Speaker 1: You have the chemistry rite today at noon on fifty five KRC.
Speaker 2: All right, fifty five KRC, he talks station. Good morning, Tuesday morning, April of fifteenth. Today is tax today. Do I really need to say any more about it? I'm sure there's many of you listening right now who know full well what day it is. Checks are being written, credit cards are being debited, money is flowing to the federal government. It's going to be fantastic. And for those of you who got a little money back this year, congratulations. We'll see what happens next year, but my taxes will be on their way as soon as I'm done with this show today, we'll go home and make the final few key strokes on the keyboard and send that bad boy off into the abyss, and we'll see what happens. See if I get audited this year. I don't think I will, but you never know. Got a letter one time from the I R. I went it, went out and opened the mailbox and you see that, see that logo on there, that I R S logo, And that feeling is if you've ever if you've ever opened your mailbox and seen a letter from the I R S, you know what that feeling is. It's it's the wave of dread that comes over you at that very moment. Is I'm not gonna say it's life changing, but it it is. It is a feeling you don't forget. Hard to describe. And I went in and I put it on the table and I stared at it for a second. I'm thinking, what on earth could this be? And my wife walked in and she looked at it, and she and then we looked at each other for a little bit. You know which one of us is going to open it? She was. She was the braver of the two of us, and she's the one that that opened it up. It wasn't an audit. It was some some technicality, I don't know some it was some minor thing. But they don't tell you that on the outside of the envelope. You have to look in there and see what it is that that is it is. It is, without a doubt, one of the most unmistakable and most unpleasant feelings you can possibly have. If you get a letter from the I R. S in your mailbox, and I pray that that does not happen to anyone listening to this station this morning. And if it has, maybe you can tell me your experience. Uh five one three seven fifty five hundred, Dan Carolyn for b Thomas. I was in yesterday. I get to do today and then tomorrow and Thursday, so I am looking forward to that. Kevin Gordon, I believe, is going to be here on Friday, so that'll be big. Later on a little bit later on this morning in the seven o'clock hour, going to talk to James Bogan and he's a guy that he's a legal analyst, local attorney, and we're talking about some issues that he is and mostly the Title nine stuff with President Trump and these different states and universities and what is going. It's getting a little confusing.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 2: When when Title nine started, it was supposed to be a program that put women on a more equal footing with men as a related to sports. But the way it was constructed, in the way it was executed, it just left me with a really bad taste in my mouth because it penalized universities, it penalized men who were in sports, and it wasn't based on anything that was sensible. And the way it was constructed was that you had to if you were a university and you had X number of men playing sports. Let's say you had two hundred. Just for the sake of argument, let's say you had two hundred men who were involved in your sports programs at a particular university. Then if you had that many men, then you had to have I don't know, a corresponding number of women who were participating in sports. Let's say let's say that number is one hundred and fifty. Well, you could offer programs for women's sports, and there would be in excess of two hundred positions, right, volleyball, rowing, field, hockey, gymnastics, swimming, track and field, all these different sports, tennis, golf, all these different sports, volleyball, It goes on and on and on, and you could offer all these positions for women to play sports. But Title nine, the way it was constructed, was that even if you offered those positions and for whatever reason, you couldn't get enough women to fulfill those positions, well, then you had to reduce the number of men who were involved in sports. And over the years, how many men's programs suffered because of that and disappear. How many colleges over the years lost men's golf programs men's swimming programs, men's wrestling programs, and it goes on and on and on. So Title nine did some good things for women. I don't think there's any question about that. But you've got, you know, an entire society now, an entire class of people who looked at Title nine and are willing to throw all that away, everything good that Title nine did on you know, all on the alter of wokeness or political correctness or a dehi transgenderism, all that kind of stuff, just saying that I would throw it all the way. So now we have a course of the specter of men, grown men who want to pretend to be women and want to play in women's sports. The Trump administration has said no to that, and there are still a few places that want to openly defy Trump. And this is a subject that James Bogan and I have talked about many different times, and he'll be here to give us an update on all of that. Cheryl Tumley will be here from the Washington Times. She is the online opinion editor and just has great insight into all things that are happening political and otherwise. And then Steve Gorham is going to be here. He of the Climate Science Institute, and Steve Gorham is just fantastic on issues of environmentalism and all the rest of it. So totally entertaining. Always love having that guy on, and so that's going to be in the eight o'clock hours. So until then, it's just me and you and all kinds of different things. You know. Here we are now in the the wake, Sean McMahon, were you able to observe the historic space flight yesterday? I did not catch that six women in the Blue Origin. Come on, what's wrong with you? We we live in historic times. Six women were able to board a spaceship rocket to outer space and return to Earth in the span of eleven minutes. A historic, a historic all women mission, and somehow you and I are better off for it. This morning we have audio from inside the space capsule. The the the amount of that CBS was exhibiting yesterday was really off the charts, and I've got some some audio of that that we will roll a little bit later on. And look, I am not I am not looking askance at the danger that is associated with climbing on border rocket, rocketing up to the edge or the I guess actually into outer space. I don't know the technicality of it, but anytime you do that, there is an inherent danger that goes along with it. I am not belittling that or looking askance at that in any way, shape or form. What I am questioning, though, is this notion that somehow this was a historically significant moment of six women Katy Perry, Gail King. I guess one of these women is the fiance of Jeff Bezos. I don't know who the other ones are, that somehow there's something significant and historic and memorable that these six women were on board that spacecraft for a total of eleven minutes. It takes most of us longer to drive to work than it did for this space flight to go up and come back down. I've sat in fast food drive through lines that take longer than eleven minutes. I'm sure most of you can relate something that takes longer than eleven minutes to do in your life almost every single day. But somehow there are those who are going to be telling us that this space flight yesterday with these women who went up in the Jeff Bezos rocket was a significant and important event. I will wait to see how that manifests itself, and we'll have some more thoughts on that as the show goes along. Today it is five sixteen. We've got to get to a little break here, and I want to thank you for tuning in and listening the great Brian Thomas audience as we roll on till nine o'clock this morning on fifty five krc the talk station.
Speaker 4: This is fifty five krc an iHeartRadio station.
Speaker 2: Do you have a master fifty five KRCD talk station. Dan Carroll hanging out for Brian Thomas. Tax Day today and the Internal Revenue Service started accepting tax returns on January twenty seventh. According to NBC NBC News, there are some states that you don't have to turn your taxes in today because of natural disasters and other things like that. According to the IRS, the automatic May first, twenty twenty five deadline for twenty twenty four tax returns. This says May first, Okay, yeah, it's automatic, So it goes to this is April fifteenth, then if you have until May first in nine states that were affected by FEMA disaster declarations from twenty twenty four, so this includes taxpayers from the entire state of Alabama, all of Florida, Georgia, North Carolina, and South Carolina. The extended deadline remains. The extended deadline for the remaining four states applied only two specific areas, including the city and borough of Juneo in Alaska. The other affected areas are Chavez County, New Mexico, several counties in Tennessee and Virginia. The states of Alabama, Florida, Georgia, North Carolina, South Carolina. Several counties in Tennessee and Virginia had their tax deadlines extended to May first due to devastation calls by Hurricane Helene. According to the IRS. In October of twenty four, it was announced that individuals and businesses in the Juno area of Alaska would have until May first to file their taxes because of flooding that began in August of twenty four. In addition to the nited states who had automatic deadline extensions, other states have later deadlines for individuals and businesses their taxpayers. In Los Angeles County, California, deadline has been extended to October fifteenth because of the wildfires. The fires were contained after more than three weeks, causing twenty nine deaths and destroying tens of thousands of acres. I gotta look at an update on I haven't looked at an update on that in a while, but I did want a couple of weeks ago and a couple as of a couple of weeks ago, they were talking about the I found a story that was looking at the permits that had been issued in California so people could rebuild their homes, and as of a couple of weeks ago, there had been a total of four permits issued, four for people who are looking to rebuild four. I mean the bureaucracy and the run around and the red tape in Los Angeles is just astonishing. I saw a video there was the mayor of Los Angeles did this video talking about how if you want to come in and get a permit and do all the paperwork required to rebuild your home after it was destroyed by the wildfires, you can come to the Wonderful Day. They set up a one stop government shop. You can go in there and bring your paperwork or bring whatever you have, and you can visit. I think she said, there's fifteen different government agencies all in this one location you give. We have fifteen different government agencies, and you can walk around and get your approvals from all these different agencies. Can you imagine that? Maybee like going to the convention center downtown and you want to get a permit to one clean up your property and two start to rebuild. Come on down one stop shopping. Very convenient and in here you will find people working very hard from fifteen different And this was just for the city of Los Angeles. Never mind the county or the state stuff. We've got fifteen different government agencies. Get all your approvals in one spot. Isn't that great? Can you imagine that? What kind of day would that be? Trapes in around? Oh no, you were supposed to go to that agency first, come back later, Go see those folks over there first, then come back to me, on and on and on, fifteen different government agencies. Some taxpayers in Kentucky have had their deadlines extended to November three because of the severe storms that rolled through in February. This is according to the IRS, So check your location if you think you might be affected by that. Wise get those taxes in today five twenty five at fifty five KRC, the talk station fifty five KRC. When your sump pump is no longer. Summer fifty five KRCD talk station Dan Carroll hanging out for Brian Thomas. The video has come out of the shooting on Short Vine from over the weekend. Fox nineteen put it like this. New video shows the moments a twenty five year old father of two was shot and killed over the weekend in Coryville. Kyle Merrick, twenty five, shot at East University Avenue Avenue and Short Vine around ten pm April twelve, according to Cincinnati Police. Video shows Merrick standing outside a liquor store, and you look at the video, he's standing there looking at his cell phone, apparently minding his own business. The video, two mass people are seen near Merrick. One of the mass people walks up to him, pulls a gun, pulls out a gun and sticks it right in his midsection. That gunman is fifteen years old, and information started coming out yesterday that this fifteen year old has been in the Hamilton County Juvenile court system on what could be as many as twenty one felonies. Twenty one felonies, and yet this kid was out on the street and able to get his hands on a gun. The video I've seen it a few times and you've probably seen it as well. Walks up to the victim, sticks a gun in his midsection. Merrick starts running away down the street. It turned out he also was armed. The fifteen year old runs after him, gun in hand. Mirrick pulls his own weapon, turns and shoots. Apparently misses or I don't know if he missed or not. I think he may have hit the kid, but the fifteen year old shot back and Mirrick was fatally wounded. His family wants the fifteen year old to be charged as an adult, but we may be looking at and I was texting with Ken Kober yesterday afternoon about this information that was coming out and trying to check on the on how valid this information is. Peers that it may very well be valid that this kid, fifteen years old, has had all these contacts with the juvenile system here in Hamilton County, but yet is able to be out on the streets. And so we'll see what develops on this today and Ken Kober is going to be here either Thursday or Friday, and we'll get the very latest on that. The family of Merrick is hoping the fifteen year old will be tried as an adult. This kid is fifteen years old, said Kyle Merrick's dad. Bryant needs to be charged as an adult. He was sitting outside the liquor store as an adult. He had a gun as an adult. He should be charged as an adult and we will see what happens. As you know, there's here in Hamilton County, there's not not a lot of reasons to have faith in our juvenile court judges that they will take this seriously or they will do anything to step up and do what needs to be done to protect the community. In any way, here's another teenager who yesterday admitted to the shooting that took place. This was near again, another one near the campus of the University of Cincinnati last March. Justin Dugan seventeen years old when he shot and killed twenty one year old Benjamin Addison. Dugan took a plea deal would that would send him the prison for twenty one years, and we miss him every second of every day, said Benjamin Addison's father. Benjamin was our world. Our son will never come back, said his mother. After our of deliberation, prosecutors and defense reaching in a plea agreement twenty one years in prison. Before Dugan was escorted out of the courtroom, he addressed the UC students' parents for the first time. I'll never be able to take back what I did, Dugan said, truly, I'm sorry, especially to the good people over there. Even if he had gotten what he wanted, as far as judgment goes in the courts, it won't stop the nightmare because he's not here, said said the family of the victim. Benjamin Addison would have been in his final weeks of classes at U see. Instead his parents are Morning and Future where that will not happen. He'd be graduating from UC, maybe a couple of years, getting married, Joseph Addison said, then maybe three or four years from now, having some babies, and just hor horrible for that family. So this seventeen year old goes away for twenty one years. So two instances right there of innocent victims being taken away at the hands of juveniles, and you know, the juvenile court system, the juvenile court judges here in Hamilton County act as if there's little or nothing they can do about it. Five thirty five on fifty five KRC the talk station.
