Speaker 1: It is the Ben and Skin Show ninety seven point one the Eagle, and it is a crazy day, a lot of emotions for the people of the df DUB. But we got something for you, and that's Rollertown Beer Works, the brewery that Ben and I are partners in up there in Salina, Texas tonight. That's a great place to go watch the game because not only is it the home of Recovery Beer in honor of Luke, you can recover with twenty percent off all of our canned beers. Ben, this is our five year anniversary we called our Canniversary when we had to open during the pandemic only selling canned beers, and so we have twenty percent off all of our canned beers while supplies last, and some of them are going to go pretty quick. This is the first day of this, so get up there if you're in the northern Urbs, watch the game up there, have a Recovery beer, and celebrate Canniversary. It's a great place to feel close to your favorite local basketball team at a time like this. That's therapeutic and let's all get together for some group therapy. And there's a whole wall in there dedicated to dirty. It's Dirk Wall there's a beard dedicated to Dirk the big German. So it's a good place to beat to watch a game like this. Absolutely it is right now, it's time for this.
Speaker 2: This thing's big. It's big. You guys gonna go the game tonight?
Speaker 1: Uh yeah, I'm actually about to kick down the door and sprint there.
Speaker 3: So I'm uh, I'm really on the fence. I'm on the fence about this. Emotionally, I'm on the fence about this. Financially, I you know, for me to go to this game, I can't sit in the upper bowl. I'm too bougie. So for me, the cheapest seat in the lower bowl is about six hundred and fifty bucks. Now I have a media credential to get into the game, so I could get into the game for free, I would just roam about, which I don't love, and I'm not sure if I can find my media credential. Dude, how come no one ever says I'm on the gate about this. It's always on the fence. Well, the gate is the part that swings open and then you'd fall off if somebody opened it.
Speaker 1: Oh interesting, I thought the gate was like a different style of fence, like a chain leak gate.
Speaker 3: It's also the gate is the part that swings open and closed. And a gate is also the way that people like you remember when you commented on how much Katie's gate was sexy. Yeah, the gallop, the way they yes that felled g A I T What about you?
Speaker 2: Guys? Are Katie and Christina going, I'm going, Oh, I'm going the way she's dressed seats, aren't you?
Speaker 4: Like? Yeah, and like skin, I'm gonna like bolt there and get there as fast as I can because I'm sure people are already, you know, pack in the I almost said stadium, pack in the arena.
Speaker 1: It's the second, the second that I got out of my car way far away from you because someone took my parking space. I could tell Christina was going to the game because of how she's dressed.
Speaker 2: You're saying she got all dolled up for work today, she got she.
Speaker 1: Got Luca dolled up. There's a specific kind of dolled up. There's dolled up for concerts. There's dolled up for MAV game. She got Luca.
Speaker 2: Dolde Luca. We'll see if Luca plays. How come you won't answer the question, Kevin, I'll be there. Oh, let's go media credential man.
Speaker 4: I like to go up into the press box and get some of the corn and I sit next to Peasley, Corella and Tim Cato Okay, whip their ass.
Speaker 3: Do you mind if I go and shadow you and critique everything you do over the course of the night.
Speaker 4: Okay, I'm glad you. Honestly you should do that. You should find your press passes, go up to the press box with me. Yeah, because me and our buddy Matt from from MAVs Studio forty one, we all do TV shows for the MAVs and you know, uh, you can watch them all this week. Great crossover episode that Porch Basin did. How do you say his last name, physic? Because I've heard Chiswick a couple of times. I say Chiswick even if he says it the other way. I think that makes more sense. I'm gonna start going to Chiswick. Yeah, I think a physic.
Speaker 2: No, I'm not gonna think.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we're mapping out a bit because guess who's got to be back at the arena on Friday night for iHeart karaoke cam duties. That's right, why Cavio, So me and Matt are gonna map out a bit, you know, maybe a karaoke camp because you know, most fans don't have the pleasure to understand what it's like to see to be the featured guest.
Speaker 2: On karaoke cam.
Speaker 1: Right, I would say more than most fans, I'd say every fan does not know what it's like, since it's usually just an iHeart employee art.
Speaker 4: That's true, it's not always that though. When it's not that, it's very shippy. They still they turned the camera away after three seconds. I even asked last time, is like, do I even really need to do it? Because the camera guy just goes to the crowd. But so, the reason I'm doing it tonight is because last time they canceled it because it was in the aftermath of the trade. You're not doing it tonight, You're doing it Friday, doing it Friday night, okay.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 3: With regard to tonight, emotions are high. Emotions have been high since the moment this trade happened to where everybody in the world thought this is fake, This is a fake Shalm's account. No one has been able to make sense of this. I've never seen one person, no one person anywhere say yep, this trade makes sense. It's a great trade unless it's in the Lakers favor. And so the fact that this city, this town, this fan base was so in love with this guy that Devin Booker says, when you land, you can feel it. It's all different. I mean, he can Dirk, Dirk goes to uh Dirk. You know, you don't see Dirk at MAVs games, but you see Dirk at a Laker game, at Luca's first Laker game.
Speaker 2: So will Dirk return to the arena tonight?
Speaker 4: You know?
