Speaker 1: Here we go, Here we go, Here we go. Good morning. This is Ed McMahon and now ladies and gentlemen, ye.
Speaker 2: Ride right, oh, Kerry, Welcome aboard wild.
Speaker 1: Card Wednesday Smack Dab in the middle of the week. And most importantly, it is our friends over at Joe Myers Toyota. It is match Day. They are offering up five thousand dollars if you guys will go in and spend five thousand dollars in the rod Ryan Show Cares online store. It's our last big, big week. It's our last huge push to try to raise some funds so that we can get the backpacks full of school supplies for the kids. So that's gonna be talked about all morning long. We really need your help again today. Katy the cash Man going for win number three, fresh out of bed Head to Head Challenge. Chris Stapleden tickets in Homeroom on the Fun Fact Flashback, Monstra Jam tickets at seven twenty Suburbs Summer Sizzler, Tom Ball and Crosby go at it at A twenty. Rod Ryan showed twentieth anniversary Parting tickets at ninety ten Third Eye Blind tickets. We are up to row three. Now, as we're counting down to the first five rows for that big show Saturday night, Third Road tickets for Third Eye Blind will come on know the show ten percent chance of raign mostly sunny. I Am ninety six. Tessa has Houston's headlines.
Speaker 3: Hey, good morning, Rod, You're bringing home rooms and Vice President Kamala Harris is daring Donald Trump to debate her. She spoke at a campaign rally yesterday in front of about ten thousand supporters. She was in Atlanta, said Trump won't debate her, but he and his running mate seemed to have a lot to say about her. Trump was set to debate Joe Biden September tenth on ABC News before Biden dropped out of the race. So now Trump telling Fox News on Monday that he wanted to debate Harris but could make a case for not doing it.
Speaker 4: He previously said he would debate.
Speaker 3: Harris on September tenth, but not on ABC News. So that's what's going on on the national level there. And then here a little closer home, per court order, the floating barrier that our state had placed in the Rio Grande last year to deter illegal immigration is allowed to stay put The Fifth Circuit Court of Appeals handed down the ruling yesterday, striking down a lower court's decision to remove it. Texas had put up this barrier near Eagle Pass just over a year ago as part of Abbott's lone Star border security initiative. Someone snapped an amazing photo of an Olympic surfer seemingly just hovering in midair and some mobiles. Is now the most decorated US gymnast with eight medals, including five gold. These are just a couple of the stories you will have on our latest Olympic blog page. There is a rundown of the latest viral moments for the Olympics.
Speaker 4: We learned that.
Speaker 3: The team USA women's gymnastics team was f around and find out that was their nickname. And yeah, Simone basically completing her comeback yesterday per NBC's Olympic Twitter. Pretty cool moment for the us A women's gymnastic team. Let's talk about Elizabeth Banks, a pretty good actor, but she said she could have died on the set of her upcoming thriller Skincare. She was alone in her trailer eating her lunch and she started choking on a pee on.
Speaker 4: A pee that's right. She says.
Speaker 3: She threw the door open, couldn't make any noise, was so afraid, terrified. She happened to see someone who asked, are you choking, gave him the thumbs up sign, came over very calmly, gave her the Heimlich maneuver two times, and that pee dislodge. She says, that guy just walking by saved her life literally on the set scary.
Speaker 1: I've told you guys several times, if I go down early in life, like now it's baby carrot, baby carrot, I'll be in my kitchen by myself with a baby carrot lodged in my throat. I've choked, almost choked several times on my own.
Speaker 4: Now you gotta get you know, be on pee alert.
Speaker 1: Slamming my abdomen into my counter.
Speaker 4: Yeah, be ready.
Speaker 3: Let's talk about Dave Grohl because he got major dad points on TikTok. He has joined the at Summer hashtag with his daughter Harper. Really really funny cute moment between dad and daughter.
Speaker 4: If you want to go watch that on the music blog page.
Speaker 3: It's totally there, and all the comments are so funny. They're like, hey, your dad kind of looks like the drummer from Nirvana.
Speaker 4: Really cute. Those are Houston headlines.
Speaker 2: Taking Alex the ass rows. Fuck who started that one wrong? Yeah, the Astros fell to the Pirates last night sixty two. They're gonna wrap up their series with the Pirates tonight. Framber Val doesn't have been the man for this shows going up against Ja Pittsburgh's Jake Woodford first pitches at seven ten. You could listen to it on our sister station, Sports Talk seven ninety. The MLB trade deadline was yesterday. The Astros had already made a move to bring in starting pitcher you say, Kucci the day before yesterday they added another picture. They sent cash and a prospect to the Yankees for reliever Caleb Ferguson. Who's a guy. As a Yankees fan, he is a guy that you're gonna get mad at later on in the year. In Olympic news, Tmusa added six more medals to their total yesterday in Paris. Only one of them was gold. That was the women's gym now six team. It was the redeemed team, basically coming back to getting gold again. Women's rugby beat Australia. That was the most incredible finish. I know the gymnastics was awesome. It was the equivalent of like a hail Mary pass.
Speaker 1: I saw that run.
Speaker 2: They were losing. They were on their own ten yard line. Basically in football terms, ran the ball the way down sport. That was the only way they would have won the game. They had to make the kick to do it. Afterwards. It was absolutely insane. I've been I've not been more excited for anything happening when I was watching it than that says today.
Speaker 1: I said on the show, don't sleep on women's rugby, women's rugby and Alona, who I've been watching now she's at one point seven million.
Speaker 2: Followers killing it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's awesome.
Speaker 2: The men's soccer team also beat New Guinea three to nothing. US is the most total medals so far with twenty six, and we are behind Japan and China who have seven gold medals. We've got four total. In football news, we're just one day away from the start of the NFL preseason. Gang Texans are gonna kick it off and the Hall of Fame game tomorrow night taken on the Chicago Bears. None of the starters are gonna play, but football beyond you can tune into it and you'll feel like you'll feel like it's back. All right, guys, that is what's going on in spots.
Speaker 1: All right, here we go. It's a huge, huge morning for US wild Card Wednesday. That Joe Myers Toyota match Day. I need your help. I need you getting in that store today for sure. Again. I am modeling one of our great shirts. This is probably the third best seller in there. It's kind of the the old Astrodome ripoff shirts. All of our shirts are rip off shirts. Check us out on Facebook Live. Check us out on the x Live. Check us out on YouTube Live. You can watch the show, you can hear the show, join the show, interact with the show. Get it on the first phone call seven one, three two. The most interactive show on the radio starts right now.
Speaker 5: Shot God.
Speaker 1: Ninety four or five, The Buzz Good Morning rod Ryan Show, and it's gonna be like that all morning, long man, high energy today. We got to keep it up. Joe Myers Toyota match Day. It's it's our last chance, so really really raise some funds today. Joe Myyers too. I gotta said, Hey, five thousand dollars, it can be yours if you can get your listeners to match it. Meeting you guys spend five thousand dollars in the store today, so that's a ten thousand dollars day for us. Let me tell you, I need it. I need it bad. Okay, I do need it. We're passing out backpacks with our friends over at Houston's Houston Children's Charity on Saturday, full of school supplies and I haven't really crunched the numbers yet. It's just like I know I'm a little behind this year, so I could really use your help. Thank you guys so much. Man, I saw a bunch of you getting into the store already. Thank you. I look forward to those updates from dev all morning long. Working with our friends over at BMP. There's a brand new if I say, a gas station attendant shirt, do you know what that means? Does that make sense?
Speaker 2: On a collar bowling shirt? What's that bowling shirt? Is what it looks like today? This is a button down shirt right right? I feel like gas station intendant and bowling shirt are very similar descriptions like a Dicky's material. Almost she doesn't have the name, like you won't have your It was a rod on it, but it's got like the logo.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's got the logo. It's a twenty year anniversary. Like during the Grunge days, everyone knew what a gas station shirt was. It was a gas station attendant shirt. So that's what we're selling today. And there's a brand new twentieth anniversary cap in there. So there are some new things for you to look at in the store. So we'll get into that this morning. Kenny the cash man, you better be up and ready to go. I know you are. He is going for win number three ten percent chance of rain mostly Sonny high of ninety six today.
Speaker 6: It's now time for the first phone call of the day.
Speaker 1: Man Stefan is up this morning getting the first phone call Stephan. Good morning, Hey dude, talk to me. What do you got?
Speaker 6: Stiffed on my shoulder?
Speaker 1: But I can't hear this call. I don't Stefan, your phone is breaking up. If you have a source, I'm sorry if you.
Speaker 4: That's what I got from that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and I think he's upset that the Astros lost Stephan. I'm sorry I could not hear that call. Jilly checked the full lines to see if it was Stefan or the phones all right, listen, I got that's it. I'm up again. It's a break already, I got a break all right on the flip, got a rec check for you. We'll find out what's trending, and then we'll get set up for the fresh out of Bad head to head challenge.
Speaker 6: Houston's alternative and tell him at the rod Ryan Morning Show ninety four five The Buzz.
Speaker 1: Ninety four or five The Buzz. Welcome back rod Ryan's Show wild Card Wednesday. Listen, a lot of you. I can see already you have jumped into the rod Ryan Show Cares online store. Yes, there's new merch in there. Today is our match day with Joe Myers Toyota, so they're gonna offer up five thousand dollars. I'm looking to get five thousand dollars of you guys, of your money to be dropped in the store today. We cant up a ten thousand dollars day. That's gonna help out immensely with our backpack drive. Okay. All money goes to the rod Ryan Show Cares Foundation, and then we buy the backpacks full of school supplies, passing them out on Saturday. Let's go, man. Thank you everybody that's been in the store already ten percent chance of rain mostly sunny today, high of ninety six. Tessa has Houston's headlines.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's gonna be our first trend as a match day for you, said Joe Myers.
Speaker 1: Right, yeah, so real quick. The last person that was in there, I saw Ashley got in there with an I Jamie Thatcher, Thank you, Shannon Nurse d Joseph McGee, Adam, Adam got Adam the Cop got in there already two hundred bucks. Adam the Cop, Jesus Christ, thank you, Dallas Daniel again with another order. So you know, some of our favorite home roomers are already in there spending a lot of money.
Speaker 4: All right, Well, there you go.
Speaker 3: Homeroom is up and already working, and we'll be promoting that all day long.
Speaker 4: Backpacks already being distributed this Saturday. So really really important that we get this last push another trend.
Speaker 1: Well.
Speaker 3: Actually, Simone Biles has been dominating the news cycle. She's been the number one search on Google for the past three days. Her boyfriend or her husband, Jonathan Owens, he's the number two search because he was in the crowd. He got uh green Bay, the green Bay let him go watches uh the Bear, Oh no, oh yeah, he's on.
Speaker 4: The Bears now.
Speaker 3: The Bears allowed him to take a break from training camp to go support support Simone Biles, and uh yeah, pretty incredible what the US gymnastics team is doing. I was telling Alex their their leotard's for the for the group final.
Speaker 4: Really really cool, red white and.
Speaker 3: Blue, sunning league, kind of putting on a clinic on the beam, the whole team just being amazing. USA Women's gymnastic was just like textbook perfection.
Speaker 4: So that was really really cool.
Speaker 3: And then for our blog page, what do you know, well care Wednesday number one blog one, number one link. That's what everyone's looking at, That's what's trending on nighty for five of the Buzz.
Speaker 2: Worning Everybody's eight time Hall Famber, Henny the cash Man, still in it to win it. I know all you guys love Smoke Show of Carwa, but I gotta do what I gotta do.