Speaker 4: This is fifty five KRC and iHeartRadio station.
Speaker 2: It's the Marketers Report today fifty five KRC the talk station, Dan Carroll for Brian Thomas, A little more local news right now? What happened to this one? I just had it from me? Hold on one second, Hold on? What do I do with this? Warren County? According to Fox nineteen Turtle Creek Township, one person dead following ahead on crash involving a semi Monday in Turtle Creek Township. David will sixty nine, Franklin, Ohio died at the scene and the wreck on State Route seven forty one, according to the State Highway Patrol and the troopers say that the twenty eighteen Kenworth was going north on seven forty one when the driver went off the road, over correcting and then into the path of Willis and his two thousand and Ford two thousand and one Ford f one fifty. The driver of the semi taken to the hospital is expected to be okay. In Brown County youth football program facing an uncertain future. It's president former president accused of stealing thousands of dollars from it. How many times do we see stories like this? You've got a youth sports league, whether it's football or softball, or any you named the sport. How many times do we see this where you have individuals who are in charge of handling the money for these youth football or youth sports leagues and they wind up stealing the money and are embezzling the money or doing things with it they shouldn't be doing. It's a nonprofit organization. We just sit We just kind of set it up because we didn't have a program for our school out there, said Jesse Parker, Southern Ohio Warriors football president. The organization used to be known as a Southern Buckeye Youth Football Program, gives kids as young as kindergarten up through high school a chance to put on a helmet and take to the field. He was going to take care of the paperwork side. I was going to take care of the boots on the ground, like the labor and the work, said Parker. They set up a bank account I Rube was supposed to get him a debit card. Months went by, Partner said that never happened. Ended up going to the bank to get access to the account. There was supposed to be eleven five hundred dollars in there somewhere and he got there there was only eleven hundred. So guy apparently at least is accused of stealing about ten grand ten thousand dollars and and you screw these kids over in the process. That is a you know, of course, if you know, innocent until found guilty. But if all this is true, I mean that really that's that's a that's a certain level of depravity, isn't not. You got a youth sports program. Money is supposed to help the kids, and really it's not that much money, and you can face I would imagine you can face some very serious consequence for that. But even with a little bit of money that you have access to, and you wind up using it for your own purposes and a lot of families and kids get screwed over in the process. That's terrible. Hamilton County Church, been around for two hundred and twenty two years, is going to have its last day of service in May. Located at the corner of Wayne and Gain Street in Elizabethtown of the Elizabethtown United Methodist Church, faint red brick building with a concrete walkway. Church has been around since eighteen oh three remains the cornerstone of the community. We are deeply grateful for the two and twenty two years of ministry and the service to church has provided, said Pastor Glenn Lash of the Elizabethtown United Methodist Church. It's with heavy hearts that we make this decision. We know the spirit of the church will live on in the lives of the thoseho been part of it. Final services everyone's invited well Sunday, May eighteenth, and that's the end of that church. So God blessed them, and good luck to them, and good luck to that community. The Elizabethtown the United Methodist Church. Two and twenty two years, that's a pretty good run. Dan Carroll for Brian Thomas on fifty five KRS DE Talk.
Speaker 5: Station fifty five KRC.
Speaker 2: You look back at our family history and see how five point fifty on this Monday morning, Good morning, you're listening to the fifty five KRC Morning Show. I'm Dan Carroll, Brian Thomas taking the week off, Joe Strucker taking the week off as well. Great piece. Andrea Whidberg is just a terrific writer over an American thinker, and she's been taking a look at what's happening with Harvard and the taxpayer money that is being withheld from Harvard, and Andrea writes, at last count Harvard's endowment was a little above fifty three billion dollars. The Harvard endowment fifty three billion dollars. Looking at the GDP of the world's countries, that means Harvard is richer than almost one hundred nations around the world. Nevertheless, last year, Harvard received six hundred eighty six million dollars from American taxpayers. Six hundred eighty six million dollars to Harvard from you and me and Sean McMahon, Shawn McMann. You pay taxes, don't you? I do. He've been so Sean McMahon got his share of taxes in there went to Harvard. That's not even counting the benefits flowing in the heart from federally guaranteed student loans. In return for that money, all Donald Trump is asking from Harvard is that Harvard abide by the Civil Rights Act in terms of its Jewish students who have been on the receiving end of vile and violent campus wide discrimination, and allow the federal government to make sure that Harvard is properly accounting for that over half billion dollars in taxpayer money that it receives every year. So the Trump you know, the Donald Trumpster, is saying, look, Harvard, do you want to keep getting this six hundred and eighty six million, watch out for the Jewish students and give us a little accounting. Tell us what you're doing with all that money. To that, Harvard is saying, kna babina, insisting that it has the right to unfettered use of tax payer money. Harvard's response to the Trump administration and the administration's demands is that it stop violating the law, and that came via a letter from its lawyers. The letter doesn't explicitly address the audit. Instead, it focuses entirely on the contention that Harvard is violating Jewish students civil rights, and the first part of the letter, Harvard insists that it has done everything possible and necessary to protect Jewish students and claims that the campus is way better for Jews than it was a year ago. Widburg says she cannot address that claim because she hasn't followed closely what's been going on at Harvard for the past year. But what she can address is the really stunning argument that Harvard makes about federal moneys. It receives that those of us lowly taxpayers tend to believe that free speech is an inherent right and that the government cannot take it from us. However, we also believe that the government doesn't have to fund our speech instead, or indeed, that we believe that once we start taking money from someone, an employer, a government relative, then that person or entity begins to have us say in how we use the money, including what we say while we are on that person's dime. If we want unfettered speech, then we need to say no to the money. But again that's not Harvard's view. Instead, the Harvard view is that the American taxpayer must fund Harvard's First Amendment rights, and that withdrawing the funding is tantamount to censorship. It is unfortunate, then, that your letter disregards Harvard's efforts and instead presents demands that, in contravention of the First Amendment, invade university freedom long recognized by the Supreme Court. So, Harvard, if you look at this, they want to have their cake and eat it too. They want to take they want to take all this government money and not have to account for any of it. And now they're hiding behind the First Amendment. And we've seen story after story about how Jewish students on these campuses feel threatened, can't go to class, are blocked at every turn. And Harvard is putting all this under the First Amendment, saying you don't have any right to stop sending us taxpayer dollars, and all the while they've got fifty three billion in the tank or in the bank. I should say, I don't think so, and I don't think Harvard's going to win this one. So we'll see what happens. Think about that, they've got fifty three billion, and they want even more from all of us, to taxpayers, as if they're entitled to it. Five point fifty five Dan Carroll for Brian Thomas, fifty five kr S he talks station fifty five KRC, the talk station six h five on this Tuesday morning. I'm Dan Carroll and for Brian Thomas, got to get those taxes in Today. Today is it. Today is the deadline unless you've lived in one of the places where the IRS has extended the deadlines, if you've been hit by a natural disaster or something like that. But for most of us, today is the day. Well, it's a very historic. Guess, yesterday was a very historic day. I missed it. I didn't Sean McMahon, did you get to see any of this this Blue Origin rocket? Didn't watch a second? Think you didn't see one second of it? I mean it only lasted eleven eleven mites. And again, I am not belittling the dangerous of spaceflight in any way, shape or form. Is it is a very dangerous undertaking. But we had the six women on the Blue Origin. You got Lauren Sanchez. Let's see who are let me see if I can Okay, we got okay, Katy Perry, she's a pop star, she's a singer. Then got Gail King, who is Oprah's buddy, who's a morning show host on CBS. Then you got Aisha bo who was apparently a NASA rocket scientist, Amanda Wynn who was a civil rights active, Carrie Anne Flynn who is a film producer, and then Lauren Sanchez, who is apparently a journalist. I guess Sanchez is the fiance of Jeff Bezos. And so she got the six women together and up into space they went, and CBS News was making a big you know, with Gail King going along for the ride. CBS News was making a big deal about this. Oprah was out there. You know, she's best buddy for the Oprah and the virtue signaling and the wokeness and the political correctness was just off the charts. They were doing an interview with the doctor ma je Emison, who was the first black woman in space. And I've got a little cut of this, this interview they were doing, and the one of the co hosts of the CBS Morning News is of lad do others and even he wants, you know, trying to be as woke as possible, but you know, in close proximity to doctor Maye Jamison wound up stepping in it. And here's what that sounded like. And Sean McMahon, if we could please let's hear cut number four.
Speaker 6: Dareth will be here, but we might not see there's yep, Well he doesn't no longer has an atmosphere that supports our life form.
Speaker 2: So' stop right there for a second. So there's doctor Mae Jemison saying that the Earth no longer has an atmosphere that supports our life form? Is that right? I may ask our buddy Steve gorm about that a little bit later, on this morning. Very strange that the Earth no longer has an atmosphere that supports our life form. I think we're all still here today, and I think we're all going to be here long after you and I and everyone listening to me right now are long gone. And that includes Mae Jemison and all the women who wrote up on the Blue Origin or Blood the Yeah, the Blue Origin rocket no longer supports our life form. I'm not sure she's right about that, all right, keep.
Speaker 5: Going, it supports our life form.
Speaker 6: So I think that perspective was really important, really, because we get so human centric that we forget that we're part of this greater universe.
Speaker 7: So one of the things we talked about yesterday when we were preparing to speak with you live on the air is the importance of space travel and the importance of the work that astronauts do when they are in space. You heard Amanda Wynn tell me in the interview that she's conducting science experiments on this voyage, which I don't think a lot of people knew.
Speaker 2: They thought it was just six women going up into space science. Hold on, hold on, right there, So a Vlad is talking about they're conducting science experiments on this voyage. This eleven minute long voyage, I think about maybe just a little over a minute of it is actually in waitlessness. How many science experiments can you conduct? And look, I'm not a scientist. Maybe someone listening can tell me how many science experiments can you conduct in the span of eleven minutes. I don't know, but apparently there were some science experiment and we've got some some audio from inside the capsule, and you can judge for yourself. But let's finish this interview. Go ahead. Shohn's six women. Well, that's what I mean. That women's right, right, right, right.
Speaker 7: But he's speaking to some of the ras that are out there that I to correct with this interview, and I'm glad that you're here to help me correct that narrative. So explain to our audience why even a trip like this one, all the trips that.
Speaker 8: We take into space benefit mankind, So it benefits humankind. And I'm going to keep correcting the man made and the man missions, because this is exactly what this mission is about, is expanding the perspective of who does space?
Speaker 5: Why is space important?
Speaker 6: When you just look at it, when you go up, you get a perspective on this world that you can't get from looking down on the ground, and you can get it much faster.
