Speaker 1: By Billy Cunningham, the Great America, and welcome this bridget shot daft in the tri State. Terrible weather everywhere, and it's going to stay here for the next several days. Maybe person next week may get a little bit better, may not, who knows.
Speaker 2: But we're in the middle of I think.
Speaker 1: The tenth or eleventh polar vortex that has struck the Midwest. And we'll see what happens there. Big show plan in about thirty minutes or so. We've scheduled Jay Ratliff to come up. There's new information about that Delta plane that crashed in Toronto, which involves the steep rate of descent allegedly. I'm watching this morning on one of the cable channels, I think it was a CNN. They had an F eighteen pilot on saying you're supposed to descend about eight hundred feet a minute. It was descending at fifteen hundred feet a minute. So as the plane landed, it crushed one of the tires, and then the plane went to the right, and then the wing blew off jet fuel and flames everywhere. Then a road on its belly. So away we go with that. Plus later on is David Kubicki of Columbia Township to talk about marijuana and how there's a sense in some of the cities and townships that's the bait and switch tactics going on in Columbus. We'll see what happens with that, but until then, brad Winstrip, Doctor brad Winstrip twenty five years as a soldier and about twelve years in the Congress, and he was appointed by President Trump to the Advisory Council on Intelligence things of that character. And brad Winstrip, welcome again to the Bill Cunningham Show. And first of all, before we talk about the Avian flu and the plane crash and Iran and Ukraine and talk about all matters about Israel, et cetera, tell us first of all, what is brad Winstrip doing these days?
Speaker 3: If anything, Well, I'm working on doing some consulting and business development type programs. And most of the outreach to me has come directly from people that are interested in national security and the supply chain and energy. And so we'll see where we might be able to take the experiences of twelve years in Congress and military background to try and build a healthier, safer nation.
Speaker 1: Let's talk about the avian flu because many of us, in the back of my mind, COVID is somewhat fresh. All hell broke loose in March of twenty twenty before that it was out there h one, the so called COVID, and obviously I think we've done this before, originated in the lab as a leak by mistake, and the Lab of virology there in Muhan. We believe that's what happened, but no one wanted to say that because it would pin the tail on the Chinese donkey, and you can't do that. As we sit here this Tuesday afternoon, how much of a concern do you have, and you were the guy in charge in the Congress of the COVID subcommittee, how much of a concern do you have now that we're going to have a similar result with this particular avian flu.
Speaker 3: No. I think we learned a lot of lessons from COVID, and that's to take things lightly or think that it'll just be under control. And so the avian flu is, you know, something we need to be very much concerned about.
Speaker 2: So you have a virus that's affecting.
Speaker 3: Poultry, and that's why we've had to kill so many because we don't want it spreading more and more, and so that creates a shortage, and you know it affects us economically and at the grocery store. So what can happen and what has seemed to be happening. You take the case in Louisiana where there was a death related to the avian flu. But the avian flu that was in the person who became ill and passed away was a mutation of what we're finding in the animals. And in this case, you're looking at the viruses that are in the animals on that particular farm where the person became ill, and it appears that the mutation occurred within the human being because none of the animals had this same sequence as a human being.
Speaker 2: Viruses are very crafty.
Speaker 3: They will mutate, as most of America that after COVID, but they will mutate, and they're always trying to survive and they need to get into your cells to survive.
Speaker 2: And when they do, they cause damage.
Speaker 3: So this human avian flu is different from what's in cows and poultry, but seemingly through mutation that occurred within the human being, not before going to the human being. So you know, again, some things that may kill a cow or a chicken won't necessarily kill a human, but if it mutates, it can find that capability, which was the thing with COVID. When you looked at the coronavirus that became COVID, it had something on it called if're and cleavage site, which made it more infectious to humans. And we had never seen in nature and still have not in nature a coronavirus of that type with a fear and cleavage site.
Speaker 2: But we do know that in the lab they were.
Speaker 3: Adding for your and cleavage sites to certain coronaviruses and modifying, so you know, this seems to be something in nature, but it really stresses the importance of the things that we do as far as surveillance. You know, I went to Cambodian laos and this is this is a place where I think USAID has a good role because we're using our soft power to try and help a nation be healthier. And the USAID as they're working with their scientists, training more of their scientists so that they know how to do surveillance.
Speaker 2: And we went to the wet markets, the.
Speaker 3: Animal markets where they're you know, swabbing the birds that are in there. To check them from the types of viruses that there are.
Speaker 2: So you record all of these.
Speaker 3: Things, and what the potential for the future is that you see these and you understand the components of a virus. I believe that AI can be the way to predict what might occur in nature, rather than actually making a more dangerous pathogen in the lab, which was gain of function research.
Speaker 1: And so when you talk about the coronavirus unique in nature because of certain receptors, isn't it probable, if not certain, that COVID nineteen was concocted in a lab in Wuhan that the American taxpayer partially paid for.
Speaker 2: We paid for that kind of research. Is that true?
Speaker 3: Yeah? I mean it's all in our report, and people can go online and look at the Majority Report on the Select Subcommittee on the coronavirus Pandemic and.
Speaker 2: You'll get every bit of it.
Speaker 3: You'll get all our transcribed interviews, and we have it very orderly and broken down into sections, and people can see the forensics that would lead one to believe that this came from a lab. And yes, we were funding this, and you know, now you're getting into what we see within our agencies and the processes that are very, very foul from what they should be. And again, this we need to do, and we are doing a certain type of doze on NIH and the agencies and the grant process and oversight and all of these types of things of what we're putting taxpayer dollars into.
Speaker 2: You know, keep in mind that.
Speaker 3: The particular study that was done in Wuhan, China using gain of function research that we just described was denied by DARPA. DARPA is the Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency. They said no, no, no, that's too dangerous and we're not going to do that. We're especially not going to do it over there. And yet go over to NIH and you get the grant. So our our government's too big, it's not organized, and it's it's not as precise as it should be, and we've we've got to make those changes.
Speaker 2: But we want to point out to go ahead.
Speaker 1: Yeah, with what the rate of confidence do you say that the H five and one, which is described today as the most recent bird virus is not man made.
Speaker 3: I believe it's not man made. I believe it's it's it's natural. But I also think between COVID and things like this, episodes like this, it does stress the importance of surveillance for viruses to find out what is out there and what could possibly be changed. And we certainly have to know what's going on in laboratories too, don't get me wrong, but in this particular case, I think it's it's something that's been a concern for some time, and not not any reports that I know of of this type of work going on in a lab, except for the possibility of creating vaccines. You know, you take a virus and that and from that virus is what drives you towards making a vaccine against that virus. But with gain and function research, what they were trying to do is create a virus before it actually existed and then create the vaccine in case it ever existed. But if it gets out of the lab, it's dangerous. So this is this is natural, but you know, there's things we're doing and we need to do more of in my opinion, which is like wastewater when a plane comes in from another country, especially one where there's high suspicion of a pathogen, then you can check the wastewater from the plane and see what kind of viruses are present there. These are the types of things that can be our sonar, if you will, our radar to get us ahead of the curve, and we can put out warnings. When I was in Cambodian Laos, an eleven year old girl died of av and flu. She lived in the rural areas, and therefore it was able to be contained right then and there. And those are the types of processes that didn't always exist before, and so this has to.
Speaker 2: Happen more and more.
Speaker 3: And I think the world after COVID is especially more aware of the potential dangers and why it's good to niftyse things in the butt.
Speaker 1: As we sit here Tuesday afternoon, there's many issues. The weather's an issue, job creation is an issue, taxes, doge Elon musk Trump, Iran emmin An attack allegedly Benjamin Netchnaw who has received sixteen hundred two thousand pound bombs. And that's not for anything relative to Gaza. We got all hell break and loose. People are concerned, schools are closed quite often, can't get the snow off the city streets. How much concern and worry should Tony Bender and his family have in Boone County that h five one is going to metastasize like COVID nineteen did.
Speaker 3: I think at this particular point, unless there's some uncontrolled outbreak somewhere, I feel like we're on top of it. Unfortunately, you know, someone in Louisiana died, and again this goes more towards surveillance and a quick reaction for us. And then not only that, but to have treatments available. You know, we have to be able to work on anti virals and antibodies that can fight against a sudden outbreak of a new vaccine or of a new virus that presents, especially if it's a mutation of something that's already out there, you have a little bit of a heads up because you've got the base virus that then mutates. So it takes effort, but I think you know, you can rest comfortably. I think that you know we're taking the actions necessary when you see the destruction of you know, animals in an effort to present disease, and you know, in this case with eggs, for example, there's a shortage and we got to suffer a little bit in the name of prevention.
Speaker 1: So this isn't something keeping you up at night. Tell the American people if you can. What is the Presidential Intelligence Advisory Board. You're on there with twelve others wanted by President Trump. What is the Presidential Intelligence Advisory Board.
Speaker 2: Well, you know, we are.
Speaker 3: There to advise the president and discuss capabilities that exist in this world that are threats to the United States and advise the president on those. And you have people on there that have experience in this realm. And I'm looking forward to working on it and carrying out the President's agenda to have intelligence community that can be seen in a light of high integrity and character and that we're doing things right, and that it's not its own little country, that it belongs to the people. The intelligence community belongs to the people. And then we will carry out and be able to make sure that the President gets the best advice on intelligence from around the world.
