Speaker 1: Hebrews ten says in verse nineteen, Therefore, brothers, since we have confidence to enter the holy places by the blood of Jesus, by the new and living way that he opened for us through the curtain, that is, through his flesh. And since we have a great priest over the House of God, let us draw near with a true heart, full assurance of faith, with our heart sprinkled clean from an evil conscience, and let our bodies washed with pure waters. Let us hold fast to the confession of our hope without wavering, for he who promised is faithful. And let us consider how to stir up one another to love and good works, not neglecting to meet together, as is the habit of some, but encouraging one another. And all the more as you see the day drawing near Hebrews ten, verses nineteen through twenty five. Here's what this is saying. Get to a body of believers, develop some accountability relationships, friendships, prayer partners, accountability partners. Don't forsake that, even more so now than ever. And when you enter, remember where two or more are gathered in his name, The King is in the room. Come on, can I get some of that ten past the hour. Good Morning from the Morning Show with Preston Scott, Friday, February twenty first show, fifty three to twenty one. Can you believe we got one week left in the second month and then that's done? Just through the year, He says, Hey, running the radio program, what's to be Friday? It's just us today, kids, and I'm gonna tease something that we're gonna try on Monday. But I'll tell you about that in just a few minutes. Twenty first to February. Huh. Eighteen forty eight. Former President John Quincy Adams suffers a stroke on the floor of the US House dies two days later. But you know what, man, do your thing, live your life, and then I don't want that. I want that's the way to go. Man. He's in there on the house floor doing his thing, and then two days later seeing Jesus way to do it. I guess. Eighteen seventy eight, But God's in charge of that stuff. Eighteen seventy eight, first telephone directory is issued in New Haven, Connecticut. Can you imagine? I want to be number one? I will be phone number one is dial one? I want to be That's it. That's my phone number. One that would be so fun. Eighteen eighty five, Washington Monument is dedicated. Nineteen sixty five, African American leader Malcolm X shot and killed by three members the Nation of Islam and New York City feeding on their own craziness. Nineteen seventy two, Richard Nixon becomes the first US president to visit China. Can you believe that it wasn't until nineteen seventy two that a US president was in China. That's craziness, all right. Today is National Caregiver's Day. So if you are a caregiver, thank you on behalf of the people that you're caring for. Thank you. National Boiled Peanut Day. I will tell you those can be either really good or really bad. I don't think there's a middle ground for those things. There's no dabt. You are a peanut guy, boiled peanut guy. Oh yeah, yeah, never had a bad batch, really never had goodness. Yeah. Someone knows what they're doing and knows like Cajun ones. Yeah, but if they're not right. National Grain Day, sorry wrong, National grain Free Day. That's the opposite. But here's the one. It's National Sticky bun Day. You know it took me a while to figure out what's the difference between a cinnamon roll and a sticky bun. But I eventually did figure it out. There's a different difference. Now they can overlap. But man, when you're talking about caramel or or just whatever with some some walnuts or pecans, and it's just all you gotta wash your hands when you're through eating it, if you eat it with if you don't do the knife and fork, which of course that could be, you know, but I mean brown sugar, cinnamon. It's not quite the same as a cinnamon roll. They're just they're just a little different. Sometimes there's maple syrup and honey. All I know is you bake that goodness up and you flip it over and there you've got it. Seventeen past the hour when we come back and Iconic Museum exhibit. Longtime listeners of the show may remember that in my very eclectic collection of things, I have actual coal that was on board the Titanic. I got it many many, many years ago. One of the very first exhibits of Titanic artifacts was on display in either Tampa or Orlando, I don't remember which, But at the museum itself they had I mean it was. It was so incredible to see. And I know for some people it's like a little you know, as little macabre. I mean, I get it, but it's it's history. It happened, and nothing's going to change that. And among the many things that it dredged up the salvage was coal and they broke it into these small little pieces that you could you could purchase and yeah, I have it, and it's you can get it. You can find them online. It's not like it's worth a lot of money. It's just a piece of history. It was on the ship. It was, you know. To me, it's a little bit of a safer collectible than even if you could buy a piece of whatever. This is just a little bit less personal and just I don't know, maybe I'm just making up an excuse, man. Maybe. But the artifact exhibit, the Titanic Artifact Exhibition is at the Liberty Science Center in Jersey City, New Jersey. It will be there through September. And among the things that they're showing, I think this is the first time they've revealed this is a chandelier, twenty pounds chandelier that hung in the smoking lounge for first class passengers and I'm looking at a picture of it right now. When you show up, you pay an eight dollars extra upcharge to see the Titanic exhibit over and above your normal museum entry, and you get a boarding pass and they take you through the history of Titanic from its construction on through the fateful sinking of the ship in April nineteen twelve. But yeah, this is this Let's put it this way. I'm gonna save this and use it as a road trip suggestion because if you go on a roady this summer and you're heading to the northeast, I would just say do it. Go see it now again. That exhibit was in Florida for years. I don't know if they've now turned it into a traveling tour and very limited places that it goes, but it's it's something special in my mind. Again. I just I saw a I watched a new documentary on it, totally different take, and it wasn't about what caused the ship to sink. It's what caused the ship to hit the iceberg to begin with. And this guy went on this unbelievable quest to determine what why did they miss the iceberg? Or seeing the iceberg, and he came up with looking at archival records of weather and reports of ships that were in the area that log different things at different times. He believes that, for example, there was I think it was the captain of a ship called the California that died in ridicule for having not seen the lights of the Titanic flashing, because he was five miles away and would have been able to rescue most anybody. And this guy was like, I need to find out if there's if there's a reason why they didn't see each other, that they couldn't communicate because they were flashing lights and they What this guy's assertion is is that the weather there was a phenomenon that they demonstrate in modern times that basically clouded the ability to see anything accurately on the horizon. And it was fascinating, it really was. So anyway, it's just interesting this is in the news after me watching that documentary the other day, twenty eight minutes after the hour. You've got to hear the big stories in the press box. You must. There are some nervous people in Washington, d c. Because Cash Ptel is now in charge of the FBI. Now, this is a really fine line that has to be walked by him. His first job is to clean out bad apples. His second job is to deal with domestic threats to this country and investigate federal crimes underneath the Department of Justice and the new Attorney General. But then there is a role to find out what the heck happened on January sixth, to do some digging. Not about retribution, it's not about revenge. It's about setting the record straight. Now to that end, you know, Friday, I love to I love to lift you up if I can, and the big stories oftentimes don't do that, but this is one that will. I'm just gonna let you listen. Stephen Miller is the White House Deputy chief of Staff. The media's assembled, the Press Secretary of Carolyn Levitt is off to the side. He's taking questions Deputy chief of staff for the White House, and the media is talking about the topic of the day, which is the unelected Elon Musk and blah blah blah blah blah, and Stephen Miller just drops bomb after bomb after bombs.