Speaker 2: This mission is important for expanding the understanding of who does space? Really, that's what this mission was about, expanding the perspective of who does space. We've sent dogs in the space, we sent monkeys into space. The first woman who went into space, sean, do you know who that was? When the first woman went into space? Couldn't tell you. June sixth, nineteen sixty three, cosmonaut Valentina Tereshkova went up on the Vostok six, a Soviet cosmonaut forty eight orbits and seventy one hours. That was the first woman into space. Look, these women went up, and God bless them, it was a dangerous thing. There's all kinds of things that can whenever you do anything like this, there's all kinds of things that can go wrong. But spare me this notion that this was historic and somehow these six women floating around the capsule for about a minute or so is going to span my horizons or expand my perspective or my understanding of space or space travel. And somehow this is going to accrue to the larger benefit of us as and for God's sake, we can no longer say mankind, but humankind isn't mankind and all encompassing term that refers to everyone on this planet. Not good enough, Not good enough for the ultra woke astronaut, Doctor maeje Emison going to continue to correct a little slight correction there for the host of MSNBC. So here's the little audio of the women. And this is this audio. This video actually starts from the moment that they get into witlessness. They unstrap from their seats and they're starting to float around the capsule, and you'll hear the conversation. I really wasn't able to pick up on the part where the science experiments were being carried out, But you listen for yourself, and you tell me and Sean, let's hear cut number five. Please got it?
Speaker 6: One, two, three.
Speaker 5: TMR Tamir's in space.
Speaker 6: It's okay, Leslan up there.
Speaker 5: Flynn, I got you, I got youa Flynn gotcha. Oh proud of you.
Speaker 6: Oh the moon, you guys, I will have to tell you.
Speaker 5: Look at the moon.
Speaker 6: That's amazing.
Speaker 2: Wow, look at the blue line.
Speaker 6: My god, oh my god. Okay, how it's time to.
Speaker 7: Pick out.
Speaker 2: Whoa, whoa, whoa.
Speaker 6: That's amazing.
Speaker 2: So there you go that, uh, that right there, that is a moment for all of history, for all of humankind to be proud of me. That the advancement that I feel in in in humankind today is very profound based on that. I'm not sure where the where the experiments were taking place. There At one point they were passing around the little a little miniature stuffed animal and holding that up for the camera to see. Katy Perry had a little flower in her hand and then uh, like a little cardboard butterfly that she was able to, you know, make weightless for a few moments. So there you go. Today we are all better off because of what those women did in space. And if you weren't able to see it yesterday, well I'm glad I was able to provide that coverage for you here on fifty five krc DE Talk Station fifty.
Speaker 5: Five KRC trustin will knows that we'll all.
Speaker 2: Vastation fifty five krc DE talk Station. I was reading a little bit more about Valentina Terraskova, the first woman to travel into space on June sixteenth, nineteen sixty three. Terra Skova was born to a peasant family in nineteen thirty seven. Began work at a textile factory when she was eighteen. When she was twenty two, she made her first parachute jump with a local aba club. Her enthusiasm for skydiving brought her to the attention of the Soviet space program, which sought to put a woman in space in the early nineteen sixties. So, you know, there's so many people here in the United States who want to pat themselves on the back for being forward thinking and inclusive and all that. But here's the Soviets in the nineteen sixties had the idea to put women in space. They wanted to do this mainly because you know, the early nineteen sixties, that's when the space race was on and the Soviets were kicking our butts and they wanted to achieve another first before the United States, and so they wanted to put a woman up there. Tereshkova, who was an accomplished parachutist, was well equipped to handle one of the most challenging procedures of a Vostok spaceflight. I guess they really hadn't figured out how to return their space capsules to Earth, and I guess with Russia having so little access to the open oceans, they have and I think they still do today. They land their spaceships on the ground, just like this one did yesterday. But one of the most challenging procedures of the Vostok spaceflight is a mandatory ejection from the capsule at about twenty thousand feet. So you come in for re entry, you're plummeting into the atmosphere. You get to about twenty thousand feet and you have to jump out. That's how you do it. That's how you do it in the Russia. That's a Svitia union twenty thousand feet. You open the capsule and you jump out, pulled the pool the court of the pedisutes. So that's what this gal had to do. So in nineteen sixty three, Terraskova was chosen to take part in the second dual flight in the Vostok program, so it involved two spacecraft. The Vostok five launched on June fourteenth, nineteen sixty three, and Valerie Baikovski was the astronaut on board that one. So he went up, he's orbiting the Earth and Terraskova launches two days later. The two spacecraft had different orbits, but at one point came within three miles of each other, and so that allowed for a brief exchange of communications. Terraskova spacecraft was guided by automatic controls. She never took manual control. Just after three days in space again seventy one orbits, three days in space, she re entered the atmosphere and then parachuted to Earth, jumping out at twenty thousand feet. That was a his historic space flight. For that, Teryskober received the Order of Lenin Hero of the Soviet Union award. In November of sixty three, she married a fellow cosmonaut, reportedly under pressure from the Soviet leader Nikita Khrushchev, who wanted to take full advantage of the propaganda advantages of putting those two together. The couple made goodwill trips abroad, had a daughter. Separated in nineteen sixty six, Terashova became a member of the Supreme Soviet National Parliament, served as a Soviet representative to numerous international women's organizations. Never entered space again, and hers was the last space flight by a female cosmonaut until the nineteen eighties. So you talk about someone who was way ahead of the curve, way ahead of her time, Valentina Terroskober someon. I don't know if there's I'm gonna have to look and see if there's a documentary or a movie about about this woman. I think I think that would be a most interesting movie. Forty eight orbits seventy one hours. And I did not know that until just today that when upon returning to Earth, you had to eject from the capsule, the Vostok capsule and parachute twenty thousand feet. Imagine that. How about that, Sean McMahon, anything sound dangerous about that? Sounds perfectly fine to me, perfectly fine. Five one three seven four nine, seven thousand and one eight. I'll give them the wrong number. Five one three, seven four nine fifty five hundred if you want to get on board. Dan Carroll for Brian Thomas, fifty five KRCV.
Speaker 9: Talks Days, fifty five krc Waking up on the fifty five krc DE talk station six point thirty on this Tuesday morning.
Speaker 2: Got to get those taxes in today. Today is the day. And don't get me wrong, I love women. I love women. I love all the stuff they can do. I think women are great, but you got to spare me all this, you know, this historical nonsense that somehow this space flight yesterday was was significant. I'm glad. I'm glad they did it. I don't have any problem with them doing it, but you know, they don't try to apply me with how significant and how the mankind is going to benefit from those women going up in space. I'm glad they did it. I think this is a bigger achievement. A female soldier becomes the first woman to compete in the Army Ranger contest from the Associated Press. Female Army Ranger for the first time competed in the annual Best Ranger competition and her two soldier team team finished the grueling three day event over the weekend came in fourteenth overall. First Lieutenant Gabrielle White and her teammate, Captain Seth del Entree were among sixteen teams that made it through the final events. Ranger teams compete for accolades as the best of the elite military force. Altogether, fifty two teams competed. All the others were made up of only male soldiers. The two rangers on the winning team were both members of the seventy fifth Ranger Regiment, White and del Entree were based at the are based at the Army Center of Excellence in Fort Benning, Georgia. Female soldiers were not allowed to be Army Rangers until twenty fifteen, when the Army opened Ranger School to women. In August of twenty fifteen, two female soldiers completed Armed Ranger course for the first time. Later that year, the Defense Department opened combat jobs to all women. Petexseth may have some different views on this. According to the competition, soldiers must move more than sixty miles during the three days with little rest. It includes a helicopter mission, physical fitness test, land navigation, weapons qualification, obstacle course, and other tests. While in previous years the Army would likely have noticed the historic first in a story or a press release, that didn't happen this time. Under the President Donald Trump and Defense Secretary of Pete Hegseth, the Department has banned anything that touts diversity, equity and inclusion. Well, you know this doesn't have to go down that line. You've got a woman who competed in this contest and met all the qualifications, all the parameters that any mail had to meet and was able to complete the test. I finished out the out of side of fifteen groups that finished it. She was her and her partner were fourteenth. I think that's pretty good. I think that stands on its own. You know that there was no special favors given. You want to come and compete, come and compete, but you know they don't ask for special favors along the way. And apparently that did not happen here. And I would imagine under Pete Hegseth that nothing like that would ever happen. So I think that's pretty good. So I say congratulations to Captain Seth Delentree and First Lieutenant Gabrielle White. Joe's in Fairfield and Joe, you're on fifty five krs C. Good morning. How are you Dan? I'm fantastic. Her are you, sir? I'm good. What's up? Well?
Speaker 10: I was doing some research on this in a great story there with the female cosma not and then I realized that Rush it is yeah, and I realized it Rush had also been the first to send their reporters and their anchors into space as well.
Speaker 2: It's just that they chose not to use the parachutes. Well, yeah, that might be a good plan with you know, if they if they weren't towing the company line, that might have been the faith that a lot of them, you know lost.
Speaker 10: Donald Cruf has his way to Donald has his way of dealing with him.
Speaker 11: I guess the Cosinos have their way of dealing with their.
Speaker 2: So that's pretty good. Sometimes the old ways, Sometimes the old ways are the best ways. I'll drink that all right, But Joe, do you feel do you feel better this morning? After the historic mission by Katy Perry and Gail King and the other women on board the U, the voice will never be the same for me or.
Speaker 11: Whatever it was that they hosted Katie.
Speaker 2: He was a judge on American Idol for a few seasons.
Speaker 10: Well, I would imagine this is just going to open up her mind, you know, to the possibilities of of you know, any kind of talent.
Speaker 2: So, yeah, she's done it all now. Yeah, I guess she sang a song on the way back down, and the women thought that was especially especially meaningful. And and you know, I'm gonna I'm gonna talk to Steve Gorum a little bit later and find out what kind of science experiments can be can be carried out in the span of eleven minutes. That'll be interesting to see with the stuffed animal. Absolutely if they pass that around as well. Joe, thanks for the call this morning. All right, but here you there you go. Joe's having a little fun with that as well. He should. That's good stuff. Six thirty five Dan Carroll in for Brian Thomas. Fifty five KRC the talk station.
Speaker 4: This is fifty five KRC and iHeartRadio station.