Speaker 1: Join me on a Wednesday. We're gonna make it win number three seven one three two one two five. If you want to play Glorious suns so S ninety four five the Bus or five The Buzz, Good Morning, rod Ryan's Show, that's glorious, sons and sos. Ooh, fresh fish I see coming into the game. That's good news. Good morning everyone. Joe Myers Toyota match Day. I needs you in that Rod Ryan show Cares online store. I need you in that store today, man, thank you. There's some new merchant there and there is a chance just to donate some cash. Needs you in the store. CHILEI has that as the first link. It is Joe Myers Toyota match Day. We can do five thousand dollars today from Joe Myers and five thousand and I want to do five thousand dollars from you guys. I know it's a huge ask. I get it. Ten percent chance of rain mostly sunny hip ninety six.
Speaker 7: Let's play, and now it's time for the fresh out of bed head to head challenge.
Speaker 5: Listeners to your corners.
Speaker 1: All right, Kenny, good morning, Good morning, brother, Rod super SUPs up. Let's say good morning to Brandon. Good morning, good.
Speaker 2: Morning, bro.
Speaker 1: Fresh fish, yes.
Speaker 5: Yes, fresh fish and sticky plan name.
Speaker 1: Well. I don't know if you brought the sticky plantains, but you are fresh fish. Brandon. H Okay, dude's never played before. You want to make a name for yourself. Take out. Kenny the cash Man, a time Hall of Famer.
Speaker 2: Okay, we're going down.
Speaker 1: Okay, I like it. I like that attitude. What are they playing for?
Speaker 3: I've got a pair of tickets to see a comedian Sebastian Manascalo at Toyota Center.
Speaker 4: Matt Mantwalko Manuscalco scal Oh, it says Manuscalo.
Speaker 1: All right, here we go. Shout out your name when you think you know the answer. Kenny and Brandon, here we go. What water holding structure would you likely cannonball into?
Speaker 5: Brando?
Speaker 1: Hold your horse? Is there? Brandon? Kenny got in first. Kenny, say it again, please, thank you. Yeah, it's a correct answer. Step right into that phone, Kenny.
Speaker 2: You know I noticed the other day my food was volume was cutting in and out.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know what I'm complaining about you right now, step it up, turning the tables. He doesn't want to handle it. Kenny, got you. Kenny's got one. Here we go. Next question, Hey, Brandon, Yeah, he's pretty good. You gotta say your name. You gotta say your name quick. All right, all right, okay, here we go, fresh fish. Kenny the cash Man, What does a O L stand for okay, Kenny American Online or Alex Online. Also Alex online does it segment on the show at about nine twenty every day segment. It's uh, I don't know. I don't know if it's my favorite segment on the show. So, Brandon, you sped. I felt like if there was three and four questions, Brandon, you were getting better each question, but you just you just got to come out of the gate swinging. So first time playing. Would you play again with us? Yeah? I would. I would like to have you play again with us sometimes, Brandon, we gotta think about to you. All right, goodbye, Kenny, Brandon, Kenny, lean into that phone, bro.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't know what's going on Monday. It was kind of shoot too.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all right, maybe it's our phones. I can't even a bitch about you. That's uh, four wins for you. You're invited tomorrow on the show. It's ninety four or five the bus, ninety four or five the buzz, Good morning rod Ryan's Show. Thank you so much for having us on. I hope you're off to a great start. I don't know if that's our phones that are being weird. I don't know. I don't know, don't a time. I don't have time to monkey around with these phones today, trying to raise some money to get some backpacks full of school supplies. So many of you have jumped in there. Thank you, homeroom brother Mundo checking in. I had some extra overtime on my check this week, he said, So I made another trip to the store. Man, Thank you so much. You guys are generous. Bro. That new shirt is dope af I'm gonna wear that to the twentieth anniversary show after I win my tickets. Keep up the great work, loyalistener Mundo. So it looks like he picked up that new gas station attendant shirt. There's that, and then there's a brand new baseball cap in there, and it's a so on patch like that, and that was something that I don't think we have done before. So I like it a lot too. So brand new twentieth Anniversary merchandise in the store today, and it's our last real big push to get you guys in the Rod Ryan Show Cares online store.
Speaker 7: Bring that champion fresh out of bed head to head challenge.
Speaker 5: Here's your current champion.
Speaker 2: Good morning is a time ho famer Kenny the cash Man. That's still in your life now your fresheted bed head to head three day champion, and I planned on being here the rest of the week.
Speaker 1: Join me on Thursday when I make it win number four bites.
Speaker 2: All right, there you go as the fun.
Speaker 5: That's the day we make you look smart and your buddy's.
Speaker 2: That's the day.
Speaker 1: Well, we all have Olympic fever here on the Rob Ryan Show. And you know, not taking away from the girls with the gold yesterday, but the world is captivated by the nerdy dude from Team USA, the gymnastics guy Steve, Yeah, Steve, everybody's buddy Steve ned or sick yeah, anybody okay, uh, guy kind of a legend right now on a pommel horse. And when they say he's nerdy, he wears glasses, you know, and they're they're kind of comparing him to Clark Kent. The dude can solve a Rubik's cube in eight point six six seconds.
Speaker 4: So we're not calling him is a nerd. That's the best sort.
Speaker 1: According to his TikTok bio, eight point sixty six four seconds is his personal best. Earlier this year, he posted a video he did do it in less than ten seconds, so.
Speaker 2: I saw his girlfriend. Legend Twitter bio just says, miss pommel Horse.
Speaker 1: Oh nice, Okay, she's leaning into that. That little button on the top of your baseball cap. You got one on your NASA cap there.
Speaker 2: Who is he called a squatchy.
Speaker 1: It's called a squatchy. Whoa, it's called a squatchy and.
Speaker 2: It will break a TV. Don't throw your hat, didn't he Yeah?
Speaker 4: Didn't you have an incident with a.
Speaker 1: Squatchiness or somebody can come up and pop you on the head.
Speaker 2: That too a little sh show your hat mad at a game and it hits the TV in the red spot of crack si.
Speaker 1: Oh, somebody knows that from first hand experience. The guy that established Atari, which was really you know from me, it was the first time that my parents ever bought us something cool. We had an Atari early on. Now did they give us any more games?
Speaker 2: It came.
Speaker 1: It came with combat like what they have like, that's it pong. I think pong and combat and that's that's it. The guy that established Atari, he also started Chucky Cheese. That's neat unbelievable.
Speaker 5: It's the fuck back to the day.
Speaker 1: We make you look smart, everybody. It's the fun back to the day. What you're giving away?
Speaker 3: I have a pair of tickets to see Chris Stapleton on his All American Road Show at Minute Made Park that's going down August twenty fourth, Miranda Lambert and Grace Potter.
Speaker 1: On this You didn't kind of dangerous?
Speaker 4: Hear the gong? Nock?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 1: All right, here's what I'm gonna ask you to win those great tickets. No, not that that was I already did that one. Oh no today it says ask Wednesday.
Speaker 4: Wednesday.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, okay, No, No, I got this. I got this. This sport got a chance to be in the Olympics when it was added as a demonstration sport at the nineteen thirty two Games. It bombed and it has never been considered a game. What is the sport? What is the game? Seven? One three two one two five nine four five. It's now time for rockout with your stock out with Captain Cash, my man, Captain Cash, big Bald. He's on the phone. Hey, how brother Rod, Good morning there he is, brother Hell. How do we do on Wall Street? Yesterday?
Speaker 8: I nixed down Wall Street. The Dow is up two hundred and three points to forty thousand, seven hundred and forty three nastak down two twenty two to seventeen thousand, one forty seven benchmark ten year treasury stands at a four point one to three percent in oil? Is it seventy six dollars seventy nine cents a barrel to the most actives, the big Studs, Travelers, Goldman, Sachson, Chase, the Big Duds, Murk, Jay and Jay Intel on the economic calendar. This morning, we'll get numbers on pending home sales for July. Right now, futures looking good. Hang on to this will be a positive opening. Right you're on Wall Street.
Speaker 1: That's it, Imagina.
Speaker 8: This is hallan manager director with the Rami James putting for the right Ryan Show from Raymon James down stant Fleet in the Gusta and don't get theays rock out with your stock out.
Speaker 6: Famin's expressed are those of Aland and not necessarily those of Raymond James and associates. Income Ever, NYC, AS, IBC, I, ARNT Radio or sponsors. Information is based on sources believed to be reliable, but it's not guaranteed. There's no insurance transmission. We'll continue. This is not a solicitation offer or recommendation to buy or sell any security referred to your end this programs for educational and informational services on the Bestads Duds are based on the movement as reported by Young I.
Speaker 1: Mean by the buzz. Welcome back, rod Ryan, show it your fun back. Good morning? Was this great? Hi? Frank, how are you good?
Speaker 7: Good?
Speaker 2: How you doing? Brother Ron so great?
Speaker 1: Welcome in on homeroom, dude. So this sport got a chance to be in the Olympics. It was added as a demonstration sport back in nineteen thirty two. It was here too, It was in Los Angeles that year, but it bombed. What was the sport? Give me football? Yeah, dude, congratulations. Can you believe it? It's never been considered since that's crazy. I agree with you, Frankie. Bobby Baby, what are you giving him? Dude?
Speaker 3: You get to take us to go see Chris Stapleton.
Speaker 2: Congratulations, Thank you, thank you. Appreciate it, bro.
Speaker 1: I appreciate you man. Good energy and homeroom this morning. Frank have a great time about this for sure.
Speaker 2: You thank you much.
Speaker 1: Thank you. Frank tan on for me. September cent chanter rain mostly sunny today, It's gonna be hot. Man, I have ninety six, Tessa has Houston's headlines, I sure do.
Speaker 3: Vice President Kamala Harris is daring Donald Trump to debate her. The Democratic presidential candidate spoke at a campaign rally yesterday in front of about ten thousand supporters in Atlanta and said Trump won't debate her, but he and his running mate sure seem to have a lot to say. The Republican candidate told Fox News on Monday, and talk about Donald Trump told them that he wanted to debate Harris, but could make a case for not doing it. He was scheduled to debate President Joe Biden September tenth. Don't know if that's going to go through here in Houston, the city Council will vote today on a proposed ordinance to outlaw picketing within two hundred feet of somebody's home. The ordinance is aimed at protests that targets specific residences. Earlier this month, pro Homas demonstrators turned up outside maryor John Whitmyer's home. In the past year, protesters have also targeted the homes of Senator Ted Cruz and Congresswoman Lizzie Fletcher. The proposed ordinance would also prohibit the city from issuing a permit for any demonstration in front of a residential property. There's a new report out on snacking.
Speaker 2: Oh that's me.
Speaker 1: I'm a snacker.
Speaker 4: Snacker.
Speaker 1: That's what kills me. It's the eating in between the meals. I'm awful at that.
Speaker 3: Okay, Well, This report found that the average person skips three meals a week. They also eat three snacks every day. Chips and fruit are the most popular choices. Crackers were necks, followed by cookies and ice cream. Only twenty five percent of people say they're very aware of their daily nutritional value of the protein their snacks offer. One problem is that people may choose some helping meals intentionally, but they don't account for everything that they are snacking on and putting in.
Speaker 4: Their actual mouths.
Speaker 3: The average person can only remember fifty seven percent of everything they over the glass over the last three days.
Speaker 1: I caught myself. This was a couple of months ago when I started really kind of watching a little bit closer to what I was doing. I would walk in, no matter what time I left here. I would walk in, put my bag down, going home, walk in, put my bag down going home, walk to the refrigerator and open.
Speaker 4: It up straight too instinctively.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's why I had to say I had to break that habit.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it was brutal.
Speaker 1: It's like when somebody grabs a cigarette and they don't even realize they're smoking. That's me with food, going to the refrigerator and just opening it up. My kid does that too, She'll open it up and just look at it, just see what look and just looking shopping.
Speaker 3: So yesterday we were talking about cake and I only brought a protein shake. Normally I have a little couple more snacks here, so I only have my protein shake. And by the time I got hungry after all that cake took I was so hungry and I literally texted my friend.
Speaker 4: I was like, dude, I just had so many snacks.
