Speaker 1: As performers in the adult industry, we get asked all the time about tips on how to perform like a porn star.
Speaker 2: And what says porn star more than a big load?
Speaker 1: Right? Cool? Right? Introducing Popstar, the only doctor formulated men's health supplement that is guaranteed to up your porn star game. This bad boy will make your comtaste pineapple sweet.
Speaker 3: But we're not just talking about taste here. Popstar is also formulated to give you massive loads that make your orgasms feel volcanic.
Speaker 1: Designed by Ivy League trained doctors, Popstar contains only the highest quality ingredients and is backed by scientific research to maximize your bedroom experience even better.
Speaker 2: It's vegan, non GMO, and safe to take every day.
Speaker 1: So why wait? Get your hands on Popstar today.
Speaker 2: Visit Popstar Labs dot com.
Speaker 3: And save twenty percent on your first order with code Sorry twenty Popstar, Big loads, better taste you're listening to. Sorry for asking, Sorry for asking. I'm Cole Connor and I'm Adam Ramsey. This is where we talk, shop, ask questions.
Speaker 1: Tell stories, and laugh some laughs about being creators as well as consumers of adult content.
Speaker 2: We love watching too.
Speaker 1: We certainly do. We also discussed the impact adult films have had on us, on our guests, and on the LGBTQ community.
Speaker 2: So strap on and strap in and.
Speaker 1: Here we go.
Speaker 2: Hello, Hello, gooday, everybody, Good morning. Hi Cole, how's it going?
Speaker 1: Oh you know?
Speaker 3: Yeah, well yea, Hi everyone. I'm Adam Ramsey cold Connor. You're listening too. Sorry for asking the podcast where we where we.
Speaker 1: Talk about talk about porn and.
Speaker 3: Being gay, slots on camera and all that that entails. We are here on the on the the aftermath of a very weird night.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: You know what I gotta say, I'm not that surprised.
Speaker 2: I guess.
Speaker 1: I guess I went into it thinking I don't like it could happen again, and it will.
Speaker 3: For those of you who don't know we're talking about we're talking about Kim Kardashian and Paris Hilt and I'm just kidding, we're talking about the elections. This is the morning after the elections, the time of this recording, and you know, tensions are I don't know, I feel that at this point. It's like I was really panic leading up to it, and now I'm kind of like.
Speaker 2: You know, what it happened. I'm just like it happened.
Speaker 3: At this point, we just have to take care of ourselves and each other and hope nothing horrible goes wrong and just hold on for the crazy ass ride. We've been there once, you know, we've been there. Yeah, jeez, AnyWho.
Speaker 1: I don't know. We thought it was like the worst thing then too.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Yeah, the stakes felt higher this time. But I mean, whatever here we are.
Speaker 1: They actually hire or is it where we made to feel that?
Speaker 2: I don't even care enough to talk about it.
Speaker 4: We have.
Speaker 3: What I care about is our is our very handsome guest who I've been wanting to get on this podcast for a while and I'm very excited.
Speaker 2: Please everybody welcome Davy Wavy. Hi, Davy. Hey, can you hear us?
Speaker 5: Okay, okay, you sound great.
Speaker 3: You sound great, You look great. Tell us about this background right now? Well, it's my living room, your living room where I feel like in Rhode Island.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's giving cabin.
Speaker 2: I love it.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's very rustic.
Speaker 4: This is my little highway away from you know, all the excitement of filming gay porn.
Speaker 5: I just kind of hang out here with my cat.
Speaker 2: Yes, do you still have your palm Springs home? Too?
Speaker 5: No, I don't.
Speaker 4: I sold it a couple of years ago. So I'm here in Rhode Island full time.
Speaker 5: My family's nearby.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I love them. You're from Rhode Island.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah.
Speaker 4: Most of the people that I love are out here, and yeah, just kind of it feels important to stay grounded and connected with them.
Speaker 2: You know. It's funny.
Speaker 3: I feel like I've been having a lot of conversations lately with people where I feel like, as we you know, enter our forties and beyond, a lot of people are very future minded about where they want to plant themselves. I feel like I've been hearing a lot of people leaving Los Angeles, leaving San Francisco, moving closer to family, or going to places where they can actually afford property.
Speaker 5: Totally. Yeah, I own this house like it's in Los Angeles.
Speaker 4: Also, like there are parts of Los Angeles, aspects of Los Angeles that I loved. I just never felt and this might be more on me than Los Angeles, but I never found my tribe. I never found my people there. And on weekends I would go to Palm Springs, which is, you know, an older crowd, more kind of like the Bearer community.
Speaker 5: People who eat food that was. That was definitely more my cup of tea. So that was kind of my gradual move from.
Speaker 1: Oh, well that was your problem and going to Palm Springs every weekend. Of course you're not going to find your tribe in La if you got a Palm Springs every weekend.
Speaker 3: Well, and also, if from what I'm hearing is correct, you hang out with people who don't eat food. Is that what you're saying Los Angeles? Your Los Angeles experience was that was my.
Speaker 5: Los Angeles experience? Yeah, very much so. Yeah, so it was not it was not my cup of tea.
Speaker 2: How long did you live here?
Speaker 5: A couple of years.
Speaker 4: But like, I'm more of a nature guy, Like I don't drink, I don't party, like I don't go to bars. I'm really boring. I'm boring and very much an old soul. So Palm Springs is a better fit, but Rhode Island even better.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Where in the state are you?