Speaker 2: So how do we Sean McMahon rolling out the hard rocket stuff this morning. That'll get you up and moved. Fifty five KOC Detalk station. Dan Carroll hanging out for Brian Thomas. Doge is continuing to do great work. Now, if you have a grievance with the federal government and how the government is spending your tax money, if you have a complaint about wasteful practices or bureaucracy, you can now go to the Department of Government Efficiency, which has an Internet portal where you can take your complaint directly to them. The Department of Government Efficiency launched a website where Americans can directly report and suggest how to deregulate policies within the federal government. Your voice in federal decision making. Reads the website regulations dot gov. Impacted by an existing rule of regulation, share your ideas for deregulation by completing this form. That's a great idea. They are certainly according to red State, they're opening the floodgates to all this. But now we don't have to wait around to let the government know how we feel about the money that they that they take from us. DOGE worked with the Government Services Administration, independent agency task with helping support the function of other federal agencies, and the Office of Management and Budget, which is the federal office frequently charged with overseeing deregulation efforts. Doges combining the administration goals of adding transparency and slashing waste, fraud, and abuse by offering the American people the unique opportunity to recommend more deregulatory actions. The Doge led effort highlights Trump's priority to put the first of the people first, and government bureaucrats last, said White House spokesperson or a spokeswoman, Taylor Rogers. That's pretty cool though. So if you have a complaint about the government, maybe you work for the government. I mean, anyone can do this you can go to the government portal. I have not tried this yet, so if you want to try it, it's called regulations dot gov. Let's see. I mean, there's a link on this story here deregulation or regulations dot gov. Then it's got deregulation suggestions and if you have an idea for cutting existing rules of regulations, we want to hear from you. And they've got some boxes you fill out here and just scroll down the form and away you go. So you can now go directly to the government thanks to Doge to deregulate stuff. And Doge and the Dog's website continues to rock and roll. They continue to put stuff out that I like, stuff that they are cutting. Here's what Doge wrote last night. Agencies terminated one hundred and eighty wasteful contracts with a ceiling value of three point three billion dollars and savings of two point six billion, including I love this one eighty five and a half thousand dollars. This was an EPA contract for live plant maintenance services. Live plant maintenance services. What do you think that means? Live plant maintenance services. That's a contract that costs the EPA eighty five thousand dollars. Now, it's been a while since I've been in an EPA building. The last one I was in, I don't remember a lot of flowers. I don't remember a lot of plants being there. They might have been fake that I saw. I guess I haven't. I don't think we have, Sean McMann do. We don't have any plants around here, do we?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 2: I can't think of a single plant. Maybe someone has one in an office somewhere I haven't seen. But uh, of course, we have no access to the outside world here in this studio. But when I look out the little sliver in the door there, you know, I look out in the area where there's a bunch of tables and a bunch of chairs and a bunch of cubicles. I don't see us decorating with plants that really anywhere. But at the EPA, I guess they have plants. And the contract to water those plants costs eighty five grand. Well Doge looked at that and said, nah, bah bah nah. And now the EPA team, the internal EPA team, will handle the watering of the plants while saving US eighty five thousand dollars. Anyone opposed to that. Anyone think that's not a good thing. Here's another two hundred and sixty five thousand dollars Health and Human Services contract for social media monitoring, subscription, training and platforms set up so for Health and Human Services to monitor social media and you you buy a subscription for that for whatever reason, cost two hundred and sixty five thousand dollars a year. Maybe there's someone who's better versed in the Internet than I am. I believe there are some companies that, for very good reasons, monitor social media to see what's being said about them, see if there's anything they need to get ahead of, see if you know they're they're you know, on top of the latest trends, or whatever the case may be. I'm sure there's plenty of companies that find that sort of service invaluable, and maybe you do it in house. I don't know. But to spend two hundred and sixty five thousand dollars on it for that contract, maybe it's just me that seems a little excessive, and I'm glad they took it out. Six forty six Dan Carroll for Brian Thomas, I'm fifty five KRCD talk station.
Speaker 5: Fifty five krc.
Speaker 2: Hello, I'm Victor Gray and I'm calling fifty five KRCD talk station. Dan Carroll for Brian Thomas five one, three seven four nine fifty five hundred. Rich from New Richmond is on the phone, and Rich, how are you this morning? Fine?
Speaker 12: How are you doing?
Speaker 11: Dan?
Speaker 2: Good?
Speaker 13: Rich?
Speaker 2: What you got for me?
Speaker 12: Well, the EPA they must be doing a little bit of work doing. I think it because all the carbon oxide that they are breeding and in that building, Uh, they need the plants to turn that back into oxygen.
Speaker 2: I guess, well, is it is the e p A. Look, you've had all these government agencies where after the Wuhan, no one decided to come to work anymore. So we know that that was one of the first things that Doage talked about was all these government buildings that we have and all this rent that we pay and the and the buildings are largely empty. So I guess you've got the plants in there waiting for people to come back. So, you know, are people going back to work? I guess maybe they are going back to work at the e p A.
Speaker 13: I don't know.
Speaker 12: That might be an problem because it's too much oxygen. Maybe it'll blow up.
Speaker 2: I don't who knows, but I love the fact that I'm sure there's people at the E p A who sit around and don't do a whole lot during the day. But now at least once a day they're gonna have to pick up the watering can or the coffee pot and go water the plants. I think that's great, and they earned a little bit of that money they're making. Yeah, thank you, rich I appreciate the phone call very much. And that was rich and New Richmond, and I hope he was avoiding the flood there. Bill Maher has been the last couple of days he's been out talking about and he made a lengthy video talking about the dinner that he had with Donald Trump. And look, I am not a Bill Maher devote I am not a Bill Maher fan. I think I don't watch his show on What is It on HBO. I see some clips of the stuff he does once in a while. I think the I think there are times when he can be spot on. I think there are times when he can be brutally honest. I think he has done the Democrat Party a huge favor by calling a spade a spade and calling out in a manner that everyone can understand the difficulties Democrat Party is having. And so over the weekend, he got invited to the White House with Kid Rock to have dinner with Donald Trump. And at first he was kind of blown away about it, not sure if he wanted to do it, but then thought better of it and said, you know what, this could wind up being a good thing. And so he has come back now after his dinner and he's talking about his experience with Donald Trump and being honest about it, and he he said essentially that his mind was blown that he came to the realization that Trump is much more self aware and personable than he ever imagined. He said, everything I never liked about him was I swear to God absent, mar said. And so he talked about and you know, he went there with Kid Rock, and I think Dana White was there and a couple of others, and he tells us to go look at the video. The video was actually pretty compelling of Bill Maher telling the story about his dinner with Trump. But now there are certain journalists out there who are looking at this and they're firing at Bill Maher talking about how he's been caught up in the in the Trump propaganda. They are suggesting now that he is nothing more than a useful idiot for Trump, part of a publicity stunt. And Bill Maher, to his credit, is defending himself and and he's telling, you know, these people that they are wrong, you know. And it is beyond me why some people just cannot abuid that people of different political outlooks can get together and then have and have an honest conversation there. I mean, there are plenty of things of Bill Maher if you listen to what he said. There are plenty of things that he brought up the Trump that that were in a disagreement with the Trump policy. And he talks about Trump Trump's reaction to that, and you know how honest and genuine he thought Trump was. But you know, the notion that you can't have people at different outlooks break bread together and then have an honest conversation about it, who's the one who's being short sighted? There? Six fifty five on fifty five krs the talk stations. News happens fast, stay up to date. At the top of the hour, we're moving very quickly fifty five krs the talk station. This report is sponsored by Generate fifty five KRS the talk station Good Tuesday Morning, Dan Carroll in for Brian Thomas. I get to be here Wednesday and Thursday as well. Sean McMahon running the big board in the fifty five KRC command center. So when you call in, make sure you say hay him. Five one, three nine fifty five hundred is the number to call. Attorney James Bogan joins us at the bottom of the hour, and we've got some subjects. We'll be kicking around with him. Big deal at the White House yesterday, and I must say the the way Trump is running things at the White House is thoroughly entertaining to me. It is anyway, you know, I like all this political stuff, like the I like to set up. I like the fact that when he meets with these different world leaders, it's not just a little bit of a photo op. And then, you know, like Biden did you the reporters would throw questions at him and he would just stand there with that just sit there with that look on his face and really just proving what what a jerk he really is. Trump is. You know, he's got the reporters in there, they're all over the place. They're loud, they're yelling, they're boisterous. Yeah, he's got cabinet members there too. And yesterday he was with the President of Al Salvador Naive Bukayley, b u k e l e Bukayley. I guess that is how you say his name. I apologize for f Iro'm mispronouncing it. But he was there, and he declined to ask the l Salvadoran president to return this dude that got mistakenly deported to El Salvador. Trump didn't want to bother the the President of Al Salvador with it, but some of the reporters did. And so when the President of Al Salvador was asked about that, I believe it was Caitlyn Collins from CNN who asked the who asked the question. The President of Al Salvador just gave it right back to her. And Sean mcmanon, let's hear cut number one please.
Speaker 6: Well, I suppose I suggested that I smuggle a terrorists into the United States? Right, how can I smuggle How can I returned him to.
Speaker 8: The United State?
Speaker 5: If I could, I smuggle him and to the United States?
Speaker 10: So what do we do it?
Speaker 2: Of course, I'm not going to do it.
Speaker 6: It's like, I mean, the questions were busters, how can I smuggle the terrorists at to the United States.
Speaker 7: I don't have the power to return him to the United States.
Speaker 2: So there's the president of Al Salvador saying, look, you know, I'm not I'm not in the smuggling business. Uh this kill Maar Abrego Garcia, citizen of Al Salvador, deported by the Trump administration. Apparently they're saying by mistake. The Supreme Court ruled the administration must facilitate his return. But during the uh the Oval office visit there, you heard what the what the president had to say, can't smuggle the terrorist into the United States. But this wasn't good enough for Caitlin Collins, the CNN reporter who was there, who loves to give Trump and his cabinet at our time whenever she gets the chance. And so there's a you're you're going to hear in this next SoundBite, you're going to hear a couple of different people. You're going to hear Marco Rubio, and then you're going to hear Steven Miller, and they are laying out for this reporter and all the reporters in the room, exactly how foreign policy is supposed to work. And this is the kind of give and take that we never saw from the Biden administration. We never saw it from the Obama administration. I don't think we I really don't think we ever saw it during the any of the Bush administrations. This is the kind, to my way of thinking, this is the way things ought to be. It's the United States of America, for God's sake. Let the reporters in there. When when you had Joe Biden in office, all he could do was it on that fake set. It kind of looked loud on that time. Remember the tiny little desk. He would sit over there and there'd be monitors all around. I guess they put that together because of the Wuhan, And they still I saw I don't know what it was. It was say it with some cabinet members and they were doing some sort of event, and I think they were on that that set that Biden would use. There's no way I can I cannot imagine that Trump will ever go on there or set foot on that. He's going to do his stuff from the Oval office. But here's here's the the way this this went down when they were And this is what I love about Trump. He's got his cabinet members there. He says, you guys handle this question. He let says, he lets his people talk in their area of expertise. And I thought this was great. And with that, Sean McMann, let's hear cut number two.
Speaker 14: Please, I don't understand what this individual is a citizen of else He was illegally in the United States and was returned to his country. That's where you deport people back to their country of origin.
Speaker 2: Except for Venezuela.
Speaker 14: That wasn't refusing to take people back of places like that. I can tell you this, mister President. No, the foreign policy of the United States is conducted by the President of the United States, not by a court. And no court in the United States has a right to conduct the foreign policy of the United States.
Speaker 2: It's that simple end the story, and that's what you secrete for it telling. By the way, it's a Marco's point. The court said exactly.
Speaker 1: What Marco said, that no court has the authority to compel the foreign policy fund the United States. We want a case nine to zero, and people like CNN are portraying it as a loss, as usual because they want foreign terrorists in the country who kidnap women and children. But President Trump his policy is foreign terrorists that are here illegally get expelled from the country, which by the way, is a ninety ten issue.
Speaker 2: Well, the President, you said that if the Supreme Court says like we need to be returned today, how long do we have to answer this question from you?
Speaker 15: Why didn't you just say, isn't it wonderful that we're keeping criminals out of our country?
Speaker 2: Why can't you just say that? Why do you go over and over? And that's why.
Speaker 8: Nobody watches you anymore?
Speaker 2: You know you have no credibility. There you go, there's true. Why do we have to listen to this question over and over and over again? And he lets say he lets him ask it. It's not as if he's shutting them up. He's got a You heard Marco Rubo, Marco Rubio say it right there. Look, the guy is from El Salvador. He was in the country. I think he said he was in the country. Illeague se can you play the first part of that bite again? I want to hear of Marco Rubio said he. I thought Marco Rubio was really good on this. I understand.
Speaker 14: This individual is a citizen of El Salvador. He was illegally in the United States and was returned to his country. That's where you deport people back to their country of origin, except for Venezuela that wasn't refusing to take people back of places like that.
Speaker 2: I can tell you this, mister President.
Speaker 14: No, the foreign policy of the United States conducted by the President of the United States, not by a court. And no court in the United States has a right to conduct the foreign policy of the United States.