Speaker 3: I had a small bowl of pasta, two leftover poppers, two slices of watermelon, two pickle slices.
Speaker 1: You wrote everything you ate.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I sent to my friend five cucumber slices, some hot cheetos.
Speaker 4: I am full.
Speaker 1: You counted the amount of cucumber slices you ate.
Speaker 4: Well, yeah, dude, I was just going for it. Wow, I was just going for it. But yeah, snacking I'm into it.
Speaker 3: Let's talk about CNN because they're working on a new travel series. You know, they haven't launched a show like Anthony Bourdain's Part Unknown since he passed away, and that's a more traditional travel series. This is a different series called My Happy Place, and they're expecting me to launch it next year. The current roster of hosts they have for the show Alan Cumming, Taraji p Henson, Cimu, Lou Billy Porter, Octavia Spencer, and queslav So I don't know if that's something you'd be in too.
Speaker 4: No one can ever really replace Anthony Bourdaines.
Speaker 1: That's the thing. If they're going to compare a show to Anthony Bourdaines showed, then the host is going to be compared to him.
Speaker 4: Well, that's been a no.
Speaker 3: That's why they're picking more hosts than one, probably because they're not like, like replacing him, But there hasn't been this sort of travel show since he passed away.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I would never mistake Billy Porter for Anthony Bourdaines. So I guess you would just have to go completely opposite and go completely different directions so that there's no comparisons to draw because there's zero. What's that he's too he's too he's he's too booked up on that food channel.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he's got Food Network. He's Food Network claimed.
Speaker 1: I am always down for diners, drive ins, and dives. I am down for those repeats. I've seen some of those episodes three or four times. It's just something that's so easy to have on in the background. He's still really likable. Did you see I guess his son put out a picture. I couldn't look at it. I didn't want to see Superman or Batman without the mask on. I didn't want to see Superman without the cape. His son apparently put out a picture of him and his hair wasn't spiked up, just chilling. So that picture exists, and I didn't want to look at it.
Speaker 4: Like, nah, I don't can you.
Speaker 1: Imagine it was just a flat boy?
Speaker 2: You can google him without that.
Speaker 1: I don't want to see it.
Speaker 2: I don't want to see him in a fairy cable guy in the beginning before you.
Speaker 1: I feel like it would look like him in a John Gruden boy haircut, Like, I don't want to see it.
Speaker 2: You're not.
Speaker 4: It's like I parted down the middle, slicked down, it said.
Speaker 1: Click here to see Guy Fieri's picture without his hair spiked.
Speaker 4: All the things that you have made this family.
Speaker 1: Google couldn't do it.
Speaker 4: You need to go.
Speaker 1: I don't want to see it. It'll ruin it for me.
Speaker 3: Let's talk about some music news. There's a full circle moment on the music blog page. Jelly Roll, who we know is an ex convict, is now Jelly Roll the deputy sheriff.
Speaker 4: That's right.
Speaker 3: He was sworn in with the oath of office by an officer in Michigan named Sheriff Swanson.
Speaker 4: He said, this is a real deal.
Speaker 3: You walk into any facility, you can tell them you're a deputy sheriff from Genesee County. And when Jelly Roll was presented with his badge and his official sheriff I d he only had one thing to say say, from convict to deputy, is that gonna be his next song?
Speaker 1: Convict a deputy can add him?
Speaker 2: The cop make us.
Speaker 4: I don't know, honestly, that's a great point. I don't know why he hasn't yet, like.
Speaker 2: Getting knighted by a cop.
Speaker 1: I don't know. Didn't they give something to Elvis, They like gave him badges and said here and that guy was a drug addict, so I'm not a drug addict. Would like to be give me a band.
Speaker 2: I would like to be deputized Badge US.
Speaker 4: Those are Houston's headlines.
Speaker 2: I'd wear the badge proudly.
Speaker 1: What you got?
Speaker 2: The Astros full of the Pirates last night six to two. They're gonna wrap up their series with them tonight. Framber Val doesn't be on the map for the shows going up against Pittsburgh's Jake Woodford first pitches at seven ten. You can listen to the game on our sister station, Sports Talk seven to ninety. The MLB trade deadline came and went yesterday. The Asters had already made him move to bring in picture y Say Kakuchi the day before, but yesterday added another picture. They sent cash and a prospect to the Yankees in exchange for reliever Caleb Ferguson. In the Olympics, Team USA added six more medals to their total yesterday in Paris. Only one of them was gold, though highighlights from yesterday's games. Our Olympics women's gymnastics team won gold in the team competition. The women's rugby team beat Australia in the last second to win bronze and the men's soccer team beat Guinea Freed and nothing. US has the most total medals so far with twenty six, and we've got four gold medals behind China and Japan, who are leading with seven each. In football, we're just a day away from the start of the NFL's preseason. Texans are gonna play the Bears in the Hall of Fame Game tomorrow night in Canton, Ohio. Football will officially be back then, guys. That is what's going on in sports.
Speaker 1: So is it our first time playing in this game? I know it's our first Texan going into the Hall of Fame, But have we ever been one of the other teams maybe that has played on this Hall of Fame game before. I don't remember the Texans ever being on that game because I'm never interested in it really, because it's the absolute silliest of the preseason games. It's so early.
Speaker 2: Hold on, I want to say they played the Giants like their first ever game.
Speaker 1: Really, Okay, the David car season. Yeah, really.
Speaker 2: It may have been a different game though, but I think they may have played it one other time. I'll do some research though.
Speaker 1: You know, they beat the Dallas Cowboy I know, I know. I'm somebody's emailing me right now. You mentioned the first season of the Texans and you didn't mention that game. Yes, I mentioned the game. Guys. Next hour, we're gonna talk monster Jam. We're gonna talk getting some money out of you guy.
Speaker 8: Guys.
Speaker 1: Man, you're doing an awesome job. You're doing an amazing job in the rod Ryan Show Cares online store. Man, thank you for your generosity. Homeroom. I love you the most, I really do. That's why we created a T shirt just for you in homeroom. If you haven't picked, if you're a regular member of Homeroom and you're not wearing that Homeroom shirt, come on, you gotta do something about it. Yes, sir, they did play.
Speaker 2: The Giants in the first ever game Hall of Fame.
Speaker 1: All right, good knowledge. The rod Ryan Morning Show sizz ninety four five. Good morning, rod Ryan Show, Lincoln Park. Welcome to the seventh Spot. If you're carrying over from Home Room, thank you so much homeroom. If you're just joining us, we've got a big, big day today. We've teamed up with our friends over at Joe Myers Toyota and they're dangling that five thousand dollars check as they've done in years past. If I can get if I can motivate you guys to get in there today in the Rod Ryan Show cares online store, Chili should have that link number one. If I can get you guys in there to donate, spend drop five thousand dollars, then Joe Myers match that, so up to five grand. We could have a huge ten thousand dollars day today. It's important because we are passing out the backpacks. And I thought about it a little bit today because I saw the list of things that my daughter needs for school, and we have the means to go out and get that stuff. You know, there's a first grade list. This is what your first grader needs to get started. Boom boom boom. Think about some bud that looks at that list with their kid in school or multiple kids in school. It's a pretty extensive list. It's a pretty extensive list, and I feel very blessed that being here for now over twenty years, I can go and get that stuff for her. Think about parents that download that list and say, man, I just don't have it. We're gonna have to pick and choose from that list to get a couple of things. What's the most important things on there. Every kid should have everything on that list that they need to start off the school year, and unfortunately they just don't. So what we do every year is we buy these backpacks. They're full of school supplies. They're getting more and more expensive. So I got a couple of things working against me. You've heard me several times, and I'm not shy about it. Not this week. I'm not shy. This week, I'm not shy. I'm kind him in hall summer long. I'm like, ah, guys, I know everybody's kind of stretched, and Jesus Christ, eggs are a million dollars this week. I'm not shy about asking for money. I need it. The numbers are down as far as donations, you guys have done an amazing job. Thank you so much. I need more of you to get involved. I got a lot of the regular customers in there that are being very generous, as they always are. I need someone that maybe has never gone in there before. That's what I need, and that's what's going to get us to our mark. I need more of you involved because the backpacks are more expensive, just like I just said, eggs are a million dollars. Eggs and butter and milk a million dollars. That's it. With those three things in your cart, you're like, what the hell? Same thing with the backpacks and the school supplies. They've gone through the roof and they know this is for charity, and it's not against the person that the distributor that we get these things from. It's just the cost of everything is more. So that's the kind of the pickle that I'm in. We put some new stuff in there today. We got a twenty year anniversary. It's called a cruise shirt. I call it a gas station the tendon shirt. We have that in there. What I'm doing with that one because it's a higher dollar I mean, I'll tell you what, it's fifty five dollars. It's a button down shirt or button up? Is it a button down or a button up shirt? What do you call it? Button It's a button down shirt, but but button down. I'm a button down.
Speaker 2: You're supposed to start at the top, so you don't mess a button. If you start at the collar and you go down.
Speaker 3: Make sure that you didn't say, what's the process of putting on your shirt?
Speaker 4: We said, what's it called called button up?
Speaker 1: Well, your process, your process would dictate what you call it.
Speaker 4: No, it wouldn't. No, it wouldn't.
Speaker 3: I button said it does. I'm telling you mine does it. It's a button up shirt. Wear a button up shirt, but the way you put it on.
Speaker 1: So that one. What I'm going to do with that one is I'm going to open up. I can sell as many of those shirts as I can because then I'll close it out and then I'll order the shirts. So it's gonna take a little time to get that one in made. I have one hundred and forty four of them. That's it. When they're gone, They're gone. What is it? Yeah, so this cap to get a decent price point, you know, they the more I order, the cheaper it gets. I think everybody kind of understands that. So I went with one hundred and forty four. So I'm hoping that I can sell all one hundred and forty four of those twentieth anniversary caps. And that's got a sow On patch on it, and that's the first time we've ever done a so on patch. Deb talked me into that over at BMP and I said, yeah, absolutely, let's go with that. So it's a it's a faux leather patch on the front with the metallic gold twentieth anniversary badging on that, and that's the stuff that's been selling the most. So that's why you're seeing two new things. Same thing with that Stanley ripoff cup. I went in there because Rodney Ryan just put in an order. I have to buy this stuff, guys. So before I got because I can't remember, was it the fishing shirt or something I got locked out of I didn't get there in time.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, my brother got miss fishing shirt.
Speaker 1: Something got sold out. I'm like, what the hell, I didn't even order one. So I went in there and got a couple of the caps. I got the gas station shirt. The caps again are limited once the one hundred and forty four are gone. Debs going to keep me up on that when they're gone. Those are gone. But that gas station attendant shirt, the button up or button down, we can go either way.
Speaker 2: I think I can help them the whole pam Pan situation here, Thank you with that. A button down shirt has small buttons on the car to keep it in place, while a button upshirt has no buttons on the call. So if it's a dress shirt, it is a button down shirt. If it is not something you may wear under a suit, the buttons on there like keep the tie in. Yeah, then it is a button up shirt. So this is be a button up shirt. I think.
Speaker 1: Thank you Pam and Pan for helping us with that. All right, thank you to our friends Joe Myers, Toyota. If I can get you guys motivated to do five thousand dollars, they'll do a ten thousand dollars day. Rodney Ryan will be very very happy. Quick break, when we come back on a wreck check for you, We'll find out what's trending. We'll hook you up with some Monster Jam tickets. We'll tell you all about Monster Jam and pre sales and all of that. He used to rock, he used his alternative and the rod Ryan Morning Show tent four five, The Buzz Good Morning rod Ryan Show. On this wild card Wednesday. Ummm, somebody said that they think that it's an AI and this is gonna happen moving forward. This is absolutely gonna happen moving forward. Somebody is accusing the Instagram feature today to be AI. Oh, I don't know. I haven't looked yet. I will go look, Chiley, maybe take a look. I mean, who knows, it might be the future of all the Instagram features ten percent James Rain mostly sunny today, I have ninety six with trending. I'll start Joe Myer's Toyota match Day. Okay, just a quick look at the back end of the store. Tyler, gotcha, Belinda, thank you, Chris Christopher, Lillian, Kara Prude Home, Sean McGovern, g Gonzalez, Chad Mnick, Elvin Oh, Chad mc very good, thank you, Chad Skyler, Kat Fletcher, Mickey Pallardy, Matthew. The list goes on and on and on. Those are just some of the recent purchases and donations in the Rod Ryan show Cares online store. It's our big match day. We need to get five thousand dollars. I need to get five thousand dollars out of you to get the five thousand dollars check from Joe Myers Toyota. So new merchant the store. Please go check all that stuff out. Thank you.