Speaker 2: It is true that many of the people in this room for four years failed to cover the fact that Joe Biden was mentally incompetent and was not running the country. It is also true that many people in this room who have used this talking point that Elon is not elected, fail to understand how government works. So I'm glad for the opportunity for a brief civics lesson. A president is elected by the whole American people. He's the only official in the entire government that is elected by the entire nation. Right, judges are appointed. Members of Congress are elected at the district or state level, just one man. And the Constitution, Article two has a clause known as a vesting clause, and it says the executive power shall be vested in a president singular. The whole will of democracy is imbued into the elected president. That president that appoints staff to then impose that democratic will onto the government. The threat to democracy, indeed, the existential threat to democracy, is the unelected bureaucracy of lifetime tenured civil servants who believe the answer to no one, who believe they can do whatever they want without consequence, who believe they can set their own agenda no matter what Americans vote for. So Americans vote for radical FBI reform and FBI agents say they don't want to change, or Americans vote for radical reformat or energy policies that EPA bureaucrats say they don't want to change, or Americans vote to end DEI racist DEI policies, and lawyers in the Department of Justice say they don't want to change. What President Trump is doing is he is removing federal bureaucrats who are defying democracy by failing to implement his lawful orders, which are the will of the whole American people.
Speaker 1: Boom shaka Laca and you're welcome. Forty minutes past the hour. That's why I love this job. Didn't I just make your day better? Didn't I m a D radio network, Make a Difference Radio network? And this is the Morning Show with Preston Scott. This is so funny listening to Stephen Miller. Just teach the media what they should already know because they're this particular group of media is tasked with covering the government. They should know the Constitution. It's almost as if you don't. Those some of us who work at iHeart, we have annual trainings. I've done some of them for twenty three years. Every year I could write the program. I know what they're going to say, but I go through it every single year. It's almost as if this administration needs to call everybody in that wants a pass to cover the White House, and you will sit through a four hour seminar on the United States Constitution taught by Hillsdale College. You're going to understand the Constitution so that you can more effectively cover the government and hold it accountable. Wouldn't that be novel? If you want to pass to you don't have to do this, but we don't have to give you a pass. But if you want access to the president and the White House, you must take this course. I'd love it. Chris Silissa, formerly was CNN, is warning Democrats, and ironically, so is Chris Cuomo. They're saying the same thing differently. On Balance. That's the name of the program that Solisa was on. He said the DEM's hostility towards Trump is causing them to adopt disastrous political strategies. He said they just have a blind spot with Trump. No idea he proposes can even be a good idea if it was proposed by James P Public Republican president, they'd be like Okay, well maybe, but because it's him Trump, and because the loathing is so I use the word advisedly, but they hate him. Every idea is a bad idea. Chris Cuomo made a similar argument that condemnation of Trump and the Department of Government efficiency shows that Democrats have not looked earned from the twenty twenty four election. This is Cuomo. It seems like anything that Trump or Musk does they have to condemn, and they have to condemn it on the basis of the people personally. Trump is a Nazi, Musk has apartheid roots. They're just defending the establishment. And I don't think it's where you want to be right now. You want to be in the business of better and they still seem like they're in the business of painting. The other side is worse. How fascinating one by one, But listen to Senator Chris Murphy, Democrat from Connecticut for.
Speaker 3: This.
Speaker 1: This is the perfect representation of the think tank of elected Democrats. We need to act like a real opposition party in the middle of a constitutional and democracy crisis. That means we should not be moving forward nominees or legislation in the United States Senate. What are you guys nuts, honestly, please keep it up. Do that? Do that? Go out there with a unified, unified front. There's a theme that's built into this show that I did not intend. But the news stories just reflect a theme, and i' let's see if you can pick it out. So just stay with us. You do have some members of the Democrat Party saying hold on now, Chris Cuomo, Chris Melissa is Is. He's just pointing out the obvious. This is not smart, guys. Some of this stuff is really good. There's some good ideas here. I just wish Republicans were better at taking this type of opportunity and messaging it. Well. They just don't. They just they anyway, forty six past the album, see if you can pick up the theme in the next forty five minutes, It's The Morning Show with Preston Scott on News Radio one hundred point seven WFLA mostly party line vote, Senate passes a budget bill. If we just get a budget, that's an amazing accomplishment. We've been doing this reconciliation stuff for decades, I mean literally decades, So we'll see, we'll see where this all leads. There's a lot of a lot of plates spinning. Those of you that remember, you know, the old Ed Sullivan Show, or was it? I know, I know that occasionally it was on Carson, But these people would go on there and they'd have these sticks with plates on them, and they they'd spin the plates and see how many plates they could get going at one time. And then as they got to that last one, the first one starts wabbling real slow, and they stick and get that thing going back. And for' it's that's what we got going on. There's so much And that's actually a tactic that Democrats have employed. The difference being this is all about putting things back in some sense of order in our country. And it's so easy to say, oh, well, that's just because it's your side. Yeah, because the pendulum has been moving to the left for decades, even under Republican presidents George W. Bush, nice guy, loved to sit and chat with him, But the fact of the matter is he was a moderate and he allowed the pendulum to keep swinging left. Came across this and posted this video on our ex page, and we you know I could I could go ahead and boost the numbers on X and I'm thinking about it by being a verified poster. I'm thinking about it. I'm thinking about taking it for the team, and I'm thinking about it. We are just we're we're just living in the doldrums of being just another account out there. And I get it. But I posted this guy and he's talking about about Doge and and it's pretty funny stuff. Trump supporter voted for Donald Trump to do what he's doing. But did you expect Donald Trump to do this?