Speaker 1: Lastly, how much when you were on the Intelligence Committee and you were head of the subcommittee on COVID things of that character, you were given the most sensitive information of the world. And I'm looking at reports out of Israel that Benjamin Netchin Yahoo now has possession of eighteen hundred two thousand pounds bunker buster bombs. He's been given a green light to go after Iran Iran itself. This is not about the Iranian people, the Persian people. This is about the government they have. The religious leaders in Iran think the way to heaven is to kill innocent men, women and children. When it comes to exchanging prisoners, we have something like twenty five or thirty innocent people being traded for hundreds or thousands of murderers, those convicted of killing and taking back in charge of Gaza Hamas as a non factor. Well, when you were in the house and you had so many intelligent studies, was there belief that somehow the intelligence that we had about the October attack so many other things, the intelligence community has failed repeatedly to keep American safe and advice as far as what we know, do you have concern about the danger of the world in which we live? And whenever something happens that dooge raises his ugly head and the media blames Donald Trump for the plane crash in Toronto, They blamed Donald Trump for the Metavac plane that went down. They blamed Donald Trump for everything. So in the Intelligence Committee, as an American, how pleased are you now that Trump is in charge instead of Joe Biden.
Speaker 3: Well, I think that what we're going to see is we're going to take the politics out of it. You know, Donald Trump, President Trump is for America America first, and some people don't like that. I always say America first, but not alone. We you know, we live in a very small world these days when it comes to gathering intelligence, you know, you want to be able to make your best decisions. And I think with this president, for example, he's sort of in the Reagan realm of peace through strengths and what can we have in place to be a deterrent?
Speaker 2: So the components that you use.
Speaker 3: To be a deterrent are strong one strong military. You can use diplomacy, you know, as best you feel necessary, with your State Department and with the President and leaders themselves. But intelligence, having the intelligence of what you're up against to understand what the battleground looks like out there gives you gives you great authority, especially when you are carrying out diplomacy. And then the other tools that we have that are non kinetic would be like sanctions. And if you look at what the Trump administration before did with Iran, really held them at bay, it weakened them. You know, we didn't want to go in and kill the Iranian people because most of them don't particularly care for their leadership, but they are on the thumb of that leadership. You know, tro sanctions and other means, we really brought them to your knees. And you know Obama administration, going back to the abomdministration, they were worried about Iran getting a nuke. Well today they don't have one. So maybe we've been doing some things right without having to use a military action, either ours or Israels. So the idea of having good intelligence and you know, if you can do what you can to slow production, reduce dollars that can go towards developing a nuclear weapon, those types of things, you take the intelligence that you have and all the tools that you have to try and make a difference and bring about peace and not conflict.
Speaker 1: Wonderful Congressman, the next Congressman and Soldier brad Winstrip, thanks for coming on. I know it's a big deal to be on the Presidential Intelligence Advisory Committee, but H five N one is out there. The price of eggs is tripled because you killed thirty or forty million chickens, and that's the way to handle the outbreak. All of a sudden, prices are going to go up for bacon and sausage, all that kind of stuff. But we'll see what happens down the road. Once again, Brad Winsterm, thank you for your service and thank you for coming on the Bill Cunningham Show. And Brad, you're a great American. Thank you very much.
Speaker 3: It's a pleasure.
Speaker 2: Thanks Bill.
Speaker 1: Well, let's continue with more coming up after the news is going to be We've scheduled Jay Ratliffe new information about the delta plane that crashed yesterday afternoon about three o'clock. Also, later on, we've scheduled David Kubicki, township trustee in Columbia. Many of the township trustees and municipal governments are extremely unhappy with Mike DeWine what they want to do with marijuana, to kill the Golden Goose and more. Plus we've scheduled Frank LeRose at some point today. So let's continue. Weather is terrible, but things are great at your home of the Red's News Radio seven hundred Wuldow.
Speaker 2: Billy Cunningham.
Speaker 1: Yesterday afternoon that Delta plane crashed in Toronto. The video is available on filming websites is frightening, it's scary, and man, with all the answers, at least most of the questions is my aviation consulting the great Jay Ratliffe and Jay Ratliffe, welcome again to the Bill Cunningham Show. And what do we know as we sit here about twenty minutes before one o'clock on Tuesday afternoon about why this thing happened and it was a miracle, no one was killed. We're looking at the fireball, But what do we know at this point if anything, Jay Ratliffe, Well, one of the things that.
Speaker 4: It's rare is for us to have an aircraft that is on its top during an emergency situation and not be talking about fatality. So you were right, quite the miracle there for that. But one of the things that is probably the most apparent now as we've received one of the latest videos of the landing was how apparently as the aircraft was coming in the CRG nine hundred, the bombardier's mean landing gear on the right side especially seemed to collapse or the gear itself was off to the side of the run. That caused the aircraft to tilt quite a bit and as a result, the right wing struck something that ended up causing it to be taken off. The aircraft turned, the other wing went up, caught the wind and then it flipped and we go from there. So the National Transportation Safety Board is not leading the charge here because it is a Canadian accident. They will be assisting the Canadian authorities, as will Bombardier, the aircraft manufacture. All three will get together, the black boxes will be reviewed. They'll be looking at every bit of evidence and to determine exactly what the cause or causes were that brought this accident around. We do know that the first responders did a great job getting to the aircraft, the flight crew, and you know, twenty year plus, Bill, I've been talking about bragging on flight attendants as emergency evacuation specialists. That's exactly what they were here. And remember this aircraft's and burted. It's on top. So what you have is flight attendants that are trained normally to once given the order the aircraft doors open, Well, they had to first disengage those emergency slides, which they did because of those would have gotten in the way, impeding any sort of a fast evacuation. And for those that were kind enough to take video. As they were getting off of the airplane, we could hear the flight attendants constantly telling passengers leave their belongings behind. Some still chose to slow down the evacuation by bringing stuff. But probably the best story of all of this bill was the reports from people on board that said that instead of at the time that the aircraft came to stop, everybody kind of doing a man for themselves. Everybody was concerned about others. They were assisting their fellow passengers and getting off the aircraft, and you know, that was really good to see in a crisis such as that.
Speaker 1: What's amazing is that these passengers were like bats in a cave, hanging upside down, I would think, completely disoriented, and as the plane is landing, it's completely normal. Well, within about three seconds it goes from hey, life is good, we're on the ground, to life and death, and that's amazing. I watched an F eighteen fighter pilot this morning on CNN talk about it looked to him like the rate of descent was wrong. He said, we descend about eight hundred feet a minute. This was descending fifteen hundred feet a minute, and so his point was the plane was landing at a sharp angle, which collapsed the right landing gear that cause the plane to larch right. Then the wing was taken off jet fuel everywhere. Does that make sense to you that the level of descent was a little too sharp.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I had him at about eleven hundred feet a minute, right close to five hundred feet on their descent rate. And of course, one of the things that when you're dealing with a crosswind is this crew was supposed to have thirty to forty miles an hour. One of the things you do is you increase the speed of your descent to offset what's going to be happening. When you have that, you get into trouble if you come in too slow. Now, as far as the angle of attack, as far as them coming down, that is still going to be left to be determined from the investigators. But it does look like they landed hard, and again it may be something where its crew related where they came in too hard, landed and it collapsed that landing gear that led to the sequence of events that took place. They might have had a mechanical situation with the main gear itself, with the undercarriage there that caused the problem. You could have had something where weather contributed that caused the airplane to drop at that last moment, critical moment of flight. You could have had a pilot that had a medical episode at that last moment that could have contributed to that. So there's a lot of different factors that are at play right now. And one of the nice things is that, a you've got the crew to interview, Thank god that no lives were lost here, and you also have the black boxes as far as the cockpit voice recorders, like data recorder, the air itself, and the investigators are going to be able to determine over the course of the next six seven, eight months exactly what happened, and then we will go from there. But you know, those seats we complain about all the time on airplanes, but G they're too small and G they're so uncomfortable. They're also built to a stand sixteen g's of force, and that's nice to have when you've got an aircraft that went through what this airplane went through, that everything stayed was supposed to and the fuselage of the aircraft did what it was built to do, stay together and protecting the lives of the passengers inside. So you know, you can see an accident like this and when I look at it, Willie, I'm thinking, you know, thank God we've got the safety standards we do have here in the United States and in Canada as far as our aircraft, because that's what kept everybody safe here. There are other countries that have airplanes that aren't as well maintained or have issues that we will not allow to fly into the United States any gateway airport because their standards aren't where we want them to be. So, you know, the FAA, although I give them a hard time on a lot of different things, they do a very good job of making sure that those standards are met. And that's one of the reasons that we have in the past enjoyed the safest era ever of commercial jet travel. Of course, we went nearly sixteen years between the Colgan Air crash February of two thousand and nine to the tragedy that took place in Washington, d C. So we've had three accidents in the last four weeks and doesn't mean that it's not safe to fly. You're talking about three totally different accidents with the helicopter at the wrong altitude, in DC. We don't know yet what caused the crash in Alaska, and then this one, which could be weather and or mechanical or pilot or whatever. Ara, It's three totally different scenarios that we're dealing with there, Jay right Leff.
Speaker 1: I watched also this morning and there was a cultural comment made that this was not a Delta jet, it was a Delta subsidiar. And the person said that if you're a flight attendant or you're a pilot, you kind of want to go to those subsidiaries before you get to the main show. It's like being in the minor leagues. You're in Louisville and you're in Date and you're not You're not at the Great American Ballpark yet. And I thought, you know, I've been on those planes. I would assume you've been on those planes. I never had a sense of a lot of safety culturally. Would it be better to go on a the commentator said, a real Delta jet and not a subsidiary.
Speaker 2: I would.
