Speaker 1: Welcome to dorking Out. My name is Sonia Mansfield, and we'd like to get to the point where Connor is everywhere like oxygen or gravity or clinical depression. Joining me is my podcasting sister from another mister in the coast of dorking Out, Margo d Hello, my friend.
Speaker 2: Ever since I was born, I was dope.
Speaker 1: It's true true, Margo has always been dope. We are dorking out about twenty sixteen's pop star Never Stop, Never Stopping, directed by Akiva Schaeffer and Jorma to Cone. I hope I pronounced that right. And it's written by Andy Samberg and Schaeffer and to Cone, also known as The Lonely Island, and it stars Andy Samberg. Oh, it stars Lonely Island plus a million people, Sarah Silverman, Tim Meadows, Meyra, Rudolph, Joe Cusa, Oh my god, every Michael Bolton's in there, Levine, so many people.
Speaker 2: Rinko starved. They got a beatle.
Speaker 1: Yeah, justin Timberlake. I loved Bill Hayters as the roadie that is into flatlining in his spare time. Weird Al Yankovic shows up. Oh, so many people, so good. I'm going to guess, like pretty much everyone else, you didn't see this in the theater.
Speaker 2: I didn't see this in the theater. And I saw it I think like a year or two later, yeah, or maybe it was like a you know, people had a year end thing and they would I think it was JB on f this movie who put this at his top ten and he said, like, no one talks about this movie and it's so funny. I'm like, fine, JB, I will check this out and decide for myself. And I was cracking up. I'm like, why did I know about the sooner?
Speaker 1: I also didn't see it in the theater. And I do love Lonely Island and think they're really funny, but I didn't see it because I really thought it was like purely a parody of like Justin Timber. I'm sorry of Justin Bieber. And I don't know anything about Justin Bieber.
Speaker 2: Are you not a believer?
Speaker 1: I'm not a believer, Believe it or not, I'm not a believer.
Speaker 2: I'm not either, except lately the way he's been behaving towards his wife, Hayley. We'll talk about that later.
Speaker 1: But yeah, not good, Okay, good to know I I don't know any of his songs. I didn't and I'm not like, oh, humble Bragg, I don't know any of his songs. I legit, don't. I just don't because I'm not new music is none of my business.
Speaker 2: Wait till I tell you the top ten for this week. Oh my god.
Speaker 1: So when I and he Justin Bieber even he had his own like concert movie that had come out that was like Justin Bieber Never Stop or something. So I totally thought this was just a spoof of that, and I was like, well, I don't know anything about that. So I did and watch it, and then finally I think it was JB's list that I was also like fond if JB thinks it's funny, and I watched it and it's so fucking funny, Like it's just funny.
Speaker 2: It captures a time so well. And by the way it's based, they got a lot of crowd footage. It was based also kind of mocking One Direction. Yeah, and there was they had a they had a movie and I know somebody who directed that movie. He was a documentary producer. So he spent like a year on the road with One Direction. I've seen some shit that in the Pixies and I was like, oh my god, that must have been so funny. He's like, no, they were not fun one direction.
Speaker 1: Yes, that makes sense to me. Yeah, but also the movie isn't a spoof just of Justin Bieber. It's the idea that the Lonely Island Boys, you know, we're basically a Beastie Boys type, right. Thing. That's the whole thing they darted. Is this like childhood friends who kind of turned into a rap back called the Style Boys, and one of them kind of pops more than the others. So he goes solo and that's the Andy Samberg Connor for real is his name, and he does a solo album that just explodes, so he becomes really huge. So it's also a spoof of like in sync. You know, he's got some Justin Timberlake writsout him.
Speaker 2: It's also it is like goes in the tradition of even like yeah, of spoof band like documentaries, like yes, there's the beginning, there's an ascendancy. They hate each other and then they get back together.
Speaker 1: Yes, so and that's you know, Spinal Tab did it the best. That's the one that we all hold up to the top.
Speaker 2: Right, there's the Ruddles, which is really old, but that was like Mandy Python making fun of the Beatles. Yes, did you ever see that?
Speaker 1: I have not. I know of it, but I've never seen.
Speaker 2: It because there's a whole thing where they talk about that, the that the Ruttles. You know, the Beatles had a thing where they all of a sudden discovered LSD and they were all freaky and weird. And for the Ruddles, it was all tea parties and they were just getting high from k like drinking too much tea.
Speaker 1: I should watch this, I think are really really funny.
Speaker 2: I do too. Yeah, and then I'm trying to think of oh, Fear of a Black Hat. We talked about that. We were thinking of that one too, but yeah, I thought two movies.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's it would have been a lot. I do think that they would make a great double I think Fear of the Black Hat is really really really really really really funny. It's really funny. It always makes me laugh. So if you watch this one and you like it, maybe check out Fear of the Black Hat, which is kind of a mockumentary for rap groups.
Speaker 2: Like Okua and came up with a free idea for somebody out there. What Morgan Wallen, those cheese see country music douchebags. Somebody should do that. Yes, the guy that walked off sat Night.
Speaker 1: Yeah, give me back to God's Country, right, Yes, that is right.
Speaker 2: It is charity.
Speaker 1: There's also a whole bunch of like artists that well, I mean, he might fall into that, but there's like, I think they're calling him voice audition singers. Have you seen. It's like these dudes acoustic guitar and they all sound the same and it's their audition for the show The Voice. And I'm like, yeah, all those.
Speaker 2: America's got talent and all those shows.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I would watch that one too.
Speaker 2: Did you hear Chapel Rowan tried out for American Idol and didn't even make it, Like she tried out four times.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you see, that's because they are That is always so fascinating to me, because they're looking for a certain yeah thing, and if you don't fit in that, like she's not gonna fit in that.
Speaker 2: I mean, Bob Dylan wouldn't make it, Neil Young wouldn't make it. I mean there's a you know, Stevie Nicks wouldn't because they would just say, like, now your voice isn't this or this, so it's I can't do anything with it. Yeah, So, I mean there's something to be said. People say, like, you don't actually want to win American American Idol because you're stuck in a horrible contract. If you're like in the top five, you could probably do really well.
Speaker 1: That's true. I mean, Jennifer Hudson didn't win.
Speaker 2: No, and Kelly Clarkson didn't win, right, it was just a new one.
Speaker 1: She did win, she was the first, but I think no, maybe Fantasia one. But Clay Aiken didn't win.
Speaker 2: Yeah, fuck her. I hate him. I never liked him.
Speaker 1: I mean, Kelly Clarkson.
Speaker 2: Is like my she's the standard. Yeah, well Carrie got Underwood. She didn't win, that is correct.
Speaker 1: She didn't win, No, or maybe did she win. I don't know. At a certain point I bailed. But yeah, also, fuck carry Underwood.
Speaker 2: She sucks. So she's the most humorless person ever.
Speaker 1: And she's in here for like a second. Yeah, and I'm like, well, this is the best thing you've ever done other than your cover of a Loan by Heart when you are on American Idol. That's it. Those are the two good things you've ever done. Carrie Underwood, she's not I'm not a fan. Bruss the Street if you ever see one of us, that's right, smash your car both headlights before you cheat. Yeah, I love that. Connor's first solo album is called Thriller also, and the opening song of this movie is I'm So Humble. It's my favorite of all the songs because it makes me laugh stupid heart every time. It's all about how he's so humble. But he's bragging about how humbly is all the holograms because this is around the time they did that hologram of Tupac Yes at Coachella or something, so like holograms worth things. So like he's performing with like a hologram of Adam Levine and they're like at one point there's like multiple Adam Levine's and he's like toworking on himself. It's it is just it is so. Do you have a favorite song that they perform in the movie?