Speaker 4: Not all?
Speaker 1: This probably feels so good. It's two minutes and fifteen seconds of that. The guy's face is hilarious. Elon Musk even commented on it. Just posted it, and it's just fire right. But underneath that there was there was a little note here for some reason, when Biden was firing federal workers for refusing the vaccine. Now, one Democrat spoke up, but firing federal workers for wasting taxpayer money is the end of democracy as we know it, according to democrats. Oh that's that's good. Didn't quite make my best of the week, but it's close. This guy not quite best of the week, but it's close. You can check our Twitter page, X page, our Twix page at TMS Preston Scott and click and follow if you like. But it's a brilliant observation when our military were being kicked out of their jobs. Some we talked to a military doctor who is a whistleblower who was on base restriction in Fort Watchuka, Arizona. We had him on the show talking about he was a whistleblower on what has happened since COVID and the vaccines being mandated in the military. Dems didn't talk about that. Second hour of the Morning Show with Preston Scott. Hello, thereby, great to be with you. He's jse just about fifty minutes from now, he'll be taking your calls. What's the be Friday? Next hour? M Hey, before I get any further and forget, I'm thinking about trying something on Monday called Three Conversations final hour of the show. Just every now and then, not a regular thing, just because soon we're going to be taking Mondays up for the legislative session. We're going to get you. It is our patriotic duty to keep you informed of what's going on in the state that most of you call home. We do have listeners all over the country, and for those of you that listen outside of Florida. You are welcome. You can learn how a state does things properly. For the most part, we don't get everything right. But the three conversations we will. We will give you a chance to be one of three callers to have a five minute conversation with me about whatever you want to talk about. It's not about a filibuster. It's about having a conversation. You bring up the topic and we chat about it. It could be something you've always wanted to ask me. It would be something you want to just you want to talk about that's in the news. Whatever doesn't have to be news. It can be sports, it can be life, it can be Hey, uncle Preston, I've always wondered, how did you make your desk? I'm praying about this on Monday. I'm just saying. This is in Politico, written by Eugene Ludwig, chair of the Ludwig Institute for Shared Economic Prosperity, former US Comptroller for Currency. Excuse me, a comptroller for currency. Here's the headline. Voters were right about the economy, the data was wrong. This is from a former US comptroller.
Speaker 5: And and.
Speaker 1: You remember this, how the media, the insiders, the belt Way the left. They were like, the economy's great. You people just don't get it. You don't know how good you have it. And we're like, I don't care what the numbers say. The economy sucks. This guy, whose whole business in professional life was based on economic data and reality, rarely considered was whether something else might be responsible for the disconnect, whether, for instance, government statistics were fundamentally flawed. And he goes on to talk about going around the country collecting data and seeing reality. But I want to give you one example of what he's talking about, and the fact that this is in political KIO is fascinating to me. The bottom line is this, for more than twenty years, including months prior to the election, voter perception was more reflective of reality than incumbent statistics. Here's an example. Now, he says, I don't believe those who went into this past election taking pride in the unemployment numbers understood that the near record low unemployment figures the figure was a mere four point two percent in November listen now counted homeless people doing occasional work as employed. But the implications are powerful if you filter the statistic to include as unemployed people people who can't find anything but part time work or who make a poverty wage. The percentage is actually twenty three point seven percent. In other words, nearly one of every four workers is functionally unemployed in America today. His point that he layers throughout this piece is that the bureaucrats working for the administration under Joe Biden, Barack Obama, Jill Biden. I'm just saying, filtered their statistics to leave out fundamentals. That's the disconnect. What are they talking about is what we were saying, because we're looking at real life. And a point that he makes is Republicans on whole are more connected to what's happening at the grassroots level than Democrats because Democrats look at filtered statistics, Republicans look at people. Isn't that a fascinating observation? And doesn't that bear witness to what you and I and so many others were thinking. Clearly, an overwhelming majority of Americans. I don't care what it says. I can see. And it's like the old adage, are you gonna believe what your lying eyes are telling you? Or what they tell you? Eleven passed the hour told you a theme. Here's a theme. What I try to do is inform you with stories like that from Politico Politico. I'm I'm, I'm half shocked they published it, but they did, and in fact, they gave it kind of lofty status. Voters were right about the economy, that data was wrong. That's the headline, big bold letters. I try to bring you stories that inform you but also enlighten you so that when you have conversations and if you decide to go out there and battle on social media. I don't advise it. I really don't. As much as I would love for you to follow us on twics, I don't really care. It's fine if you do, but I don't really care. What I'm most interested in is for you to look at these stories, dig them up, and find them. Don't don't email me. Can you send me the link? I got too many stories, too many things, bless your heart. I had a lady say you talked about I got the book yesterday, that Jerry Mitchell book, But there were two other books. Can you send me? Really, we've got a podcast. We've got two of them. You can go back and listen and find the books and here are the authors. But I tossed her a line. I said, I'll do this for you, and so I had the staff look it all up and so we we furnished that for her. But you need to take ownership of this stuff. And what I offer in I don't like using the word analysis. That's Russia's thing. I'm not that smart. I just I occasionally use that word because I'm trying to offer a perspective that I think a lot of us have and express it in a way that hopefully might help you express some thoughts and some ideas that you have, so that when you sit down with others you can you can speak to these things and feel like yes. And that's what's so important. When we have guests on this show that don't need a note, you can hear it. You can hear it when we have Marco Rubio on this program. You can hear it. When you have Rick Scott, you can hear it when you have Cat Camick. When there are certain guests Peter Schweitzer, Justin Haskins, these people don't need a note because they they know it, they spend time with it, They've got ownership of it. That's where you need to be on some of these issues. You need to be well versed. I hope you start with God's word. I get back to that theme. I had lunch with a friend of the show yesterday, and I talked about being able to test and approve what God's Word says so that you're not misled. The same thing about policy, the same thing about philosophy, the same thing about what's going on your personal beliefs. You've got to be able to just you gotta be able to say them to your kids, express these things, teach them while they're young. Sorry, I sound like a Reese's Peanut butter Cup commercial. Sorry, not sorry, not sorry. More to come, sixteen past the hour. I'm gonna make some hopeium. Sorry I tell you that.
