Speaker 1: Welcome to the Great Detectives of Old Time Radio from Boise, Idaho. This is your host, Adam Graham. If you have a comment, email it to me Box thirteen at Great Detectives dot net, follow us on Twitter at Radio Detectives, and become one of our friends on Facebook, Facebook dot com slash Radio Detectives. Today's program is brought to you in part by the financial support of our listeners, and I want to highlight something that our patron supporters have done that will change our video theater Patreon supporters across the eight hundred dollars threshold. As a result of that, we did an upgrade have moved all of our video theater to an outside host of That means is videos will not slow down your old time radio listening enjoyment. And in addition to that, while we had been limiting the number of video theaters that we had available, thanks to our Patreon supporters, all past recordings that we did with the hosted videos are now up and will continue to be available. And you can follow the video podcast with public domain television programs and movies at Video Theater dot Great Detectives dot net, and if you want to support the program, You can do so either on a one time basis at support dot great Detectives dot net or become one of our Patreon supporters Patreon dot great Detectives dot net. Now it's time for today's episode of not Beat. I should mention that not Beat is entering kind of a dead zone where lost episodes really mean. We don't have very many episodes from this era. Between the fiftieth and ninety second episodes of not Beat, we have a grand total of four episodes that are available, so more than ninety percent missing. This one aired only five weeks after the previous one. The original air date on it is August the seventeenth of nineteen fifty one, and the title is they.
Speaker 2: NBC presents Frank Lovejoy in.
Speaker 3: Night Hi, this is Randy Stone. I cover the Nightbeat for the Chicago Star only tonight. It was too hot to cover anything, and I mean anything. It was too hot for wife killings, ganglin murders and such nonsense. Nobody had energy for much more than the wave of soggy newspaper back and forth in front of his face. And the standard reply to the standard question what's cooking? Was a dull me around ten o'clock with no story inside. I checked in with the office and the switchbird girl sounded like the last rows of last summer, but she managed to inform me that mister Baker, the night editor, wanted words with me. As she wearily connected me, I dug out my handkerchief and blotted the back of my neck. It's dom yeah, climbing year.
Speaker 4: Old Gillappia, and take her right out to the insane.
Speaker 3: Asylum and they got air conditioning.
Speaker 2: Oh, I'm serious.
Speaker 4: Is a report that a half a dozen police cars are parking at the entrance.
Speaker 2: I called a check, but the switchboard doesn't answer. Beat it up there, Randy.
Speaker 3: I headed for the outskirts of town, and soon I was approaching my destination. I guess the way the world's been spinning around, a lot of people are getting lost in the fog. Because this place was really big. Half a dozen huge buildings spread out across acres of greenland, and a mighty high fence running all the way around. But even while I was still blocks away, I knew something was wrong because though it was only around ten o'clock, in all those buildings there wasn't one light burning. I drove up to the gate, and yet they were police cars, and the police sergeant with the red flashlight signaled me to was stuck.
Speaker 2: What's your business, cousin.
Speaker 3: I'm a newspaper man, Randy Stone of a star.
Speaker 2: They're not buying any newspapers tonight. Got all the newspapers they need. All fine.
Speaker 3: Now you and your flashlights step aside.
Speaker 2: Now go on in.
Speaker 3: No one goes in, no one goes out orders, and you get on that gate phone, cousin, until the superintendent the press is pounding at the walls. And if I don't get in, I'm going back to town and invent a story. When I start inventing, sometimes I just never stop. Well, go ahead, cousin. When the sarge hung up the phone, he swung open the gates and waved me in with his pretty red flashlight, saying that I was to go right onto the administration building. As I drove up the curved roadway, I saw little shafts of light moving through the darkness all over the place, but still no lights anyplace else. I parked in front of the administration building and was met by a man also carrying a flashlight. That man, this is my name, a public relations officer. Oh what's going on here? It is rather embarrassing. You know, I'm quite sure they'll find him in a minute. Now find who The superintendent thinks it would be best if you talk to Fugati. Oh this week rising here the first age room. Easy, easy, easy with this chapter. Having his head bandaged. This is mister Stone, a newspaper reports, But I thought, well, the superintendent feels it's pointless to try and hide the facts in the longer.
Speaker 2: They caught Captain Bob, yet they.
Speaker 3: Expect you in a moment. I take it one of the inmates is escape. No, no, not really, he's still on the grounds. That's what we don't want. No alarming story about an escaped maniac.
