Speaker 1: Welcome to Here's to Your Health with Joshua Lane. Here's to Your Health discusses the current thinking and wellness, bringing you the most influential thinkers in beauty, fitness, and longevity. Your host, Joshua Lane, was part of the doctor An Wigmore team that helped bring wheat, grass sprouts and raw foods to a worldwide audience and now the host of Here's to Your Health. Joshua Lane.
Speaker 2: Welcome to this edition of Here's to Your Health. I'm your host, josh Lane. My guest is Becky McLain. Becky McLain has been a guest of the show before and Becky McLain is a scientist and wrote a book called Exposed. A Phiso scientist battles corruption, lies and betrayal and becomes a biohazard with Blower and when the case was finally settled in twenty ten, Becky McClain was the first. It's a pleasure to have Becky McLain on the show. I also want to mention that her book Exposed forwards by Ralph Nader, which in my opinion, is important. Ral Nader has an excellent track record when it comes to let's use the word consumer protection and the book is published by sky Horse Publishing, which is an excellent publishing house for many important ideas about wellness and the environment. Becky McLain, welcome to the show.
Speaker 3: Thank you, Joshua. I appreciate the return visit here.
Speaker 2: Yes, yeah, this way you get a chance to expand on what has occurred and what is actually ongoing right now and your role in it. So if I can ask you to please give us your history. So in other words, you, as you know, twenty five years ago you were working for Pfizer at their important base in Connecticut. When when much of this difficulty and this journey for you began. Is that correct?
Speaker 3: That's correct. At the time I.
Speaker 4: Ran into problems, I was an experienced molecular biologist of seventeen years, so.
Speaker 3: I had a lot of.
Speaker 4: Good safety protocols, you know, I was. I had been in the field for a long time. And it started on my first day of working in an embryonic stem cell laboratory. And when I stepped outside my lab to find a brake room, I asked an employee, where's the breakroom? And there was no break room. They were eating and drinking in a working hallway with refrigerators and freezers that contained pathogens, biological agents and very unsafe environ So that's how the story begins. And as you know, a break room with a separated door has been a standard procedure, safety procedure for decades. So here I am at Pfiser, the largest pharmaceutical company in the world, and they are not taking safety seriously. So that's how the story begins, and then it becomes.
Speaker 3: A lot worse.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 2: Our guest is Becky McLain, former scientist at Pfeiser, althor of the book Exposed Forward by Ralph Nader, published by Skyhorse Publishing. Now, Becky, in reading your book, I saw that you know right away you mentioned there was these difficulties. And again you were at Pfiser out there I guess, important campus in Connecticut, and you mentioned this in the book. You mentioned it to other scientists working with you, and you all said the same thing. You said, Oh yeah, Becky, this is really you know, this is a bead and everyone and everyone was unhappy. Everyone seemed very un happy right away, and your supervisors also pretended to be unhappy. But yet you said when you when you had it written up, that they wouldn't write it up as a safety hazard. How did they write it up?
Speaker 4: Well, we first brought these issues forward, and I brought them forward in a safety committee, and they silenced the safety committee and instead told my supervisor that he had to take care of these safety issues by by presenting them through a building committee. So they're trying to hide the safety problems by instead of bringing them forward to the safety committee where we could document them.
Speaker 3: Uh. He was told to start this building.
Speaker 4: Committee and when we did that, the first the building committee was to try to try to see if we we could redesign our department. But Pfizer wanted to know the cost of all this before they even addressed the safety committee, so they sew the safety issues. So when we had our first meeting, finally after three or four months with the building committee, it all came to a point of talking about safety. And when we again put this forward to management, they shut.
Speaker 3: It down again.
Speaker 4: So they don't want any documentation about safety problems in biohazard labs. This is not an academic lab.
Speaker 3: I want.
Speaker 4: I want people to understand the clarification of this. We have three different labs in the United States, government labs, academia labs, and private labs. This is and each of them why they're different. Although they're using the same technologies, the same biohazard technology is the same, genetically engineered agents and everything, these three labs are regulated differently. Now why that is, it's you know, that's a question.
Speaker 3: For someone to explain.
Speaker 4: But I would say the private labs have less regulation than any of the labs as far as I as.
Speaker 3: I know, and.
Speaker 4: So that's an issue they can get away with a lot more in private labs.
Speaker 2: Our guest is Becky McLain. Becky McLain, a former scientist at Pfizer, author of a great book called Exposed Forward by Ralph Nader published by sky Is Publishing now. Ms McLain, I'm just like to venture the guests that the people that were employed at Pfizer were among the best educated from the best universities in the United States and probably Europe and the world. Am I correct in thinking that?
