Speaker 1: Here we are, two days to go, and then the ball drops. I love that symbolism on a brand new year. The last few hours of twenty twenty four, Gary Jeff Walker in for Bill Cunningham, and as we begin today, of course, as you have no doubt heard in the news over the weekend, the passing of Jimmy Carter, a president too. I remember very well that presidency. I don't remember it that much as a consumer because I was in high school getting ready to graduate high school. Jimmy Carter's lasting legacy for me is he signed into being not only the Departments of Energy, but also the Department of Education in nineteen seventy nine, the year I graduated from high school, and I have watched education in this country precipitously drop in efficacy ever since, number one in the world before the institution of the DOE, number twenty four in twenty twenty four in the world. Thanks Federal government, Thank you so much. Jimmy Carter did other things, and he did many many, I believe, good hearted and Jesus liked things even after he left the White House. But nobody can deny that his only term as president was troubled at best. That being said, gonna shift our gears now to what's going on as the new year dawns in Israel. I believe it's a little bit after seven o'clock in the evening there. And from that vantage point we have David Rubin, the former mayor of Shilo, Israel and also the man behind the Shilo Israel Children's Fund. You can find them and fund them at Israel children dot org. David Rubin, Welcome to the Bill Cunningham Show. This is Gary jeffn for Willie.
Speaker 2: How are you, hello, Gary Jeff, How are you?
Speaker 1: I'm doing well, sir, And how are things How are things in the Promised Land today?
Speaker 2: Well, just like any any other day in the past year and a half, we we go on with our lives and you know, as celebrating Karnaka here, and you know, we live our lives even though there's a war going on in seven fronts, which is absolutely insane that we're a country about the size up New Jersey fighting a multiple multi front war on seven fronts, and somehow we managed to carry on our lives.
Speaker 1: Happy easily, Yes, not easily, but you do happy. Hanag Guy. I wanted to mention that as well, here at the top, we're still in the middle of the celebration of light. Now, David, with the passing of Jimmy Carter, I wanted to ask you, was it was it a fundamental turn of events in nineteen seventy nine or when it happened for Jimmy Carter to help negotiate the Camp David Accords between Israel and Egypt. How did that? How did that change things in the Middle East.
Speaker 2: Well, let's let's look at it this way. Okay, there were two things that come to mind about Jimmy Carter's presidency, and you know that's not not even to go into. You know, I'm speaking as a foreign observer, even though I did grow up in the United States, and even though I am an American citizen dual citizen with Israel. But you know, I'm not going to get into the domestic issues of if you want to call him, domestic issues of the gas lines and people were standing online for gas, sitting in their cars online for gas for about an hour and a half before they could get gas as a result of Carter's economic and foreign policy. And I'm not going to get into all of those issues. But if I look if we look at foreign policy. And again this is putting aside Carter as a as a you know, basically honest person. He wasn't a corrupt individual, and certainly he did a lot of humanitarian work after he after he of the presidency. But what I remember, what stands out to me is the second that President Reagan came into office. That's when the American hostages were released from Iran, and they were taking during Carter's presidency. It was as a result of a very weak presidency. And yes, in terms of Israel and the peace agreement with Egypt, well it was good that there was a piece agreement with Egypt, but overall it started the process of Israel giving up parts of its tiny piece of land in exchange for a promise of peace. And this happened with Egypt. We really always have a peace with Egypt is a piece of paper. We don't have much in terms of diplomatic relations. It happened with Jordan as well, and and they're all still considered potential enemies of Israel.
Speaker 1: Egypt is not Egypt is not attacking Israel right now and shows no signs that they're going to.
Speaker 2: Right well, as I just as I just said, they're all considered potential enemies of Israel, meaning they they haven't forsworn fighting against Israel, and they and they they always go against Israel in terms of diplomatic relations. Uh there. You know, after October seventh, when one thousand, four hundred Israeli civilians were massacred Egypt, you know, it didn't didn't come with a statement against it. They decided to mediate between Israel and the Commas terrorist organization. There's something that's not right there in that piece. It doesn't smell right. It hasn't smelled right for about forty years, and most Israelis feel the same way. So unfortunately, a land for peace process has never worked, It never can work. The only kind of peace process that can work is what we have with the United Arab Emirates for example, in which we have peaceful peace. We signed a peace agreement based on peace, based on good relations, and that's the only kind of peace agreement that has a chance of working. If they're demanding parts of the historic land of Israel, it can possibly work.
Speaker 1: But and you know what, and that happened during President Trump's first term. Right, part of the Abraham accurts that you're referring to with the UA.
Speaker 2: That's right, that's right, that's right, And that was the novelty. That was the creative approach that had not been done up to that point. And now, granted Trump, yes, he managed to make those piece agreements, but he still hadn't started to understand that that forcing Israel to leave any parts of the land of Israel and hand them over to Muslim terrorists is not going to burn peace. He didn't quite grasp that. But he came a long way from Jimmy Carter and Obama and all the others.
Speaker 1: But I think he gets it now. Doesn't he get it now?
Speaker 2: Well, based on most of his foreign policy advisors, I would say that he gets it. Yeah, he's He's done an amazing job of appointing a team around him that is going to advise him on foreign policy. God willing, they will, they will be approved. And you know, people like prospective Secretary waltz and and Mike Huckabee is the ambassador to Israel, and Marco Rubio, Secretary of State, and Pete Hegseth as well as a Defense secretary. This is a remarkable team that that really understands that the Middle East is not like Switzerland and Austria, you know, it's it's not like two nice, friendly neighbors that don't have to worry about each other.
Speaker 1: So the Hoosis are still a big challenge for Israel in this seven front war that you say you're fighting, and we see that you are fighting and defending the Promised Land. And the Huthis, of course are nothing but an arm of Iran, just like Hamas, just like Hesbulla, just like these other groups that we're doing Iran's bidding as proxies. And it is the answer to go to the source, I mean, and will that be allowed to happen, To get at the Ayatolas and the Mullahs in Iran and get this finished once in for roll, David Rubin, are you optimistic?
Speaker 2: Well, look, yes, I'm optimistic. I'm always optimistic. But if you look at the arms of the octopus, you have to cut off the arms of the octopus. You have to destroy a you have to destroy his below. You have to destroy the Jutis and you know the Yemen Jutis UH as well, the terrorist organization which you know masquerades as the Palestinian authority, and you know it is recognized by the UN as an independent country, even though there are anything but them. They never have been. Uh, you know, they they're all terrorists and they and they all need to be cut down. But again, those are the arms of the octopus. The head of the octopus is Iran, and and yes, Israel is going to have to confront Iran and confront them militarily. Hopefully it'll happen very soon. It seems to me like everything is on hold until Trump comes in. It seems to be the approach of Israel's Minister Benjamin Netanyahu. I know he's in touch with Trump and hopefully there will be good coordination and and the head of the octopus will be will be chopped off.
Speaker 1: It was interesting to see that Cutter asked Kamas to not so politely leave after Trump's win in November. That was that was a good sign of things to come, wasn't it.
Speaker 2: Well, look, it was something that had to be done.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 2: They you know, everyone's trying to make a little gesture to Trump, and even those who are not friendly to the American way and are not friendly to American values, like like a country like Katar.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 2: Then you know, these are people who identify with with Muslim brotherhood, with with all of the radical Muslims of the Middle East. So I don't think we can trust them, and frankly, I don't think we could even trust the Egyptians. I think the bottom line is that Israel can only trust God and ourselves. And we're you know, of course, with the good alliance with the United States, and I as we discussed earlier, I expect the Trump administration to be a good friend of Israel.
Speaker 1: I had a caller last Friday, David talking to David Rubin from the Shiloh Children's Israel Children's Fund. It's Israel Children dot org if you'd like to know more, and David had the caller said in the discussion, I don't know how we got there. He said, I am. I am for the Jewish people, but I'm a guesst Zionist. So you know what I did. I looked up Zionism and you hear that term thrown all around by these pro Hamas protesters, and the Zionists must go and the Zionists must die. Zionism is a political and religious movement that supports the creation of a Jewish state in Israel and the concentration of Jews in the region. Zionists believe that all Jews are one nation, that the only solution to anti Semitism is to establish a Jewish state in what is called Palestine. I see nothing wrong with Zionism because I believe that Israel is for Jews. Before it was established as the Jewish state after World War Two, it was the Holy Land for two thousand years that God gave to the Jewish people. What's what's wrong with the term Zionism and why is it misused and mischaracterized the way it is?
Speaker 2: Well, because those are those are the people, as I.
Speaker 1: Know say, I'm before that, I'm more of the Jewish people, but I'm against Zionists, and it's like it is.
Speaker 2: Well, they're also against the They're also against the Bible. You know, if you you open up your Bible, it's all about God's relationship with the Jewish people, and the Jewish people have chosen to be kingdom of priests and holy nation that we're supposed to be moral leaders in the world. Moral leadership doesn't mean allowing yourself to be destroyed. So uh, you know, you have to take all that with a slight grain of salt because we're because we're talking about haters of Israel. Now. The only thing that I would take issue with in that definition of Zionism, that's a very ah it's a very secular definition. And you know, I define Zionism as and as do a majority of Israelis at this point, Zionism is the return of It's about the return of the Jewish people to the land of Israel, to the land there was promised to them by God. And that's Israel. That's Israel, that's Zionism, and Zionism is the national the national movement of the people of Israel who were exiled from the Land of Israel two thousand years ago by the Romans. The Romans renamed Israel and Judea, which were the Jewish names. They renamed the land Palestina, giving it a Roman derivative of the word Philistines. That's what the history, the objective facts on the ground are that after being an Israel for many hundreds of years as a sovereign nation in the time of Samuel the Prophet and King David and King Solomon and their kingdoms, that those were Jewish kingdoms, those were that was Israel. And yes, we're exiled from the land. We scattered around the world for two thousand years. We were homeless people, and now now we are back and we you know, we've been back for close to one hundred years, and we're not planning on leaving anytime soon. By the way, and the Arab nations that surround us and have seven hundred times a land mass, then Israel, you know, they're not too happy about it. So they're you know, could they believe that only Muslims should be allowed to live in the Middle East, that there should be some kind of caliphate like iss wanted.
