Speaker 1: Hello there, children. Hey, how's it going good? Well? How about I meet you boys after work and we have meg love.
Speaker 2: Excuse me, come on, children.
Speaker 1: You're my sexual fantasy. Let's all make sweet love.
Speaker 2: Chef? Are you okay?
Speaker 1: I want to stick my balls inside your rectum?
Speaker 2: Kyle, dude, what are you saying? I'm going to.
Speaker 1: Meg love too, your asshole? Children?
Speaker 3: Kick ass?
Speaker 4: Welcome to Going Down to South, part of the podcast where we always have ourselves a time, and we're here to kick off our season ten reviews here. I'm Dano with the return and the demise of Chef. I'm Dano, although.
Speaker 5: You're better say the Return of God. And I was about saying I want to make love to your dand oh in your asshole?
Speaker 4: I want to put my balls in your directive.
Speaker 5: By the way, I'm guy. Yes, welcome to Going Down South pick season two. Oh my god, we are burning through them. Yes, the return of Chef? Or is I like call it trade Parker versus isaacays? Yeah, it's it's not really, It's not really Parker versus Haes. It's more Parker and Stone versus scientology.
Speaker 4: I do feel that they're mocking Isaac because but most I think it is definitely more Scientology, Yeah, because they do at least give Chef the character he's hero a moment at the end, and I think by the end of it, you know, very briefly, Yeah, you know that Parker and Stone love isaacys and they're probably very bitter and sad by how it all transpire, it lashing out. Watching this one, you're gonna watch this through two different lenses, through the lens of someone who in two thousand and six thinking that Isaac's actually said the things that he said, and apparently it's been coming out. His son has said that he didn't actually say to you that that was the Scientology reps putting words in his mouth. So you watch this episode in retrospect and it's kind of sad because you think, ah, Isaac didn't actually think all these things. Yeah, And you read the interviews where Matt's like, ah, you know, he was okay when we're bad mouthing you know, every other religion, but when it's his na I can't do that, buddy, An you think, oh, that relationship is sour because of Scientology.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and apparently yeah, and that's something allegedly apparently you can only imagine what it would have been like for isaacay Is sitting at home if he's watching this episode, aging, shit, what do I do to you? Guys? Yes, I mean they really if you're using sheep as an avatar for Isaaka's and it's pretty hard to sort of distinguish the two. I mean, Chef feels like he was sort of very much created around Isaac Hayes. Yeah, it would be hard like Michael Jordan not to take that personally.
Speaker 4: Yeah, saying that though, I watched this going again and I think that season ten is gonna be one of these seasons more so than not, because I've read that Trey Parker said every episode here it was the most turbulent season because every episode was bringing controversy. Right. But again, this is similar to the Trump one, where if you don't know the backstory, it's kind of confusing. You have no idea what's going on? Why is Chef talking like this? If you are in on the joke, I see, because Isaac's not on the show anymore, so they're using old, old clips of his voice and they're making it sound ridiculous and scientology yadyad YadA. If you're just a viewer of South Park who doesn't know why Chef left, doesn't know the backstory, which might have been more prominent back then than it is now because we didn't have we had the Internet, but people wren knowing the behind the scenes as much as they would, especially in Australia. I remember watching this episode for the first time and I'm pretty sure it was marketed as the return of Chef, and me being a fan of someone from the first few seasons, I was like, oh, yeah, Chef's back, this is great, and I'm watching this and I'm going, what is going on here? This is what I already died at the end what it was almost like disappointing as a viewer.
Speaker 5: I understand why that would be the case, absolutely. I mean it feels like you sort of have to do your homework or you have to do added work to yeah, understand everything that's going on here to be sort of as he said in on the joke, or at least up to speed with what's going on.
Speaker 4: Yeah, because the whole Adventurers Club and stuff are You're like, wait, is this just the scientology touched in the closet again? What's going on here? And it pretty much exactly was the same story, wasn't it?
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, well down of the bit where they actually said this is what some and so actually believes, but they're not. We're running this Longe, We're running this one again. Okay, yeah, even though they are as you said, yeah, different things but same same but different.
Speaker 4: So an entertaining episode if you know the backstory. If you don't know the backstory of the ins and outs of why they're doing it, it's I wouldn't really say it's a very good episode, it's it's funny for how weird.
Speaker 5: It is, I guess.
Speaker 4: But if if you don't know the Isaac y story, you would have no fucking idea what is going on.
Speaker 5: Having said that, if you're ten seasons into south Park and you're a bit of a say, super fan, at this stage, you are probably the person who is reading all the behind the scenes Michigan and like, are all of them all all of them?
Speaker 4: It's not for everyone, I guess, but I think south By fans, Yeah, I guess they're probably they're savvy enough now and they've sort of they've weeded out the ones that are just casual viewers.
Speaker 5: That's true. Yeah, I mean, what have we said about previous episodes, like maybe you're not sticking around if this episode is we're going to burn off a few people. Yeah, like I just tuned in for a few giggles and some fourmouth kids or whatever. This is not exactly what.
Speaker 4: I came for. Do you think there was some sincerity there with a send off with with Chef? I thought there was because I thought it was Kyle's. Was Kyle stand at the end of given the eulogia? I think it was Kyle given the ulge?
Speaker 5: I think it was Kyle.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I feel like that's how Parker and Stone feel about Isaac.