Speaker 6: Oh yeah, uh huh uh huh uh huh.
Speaker 1: Now this is an interesting story. Clarksville, Mississippi, the City of Clarksdale, did I say, Clarksville Clarksdale. The city council voted to file a libel lawsuit against the local paper of record, the Clarksdale Press Register Libel, accusing it of publishing a libelous editorial claiming the mayor and city commissioners failed to inform the media about imposing a new tax on residence. This is just this is this is crazy. They took the editorial down because a judge put a restraining order on the register. A judge, Crystal wise Martin, granted the city's request requiring it to be taken down. The judge argued the editorial contained statements that could be considered defamatory, quoting the injury in this case is defamation against public figures through actual malice and reckless disregard of the truth, and interferes with their legitimate function to advocate for legislation. So let's just sit back for a moment and let you and I adjudicate this case. Here's what they wrote. The writer of the editorial, ostensibly the the editor of the paper or the publisher of the paper. It's a small town, agreed with the idea of the tax. They want to put a two percent syntax, if you will. That's what it's called in many places, on alcohol, marijuana, tobacco sales. And they want to use that two percent, that two cent sales tax to fund law enforcement. That's fine and well, it's not unheard of. It's somewhat routine for things like that to exist. The editor of the newspaper agreed great idea, but insisted that city officials did not do enough to inform the public and the media before submitting the proposal to the Mississippi state legislature. The author slammed the mayor for holding a special called meeting without adequate public notice despite promising to be transparent multiple times. The notice was posted at city Hall, is required by law, and stated the city would give appropriate notice thereof to the media, yet the newspaper was never notified. The author noted in the editorial that no other media organization was notified. The newspaper argued that the funds could be diverted from law enforcement to other programs due to the proposals vague language and suggesting that it could include non law enforcement expenditures such as giving away candy at Halloween, toys at Christmas, or hosting evans where politicians can hand out goodie bags to voters in the name of safety. So how is any of that libelous? Obviously this will be appealed, it will all be too late, it won't matter, but the principle will remain. So wishing them good success. Here's a newspaper agreeing with the intent of whatever is being discussed, but is simply holding them accountable to what is required of notification, and a judge finds that requirement being put in editorial form as libelous. This story illustrates that what happens in little small towns or big towns like Tallahassee, it matters. This stuff matters. A newspaper doing its job, how novel. We've got one that's privately run here, but not the newspaper on record. So when they actually do do something, a newspaper outlet that's notable and important, a judge says, no. Twenty seven minutes past resetting the big story in the press box, and you must hear what's coming next. Welcome to the Morning Show with Preston Scott. Thirty five thirty six past the hour. It'll be the best thing you hear all day. Deputy Chief of Staff of the White House. Yesterday with the assembled media whining, complaining about doge, Elon Musk and Steve Van Miller had some fund It is.
Speaker 2: True that many of the people in this room for four years failed to cover the fact that Joe Biden was mentally incompetent and was not running the country. It is also true that many people in this room who have used this talking point that Elon is not elected fail to understand how government works. Yes, so I'm glad for the opportunity for a brief civics lesson. A president is elected by the whole American people and only official in the entire government that is elected by the entire nation. Right, Judges are appointed. Members of Congress are elected at the district or state level, which is one man. And the Constitution Article two has a clause known as a vesting clause, and it says the executive power shall be vested in a president singular. The whole will of democracy is imbued into the elected president. That president that appoints staff to then impose that democratic will onto the government. The threat to democracy, indeed, the exist potential threat to democracy, is the unelected bureaucracy of lifetime tenured civil servants who believe the answer to no one, who believe they can do whatever they want without consequence, who believe they can set their own agenda no matter what Americans vote for. So Americans vote for radical FBI reform and FBI agents say they don't want to change, or Americans vote for radical reformat or energy policies, but EPA bureaucrats say they don't want to change, or Americans vote to end DEI racist DEI policies, and lawyers of the Department of Justice say they don't want to change. What President Trump is doing is he is removing federal bureaucrats who are defying democracy by failing to implement his lawful orders, which are the will of the whole American people.
Speaker 1: The only thing he didn't say, it's a classic line Sean Connery offered in the movie The Untouchables. Thus an to the lesson Mike Drop moment, the media had nothing. Two other big stories, Cash Patel confirmed he is the head of the FBI, And honestly, six months ago Cash Patel heading up the FBI was like twenty sixteen thinking Donald Trump was actually gonna win the election, really really when he came down that elevator and said he was running, I was like, really, okay. I remember playing Ann Coulter's reaction when she was on one of the late night talk shows, so who you gonna win? Who's gonna Donald Trump? And they laughed at her and she wasn't laughing. And Culture, another previous frequent guest of this show had Anne cult her on here all the time. I was one of the only quote local radio programs she ever did. But that was then. This is now. Here's the other big story. Remember I said Hamas was releasing four bodies of hostages. Two babies, tiny children, a toddler and a baby, their mother, and then a grandfather or an elderly man. Well there were four bodies, but the mom isn't one of them. It's a gossen woman, not the mother of those two children. Excuse me. So she's either not dead and they're keeping her, or she's dead and they're keeping her for some other sick, twisted reason. Here's what this goes back to. These Hamas terrorists. They are monsters and like all monsters, must be exterminated. These aren't military operatives, these aren't soldiers. They're terrorists. And and and to think that they would put the body of somebody else and not think it'd be noticed. How did they kill those children? What did they suffer? You just have to remember all of this as you consider the Middle East forty one minutes past. Back in a moment, don't leave me, Good morning, and welcome to the Morning Show with Preston Scott FTC. Federal Trade Commission wants to know more Mark Zuckerberg's claim of fixing a problem that he said under oath didn't exist, remember that censorship. And then he comes after Trump's elected, comes out and says, yeah, we've made changes. But I thought you said you were fine. You didn't do anything. Well, the Federal Trade Commission wants to know more. Uh, quoting one anonymous source that works for the FTC, we're keeping our foot on the gas pedal. Well, okay, then now here's where you come in, ladies and gentlemen, ruminators. They are opening up an official request for public comments on censorship by big tech companies. They are asking you to detail cases where you face consequences from companies for engaging in disfavored political speech. The Daily Caller said this is this draft is going to be made public and that it's a precursor to a formal investigation. It does not intend to allow sweeping allegations of political censorship to continue or to happen. Ever. Again, the document asks Americans if you've ever been suspended, band, shadow band, or otherwise received degraded services by a tech firm after sharing opinions. Now I have to, right now stop and ask myself, do I want to take part in this.