Speaker 1: Seeing David, that's that's gonna be. That's the dichotomy there is, because if you are peaceful and you obey the laws of Israel, you can be a Muslim and live in Israel. You can be a Christian and live in Israel. You don't have to be Jewish to you can be an Arab and and live in Israel.
Speaker 2: But if you are only that, you could even be in the Israeli parliament.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 2: It's it's that that is Israel. Israel is a free country, a democratic country, and we're we're the only one in the Middle East. By the way, and and we're you know, we're we're here with thriving and thank God, we're going to continue to thrive even though we're we have to. You know, we have these these wars hoisted upon us every couple of years.
Speaker 1: We wish you well, sir. We were running short on time. I wanted to mention again the Israel Children's Fund. Uh, Israel Children's dot Org is at the exact address. What's the exact address.
Speaker 2: Israel, Yes, yes, Israel Children dot Org. All right, just those two words, Israel Children dot org and people can find out about our programs for the terror victim children here in Israel at Israel Children dot Org.
Speaker 1: Thank you so much, and God bless you.
Speaker 2: Happy New Year, thank you, Happy New Year to you.
Speaker 1: All right, David Reuben, as we begin this Bill Cunningham Show the Monday before the ball drops, Dave Hatter with some tech talk coming up next, thought, perhaps we were part of the Salt Typhoon telecom hack by the Communist Chinese Party. We couldn't reach Dave Hatter for a moment. We were calling and his phone wasn't ringing. Don't you hate that when that happens? Gary jeff In for Willy on the Bill Cunningham Show on this Monday before the year is up. So we decided we'd ask what is up with our tech guy, Dave Hatter? And here he is, Hello, Matt Hatter, what's going on in Happy new year?
Speaker 4: Thanks Gary Jeff, Happy new to you and all your listeners. And yeah, I don't know if my lead line bunker was just on extra high today or if the Salt Typhoon guys got me or what. But yeah, I don't know, I don't know. Yeah, those things a trifle case, Garry Jeff.
Speaker 1: Speaking of Salt Typhoon, the US has added a ninth telecom lump company to the list of targets. First and foremost, what is this salt typhoon, Dave? And why should I care?
Speaker 2: Well?
Speaker 4: I hate these names. You know, when you talk to cybersecurity people and particularly the government, they've defined a whole category of cyber attackers as advanced persistent press. These are generally nation state actors that have essentially unlimited money, unlimited expertise, unlimited time to hack. Right in the Big four are China and Russia around in North Korea. That's not to say there aren't others out there. But you know, those people see those as the real enemies. And I think China is by far the biggest enemy because they have the most resources. And you need to look no further than the fact that virtually every new military equipment they make seems to look exactly like ours. And I don't think that's any coincidence. You know, they're hacking American companies and they're stealing data. And when people say I have nothing to hide, I don't, you know, I'm not worried about this. Well, that's part of it, right. They're stealing trade secrets, they're stealing military secrets, They're stealing anything and everything they can because why would you want to invest in a new drug or a new plane or a new fill in the blank areas? Yet you can just steal the information you need from us. Instead of billions of dollars and you know, maybe dozens of years to come up with some new things, they just steal it from us. So Salt TI Food is one of these crazy names they come up with, these off the wall names. I don't really know why or how to explain it. And it's an advanced persistem threat hacker that has a parent infiltrated now at least nine major telecom that works, you know, think of people like Verizon, T Mobile, AT and T and uh. You know, it's it's really disturbing to me as more and more information about this comes out. You know, there was a great headline over the past couple of days that basically you have the federal government basically just trying to point the finger at people on this while this continues. They've come out and said, you know that you should use encrypted apps. You know, it's no longer good enough to just send a text to someone unless you have intod encryption. You're using an app like Signal because essentially did it as infiltration, they're able to suck up everything that's traversing these telecom that works, which is basically everything now. So it's a real problem.
Speaker 1: So if I've got my phone and I decided to text you, then somebody who has infiltrated my provider can get whatever I'm texting you instantly, right, Is that what you're telling.
Speaker 4: You into encryption, That's what I'm telling you. I'll send me. You're not using encryption. So like if you have an Apple phone, then I have an Apple phone. If you send me a text using I Message, Apple's native text platform. Those messages are encrypted into end, but if you send a message to some say an Android user, it may or may not be encrypted. Most likely won't be, especially if they're on an older phone. And that's where they've recommended that people switch to apps like Signal, which I think also is quite interesting and ironic ary Jeff, because you may recall, I know you and I've talked about it before, how our government is constantly saying, oh, encryption is bad. We like backdoors, you know, we want to be able to suck up all your communications. And now they've suddenly realized, wait a minute, they haven't have said this. This is me paraphrasing, but maybe backdoors are bad. That seems to be how they got into this telecom network, and that indo end encryption is good because of course now their stuff is being sucked up as well. So yeah, Signal is a good choice. It's an end to end encrypted app. But the problem is then you've got to add me to Signal. It creates friction, it's kind of a pain. But until we get a better handle on this and understand what's really happening, this is a serious problem in theory, any kind of communication that was not into encrypted, any your bank information, any anything you've done that's reversed this one of these networks theoretically has been captured by our adversary.
Speaker 1: So basically, you either need to go back to my flip phone or when I meet someone and get a new number, make sure if they've got an Android, I never call them. Only if you've got an iPhone, you're you're on the good list. You got an iPhone, you're on the good You got a flip phone, it's fine, if you got to go, If you got an Android, you got a Google phone, I'm not even gonna talk to you again, and and I will just dismiss your text as junk and block you forever. Is that a little bit too drastic.
Speaker 4: It might be a little too drastic. And the voice is kind of in a separate realm, you know, because typically that wouldn't be into end encrypted adviceory using one of these end to end encrypted apps. So this this bear's watching you know. Now we've got a ninth company that's been added, but only after they put out guidelines to help these companies determine, you know, these are the these are the indicators of compromise to look for to determine that you have been infiltrated. And you know this has now been weeks, if not months. It's uh, it's really pretty scary considering that everything is digital now. I mean, think about it, Cary, Jeff, what do you not do in some sort of digital way, whether it's a phone, it's with a computer. Forget the particular mechanism, but you know your bankings online, your shopping Zoneline, your entertainment zoneline, and they are theoretically sucking all of that up.
Speaker 1: Well, I know, Dave Patter that you have had some issues, you know, a lot of issues with any Chinese held company, including TikTok, which is I guess owned by Byte Dance. But uh, Donald Trump has just in the last week and has asked the Supreme Court to rule on this TikTok band that's supposed to take an effect at the first of this coming year, and he has asked them to reconsider that legislation that was signed under Joe Biden and the Congress that is leaving. And I just want to know where you come down on that, because I know you're not a fan of government regulation or the you know, the appearance of regulating free speech and free enterprise and the like. But at the same time you were very distrustful, as anyone should be, of the communist Chinese and anything they've got their fingers in.
Speaker 4: Well, you asked an interesting question. Yes, I have been warning people about TikTok and any sort of Chinese controlled application as a reminder, and I've got all this linked if you just looked me up on LinkedIn. I just recently wrote a blog posted by why folks should stop using Kamu and other Chinese controlled apps for shopping, And I mean it's all the same thing, right. They actually have a law. The Hill did a nice piece on it. I have a linked in there about how in twenty twenty one they passed the law in China and it basically mandates that any company that is a Chinese company must turn over any data the Chinese Communist Party wants any time they want it. So this this again, this is all well documented, right, So, whether it's TikTok or Tamu or fill in the blank, they have to turn over any information that is requested of them. These apps are all incredibly aggressive in the data they want to collect from their machine or your device. Would's say, you know, I encourage people go to the Apple app store and look at the privacy label for TikTok. It is trying to collect anything and everything that it can from their phone, stuff that has absolutely nothing to do with you watching some stupid video online. Same thing with shopping on Tamu. It's collecting all kinds of information that really has nothing to do with the shopping experience, because that data is valuable in and of itself, both for monetization purposes, but it's also useful for you know, mind control, propaganda persuasion purposes, which is the real knock on TikTok in my point. So let me just give you a couple of headlines in the last few days. It's a great segue off the fact that, you know, our own government says that the Chinese Communist Party has hacked our teletoon networks. So here's a headline from Recorded Future breaking the cycle Chinese Communist Party propaganda infrastructure rapidly expands, so there's one for you. And then from Washington Times, Chinese communists military writings revealed plans for strategic influence operations throughout or through TikTok, So this isn't me just making this stuff up, Gary Jeff. Despite the fact that I have been warning about it for a long time, more and more people are getting wise to this. So I'm obviously really disappointed of the position that President Trump has taken on this. I think it's wrong. The data collection is bad, it's a problem. I'm concerned about that. But I'm much more concerned about the fact that as they build in more granular and detailed profile about you, and they can use their heating feature well documented by Forbes, where they use TikTok to promote pro Chinese narratives and anti you know, and repress anything that might be anti CCT. You know. Here again Washington Times, this story is this. In the past few days, Chinese communists military writing revealed plans for strategic influence operations through TikTok. You know, they're using it as it Imagine, Gary Jeff, imagine if you could step back until let's say nineteen sixty two, You're in the height of the Cold War. Do you think the United States would allow Russians to put a device into your house that could listen to you and could send you Soviet propaganda and capture all of your most intimate details and everywhere you go and everything else.
Speaker 1: I'm guessing probably not, Dave, you'd hope not.
Speaker 4: Anyway, you hope not right, And you know this, this is capturing more Again, don't take my word for it. Don't look at the Apple privacy label for TikTok go see what people who are in the know are warning about this. So, yeah, it's very disappointing to me. I have been for banning TikTok for a long time, not so much because of the data collection. Again, it's a problem. And then I'll also get Gary Jeff Well, wait a minute, Facebook's doing the same thing. Well, but they're not a Chinese company controlled by our adversary who is hacking our networks and stealing our most sensitive information. And we're going to let them put a tool in your pocket to persuade you and propagandize you. It's it's not So I'm one hundred percent for banning TikTok okay, and I'm hoping President company the light for this.
