Speaker 1: The first nighter programmed a copyrighted feature of Coast to Coast, presented by Camvana, the makers of Solidaire, the new Cake makeup and cam Bana Bomb, the famous hand lotion. Theater Time Broadway is buzzing with excitement and eagerly waiting to welcome an opening night performance at the little theater off Times Square Head. The crowd of onlookers and photograph fans on hand of the entrance to greet the celebrities have always attended premiere on the Great White Way, so let's not miss a minute of the excitement.
Speaker 2: It's just a short walk.
Speaker 3: Around the corner.
Speaker 4: Will you join me?
Speaker 1: The lots of unicorns and the crowd denied at Broadway in forty second Street, so we cast.
Speaker 5: The seat here.
Speaker 1: Well, here we are as a little pay off.
Speaker 5: I'm square.
Speaker 1: Have your tickets ready, Please, have your tickets ready, please, said.
Speaker 2: Evening mister pres Nader.
Speaker 1: The usher will show you to your box. Thank you, We'll go right in. Well, here we are, and every seat is taken. Van Da Notices have heralded the Knight's players a thriller backing plenty of excitement, and every scene with the biggest surprise coming at the very end. Its title is The Chinese Gong, and it was written by arch Obler. Topping an all star cast is our popular leading Lady Barbara Luddy, and opposite Ms Luddy is her guest leading man, Alan Sult. The play is pure fiction, of course, and does not refer to real people or to actual events. And now before price curtain, let's listen to Eric Sega Chris first night of orchestra. Well, the signal ball bers certain, the house lies are und and here's the play.
Speaker 5: Well, well, when will we eat?
Speaker 1: John?
Speaker 5: Well, this is a dinner body, isn't it? John?
Speaker 4: Will you behave yourself? We're waiting for mister Wilton. He was unavoidably late, and I wish to hurry up.
Speaker 5: I'm hungry. What her room looks like a Chinese junk shot?
Speaker 4: How can you say such a thing?
Speaker 6: The Wilton's have one of the finest connections of Oriental art in this part of the country.
Speaker 4: I think this room is simply fascinating, fascinating.
Speaker 5: I think it's nothing but junk. Look look at this thing.
Speaker 2: What's it good for?
Speaker 7: John?
Speaker 6: That's a genuine Chinese gone.
Speaker 8: The chances are it's twice as old as you and me put together.
Speaker 5: Looks like a tin souper right to me? What it sounds like?
Speaker 4: John, don't you dare strike that gon?
Speaker 5: Oh, I'm not going to hurt it now you've done. Hi, George, that's got a nice tone. Just listen to it, John.
Speaker 3: Clark, No, don't do that.
Speaker 5: Always you weren't as well gone. I thought you were out of the room.
Speaker 4: Sorry, my dear, I totally not to strike it.
Speaker 2: Well.
Speaker 5: Will someone please tell me what harm there is in striking a gong?
Speaker 8: None whatsoever, mister Clark. But but you see, this doesn't happen.
Speaker 3: To be an ordinary gong?
Speaker 1: What do you mean this gong is?
Speaker 7: Oh?
Speaker 3: Here comes Bob.
Speaker 2: Hello everybody, I'm sorry, I'm so late.
Speaker 4: Good you mean, mister Wilton.
Speaker 9: Hello, I'm so glad you came, Bob.
Speaker 8: Mister Clark was just asking me about the gong.
Speaker 2: Say that reminds me?
Speaker 1: Did someone strike that gong just before I came in?
Speaker 8: Yes, dear, mister Clark struck it twice.
Speaker 3: I stopped him before he hit it the third time.
Speaker 2: Good, Say, what is all this?
Speaker 5: Is there?
Speaker 4: Something wrong with me?
Speaker 2: Always a gong? Oh, everything's all right, mister Clark.
Speaker 1: Just a little family superstition that's on you see this gong is Oh.
Speaker 2: Well, let's forget all about it.
Speaker 5: Forget it nothing, young man. I want to know what this is all about?
Speaker 3: Him?