Speaker 4: Like? It's so small, doesn't really have parts. People always ask that, and I'm like, well.
Speaker 2: They're like, none of your business. Actually I don't need you to come and looking for me.
Speaker 4: No, it's more than it's like it's thirty minutes across the state. So I'm kind of just like, yeah, I'm near Providence, as every place in Rhode Island is.
Speaker 3: What was it like growing up in Rhode Island or in your part of Rhode Island.
Speaker 5: I really like it here.
Speaker 4: I know it's not cool to like really love the place that you grew up in. But it has beaches, it's close to the mountains if you like to ski. We have four seasons. It's a progressive community relatively speaking. And there's a really great food scene here in Providence. A lot of universities here, so there's like this really cool creative culture.
Speaker 5: It's not a bad place. It's actually really.
Speaker 1: Have you ever been to Rhode Island?
Speaker 2: I have been, right, Yeah, I've been through.
Speaker 3: On a road trip, I stopped in Providence and it was beautiful from what I remember.
Speaker 5: What did you do in Providence?
Speaker 2: I was with.
Speaker 3: Family, so we just kind of like bopped around and looked at sites and ate food and then does.
Speaker 1: It look like does it look like Provincetown.
Speaker 4: No, there's parts of it that do. But Providence is like a small city.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's bigger than Province Town certainly, right, Like from my memory, it's more of a city than it is a little beachside cape.
Speaker 5: Yah.
Speaker 2: A million people here, a million? Wow?
Speaker 3: Yeah. I keep every time I hear Providence, I think of a thirty Rock line where Queen Latifa says she she plays like the mayor of Providence or something, or or the governor Rhode Island. Queen Latifa in one episode of thirty Rock, and she's talking like in her like politician voice about Providence. And she's like, and we also have a flourishing, thriving Italian criminal community.
Speaker 2: Is that actually true?
Speaker 5: Very very true? Yeah, it was like the mod headquarters in New England.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 4: It's also very Catholic. So like when I grew up, I went to Catholic high school. I went to an all boys school.
Speaker 2: But were you Catholic or your family?
Speaker 5: My family was Catholic. Yeah, that never got molested. Oh fortunately, yeah, was just too eager. They were like too bad.
Speaker 4: But yeah, I went through Catholic high school and we did like the Confessions and oh man, it was that was a lot to go through.
Speaker 2: But you know, did you struggle as like a young gay boy.
Speaker 4: I did, Like there were so many instances of being in like Catholic high school I remember this. We had to do it a confession every month, and I remember literally being in like a closet with this priest and like, you couldn't even write this. And you know, he had this big belly and he kind of had his hands up like this. And these priests when they do the confess, they're like in full drag.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 4: He has like the red slippers, the you know, the tunic with the gold embroidering, and and he's asking me to confess, and I said something about having like relations with the boy, and he was like he kind of just like perked right up and he was like, oh, well, well, what did you do? And I was like, oh, I think God probably knows what I did.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 4: And he was like, well, a vague confession gets a vague forgiveness, so.
Speaker 5: You need to tell me the details. And I was like, this.
Speaker 3: Queen, Wow, a vague confession gets a vague forgiveness.
Speaker 2: He's used that line before the title.
Speaker 3: He has used that line to get more drama out of his.
Speaker 1: What do you call it confessions?
Speaker 4: Yeah sure, yeah, yeah, And feel free to take that line and run with it.
Speaker 5: I know you, I like played priest before.
Speaker 3: I've played priest twice, and I've actually won an award for one of my performances as a priest, not the one you'd expect.
Speaker 1: I've never I always play like a like a guard or like a prison warden. You like, I I think I think I have. I think I'm playing a doctor later finally, Yeah, Like people always ask if I'm a doctor tattoo and they're like, oh, are you a doctor or nurse? I'm like, no, I'm also not a fucking koala and I point out my koala tattoo.
Speaker 2: You get very at this.
Speaker 1: I don't like people asking me about my tattoos. I think it's I think it's invasive.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yes, I played a I played a priest in one cocky Boys movie and it was.
Speaker 2: A very serious movie.
Speaker 3: And then I played a priest in a in a naked sword raging, stalling movie that was written by Jackie beat so it was a very jokey, silly like. I played a horny priest that was basically just trying to.
Speaker 1: Find the one that was trying to get a confession out of David.
Speaker 3: That was me.
Speaker 2: Yes, oh maybe it was.
Speaker 5: Maybe it was a scene.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, but.
Speaker 4: Adam, you have the I think the emotional gravitas to like the spiritual weight right to play a priest.
Speaker 5: I think it's good casting.
Speaker 3: I think so it worked out great. I love that Cockyboys movie. I feel like that's some of my best work as an actor. I think actually some of my best work as an actor was in a Himorrhos movie as well. Journeys, which we can get into later, because I want to keep asking a little bit.
Speaker 2: Well. First of all, I do have a photo that I would like to pull up. Oh God, if you don't mind, Okay, this was.
Speaker 3: This was a screenshot from your first It's listed as your first ever YouTube video. I don't know if that's true. It is true, Davy, did you drink the potion? That's seventeen years ago? You look the absolute same. What is happening here?
Speaker 5: I don't know what's happening. I think it's because I don't drink and I go to bed early.