Speaker 3: Well?
Speaker 4: My experience, I have worked in that academia and I have worked in corporate science.
Speaker 3: My experience, and it's to me it.
Speaker 4: Is just straightforward that academia definitely has better scientists, better well trained scientists.
Speaker 3: That was obvious to me going into private industry. They do have.
Speaker 4: You know, there were six thousand scientists or six thousand people working in the biolab in Groton, Connecticut, but they weren't as well trained. They had different pressures on them. The academia wants to publish and fives of scientists want to make inventions that can make money. It's more of a market instead of a you know, a healthcare trying to help focus on healthcare. It's more of a how do you focus on marketing our markets within the healthcare system.
Speaker 3: So no, I could.
Speaker 4: Obvious say that academia has much better scientists than corporate.
Speaker 2: All right, so, miss McLain, six thousand people at a campus, which is a very lovely term. Obviously, this is a major economic force in the state of Connecticut, and I'm guessing they have a lot of clout. And I'm also guessing that the scientists working with you there at the Pfizer Lab in Connecticut or campus in Connecticut were obviously being very well paid, and they had career paths they were searching for remaining true to and they must have realized as you did, that if you make too much trouble that they fire you or black bail you or you simply fall away from your career. So that must have been a real pressure for you and the others. Because early in your book you mentioned you're chatting with another scientist and she said, oh, yeah, she eats outside here, and you was talking about problems with I think she mentioned the first day on her there was a unopen tube or something. And so this seems like such an egregious error on the part of management at Pfizer. And I guess every scientist and every person working on the campus, not every person, but the scientists in your department was certainly exposed to dangerous materials every day, and there was no safety protocols. Well, they were terribly inadequate, and especially Pfiser being you know, a major player in the United States.
Speaker 4: That's right, yes, And I just want to clarify that the lady that found the test tube, she found it in a Coca Cola can. She was drinking and in the hallway, which is not a breakroom, but it was our only breakroom we had. It wasn't a fit, it wasn't a safe breakroom, and she found a test tube at the bottom of her coca cola.
Speaker 3: That's how unsafe.
Speaker 4: It It was the reason why Peiser is behaving like this because they claim that they don't have to be safe, they only have to be legal. Now if that concept, they don't have to be safe, they just have to be legal. You know, biotechnologies are advancing, you know daily, So if you have a regulatory or laws that govern biotechnology today, tomorrow they might be out of out of date because of the advances. So you really have to have corporations and scientists that have integrity regarding safety.
Speaker 3: You have to.
Speaker 4: Run your lab safely and not necessarily what just as legal. But you know PISO is all about money and that's how they run their business, and so that's a problem both.
Speaker 3: For workers and for the public health.
Speaker 4: These biotechnologies that are being used can harm the public if they are released into the environment.
Speaker 2: Miss mclan, you mentioned in the book that you were asked to participate in a quote comedy video or somehow light hearted video about some of the safety problems and how you did not wish to participate, and none of the other scientists wished to participate, but I guess everyone was kind of coerced into being involved with that film. And how did that eventually play out with that film.
Speaker 3: Well, initially it was a new director that came in from England and he.
Speaker 4: Asked us for our cooperation. They were going to make some sort of video. So when they came into our embryonic stem cell lab, the person that was filming the video and trying to and she wanted us to show violations of safety protocol like eating in the lab and without our lab coats and safety glasses, etc. And I immediately thought, what's going on here. I don't want to be filmed doing this.
Speaker 3: It's a serious issue. And by that time.
Speaker 4: We had already and I had already promoted safety in front of management, like there's major problems. So why they wanted us to do this was beyond our imagination, you know. So we tried to ask them what for and they were not being very specific, and then finally she made a hint that this might be a safety video where you where you first show what's improper and then you show what's proper. So we thought maybe that's what she was trying to do, that's what's indicative of what she was trying to trying to film. Well, they released the film at a Christmas party of all things. We were shocked and instead of promoting safety, they were mocking safety advisor.
Speaker 3: It was supposed to be a.
Speaker 4: Joke about how you know safety is a joke advisor. So we were all appalled. I mean, we wanted to crawl underneath the table.
Speaker 3: Because safety is These are serious issues.
Speaker 4: As I told you, they're worker safety issues and their public health safety issues, especially after experiencing COVID. I think the public should realize that these issues are very very serious issues.
Speaker 2: And when you were working at Peiser. By the way, I just juncture. Our guest is Becky McLain, who's the author of the book called Exposed. Becky is a former scientist at Pfizer who won the first the important whistleblow lawsuits and won it in twenty ten. So miss McLain has been involved with this problem for you know, twenty five years. Quite frankly, miss McClain. By the way, where did you receive their undergraduate and graduate degrees?