Speaker 2: It's that simple, and the story there you go. So Marco Rubio guy was in the United States illegally, now he's back in El Salvador. Should he be in prison, I don't know. But no court has the right to conduct foreign policy, and Marco Rubio is making it plain as it can possibly be, and they are proceeding under that, under that authority to do what needs to be done. But you know, the Left wants to spend this narrative that, oh, we've got one, We've got one who might have mistakenly been deported and kicked out of the country. How many more are there, We'll trust me. If there were more, and they could find more. It'd be all over the news. They would love nothing more than to suggest and they still there is still plenty of leftist commentators out there who are suggesting that Trump is going to go after American citizens that he doesn't like. And if you're a citizen of America and you say something that Trump doesn't like, you do something that he doesn't like, then he's going to deport you out of the country. They're still trying to go after that. No, they are going after the dangerous criminals, like Steven Miller said, people who want to rape, people who want to murder, people who want to to steal, bring in drugs, human trafficking, sex trafficking, all the rest of it. Those are the kind of people that we want out. But yet there are certain courts in this country and certain journalists in this country who want these kind of people in the country. And so that you know that that is why when Trump look normally, when a foreign visitor comes to the White House in the Oval Office, they sit there in those yellow chairs. I guess you know there's fireplace in the background. They take a picture of them and shaking hands. They as far as Biden was concerned, they would recite a couple of prepared remarks. Obama certainly did that as well. There's nothing genuine there, nothing that is really newsworthy. But look at what Trump. What Trump is doing, He's having He's having a legitimate exchange, a real life back and forth. You've got these reporters trying to throw Trump and his people off their game, and they're and they're saying, bring it, we are ready for you. You tell me. Are they trying to cover something up, they trying to act, you know, are they acting as if they're doing something that they shouldn't be doing. I don't think so. So this is why when whenever you've got an event like this in the White House, to my way of thinking, I'm going to watch it. I'm going to look at it as much as I can, And at least when I'm doing a show like this, I get to bring it to your attention to So that's a double bonus. Seven sixteen Dan Carroll for Brian Thomas. I'm fifty five KRC Detalk station.
Speaker 4: This is fifty five KRC, an iHeartRadio station.
Speaker 2: Susan lows King with cross Country More. Fifty five KRC Detalk Station seven four nine fifty five hundred the number to call if you want to get on board. They're just looking at just the news during the break there, and they're talking about before weaponizing Russia against Trump, Biden and other Democrats reaped lucrative benefits. Well, you don't say, while Democrats weaponized invented Russia collusion claims in an attempt to sink President Donald Trump's first term. In retrospect, the party's leaders have often gone soft on Russia when it wanted to reap financial or political benefits for themselves or allies from the Obama era Russian reset, the Secretary of State Hillary Clinton so Kolkovo investment project to honor Biden's business in Moscow, and Joe Biden's waiving the sanctions against the Russian pipeline. Key Democrat figures reaped political and financial benefits from going soft on Moscow. Newly declassified documents produced by the FBI and Department of Justice Crossfire Hurricane investigation into allegations that then candidate Trump or members of his campaign coordinated with Russia to influence the twenty sixteen election wholly discredit the probe. For example, one key informant's account was deemed unreliable and official disputed. A key media narrative and some key source, Christopher Steele, leaked his infamous dossier to the media. Last week, FBI Director Cash Mattel transmitted to Congress hundreds of pages declassified documents from that investigation, following a declassification executive order from President Trump. Just The News made all seven hundred pages from the declassified binder available to the public. Despite several years with a focus on the allegations from the Democrats in Congress and investigation by Special Counsel Robert Mueller did not establish any criminal Trump Russian collusion. Special Council John Durham appointed to review the probe and ultimately ultimately concluded that neither US law enforcement nor the intelligence community community appears to have possessed any actual evidence of collusion in their holdings. At the commencement of Crossfire Hurricane investigation, after Russia's two invasions of Ukraine, first in twenty fourteen then again in twenty twenty two, senior Democrat leaders routinely or roundly called out Russia and as President Vladimir Putin's aggressive behavior primarily targeted at the country smaller neighbor Ukraine. But in years before the Moscow invasion, or before Moscow's invasion, Democrats enriched themselves politically and personally from Russia oligarchs, oligarchs. I thought Democrats were against oligarchs, maybe just oligarchs in America, but the Russian ones, those are fine, man. They enriched themselves politically and personally from Russian oligarchs and businesses in the region while empowering Putin with energy and technology deals. So, I mean, this piece goes on and on and on, and it kind of outlines a lot of the ways different deals that were in place for the pipeline of money to flow back to the Democrats. Hunter Biden has talked about in here. Hunter Biden and his partner's pursuit of Russia riches began as early as twenty ten, when the Reset was entering the full swing with payments from a Moscow based machinery firm and it's patriarch, and they antestified a few years later at a time when Joe Biden's son was actually still serving in the US Navy. How about that, So this was going on with Russia while Hunter was still in the Navy. But yeah, it made this goes on all these documents and talking about how the Democrats were cashing in, so all this stuff and again that old saying holds true. All this stuff that they accused Trump of doing, it turns out that they were doing themselves. Jim, what's up this morning? How you doing?
Speaker 13: I'm doing for there? You talk about female army rangers competing. Yeah, earlier. It's great to hear that they're actually having to meet the same standards because Mile Ma Mater in nineteen eighty when they let women are at West Point, they low with the standers significantly.
Speaker 2: Sure they did bysically. Well, that's one of the that's one of the very first things that Pete Hegseeth said. He said, Look, if we got we have women in the military, there are no longer going to be two sets of standards. You can either do the job or you can't. And if you can do it, then you then God bless you. Then ah, you know, more power to you. And if you can't, you can't. And look, serving in the military is not a right, it's a privilege. And we need to have standards. We need to have you know, these these tests in these bars that need to be passed and accomplished before someone can move on in the military. And you know, excuse making doesn't do anyone any favors. When you're on the battlefield and you need to know that your partner in combat has your.
Speaker 13: Back, You've got to be able to do the job. Yes, unfortunately they couldn't. I mean, just before I left the military, we greater exercise to see how well we could make a signal with talian thirty female and they couldn't handle the job. They couldn't do the physical part of it. And so you're putting people in danger.
Speaker 2: Sure you are. But look if this woman was able to complete the you know, the the obstacle course and moving sixty miles and the shooting requirements and all that, and you know, her team, out of what fifty two teams, there were only sixteen that completed the training, and so I think that's pretty good, and I say congratulations to her and more power to her. Yep, agree with you, Jim. I appreciate the call. Thanks for listening. There you go, that was Jim and he's right on the money. We got to get to a break and then we'll be talking with James Bogan on the other side as we roll on here on the fifty five krc Morning Show, fifty five KRCV Talks, They fifty five the Talk Station, A Minute of Hope, fifty five krc DE Talk Station. Dan Carroll for Brian Thomas. So glad to be here and always glad to welcome in my my next guest, local attorney and legal analyst and James Bogan. Great to have you back on the show. How are you today?
Speaker 11: Good?
Speaker 3: Thanks for having me.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Absolutely. Before I get to the subject that we had at hand, I got a couple of questions for you and just a couple of things that occurred to me over the last couple hours. You know, it was what was it? It was? It was like a month, almost two months ago you and I were talking about the pending release of the Epstein files. And remember we we we kind of made plans. You know, when those come out, we're gonna we're gonna look at it, We're gonna dissect it. We're gonna do a segment on the radio and and talk about that and talk about what's in it, what's not what's not in it? Uh, how those you know, we're going to break those things down. And then of course, you know the release was delayed, that it never happened, And here we are, and this feels like it was a couple of months ago, and I've not seen hide her hair of the Epstein files. Have you seen any unication at all that those things will ever see the light of day.
Speaker 3: Well, here's the thing. They got a truckload of files that next day when Pam Bondi gave that deadline, And in my experience, when you have that many files, I'd be very hard pressed to see how they could have gone through them thoroughly and made the appropriate redactions like redacting out victims' names and so on, which is very routine for any law enforcement to do before releasing.
Speaker 2: Documents to the public.
Speaker 3: Unless they were doing it twenty four to seven around the clock, and that's the only thing they're working on. I really don't think they would have had it done by now.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I was under the impression one thing, that some of that had already taken place, though her being I remember her being on TV with Jesse Waters talking about, Yeah, you know, those files are coming out tomorrow and we're doing the final reactions and making sure that we don't compromise any information or give away people's names. It shouldn't be given away. I thought they had already done all that stuff.
Speaker 3: I don't think so. And the thing is Pam BONDI, she's salivating to release this stuff. You know, Trump is too, That's what I'm thinking. And I don't think they gain anything by holding stuff back if that stuff's been done, because I think they're absolutely chomping at the bit to release this stuff.
Speaker 2: That's just my thought. All right, Well, then our plans are still in place, and when those things come out, we'll we'll we'll have you on and we'll break it down and we'll see what's what on the Epstein file. So that so keep that, keep that in your calendar, all right, I will do Dan, all right. The other thing is some information started coming out yesterday about this fifteen year old that's accused of killing this guy on Short Vine a couple of days ago. And the video came out, yes the video was released yesterday of how this happened. And you see this guy standing in front of that liquor store on Short Vine. He's got his nose in his cell phone, he's minding his own business. This kid walks up to him, pulls out a gun and sticks it in his midsection. And information started coming out leaked yesterday that this guy has been in the juvenile system before various judges, I guess in Hamilton County Juvenile Court with twenty one felonies. And maybe it's just me, but twenty one when you're at the age of fifteen, sounds like a lot. And yet this kid was still It seems to me like this is a kid who should not have been on the street, should not have had any access to a gun. Is this and I mean in a general sense, if you have a kid that has is fifteen years old, has that many felonies, that much contact with the court, how is this kid able to be out on the street.
Speaker 3: That's a good question. It depends on what those twenty one felonies were. And you see when they count prior felonies, they what they do is they take the total. They don't take look back and say, hey, this could be from like two or three cases.
Speaker 2: But yeah, apparently one of them was the illegal discharge of a weapon. There was a couple of them I think that involved possession of a gun.
Speaker 3: And so that dischargeable weapon is a felony that in adult court typically carries prison time and it's a strict liability offense, which means you can't argue self defense with that one. So yeah, I definitely have questions. But the bigger thing is where the hell are his kids parents?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Absolutely? And are we just unequipped in the juvenile system to deal with this in any in any meaningful way? I don't know.
Speaker 3: I mean, it's really a case by case and i'd say because I've had juvenile clients where you know, I definitely did not question the outcome. But you know, like I said, every case is different.
Speaker 2: Yeah, all right, Well, James, stay right there. I want to talk about some of the Title nine stuff that that is happening, and it is it is amazing to me that some of these different universities and these different entities think that they can stand their ground against the federal government on this. And we'll get your thoughts on that, but we got to get to a quick break here, So James Bogan stand by and we'll continue on with him on the other side on fifty five KRC, the talk station.
Speaker 4: This is fifty five KRC and iHeartRadio station.
Speaker 2: Get ready for spring and have your roof guts fifty five krc DE Talk station Dan Carroll for Bryan Thomas. We are talking with local attorney James Bogan, and James, you know, I'm looking at some of the headlines here and you've got the University of Pennsylvania. Trump is suspending one hundred and seventy five million dollars in federal funding because they continue to allow male athletes to compete in women's sports. The Secretary of Education is telling these these different universities the NCAA that their policies need to get in line with what the Trump administration is saying about this. You've got main schools who are saying they are not going to not going to change their transgender policies as it relates to sports. What kind of ground do these places have to stand on in order to stand in defiance of what's coming out of the White House. They have absolutely zero ground.