Speaker 2: Oh God, you I fuck you asked me that question. I'm blanking keep going.
Speaker 1: Okay, I will keep going. I'm like, did I download? Did I put the soundtrack in here?
Speaker 2: No? I can look up the soundtrack.
Speaker 1: Yeah talking okay, well I'm so hungry. They're also good. There's also the Equal Rights one where it's just like but it's like gay. Yeah, I'm not gay, but if I was, i'd want equal with like everything is like, you know, blank blank blank, but I'm not gay. I'm not gay. I'm not gay. And that's when they cut to Ringo Star and he's like, he's writing a song about gay marriage, like it's not allowed, but it's allowed now.
Speaker 2: It's just so.
Speaker 1: And then Tim Meadows plays the manager for Connor for Real, and his thing is he used to be in Tony Tony Tony Tony with the question Mark and they kicked him out of the band, so now they're just Tony Tony Tony And Sarah Silverman is his publicist and they are doing this documentary. He is releasing his second album called Conquest, and he's got all of his fans, his confidants, and he's gonna go on this big tour to promote his album. And the album debuts and it tanks. It gets a shit emoji from Rolling Stone, it gets like, it gets one good review. It's in the Onion. This whole episode is gonna be me giggling. I love that he's like and it's from the onion like he doesn't know he has he's not speaking to one of the members of the Style Boys. That's Akiva Schaeffer who plays Kid Brain, and kid Brain was the one who wrote all the lyrics and was, you know, the brains of the operation. They had a falling out over who wrote a song and he has not forgiven him. So now he works on a farm like where he is growing pot and has lots of animals. And then his other Style Boy is Kid Contact and that's Jamora Tacone and he stayed on as a DJ because he I don't know, he just wants to go along for the ride.
Speaker 2: He's the Michael Anthony of them. And that's you don't know the story of Sonia. So van Halen lost David Lee Roth and then they get Sammy Hagard and they had another guy, right, So the van Halen lore is Eddie van Halen and Alex took Michael Mike. The four of them, the original four split everything equally in the songwriting credits and then years later, sometime in the nineties, and Michael Anthony was always with them always toured right, no matter who the singer was. And Eddie and Alex took away his song rights from him, and they basically made him a working member of the band, no longer a band member, like they suck because they sucked. Sorry, but anyway, it's like do this or nothing, you know, And so he's that's the deal he's taking. He's like fine, and then they put a mask on round, this giant electronic mask on his face.
Speaker 1: It's like like he deaf punk I guess is what they're And it's like this really heavy head that shoots a crazy beam at the top and it's like hurting his back. And also he he everything he does in the show, it's just he hits play on an iPod.
Speaker 2: I know. It's so sad bad. I mean, on the one hand, you could think, well, it's an easy way to make money. I mean, seriously, I would do that. I'll wear that helmet for sure and just dance there like an idiot. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but he used to be equal partners and now he is relegated to hitting play on an iPod and wearing a gigantic helmet that is crippling, like hurting his back and he's sweating to death too. So the album comes out and yeah, it gets the shit emoji from Rolling Stone. It's a total bomb. He's also like made a deal with a company called Aqua Spin and that's Meyer Rudolph shows up as an executive from there where they've now uploaded all of his music to your appliances.
Speaker 2: So every time you open the fridge you hear him or the microwave. You know what. They're making fun of you too, Yes, because you two had a record, had an album whatever you want to call it, and it was a free download from iPods and Apple, and people were so fucking enraged.
Speaker 1: So funny because it was actually a.
Speaker 2: Good album and like, yeah's a shit. You could delete it, you know, you swipe left and delete. It's no big deal, but people freaked the fuck out.
Speaker 1: Yeah it was. You bought a new iPod and it came with Vertigo, right, I think that was the name of the album. Yeah, and it's a it's a good album and it's you two and they're great, like and if you don't like it, that's yeah.
Speaker 2: Like you deleted. It was just automatically. It was automatically downloaded to people's iPods and they were like, how damn you, I don't And I'm like, it's a thing you could take off right away. You know.
Speaker 1: People are so weird.
Speaker 2: Yeah they are.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but the idea of these people just trying to like get a drink out of the refrigerator and it's like, ah, so humble every time they open any of their appliances. We see him. He goes on tour and that's when we get to see Bill. Bill Hayter as Zippy the Roadie.
Speaker 2: Boos into flatlining because he likes the movie Flat Riders, which is a movie we covered by the way.
Speaker 1: Yes, but they they like wake him up, like shock him, and he's like, did I ship my pants? And doctors all?
Speaker 2: Not this time.
Speaker 1: There's just so many jokes. Yes, joke joke, joke, joke joke.
Speaker 2: You could watch a lot of SNL people in there, which is yeah.
Speaker 1: And Joe Cusack National Treasure. Joe Cusack plays Connor Perrele's mom who just parties with everyone and she's like doing coke and all. She's just so not even not a stage mom at all. She's just like, I guess, a backstage mom. She just she wants to be a groupie at some point, he's staying at his mom's house because his mom is on tour with like Fallout Boys something like she just wants to party. Justin Timberlake is like his personal chef who takes so much joy and watching Connor eat the food that he prepares, like they keep showing him like in the background, watching him eat and he's like so happy. I'm surprised Justin Timberlake isn't in this more considering, but maybe he was doing his.
Speaker 3: He's in He's the right amount for me, but yeah, no, no, no, I'm like, I'm not saying we need more of him in there, but like he I'm kind of surprised because they do a lot together.
Speaker 1: Another one of the funny songs I wanted to shout out was one called Finest Girl and it's like I want you to fuck me, like we fucked Bin Laden dancers dressed like Bin Laden and it's so stupid that I mean, it's but it's also so fucking funny. And if you've ever seen their digital shorts, like you know what you're in for. It's I love the digital shorts. They're all yeah, so great. I think Sarah Silverman is really great as the publicist who doesn't listen to his music. She's like, but it makes a lot of people. And you think she's gonna say happy, but she says it makes a lot of people a lot of money.
Speaker 2: Oh my god.
Speaker 1: He also has a song about how Mona Lisa is an ugly piece of shit. I'm sorry, I keep remembering different songs and they keep popping into my head. So because his concert is uh, because ism is trash and nobody likes it. He's concert or things.
Speaker 2: In my jeep. Sorry, I didn't think my cheek, it's e.
Speaker 1: They're gonna keep popping up.
Speaker 2: They're just gonna get white boys. Shit, I'm just looking at it. Donkey roll, he loves Donkey Roll. They're putting the names here. They're pretty Kirk Douglas as one of the producers. Like that can't be right. Oh no he is what Yeah, there's a kid named Kirk Douglass. Oh my god, he's for real. Okay, sorry, mister Douglas. I honestly I think about the guy that waved Natalie.
Speaker 1: Would Yeah, I think different, different.
