Speaker 1: H M. Welcome back to the Telosive Tech Podcast, Ladies and gentlemen. Hi Nick.
Speaker 2: Nick was here. You just missed him, Randy, I was star linking.
Speaker 3: I apologize.
Speaker 4: I was frozen starlink.
Speaker 2: I don't remember that when we're there, It's.
Speaker 4: It's just a verb introverbal like Google lean. Yeah, all right, so we uh, I think we should just sit the ground running with this one. Obviously, question before I do, because Mike doesn't know what I'm there's hidden layers here is this episode going out tomorrow on Saturday.
Speaker 3: Yes, okay, all right.
Speaker 4: So then, so I kind of, I low key little bit but with intention, trolled Drew and on Twitter. But there was a reason for this, and I have a very strong and if I'm wrong, he'll probably troll me right now, tell me I'm wrong.
Speaker 3: Even though I'm right, I have a feeling him and I.
Speaker 4: Are about to say the exact same things. I'd be surprised you said some stuff that made me say some stuff and what well, anyway, so Drew believes as of this episode going out, he believes that people are going to unsub from his channel, and he understands and I think people are going to unsub from.
Speaker 3: My channel, to which I understand.
Speaker 4: So today is the last day, and I really the reason why I want to record this morning is because today's the last day we can physically possibly talk about the iPhone sixteen Pro.
Speaker 2: This man has no I could be a fourteen Pro.
Speaker 1: I'd have no idea, that's true.
Speaker 2: But it does look a lot like my phone I'm staring at right now.
Speaker 3: It does look like it.
Speaker 4: So starting with Drew, I just need to ask right from the offset. I know, as recording it hasn't gone out yet, but what are your final sixteen Pro? What's your takeaway?
Speaker 1: Let me switch to it here?
Speaker 4: Can you how I can't do any of this.
Speaker 1: I just checked. I saw if the option was there, and it was there. I don't know what changed. I didn't restart all right computer.
Speaker 2: For background information, we've had a lack of a time with the people who are on the newer iOS versions trying to connect their phones to the stream yard. Okay, meanwhile, I have an upgrade and it's perfectly working great without it.
Speaker 1: Mike is so proud iOS seventeen.
Speaker 2: I'm staying at iOS seventeen and mac os whatever it is.
Speaker 1: The iPhone sixteen series is disappointing through and through in every way, shape and form. Oh wow, no one should buy.
Speaker 4: It, Drew verbatim in my video that's gonna go out today when I finish editing it. I cannot recommend this phone to anybody.
Speaker 2: It's like, I need to buy this phone.
Speaker 1: This I likes, like I've order it.
Speaker 2: I was gonna say, you guys were saying the exact same thing about the fourteen Pro and I got it, and I've had nothing but experiences the thing.
Speaker 4: You're like, there's something No, there's something so wrong about this is different, this is bad, this is terrible. My gosh, this is this is the worst phone I have ever used.
Speaker 2: Are you taking your words back about Drew joining the Pixel Club?
Speaker 1: You used an Android At one point I.
Speaker 4: Touched your Android for a couple of minutes, and I would take that experience over what I had to endear with the sixteen Pro, who pretty bad. I cannot in good conscience, I cannot condone, support, encourage, or recommend anybody getting an iPhone sixteen right now.
Speaker 3: It is it is so bad.
Speaker 4: No, we'll start with you have Drew do his thing, because I'm I'm very I'm very passionate.
Speaker 2: But and he's like, here's the acts. I'm about to slam it down on the iPhone, but first let's cut away for an advertisement with tays that Drew.
Speaker 4: It's called engagement. Mike. You gotta you gotta keep them sticking around for the whole show. I just laying it all out right now to leave. It's really bad and I'm.
Speaker 2: Very passionate about this, but in hearing what you have to say.
Speaker 3: But okay, and I will.
Speaker 4: I will give it. And so you guys will.
Speaker 2: Hear from me.
Speaker 4: You are YouTube, you will hear it from me, and it will be new to you. But to anyone who when this video goes out this or the podcast my video hopefully is out later on today. But I'll talk, No, go ahead, you go ahead, Drew. What what has been the two weeks look like for you?
Speaker 1: Name anything? You guys, just say anything about it?
Speaker 3: Are you keeping the phone?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, say anything anything?
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Well that's what I guess everybody knows by now by the time they're hearing this. Yes, I am keeping it. Oh, but it's terrible and no one should buy it.
Speaker 4: Oh, where's your fifteen pro?
Speaker 1: Not in here? Not in this room?
Speaker 3: Is it in the house, Is it with us?
Speaker 2: Is it in the pocket?
Speaker 1: My wife is using it.
Speaker 4: All?
Speaker 1: Mm hmm. I I didn't think this through. Randy. You're right, though, it's interesting to catch your guys' reaction to all the change ups. It's all happening now in real time. All has been revealed. But you're you're gonna unsub though. You're not gonna like what I'm about to say.
Speaker 4: Let's do it go.
Speaker 1: I did a sponsored video.
Speaker 4: What's what's what is? I gotta hear it?
Speaker 1: Basically, I bent the rules. I went against my thought. We lost my he's unsubbed from the show.
Speaker 3: I don't tell me, tell me I needed there.
Speaker 1: No, I'll leave them there.
Speaker 4: You did sponsored video.
Speaker 1: So, as you know, Louise was in the market. You audio listeners are missing out, Like, as you know, Louise was in a need for an upgrade. She was still rocking the iPhone ten. It was showing signs of age. It wasn't doing too well. It was struggling to open things and getting very slow and everything. But it's the company that uh sent me those mags Safe battery modules. Was like, we really want you to showcase the case for the our new cases for the iPhone sixteen series, and I said, I'm not planning on upgrading to the iPhone sixteen series. Like I know everything about the iPhone sixteen already. I'm probably not gonna keep it because I have a fifteen Pro and it's fine, so I'll I'll demonstrate a case for a fifteen Pro. But I'm not interested in you sending cases for a phone I don't own. I've already got too many phone cases. So they said, what if we paid for the phone. We're like, we'll send we'll cover the sixteen promacs if you show it with our case. And I was weak.
Speaker 4: Oh you did? That's literally selling out?
Speaker 1: He did it.
Speaker 4: Don't you ever come for me about sponsorships ever? Again, I don't want to hear.
Speaker 1: I've never come for anyone for sponsorships. I just chosen not to do them up until recently.
Speaker 4: Yeah, everyone doesn't do it until they do. You're not a virgin anymore. Wow, he lost his sponsorship Virginity.
Speaker 1: You just unsubscribed. I understand everyone. I know, I'm terrible, but.
Speaker 4: You are dropping your sixteen Pro review today, aren't you.
Speaker 1: Yeah? And everything I'm telling you now is in the video. It's all explained and my rationale, my thinking behind it. Part of it was because especially after the last video where I didn't do a sponsored piece for the mag Safe battery packs because I just wanted those and they sent them to me. But I was like, no, I don't want payment. I just want to talk about them and why they boost the battery. And then a bunch of comments thought it was sponsored anyway. Yeah, there were a bunch of people that were like, this is a sponsored video, and I was like, well, they're not paying me. It's not exactly the same as like someone who's being fed a script. I'm like, they they gave me complete control. They didn't give me a script. I still haven't signed a contract. They just they covered the price of the phone. Nothing more than that.
Speaker 4: Someone's a piece of innocence die today because a long time ago that the flood gates are open, and and now that.
Speaker 1: You know this blood gate, I'm not gonna do.
Speaker 3: No, no, no, no no.
Speaker 4: It's like taking drugs the first hit, It's like, now there's more.
Speaker 1: Do you know what it's like to do drugs? Man?
Speaker 4: I've I had surgery. Leading up to surgery, it felt really good to be on morphine.
Speaker 2: The way I thought it was going to go. Yeah, just like this conversation.
Speaker 4: Wow, you did a sponsorship, that is, and you did it for You did it for monetary gain.
Speaker 3: And by this sense, I mean a phone that you don't like.
Speaker 4: That's the worst part her phone you don't like. That's the part that I'm I get sponsor.
Speaker 1: They were no one was going to sponsor me to buy an iPhone twelve for three hundreds, which was our back.
Speaker 4: But what you were going to do for oh, for for Louis a twelve?