Speaker 4: Indiana University my undergraduate degree in biology and the University of Texas School of Public Health a master's degree, master of a science degree.
Speaker 2: Now, when you are so unhappy with the safety protocols, and I guess management obviously saw you as trouble, your trouble, and you not only you, but probably you know large numbers of the staff, but you seem to be the point person. What happened next in the timeline.
Speaker 5: Uh, well, I continued to complain about safety because of the public health threat and the worker safety threat, and I was warned several times, by at least three times by my supervisor that it's not going to go well if I continue this.
Speaker 4: Documenting safety issues. And eventually it became hostile. I was put up against the wall with threats.
Speaker 2: What kind of threats? Can I ask? What kind of I mean? Obviously I guess they're threats of employment. After all, you have a great job at a powerful corporation. And I guess if they decide, well, no, this, this person is not good advisor, that it's very in your career, you never work again.
Speaker 4: Oh for sure, I did never work again after all that, And people knew that that you can be blacklisted and you cannot be able to get another job after that. But even up above that, what happened during the retaliation of hostility intimidation. Then they exposed me to a genetically engineered virus and at the.
Speaker 3: Time, I can't really say that I think that.
Speaker 4: The person that who was my supervisor, who put me up against the wall and was using hostility against me, did direct a dangerous experiment without a bio containment hood right next to my office, open space office, on my private bench. Now that's bizarre because most in science and molecular biology, we have our own private bench so we can control our own safety. We don't want someone just walking in and placing a genetic engineered virus because they're invisible.
Speaker 3: You don't know.
Speaker 4: You know, a safe experiment looks like like the same as a dangerous experiment.
Speaker 3: You just don't know because it's invisible.
Speaker 4: So I really can't make a statement like that, although I can say he was educated enough that he should have known that this was a very dangerous virus that should have been bio contained.
Speaker 2: Right, and then after that occurred and you observed this, what's the timeline what happened? Then observed observe that he was doing a dangerous experiment in your work space.
Speaker 4: Because I was not told that a genetically engineered virus, infectious human infectious agent was coming into our lab, which is normal, would be normal protocol when we expect. We have weekly meetings, so we discussed what we're doing in the meeting.
Speaker 3: I was not told all.
Speaker 4: All I uh witness was the sloppy experiment all over my personal labs space. I just thought it was a normal embryonic stem cell experiment without genetically engineered viruses.
Speaker 3: I didn't know what they were doing, but.
Speaker 4: The retaliation at the time was so intense. I mean I was I couldn't even hardly interact.
Speaker 3: With my supervisor. Remember, it was hostile, and.
Speaker 4: I still they would not switch me to a different supervisor. So I'm working with this man who's put me up against the wall. He's giving me false performance reviews. Within forty eight hours, I became ill from the exposure, but I couldn't I didn't correlate it because I had no idea it was an infectious agent. A month later, after I've already been going to the doctor, now, like what's going on with me?
Speaker 3: A co worker.
Speaker 4: Told me that he was directed to use this lint of virus on my personal workbench.
Speaker 3: And I said, ALNA virus. What I had never been told. So then.
Speaker 4: I asked him to please check to make sure that there was no dangerous, infectious human infectious agents in that experiment, and he came back the next day very nervous and said, oh oh no, I checked it was safe.
Speaker 3: So I just assumed that, you know, it was safe.
Speaker 4: And I had another health issue, some other health issue. Well, my health started really slowly but surely becoming very, very painful and mysterious. And eventually when I had to go on medical leave during all this retaliation too, because I had to undergo his spinal.
Speaker 3: Taps and horrible, horrible things.
Speaker 4: To try to figure out what's going on, a doctor I found some doctors notes that indicated and he stated that I had been exposed somehow to a virus.
Speaker 3: Uh. And he was thinking a virus from the outside, not a virus from inside a lab, right, because I.
Speaker 4: Never told him, Okay, because I didn't know. So once I saw that that I was exposed to a virus, my blood work indicated that I had a viral.
Speaker 3: I went back to Pfiser.
Speaker 4: I said, hold on, I want to know exactly what you expose, what this lentivirus experiment was so and then Piser said, no trade secret supersedes my right. I'm not going to give you that information. So that became became another battle trying to get my exposure records for my health care. Eventually it was disclosed, but that they did use a human infectious agent, a lent of virus HIV derived lentavirus on my bench without bio containment that could infect that It was genetically engineered with a type of gain of function that made the HIV virus not only able to.
Speaker 3: Affect blood the blood, which.