Speaker 2: Yes, please tell us.
Speaker 4: It sounds simply fascinating.
Speaker 2: Well, I look here, Jeane, you tell the story. I don't tell it very well.
Speaker 3: You all right, Bob show we sit down.
Speaker 8: Ye, Well, the story of the Gong begins in Shanghai. Bob and I went there, you know, on our honeymoon. It was almost ten years ago.
Speaker 3: We were very young and very much in love.
Speaker 8: Now stay in China would have been simply perfect if it hadn't been for a certain man who decided.
Speaker 3: That he was in love with me. We'd met him on the boat.
Speaker 7: His name was Count Renkoff.
Speaker 5: But Count don't interrupt.
Speaker 8: Well, the Count's attentions to me became more and more insistent, until finally Bob decided to take matters into his own hands. One night, without my knowing anything about it, Bob went to see Renecroft to demand that he stopped annoying me. The Count was staying at the same hotel we were.
Speaker 2: Yes, please, just can't running off him?
Speaker 5: What name?
Speaker 4: Please?
Speaker 5: Who is it?
Speaker 1: Warm?
Speaker 5: Well? If it is not the bridegroom himself.
Speaker 1: Come in, Wilton, coming in? All right, this is an unexpected pleasure here here to take this chair by the window. Thank you warm boom?
Speaker 5: Now where did he go? Wh Yes?
Speaker 1: Please? Yeah you are Yeah.
Speaker 5: That will teach you to come the first time I call you. Go then no, colors Warm. I do not want to be disturbed.
Speaker 2: But I'm visiting with mister Wilton.
Speaker 5: Understand.
Speaker 2: Yes, please you may go and get out?
Speaker 5: Uh? Where now, Wilton? And what do I owe the pleasure of this little das I will.
Speaker 1: Be as brief and to the point as I can, running off. I came here to ask you to stay away from us.
Speaker 5: You want me to stay away?
Speaker 2: Yes. On the boat we couldn't help ourselves. We had to endure you.
Speaker 1: Now that we're in Shanghai, we want you to leave us alone.
Speaker 2: Do you understand?
Speaker 1: I understand better than you think, my young friend. So you are jealous?
Speaker 4: Huh.
Speaker 1: My own feelings have nothing to do with this. I'm here because of my wife. You're annoying her running off, and I want you to stay away from him. So I am annoying a little American woman. It is most amusing. It won't be so amusing if you persist in playing the Don Juan great scott Man. Can't you see when you're not wanted? My wife doesn't want your hand kissing, your cheap compliments. Shanghai is full of women who'd appreciate your expert continental love making. Why not give it to them? You are insulting and you're annoying. I've been as patient with you as I could possibly be. I thought an old man like you to have more sense.
Speaker 5: I sure not you it all.
Speaker 1: Tomorrow I will speak to a little one myself. I will tell you annoying my wife again, and I'll hit you so.
Speaker 2: Hard I'll jar your ancestors. You you threaten me, yes, running off?
Speaker 1: I threaten you.
Speaker 2: What do you want to do about it? I will report this strength till your.
Speaker 1: Heart report and be hanged. But I'm warning you for the last time. Stay away from me and stay away from my wife.
Speaker 8: Is that you, Bob?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Where have you been? I've been waiting for you for hours?
Speaker 2: Sorry, dear, I had some business to attend to. Ah.
Speaker 3: You didn't go to him?
Speaker 2: Well, oh Bob, you didn't, Yes, I did. I've stood all. I'm going to stand from that hand kissing four plusure.
Speaker 8: What did you do?
Speaker 1: I told him to leave us alone from now on? Oh Bob, you didn't, certainly I did.
Speaker 2: Gosh, Janie, No, you're not going to be angry at me?
Speaker 4: Are you angry?
Speaker 3: Bob?
Speaker 8: I've never been more pleased in all my life.
Speaker 3: Ah, you been a big abe.
Speaker 8: He might have been God's gift to the women on the vulga, but he certainly is the pest of Shanghai to me.