Speaker 2: That could do it? Are you well hydrated, well rested?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 1: All that?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 4: That was That was in Washington, d C. I used to work at a nonprofit called Family Equality Council, which advocated for gay and lesbian parents, and I was their online marketing manager. And they gave me a webcam and so I went home and like played with it, and there was this new website called YouTube and I heard that.
Speaker 2: Yes, yeah, and.
Speaker 5: So I was like, well, let me make a video.
Speaker 4: And I think in the first couple of videos, I just talked about books that I was reading. I mean, they're terrible, like there's no editing, the sound is off. But it was like my seventh or eighth video. I had moved to Toronto for the summer and I looked out my window. My neighbor was jerking off and it turned out that he kind of in hindsight, I think he was like a webcam boy, but he every day at four o'clock he would jerk off, and I made a YouTube video about it, and for early YouTube, it went as viral.
Speaker 5: As a video could go back then launched my career.
Speaker 2: So yeah, so you were.
Speaker 3: I mean, that's like when people when I talk about you and my experience in Himorros, I always explain and tell me this is correct, that you were one of the earlier YouTube users who was able to monetize his content.
Speaker 2: Is that correct?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 4: And well, and thank god I was early, because I wasn't good like it was. It was just kind of like the first person to arrive at the party. The first couple of years I did it, you couldn't even monetize. Google hadn't even bought YouTube yet. Once they did, they started running ads and that was a, you know, a big game changer. Of course, now people go in with the intention of making money. I just really wanted to document these experiences that I was having in life. And at first when people started following and commenting, I remember initially like turning the comments off and being like I don't want this, Like I didn't ask these people their opinion, what's going on here? And then realizing at some point, oh, like this is kind of there's an opportunity here, there's engagement, there's a community that's being built.
Speaker 1: What changed it for you where you like actually wanted to engage with the people.
Speaker 4: God this sounds so like righteous in earnest, but I realized, coming from this like nonprofit background, that I was.
Speaker 5: Reaching more people through my YouTube.
Speaker 4: Channel than I was through like the work that I was doing at this nonprofit. And I think I felt something of a responsibility to create content that contributed to this community. And initially my content wasn't particularly dirty. It was a lot about coming out of the closet talking to family and friends, which is as a twenty three year old, which I was in that picture. That's the stuff that I was navigating. As I got older, you know, into my thirties and forty one, now it became more interesting for me to talk about sex because that was the personal journey that I was on. So I guess I've just always made the content about the things that I was interested in.
Speaker 3: So it was essentially a video diary that you were just sharing with the world, and it caught on.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and and wasn't even a shirt with the world. I just thought in twenty years would be fun to look back and see where I was or what was important to me.
Speaker 2: Wow, that's really how it turned out.
Speaker 1: Do you That just aspired a question for me, like, do you find that you became more sexual in your thirties than you were in your twenties.
Speaker 4: I think I was hornier in my twenties than I was in my thirties, but I think by my thirties I was like, God, there's got to be more to this than what's being presented. And I think I also started to become better equipped with the language to talk about sex and sexuality and what I was experiencing. There were a few things that happened, these kind of tantric experiences that opened the door a little bit, and I was like, fuck, Like, I think I'm gonna walk through and do this. It's YouTube. A lot of my audience was young, like teenage girls. They were like, hey, yeah, we're not here for this journey is what we signed up for, which is fine. I think I kind of augree them.
Speaker 3: But do you find it once you became a lot more open about the sexual side of things, that you kind of opened the door to a whole new audience. Did your audience grow, did it shrink? Did it take a while for that to hit? How did that process go for you?
Speaker 4: The audience definitely shifted, and it shifted older, it shifted more mail, shifted more queer. Now YouTube is a smaller piece of the puzzle for me. I still make content, but YouTube's also changed. The algorithms have changed, yea, how they measure engagement. It's all kind of a different cup of tea. And I'm totally at peace with the fact that I'm like, I'm on the other side of my relevancy curve on YouTube. But I think for the folks that are really interested in this content, it's still interesting for them to follow along and see behind the scenes of a Himorrhos film that we're making, or get like a producer's commentary for a scene that we released, or talk about what really happens and the role Trimex can play and how good sex might differ from what people see see on screen.
Speaker 1: Yeah, when did you start Hemorrhos?
Speaker 4: We just celebrated the seventh anniversary. It feels longer than that because we for a lot of reasons, but we also started filming earlier than that so that I'd have a library of content to like.
Speaker 5: So when we launched, it wasn't like here's one video, maybe I'll make another.
Speaker 4: Yeah, So it's been like a probably eight and a half nine years.
Speaker 3: For our listeners who may not know, can you tell us what Hemorrhos is, what's the brand and kind of how it started?
Speaker 5: You know.
Speaker 4: What's fucking funny is like I'm still terrible at talking about what Hemorrhos really is. Yeah, I am, because it's like there's a part of me that's like, Okay, the tagline we often use is like, Okay, it's like porn but better, and it's.
Speaker 5: Like, well, what the fuck does that mean?
Speaker 4: And a lot of times people will be like, oh, well, it's kind of like consciously created porn or mindful porn, or I've heard the term grass fed porn.
Speaker 2: I use the word intentional like that.
Speaker 3: That's a word that I use often to describe himros dot TV.
Speaker 1: Intentional about what.