Speaker 1: Yeah, she she didn't want to spend more than three hundred bucks on her replacement phone. So I was like, that means another lightning iPhone, that means more sharing. I separate chargers, separate cables for everywhere, and I was like, I really want her to have Type.
Speaker 2: C Did you do it?
Speaker 1: Yes?
Speaker 2: What did it cost? Sponsorship?
Speaker 4: Well?
Speaker 1: Everything?
Speaker 4: Now that you are a dirty, contaminated man, you are no longer pure. I checked the car facts. You are.
Speaker 1: I'm a salvage title.
Speaker 3: You're a salvage title.
Speaker 4: But your damaged goods, your everything.
Speaker 3: We can keep going.
Speaker 4: It's just not gonna sand.
Speaker 2: I was gonna say this. I got a leaked screenshot of the cases that you're reviewing. And I don't really understand why you're You're.
Speaker 4: Talking about Instagram, aren't you? Yeah you are his Instagram posts? Yeah you are.
Speaker 2: No, I'm not understanding. But why what I get like you're jumping in just like drugs? But did you really have to go that hard that there's now a big lighter built into your iPhone sixteen case a Snoop dog and Martha Stewart.
Speaker 1: I was Snoop DOGG getting in everything don't get and what.
Speaker 4: Up home slash Man.
Speaker 1: I don't like Camra control.
Speaker 4: Well, all that being said, I will look at you differently now, but to be fair.
Speaker 1: I understand it's it's already looking very differently right now. Yeah, that's him, Mike.
Speaker 4: I hate your laugh.
Speaker 3: I hope you never find peace.
Speaker 1: There will be never any piece you're supposed to say. I thought we weren't fact checking.
Speaker 3: I thought, Oh, Mike, I gotta tell you something. I gotta do it.
Speaker 4: Did you tell him?
Speaker 1: I haven't heard anything.
Speaker 4: Okay, Mike, you can't convince me that you don't that you're not jd Vance.
Speaker 2: I'm not what you talking about.
Speaker 4: Oh, because we have the same I.
Speaker 5: Said, I sent Drew a text. They're into the debate, and I just said, you can't convince me that's not Mike. I've never seen you two in the same room together, so it is. I just texted the group chat. I've seen you do this exact stare. I've seen you do this exact look.
Speaker 4: That's Mike, that's you.
Speaker 3: You can't tell me that's not you. So I've seen you do that.
Speaker 1: It's so you're saying collectively, you have you do Trump and he does perfect.
Speaker 4: That's why he's always running together. We're running together because he can't make it.
Speaker 2: If he supports me.
Speaker 4: You could be I don't. I don't know you're You're just I look at you differently. That's my If you're watching on YouTube, stop what you're doing.
Speaker 3: If you have us in the background, look at this right now.
Speaker 4: JD. Vance and Mike are the same person. I've seen Mike do this exact look, this is why.
Speaker 6: Oh wait here go the other way?
Speaker 4: And JD. Vans are the same person. That is That is gross.
Speaker 2: I haven't gone gray yet, thankfully.
Speaker 4: No, that's guy. So you can look like you're more seasoned than you're ready to be.
Speaker 1: Honestly, Mike is what JD wishes. He looked like, that's true, he doesn't wish that, but thanks for thinking that he thinks that.
Speaker 2: I mean, I don't know what he's thinking, but.
Speaker 4: Yeah, right, yeah right, well okay, anyway, so.
Speaker 1: Now that we got that out of the way, No, we got that out of the way, going back to attacking me. That's fine, thank you.
Speaker 4: It's just that you did it for a phone. You don't like tell him to like just do the fifteen pro maat They wouldn't know the difference. Nobody knows the difference. They wouldn't know. All right, I'll talk about my part now. The iPhone sixteen is the most incomplete phone that Apple's ever put out there, and it's not even close unless you're willing to do a beta, which I don't even recommend people do. You don't even get any of the headlining features. I thought last year, like, how could it get weirder than the headlining feature is titanium, but at least titanium game day one, whereas like the headline feature is Apple tell and now and now the headline is Everything's Apple. Every time I go to the store and I see the ring, I'm like this isn't this, This isn't a feature yet, this isn't even the animation yet. And at best case scenario in America, we'll get it this month, but everywhere else next year, and even then, whatever we get this month is it's not the full thing.
Speaker 1: No, it is.
Speaker 4: Just pardon my but it just pisses me off because now by the time we theoretically get everything next year, how long into the cycle have we already been into iPhone sixteen by that point half a year? And some people who upgrade it just to get these features, only to then be pressured and prompt especially for the techies who can do the upgrade again for the seventeen. This is worse than what I saw with iPhone fourteen.
Speaker 3: This is not even close.
Speaker 4: Yeah, because at least I because iPhone fourteen gave you everything at launched. Still it was just an upgrade cycle that didn't need to happen. But at least I Phone fourteen you got everything day one. This one you're gonna be waiting at least six months in America and then everything that's rolling out around the world. We got listeners in Europe everywhere else like just those guys, they're sol They're still waiting for digital wallets and stuff to be a thing for their IDs.
Speaker 3: I mean, they are always behind.
Speaker 4: So this is nothing new to them.
Speaker 3: But for us, like this is worse than the whole.
Speaker 4: Like I feel software locked now. It's just like everybody's software locked. It doesn't matter, It genuinely doesn't matter. So I'm a guy who votes with my dollar, and by principle alone, I can't keep this phone and I'm not going to. I can't recommend it to anybody because it's not what is It's false advertisement. It's not what the advertisement is right now, not in the legal sense that it's false advertisement therefore Apple should get sued. But it is misleading directly, it's manipulative and all the wrong ways, and again, just quite frankly, it pisses me off. This is the worst I've seen Apple when it comes to a product launch. I could stomach iPhone fourteen if somebody was coming from a really old model and they're like, well, I don't really care for many anyway, I totally get why. It just for me as like there was nothing new introduced in I fel fourteen, but at least you got everything that you needed the day that you would pick up your phone. You're not getting anything brand new with this phone. What a camera control button? That thing freaking sucks. It's the worst rushed, half big piece of crap I've ever touched. You can't even click to half click down to have it auto focus on you, then click it again to take a photo. You can't just click it to record. The only reason why I would have used the button was so I can click to record when I'm using the main camera sense sensor. But it's not even doing that, and so that's something that might come later too. Why is that a software update for camera control? It's it was rushed, It's crap. It's a piece of it's terrible. It's just the whole thing's terrible. The AI is trash, The camera controls trash. The phone for me personally extremely uncomfortably hot, more than a way than I've ever experienced on the iPhone fifteen Pro when I was testing it. It is too hot for me. The bezzels are too thin for me. I hate the bezels.
Speaker 1: It's just I can't like the thin borders.
Speaker 3: No, I do not.
Speaker 4: I have so many excidental input with the meatia. Part of my thumb that it actually prevents me from scrolling.
Speaker 1: Or it too until I got a case.
Speaker 4: Until you got Yeah, maybe the case fixes it, but I don't want to be forced.
Speaker 3: To get a case.
Speaker 4: You sell out, but no, So the camera gets extremely hot or the whole phone gets extremely hot. The bezels are so thin that when I'm at because it's so thin in the way I hold the phone, I'm activating camera control in the camera app when I'm not trying to, and it screws up the whole shot. Anyway, the the ultra wide forty eight megapixel letdown no difference. I can see difference when I when I zoom in and I pixel peep. Not a big deal let down.
Speaker 1: I much rather when you just take a photo is still twelve megapixels. I'm still twelve Yeah, I'm like the main sensor Wi's up to twenty four.
Speaker 4: When there's nothing that's offered to you. Even when I've I've took photos in video and everything in ultra wide, so I can then see in raw. I took a raw photo just to see and even when I punch in nothing because it's still like you just said, it's a twelve megapixel. It's scaled down and it does nothing. It's still noisy, it's still fuzzy, as fuzzy as my studio display camera's going right now, which is an ultra wide. It looks just like this material this or this like quality. So huge letdown, and I just I was expecting more things that I did like. I absolutely love the five five X telephoto. That's I'm having so much fun with that one. I've taken a lot of photos with it. I will miss that. And I love the photographic styles, the new update of the photographic styles.
Speaker 3: I have so much fun with that.
Speaker 4: And that's I think those are diferent too.
Speaker 3: I'm trying.