Speaker 2: Oh. J Plimpton, Hey, Yahoans Paradise. Oh my god, these songs there're sex with a ghost, Michael Bolton incredible thoughts.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the Michael Bolton one is pretty pretty funny too, Turn Up, Turn Up the Beef with Emma Stone as the singer. What's the other one that makes there's if should I move? Where he's all about like should he buy a second mansion? Oh my god, it's so funny.
Speaker 2: Deal at the scene with Seal Yeah he okay, let's say so. He he does a wardrobe change on stage and Andy Samberg. He basically like there's the They put a curtain around him basically and up and down that changes is out. But he's supposed to switch into a tuxedo but he's totally nude, but he tucks his dick in between him legs, so he looks like a eunuch and people are like making fun cracking him up. So are cracking up about it. So he's this object of ridicule. So they're like, you have to change the story. So he's gonna he's gonna propose to his girlfriend Image in Poots. Yes, and he so they take her to this location where there's like wolves. It's outside and there's wolves for some reason, and then Steal.
Speaker 1: She had a dream or a psychic told her that Ashley was a wolf in her past life.
Speaker 2: Oh, and then Seal is there singing to them, and then like the wolves go crazy, and then Seal has to fight off the wolves. He says that I could do this, That's why you think I got my scars. So they almost kill him.
Speaker 1: And then he like, Sue is going to see Seal is going to sue Connor because the wolves like really fucked him up and stuff like that. Also, when the whole thing with he has no dick, it's the it's like the top story on CNN and the headline says, Connor for real has no dick.
Speaker 2: It's just so dub.
Speaker 1: Right before that, because ticket sales were so bad, he brings an opening act on and it's a rapper, who, oh my god, where's his name. It's like Hunter, what's his name? Hunter the Shit? Sorry, no, it's Hunter the Hungry, that's his name. It's Chris Red who used to be on Saturday Night Live too. And they have this whole thing where they're playing all these pranks on each other and so he's like, maybe it was me that pranked you, and that's why now everyone thinks you have no dick. And he's all but maybe it wasn't me all this stuff, and then at one point he says to him, like, you know, where the fuck was your dick doing. But they as as Connor for Real starts to tank like Hungry the Hunter Hunter the Hungry is starting to rise, so like a lot of the people are coming to the show just to see him and not Connor. So there they start to be at odds, and I think that's when Connor like quits, he quits the tour. He's like, I'm not doing it anymore, and he like goes back to his mom's house and Sacramento. He's like drinking all day and like drawing like very childish looking pictures of horses and then selling them on eBay. And that's when his friend the kid the DJ one sorry Kid Contact, is like, I'm I saw this movie called parent Trap and I'm gonna and I'm tryna parent trap this ship. Like I'm gonna secure.
Speaker 2: Old movie and they mean them. They need the updated one, by the way.
Speaker 1: They and he's like, I'm gonna, I'm gonna get Connor for Real and Kid Brain in the same limo together and they are going to work it out. They'll they'll instantly apologize because they are old, old friends, and he is convinced that that is going to work. And so they get in the limo and they're both just sitting there, like not apologizing to each other and being mad.
Speaker 2: And and first you see a girl in a thong and her ass she's like, I love Connor, and that's there the whole time. And then they're arguing back and forth, and then there's huge breasts in the window, and then you and I were just talking about this over the thes so.
Speaker 1: It cuts away and then it comes back and it's a dick.
Speaker 2: And a guy's bringing his dick and he's asking them to sign his dick.
Speaker 1: So he like rolls the window down and the man like puts his dick in the limo, and like Connor is like gently holding.
Speaker 2: The dick and citing it, he signs it.
Speaker 1: And I asked Margo if she knew his dick that was, and she said no. And I looked at it up in the trivia, and is Judd Apatow's dick?
Speaker 2: And then I said, well, is it a prosthetic dick or is that actually Apatow's dick. I think it's his dick, and Leslie Mann knows.
Speaker 1: Yeah, she would know. He He said he did it because I guess he's a producer on this movie too, And he did it because he has asked Jason Siegel to get naked like multiple times, like in movies, specifically like forgetting Sarah Marshall. And he's just standing there like dick out. So I guess he felt like he should show that he could do it too. So but you don't see his face, you don't know it's him. It's not the same Judd Apatow. It's not the same. But I didn't want to see Judd Apatoo's dick. But there you go.
Speaker 2: No, but it didn't make me laugh.
Speaker 1: I mean I just laughed hard. I laughed really hard. They they don't make up, you know. And that's when they have the big fall that all these documentaries have. And oh and the girl, the ex fiance, Mary Seal, and his beloved pet turtle that he's had like almost his whole life dies.
Speaker 2: So the turtles outlive us.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they live forever. Yeah, you pass those on in a will like you children, like they live for hundreds of years. But his little turtle Maximus dies, so sad, poor Maximus and Connor. That's when he starts getting like really depressed and he like he's like getting into a fight with Martin Sheen at one point, like he punches at cm oh And through all of this, they keep cutting back to the TMZ spoof. It's like CMC or something like that, and it's Will Arnett and Chelsea Peretti and Andre and they all have sippy cups and they're just saying the most awful things about Connor and laughing like really really hard. And I've seen clips of that TMZ show and it's pretty act accurate. Yeah, it's it's very accurate. I also love the scene of him where he's like passed out, but he's on his hoverboard so he's just standing there. It's just like moving him around. He's all passed out. He's in Sacramento drinking, selling his art all this stuff, and Sarah Silverman shows up and it's like, you need to leave the house. So he puts on the world's worst disguise, the weirdest looking face, and she takes him to like a club in Sacramento, I guess where a kid Contact is doing like a DJ set, and his music is really great. But then he tries to sing it's uh, it's not so good, and they decide to make up, and then they want to go get their their friends so that they go when they see Lawrence kid Brain on his farm where he grows pot and they start writing music together. They make up and it's very It's funny because this movie could also be about Lonely Island to a certain extent, Like Andy Samberg has definitely popped more than the other two and has gone on to other things, but.
Speaker 2: They still get together. They still do stuff.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and they still like they do. They do Lonely Island stuff all the time, and they still write things together all the time. But that must be a real thing that they've had, or maybe they're fine with it. I mean, I don't know them, but Andy Samberg is definitely the one of the three that well he.
Speaker 2: Was on Saturday Lie. He was the one. He's the famous one.
Speaker 1: Yeah, or the other two mainly worked as writers on the show.
Speaker 2: So yeah, you know, TV fame is I don't know if it's still as potent, but especially it's always been like the biggest fame. It's not the one everybody wants, but TV fame will get you a lot of eyeballs.
Speaker 1: Yes it will. So they're they're doing their music, you know, writing a new song together, and it is revealed that the Poppy Awards have an opening where they are asking Connor to come perform because Taylor Swift has murdered someone. Now they have six minutes open, so they go to the Poppies and then it turns out they only have three minutes, and he hass to decide, like which song he wants to perform, does he want to do one of his songs or does he want to perform with the Style Boys, And of course he picks the Style Boys and they do the song called Incredible Thoughts and all it is is jokes. Every line is a joke and they sing with Michael bon Great and it's so funny. And what was the other thing that happens, Oh, the he gets the rapper that he was touring with that he like had a falling out with. It turns out like he has signed the Aqua Spin contracts Now all his music is playing from stuff. He he gets a new baby turtle that he names Maximus two. Like there's just all this stuff. It's very it's got a very happy ending basically, and they all performed together, and and it's short, it's like under ninety minutes. It's perfect, and it's so every I laughed throughout the whole thing out loud, like.