Speaker 4: I would not give much attention to someone that makes those kind of comments. Now, I will quickly agree that the flight attendants on a regional jet may not have the years of experience that you might have on a Delta United American totally would would subscribe to that. I would also say that the pilots, many times on the regional jets have fewer flight hours than what we might see with regards to those same airlines. But bill to suggest that they are not as well trained, well prepared, and would do just a good a job as the others is an insult to the training they go through. They don't go through, Oh you're a regional jet, here's your training, and you work for America in Delta. Oh here's your training. Now it's aircraft specific, yes, but they go through some incredibly difficult training that teaches them how to evacuate any aircraft in ninety seconds or less in the dark with half the exits blocked. And that's why when I see these people snapping their fingers to get their next drink, I want to smack them up the side the head with their iPad because they're not there to bring us drinks. Yes they do. They're there to save our butts in an emergency situation, as these individuals did. So I don't jump onto a regional jet thinking, oh my gosh, you know we've got a lower level of training. Absolutely not. Those men and women know what they're doing. And anybody that I was doing a point counterpoint on in an interview would know very quickly. On Fox or anything else I do that I would not agree at all with the kind of assessment.
Speaker 1: Now, lastly, politics has raised it's ugly head. I see certain congressmen and senators like Adam Schiff talks about the danger of getting on a plane because Donald Trump's in the White House and he's got these FAA cuts all over the place. I think four hundred or six hundred were cut. They were probationary employees, by the way, and they made.
Speaker 2: The controllers correct, right, and give me your perspective. You're the expert, do you think.
Speaker 1: And the other issue being raised to that Doze and Elon Musk is saying that we're we have a World War two system. We have to update our FAA, the air traffic controller, we got to update everything.
Speaker 2: But is the system we have in plays now? It can't be that bad.
Speaker 1: Until recently we had the three incidents, one in Alaska, Potomac and now this one that's pretty good. I don't know how many flights there are days, got to be one hundreds of thousands of flights every day. And do you buy the political argument that Trump has caused this?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 4: Absolutely not. And I mean if what in it. I'm looking at my watch in this twenty seven days of being in office. That's amazing what he can be accused of of being responsible for. But look, I'm a big support of Donald Trump, but when he came out after the DC crash saying this is a result of DEI in the air traffic control system, I thought that comment was way out of bounds and I thought it never should have been said, because there's a lot of things that contribute to these accidents, as we just discussed, and the idea of laying it at the feed of DEI is something that just to me just doesn't sit well. I will also say, though, that the President Will has made it clear that he wants to make the FAA a priority and bringing in the SpaceX tech individuals to I can't say upgrade the system because Bill, that would be an insult to the word upgrade. That system is so old, like you said, some based on World War two technology. It's incredibly outdated. And the idea that these men and women who are working short staffed as the air traffic controllers are using such antiquated equipment and still pulling it off and making it all work. A worked against us because all the politicians said, well, why do we need to give them money if everything's working as it should. But it's also burning him out. We're seeing a lot of them leave. We hire somebody, it takes him a number of years so that we can get them working on their own. And I'm glad that the FA is going to be given a priority. We need it from the technology standpoint, and maybe they can pull out a Manhattan project and get it knocked out in three years and get it where it needs to be. Because I've heard presidents in different people for decades addressing this bill. None of them have done anything about it. Nothing. So President Trump is probably going to make things considerably safer than where they have ever been. And I love that, and the idea of President Trump being responsible for anything. I'll quickly add he's coming in after four years of Joe Biden, who didn't do much to upgrade the facility. But Bill, I'll tell you this, I'm not a Joe Biden van at all, but I did appreciate the last two years the Biden administration holding the airlines accountable from a service standpoint, Unlike any other administration I've ever seen. They were holding them accountable, they were making sure that they did certain things. Recently, they were pushing the dot for a full transparency where we would see all the fees presented on the online booking apps up front. Airlines fought it well. A court order last week sided on the side of the airlines, surprisingly and they're not going to have to do that, and far too many things airlines get their way. They did in the last two years, and we had Boeing United in Delta Connect contributing a million dollars to the Trump inaugural fund, and I think that they see and the stock prices went up right after you got elected, all because people are under the impression, rightfully so that they're going to be given a free pass and a lot of the customer service issues and it's going to be a return to what we used to have, which is really sad to see. I wish the president would adopt that same mentality as the administration and going after these airlines and holding him accountable.
Speaker 1: You're the golden standard when it comes to this stuff, and it couldn't agree with everything you said. More, this is still the golden era. What happened in Alaska Potoma, and this appears to be maybe pilot era. I don't know about Alaska at this point. It could be, but this is still the golden era. But to say a regional jet line is kind of like the minor leagues you haven't got to the prime time yet, is wrong. Jay Ratliff, you're the best there is of this stuff. And once again, thank you for coming on the Bill Cunningham Show and setting the record straight.
Speaker 4: Jay, thank you anytime, my friend, Thank you.
Speaker 2: God bless you.
Speaker 1: I let's continue with more. There, you got it, and we'll see what happens. The rated dissent was where it was, according to Jay Ratlift because of the crosswinds, so this will all be determined. But a blown tire wing hitting the runway, jet fuel everywhere, all of a sudden, the passengers are upside down like bats hanging in a cave and everyone gets out with their life intact. Not bad, all right, Let's continue with more coming up next to Frank LeRose. Also util later on David Kubicki from Columbia Township about marijuana and more at Showman the Reds News Radio seven hundred WW by Billy Cunningham, the Great American. Of course, Frank LeRose, the second cousin of Fluddy LaRosa, is the Ohio.
Speaker 2: Secretary of State.
Speaker 1: Big announcement on Monday focal with Sabek Ramaswami going to join you and I sometime early next week. But in the meantime, once again, Frank LaRose, Secretary of State, Welcome to the Bill Cunningham Show. And before we go much further, I'm watching one of the cable channels this morning, and New York City wants to very badly allow US citizens to actually vote, non US citizens to vote in US elections, and that because taxes are being paid, et cetera. And so we're in California. The same thing occurred there. Many cities allow non citizens to vote, supposedly, not on federal elections, citizen state elections. And uh, this is a recipe for total disaster, the taking you over the ballot box by electraing radicals. So what is the latest New York City about their desires to have non citizens voting in US elections.
Speaker 5: This is madness. And by the way, they tried this in Ohio in a little place called the Village of Yellow Springs, where the communists that run the place thought that they could pass a village resolution authorizing non citizens to vote. Of course I had to step in and remind them that that's illegal. And here's the other thing. If you talk to a group of recent citizens, those that have earned their citizenship, raised their right hand, pass the test, stood in line, they would tell you, don't you dare cheapen the thing that I worked so hard to earn. New American immigrants, new American citizens would tell you that citizenship has value, it has status, it means something. For the city of New York, foolishly to try to allow non citizens to vote is just the high the liberal insanity. I think that common sense will prevail. And here's the other thing. Just the administration of an election like that is going to cause problems. You have to have two separate voter registration systems, two separate sets of voting machines. Right, because non citizens can only vote in local elections. They can't vote in federal elections they're prohibited from that. And in state wide elections in New York they can't vote. So it's just a bad idea, just another in the list of bad liberal ideas related to voting.
Speaker 1: You know, this morning, the five deputy mayors in New York City all resigned in this grace. Allegedly Cuomo is going to become the next mayor. Huckel, she's a real clown. She's the governor of the state of New York. She has the power to remove Mayor Adams, to take him out of the thing completely. It's not as if New York City is so well run or I don't know about Yellow Springs. I think I was there one time, playing basketball at a college there. But nonetheless, these are far left wing groups of people that already have every politician they want on the left side to be in power. No one in Yellow Springs is a constitutional Republican. I would imagine that little city voted eighty percent for Kamala Harris. In New York City, you can't find a Republican with a search warrant. So it's like a solution in search of a problem. It's not as if it's not run the way they want to run those cities anyway, and so they're looking for excuses to give I guess immigrants illegal immigrants. There's a big difference in my book between legal and illegal. The media doesn't make that distinction, but there's a big difference between the two. Legal immigrants can vote, they go through the process. I've sworn some in at some point down at the US Courthouse, United States District Court. It was wonderful to watch the faces of proud Americans for the first time register to vote, and the way you go, and so, Ohio, how much difficulty did you have with Yellow Springs? Did you did they actually believe that illegals could vote? What county, by the way, as Yellow Springs is that Clark County?
Speaker 5: It's Green County. And so the Green County Board of Elections. Yeah, the Green County Board of Elections called me up. This is in twenty twenty two, I believe. Green County Board of Elections called me up and said, Hey, what do we do. We've got one of our villages claiming that they're going to allow non citizens to vote. And I kind of did the all right, hold my beer, I got this. We sent a letter to the village council there and reminded them that if they are helping non citizens vote, they may actually be helping them commit a felony which makes them subject to immediate deportation. And they relented, They backed down and decided not to do this. But this is why we went to the ballot and changed the Ohio constitution, because I had a couple of lawyers whisper in my ear that you know, if the village of Yellow Springs had actually fought this and taken me to court, they might have won because it was not clear in our state constitution. Well, we fixed that a couple of years ago, and by the over seventy percent of Ohioan's voted yes to the very simple question should American elections in Ohio only be open to American citizens? It is now part of our state constitution.
Speaker 1: Well, I wonder about the other thirty percent, Right, thirty percent said.
Speaker 2: Let's let non citizens vote? What about that one?
Speaker 5: It defies common says. And here's the other problem with cities like New York. I mean, what a great American city, in many cases an international show place. When people want to visit the United States, one of the first things they want to do is go to New York City see the Statue of Liberty. And the problem is that city has been so poorly run for so long, it's given people a really bad impression of our country. I love New York City, the problem is it's a disaster right now. Don't even mention Chicago. Frank Sinatra called Chicago my kind of town. If you go there now, you don't want to walk the streets.
Speaker 1: How about Washington, DC? That should be the jewel that shines throughout the world. Ones may I use the term foreigners come here? They when look at the capital of the United States of America. Eighty percent of the city of Washington, d C. Is uninhabitable and you can't go there.