Speaker 1: Well, all right, so I got the answer finally that I was looking for. Now we've talked about the communist Chinese who's worse, the communist Chinese Party and what they're trying to do to infiltrate every every asset of Facet of Our Lives or Chrome Google Chrome, Google will start tracking all of your devices in about two months, in about eight weeks, all every device. How do they do that? And what what should you do to keep them from tracking your devices?
Speaker 4: Well? Where'd you brought this?
Speaker 1: Call Hillary Clinton? Maybe she can smash it with some hammers and stuff. Anyway, God, you know.
Speaker 4: You know I have my issues with Google as well, primarily because you are not their customer, you are their product. And despite them, you know, constantly painting this picture of their being privacy friendly, then you see this sort of thing, so you know there's been some noise and some possible action that Chrome, so Chrome is Google's web browser, would be a forced divestiture and they would have to spin it off. So when you use the Google search engine, Google dot com and you want to search for something, you might be using the Safari browser on your iOS phone. You might be using the A browser on or you know, the Edge browser for Microsoft on a Windows PC. But most people use Chrome, right, which is a web browser. So I'm just trying to make this distinction because a lot of people seemed confused by the idea of a web browser versus a website. So Google dot com the search engine is a website. Any browser can can can be used to access it's Chrome is Google's browser, right, It's by far the most popular browser, That's what most people use. There's this possibility that Google will be forced to spin it off. We'll see where that goes. But if they did, then they would potentially lose a lot of information that they used to track you across the Internet. Plus they if you read through that article in Forbes about this, they point out that, you know, people's habits for using the Internet have changed. Not everyone is on a full blown computer anymore. Many people are on a phone, people are on TVs.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 4: Everything is connected now, for better or worse, mostly worse in my opinion. But they want all that data rights. It's one thing to know what you did from your phone and where you went with your phone. It's another thing to know what you're watching on TV or where you went with your car and what you did in your car. And Chrome can only give them the tracking through. Chrome can only capture so much of that, and so they're talking about things like browser fingerprinting or just this fingerprinting is the idea that rather than use a bunch of cookies and to track you, each device essentially has its own unique signal, and if they can capture that fingerprint right, then they can track you potentially across multiple devices. It doesn't matter whether they end Chrome anymore. It doesn't matter whether you have cookies or not. It's a unique way to track you. It's more difficult to disable, it's more difficult to even know that it's being used, and that's where they're trying to go. So yeah, as a general rule of thumb, my advice to people is find privacy and security friendly products and avoid anything from Google very well.
Speaker 1: Phishing attacks doubled this year of twenty twenty four, and I don't see it getting any better next year, do you.
Speaker 4: No, Gary, Jeff? I think for all the reasons we just discussed, right, more people are online, more people are you know, sending texts, sending emails, social media, you name it. Everything is digital now. And you know, any report you look at from any source will generally tell you fiber attacks are on the rise. Phishing is a big part of it because it's attacking someone's device, trying to find a vulnerable piece of software or something and exploit that takes a much higher level of skill than it does to send some sort of phishing email or text that looks realistic to the naked eye and then tells you there's some sort of crisis and you have to click on this thing to solve it. Right, So it's easy and cheap to send phishing attacks out at scale. The bad guys keep getting better and better at leveraging tools like catchypt to improve the quality of those emails and texts so they look more realistic. Use all this leaked and skull and data about you to send information in there that makes you think it's legit. So no, I think you're absolutely right. Sadly, I don't think you're going to see any decline in this anytime in the near future because it's it's cheap and it's effective. Right, They're making enormous amounts of money off this stuff.
Speaker 1: Sadly, well, is it something that we just have to be vigilant about as consumers, as the average person, because there's only so much government can do. There's only so much I want the government to do. So you really, you really have to defend yourself and your own devices and your family's devices, and education is the number one tool you can use to do that, I believe, And that's why it's good to have people like you on the air getting the word out saying, you know, don't don't click on that, don't don't you go.
Speaker 4: Ahead, You're You're absolutely right here, Jeff. Education and awareness, if not the single most important thing, are certainly tied because you can do all kinds of technology at this but they continuously evolve their tactics, right, So, I mean, you can spend money on antivirus and all kinds of stuff, and you know, businesses depth that we do that. Don't misunderstand what I'm saying here, but a big part of it, whether you're an employee in a business or you're just an individual out there that wants to protect your assets, yes, understanding the kinds of a tax. You know, QR codes Scanning random QR codes can lead to disaster because you can't look at one and know whether it's legit or not. And that's an example of how they constantly change their tactics. They go where people are. They use social engineering to catch you up guards. So being aware of that and being skeptical, stopping taking a breath, go out of band to verify things will go a long long way towards you not eventually getting scammed by one of these things. So yeah, education aware is absolutely critical.
Speaker 1: I know sometimes you join the folks at Local twelve. We've seen you on here. We watch that in the morning because there's nothing else on, and we watch that and they often have QR codes. I won't even scan the QR codes on my TV screen. I just I'm just very very skeptical. And you figure it's the friendly folks from Local twelve. It's Bob and Shelan and all of them. But now I'm not even scanning their QR codes. You've convinced me, Dave, it's.
Speaker 4: A bad habit to get into scan you know, it could to the local news station get hacked and somehow of course QR code. Sure, they're certainly not going to put malicious stuff out on their own. But like if you're walking down the street and you see a QR code on the bus stop no or a parking meter. I mean, there's well known scams across the country where bad guys printed their own QR codes. Put them over the legitimate QR code on a parking meter where you say, and then you scan it and you go down the rabbit hole, you know, your money, to steal your id. All the above. So again, this isn't some stuff I'm making up. It's all easily, you know, easily you could go find it. It's documented.
Speaker 1: So yeah, awaren be careful, be careful tomorrow night. Lots of dropping balls. I'm sure your aluminum foil hat will protect you. Dave Hatter down in the bunker to celebrate twenty twenty five, Thank you, sir, appreciate your time as always a break and then Leishai Lemish from shen Yun afternows into another hour of This Bill Cunningham Show for December thirtieth, twenty twenty four. Only precious hours left until we celebrate a new year. Gary, Jeff Walker and for Willie and in this half hour the guy I've never had the opportunity to interview, but I get the chance today, so I'm pumped about that. And something that's kind of below the radar, I think on a lot of people's you know, fields of interest, and maybe it shouldn't be and it kind of ties into some of the things Dave Hatter was saying in the last half hour about the influence of the Communist Chinese Party in America. Shen Yun is a cultural dance sensation that sweeps this nation with performances every year, and they're currently on tour here in the States, and we have with this someone who's mceed does somewhat over fifteen hundred of the Shenyun performances. He joined the company in two thousand and six. He's a man born in the United States, earned a bachelor's degree in Chinese history from Pomona College as a master's in international relations, and it's spent lots of time studying, working, conducting research throughout East Asia, authored articles on Chinese current affairs published in both English and Chinese. And he's our guest now, Leshai Lemish, Welcome to the Bill Cunningham Show on seven hundred WLW. How are you today, sir, I'm great.
Speaker 4: Thank you for having me.
Speaker 1: Oh no, thanks for being on. Like I said, you may see people may see the posters when Shan Yun is coming to a city or community near them. And I have to work also at a bar and every year some cute little Chinese woman will come in and ask if they can put up the shen Yun poster for their performance here. I always say sure, put it right there in the window. And I have never been So tell me number one, Leshai, Tell me what I'm missing never having been to a shan Yun performance.
Speaker 4: Well, first, you can see us in Cincinnati February sixteen. That would be the easiest THI.
Speaker 1: Okay, Well, so I don't have to wait that long.
Speaker 4: No, no, just around the corner of Valentine's Day right after that. What you're missing? What you've been missing? First of all, we have a new show every year, so all the shows that we've had before are gone. It's a new show this year. I'll be a new show next year. So you missed all those but every year we have a new production. It's really a celebration of five thousand years of Chinese culture. So it's ancient ancient legends, stories, folk tales, ethnic dances, and the mainten art form that we perform is classical Chinese dance, which is very very different from ballet. It's very very athletic in a different way, very expressive, and has five thousand years of history. It kind of grew in tandem with Chinese martial arts, and so the same move that you could see martial arts could be used to avoid a spear, let's say, in battle, can be used on stage for dance. And it's all the flipping and tumbling that we have. A lot of people think it comes from gymnastics, but actually it's the opposite. Gymnastics and acrobatics borrowed it from classical Chinese dance with Chinese gymnasts about fifty years ago. And there's music, there's a live orchestra, there's animated backdrops, there are solo performers with the rhu and singers, and then there's the embcs like myself. Just go on stage, introduce each piece, give a little bit of cultural background, then let the real artists do to work.
Speaker 1: Is anybody dodging spears on stage?
Speaker 4: Sometimes, but that's usually planned.
Speaker 1: Okay, yeah, no, I understand. It's not an actual battle that you're waging, although.
Speaker 4: We are weaving a battle off stage.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I know, I'm getting to that. What is so threatening to the Communist Chinese Party About five thousand years of tradition and culture being exhibited as Chinese around the world, and especially in the United States. What what's the CCP have against this?
Speaker 4: So the few things going on with that. So the first thing is the Chinese Communist Party has a history about seventy five years in power in China, right, and China has five thousand years of history. And when the Communist Party came to power, they realized that they were a Soviet import. This was not something native to Chinese culture. In fact, it was antithetical to many things about Chinese culture. Chance culture is very spiritual. It believes in repercussions to what you do in this lifetime, be it reincarnation or seeing your ancestors, or heaven and hell, whatever it is. They have that strong belief that goes around comes around, and Communism comes in and says, nope, this is all it is. It's just materialism, atheism, utilitarianism, this is it. And so to be able to do what they needed to do, they had to wipe out the traditional culture. And that's how you have Mao's campaigns like the Culture Revolution, where you're taking monks and nuns and making them marry, and you're raising temples to the ground, you're burning artwork, and you're making students beat up their teachers and beat up their parents. And you couldn't do that if people believe there were consequences to what they did, so they really have to replace it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's the same thing that we have seen in our country, Lee Shai, with the protests against Civil War statues or the Founders of America and the statues being attacked and vandalized and torn down. It's all Marxist and Communists in its intent and in its in its origins. It's the same kind of thing. You've got to erase real history and tradition so you can replace it with something else. Isn't that the same same kind of Uh?