Speaker 3: Just in what it's delivering and what it has to say about sexual connection.
Speaker 2: It's you know, a lot of the content.
Speaker 1: Does that have to say about about it? What are you intentionally trying to say about it?
Speaker 4: So, just to back up, when we film a project, we hire a sex coach and we'll go to usually a really remote location, will film twelve scenes and they're connected to some larger like kind of umbrella theme. So we just did a scene where we reimagined fairy tales through a queer lens. So we reclaimed a lot of the narratives through this gay, erotic lens. So with like Beauty and the Beast, instead of Belle going to the castle and being a victim of Stockholm syndrome and being subversive because she reads and then fucking a water buffalo. In our version, the boy goes to the castle and every time he passes a mirror, he sees a reflection of himself as the beast. So it's this idea that, like, the beast is not something else, but it's the shadow side of our own.
Speaker 5: Self, which we all have.
Speaker 4: And in the scene the beast steps through the mirror, they have this really intimate you know they fought they had.
Speaker 5: It's very beautiful.
Speaker 4: But the idea is that instead of running from your shadow, keeping it locked away, it's about integrating your shadow, learning from it. So each scene kind of has this message in it that we collaborate on with the sex and Intimacy coach, And even when we're filming, like each day starts with the workshop and the coach works with the models to help facilitate connections and to connect them with the content we're filming that day. I also get that for most models creating porn, they're not interested in that. It's like I just want to show up, I want to fuck, I want to get my check. Yeah, this is more about a willingness to go a little bit on a sexual.
Speaker 5: Journey of discovery.
Speaker 4: Sometimes stuff comes up for folks, it's kind of opening this door. But it's an opportunity to create something that maybe feels like it has a little bit of a message, or that might feel more authentic to the to the models and the scene. But again, it's not for everyone, right, but I think for people who are sick and tired of mainstream porn, it's a really great alternative.
Speaker 3: Do you find that there's a lot of vetting of the models before a project?
Speaker 5: Yeah, and I'm really shitty at it.
Speaker 4: So, like I used to interview models for the scenes, and you get on the phone and it's like, yeah, like are you comfortable stepping into your authenticity on camera?
Speaker 5: Like is that going to be really fun for you? And everyone's just like oh.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, oh for sure, for sure, Yeah.
Speaker 5: I can do that. That's really awesome.
Speaker 4: And then you get on set and you know, the exercise they do in the workshop is like eye gazing, and someone's like, I'm out, you know. So now we work through referrals. So if there's a model that we really like, like we just shot a scene with with Joonah Wheeler, and it's like, who's awesome, And it's like Jonah, hey do you have other people that you've worked with who you think would be receptive to this approach, who aren't going to roll their eyes when we do a workshop and they have to talk about their feelings, right, And that's been better.
Speaker 5: That's been a better process.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So how do you find the sex coach like that works with the.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's been pretty organic. We started with just a couple. There's all these like sacred intimates and tantric instructors. There's a handful of these folks kind of sprinkled throughout the country and they do workshops often through like Eastern Mountain and Upstate York or the Body Electric School. Some of them have their own practices and they are also really connected with one another and will sometimes refer me to someone else or because we've been doing this for a while. Like Don Shein, who does a lot of projects with the Body Electric School, he reached out to me and he was like, Hey, you know, I'm a rounder guy, I'm a furrier guy. I have this idea of shooting a project at a gay campground. It was really fundamental to me coming into my own skin as a younger guy, and I would like to write some scenes that we could film, and I was like, yeah, let's chat about it, and then we filmed that over the summer out in rural Missouri at Serenity Farms campground.
Speaker 3: I've worked with him ros I want to say, like maybe six times now, and like it has been some of the most challenging work I've done as an adult film actor, as well as some of the most rewarding. I remember when I met you, and just to give you call this like little bit of background, I met Davey at the Gay Ends, I want to say, in eighteen when they first came back. You were giving the keynote address like the day before the Awards show.
Speaker 2: Do you remember this?
Speaker 5: Yeah, it was like the brunch.
Speaker 3: It was like the brunch before the show kind of, and Davy, you were asked to speak.
Speaker 2: Do you remember what.
Speaker 3: I'm just curious just so I know what the prompt was that they gave you, Like, why were you asked?
Speaker 5: I remember this so vividly.
Speaker 3: Please tell me because I remember a lot about it too. Yeah, but I want to hear your side of it.
Speaker 4: Okay, My version of this was, Yeah, they asked me to speak at this brunch. They were like, oh, you're doing something really unique with him ros TV. Why don't you share it? And I remember walking into that room and I had the mentality that like Google and YouTube had instilled in us, which was very collaborative.
Speaker 5: It's like if another.
Speaker 4: YouTuber succeeds, gets a book deal, gets a TV show, it lifts all of us up, and so we would celebrate that. What I didn't anticipate with porn was the like competitive cattiness and ego that would come into play. And like I walked into that room and you know, saw a lot of people who who had greatly influenced me as a you know, gay man growing up, and like there was one studio and I didn't know anyone. I was like, can I sit at the table with you guys?
Speaker 5: And they were like no, yeah, no, of course not.
Speaker 4: They like keep moving, the seat's taken. And it was the first time where I really felt like I was like speaking to a group of people that like wanted me to fail.
Speaker 5: And yeah, I just talked about.