Speaker 7: Now.
Speaker 1: I didn't screenshot any of the stuff that happened, although it might still be there. I haven't visited our show's Facebook page in four years. I mean, I haven't even visited it. I don't even remember what it's called.
Speaker 8: I swear before God, I don't even remember what we called our Facebook page.
Speaker 1: Was it The Morning Show with Preston Scott? Was it Preston Scott's Show?
Speaker 4: Was it?
Speaker 1: I don't know. Maybe you can tell me some of you are still Facebook faithful, and that's fine, no objection for a lot of people. It's it's a place where you communicated with family. You didn't get in any of the politics or anything cool. Nope. I bear no bad feelings to anybody that stayed on Facebook. And so I would have people say, I know you don't go on Facebook, but take a look at this, and they would paste something in from a Facebook page. Maybe you can tell me what our Facebook page was. I don't know. I can only tell you that I got iHeart in trouble nationally for something I posted. Now, I had no repercussions other than I was called to a meeting. It was a it was a phone meeting, of conference meeting of some kind. I was not reprimanded of the I was. I gave my explanation and I said have a good day. But I didn't, so I don't know if I really faced any repercussions. I was shadow band on Facebook. I did face that, and it led to us stopping our video presentation of the show, which will not come back. It's just too much work and I'm too lazy. No, I just, I just I don't want to do it again. But yeah, look into that, if that, if it happened to you, if you, if you got, if you gotten twelvele, you might want to look into this whole thing with Federal Trade Commission and offer public comment when they asked for it. We'll try to keep you up to date on that. Forty seven past the hour, come back, Get you ready for What's the Beef Friday? It's the Morning Show with Preston Scott. The people are the best. No, seriously, I just I can sider even those of you that don't like me, you're my friend, your friends, we're buddies and pals. We might not be besties, but we're pals, We're mates. Ladds lattice lattice lattice lat lattices with a D instead of a tti cees, which is what do you put outside your house? Pat wrote in my sign off on Facebook was January twelfth, twenty twenty one, four years and some change. That's funny, that really is. Yeah, all right, here's my story to get you ready for what's the beef. Nathaniel not Nathan, not Nathaniel. Nathaniel Moran, Canadian advisor to the Federal Minister of Women. I'm aware that my participation in so many competitions will be talked about because of my medical history. The situation in the United States and comments of certain politicians do not help either. With all due respect the level I compete as an amateur recreational athlete, the state of scientific research in the field for the amateur recreational level, and the fact that I have undergone medical transition. You see where we're going here. I can say that I consider that I have legitimacy to participate in the right category unless the law prohibits me from doing so. Let us remember that in Canada no law prohibits it. As for other countries. I will comply with the local laws in force when it applies. Here's what he's not telling you that when he ran in the women's category at the five k Bouge Bouge run in February twenty twenty four, he came in first place, earning the title fastest female across all age categories. Hold on, just wait. He claimed the title over a girl in the ten to twelve year old category. This little girl ten to twelve, what's the second fastest female coming in at twenty six oh eight. He ran a twenty five thirty two, so just over thirty seconds slower was this ten to twelve year old little girl who should have been named the fastest woman female runner in the race. And so this little child was prevented from the honor of being named the fastest woman in the competition, which, by the way, what does that say about this dude that a ten eleven twelve year old girl nearly ran up his skirt and came up thirty second short. Otherwise she's first and wins the title and gets the honor just to sell and now she's forced to just deal with this asterisk. I was the fastest real girl there and have to explain all the nonsense in gibberish about this whole thing that I'll get you ready, it's what's the be Friday? Lines are open eight five zero two zero five w f.
Speaker 9: L A, Hey, what's going on here? We got one line taken, we got three lines open.
Speaker 1: It's like a story I heard the other day. Offering plate gets passed around, the deacons bring them up. The pastor looks in the plates, he goes, that ain't good enough. We're gonna do it again, So he sends the plates back out and everyone starts digging through their podckets, like for this spare change. It's what's the mean Friday? We've got We've got room for you. Eight five zero two zero five WFLA. My apologies to Lee, who has been very patiently standing by the phone. Lines are open. Your chance to call is right now. Eight five zero two zero five WFLA. We give you a chance to complain about anything you want. It's your time and you can complain about literally anything. We just have two rules. No profanity and don't make it personal. If you have a bad experience at a business, tell us what happened. Lay it out there. Just don't name the business unless I ask you to. There are occasions when it's okay, but let me be the arbiter of that. But whatever you like. As long as you stay in those guidelines, we're good. Let's talk to Lee. Hey, Lee, thanks for calling in. What's the beef?
Speaker 3: Good morning, Preston, Thanks for taking my call.
Speaker 1: My pleasure.