Speaker 4: I don't know, Uh yeah, I mean, you know principle, that's exactly what my Chinese friends are saying, people who live through the culture revolution in China, which wasn't that long ago in the sixties and seventies, and they say, this is exactly the same thing. It's this militant, one sided you're either with us or against us. If you dare to speak up, we're going to cancel you. That's exactly what they went through in a culture revolution. Is thing. It's scary because it's happening here now and then they see how the Chinese Communist Party is kind of supporting it behind the scenes, propaganda wise, sometimes financially spies. We're seeing all these different things that they're doing. And going back to your first question, our performance is about reviving traditional Chinese culture. If you see our billboards, it says China before Communists. That's what we're performing on stage. And so it's these ancient legends and stories, but more importantly what's behind them, right, the virtues and the ideals loyalty, courage, integrity, face, compassion, these kinds of things. And then the Chinese Communist Party is terrified of that because Chinese people even see the show and say, oh yeah, I remember my grandmother used to tell me about this stuff. This is these are our real roots, and we found it not in China, but you know, in Ohio or in New York, or in Tokyo or London wherever we're performing. And that's because you really couldn't do this in China. And so Sanin was created in New York by elite artists from China who many of them escaped persecution in China and they said, okay, we're going to use production. It's going to be reviving traditional Chinese culture. We're also going to show what's happening in China today. So of the twenty pieces or so, the show is about twenty different stories, each about four or five minutes long, couple pieces showing what's happening in terms of the tyranny and persecution and encourage and resistance to it in China. And the CCP certainly does not like that. And then we actually had people from China elite artists come out and say this is what we want to do, and they left everything behind and risked everything to come out and join us. Some of them didn't make it. Some of our arrests are just trying to join us. And so that's the one place we can't perform right now is China. So they're very afraid of what we're doing.
Speaker 1: How ironic, the one place you can't perform is is you're actually a celebration of what that country's really all about without the commies. It's amazing and that's right.
Speaker 4: And not only that, so the Chinese embassies and consulates around the world are doing everything they can't to stop us from performing. So in the very beginning when we started, this is two thousand and six, two thousand and seven, they would write letters to the theaters and say, this is an anti China performance, right, the celebration of Chinese culture is anti China. And if you don't cancel it, you will never have a Chinese production performing your theater again, and it will be bad for your city's sister city relationship with whatever city in China, and US chinnel relations will be affected. All these things. And then in the United States has had no traction. It actually kind of worked for them a little bit in some you know, former Soviet Bloc countries and other countries like South Korea, but are really really afraid of the CCP. But in the US, people are like, what is this, No, you're not going to tell us what we can and cannot see in America, and in fact that that actually it's somewhat like promoting our show. People are like, oh, let's go check it out. We don't know what this is. And you know, we had mayors and people like that that were getting letters things, do not see the show if they okay, let's go check it out. And so they changed tactics after that, and then what we started seeing is they would slash our tires on our buses, and it would do it in such a way that the tire would not the slate right away, but would explode at high speeds. Unfortunately, we have security. We found these things, but this happened multiple times, often within a few days.
Speaker 1: How do you how do you know it's the Communist Chinese Party doing that?
Speaker 4: Lisha, Well, it's not the ambassador himself out there, that's for sure, and they usually hire people like you know, two or three steps down. But there's been a re wave of arrest of Chinese spies. So all along we've been saying, listen, there are people spying on us. We're getting death threats, we're getting our email hats, we're getting people trying to follow us wherever we're going. And we had little kind of anecdotal evidence of that here and there. But then the last few years, our federal agents and you know, various forms of our security systems have found these people. And so, for example, there were these two guys who were arrested Chinese nationals living in the United States who arrested for this scheme where they were trying to bribe an IRS agent who was actually an undercover FBI agent in order to revoke Chinyan Performing Arts as nonprofit status and finally was arrested for that because they had been tracking him for a while and it eventually had this undercover agent posed an IRS agent and they got them. And then now there's other people that were connected to him or being arrested too. This is a huge network. And of course it's not just Shenyun, you know, it's military secrets, technological secrets, all this stuff. And I think one of the main messages that Shinyn is trying to get across is that listen, China is not the CCP, and there in fact people in China who are on our side. Sometimes they would send people to spy on us. This happened I remember in Vancouver and this person came over. It was from the Public Security Bureau in China, sent a spy on us. And after the show he came to one of our security people and said, listen, I came here to spy on you, but rash on your side. Good job, keep up the good work. When we get emails from China all the time saying come perform in China, I can't wait for you to come over here, and then, but now they're doing this new tactic, which is trying to smear us on social media, trying to get their propaganda narratives into mainstream media.
Speaker 1: Well, I see that the New York Times is playing along apparently with but the New York Times along For anybody who hasn't been paying attention to the Old Gray Lady or whatever all the news that's fit to print, anybody knows that the New York Times is an anti American publication by their editorials and what they put out. So I'm not surprised by this. What was the New York Times been doing to nyun Lisha.
Speaker 4: Well, I mean they're coming out with article after articles, sometimes several articles in one week, just trying to attack Chanan from every angle they can think of. And even they they they even like the latest one is like, oh, Shanud has made a lot of money. Yeah, it's a very successful performing arts company. We go, we perform in front of a million plus people every year, two hundred cities. We got one hundred ninety four cities this year, you know, five continents. It's a huge success. You know, theaters are sold out. I'm sorry, is that is that wrong? In America, you know. So they're trying all these different things. But the overall narrative of the New York Times is eerily similar to the stuff that the CCP has been using for propaganda against Chenyun and against the founders of shiny In the following Bunge practitioners Fellow Bone community for twenty five years, saying they're anti China, saying that they're weird, all these different things, you know, and that's it's very troubling, especially for people. I'm not ethnic Chinese, but the majority of the performers in the company are who've been in the company for so long and people who left China, and they remember what it was like in the nineteen nineties when they were practicing. Following going one day, they're just meditating in the park, just happily doing a spiritual practice, and the next day the CCP says, no, your enemies of the state, you cannot practice this. If you do, you're going to go to jail. And then they thought this is just a big misunderstanding. They would go to the petition's office and go to the government say you got it all wrong, very innocently right, because nobody knew anything about politics back then, and then they would be arrested, and then their family members would go they'd arrested too, and before you know, they're own labor camps. And that was what they faced, a whole machinery of the biggestaship in history coming after them. And then they fled to the United States, often with scars, sometimes with family members who were killed from torture. And then they come here and they have freedom in America and they create this amazing performing arts company. It's a huge success from nothing. It started from absolutely nothing, no government support, no corporate support, just you know, hard work and talent they built that. We had one company and now we have touring around the world simultaneously and now to see, you know, the New York Times come after us, like what is this China?
Speaker 1: Well, should kind of an off track part of the discussion, But you've done so much study about China and Chinese culture and been around the world. Should Americans be concerned about the tens of thousands military age Chinese men that came across our open border during the Biden administration? Is that is that a call for concern when it comes to Chinese spies and the other things you mentioned that are going on now as you go around the country with Shan Yun.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean what was that number? I saw the other one hundred and seventy six thousand or something like that came in. Yeah, and well, they're definitely finding a lot of spies. And listen, you know, as a performance of Chinese culture with Chinese people and Chinese supports and volunteers, you know, a lot of wonderful people. But that doesn't mean that we don't have people here with my intent in the country trying to do different things. You know that they're spies across all the different industries and they're catching who knows a tiny fraction of them. Some of them are working in you know, governor's offices, in mayor's office. They're catching these kinds of people too. Some are in the media. They're they're catching all these different people. And it's clear that the CCP, and it's very publicly, has stated what their biggest enemy is, and it's the United States that they want to overtake, and they fear following going and they fear Shinyan and they've made this one of their biggest enemies. That we have internal documents that they leaked out. It got leaked out from some of our supporters, like I mentioned over the summer, laying out their entire strategy, trying to weaponize social media, trying to use mainstream American media to turn Shinyan, and following going community against the United States to have like a conflict creative year, you know, divide and conquer and this. And then a big reason for that, of course, is they're geopolitics and what they want to do with Taiwan and all this other stuff. But there's there's definitely they're definitely people in our midst that are trying to start up trouble.
Speaker 1: Wow. I just I'm looking forward and maybe I'll talk my wife into coming to see Shan Yun when they were in Cincinnati February fifteenth. I look forward to meeting you too. It's nice to talk to you. Leshai Lemish, the MC for Shan Yun. How would you in one sentence, how would you sum up Shan Yun in the performance we're about to see here in Cincinnati.
Speaker 4: Oh, it's an amazing celebration of five thousand years of Chinese culture. A whole other world you're gonna be transported to through dance. And music and costumes in animated backdrops, and a few surprises.
Speaker 1: All right, fantastic, Thanks Leshai. We'll continue to report on the way on seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 5: To be true to ourselves, we must be true to others. We will not behave in foreign places so as to valet our rules. And and here at home, well, we know that the trust which our nation earns is essential to our strength.
Speaker 6: We've learned from personal experience at poor people the first of all, people who are often scorned or derogated. Adjust as intelligent as we are. They're just as ambitious as we. They are just as hard working as we. They have family values are just as good as ours. They just need some help.
Speaker 7: Oh hello, quiet.
Speaker 1: And I'm broadcasting right, God, no segment. I think that you are just as good, just as intelligent, just as beautiful, just as ambitious, and just as capable as I am. But you just need some help. As President Carter said in Always There, Always, that was Christmas Man, everything was good you it was fine. I was here and I was hoping for a Christmas stooge report. But you were you were, You were gone, baby gone, now baby, now you had that clause duty. Well, Santa Calt. I mean, you know, what are you going to do? Exactly what I did? I did remark because I know this and I know you don't talk about it really, but your father, your dear father, for many years, was the neighborhood Santa Claus, wasn't he? That is correct, and you have carried on this tradition. And I find that so life affirming and so wonderful that you have followed in your father's footsteps in that regard. And Sega Clause is now universally loved all over the tri State because of that.