Speaker 5: I think so. I think there's a lot of mixed emotions here from Parker and Stone.
Speaker 4: It was almost them saying we don't dislike you, but we can't believe you let these dickheads brainwash you.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and that you said this stuff about you after, you know, and maybe they view themselves as kind of like, well, we brought you back into the fold, we brought you back into the public eye. I mean, everyone loves Isaac Heay's you know a theme from Shaft but Duke from Escape from New York.
Speaker 4: But nobody my age knew who was at that point.
Speaker 5: No, and this gave him a whole new fan base and a whole new sort of level of recognition for him to then sort of turn around and say, yeah, to diss these guys and to diss the show and everything. Yeah, of course they would take it personally as well.
Speaker 1: Well.
Speaker 4: It made Isaac Hayes cool.
Speaker 5: Yeah, sure, I mean he was always cool, but yeah, yeah, but I know what Jimmy.
Speaker 4: Irrelevant again that there's a great clip I reckon. I've probably touched on this in our chefde episode review back many many years ago of as WWF New York. So ww F tried to have their own restaurant in Times Square, which it went, which went bankrupt. Eventually they sort of pulled the pin on it. Shock, But Isaac Hayes was there performing Chocolate Salty Balls Live and vince It Man is just like right into it. And the more you don't met Vincement Man, now you're just like this, guys, it's kind of weird, but it's a great cup. We're just seeing Vincement Man, this who at the time was just you know, this evil billionaire tyrant on TV, just letting his head down dance into chocolate salty balls. But yeah, I thought this episode here definitely had its moments. I knew the backstory, so I got a good chuckle out of it. But I'm watching this imthing and if Nikola wouldn't understand what the fuck is? No, Yeah, and that's the thing, she would watch this and go, this is just childish bullshit.
Speaker 5: Yeah, there's a lot of fun if you're in the if you know you know club. Yeah, Yeah, you're right. I mean, I think it's I think it's interesting that you're sort of using Nikola as a bit of a bit of a litmus test for certain episodes because.
Speaker 4: She wouldn't enjoy She would find the chef you know in your nus it'stuff funny because it sounds so ridiculous. But she wouldn't know why they're doing it, that's right, And I think you really need to know why they're doing it to properly understand the human behind it, because I think I think the joke that isn't it doesn't sound funny. The joke is i'ld look what they've done done to Yeah it looks yeah, and the whole.
Speaker 5: Mechanics of it just using old footage or old material, old old bits of dialogue that've spliced together or repurposed or whatever. It's kind of funny. That's the yea, the weird glitcheness quality is like, yeah, they've rewired this guy's brain.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean, I stand by my step. I do think Chef is handled with sincerity here because they making the butt of the joke with his you know, rectum and newness and have sex with children. But the character itself has been brainwashed. Yeah, he's not doing this because they're not. It is mocking the character, but the character itself isn't doing it because he wants to. And he gets his hero a moment of I want to make love to your woman, and he starts seeing and stuff and they take him away. He tries to save the kids. At the end there when he goes back to the club. I think that was the moment there where they're kind of saying, oh, we've lost you, We've lost you. Yeah, yeah, because he was he was going to get back.
Speaker 5: You chose your side, didn't your mate. Yeah, you're with this organization.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and as a result of you choosing that side, you're going to be eating my baron Mountain Lion.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you're gonna die very grisly death and then you're gonna shit your pants.
Speaker 1: Yea.
Speaker 5: The final insults.
Speaker 4: Saying that though if you're going to go out on South Pipe is this. It's not the only way. Parkers don't know how to handle it, but that's the way you've got to expect them to handle it. That's that's the reputation they're built. You're gonna trust Parker and Stwing to be parkern Stone. No one's going to get a send off that's just deeply emotion from beginning. There's some character maybe if, like you know, the voice actor behind mister Slave passed away, I feel like mister Slave would get a nice, proper send off because well, I guess it depends how it happened. But Isac has hadn't passed away yet. He did pass away not long after this episode and just a couple of years later. I feel like if he wanted to come back and gave up and left the Scientology, they would have taken him back because they gave him sort of the out here of you can come back as Darth Vader. They didn't kill him off. Yeah, they said there's still a chance.
Speaker 5: Even though that's a different voice. Yeah, entirely. Yeah, I get where you're coming from. Well, you know, just have him come back as like ghost chef or something like that.
Speaker 4: Anything.
Speaker 5: Yeah, there's so many ways to go about that.
Speaker 4: Yes, or even like you know, remember when Chef did this, remember that it needs to happen Chef. It was nice having Chef back there, don't you think? Oh yeah, even though it was you knew the voice wasn't real, but just him saying ah kids, and you're like, hey, it felt felt And they did front loaded.
Speaker 5: I mean they sort of had their tongue in their check. I mean, this is very much the Parker and Stone way of like, I think they're sincere people, but they hate a formative, manipulative quote unquote sincerity. So all that stuff at the start was like I'm going to miss him and I don't know how to say it. He's a friend.
Speaker 4: Yeah, all that kind well they did it when Kenny was passing away, to be sure.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I think underlying all that is you know, a real sorry to use it what again, but sincerity about oh this guy doesn't mean locked it was. He was pivotal to early success.
Speaker 4: He was very pivotal. Did he add credibility to South because I was too young to sort of know that kind of aspect. But did you have been in your twenties at this point.