Speaker 3: Okay, Yeah, that's definitely gonna be the first trend all day.
Speaker 4: And then this almost made headlines. It is a serious story.
Speaker 3: The Senate approved two bills that would boost the safety and privacy of children online the Kids Online Safety Act and Children's Online Privacy Protection Acting.
Speaker 4: Passing a ninety one to three vote.
Speaker 3: These new rules would require companies to protect kids from the promotion of eating disorders, substance abuse, sexual exploitation, and much much more online. So that's a big story right now. Also, we are, you know, all Olympics right now. There's been an Olympic blog page. I believe Lebron James and the men's basketball team are playing a South Sudan and there's just a lot of stuff going on. But did you see that the the triathlon people the uncertainty over the water quality in the river over there.
Speaker 1: I thought that was all squared away before the game.
Speaker 3: Starts, not really going it's not really squared away, but either way they will go forward with a swim, so they'll be monitoring. I believe the river passed water quality tests at the last second, but it's been a lot of back and forth. You were like, I wouldn't get in that water, but doesn't matter because it's happening, and.
Speaker 1: The same situation in Rio, right Yeah, I believe.
Speaker 4: So the water was just.
Speaker 1: Absolutely filthy there. Yeah, And They're like, don't worry, we'll make it work before the games.
Speaker 3: So yeah, there were elevated bacteria levels that forced to postponement earlier this week, but now they're saying it's very close to the threshold of being.
Speaker 4: Compliant, and that's what was trending on ninety four to five the buzz.
Speaker 1: All right, very good. What do we having to give away here?
Speaker 3: I have a four pack of tickets with pit passes to Monster jam At and RG.
Speaker 4: It's going down October nineteenth.
Speaker 1: Okay, so ticket's not on sale yet. When them before they go on sale? Caller ten seven one three.
Speaker 5: This is the Ron Ryan Show.
Speaker 9: Good Bye j Lie Trump douts a bullet. His ear is fine, bite it's out. We're down to one old guy speaking of old guy's new heart dye. Who's the cake at crowd Strike? Who canceled my Delta fly? No open seating at Southwest air Lines? Stoop with the torch, no wheed inside food?
Speaker 7: Did the Olympics.
Speaker 9: Mock Jesus Christ and cat ladies want to scratch out.
Speaker 1: JD Bess's y.
Speaker 9: So goodbye except to the Olympics on day and night.
Speaker 1: I'm getting French fried.
Speaker 9: Good Bye, j.
Speaker 5: The Ron Ryan Show on ninety four five The Buzz.
Speaker 1: Ninety four five, The Buzz some forty one in land Mind, Good morning, Rod Ryan Show. On this wild Card Wednesday, see nothing about a ten percent chance of rain mostly sunny today, Hive around ninety six. Keep it rolling, You're doing an amazing job. The Rob Ryan Show Cares online store is at the forefront today as we are trying to get that five thousand dollars that match that Joe Myers Toyota has offered up to us. So thank you. You guys are killing it this morning in the store. When you go to links and guests, you know, the same old suspects are in there. The Looking at Girls' blog page a couple of good articles on there. I definitely stop buying and check that out. We've already mentioned the Wildcard Wednesday. I do not think it is an AI submission. I think that is a real person that is being showcased this morning on the Wildcard Wednesday. Three Things you Must See is one of the blog pages that I don't always get to. I don't always talk about, but when I do, it's usually something pretty pretty good on there. There is a guy and it's not the headline. But I'm seeing what I'm seeing more and more cyber trucks in the wild.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, the more.
Speaker 1: The more I'm out on the road. There's not that many of them that have been sold, but you know, we're in Texas. They're from here now. I guess they're being built here, So I'm seeing more and more of them out on the road. I saw one that was modified, you know, I didn't. I saw all of them I've seen up until last week. Were the stainless steel? Somebody had painted it it was white? Oh yeah, yeah, I didn't. I don't know if you have to do that after factory. I don't know if they offer colors. Like the DeLorean when it came out, it was just stainless steel. And that's the cyber truck. I think. I don't know that it has options, but people are already modifying them. Yeah, wasn't Kid Rock? Did he? Was he in a General Lee one? I don't know, in someplace. I think he was in one that like a Duke's of hazard painted one. Maybe it was wrapped or painted. I don't know. So this guy, the best part about it is how he pretends that it doesn't happen. He's a cyber truck fan. He's like, this is the best, this is the most American truck ever, this is the most this is the best thing that we've ever had here in this country. And he's talking about that unbreakable windshield, which we all know that they had some problems with that early on when they were had the products pype out there. But absolutely the best part of this is how the guy tries to pretend it doesn't happen. It's a Tesla superfan. He walks on his cyber truck's windshield to show how unbreakable it is, and you can hear it crack, but he keeps going, and he's still talking about how amazing the technology is and everything. He's so amped up. He must not have he uploaded the video. He must not have heard the crack. We all hear the crack he cracked his windshield, can you see it? And just kept going. He just kind of walks on the truck. So it's from his point of view you heard him crack it. So on three things you must see that's on there. But headlining is a window washer, which that's one of the things I missed. We have this inside cabin. We used to have windows in the old building. We had a lot of nice equipment in the old building that worked. But every now and then I'd be standing there and you would be freaked out because there'd be a guy standing outside the window, or to be a guy washing the windows outside the studio. This guy is four hundred and fifty feet up in the air, so he's around thirty five stories and he is on this building. He's cleaning the windows, Alabama's tallest building, and a piece of equipment, the descender, locked up. He couldn't go up, he couldn't go down. Now he's stuck there. Now he's absolutely stuck, and that's everybody's biggest fear. I'm not so much of a scared of heights guy, but if the thing's not working, because I would totally take a ride with the window washers if they could, if I could sign something, I'd go up and down with the window washers. And I wouldn't want to be out there all day washing windows, but I would take a ride with him, for sure. He called nine to one one. The firefighters were there within minutes. He was closer to the top than the bottom, so they worked their way from the top. He had plenty of time on his hands, so he called his mom. Mom. He's like, well, She's like, what are you doing, honey?
Speaker 4: Guess what.
Speaker 1: She's at work when he called, and he was super cash about it. He's like, hey, Mom, I'm stuck up here on the ledge and waiting to see if I'll be to get if they'll be able to get me down. So she's not freaking out. He's not freaking out until she saw a photo he posted on Facebook. It kind of reminds me of Logan that climbs the towers with us. So it took the fire department about an hour to hoist him up. He's okay, he called it just another day. He said he's going to get back in there on Tuesday to finish the job. So I got footage of the rescue, I got the photo, I got him his mom the whole thing. Three things you must see today Houston's rocking Alternatives.
Speaker 6: The rod Ry Morning Show from six to ten AM, ninety four or five A Buzz.
Speaker 1: The Buzz, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Rob Ryan's show on This Wild Card Wednesday. Ten percent chance of Ray Bulsty sunning highs of around ninety six. We'll get an update on how we're doing on our Joe Meyers match day. Deb is up early with us and she's given me updates all morning long. Plus the suburb Summer Sizzler coming next hour. But we got to move, man, Let's get right into it, Tessa with Houston's Headlines.
Speaker 3: Vice President Kamala Harris is daring Donald Trump's debate her. She spoke at a campaign rally in Atlanta. Megan the Stallion performed at this rally. By the way, She said Trump won't debate her, but he and his running mate sure seemed to have a lot to say about her. She said Trump has something to say, he should say it to her face. Trump had told Fox News on Monday that he wanted to debate Harris, but could make a case for not doing it. Her court order, the floating barrier Texas place in the Rio Grand last year to deter illegal immigration, is allowed to stay put.
Speaker 4: The Fifth Circuit Court of Appeals.
Speaker 3: Handed down the ruling on Tuesday that strikes down a lower court's decision.
Speaker 4: This is a lawsuit.
Speaker 3: The federal government had sued Texas as a result of that floating border, and this is a lawsuit that will continue in district court. We've got a rundown of the latest viral moments from the Olympics that's on links and guests. You can go check out the rod Ryan Show blog page. We're trying to keep this updated. I mean, Simone Biles and the team and team USA Gymnastics really cementing themselves a goat status there for her.
Speaker 4: She has had quite the comeback.
Speaker 3: And then probably the coolest picture you will see from the Olympics is of a Brazilian surfer and his board. They look like they are suspended in mid air. Looks really cool. The Olympic village in Tahiti, by the way, is just like a cruise ship, and all the surfers are kind of rubbing it in because their Olympic village is probably the best one.
Speaker 1: I'd be fine if there was just a twenty four hour cam on Flavor Flav and Snoop Dogg. Same, just a camera, even if you'd have checked in on them sleeping. It'd be fine with me. Yeah, a little live shot a camera twenty four to seven on both of those gentlemen.
Speaker 2: I thought I was gonna be annoyed with them. I was like, this is gonna get old.
Speaker 1: Yeah, me too, not at all. No, I can't get enough of her. I can't get enough of either one of those guys.
Speaker 3: Elizabeth Banks says she could have died on the set of her upcoming thriller Skincare. She was alone in her trailer eating her lunch and she started choking on a pee.
Speaker 4: She said she had to throw the door open.
Speaker 3: She couldn't make any annoy any noise, was so afraid was actually choking. Someone actually saw her. He asked if she was choking. She gave him the thumbs up sign and yep. She had to receive the heimlicerneuver maneuver. The guy had to do it twice. The pea came loose, and that guy walking by literally saved her life on set.
Speaker 4: According to her, that's pretty crazy.
Speaker 3: With thanks and the p was with thanks one that one Dave girls getting major dad points on TikTok.
Speaker 4: He did the brat summer.
Speaker 3: It's like this little viral Apple song dance with his daughter Harper and.
Speaker 4: Alex actually told me this a little tit bit about girl.
Speaker 3: Nineteen years ago, best rock track in the country was the Best of You by the Foo Fighters.
Speaker 4: Those are Houston headlines.
Speaker 2: All right, yeah, go ahead, Alex Well, let's just run through the Astros real fast. Thanks fell to the Pirates last night, sixty to two. They're gonna wrap up their series with them this evening, first pitch. That's at seventeen. You can listen to the game on our sister station, Sports Talk seven ninety. The MLB's trade deadline came and went yesterday. The Astros added another pitcher. They sent cash in a prospect to the Yankees for reliever Caleb Ferguson, who has a Yankees fan. Is certainly a person, That's what. That's all I can say about him. He's not going to be great in the Olympics. Tsay added six more medals to their total Imparis yesterday. Only one of them was gold. That was the women's gymnastics team gold that they got there was Simon By you can go see. They went right to TikTok after that to show off their goal. That's a sports blog page today. Women's rugby, that was the story of the day for me. They won bronze beating Australia in the last second a ninety four meter run. As time expired. They had to score and make the kick. They did just that. It was the first medal for the US and rugby in over one hundred years.
Speaker 1: It was so exciting yesterday. I hope you have highlights like again.