Speaker 4: I'm I'm going from the top of my head here about the things that I liked and don't like, but I think I hit the keynotes. Oh no, here we go. Okay, So the things I liked was the five X. I liked the different image formats, the jakepeg XL, which is the Happle middle ground between doing a raw photo without having the taking up too much memory in your storage. I do like that. But I like the cool features that come with a heat file, like live photos and being able to just kind of manipulate the image more within on the device. I like using that more and I like saving as much space as possible. But for what it is, I did like playing with the other image formats, and that was more. That's more like I said, the four K one twenty cool, but it's so niche. I'm indifferent about it. I wouldn't use it all the time, but it was cool to have. But whatever like that to me didn't really mean much.
Speaker 1: Us yet I was moving to that.
Speaker 4: Oh okay, the biggest the thing with the negative stuff with the audio mics. Uh.
Speaker 3: I tried, and.
Speaker 4: I say in my in the video, so I'll tell you guys here I I equed the hell out of those things too, to make it sound as best as possible. And if anybody can fix audio, it's the producer who writes music for a living and knows how to make things stand out in a mix. I know audio frequencies. I could not save that thing for the life of me.
Speaker 1: And I try it.
Speaker 4: It sounded better not touching the thing, and I'm like, all right, well, let me do a side by side, But then it sounds exactly the same as one without the new studio mics. So I'm like, just stick if you're if you're a content creator. Ladies and gentlemen, just stick with a dedicated mic because it is so so. I don't know if it's a software thing. I hope it's a software thing that gets fixed because I want to like it. I love the idea of it, but it's so bad.
Speaker 3: The the audio mix.
Speaker 4: Made me like I don't need That was my first when using the audio mix. I was like, I don't need this phone. It serves me no purpose. It was everything else without content creation that made me start to hate the phone. With all this the accidental inputs. Maybe if I put a case on it, fine, but then you know cases aren't free unless you're a sellout, So for me it didn't really matter.
Speaker 3: So I have to drop money. I have to roast you the whole episode.
Speaker 1: I have to I understand, like I tweeted, I understand, I.
Speaker 3: Have to do it.
Speaker 4: I'm speaking for the people, but for all us normies. You have to pay, so I have to spend more money to keep me from having accidental inputs. And just the placement of the Chemera control completely trash all things that out the iPhone sixteen. There's more. I had six good things to say about it. Six bad things to say about it, but the bad are so heavy that I can't recommend it to anybody. Nobody should get that phone. Well, I'm coming from an iPhone twelve. Get a fifteen, but I like promotion. Give him fine fitteen pro for cheaper.
Speaker 1: We better post our videos at the same time so that everybody understands I haven't seen your video and you haven't seen mine, because we have very very uh in sync opinions on all this.
Speaker 4: Which is yeah, minus me doing some cop outs, you know, ad read, I will tell you that you should still not get.
Speaker 3: This phone and mean it, and I for not for the time being.
Speaker 4: Like I want to tell you what I want is an base iPhone sixteen again for anything else, just for the thinner bezels. I would want that.
Speaker 7: However, well sucks too and like it's all bad, so I have to stay with iPhone fifteen, which I'm fine with, but I'm so disappointed, Like, oh my god, what I would I would rather go through.
Speaker 4: The growing pains of an iPhone fourteen as they're trying to calibrate these chip you know, skipping a generation. I would rather go through that every year than whatever the hell, we just got with iPhones.
Speaker 1: This is Mike realizing that after that huge debate we had a few months ago. Randy's just keeping the fifteen.
Speaker 4: Oh I am Mike anything, you should be happy. Look at that.
Speaker 3: That's Mike's that's Mike st.
Speaker 2: It's working on something better. But yeah, that's not bad.
Speaker 1: I guess I have to just keep using the fifteen.
Speaker 3: I guess or I would buy.
Speaker 4: I would be open minded to finding a fifteen pro maybe, but at that point, like the money's already paid for, already bought the thing. I have nothing wrong with the phone necessarily. I just didn't want the software locking. But we're all software locked?
Speaker 1: What about the burning.
Speaker 3: I I pretend I don't see it.
Speaker 2: I made this while you're talking about it as well, Randy, Well, that's it, that's my rant. Yeah jeez. Well, I'm glad I didn't upgrade. From all the comments I've heard on hardware and software from you guys, it doesn't sound like a fun you're being on Apple's ecosystem for this new version.
Speaker 1: I have my own theories, but I'd like to ask you both, why do you think Apple is so comfortable releasing a phone where it's headlining feature. You know, is this a marketing problem or is this a company problem that we're getting more and more okay with releasing things that are unfinished. Is that just like industry wide thing? Or what do you think is causing this? Wire companies suddenly okay with releasing hardware without half the features they promised.
Speaker 4: Working pressure, peer pressure, that's it.
Speaker 1: Could be pure pressure from their peers. No, they're fellow companies, like you mean, like other they see the AI going on at Google or at Chat GP with Chat GBT, and they're like, we need to we need to catch up, So let's release the phone even though we haven't figured out a bunch of the features yet.
Speaker 4: Like, okay, I'll explain a little bit further. Everyone has realized that it's the software that makes the experience more than anything else, Not titanium, not a five x zoom out of forty eight megapixel ultra wide. It's the software. And if everyone else's software even gives the perception of innovation over Apple, what's left for Apple? You know what I mean? Like, at that point, you have you have everything that looks like it's an Android fund with the customization, without any of the new Android baked in AI buzz, but even I think that's flawed. And those guys are under weird pressure because of Chat cheeps. Everyone's trying to be on top because they can't they can't stand not being perceived as innovating because they're a public company. They gotta please shareholders annually they have to justify their salaries. So Apple already gets criticism from a loud minority that has to do with sixty hurts, Why why you know stuff like that all these other little things that is hardware based. But they always were like, yeah, but our software top notch until an eight, and there's nothing wrong with the software now. But if you don't look like you're still innovating on that front, never mind spatial computing or you know, log formats or whatever the case may be, just from the experience of it, and it's all.
Speaker 3: Through the UI.
Speaker 4: If it doesn't look like it's innovating, even just for the sake of innovation, then you look like you're behind. And Apple is getting more and more competition with software because of companies like Chat, GPT, and I'm like, everybody's got some baked in software or AI thing happening, and the infrastructure is changing because now everything wants to be a cloud based or an AI based thing, at least right now. And it's been like this for two years now, because if you think about this, Drew Marquez's video about Dolly was two years ago. A lot has changed since then. So much has changed, and then the tech in the tech sector two years is almost obsolete. After a certain point, you have to keep moving. So AI has been in the discussion for over twenty four months, and what has Apple done to show for it. Nothing, but they did, but they didn't call it AI machine learning, this computational photography that, but blah blah blah blah blah blah.
Speaker 3: And if you just would have said, now we could you know the app.
Speaker 8: Apple's overall goal, at least how I see it is they tried to make as much native, first party stock apps as useful as possible where you don't have to go download third party apps like the touch up thing where you can circle something and it goes.
Speaker 4: Away or whatever the case is. Now that that can get rid of more apps that have those features because now you can just do it in the photos app, stuff like that.
Speaker 3: If Apple could just do it at.
Speaker 4: First part or even system level, then it makes them competitive because they still have the in house ecosystem. The vertical streamline is still happening, so anything they can do to stay tightly niched in the vertical side of things is a win for Apple. But when Google comes around and they start showing how everything is pulling stuff in and never mind, you know, we know security has never been like, hey.
Speaker 3: It's the most private whatever.
Speaker 2: They don't care.
Speaker 4: It's like, let me give you the tools and then you do with it. When Google starts doing it, or you got Microsoft with earned Surface and the copilot, you know surface this, who cares if it's bad or not. It shows that they're doing something drastically new. And Apple's just sitting there because they only got one product to launch once a year. They only got one iPhone, they only got one MacBook Pro to launch once a year. They don't get the luxury of doing multiple launches a year of the same product line. You only get to do it once, so they have to wait a whole cycle at least twelve months before they can revisit that again. And then what happens. This happens, it's rushed, it's put together. I bet they started talking about this maybe a little over twelve months ago. I don't think AI was ever in the discussion, clearly because it's still not out. I'll give them the camera control. I'll say that they were talking about that. I mean, the rumors even said that was coming, right, So I give it to them on that that maybe like, hey, we want to make the camera even better. So I believe that that was an Apple you know, two year plan. Let's make the camera even better, let's make the functionality even better.
Speaker 3: But within the.