Speaker 8: He started things off, and God bless him. And you know, I just continue on the tradition. Air Gary, Jeff, That's all I do. I know it's very hard touch, it's hard to do. It's hard touch fun to do. Very few things that happen around me touch my heart like that. You know, you see people, you see people out and this and that, and kids and some kids are scared to death of him.
Speaker 1: Others come up to him like you know that Santa is their dad. So it's a have you ever gotten up from a second class session with a wet lap segment? No? Okay, good? No, at least they controlled themselves while they were in the presence of the great. So far, so good, so far, so good. What do you got, Seggy?
Speaker 8: All right, yeah, Gary, Jeff, let's see the stooge report on this New Year's Eve. Eve is brought to you by your local temp Star Heating and air conditioning dealers, temes Star a quality you could feel in beautiful Milford, the home of one main gallery called Baker Heating, right down the street at five one three eight three one fifty one twenty.
Speaker 1: Four what no, sega. Last Monday was my belated birthday party because my birthday was Sunday the twenty second, and we celebrated Jim Labarber's birthday because we share a birthday. The prof. Right, the prof. But since you weren't here, I hope you don't mind. We had to do the temp Star even in the absence of a huge all right, because it could plug. You just said it right and proud, oh, and a chorus of people yell, Garry was wonderful. So you had a room full of special guests. We had special guests in the studio, yes, sir, So let's see.
Speaker 8: Also, we want to thank a Lear's Prime Market for their efforts all season long, Gary Jeff for all year long, Fine Us meets trust, Lear's Prime Market and a full catering service Deluxe Delhi, Learsprime dot Com. Lear's Prime always a cut above. They're located in beautiful Milford. Let's see. Bengals update brought to you by Good Spirits, Winding, Tobacco and Party Town. Everything you need to ring in the new year. Open three hundred and sixty five days a year. Celebrate big time with a Good Spirits and Party Town. NFL says that the Bengals regular season finale in Pittsburgh Saturday at eight o'clock. The action here on seven hundred WLW, and then the NFL says, you know what, if the Bengals win, they're gonna have to agonizingly wait to see if they make it or not to say it. The Chiefs and Broncos play Sunday. Dolphins and Jets both play Sunday with kickoffs at four twenty five.
Speaker 1: Bengals may not know until eight or nine o'clock. And they got in Slim and noon, and Slim has left the building. Assume him.
Speaker 8: Bengals running back Chase Brown mri yesterday high ankle spring of course they lose a day with you know how how he progresses. They play Saturday instead of Sunday that game. But I would think that Chase Brown's a tough dude. He's a game. He's gonna be out there. He's a gamer.
Speaker 1: If he can, if he can walk, he will play on Saturday night.
Speaker 8: Bengal fans Joe Burrow and t Higgins are up for the FedEx Air and Ground Player that we awards this week. Of course, Burrow with that unbelievable game four hundred and twelve yards passing three touchdowns. Higgins eleven catches one hundred and thirty one yards, including the game winner in overtime. Go to Bengals dot com slash FedEx to vote through. I think Wednesday, let's see more on Bengals line tonight six oh five right here on seven hundred WLW Final Monday Nighter of the Game, A regular season set regular season Monday Nighter Detroit and San Francisco at seven thirty Fox Sports thirteen to sixty.
Speaker 1: Go Lions. You know what, I really really was amazed at Sequan Sequon Barkley's season two thousand nine yard ninth player in NFL history to rush for two thousand yards in his season and you know, fifteen games of sixteen games so far. Now should there be an asterisk? Though? If he broke Eric Dickerson's record, he's one hundred and one yards behind him. I don't even know if he's going to play for the Eagles with since they've clinched the NFC East with the action over the weekend. But if he played and he broke Eric Dickerson's record, all right, should there be an asterisk? Like because he did a merit? He did it in so many games versus seventeen games versus sixteen games or that's.
Speaker 8: All up to the National Football League. I don't know, but pretty impressive, amend you run for two thousand yards? I do every day on this show if somebody's chasing college foot Thank you. Congrats to Chuck Martin and the Miami RedHawks. They won the Snoop dogg Arizona Ball Saturday. They rolled over Colorado State forty three to seventeen. So a big one there for the RedHawks. College basketball tonight, number sixteen, that's right, you heard it right, sixteen. Cincinnati Bearcats open Big twelve play at Kansas State six thirty here on seven hundred WLW. I say number sixteen because the AP Top twenty five new poll came out, and uh uh oh, there's that's the wife.
Speaker 1: Uh oh oh, I must be in trouble.
Speaker 8: You want me to answer that? No, that's okay. Number sixteen Bearcats. They are up to number sixteen and in the AP poll of ten and one, and also Defiance and Miami. Tonight the RedHawks play Hello, Hello, Denise, So what are you wearing? I'll have to call her back. Why I never bring that phote in here? What I was going to say, at least turn turn, turn the sound off.
Speaker 1: I don't know how to do that.
Speaker 8: I apparely I apparely know how to work it. So I'll have to call her back. All right, Well, if you want to, you can. You can go in and do that now on the air. Okay, sure, I'm sure I did something wrong. And also in the AP Kentucky is tenth this week, so they stay number ten this week.
Speaker 1: P doue a number twenty. This is the best bear Cats basketball team we've seen in a little while. Amen to that.
Speaker 8: See what happened the night against k State, and see you can get a good start.
Speaker 1: For the We we're seven and eleven last year in the Big twelve, and they're an inaugural season, so we're a little different this year, looking for improvement. Probably a little different this year with a team that Wes Miller's got Well segment. Thank you for your love and your lust, get us out dot Duge Report, Sir Gary.
Speaker 8: Jeff on this New Year's eveve everybody's take care and twenty twenty four is almost over and now looking toward them twenty twenty five. We leave you with the immortal words of the Stood Report.
Speaker 1: Thank you, short and sweet. There you go. You turn your phone off. I don't know, I don't know how to do it. We have a special guest, the wild Man, coming up next on seven hundred WLW. Yeah. On the back side of another bingals victory, the wild Thing himself on the telephone, Old Man Walker joins us the sports commando for a few moments. Wild Man, Yeah, you've been you've been making me hang on forever from Babbling's say.
Speaker 7: Going on and on, come on man.
Speaker 1: Well, he had to get his sports out of the way, wild Man. When we just took care, we took care of the Stooge report stuff, which is I'm.
Speaker 7: Gonna have done what he did in in five minutes.
Speaker 1: Come on, man, Well, it's all about it's all about filling the time with content. Wild Man, Sometimes you gotta stretch it out. Baby. So were you were you bathing in nacho cheese? After the Bengals victory.
Speaker 9: On Well, I was nervous like everybody yells, especially after the blunder the blunders of the clock management by Zach Taylor. But Joe Burrow, without a doubt, is the greatest quarterback in Bengal's history bar none. The things that guy can do, and with t Higgins and Jamar Chase as his two wide receivers, man that offense, there's no telling what they can do. And they gotta they gotta recite t Higgins. I know, you know what I'm gonna tell you right now. They've got to resign t Higgins because Joe has already made you know, has already made mention that they got to do it.
Speaker 1: And I think Joe will.
Speaker 9: Restructure his contract because a lot of a lot of quarterbacks are high paid athletes, will do that in order to uh, you know, to get other players in the Remember Ken Griffy Junior gave the Reds a discount for it to come here. The Reds did that. So t Higgins is going to resign. We know Jamar Chase is going to be signed, but that all the scenarios that we're talking about. Gary Jeff so and so has to lose. Number one, the Bengals have to beat the Steelers. But here's the problem. The Ravens play before the Steelers. If the Ravens win, will Mike Tomlin play all his guys the whole game?
Speaker 1: Think about it?
Speaker 7: Because they're already in the playoffs anyway.
Speaker 1: What's the same scenario. Then, it's the same scenario the Bengals are facing with the teams that have to lose in order for them to make You know, does Kansas Does Kansas City? Kansas City play Patrick Mahomes and Pacheco and all the rest the Travis Kelcey do they play their frontline characters since they've already cinched up everything in the AFC West.
Speaker 7: Well, Carson West.
Speaker 9: Carson Wentz is not a is not the quarterback that the Cleveland Browns do on the field yesterday. Carson Wentz is a good quarterback. I told you that I don't think the Chiefs are gonna lay down. I don't think they will lay down. They may, you know, rest a couple of guys, But if you sit around for two weeks and don't play, you get rusty.
Speaker 7: You get rusty. Players are creatures of habits.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 9: Some guys of course need some rest. But I don't look for the Chiefs. But the thing is, if the Ravens win their game over the Browns, like like the Browns are gonna upset them, the Ravens are in. They win the division and the Steelers are in. So why should the Steelers really risk some injuries to some of their guys.
Speaker 7: I mean, they're gonna play some guys. I'm just saying throwing that out there.
Speaker 9: Then the Bengals have to wait on the New York Jets playing the Miami Dolphins in New York. I don't know what the weather report is, Gary Jeff.
Speaker 1: Hopefully it's where the Jets, where the hometown Jets will be roundly booed by the fans for the is they deservedly should for the terrible season that they put out on the field. Aaron Rodgers is way too old to even step onto an NFL turf.
Speaker 7: Aaron Rodgers has not had that bad of a year. Breese Hall, they made a big deal.
Speaker 1: He can't remove. He's a statue wild man. They're gonna eat him for lunch, not protecting him more than damn. Miami is gonna eat the Jets for lunch. So you can just forget about a Bengals win.
Speaker 9: And Los Breestall hasn't done crap for the Jets this year, So don't lay it all on Aaron Rodgers. Don't lay it on Aaron Rodgers. It's not all Aaron Rodgers. Look at his numbers. His numbers are not that bad. But okay, you're gonna have that game, and of course you got the Chiefs and the Broncos, and we're gonna have to wait to see at what happens there.
Speaker 1: The quarterback, the quarterback that's been sacked more than Joe Burrow this year is playing for the New York Jets because he cannot move, and their line isn't worth a dam right, he can't move isn't worth a damn. He can't move.