Speaker 2: So many site gags and and so many great little cameos from people. It's it's kind of a perfect little comedy.
Speaker 1: I really think it is, too, And I hope now that it's on Netflix, people will start watching it because it's I think it's it's just underappreciated and I'm gonna watch it again this weekend. Do you have like a favorite of the digital shorts that you like because they've made a lot.
Speaker 2: I mean, I think Lazy Sunday. Yeah, I mean, is that considered well only Island. Yeah, I think that's my favorite. I think when they're going to see the Chronicles.
Speaker 1: The Chronicles of Narnia, Oh.
Speaker 2: My, they're crazy delicious.
Speaker 1: My friend Kate all the time still says double true.
Speaker 2: I always say crazy delicious.
Speaker 1: Crazy delicious.
Speaker 2: It's crazy delicious.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Lazy Sunday is definitely one of my faves. And I mean, Dick in a Box always makes me laugh out loud.
Speaker 2: And can you f my mom? And it's with Susan Surranded and Mother Lover.
Speaker 1: Yes, there's some that I'm on a boat. Uh, the Jack Sparrow one with Michael Bolton, with Michael Bolton. I love the Natalie Portman one where then so funny. When I was at Harvard I smoke pot every day.
Speaker 2: It was there, We love you Natalie, Fuck you Joe.
Speaker 1: It was like such a perfect way to play off of her good girl. Yeah, rep.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: There's also one with Tom Hanks where it's supposed to be like a right said Fred thing, but it's like, but please don't shave my testicles, like, and he's like.
Speaker 2: That's one of the less it is, but heard.
Speaker 1: It's just one that I've seen and I'm like, what, But good for you, Tom Hanks. So we have never done eight twenty sixteen movie before. So would you like to hear the top ten movies?
Speaker 2: Yeah? I would?
Speaker 1: Okay, Uh, are you all ready for a disappointing list?
Speaker 2: Here we go.
Speaker 1: Number ten Suicide Squad.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, what a piece of shit that was?
Speaker 1: Did not like thought Margot Robbie was amazing.
Speaker 2: I always think she's great, and I don't have any problem with any of the actors. I mean, I wouldn't want to work with Jared Leto, that's for sure true.
Speaker 1: But I mean true.
Speaker 2: The movie that looks really good and they throw it the but the script is terrible and the music drops were so basic.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, no, if you want to see a good one of those, just Sea Birds of Prey. That was the one that was like Harley Quinn focused. That one's great, but the Suicide squad Ones are thumbstone. Number nine Deadpool. Yeah, look, I know people love Deadpool. They love those movies. I have realized Deadpool's not for me.
Speaker 2: I don't.
Speaker 1: I don't think it's funny. I don't think Ryan Reynolds is funny. He kind of gives me Dick. I don't for whatever reason, like he's.
Speaker 2: So funny and Dick I love. He's so good in that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but Deadpool's just not my thing. But I know people love Deadpool. Number eight Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them?
Speaker 2: I ever seen it? You're fine?
Speaker 1: It sucks. Number seven Batman v. Superman Dawn of Justice.
Speaker 2: Rude.
Speaker 1: Guess what both their moms are named Martha. That's the twist. Number six, The Secret Lives of Pets. That one's funny. I've seen it, never seen it. I saw it a gazillion times with Calvin, and it's funny. Number five The Jungle Book. I assume that's the live action Jungle Book.
Speaker 2: I've never seen it. Jesus Christ was doing it. This is probably when I stopped like going to the movies.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there's a couple more here that maybe you've seen. But number four is Zootopia.
Speaker 2: That's funny.
Speaker 1: Ever seen It's I have a kid. It was the Law. I had to see it. Number three Finding Dory, never saw it. It's sorry you've seen this one. Number two Rogue one.
Speaker 2: A Star Wars story, one of my favorites.
Speaker 1: Yes, so good. I watched it again last week after I finished and Or and I still think it's dope. I love that one. And then number one was Captain America Civil War.
Speaker 2: I do like Captain America movies me too.
Speaker 1: I loved Civil War. I thought that one was really really good.
Speaker 2: So these are the top ten songs from June the week of June fourth, twenty sixteen.
Speaker 1: We're not going to know any of these.
Speaker 2: Okay, Rihanna needed me. I love Rihanna. I don't know that song. Name Zane with pillow Talk don't know it. Oh, keep let's keep going. Uh, well you might know this one, Rihanna featuring Drake Work Nope, okay, Oh you'll love this. Mike Posner, I took a pill in Abiza or excuse me, Abitha.
Speaker 1: I don't know that one either.
Speaker 2: Oh, keep going, okay. Number six, don't let me down. The Chain Smokers featuring Deya or Dya.
Speaker 1: I know the band, the Chain Smokers, but I've.
Speaker 2: Heard of them. Okay. Number five, Work from Home. Fifth Harmony featuring Tie Dollar sign Right. Number four seven Years with Lucy Scraham. Okay, you'll know this one. Everyone had to know this one. Number three can't stop the feeling justin timbers that.
Speaker 1: Not to stay yay us.
Speaker 2: Oh and let me go back again. Number two Panda by Designer and Designer by the way, spelled with two eyes for some fucked up reason. I don't understand.
Speaker 1: If you were making these songs up, I would believe you. I don't know none of them.
Speaker 2: The number one song when this came out, it was Drake featuring wiz Kid and Kyla One Dance.
Speaker 1: Nope, don't know it. Nope, I don't I know like a Drake song. It's like that, what's it called? Maybe I don't use yes that one yoyo? Like I said, new music my business. Yep, well that's as that exists, my friend? What else are you jorkying out about?
Speaker 2: Did you watch the Pee Wee Herman documentary on HBO last ye, Max? What did you think? I loved it?
Speaker 1: I thought it was so great. He it's sad. I mean, we know how it ends, but like I would have liked them to go just a little bit deeper. But he is not that person. Like he is clearly very very guarded and doesn't he doesn't want to share some things and he but I appreciate that we got what we got. It's very interesting, Like I didn't know all of that about him. I think Peewee's Big Adventure is like a perfect movie.
Speaker 2: I think so too. And I remember that Christmas special that he did with Share and everybody else. And I loved his Saturday Morning show. I'm a huge pee Wee. I mean in the eighties, pee Wee was everywhere like Letterman Saturday Night Live. He was ubiquitous, like he had and he was so great. I loved learning about his childhood and yeah, in Sarasota Florida where he was like there was a circus. He was like these circus performers everywhere, and his artistic and being at cal Arts with Katie Sigal and David Hasselhof friends.
Speaker 1: I knew he was in the ground lanes, but I didn't know any of that other stuff.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and and the groundling stuff was really interesting. I knew about Phil Hartman, and some people were upset because you know, he got the credit for the whole Peewee's show, but you know, and he was right, it's show business man, like you know, that's shit.
Speaker 1: You gotta that's That's the one where I was like, oh, I wish they had gone just a little deeper, a little deeper, like just like I would have loved to have seen Like what did he think when Phil Hartman died? Did he have regrets there?