Speaker 5: One of my great joys is going for a run in Washington, d C. I love bringing my running shoes and so a couple months ago I was there in the summer. My wife said, well, what's it like. I said, imagine if a city was run by a bunch of fourteen year old boys. And I can say this having been won once.
Speaker 6: It is complete chaos.
Speaker 5: You can sleep where you want, you can take a leak where you want. I mean, there's tenths pitched everywhere, trash blowing around. It's really a nightmare. And by the way, I think that I think that Congress is going to exercise its authority to rain some of that in. Think about this. This is the place where all of the embassies are for all of our allies around the world. We can't allow DC to continue to be trashed by liberal nuffleheads.
Speaker 1: Let's talk about next week. You're going to run for State Auditor and Viveke Ramaswami. There's a couple candidates up. One is David Yost, who is serving with you one of the five constitutional offices. He's the Attorney General. He said he's going to run, and of course vivike Rama Swami he's going to announce on Monday that he's going to run. Why have you thrown your support behind Viveke Ramaswami and not David Yost.
Speaker 5: I tell you what. For me, it comes down to vision and the courage to actually execute that vision. Listen, when I was in the army, I remember there being leaders that you followed because you had to because they have more rank on their shoulder than you do. And then those leaders that you want to follow, those leaders that inspire you to be a better version of yourself. I see that same thing that we call a command presence, that leadership in Vivek Ramaswami. Not only does he have a really bold vision to make Ohio the most prosperous state in the nation, but he's got the courage to actually carry out. And this is what I see in President Trump as well. How many presidents over the years have talked about getting rid of the Department of Education or putting the US embassy in Jerusalem where it belongs. Well, you know what, Trump has actually been getting these kind of things done. But veg Ramaswami is the same kind of leader. And that's why if he runs for governor, I believe he will. I'm going to be behind them one hundred percent.
Speaker 1: And the issue of Department of Education, I read this morning that in most urban districts, a total of fifteen percent of the money that they spend, like in Cincinni Public Schools or Columbus or Toledo or Dayton, fifteen percent come from the FEDS, and that money is largely misspent. The other eighty five percent is bureaucratic expenses. There's something like ninety two thousand people that work in the Department of Education. Large buildings all over Washington Outpost and the various states and imagine those moneys being used instead of to hire people and benefits and buildings being hired to guarantee by the fourth grade, every kid in America can read. You have to learn how to read, to read to learn. If you don't learn how to read, learning the other academic disciplines or functioning in life is going to be almost impossible. And every year that goes by it gets worse and worse and worse. And the solution is to spend more money. Obviously than the one hundred and ten i'm sorry, one hundred and forty billion dollars we spend in the Department of Education is not enough. And the teachers' unions and others say, we've got to spend more money. We don't have to spend more money. I think we have great question.
Speaker 5: Yeah, go ahead, absolutely, I always that's the question.
Speaker 7: What's the mission?
Speaker 5: And the mission should be to prepare young Americans for careers and citizenship. That should be what the Department of Education does. Unfortunately, it's an abject failure at those things. The only thing it's good at is employing tens of thousands of adults and pushing a radical liberal agenda, which in many cases is anti American, and so I think that you know, if the there's federal support that needs to come to schools, just block granted to the schools and let those localities spend that those dollars. Wisely, this massive bureaucracy needs to go because it doesn't accomplish its mission.
Speaker 1: And CPS, I'm familiar with Cincinnati Public schools, like eighty percent of the kids are not performing at the eighth grade level by the time they get there in spelling, or in civic studies or English whatever it might be, or mathematics. It doesn't work. And instead of saying, okay, we have to stop this madness. You can't be fourteen years old and you can't read. We got to stop this, but they instead of doing that, they pass on to the freshman year, the sophomore year. No one fails in anything, and there's no objective evidence that any of the money being spent is actually well spent. In fact, we spend in Cincinnati about twenty thousand dollars per kid per year, and about thirty percent don't show up for class in any particular day. A shocking statistic which is disgusting, is that seventy one percent of black boys are chronically absent from school out in the world. Can you have a school system and with kids aren't in school?
Speaker 5: Well, and let's talk about this bluntly as what it is. It's perpetuating generational poverty and low expectations. This is why I think one of the great civil rights issues of our era is school choice. No child should be stuck, No parents should be stuck sending their child to a bad school simply because of what zip code you live in. And if we don't fix this issue, what we're doing is just perpetuating problems that are going to show up when these young men and women are in their teenage and twenties.
Speaker 1: And we see it constantly, and there's no resolution or idea. Okay, we're on the wrong track. We've had like four superintendents in the past five years. School board members are quitting, the teachers are fed up to hear with the bureaucracy out of Clifton where the headquarters are. Parents are not sending their kids to school, and it's okay, well, let's arrange these chairs on the Titanic depending a different result. And it begins Frank, and you're a parent, you told me off the area you just spent days and days in a volleyball tournament with a thirteen year old daughter. I think in Kansas or in Missouri out west, you cared enough in your family to transport kids there to house, clothe and feed them get them back. I would imagine by the time your kids are in the first grade, I would imagine they already know how to read or identify pictures and photos.
Speaker 2: They're literate.
Speaker 1: And so at some point, maybe we can stop the charade and say we're going to begin with the first grade in urban public schools, and we want the parents to be directly involved in the education of their children. They will support what the teachers do in school. Number one, they'll show up for school every day, the homework will be done, and if not, there's going to be consequences.
Speaker 2: Does that make sense? It makes sense.
Speaker 5: And it's about high expectations. As parents. Lauren and I have high expectations for our kids, and our kids are like any kids. They want to screw around after school that are doing their homework right, But we love them enough to take the dog on iPads and cell phones away, or turn off the TV and make them do their homework. And so there's some parental responsibility here as well.
Speaker 2: No question about it.
Speaker 8: All.
Speaker 2: We got to run.
Speaker 1: But insanity's doing the same things anticipating different results.
Speaker 2: And whether it's doze.
Speaker 1: I watch on all the shows what's happening, and the criticisms of the liberal Democrats against Donald Trump and against Elon Musk. I see the sign you can't spell Felon without Elon. If I see that sign again, that's ridiculous. And those who have been in charge created a system of complete abuse and neglect of the American taxpayer.
Speaker 2: And how about this one lastly?
Speaker 1: GAO three years ago during the Biden regime said that every year the federal government spends between two hundred and fifty to five hundred and fifty billion dollars every year as a result of waste, fraud, and abuse. Take that number over four years. That means that in the four years Biden was in office, one to two trillion.
Speaker 2: Dollars was fritted away.
Speaker 1: I have a list here of those over the age of one hundred getting Social Security checks. There's some Americans that are one hundred and fifty years old getting Social Security checks. I don't think that's accurate. I don't think anyone's one hundred and fifty years old. But the system needs complete reform and you can't keep doing the shafting anticipating a different result. Lastly, should Doge come to Ohio, I'm gonna ask a bank a question, explain that to me.
Speaker 2: Doze in Ohio.
Speaker 5: Absolutely so the swamp doesn't want to be drained. And that's what you see in Washington, DC right now, where all these bureaucrats are, you know, out on the streets protesting what government, what Elon Musk and President Trump are doing to actually bring government efficiency. We need to bring that same mentality to Ohio. By the way, this is why I'm running for Auditor of State. Auditor does two things. Catches crooks that are stealing money and put them in jail. Ho rah.
Speaker 2: That's great.
Speaker 5: But the other part about it is making government work more efficiently. The auditor has the power to do what's called a performance audit, meaning come in, open the hood and figure out if it's not running on all cylinders. I plan to use this office as o DOJE Ohio Department of Government Efficiency. And by the way, with a courageous leader like vivike Ramaswami in the Governor's office, we'll be able to actually reform state government to make it work better for the people.
Speaker 1: Are you going to get sideways with David Yost if you endorse his opponent? What about that one, Frank LeRose, Well.
Speaker 3: I tell you what.
Speaker 5: That's the tough nature of this business. Sometimes I like Dave, I wish him well, but you have to choose who's the best choice for Ohio. This is not about who I like the best or the most personal relationships. I like both of these guys, but this is about what's best for Ohio, the state that my children are going to grow up in, and for me, theaveke Ramaswami is the obvious choice.
Speaker 1: It's going to happen Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday of next week. And then once again, Frank Rose three four seven one one one, thanks for coming on the Bill Cunningham Show. I think we have a pretty good auditor right now with you on, with you on top for the next four years, it's going to be even better. I always take a veg, take the best and make it better. Same way with the Auditor's office. And once again, Frank Lrose, thanks for coming on The Bill Cunningham Show.
Speaker 2: And Frank, you're a Great American.
Speaker 5: Thank you, Thank you, sir, Keith Favors, done a great job. I can work to take it to the next level. God bless you, see you soon.
Speaker 1: Thank you Keith Favors, the current auditor. All right, thank you, Frank. Let's continue with more news coming up. And by the way, it would be interesting if Doze would come to eight oh one Plump Street, or Doze would come to Cincinnati public schools.
Speaker 2: How much money is being wasted there? Wouldn't that be interesting?
Speaker 1: The doge concept needs to come to everywhere in government to wash out the waste, fraud and abuse and programs that don't work. Let's continue with more Bill cunning in The Great American Live that show them the Red Lakes back at at Big Time and good Year and more. I show them the Red's News Radio seven hundred.
Speaker 8: You have to ashur Nason just is underway and the gloves are off.
Speaker 7: Hands.
Speaker 8: You could chuck at Brandon Hagel. Hagel skated away as he got back up, deploying the crowd get even more vocally involved, if that's possible. And this start, if you can call it that, have we even started reminiscent of the old days.