Speaker 4: Two years, what happens. AI starts really blowing up. You see the evaluation of in video just shoot up so crazily. You know, it's crazy because Nancy Pelosi's buying stock. That's how you know, before it happened, they saw the writing on the wall. So that's what I mean by peer pressure. It's that you have a trajectory that's maybe twelve to twenty four months out.
Speaker 3: But some things they have to stop, and like we need a.
Speaker 4: Correct course to at least give the illusion that we're trying. Because let's call it, let's call it what it is. Apple Vision pro ain't doing all that hot, And I think they knew that from the get go. But they thought they had two years to get that established. But no one's talking about Apple Vision Pro. Everyone's talking about AI, and that made Apple go holy crap.
Speaker 3: So WWDC last year they were like.
Speaker 4: Oh, it's a special computing in the future.
Speaker 1: Da da.
Speaker 4: All that happened in the back of the in the behind the scenes, like holy crap. People are talking more about this other stuff with CHATCHIBT this and you know, GPT four blah blah blah blah, Bay and all these other things and all these other competitors. Sure it's easy to kill rabbit r one or AI pen. Those things are just whatever. That's not your threat. It's what Google and all your other competitors that make phone, Samsung and how they're implementing the same universal understanding of AI and Apple's just like spatial computing.
Speaker 1: Didn't work.
Speaker 4: So that's what I mean by peer pressure.
Speaker 1: Hmm okay, how about you, Mike, do you disagree? Do you have theories more?
Speaker 2: There's somehow made them more angelic with Apple Intelligence and the Sonoma background and all that for those listening and not understanding what's being showed on the screen. But it does show that Apple seems to be lacking, at least with what your guy's opinion is on the most recent devices and software and all that. It's lackluster, it's not impressive. It leaves a whole lot more on the table that could be used or utilized for something else. And so yeah, yearning for something that's a lot more useful or a lot more cohesive, or at least in the way that Apple puts it is easy to use but also robust to use. There it doesn't feel glitchy, doesn't feel a tentative. It doesn't feel like a whole bunch of what's it called particle boards nailed together opening that stays together as a house. It seems like that's what this year is somewhat showing behind the dry wall, is that there wasn't a lot of planning on the wires or on the insulation or segmenting the rooms for what they've got that they're building their ecosystem house as. And it does draw some concern for me, which is why months ago, when you were saying I want pixel or I think I want pixel, I was thinking sure, because that's where I think logically and naturally, what people do they jump from ecosystem to ecosystem, and yeah, it's a headache, but it's always nice to try something new out, and especially in the circumstance where there's a lot of letdowns with the hardware and software from Apple this year, it's not a terrible time to check out something new. And if you don't like it, then well, now, you know, go back to what needs to be improved upon and maybe make your voice a little bit more heard or I don't know, somehow again into some of those QA teams and voice your opinion on what they could do better. But it's tough. It's tough to watch you guys wane so much in your excitement, especially from the event. You guys are pretty pumped for what was being shown, but seeing what it is now and your guys' thoughts on in Drew having a stooped to the level so low that he has to do a sponsorship just to keep the sixteen to give his wife at fifteen because yeah, I'm like lightning so much. I mean, I can just get attacking because lightning isn't that bad. But uh yeah, okay, whatever, it's funny. I would say that it's a very interesting I mean, it's always an interesting time in the tech world. But like we've said in the past, it's becoming a lot more abundantly clear that we're hitting a slow climb right now. It's not a shooting star pretty much. It's we don't have the much velocity or acceleration right now. We're very much cruising and slowing down a lot by air resistance or water whatever curriculism in comparison that I'm making right now, there needs to be some push for why you want this and why we are offering a robust product from a company like Apple.
Speaker 3: I will say this.
Speaker 4: Something that like I'm like, ah, I like having a thunderbolt port on an iPhone because I can plug in my mic, which requires power to turn on to run this one. And it only works on a Thunderbolt iPhone, not a you know, a two dot zho speed It won't power it. The idea of utilizing the hardware to its maximum potential excites me, which is why I was optimistic about the camera control button. But the software is what dictates how that goes. For example, software is just crap on camera control. It is what it is. Sometimes when you plug in your MIC directly into the phone, you won't know According to Drew, you wouldn't know if it stopped working or not. And that's a software thing. There's no indicator of it telling you it's not working anymore. Where the phone's done recording or whatever the case may be. That's all software that's causing that.
Speaker 3: So everything that.
Speaker 4: I have had a let down on had to do with software. With the exception of me complaining about the ultra wide not being that impressive, that's just the limitations of the sensor itself. So that's hardware. With the exception of that, everything else is really software based. That's causing all that to happen, and.
Speaker 2: And it dictates everything. Software is what determines your experience the only thing that I can see. It kind of weaves into what you're saying before at the USBC as well. The thing that software doesn't really touches devices that don't rely on it as much.
Speaker 4: With the audio mix is software. Yeah, worst thing I could have ever use. Mike, you made a comment to it. He said it sounds thirteen seconds sound out better than the rest of the video, And I'm like, he's right, he's right. That was software doing that, because according to them, the hardware is top not for studio mics like, Oh, well, I saw what they did with the MacBook. This has to be great.
Speaker 2: Did they get I was gonna make a great edit of all of your excitement leading up to the team of like on the podcast. I think I have all the clips, I just haven't assembled it of you being excited on the podcast, you being excited in your videos, and then the video of you being like and here we go it's it sounds soul, and then the next one. Sorry, guys, I'm out. I can't. I'm just gonna use my mic like it's a great compilation of Randy's already hurting enough and I don't know where I'm gonna post anyways and on Twitter anyways. But uh, getting back to it, Yeah, I do seceed with the whole USBC thing. It is nice having one port for all solutions. It's something I'm appreciating with my Reobie products is that I've got three or four batteries that can go into two or three different devices, and I always have one charging and the battery can be used in those devices without a problem, where I've got two others that have very unique batteries that can't find anything else and so it's slightly the same, but like being able to have the same port to plug into is great. But as I was saying as well to you, Randy, with the whole software thing, those aren't dictated by software, so it doesn't matter for me, so it doesn't impact me as much. But being able to balance hardware and software and offer a robust solution is a tough game. And I think Apple's just showing here with their pushes to be a little bit more relevant, has shown that they aren't optimizing as much as they maybe should have for their launches for their products.
Speaker 1: Do you think you know the tech community talks a lot about like one hundred and twenty hurtz, why isn't that on the base model? And I understand most consumers don't care, but the justification of like, even if they don't care, why not at it really came down to cost, right, It's like the cost of an LTPO panel that could do that higher refresh rate wouldn't be justified. But then they put camera control on the cheapest iPhone and I feel like that's got to be close to the same amount of pricing to speck it up a little bit for one hundred and twenty, and I'm wondering if internally they were just like, yeah, but one hundred twenty hurtz doesn't help us sell Apple intelligence features. But camera control we can pitch as visual intelligence, Like you need that button with the only I mean, it's not a button, you need that feature. You gotta hold that down to launch visual intelligence, which you can't do on older phones. So I don't know. I just picture that boardroom meeting where they're like, well, let's add camera control, which is a little bit more cost. You know, it's sapphire glass, which isn't cheap. It's surrounded with stainless steel, and then you have to up the IP rating because it's a physical button, so you have to build it into the chassis. It complicates everything. Opposed to just swapping out a display, the phone has to have a display, Like that's not a part you can remove. But instead of going with the basic sixty hertz panel, just use the one twenty hertz panel that you're already using in the pros. Like, I feel like the argument that the average consumer wouldn't care about one twenty doesn't work as well when Apple starts pushing new hardware features into the base model sixteen, because I always looked at it as like, you know, the base model sixteen, they're just trying to keep as cheap as possible so that they still have decent margins on a lower price. But now that they're doing this, they put the A eighteen chip in there almost, you know, just as powerful as the A eighteen Pro, just a couple less cores. They're throwing camera control in there. I'm like, they're I don't know, my opinion is they're panicking. It almost feels like it's like they're panicking about like halfway through the development cycle of iPhone sixteen lineup. Whenever that took place, they just suddenly went, oh, crap, we don't got anything like this is not gonna be a good year. This is not a substantial upgrade. There's very few changes that people are gonna care about. And then the marketing team was probably just like, yeah, you're not hitting our quota for it. We need to talk about this many things on a new iPhone, And they're like, what what do we got? What can we do? How do we get people excited? Well, go to the news, everyone's talking about AI. We have to we have to do more AI stuff we got to lean into AI. Could we do one hundred twenty hertz? Yeah? Maybe, But how does that help us align with the AI stuff? It's like, I guess it doesn't, but the camera control could because visual intelligence, And it's like is it ready yet? No, But as long as we're talking about it, that means that plays into the whole marketing of built from the ground up for Apple Intelligence. It's like camera control, that's what it's built for. It's like it's built for it, and yet at launch it doesn't have it. It's just and like you said, even when it does launch, it's going to be just a couple features. It's going to be like proof read and jen Moji and other stuff. I don't know. I would care more if I was interested in the intelligence features, but all of them seem really dumb to me, which is why I'm not too bothered by it. I'm like, I'm just reviewing it as it is. I don't even want to talk about we'll get there. I'm sure we'll make videos about how Apple Intelligence does down the road. But to me, that's the vibe I'm getting from Apple is that they are internally realizing that as a company and a brand. They've kind of matured all their tech that can't really make it that much better. Their biggest competitors not Google, it's themselves. Their biggest threat is last year's iPhone. And that's why I'm telling everybody just go out by a fifteen refurbished or renewed. You can several hundred dollars and get a near identical experience.