Speaker 2: Like right? So let me I'm sorry, No, there's I mean, the one thing that I did appreciate and I forgot about it was he was arrested for indecent exposure at had a fucking porno theater, Like yes, well, I mean, come on, but the scowls that people I remember at the time, people scolding him, and I was like what else do you think people doing there? I didn't, it didn't. I don't know if it bothered you, Like it didn't at all.
Speaker 1: I was like, that's what that that's what they do there, Like that's yeah.
Speaker 2: And then like Howard Stern and and it's Sam Kinnison and they all have they had the nerve to be like, oh, how dare he? And I like, excuse me, Howard, how do you talk about women? You know, Sam Kinnison, how many drunk high women do you take advantage of with your friend?
Speaker 1: Exactly?
Speaker 2: Like fuck both of you? And then Phil Harmon like very also, but I mean I love Phil Hartman.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean I think one of him. It's either Phil Harmon or it's Howard Stern refers to pe Wee Herman or Paul Rubins as a deviant. That yes, and that's like unacceptable.
Speaker 2: I mean that is so much homophobia. Yeah, on top of it, like that is absolutely homophobia, like right there. And I remember at that time, I was just like it was like nineteen ninety when it happened, I was like, who cares, who gives a shit? Yeah, you know, he's just it didn't matter to me. And then I remember it was so brilliant. When he did the MTV Movie Awards, they came out so smart. Whoever was the pr person for that genius move?
Speaker 1: Yeah, man came out and just soaking in all of that applause, like everyone we loved pee wee Herman. Yeah, and he came out and he's just soaking it in and the whole like, I'm you heard any jokes lately?
Speaker 2: That is the perfect way to handle that.
Speaker 1: So good. And then yeah, and then he.
Speaker 2: Built up his career again, and I thought the stuff with Debbie Maser. Yeah, God, she's so beautiful, beautiful, good god, she's like gave a gardener beautiful, like just next level. But she had their friendship. And then he was picking up his career again. And then like the police because he was he knew Jeffrey Jones or something. Yeah, we've talked about Jeffrey Jones on what to create. He's a character actor that's real creep. But they raided his home and they stole all this erotica and it was obviously to me, like this shit's from the fifties and earlier than that, Like it's not digital porn like you know or excuse me, digital sexual assault of children, Yes, I don't think, but yeah, like all this explaining like his lawyer and his publicists had to do in that section, Like I don't know. I guess I'm I have so much love for Pee Wee that I give him so much grace.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I feel like they he was constantly like they were trying to persecute him for having the nerve to be gay and have a show that that appeal to kids.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I guess that's it, like people and it's and it's like, do you all not know about Michael Jackson over there? Just uh?
Speaker 1: But no, I was just ridiculous And it was sad to watch him like have to go through shit again and like try to build it back up again. And you know, I love learning about his friendship with with with Debbie mazar And and David Arquette. I had no idea that like that they were so close, and I just I learned so much about it and then too, by the way, up until he dies, he still looked great. But yeah, I think I was. You know, I didn't like love the last movie he did, the last Pee Wee Herman movie, but I thought there was funny stuff in it that I really liked and I did love that Christmas Special, but he seemed.
Speaker 2: Like, like, are you talking about top pee Wee?
Speaker 1: No, the other one, the like pee Wee's Big Holiday or the one with Joe Magliano. Do you know that one? It was like it was just it was like on Netflix. He made it for Netflix, and it's like, and then he gets caught up in a caper with all these women. I forget the actresses it was.
Speaker 2: It was.
Speaker 1: Like it started out really good and then it just went a little sideways for me. But yeah, but I love but pee Wee himself is hilarious, and I didn't. I love the deep dive into what it means to like play an alter ego, and how he would go on talk shows as pee Wee, how he's billed as pee Wee in all of the movies. How Rubens was like.
Speaker 2: He was staring the Hollywood yea fames his pee Wee doesn't says it doesn't say his name.
Speaker 1: Like he was building up that pee Wee was a real person. And by doing that, Paul Rubens takes the back seat, and so you start to he starts to separate, like pee Wee gets all this love and Paul Rubens doesn't. And it was just I never thought about it that way. I thought it was super interesting.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think it's really well done and done. Yeah, I mean, and it makes you sad and because you miss him. I mean he seems like honestly, he seems like he was a really good friend and very sweet. I mean, you know his the people have a problem with Pee's playoffs. I mean, that's their own thing. I don't know. I don't I don't blame anybody. I mean it show business is kind of rough and anyway, but yeah, that's the Yeah. But he did fine for himself, Like I don't know why, but I don't care. Anyway.
Speaker 1: I loved his house, by the way, and all the animals that are around his house, and how he was like taking such good care of all the animals around his house and he wouldn't even kill a spider, And I was like, I would kill that spider. Yeah, spider's not allowed to buy my house. But he's like, you know, clearly like had a good heart.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and I think he got a raw deal, you know, a couple of times, and I think it was Yeah, it was homophobia for sure. Yeah, you know you can't be a gay person and also be around children, and it's likeugh, so gross. Anyway. Also on HBO, I think Hacks is over. I think I think they I just finished it, and they had a really interesting season, and especially the last few episodes have been really really good.
Speaker 1: Really, I am one episode behind, but yeah, it's a I have mixed feelings because I love the show and I think they're so great in it, but I don't like it when they fight for too.
Speaker 2: Long, like no, no, they make up.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I like it when they finally make up and then they kind of aligned to take on others. Yeah, that's that's when the movie. That's when the show gets really fun for me. But I felt like this season the fight went on for like six episodes, and I was like, that's too much fighting for me. Yeah, less of that. But I still really really like it and think they're so good in it. I should have watched it last night before we recorded.
Speaker 2: Oh well, anyway, on Netflix, I saw the Brett fav uh suck uh.
Speaker 1: We covered him on door Kying Out? Is there is there more to learn?
Speaker 2: What a creep?
Speaker 1: I'm sorry, I'm what a creep?
Speaker 2: It's you didn't see it?
Speaker 1: I haven't watched it yet. It's on my mo.
Speaker 2: They interview the woman that he was sexually harassing at the Jets, and he's a creep. I mean we just you know he was, and he really had a big fall because he's somebody who was very, very popular and made it, had a ton of endorsements, and it's on Easy Street and they just once again fucks up his life. Yeah.
Speaker 1: He's also like, you know, taking money for like charity, charity. Yeah that they were not going to charity, and they're just like he's just keeping it like he's a real shit person. He sucks. I will watch it eventually. I just everything's so shitty right now. I can't bring myself to.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, I get it. I don't want to think negative. Apple Plus the Studio just finished their season. I think it was super hilarious. They have so many amazing Catherine Aunt.
Speaker 1: I love Catherine Han.
Speaker 2: Oh, she's so funny. They made a movie and it was about the the Heigh High Sea Punch. It's oh wait, the kool Aid guy. Yeah, Hey, they made a movie about hey kool Aid, Like they actually made a movie about cool a Andze Kravitz is in there. It's really really funny. It's hilarious. I really enjoyed it. And then I I'm caught up with your friends and neighbors, and is it good. It's just very watchable.
Speaker 1: That's all watchable is great? Yeah, did you start Nine Perfect Strangers.
Speaker 2: I'm taking a break from Nicole Kidman. I think it's the best for her if we just I'm just kind.