Speaker 4: Normally it does, but now if you touched it, if you breathed it in, if you've rubbed your eyes, if you swallowed it, you would become infected with this genetically engineered novel lentavirus.
Speaker 2: Okay, this is all quite frankly scary. Our guest is Becky McLain, the author of a book called Exposed. This is Josh Lane. You're listening to Here's to your Health. We'll take a short break and we'll be right back after these important messages. Hi, it's Josh host of Here's to your Health. I'm happy to recommend Alo Life for natural skin support head to toe scalp defeat. I use Alo Live's skin gel, and I know the all Live skin Jel's premium quality. The skin Jael is concentrated. It works fast for its relief and helps both skin with acne. The Alo Live skin Gel help fade my teenage acne scars and I'm happy with al Live skin Gel. It's the only Alvira product the deep golden yellow color from the mature whole ef Alivera. It contains over one hundred actives. Only one hundred percent certified organic leaves are used in the Allo Live skin gel, and it's great for all skin issues. Alolife one eight hundred for one four aloe. That's one eight hundred for one four aloe Alo Life for beautiful skin. Allo Life skin Gel. It worked for me. Alo Life The leader in Alivera.
Speaker 6: The Latest from the Greatest, the best in new music by classic rockers, with your host, the insane Daryl Wayne.
Speaker 7: This is Alice Cooper.
Speaker 6: And if Daryl Wayne is insane, what does that make mean criminally insane?
Speaker 3: Stick around to find out.
Speaker 7: Many of the artist interviews from the Latest from the Greatest have been captured on audio book. There is a volume one. In volume two, great information and conversations with people in the industry and people surrounded by the industry, and of course the rock stars themselves.
Speaker 8: I'm the revenue agreed, and you're listening to they insane Daryl Wayne, and I said, Wayne Insane.
Speaker 7: You can find it on Amazon or Blackstone Audio search for the latest from the Greatest from Daryl Wayne. D A R R E L l W A y n E.
Speaker 6: Hello, this is weird, all Yankovics and you listening to the insane darl Wayne?
Speaker 2: Are you? Our guest is Becky McLain. Becky McLain a former Fiser scientist who wrote the book Exposed. Fiser Scientist battles corruption, lies and betrayal and becomes a biohazard whistleblower. Becky McClain's book excellent book called Exposed, forward by Ralph Nader, published by Scars Publishing. Now, Miss McLain, at this point, obviously you and your husband must have thought, okay, this is you know, this is very bad, and it must have been very upsetting twenty four hours a day to be fighting as an individual scientist up against a major corporation like Pfizer. Now with the information that indeed you had become infected with an infectious agent that may have been purposely put there, were sloppily put there, and your health was very poor. Did they fire you at that point?
Speaker 3: Well, they fired me when I started writing UH that I had to write to my exposure records by OSHA law and that I needed those And as soon as they they received those letters, they terminated me. Uh.
Speaker 4: And that's then I had I believe I had. They they first terminated me and I filed the OSHA complaints. So I was in the middle of the OSHA complaint when I when I started writing these letters for exposure records, I'm sorry, let me begin, because that's such a weird story. So they send me a termination letter and then I go to OSHA because they send me this termination letter and they write immediately that, oh, I accident, we accidentally fired her. We didn't mean to fire her, which I mean, I had a big long letter.
Speaker 3: You can't accidentally write. So in the then in the middle of.
Speaker 4: The Ocean investigation, when I started writing I need my exposure records, they fired me. Then, because I believe uh, uh, employees have less rights if you're if terminated. If I was still an employee, I would have more rights with OSHA.
Speaker 3: So there is a legal strategy that they were using, UH. And that introduces the whole issue about OSHA. You know how they treated me. How you know.
Speaker 4: I also want to make a point that the three different biotech UH laboratories, the private laboratory so that I was working at Adfiser, the only regulatory agency that's protecting workers and the public from exposure exposures is OSHA.
Speaker 3: It's not an I H. A lot of people get confused.
Speaker 4: They think the National Institute of Health is over overseeing these biohazards.
Speaker 3: That's an academia.
Speaker 4: This private industry only has OSHA over over seeing it. So OSHA is the only barrier to protect the public from a release of a bioagent from a private industry, a private biolab. So if we if you look at the book and what happens regarding my OSHA investigation, it's it's frightening.
Speaker 3: I mean, the public.
Speaker 4: Should be very, very concerned with a gap of oversight and the conflicts of interest within regulatory agencies that won't protect the public and workers and workers. So, I mean, I can go into a little bit about OSHA.
Speaker 3: I went there to try to get my exposure records because of my health. I was I was hospitalized.
