Speaker 1: Old time is here, and no time to fear.
Speaker 2: Corilla is so near because show time is here.
Speaker 3: So on with the show.
Speaker 1: Let's give it a go.
Speaker 3: Carrilla is the one that you need to know.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 3: It's show side.
Speaker 4: All right in just sixty seconds. The most fabulous I mean, he's really something. The best, most fabulous host will be here. He just tells the truth all the time, bigly, and he's funny, this guy.
Speaker 3: Have you heard him?
Speaker 4: Yeah, he's funny and smart, smart and funny, not like those nasty people on lamestream media. So don't go anywhere.
Speaker 3: He's almost here.
Speaker 4: I know he doesn't speak well of me, and that's okay because I mean, he's really quite fabulous.
Speaker 3: The movie Sinners is as good as you've heard, but the real sin of the movie isn't the vampires. We'll talk about that today. Also, another thing I learned from television from watching the show nine one one and California and Nevada are roasting. What's being done about that? Well?
Speaker 1: Uncensored, unfiltered, onun hinged, it's the Cuell Cast. Listen daily on your favorite streaming service.
Speaker 3: It is the crew Cast. I am today, I am today, I am Correll and I'm here today, Happy Thursday to you. So glad you are joining me on this my final show of the week as I take Fridays off. For those of you that are tuning in on YouTube, It's YouTube dot Com, Forward Slash, really Carrel, Instagram. And of course I've been banned from TikTok again for reading the article yesterday about hi normalization. Anytime you say something negative about Donald Trump on TikTok, they ban you. And I'm not making that up. They are so trying to get Trump's good side that you can bash Gaze all day long, you can bash women all day long, you can do all of that. But if you have bash Trump by actually saying he's a rapist, which he is, he's convicted of that, he's a fraudulent person, he is, he's been convicted of that. When you actually just bring up his convictions and how abnormal it is for a person like that to be president, you get kicked off at TikTok. So my show's been banned from TikTok for yet another seven days, and that's that. Nothing I can do about that, and I don't really care to, you know, I don't want to be a part of a platform that allows people to go on there and say egregious things about health, make ridiculous claims about this protein that, you know, seed oil's this. You know, people with no nutritional experience go on and being health influencers. All of that's allowed, but outline Donald Trump's felonies and get kicked off. So you know what, TikTok, have a nice life. Instagram is still here, YouTube is still here, and of course the audio portion of the show, which is never censored at Apple Music, iTunes, at Spotify, at iHeartMedia and all of that. If you want to listen to the fabulous track do you want to Funk by Me Correll, which is burning up the dance charts, then please go online and type in Karl do you want to funk? And go watch the video like three hundred and eight people have at YouTube dot com forward slash Really Correll. I know it's pathetic, but what else can I do? I put it up there, I put it online. I'm asking you my audience to go watch it. I know more than three hundred of you listen to the show, yet you won't go watch my video. But what can I do make you? YouTube dot com Forward slash really corral. So I'm kind of proud of myself. One of the things I've been telling you all is, hey, I want to get rid of my medical anxiety, and b I want to start doing the things that I used to love to do to see if maybe I can pull myself out of this funk that I've been in for I don't know, five or six years. And so one of the things I love to do is go to the movies. I love movies. I want to make movies still. I'm sixty two. I don't know if I'm ever going to get that chance, but I hope. But you know, so I love motion pictures. I've loved them since the little kid Going to the theater with a big deal for me. I love it. And I haven't been going. And I've come up with a billion reasons why it's too expensive, takes too much time out of the day, I don't want to drive over there, blah blah blah. You know, Embridge has sleeps during the movie. She just sits in the chair next to me and sleep, so she doesn't care. So it's like she doesn't care, why don't I go? And she's a perfectly good date you know, I don't want to go to the movies alone. I'm not alone fifteen pound creature right next