: This will to transform the country from a democracy to a anarchy.
Speaker 9: If the White House can pick and choose.
Speaker 19: Because they're saying they can pick and choose, they're saying that they're not going to suspend it for everybody, and they're saying they're only going to suspend it if they don't like the way judges rule. I mean, that is simply a reprehensible attitude which defies, defies the president's obligation to preserve, protect, and defend the Constitution.
Speaker 2: Well, it flies in the face of the purpose of being able to suspend habeas corpus in the first instance.
Speaker 19: So, but I guess when you know, Okay, So Congress has defined invasion or rebellion as a state of affairs so calamitous that the courts can't sit, which is why being in court the day after nine to eleven.
Speaker 9: Defeated George W. Bush's use of it.
Speaker 19: When FDR suspended Habeas corpus just for Japanese Americans, just on the West coast, there obviously was.
Speaker 9: No invasion or rebellion.
Speaker 19: He said he feared an invasion or rebellion, and the court bought that nonsense.
Speaker 2: It was a very low point in America's history. And you know, if they can do it to the Japanese Americans. My father had a dear friend, a golfing buddy his who was a very small child, and he was put in an internment camp because he was of Japanese descent. He was born in America.
Speaker 19: These people were as American as Fdr, as American as apple Pie.
Speaker 9: Their ancestors came from Japan. It was one of the greatest acts of racism outside of slavery in American history, and it was done by the hero of the Liberal Democrats, Franklin Donna Roosevelt.
Speaker 2: Well, and I think it boils down to this. If the person is is incarcerated, they have the habeas corpus right they go into court. The government should be able to present evidence on exactly why they got arrested. He's a criminal, We have the evidence. This is why we picked him up and locked him up.
Speaker 19: It's a very simple proceeding. It's taken so seriously. You know, we have this in New Jersey. If you're in the middle of a trial, you stop the trial to review the habeas proceeding because you don't want a person to spend one minute more in jail than.
Speaker 9: Is justified under the law.
Speaker 19: You immediately address the habeast proceeding. Now, not all judges do that, but most do, and nearly all will do it on the same day that they receive the application. If the government knows that there's no habeas corpus, then it knows it doesn't.
Speaker 9: Need evidence in order to arrest.
Speaker 5: That can arrest wherever the.
Speaker 2: Hell it wants, right, and that comes down to the There but for the grace of God go I. Which is why I'm one hundred percent on your side on this one, no wavering whatsoever. You got evidence, show it. There's a reason for me to be picked up and locked up. Tell the judge exactly why. And you can't do that. I shouldn't be in a cell, judge. Editor Politano, appreciate what you do. Man. Thanks for the column and I always enjoy reading it, and I always enjoy your conversations each and every week.
Speaker 19: Oh and by the way, right back at you, Brian go Pete rose into the.
Speaker 9: Hall of Fame.
Speaker 2: And I forgot to tell you. Congressman Thomas mess he did tell me to tell you, he said hello, So I'm want to get that out.
Speaker 12: Thank you.
Speaker 9: I love him.
Speaker 19: He is such a defender of the Constitution, and very very few others in the Congress are his opposite number.
Speaker 9: Also from Kentucky, Senator Ranpaul comes to mind.
Speaker 2: He's going to be on the show later this week. So I'll look forward to having him on as well.
Speaker 9: With you my best home time family friend.
Speaker 2: Judge Ennen Palatino until next Wednesday. Have a wonderful week, my friend. Back at you, Brian, Thank you, Thank you E forty two fifty five. Care see the talk station. Get in touch with Butterbert Motors. They delivered my mower yesterday, completely serviced, looking shiny and brand new. The blaids were just razor sharp because I took the work immediately and cut my grass yesterday as blades went through that grass like a hot knife through butter What an amazing difference as it is when you have your blade sharp and appreciate you but Herbert Motors and they delivered that more to my doorstep when I bought it. It's an excellent mower. Got a Honda Professional level powered push mower and it's one of the best on the market. That's all they sell, the world class brands. Got you John d or your x Mark Steel power equipment, Honda Power equipment sold by a Herbert family member to you. This is fifth generation family and operator. I know everything is to know about the equipment they sell. They're friendly, the customer service couldn't be better. That's why they've been around for such a long time. And you're not dealing with the box store where they sell garbage. And I'm sold by people who don't care what iota about whether you're happy or not with your experience or the equipment you buy. Bud Herbertmotors dot com is where you find them online. And when you're talking to that Herbert family member, please tell them. Brian said, Hi, the number is five one three five four one thirty two ninety one five one three, five four one thirty two ninety one fifty.
Speaker 5: Five car the talk station. Did you hear.