Speaker 5: Yeah. Yeah. I won't say it add credibility, That's not what i'd say, but I'd say gave it a little bit of weight or no, gave it a talking point. I was like, oh, you know, is this is Isaac Hay you know theme from Shaft. It's the coolest thing of all time.
Speaker 4: I think the music played a big role in the early years of the show, Like Chef Chef was massive, absolutely, and anyone could have done Chef, but it's hard to imagine anyone else doing Chef now that you've heard Isaac Hay. It was locked in, that doesn't it It does? Yeah, having like chocolate Salty Balls was so big for kids at that point.
Speaker 1: Sure it was.
Speaker 4: We loved because it was like we were allowed to sing it because it's like we're talking about delicious.
Speaker 5: Do you mean a chocolate treaty? Like what's his name?
Speaker 4: Says at the end, my mom, you damn you, Isaac. Did you have any favorite moments in the episode though, Something I really.
Speaker 5: Like is, yeah, Chef is back and he's seeing a little bit weird, but there was like, no, we're just so happy to have your back. And then it gets really weird when the kids go in to get there, get their lunch or whatever, and that's when he starts saying all this Cloude wants them. Yeah, well that's there's Clyde. But before that you hear some kids saying it's really weird what he said. It kind of confuse me.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it was like, what's the d about?
Speaker 5: Is that? Is that just a throwaway? Is that's something else entire.
Speaker 4: I like those little throw away conversations.
Speaker 5: Yeah, oh no, Chef's coming down there. And I mean, yeah, it's a little sort of I mean the first time you hear it, but then I think I sort of went, I'm going to make love to your asshole children. God damn man.
Speaker 4: It was very funny though it was it was I liked when they use it in the case of sometimes like children, it's.
Speaker 5: Just so randomly assembled. I thought that was great. But one thing I always like in a parking Stone thing is when they've got authority figures or people you're meant to trust who were just perverts and scumbags. Always always, and yeah, the I'm sorry, I don't know if we actually got the guy's name, but he did.
Speaker 4: The detective is he a detective Jervis?
Speaker 5: Is he a detective or psychiatrist?
Speaker 4: Or psychiatrist is in his later an episode? Oh okay, do you mean a psychiatrist as well? Automate the detective that had the doll. Yeah, I'm talking about the goal detective. That's the detective Jervis. Okay, it's the sheer. Try one of these on the sides.
Speaker 5: I mean, he's just getting more and more gross.
Speaker 4: But just do you ever try one of these opposites of tongue but as the mica. But did that for me one day? Oh my god, that was on my favorites.
Speaker 5: So yeah, they're my my favorites.
Speaker 4: Yeah, like that, and this is the dialogue, but also likes stand explaining the us. The hypnotizing device. What is it? It's called a pinwheel it is, yeah, yeah, reminds me for some reason, I've like Beetlejuice, just the black and the white pin strip. Yeah, yeah, I.
Speaker 5: No, it's definitely Beetle Juice, isn't it. It's very sort of Tim burtony it is.
Speaker 4: Yeah, maybe like not before Christmas who knows.
Speaker 1: That's okay.
Speaker 3: Remember there are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
Speaker 4: All right, trivia time. Your first question for me, please, My.
Speaker 5: First question to you is how long was chef in the Super Adventure Club?
Speaker 4: Oh? Was it four years?
Speaker 5: It was three months?
Speaker 4: Three months? Not long at all? Okay. What is the name of the head adventure?
Speaker 5: Is it William P. Connolly?
Speaker 1: Correct?
Speaker 5: There's a lot of Williams in the Super Adventure Club. The hot lunch menu behind the boys when they go into the cafeteria has two items on it. You only have to name one of them.
Speaker 4: I don't know any of them.
Speaker 5: Okay, fine, it was you could have gumbo with rice and corn bread sounds top bad? Or cream chip beef on toast delicious. What did Kyle wish he was making? Oh, saucery steak O butter noodle? Butter noodle so that I didn't know what that is. It's just noodles with.
Speaker 4: Butter, is it? As you look it up?
Speaker 5: No, we just know this. I've heard this from other Okay, I've heard a few times. Because you have buttered noodles.
Speaker 4: Like, doesn't make it crisp up more.
Speaker 5: It just makes them buttery. It's just you.
Speaker 4: So you just you cook them. Never put butter on top. Boid do you cook it in the butter?
Speaker 5: No, you put butter on top. I think that's all it is. So you either do like pasta noodles or we do ramen and just whack a bunch of butter in there.
Speaker 4: But it does make most things taste good though. Oh absolutely, I've never tried it. No, it's just I've learned it by my thirty seven years of existence. Never hate on somethunless you've tried it first.
Speaker 5: Correct. Yes, that's it might sound weird. No, it's good advice. But I think it also sounds very much like a childish thing where it's like noodles, the rare did not have any like meat or vegetables or anything. Just give me the noodles and some batri and them.
Speaker 4: The kids have just discovered spaghetti on toast. All right, spaghetti? How good is the best man? And it's sort of bad for you. It's got a lot of salt, but it's like it's like I mean, I call Jackles, Oh yeah.
Speaker 5: Yeah, so good. Just speaking about but it quickly. I mean I was reading some interview with some chef and I think one of the It was like an open question kind of thing, and so I like, why is you know food from a restaurant always better than food you make at home? And butter We just throw a bunch of butter in that and that's it.