Speaker 2: Maniac. Yeah a doc doc easy with a bandage, harder work with just a flashlight. Yeah, Captain Bob. That kills me, absolutely kills me. He's the artificial mayor of this place, a real veteran. Once he even applied by hash marks and service stars. And then the blow is top like this, easy doc man. Almost a huge man with a mind of a child, A gentle giant.
Speaker 3: You might say, gentle what caused he blow up?
Speaker 2: What caused it? Yeah, that's a reasonable question. We took away his brown sugar, his witch. He kept it in his foot locker for his oatmeal. Well, they were afraid of roaches, you know, so they kept asking him to turn it in Today. They got tired of him ignoring him, so they sent me around. He was all by himself in a warden, this giant of a man, sitting on his bed and his gym shoes and his red bathroom. Captain Bob, Captain Bob.
Speaker 3: Brow.
Speaker 2: That was splendid. That was splendid. Wasn't that splendid? Fog Yeah? Sure you know what? All in the diaphragm. It's right down here, the diaphragm, you see. Hell, how many times did I tell him, Enrico, if you only breathe properly and forgot the chicken, open your foot lock a, captain, And why the brown sugar? It's gotta go? Oh jurns okay, swoot, okay it myself, hold it? Dono's the lid? Oh goodbye, mister fogerty. Look I got my orders. Just stop that racket, will you. They gave me artist to take that sugar. Repeat that slowly, mister foy, I said, they gave me away, gave you orders there again. They know that brown sugar is the very essence of my power, so they must take it away from me. Now, come on, captain, how long ago was that did they decided I could no longer have my fine gold leaf tobacca plug. And wasn't it only last year that they made me shave my beard? Walt used to say to me, Walt Quitman, that is sure. Mine's a decent sort of beard. But yours, Captain Bobe, yours is pure silk, and they made me shave it. Cap, you're getting all excited. It's too hot to get excited. I've set back. I've bided my time. I've waited, and now I wait no longer. Cap, hands laugh of me. Forward, Cap sit down, No, no, don't make me use the night stick. I haven't used it yet. I haven't want to. Yeah, but I want to give it to me. Look out, get away from me a night stick. No, you must, you must. There are struck, There are struck struck, there are has struck. That's the last thing in the world I heard. Then I will loop up down here. I understand he's really raised. Kine broke into the power station, banged up the generator, Captain Bob. You just don't figure.
Speaker 3: Well, I don't suppose that one guy with a night stick is gonna do too much damage. Well, it's not quite that simple. Now he took the night stick and overpowered an armed guard, and now he has a gun. All fine, and that's why we've gone to such great links to protect the place.
Speaker 2: Huh.
Speaker 3: I'll answer this day that he speaks of he must mean the authorities here.
Speaker 2: Is that it? Oh? I don't think so. At least he hasn't tried to harm any of them, and with that gun he could do a pretty good job.
Speaker 3: Well, then who is the they?
Speaker 2: Your guess is as good as mine. I see that is one of the guards.
Speaker 3: The superintendent saw your car and raised the roof. Well, he told me I could come in, yes, but not the car. He wants nothing on the grounds that could possibly be used by Captain Bob and escape. He want you to remove the car immediately. You can park it in the parking area outside the wall. I went on out and started driving back down the road to the gate. The little groups with flashlights were still scattered all about, hunting for Captain Bob. But who was Captain Bob hunting for? Him. My friend, the police sergeant was still at the gate with his little red flashlight again, signaling me to stop you again, cousin, I'm just gonna park the car, be right back. What's that supposed to be good news?
Speaker 2: Go on?
Speaker 3: I passed the squad car scattered all over the place. The parking area was just ahead, and I started turning into it. I suddenly fell a metallic pressure on my neck, the barrel of a gun.
Speaker 2: Just keep going down the highway, my boy, and everything will beat Jim Dandy.
Speaker 3: I could see him in the rear view mirror, bright eyes on the shaggy gray brows, a bald head, and a full pink face, and even bigger than they had described him. Yes, I had myself a first class passenger and one and only Captain Bob.
Speaker 2: No, isn't an immortal sin the way old cap'n Bob twisted him all around his little finger. Huh Yeah, mental power? You know, ten ounces of brain tissue can move mountains, dry oceans, fill the sky with fire.
