Speaker 1: One of three point one, Austin's eighties station. It's the JV and Sandy Show. All right, thanks for being with us today. My name is Sandy.
Speaker 2: This is JB. Hello, Trish's here too.
Speaker 3: Hi.
Speaker 4: Everybody.
Speaker 1: You can text us anytime. We love hearing from you. At seven three seven threes are a one ninety six hundred. Again that seven seven threes are a one ninety six hundred. Instagram is at JB Sandy at X and Facebook is the JV and Sandy Morning Show. Big show tonight at the Moody Center A one, A really really big star and nobody's talking about her for her music, but she's playing the Moode Theater tonight.
Speaker 3: Katy Perry, Katy Perry Asternitte.
Speaker 4: The Astronaut, Katy Perry, Astronaute.
Speaker 5: I just read that she is no longer doing her Vegas residency because they lost money on her.
Speaker 1: Really, she really hard year. Katie has really crapped the bed on her career.
Speaker 4: That happened rights for a while.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's why.
Speaker 1: Just too many opinions, yep, and too many polarizing opinions. Not that I agree or disagree or whatever, just too many polarizing opinions from another pop star that no one cares what you think. You know what I mean, it's it really is the shut up and sing thing.
Speaker 2: Boy, it's so weird. You know.
Speaker 3: Forever we all watched American Idol, it was the standard and it just doesn't hold up. Yeah, no, I don't. I can't put my finger on it. And I'll watch the Voice and I go, well, this is great. The people are better.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I watched the Voice for the judges.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah. For some reason, that's just gone way downhill on Idol and that hasn't helped carry Katy Perry.
Speaker 1: Yes, Simon leaving. Simon leaving Idol was huge. I mean he was the biting part of the show that everyone tuned into.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 4: Was he an Idol?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Oh, because he was also a judge on America's Got Talent?
Speaker 4: I forgot he did both of them.
Speaker 2: He did.
Speaker 1: So let me ask you this, if you had to guess, I actually, I'll do it this way, over or under more or less Katy perry Lifetime album sells more or less than twenty million?
Speaker 4: Oh, I would say less.
Speaker 2: Where we say trust, I'd.
Speaker 4: Say more than twenty million.
Speaker 3: JB, I say twenty million is a lot.
Speaker 2: Seventy she was huge.
Speaker 1: Seventy million records, so wow, yeah, I mean that's but can't but can't make money on a Vegas residency now, right, weird, weird, weird. But she's playing tonight and I would bet it's a good show. You know, it's Katy Perry.
Speaker 3: It's going to getting to that point now where in the career where you sell your catalog and take the money. Now, I wonder how many of those she wrote, you know, Yeah.
Speaker 2: That's a great question. I don't know.
Speaker 5: Have y'all heard, excuse me, all of the stuff coming out about Justin Bieber, who was worth so much much money back in the day. And remember a couple of years ago or a year ago, he sold his album, I mean his for two hundred million, for two hundred and sixty five million dollars his portfolio, and they were like, why would you sell it so young? And now it's coming out that he was nearly broke. It was in massive, massive debt, massive debt. Yeah wow, I didn't like.
Speaker 1: Almost all of that money went to payoff debt Justin Bieber.
Speaker 4: Which I think is crazy.
Speaker 5: They used an example that at one point he was so broke that he had to ask his buddy for his credit card to be able to play golf, and I was like, meanwhile, his wife, Hayley Bieber, she has some incredibly successful makeup line where she makes a ton of money. So it's kind of hard to Maybe he did a whole like primetime special on Justin Bieber.
Speaker 2: You're watching, TMZ.
Speaker 4: I didn't mean to. I didn't know it was about Justin Bieber.
Speaker 1: But yes, I'll have to ask my dad if he saw that. My dad is mister TMZ. He knows everything you need to know any rapper is doing. He knows my eighty five year old father knows exactly what Little t Bone is up to here. He knows what Little t Bone is doing. He knows what Biggie Shugs is doing. I mean, he's got them all down. It's hysterical, Like, Dad, how do you know that?
Speaker 2: TMZ? Like really, you want you go?
Speaker 1: I rate it every days out of character for him, but he's been doing it for years.
Speaker 2: It's pretty funny. Enjoy the show if you're going tonight, Jaby, what we're gonna say?
Speaker 3: Oh nothing, nothing, Oh okay, okay.
Speaker 1: We got the story we love coming up in just a little bit, Tricia, What hard hitting news story do you got today?
Speaker 5: Well, I got to tell you what the people in Central Austin are on high alert about.
Speaker 4: It's a crime that's being committed that I feel like.
Speaker 5: It's very like fifties West Side story, kind of old school crime.
Speaker 2: Chains are involved.
Speaker 4: No no change, no change change.
Speaker 2: All right, all right, stay with us. We've got the story we love.
Speaker 1: Coming up next, Trisa's there is a crime spree spreading across at Central Austin.