Speaker 4: Not just garlic, salt and pepper. You need butter as well.
Speaker 5: You go to throwing butter.
Speaker 4: Yeah, your next question, my final question is what is the name of I love? Rebecca returned, Oh, yeah, I thought. I'm surprised that. I can't believe it wasn't your favorite moment. I was going to talk about it during the episode and just Monique Monique on Monica. I think it was Monique Monique Monique. What is the name of the striper that gets chef back.
Speaker 5: A yeah, Oh goddamn. I wrote down my nigue and I didn't. I want to say spentabulous, spontaneous, bouteque goodness. Got uh And I have one more for you. We mentioned a lot of Williams and the super Adventures come in. They found it was William Phineas he died when and how?
Speaker 4: Oh he died? Ah, I can envision it now. I don't know where he died, ah lost he was hit by a train by train. He had the footage of it.
Speaker 5: Yeah in eighteen ninety two.
Speaker 4: Eighteen ninety two, I thought you said where?
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, no when? Where?
Speaker 1: And how?
Speaker 4: Sorry? I STI wouldn't know when anyway. All right, that is trivia. Let's get into some cheeseypoof shout outs.
Speaker 5: Absolutely, I love cheesypoofs.
Speaker 1: You love cheesypoofs. Weed didn't chezypoofs.
Speaker 4: Weedy started with the incredible Katy. Do you think you so much Katie for your ongoing support at Going Down to South.
Speaker 5: Indeed, we will try to make our season ten recaps and reviews as enjoyable as the previous ones.
Speaker 4: She'll be enjoying her early ad free access, as will these people. We've got Glenn Gomez, Justin Parker, Zach prut Shannimacher, Elliott j O'Neil, Isabella Murphy, Rach Beasley, Stephen Roberts, Sean dv, Pete Anderson, Timothy Belson, Andrew Davis, Kevin Dental Planned, Flood, Bello winter Bank, Jack McFadden, Heath Applebye, Adrick McLeod, March Eleven Ginger and Pickle, Preston, Murray, Tillia, Enriquez, Declan Phoenix, Brian McCoy, Logan B James Shephard, Joe Readenseec, Dave Pretzels, McNelly, Gavin Lang, Demi Miller, Charlie Joe, Abigail b Sharpcater and Craig Alti smash Globster, each and every one of those people absolutely cheesy. But we love each and every one of those books, don't we.
Speaker 5: I want to make love to old the patrons.
Speaker 4: Oh in the nis, where you're gonna put your scrotum wherever. All right, let's get into our review of the Return of Chef. It originally aired March twenty s second two thousand and six. The top three films at the US box office were The Shaggy Dog, Failure to Launch and V for Van Detta. Okay, great mixture there.
Speaker 5: Really not really no a good mixture of genres of stuff. Absolutely, but Shaggy Dog starring Tim Allen. I believe you know he's got a supporting role in that. Who Robert Downey Jr.
Speaker 4: Does he? Really? He does? As another dog?
Speaker 5: I don't believe so.
Speaker 4: Okay, actually much a double check that, but I'm.
Speaker 5: Pretty sure our DJ is in the Shaggy Dog. And then it's a couple of years later his own man. How about that the Hills Have Eyes in the top five. There, she's the man, ah man, the Bynes. What a downfall he Oh my goodness. Yes, we love the kids. I've only seen bits and pieces of was like, no, you were actually legitimately talented.
Speaker 4: She very much was.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Channing Tatum is in the She's the man, you know, he's the Yeah.
Speaker 4: That's right.
Speaker 5: Yeah. Hills Have Eyes is great?
Speaker 4: Is really good, isn't it?
Speaker 5: It's really gnarly.
Speaker 4: I think my three favorite modern esque horror films Hills of Eyes, and they're all remakes. I think He's of Eyes. One of them's not Texas Chains or two thousand and three Wi Jessica Bille and Wrong Turn.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, Wrong Turn coming out in a.
Speaker 4: Huge Sash audition four box set.
Speaker 5: From our Pals of the Umbrella.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm going to be getting already semi one of those.
Speaker 5: Hi guys out to Umbrella.
Speaker 4: All right. Yeah, So that was the top three top five films at the US box office when this episode ed, written and directed, of course, by Trey Parker. Indeed, the episode kicks off with a previously on South Bay, so none of this actually happened. No, but it's explaining that it's because I wonder how this was marketed on TV. Was it marketed as the return of Chef on the demise of Chef. I'm pretty sure this was marketed as the return of Chef because they would have wanted to keep the death suppose.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but that's it's also Parker and Stone saying, nah, we little stinkers.
Speaker 4: You know, yeah, I thought Isaac left the show.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you get this. It's like almost immediately you get that something's up with the whole. He's reading about super EVENTU. Wow. Yeah, all these readings, I mean, of course they sound like Isaac Hay and I didn't.
Speaker 4: Pick up on it until he first came back. Yeah, I was like, that's they just sound odd. Yeah, everyone's really sad to see him, especially Cartman. I don't know how to do it.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yes, all these emotional reactions and and Chef doesn't really have much response to at all, just good bye.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yes, he's not no emotion at all. But and now part two of Life with Chef, the kids are playing.
Speaker 5: As are they just not deriving any joy from it though, even from ripping on one another.