Speaker 1: Of I get it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, she works, Yeah, and I'm happy for her. At the same time, you know, it's almost like I'm writing a book about Stephen King right now, and it's like I wish she could do what he did, which is like have an alias like a and write her another names, you know what I mean. Like, after a while, it's like, oh my god, it's Nicole kimm and she's trying this accent this time, and Jesus, she's thin and fair skinned and I don't.
Speaker 1: Know all of those things. I mean, I'm I'm interested in it so far. I like the first season so and it's like all new people other it's just her and then all new guests basically, and then the guests are like Henry Golding, Oh gosh, what's her name? The the woman from Shit's Creek and Kevin can go fuck himself.
Speaker 2: Annie, Annie uh Murphy.
Speaker 1: Yes, thank you. She's in there. Christine Baranski is in there.
Speaker 2: Oh I like her.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we love her. It's and I like, yeah, it's it's it's fine. It's something to watch, you know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like I just I don't know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, what do you think about below deck down under?
Speaker 2: Oh my god? So Lara and Zarina made up, which I loved. That made me very very happy. I think Captain Jason and is a great moss. Yeah. He approaches Laura and and says to her, you've been muttering under your breath. You obviously want to talk to me about something. Let's talk. He's very you know, and then he said, you know, it says to apologize, apologize for your part. She will absolutely apologize back. And she does, and they do, and they make up. They are now on social media going back and forth and it's I don't know who to believe now at this point, Like it's it's too bad because everybody else is great. Yeah, this is the tension that we're getting, Like they have to have something that in that boat. So the boat didn't have air conditioning only in the bedroom. Oh really, Yeah, Zarena was on watch what Crappens, so I was listening to it, and also, yeah, the boat was rocking like the stable a wisers. I mean, I was feeling seasick watching it. These poor people.
Speaker 1: I felt so bad for those. Guess they're serving them like curry.
Speaker 2: It's these squrmet meals and they were like they it tastes good, but I have to run in my room in a second before I.
Speaker 1: You know, I'm a sensitive baby too, like if the boat's even a little rocky, I I get very seasick.
Speaker 2: Like yeah, some people do.
Speaker 1: I felt so bad for them.
Speaker 2: So it's funny because the Captain's like, all right, we need to do a beachside picnic. They're going to do a treasure hunt because you have to. The thing is the boat either has to be in motion or the people have to be back on dry land. That's the only way to cure it. Because even he's feeling the rockiness, you know, it's really bad. So they're setting up a treasure island thing and they end it like this, and the and Nate the Bosin. They the tender that was broke with the the engine was broken, so they were renting a really fancy tender, and they were like, oh, the guests will love this. You know, we're going to take them to the island. It's just really fancy tender. And Nate beaches it right away, but the captain warns him over and over again about the tides and says, don't get too close. Don't get too close because and he does and then they're stuck. So but if you see the clips for next week, they get over pretty quickly. Yeah, but I love this crew. I love it's They had Henry and Nick on Watch What Happens Live, and they're a goddamn delight. They're so lovely. I mean, Harry, is Zorena blocked him? So he asked, So I heard Zelena Zorena blocked you on Instagram. And Harry just says, you know what, I was not happy with. Zorena was posting a lot of things that I thought was bullying, he goes, And I don't like bullying at all. He said. I was trying to I send her a message, just as a friend to friend, I think, And he said she just immediately blocked him. And then Andie Cohen was trying to stir shit, he goes, Now, so what'd you do? And he goes, look, we're all going through something. She must be just going through something right now. Is because I'm not going to get upset about it. I'm sure we'll make up eventually.
Speaker 1: Oh my god.
Speaker 2: And then I know. And then Andy's like, can you just talk to other BRA celebrities because all I hear all day this person blocked me, this person unfollowed me, this person Bablah goes and Henry, I mean, I'm sorry, Nick, God, is he handsome? He's so handsome, he is so fucking hot, and he's a total total nerd. And he's like, what is the nerdiest thing about you? And he says, I own a spider Man outfit that I wear and he said, he goes, No, and I wasn't ten when I bought it, He goes, I bought it when I was seventeen. I was a senior in high school when I would wear it under my uniform.
Speaker 1: Amazing, Yeah, because.
Speaker 2: Below deck is the thing is is like there's a lot of sexism, especially in early episodes, like just the deckhands tend to be dickheads, but these guys are so nice and hard working, like everybody gets along. It's Uh, anyway, I've really loved it.
Speaker 1: I'll have to watch what happens live. I will be very I would like to see that. I'm yeah, yeah, I'm sad that Serena's in him like that. She would block him like that, but he's I felt like he's always been pretty honest with her, and yeah, maybe she just doesn't want to hear that right now.
Speaker 2: So no, she's getting So there's a lot on social media and how it goes, like people pick aside and then they really get in there. And that was his whole thing, Like it's not just you snapping in her to a couple of your fans. He's like, some people get really toxic and they were doxing her, and you know, I don't think Laura is the best chiefs do. I would be interested to see her on below deck med with Captain Sandy to see, like, because Sandy is kind of as a super micromanager, so it would be fun to see. But also but but anyway, I thought it was I thought it was a great season. There's only one more left. And I liked all these people and the saycials looks amazing.
Speaker 1: Look looks beautiful.
Speaker 2: I mean, I love all that they do and watch her crap and they have like this five minute segment and like these were the fish on the show and they show all these fish and they're beautiful.
Speaker 1: The water looks so clear and oh and it looks so so beautiful. It does look like it might be a little too rocky out there, like.
Speaker 2: And humid, and it's very hot human on top of being that.
Speaker 1: So yeah, I'm a big baby, so it may not be for me, but it's beautiful to look at.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So that's what I'm working out about.
Speaker 1: That's a great list. Uh. I have two things other than what we just talked about. One is Love Hotel, Isn't it great? So fucking entertaining Pearl.
Speaker 2: The Pearl is on TikTok and he's on Instagram taking questions from people.
Speaker 1: I am very I should go check them out because I'm pious about that. Look, there's nothing there's nothing wrong, Like, there's nothing wrong with him. It's just there's a little bit of like a trauma bonding happening there between him and Shannon, I think, and the truth that she meant something like she's not as attracted to him as she is like some of the other guys. And that's fine. You know, it's they got attached very quickly and like crying like that. I was like, that shouldn't be happy. Leu Anne called it. She's like, why are you making my girl cry? Right early in this process? Like what are you doing?
Speaker 2: Earle?
Speaker 1: Like lu Ane's come to play And I appreciate that about it.
Speaker 2: I love these housewives. That's picked they are and they it's so you don't even have to know the housewives all. It's very sex in the city. Coded Yes, there's a Carrie, A Miranda, a Charlotte and who am I thinking? Amanda Miranda Miranda? Sorry? No, no? What did Kim cat charleh Samantha Samantha Sorry? They all have that arch type about them. They all like each other and they all get along, which is really fun. And it's fun because some of the men know what they're doing, and some of the men are just men in their sixties and seventies. They don't want wait to show, they don't watch the shows. They have no idea what they're doing. But they're having a good time. Everybody gets along. It's just fun.
Speaker 1: It's interesting too, because there's an age range here, Like some of these women are like maybe the oldest thirty Yeah, Like Ashley's like thirty four, thirty five.