Speaker 2: She's going to tell us about it in just a sec.
Speaker 1: But just going back a couple of a few minutes ago, we were talking about Katy Perry, who's playing at the Movie Center tonight. We were talking about her music catalog. We were talking about how many of the songs that she actually wrote, because if she wrote them, she can get the money right in the catalog, A lot of them. She wrote I Kissed a Girl, She wrote Hot and Cold, she wrote Teenage Dream, all the hits Firework, Roar, and dark Horse. She had co writers on all of them. She apparently she and doctor Luke, whoever that is, can really craik on on some songs. All right, that's one of her Luke no kid, and no one knows who he is, and he's probably a gazillion dollars.
Speaker 3: Right now, and you get to live a normal life. I've always said if you wrote in music, that's the best gig is to be that. You know, you see more of that in country.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: There were Hayden Nichols who lives here in Austin, who wrote all of Clint black songs.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and who was Elton John's writer, Thaternie Topping Bernie top It. Yeah, somebody really recognizes him, but he's worth all.
Speaker 1: Those guys can all walk into a GiB and no one knows who they are, right. The people that sing the songs, they can't go to ah, they can't do anything. Yeah. By the way, By the way, hib has crawfished this weekend, in case she wanted to know. Our daughter is on a crawfish kick, and she pointed that out yesterday.
Speaker 2: She's like that, I.
Speaker 3: Didn't know they did crawfish.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Everything, you could buy them hot by the pound. Yep, Oh my good, that that sounds amazing.
Speaker 2: I'm doing that. I know.
Speaker 1: I think it's this weekend and next weekend. I'm not exactly sure. You may have to place your order ahead of time too. Shoot, my daughter's leaving town this weekend. She loves crawfish. Oh she does. Is she going on a fun trip?
Speaker 3: She's going to Iceland. Oh she is going on that trip? Yeah, Raikovic, Yeah, I guess.
Speaker 2: So. Wow, that's cool. I've heard it's awesome.
Speaker 5: My friend Seawan, who has been a lot of places, travels the world regus at least, that Iceland is top three for her.
Speaker 2: Wow, what's your motivation? JB.
Speaker 3: So she and her boyfriend are on and off, and they're kind of on kind of off, but they had planned this trip. His family's going on the trip and she's going with them, and they were It's funny because they were kind of not sure if they were together or not. And she goes, well, I still want to go on the trip, right because they planned this like six months ago, and so yeah, there it's you know, with her boyfriend, whether they're an item or not, I don't know the latest, but they're going just for fun. She does love traveling. I'm impressed with her. You know, she took a trip to New Zealand a couple of years ago and met a friend over there and spent some time on her own too, at twenty one years old, bouncing around.
Speaker 2: She likes to travel.
Speaker 3: She loves travel, just never ever had a lick of fear in it when she was little. You know, we were traveling a lot when she was ten years old doing the wakesurf stuff, and for some reason, like at the time, I didn't have TSA approval, right, you know, this is going back ten plus years, and because of her age, I guess she was always TSA pre And she'll be like, see y'all later. It's just like ten years old. Yeah, I'll meet you out the gate, see you. Like she's just super comfortable traveling in airports and all.
Speaker 2: That help stuff. How long is she going to Iceland for?
Speaker 3: I have no idea.
Speaker 2: My stories we lovely.
Speaker 4: From the lastyr Whold studio. Here's Tricia Delicia.
Speaker 3: All right.
Speaker 5: I feel like this has taking it way back, like you know how everything gold is new again. I feel like this crime falls into that category. A bunch of people living in central Austin, right near Guadalup in thirty second Street, woke up last week last Thursday morning to find their tires slashed, like seven or eight cars had at least one or two slashed tires. Some people didn't even notice it until they backed out of the driveway and started driving down the street. KXA In spoke to a bunch of people there and they're like, we've never had this happen before, but we have talked to the police.
Speaker 4: They've all filed police reports.
Speaker 5: And I'm just saying, if it's somebody bringing back old school crime like this one, you can't do anything when this happens. Ain't got no tires, she can't go anywhere, right, right, right. And I was telling our daughter about this story, and she dropped some information on me that Sandy and I both were like, why do you know this? She goes, fun, fact, if you're going to slash someone's tires, make sure you do at least two or three because insurance won't pay for only pays for one or four.
Speaker 2: What was it four?
Speaker 4: One or four?
Speaker 5: So she's like, if you don't, if you want the people whose tires are slashing to get stuck with the bill, basically slash only two or three of their tires.
Speaker 4: We're like, why do you know that?
Speaker 2: Why? That's like, who's telling you these things? Like why do you know this?
Speaker 5: It's those same friends that she goes and she does the ding dong ditch with yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, which we encourage.
Speaker 5: Yeah, we encourage that. I don't encourage the slashing the tires. But don't y'all feel like this is like real old school kind of crime?