Speaker 4: I had a horrible, terrifying illness, I wanted them to go in and inspect our department, which I have every right to by by law OSHA. If a worker goes in this, if there's major problems, please go and inspect. Because other people were being ill too, I wasn't the only one, so those issues I was trying to bring forward a thirteen month inspection. Never went in to inspect the laboratory. They would not go into inspect the laboratory. Unbelievably. I kept asking, I was writing letters, what's going on? Why aren't you going because it was obvious we didn't have a break room that was standard protocol. You can't you know, you don't want your scientists to be eating and drinking with genetically engineered viruses or cancerous chemicals. We work with genetically engineered bacteria.
Speaker 3: So they never went.
Speaker 4: In to do an inspection, although they kept promising me they were.
Speaker 3: And then they ruled.
Speaker 4: Eventually that trade secrets superseded my right to receive exposure records for my healthcare, and that was what Phiser was claiming, and then OSHA went on the side of Pfiser. Now you can imagine if I can't get exposure records, wonder if a biological release happened into the community.
Speaker 3: Now might not be a pandemic. It might be a little epidemic within just a community.
Speaker 4: Like you know, do you think you're going to get you're going to be able to get information from a company that does that.
Speaker 3: No, so it'll be a mystery illness within your community that you have no idea where it's coming from. So these are issues.
Speaker 4: Are the regulatory gaps, oversight for workers and the public is it's very risky right now and we really do need some change.
Speaker 2: Wow, this is all very upsetting to hear. Our guest is Becky McLain. Becky McClain is the author of a book called Exposed. A Pfiser scientist battles corruption, lies and betrayal and becomes a biohazard whistleblower. So miss McLean at this point, So you were then when this was all happening and you became very sick. You were a woman about late thirties forty is that it? You were a young, strong woman.
Speaker 4: Well, I was around forty two, yes, very healthy when it happened.
Speaker 3: You know, no problems with my health, and all of a sudden.
Speaker 4: I've become exposed and get this terrifying illness, new illness, of course, because you have to realize genetically engineered viruses each are novel. You know, you can't just say it's a lent of virus each When you take a genetically engineered virus, all these different technologies can be cloned inside a virus to make them do things that are unnatural.
Speaker 3: More than likely it's going.
Speaker 4: To cause a new emerging disease more than likely if you have these genetically engineered viruses.
Speaker 2: All right, So this is a very serious topic. So then at this point when would not help you? Was not cooperative? You and your husband were, you know, just isolated, You were sick, you'd been terminated from Pfizer. Things were obviously not good. When did you decide that you needed to have an attorney to represent you? And how could you find an attorney who you felt had some understanding of the subject and would not be on the side of Pfizer.
Speaker 4: That's a very big problem, Yes, it is, especially if injured workers or workers.
Speaker 3: That you know, want a safer environment.
Speaker 4: I kept trying to find an attorney and they told me that workers have very little rights.
Speaker 3: So even if they and even if they.
Speaker 4: Did take my case, then attorneys that work for workers don't make much money if they uh if they do win, because there's there's caps, there's all types of controls about what workers can do about suing their their employer. So I had to struggle, struggle to get an attorney. I finally found an attorney initially, but he kept telling me don't go.
Speaker 3: This is prior to OSHA. Don't go to OSHA.
Speaker 4: They're not your friend. It's going to be worse. And if you do go to OSHA, I'm not going to represent you.
Speaker 3: Well.
Speaker 4: I eventually had to go to OSHA because they had fired me that I had no.
Speaker 3: Option, and there were.
Speaker 4: Major issues in the lab and people were becoming injured. I wanted OSHA to go in there and to help us fix these problems could because Pfizer would not address the safety issues.
Speaker 2: So when you were fired by Pfizer and you have got this first attorney who told you not to go to OSHA, what time frame does this? Does this well take three or four or five months?
Speaker 4: It took a few months to find my first attorney, and then when I went to OSHA, he he as he said he wouldn't represent me. So I had to go through a whole year a federal and investigations without an attorney. Can you imagine I was trying to find one. I couldn't find one, and it was just very, very difficult. I would always advise anybody going through a federal investigation to get an attorney, but I could not find one. No one wanted to work against OSHA and Advisor because they have so much money.
Speaker 3: You know, it's it's it's hard on attorneys in that regard.