Speaker 3: My beef this morning is actually with I think it's big tech censorship. I've been paying for a TV subscription that belongs to well, we'll just I think we can say this because there's nothing negative Blaze Media group. I app on my TV so I could watch Blaze Media. But I keep on my TV last night and I went and I looked to my app was missing, and I said, well, that's kind of weird, and so that I went to reinstall the app so I could watch something on the Blaze and well, my TV has completely deleted Blaze Media as an app. I can even see now. I think that's kind of weird, and I think that's big tech censorship and I'm pretty upset about it.
Speaker 1: WHOA Okay, now hold on here, what brand TV are we talking?
Speaker 3: Well, it is a Visio and I've ad it at Walmart.
Speaker 1: I would immediately reach out to somebody at Blaze Media because unlike a lot of places, they will fight stuff like that. You need to let them know what's happened.
Speaker 3: I definitely will and then let.
Speaker 1: Me know, shoot me an email and follow up with me on this. I will be fascinated to know what happens.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'll definitely reach out to Blaze Media today. I listened to Glenn's program After Yours every day, and I can say I pay for the subscription every month. I enjoy supporting them. But I was trying to disturb to see that it was missing and I, oh, yeah.
Speaker 1: I don't blame you. I'd be absolutely livid about that. Lee, thanks very much, brother, and I wish you well on that. I suspect they will be very interested to hear that news over at Blaze. I wouldn't waste one minute of time with Visio. That's just me. I would I would try to go straight to Blaze. That frees up a line eight five zero two zero five to BFLA STU from Joja, how are.
Speaker 7: You well, Preston. You know I've been hearing these complaints for the past week or two about Elon Musk Yeah, assisting our president in the White House. None of these people are talking about the over thirty three visits over the past four years by none other than Alexander Soros, who is the fine young son of George, who, in the opinion of critics, feels that he may in fact be a threat to all humanity. And I just don't understand why they skip right over that.
Speaker 1: Because they don't think he's a threat. They like him.
Speaker 7: Ah, you have made a good point. I will I will dwell on that thing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's part of the club man, but you make it. Yeah, you make a great point.
Speaker 7: He's the leader of the band, that's for sure.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's he's gonna inherit all of the money. And Stu, thanks very much for calling in. Yeah, alex Soros is we were kind of hoping that when George's time comes whenever. I mean, I you know, I don't wish bad on anybody. I don't mind their plans failing if they're bad people. But whatever, Okay, let me take that back. Hamas terrorists, I'm good wishing bad on them. I'm totally good with that. I have to I have to correct myself. Uh, David, your next then Nancy, what about you? Eight five zero to zero five w FLA. We've got two lines. You can be on the air. It's What's to be Friday on the Morning Show with Preston Scott. It's the Morning with Preston Scott. Your calls, your complaints, whatever you need to get off your chest. We're here for you. The audio couch has been disinfected, wiped down, dusted, cleaned and is ready for you. David, you are up. It's What's to be Friday? What's your beef?
Speaker 10: Good morning, Pressed and the self security. Trump's going to take the tax away, but you know you pay taxes on it. Democrats are the ones that took put the tax back on you. They took everything away, They took the box where it was at they you eat it it. Democrats done it all. Now they're saying the Republicans are going to take it away from this. Well, I pay taxes, I grow solid security, I work. At the end of the year, eighty five percent of my Social Security is taxed again, so you're double taxed on social Security. That is my grap this morning. I mean, they double tax everything, and you know which way is Trump going to take the tax out? From when you get it out of you check or after you get it when you retire.
Speaker 1: Now I could be mistaken here, but when you say you're taxed twice on Social Security, Uh my understanding was that you're not taxed on the Social Security money on the front end, just like you're not taxed on your four oh one K on the front end, you're taxed on the back end.
Speaker 10: That's well, yeah, I don't believe that. Yeah, I don't know for sure, Okay, but I know eighty five percent of mine is taxed because I make over thirty four thousand dollars a year.
Speaker 1: Sure, yeah, I owe my job. So uh yeah, that's ridiculous in and of itself, David, the taxing level, and hopefully we'll address that. But thanks for calling in. But yeah, call a CPA on that one, and I'm sure you can get a quick answer on that. But I think I could be wrong that your taxable income is not that Social Security isn't taxed. It's just taken out. But it might be it could be taxed. I could be wrong, and maybe that's something that only is addressed when you file your tax return, that that adjustment is made. I do know that for a one k's that money is not taxed. It's taxed when you take it out, which is why I personally prefer if I were to have the option, I wouldn't have this traditional four O one k that we have. I'd have a wroth. You know we've got a wroth, but you know that's not the main mechanism for us. But thanks very much. I appreciate the call. Sorry to take so much time there, Nancy, Europe.
Speaker 11: I have a really serious beef about politics, Okay. I believe that politicians, during the time when people are trying to go for president or whatever, to be held accountable for any lies that they tell about the other person. Out Here, we only have these politicians and news which we know is crooked to tell us what they're really about, and to hear false things about other people. It's very confusing at times, and I think they should be held accountable. I think they should be able to be sued. I think they should have a law in place where you cannot lie. And there is a libel law, but nobody uses it, and I think that would help us out a lot to the truth.
Speaker 1: Thank you, Nancy. Appreciate that we kind of touched on that loosely last hour on a news media story. Cowboy Bob, stand by Michael Ron. You'll be I promise all of you will be next in the next segment. But let me just say this. They can be sued. Spoken lies that to fame. It's called slander, and written lies it's called libel, and so it can happen. It's why I don't worry about saying certain things on this program that I just know to be true. And you know, whether it's local politicians or state politicians or national politicians or whatever. Anyway, there you go. But thanks for calling in. Accountability should be paramount. Sixteen past Bob, Michael Ron, You're next on the Morning Show with Preston Scott. Twenty minutes past the hour. Time for a few more phone calls. We've got room for one more caller eight five zero two zero five w f l A eight five zero two zero five wfl A. But waiting very patiently on the phone line is Cowboy Bob. How are you, sir? What's the beef?
Speaker 5: Good morning? I got a question for you. The oh one thing. Caroline Levitt is a superstar?