Speaker 4: Him Ro's TV. And I had mentioned that at the time, one of our most popular models I think was like eighty six, and like people thought it was a joke and they were laughing, and there were two people who came up to me afterwards and were like, hey, I think this is really interesting and great.
Speaker 5: And Adam were you were one of them. Yeah, it was. It was really like I was a little shell shocked.
Speaker 3: I didn't know the background about what you had experienced with other studios and studio heads and stuff. I remember being in the audience and listening to you and being fascinated a by the mission statement and be the story about was it Norm Was that his name?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, the elder man.
Speaker 3: He shared a story about filming somebody in his seventies doing basically like a jerk off video on a porch, and just like you know that like eroticism is in all of us, and like that was kind of like what you were trying to state, right, and that like that's the potential of what we can do as porn studios is like kind of like reignite the eroticism in anybody, regardless of age or gender or shape or you know everything.
Speaker 2: Like that is this kind of correct.
Speaker 4: It's this idea that like, for sure, we can show these like beautiful adonis chiseled men, but it's also nice for people to see a reflection of themselves.
Speaker 5: Yes, when they consume porn.
Speaker 4: Right, because otherwise it sets the this idea that like if all you see is cad MADEX kid madex ca matic, that like that's how you need to look. You need to be hung and chiseled and you know, perfectly sculpted to be worthy of desire or touch or connection. And I think a lot of us internalize that that message as gay people, and so I think there, yeah, I was trying to speak to this opportunity to showcase a broader spectrum of sexiness, and they just thought it was like hysterical.
Speaker 3: So I was looking at more like just to finish my story, like not from the studio perspective, but from the performers. I remember listening to and being fascinated, but then kind of looking around me and everybody I knew who were performers were like kind of partly tuning you out. And that's part of why I decided to come up to you, was because I was like, this is so unfair that these people are not listening because they're so busy wanting to be stars and getting ready for the Red carpets and all that thing. And so that's why I kind of came up and was like I love what you're doing. I'm whatever language you're speaking, I speak it and I understand it and I'm interested. I want to say it was like three months later you had me in Provinstown on that first shoot with Travis Matthews, the director.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I think it's really cool what you do.
Speaker 4: So yeah, I really I really appreciated you reaching out because yeah, I just felt like really.
Speaker 5: Overwhelmed by it.
Speaker 4: And I think there was a huge skepticism of like the business model, like is there really an audience for this? And because I was coming from YouTube, it's like, well, who is this guy to speak to us like we create? Like what does he think he's doing? And the mentality was very much like Okay, we have one pizza, like this is this is the market for porn and everyone's fighting for like the biggest slice of pizza that they can, Whereas my approach was like, hey, let's order another pizza.
Speaker 5: Yeah, like let's make the pizza bigger.
Speaker 3: Since you brought it up, I am curious what made you decide? When was that like aha moment for you as a YouTube created to be like, you know what, I'm going to create a studio and do something a little different.
Speaker 1: Like a more inclusive version of.
Speaker 3: More inclusive, more intentional, and very clearly different from what else was out there, a different kind of pizza.
Speaker 4: It was a little bit out of necessity because the YouTube business model had changed so much over the I guess at that point, maybe ten years, I've been creating content where once YouTube bought it, it was ad revenue. But then YouTube was like, oh, we're showing Coca Cola ads before a video where someone does anal douching, and Coca Cola doesn't like that.
Speaker 2: So so you.
Speaker 4: Know, it went from creating all this ad revenue to then there being no ad revenue, to then creating income through video sponsorships. So I could work with a company that makes anal douches and promote those in a video, and that's great, except you give up a lot of creative control, and if your numbers drop then and you know, you can't command the same price point.
Speaker 5: There's a lot of pressure. And so my assistant at the.
Speaker 4: Time we were doing like a corporate retreat in Hawaii, which was really just a big brainstorming session, it was obvious that a subscription model would be really financially beneficial and he was like, why just create a porn site and we both kind of laughed and then we're like, wait, but yeah, maybe, and if we did, what aspect of the market isn't being filled because it's like the world doesn't need another men dot com right right, Like that exists. You don't need a Twink studio like that exists.
Speaker 1: So does it ever?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Yeah, yeah.
Speaker 4: So that was kind of the space that we identified and it felt very on brand with what my journey was on on on YouTube, and so that's that's how it was born.
Speaker 2: M h wow.
Speaker 3: And how has the audience been since the beginning? Like, pretty good response, pretty quick response. Did it take a while to get off the ground, Yeah.
Speaker 4: It's It's been really interesting because just last month I screened some of our upcoming content at a retreat that I was at, and we showed oh as Jacob ethan Dale was in a scene. He co wrote the scene with us where he was coming up against as an Asian model, some of the racism that he experiences on Grinder, and we imagined the scene that felt really celebratory of who he was, and we filmed it with some really great crew and we screened the scene and people were crying, and it was like, oh, like I think it shows a different possibility of what erotic content can be. And not all of the scenes that we film are like that, but I do kind of like this idea of every Monday new scene comes out and someone logs in and like you don't really know what flavor you're going to get, and you might be like, you know, sitting there with your dick out ready to like you know, ready to stroke, and then this really emotional scene, maybe you're.
Speaker 5: Crying while you're jerking off.
Speaker 2: What do I do?
Speaker 5: But this is really hot.