Speaker 1: Well, I guess I settle that. I'm sure he won't spoil our honeymoon anymore.
Speaker 8: Spoil our honeymoon all, Bobby Huck, could anyone spoil that?
Speaker 7: I love you so and I love you?
Speaker 3: Oh Bob, I'm so happy. It's It's been the most glorious honeymoon a woman ever has mm has been great, hasn't it. We could only stay like this forever.
Speaker 2: You you mean here in China?
Speaker 4: No, you silly?
Speaker 3: I mean so terribly, terribly in love.
Speaker 2: We will stay in love, Geenie. I'm going to see to that.
Speaker 9: He's about you, see to that.
Speaker 1: No matter what happened, Genie, the trouble with you is you've been cooped up in this hotel room too long.
Speaker 2: Come on, now, get dressed, we'll go places.
Speaker 5: Oh no, Bob, I'd rather stay in, stay in nothing.
Speaker 1: We realize we've been in Shanghai almost a week and you haven't even bought a souvenir, haven't I you know?
Speaker 2: Dog on what you haven't?
Speaker 5: Gosh?
Speaker 1: Gee, now this is normal behavior for a woman. Come on, now, get dressed and we go shopping. Aw buy you anything, anything at all, from a Chinese pagoda to a chapsuway factory.
Speaker 4: I haven't a prett young cut on the bush back of night play.
Speaker 1: And I'm going to do our time swear. Looking from hollywoods to New York and right across the country, girls and women are saying.
Speaker 6: Goodbye winter, hello springtime. I'm changing my complexion. Yes, I'm facing the world with a dewy, fresh Solitaire complexion because I love its thrilling smoothness. It's springtime colored tones, and when it comes to hiding freckles and small skinned blimases, Solitaire is just too clever for words.
Speaker 7: I know too.
Speaker 6: When I use Solitaire, my makeup will look fresh and thoughtless for hours and hours without redoing.
Speaker 1: So won't you join me in a beauty.
Speaker 6: Sealert to springtime, great Easter with one of the most important changes you can make in your appearance, a thrilling, exciting change in your complexion and beauty. Once you try Solitaire Campana's new cake makeup, you will want to start every day with the long, lingering loveliness of a Solitaire complexion. For nighttime dates, Solitaire will give you a bewitching charm that you never dream possible.
Speaker 1: And is Solitaire kind to your skin?
Speaker 6: A durably kind because Solitaire has a rich lanolar base that helps prevent skin dryness.
Speaker 1: All right, ladies, isn't that a challenge to match the new season's loveliness with a new loveliness of your own. Ask for Solitaire cake makeup in any one of six flattering shades, and remember, Solitaire gives you a big compact three inches in diameter for only sixty cents. There's also a handy twenty five cent trial size. Insist on Solitaire cake makeup containing Lanolin, a product of Campanas, A life of Him. And then here's the second act. The Chinese Gone, but.
Speaker 3: Bob, we simply have to buy something. We call it over Practically everything the old man has in the shot.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but his price is genial, but he doubled him and then leasaw us coming.
Speaker 6: She comes.
Speaker 4: Yeah, me see a blace. Let I speak up handcoff good jade, no glass?
Speaker 9: Oh they're beautiful, very.
Speaker 4: Cheap city dollar.
Speaker 1: Fifty dollars a lock care, mister Santai. We'd like to do business with you. But get this straight.
Speaker 2: We're not millionaires by a long shot.
Speaker 4: Too much mine, Well.
Speaker 2: That's the general idea.
Speaker 8: Yes, oh forty five dollars you know really, Bob, I don't want this jade at any price.
Speaker 3: Listens to tye. What we would like is something.
Speaker 8: We can take home with us.
Speaker 3: Do is use around the house? I mean a vase or am there's something of that surce.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I know. Look see very fine race. No no, wait this gone? How much?
Speaker 5: Is it? No?
Speaker 8: No?
Speaker 4: Gone?
Speaker 6: Yes?
Speaker 1: Yes gone? Missus?
Speaker 2: What wants that gone? She gets it? How much?