Speaker 4: So I appreciated the type to Siri for the beta I was using. I really liked that because I was able to in some prompts I forget. I wish I could remember what I did, but I was able to drill down, like tap on the thing and open up another thing, and I can scroll. And then when I was done, I was able to just swipe up on the home bar, and it took me right back to the app I was already in, not the home bar, It didn't not the home screen, It didn't move me anywhere, it kept me right around that. I was like, this is what I wanted. I did. I do simple math with types of Siri, way better than hope up the camera app.
Speaker 6: Do this.
Speaker 4: I would just go twenty five hundred times three or whatever, right, and I would write the word times.
Speaker 3: And and just and that was it and give me the answer.
Speaker 4: Yeah. So I was like, okay, I'm just give an example.
Speaker 1: But the calculator app keeps throwing me off though because of the delete key. Yes, I used to be able to swipe and that yep, I swiped on the number to delete, and now they've changed it, and I'm like, ah, I'm having to relearn everything. But Apple doesn't know how to live with the fact that a lot of their tech that there's there's no way to improve upon it. Really like they've created a well rounded, well made smartphone experience and then they have to force themself what what can we add to it? What can we do more of? And it's like nothing.
Speaker 4: They make it cheaper ish, Bye bye innovation to them. Now, well people will you know, people are going to lose their freaking minds over this is if the iPhone seventeen base model has promotion. Now all of a sudden, it's a big deal. Apple's back baby and stock starting the skyrocket.
Speaker 1: And the techies will love it, but not the not the everyday consumer.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they nobody will know any difference regardless. But for the sake of saying that we improving on our products. That's low hanging fruit that they can address at any point, and they just chose not to. As evident by what you just said, they rather put money towards a camera control button than the display panel, which I would say that the same, the same. The display panel is so much more cheaper, cost efficient, and you can still what like these iPhones, they're the base iPhones, aren't actually eight hundred and fifty dollars American.
Speaker 3: That's that's if you.
Speaker 4: That's if you do the the the activation thing with your carrier. Only in the base models will they say it's this price. My military discount shows me a base model for seven and twenty dollars, but it's only seven hundred and twenty dollars if I activate with T Mobile, not outright outright it's I think seven to seventy or something like that. Fifty something like.
Speaker 1: I can't believe they're still doing that all these years later.
Speaker 4: Only on the base models, because that's the best selling model, because it's the japestmore.
Speaker 1: I thought the pros were. I think it's the decoy model. It's the The job of the base model is to make the pros look good.
Speaker 3: It's not working.
Speaker 1: Though they are pretty that's probably its best feature.
Speaker 4: Honestly, I think the macro mode focused ultra widess. I was shocked that that came to a base model.
Speaker 3: I was happy, but shocked. I was like, wow.
Speaker 1: I still think it confuses more people than anything because then when they hold their phone close to things, it does that macro switch crops in.
Speaker 4: But the base iPhone main sensor here is not the same depth as the pros and I was reading up I needed to verify something because to my understanding, the main sensor the fusion cameras they call it now for the sixteen Pro, it's the same as fifteen Pro. So I did by side by side, and sure enough I was able to get closer on a Base fifteen because you're you have more room to get closer with it and still maintain clarity without it getting too out of focus with it, and with that, it won't trigger the macro mode if it's If it's not too close and you're able to get closer, it will still confuse people, yes, and they won't know why they're getting worse photos for it. But for what it is, you can get a lot closer on a base iPhone than are a pro because the camera sensors on the pros are just they're too big. There's a certain once you get too much, it's done. And I was really hoping I kept the macro mode on or at least the ability to switch between the lenses, hoping that the forty eight megapixel wouldn fix that problem. After I took the photo, and I still look just as gross. And that's a me problem. But I looked just as gross as I did with any of the other pros that had that same issue, from what fourteen Pro, fifteen Pro, and now sixteen Pro it's the same problem. So yeah, but now you get two lenses and you still get those four they treated like four lenses that you ever met. There four different ones for the costume two.
Speaker 1: The four lenses.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's what I was going to ask you, is is there actually a macro setting on the zooms on the sixteen or yes? Okay, I like that now. Yeah, Before on the fourteen and maybe thirteen or whatever and on it was an issue with me where you put it. To get the quote unquote macro shot, you have to put it in ultra wide and then get really close. But that wasn't clear like that was they didn't have Yeah, like there was that was the pros macro capability on the pros. But even so they didn't list like here's how you get a macro shot in the phone. It was just you see it online. You're like, how do I do that? And you have to do all this research and then you try doing it phases in and out and having a nice setting in there that says, hey, this is dedicated for macro shots. Yes, I appreciate. Even though it seems very like this.
Speaker 1: Is because it goes off all the time. It still does when you're just when you're holding something at a reasonable distance, it'll still switch over to the ultra wide and crop in to be like that's more InFocus. That's that's the example. My wife was doing the side by sides with her iPhone ten and the sixteen promacs, and she took a picture of a sunflower and the iPhone ten produced the better image because it was using the main sensor in the sixteen was like, oh, this is too close, So it switched to the ultrawide and then crops in and now everything's kind of compressed and there's less depth, and it was like, okay, that's that's an everyday experience she just went through. Where now this twelve hundred dollars phone is performing worse than this seven year old life Drew.
Speaker 4: Do you on your sixteen pro now? Do you have the same overheating problem?
Speaker 1: It doesn't feel as bad, But I'm wondering if that's more to do with the size. I can still overheat it, though I definitely don't think that there's a massive difference in the thermals. They made it seem like it was a big deal, and I got it to overheat pretty easily. It didn't overheat to the point of shutting down, but it did get to the point where it dims the display and it drops the refresh rate, and I'm like, okay, so you can still overheat. I still have to be cautious, but I do think like being physically larger probably helps dissipate because the chip is the same size whether you get the Pro or the Pro Max, but the heat sink that's surrounding it is physically larger on the Promax, So to be fair, there are some things I like about it. Now that I'm managing social media for so many different accounts, Having the bigger screen has been nice. I like how much information I can read all at once instead of trying to cram everything on my little screen. So my use case has changed a bit where a smaller phone. As much as I love the convenience and portability of the mini iPhones, as long as I have this current job, having a big phone is pretty useful with that. But I predict within the next five to ten years, I think Apple's going to remove camera control. I think it's going to be like a three D touch thing where they're like, not enough people are using this, let's get rid of it. Maybe less than five years, It'll depend on how the usage data is, but I'm predicting this is one of those things that's everyday people are not going to use, and Apple's going to realize we're wasting time and money. They don't give up too quickly. They like to commit to things for a while. But in the same way that no one really used three D touch, even though that was a good feature, camera control I think is going to turn into one of those things that just like, hardly anybody uses and they will get rid of.
Speaker 2: That's my Can you still pinch to zoom on the sixteen's and sixteen pros or do you have to use the camera?
Speaker 1: Of course.
Speaker 2: I was gonna say, if they force you to use the camera control button to zoom, then that's a different story because then people are going to try to figure out how zoom and they use it, and then that's data Apple saying oh, look they used it.