Speaker 3: And you just look at the text the Title nine, which this executive order is based on. No one shall be excluded from participation in sports or deny the benefit of sports school sports based on gender. And when you allow biological males to compete in girls' sports, you're taking away these opportunities to participate and have gained the benefits from these sports because when you have biological males, even if they take hormones, they're still.
Speaker 2: During puberty.
Speaker 3: They get bigger muscles, bigger frame, bigger lung capacity, stronger ligament, stronger tendons, more muscle density, and those advantages do not get mitigated by hormone treatment. And feelings certainly don't mitigate these physical advantages, and you'll see them displacing girls. I mean, we talked about this. Leah Thomas, for example, when as Will Thomas was the number four hundred and sixty two among college men in the two hundred yard freestyle, went from that to number one among college women. Now men's and women's times performances is about a ten to twelve percent different. Thomas's time only dropped by two point sixty six percent or regressed by two point six six percent from the hormones and splockers and so on. It's and when women girls, when they take steroids, they don't become as good as men. I mean, you saw that we've talked about this. There's that Yale swimmer who she was one of the top women in the country actually compete against Leah Thomas the next year swam for Yale as a guy and wasn't even competitive.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and that's the way it happens then. And I love the way you address that argument, because you're talking about Title nine, and Title nine really looks after the rights of women. And we've gone so far down the road on this argument that it always starts with the rights of those who, you know, these transgender individuals that somehow their rights are being in fringe. And what gets lost in that argument are the rights of those women to compete on a fair and level playing field. You know, these women who have sacrificed mightily, who have given up all sorts of things, and then you know, when it's time for them, you know, for the rubber to hit the road, well, then they have to face another unfair challenge in the form of some dude that's been through puberty and now wants to they have long hair and wear dresses and call themself a woman. Yeah.
Speaker 3: I mean, if I would have compete as a woman, I would have been a superstar when.
Speaker 2: My son would have been the same way. He had better times than Katie Ladecki, for God's sake.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And you know what everyone though the proponents of this crap, they just focus on feelings, feelings, feelings. And these are the same people who said trust the science during.
Speaker 2: COVID, Yeah, trust the science. That the science at least went it as long as it fits their narrative. So it was so, where do you see this going? I mean, you know, the Trump administration so far is able to withhold funds, and we've had so many federal judges across the country who feel have been feeling so free to wade into any issue that comes out of the White House. Are we going to be subject to more federal rulings and federal court judges trying to direct the Trump administration to do this, that and the other thing.
Speaker 11: That's an interesting question.
Speaker 3: We haven't seen anything brought yet, but unfortunately, with these activist judges out there, I wouldn't be surprised.
Speaker 2: But you look at this way.
Speaker 3: The recent New York Times polls showed that seventy nine percent of people are opposed to this crap, And you look at this eventually reaches the Supreme Court. I think once it reaches the Supreme Court, which is more matter when than if there are some penning cases, I think the Court's gonna end up ruling on the right.
Speaker 2: Side of this. Yeah, James, before we let you go, you brought to my attention yesterday a situation that's developing within the Cincinnati Police Department, and it has to do with a retired officer who is trying to get a replacement badge after retiring from the force. And there seems to be some so I don't know if it's a misunderstanding or some sort of complication as to this officer getting a replacement badge, And you know, the way the argument was laid out for me, this just sounds to me like something that doesn't really need to get to the level that this thing is getting to already.
Speaker 3: Yeah, retired police officer Rachel Baldwin, I've been in chatting with her about this too. She retired in good standing. She lost her retirement badge. Many retired officers request the second retirement badge. One goes in their wallet, one goes on display. It's not nefarious to lose a retirement badge. It says retirement and big letters across the top. It's not like anyone can use it. And people I've talked to with CPD say it's not unpreceded for a retired officer to get a replacement retirement badge either now, Baldwin, she lost her badge. She went to police supply to inquire about the process, you know, to get this replacement badge that she earned through thirty years of service. And it's something they pay out a pocket for too. And she was told she had to make a report and write a letter her and it had to go to the chief, who's the one person who approves and disapproves these for some strange reason now, and the chief said no and doubled down on it when FOP President Ken Kober intervened, and she said, one retirement badge to each officer period. To hell with bad things happening like you're getting stolen. And the thing is, she retired in good standing, filed the appropriate report when she lost her badge and jumped her all the hoops, and this is what she gets. And Cober he confirmed me the under CPD policy, this is the chief's prerogative. And here's the funny part. Another retired CPD officer, I'm not going to bring his name into this, he started posting about this on Facebook to support Baldwin. Guess what CPD's public information officer decides to call him and advise him to stop discussing on social media. And this officer, he's the kind of guy who doesn't take highly to bullying. But memo to CPD administrators, there's a little thing called the First Amendment and any first year laws and can tell you government agencies are bound by it. Hello, And what's funny is apparently when this part blew up, my understanding is this public relations officer may have claimed that she called this retired officer who was speaking up not to try to get them to stop posting that online, but to try to help I don't obviously I'd have more questions about that conversation. But here's the thing. If you want to be an effective leader, you need to make your officers feel appreciated. You need to make your retirees feel appreciated, instead of having your current officers feel that you see them as disposable and that when they retire they'll be thrown out like yesterday's garbage. Not announce the respect. I mean, is that the kind of leadership message you want to send.
Speaker 2: I don't seems to me like the whole thing is is really an unforced there, it's it's it's a retirement badge, and and the and the pay for it out of your own pocket, do the paperwork whatever procedures there and just let let it go and move on. I don't know. I just hope this thing gets resolved and gets resolved quickly before it becomes some sort of an issue. But with that, James, we will let you go. Always appreciate the time as always, and we will talk to you again before too long.
Speaker 3: Thank you very much, Dan, always apprivileged.
Speaker 2: All right, James Bogan on fifty five k r CV Talkstation, fifty five KRC dot com. This is Joe Cordell, fifty five k r C the talk station. I want to thank James Bogan for being here. Always always good talking to him, getting his insight on on things. And the video is going to build five hundred, five hundred billion dollar Chip supercomputers in Texas. That is a sound like a really big deal. Have you seen the picture of this guy that set fire to Josh Shapiro's house. The governor of Pennsylvania, thirty eight year old Cody Balmer Harrisburg arrested charge with multiple felonies, including attempted homicide terrorism aggravated at Arson Burglary. This was the early morning attack on the governor's residence yesterday morning, about one three in the morning. Security footage obtained by law enforcement shows this guy breaking in to the piano room on the south side, igniting it with molotov cocktails. Are what they're saying. Molotov cocktails. And trust me, if this guy had any connection to Trump whatsoever, his name and his picture would be all over the news today. Of course, I can't why. I don't know if it is right now. I can't watch the news in here. If we have one. Let me see one, two, three, four, five big TVs in here. Not one of them is connected. So I'm I'm cut off. Sean mcmahonm cut off from the outside world. I love the technology here totally. I'm on an island all to myself here. All I have. My only connection to the outside world is this microphone and this computer in front of me. But this dude I heard this morning, he's throwing molotov cocktails, a favorite tool of the left, and I really could have wound up killing people, but thank god he didn't. But look at a picture of this dude. I mean he looks like he looks like something out of a str very one of those goth kind of horror movies. And this guy just has a very unusual appearance and an appearance you won't soon forget. Coming up after the news here here at the top of the hour, we will be joined by one really one of the great guests I have on my show, Cheryl Chumley, who is the online opinion editor at the Washington Times. And she's an author and a speaker, and Christian and a mother and just a great guest. And we will kick around a whole bunch of different stuff with her, so I certainly hope you can stick around for that. It's Dan Carroll in for Brian Thomas on fifty five KRC, the talk station covering Trump's first one hundred days day, every day.
Speaker 13: Promises Made Promises.
Speaker 2: Kevin fifty five KRC, the talk station. This report is sponsored by a treatment. Fifty five KRC, the talk station. Dan Carroll in for Brian Thomas. Tuesday, It's tax Day, Got to get your taxes in and good morning at TATO five. Glad to be here. Brian Thomas taking the week off and I am here today Wednesday and and then I believe Kevin Gordon will be filling it on Friday, so we are all looking forward to that. We are reaching out to our guests right now. Cheryl Chumley is the online opinion editor and a commentary writer. She's an also an author, a speaker, a Christian mother and just an all round great guest and always want my pleasure to welcome Cheryl Chumley to the show. And Cheryl Chumley, well, welcome to Tax Day twenty twenty five. I'm sure you're you're you're feeling chipper ready to write that giant check to the federal.
Speaker 5: Government, aren't we?
Speaker 2: All right?
Speaker 5: It's such a merit.
Speaker 2: Do you think we should have that the tax day should also be election day? People talk about that every single year, that you're always reminded of how much money you're sending to the government on this day every year. I think, yeah, Sean McMahon, let's let's try and re establish contact with her, because that was that was not good. So Sean McMahon is going to make a phone call and and and get back with Cheryl. Hopefully we'll get we'll get a better line of better contact because that that was not good. That was not good at all. But as I mentioned, she is the online opinion editor at the Washington Times. She's a Christian, a writer, and just a fantastic person to talk to. And I think let's see if we got a better connection this time. And Cheryl Chumley, there you are, and we were talking about tax Day and yeah, and I always find it interesting this time of year. There's always those who suggest that election day should always be on on this day, on the fifteenth, so we're reminded of you know, people that were electing and how much money we're send into the government at the same time.
Speaker 15: Well, that certainly is one way to go about it. I actually think we should have a day of national mourning where we're all allowed to take a day off from mark and just sort of lick our own and reflect.
Speaker 2: Well, if college kids can take the day off because they don't like the way an election goes, certainly we can take the day off and you know more and all the money that we've parted with that goes to the federal government. Let me get your opinion. I want to get your opinion on this. The whole saga going on over the tariffs and China and all the rest of it, and not really all the ins and outs of the tariffs. But I think one of the things I find interesting about this is that there is such a difference of opinion, especially not just between the right and the left on this, but those who are on the right those There are so many people who support Trump that have come out with honest disagreements about his approach to tariffs, the way he's rolling this out, whether or not it's going to be successful. The opinions on this really run the entire spectrum, and I think that is a testament to at least the attempt honest debate that those of us on the right one a half. And it's to my way of thinking, it's refreshing in a way, because when it comes to the left, no matter what it is, we constantly see them circle the wagons and protect and recite the exact same narrative. But at least, you know, those of us on the right can honestly and openly state our disagreements with a particular policy, and and then you know, at the end of the day, move on and try and do it with you with with the ultimate goal being what's best for the country.
Speaker 15: Yeah, it's honest debate based by each side, right, And I agree with you wholeheartedly that within the Republican Party, among the conservative community right now, there are very different opinions with what Trump is doing with the tariffs. But I am personally one hundred percent in favor of what he's doing because I'm not looking at my from k right, I'm not looking at what's going on.
Speaker 11: In Wall Street.
Speaker 15: I'm looking down the line the future of America, both national security and economic independence, and we need to bring back our manufacturing, particularly in certain key areas of the economies, back to America. And Donald Trump is really taking a courageous stand here by being a president who reco and is pushing forward for the internal disputes in his own party. Even so, it's really a long term strategy that's going to benefit America for decades.
Speaker 2: Yeah. The national media was trying to roll out a new narrative over the last few days, and I don't know how much traction this one is going to get, but they were trying to make the case that if Donald Trump brings back all this manufacturing into the United States, and Jonathan carl was essentially he used the term, are we going to become a nation of cobblers because you know these factories, you know, all they do is make is make cell phones, and they make Nike shoes, and as if you know, these are the kind of jobs that are beneath Americans and really don't you know, equate to their definition of the dignity of work, and that Donald Trump wants to belittle American people by having, you know, these types of factory jobs available for the American people. I don't know if they're going to get much traction on that, on that narrative, but they certainly we were trying that out over the last couple of days.