Speaker 4: So one of the things that could improve this aspect is to allow attorneys to make a little bit more money that represent employees, because you can't. You can't spend ten years and make you know, ten thousand dollars or whatever an attorney can make. They just they make it very difficult to find an attorney that will help you. But eventually I after OSHA, which not only dropped my case, but they stabbed me in the back. They OSHA did they They were trying to silence it too. They didn't want this, these issues. They must have not wanted these issues to come out either. They within the first month of an ocean investigation. Now you have to remember, Joshua I had a lot of documentation about the safety issues because I had been on the safety committee, which is a whole other issue. We can we can talk about how they run their safety committee. But I had brought that to this federal agency, OSHA, documented by several scientists, not just me, and again they wouldn't do a safety inspection. And at the end, within one month, OSHA came to me and said, oh, we have to settle this case because OSHA doesn't Out of two hundred cases we tried to prosecute, only one has been successful.
Speaker 3: Uh. And so they wanted me to settle.
Speaker 4: And I said, no, I'm not going to talk about money until you do a safety inspection and get in there and see what what these major problems, problems are people are getting injured, and uh, they wouldn't do it.
Speaker 3: And they said if I didn't give them an amount to settle, they would terminate my my complaint right then.
Speaker 4: I mean all this and remember I didn't have an attorney. I was a little bit naive. I was like, what is going on here? So OSHA's character was really in favor of Pfizer of trying to uh squash my complaint. Now at the end, Uh, they did, they stole my attorney client privile privileged documents during one of my interviews with them, did Ohsha stole my attorney client privileged documents?
Speaker 3: Uh? And that's in the book. You'll you'll see how that happens.
Speaker 4: And then at the very end they throw out my case and say they say that I filed the complaint to get money after I mean, I had legitimate documentation. This was this was not you know. So it was very disappointing. Not I mean more than disappointing. It was frightful that they're they're not protecting the workers and they're not protecting the public.
Speaker 3: And my attorney was right.
Speaker 4: I couldn't believe my attorney kept saying, oh is not your friend, OSHA's not your friend. Well, the laws say, ohsh is your friend. But they're surely not protecting workers. And remember Osh is the only barrier between a release from a bio biolab to the public. So they're not protecting the public either.
Speaker 2: Wow, Okay, I'll guess is Becky McLean also have exposed affiser scientist battles corruption, lies and betrayal and becomes a biohazard whistleblower. So Mims McLean, what happened then with OSHA, you know, not doing their job, not protecting the public. What what did you and you didn't have an attorney, what's the next step? What did you do?
Speaker 3: Well?
Speaker 4: We were we kept searching and searching for attorney, and finally a local attorney, he was a worker's comp attorney, picked up my case and he understood, uh the ramifications of public health and safety of ramification.
Speaker 3: He was just a good guy, Bruce Newman and h he said he'll fight for me.
Speaker 4: And so that was such a big relief to finally get some legal help with this.
Speaker 3: I had been hospitalized already. I had this.
Speaker 4: Horrible illness that slowly progressed from initially my face first becoming numb todemic muscle pain, to headaches, and then it I had I started getting spinal pain and then too drops of periodic paralysis intermitted with extreme spinal pain that that these attacks would happen twenty times a month. So my life side, I could hardly even function less alone. So when OSHA dropped the case and wouldn't do anything, my only uh legal path that I had was to file a civil suit to try to get my exposure records. PISER still would not give me records for my medical care after being hospitalized, after being you know, it was just awful. And exposure records are just the identity of what you were exposed to, so you could form some sort of direct medical care or investigation.
Speaker 3: But I couldn't get that. I couldn't get anything.
Speaker 4: So thank god, Bruce Newman filed a lawsuit to try to get my exposure records and to in a civil claim against the whistleblower because I had been fired and I had been injured.
Speaker 2: Yes, and then and then and now. Okay, so luckily have a very decent attorney. Now, and you are very sick, and obviously it's kind of if I can put it this way, it's a novel illness. So any of the physicians you're going to think, we have no idea what this is. They had no idea, So you must have felt very alone, thinking, oh, no, no one has any idea what my problem is. No one has any idea what to do for me. I'm sick, I've been fired by a major cooperation with huge dollars in political cloud. So it must have been a very difficult number of years for you.
Speaker 4: Oh yes, very very difficult, very stressful, both for my husband and I.
Speaker 3: Though yeah, I I it's it's very hard.
Speaker 4: To even even even talk about it at a time, how stressful it was to be to have this illness that no one knew what was going on, and uh, it was so debilitating and crippling that it was it was hard to do anything.
Speaker 3: But it wasn't only only.
Speaker 4: That when when I went to the doctors and I finally realized that I had been exposed to the to an infectious agent, and I will I'll tell you. At this time, H Pfizer was ordered to release a description of the virus.
Speaker 2: Okay, yes, they were.
Speaker 3: Ordered to, uh give me a description. And that's when I found out it was a human infectious agent.
