Speaker 1: Hello, and welcome to the I'm Still Fun Podcast. Just a reminder, this is kind of a little bit shorter of an episode, and then next week we will be off because I really wanted to do an episode, but Jenny refused and she said, I'm taking a vacation and I said that's you said no, we are eighteen seconds and Jenny and you already said you uh no. But we will be off next week and then the following week normal thirty ish minute episodes. So we're doing a little reset today. A reset does that work? I think reset introduction, reintroduction, reinternaby. Let me reintroduce myself. My name is Oh. I probably don't know that right, and I don't know if I was singing the right song I was trying to. I was trying to be your hype man, and I don't know what I was doing. Is jay Z? I don't know, Oh, if it is, it is Izzo? Is jay Z? Have you seen that like the theories that he should like an evil empire ruler? No, because of all the Diddy stuff. He's so tied in and like I'm like in a dark, dark rabbit hole now of like who's connected to this? Yeah? And it's gone down rabbit hole. Don't do it. I want to Well, the stuff I've looked at, don't get me wrong, it's not going into what was done, of course, it's going it's like just connecting them and more so. Actually, the things I've seen are connecting other celebrities to the web, so it's not breaking down things that were done. Although I did see one female singer talk about her experience with Kanye and Ditty and it was awful. But other than that, I haven't gone down that rabbit hole. But it would be honestly, at this point, I wouldn't be surprised if there is more, even more darkness in Hollywood from just other things we've seen. It's just yeah, I just wouldn't even be that surprising to me, which is really messed up and sad. So we won't go down that today. That is not our topic. I was just curious, since you'll be saying jay Z, I was like, I just like saw a video on TikTok like two days ago about that darkness. But you were saying that you listen to podcasts sometimes and it's like I don't know who they are.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Like someone will recommend a podcast to me, and I'm like, but who are these people? Like? I feel like I can't trust you. I can't well listen to who you are and what you're saying until I know a little bit about you.
Speaker 1: I also don't like to start a podcast from the beginning maybe either episodes, yes, because number one, I assume they've probably gotten better. So I don't want to listen to the beginning, Like this sucks. I just start where I'm at, Like every podcast I've listened to I had did not go back to the beginning.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so I guess the number one thing just to kick off, who fella and I are? Is? I mean, basically, we're co workers turned into best friends that it.
Speaker 1: Don't tell cult. I tell cult he's my best friends. I don't tell him we have a best friend handshake. Oh god, we do. That's okay. We do every day to hang out with you sometimes. Dammit, Jenny, you never sharing that with everyone? No, whatever, It's never happened. Actually, people might actually believe we've made out, So let's start off with some truths. We haven't made out before. I have seen your boobs, though, have you seen him?
Speaker 2: Fully? We've seen my knit I think so. I think one time you did show me full boob through the mirror, through the window.
Speaker 1: I used to always during the morning show when Jenny was in a different studio, flash her my bra and press them against the glass.
Speaker 2: And she always had like a sports bray. It wasn't some like you know, lazy red sea through thing.
Speaker 1: Hey, thanks for putting out that. I'm the least You're not wrong. I'm actually this might be one of my more sex Nope, I'm weren't a sports bro.
Speaker 2: No, okay, yeah, I know, yeah, yeah, I and you have seen a lot of my boob before, if not my nipples because they're high so they stick out a lot. But because I showed you my shingles once, yeah, I shingles a huge portion of my boom and found like, just show me and I was like, okay.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but I haven't seen the straight nep yet. No yet. I'm on the edge of my seat one day, fingers crossed. Maybe for episode two hundred, I'll see Jenny's nips. I don't know it would be my honor or episode just one hundred because we only hit fifty recently. But we do. We work together. We worked together for a very very long time. At this point nearly a decade and we work obviously this part you probably know radio. So we met doing the morning show. Jenny was an intern. I was a fresh young baby co host, and then I technically started before you did. You did? Yeah, not much before.