to me who loves my popcorn, by the way. So I went yesterday and I didn't want to go see the brand newest of movies. I wanted to see one that I haven't seen yet that opened a few weeks ago. So I saw Sinners because I've heard A that it's brilliant and B that it's going to change the way the Academy deals with horror movies because it's so good. You know, horror movies don't often get acknowledged by the Academy or Golden Globes or any of that. This movie is going to change that. It is so good. Michael B. Jordan, please marry me. Just that's right, marry me. But other than that, he's great. He plays two roles, he plays twin brothers. He's great. And it's sort of Jim Crow Meets and Rice is sort of the movie. It's the Jim Crow era, the nineteen thirties in Mississippi, and there's vampires, so vampires and black people very interesting combination. And while watching this film, a lot of themes come up. Freedom you know, the vampires felt they were offering the black people freedom because vampires don't care about color. They don't care about religion, you know, they they've lived a long time, they don't. You know, the minutia of society doesn't really bother them. They're all inclusive. And they're actually selling what they've got, meaning their vampiism, as a way to beat the Klan, as a way to you know, actually be free, because you can't be lynched anymore. You can't be They made a compelling argument for why a black person might want to be a vampire. And I'm not going to tell you how it ends or any of that. It's a great movie. You should see it in the theater. In fact, more of you should get back to the theater. Why aren't more of you going to the movie theaters? Stop acting like watching a movie on your home screen is how a movie was designed. A perfect example of that is one of the previews yesterday had the movie start at one hundred inches. It even said this is one hundred inches and they said, why watch a movie like this when you can watch it like this, And they expanded it to the screen, and you know what, it made a really powerful point. It's like, we think this is watching a movie. It's not. It's still better in a theater. So I was watching the movie, and once again I felt horrible about being a white person because there's slavery and there's KKK and there's all of that in it. But second of all, I thought to myself, you know, thank you Babetta in the chatroom at YouTube dot com forward sashually Corell for saying they downloaded do you want to funk and have watched the video watch it repeatedly, put it on and walk away. Anyway, So I watched the movie and I was like, you know, the real horror of this movie isn't the vampires. After all, Yes, they're murderers and they're gory and all of that, but they just pray on humans. By the way, whenever I see a vampire movie and humans are all horrified that they're the food of the vampires, I thought, well, you're gonna run out and kill a cow, so you know. But anyway, the real horror for me of the movie was the reminder. And this goes back to what we spoke about yesterday hypernormalization, the reminder that humans and not just one human but hundreds of thousands of humans, millions of humans thought and think it's okay to treat people the way that we treated and gay people and women. But you know what I mean, the stink of slavery will never be off of America ever because it was so horrible and at a time where we have open kkk rallies still happening. Although did you hear in San Francisco how fabulous some biker guy went to a punk rock concert with a swatstika on his vest and the punkers beat the crap out of him and I was there for it, yay. But the fact that we found this okay, and not just on a fringe level. We found it okay, We protected it by law. We allowed law people to go and hunt down other humans and bring them back to quote their owner. We not even one hundred years ago, okay, not even eighty years ago, treated an entire group of people sub human because of their skin.
Speaker 1: Pop.
Speaker 3: That's the real terrors of the movie six is that we not only condoned that, but in many ways still do and that's terrified. Want to support the corel cast, then like and subscribe the YouTube videos at the really correl channel. Just go to YouTube dot com forward slash really Correll, that's kr L and subscribe to the most exciting YouTube stream available today.
Speaker 1: If you're not visiting really corell dot com daily, you're missing out. Get the podcast videos and the blug including recipes at reallycorrell dot com.