Speaker 4: No reverse to you ju and Chef then returns. We get the crowd applause, just very corny, and he says he's back for good. Garrison tells the whole bike. Yeah, believe it. Chef is back. Everyone's see Randy dance out. That's right, you're in the happy Dance. Everyone's gathered around to see him. I believe it's at Jimbo's house, the Vulcan that jim that's right.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, yeah, Jimbo office to let Chef stay for as long as he likes.
Speaker 4: He does here, yeah, and Randy sort of goes on here. But isn't it great that you know you're part of this new club which also allowed you to be with your previous friends as well. You can be the best of both worlds. Obviously, that's not what's happening here because scientology bad. I guess that's the message here.
Speaker 5: Well, I get like scientology is going to take up all your time, required your cut ties, with your old life, all that kind of stuff, like.
Speaker 4: It's going to take all your times that that they want you to separate yourself from your previous life.
Speaker 5: You could, yeah, you could have the best of both worlds in man, don't I get the feeling they'd be like, dude, if you want to be as a scientologist, then yeah, go with God. But you know, don't let it completely dominate your life or don't let it, you know, separate you from the things that you've known, loved and appreciated for so many years.
Speaker 3: Well, come on, everybody, I'm sure Chef would like a little time to get moved back in.
Speaker 1: That's right. Beg you goodbye, everybody.
Speaker 3: Later to have you back.
Speaker 2: Well, I guess we'll see you in school the mile.
Speaker 1: Chef, you bet, goodbye. Children.
Speaker 4: You're talking weird, is what everyone's starting to notice.
Speaker 5: This is it is like, this is glitchy.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you can't think that was a bit. That was a bit trippy. That was a bit weird. And they said, perhaps he just needs to rest up a little bit. He's that is glad that he's back for good. But we're now in the cafeteria and Kyle hopes for Salisbury staking budet noodles as was saying, And Clyde then thinks that I think Chef wants to have sex with me, talking about I gotta go. Yeah, I've got to go. So they go and talk to him. Hey, kids, how about we marke love you're my sexual fantasy, and might stick my balls inside your rectum, make love to you your asshole children. It just sounds funny because this feels like a very Season one s kind of bit. That doesn't it?
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, but the whole chef but you know how many of us were sort of singing like I want to make love to you wom man. That was yeah, that's very synonymous with chef. And then just to have that bit on the end with your hashole children.
Speaker 4: Charring, isn't it. Look Then Detective Jarvis has called all the kids aside and he says, it turns out the chef this entire time was he pedophile?
Speaker 5: But pipes, what's a pedal file?
Speaker 4: Yes, they need hit that testimony. So he brings out the what do you call these dolls?
Speaker 5: I'm not sure what you call them? Yeah, we're rape Where Where did where did they touch you?
Speaker 4: Where do you uncle touch you? Yeah? And they okay, get specific and did it touch you here? To touch you there? And some of this the liking part was just going try this umphasize.
Speaker 5: Try one of these emphasizes. It's it's gross but the same, just just the phrasing of that's like if you try one of these uphasas.
Speaker 4: And then he starts giving a doggy style. He's having a great time. The kids like this is this is weird. Something weird is going on. Thetive detectives enjoyed himself a way too much. Then Chef greets them when they leave and they say, dude, the police asking questions about you want to have sex with children. He's like, no, no, you want to go make love to stars my black ass, and they tell him to leave before he gets arrested. They want they know something's weird, like, we don't want you to get arrested, but what the fuck is going on?
Speaker 5: Well, I guess there is confused as maybe Parker and Stone were about yeah, yeah, whole situation.
Speaker 4: Which the thing is though, So I wonder when he did go to scientology because Chef hasn't been a part of the show for I reckon four seasons now, Oh gosh, that doesn't feel like he's been part of the show for maybe more. He was a pivotal character in those first three years, oh absolutely, and then just yeah, go on. But then carsay, someone's gonna be making him say there's things that is not what Chef does and stand things. Maybe the Super Adventure Adventures Club are the ones that are up to it, so they go to see them.
Speaker 5: It's very old school colonialism, very yeah, very nineteenth century earlier tweent the century explorers, like, Wow, the whole world's up up to white men to chart it and also civilize it.
Speaker 4: I was watching this thinking it's going to be very much like an get Out mentality. Oh yeah, these guys are all white. Chef went there and came back all weird. Who Who's That's Kugler, isn't it. Who's the director of get Out? That's Jordan Peele. Jordan Peel of course. Yeah, a lot of these movies haven't very similar vibe, right, oh.
Speaker 5: Yeah, secretive shit going on and white he's probably behind it all.
Speaker 4: That's usually the whites. I do think though, that who is the guy that played Joshun the White West Wing? What's his name? Bradley Whitford word he was fantastic and get Out.
Speaker 5: Oh so good.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 5: I love how he's become memed as a result of that, as well as like anytime he got some well meaning liberal who wants to, you know, prove their bona. Fighters usually well, I would have verted for Obama a third time if they'd led me. He's got that really smug since here. Look big fan of Bradley Whitford because he just had, you know, had that great sort of pivot when he was on the West Wingers, like, oh wow, you know this guy's playing you know, generally morally correct character. You know he's fighting in a good fight. I remember him from you know, he was in well, he was in Billy Madison.
Speaker 4: He was the villain of Billy Madison. Yeah, he was fine ball.