Speaker 2: And it was so let me ask you this question. Similar words, you got this information because your attorney filed the necessary paperwork and the courts responded and Piser was forced to give you this information.
Speaker 4: No, let's back up a little. During the Ocean investigation. In the middle of the Ocean investigation, Pfiser fired me and Osha. At the time, I kept saying, I need my exposure records, I need my exposure records, and they wouldn't do anything. When they fired me. Ohsha ordered Pfiser to give me a description, not the actual exposure record. The exposure record will be the genetic code of the virus, so you can decipher what elements are in there to cause a disease. They just gave me a description and the description it was an agent that could infect humans through their eyes, through their if you touch it, if you breathe it, because it was genetically engineered with this gain of function VSVG function. So I knew that by that time, I kne knew I had been exposed to a genetically engineered virus. And then I further wanted my exposure records to get the genetic coast so I could bring them to a doctor.
Speaker 3: To say, hey, here's this virus. What how can we what can we do?
Speaker 4: I've been exposed to genetically engineered virus well, and so when I went to doctors, what were the problem was when I went to doctors and I said, uh, I told them about Now I'm telling them about the issue because I know I've been exposed.
Speaker 3: I couldn't get one doctor to advocate to write a letter to to force.
Speaker 4: Pfiser to get my exposure records because of the conflicts of interest in the medical and academic community regarding.
Speaker 3: Pfizer and the big money.
Speaker 4: That that's happening between academia and big business now, and that's because of the BIDO law that that was an active nineteen eighty When would they allowed patents pub publicly funded research, publicly funded from our from our purses, from our pockets. They're allowing patents to be licensed through academia to private industry.
Speaker 3: Now since nineteen eighties, the bio.
Speaker 4: Biotech industry has boomed because of this, and they they put this law into to in effect to generate innovation.
Speaker 3: But I would.
Speaker 4: Say, I would ask the public has it really worked?
Speaker 3: I mean, has it? Who is who has ever had an embryonic stem cell treatment? What type of advanced treatments? Have people got?
Speaker 4: What we've what we've gotten, We've got a bought off academic institute that no longer prioritize is public interest. They prioritize making money on biotechnology. So the bi Dole law has swung it way far to away from public advocacy and that I really do believe that needs to be addressed in that regard. So I'm sick, I'm going to doctors they're afraid of Pfiser. I go to academic institutes, medical institutes who are getting not For example, I went to Yale Occupational Health to have them be evaluated.
Speaker 3: They were getting that department was getting nine hundred thousand dollars from Peiser. Nine hundred thousand dollars.
Speaker 4: Well, do you think they're going to go against Pviiser and ask for my exposure records when they're getting nine hundred thousand dollars. No, they can't lose that.
Speaker 3: They can't lose that type of funding for their department.
Speaker 4: So the conflicts of interests now also inhibit the public to understand and to see injured workers and workers uh biotech complaints brought forward because it's silence through all these this systemic conflicts of interest.
Speaker 2: Our guest is Becky McLain. Becky McClain, a former Parser scientist who wrote the book Exposed a Piser scientist battles corruption, lies, and betrayal and becomes a biohazard whistleblower. So, miss McLain, what then happened? Now that you know you have an attorney, you've received the paperwork about the type of illness? What what what happens then?
Speaker 4: Well, the only way I could get my exposure records was to file a civil lawsuit and through discovery get them.
Speaker 3: Okay, so that's that's that's I'm struggling to get this.
Speaker 4: Finally, my h attorney does get a partial sequence of the virus I was exposed to.
Speaker 3: Partial. They would not give me the I think Pizer.
Speaker 4: Was trying to not give me the whole sequence, so I couldn't get tested.
Speaker 3: Okay, you need you need the whole sequence.
Speaker 4: But what they did give me, they gave me a sequence that with with certain technologies in it, uh that you can decode and you can figure out what these these these technologies are. Okay, you have to be a molecular biologist. But I was a molecular biologist, so I could I could.
Speaker 3: Do all this and uh uh.
Speaker 4: One of the technologies that they placed inside the virus is called s h r N a technology. And I'll just make it try to make it simple metaphorically. It's it's like it's it's like, uh, the Tomahawk cruise missile that they chewed off from a Navy carrier. It they put a GPS unit on the missile and they can strike a building precisely that type of technology we have on a molecular level that we can clone in one of these shr and A technologies to silence or destroy gene products of our choosing. It's a technology that we use to for exact example, to make disease state models in the laboratory. It's it's a it's called a dual purpose technology that is used.
Speaker 3: You can use it for good or you could use.