Speaker 3: Yeah, ten ounces. Sure, But me, I'm stuck with about half a gram. Falling for a gag like that, How where'd you call from?
Speaker 2: One of the other officers keeping my voice very low, very official. The superintendent insists that the car be moved at once. See Ellen used to I used to say to Ellen, you're the famous actress Ellen Drew. You know, Ellen, you must always remember live the part. If you're supposed to be an oyster stew, then become an oyster stew. Make it so real that people get heartburn. Captain Bob, she would reply, And that's sweet, gentle voice. What would I do without you? Well, that's very interesting.
Speaker 3: Now that you've outsmarted all the guards. What's the next step to.
Speaker 2: Ruthlessly hunt down and exterminate humanity's greatest enemy? Which is who were they?
Speaker 3: They?
Speaker 2: Well? Who else? Those scavengers, those ravagers. I really don't care about myself. I've lived my years. I'm an old man, heavy with honor and with time. Aristophanes, Uh huh, of course you know I'm quite insane. Oh, yes, yes, so it doesn't matter about me. See others, Oh what they have done the poor suffering humanity. I've heard the talk. Oh, yes, surely I have. You know, of course I can hear quite distinctly for a distance of some twenty three hundred miles. Oh, certainly, with the proper atmospheric conditions. Ah, And very often late at night, I lie there in my bed listening to the people talking in oh San Francisco and Houston, and Memphis and Upper New York State and such places. And what do I hear? They are causing prices to rise sky high. They buy more than they need, They hoard in their basements. They patronize a black market. They are so selfish, so thoughtless, they may bring on inflation and wipe out the savings and pensions of millions of innocent people. That's what I hear. And this I hear. They certainly elect some shabby politicians, but what can you expect. Most of the time they don't even bother to vote. If they don't use some judgment, they'll wreck the country. They again, You see that, Yes, I see it. Yes, And I hear talk about w too. They fell asleep again. If they don't wake up and prepare, civilization itself will go under. And they'll beat the blame. They they they they do this, and they do that. All the evil and suffering in the world they are responsible for. They well, and isn't it all rather simple? Oh, Captain Bob's gonna do the world one final service. He's gonna find these they and shoot them done like dogs.
Speaker 3: That sounds like a reasonable idea.
Speaker 2: Yes, of course, of course. I so you sign on your license plate, your newspaper man. Well then you must know where they live. You'll be able to bring me to them.
Speaker 3: Well, I suppose so, but it might take a long time.
Speaker 2: Can not takeing any longer than from Nodus seven o'clock tomorrow morning. Well, I have to be back at the asylum by then for breakfast. Missus Turner, the cook. She takes great pains preparing the oatmeal to my complete satisfaction.
Speaker 3: Oh well, in that case, why are you turning the car around? Well, that's all the time we got. Let's call it off for tonight and get an early start tomorrow evening, say around six.
Speaker 2: I see, now you've decided to trick Captain Bob.
Speaker 3: No, no, not at all. But if you're expected for.
Speaker 2: Breakfast, go over to the curse.
Speaker 3: I'm not trying to trick.
Speaker 2: At the present angle of my gun, the bullet should under your skull at the basil juncture, you will lose consciousness within one second, be dead within three. Okay, now you talking me into it, all right? No turn off the engine. Yep, it was a mistake to tell you I was insane. Now you think I'm on a harmless old fool, not at all. Oh, of course you do. But I'm not harmless, Sarah. I need your help. So I suppose I must convince you that I will not hesitate to use this gun if you force me.
Speaker 3: I believe you.
Speaker 2: Oh no, of course you don't. This strange weapon? Is it not a chunk of ore twisted into a vulgar shape? Yet it's made man supreme?
Speaker 3: Oh not, come on? Put down the gun. Captain shooting me won't help you?
Speaker 2: Who said anything about you? My boy? Observe?
Speaker 3: But pointing it at your hand, don't you've torn away half your finger?
Speaker 2: That's all right, I have others.
Speaker 3: Let me use his handkerchief as a torny. No, no trickery. Now come on here, Okay, I've got to pull it tight, all right?
Speaker 2: All right, now that's better.
Speaker 3: What a thing to do.
Speaker 2: Now you understand how serious I am about this. Obviously, if I can use the gun on myself, I wouldn't hesitate to use the gun on you if I felt you were trying to fool me. So take me into the city and let's hunt the rescals down. Yeah. One thing more, sir, Yeah, there can be trickery by omission. If you think you can drive me around in meaningless circles, will let me hasten to assure you that if we haven't found them by breakfast, well then I know you fool me and I will kill you.