Speaker 9: He's still got some good receivers, but they don't have no run in attack. Gary Jeff, where you've been, Brice Hall, they made a big deal all season long, all these fantasy football experts, Breese Hall, Breese Hall, Briestall hasn't done crap, hasn't done crap. He's been a total disappointment. And that's one of the problems with their offense.
Speaker 1: Let's get back to it. Let's get back to the Bengals in their season. Is Joe Burrow a better quarterback than Josh Allen.
Speaker 7: I think they're right. I think they're head to head. I think they're right.
Speaker 1: You're a better quarterback than Patrick Mahomes.
Speaker 9: I think Mahomes has got him just by a nose and and a couple of and a few.
Speaker 1: Alright, Lamar Jackson, Lamar Jackson.
Speaker 9: I think about Lamar Jackson and Joe Burrow tied tied.
Speaker 7: Lamar can do things, but Joe can do things.
Speaker 1: Lamar Kant should, Joe should? Joe receives should, Joe receive a lot of consideration for m VP, even even the Bengals.
Speaker 9: Oh, Absolutely, considering the line that he's had this year, how many times he's been sacked. Absolutely, But if I had a vote, I'm sorry, I gotta go with Josh Allen. I got to go with Josh Allen. He's been a supert. He's something else.
Speaker 1: He really is.
Speaker 7: Now, can't Buffalo break the jinks? Who knows? We'll find out.
Speaker 1: Well, you know, Buffalo's akin to going to Super Bowls and losing them, just like the Bengals.
Speaker 9: Yeah, four of them, four straight years, Just.
Speaker 1: Like the Minnesota Vikings who lost four Super Bowls back in the day, in the in the era of the Purple People leaders in fran Tarkington. Uh. But it's it's all down to the Bengals beating the Steelers on Saturday Night. That has to happen before any of the rest.
Speaker 9: So exact, Damondo's Arnold, Sam Arnold giving up for dead by the Jets and goes to Minnesota.
Speaker 7: He could run for mayor and win in the landslide.
Speaker 1: Well, have you have you met the mayor of Minneapolis? You have you seen that turkey too? No, no, you don't want to know that guy. All right, wild man, we will watch with the rest of the world, and we will see what happens. The Bengals hanging on by a thread.
Speaker 9: Feel good about the Bengals beatnes Steelers, I really do.
Speaker 7: I feel about Steelers. Got to be shake shaken a little bit.
Speaker 9: With the offense the points that Bengals be able to put up on the board the last four weeks. But like you said, and you wear that line out, we'll see what happens.
Speaker 7: I'll talk to you next.
Speaker 1: Year, all right, wild Man, take care, Dennis Wildman Walker, Gary Jeff In for Willie and the Bill Cunningham Show. Stephen Wiliford from Gun Owners of America. Our next guest, the Great American Bill Cunningham, is getting a much deserved rest somewhere. He is laying down in his folding lawn chair under his sun lamp, with cucumber slices over his eyes, drinking a tall, frosty non alcoholic smoothie and saying, damn, I wish I was working, but everybody needs a break, Bill, and thus you've got me again today, Gary jeff Walker in for Willie on this Monday before the new year. Great to be with you. I'm going to flash back now to November of twenty seventeen and the small community of Sutherland Springs, Texas, a church Sunday morning, shots fired inside that church at the time, the worst mass shooting in Texas history. A place where they respect and allow our Second Amendment rights, and because of that a good guy with the gun was able to stop the carnage? Was I able to stop the bad guy with the gun who was on his way to commit more murder in Mayhem? But a man named Stephen Williford, the hero of the day, wasn't going to allow this guy to get away, and he didn't. And I remember seeing him on the news and I thought to myself, I want to shake that man's hand. Someday. I want to meet that guy, the good guy with the gun from Gun Owners of America. Stephen Williford joins us now on the Bill Cunningham Show. Stephen, Happy New Year. I hope you had a good Christmas. How are you?
Speaker 10: I had an excellent Christmas and I'm doing great. How are you doing today?
Speaker 1: GOODA take us all back to that day and what transpired, and then we'll get to what's ahead for twenty twenty five, if you don't mind.
Speaker 11: Well.
Speaker 10: So the guy started shooting through the walls and windows.
Speaker 11: Of your gear own church and murdering people.
Speaker 1: So where were you?
Speaker 11: I was at home.
Speaker 10: I was actually in my bedroom relaxing, and I didn't have shoes on even and he started shooting through the walls and windows, and the people in church first thought it was fireworks and somebody was popping fireworks, and then the light fixtures overhead started bursting and glass started flying and people started falling, and they realized it was a shooting, and they thought it was a drive by and he would be gone well. Instead he circled through three sides of the building, shooting through the walls and windows, and then went in through the doors, shooting through the doors, and moved from pew to pew, and my daughter made me realize it was shooting going on. I grabbed an AR fifteen and a handful of ammunition, put into the magazine and grinnered across the street and.
Speaker 11: He had just shot Chris.
Speaker 10: Workman in the back, paralyzing him for life through the view and he moved to shooting, and he was gunner, shooting at point blank range. And I yelled out as I was running across the street, and he heard me, and he came out of the church shooting at me, and I ran behind to pick up for cover, and he hit the truck in front of me, shattered the windshield of the car behind me, hit the house behind me, and I put six out of six rounds on him. He was able to get in his vehicle, which was sitting in the middle of the street, driver's side door, open, engine running, and he fled the scene and I flagged down a truck and we chased him eleven point six miles before he committed suicide. He had a Class three body armor and a ballistic bulletproof helmet, and that's why most of my shots didn't count.
Speaker 11: But I was able to put a.
Speaker 10: Shot between the plates and one high and his legs, and a bust of one across his forehead.
Speaker 1: Also, my gosh, I mean, are you thinking anything at that moment? All you were thinking was this guy is shooting the church and I've I've got to stop him. I've got the power to do that because I've got a weapon, I've got AMMO, and I've got the training to go after this guy. I mean, I can't even imagine what's going through your mind when you first realized what was happening and what you had to do. What did you think?
Speaker 10: Make no mistake, I did not shoot him because I hated him. I shot him because I loved everybody in that church. Generation in Southerland Springs, I grew up on a dairy right there in Southerland Springs. My great grandfather bought the property and I was fourth generation there and I never wanted.
Speaker 11: To live anywhere but Southerland Springs.
Speaker 10: Total population is under six hundred people. I knew almost everybody in that church, and I was just resolved stopping.
Speaker 1: Him, right. So, I mean, there wasn't a whole lot of thinking that went into it. You just knew you had to react and act.
Speaker 10: Absolutely absolutely, I truly believe that God called me for that moment, had protected me in that moment.
Speaker 1: Also, amen, Yeah, because he came out of the church shooting at you when you yelled, and absolutely.
Speaker 10: So absolutely, Gun Owners of America has been fighting to keep your right to be able to do to defend yourself, and to keep AR fifteen's legal nationwide.
Speaker 11: Please go to gun owners dot org and find up.
Speaker 10: I now work for them, and I go from state to state fighting these laws. They take me in to state capitals and I speak on behalf of Gun Owners of America.
Speaker 1: All right, So as we look twenty twenty five in the eye here, in the next thirty six hours or whatever, there are new laws that are being enacted or certainly being attempted to be enacted with or without court challenges. Specifically, I understand in Delaware and Minnesota, which are two prime suspects for states that want to deprive Americans of their constitutional rights, their individual constitutional rights, at least their pasttrack record says, So what is being proposed and what's going to happen? What are the new gun laws in the states in twenty twenty five that you would be opposing and you were looking forward to fighting along with gun owners of America, Stephen.
Speaker 11: Well, things like the assault weapons ban.
Speaker 10: And we have one watch for the date of January seventeenth, because the Sloop bill is going before the before the Supreme Court, and that bill basically we are pushing to try to overturn Maryland's assault weapons ban, and.
Speaker 11: The on the seventeenth, the Supreme.
Speaker 10: Court will let us know whether they are going to hear the case. And if the Supreme Court here's this case, we are ninety seven percent sure that they will overturn assault weapons as if they call them bands nationwide all the way. California will even have to deal with it if it gets overturned as second amen as a infringement on the Second Amendment and we are going to restore a bunch of our rights that won't let any state make an assault weapons BAM or a high capacity magazine baan. We are fighting all the way to the Supreme Court to make it happen.
Speaker 4: Well.
Speaker 1: The people who oppose your right and my right to own and bear firearms and oppose our god given constitutional right to do so under the Constitution of the United States of America, they demonize certain kinds of weapons because it's easy to do so, from what I understand, because the weapons may look formidable, they may look scary, but they also mischaracterize those weapons as assault weapons. An AR fifteen is not an assault weapon, is it.
Speaker 11: No, it is not.
Speaker 10: It's a tem automatic sporting rifle. And just because it may look like an M sixteen.
Speaker 1: It is not.
Speaker 10: And even if it were, I believe our constitution would provide that we be able to even own that.
Speaker 11: And again, they really.
Speaker 10: They want to focus on something that isn't the problem. Even the FBI stats say more people are beat to death with hammers every year than murdered with a rifle in general, and that's all rifles, whether it's a bolt action or anything else. More people are beat to death with so by their measure, should we be going after Stamley Hammers for damming hammers?
Speaker 4: Maybe?
Speaker 1: I guess. There's a famous story that I always cite when I come into these conversations with people who oppose gun ownership, and it dates back about gosh, twenty five or thirty years There's a story in California, and it may have been a Vietnamese immigrant who had moved to the country legally whatever, but he beat his neighbor to death with a bag of frozen squirrels that he had out in the garage in a freezer. People with ill intent are going to use whatever they have handy if they want to perpetrate this kind of evil, if they want to murder someone, if they want to cause physical harm to someone. The gun does not by itself spring up and start shoot people. It is the person behind the gun. And again, being a good guy with the gun is the only way to stop a bad guy with the gun. And I'm sorry we don't have enough law enforcement around us all the time, especially now, to defend ourselves when we need to. And gun owners of America and people like you are speaking out, and you're a living example that a good guy with a gun is the only way to stop a bad guy with a gun, And some of these states are proposing in twenty twenty five even more restrictive areas that are gun free zones. This is where the majority of these kinds of mass shootings happen in gun free zones.