Speaker 5: He was like the shitty boyfriend and just bad dude in so many movies. And it's great that he had that thing where he was that would have been like and now he's gone back to sort of being a bit of a bad guy.
Speaker 4: He was going to be read John on the Mentalists, oh for real, and the to do a pivot. And that's why the last three or four seasons of like dogshit, because I like, well that we had a story and then TV we like, can we drag it out for a few more seasons? But Cartman makes the Jubes gag here as they're crossing the bridge. Just basic and William P. Connelly, he's the head adventurer. He miss it. They travel the world and they have sex with children.
Speaker 5: I thought, you guys just you know, climb mountains and you know road rivers and stuff like, Oh no, no, no, no, that's the Adventure Club. We're the super Adventures.
Speaker 4: And he runs through the track that they're going to be going to various countries to have sex with the kids, and the office to have sex with these kids. The boys on the plane rides on the to the place they tried to hypnotize, and Carl's like, none, this ain't happening. Kyle realized that Chef has been brainwashed by this fruity club, as they like to reference them. Several times we're quoting, Yeah. They take Chef to Robert jay Neeland to the psychologist, and Chef asked, you know, can I make love up your butt instead explainings the hypnotized device he and he says is what they did. So basically he went to this place that hypnotized him. Now he wants to have sex with kids.
Speaker 5: I love that they're in the waiting room and chefs sanging all this terrible stuff and there's other day in the whiting room and just scandalized by doctor.
Speaker 1: Do you have children?
Speaker 5: Why?
Speaker 3: Yes, I have two young boys.
Speaker 1: Have you all been sodomizing your children's too?
Speaker 4: You say he's never been like this before.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Cheffy, I been supercut.
Speaker 1: I'm going a maid love to the children.
Speaker 3: He's pretty brainwashed, all right, worst case I've ever seen.
Speaker 2: So what can we do?
Speaker 5: I'm afraid there's no simple answer.
Speaker 3: When somebody's brainwashed, it can take months, even years to reverse the process.
Speaker 2: But we don't have years. If Chef keeps this up, he's gonna go to jail forever.
Speaker 3: Tell me what was Chef's favorite thing to do before?
Speaker 2: It was having sex with children, having sex with women.
Speaker 4: Then that's it.
Speaker 3: We better get your friends to the Peppermint Hippo right away.
Speaker 4: Peppermin Hippo, pepman and hippo hip is the perfect name for a ship club.
Speaker 5: I just love to know how the because of Spearmint Ryan or the creators of Spearmint Ryan, who actually came up with that name for their establishment of gentlemen's clubs.
Speaker 4: Well, yeah, like rhino, Where does rhino come into it?
Speaker 5: Sort of hard charging the horn? Yeah, but the spearming part, I know, is it kind of spicy?
Speaker 4: Sassy, have it after dinner.
Speaker 5: Spear mint yeah, and spear speamy with I guess, I guess we worked it out.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but there that's well yes, indeed two seconds of brainstorming. But they're having a great time here, So we get the DJ introduces and.
Speaker 1: You go do it.
Speaker 5: Don't beget you too. And here is more Nika.
Speaker 4: Chef is just not interested at all. Psychiatrist is having a great time.
Speaker 1: No, no, let it happen.
Speaker 5: Trust the process.
Speaker 4: Then Rebecca comes asking for a dance. Anyone want to dance?
Speaker 1: Is that Rebecca?
Speaker 5: I'm not sure if that is Rebecca.
Speaker 4: Oh, I thought Rebecca was the one that one of the dance.
Speaker 5: I think in the original it's just like it's done Rebecca. But this is someone else who's just sort of break Yeah, okay, I don't I don't think they let this woman take the main stage, bro. I think she's just someone who's like doing private dance.
Speaker 4: Dance, anybody want to dance? Cartman growls at the dance bitch I twisting nets and then spontaneous boutet arrives and immediately Chef is interested. He wants that boutet and he says she gives him a boobs and a butt sandwich basically, and then.
Speaker 5: Chef's but boo ye.
Speaker 4: Chef snaps out of it and he starts singing, I want to make love to your woman. But then by the Super Adventurers Club, they have come to the end. Yeah during the day. Yeah, but my point here is though you're at the Peppermint Hippo, these guys are opped up with darts. Someone just call the police and say, don't let them take Chef back. Don't get the way of a good story down there. Yeah, we're back at the Adventurers Club HQ. Chef is now fasting in the deprivation room. He's being read at the manual to undo everything they.
Speaker 5: Did by the crocodile dundee looking guy.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and then Chef says, they say that Chef doesn't need No, we don't need Chef. Chef needs us and they you think we were less children because it feels really really really really really good. No, and explains the secret of William P. William Phineas William Phineas.
Speaker 5: I think it's William P. Phineas.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's the same thing as zoology, just telling the story and has the thing that they actually believe this, and YadA, YadA, YadA.
Speaker 6: And.
Speaker 5: Australia by the way.
Speaker 4: Yeah yeah, So they realized here, if we could be the first to reach native places, then we could be the first to have sex with the kids from that area.
Speaker 3: Phineas quickly went down in history books. That's the first man to have sex with the average meet children at Boolooroo, and the first explorer to bugger all the underage mountain folk of Nepal.
Speaker 5: But now the most wonderful part.
Speaker 3: You see, after having sex with all those children, Phineas realized that molesting all those.