Speaker 2: It's on the sports blog pageant to see that winning run and the men's soccer team beat Ginny three nothing. You guys has the most total medals so far with twenty six, and we are behind China and Japan who have seven goals. We have four, So we're catching up. We're catching up in track and field starts the next week we'll kill everybody. Then in football, we're just a day away from the start of the NFL's preseason. Texans are playing the Bears in the Hall of Fame Game tomorrow night in Canton, Ohio. That is what's going on in sports.
Speaker 1: Buzz days of the New Touch, Peel and Stand Rod Ryan Show Wild Card Wednesday, Josh treesays, if that's Ai, sign me up for AI.
Speaker 4: I'm looking at her.
Speaker 1: AI's in the name somewhere in there, so that's where people are saying that she's Ai. Where AI doesn't get it right is the fingers. The hands is always the tell. AI just cannot get hand right. Her hands don't seem to be all mangled in these pictures. I don't know if it's AI or not. I'm not sure. The Wildcard Wednesday enough people are looking at it. Between that and the rod Ryan Show Cares online store, those are your two number one links today. I couldn't be more happy about it. I mean to compete against the Instagram feature is huge. Joe Myer's Toyota match Day today. They're offering up five thousand dollars if you guys can go in there and drop five k I know it's a big ask, but I'm not even shy about it today. Rochelle, thank you. She's like Rod. I kept hearing you guys talk about the Homeroom T shirt. I guess I missed it the first time I did a rod Ryan Show care Store hall, but I knew I had to have it yesterday as I was listening to you guys on the iHeartRadio app and Colleen, I decided to wait until today to get the shirt to really make my just count for your match day. I also donated five backpack God damn thank you. I also donated five backpacks. I just got my niece squared away. With her school supplies. Like you were saying, I'm one of those folks that is fortunate enough to say, hey, I can help, and I'm happy to do so. Thank you. Thank you. It really moves me four hour listener, especially in home room. Y'all are the best. Rochelle, Thank you, Rachelle. I really really appreciate you. Here's another big order too. This one was from mary Leal. I can kind of go in and see what you guys are buying. She ordered the twenty year anniversary Cruise shirt. Whether it's button up or button down. There is a new shirt in there today. So she ordered one of those, and it's an expensive shirt. It's fifty five bucks. You know, I'm not making all that much money. It's the materials are expensive. So she ordered one of those. She ordered the homeroom shirt, she ordered the she ordered three twenty year mediums twenty year shirt, and then she ordered that brand new ball cap showed a two ball caps. What an order, man, Thank you very much. You guys are crushing it. Thank you so much. I really really appreciate it. Rod Ryan Show cares online story. It's a big, big day for us this Saturday. We'll be working with Houston Children's Charity, and we will be passing out the backpacks. So this is kind of like my last big, big push. All right, are we sizling?
Speaker 9: Oh?
Speaker 1: Are we sizling? Tomball? Looks like I got Joshua and Tomball and Heather and Crosby who are going to be sizzling coming up? Speaking of money, six thousand dollars from Shell Federal Credit Union. That money's going to go to you, okay, five thousand dollars to the winner of the whole thing. Four thousand dollars I'm sorry, another thousand dollars split four ways for the final four. Maybe Tomball and Osby will make it that far. We'll find out. We'll meet them after this. Rock and Alternative The rod Ryan.
Speaker 6: Marning Show six to ten am, Hony.
Speaker 1: Four or five The Buzz, Good morning, rod Ryan's Show. I hope you're off to a great start to your wild Card Wednesday. Our wild card is wild? Is it?
Speaker 2: Ai?
Speaker 1: Is it?
Speaker 2: Is that?
Speaker 1: A real human being?
Speaker 2: Like?
Speaker 4: Why are there no videos?
Speaker 3: That's my question because I don't I don't, I don't doubt that she looks real, Okay, but what's with all?
Speaker 1: There's no no reels available?
Speaker 3: I just went and I clicked on the profile and I didn't see any reels.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, yeah, maybe that's a that's another hint that she is AI.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: We can't see even figure it out if she's real or not. Uh. Some people don't care.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 1: I might be on that. I might be on that side of things as well. Ten percent chance of rain mostly Sonny, I have ninety six. I think we might be getting.
Speaker 3: The reels are just still shots. She has reels, but they're just still shots. Still, I'm still shot, dude. This is not This is not a real person.
Speaker 1: You think it's a calling it right now? Okay, let's talk about Joe Myers Toyota match Day. Yeah, let's do it the most. It's the number one thing trending for us. They've offered five thousand dollars and they challenged the listeners of The Rod Ryan Show to go into the store and match them on their five thousand dollars donation. That means each and every one of you, Okay, I'm not looking for huge chunks of money out of you guys. I'm looking for more people than ever to get involved. That's what I need in my life. So yeah, you know, I see some of these people in their tanner He said, I love the Richardson won twelves. You know what that is? Either a lot? Well no, I kind of do know what it is because I'm a T shirt salesman and that's the that's the style of ball cap that we have. It's a Richardson one twelve. How does he know that? He said, I couldn't pass up on that. My three year old loves sleeping in big shirt, so naturally I grabbed the seven to one to three story shirt. Also threw a few backpacks in the cart tanner page. Tatum Oliver, thank you guys, Thank you guys. What else?
Speaker 3: Always supporting us? Yeah, biggest thing for us right now? Help us get those backpacks full of supplies for kids?
Speaker 4: Okay, something else.
Speaker 3: According to a new report, Travis and Jason Kelsey are seeking a massive payday for their new Heights podcast. They've been in talks with Wondery with an Amazon company about signing a one hundred million dollar agreement. This is a podcast as has gained a lot of popularity, partly due to Travis's relationship with Taylor Swift, and now it ranks fourth in the world by audience.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yes, my.
Speaker 1: Heart's not courting them. My heart doesn't pay that.
Speaker 4: So yeah, that's a circulating story.
Speaker 3: And then late night host Jimmy Kimmel says he's out as a host for the Oscars. Kimmel reportedly turned down the offer to host the ceremony for a fifth time, and according to several entertainment outlets, comedian johnmulaney has also turned down the job. So that's the latest there, and that's what's trending on niney four five of us.
Speaker 1: It's called the most stressful job in Hollywood hosting the Olympics, just like people are just so critical of it for some reason. Oh that's right, Okay, all right, here we go. It's time to meet the warriors for today's suburb Summer Sizzler. It's brought to us by our good friends over at Shell Federal Credit Union, who ponied up for four years in a row. Six Grand Joshua, good morning, Good morning, sir. I feel like we could have our own Battle of the joshuas we just have a josh off. I think we get a couple of hundred people to show off so many Josh's. I think there's a couple of hundred of you, Josh, Gaalore, Josh, who are you? What suburb are you playing for? I'm playing for tom Ball. I wouldn't want to piss off tom Ball. I don't think you want to. I don't think you want to even practicing more or less? No, that means no.
Speaker 4: More, more, less, less or less.
Speaker 1: Okay, let's go meet. Let's go meet Heather. We know who Heather is. Heather, Good morning, Hey, good morning. You just want to win every game on the Rod Ryan Show. I'm hopeful we're still thinking you're playing for Crosby. I don't know how you are at this, but I know that you're the queen of all the other games. And she's a killer. Joshua, I think you're gonna wish that more or less was I've been up day and night practicing. If you're gonna be taking on Heather this morning, that's all I'm going to say. And I don't know how Heather's going to do with this game. I just know her competitive nature. We know her, we hung out with her. We know she's a killer at everything she does. A killer.
Speaker 8: I'm gonna give him hell.
Speaker 1: Okay, bro, I think It's gonna be a pretty fun matchup here. We have tom Ball, we have Crosby in the Citizzler. Next, The Ryan.
Speaker 2: Show celebrating twenty years ninety four five of us now.
Speaker 1: What ninety four the bus in essence and going under Good Morning, Rod Ryan Show on a wild card Wednesday. Now, I'm leaning Ai for our Instagram feature. I'm leaning Ai, I am. I'm thinking that that might be not a real person that we are featuring.
Speaker 4: I just want to see her talk once. That's it, just one little baby video.
Speaker 2: Geez.
Speaker 1: I think with Ai, you probably can do that. Hey, probably, but they haven't gone that way with listening with this account. It's the number one link. Number two link is the Joe Myers Toyota match Day link. That's the link to the store, Adam the cop What I didn't realize that was a Richardson's hat. I'm gonna have to go back in the store. That's all he wears. You guys know what a Richardson baseball cap is. I know they know what that is. He's going into buy When he says that's the only style I wear, I guess I'm going back to the store. Okay, when I see Carlos Moreno, He's like, listen, this is your boy, Lost Magnificos, Lost Magnificos. You're doing God's work. You're helping kids. I donated a few bags. I'm trying to help out peace. That's the first time he's ever gone in our store. So I don't know what was said today, but man, tell me what it was, and I'll say it again if I got you in there. Lost Magnificos, thank you. I appreciate your generosity today. I appreciate all your generosity everybody. You're just doing a great job this morning. You're all doing God's work. I'm just opening up the door. All right, let's go one more justin from Tomball. Okay, I feel sorry for Joshua. He hasn't played yet, Joshua. I got a guy from Tomball who says he's already feeling banned for you. And I don't know if it's just what he picked up on you, it's it's just because we know that Heather is just an absolute assassin on everything that she gets involved with. Heather, good morning, Good morning, Crosby. And then I was told Crosby's got nothing to worry about with Heather and that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, she gets to stay there. She continues to make her home there.
Speaker 1: You gotta play the game. You gotta play the game, right, Joshua, You got to play the game. We don't know anything about you yet, do we.
Speaker 10: That's right?
Speaker 1: Okay, So what Alex does is he loads in a song. This is not the suburb of Summer Sissler works single elimination mover. The winner advances in the brackets, loser goes home. Winner stays in it again for another matchup to get closer to that five thousand dollars grand prize. Okay, all that's left to do is tell you that you need to shout out your name when you think you know the name of the song and the band. We've had a couple of songs go the distance this tournament. Yeah, we know. Nobody was comfortable. So I don't know. I don't know. Let's just get this song in there and let's see how this shakes out. I'm really excited about this matchup for some reason. Joshua, are you ready?
Speaker 8: I am ready?
Speaker 1: Okay, Heather, I know you're ready. Yeah, Okay, Uh, here we go. Is this day seven, Day seven suburb Summer Sizzler. Here comes your song. Shout out your name when you think you know both things song title and band, let it rip, Alex.
Speaker 10: Josh stayed outside.
Speaker 4: A shot in the world much.
Speaker 1: Is that what they mean? You come to play the game?
Speaker 2: I believe you.
Speaker 6: The game was this sad Baggane you play the game.
Speaker 1: That's one of my favorite bands.
Speaker 5: So yeah, I was literally I was just saying my name when he said it.
Speaker 1: I want to say, and somebody that is more musically inclined, way more than me, that first note has got to be the same first note of photographed by Nickelback.
Speaker 4: That that's what I thought it was.
Speaker 1: I was waiting for look at this phone and then yes, it's got to be the same note. It's got to be the same opening note. Okay, Heather, Heather is why am I saying goodbye right now?
Speaker 3: What I know?
Speaker 1: Hey, I'm going to see y'all. Me and my husband are going to see y'all at the twentieth anniversary. So are you making plans? I'm making plans for that party. Yeah, you should be making plans for that party. You should be making plans for that party. All right, Joshua, do you want to tell everybody to shut the f up or what.
Speaker 4: Do you want to You got some words right now.
Speaker 1: I mean if you listen, you just walk the walk. You can go talk to talk Paul, you can go talk all you want right now.
Speaker 8: I got done better so far as than anybody else has me.
Speaker 1: Tom Ball.
Speaker 4: Oh, now they're going to have to make a statue of you. You were about to have to move out, and now the whole town is indebted to you.
Speaker 1: I'm waiting for the email that I read. Justin Staley say you're sorry. He's the one that sent the email. All right, Wild Car Wednesday, Anything goes Thursday, Cyprus versus Montrose Man, I love this game. Congratulations, Joshua. Summer Marco Marco? Has anybody seen Marco?