Speaker 10: Correct, ninety four percent of all mass shootings happen in gun free zones. So if you are in a gun free zone, it is way more likely. And remember remember that when second count police are minutes away, please make it there in time to mop up blood, take evidence, and hopefully hopefully arrest someone and hope that a judge or a jury doesn't let that person off. Bad guys are going to get guns, and bad guys are going to ignore your gun free zones.
Speaker 11: And that's where they prefer to attack.
Speaker 10: Is in a gun free zone because they know they have rest chance of resistance.
Speaker 1: All right, So the Minnesota gun law that has been proposed in twenty twenty where it's perfectly okay to burn down the town as we saw back in the BLM Rights in twenty twenty, but it's not okay for a law abiding citizen to have a gun with what's called a binary trigger. What is a binary trigger? And why is it stupid that Minnesota is trying to ban binary triggers in twenty twenty five.
Speaker 10: First, they're just looking to ban whatever they can get the hands on, and it sounds really nasty to a binary trigger. I own two binary triggers, and it functions just like a regular sem automatic if you have it in reglar mode, but you can switch it over to binary mode, and it fires once you pull the trigger, and it fires once when.
Speaker 11: You let go of the trigger.
Speaker 10: Okay, so it fires on the pull and on the release of the trigger. And there's not been any crimes committed with binary triggers.
Speaker 11: They just want to ban something so they can say, look, this is what we're doing.
Speaker 1: It's all positive.
Speaker 11: Yeah, it's all postering.
Speaker 4: Again.
Speaker 11: Rifles in general every year.
Speaker 10: And this is FBI stats kill less people than hammers.
Speaker 11: Think about that for a moment. And knives over double bond.
Speaker 10: So rather than ban a rifle, knives killed twice as many, don't you think, you know, if you were real serious about what mattered.
Speaker 11: And I'm not advocating for banning knives, you know.
Speaker 1: I was just going to get to that Stephen because if hammers were the problem, even though hammers kill more people than rifles every year in this country, according to the FBI, if hammers were the problem, every construction site in America would be a blood bath. It's not the inanimate object that is the issue. The issue is societal. It is the person who was holding that object. And you cannot restrict people who have the right to defend themselves and their families from owning a gun because somebody did something stupid or evil with a gun.
Speaker 10: Understand, the guy that murdered people in seven and Springs had an AR fifteen and so did I.
Speaker 11: That AR fifteen that I own is a tool, and any tool can be.
Speaker 10: Used to do something magnificent or it can be misused to create devastations. And you know, you put a hammer in the hands of a gifted carpenter and he can build.
Speaker 11: A mansion, or he can are a.
Speaker 10: Criminal that's going to have ill intent, can murder a man with a hammer. It's an inanimate object, yep. It has no conscience, and so is a rifle, so as a pistol. So there's a knife or cane for that matter, or even a vehicle that you can take and run through.
Speaker 11: A Christmas party and murdered many people.
Speaker 1: That happened in Germany in that in the Kindle.
Speaker 11: Market, and just a couple of years ago it happened here. That may have been in Minnesota. I don't remember exactly where that was where he ran through the Christmas parade and murdered one.
Speaker 1: Of the things that they are guarding against in New York and Times Square for the New Year's Eve celebration, Stephen Wiliford, Gun Owners of America, Gun Owners of America, thank you for being a part of the Bill Cunningham Show today and thanks for the words of wisdom, and thank you for being a hero with a gun. God bless God, bless you. Got another student's report on the way and another special guest before we're done. News next on seven hundred WLW one ten.
Speaker 12: Left in overtime, the Bengals trying to win it from the three yard line of Denver Burrow looking to throw his pass.
Speaker 11: It is.
Speaker 1: My tea touchdown.
Speaker 7: It's Ovengals, and.
Speaker 12: The final playoff spot in the AFC will not be decided until the final week of the regular season. The Cincinnati Bengals are still alive as Joe Burrow hits T Higgins for a game winning touchdown.
Speaker 13: Dan, that's three touchdown passes over three hundred yards passing. His streak is still alive two hundred and fifty or more yards passing, three touchdowns or more for eight straight games. I mean, you already had the NFL record. He's continuing to build on it. This is a magical season. Joe Burrow, Jamar Chase and Gee Higgins. What a threesome?
Speaker 1: He quiet, I'm broadcasting guy segment. Have you ever had a threesome that exciting? No, Joe Burrow, Jamar, Jason T. Higgins, just keep playing, keep winning. See what happened. That's one heck of a threesome. That's what they said. They're getting it done.
Speaker 8: They can keep the third guy because I don't think Number one is going anywhere.
Speaker 1: Uh no, no, And and I don't think Jersey one is going anywhere.
Speaker 8: Maybe that guy in California might Uh is a Bengal fan, that one, that what one point two billion fan?
Speaker 1: I didn't hear that.
Speaker 8: I don't think so, But I mean, what if he is, maybe he could contribute to the to the coffers.
Speaker 1: You mean, just a little public contribution from a from a private source to help the Bengals sign Higgins. Why not we all do? Pretty big Bengals fan? Should should we do? Should we do like a crowd sourcing a crowd funding? Maybe? Yeah, yeah, I think that's why we it. But who knows.
Speaker 8: I mean, maybe they can work it out, their work their magic down there, Gary, Jeff and keep all three be nice to Burrow's not going anywhere chasing that.
Speaker 1: Hopefully they can keep number five around for a while. It'd be nice to have somebody on defense who can tackle consistently to.
Speaker 8: Make some of those deferred payments to mister Burrow, kind of like Ken Griffyth juniors. Oh, I know the Reds are still pay I think this was this was the last year and how many years ago to do?
Speaker 1: Is now a few? Yeah?
Speaker 8: Well, Bobby Bonias, I think still getting paid till for like five or six more years.
Speaker 1: So from the mass like it's like if you want the billion dollars in the mega millions and you all for the thirty year payout they made it, it's like a holiday Bobby Bonilla day.
Speaker 8: I think it's July the first he gets a check for like I don't know how many millions of dollars. Really skill played in played in twenty years easily, maybe thirty years.
Speaker 1: So I don't know. So maybe mister Burr was a for some of that.
Speaker 8: Then give it to number five, give them to number one, gives them to number five.
Speaker 1: Fans are happy, everybody will be happy. Well, you know, Joe, uh, Joe bought his offensive Lineman samurai swords. They wanted guns, they wanted guns, but great. I think the samurai swords may be more dangerous than the guns. I just had Gunners of America on the air for last half hour. Yeah, and you know, more people, according to the FBI's stats, are killed in America every year. What you think that the weapon might be a rifle. We hear about the dangers of AR fifty assault weapon. Right, No, hammers. More people in America are killed with hammers, murdered with hammers than rifles. Seg. But you never hear that on the news, that's for sure. And I'll tell you what else you don't hear on the news. You don't hear that the UC Bearcats are ranked number sixteen in the latest on I'm gonna mention it because Matt Reese just said they were seventeenth ranked on the news at two thirty. I'll have to go in. They are in disciplined the news. Can you yes? Can I watch.
Speaker 8: Gary Jeffy Stuge report is approud service over local tame Star Heating and air conditioning dealers. Tamestar quality you can feel in beautiful Western Hills called Derbot Heating and Cooling at five one, three, five, nine, eighty four forty nine or go to Derbin Heating and Cooling dot com. But Brett Derbot is a great American who owns that fine company.
Speaker 1: I hear his name mentioned quite often on the Stooge reports, and I'm sure he's a fine America.
Speaker 8: He is a great American. Came and helped us out and got our heat back on. Really yep. Nice Bengals update brought to you by Good Spirits, Winding Tobacco and Party Town. Everything you need to ring in the new year. Open three hundred and sixty five days a year. Celebrate big with Good Spirits and Party Town. Thirteen convenient Northern Kentucky locations.
Speaker 1: Let's see.
Speaker 8: Bengals regular season finale against at Pittsburgh is Saturday night at eight. If the Bengals win, they have to agonizingly wait for the Chiefs and Broncos and Dolphins and Jets results both Sunday. Those kick off at four twentive.
Speaker 1: So the Jets and the Dolphins are playing the last game on the schedule next Sunday or next day they have they have a Sunday night game, I believe. So the Bengals have to if they beat Pittsburgh, Denver's got to lose to Kansas City and the Dolphins. The Jets can ease out one more win this year over the Miami Dolphins. Ain't gonna happen.
Speaker 8: It is Aaron Rodgers pulled himself out of the game yesterday. That guy ought to just say that's it because his career and he can't move his career is. His career has just gone down the toilet ever since he went to New York. Bengals running back Chase Brown has a high ankle sprain. His availability on Saturday will depend on how much he progresses throughout the week. More tonight on Bengals line six oh five. Here on seven hundred WLW. After six thirty, the show goes excuse me to ESPN fifteen thirty. All right, let's see what else you can vote for Joe Burrow and t Higgins. They're up for the FedEx Air and Ground Player of the Week awards. Go to Bengals dot com forward slash FedEx to vote and vote often. Like Chicago, Let's see tonight number sixteen Cincinnati.
Speaker 1: Bearcats sixteen Big twelve play to.
Speaker 8: Kansas State with the action six thirty here on seven underd WLW and then Defiance and the Miami RedHawks Tonight. You're off early tomorrow because uh one thirday Xavier plays at the.
Speaker 1: Great American Show will only last from noon to one thirty tomorrow. I'm going to pack all this action into ninety minutes instead of the usual play hours WOW and afternoon basketball. Also, I will also be doing a nightcap tomorrow night at nine WOW. And it is a recap of my favorite Greater American History on the radio interviews with the likes of my radio heroes through the years, Lee Habibe, Pat Saint John Radio Hall of Famer, Yes, John Records, Landecker, who I grew up listening to in Chicago on WLS in the early nineteen seventies, Sir, and one Shotgun Tom Kelly who has a book and a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame all featured tomorrow night. As we counted.