Speaker 15: It's a desperate play, right to Dingish administration. You know, when you said that about a nation of cobblers, the first, the first thing that's sprung to my mind was so what.
Speaker 13: So what I mean?
Speaker 2: Work is work really and if you are an American.
Speaker 16: With impact in your mind, you don't mind putting in the time in all kinds of jobs. When I'm on my growing year, look at the jobs I held. I've worked in factories on assembly lines, I've worked in dry cleaners.
Speaker 15: I've worked some of the craft jobs out there. But that's part of being an American and learning the value of hard work and then when you do that, you realize your success.
Speaker 5: And it means more.
Speaker 15: Right, we're raising a generation of youth in America to look at work is if it's something dirty, is if it's something to be avoided. But that's not how it's supposed to be as part of the human experience, Right, You're supposed to work hard, and then when you achieve success, it means something. So bringing back manufacturing to America, first off, it's good for the country, but those are decent, high paying jobs. And with the also comes the sort of skilled craftsmanship that we used to have in America.
Speaker 2: Instead of cookie.
Speaker 15: Cutter, low paying wage you know, people who construction, people who throw stuff up. We have people who actually look at those trades with value and they develop a craftsmanship with it.
Speaker 3: That's all good for America.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's all good. And when you look at it, there's so there's so many moving parts on this, and I think of a juggler, you know, And I've seen these jugglers at circuses and they've got you know, three balls and then ten balls and then fifteen balls, all one at the same time. And when I look at this situation. I sort of see that that that's the situation right now. Trump hasn't even been in office three months yet, and you've got all these moving parts that are going on, and Trump has set all these different things in motion, and things look like they're going one hundred different directions. But yet when you listen to the national media, they are of the opinion that none of this is working because we don't have any results yet. And when you talk about a giant ship that needs to be turned around, you don't get a more giant ship than the United States economy. And turning that around is going to take, I would suggest a lot, a lot longer than three months. And it is beyond ridiculous to sit there and try to convince people that we should be seeing bottom line results in such a short span of time.
Speaker 15: Yeah, Tromp has the brilliant strategy, right, is working as the puppet mass pulling a straight hair sur there.
Speaker 13: Right.
Speaker 15: Then you've got time manga types in the meat just playing a whack a mole game of trying to gain hid every which way they can. And you have those in America who are worried about their own financial their own financial soundness, very valid, right, But they also have to understand that the media is purposely hyping the hysteria over what Donald Trump is doing and purposely ignoring the long term gains that his strategy will bring for political reasons simply to destroy this administration, destroy MAGA, and to go back to a time in America where it was a Chinese system of communist capitalism that was being steamrolled at the bequest of the World Economic Form through the White House, into America's economy.
Speaker 11: So there's a faction.
Speaker 15: In America that is purposely trying to use Donald Trump's strategy against him. I think most Americans, though, are on the side of what Donald Trump is doing because they see the sense. They see the sense of bringing back prescriptions right manufacturing to America, and what he's doing with chips one of the greatest things that I've seen come out of the White House in years. We need to bring back chips assembly and manufacturing to America. That is definitely a national security issue.
Speaker 2: Yeah, chips, rare, earth minerals, pharmaci, all the rest of it. We cannot be beholden to these companies and subject to the whims or supply chain issues, and you know, there's a China said the other day that it's going to put a pause or temporarily stop shipping rares minerals not only to the United States but to other countries around the world. And we just can't let ourselves fall victim to that sort of whim in the future. Cheryl Chumley, stay right there. We've got to get a quick break in here, and we will be back with you momentarily. So let's go ahead and do that, and we will continue on fifty five KRC, the Talk Station. Fifty five KRC, the Talk station. Are you looking for a Peaceful Place? For eight nineteen on this Tuesday morning, Dan Carroll for Brian Thomas, continuing our conversation with Cheryl Chumley, the online opinion editor of The Washington Times. And Cheryl Chumley, did you happen to see the meeting in the Oval Office yesterday with the President of Al Salvador and Donald Trump is there? You know, he's got all the media in there, He's fielding questions and you know they're talking about this dude that got deported and all the rest of it. And Caitlin Collins is you know, trying to pin down Trump and I just thought it was great because you've got Marco Rubio in there, You've got Pambody in there, You've got Steven Miller in there, and Jay eve Ans was there, and Donald Trump is not afraid to toss it out to someone who may have more expertise than him to handle these different questions. And I thought the way Marco Rubio laid it out was just fantastic. And if you look at Marco Rubio, I think that guy's just been doing a great job.
Speaker 17: So far, hasn't he though. Okay, so first off, I didn't see it, but I've read the headline and I've read a little bit about it. But Marco Rubio is, without a doubt, one of the strongest members of Donald Trump's administration. And I just think back when he and Donald Trump we are going at it on the campaign trail. It's just it really speaks so high lee of both Donald Trump and Marco Rubio and many in the Republican Party itself who are able to push aside petty politics to come together for the greater good of America first.
Speaker 11: And it's just.
Speaker 17: It's amazing to see Marco Rubio defend this nation. He's strong he's dead on with his communication, his bullet points. He's unafraid and honestly, he's emerging as presidential material himself.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he wrote an op ed for the for Fox that that I read yesterday on the air, and it was it was just it's so plain spoken, it's so brilliant, it's so easy to understand, and it's uh that there's no equivocating what so on or whatsoever. And he's he's essentially saying, look, these are the policies of the United States, these are the policies of this president. And that is and these are the policies that we're going to follow. That's the bottom line, no ifs ands or butts. And I mean, he really is acquitting himself quite well and making the trumpet really I think making you know, it's like this. When Reagan was president, Reagan always talked about how it was important to surround yourself with people who are smarter than you in different areas because you can't be an expert on everything. And I think Trump, once he finally got that message, has really put a lot of good people around himself this time around.
Speaker 17: He has and sticking with Marco Rubio for a second you know, when he first emerged in politics and he made his presidential run and he was trying to move up the political ladder, he struck many times to me watching him as a little bit angry and sometimes even petty, a little bit uncontrolled with his emotions, too ready to get in the fray, to get in the dirt and so forth. And now it just seems like every time I hear him, see him, listen to his words, he seems very statesmanlike. And it's just it is refreshing. It's not just Marco Rubio. Donald Trump has really take some great people to surround himself with this time. And I think this is why he's having such great success, because the opposition sure hasn't turned down, right, the opposition is still as present and as vigorous as it was from his first administration.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I saw the other day a side by side video of Janet Yellen and then you know, talking about uh, you know, economic treasury policy. And then I saw, you know, the other side was Scott the scent. I mean, you talk about night and day. It's it could it couldn't have been any more different. I don't have you seen the video that Bill Maher put out after his dinner with Donald Trump and Kid Rock.
Speaker 17: I saw clips of it, not the whole thing.
Speaker 2: Ye's clip, but it's it's it's amazing. And I'm you know, I'm gonna give props to Bill Maher for coming out and and talking honestly about what he saw at the White House and and what his interaction with Donald Trump is like. And I find it interesting that a couple of days after, you know, he know, he talked about his revelations and his time his conversations with Donald Trump, that he's being criticized from those on the left who are calling him a sellout or a useful idiot for Trump and a propaganda's for Trump because he's giving his honest assessment of what his time in the White House with Trump is. And I think this is, you know, even more of a reveal of what the left is really like when it comes to people being honest and trying to have an honest you know, they're always the ones to talk about we have to have an honest discussion or an honest conversation about these sorts of things. But when you try to do that, they're the ones that always do everything they can to shut it down, Yes.
Speaker 17: And I do agree that he does get, you know, kudos for him for meeting with Trump in the White House and then coming out and reporting accurately, even though it put his own prior views in a bad light on what he experienced at the White House. But on the other hand, I'm kind of you know, I look at him and I think, well, where were you all this? You know, Trump has an exactly changed. What happened is that he was willing right that Bill Maher himself was willing to give the guy a chance and to move past his own internal biases and step outside his own pro like bubble that has become the Democrat Party, a bunch of marching Marxists, all beating the same drum. Right, he was willing finally to give this president a chance. But had he been willing to do that in you know, twenty sixteen to twenty twenty, then he may have been seeing a different tune back then as well. So it's sort of like, yay, you know, good for you, but where have you been?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Good point, So Cheryl Tellley, we'll let you go. But before we do that, are you feeling Are you feeling better? Are you feeling more empowered as a woman today, now that Katy Perry and Gail King and Jeff Bezos' girlfriend took their trip up into space, and you know, with the historic flight of six women up in the space capsule, I'm.
Speaker 17: Actually feeling a little bit jealous. I wish I could have been on that place. I don't know about empowered more.
Speaker 2: Jealous Cheryld Chumley, always great having you on. I always appreciate it. And best of luck with all the books and all the other things you have going on. And until the next time we have a chance to talk again, I'll really look forward to it. But Cheryl Chumley, thank you as always.
Speaker 17: All right, thank you, Happy Easter, all right, I have you.
Speaker 2: Thank you very much, Cheryl Chumley of the Washington Times. On fifty five KRC, the Talk station, fifty five KRC, you do, fifty five KRC the Talk Station eight thirty on this Tuesday morning, Tax Day twenty twenty five. Dan Carroll hanging out for Brian Thomas and get to welcome in another great guest. Steve Gorham is the executive director of the Climate Science Coalition of America. He is the author of four books on energy, climate change, and sustainable development. He's got over one hundred thousand copies in print. His latest book is The Green Breakdown Becoming Renewable Energy Failure. And Steve gorm it is great once again to welcome you to the radio and fifty five KRC. How are you today, sir?
Speaker 11: Hey Dan, I'm doing great, great to join you on this text day.
Speaker 2: Yeah, tax day. I hope you've got all your I'm sure you do. I'm sure you've got everything squared away and you're ready. Yeah. Absolutely, absolutely, I did.
Speaker 11: Way too much. But well, we have huge, huge changes going on in climate policy and energy right now, just big big things.
Speaker 2: Absolutely. I mean, before we get to that, let me ask you a question. You know, we live in historic time, sure, And of course we had the spectacle yesterday of the Blue Origin rocketing into space and the six women up there doing god knows what they were, and we've got the audio of what they were doing up there. But before the before the rocket took off, CBS was doing an interview with a former astronaut, doctor May Jamison, and one of the comments she made talking about the importance of this historic space flight was that that she claimed, and I don't know how the spaceflight figures into this. But she claimed that the Earth already no longer has an atmosphere that supports our life form. And I'm looking at that and I'm thinking about that, Well, if the Earth is not supporting our life form, how is it that you and I are here in order to have this this discussion today, and that she's out there still drawing breath.
Speaker 11: Yeah, I'm not sure what she meant what she meant about that, that's I mean, she did she mentioned climate at all. Is that what she was alluding to? Because but again, while she was.
Speaker 2: Talking about how you know, we're all humans and we're all connected to the Earth, and you know, when you go up and view the Earth from you know, wherever they were reviewing it from, you know, it makes it makes you realize how fragile the Earth is and that the you know that somehow we you know, we just don't aren't able to support life here on Earth anymore.
Speaker 11: Humans certainly have had a big, a big impact on the surface of the Earth. Of course, we've we have farmed it, and we have cut down force. We've done a lot of things to transform the surface of the Earth. I don't know if the atmosphere has changed that much. So you know, even the amounts that that humans emit in terms of carbon dioxide is only about one or two percent of well it's it's less than five percent of the CO two that nature puts into the atmosphere by itself. So we're pretty small in terms of what's going on with the atmosphere. So I don't really understand her comments there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, as CBS was also making the point that scientific experiments we're being conducted on this flight. You know, the whole thing lasted eleven minutes. I don't know how to Are you aware of any scientific experiments that can be conducted in that spenting time?