Speaker 7: He gets another summer with a Ron Ryan Show on ninety four to five.
Speaker 1: All right, good morning guys, Hope you're off to a great start to your day today. Foo Fighters, Dave Grohl and his daughter on a TikTok. It's getting racking up some hits on TikTok. Some kind of viral dance Charlie XCX.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he's having like a brat summer.
Speaker 1: Okay, is that her thing? And then there's some kind of Bratt dance that goes along with it.
Speaker 4: Maybe Apple dance. Yeah, all right, I don't know how I know that.
Speaker 1: All right, Well, Dave Groll getting a lot of dad points right now with him and his daughter doing what many dads are out there just doing. But it's I get it. It's Dave Groll doing it with his daughter. So people are gonna talk about it. Summer of summer. Sissler before that great matchup, Joshua Kraft. Oh no, it was Sean Sean Keaton who said he was worried for Tomba much appreciated. No, no, no, Samuel who was the guy? I can't find the guy that he did send me the email?
Speaker 4: I got an email about our world card Wednesday.
Speaker 6: Read it.
Speaker 1: No, Justin Staley is the guy that number one said? Okay, I'm from here, this guy, where'd you get this? Joker? Rod? I would have lost? Tell your boy he's a killer. Let's go, Tomball. I'm sorry.
Speaker 4: I love the apology.
Speaker 1: Thank you. Before you get into that, I wanted to talk to Sizzler because somebody said, well, what was the song? Rod? There was so much excitement. I thought it was Nickelback. Okay, me too, sam Me too, and I cannot believe I've never put these two songs together. This is the song that Alex had for Game seven of The Suburb Summer Sissler. There's obviously no singing going on, so it's not nickelback photograph. He chived in, he said stained, he said outside Tom Ball gets to win. Okay, so give me that opening note, Alex one more time, and then give me what I thought the song was.
Speaker 4: It's just the same.
Speaker 3: It's a little louder, it's still more agro.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, it's I don't know, it's higher, it's it's certainly the tempo. It's quicker, it's brighter sounding, and I don't think it's the exact same notes. It's just that's just the key above, unless it's just the second floor is on the sneak. Yeah, it's like a slowed down version. I never I never once put these two songs together. If I'm playing the Sizzler, I jump in and I say, photograph on that opening note, probably SA and nord Ton of Wanda is packing their bags. You gotta get that's my suburb. Well that's not my suburb anymore. But yeah, I would have lost that game. I would have lost that game for sure. Okay, great matchups. That was fun today, That was really really fun today. We're going to do it again tomorrow August first. Can you believe tomorrow's August I can't Cypress takes on Montrose Cypress and Montrose tomorrow on the suburb of Summer Sissler. If you haven't heard your suburb yet, that means you can still sign up to play and have a crack at that five thousand dollars all in total, six thousand dollars that our friends over at Shell Federal Credit Union have given us.
Speaker 5: The Buzz rock and all tearing The rod Ryan Morning Show.
Speaker 6: I'm six to ten AM.
Speaker 1: Ninety four to five the Buzz, Good morning, rod Ryan's Show. You guys are doing such a good job this morning. Dev's gonna give me an update. She says that we are just about there to get our money Joe Meyers Toyota our match day. They're offering up five thousand dollars, and she says, you guys are crushing it this morning, So thank you very much for that. So we'll talk more about that after nine o'clock plus. Rod Ryan showed twentieth Anniversary party tickets I'll have those four coming up. I'm in such a good mood. I don't know. I might get silly, I might give away more. I don't know.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: Right now, I'm so happy that you guys are killing it this morning, helping us out with our backpack drive ten percent, Chancell Ray mostly sunning Hive around ninety six. I'm am already there. Okay, what do you got?
Speaker 3: Houston's headlines Kamala Harris is selling Donald Trump to say it to my face. The Democratic presidential candidates spoke at a campaign rally in Atlanta yesterday and said Trump won't a debater, but he and his running mate sure seemed to have a lot to say about her. Trump was set to debate Joe Biden September tenth. He said he wanted to debate Harris when he was interviewed by Fox News on Monday, but he could also make a case for not doing it. Houston City Council will vote today and will propose ordinance to outlaw picketing within two hundred feet of somebody's home. This is an ordinance that's been aimed at protests that target specific residences. So if you had been watching the local news. Earlier this month, pro Hamas demonstrators turned up outside John Mayor Whitmeyer's home, So that's the Houston Mayor. In the past year, protesters have also targeted the homes of Senator Ted Cruz and Congresswoman Lizzie Fletcher. The proposed ordinance would also prohibit the city from issuing a permit for any demonstration in front of a residential property. The key to dieting unsuccessfully is forgetting what you've eaten from day to day, because they're just snags.
Speaker 2: No.
Speaker 3: There's a new report out on snacking and found the average person skips three meals a week. The average person also eats three snacks every day. Chips and fruit are the most popular choices. Crackers were next, followed by cookies and ice cream. What is your go to snack? Boys and girls?
Speaker 1: Chips? Chips. I don't have that sweet tooth, so I don't really keep cookies around. I under listen, you're gonna snack on whatever's available.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So I've had London all month, so I have some foods there that I don't normally keep around all the time. Yeah, and that's been a bit of a killer for me. Yeah, but then there's fruit. I mean fruit.
Speaker 4: They say, like, okay, that's nate. There's candy right.
Speaker 1: Right, and you know what truly is Nature's super candy mangos. My kid loves mangos, and I think those are the sugar sugariest what I already cut? Oh yeah, yeah, cutting a mango. I suck at it. Everybody sucks at cutting mangos. It's the weirdest, odd shaped pit ever. Yeah, you got to cut around it. You have no idea where to start, where to end. There's a lot of sugar. Man, it's a little baby.
Speaker 3: My mom said she used to just give us like the mango seed because you know, it's like two big breast swallows. So we were just no on it. Okay she said that. Would you know, we quite like that when we were That is exactly why. Okay, So choose better snacks, choose to be more healthy. How about that? How about don't skip meals? Put in something healthy there. CNN is working on a new travel series called My Happy Place, and it really is something that they're trying because they haven't had a traditional travel series like Anthony Bourdaine's Parts Unknown. He passed away, so they're saying this new series is expected to launch next year. Now, instead of just picking one host, which you can never ever perplace Anthony Bourdain, they have a roster of hosts. This includes Alan Cumming, Taraji p Henson, Billy Porter, Octavius Spencer at Questlove and more. So.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 4: I'm a fan of a travel series, so I thought people might be interested in knowing.
Speaker 3: That jelly Roll, the ex convict, is now Jelly Rolled the deputy sheriff. He was sworn in with the oath of office by an officer in Michigan named Sherry Sheriff Swanson.
Speaker 4: He said, this is a real deal.
Speaker 3: You walk in any facility, you can tell him your deputy sheriff from Genesee County.
Speaker 4: And when jelly Roll was presented.
Speaker 3: With his badge and official sheriff, I d he had one thing to say from convict to deputy, which a lot of people were saying, Hey, that's a good title for our song. So he has done so much good for his community, and I mean he gets a badge for it. Now, that's pretty cool. Those are Houston headlines.
Speaker 1: Normally you got to be around for twenty thirty years. Yeah, to get a movie made from out of you. Yeah, this guy's ready. Oh, jelly roll, many lies, Jolly Roll is ready to be turned into a movie right now?
Speaker 2: Is it literally long enough?
Speaker 1: Like I feel you hear the doc?
Speaker 2: You gotta wait a little bit before you.
Speaker 1: I don't know. I don't know. It's the quickest to the big screen of anybody ever, because he's had the fastest. He's had what they call, if you look up in the dictionary, meteoric rise. He's now the definition of that. I've never seen anybody go up so quickly and to be at the top of your game in such a short period of time. It wasn't that long ago that we didn't know who he was. Who's this guy opening up for Shine Down? Last year? We didn't know who he was and people didn't know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, all right, what do you got? The astros fellow the Pirates last night sixty two. They're gonna wrap up this series with them this evening. Franberval does have be in the mount for Destris going up against Pittsburgh's Jake Woodford first pitches at seven ten. You can listen to it on our sister station, Sports Talk seven ninety. The MLB Trade deadline was yesterday and the Astros added another pitcher they sink cash and at prospect, the Yankees for reliever Caleb Ferguson and some Olympic news. Team USA added six more medals, so their total yesterday there is only one of them was gold and that was the women's gymnastic team winning the team competition. Our women's rugby team got bronze on a last second try that they scored as time expired. You can go see that on the sports blog page today. The mens soccer team also beat New Guinea three nothing. US has the most total medals so far with twenty six and four gold medals out of those twenty six. In football news, we are just a day away from the start of the NFL's preseason. The Texans and Bears are gonna kick it all off in the Hall of Fame game tomorrow night in Canton, Ohio. That is what's going on in Sports Houston, Rock Houston's Alternative All Day and The Rock Ryan Morning Show ninety five.
Speaker 1: Ninety four to five, the Bus Good Morning, Rob Ryan Show, First Date. It's a great way to start the fourth and final hour together. Okay, Oh, that means we're getting that much closer to the Rod Ryan Show twentieth anniversary party. Tickets still waiting. I got an email. Deb says she's working some numbers right now. Deb from BMP Brand Management Professionals. They do all of our printing. They are they are our partner in our deb. Yeah is our deb. Yeah. And Mundo runs around saying that he's Swifty fan number one. Maybe like in the dude side of things, but Deb on the chick side of things, there's no doubt about it. Man, she's Swifty fan number one.
Speaker 3: Over there to her office her I mean, she has just emerged as the Yes, the number one Swifty.
Speaker 1: She's the one that kind of cracked open the door a little bit too. She gave London a book a year ago, good book, and it was like one of those little golden books, the golden spine books, and it was a Taylor Swift book. My kid didn't know who Taylor Swift was at the time, and we were just opening it up and it just sounds silly to think that my kid, at some point in her life didn't know who Taylor Swift was. Now it's an obsession like all little kids. But yeah, Deb started that with that book. So she was the Taylor Swift dealer on that. She was the dealer.
Speaker 4: She was the plug that got her hooked.
Speaker 1: She got my kid hooked. She did. She was the one of the guy gave her her first taste of Taylor Swift. So you do it. Ten percent chance of ring mostly sunny. High of ninety six today, so hot. Adding to the mystery of today's Instagram feature, Uh, we've been talking about it all morning long. Everyone's taking a look at it. That in the store. Are the number one links today because of the match day with Joe Myers Toyota. Dear Rod, I'm just going to admit this and be one hundred percent honest. Today's Wildcard Wednesday is not a I trust me. That's my ex. We were in love at one point, So this debate can end right now. If she's fake or not, okay.
Speaker 3: Then give us a picture of you and her together. Yes, give me just one picture of you. You guys were so in love. Show me we don't have to send it out anyway.
Speaker 1: Next email listener, Alex, you hurt her and I back that up one hundred percent. Send me a picture of you and her, and then please end this debate. And tell me that she's not AI because I don't.
Speaker 4: Even tell you to send it to me. I'll just take your little word for it over there.
Speaker 1: I am oh, I would share that for sure, Alix. If you dated her and you guys were in love, I'm assuming at some point you guys took a photograph together. And I'm not saying she's gonna be Listen, I realized she might look a little different. This is a photo shoot. This is this she's super gothically done up.
Speaker 4: We'll call this her. Yeah, this is her revenge body.
Speaker 1: You know, if you're just like hanging out and watching, you know, Survivor. I'm sure she doesn't. I mean, lucky guy, if she doesn't look in dressed like that all the time.
Speaker 4: And why doesn't she smile? Alex, what did you do to her?
Speaker 2: Well, I don't know, she didn't have a smile.