Speaker 2: It's like the emotions could not be higher.
Speaker 3: And I don't even know if we all know what to root for, Like we're all rooting for Luca.
Speaker 1: I'd be I'm not I'm rooting for the Mavericks. I'd be real surprised if Dirk wasn't here tonight, because I don't know, man, I think he would send such a weird message to be there in La and not be there in Dallas.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 3: But it also we'll send a message if Dirk is there tonight. Okay, he's been been there in a long time, but he's there for Luca. H that's powerful.
Speaker 2: Too.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's a good point. Whoof, But no, I will definitely be rooting for the Mavericks. They have an outside, it's very outside chance of securing the number nine seed in the playing which would be good. It'd be good to not have to fly to Sacramento. But man, that's a very outside chance, right. They gotta win tonight.
Speaker 3: But like, I'm rooting for the Mavericks too, but I'm also rooting for Luca. Like, I don't know that I'm rooting for the Lakers. I don't want them to win. I just I'm rooting for Luca. Man, that's our guy. You can't ask us to fall in love with this guy and rip our hearts out and trade him and then expect us to immediately not still be in love with the guy. And I think that's what the Metroplex is feeling. I think that's why this is so huge.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And I also think there's one nice little side effect of all of this for you know, mav fans, because they are paying at ten to the Lakers now, it's a unique opportunity for them to fall in love with Austin Reeves. Yeah, I feel like he has flown under Maverick fans radars in a.
Speaker 3: Way, and he shouldn't have He should have been in the trade. Like it didn't Windhorse say it was malpractice not to have him in the deal. Obviously that changes the deal, but it's like, how's he not in this deal?
Speaker 1: You know, that would have been cooler if Windhorse said that when the trade happened, as opposed to.
Speaker 2: I told you guys he was out of shape.
Speaker 1: Whinhurst did that for a week and now that he's realized everyone's on the other side of this, it is malpractice that they didn't get that little white guy in return.
Speaker 2: He's such a grand standard. You're minimizing him as you also hype him up.
Speaker 1: Windhurst. No, no, no, I've been on team Austin Reeves forever. He's one of the best stories. He's also a scratch golfer, undrafted, incredible value.
Speaker 2: Did you watch an Austin Reeves documentary or no.
Speaker 1: He's been one of the best stories in the NBA like the last two or three years.
Speaker 2: But it's with Elon on your Bingo card every day, so.
Speaker 1: You ever like cause you get the Bingos square for free. And so if I knock out Elon Austin Reeves and Porky's and there's.
Speaker 4: Really only brain Candy in there.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, do you guys see brain Candy? I think the the that's true. That's also on the bingo card.
Speaker 3: I think about the last night I felt this way, And we mentioned this earlier in the show six years ago, on this day, Dirk's final home game. Right, So that was a night where you just felt like you had to be there. You need to be in the stadium. Sure, you could watch it on TV, you can listen to it on the radio, all those things. But there's some magic and being at events like this, you know, whether it's some Nolan Ryan milestone or I don't know, some huge playoff games, something significant going on locally, some massive thing, feel compelled to be there. It pulls you like a magnetic force. And in town, I say, that's not the same thing.
Speaker 2: It depends on what time of year it is.
Speaker 1: If it's close sure to the trade deadline, it's intense for KT.
Speaker 3: For you, it's like Morgan Wallen or Jelly Roll being in town. You have to be at that concert.
Speaker 4: Gotta be there, man, those are the guys who played the most three basic three chords.
Speaker 2: Yep, yeah, that was not well executed.
Speaker 1: There's never there's never been a game like this in the history of Dallas Fort Worth. There's nothing maybe sports, maybe sports. There's really nothing to compare it to because even like when you know, Babe Ruth got traded, Uh, nobody went to baseball.
Speaker 2: Games back then. They had to work.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, they were just waiting for the economy to recover. It's a lot like now. But but there's never been anything like this, and the players are behind the scenes acknowledging there's never been anything like this. They expect to not be the home team.
Speaker 4: Usually a return of a player that's been traded, yeah, or something like that. It is a nasty thing. Yeah, it's never this like open arms welcome. It's usually bigger than our team.
Speaker 2: Thing.
Speaker 3: It's usually the player that requests the trade of a superstar leaves like that and you don't ever trade him if they are not requesting a trade in their twenty five Yeah, I.
Speaker 1: Think like even like the Lebron comparisons are so way off. You know, when Lebron left for Miami, people burned his jersey from Cleveland. Nobody was outside burning a Luca jersey. They were like they were doing nasty things to the home of the GM Like, there's never been a game like this in which a home team is playing in its building and it's almost going to feel like a neutral site at best. Yeah, and it's getting ready to come up right here on ninety seven point one the Eagle. I'm sure we will be talking about this tomorrow. Thank you for hanging out with us today. I'll never forget the time KT had the chance to look Luca dead in the eye and he said.
Speaker 4: Maybe you've lost a step, need a little more energy the low T center. There is something you should maybe try out.
Speaker 1: If only you had done that, we would have been able to keep all right, Mavericks postgame, Mavericks pregame rather is up next right here on night some point won the Eagle.
Speaker 2: There you going, You're all I'm in a recovered beer, alright,