Speaker 7: Little chat that started.
Speaker 2: Hang on to Kuld Chuck. Yeah, drove right off the hallway.
Speaker 9: And I'm telling you, Sean, I'm standing down here, and I think there's zero chance that we see the puck hit the ice for more than one second before we're gonna see both Ka Chuck brothers sitting in the same penalty box.
Speaker 8: Well, Brady's out there, and Sam Bennett, who's been ruscollar lineup tonight he did not play against Sweden, is taking the face off. He's clearly in there to help match the United States. Physicality brings a lot of grid, a lot of sandpaper.
Speaker 7: This was set here, they comerad, you're right right before the first Kachuck fight. This was set up here. You go.
Speaker 8: Sand Bennett eight years a team made of Matthew Kachuck in both Calgary and the last three in Florida, fighting Matthew's brother Brady.
Speaker 9: When the first face off was about to hit the ice, Brady kid Chuck yelled across the Bennett and he said, ain't Benny after this, We're going And so the change was made. Bennett jumped on the ice and three seconds to fights and we thought it would be a wild night here in Montreal. We're off to this start well.
Speaker 8: Matthew Kachuck was asked after the game against Finland about the building of the US anthem.
Speaker 7: He said, I don't like it.
Speaker 8: Team USA said they use it as a motivator. Coaches and players on both sides said they hold it.
Speaker 7: Wouldn't happen to it. Did it? Tells in the tongue.
Speaker 8: Charlie mccaho, I put one on it. Now we're nine seconds in. We had a fight to seconds in, another one one second later. Now in the center of the accident's called Bary Coin JT.
Speaker 7: Miller.
Speaker 9: Barco's got a big size advantage. Miller's a tough dude. This is like nineteen ninety six when this building opened up with the World Cup.
Speaker 2: Hello quiet and I'm boat brought Kenny.
Speaker 1: That sounds like The Morning Show with you and kid Chris and Sarah. Is any of that going on in the morning?
Speaker 6: Uh?
Speaker 10: No, Willie, we don't. There's no fight there. They don't have three fights at nine seconds. That was like the w a J. The Stingers and Birmingham Bulls uh and the Thanksgiving night massacre in Birmingham years ago.
Speaker 2: In the w a J.
Speaker 1: Listen up second mare, We go just switch your hand over your heart stand up.
Speaker 2: You know they're blaming Trump for that crash in Toronto. Absolutely, he did that. Unbelievable, I mean what unbelievable? I mean what else? It's all It's all Trump. You know that kitted Lee got mayor Pete Buda. You know about hit an American where at least.
Speaker 1: Done Americans kicked their ass to those Canadians.
Speaker 2: Tomorrow night, Tomorrow night, USA and Canada.
Speaker 10: Will you on Thursday night for the UH for the Four Nations Championship and ought to be unbelievable, Andy Mack.
Speaker 2: And they play that one in Boston? Is that correct? I believe so. Yeah. I monitor those things.
Speaker 1: Sech Man, give me some sports and make it fast. You got one hundred green this weekend. Got Butler in town. The butler did it? Give me a full report?
Speaker 10: Will he The stood reporters a proud service of your local Tamestar Heating and air conditioning dealers. Tamestar quality you could feel in beautiful Milford, the home of one main gallery called Baker Heating at five three one five one three eight three one fifty one twenty four spots.
Speaker 2: And we want to thank you.
Speaker 10: Thank you Roxy, uh Lear's Prime market for their food today Willie Great Chili Today and uh Food full catering service de Luxe Delhi located in beautiful downtown Milford, the home of the Eagles and Learsprime dot Com. Lear's Prime always a cut.
Speaker 1: Above Eagle's one of my favorite rock bands, and the headquartered there in Milford. Don Henley, those kind of a jerk, please continue.
Speaker 10: Looks like Willie the Reds are the Bengals Rather Bengals update brought to you by Good Spirit's Winding Tobacco and Party Town with thirteen convenient Northern Kentucky locations. Looks like right around four o'clock today, the Bengals are gonna tag t Higgins for a second year in a row, and he will make twenty six million, twenty six point one seven million for twenty twenty five. And I guess they have time to make a deal deal and if no deal is reached, he will play for that twenty six million. They're not letting him go. Believe me.
Speaker 1: By the last two years, they've spent fifty million dollars on t Higgins without a long term, guaranteed contract extension. And after this, who knows They should have signed Jamar last year, signed T this year. Right, make everybody happy. Go get some offensive lineman, get some defensive lineman, Get some linebackers, maybe a cornerback or two, and maybe a field goal kicker. You know what I'm saying. We get money back. They issue some bad checks.
Speaker 10: Well, they did sign the punter today, Ryan Rico, to a two year contract extension. No, I don't know how much he got, but probably about fifty million. Red's Update. Workouts continue today in Goodyear, Arizona. The Cactas League opener Saturday against those Guardians all star Ace Hunter Green. We'll start for the Red Lake Saturday against the Cleveland Guardians, and then Graham Ashcraft we'll start for the Reds and that split squad spring opener against the Milwaukee.
Speaker 2: Brewers on Saturday. How about that.
Speaker 10: Let's see tonight Hot Stove League right here on seven hundred WLW. Tommy T and Jimmy D from Goodyear Arizona, their special guest catcher Tyler Stevenson and new outfielder Austin Don't call me, Hayes.
Speaker 1: What about tomorrow night's seg Man? You got Bearcots going to Morgantown, West Virginia.
Speaker 2: What about that one?
Speaker 10: Well, you got College basketball tonight, will eat a bump Bulldogs thad Mada in town to take on the Xavier Musketeers. Coverage begins at seven thirty after Sports Talk. Also Miami looking for that elusive twentieth win of the year at Eastern Michigan against the Hurons. Get the latest on Norris basketball tonight, NKU Coaches Show at six right after mo on ESPN fifteen thirty. FC Cincinnati made it official Evander is with the team. Now in on duras record cash for a player trade at the MLS at twelve million dollars from the Portland Timbers.
Speaker 1: If Evander gets Evander's team gets twelve million, what does Evander get?
Speaker 2: Probably a lot more. Really, I don't know. I don't know. I know, I don't know that one. How about this? Remember Frankie Montass, Yes I do.
Speaker 1: The Reds right handed pitcher is on a two year, guaranteed contract.
Speaker 10: Thirty four million with the Mets. He has suffered a high grade lat strain, likely to be shut down until at least May.
Speaker 2: What I guess Montas is hurt. Maybe it's maybe it's going.
Speaker 10: Maybe it's a maybe it's going over to the Mets now instead of the Reds being hurt all the time.
Speaker 1: Well, I don't want to hear hurt anymore, DL because right now Hunter Green needs to pitch about three innings.
Speaker 2: Get ready.
Speaker 1: Lodolo in the paper the other day said he's the best shape he's ever been in. Right, I don't know about Ashcraft. He maybe up, maybe down. Martinez is ready to go, and I just don't want to hear about it. I want Matt McClain to put on some bubble wrap and walk around with bubble wrap on him.
Speaker 2: Back to soccer.
Speaker 10: Will thee FC Cincinnati and FC Montagua tomorrow night in Honduras and the Conka Calf Championship Cup Series first round the action on Fox Sports thirteen sixty. Then FC Cincinnati comes home, a couple of days of work and they get ready for the MLS opener Saturday night against the New York Red Bulls with a temperature around thirty four degrees.
Speaker 2: I'm watching this morning ESPN.
Speaker 1: They're saying that Elie Dela Cruz could become the first billion dollar player billion.
Speaker 2: Dollars for Dela cruz sake.
Speaker 1: Scott Boras is putting that out there right now and Dela Cruz for a billion.
Speaker 10: Make your contributions when you get to the Reds Gate, when you get your tickets, go fundy page.
Speaker 1: Would they offer him one hundred million dollars now and buy out about three or four years before that to make sure he's here a year or two past the age of twenty nine.
Speaker 2: That might be smart.
Speaker 11: Wouldn't that be something that would you know, what if the Bengals can get Higgins, Higgins, Chase and Hendrickson under contract, the Reds can do that with Ellie de la Cruz and fans.
Speaker 2: Would be a static in this town.
Speaker 1: Dela Cruz could be the greatest player ever to play for the Reds. He's got all the five he's got six tools, he's got them all.
Speaker 2: He gets seven or innix.
Speaker 1: What's striking out more than one? He strikes out more than more than to strike out per game? Correct, He's got to quit doing that. I know when I played for Gordon Vetterterino, I won an entire season, didn't strike out at all.
Speaker 2: How about that? And so you have to do that.
Speaker 1: He's got to he's got to cut down on his swing size.
Speaker 2: He's got to get he's got.
Speaker 1: To be a little more strategic and when he's when he's up there at the plane.
Speaker 2: But how about a billion dollars?
Speaker 10: Also, Willy, we want to say congratulations to the local TV executive Ron Melanor aka Rufus. He just got done bowling a three hundred and an eight hundred series in his senior bowling league the other day. Really, Rufus has bowled a three hundred perfect game.
Speaker 1: I didn't think Rufus was athletic at all. Seg Man, I like you and pick a ball.
Speaker 2: Well, he's he's very good at bowling, Willie's.
Speaker 10: I think he's in the same league with former Channel five great loadsome George vogel.
Speaker 1: Ogo loves to bowl and play shuffle board. That's what he now. He's retired. He's in some hall of fame again.
Speaker 2: I saw that.
Speaker 10: Rufus, congrats on rolling a perfect game of three hundred and an eight hundred series in your senior league.