Speaker 8: Oh?
Speaker 3: Wait, Bob, I want to hear the trone first.
Speaker 9: Beauty is?
Speaker 2: It's all right?
Speaker 1: Hit it again?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 3: I want this gun, boss.
Speaker 2: That's enthusiastic. If you want me to bucks for it, come on, that's my turn. Let me hit it. No, no, no more, what do you mean you do want me to hit it?
Speaker 4: Again. No, no, no, hit it one time or like two time or like preay time? No good?
Speaker 3: You mean it's a bad lot to hit the gun three times?
Speaker 4: Yes, missy, by luck, very by luck? Uh tallible thing happened?
Speaker 2: Yeah, all right? What's the bad news?
Speaker 4: How much you want to buy?
Speaker 2: Sure? I want to buy?
Speaker 5: How much?
Speaker 4: Fifteen dollars?
Speaker 2: So Jeane? The gonge's yours.
Speaker 3: I'm not so sure I wanted.
Speaker 2: Now what do you mean because of what he said?
Speaker 5: I forget it.
Speaker 2: That's one of those silly superstitions. Come on, you tell you wrap it up. We're taking it with us.
Speaker 4: All right, meet up, but don't forget. Don't never hit gong three time one day? Bade luck? Meet up?
Speaker 5: By bye luck?
Speaker 9: Are you big baby?
Speaker 3: Will you please get away from that gun?
Speaker 2: Yst Geane? This thing intrigues me.
Speaker 1: What do you say?
Speaker 2: Was swatted again? And see what happens?
Speaker 3: Oh Bob, you don't really think anything?
Speaker 9: What happened to you?
Speaker 2: Well, don't forget what the old man said.
Speaker 5: Don't hit three time one day? Day, bid blocker.
Speaker 4: Terrible thing happened at that terrible thing.
Speaker 3: Wouldn't we be embarrassed if you hit it in the hotel?
Speaker 1: Yeah, when me and my pink pajamas, that'd be terrible.
Speaker 8: Alright, we'll go on hit it, uh you mean hit the gone certainly. Maybe we'll start a nice exciting earthquake or don't they have earthquakes in Shanghai?
Speaker 3: But what are you waiting for?
Speaker 9: Well, I was just thinking, I'll be Don't tell me you've lost your nerve.
Speaker 1: Oh gosh, Gene, it isn't a matter of nerve. But I was just thinking, after all, this is the Orient. Funny things do happen?
Speaker 3: Oh, your big baby, give me that mallee.
Speaker 7: Well, now hold on your hat.
Speaker 3: Because I'm going to give this gung the fatal third stroke. It is the last thing I do. Here it goes.
Speaker 5: You did it?
Speaker 4: Certainly did.
Speaker 9: Well?
Speaker 3: When does the excitement start? When does the.
Speaker 2: Oh, bob oh go see who it is? Yes? What misedu ab yell? Do yes, I am from Shanghai.
Speaker 1: Please, department, you will come with.
Speaker 3: Me, please?
Speaker 1: But but why I have here while for yours you are charged with the murder of cat Nicholas Renika. There's something I can do, I'm afraid not, missus Wilton.
Speaker 2: All we can do is.
Speaker 3: Wait, own bob, and that's filthy. Sellah, I can't burn him.
Speaker 10: Please trying to control yourself, Missus Wilton, you make it very difficult.
Speaker 3: I'm sorry.
Speaker 10: As you're a lawyer, I assure you won't have done everything possible. But we want to speak Duntley the law mistake his course.
Speaker 3: But Bob didn't kill any corse.
Speaker 1: I know he didn't.
Speaker 10: Of course he didn't, Missus Wilton. But I assure you there's nothing further I can do.
Speaker 2: We can only wait, wait, wait.
Speaker 3: I'm going cueenly waiting day out to day in the hotel room.
Speaker 4: I tell you I can't say any more.
Speaker 3: Why would they believe Bob? He didn't kill that man? Everyone knows he didn't.