Speaker 3: So for me, the real horror of the movie Sinners was what not my ancestors, By the way, we're French, we did not own slaves. We're from the North, We're from Canada and from Massachusetts. We did not. None of my family owned slaves, participated in slavery, none of it, none of it. None of my family all the way back, and I know this for sure. None. In fact, my family were working slaves. They were white people who were poor. But it reminded me of our conversation about hypernormalization. People went about their lives like normal as this was happening to other people around them. And how in order how do I say this? Have we really changed? You know, we'd like to think that we've changed, meaning white people in general, we'd like to think that we've changed since the days of slavery, that we wouldn't do that again to another group of people. But we haven't changed, and we still do it every way we can to marginalized groups of people. Look what we're trying to do to trans people now. Granted we're not putting them in shackles, beating them, raping them, doing all the atrocities that happen to slaves, but we are trying to make them less than to subjugate them, to make them compliant to our will to rule over them. We still are trying to do it to women, to literally control their bodies like a slave, to make women slaves to men and the will of men, to force them to have a baby. That's slavery and economic slaves. You know, we treat immigrants so horribly, and all they want to do is come to this country and contribute. That's all they want to do. Ninety nine percent of them, Yes, one percent of them are criminals and despots and all of that, but most of them just want to come and make it, and we treat them horribly. And so I was watching sinners and I thought, we haven't changed. We've just morphed slavery into something else, and we have never given blacks what they deserve ever. Ever, the first is respect. We still look down as a society on black people. They are poorer than the rest of us, They live in worse neighborhoods than the rest of us. They are incarcerated at ten times the rest of us. We our police kill them with basic impunity, just like back in the days of slavery. The real sin of the movie Sinners is that white people haven't really changed, and the ones who were against slavery back then are still against it now. But we're not the majority. And that's why the Civil War never ended and why we still fight the South on everything, because they still are the people that thought it was okay the South. As far as I'm concerned, the white people in the South, the descendants. You know, a few weeks ago a plantation burned and all these white people were so upset. Oh, it's a beautiful piece of architecture, and we're losing a piece of history. I was happy the thing burned down. So many black people were happy that the thing burned down. There's no beauty in a building that used to house slaves. There's no beauty in a symbol of white wealth and power that subjugated another human. We make animals slaves to this day. We breed them and raise them for our pleasure. That's slavery. Cows, pigs, chickens, we make them our slaves, elephants, we make slaves out of horses, We make slaves out of That movie yesterday to me and made me feel embarrassed for humans, because it's not very human what we did to black people. It's not very human what we do to each other today, thinking someone is less than and that you're superior because of schooling, because of skin color, because of economic status. The rich are content to make us slaves because we are. We work to give them back our money until we die, and that's it. That's all we're good for is to work. And the minute we can't work, the minute we can't give corporations money anymore, we're as useless as a broken slave, and we can die as far as they're concerned. We still do it to this day, to each other in some degree, and we have hyper normalized. This goes back to yesterday. We have hyper normalized this kind of behavior. We look over it, we look past it. Look what's happening in Israel. It is genocide. The Jews, some of the biggest victims of genocide, are committing genocide. They are killing people just because of who those people are. They're not killing them to get rid of Hamas anymore a ship is sailed. They're killing them because they think they're superior. Israelis think they're better than Palestinians, at least the ones in power. Israelis don't believe Palestinians deserve their own homeland, just like we didn't believe blacks deserve theirs. Israelis don't believe Palestinians should have equal rights, just like white people don't believe anyone other than white people, straight white people should have equal rights. Slavery didn't end, it just changed, but it's still here, still a stain, and we still just turn a blind eye to it. It's really quite sad. It really is quite sad. Yes, it is amazing. By the way. Someone is saying they can't afford the movies at twenty or twenty five dollars. I paid seven dollars for my movie tickets, So I don't know what you guys are talking about. I