Speaker 11: That's a short one. Well, they probably had some electronic sensors that were sensing something, but you know, uh, one of the things mister Trump has said is that in his administration is a NASA now and this wasn't a NASA thing. I think it was a private thing. But NASA must stick to space and and and flights into space, and they're no longer able to do climate anymore. Really a tremendous change, and they're cutting about two thirds of the budget that's associated anyway with climate change. At NASA. So there's just some huge, huge policy changes in process.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and speaking of Trump, Trump put out a an executive order that deals with American energy and it talks about overreach and and things like that. How does that play into the whole the whole scope of of climate policy in the United States.
Speaker 11: Yeah, this just happened last week, and this is a big deal. The President issued an executive order called Protecting American Energy from State Overreach, and he said that that state laws we're seeking to regulate energy beyond their constitutional statutory authorities, and he actually called them extortion laws, and he mentioned New York, in Vermont, in California, and he directed the US Attorney General of Pam Bondi to identify these laws that were burdening domestic energy resources or may or may not be unconstitutional, preempted by federal law, or otherwise unenforceable, within sixty days, and to recommend actions to change this. So we're actually going to have the federal government that are suing the states for their climate laws. This has not happened to my knowledge, to any extent over the last years. Really a huge change, and we haven't heard much about it in the press.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Well, if the press has are away anything that doesn't fit their particular climate narrative, we won't hear much about it at all. I want to ask you about solar panels and windmills, but we got to get to a quick break here, So Steve Gorham, if you would just hang on and we'll get right back to you as we roll on on fifty five KRC, the Talk station.
Speaker 4: This is fifty five KARC and iHeartRadio station, the.
Speaker 2: Talk station, continuing our conversation with Steve Gorham, Executive director of the Climate Science Coalition of America and Steve Gorham. One of the things that Donald Trump has done is the imposed tariffs on China. And this is going to have a pretty major effect on China because they send us so many solar panels and so many elements that are involved in the construction of an operating of the windmills and the turbines and all that kind of stuff.
Speaker 11: Yeah, this is gonna be the biggest impact. He has kept ten percent tariffs on every nation. He also has twenty five percent on steel, aluminum, and automobiles. He's pretty much backed off on everything else. I think he's negotiating there negotiating with more than one hundred countries now over the next ninety days. But China has not said they want to negotiate. They've just retaliated with terraffs, and so now China and the US both have terrors over one hundred percent on imports and exports, I think, And this is really, as you say, this is going to hammer a renewable energy equipment. Eighty percent of the world's solar cells and panels are made by China or they are using components from China. Also, these big grid scale batteries that California and New York and some other states want to put in place to back up wind and solar, most of those batteries or at least the metals for the batteries come from China. And so these prices are going to skyrocket. It's going to have a huge impact and just another problem with green equipment, green energy. It's just going to stop stop by green energy and its tracks.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and with all the subsidies that are being cut off as well, we are seeing and the reports still come int almost daily of this wind farm that is shutting down, this solar panel project that has run out of money, and I don't know if I've had a chance to ask you about this, but I know I read an article not that long ago talking about once these solar panels come to the end of their life, that we really don't have a good way to dispose of these solar panels because I guess they're necessarily going to have to go into a landfill. But there's so many toxic chemicals that are involved in producing these solar panels that eventually these things leach out into the ground and calls all sorts of other problems as well well.
Speaker 11: I think I think most of our landfills now have canvas and other things to prevent stuff from leaching. But the amount of waste really is huge.
Speaker 14: You know.
Speaker 11: It's when you're using hydrocarbons, you're basically burning up the fuel and there's nothing left except the water, vapor and the carbon acid that goes in the atmosphere. And you don't replace power plants, you know, maybe once every fifty sixty years, but if you're replacing the solar panels every twenty years. Now in California, for example, our federal agencies have said it costs about twenty to twenty five dollars to try and recycle materials from a solar panel, but you only get about four dollars worth of useful metals out of it, and if you were to send it to the landfill and only cost one or two dollars. So nobody's going to recycle these things unless there's huge state or federal subsidies to do so, they're going to send them to landfills. And so as we put more and more of these in, we send them to landfills. And you know, I sent you a little image of this picture in New York, which is also in my last book, Green Breakdown. There's a congressman standing next to this huge pile of wind turbine blades, which is thirty forty feet high in New York. And when the wind turbines blades we're out, they have to top them up or burn them. They're too big for landfills. It's it's really a significant problem that is getting bigger and bigger as we put more of these things in.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm looking I'm looking at it right now. It is. It is an astonishing photograph, and I think, really it gets to the point of just the absolute mountain of waste that these things create all. Have you been surprised at all by the amount of waste, fraud and abuse that Lee Zeldon has uncovered at the EPA.
Speaker 11: Well, I you know, it really is amazing. And you know, mister Musk and his doage group has gone through a lot of those and I just I just wrote an article about the Department of Defense. Pete Haigseth has said, we do not do climate change crap, and he's cutting out all the climate programs. But to listen to some of these programs. They published a paper in twenty twenty two lauding the things they did in they did in climate. This was the US Navy lauding the difference different things they did for the climates. And one of them was studying climate change in the Mekong Delta of Vietnam with the government of Vietnam. This is a Navy project. Another one was a California organic recycling and composting Another one was a partnership with the Armed Forces of Ghana to combat vector born diseases. This is the United States Navy putting money out for these things. None of these things improved Navy military readiness in any way, of course, And this is just and you know, I just found this. Look at online that stuff that the Navy was publishing. There's this, there's this analyst amounts of this government money that's going into stuff that doesn't do anything really useful as far as military purposes.
Speaker 2: Oh, you know, it wasn't that long ago. We had a commander in chief and a chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff tell our graduating cadets at the Army and our midshipman at the Navy that the number one threat to America was climate change. You know that, never mind Russia, never mind North Korea, never mind China, it's climate change. And I love this chart you put out of US military emissions by service and equipment type, and you know, you've got the Air Force has got fifty six percent of emissions, and then you know, different aircraft than the Navy. And then you got a little small sliver down there with the Marine Corps only puts out five percent of our emissions. That would figure that. You know, they're probably the most efficient out of all the military services. And they've got you know, the I guess, the smallest carbon footprint you can possibly have.
Speaker 11: That came from the Department of Defense and President Biden hit them all marching down this We're going to do climate stuff. I mean, the Army even was going to take all of its field technical vehicles, including the heavy ones, including tanks, and run them on electric engines. And they also they were developing battlefield chargers. If you can imagine, they're going to drive chargers out, sit them somewhere and have these tanks sitting next to them for an hour or two at a time. I mean, this stuff is fantasy. It does nothing for our military capability. It's just there for climates. And uh and Pete higgstuff is cutting all this stuff out.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, thank god. I don't I don't know how anyone in their right mind could look at that and in a practical sense think that that that that is a good idea. And you know, Steve Gornam, I mean that that's the thing to me, with so much of this stuff that in a practical sense and when you know, when you talk about the economics of it, and you you know, and everything else that goes into all the you know, the different wind turbines and the solar panels and green energy this and the biofuels and everything else that and on on an economic sense. You know, none of this stuff exists but for government subsidies. And once you wipe those out, well, these these things they fold like a chief suit.
Speaker 11: Yeah, we're gonna have a lot of bankruptcies too with all this stuff. As you say, cutting funding across all these different industry, they're also laying off a lot of headcount. I mentioned NASA and Noah, but they're coming headcount. The Environmental Protection Agency, they just shut down a museum at the Environmental Protection Agency. They had their own museum, but it costs per visitor. It was costing them over three hundred dollars because they didn't have any visitors. The museum was expensive. Well, anyway, lies eld In, the shuttle it down. The Federal Energy Management Agency is shutting down their climate programs as well. And if you have anything, any research project that says climate on it, that is going away in the federal government. Mister Trump is completely transforming at top to bottom.
Speaker 2: So with your book is green breakdown? The coming renewable energy failure? Are we already here? Have we reached that stage already with the renewable energy failure? Is that upon us right now?
Speaker 11: Now? This is quicker than I expected. I thought this would take several decades, and it probably will around the world, but mister Trump is accelerating this green breakdown. It's a very readable book. It has the science, economics, and also got one hundred and fifty color side bars. One of those is this headline Britain's advice to stop showering to conserve energy, and there was also a minister in Switzerland who said that people should shower with a friend to conserve energy. But you know, these are the crazy things that are going on. But the book captures all this funny stuff and gives people the real background they need to see the crazy state the world is in and how it's going to change.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know, you and I always talk when these world climate gatherings take place, you know, under the auspices of the United Nations or whatever organization it is. If the United States no longer is going to participate in these sort of events, do they have any impact, any meaning at all? If the United States isn't there.
Speaker 11: Well, right off the bat, there's about eight billion dollars a year that comes out of it. Mister Trump has shut that off. As part of the USAID they were giving money, and then the US federal government was giving money that's been shut off. And it is a big thing. And I do think that this is different than his first term. I think the world is ready. By the way, a friend of mine, doctor Benny Piyser in Europe, says, the people are just jaded with his climate stuff. He thinks more than half the population over there doesn't believe what leaders is telling him anymore. So I think we're about to see a big revolution. People are going to get out of the climate business. We're going to get back to sensible energy policy. But it is going to take quite a bit more for this to occur.
Speaker 2: Well, you know, and I don't know if you want to answer this question or not, but with all this money that was changing hands, what percentage of that was finding its way into the pockets of a lot of these people who promote this sort of thing.
Speaker 11: Well, there is a bunch of that, I think, Leezelden and the EPA has pointed out that there was something like twenty billion dollars that the EPA granted in the last couple of months of the Trump administry two a number of non governmental organizations to do climate stuff. It went to I think the City Bank or somebody. There really wasn't a lot of audit on it or tracking, just a big shoveling of money. So you know, I've always said the biggest, the bigger government gets, the more waste you have. And we really need a lean government. We need to get back to the markets and let companies do their sorts of thing. And these these programs that forced everybody to do certain things to try and save the climate are really very foolish.
Speaker 2: All right, well, Steve Gorham, with that, we will let you go. If people want to find out more about you and the Climate Science Coalition of America, how do they do that?
Speaker 11: Go to my website Steve Gorham dot com. G O R E H A M. I'll send them a signed copy of any of my four books they can order. They can also get them on Amazon and there are e books available as well.
Speaker 2: Steve Gorham always appreciate the time, Thank you, sir, and we'll do it again before too long.
Speaker 11: Thank you, Dan.
Speaker 2: All right, there you go, Steve Gorham, the client the Climate Science Coalition of America. A little late for a break here on fifty five krc DE Talk.
Speaker 5: Station fifty five krc.
Speaker 2: Well, just about one minute left to go here, and I want to thank all the great guests I had today. James Bogan was here and we talked about some local stuff. I may have Ken Cober on tomorrow to talk about this this fifteen to fifteen year old kid out there running around with a gun and allegedly killing people, and apparently he's had multiple multiple contacts with the juvenile system, And I mean, is there anything we can do about that at all? I don't know, So we'll kick that around with Ken Cober tomorrow. But I want to thanks James, James Bogan, Cheryl Chumley from the Washington Times, and then Steve warm from the Climate Coalition of America. Just always great to have those fox with those folks on Sean McMahon, Thank you for everything. We will see you tomorrow, bright and early, five am. And until then, have a great day. Dan Carroll for Brian Thomas on fifty five krc B Talk Station