Speaker 1: Segment Get me out of the Studis report coming up in a few minutes. Here is David Kubicki, who's on the Columbia Township board of Trustees. They have two facilities selling marijuana in their community, doing twenty million dollars each in business at twenty million dollars each in business, and the actions of the governor may caused those businesses to have financial difficulties because the state wants to grab more of the money.
Speaker 2: Segment.
Speaker 1: You're not high on marijuana. You're high on life and Sarah elist is that correct?
Speaker 2: Life?
Speaker 10: WILLI and outer of a cold day here at the tri stay and you need ten star quality you could feel.
Speaker 2: We leave you with the abortal words of the student report.
Speaker 5: You're dealing with dumb people.
Speaker 2: Joe Dieters calls in. He said, you're dealing with dumb people. Who's he talking about?
Speaker 6: You or me?
Speaker 7: Use marijuana?
Speaker 5: Or in the media.
Speaker 1: Oh okay, Joe Dieter says, those in the media use marijuana.
Speaker 10: I guess somebody thinking, I don't know. Let's see who can we start naming.
Speaker 1: I could name a bunch of people most work and evn they're on drugs of one type or another.
Speaker 2: That's all I can tell you.
Speaker 1: Smoking the ganji, the funny weed. And see what happens with Segment A billion dollar player who t Higgins still with the Bengals. Of course, fifty million dollars for two years is not bad correct, correctly, not bad at all.
Speaker 10: Buzzy, what do he make what he made last year in the uh for the tag then he get.
Speaker 2: Like a he got like twenty one.
Speaker 10: Yeah, he gets a four million dollar raise if he does it again.
Speaker 1: Well, you can tag me all you want then, yeah, tag me tag me too please Yeah, and.
Speaker 2: Then the team's back.
Speaker 1: But according to the experts at Fox Sports this morning, the Bengals need help in the offensive line. Correct, the defensive line, right linebacker and safeties and cornerbacks and the running attack.
Speaker 2: That's what they need.
Speaker 1: Helpful And they said they've been traded the trade Higgins and get some offensive lineman.
Speaker 2: What do you think about that one?
Speaker 10: Well, wait till free agency starts and they'll start buying. They'll they'll start buying like they're in the movie Trading Places.
Speaker 1: Sell sell, sell segment. Thank you very much, Yes, sir, let's continue with Mark.
Speaker 2: David coming up next.
Speaker 1: He is a township trustee that was told by the state of Ohio through you who voted for it, like fifty seven percent said yes, that the host community would get about three point six percent and the Columbia township.
Speaker 2: That's the batload of money.
Speaker 1: But when the state of Ohio realized there's going to be a billion dollars in marijuana sales this year. I set a billion, and they were going to get only one hundred million of the billion. They said, you know what, let's double the tax is if that will have no impact on the choice of those who smell smoke marijuana. I love the idea that there are thousands of Ohioans now working in the marijuana businesses thousands. And secondly, I love the idea that a billion dollars this year will be taken out of the so called dark market of drug dealers, some billion dollars. Now the state wants to put his hand in the cookie jar and invalidate the will of the voters.
Speaker 2: We'll see what happened.
Speaker 1: I wouldn't remind the state that the constitutional amendment is out there in which the state would.
Speaker 2: Be cut out completely.
Speaker 1: Let's continue with more one fifty five HOMEO REDS News Radio seven hundred WLW by Billy cunning in the Great American. Of course, when there's lots of money around, you can count towards government to put his hand in the cookie jar. And about a year and a half two years ago, On's approved a system where certain cities and townships, if they would opt in, would have dispensaries within the locale of whether it's Columbia Township or Green Township or the City of Cincinnati. Because there was a deal made in which the local community is part of their additional expenses and cost of hosting a marijuana dispensary, would get about three point six percent of the gross At that point it was ten percent. And things open up about five or six months ago with the first sales, and some of these dispensers are doing great business. In fact, it is predicted by Ohio Marijuana Control this year that state of Ohio is going to take about one billion dollars out of the dark market. And now we're talking serious money that drug dealers. The billion dollars are not going to receive unless it's changed. And your friend and mine, Governor Mike DeWine and Speaker of the House Matt Huffman want to redirect the money away from cities and away from townships that approved it and put it into a larger state fund which would include things like jail construction and peace officer training and law enforcement training, drivers, education.
Speaker 2: And schools.
Speaker 1: So because this is going to generate like one hundred million dollars in the year twenty twenty five unless the tax goes up double or triple, in which case who knows what the sales are going to be. And some of the cities and the townships are crying an uncle because that's not the deal. In fact, Jordan, you and I now is the president of the Columbia Township Trustee Association, David Kubicki. He said, quote, we never would have allowed recreational marijuana in our community, which is Columbia Township, if there is not a local host sharing agreement. David Kubicki says, quote that's why we did it. We truly feel like we got bait and switched quote unquote. And Dwine wants to take the tax from ten percent up to twenty and Matt Huffman speagure out wants to have a fifty percent increase to fifteen percent, which would freeze a lot of people out of the market and force them to go into shall I say, the pockets and the drug dealers joining you and I now is the same David Kubicki. So David Kubicki is the president of Columbia Township. You're and voicing the concerns of many municipalities and many townships in Ohio. You were sold one thing and delivered another. How much of a loss would this be for Columbia Township? If the state came in and took that three point six percent of sales and sent it off to Columbus.
Speaker 6: It would be a big d But first, Willie, thanks for having me. I've known you for a long time. This is my first time being in the show, so I honored to be on with the Great American. I want to apologetically tell you that, without question, we never would have done these deals. This is what we counted on to keep our taxes at Bay, pay our bills, and more importantly, it's what we told our voters that for anybody that was philosophically or whatever opposed to marijuana. And by the way, I've never smoked marijuana in my life, I just come with an open objective mind. And then when you looked at the revenue sharing agreement that was delivered where we would in essence get three point six percent of the state revenues that was voted in by the voters on Issue two, we looked at it, We reviewed it with our law director, we put it in our budget, then we went out on a road show and sold it to our voters that hey, guys, whether you like medical or excuse me, adult use marijuana or not. Fifty eight percent of the people in the state of Ohio voted to approve it, roughly and seventy two percent in our community voted forward. So we need to embrace that change and go do it's in our best interest. And by the way, there's a revenue stream that comes in that's going to help us in deer ways, soft our needs for levy, boast of our law enforcement, most of our safety services. That's what we saw in an issue fifty six came up where they said they're going to bump the revenue sharing agreement up from ten percent to fifteen percent, but then they're going to cut out that local host agreement. And that's why I'm on your show. That's a problem in so many ways, catastrophic for our community financially, politically, it's just a disaster. They can't know the rules.
Speaker 1: David KUBICKI, like you, I've never smoked pot. I've been around people that have, and I think it's a bad health decision because your lungs are affected. It's like smoking cigarettes on steroids. Don't like any of it. The difficulty is Americans living in Ohio fifty eight percent said let's do it. Some communities like yours seventy two percent said let's do it because it's going to defer a township expenses and lower the taxes.
Speaker 2: Of the residents.
Speaker 1: Right now, there's about five to seven thousand Americans working in the three aspects of marijuana or whether it's the dispensary, whether it's processing or growth. It's a huge industry. There's five to seven thousand people working in Ohio paying taxes, raising families in the industry that otherwise would not be doing that. Marijuana control there's going to be a billion dollars in the year twenty twenty five taken out of the drug dealer market, which I think is a positive. There's some level of confidence that when you buy marijuana from the state, in a sense that won't be filled with fentanyls, so it is safer for a marijuana user. However, Mike DeWine wants to double take a ten percent excise tax on the product up to twenty percent, which is going to hurt. I think it's going to When I talk to marijuana users, they tell me I'll just go back to my friendly drug dealer and not give any money to the state. So they had a golden goose, thousands of people employed, paying millions of dollars in taxes. They have hundreds of dispensaries, they have huge processors, they have huge those that are growing it. And it's now the state looks at a billion dollar business and twenty twenty five or more, and the state's now saying, well, there's a lot of money there that we can use for jail construction, we can use for poison control and lab testing, we can use for driver education programs. But do you have a dish no expenses like in Columbia Township or Green Township or the City of Cincinnati, because the dispensaries are there, don't you have additional expenses that must be deferred?
Speaker 6: Uh? Wellly, that's hard to define. But to the extent that I've heard others use those words in some of the testimony they had for in proposing in their death their testimony to support Issue fifty six, they said that there might be more to law enforcement. There might be societal impacts, there might be economic development impacts, and I suppose what that means is law enforcements obvious. But if they take the money back to Columbus, that there's a nine to one one cullt. We're not calling Columbus, They're calling the Great Columbia Township at our local Hamilton County Police Department, as well as our safety services of the Little Miami Fire District. And as far as the economic development impact, I guess you could say that if a marijuana coney goes here, maybe another business might not want to be there. If there's not a rev a new stream which was agreed to and promised, we never would have done that deal. So the reason why you do it, And candidly, this isn't unique to marijuana. I mean, what we're talking about here is is the voters have spoken. And I listened to your interview with Governor DeLine on your station that I think it took place on Friday, and he mentions on some hands that this is a country of voters where votes matter, and in some regards that he's going to respect the will of the voters. But then he also goes on to say, I don't quite think they understood what exactly they were voting for in terms of the revenue streams. Well, I'll say this, what other issue, whatever judge, whatever person you're voting on, you're listening to commercials. It's almost impossible for any voter to be one hundred percent engaged. Must you read every document, attend every meeting, which is virtually impossible. So to some extent, even go look at the presidential election. You go vote for Trump because he's going to make America great, be the greatest ever. And don't vote for Trump because he's going to be terrible and it's going to be threat to democracy. Both things can't be true. Somebody is conflicted and misinformed, but still the elections mattered. You get elected, you win, and that's what happens. So we need to respect the fact that the voters voted for issue too, and that included the host agreement with the local communities. You cannot change the rules. You can't midstream if no wonder the line wants to change the rules, the rules in the future, and then see who in the future wants to open up a recreational marijuana clinic with no new revenue source. That's different. But you can't go into the people that are already there, our clinics are already open and say you no longer get the revenues.