Speaker 2: She's really young, and she likes a Zaddie, like she's looking for somebody older.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and then you know, lu Anne and them are like fifty seven or something. You know, so there's an age range. Some of the men are in their thirties and some are in their sixties and Ashley you kind of if you maybe if you watch her show, you know that like in the past, she's gone for older guys. But there's one man there named Wally Yes who is about her, about her age, and like, I guess he feels like that's the best you know, he wants to be with her, he has a connection with her or feels like they're the best fit, or maybe he just wants to be on the show. Who knows. And she was like, yeah, I like I like him, He's fine whatever. But then it turns out like, yeah, she kind of wants the Zaddy Like.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there's one hot.
Speaker 1: They are all hot for him. It's so funny and like he didn't even think Ashley was an option. He was like they're acually.
Speaker 2: So young and biful.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And the minute she was like well, I think he's really attractive too. He was like, oh, like jumping over these other women to get to her, and like they start making out like right away, and goodness.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's and I clutched my pearls. Yeah, and I don't you know me, I don't like those dating shows. They bore the shit out of me. But this is like it's really well done. I mean. And also because these women are really really.
Speaker 1: Funny yeah, and there direct, They're very.
Speaker 2: Direct, and they're just really really funny yeah, and likable, very very entertaining.
Speaker 1: And leu Anne has picked someone that she thinks is super fun and I don't know what's going down next week, but she covers the camera, so something's going on for Luanne. I'm like, get atf Yeah. She She's done that on like Ultimate Girls Trip.
Speaker 2: She's done it on Real Housewives of New York. She picked up a bartender I forget where. It's not in Mexico, but they were on an island somewhere. It was a bartender that was dressed like Captain Jack Sparrow and she was obsessed with him. And then in the middle of the night the other housewives are talking, she brought him home and she had a boyfriend back in New York Jaques, and she she got him home and they were all like laughing because like they could hear the two of them going at it. And then the next morning she's like, so I met some friends there. They're from Italy. They just happened to be and I have my Italian friends over.
Speaker 1: The oh yeah yeah, yeah, yeah yeah.
Speaker 2: But she's yeah, she's great. And she'll fall into a bush drunk and just come right out looking great and laughing about it. She's vacation Lou is fantastic.
Speaker 1: Yes, that's we all want a vacation Lou and our friends.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Absolutely. I have also started the new season of Couple Therapy on Showtime.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you and I were talking about that off the air for other show. Yes, we talked for a while. Wow, So what are the couples like this year?
Speaker 1: So this one is we have a gay couple and one of them is deaf, and so that's two gay men and they're exploring like an open relationship. And it's really interesting because the deaf man who's gay is tending to be drawn to other deaf men, and so they're talking about that and their therapy about like is there something he's not getting from their relationship that he's trying to get from other deaf men, which I think is fascinating.
Speaker 2: And then what a small pool of people? Yes, if you think about that, because I Ronnie from Watch What Crap and always talks about as a gay man. He's like, when you start dating somebody, you kind of have to start he says, immediately you have to kind of talk about your friend groups because guaranteed you made out with somebody. If he didn't full on hook up, it's just the it's just a lot of average you know the people. So I mean how many anyway? Yeah, fascinating. Yeah, So that there's that one. There's another couple that the they're having. They went on like some sort of like spiritual retreat together and they had some sort of breakthrough and the man is like, well, I don't want to talk about like what happened to me in college because I feel like it's not it's too personal. I'm not ready to talk about it yet.
Speaker 1: And I was like, oh my god, this man was like sexually assaulted or something like. That's what you think it's going to go. And I don't know if anyone wants me to spoil it. But yeah, spoil it, okay. He I'm like, you convince me, okay. So he finally reveals that like he when he was in college, like in the dorms, he was out one night and his roommate and a bunch of friends broke into his computer and looked at all the porn that he watched, and he's like, and it was like gay porn, and it was like overweight women and all this stuff. And then they proceeded to like bully him and make fun of him to the point where he left the school.
Speaker 2: And I was like, oh my god.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and I was like, oh my god, that's not where I thought that was going to go at all. And then the therapist is talking about how it's so interesting that in that age, in that age range for men, when something like this happens, or like a woman like laughs at them or something like, it's snowballs, and it's like it starts rolling down the hill and it starts picking up all this other stuff and that they drag it into their like thirties and forties and all of this stuff. And again it's like, I'm not even in a couple and I've watched every season of the show, and I think it is fascinating about like how people communicate or don't communicate, or the way they choose to say things. There's a woman who is like a stay She's a stay at home mom. Her husband works, and she's clearly so angry that like she chose to stay home and that he works. And it's like, so she's really angry at herself for staying home, but then she does it's not sad that she got that time with her kid, so she and then she just yells and nitpicks and interrupts him constantly and all this stuff. And she because she's just trying to like connect with him, and like he gets very quiet, and it's like, ah, why is she yelling at me? Like right, how people communicate and how the therapist is so clear in the questions she asks and it's not shy about like stop what you're saying right now, let this other person speak, like she is like a traffic cop in that way. Yeah, but I think it's so interesting. Each episode is twenty five minutes, and when it ends, I'm like what what? And then I have to like immediately go to the next one. I'm almost done I'm almost on the showtime. It's on Showtime, so I've been watching it on my Paramount plus app. A lot of Showtime shows are on there.
Speaker 2: See I don't have that extra because they want too much money. Yeah, so I can't. I mean, I've been watching them on TikTok. That's it's a.
Speaker 1: Great way to do it too.
Speaker 2: Yeah. But some of those couples are like, y'all should just like not even just break up. You should never see each other again, like they should. But and so some people you're like, oh, they're so close to getting it.
Speaker 1: Yes that yeah, Yeah, we've talked about this before. There's a couple that was on maybe a season or two ago where he cheated on his wife, like and she's confronting him and he's like, I never cheated on her, and then he's like, I mean I did step out on her. And it was like, oh, she didn't use the exact right word.
Speaker 2: Right his words? Yeah, And I was like, yeah, cover his ass. Yeah he's an asshole.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Like I was like, lady, just run, just run. And there's another couple in here where like they have they've been together for like I think they said, like ten years. They have a young child, and they've moved around constantly, like New York, Montana, Texas, like I think they're in California at one point, and now they've moved back to New York and he is miserable in New York and like doesn't want to stay here and like or stay there, and she's thriving, yes, yes, and she's like, I was miserable in all those other places and now I'm thriving. Yeah, he like can't. He's like, but our life is so much worse. And she's like, but it isn't like like she's thriving, like their kid is doing well, like he but he hates it there and she's like, but I hated at all the other places and I stayed, you know, and they just like, can't.
Speaker 2: I don't.
Speaker 1: It's I'm like, they might just need to split up. They have a very different idea of what home looks like. But again, fascinating, right, glad I'm single too, by the way, but.
Speaker 2: Choices.
Speaker 1: Yeah, But also it's just interesting to learn how different people communicate and it could help with any relationship. But you don't have to be married. But it's good stuff. It's on showtime. And then was there anything else, I don't think.
Speaker 2: So.
Speaker 1: I haven't gone and seen the new Mission Impossible yet, but.
Speaker 2: I was gonna ask you. I was looking. I've seen the reviews and it seems to be like it's three hours. I mean hours, come on for a thriller and they say the first hour is not good, it's really bad, but then it gets better. It definitely gets better. But Tom Cruise is promoting the shit out of those.