Speaker 5: NBC is bringing you Nightbeat, starring Frank Lovejoy as Randy Stone. It's the Silver Jubilee on NBC Tonight. Your dial is set for Adventure with Inspector Thorn and mister Keen Tracer of Lost Persons. This evening, actor Carl Weber comes to the NBC microphone as the fast moving police investigator known as Inspector Thorn and later mister Keen Tracer of Lost Persons, brings you the heart hitting story of the poisoned Sandwich murder case. Now back to Nightbeat and Randy Stone.
Speaker 3: It was after one o'clock and I was driving through the Chicago streets, block after deserted flock. The Neon that Never went to sleep, still shouting its multi colored messages to empty sidewalks, past long rows of warehouses, wearily leaning one against the other, and through narrow cobblestones streets, driving purposefully like I had nothing but jumbo sized plans, while actually I didn't even have a small pocket sized idea. And Captain Bob in the back seat with his gun, growing more impatient all the time. And now it was almost two am, and in my mind's eye I saw the good cook what's her name, sleeping soundly and just a few hours away from starting the Captain's oat meal. And now we were getting close to the loop. I turned off Ashland Avenue to cross the bridge spanning the Chicago River, and at the other side of the bridge, I saw a most wonderful sight two police cars blocking the way, their red warning lights blinking angrily.
Speaker 2: Turned around quickly, my boy, and.
Speaker 3: Suddenly, in the rear view myrr eye saw still another police car swing in behind us. We were caught on the bridge, trapped like a butterfly on a half dozen spears of light.
Speaker 2: What, Captain Bob, I'm turning the matter over in my mind. That you're strong, right, all right? It slowly, man, mister Stone. Tell him how comfortable the skun feels against your head?
Speaker 3: Hat Hell, lieutenant, take it easy. Captain Bob has sort of got me covered. Captain Bob hear me?
Speaker 2: Can I hear him? I've heard Brisbane, Australia on a very calm night. Can I hear him? You don't hear me? Captain Bob?
Speaker 3: He hears you, but he's not impressed. Cap. What do you want them to do?
Speaker 2: Clear off the bridge so we can get on with our chore. It's getting late.
Speaker 3: Look, Cap, I'm going to be frank with you, and if you want to pull the trigger, well, my insurance is paid up.
Speaker 2: Well what is it, my boy?
Speaker 3: I don't have any idea where they may be. Oh, it's true, but you take the lieutenant now, it's his job to know those things. I bet he could tell us where they are.
Speaker 2: Just like that, all right, call him over and ask him.
Speaker 3: Oh no, no, we can't do it that way. If he knows that you want to find out about they just to kill him. Why he'll never tell us?
Speaker 2: Well why not? For goodness sake?
Speaker 3: Well he just won't. He's a funny guy. So well, so let me go over and talk to him, you know, call him around, wheel it out of him.
Speaker 2: You think you can, my boy, Yes, I think so.
Speaker 3: I've known him for many years. He's not very bright.
Speaker 2: Oh, I could tell that from his voice. He does all this talking from his jowls. So I'll go over and ask him. Huh, you, you wouldn't be fooling an old man with a sore finger. Scout's on her, captain, all right, call that young policeman over there, the one that's leading on the finger of the squad car.
Speaker 3: Oh him, oh, oh him. He's an old cousin.
Speaker 2: Of Yeah, call him over if you want to talk to the lieutenant.
Speaker 3: Hey, sarge me, come on over.
Speaker 2: You not to something?
Speaker 3: Send him over, Lieutenant Roger, go on, cousin. The minute I saw you tonight, I knew I'd have been better off with.
Speaker 2: Typhoid, both of us. Now, I tell you what I'd like for you to do, young man. You just lean your head in through the window. What is do?
Speaker 3: What he says, I've got to go talk to the lieutenant.
Speaker 2: Now we take the gun from mister Stone's head and place it against yours. Hey, all right, mister Stone, go to your conference. They dashboard clock says seven minutes after two. If you have not returned by ten minutes after two, this unfortunate young man will meet with sudden disaster. Stone, I don't like this.