Speaker 1: Well, at this point, when I had on Governor de Wine, he said, look, there were some townships or cities that did not vote to do this, and therefore it's not fair to them that they don't participate in the revenue stream for marijuana. But my point would be My point to the governor was, look, it's the voters in those townships had the availability right now. Sycamore Township does not have a marijuana dispensary, but Columbia Township does. I think the city of Norwood does not. I think the City of Cincinnati does. And so the argument, well, it's like a lottery system almost some benefits, some do not, whether people have the right to decide to benefit or not to benefit. And it's local control. And so I think the people a Columbia Township know a lot more about running Columbia Township than the governor of Ohio or the speaker of the House of Representatives. What I see this as is a power grab and taking money out of the local governments because no one thought there'd be a billion dollars in marijuana sales in one year. So if there's a ten percent tax, that'd be one hundred million, and if there's a twenty percent additional tax, that'd be two hundred million dollars. Now you're talking about money. But maybe Mike DeWine and Matt Huffman just philosophically or opposed to marijuana. They voted against it personally, neither one of the guys wanted and so what they want to do is make it more expensive to buy legal pot, which means that the user will turn to the dark market and fund drug dealers, which we don't want. So do you buy the argument that what the township next to yours? David Kubecki did not vote to have it, so why should you benefit it not the other township?
Speaker 2: Well, what's the response to that one?
Speaker 6: Well, you go, look and go when Mason Lands Proctor and Gamble, or Union Township lends TQL or Sycamore Towns lends and another office building with the revenue sources or blueless god knows how much money they have to build direct centers. I guess they want the lottery. So do they come share that with all the other local communities. I mean the pretty girls get they asked the dance first. There is a winner and a loser. And there's also, like you said, the voluntary decision whether you're going to choose to have it or not. So yes, that happens everywhere and everything. Developers buy land all the time, hoping they land somebody big that they can profit from. But I can assure you, no matter what what deal you're putting together, Willie, whether it's an office building in ken with the great Sycamore Township or a marijuana clinic here, if there's no revenue source, and you've certainly been in some of those Sycamore Township meetings, there's opposition against office building, for traffic, for noise, for lighting, or for what have you. If there's not an economic development, forget marijuana, there's no reason to put them there. And you cannot take away those revenue sources from the host communities. You just can't. It wouldn't make any sense for them to do it.
Speaker 2: Well.
Speaker 1: The other point is this that it was passed as an initiative, which is a statue proposed by the so called people of the state. The other alternative is a constitutional amendment, and for those who have invested so much in these businesses millions and millions of dollars. The next step they would take would be a constitutional amendment, much like the abortion thing. Mike DeWine tried to put together a sixteen to twenty week ban even though he's opposed to abortion m from day one, but he couldn't get it pa and let the people decide whether the people decided. Now we have abortion through birth. We have a more liberal abortion law roe vers than roe versus weighed because it was a constitutional amendment. So if this thing is ran through and local communities like yours lose out, then what's going to happen is those that are don't want to pay two hundred million dollars a year in taxes will make it a constitutional amendment. Put that on the ballot, and then that's going to pass by greater than fifty eight percent. Then the state will have no money, and Columbia Township would have no money. The City of Cincinnati we have no money because you put it on the ballot. People don't read the fans and the butts. It's going to be Are you in favor of recreational marijuana?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 3: Or no?
Speaker 2: People are going to vote yes. Hell, I'd vote yes.
Speaker 1: I'd voted yes on state issue too, because I thought it was a revenue stream. It was happening anyway, so the local communities can benefit. But do you think the state officials like Matt Huffman, Speaker who's got more power in than maybe than the governor has, and Mike de Wine understand that the other shoot to drop would be a constitutional amendment, then government would be out of it completely.
Speaker 6: Well, Willie, I'm an eternal optimist and I firmly believe, as I always say to my team, this may defy what most politicians says. I'm one fact away from changing my mind. And that's part of why I'm on your show is maybe the hears the boots on the ground testimony of us going out pleading to our voters and saying, let's go do this and here's why, and the changing and I'm hoping Governor de Wine hears this and says, you know, I really didn't quite see that. And the same with with with Speaker Huffman, that they go see this and go you know what I always say that you know, I'm open minded and one fact away from changing my mind, and I'm hoping that they have the ability that doesn't make you wish you was she, that does not make you a flip plopper. I know those tags get you know, hit in politics, but it makes you open minded and objective, and I hope they see it that way. And Governor Well, I'm certainly for himself to be a decent guy. I know you've represented, You've known him for a long time and have a great respect for him. I've met him one time where they can't say I don't know him that well, but he seems like an honorable guy. I'm hoping they hear this and do the right thing and follow the rules and don't leave us local politicians, our local communities holding the bag when we went to bat for this for the benefit of not only our community, but for Hamilton County and by proxy, the entire state of Ohio.
Speaker 1: Lastly, David Kuovic, would you say, would you say that your dispensary in Columbia Township is working as intended, that there's not massive lawlessness, there's not robberies, there's not traffic jams. And when I talk to those around the around the Hamilton County, Butler County, they're working. They're fine. They're businesses in which adults are working. People are buying marijuana. The state's getting their their beak wet a little bit. And it's a functional business. And at this point, isn't it working for Columbia Township even though you've not seen the money yet.
Speaker 6: Yes, it's working force working very well. As you say, it's regulated, it's professional, it's keeping the stuff out of the hands of the drug dealers, what have you. I know it's medical and recks a little bit different, but yes, it's working. One other thing I wways say is Columbia townshen is in a unique opportunity because we have two clinics, and those clinics, this may shock everybody, do about twenty million dollars a year in revenues at twenty million each, and then they're projected to probably jump by fifty percent by their projection, instead'd be thirty million each. So if you go look at sixty million dollars two point six or three point six percent of what we're supposed to get, that's a two million dollar opportunity virtually at the beginning for our community. And that's what we budgeted for this week. We promised our taxpayers. It is real money. It's not make belief. We've seen it firsthand and yes, it is working.
Speaker 1: Now in Columbia Township doesn't have large office buildings, doesn't have a lot of the revenue streams, and this is a big deal to people who live in Columbia Township to keep their taxes low. And for those who didn't participate on the front end, that's their choice. They could now participate now, they could change their laws and Sycamore Township for municipality and say okay, we're going to have it now and we'll see what happens down the road. But David Kobecki, I hope Matt Huffman and Mike DeWine understand that if they ram this thing through, it's going to anger a lot of people who will promised one thing then delivered another. And secondly, the Constitutional Amendment is out there which would take government out of it almost completely when it comes to revenue, and that's a no one's best interest. With David Kobicki President Columbia Township, we got to run. But thanks for giving us your perspective, and David, you're a great American, and thanks for coming on the bill.
Speaker 2: Cunningham Show. Thank you, David, thank you for having me.
Speaker 1: All right, let's continue with more. The state sees a billion dollars or more in revenue. The state sees ten percent of that's only one hundred million. The state says, well, twenty percent would be two hundred million, and that's a source of revenue. But that's not what we promised. Let's continue with more news. Next to trom of the Reds News Radio seven hundred l.
Speaker 8: Our Nason, here's face just U is underway and the gloves are off hands to Kachuk At Brandon Hagel. Hegel skated away as he got backed up, deploying the crowd to get even more vocally involved, if that's possible. And this start, as you can call it, that that we even started reminiscent of.
Speaker 2: The old days.
Speaker 7: Little chant that started hanging up to Kachunk drop right off the hallway.
Speaker 9: And I'm telling you, Sean, I'm standing down here, and I think there's zero chance that we see the puck hit the ice for more than one second before we're gonna see both Kachuck brothers sitting in this penalty box.
Speaker 8: Brady's out there and Sam Bennett who's been first collar lineup tonight. He did not play against Sweden. Is taking the face off. He's clearly in there to help match the United States. Physicality brings a lot of grid, a lot of sandpaper.
Speaker 7: This was this was set there. They come right, you're right right before the first Ku Chuck fight, this was set up.
Speaker 8: Here you go, Sam Bennett eight years a team made of Matthew Kachuck in both Calgary and the last three in Florida, fighting Matthew's brother Brady.
Speaker 9: When the first face off puts a boat to hit the ice, Brady kid Chuck yelled across the Bennett and he said.
Speaker 7: Ain't Benny after this, We're going And so the change was made.
Speaker 9: Bennett jumped on the ice and three seconds to fights and we thought it would be a wild night here in Montreal.
Speaker 7: We're off to this start well.
Speaker 8: Matthew kit Chuck was asked after the game against Finland about the building of the US anthem.
Speaker 7: He said, I don't like it.
Speaker 8: Team USA said they use it as a motivator. Coaches and players on both sides said they hope it.
Speaker 7: Wouldn't happen tonight. It did it ts in the tongue Charlie macavoy put one on net. Now we're nine seconds in.
Speaker 8: We had a fight tube seconds in, another one one second later. Now in the center of the accident's called Baraco and JT.
Speaker 7: Miller. Breco's got a big size advantage. Miller's a tough dude.
Speaker 9: And this is like nineteen ninety six when this building opened up with the world top.
Speaker 2: He yet and I'm spoken broadcasting.
Speaker 3: Rock.
Speaker 1: Have you thought about playing hockey instead of football? Or maybe what about that?
Speaker 2: You know what's interesting.