am a senior. I'm sixty two, about to be sixty three, and they start their senior pricing at fifty five, So I am a senior and my ticket was seven dollars. A non senior ticket was nine dollars. So I don't know. Maybe in Vegas we're just cheaper. I don't know. But don't go at night, you know, don't go at eight or nine at night. Go during the day or early morning, and you can afford the movies. They're not that expensive. They're the price of a coffee at Starbucks. Oh and by the way, can we get rid of snack bars in theaters? I am so tired of sitting there in a movie and having to hear you gras. I am sick of hearing you smacking your popcorn, opening your containers, rustling all you You can go. Listen, America, here's a shocking bit of revelation for you. Your fat ass can go without eating for two hours. Here we are a nation that is clamoring to shove a shot into our stomach so we can lose weight the Wigovi or the But we can't even go without food for two hours out of movie theater. You ass don't need to eat for two hours. You'll be okay. Hey, no one ever been pulled out the theater in a stretcher. What's wrong with him? Oh? He didn't for ninety minutes. No, we don't need snack bart theatom. I don't need to hear you grazes during a movie. Ok. Hey Corell here, and I'd like to take a moment to thank all the patrons at Patreon. Your support means the absolute world to me and the show. If you'd like to show your support for the crazy endeavors of the Corell cap, then please go to Patreon dot com forward slash really Corell. That's Patreon dot com forward slash, really Corell, and please help get those numbers up by subscribing to the YouTube channel YouTube dot com forward slash, Really Correl. There's so much great free content there, it's like having a network on your TV, phone or tablets. All social media is really Corel, including threads and Instagram. And don't forget the website that's had it all all along, really Correl dot com. Without your support, the show simply doesn't work. So please listen on all streaming services, watch and subscribe on YouTube, and support the show through Patreon. At Patreon dot com, forward slash, really Correl. Thanks for almost thirty years of support for the loudest, craziest, most unhinged gay guy and his little dog, and let's keep the party going as long as we can. Don't forget. You're gonna go listen to Correl. Do you want to funk? Karriel? Do you want to funk? Go stream it? Also go to YouTube dot com forward slash really carell and watch the video. Someone in the chat room at YouTube said, why can't we stop? Why can't they stop? They don't want to stop. They're defective. What we don't want to acknowledge is that humans evolved at different times. And I am quite convinced, and I'm quite learned, so I think this is a pretty good theory. I think the later you evolved, the less evolved you are. And so the people that believe in the slavery, treating trans people like crap, regulating women, those people, they ain't fully evolved yet. There's something wrong with their brains. Their brains ain't cooked. Because you can't have a fully functional brain and think it's okay to own a human being, just like you can't have a fully functional brain and think it's okay to eat animals. For fifty five years, my brain was not right, and then it got right. It learned. You know, I wanted to talk about two of the things today. Uh nine one one brought me to tears. I caught up on it, not because Bobby dies, but I mean that was kind of sad. But afterwards, Angela Bassetts, you know, Athena's reaction to it got to me. I could do a whole show about all the mistakes I made after Andrew died. I should have sold the house. I didn't. I should have, I should have moved to Everybody was telling me, sell the house, move to La. You're on kfire, You're doing the ultimate revenge TV show. Your life is LA centric. Sell the house, either buy a condo in La, or move somewhere in Long Beach that's not a four bedroom, three bath house. I didn't. I felt I couldn't. Too much of memories, too much of his life, too much of my life. And while I loved how vibrant and alive Park Howard was, it was too much for me. It was too much for me. He didn't leave a life insurance policy. He couldn't. And then in my forties, I fell. I wasn't. It wasn't love. I fell into a relationship with a basically heterosexual male, and while we are great friends now, and yeah we still sleep together sometimes, not in the last five years, but you know he has changed and accepts that he's probably by and all of that. At the time, it was a bad relationship and I wasted my forties, wasted them, just like I wasted my lateeens and early twenties on another guy who was emotionally unavailable to me in terms of that way. We were best friends, but I wanted more. He didn't, except he would do things that would keep me hanging on, sleep with me every now and again, you know that sort of stuff. So there's big chunks of my life that I wasted. I was entitled and angry after Andrew died and got fired from KFI for good reason. Because I was entitled and angry, I didn't keep my