Speaker 1: It's kind of fun to play coaster for your for your ark off journey.
Speaker 3: I mean, the thing is it's cool, Like I like I've been I've been in tears and several hemorro scenes like like there's it just we access something really deep. Shadow Work seems to be a common theme in a lot of hemorros scenes. It's like addressing the demons within, or addressing parts of our past or or addressing things that we want to kind of reappropriate from an empowered perspective. Are these like things you have gone through personally that you thought maybe you could channel into erotic content.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean, of course, and going back to being raised Catholic, right that we're taught to just push it away, push it away, push it away, and in actuality, our shadow self is offering so much to us, to to if we're willing to listen, to grow and to evolve as a person. Oh I'm feeling this really strong response or ooh, I'm really into this thing that kind of feels fucked up, Like what is this really about? And if you're willing to kind of pull on those strings, there's usually something really juicy on the other side. I think we're kind of taught to just push all of that away, put in a neat little box tucked.
Speaker 5: On the bed, like it's.
Speaker 4: Fine, everything's fine, Like I'm gonna be fine. And this is the opposite of that. This is unpacking it. And obviously you can't do that in like a super The videos are fifteen minutes long, twenty minutes long, Like, it's not These aren't uncovering the secret to life, but it's showing people. It plants the seeds in people's minds and ask questions that they might not otherwise be accessing.
Speaker 1: Right, Yeah, it's interesting. It's an interesting space to like or want someone to reflect on themselves, like during like when they're watching important because a lot of times it's like you just you know, put something on that's going to get you off. Yeah, you know, and it's just kind of like something I need to I need to not what is cool?
Speaker 3: What is some shadow work that you think you could channel into some erotic content?
Speaker 2: I don't know. I'll give I'll give you an.
Speaker 3: Example, because I feel like one of the ones Davy and I have kind of joked about a lot in the past is being roughed up by like bigger, stronger older men when we were younger, right, isn't that is that one? Am I giving away secrets? I'm sorry. I feel like that's one that you and I have talked about a lot where I feel like it's a theme for you, and I'm always like, Davy, there it is again where you like being like manhandled.
Speaker 5: I don't know, having boundaries violated by.
Speaker 3: You said, it's so much better, thank you older totally, Yes, having boundaries violated that is a good one.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean I don't I don't know. I you know, I'm not kinky and so like I don't get a lot of like I feel like I just don't have the thing.
Speaker 5: I have an example, that's sure.
Speaker 2: Please.
Speaker 4: So, like like when we filmed Norm, who Adam you're talking about, right, yeah? And I think he was in his eighties when we filmed him. He since passed away.
Speaker 5: Oh really yeah, yeah, he was in his eighties.
Speaker 4: And I was so confronted by seeing the body of a naked eighty something year old man, like we don't see that, and especially in a well And he wasn't just like you know, this wasn't like someone that you see getting changed in the locker room, like he was jerking off.
Speaker 5: He was ecstatic. He was in his body.
Speaker 4: He was very alive and radiant and fully living in his erotic energy. And it was like I think, especially as someone who who started creating YouTube content at the age of twenty three, and our youth is a currency, our body is a currency. And listen, like we're all on a journey to bankruptcy when it comes to you, right, And so when you're looking at Norm, you're seeing a version of yourself that you're going to meet someday, hopefully if we make it that far. And it really it holds a mirror up to you in a way that's really confronting. So I think for a lot of people seeing that scene, we interspliced it with Joey Mills and Blake Mitchell having sex and in the scene Norm was it was called Blessing of the Elder and he was basically doing like a meditation or a chant, blessing the younger generation of gay men to come into their the fullness of their sexuality, their authentic sexual selves. And to cut between as Norm touched his body, Blake touching his like younger, more muscular body. For gay guys, like seeing that is really that strikes a nerve, that's it's triggering.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I really struggled on that Joshua Tree shoot with Norm. Well, that was I think kind of an earlier him RHO shoot. So those and we were filming documentaries on each of us as well. The workshop portion of that shoot was three hours a day, which was more than the current more like forty five minutes to an hour in the morning workshop when we were actually shooting the scene where it was kind of like a hot tub party, it was like me Alex Meekham, Calvin Banks, and Max Adonis basically having this hot tub party where Norm is there and we all kind of like surround him and give him love and hugs, and like he jacks off and it was so sweet. Like the shooting of that portion was really beautiful, I thought, But like I had also just lost a mentor a couple weeks prior, and I think there was just a lot going on in my head and I wasn't as able to be present for that shoot, but I was kind of like, holy shit, we're gonna have to have sex with a man in his eighties what And I felt and like, looking back on it, I feel really like a little bit ashamed that I first had that initial reaction because I know what you were trying to do with that scene.
Speaker 4: Well, and that's a very real reaction though, And the invitation to each model was to engage with Norm in whatever way like felt okay for you that maybe it was like in your garden of consent, but at the edge of it, right, yes, and that might just be waiting at him or giving him a hug or you know, holding him, or you know, it could be helping him jerk off. But it was it was imagining a world where our elders were more revered and not really kind of considered these like invisible and the reality is a lot of these older men have made this world possible for us through their sacrifice and their sweat. And what's also true is that they lived in a different world where their relationship with boundaries is different than what we have for sure, and so some of our apprehension may be well founded in experiences that we've had. Adam, you've said it, but I quote you so often on this and maybe you've said this on the podcast before, but something you've said to me was like, because I think we're both kind of at this inflection point where it's like men that are older than us, it is I.