Speaker 3: No one could blame you, don't. I started walking across the bridge to the lieutenant's patrol car. A long string of coal barges were slithering slowly by on the greasy waters far below. Now, whatever unknown radar awakens people out of a sound sleep and sends them running to disaster was already at work. Both ends of the bridge were lined with the curious, and most of the police officers were busy keeping them at a distance. Lieutenant Boyle stood beside his squad car. Lieutenant, tell me, how did you find out that he was with me?
Speaker 2: The sergeant?
Speaker 4: After you lift to park your car and didn't come back, he started wondering, checked and found it been a phony call that added up. We've been trying to corner you all night. What are you gonna do with that character?
Speaker 3: Well, we've got one problem, and it's how to make him use up those bullets in his gun. Yeah, but now look, I got a crazy thought it might work. If it doesn't, well it's my funeral. And as the little joke goes, that's not a.
Speaker 2: Figure of speech. All right, what is it?
Speaker 3: You know where the river view is?
Speaker 2: Yeah? That amusement park on the west side. Yeah, what are we going to do? Right America around.
Speaker 3: Everything is closed up this time of the night. But see if you can get him to cooperate with you. Captain Bob is looking for something. He calls. They don't ask me to go into that. There's no time.
Speaker 2: But if we work this, welcome back, my boy. Yeah. I was telling this lad here that those barges reminds me of my river days or the Mississippi. He seemed distinctly uninterested.
Speaker 3: I can't imagine why.
Speaker 2: All right now, point the gun at him.
Speaker 3: Yeah, right in the old Basil jundger. That's that's it, cousin. I was really sweating you out, Believe me. I was tempted to start walking.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, well goodbye. Now did you get the information, my boy? Well, you know something. You want to circle this date with a red pencil. Cat.
Speaker 3: This is your lucky night. Oh they are all together under one roof having a meeting.
Speaker 2: Oh, doubtlessly plotting some new devil.
Speaker 3: Sure, but I know exactly where they are.
Speaker 2: Oh this is grand news. Well, police are leaving for sure.
Speaker 3: I told him you were going to go back to the institution like a good, solid citizen, and so I shall when I'm finished. But now to the task.
Speaker 2: Ahead, Yeah, to the task ahead.
Speaker 3: It was two forty five am when we pulled up before the darkened amusement park, the Ferris Whale silhouetted against the dark sky, and the empty seats creaking just a little, as though worn out from generations of screaming children. The towering wooden structure of the Superbods dipping and rising gracefully in the night, and the funhouse in the merry Ground and the Tunnel of Love, all sealed up a wilderness and potential joy, but now very quiet and painfully lonely, an amusement park where no one was being amused. We walked down the boardwalk Captain Bob gun in hand and Randy stone heart in mouth.
Speaker 2: A strange place for they to be meeting, my boy.
Speaker 3: Well, wouldn't they pick such a place, knowing that no one hauld ever think of looking for them here? Well, of course, Oh the treachery of them. It's just a head now, that little building there.
Speaker 2: Yes is, Oh, the dream of a lifetime reaching fluition.
Speaker 3: It's all boarded up, but you can see the lights gleaming through the cracks. Yes, now here is what you've got to remember there will be many, many of them. They're all armed, and they're on guard. I do not fear, no, no, but you want to get as many as you can.
Speaker 2: Oh, yes, indeed, indeed.
Speaker 3: Okay, I keep your voice down. Now you've got to start shooting the instant. You go through that door and keep shooting as fast as you can. Yes, that is if you can shoot fast.
Speaker 2: Well, trust me, you will not be able to separate the sound of the shots. Good luck, my boy, Thank you. Will you shake my hand? Of course, you've been a loyal ally. The time will come when children will sing folk songs in your honor. Your statue will stand in public parks. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Now, look, I'm going to tear open the door, and you rush in and start shooting. Yes, yes, ready, said yeah, go After that, things happened rapidly. The park, which it seemed so empty, now suddenly filled with police, all running toward me. And behind them came the swarms of citizens, again, coming in all directions, attracted by the shots.
Speaker 2: A good Workstone, Get the door open, boys, bring them out.
Speaker 3: Through the open door. I looked in on a house of mirrors. Most of the mirrors were shattered, now just bits of glass hanging from the walls, and Captain Bob the empty gun hanging limply in his hand, still looking at the wreckage, dazedly realizing at last that he'd been shooting in his own reflections.
Speaker 2: Old timer.
Speaker 4: Let's get going easy with him, boy, that's it easy.