Speaker 1: No one, Yeah, I would return the phone if it did that. That would be horrible. That would be a deal breaker for me. But I've tried to show it to so many different people on how camera control works, and no one figured it out. There wasn't a single person in my family who was visiting.
Speaker 2: But we're somehow getting a wider shot of Randy on his phone compared to the camera that he's using. That's hilarious.
Speaker 1: Can see even it was the least intuitive thing I've ever seen appleship. I was like, how are they How are they okay shipping this like it was So I kept trying to explain to people how it worked, and they would they would just open the camera and try to zoom and it wouldn't work, and I'm like, no, you have to press down lightly, and then they would just do a quick tap.
Speaker 4: Control strewed me. It just did it right now, that's the same one to talk about accidental input. Sorry, Mike, all right, Drew, keep going.
Speaker 1: Sorry, I just well not even the accidental intentional input is confusing because it's such a small surface. You can't do much zooming. Your finger has to turn into this inch worm. And even older cameras that had a little dial on the top, it was not it didn't work that way. You didn't inch like a you know, disposable film camera like refilling the film. No, it was like if you wanted to zoom on an old camcorder, you would like have a little rocker or a dial at the top, and you would push it one direction and then it would zoom at a consistent rate, in and out, and then as soon as you let go, it would stop. It would snap in place. And that's not what camera control does. It's just like your fingers an inch worm, and it's an uncomfortable position. You get way more control and it's way more intuitive to just pinch on the screen, which is what everybody's gonna do. And I don't think people are going to use visual intelligence even when that ships. I don't think that's a very useful feature. It's really not any different from Google Lens, which has been available for it feels like a decade it's been around. There's there's ways you can launch an app on your phone and have the phone tell you what it's seeing, like reviews on what it's looking at. That's that's not a new thing. That's not.
Speaker 2: Apple's version of it.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 4: I hate camera control, but my action button. Let's play a game. What's it map to.
Speaker 1: Mine is still camera because I.
Speaker 4: Mine is camera.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's faster and easier because you can hold it down. You can't hold down camera control to launch the camera.
Speaker 2: You have to click it in and that's it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you have to click in and then let go. But if it's even slower because if the display is off, Randy will tell you, yeah, the display is off and you press camera control, it just wakes up the display. It doesn't launch the camera.
Speaker 2: So even though that, at least with my current phone, I can just raise it out of my pocket and it wakes up with that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well you can still do race to Wag, but if you just press it once with the display off, which my use case, that came up a lot. Is the reason I like the action button. Was that if I'm traveling somewhere or I'm out and about and I see something I want to take a picture of really fast, or I want to take a video it's like a helicopter flying by or whatever. I'm reaching in my pocket, I feel the action button. The display isn't on yet. I hold down the action button so that by the time I get here, the camera's already launched. Work with camera control because pressing at once just wakes the display. You have to press it a second time to launch the camera. And it's not a hole down, it's a press and release, whereas action button, it's just one motion, just click down and then it's open. So I still use the action button for camera all the time, even though there some people are like, well, camera control is nice because I have a way to launch the camera instantly, and I'm like, action button's better at that. Some people want to use their action button for something else, like the flashlight. But again, like you've explained, you can. You can just swipe to the right to launch the camera two from the lock screen, or you can press those little toggles at the bottom. Those those have been around for seven years now, so yeah, there's no reason to buy sixteen. In my opinion, any size, any storage, even the base model, is not worth it. It's a pretty color, But you can find an iPhone fifteen for like six hundred bucks for furbished now and it'll be ninety five ninety nine percent the exact same experience.
Speaker 4: So the only thing you don't get on iPhone fifteen that I think is worth anything is the updated photographic styles.
Speaker 1: People don't use those to that I use them. I like, do you use photographic styles on your phone? Mike?
Speaker 2: Is that the filters?
Speaker 1: Well, it looks like filters, but Apple tries to convince you they're not filters. Then no, this is this is at the core level. It's processed fundamentally maintains skin textures and tones.
Speaker 2: My whole thing is I take a photo with regular settings as shown here with JD Vance, I guess, and then later I put in my added things that I want to I don't want to take a picture like this, weird color shifted.
Speaker 4: Mike look so vice presidential.
Speaker 1: I need image playgrounds to generate an image of Mike.
Speaker 4: Somebody asked me if I used that yesterday because I posted there. They said, hey, do you have access to photograph. What the hell.
Speaker 1: Why you were lagging there for a minute? Sorry?
Speaker 4: Why, I don't know. Yeah, somebody asked me because I posted a teaser to something, it's my album. I think that I think I'll make the announcement.
Speaker 2: Today making an album.
Speaker 4: I think it's actually I'm actually announcing the album today.
Speaker 3: I believe.
Speaker 4: I'm waiting for iTunes to give me the because this is going to go up on Saturday. It's going to be announced you today or tomorrow. So I'm talking about it openly year. But I'm waiting for iTunes to tell me that the pre saved link is actually live, because when it is, then I can actually like start to properly promote it. I haven't got that email yet. But the album is done. And I teased a fake version of what my what the cover art is going to look like, and so I went and back in March.
Speaker 3: I took the emojis.
Speaker 4: Of the hands. I took the bubbles emojis and erased the other bubbles and kept one of them. I took some stars and I just warped it. This was March, okay, March, and so I do it. I'm like, this kind of looks like my album cover. So I make it, and uh, I remember things like, man, I wish we could have more control over the emojis.
Speaker 3: I need to find out three months later.
Speaker 4: There is I need to find out three months later. That's basically what the image playground or gen moji whatever.
Speaker 3: That's what gen moji is is you can.
Speaker 4: Kind of manipulate your your things. So that is part one of my teaser. And then by the time this goes out, you'll that will reveal to be the actual what the actual cover art is, along with the tide and everything like that. So if I don't make it to the deadline, then uh, the podcast YouTubers get a sneak peek of my cover art.
Speaker 3: Whoa, it's yes, that's the.
Speaker 2: Whyrew is not zooming in on it instead.
Speaker 4: Sorry, something worry about like to like, I'm not doing it.
Speaker 3: I'm not doing it again.
Speaker 1: Zoom. Wow, look at that.
Speaker 2: It's an amazing album cover.
Speaker 1: I sent to the group chat what it reminded me of but.
Speaker 4: Jem Yeah, but so something I realized that I wanted a generative.
Speaker 1: Very similar Uh what there you go? So, but no, I did not use You don't need moji, Randy, You're better than that you know that there's another feeling I have that I mentioned in the review video, which is anything that is hyped this high will always be a disappointment. Like there's no way just from a development standpoint, you know that internally Apple is pushing the software team. You know, they're like, you, guys, have to get this done. You have to get it out as soon as possible. When there's those kind of stakes and there's that kind of pressure coming down from the marketing team and the executives at the company that are like, you have to get this out, there's no way that it's gonna actually work as intended. Like even when they release it to the public, even when it's out of beta, technically, it's still gonna be rushed. It's still gonna be missing things. It's still not gonna work as great as Apple says, because the circumstances leading to its development are just, in my opinion, it won't succeed. It can't. Like they're already pushing it too hard. You're gonna break it, and you're just gonna be like deadline, Deadline's coming up, Deadline's coming up. Ship Ship chipship, and then it sucks. So true, it don't buy a phone for Apple Intelligence. I don't care.
Speaker 4: Why do you have that mindset for this but not for ROBOTAXI This is literally what I was saying in in the ev podcast, who says, don't you're like it's gonna be controlled by a control like.
Speaker 1: Temper your expens totally different. I think no, I think that's totally different. I think FSD driving around a city block for one minute is way more achievable than what is Apple Intelligence even trying to do. We can't. We can't even explain.
Speaker 4: Decribe Apple Intelligence and a single sentence go good, very good.
Speaker 1: I'll search the web for that as it's gonna be asked when it launches. It's finally out of beta. Siri, what's my what's my calendar look like? I don't know's.
Speaker 4: I don't know what you ask.
Speaker 1: I don't know if you caught Nick's podcast, Randy, but Nick was not very impressed. He's running the beta and he said the chat GPT is far better than Apple Intelligence at this point, it's not even close.
Speaker 4: But he, unlike us, is sticking with a sixteen bro. I try to talk him out of it, and he's, oh, well, you you sold out, so it's different you. Yours is paid for. Yeah, you're you're, you're just you're just another washed up has been sell out?
Speaker 1: Who that's true?
Speaker 4: No, that one felt even that one felt too much. I'm sorry that one. That one.