Speaker 1: Yeah, and uh, the how about form that? Let's let's you gotta find a way to turn the question into a beef, and let's do this. How how is it that that the former Press secretary was so inept compared to how amazing Carolyn Levitt is.
Speaker 5: She's a Democrat.
Speaker 1: I know, I'm just trying to make it a beef. See what I'm doing? The Okay, is it a question or a beef?
Speaker 10: No, this is a beef.
Speaker 1: Because my beef is that you said you had a question.
Speaker 5: Well, that was in lieu of my in in before my beef. That was the prelude to my beef.
Speaker 1: Okay, go ahead.
Speaker 5: I know politicians for decades they have been in charge of the downward spiral of our economy. How is how is it that in three weeks a non elected businessman finds enormous amounts of graft and waste and abuse and the politicians are still dumbfounded by the whole thing?
Speaker 1: Can I Can I answer the question? Yes by looking.
Speaker 5: And one and not being involved in it.
Speaker 1: Yeah? Absolutely, Yeah, that's the beauty of having rich guys up there now. I mean when you you know, when you look at Trump and you look at Musk, you got two rich guys. They don't need anything anyone can offer.
Speaker 5: Them, but they know how to do stuff where these other people don't notice how the Republicans in these meetings, in these photo ops with the press, how happy they are, and how angry the Dems are every time they're on the TV.
Speaker 1: Or it's beautiful, It's beautiful, cowboy Bob, thank you, brother, appreciate the phone call. We're going to go ahead and keep it to the two callers we have left, and so this is it. Michael, you are the second to the last caller. What's the beef?
Speaker 12: Thank you, Kristen.
Speaker 4: My beef is pan of those that are looking with the Beating Book of Records, because they are all looking fine enough, because we are finding three hundred year old and one twenty and seventy year old resuming paychecks for this is a secuity, so they should be looking further about where these records are from beginning to regulars.
Speaker 1: I'd be lying to you if I said I fully understood what you said to me there, Michael, I'm sorry, I'm not quite following you this time around.
Speaker 12: I said that the Guineas Book of Records, in terms of the ages that we are finding from a social security right, we should have been finding these people that are hearing something yet old from the records of the Guineas book.
Speaker 4: But we're not.
Speaker 12: But do just finding out for us.
Speaker 1: So that I'm now I'm with you one hundred percent. It's kind of amazing that we have people collecting Social Security that's older than the country.
Speaker 4: That's true for inside.
Speaker 1: Thank you very much, Michael, I appreciate it. Sorry for not being able to follow you right away there, Ron, you're the final caller here. What's the beef?
Speaker 13: Hey, thank you pressing very much. You got to social Security money is all about your fraud what they're doing with it. But anyway, do we really need just fifty first state especially Canada?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 13: Do we want to open that fifty five gallon barrel of worms?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 13: On Now, I'm just they need to just shut up, but just go on about doing and get this fifties. We can't get fifty states straight. And they want to know one, especially that mess up there on break.
Speaker 1: But don't you don't you think Trump is just tweaking them a little bit.
Speaker 13: You could be right about that, that that's probably what it is. I mean, but still I don't want to know part of them people. I mean just think about it.
Speaker 1: Well, anyway, here's the thing though, Ron, they captured part of that beach at at Normandy, and Canada has been generally very favorable neighbors for us. Sadly the citizens are are They're awakening there. They are starting to realize that this socialist stuff has led them down the wrong path. Now is it too late? I don't know.
Speaker 13: Yeah, I know, have a great weekend.
Speaker 1: Thank you for.
Speaker 13: Everything you do, because that Noon show them boys, God, I can't they suckles stop it?
Speaker 1: Oh Ron always he always says such kind, encouraging things about our program here, and I mean, who doesn't like to hear things said nicely about you? Right? But then man Clay and Buck, he's got the dagger and then he twists it. You know, if I just lifted the noises I've made in today's show and put them in a promo, that would be a really weird one minute probably. All right, we're done. We're gonna come back with the best and the worst. We've got a good news segment, We've got a dad joke, headlines from the Bee stick around. It's gonna be a great last thirty minutes of the Morning Show with Preston Scott. This is the Morning Show with Preston Scott. You know, for us here on the show, this is kind of an exhale moment. You know, when you when you've you've exerted and tried your best all week long and you get to the end of whatever it is you've been working on. It's that same feeling you get when you've mowed your grass, done some work in the yard and you just you've got things just looking the way and you just kind of step back and you go, yeah, I did that. So this final half hour, this is this is where we just kind of push away from the week just a little bit, just a little bit, and I know you're you've got the rest of your day for many of you, most of you, you've got the rest of your work day. I get it. So just kind of live vicariously through me for just a moment, just kind of a yeah, decompressed. This is our best and worst of the week. Jose you're up. I think I know what your worst is, but but let's.
Speaker 14: Yeah, so yeah, my best for the week, Uh is that unfortunate plane crash in Canada and everybody survived if I'm correct.
Speaker 1: Oh man, you know, thank the Lord. And then my worst for the week.
Speaker 14: Is, you know, the the tooth. I gotta get my tooth pull today, so I'm not looking forward to that. But you you prayed over me this morning, and that did give me some solace. Uh so I'm not as scared.
Speaker 1: Yep, yep, That's that's it for me. Just keep telling it yourself. I will not be afraid. There you go. Now I'm gonna start with my worst. My worst of the week is I'm sore. I'm not angry. I'm talking physically. I'm sore. I have been. Uh. I have been pushing myself a little bit. And as I said to my wife and some of our kids, I said, the fact that I'm sore says there's hope, there's still muscle there. At my advanced age, there's still something to be sore, and I'm grateful for it. But it doesn't change the fact that I'm sore. I'm just I can't turn my head, I can't reach for anything. I can't I'm sore.
Speaker 10: I hurt.