head down like I was told to do. So I was watching nine one one and realized I made so many mistakes after Andrew died. But this goes to the slavery topic. Just because you've made some bad mistakes doesn't mean you have to keep making them. It doesn't mean you can't pull things together and make changes. It's never too late. If you're breathing, I'm trying. I know that going to the movies may seem like a small nothing to you, but considering I haven't been in probably a year or two, and I love the movies, and I just stopped going for some reason. And now I actually went. I didn't just talk about it. I didn't just you know whatever. I went. That was a big deal for me. And afterwards I tried to find you know, Oh, well, you didn't enjoy it. You were scared. I did get scared. I thought my heart was going to athian. I think I have a fear of leaving the house now because of medical things which will only break if I go out. So it was a big deal to go for me. But I was watching nine one one and I said, you know what, I made a lot of mistakes after Andrew died. But I don't need to keep making them, you know. And I just want you to know if you're in a situation where you're making a lot of mistakes, you don't have to keep making them. You can, in fact change. You can. Speaking of change, California and Nevada are baking this week. It's going to be one hundred today. It's right now. I'm outside, it's ninety one degrees and it's not even eleven o'clock. It's going to be one hundred plus today tomorrow one hundred and nine California two. And all I ask you is, what in the hell are these two drought ridden baking states doing to mitigate climate change. We're acting like it's gonna like The heat isn't permanent. When I first moved to Vegas eight years ago this December, it was not one hundred degrees in May. I know because we're breaking all the records every day. The weather has changed in just eight years. It's changed. It's way hotter now in the summer. I hate June July August. If any of you have a guesthouse in a cooler location and you don't mind number and I staying in it for three months, please let me know, cause I hate Las Vegas in June July August. Now. I hate it. It's too frickin' hot. One hundred and ten is not pleasant, no matter what anybody says. And so what are we doing in California and Nevada? Are we getting more water? No? Are we building desalinization plants?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 3: Are we finding ways to convert ocean water to freshwater? No? Are we extracting water from the air. No, are we building a pipeline from the Midwest and the Great Lakes? And no are we building houses that are smarter to withstand the heat. No are we building things underground?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 3: Are we doming in cities?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 3: So what the hell are we doing? Nothing? We are sitting and baking and going without water and then watching the states burn, and then wondering what are we going to do? What are we gonna do? We have hyper normalized climate change. We are all see this. I love that article. We are all going about our business like climate change isn't happening, like one hundred and ten in May is completely normal. It's not. We have got to start taking real action, and we're not, and I mean real action doming in cities. Yes, we have to do that, making houses that are better suited to the climate and environment, and maybe even moving cities. Las Vegas will not be able to be in this valley in one hundred years. It just won't be able to be here. There'll be no water and the heat will have chased everybody away. And maybe even not one hundred, maybe even like twenty five years. It's already getting too hot for me. I'd like to move. I would love to move. I can't, but I'd love to. I would to someplace that never gets over ninety degrees, like ever So, Vancouver, Seattle, whatever can coon porta Aarda. I just I can't take one hundred and ten degrees anymore. I can't. Ember hates it. She hates the heat, hates it. So what are California Nevada doing nothing? Hypernormalizing climate change? All false? You know, all cars should just be stopped. California Nevada should stop selling meat. I mean that it's the number one contributor to climate change. We need to be taking bold steps. We're not so bake what I'm gonna do. What you're gonna do? All right? Yeah, it's gonna be one hundred and ten in Sacramento, punning to Greg. Yep. But at least we still have fluoride in our water. Yep. No, oh God, all right, I'll see you on Monday. I love you. I have Correl be who you want to be, so I'm heard about it. Thank you. Patri Fakreon dot com forward class really, Carrell YouTube, dot com forward class really, Carrel TikTok all of.
Speaker 2: Its broadcasting from a completely different point of view.
Speaker 1: Yours listen daily to the.
Speaker 2: COREL cast on your favorite streaming service. It's broadcasting from a completely different point of view.
Speaker 1: Yours. Listen daily to
Speaker 2: The corell cast on your favorite streaming service.