Speaker 3: Now, I'm just asking the guy who's trying to end the debate for us.
Speaker 1: You don't smile?
Speaker 4: The reason was him, Yeah, mistaking never smile again.
Speaker 1: Do we have a metal metal county? Can we put that in?
Speaker 2: Obviously we can do that.
Speaker 1: So I was I was asked if I want to meet with you a time. Well, I was, but I was asked if I wanted a metal metal count, and I said, is it gonna be really good? And then you're gonna have to update it all the time.
Speaker 2: Like test, do you get it? Like it's a metal count at the Olympic medal right, which is we're watching like you like metal, like the rock music metal. It's like a metal metal count metal metal.
Speaker 1: Now I get it, Okay, I.
Speaker 2: Don't think you got it.
Speaker 1: What if I said a heavy metal metal count?
Speaker 2: Heavy metal metal makes sense?
Speaker 4: All right?
Speaker 2: All right, let's see if this thing flies.
Speaker 9: Welcome to the twenty twenty four Paris Summer Games.
Speaker 6: Heavy metal cown.
Speaker 2: Sun like.
Speaker 1: Six gold metal. I'll tell ya, sa Usa four cold. I love it, Okay, I wouldn't hate that being updated every day. I don't know. Let me know if that's something that you think we should continue with. I kind of like the heavy metal metal count. That's pretty good. I liked the we played another bit. What the hell this show plays bits now by July? Can we think that in later?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Okay, later on this hour with the Goodbye to July, I thought was pretty good too. I thought that one. I thought we hit on both of those today. Okay, Dev's working. Dev's working. I'm waiting for an update. I'll have an update on the flip of this break because I'm gonna move on. I am so confident that we hit the five thousand dollars today, meaning that we're gonna get that. You guys dropped five thousand dollars in sales and donations so generous. There is ninety hats left I think out of the one hundred and forty four that we started. Because there's a couple of new things in the I gotta make sure I hit this every time. There's a brand new shirt in there, but up button down. The debate continues. But it's like gas station attendant type shirt. And there is a twentieth anniversary ball cap in there. A Richardson. I know, I got your attention. Now what it's a Richardson?
Speaker 4: No, I don't know what that means. People know what it means.
Speaker 1: It's the Lebitton of hats as the red bottom hat.
Speaker 2: I don't even know. I don't even know what I said, like Cardi b SI, So.
Speaker 1: I have I got those hats in there. So there's some new stuff for you to look at in there. I'm so positive that we are going to hit the You guys are going to hit that five thousand dollars, so that means a ten thousand dollars day that I am going to give away a pair of scheduled Rod Ryan showed twentieth anniversary party tickets October twelfth. They were scheduled.
Speaker 4: Here are you crazy?
Speaker 1: Well, here's where it does get a little loco. I'm gonna k I'm gonna take caller ten and then I'm gonna take call her eleven. I'm gonna give away two eight. Okay, it's not been done yet.
Speaker 4: Wait, I'm changing up the rule.
Speaker 1: You can't do that, Rod Yeah, put me in a box.
Speaker 2: Here is gonna be so.
Speaker 5: Mad, guys, so mad.
Speaker 2: I see it at the door right.
Speaker 1: Now, am a morning peacock lock. Have to let me fly seven one three, two one two five nine four five call her ten and call her eleven. I think we can do that. Okay, it's our party. Caller ten and eleven are going to the twentieth anniversary party. It's a win your weigh in situation over at the Carbock Brewery. Good Luck, Houston's Rock, Houston's Alternative all Day and the Rock Ryan Morning Show ninety five, The Buzz ninety four or five, The Buzz, Good Morning, rod Ryan's Show.
Speaker 2: Over six thousand dollars what has been spent and the rod.
Speaker 1: Ryan Show Cares online store. Thank you, guys, so that maxes out the five thousand dollars at Joe Myers Toyota on their match is giving us. I'll do the math for you. It's eleven thousand dollars. Kim. It's huge, guys. That is huge man. First of all, Joe Meyers Toyota, thank you for motivating all of our listeners to get in there and donate today. I'm not done. I want you guys to still get in the store. There are brand new shirts and brand new ball caps in there. The shirts are gonna be We're gonna order the exact number that are purchased. The hats, on the other hand, I had to buy one hundred and forty four hats.
Speaker 2: What kind of hats with those? Agan? I heard the Richardson's.
Speaker 1: They are the Richardson caps that apparently people love the dicks. If I don't, if I don't sell them, I'm stuck with them. I ordered one hundred and forty four of them. There's ninety of them left.
Speaker 2: You only have one head.
Speaker 1: I need you to go get those hats. Yeah, okay, because I got to back out money and pay for those hats and then sell them at a later date or whatever. But still, Alex, I know you're ready to do your bit that everybody loves aol.
Speaker 2: I gonna give away some tickets that first obvious.
Speaker 1: Okay, good Morning rod Ryan' show. Do doo doo doo. Maybe this side, let me try this Good Morning rod Ryan Show. Hello, brother rod Well.
Speaker 2: Hello, Who's this is David?
Speaker 1: David?
Speaker 2: You call her number ten?
Speaker 10: Yes.
Speaker 2: Yes.
Speaker 1: The only way to get into the Rod Ryan Show twentieth anniversary party October twelve at Carbon Brewery is to win your way in. You just did that, David, and that's fantastic, brother Rod.
Speaker 2: I appreciate it.
Speaker 1: I was there on your senth anniversary. You were there, so you know I was there, sir. Okay, I got I got to meet Blue October. Oh yeah, that's yeah. Justin was that that one? Of course?
Speaker 4: It was Justin and Ryan will be there at this one.
Speaker 1: Such a good friend of the show. David. Thank you, man. I'm glad you're gonna be at that party. Hang on for me now.
Speaker 2: I'm in such a good mood.
Speaker 1: I'm just getting silly on a Wednesday, good morning, good morning. If we hadn't raised the amount of money that we raised right here, you and I wouldn't even be talking right now, dude.
Speaker 2: So I don't know what to tell you.
Speaker 1: I just gave away a pair of tickets. I should be done with this whole transaction. But I said, I mean such a good mood, I would take caller ten and eleven, David was ten, Kevin your caller eleven?
Speaker 3: Dad, Let's go.
Speaker 1: Let's go Kevin eleven.
Speaker 3: Kevin, you wouldn't even have these tickets if Roger and just be in a great.
Speaker 2: Mood to it.
Speaker 4: That's it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's awesome. That's awesome.
Speaker 10: Let's go.
Speaker 1: I think it is awesome.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 1: You are into the twentieth anniversary party October twelfth, Carbock Brewery. I didn't run this by chili.
Speaker 3: I think as long as you're not asking for like Collored twenty, really I got an extra winner here.
Speaker 4: He's saying, oh, is that okay?
Speaker 1: Come on, it's Kevin eleven. We don't have any more technbook suit. Go it's Kevin. It's Kevin eleven, Kevin eleven. You see, if it was anyone else, I could see, but the alliteration is there. Can we please get him in?
Speaker 4: I don't know what's for the jeep? Kevin can go for the rod Yeah.
Speaker 2: I ordered it.
Speaker 1: I ordered two shirts and two ball caps this morning in the Rod Ryan show care store.
Speaker 2: That's good. You know you're a better person than me.
Speaker 4: Where's the geep?
Speaker 3: All right?
Speaker 2: I don't need.
Speaker 1: Chili's approval, Kevin eleven. You're into the party, okay. I no, thanks to Chili. No, thanks to the Chili. You are in Kevin eleven and David Man.
Speaker 10: Keep it up.
Speaker 3: Let's go.
Speaker 2: Thank you. Kevin Online.
Speaker 5: It's Alex online.
Speaker 2: The muzz.
Speaker 1: You need some Olympic music?
Speaker 2: Yeah, why not? Let's keep it going? All right?
Speaker 1: What do you got?
Speaker 2: Oh? I've been trying to stick Olympic themes. That's not a guarantee that it'll stay that way, but this is a pretty interesting one. It'll it'll just take up a couple of minutes of your time today at work. It is underwater Olympic photos and it doesn't sound as cool as.
Speaker 7: It really is.
Speaker 2: But I like it's like when you when you have if you blow a leaf blower in somebody's face and their face gets all out of proportions. When when the swimmers dive in and their lips are moving all back weird. It's just a bunch of photos of that. As they're swimming through the water. Some of them look really cool. You have the like the fish eye version of them. A couple of times you got the breaststroke, or they're coming over and they got to put their hands like right under their chest like that. It's crazy seeing like how the water moves under them. It's a bunch of HD photos of like look at that breathing out and you just see bubbles coming out of her nose right there.
Speaker 1: You know what's amazing what you're talking about when they jump in. The amount of equipment on the bottom of that floor of the pool is incredible to me.
Speaker 2: I watched a TikTok on that yesterday, so it looks like mirrors at it. Those are lap counters, So they all they have to do is just look under the water. They have to worry or remember how many laps there on. We're like, okay, you're on this, you're on this. This is how many meters you've gone.
Speaker 1: There's train tracks, there's cameras, there's everything on the floor of the pool. It's insane.
Speaker 3: On that note, why can't we get automated lines for the tennis because.
Speaker 4: That is what we really need. We need those judges there the way, it's all high text for the swimming.
Speaker 3: We need to do that so Coco cannot get in a fight with every judge.
Speaker 2: Ever met on a tennis sided with the Coco goff of every time she's ever lost. She didn't cry, but like, you should not have been the flag bearer for you're to cry like that? No, no, right, but she should not have cried. Go check it out Underwater Olympics. If the famished. Ryan Show page at the Buzz dot com.
Speaker 5: The Ron Ryan Show.
Speaker 1: On ninety four five, The Bus ninety four five The Buzz, Good Morning, Rot Ryan Show, Papa Roach.
Speaker 2: They were on Family Feud last night they win.
Speaker 1: I don't know. I was gonna ask Oil and guests Greg because he usually kind of keeps up on that because he said, hey, did you mention on the show today? Papa Roach was taking on Daughtry on Celebrity Family Feud last night. Did anyone watch it? Listen? I follow I am sure there's probably Can you look real quick, just said Papa Roach. Just see what they got on their Instagram. I'm sure Jacobe puts something up or whoever runs their I know Jacoby does a lot of that stuff. Celebrity family feud. Yeah, Papa Roach taken on Daughtry apparently. I don't know how it turned out. I see nothing about a ten percent chance of rain today, mostly sunny sky's highs of around ninety six. If you're just joining the show, We've been doing this Joe Myers Toyota match Day all day and all I needed you guys to do was go in there and spend five thousand dollars. And then Joe Myers said, you know, we'll match all the sales up until five thousand dollars. You guys have spent over seven thousand dollars this morning. Thank you so much. And people are people are continuing to go into the store and buy and make purchases and donate. And that Richardson's cap, there's a Rod Ryan showed twentieth anniversary baseball cap in there, and it's got a sowd on patch. It's a faux leather sod on patch. It's the beautiful twentieth anniversary logo, and that one is selling. I just need to sell them all. I just need to sell all those caps.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 1: The store is not closing. Store will be open tomorrow. Store will be open Friday. Payday for many of you. Some of you are getting paid today because it's the last day of the month. So this was perfectly timed out. People got some extra money in their account. Anything on the popa roach front.
Speaker 3: Everyone's just saying like they're competing tomorrow. I'm trying to find the update. I'm going to the X because sometimes they'll be like a spoiler, Yeah that aired last night.
Speaker 4: I'm trying to see who on. I'm having to kind of do a deep dive here.
Speaker 1: Shout out to Kathy Gonzalez. She's freaking out a little bit, and then she got me freaking out. She's rod I'm driving to work in northwest San Antonio and the Rod Ryan Show is on loud and clear. This is wild. And I said, you mean we are coming through on the radio. She goes, yes, this is crazy. Normally it's an R and B station in San Antonio. Uh So she recognizes us because when she's in town, she listens to us if you go to ninety four point five on your radio in San Antonio this morning, we're coming through.