Speaker 10: Unfortunately, Missus Wilton, the evidence in the case indicates otherwise. What now, Please understand me. I'm not saying that I believe the evidence, but there it is, and it's quite damning to say the least. Your husband was overheard quarreling with Count Rennakoff. He threatened the man with bodily harm unless he ceased his might. I say, unwelcome attentions to you, But.
Speaker 3: They didn't prove anything.
Speaker 10: No, perhaps not for a few hours later, Count Rennikoff was found murdered, a knife in his back along that life for the fingerprints of your husband.
Speaker 2: Oh no, I assure you.
Speaker 10: I'm telling you the facts, mister Wilton. Your husband's fingerprints were right there on the handle of the dagger.
Speaker 2: I saw them there myself.
Speaker 3: But that's impossible.
Speaker 10: Quite and yet it's the very evidence that will put of noose around his neck.
Speaker 8: Oh no, sorry, wait, it's best to face it now. I know Bob will hang him as we do something.
Speaker 2: I know you will.
Speaker 10: Those fingerprints on the dagger, I'll tell you, it's almost as if some power of evil had put them there, as if some supernatural Why missus Wilton, what's the matter?
Speaker 4: I I just relive what speak up?
Speaker 2: Child?
Speaker 3: But it was nothing at all.
Speaker 10: I say, you gave me a bad time for a moment there your face went. So why do I thought something goes wrong? I say, you had a pretty rocket time.
Speaker 2: I would, haven't you?
Speaker 10: Okay, my China, why don't you appeal to the American consul again?
Speaker 2: Perhaps he can do I.
Speaker 8: Just came from the consulate who he says, there's nothing you can do.
Speaker 10: Yes, I expected that. Count Running Compass, a very influential figure in Chinese nationalistic circles you issued, you know, if the American authority is trying to interfere, well, all sorts of international complications.
Speaker 8: Matterize international complications.
Speaker 1: What do they mean to me?
Speaker 3: It's Bob, I want.
Speaker 5: Now you have.
Speaker 3: In that, please, Bob. Oh Jean, Oh Bob, what have they done to you?
Speaker 5: So what?
Speaker 7: Oh?
Speaker 2: I'm all right, really I am. Oh my darling, let me hold you close.
Speaker 3: Oh Bobby, what's happened to us? We were so happy?
Speaker 1: It's that gone genie, that confounded Chinese gone.
Speaker 3: Oh no, Bob, that can't be it it it just happened, that's all.
Speaker 1: I'm half crazy with worrying Tomorrow they're going to try me for murder.
Speaker 2: Geene me, Bob Wilton, murderer.
Speaker 1: Bob. Please, I'm sorry there these weeks in this filthy hole, and it's not myself, I guess, Oh, my darling.
Speaker 3: Not a horrible not give Oh no, Bob, please don't see that. Those days we had to get it. Let's not forget them, glorious days, and we'll have them all over again.
Speaker 2: I know we will, Yes, Jean, we will. I'm going to be brave, as brave as you are.
Speaker 1: It's the one thing that's kept me saying all these horrible weeks, knowing that you were outside waiting for me.
Speaker 3: Yes, Bob, I'm waiting for you.
Speaker 7: I'll always wait, Darling, I'm a vision dumpound On the second night, nice play and a little.
Speaker 1: Flatter all time square.
Speaker 5: Bucking our stairs in the outer lobby.
Speaker 1: Please. Everywhere you go, women are doing extra work, subjecting their hands to extra punishment. Yet have you noticed how some women keep those busy hands well groomed, soft and youthful looking.
Speaker 6: You can do it too by choosing original campound a bomb when work and weather threatened to make your hands look coarse and unlovely.
Speaker 3: Begin tomorrow using a room original.
Speaker 6: Campana bomb before you start work as protection against dirt and grime, and be sure to use it every time after your hands a biting water. Also to help bring back the soft, adorable smoothness that your skin loses when you scrub it frequently with soap and water. Original Campana bomb acts so quickly and with such positive results that you too will soon be calling it the before and after lotion. Remember that smooth, protected, unchecked hands add to your efficiency, both to your morale and please the man who holds them.