Speaker 2: Me though, right, No, it wasn't very long. No, I had barely been an intern, and like Lena was leaving within like a couple of weeks.
Speaker 1: It was because of me. I know, yeah, she didn't want another big ass around here. I know she wasn't a big ass bitch. She don't want a single big ass bitch or yeah, and then I yeah, no, I remember when I came in. Were you here on my audition days?
Speaker 2: No, I wasn't, but I remember listening a little bit because I wasn't here and I wanted to hear obviously all the people that were auditioning.
Speaker 1: I remember intern Brittany and maybe another intern being here, because I remember taking the time to go to where they were and say hi. I introduce myself to even the interns because I was like, I don't know who all's going to be here. If I'm going to be here, what's going to happen? But I was like, you know was excited to be here, so I wanted to say hi to everyone. But then yeah, and then we worked Jenny. Then obviously her internship ended, she left radio. Then she came back to radio, but she was over at City, so I still wasn't really working with her. And then she came over on to the morning show, so we were together for quite some time. But when I left the morning show, which has been a year ago, which is actually crazy to me that it's been over a year at this point, we started podcast so that we would remain friends because you know, your office, you don't have the built in conversations anymore. I'm like, I don't want to like not be friends anymore. I wasn't scared of that not happening. And even if we didn't do a podcast, because I really feel like, yeah, like to be fair, we have like our half hour war catch up sessions before we record the podcast every day. But I feel like you and I text about random things throughout the week and I'm still friends with like well and you are too with Tina, so her leaving didn't affect that. Yeah, But like there are some old coworkers I don't talk to that offen although I guess most. I'm still I still talk to e White, our old night guy all the time. I talked to Raven Way more frequently than even him. But there are other people that have been here that well. Obviously, I just talked to Steve last week. Yeah, we're supposed to get lunch soon. He has gossip for me, he said, oh yeah, oh yeah, I know he always does. I know he's the gossip queen.
Speaker 2: Well, so going back real quick to my evolution of becoming part of the morning show, I have to give Fallen a shout out because I feel like you are the reason I got back into radio. I wanted to be in radio, but Fallan's what helped me get in because we had gotten coffee, and literally, I think later that day or maybe the next day, you texted me and you're like, City sninety seven is hiring a producer, And had you not texted me, I don't know that I would have seen that job opening. And yeah, I then got hired to do that and then whatever it evolved from there.
Speaker 1: But Fallan's been like my mentor to an extent throughout my career. I feel like interesting and I'm honored to be part of it. Yeah, and now like really really good friends agreed, Like I am very thankful for the friendship that we've created. I think, like you know, when you work with someone really closely, there are so few people, even your partner, who truly understands your work and like what you experience. And our industry is very different from other people's, but we have like there are the things that like you experience and like it's good to have someone to celebrate things with, like and like Jake can understand, I can explain, like what a Marconi award is, but he doesn't realize how big of a deal it is. Jenny understands that. Or if something happens that hurts us, Jake may not completely get it, but you know he'll be supportive, but Jenny would completely get it because she's experienced it. So it's just, you know, it's like one of those things where it's really important to have. It's been has been for me to have you in my life, to be there. You've always been a great cheerleader for me and a great support system. So it's just been it's been a great friendship inside and outside of work for me.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I will say that, like I never imagined that I would be in radio to this day, like, that wasn't what I was going to school for. It wasn't on my agenda. I thought I was going to be Samantha from Sex and the City being a publicist for I wanted to be a publicist for like bands and stuff like that, and it's.
Speaker 1: Like traveling and helping them. I have no idea what social media was going to be back then. No, yeah, but that was what I thought I would be.