Speaker 3: And now the entrance to the House of Mirrors was jammed with people craning their necks.
Speaker 2: For a look. Step aside, give us room, overside, folks, it's all over, Go on home, Come on one side.
Speaker 3: And while the police tried to clear a path through the crowd for a moment to so, Captain Bob and I stood face to face.
Speaker 2: Oh you tricked me after all, my boy, it's a cruel blow. Captain Bob didn't expect that.
Speaker 3: You come on, all of you.
Speaker 2: I tell you, one side, okay, Captain, let's go here. Trick me. You shouldn't have done that to me, my boy, You just don't understand.
Speaker 3: And then he was gone. He was back home and plenty of time for his oatmeal without brown sugar. But even after they took all Captain Bob away, somehow the people still hung around the doorway of the House of Mirrors, just in case there might be something else to see. Their faces reflected endlessly in the broken mirrors, all kinds of faces, fat, lean, bright, dull, high and cheekbones, low cheekbones, square chins, no chins, white faces, black faces, endless faces, millions of faces reflected again and again and again in the mirrors. And gradually it dawned on me that perhaps I hadn't tricked Captain Bob after all. I guess I had brought him to the right place. Because of course there's no big mystery about it. These were the they all right, that's us, all of us. But if they are responsible for the bad, they are also responsible for the good. Actually, when you got right down to it, to end all the injustices that so angered Captain Bob, they need to learn only one thing more, that they are the children of God, and that each of them.
Speaker 2: Is his brother's keeper. Wow.
Speaker 3: What a knight? Uh? Our one copy boy, one icebag and two aspers huh.
Speaker 5: Night Beat, starring Frank Lovejoy, is produced and directed by Warren Lewis to Night's story was written by Larry Marcus with music by Robert Armbrewster. The part of Cap was played by Bill Conrad Others in Tonight's cast were Paul Dubove, Howard mcneer, Frank Gersil and Jeff Corey. Frank Lovejoy can currently be seen starring in Warner Brothers Force of Arms. Listen next week at this time and every week as Randy Stone searches through the city for the strange stories waiting for him in the darkness. It's the Silver Jubilee on NBC. There's plenty of fun in store for you tomorrow night with Inside Bob and Ray. Bob Elliott and Ray Goulding, the newest comedy team in radio, bring you the light, satire and nonsense sketches designed to display their many vocal impressions and impersonations. Here Inside Bob and Ray Saturday evening for one full, fun filled hour on NBC. Join Inspector Thorn. Next on NBC, this is Andrew J.
Speaker 2: Graham, author of the web surface series Oh and a Man and his Wife. You're listening to the great detectives of Old Time Radio.
Speaker 1: Welcome back. A tremendous performance from William Conrad and really, outside of gun Smoke, I don't think any old time radio series gave him a better chance to show what he could do as an actor, and it reflects the power of radio, because the reason you don't see these sort of really rich roles for Bill Conrad and many of the other media is he didn't physically fit a lot of the tops that television and film really came to rely on. On radio, he could perform in any role that he could be convincing in, and we're seeing it not be that there was such a great variety of roles, and I like how he's able to make so many of these characters very different. Now there are some of the characters he've played that are more of the typical hoods and heavies that he played on other series. There are so many great memorable roles that he portrayed, so many fantastic emotional moments, and this episode I think was just another example clearly different from the other characters he's played on the series, with a lot of thought into creating this character, and it says a lot about an actor's work ethic as well as the strength of the script that you come in you're going to hear in a radio show for half an hour and a guest part, not going to be paid a ton of money, and probably the episode as far as you know is never going to be listened to again, and Conrad you not be just went out there time and time again and created these unforgettable characters. I also did like the closing line of this episode. I should say of Randy's column the episode, the closing line of the episode was funny. With a lot of the column, it really could be Randy Stone's credo. It's the theme of his life and in the series as a whole. So a very solid episode and again this makes me really wish we had more episodes from this period in the series, but we'll take what we have and look forward to next week and another episode of Nightbeat coming up tomorrow though pursuit. In the meantime, do sendra Commons Box thirteen at Greatdetectives dot net, follow us on Twitter our Radio Detectives, and become one of our friends on Facebook, Facebook, dot com, slash Radiodetectives, and check out our YouTube archive YouTube dot Greatdetectives dot net. But from Boiseidaho, this is your host, Adam Grahamson and off