Speaker 2: Kashi have eight fifty one at fifty five care set talk station if you want to call, got time for a phone call, but I wanted to get this in. I what a reminder of fifty five care sea dot com. A couple of reasons if you didn't get a chance to listen to Jack either did and talk about big pharma lobbyists on the heels of Donald Trump's executive or of most Favored Nation status for pharmaceutical prices. If somebody else is paying less, then we pay that much less. And the argument behind that is, you know from the socialist countries out in the world, they get a much lower pharmaceutical price because the pharmaceutical companies, I guess, agree to charge socialist countries less for the pharmaceuticals. Meanwhile, you and I are shouldering the burden of all the research and development they claim is going to go away if we aren't charged exorbitant amounts for our pharmaceuticals. I don't necessarily buy into that at all. Neither did Jack. Jack of course pointed out if there is money to be made out in the world with research and development, the pharmaceutical companies will do it. They do that all the time, pick and choose where the big demand might be with the research which they're doing. You know, a lot of people have this problem, and the joke was viagra. Of course they put money for research and development on that. And if there's another concept like that out in the world where a lot of people are going to flock and beat down the doors to buy the drug, they are going to fund it, but maybe make the socialist countries pay more, just because they have finite a number of dollars. We have a finite number of dollars too, And in fact, after talking to Congress from Massy podcast fifty five carres he dot com. You know that we spend far more than the money that they take in a lot more and thanks to the Republicans being weakned and afraid of their own constituents or refused to pairaback government spending. So we're on the same trajectory we've been on spending at post COVID levels. I mean, the cuts that they're offering are just nothing by way of how much spending is coming with the current Reconciliation bill, which is why Congress from Massie explained he's a no vote on it. Anyhow, fifty five cars he dot com for that. Another reminder, please if you didn't get a chance to read it or hear me read it on the radio. The Decivilizing of America the op ed piece there by Victor David Hanson or Davis Hanson, it's just I just think it speaks volumes on really the tragic shift we're going on in the road that we're going down and here in America. Let's see here continuing a theme of the Trump administration, Late Lee Zelden, the EPA administrator is planning to roll back the incentives that automobile manufacturers are given for a stupid feature. I hate it. It's that start engine start stop system. You know, when you get to a red light and your engine turns off, and then when you take your foot off the break, it turns back on again. Apparently nobody likes that. Now, if you want to offer it as an option, and I'm interested in saving a tiny fraction of my of money for the the mileage that apparently it does impact it It just a tiny bit improves fuel economy by as much as up to five percent, but you really have to be undergoing stop and go driving otherwise it's not doing anything for you. But the automobile manufacturers get climate participation credits for putting that in, so the EPA doesn't require it, but granted automaker's fuel economy credits for adopting the technology. So that may go the way of the DODO. Along with something that Donald Trump previously did, which is getting rid of the appliance efficiency standards, which I embrace. Now, do you want to buy a low flow shower head, for example, if you do buy one, but the APA mandates maximum flow amounts, which quite often are insufficient. So the Trump administration several days ago moved to rescind Appliant's efficiency standards, saying they're unnecessary radical Green Agenda policies, water conservation requirements for fasted showers, bathubs, and toilets to make bathroom plants is more expensive and less functional, which indeed they do. How many times have you had to flush a modern toilet more than one to get it to work? Is that really environmentally beneficial? Why does it take two hours to wash dishes in the modern dishwasher when previously it only took about forty five minutes. That's the limited water that they'll allow in dishwashers. They also cost more and they don't last as long. So how about making both options available? Do you want a very high efficiency washer? Do you want one that only uses a gallon of water or whatever and doesn't have sufficient heating to dry the dishes? Out here? That options right here. If you want an old school one that washes your dishes in virtually no time by comparison, well you can buy that too. Let the market forces dictate on this and you can choose on your own. So glad to see them moving in that direction.
Speaker 15: UH.
Speaker 2: Vember fifty five, Cassey dot Com Big Picture with Jack Aaran and Donovan and Eil I'm protecting private property rights. Got a good debate back and forth with Donovan on that one, Congress Fomassey on the Reconciliation Bill, and of course Judge and Paulitano on Pete Rose and suspending the rit of Habeus Corpus. I hope you have a wonderful day, folks. Tune into mar for iHeart Media aviation expert Jay Ratliffe. As always, thank you Joe Strecker, executive producer for producing the program. Without you, we wouldn't be We wouldn't be here. Folks, have a great day and stick around. Glen beex coming right up.
Speaker 5: News happens fast, stay up to date. At the top of the hour. We're moving very quickly. Fifty five KRC the talk station