Speaker 2: And then randomly got an internship in radio, and that's how I came to be in radio. And you kind of got your job in radio because of a relative, right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I got my When I went to college, I needed a job and my cousin, Jimmy, he had worked in radio for years. He left because he's like, there's no money in it, and which is true and isn't true. It is true at the level we were at and in the market of Indiana, and I think some people there now you know, higher level people there make decent money. But you know, it's just different every market that you're in. But he got me a part time job, and I knew. I always say this, I knew in the first week this is what I want to do, because when I was in school, I always wanted to be like an actress, like I just like I liked the entertainment, which is funny because didn't even have a theater program at my school, so I don't know how that was going to happen. So it was almost like a form of that for me, like entertainment. And I was like, this is it. I made within one year or within one week, this is it. I went and changed all my classes at college. I just I hunkered down. I was like, this is what I'm doing. So I've been doing it for a very very very long time now, which is pretty crazy. And people ask me a lot, like the differences between radio and television.
Speaker 2: We'll find out those differences right after this. So I do a lot of baking. As you know, I actually have a tree for you right now I have to give you.
Speaker 1: Don't let me forget, okay, trust me, I won't.
Speaker 2: Okay, But I recently made these brownie batter bites and they're super simple because they basically just take like four or five ingredients I think. But I used the kakaw bliss that we've been talking about now in it, and it was so good. It's just that and like almond butter, vanilla syrup, and almond flower so you mix it together, you top it off with some walnuts and maybe a little sea salt if your fancy line. Fancy yeah, And it tastes exactly like you're pretty much eating brownie batter.
Speaker 1: But it's healthy. Oh god, I want it so bad.
Speaker 2: I know. And I feel like the cocow bliss is what makes it the best part of it, because it's like a healthy chocolate and it really like crushes those cravings of needing something sweet, but in a good way because it's healthy.
Speaker 1: Well, it has ten powerful superfoods I always see like tu marks, like a huge one, but it has rock a cow and so many other things that just give you all of the great health benefits. But the chocolate taste, which is what I'm always craving, which by the way, it's got my husband Jake, a creamy I feel like I can throw that in, oh yeah, for like some chocolate ice cream. It'd be so good. If you are worried about if it is vegan friendly, it is. It's also keto friendly, and it says by the way that it supports a positive mood and I need any of that in my life. A positivity would be great. But we do have a discount code for you, don't worry. You can use fun to get fifteen percent off so you can try it for yourself in whatever way you want. You can go to shop dot earthechofoods dot com. And then again, the keyword, like the discount code is fun. But we'll also include that in our show notes. Yes we will.
Speaker 2: And if you want the recipe for the brownie batterbyites, just dm me because I literally have it saved so I can send it to you to use it.
Speaker 1: And now back to the podcast. And I don't know that I have all the answers cause I don't. I'm so new to TV. I don't know all the differences. But radio is like my first love, you know what I mean, Like I prefer radio. But it's TV's nice because they have a bunch of producers and a bunch of people to do a lot of the stuff for you. Yeah, which is nice because of radio it's not like that. Yeah, well, if you're in a huge show, it's like out of like New York, it's like that. But yeah, right, and I know.
Speaker 2: Obviously the show is very different every day for you guys, and I don't really get to see it ever. Besides like clips that you share. Yeah, but would you say your favorite segments. I like the one where you guys get to like eat food or something, because I feel like I really know, yes.
Speaker 1: To know, because I don't want to eat food every day. Yeah, because I'm.
Speaker 2: Like, that's true, Like, if you have an appetite, it's one thing. Yeah, if you're like kind of forced just to eat for a segment, then it's like.
Speaker 1: Eh, the good news is I'm not always on those, so I don't have to. But I'm like, I don't want to like drink and eat early necessarily, which sounds so stupid. But no, my favorite are the ones that we leave the studio for and they're almost produced segments. Okay, so like they'll do we do fast food filled trips and we just recorded one last week with Pilates. I took Jason to Pilates, so that will air, like well, by the time this comes out, it probably will have already aired. And it's just that the way Eric the photographer edits stuff down, it's like making a radio bit edited down, like produced sounds so much better and more fun. That's how that is. It's like you're highlighting just the funniest moments. So I that's probably my favorite. But also I enjoyed banter with Jason in general, So right, yeah, funny, I hear.