Speaker 1: No, No, I'd be saying the same thing to you if you did it.
Speaker 4: I know, but that's I'm cooler than I'm nicer than you, I'm better than you, So I can't I feel nicer, Mike, you can go straight to.
Speaker 9: Debate, which is kind of like hell right, So I tell I'll tell you this much because I don't think he's going to be back anytime soon.
Speaker 4: On the show, he asked we we we.
Speaker 1: Were, uh, you should do one, you should do it in person.
Speaker 4: Well, we shall see, but I want to week off.
Speaker 1: Please.
Speaker 4: Well we record it this week, so he's here for the weekend. That's we're done.
Speaker 1: Do it for next week. You two always have lots to talk about.
Speaker 4: And we'll have a lot to talk about while we're touching grass. So he wants my phone.
Speaker 1: Hmmm, why because it has your bank information on it?
Speaker 2: Because it's white.
Speaker 1: No, he said, he likes the black Titan.
Speaker 4: Now, I'm sorry, Nick, if you're listening to this.
Speaker 3: I'm sorry, but.
Speaker 4: It's just it's in conversation I have to bring up. Now he's straighted. He's already at the Apple story exchanging his phone.
Speaker 1: Oh my god.
Speaker 4: Not only that he hates something happened with his Ultra too black.
Speaker 1: Uh oh and it gets scuffed. I saw some people reporting. Yeah, I'm glad they took their time on that. Everyone was like a black titanium would scratch too easily, so they took an extra year to figure it out. And they still didn't figure out. They were like, did you guys finish Nope, let's ship it.
Speaker 4: When uh, when he said that happened, he was like, I instantly regret this. So he's been He already went back to the series one Ultra and.
Speaker 1: Sorry, everything everything he bought basically has been returned.
Speaker 4: Oh I don't know. I don't know about two things because one wait, he's keeping the sixteen pro Max and that's why I told him. I was like, you don't want my that one. He's he wants the white one because he wants continuity. If he's not keeping the black Ultra to or whatever the series two, then he he wants continuity with his line.
Speaker 3: So I thought him, don't take mine?
Speaker 4: Yeah, how drew question? Speaking of white things? Are you did you?
Speaker 1: No? I haven't decided who I'm voting for.
Speaker 3: Well that's good, Yes you have.
Speaker 4: Yes, you're you're voting for Mike.
Speaker 2: I know that was running.
Speaker 4: Are you keeping or are you going to keep? What is your relationship between you and air Pods for?
Speaker 1: Uh? Because you're not wearing them?
Speaker 4: Yeah, you're not wearing them.
Speaker 1: I'm not.
Speaker 4: What's wrong with you?
Speaker 1: Uh? I like saving?
Speaker 3: Could I not sponsor that either?
Speaker 2: Apparently not?
Speaker 1: Well, that wasn't part of the deal. Also, though, if you watch the review, you know that there was a deal breaker issue with their pot.
Speaker 4: I saw the dealer, I saw, and I think we even though about it on the show.
Speaker 1: Didn't we the bleed through? I don't remember talking about it, but yeah, whenever we mentioned it. The the bleed through on Airpod's four was particularly bad, to the point where my wife is driving the car, a Model three from twenty twenty two. You know how noisy it is in those things, and she's going seventy miles per hour. I'm not blasting music. I didn't like turn up the volume as loud as possible. I'm just editing a normal video at an average like fifty percent volume. She could hear it in the car.
Speaker 3: That sounds like a whole lot of her problem. Sounds like you've ran in the time of your life.
Speaker 4: Sounds like you should have kept those thugs.
Speaker 1: To me, that defeats the point of headphones if everybody can hear what you're listening to. I'm just going to use the MacBook speakers anyway. So that's kind of a deal breaker. But I kind of regret returning them. So I did return them, just so we're clear. But as soon as I went back to Airpod's pro this morning or no, we were using them last night for a meeting, I want they were kind of dirty, you know how AirPods get. I wanted to clean them. So I grabbed the rubber seal to like, you know, say it, say it, I'm cleaning the airport, and the rubber part tears again second time. These are my second pairs, my first pair of the rubber so I saw it in the process of tearing. It didn't rip all the way off, but I was just like two years later, here we go again, and I and I AirPods, you said it, not me.
Speaker 9: We were thinking it the moment you went like this, you were we were thinking it.
Speaker 4: Well, I saw that thoughts were Jewish.
Speaker 2: Okay, I sure he doesn't all the way off?
Speaker 1: Or is it just no? I saw the tear start, and that's when I stopped. I was gonna pull them all the way off, and I was just like, it's tearing. So I stopped right then and put it back on and just said, Okay, it works for now. It is still attached. But I guess they're just getting dirty now. But I was like, I I loved everything about AirPods Pro when I first got them, but the longer I've owned them, the more I've hated them. And I don't think I'm ever buying AirPods Pro again, or at least I don't want to buy headphones with rubber seals anymore, because they can't break.
Speaker 4: Over ears don't just squid where.
Speaker 1: It's easy to say now because I haven't worn over ears in a while, but last time I remember wearing over ears that really made my head uncomfortable. So but I don't want to spend five hundred and fifty bucks on.
Speaker 4: I'm not saying air pods. I'm just saying the size of working.
Speaker 3: What's the okay question? Because you were explaining this thing with you in the car with Louise. This is a genuine question.
Speaker 4: What is your What is your function for using any type of headphones, whether in ear, on ear, or over ear? What what is what is your purpose? Is it to just have an isolated experience? Is it to have a better sounding experience? There's different answers will tell you why you should or shouldn't have over ears or in ears or on ears or anything like that or anything.
Speaker 1: I don't like having more than one thing, as you know, I don't want to have two phones. I don't want to have so I like having one pair of headphones that can kind of do everything. But my use cases are more for doing online calls like this, like I'm doing a lot more meetings at my new job, and you don't want the mic to pick up the speakers and everything, So I use it for work calls. But I also do a lot of yard work, and I'm using machinery that makes noise when I'm mowing the lawn and everything. The mower's loud, So I like having active noise cancelation, which is what was appealing to me to AirPods for. But then there's also times where like I want to watch a video or a live stream that's kind of late or very early in the morning, and my wife is trying to sleep and she's right next to me. So I just want something I can throw on and listen that doesn't disturb people around me. And that was kind of the deal breaker with airpod's for It was like, anytime I wear these, everybody around me is going to know that they're playing things, and it's kind of I hate that little faint headphone sound. Immediate it happens. Yeah, it's like I I'm hearing noise. It's not enough for people to know what you're listening to, but they can tell you're listening to something. It's a very frustrating sound. So I was like, I want something with less bleed through but good a n C. But also because I use it when I'm doing your work, it has to be somewhat water resistant because I sweat a lot, and as you know, I have to adjust my headphones all the time because how sweaty it gets.
Speaker 2: Here here's a sweaty man.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna ask almost ridiculous question, but is it possible in those. It sounds like everything with Airpod's four meets stack rats here except the bleed through part. So here's the ridiculous question. Is it possible you could just turn it down a little bit more, you know what I mean, and you can still have the experience, Like.
Speaker 1: I don't know, you sound just like everybody around me whenever I'm using can you turn them down a little lower? And I'm like, fifty per cent, I hear.
Speaker 4: It, not me necess I don't care. I'm deaf anyway, so I don't care. But you you having it sounds like like because it sounds like up until this one part, like you don't want anything with silicon SIPs again, like the Airpod's pro is that thing for you.
Speaker 1: But they're dying too. They didn't charge this morning when I when I me too, my left AirPod was dead and.
Speaker 4: I was like, yep, it's always the last, so I'm more likely.
Speaker 1: To go with some kind of over years. I don't think Airpod's max, but I I'm sick. Mike and I talked about this when we were driving through Nevada as well. I'm sick of headphones that only last like a year and a half. And then the batteries have shot. I'm tired of that. So it also for this application, it makes too much sense to have some something that I can plug in wired so that I don't have to be doing this musical Hello, it's so great, swish.