Speaker 8: About that huge What are you going to do for New Year's Eve? Is huddles open? No, We're going to Ripley. Oh okay, we're going to go see our friends in Ripley. That I talked to Brookie's Saloon. Every Saturday morning, We're going to go to Doug and Angie's house and have his seafood spectacular.
Speaker 1: About that nice? I have every hour another entree of delectable gifts. Treasures from the ocean will be featured on the menu. Maybe some lobster tales, who knows, some oysters Rockefeller, some coconut shrimp, some tuna on the grill every hour. I'd have to crash that party segment. Get us out of the Stooge Report.
Speaker 8: Gary Jeff in honor of a beautiful day here in the Tri State, Then go Bengals, who day. We leave you with the immortal words of the Stooge Report.
Speaker 3: Philly, you gotta get off the doll fours and next year come with me to the Little Brown Drug in Delaware.
Speaker 4: It is is a is a great day to see hors racing its best.
Speaker 1: Very nice, Thank you, seg yes, sir, And with that, we have another special guest at the end of the Steward Report, the one the only fur Ball joins us. Now, Andy Furman, how are you?
Speaker 3: I wanted to talk to the segment.
Speaker 1: He's still here. He's still He's still in the studios.
Speaker 3: My friend, I heard you're I heard you talking over there with SEGGI okay, number one, you're upset. Tomorrow is going to be like only like one O, one thirty. I promise you're gonna build the station for three hours of work that I know.
Speaker 4: I know you.
Speaker 3: New Year's Eve. You're going to Ripley. You're going to Ripley, Ohio? Is that right? You go anywhere for a preemeal. It's unbelievable. No one knows whore Ripley is. It's not even on the freaking mapping. And you'll go there for a.
Speaker 1: Have you ever really, have you ever been to Ripley, Ohio? Do you know the people I know in Ripley, Ohio? Do you do you?
Speaker 3: I don't believe that, Ohio. How's that you don't believe Ripley?
Speaker 1: Believe it or not? It is. It's the lovely little village on the Ohio River, and they're full of great people. And there's what do you mean control me? What you're gonna me? That's your middle name? Yeah, your middle name? Yeah?
Speaker 3: Thank you.
Speaker 1: You don't understand how wonderful Ripley really is. It's it's it is the jewel of Brown County, Ohio. How now, Brown County?
Speaker 3: If it's brown, flush it down.
Speaker 1: Yeah, if itit's Brown, flush it down. What other vitriol have you got for me?
Speaker 7: For a ball?
Speaker 1: Let's hear it? Give it that one pho.
Speaker 3: First of all, let me tell you why I'm going a little nuts. Okay. I just came from Costco. My wife asked me to go to Costco. I tell you what, I'd rather be in a plane with turbulence to go to Costco. How's that? It is unbelievable, you know what? Those people are either stupid or they're just nervy. Okay. I get online and the line was like seven people deep at every line. Okay, And the guy comes on there with a woman and they're sharing the bill. Hey, come on, doing at home, don't do it for this item is yours? Just side his mind. I'll pay for this. Are you freaking kidding?
Speaker 4: Me.
Speaker 3: I almost walked out. Really, how stupid could you be? How nervy could you be? You want to split the bill? I get it, it's okay doing at home. Don't do it?
Speaker 1: No, no, no, hold on, let me get this right, Andy, Because you made a significant point. I think that needs to be re emphasized because if you've noticed women out to lunch or and I see it all the time at the bar where it's two or three women who come in to have a few drinks and then it's time for the tab and they're trying to figure out which one is which, and who who had what, and how much they and all of the rest of that. But did you say this was a guy and a woman at Costco?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 3: Yeah, let me tell you something. I will tell you this though, I applaud the restaurants, at least the Greater Cincinnati because for the last several years, when you go get the meal, do you want one check? Or you're splin to ask you? They asked you prior to the meal, which is wonderful because I don't want to go through that. But I went through it today at Costco, the guys spend over two hundred and fifty bucks or they and they're splitting the bill.
Speaker 1: Years now, andy, let me finish, all right, Yes, So three guys come into the bar and there are and and I'll say several tabs, and one will always step up because he's a guy and go, no, I got this round. No, don't worry about it. And he looks at his buddies and they all agree. That's how men are. Women are the ones who usually are haggling over who's gonna owe what and how are we gonna split it up. But this guy, this supposedly male of the human species, was was bartering with or haggling with a woman. If you're a guy, you just pay it and maybe maybe she pays you back later, maybe she doesn't. I don't know what their relationship was. But with women you get this. With men you should never have this happen. I mean, I don't mean to sound misogynist, because I am. But no, if it's a guy involved in this discussion, then he's not really a man. I mean, you know, you want to you want to you want to check, you want to check the hanging downs on that guy.
Speaker 3: Right, we probably probably we probably wearing streights shop. He went shoppings because he has none. But I will tell you this. It's another thing at Costco. And here's the situation. They give a lot of those free samples out. Yeah, I don't convinced. Fifty percent of the people that go to Costco don't buy Diddley. They go there for free sample. You should see the lines who were just a free sample. Some guy came there the motor scooter and he held up the whole line, the whole aisle, you know, to get a slice of pizza. Are you freaking kidding? It's unbelievable. They give away it, the drinks and pizza and cookies. Come on, really, they don't buy it.
Speaker 1: Again, this is not a universal thing, but I believe that a lot of people who go shopping in the motorized chairs and the scooters are in motorized scooters for a reason. And many times that reason is all the free pizza they've eaten at Costco. What do you think?
Speaker 3: Thank you, thank you very much. But I just want to change this because I really and there's such good news out there, because I finally I've seen an athlete, and I've heard an athlete who has honesty, and I love honesty. And it was Eric Dickerson of all people who set the single season rushing record back with the Rams.
Speaker 4: Back in nineteen eighty four.
Speaker 3: Tay Kwan Barkley is one hundred and one yards away from that record. And they asked there a differenson yesterday what he thought. You know what he said, I don't want to break the record. Yeah, it I know, the politically correct thing to say. What it would have been, you know, you know, I wish him well, I hope he doesn't. No, no, you know what he said, I don't want to break the record. And then you know he said, then he says to the reporter, you know, and the reporter says, well, records are made to be broken.
Speaker 4: You know what he said.
Speaker 3: You said that because you never had a record. You know what, it's playing records.
Speaker 4: Don't love that.
Speaker 3: I do. I do hope say Kwan Barkley breaks the record. But I look, the Eagles are playing for nothing. They're playing the Giants on Sunday. They're playing for nothing. They've already clinched. Okay, they got the number two. So I would think it would be wise not to play say Kwan Barkley because he needs he needs one hundred and one yards to break the record, and that's that's rough. Let him be helpful.
Speaker 1: You know how hard it is and how hard pressed I am to never agree with you on anything, but I told wholeheartedly agree with you on this right And the next time somebody just randomly says, well, records are made to be broken, I'll just look at it.
Speaker 3: Do you have a right to have one?
Speaker 1: Do you have a record?
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's your record. Yeah, thank you.
Speaker 1: It's a broken record, over and over and over again. What so you see? You see sixteenth in the country, Andy, this is pretty exciting for U see basketball. It's been a while.
Speaker 4: You don't what though?
Speaker 3: If you're not in the final four from five to sixteen, five to twenty five doesn't mean anything. It's nice, it's great. Like I like the coach. I do like them. I mean, I think things are doing well over there. I like the fact that they've kept a team intact in this era of nil, which is very unusual. And there's a good opportunity for them maybe to have these guys come back next year because you see what happened. Did you see what happened at University of Miami and Florida. Jim Laarrenega quit. He quit on Thursday. He said he can't handle it anymore. Let me tell you something. You know, several years ago he was coaching George Mason University and he got a big because they went to the final four. He got a big to go to the final four, George Mason.
Speaker 1: Where you do?
Speaker 4: He left?
Speaker 3: He up and left and he went to Miami. All right, So it's okay for him to do that, but it's not okay for his kids up and leave if they go to the final four and look for more money with their hands out at another university. What are you a hypocrite? He's a hypocrite. No, he quit, he couldn't face the music. I love this. I love these situations where you know it's okay for the coach to do it, but the players can't do it. Give me a break.
Speaker 1: Here's here's what else. It burns my biscuits, Andy about coaches in college football or back. Yeah, my biscuits. Anyway, Oh I happy Hanukah. By the way, it's still going on so anyway, So anyway, what really bothers me is these coaches, whether it be football or basketball, they get they get their team to a bowl game or you know, or maybe even the playoff and they go to another school and they don't. They ought to be forced to coach the team that they got to the bowl before they can go off and recruit for the new school.
Speaker 3: Don't you think, well, it's difficult, because I agree, but it's very difficult because the NCAA rules of the portal situation. The portal is open, so they got to recruit the kids. They never get them out of the portal. So the whole thing is asked backwards, it really is, and then they got to do something about it because it's not right. I mean right now. You know, back in the day, when the coach is going to Mama and Papa in the kid's house in the living room trying to recruit them, the questions asked by the kid were how many games will we be on TV? And once the schedule? And will I start?
Speaker 1: And how much? And how much? How many? How many unmarked bills are in that envelope?
Speaker 3: Right? Yeah, well they's got that too. That was not going to say because that was under the table. But the point is now, the first question is that he asked the coach how much money do I get? And it's a shame because I don't think I love the University of Cincinnati. I followed other the years. I don't know if they could compete in that conference with schools with the likes of Beyonce Stands at Colorado.
Speaker 1: There. These are questions. They are going to have to be answered in another time. So let's say that because we're out of time.
Speaker 3: Oh oh, you saved me for the end.
Speaker 4: Huh.
Speaker 1: Yes, the best for last, always for all. I have a fantastic New Year.
Speaker 3: Because I was an ass.
Speaker 1: That's why no I had you on the air, because you're an ass.
Speaker 3: There you go, all right, Happy Holidays, Field, a merry Christmas, Happy New Year, Happy Hank, Happy Kwanza, and a healthy new Year. And I hope you wife is healthy too, because I know shoes little under the weather.
Speaker 1: Have a good day, sir, talk to you tomorrow at noon. Until then, BAM Voyage seven hundred W l W