Speaker 2: I think this will actually fit in because like a month or two ago, I had found something in like an old folder of mine on like our work computer. Yeah, and so I opened it and I was like, what is this because it said intro ideas Oh God, and so it was I'm going to read to you what I wrote about myself that I was going to like intro myself with on the Morning Show? Can I switch from cities to Dave's Oh God? Okay, Okay, it says about me. Here's the most important part about my life right now. I'm twenty six and so single but dating often. There's a couple of guys I'm seeing, but they aren't in the same place in life or aren't ready for a relationship. So I have been going out with new people if the opportunity arises. I did have a nightmare situation from a dating app happened to me recently, which maybe I've told the story on the podcast before, but I didn't remember it as well as I wrote it out. But basically I had to a schedule date from like Bumble or something. Went to reschedule it a few hours before because it was a Monday, and I just like, wasn't really.
Speaker 1: Feeling like day.
Speaker 2: I remember, yes, actually yeah, so uh. The response I got was I'm busy the rest of the week, and I hadn't responded because I think I was taking an app.
Speaker 1: And then they go, what do you do for work?
Speaker 2: And then they said, actually, you know what, go fuck yourself, you hip having kunt And then I forgot this last part they said I was supposed to fuck another girl tonight, Thanks for making up a bullshit excuse, because I think I said I was busy, I had a long day at work or something, and like let's.
Speaker 1: See, oh oh my god.
Speaker 2: And I remembered like the hip having sword comment, but I did not remember the part where he said I was supposed to fuck another girl tonight, thanks for making up.
Speaker 1: You delete the app. After that for a while, blocked, well, he blocked me.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so I couldn't respond to him, but I don't think I went. I think I went on like one or two day dating app dates in the duration of my like four or five years of.
Speaker 1: Being Yeah, you said you didn't do it because people did things like that. It was wild, So anyways, that will happen. That was that, and then.
Speaker 2: I don't know, there's like other random things. Let's see, let's see what my ideas were for show ideas. Okay, prison inmate versus dating profile. Bad people guess it's a profile. Is a prison inmate or someone's dating profile.
Speaker 1: That's actually funny.
Speaker 2: You should pull that back, Okay, to be fair, this was like, I don't know where I got this from because I don't think I like stole it from you guys, but I must have stole it from another radio show.
Speaker 1: But what are you doing at the courthouse? That was actually my friends. That was my friend. I was gonna say, I don't know where I got that from. My friend Sarah Pepper did it in Indiana, and then she did it in Texas and she got it like syndicated on other radio stations and she was the queen. It's simple. You go to a courthouse, you hold a microphone in front of someone's face, say what you do at the courthouse, and people will share the I witnessed it, like it's one of those things that's so crazy and like this has to be fake, it has to be a fake bit. Yeah, I witnessed it. I witnessed at the courthouse in Indiana, people like, hold on a second and they go throw their knife in the bushes that they forgot they had on them before they went in through the metal. I mean, people would just share the craziest stuff. You're like okay, and it was amazing. Yeah, I love that.
Speaker 2: Another one which we would have never ever ever done once I like learned how the show works in our personalities was I wrote, I love to dance, So I've been trying to think of some sort of idea where we could do a dance off at the State Fair one of the day. It's like, maybe it's me and Dave versus Stephen balen.
Speaker 1: Nod, like we were going to choreograph kind of dance off like Steve would have day would have been like absolutely not, no chance. These were very like immature beginner radio ideas that I had. But it's beautiful. You learn a lot. If I looked at my I had a sheet that I brought from my interview. If I looked at that I think. Actually, to be honest, I'm pretty sure Steve stole one of my personal stories and shared it as his own personal story before I came OK, and I remembered that. I was like, well, damn it, that's one of my good stories. I was going to share, but Steve used it for his and it was funny. But I'm sorry this episode is so short this week, but we just wanted to make sure we like we're here, so we didn't skip two weeks in a row. So we're off next week and then we'll be back the following week. But thank you for hanging out with us. As always, if you have emails, you can still send those and we'll get to those next week. Thanks for listening.