Speaker 4: I take for granted, I'm gonna pla, I'm gonna plug my album again. That's what the way I'm selling my own product there. Yeah, Jack, hang on before you say anything, Mike. The only thing that I don't like about my over years that I take for granted, or I don't take for granted anymore, that I realized, like oh man, I like that is I love the spatial audio that comes with the AirPods, and I mixed my album to be that where it works with spatial audio so you could get a good experience no matter what type of headphones you got. I know it works great in stereo, it works good on speakers, but I purposely was post production equivalent when I was mixing the album to make sure that they sounded exceptionally well in spatial audio without me doing an official Doby mix, because that costs more money to stream, and I don't want to pay more money for that. So the only thing the only reason I'm holding on to these things is so I can listen to playback of certain music for example, for me for protecting, to hear it in spatial audio and be like, wow, that's amazing. These over ears. I don't know of any over ears that are wired that can just plug in and then they're good that also can give me a spatial audio experience. If they can, then I'm right there with you, Drew, and I think you should do to. No, they don't plug in, they don't plug in. That a real plug in lossless plugging it. No, No, I need the bigger jack, the not the three point five millimeters one. Yes, the one she tells you not to worry about you, You, the one she tells you about.
Speaker 3: I need it.
Speaker 1: I need it to the mutual studios support spatial I don't know.
Speaker 4: I really, I have no idea.
Speaker 3: I know that the I know they do lossless, but I don't.
Speaker 1: Do lostless, which is that's kind of what I'm eyeing right now. I'm not sure if I want to go through that because they don't have much IP rating of any kind. But the Beat studio pros look pretty good.
Speaker 4: If the studio pros have over ear spatial audio and it's a wired plug in. Then I think when my Airpot's pro inevitably crap out, I will do over ears.
Speaker 1: They do by the way they do. They have spatial audio and lossless playback.
Speaker 3: Text me a link right now.
Speaker 1: Yeah, actually, I'm texting you the link from Apple because that's the page that has the spatial audio stuff. But you can find them on Amazon for much cheaper than Oh, don't do this.
Speaker 4: In fact, I'm not buying an iPhone, so I'm gonna buy some headphones instead.
Speaker 1: Guess what. The Amazon cheaper pair also has an exclusive color that you can can't get from Apple.
Speaker 4: What's the color?
Speaker 1: White?
Speaker 4: Wow?
Speaker 1: Wow? White brown? So you can't get the clean white beat Studio pose from Apple. You have to get them from Amazon. And they are cheaper.
Speaker 4: So oh wow. See I told you I would pay three fifty for Airpod's Max to have that I don't I don't care about.
Speaker 1: You can buy him on Amazon for one seventy This generation, yeah, same generation. They are renewed. That's the one I'm looking at.
Speaker 2: You've just rocked this man's world.
Speaker 4: I don't need him right now.
Speaker 2: Though I don't need it, we're just impressed.
Speaker 1: I'll get you a sponsorship, Brandy.
Speaker 4: I bet you would. You're such a pro at that.
Speaker 1: Now, oh, did they sell out of the white ones thing?
Speaker 4: The exclusive?
Speaker 1: Wait?
Speaker 4: Where's the white I don't see white.
Speaker 1: It's not on that listing.
Speaker 2: It was like, oh, meanwhile, you guys are doing that. I'm just playing with the calculator app that I just downloaded.
Speaker 1: Why did you download a calculator app?
Speaker 2: No, the well, okay, it's the calculator app. I downloaded iPad os eighteen or whatever it is, and now it's absolutely math notes update.
Speaker 4: I bet they did those jerks.
Speaker 1: Sure, let's do it.
Speaker 2: Wait, I can have some fun here while you guys are looking at stuff. But pretty much the orange is what the iPad or math notes filled in. And unfortunately the equation thing sucks, but it sometimes works, And by sucks, maybe I'm being a little bit too harsh, but it doesn't like functions like why of X, like why parentheses X parentheses. It's just it likes why equals something in the function of X.
Speaker 1: And then.
Speaker 2: Then it'll tell you, okay, there's a graph for that. You want to see that, and then you can play around with the graph or even where you are in the.
Speaker 10: Graph does does the Beats studio prof So anyway, Well, now I have a question because one thing that will be a deal breaker regardless when it comes to work is does it have a flat profile with playback?
Speaker 4: I need. I can't have something that has high base, like can I adjust the eq if it's base heavy or low? Try?
Speaker 2: Like?
Speaker 3: Does it give you a flat profile?
Speaker 4: A flat profile is basically you know a blank canvas that you can then actually manipulate in.
Speaker 1: Where would you find that out? Would it be in MIDI set or what it would be?
Speaker 3: Because this thing would even come with.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna answer your question with the question, doesn't this thing come with its own app? I don't know, because if it did, it would be in the app settings that that you adjust eqs because I made the description, but I don't see anything that's talking about the sound profile unfortunately, And I know.
Speaker 1: That I would love to use my phone to check the app store being used as continuity camera? What is this, Mike?
Speaker 2: It doesn't understand what v of T is equal to T square plus five?
Speaker 1: Is basic stuff?
Speaker 2: Impressed?
Speaker 1: Come on? So anyway, everybody.
Speaker 2: Anything sold on headphones?
Speaker 4: No, no, no, I wouldn't be sold calculator.
Speaker 2: It's a classic episode.
Speaker 4: I won't buy anything that is heavy on a certain sound frequency because that kind of screws up the whole audio mixed portion of things, which is what I use headphones primarily for. If I'm not taking call, I mean calls like this is the secondary things like oh, since I'm here, I always throw these on and the AirPods were giving me issues anyway. But I listened to a flat profile on purpose because that gives you the most that's the most authentic playback that you can get. If something is heavy on the base, it might be heavier than what either the musician was intending, or even YouTube videos, then you hear like weird mudtlely noise happening. You don't like that. I don't like that.
Speaker 1: So I think that on Apple all of the settings in EQ is built into the settings app. There's an app, but it's only on Android, which makes me think that, Okay, there must be settings on iOS and they just build it in by default.
Speaker 2: Or they just don't exist, or they just don't exist.
Speaker 1: Unlikely. Why does beats make cases?
Speaker 2: Why not?
Speaker 1: But sorry, I think we went over we did.
Speaker 4: That's okay.
Speaker 2: I didn't even realize time flies when we're having fun talking about beats, headphones later beat to death.
Speaker 4: I'm glad we see on iPhone sixteen, Drew. I was expecting that, to be honest, but I am so disappointed that you are such a sellout. Now I can't I can't look at you the same.
Speaker 1: That's fair.
Speaker 4: I'm writing you out of my will now, like the whole thing, it's done.
Speaker 1: I understand.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and you deserve everything that comes to you when you get dragged about sponsorships.
Speaker 2: Gosh, I do. I will say as my last thing in which as one who enjoys Office three sixty five, I'm very proud of Microsoft to be bringing back the one time purchase.
Speaker 1: Hey, I think it's often does that happen.
Speaker 2: It's been like three or four years I think since the one time purchase has been around. I think it was twenty twenty one or something like that.
Speaker 1: But how much is it?
Speaker 6: Uh?
Speaker 1: PC World States eighty thousand dollars.
Speaker 2: Eighty thousand dollars. No, I think it's about if I recall in another articles, around forty to sixty No. One hundred and one hundred and forty. I'll get that metric on the next podcast. But I think it's around one hundred and forty four a one time two three the software packages.
Speaker 1: We're going to get to the bottom of this, but hey, a in an ocean of memberships. Here's a company offering one time purchases. Left is doing something good here.
Speaker 4: I would jump on this so bad do it?
Speaker 2: Office is great.
Speaker 4: I love it.
Speaker 2: The calculator app is angering me, but maybe I just don't understand how you use it. Excel is awesome, but.
Speaker 4: A one time purchase is the way to go. Logic final cut, and now Microsoft Office the best suite of office applications exactly.
Speaker 1: That's the best thing we should highlight of Apple being so distracted by intelligence is they haven't gotten around to turning all of their pro apps into memberships yet. We're okay, who now?
Speaker 4: Because I would really hate to have him to start to pirate things again. I mean, what, No, don't do that. That's illegal. Guys, don't do that. I don't do that. I said, don't do that. I would hate to do that because it's illegal and you shouldn't do that.
Speaker 2: But you said hate too, but you're gonna have no.
Speaker 4: I would hate to because it's wrong.
Speaker 1: Audio listeners are like Yeah.
Speaker 4: Video Randy's spin right now. It is like, yo, he's on fire. Those are bars right there. Everyone on YouTube drop a winky emoji at the end, so let me know you made it this far in.
Speaker 1: Your We'll see you all on you tour, I mean next week. YouTube cat YouTube