Speaker 2: Yeah, hoodlamish hoodlamish.
Speaker 4: Yes.
Speaker 5: So there was this a one night thing or is it on an ongoing No, it was a one night thing. Like I said, about seven or eight people also this happened. They had three or four people were report tire slashing. I don't know, like twenty twenty two, twenty twenty three combined. So it's in this specific area, the seven eight seven O five zip code that people keep going back to it.
Speaker 2: I have a question that might tell me a lot about both of you.
Speaker 1: If you when you slash a tire, do you just stick it into the side or do you have to go into the top, Like are the main tread?
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 6: I think you just slash the side. I think the side. I think the side's going to be too thick. Yeah, the tread's really thick. You just go through the side for ease of criminality. I think you go to the side. Do you really need to get in and out. Yeah, I think you're going for the side.
Speaker 1: It sounds like probably just a group of kids.
Speaker 4: Right, But that, I mean, what a pain with all the cameras out there. Yeah, anybody with anything, there's cameras everywhere.
Speaker 3: How about a lot of it. I haven't running anyone personally who's dealt with it. But all the people with Tesla's getting vandalized, really, somebody randomly vandalized their car because because they don't like, exactly stupid the crap out of it, I mean, tore it up, tore it up.
Speaker 2: They have them all on video.
Speaker 5: Because Tesla's don't Tesla's have cameras on the cars.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm like, wow, are they able to pursue it at all?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 1: Yeah, they turned it over to the police. Will they do anything? Who knows, you know, I mean who knows. But I talked to someone who is an adamant, very very very liberal person, doesn't like Elon. But she's like, but come on, yes, right, keen people's cars. So that's fire bombing places. It's ridiculous, It's it's just stupid. But men, are those cars everywhere? I mean there are everywhere. Maybe it's just because my beacon is up for it because that's what I'm kind of leaning towards getting our daughter for her first car. And just now that you have it in your brain, I just does everyone have one of these? I mean they're everywhere and they're cool.
Speaker 2: I mean they're cool cars.
Speaker 4: Aren't they really expensive to repair?
Speaker 1: Though?
Speaker 4: If something goes wrong? Like have I heard.
Speaker 2: That that is an issue?
Speaker 3: And that that is my understanding of it is why Hurts dumped them as a rental.
Speaker 5: Because if anything goes wrong, it's very expensive tomb.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and you know, one thing to keep in mind this and I again, this is just sort of paraphrasing what I've overheard. If you know, if you get a good bargain on a Tesla, just be prepared when it's time to replace those tires. They're like eight hundred apiece. Whoa, Oh, I didn't know that was the car because the cars are so heavy. Oh now, yeah, that was secondhand from someone who I trust. But they're like, yeah, people are getting sticker shock when they go in for their first set of tires.
Speaker 1: They're like, oh boy, the thing that just wrote me in is all the safety features and the Matricia pointed out a lot of other cars have those too. I mean I really like the the driver assist emergency assist where it takes over.
Speaker 5: Remember I did that story anything from twenty to twenty and newer is going to have all of those safety features.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, and as somebody I'm talking about myself who likes to ride bikes on public streets, like that feature alone could save someone a distracted driver from running over you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because you could see it.
Speaker 1: Then in my buddy's car, you can see the cyclist on the screen and the cars in front of you. I mean you can't even see them, but you can see them on the screen. It's crazy.
Speaker 3: I can't believe some of the technology out there. I have a little thing on the back of my bike that's made by Garment.
Speaker 2: It's a radar.
Speaker 3: I can it alerts me on my cycling computer when someone's approaching from.
Speaker 2: Oh wow, wow, that's wild.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: And I can tell how many cars are back there too, without even look turning in my head.
Speaker 1: Are you guys ever amazed at how technology has touched every piece of our life? I mean everything has changed from you know, like using an app at the grocery store to find something, to the garment on the back of your bike.
Speaker 2: It's just in everything is ridicular.
Speaker 3: I was, I was thinking about it just over the weekend, Like you know, it wasn't because I'm I'm a big fan of all the Yellowstone and spinoffs eighteen eighty three, nineteen twenty three, and you watch those and you go, it really wasn't that long ago.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, a couple hundred years, fifty years. I know.
Speaker 3: You sit there and you go, that's just a couple of generations.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah.
Speaker 3: And they have nothing.
Speaker 2: They had not their own wagons, horses, mules.
Speaker 4: It's kind of scary how fast it's advanced.
Speaker 2: I always watched those and those people don't have any d owner.
Speaker 4: They all stuck, and they all had hair.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they're all stuck and hair. Gross. Thanks for being with us. It's the JB and Sandy Show. It's Austin's eight station. That's the story we love. Thanks for listening to the podcast edition of the show. Listen every morning live on Austin's AD station one O three point one, or stream us on the iHeartRadio app. You can also ask your smart speaker to play one O three one Austin