Speaker 1: Lack of certain basic ingredients for a while caused the shortage of original Campana Bomb. We're happy to say that these ingredients are again available and your dealer can now obtain supplies of original Campana Bomb. If he does not have it, ask him to order it for you from his wholesaler.
Speaker 6: If you prefer a lighter lotion, ask for the new Campana cream Bomb, the creamy lotion with Lanylin.
Speaker 1: Be sure you get either original Campana Bomb in the green and white cotton or of the new Campanah cream Bomb in the yellow and white cotton. The first night is alone and Lacy's playing on the last night, and there goes the gain.
Speaker 3: The good please yes, the anible.
Speaker 8: Soon.
Speaker 9: Tie want to see you?
Speaker 8: Please?
Speaker 3: No, no, I don't want to see anyone today.
Speaker 7: He said, mon please Missy, all right, show him in whoever he is. Thank you, please you come in?
Speaker 3: Please?
Speaker 7: Well, what is it?
Speaker 3: What can I do for you?
Speaker 5: Missus?
Speaker 8: Soon? Tie?
Speaker 4: You remember me? Please? Soon? Die?
Speaker 3: No, I'm afraid I don't.
Speaker 7: Oh, yes I do.
Speaker 8: You're you?
Speaker 5: Old man in the empty.
Speaker 4: Cher said I I saw you gone.
Speaker 8: Yes, you you did sell us the gong, didn't you? I say, Well, what is it you want to, I don't want to buy anything.
Speaker 4: Soon Ti no com sell? Then what do you want? Mita Wilton? He very much trouble. Now he flys to mollow looking very bad. No, he's very bad, Mitter Wilton. Nor kill that man?
Speaker 3: No, no, of course he didn't.
Speaker 4: Please go away.
Speaker 3: I'm very tired.
Speaker 4: I'll see you some other to wait. Please I help.
Speaker 3: You can't help us, No one can help.
Speaker 2: Us, know what?
Speaker 4: Please Missie, don't fly. I have miss Wilton, good man and a cough Eva.
Speaker 5: I know.
Speaker 4: Please go now, no, Missie, please Lisa Shonti very old man. You know many things? You know, mister Whitton. No kill man?
Speaker 3: But what good does that do?
Speaker 8: They're trying my husband from murder tomorrow and neither you, nor I nor anyone else can stop.
Speaker 4: Oh yes, please Sontai stop? What do you mean soon?
Speaker 2: Thai?
Speaker 4: Know who killed Eva? One?
Speaker 8: You know who killed Rennicoff?
Speaker 4: Yeah? I know who?
Speaker 3: Tell me who.
Speaker 4: My son?
Speaker 3: Your son?
Speaker 7: You Rennicoff?
Speaker 4: Yeah? My sirdborn Wong Wang Lennikoff, shaven Leannakoff, Eva man he beatn Wang many time? Wang kill him?
Speaker 8: But put My husband's fingerprints were on the knife.
Speaker 4: And no want tell me mitter, Wilton, come talk, Lennikoff. Mitter, Wilton is very angry. He picked knife up on table, I talk, put knife down, go away, Wang wear kitchen glove, No show a knife.
Speaker 8: Why see Bob handled the knife while he was talking to Renekoff.
Speaker 3: But it is angry.
Speaker 8: He didn't realize it that then when Bob went away, Renikoff, shit, your son, your son stabbed him, and since your son was wearing gloves, only Bob's fingerprints.
Speaker 3: Appeared on the knife head lie. Oh so, but what's the use The police will never believe that.
Speaker 4: Oh, yes, police, you believe. See Wong light everything down on paper.
Speaker 3: You mean that's a confession.
Speaker 4: Yeah, please, Wong light everything. Chinese policy savvy.
Speaker 3: But but I don't understand your own son. They'll hang me.
Speaker 4: Bah no hang wang wang good boy China so big, won't go far away?
Speaker 3: But why why are you helping me?
Speaker 4: A stranger? My family very old, very humble, nor can see good man die? So I come see you?