Speaker 5: Think you put it.
Speaker 4: You said, it's it's yes until you say no, and guys that are younger than us it's no until you say yes.
Speaker 2: Correct. Yeah, I say that a lot about consent.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yep, yeah, yeah, And that's a really those are opposite perspectives and that can create a lot of.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, it's so annoying when someone is when it's no until when it's.
Speaker 2: Yes and no.
Speaker 3: Well, it's a different era, it's a different era, for sure. But I also wanted to tell that story to illustrate like just what's possible with what you can create with porn, and I like that that's kind of what you do. Is There's been not only that scene, but a lot of scenes where I think going into it, I have this big apprehension and I'm just like, oh God, this is going to be a tough shoot and we've got to just get through it. But for some reason, and once the cameras are rolling and we are in that scenario, I lean right into it and somehow open up. Do you know if other models have experienced Hemorrow shoots that way?
Speaker 1: But you're a performer. You're a good performer, so you can do that.
Speaker 3: While that's true, I'm not performing. I'm actually giving myself because like what Himorros does is it's a.
Speaker 1: Performance when you can convince yourself. I see what you're saying, are that you are into it?
Speaker 2: Yes? Right, But like I'm not just convincing myself. I'm you're letting yourself yourself. I'm leaning in, is what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: But that's part of it. That's what I'm saying. It's like some people cannot do that. They're just like, no, this isn't what I want.
Speaker 3: Well, that's when making adult films is work right like, and we have you know, Davy. We have performers all the time on this show who talk about the difference between and enjoying yourself on a set versus just working. And I think that there's a difference in what I'm talking about here is where I think spiritually, you and him Row shoots give performers do the space to not only come to work, but also to kind of confront these things that might be a little different. There's some spiritual work to do here in order to also provide something that is erotic and sexy for the audience to consume.
Speaker 4: I think it's like, instead of becoming this character or this thing, it's finding that thing inside yourself and accessing it. And that's like what I think some of the best performers that we work with are able to do. Yeah, and that's what's really fun to capture. I think now our approach, I mean, going into our eighth year of this is probably a little softer that models have all the concepts ahead of time. We do a lot of prep work around, like Okay, which scene is going to feel like a reach but a healthy reach for you?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 5: And which scene maybe would you not want to be in.
Speaker 4: And it's also though, why like on the other side, after models do a shoot with us, we offer five post filming counseling sessions. Sometimes accessing that place inside yourself means opening that box that we like to keep tucked away, and maybe that box isn't so easy to pack back up again. So those counseling sessions can help people integrate what's come up.
Speaker 3: And now.
Speaker 4: It's also why when a model film's with us, whatever they shoot with us, we give to them to use on their only fans because it feels like we've captured something that's so personal to who they are. It feels disingenuous to be like, well, that's ours, because it's it's also theirs, and so they can really sun their only fans after it comes out on Himro's TV.
Speaker 2: We as performers really appreciate that option.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, some good content.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Can you think of three scenes at least in the last couple of years or you know, three that come to mind that you were like particularly proud of providing.
Speaker 5: We did this.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we did the scene with court Fox. He was the coach we worked with, and we did it in Illinois and it was called tears, and it was Nico Nova and Vander Pulaski, and it was written to have three different types of tears. And Nico is like the like Meryl Streep of.
Speaker 2: Just like he can cry on command.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yes, and so like the first tears were like him disappointing his dom, which was Vander. And then it was the tears of the punishment, right because he was getting like paddled or spanked.
Speaker 5: And and then the.
Speaker 4: Final tiers were the tears of affirmation when Vander you know, affirmed him for who he was and that he was worthy and deserving. And in each case, like the tears, they were real, and it was like, I think the whole scene maybe took forty minutes to film, and when it ended, we were all just kind of like like just standing there in silence of like, oh my god, I can't believe that. Yeah, how generous of a model to give that to us and to the world to watch, you know, But Nico's are really you've worked with with nicos Yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 2: And I was on that. I was on that. Yeah.
Speaker 3: The self sess that I mean talk about confronting something deep is like that was it was me and Nico playing like younger and older versions of the same person, and we essentially like come together in this really beautiful moment. But I was on that Illinois shoot as well. There was something you were There was something very magical about that week. I feel like every scene was kind of like that, where like going into it, there was just a lot of prep and then once the camera started rolling, the scenes were done in forty five minutes. Almost every scene felt like it went that way that week.
Speaker 4: Was there a scene do you remember any of the I mean, this was like a couple years. Was there any scene that was like really impactful for you that you are more memorable?
Speaker 3: I had a variety of scenes that week where I was a sub in one and like a dominant another, and you know, there was you know, the Brat taming one where me and Jackson are beating the crap out of Glittery Bottom and trying to you know, he was playing a brat so we had to kind of and this was before Brat Summer.
Speaker 2: Everybody, by the way.
Speaker 3: But the final scene was where it was all the performers together and there was like maybe seven or eight of us, and I was cast in basically like the like figurehead who kind of like directed what everybody did.
Speaker 2: Do you remember that it was the one?
Speaker 3: It was the one in the barn, and that was the one I was the most nervous about because I was essentially leading this group sex activity kind of. But then once the camera started rolling, I just channeled a side of myself that I mean, it's beyond dom sub stuff. Like it was like I was like, you do this, you serve him? Everyone come like it.