Speaker 1: I sound like such a wiss, but I do. My best of the week is a tie between Mitch McConnell announcing yesterday he is not seeking another term in office. I just I've decided I'm not going to run for real. Thank you, Mitch, thank you, Marbles, you you, thank you very much. That that's that's that's a high mark for me. But this I broke the tie. One of the one of the research assistants, in fact, a research assistant supervisor on the program, Rob sent this to my attention and it came. It came as a fact check inside a Dinesh DESUSA and it's a post on on twics from Serena s who writes, ever, notice how gender reassignment surgery only offers two genders male or female. Friends, That is a stinking brilliant That point actually ends all of the debate because what it does is it drags everybody, sorry about the use of the word drags. It pulls. How about that? It pulls you right back to the fundamental instead of this, Well, wait a minute, we're just doing gender reassignment, so it's either male or female. So we're right back to where we started, male or female. It's a brilliant observation and I'm going to hold onto that for the rest of my life. And that's my best of the week. Forty minutes past the hour. Good News is next gotta be a bass drummer scenario. Yeah, I just felt it money on the program. Three conversations, Hm hmm, that'll be interesting. I don't know what will happen. I will be prepared for it to flame. I'll just I'll just say that up front. But our good News segment here in the program, I I admit I got a I've got a couple crush here. I there are a couple of couples that I just I just have such regard for and and I would love to have a conversation with, whether it's on the show or not. I would love to sit down and talk with Chip and Joanna Gaines, and I would love to sit and talk with Ben and Aaron Napier both their HDTV and now you know Chip and Joanna basically they own what is now Magnolia Network. It was DIY. They bought it basically and renamed it Magnolia. Now. What's the good news? Well, here it is. Back in January twenty twenty, Ben and Aaron did a spin off of their show called Hometown Takeover. They had submissions from over twenty six hundred small towns across the country, saying, please come to our city. The town had to be smaller than forty thousand and needed a help, a boost, and this first one it was. I mean, these submissions were almost heartbreaking in and of themselves. In the case of Wetumpka, Alabama, about eighteen miles to the northeast of Montgomery, like a lot of small towns, people leaving, not staying, not coming. A big tornado all but leveled parts of the town. It's a beautiful little city. I've not seen it in person, but with Tumka was selected as the hometown Takeover. And the good news is that after the Hometown Takeover, where Ben and Aaron and some other designers and builders from HGTV they show up and they invest in this town, and they pick multiple projects and they pour their heart into them and they give it a bit of a boost. It's basically taking the recipe of what Ben and Aaron have done in Laurel, Mississippi. Now we've been to Laurel and I've talked with some of the people that have been on that show, and it's really spectacular to see what they've done in that small community. And now what Tumpk is out there saying Hey, look at us, because they've kind of crossed over back to becoming a place in the words of the city Ben and Aaron, Hometown Takeover helped put us back on the map. Well, a new show is coming, Hometown Takeover in March on HGTV, and they're taking on Seabring Florida. Can't wait, cannot wait. Here's my point. This is a television show that's redemptive. It's someone that's taking what they have, their platform, and they're leveraging it to help people. And I've got on my blog page the story of a guy who started to help people and it turned into an incredible business. And he still just does one thing. He helps people, and that's his business. And the fact that you can make a business of helping people, that's good news. Here in the Morning Show with Preston Scott that Monday, another edition of The Morning Show. And I'm sorry I'm not doing a traditional dad joke here because I just I can't help myself.
Speaker 15: I remember the story of the fella here A while ago was running for Congress as a Republican. He stopped by a farm to do some campaigning, and when the farmer heard he was a Republican. His jaw dropped and he said, wait right here. He said, while I get ma, she's never seen a Republican before, so he got mod The candidate looked around for a podium to give his speech from. The only thing he could find was a pile of that stuff that best crewman took thirty five years trying.
Speaker 1: To get Harry to call fertilizer.
Speaker 15: So he got up on the mound and when they came back, he gave his speech. End of it. The farmer says, that's the first time I've ever heard of Republican speech. Candidate said, that's the first time I've ever given a Republican speech from a Democratic platform.
Speaker 1: So good.
Speaker 8: That is so good. Oh the gipper gotta love East of Ronald Reagan. Tie for some headlines from your My Hour, trusted source for satire ladies and gentleman. These are headlines courtesy of the Babylon be Democrats. A man transparency from man who posts literally everything he does on the Internet. Europe vows to stick it to Trump by finally paying their own bills. Man finally realizes reason people play hockey is so you could legally punch a Canadian in the face. Saturday Night Lives celebrates twenty fifth anniversary of Last Time It.
Speaker 1: Was Funny dance.
Speaker 16: Speech denouncing EU censorship censored by EU. Woman posts picture of her dinner for benefit of friends who've never seen spaghetti. Von Trapp family crosses the Alps into Switzerland to escape free speech. Deranged maniac fires off over seventeen memes in crowded German shopping mall. Cruel elon Musk cuts off social security benefits for thousands of Revolutionary Four veterans, and Zelenski allowed to sit in peace talks but must sit at kitty table.
Speaker 1: Brought to you by Barono Heating and Air. It's the Morning Show on Double ufla he Just if you don't, if you don't make time once a week to go to the Babylon B and just and just read headlines, you yeah, okay, if you don't make time to to read the Babylon B at least once a week, you're just missing out, That's all I'll say. You're just missing out, all right. Big story today where there were a couple first Steven Millerity chief of staff for the White House, just murdering reporters and giving them a Civics Lesson. It was breathtaking and it was wonderful to hear. It was so encouraging, Senate confirms Cash Patel is FBI director, You think people are mad about Elon Musk Cash Patel, I think knows where the dead bodies are in the FBI. I think he knows where the skeletons are and where the closets that are hiding them are located. FDC launching a probe into big tech censorship of Americans. Apparently the Federal Trade Commission wants to hear from you. Headline from Politico. Voters were right about the economy. The data was wrong and a pretty scary example of what the true unemployment number is. Believe it or not, it's close to twenty four percent. A lot of other good stuff happening today's show. Friends, check out the podcast. Check out the Conversations podcast for any interviews you might have missed earlier in the week, including my visit yesterday with Jerry Mitchell and his book Race Against Time. Have a great weekend and go Knowles