Speaker 7: Oh bless you bless Oh.
Speaker 4: No no no me she please no, cly everything fixed everything old? Goodbye?
Speaker 9: Please well gee run our way yestop on our way home.
Speaker 2: At a grand word, isn't it?
Speaker 8: Oh?
Speaker 3: Bob, there, put your arm around me.
Speaker 8: I always want to remember my last glimpse of China like this, you beside me and your arm tired around me.
Speaker 1: China.
Speaker 2: I suppose I should hate the place after what happened to us there, And yet somehow I don't.
Speaker 4: Of course you don't.
Speaker 8: We'll always remember China, not for those terrible weeks, but because of what we've been through. Is it's brot us so very close together, as if we'd been married for many years instead of just a few weeks.
Speaker 2: Yes, I guess that's right, isn't it. We are close together anyway?
Speaker 8: Oh, yes, Bob, I'm going to stay that way forever.
Speaker 2: Oh dear, I forgot to ask you that gone.
Speaker 9: What did you do with it?
Speaker 8: Sits down below in one of the trunks.
Speaker 2: You mean to say you didn't throw it away?
Speaker 4: Well, of course not.
Speaker 7: Why should I throw it away?
Speaker 2: Well, because of the bad luck it brought us? Don't tell me you've forgotten already.
Speaker 8: But Gong didn't bring us any bad luck, Bob, it's a stroke of good luck.
Speaker 9: I'm buying it.
Speaker 10: How do you figure that?
Speaker 8: Well? If we hadn't gone to soon time for the Gong, he'd never have known who we were, he'd never have come to.
Speaker 3: Me with his son's confession.
Speaker 2: Well, that's one way to look at it. But believe me, I'll never strike that gong three times again. You can bet on that.
Speaker 8: So there's the story of the gone folks from that day to day's night. A babner, I have struck it three times.
Speaker 4: We're not superstitious, but.
Speaker 2: We know when to leave well enough alone.
Speaker 5: Hi joorge. That was an interesting story, wasn't it?
Speaker 2: Though? Oh?
Speaker 4: John, Just think what might have happened if you'd hit it a third time.
Speaker 5: Yes, I'll have to admit, missus Wilton, and I'm glad you stopped me before I struck this thing.
Speaker 1: Ex certainly was a close call.
Speaker 5: I had my hand raised like this, you hit me.
Speaker 4: I didn't mean to What happens?
Speaker 3: That was the third time?
Speaker 2: What will happen now? Well, I don't know, Bob.
Speaker 3: It happened just like that night in Shanghai.
Speaker 4: I'm going to.
Speaker 2: Beat come in. Well, what is it?
Speaker 3: Yes, to heaven's sake, speak up?
Speaker 2: What is it? What's happened?
Speaker 1: To think?
Speaker 4: Big bargain, madam?
Speaker 1: But dinner is uh? There's The walls are a lot of the hormones and a little way off games play.
Speaker 4: It's money, han't hester today are in front of.
Speaker 1: The hood life.
Speaker 2: There's the first patters like it.
Speaker 4: Listen to me a proud.
Speaker 1: We've only move out of the theater. Let me invite you to be with us again next week after saving gimes. My special request were ending next week of beautiful play about Easter. It's entitled the Third Day Special. Eastern music will accompany the drama. Be sure to tell your family, including your children and your friends to listen to this special Easter performance. Are you saving old newspapers, magazines, paper bags and boxes. Paper is a vital war material and there's a serious shortage. Send your waste paper or give it to a local charity. And now we move out of the paper and into the street.
Speaker 2: What do you say we stroll down Broadway? Good night, mister first senter good night.
Speaker 1: The First Nighter program is a copyrighted radio feature. Don't be tormented by itching. You can get soothing relief in a jiffy with DDD prescription. This soothing greaseless medicated liquid brings quick relief from itching caused by exzema, skin rash, industrial allergy. Get a thirty five cent trial bottle of DDD prescription from your druggist.
Speaker 2: Now this is mutual