Speaker 1: Was I was.
Speaker 2: It was almost an out of body experience, like you facilitated it, facility.
Speaker 3: I was a facilitator for sure of this like almost ritualistic erotic experience. And I almost don't even remember what I said. You know, it was like I was channeling something so that I think is the one I'm the most excited to see.
Speaker 4: Yeah, unfortunately we forgot to hit record And I'm kidding, no.
Speaker 5: Do you think you would ever consider.
Speaker 4: Being like like a coach in some capacity or some sort of like, yeah, you.
Speaker 3: Know, I have I have a mental health background, and I think I mean i've because I was a LGBT psychology master's, Like that's what got me into making porn in the first place. So I feel like eventually I'm going to kind of lead in that direction. I don't know how it's going to look yet, but yeah, I think I could do that.
Speaker 5: Nervous.
Speaker 4: Well, it was so funny that you were nervous about filming that scene because what I remember is this like really grounded confidence that you embodied. And I was like, oh this, I was like this queen like like oh.
Speaker 2: Wow, Like you didn't tell me this.
Speaker 1: I know you do, because you get Siria, you get like you have this like seriousness. He puts like I know because I know you that You're like you're nervous in there, but you're like, m You're like, yeah, you really the game taking it seriously Like he's really like thinking, like.
Speaker 3: I did feel very grounded in that scene, and I was, and it was kind of like I don't think I was until we started filming, until the camera started rolling, and then I just like landed in this role kind of.
Speaker 2: It was really beautiful.
Speaker 4: Yeah, And I didn't say anything to you because it seems so effortless that I was like that you just stepped into this. I was like, oh, like this is this is a really easy place for Adam to access, Like this seems very available to him and and I was like, wow, I was just really impressed.
Speaker 2: Wow, awesome, that sounds that feels great to hear. Thank you.
Speaker 3: I didn't even know I wasn't fishing at all. Yeah, Well, is there anything you're kind of like really excited about coming up and he shoots or anything like what's in the near future and far future for Davey Wavy and for you.
Speaker 4: In December, we're going to Spain to film a scripted series, The Mansion Neil King, And it's gonna be a nine day shoot for us.
Speaker 5: That's really really long.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and will.
Speaker 4: Release YouTube version and we'll also have the spicy erotic version on Himro's TV. But it's kind of inspired by White Littus. I know, Adam, you saw the script. So that's in December, and then in January we're going to France. We rented this castle to do a shoot that's inspired by video games, and that one's still very much coming together. But I mean, any excuse to you know, be in a castle in France eating chocolate and French foods and croissants.
Speaker 5: Sign me up.
Speaker 3: You shoot things really ahead of time? Does that mean you have like content lined up for like a ways.
Speaker 5: Almost two years of content.
Speaker 2: Yes, nice.
Speaker 4: Yeah, because we filmed, we filmed twelve scenes each shoot, and so it's like if we just released another French castle video French Castle, French Cat, there needs to be like eight weeks in between. Otherwise it feels like okay, yeah, we get it. You filmed in a castle in France?
Speaker 2: Do you film? Do you release one a week? Is that how it works?
Speaker 4: Yeah, release one a week and each shoe is like each scene from different shoots. They're broken up by about two months.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so there's still like I think five scenes from the Illinois shoot that haven't come out yet.
Speaker 2: Okay, wow, that's so exciting.
Speaker 1: Have go.
Speaker 2: Yeah, need to I need to myself for having it through December.
Speaker 3: Yeah right, I need to reactivate my Hemorrhos membership. Speaking of himorrhos dot tv h I M E r O S dot tv. For those of you are watching or listening, check out what Davey's got to offer.
Speaker 2: Cole, Do you have any other questions for Davy Davy? Are we missing anything? Is there anything else you'd like to share with our listeners.
Speaker 5: I'll just plug that we're doing.
Speaker 4: We are kicking off as of this week our year and sale, which means that our annual membership is just ninety nine bucks, which is a significant discount from its regular price.
Speaker 2: How long is this sale going on till?
Speaker 5: We will do it through through New Year's Eve?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 2: Perfect.
Speaker 5: It's always like to make a sale of the year.
Speaker 1: So if they listen to that, still have like.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they'll have time.
Speaker 3: That's why I asked, because this will this will come out around Thanksgiving.
Speaker 2: I think so amazing. Cool.
Speaker 5: Yea, thank you for you, sir.
Speaker 1: I think that that's great. I'm happy to meet you.
Speaker 3: Right, Davy Cole Cole, Davy Cole is available.
Speaker 1: I was shut up.
Speaker 3: He is also an actor. Awesome anyway, thank you so much for joining us. I've been wanting to do this for a months. I'm glad it finally worked out. We appreciate you.
Speaker 5: Yeah, thanks for thinking of me.
Speaker 3: Absolutely, chat you guys, Yeah, thank you. Yeah, that's all. Tune in next time for our season three finale, y'all. It's almost the end of the year. So I'm Adam Ramsey.
Speaker 1: I'm cold cotter.
Speaker 2: This has been sorry for asking, Thanks you guys so much. Bye, take it easy.
Speaker 1: This has been sorry for asking you sure to like it and subscribe, and until next time, stay sexy.