Speaker 4: Kids had made him immortal.
Speaker 3: He discovered the children have things called marlocks in their bodies, and when an adult has sex with the child, the morlocks implode, feeding the adult's receptor cavity with energy that causes immortality. So say at the rule of Bethos, Phineas traveled the world, loving many, many children, and he lived for eternity until he was hit by a train in eighteen ninety two.
Speaker 4: We get the hour word here. We might say, anyway, has it any more you know than Jesus or put a city under a tree? It's actually a lot more than that.
Speaker 5: Yes, I know that they're taking shults at me there because how many times have we sort of talked about these various things. I'll say, well, I don't know, man, I people ever sat through a Catholic mass. Some of that shit's pretty weird. Yeah, you know you meant to go up at the end, was like, here's a bit of Jesus, buddy, some of his blood eat up to be part of you.
Speaker 4: It is very weird.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, man. Yeah, but now, by the way, let me tell you a few things about the church's sign. Got some good ideas.
Speaker 4: Now now they know all the secrets, you think they're going to be saying, now we're going to have sex with you. But no, it's weird to ask you to leave. We're not leaving. Well, you have the cop securities. Really embarrassing and it cuts the commercial come back and they're still at the club and they still won't leave. Cool people leave before they ever stay. Security tries to escort them out, but Kyle hits one of them in the wooden leg from a chair. I believe they're breaking into the room to save Chef Cartman tells Kenny to give one from the spin blossom nut squash or something. He does like this flying move. Yeah, well like head butt someone in the balls. Anyway, they break chef free. It's impossible. I made them leave. They crossed the bridge again. Then the head Adventures says, remember why you came to here in the first place. You were bought of your life.
Speaker 5: Why do people seek adventure because their lives have become dull and empty?
Speaker 4: Yeah, stay with us, your life will be grand and eternal, and stand and says, but we love you, and I think this is the most pivotal moment of the of the episode, where it was them saying this is where it was like, this is where you are in your life, and you chose them over us.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know.
Speaker 5: And if you've got people who love you, you're life. Your life is not dull and empty. Yeah, your life is grand and eternal.
Speaker 4: But he's going back and lightning strikes. This is the thing. You don't know if he was going back to sort of because you want to go back where he's going to try and stop them. They leave that open ended.
Speaker 5: He was going back because he wanted to go back.
Speaker 4: You want to go back. Yeah, the lightning strikes that he gets burned as he falls down his giant kind of like Homer and butt the d devil thinking that, yeah, gets pierced on this stick that down on the ground. Mountain Lion eats his arm, Grizzly Bear rocks up, and then the mountaine rips his face off and he's crying, it's gurgling in pain. And yeah, it's a very brutal send off for Chefire. Oh yeah, I wouldn't. They're working out some stuff. Yeah, I think this was them getting their frustration out. Parker and Stone like, well, if you're gonna, if you're gonna choose them, well this is how you're going to go. Yeah, yeah, this this is the is the price you pay. And you know, this is the kind of thing that we would not wish upon you. But yeah, if you choose, you made your bed.
Speaker 5: If you choose the other side, if you don't, if you're not on team Parker and say, if you're not on Team America, then yeah, we will rip you to shreds.
Speaker 4: Literally. Then the boys leave and it's now time for Chef's funeral in town.
Speaker 5: Of course, we don't forget about the and shitting. I mean we already talked with yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but Captman says, well, it might have be dead yet because apparently the last thing you do is you shot your pants and shits his pants. We're not going to give this guy any dignity, none at all. No, So Chef's funeral in town. So what's that the intense we use when you flip an eggs special? Its special? That's the one is. It'specially in the coffin because they haven't got his body. Karl's given the eulogy. He can't let the events of the past week take away the memories that we have of Chef. And I think this is what of all they have to have this moment because you have all your bullsh get all you frustrations yet, get all your company other way, but you have to have a nice send off in some way. Oh, this was it here.
Speaker 6: We're all here today because Chef has been such an important part of our lives. A lot of us don't agree with the choices Chef has made in the past few days. Some of us feel hurt and confused that he seemed to turn us back on us. But we can't let the events of the last week take away the memories of how much Chef made us smile. I'm gonna remember Chef as the jolly old guy who always broke into So I'm going to remember Chef as the guy gave us advice to live by. So you see, we shouldn't be mad at Chef relieving us. We should be mad at that fruity little club for scrambling his breeze.
Speaker 4: And we cut to the Aventure Club and they have Chef's body and it's still got a pulse and they raise him up. And this is this would have felt relevant at the time. It was the year after Revenge of the Sith Yea and everyone was talking about that. So the note wasn't in the original one? Was it that was added in later?
Speaker 5: Right?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 5: I thought no was in it from the gap.
Speaker 4: There was something that was added in into the re release of it, George like the no that was that was apparently wasn't in the original to the theatrical release of.
Speaker 5: Revenge of the Sith Yes. No, I'm pretty sure there was a no in there.
Speaker 4: And they did some change and it always gets mocked in that moment, Sure it does. It's ridiculous sith no added later? Maybe not? Maybe I just maybe I read that somewhere and that was wrong. Well, I remember seeing it in the summer and that's the only version of It's kind of like the re releases of the original trilogy. So there's so many scenes that I go, that's just cannon for me.