Speaker 1: Yeah he is, yeah, he is there. I like the Mission Impossible movies. I think they're they are super fun, and the stunts and the different like action sequences they do are really really cool. I'm sure this has that too, but yeah, three hours.
Speaker 2: It's a lot. Did you ever? It just pops in my head. I have this clear memory of the first Mission Impossible movie. So MTV was doing one of their documentaries and Kennedy, she remember her, she was the conservative VJ. They were talking about the different like celebrity events that MTV covers, and so they were all talking like, you know, we were at the Grammys, we were at the Oscars, blah blah blah. So Kennedy and somebody else was at the Mission Impossible premiere and she's interviewing people down the aisle. She is a VJ. She's on the air, she is putting on a show. She's interviewing Martin Landau because he was in the first one, right, And he tells her, well, I was on the original show in Mission Impossible, the original show, and she's not understanding him. He goes, no, I was in the TV series and she's like, oh, it was a TV series and he's like he gets really mad at her, and her takeaway from that was he was a cranky old man. What the hell is wrong with him? And I'm like, your whole fucking job is just to interview this and you didn't know that Mission Impossible was a TV series, like Dan Dan Dan Dan Dunn, Eh, nothing, Yeah, And she's our age like yeah, I mean if you're like if I'm talking to a millennial. I was like, yeah, I get that. But gen X knew about Mission Impossible. I mean that was very I mean it was very popular, but it was in reruns for sure, but like that whole like people would use that that theme song.
Speaker 1: I never watched the show, and I knew it was a show.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And she was all pissed at Martin Lando, who like won An Oscar a couple of years before, Like you're interviewing some big people and you can't be fucking bothered to do this much research. And so oh she was such a bit and I'm like, this is why I and ever since then, I swear to God, it is like nineteen ninety seven or eighty ninety eight, I have like, no, I can't. I can't trust anything out of your mouth because you don't do research. She can't.
Speaker 1: Well, now I bet she does her own research.
Speaker 2: Oh, sure she does.
Speaker 1: I've been thinking about vaccines and I did my own research.
Speaker 2: Movie. You know who's like that? Now? Who's maha? Jillian?
Speaker 1: Oh, Jillian Michaels.
Speaker 2: Julian Michaels. She was at the White House with Robert Kennedy. I put a dip shit, what a fucking dipshit this woman is. And we interviewed her for Fit Bottom Girls when Trump was first elected. When Trump, Yeah, and she talked to us because she's she's a gay woman and she was in a marriage and she was like, I'm really scared to go try to take my rights away, Like she was really upset. And here she is like nine years later, like I'm on board I'm in a suit and I'm I'm just gonna question who dies. Like that calls down all the problems, like you, it's so fucking dumb.
Speaker 1: That whole thing with like Robert Kennedy was there and Trump and there he's like, well, you see autism and on the fact that we're not so healthy right now, it's all because of like poor diet and contamina. It's in the water and blah blah blah and all this stuff. Meanwhile, they're trying to pass budgets that like make it harder to get healthier food, like yes, rolling back regulations that makes our that's gonna make our air shitty and our water undrinkable. And I'm like, oh my god, you guys can't have it both fucking ways.
Speaker 2: No, you can't.
Speaker 1: Like it's so it's everything is so stupid everything.
Speaker 2: So that's side, right, we live in the stupidest timeline right now.
Speaker 1: It is the stupidest timeline. And to hear Chilian and Mike, of course it's this won't and it won't impact her, like her marriage will be fine because she's rich.
Speaker 2: Like they actually got divorced.
Speaker 1: Oh well, maybe that's why she's not worried.
Speaker 2: No, but she's married to somebody else now. But yeah, but I remember that, like we were talking to her, we interviewed her, and then off the air, she was really really laying into it, and so that's that's why I was shot. But you know, she gave like we did an episode for What a Creep on Your Biggest Loser, and she gave them like caffeine pills and shit, it's.
Speaker 1: Oh so bad, Like yeah that show. Wow, Yeah, that's a good episode everyone. You should go back and listen to it, Like, yeah, that shit was in prime time presented as like not a problematic thing at all.
Speaker 2: We're helping people, sonya.
Speaker 1: Yeah, totally. Look how healthy they are, dropping one hundred pounds in three days.
Speaker 2: Right, That doesn't do anything to your heart at all, not at all.
Speaker 1: Super healthy. You're welcome.
Speaker 2: Yeah anyway, anyway, anyway, what are you gonna do?
Speaker 1: I'm gonna watch pop Star again?
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah.
Speaker 1: If you like the sound of our voices, and why wouldn't you. We also co host a podcast called What a Creep where we talk about creeps of the past or the present. Who's our current creep?
Speaker 2: Marco? I just did this yesterday. Yeah, oh, oh the lu Yahlulmon CEO former CEO Chip.
Speaker 1: Yes, Chip Wilson, Yes, put on your sea through yoga pants and listen to that one. It was Margot did a fabulous job and we are ba non creep at the end.
Speaker 2: We do.
Speaker 1: So check that out, my friend. Where can people find you on the internet.
Speaker 2: I'm at Brooklynfitchick dot com. I'm on Brooklyn Fitchick for threads and Instagram. I'm at Brooklyn Margo for blue Sky and TikTok, and then I'm at my name for YouTube, Margo Donahue. And just to warn you ahead of time, Sonia, we're out of stickers, so whoa, yeah, sorry, I just sent a bunch out.
Speaker 1: So that's amazing. Though, I'm glad you they're they're on their They're on their way, and.
Speaker 2: For those of you that ordered stickers, they are on their way. It's gonna take a while to get a new batch because we're still trying to figure out there's one vendor we used for years that was great and then wasn't great, so we're trying out different ones. Yep, yep.
Speaker 1: Well they went all maga and then tried to pretend like they're not all maga now because right, what do you know, hurt their business.
Speaker 2: That they fired a bunch of people and using AI and so the quality has gone downhills. Yeah, so yucky if you have, but but yeah, email us if you have suggestions for really good sticker vendor that's not too cricey.
Speaker 1: Yes please, we'll take it. And you can email us at Dorkin and Outshow at gmail dot com and we take requests. So, if you have a movie you want us to talk about, send it our way. I saw you were on TikTok, commented on the video someone posted about the breakup.
Speaker 2: Yes, that's I sent that to you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm like, should we talk about the breakup?
Speaker 4: I'm like, it might make us so I was so glad it was a dude that did the There's an argument between Vince Vaughn and Jennifer Anderson and she's asking him to help help her do the dishes because she just cooked this huge meal for his friends and he's like yah, yeah.
Speaker 1: And the whole movie is played as like both sides, but when you watch it, you're like, uh no, he sucks, Yeah, he sucks. He's a garbage person.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 1: If y'all want to hear that you want to hear Ragie Sonya.
Speaker 2: Yeah, go let us know. If you want us to cover that one, we'll do it.
Speaker 1: We'll do ites, yes, So email us, let us know, or reach out to us on whatever social media channel you prefer. We're on Blue Sky and Threads and Instagram and you could go to Facebook if you want. Oh and I at the Sonya Show dot com and the Sonya Show on Blue Sky and Threads and Instagram and TikTok so follow me on all the places. This was super fun. I love that talking about pop star so good. Check it out. I'm so humble
Speaker 2: The