Speaker 12: I have never in my life been on a pair of skates, and that means roller skates, ice skates, nothing, nothing, can't do it, won't do it.
Speaker 2: I tried it once, can't do it. Won't do it ever again. Segment.
Speaker 10: You scored against me in that celebrity game years ago. Remember Jerry Springer was the other goaltender.
Speaker 1: Well a little bit. I didn't know whether to shoot towards Springer or shoot towards you. I thought it'd be easier to shoot towards you. A Springer, I don't know. He looked goofy in that outfit. Well, he looked like he was about ten feet tall.
Speaker 10: He looked like a gigantic Ken Dryden in the net and my little rear end and that other and at the other end, and I'm going, and Chris Sable, let one go from the point. Yes, I think, I think there's the hole was still there and right in the middle of my gut.
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 2: I thought I got it right to the goal it was.
Speaker 10: I mean, it came at me, and I mean that puck just came, getting bigger and wider, and I'm going, it's just gonna it's going to take my head off.
Speaker 2: You don't say.
Speaker 1: But played a lot of hockey, but I'm watching a lot of the ESPN this morning taking the Bengals to task for not having signed Jamar Chase last year and then get him off the boards, and then it's going to cost him thirty to fifty million dollars. It's their mistake, not yours in mind. But now they're saying t Higgins, the experts say, why sign him, trade him away and get some offensive linemen or defensive help.
Speaker 2: What do you say about getting rid of Tea?
Speaker 12: You could make the case that t Higgins is going to be the most sought after free agent in the entire NFL this year, right, And then This is why it's such a killer that Jermaine Burton didn't work out even a little bit.
Speaker 2: Had he been a little bit showed a few promising things.
Speaker 12: Okay, now we can trade away or let t go get some capital for him, that sort of thing. But I think right now, there's so many holes. So you got to keep together your your firepower. And so I guess Corny and Sames repeating, and by the way, we have him at four o'clock as the tag window opens up at four o'clock. According to him and his research, the Bengals planned to franchise t Higgins and the reports are also they're going to sign Hendrickson and Jamar Chase.
Speaker 2: So money money, Well, you know.
Speaker 1: Trey raised a lot of money a few days ago for Deer Park High School. Most of the great players like Luke Keighley would come to der Park to help us raise money. But discussions were head. He's confident he's going to have a three year deal, whatever it might be. That'd be great. But on the other hand, the Bengals, the window is wide open. To keep t Higgins of course would be a luxury, but then they got a draft. Properly, you've pointed out the last three drafts they've had not one player have an impact.
Speaker 2: Is that correct on the defensive side of the ball. I think you'd make that argument.
Speaker 12: Whereas you look at the Eagles and what they did not super Bowl, They just nailed draft pick after draft pick the past four or five years. And when you now the draft picks, then you have then you have the the option to be able to go and get the missing piece or missing two pieces and spend some big money to get it.
Speaker 2: Just can't be spending money and getting five and six players.
Speaker 12: Look now that Eagles defense was historically good, so that's a it's a hard.
Speaker 2: Thing to do well. They did, but they did it and that needs to be the game player segment.
Speaker 10: Get me into the Stute Report, please, will he The Stuote Report is a proud service every local Tamestar heating and air conditioning dealers Tamestar quality you could feel in beautiful Western Hills called Derbt Heating and Cooling at five one, three, five nine, eight eighty four forty nine or go to.
Speaker 2: Derbit Heating and Cooling dot com.
Speaker 10: But if they tag t Higgins today, Willie, he will play for a salary of twenty six point one seven million dollars for twenty twenty five, a four million dollar raise right from last year.
Speaker 12: Yeah no, but but they're gonna they're gonna try to sign him to a long term deal. Last year he was the only player that was tagged that did not receive a long term deal in the NFL.
Speaker 10: But they did sign punter Ryan Rico today to a two year contract extension Bengals apparently worth millions.
Speaker 1: The other thing I want, I'm watching all the analysis. The Eagles have maybe the best GM in football. They have three assistant gms. They have eighteen scouts, and the Bengals have one GM Mike Brown and Paul H. Brown maybe and they have three instead of eighteen. Isn't that a factor?
Speaker 2: It would be. Yeah, I certainly make that argument.
Speaker 12: The more eyeballs you have looking at players and evaluating players, I think would be the better. This is the new age of the NFL. It's so lucrative. There's the money to spend on such resources because the rewards are so high.
Speaker 2: Now you wonder why the Bengals wouldn't do it. Well, segment, give me more sports and make it quick.
Speaker 10: Well, leave the Reds We're gonna go with All Star East Hunter Green and Graham Ashcraft when they open up the Cactus League schedule this Saturday in the split squad spring openers in Arizona. The Reds are going to go against the Guardians at two thirty five here on seven under WLW. That's when the Hunter Green starts, and then Graham Ashcraft will go up against the Milwaukee Brewers.
Speaker 2: McLean, what about McLean? He's all right, McClean, Matt mcclein. No, Matt mcclean's okay. Nobody, nobody about Cincinnati.
Speaker 7: What a team?
Speaker 10: What a team?
Speaker 7: A team?
Speaker 10: What about Freddie Montoss? What about mon Toss? Montoss is hurt, He is out some. He is out until maybe May as. Montas had signed a two year, thirty four million dollar deal with the New York Mets. He has a high grade latch train. He has left spring training going back to New York City for treatment.
Speaker 12: How you get a high grade latch train if you're a conditioned supreme athlete, how do you get a high lat spring?
Speaker 2: I don't know, Rock, where's that at? Right over here? Your lass like underneath your shoulder blade? Back there? He's problem.
Speaker 10: I have good Lats, Tommy don't we All, Tommy T and Jimmy D with Red Hot Stove League Tonight live from Arizona. Tyler Stevens and a new outfielder Austin Billy Ray Haynes is on tonight. Also Willie could College High school basketball tonight the Wildcats and Action and tournament play against SPS s c.
Speaker 2: P A nice how about that is in action tonight now that they stacked the deck like they did a couple of years ago. Or how are we looking? Segment? Please continue Hello, Hello.
Speaker 12: By the way, next year rock back to that punter of the Bengals sign I have always said that an NFL punter is arguably the greatest gig that there is.
Speaker 2: There's no pressure to miss.
Speaker 12: Field goals or make a last second field goal to win a game or lose a game. If you got the ability and you're competent, and you stay up on your your fitness and your health, that's the greatest gig.
Speaker 2: We can do that for fifteen plus years.
Speaker 6: What the uh?
Speaker 2: And they and sometimes they don't even punt, but.
Speaker 12: Yeah like once, yeah, well that's a good points and more with all the analytics out there, they're going for fourth down, more and more than they ever have.
Speaker 2: Right, that's a great gig. You can get it. I wonder what he makes probably two years about ten million, I don't know. And it makes millions, doesn't he?
Speaker 10: I would say so if he's a young kicker. He led the he led all rookies at forty nine yards per A great weapon.
Speaker 2: You got to have a good one. I mean they had money, well.
Speaker 10: Spend as Pat mcannelly for years and uh then who was the guy they just uh they just had their Yeah, a great guy.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Well, so it's a great gig and mean and if you get hit, it's a penalty automatically.
Speaker 2: Yeah, touch not bad. Gotta have a good long snapper. Clark Harris, Yeah, you know a long time talk about the Baltimore game there. Anyway, say give me some more sports.
Speaker 10: Well, he said, News and Sports today twenty four years ago today, twenty four years ago today, Willy number three Dale Earnhardt was killed in that last lap wreck at Daytona and the Daytona.
Speaker 12: Fice debscribe Where you were seg when that went down, described the setting where you were at, what your feelings were when you witnessed that.
Speaker 10: We were just about ready to go on the air Rock at seven o'clock with the sure good Racing report when that happened, and back then you had no no social media, no nothing, and we didn't know what to do. We didn't know whether to say he was alive, passed away or whatever. And then finally about I don't know what it was, ten to fifteen, twenty minutes into the show they came on and that was it.
Speaker 2: I mean, we just fell apart. It just you know, he couldn't believe it. I mean, he just couldn't believe.
Speaker 1: It didn't look like an accident that would kill anybody or a million wrecks that are looking.
Speaker 10: The last thing he saw was his son, or Michael Waltrip and his son going one to two to win to finish at the Daytona five hundred, and.
Speaker 2: He was blocking, right, he was blocking well nice They blamed what was it there? Uh, they blamed Sterling Marlin for the wreck. He had nothing to do with it.
Speaker 10: So I mean he just you know, oh, rocket was I mean, you're sitting there and uh late Dennis Neils crying, Bob Schmidz crying, I'm about I'm just sitting there. I'm about half half out of it, and I'm going, you know, just open up the phones and let everybody go.
Speaker 1: You know, I have a text here from Bob the brick Layer Party stay. Route thirty two is underwater near the levee. Thirty two underwater near the levee. It's going to rise up to fifty one fifty two feet. Pay attention segment, Give me chaos. I love it, Chaos segment. Get me out of the stooge report. Please, in memory of the Great Dale Earn Heart, the Intimidator Willie.
Speaker 10: And utter of the number three, we leave you with the immortal words of the stood report.
Speaker 7: Come on, we made get a free car. Cuick behind the back, lead him back to the plane. Come on, Michael, you got got it, You got it, You got it game Michael waltime.
Speaker 3: O man.
Speaker 7: I guess he's all right, didn't okay, okay.
Speaker 1: Saw the crash and saw the car sitting over there, and saw the ambulances and everything, and it just it, you know, looked.
Speaker 2: Really dramatized and really dramatic looking, you know, and it just looked odd.
Speaker 1: Rest in piece the Great Number three on news radio seven hundred w LW