Speaker 5: Now it's become so jumbled with all this sort of poster release tweaking or whatever. I mean, how many times have I said no, No? I saw it so many times at the cinema, and it always said a new Herbert always had episode four. It's like, wait a minute, we've command We're in the middle of the story. What happened beforehand?
Speaker 1: Wow?
Speaker 5: And it turns out one in the case. But I I am ninety nine point eight percent certain. Yeah.
Speaker 4: When I saw it too that it was no. I was like, what are we doing here?
Speaker 5: I get where you're coming from, But yeah, that just that's not right, that's.
Speaker 4: Not It changes in Star Wars re releases. Vader mutters, know then then y'alls are drawn out, no creating peril is I don't know quite the end of the Revenge of the Sith.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's that. That's talking about Return of the Jedi. Ah.
Speaker 4: That's ad in the know at the end of it. Turn that's right when he throw when he's holding him and he goes no, no, he picks him up. Yeah, that's yeah, that's what it is. Okay, there was a no somewhere. We got there in the end.
Speaker 1: We worked it out, but it.
Speaker 4: Wasn't this scene. So yeah. I remember going to see Revenge of the Sith in the cinema after school one day and being very disappointed. It felt very similar to the ending of the trilogy, the latest ones, where it's like, can we just get this over?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Please? By the third one, you're watching because you just want to get it over with.
Speaker 5: Yeah. Watching Rise of Skywalker, I was feeling what the kids called cope.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 5: About halfway through it, I was like, guy, I remember that these movies were always a little bit dumb and a little bit soap opera. So put your mind in that sort of frame them.
Speaker 1: Maybe I'll enjoy it.
Speaker 5: A bit more.
Speaker 4: Star Wars the first one, pretty slow movie. I put off allience and it's like, not much is happening in the whole five minutes.
Speaker 5: You're spending a lot lot of time on TATA.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 5: It's enjoyable to some degree, But at the same time, I get the thing of your and I'm not saying this that Elliot has a short attention span and they but their modern attention spans are a little short.
Speaker 4: All of our are. Yeah, you'd be on can.
Speaker 5: We get to the fireworks Factory? By which I mean the Millennium Falcon Skip intro? But anyway knew the intro He literally tells you the story.
Speaker 4: But anyway, so the wagon he brought that up is because he's in a Vader esque suit here right, he rises up. He's holding a red dispatchelas instead of a red lightsaber. And hello the children, how would you like some Solbery speak? And for dessert, just to soak my chocolate salty balls like the candy No, I mean my balls. And that is the end. So it's kind of like is Chef dead?
Speaker 1: Is he not?
Speaker 5: Indeed? And you know who did the voice of Darth Chef who? It's Peter Sarah Finowitz who was the voice of Darth Maul in the Fantom Menace, English actor Peter Sarah Finitz.
Speaker 4: So the live action actor wasn't the voice? No, No, money is really weird.
Speaker 5: That guy Ray Park, He's like a martial arts guy. He was Toad in the X Men movies or in the first x Men.
Speaker 4: Either the voice or the guy that was like, you know, the actor has gone.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I think Ray Parker might be a bit magger and a bit yeah and a little sort of leaning a bit right.
Speaker 4: Which one is really good at Star Wars trivia that knows everything about Star Wars. Is it that guy?
Speaker 5: I think it'd be Sarah fender Bits, okay, who was in Space and Shorn of the Dead a bunch of other stuff. I mean, he's he's a bit like he looks a bit like our pal Ed Cavalley. He's sort of got that same sort of face and same sort of I think he's a big guy, but he's got this wonderful he hit his.
Speaker 4: He's the voice of him in the Voice Shows No Rebels and all that. He might be I'm not sure, but he's definitely the voice of Darth More in The Phantom Menace. Okay, he had his.
Speaker 5: Own sketch comedy show as well, which was really funny. He's a very talented mimic and all that's good.
Speaker 4: That's well. That is our review guys of the return of Chef Slash. The demise of Chef Chef is gone, never to be seen again.
Speaker 5: Well, South park is still going. You never can to I mean, yeah, you can do wonderful things with AI these days, you could, but you get the film.
Speaker 4: We're not seeing anymore Chef probably not, which is sad. It is it feels like an an even era. It feels like them sort of just wrapping up. This is a new era for the show.
Speaker 5: It is. Yeah, I mean you can look at it as the end of an era. You can look at as the beginning of an one.
Speaker 4: Apparently this wasn't going to be the season premiere cartoon Walls were, but they had a lot of issue with the senses and they'll like, right, we'll just push that one back for a bit.
Speaker 5: Then this is going to be an interesting season for us to discuss because I think there's a lot of turbulence in the making of south Park in season ten. Looking forward to talking about it with my Mandanda and with all of you guys as well.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we're back in a couple of weeks with our review of Smug Alert. Looking forward to getting into that one. Oh yeah, smelling our own farts.
Speaker 5: All right, spoiling, isn't it big?
Speaker 1: All right?
Speaker 5: Guys?
Speaker 4: Thinking again for all this sport he ad going down to South Park. Remember, you can listen to that review right now, if you're a supporter of our own patreons, if you want to hear a smell our own farts, you can be a support of our own Patreon for as little as just one dollar per month. But for Nowasa Davis, any final words for those incredible listeners out there.
Speaker 5: Well, cool people leave before the vad stayed there. Welcome, So I guess we're not cool.