Speaker 2: So what happened? There is Victor wim Migyama of the Spurs. That's actually his favorite station in San Antonio. But because I hate him and want to ruin his life, Okay, okay, thank you now making sure we have broadcast on there, and I want you to listen to you right now. Victorim Minyama, You're a bitch.
Speaker 1: You really seem to have it out for that guy.
Speaker 2: I had to go to overtime against Japan and the Olympic. Yes, shitay, okay, he's eighteen feet tall, Okay, did see?
Speaker 3: He was like double the size of one of the Japanese players. They want it overtime, but the fact that it was close says a lot.
Speaker 1: You're not talking about Papa rochin A.
Speaker 4: I'm looking. I'm still looking like everyone's like, I have to watch this. I want to see.
Speaker 3: Oh my gosh, family feud Like there's literally if that's all good, how do you think we would do in family feud?
Speaker 1: You gotta have five right, I feel like I would do Yeah, could get a wizard, right, radio wizard he would kill. He kind of likes to call himself the filler.
Speaker 3: I think I think Daughtry one. I think Daughtry one because they're in the finals at home. They're at that last you know, that final round. I found this clip on YouTube. Okay, yeah, we're basically like doing the final rounds.
Speaker 1: I haven't seen family feud in years. But to make it to that point, I think you have to be the winning team to go and play in that final round. Yeah, Moises went in the store today, says brother, longtime listener. I heard about the shirts this morning. It looked so good. I ordered one. I ordered the baseball cap. Also, thank you. Question, how and where do the backpacks get given out? I'm asking for someone. Maybe it's too late, if some sort of registration needs to take place to get a backpack. I'm just curious. Now you may or not get this email in time. I do have the email in time. I'm reading it right now. I was born and raised in h Town, gen X did not need as much stuff back in the day like they do now, but my cousins had it hard, and my aunt and uncle were always looking to help. So when you mentioned earlier this morning, it really really hit home. I don't remember what I said, but whatever I said in the seven.
Speaker 2: O'clock hour, man, I'm gonna go.
Speaker 1: And cut copy paste for Pete and use that every year. He said he would help out as a kid from his own savings doing lawns and chores and money and parents to help out with his cousins. He said, your show brings so much positive energy. It is needed these days. It always has. You're a good man with a good heartbro. The h Town community, I'm sure really appreciates this. Well, that's it's the generosity of the community, and that's what really I'm just opening up the door and giving people an avenue to show their generosity. He says, have a great hump Day and a great weekend, brother Rod. And that's Moyses.
Speaker 3: I think you said some of the effect of like, imagine looking at this list and wondering.
Speaker 4: Like, how are we going to do this?
Speaker 2: I saw I saw this.
Speaker 1: I saw London's first grade list, and this is the recommended things that she needs to get started. And it's a pretty crazy list. And for me doing this as long as I have it's fifteenth year. We're working and I'm going to get to what he said, working with Houston Ldren's charity, fifteen years of this and now I like, I got a kid in the game. I have a kid in the game, and I'm looking at this list yesterday and I doing it fifteen years. I'm looking at this list saying, Wow, there's people that are just looking at what their kid needs and they can't. They can't, they don't have it. They don't have it. Now you're picking and choosing from that list, what do you need most? Where you're lucky if you can get anything on that list. And that's what this is all about. So he asked where what do you do? How do you give out these backpacks? Houston Children's Charity dot org. You hear me talk about them all the time, Elizabeth shout out. I know you're listening. Laura Ward, love you and everybody over there. That's who you go through. You go through that website. Now, I don't know if it's too late to sign up for that, but that's something that people that they use them all year long. There's a Christmas program they work together with the Furniture Bank, and you know, they get kids off of the floor, They give away beds, they give way vehicles. They give away. Vehicles that can get kids in wheelchairs with lifts in them, they give away. I mean Tony Buzby's involved with this. I mean when it comes to a great program, when it comes to Houston Children's Charity. You know you have what's his name, Rockets owner Tilman's on the board.
Speaker 3: Well, think about what you said yesterday, like parents are looking for ways to keep their kids, prevent them from being bored in the summer. Imagine if your kid was in a wheelchair and you didn't have the right, you know, transportation to get them outside.
Speaker 4: So that program, man, that'll bring tears to your eyes. Yeah, learn more about it.
Speaker 1: We are just a small small piece of what Houston Children's Charity dot org does, so we'll be working with them this week. If you do know somebody that needs a backpack, I would start at that website. If it's too late, fine, but you know what, those kids are probably of age where they're gonna be going to school for the next couple of years. You can sign up on that website. I talk so much money about I talk so much about like raising the money and getting there, and I don't really mention that that's exactly why we paired this. You know, we had the idea to do this. We came to Houston Children's Charity and we said, Okay, Boom, do you want to do a new program over there? And that's how this match was made in heaven. Okay, thank you. Everybody's been so unbelievably generous this morning. I love it, every single one of you. I really do. Thank you. Left to give away. We've been counting down all week five four three two, one third row tickets for this Saturday Night's third Eye Blind show. I have those tickets for you on the flip of this break. Know the show coming up, Houston's Rock, Houston's Alternative, and the Rod Ryan Morning Show, Rod Ryan's Show. Do you want to know what kind of guy Bro Brad is? Do you want to know?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Yeah, but tell us remind us.
Speaker 1: If you're just talking about Bro Brad before. He's the kind of guy that hears me on the air saying thank you everybody. We hit our mark, We we got the money. We we far exceeded the five thousand dollars, and he's just like, hey, Bro, just you know I ordered fifty backpacks for you guys. Awesome After we already. I said, thank you, were done.
Speaker 4: Awesome.
Speaker 1: He's like, here's a thousand dollars, let me go order the just here, here's a bunch of backpacks being Brad.
Speaker 4: Let's just bro bring Brad un believing.
Speaker 1: La la la la la la la la la la la la la la la. And I didn't looked at the totals yet. I think Ashley got in for one thousand last time, and then she might have put a seven hundred dollars order in this one. I'm gonna look this morning. I look that up. Unbelievable, the amount of money that people are spending today. So we hit it. We far exceeded it, and more money is coming in. So thank you. Oh it's so needed, it's so needed. Joe Byer's Toyota. Thank you for motivating everybody to get out there and spend and donate today. So great, third eyed line. We're counting down in the first five rows for the Summer God's Tour, which is this Saturday night at the Woodlands. We're on row three right now. What's your question?
Speaker 4: Well, I thought we had a great show. I thought it like flew By blinked, it was over. But there was one thing. It was a little sus today it's one of our links remains a mystery.
Speaker 1: It's still being argued.
Speaker 3: What is the thing that we cannot seem to all collectively as a group agree on.
Speaker 1: There are people backing up that guy's email too. Okay, just show me the carfax seven one three two one two five nine.
Speaker 5: It's another summer with the Ron Ryan Show.
Speaker 1: It's so hot on ninety four five the fuzz. Okay, I see nothing about a ten percent chance of rain mostly sunny today. Hi have ninety six and in such a good move.
Speaker 5: Now time for know this show.
Speaker 3: The buzz.
Speaker 1: La la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la. Good morning, Rod Ryan Show, Good morning. Well Hello, who's this? This is Mike? Who?
Speaker 10: Hi?
Speaker 8: Hi?
Speaker 1: Well hello Mike, Hi it Mike. Just realize oh jeeum on the radio. I better sound excited? All right, you sound great, Mike, welcome in. You made it through. I know the show. Tessa. What's your question?
Speaker 3: Hey, Mike, what is one suss thing that has kind of been looming in the background this whole entire show?
Speaker 10: Is that girl ai or is she real?
Speaker 2: I'll tell you what.
Speaker 1: If there's some is it. I'm asking my Alex. Is there an Alex Oh in the Gravy Gang?
Speaker 3: There is?
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, the MVP last year.
Speaker 1: So there's other Gravy Gangers that are co signing that alex Oh. Apparently he dates a lot of girls, That's what I heard. Unless they're unless they're gassing them up in your Gavy gang, you're you know, you're slaying. Okay, But I'm saying they guess each other up. They're like Canadians, they all stick up for one another. So the guy Alex email, he said, that's my ex. Two people from the Gravy Gang said, yep, he dated her. Nobody has been able to produce a photograph. Why would they lie because you're their leader.
Speaker 2: Nothing about it is false.
Speaker 1: You are the leader. You live in your world of tall tales. I'll use it at that man.
Speaker 2: Then I didn't realize it was that Alex.
Speaker 1: All Right, yeah, I think it's Ai. I'm not listening to these Gravy Gangers. I'll tell you what.
Speaker 4: Now we know it's Ai.
Speaker 2: Mike.
Speaker 1: You're in the third row for Third Eye Blind. Awesome, that's the row you want to be in. Right, it's third Eye Blind. Second, it's not front eye right, front eye blind. It's third eye blind. You're in the third row Saturday night, dude. Congratulations, all right, hang on for me, Mike, thank you. I forgot We used to use this music all the time for the Instagram feature.
Speaker 10: All right.
Speaker 1: I did want to recognize and I know that none of you do it for that. Our very first match day was with Primary Federal Credit Union when we started the program this summer trying to raise money for backpacks. I can tell you the date. It was June twenty sixth Ashley with An I drop one thousand dollars in there in the store.
Speaker 4: Crazy.
Speaker 1: Today is another match day. It's July thirty. First Ashley with An I dropped seven hundred and seventy eight dollars and sixty two cents this summer. This summer, she spent over one thousand, seven hundred dollars in merchandise and donating backpacks. Okay, so she clearly is the goat. She spent more money than everybody and anybody in the history of the rod Ryan shokeras online store. I'm in that top five.
Speaker 2: I'm not on her level.
Speaker 1: Bro, Brad's not even on that level.
Speaker 4: She doesn't make it rain.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, she is. That is cool.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I love you guys. Thank you so much.
Speaker 4: Goals. Will Sergi make it rain on charities.
Speaker 1: Kenny the cash man who I saw his name in the store today, No way he did. Yeah, he beat Fresh Brandon. He's in and says here he barely complained.
Speaker 4: That's why he's in a good mood.
Speaker 1: He can complain. He spent money in the store today. All right, He's gonna go for win number four tomorrow. Joe Myers, everybody over there, thank you guys. Your motivation really, you know, was just really lit a fire underneath everybody today. And people are continuing. I told you, bro, Brad just did that on top of what we already did. So people are still in the store. But there's new merchandise in the store.
Speaker 2: That hat.
Speaker 1: I got to sell all of those hats. So don't leave me hanging on that. Don't leave me with a case of hats, okay, because that's just leaving money on the table. And that's backpacks that I want to buy. AI Wednesday. Is that a new thing for Wednesday? Yeah? Your little Alex gravy ganger guy. Until I see a picture of him, that's not AI generated with him and her Good Luck That chicks ai all the way suburb Summer Sizzler. Josh shocked us today from tom Ball and he beat Heather and Crosby. Throw Back Thursday tomorrow, Read my Lips tomorrow Test it takes on Chile. Chili is the returning champion on that Yeah you're kidding me, kid, Chili won last week. All right, fix the Gram Thursday tomorrow. It looks like the rest of the week. Everybody here on the station's giving away passes to the twentieth anniversary party. So that's what's coming your way with Jeremy.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 1: Keep shopping mane, keep it up in the Rod Ryan Shokeras online store. You guys are doing such an amazing job.
Speaker 2: That's it, man.
Speaker 1: We're on a twenty hour break. We're back tomorrow morning.
Speaker 6: A m F.
Speaker 5: Well, wasn't that fun?
Speaker 7: If you missed any of the show today, All the Good Stuff will be podcast. Check it out on the world famous Ron Ryan showpage at the buzz dot com.