Speaker 4: It but for bad if if if it's in the wrong hands. But in our laboratory, embryonic stem cell laboratory, we're trying to make disease state models. So I found out by this first release that this s HRNA UH was predicted to cause periodic paralysis.
Speaker 3: So that was a independent study thing I had to do with it.
Speaker 4: It came from a database from the United States Nuclear DNA database and the prediction was, if you're exposed to this virus, you're going to be dropping to paralysis. Well, I had already been hospitalized a couple of times with dozens of ambulance rise with a diagnosis of periodic transient periodic paralysis.
Speaker 3: They didn't understand why.
Speaker 4: I was having this, and that it's because the virus destroyed potassium channels. So I had evidence, very concrete evidence that my exposure led to this illness.
Speaker 3: So now I needed the full sequence so I could get medical care.
Speaker 4: And that's why then Pizer just denied they wouldn't give us anything else. So I went to trial. And that's a whole nother story. It's a whole nother.
Speaker 3: Beginning because there's other conflicts of interest.
Speaker 4: The judge was obviously biased when we started the trial. She wouldn't let any of my injuries, injury or exposures in front to be told in front of the.
Speaker 3: Jury.
Speaker 4: And at the end, I did win. I won one point three million dollars for the ten years that for back pay for my retaliation. They had to pay me for my work. But I didn't get any future loss because I lost my career and I didn't get any compensation for my illness, and I never got health care for my illness directed health care from that. And at the end that we find out that the judge finally discloses she has a conflict of interest.
Speaker 3: Her husband was working with Visor. Her husband was.
Speaker 4: Working with Visor, and he was also working in a three hundred million dollar investment firm for BRIONI.
Speaker 2: Stemselves Okay, listen, So our guest has been Becky McClain, author of a great book called Exposed. A Farsi scientist battles corruption, lies and betrayal and becomes a biohazard whistleblower. Becky McLain, Forward by Ralph Nader, published by Scars Publishing. This is just such a remarkable story, frightening quite frankly, it's quite frankly frightening. But I think we as American people and people of the world need to understand what's happening. We're going to have to have Becky McLain on again to really go through this. It's just remarkable and we need to know. And Becky actually has a historical very important because of the case he won in twenty ten. Again, the book is called Exposed by Becky A. McClain. We'll have Becky McLain on the show again. This is Josh Lane. You're listening to. Here's to your Health. We take a short break and we'll be right back after these important messages.
Speaker 9: Hi friends. Monica Brandt here for all alife number one in alo Vera as a professional international athlete for over thirty years between track, Ninja and Fitness, I want to remind you.
Speaker 3: Of daily exercise plus al Alife.
Speaker 9: I daily wake up to look and feel your best.
Speaker 3: All Alife products boosted.
Speaker 9: Victory for me in twenty sixteen, winning first place World's European Union figure sealolife dot Com athletes plus workouts are easier too, with Allo Life products for digestion, energy and stamina for success or even dropping weight. It's so easy, friends, to choose a winning team alo goold or detox plus with certified organic daily greens.
Speaker 3: Superfoods by all Alife.
Speaker 9: Be your own best athlete with all Alife products that work fast al alife dot Com.
Speaker 3: Or one eight hundred or one four 'lo.
Speaker 9: Choose Allolife today, friends, I'm glad I did. This is Monica Brandt, Fitness Olympia champion and fan of al Alife for over ten years. Al Alife since nineteen ninety one.
Speaker 6: The Latest from the Greatest, the best in new music by classic rockers, with your host the Insane Darryl Wayne.
Speaker 3: This is Alice Cooper and Daryl Wayne is insane? What does that make me?
Speaker 7: Criminally insane?
Speaker 3: Stick around to find out.
Speaker 7: Many of the artist interviews from the Latest from the Greatest have been captured on audio book. There is a volume one. In volume two, great information and conversations with people in the industry and people surrounded by the industry, and of course the rock stars themselves.
Speaker 8: I'm the revenue agree, and you're listening to the Insane Daryl Wayne, and I said, Wayne insane.
Speaker 7: You can find it on Amazon or Blackstone Audio search for the latest from the Greatest from Daryl Wayne. D A R R E L L W A y Ne.
Speaker 9: Hello, this is weird All Yankovic and you're listening to the Insane darl.
Speaker 6: Wayne, aren't you.
Speaker 2: Thank you for listening to the show. If you have suggestions for guests or topics you would like to hear, please email me at Josh Lane Wellness at gmail dot com. That's Josh Lane Wellness at gmail dot com, j O. S. H. L A N E. Wellness at gmail dot com on behalf of the cast and crew. I would like to wish you a healthy and safe, good evening.