Speaker 1: Okay, Queen's Sociations.
Speaker 2: Everyone at Ridge Wilson welcome the Fantasy Baseball Live or Take ten with Tim. Except it is Thursday, ten the eighteenth, excuse me, the thirteenth of August. Here about three o'clock in the afternoon. Tim has graciously moved the time around so I could accommodate my busy Friday. Tim is, I'm going down to Pennsylvania to do some work down there. So it's what I'll be doing tomorrow. Yeah, so I couldn't make it work.
Speaker 3: Sounds like fun.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I can't tell you what, but.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's work. Yeah, I mean we have to do work.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I got to do some work. Or is coming along. I think we're gonna try to hang out with some friends of ours too, and in the middle of all of that, so so we'll see how it all goes. So I'm I'm looking forward.
Speaker 3: To Yeah, it sounds like it sounds like a very very good plan for a Friday afternoon.
Speaker 2: Well, that's a Friday all day. I think we were going to leave here about eight, eight, nine o'clock in the morning and then I think we're going to get back late afternoon. So yes, I got to go take a look at a kid and have lunch with some friends, and that it's all intermixed together. So Timmy, I was at a concert last night, got my daily noteses late this morning. It was a late night for me. It was funny. So the concert started at our little performing arts. It's not a little it's like fifteen hundred seat little place. And they either start at seven thirty or eight. I like them when they started seven thirty because it's usually the bands or the artists will do an hour and a half to two hours. But we started at eight o'clock and the guy second or third song it was the Eagles tribute band announced that they were going for two and a half hours. I think the entire audience went, oh it was. It was an older crowd. You know, a lot of people don't live in town, so they probably drove in from anywhere from a half hour to an hour. They're like calculating the mind having to get up for work the next day, like uh oh, so there you go.
Speaker 3: Well, well, and you know it's hard to take it easy when you're living life in the fast lane, right, That is true.
Speaker 2: Temp. This band was pretty amazing. The uh you could close your eyes and the singer sounded like Don Henley. It was absolutely remarkable. But the thing, because I'm a guitar guy, their guitar player, their main guitar player, was amazing. This guy not only was he incredibly skilled in a gifted guitar player, because most of the Eagle stuff is not fast guitar solos. It's very much a feel, very much Bendi kind of stuff, and it's that's so he could play it perfectly. But what he did is because you know, you're trying to cover Don Feldman and and Glenn Fry and Joe Walsh all have different styles, tim he his patches to make himself sound like that were spot on. I mean it, it sounded just like the record album. Now you can argue there was none of his creativity in it at all, but he matched it perfectly. So he was amazing that people were like, like you could just tell when he would sit up there and play, like just their mouths hanging up. But it was very, very impressive. But it was fun. We had a great time. Yeah, got by the time I got the pups back, it was like eleven fifteen, eleven thirty. I'm like, I'm not doing daily notes tonight. That's not happening.
Speaker 3: No, No, you saw all the daily notes you wanted to at the concert, right.
Speaker 2: That's true. So I wrote him about ten o'clock this morning over over coffee. Yeah, wrote my daily notes. Tell me so, we've got a fun show, playing a quick show here. We're gonna take a look at the standings and then look at the disappointing hitters. Next week we'll talk about disappointing pictures. I have a little bit of a victory lap to because Bryce Harper was already decided his knees hurt after playing the outfield for a couple of games. That's going to end very well, Timmy. I'm very excited that about Bryce Harper and my two teams. I'm competing in that he's going to be taking some time off because his knees are going to hurt. Very excited about that.
Speaker 3: I can imagine. My comments to that statement are surprise, surprise, just annoying. Yeah, they don't think about us, rich, they don't give a rat's but duty about us. This equal to the.
Speaker 2: I think I saw an article it might have been Baseball savonn or Fangraphs or something about why this made a lot of sense, and I read it and I just said, this is BS I mean because I mean they bring up all the reasons, like, you know, because he's not batting leadoff. To me, he's batting forth. And they were trying to convince the reader myself that this makes sense, and I'm like, on what planet does this make sense? You know, It's like, I get it, I understand the logic. I just disagree with it.
Speaker 3: Yeah. I was going to say, yeah, now you can. You can make anything make sense pretty much if you want to rationalize it and cherry picked your stats and do what you know, do what you have to do. But at the end of the day, when you look at it, yeah, there's a reason they moved in the first base. The reason they moved into the first base was to keep them on the field. So now they're putting them back in the oatfield or the you know, that significantly decreases the odds of him staying healthy. Yeah, you don't have to be a rocket scientist to figure that when out, you really don't.
Speaker 2: So yeah, and so you got that issue going. And then like I mean, Kyle Schwarber could be a wonderful lead off guy because of his on base uh, his own base characteristics. But why not get a light hitting I e. Lewis Arise who gets on base a ton and put him at the leadof so you can put you can put Schwerber a little bit further down when guys are on base. The guy that you got, that's an on base guy, so he can knock him in. I don't understand that. It makes no sense at all.
Speaker 3: Well, and you got Pete crow Armstrong in the leadoff spot most days, I believe now, so I want to sorry, that's that's Chicago. But yeah, no, I sometimes I don't understand the rationale behind some of the moves that we see, Like a rise is one that yeah, okay, terrible it might work, and you might yeah it might work, you might be a hero, but you're There's got to be better ways to can figure your lineup and more advantageous ways to configure your lineup than having him as a cleanup or yeah, okay whatever.
Speaker 2: Yeah exactly. So that expression you're playing with fire. So so Timmy, So tomorrow, I've got a little grandson wants to come to our garden to me eight feet by six sixteen feet by eight feet, so it's a little tiny plot that we have community garden and he wants so we've got some candle up about ready to be picked. We have a couple of little tiny rows of corn and that's ready to be picked. So he's all excited about coming over, and Tim tells me a dad joke that I should share with him. So timmy want to share with our listeners?
Speaker 3: Well, yeah, why is a farmer still single? Obviously? He candle candle OpEd.
Speaker 2: It's very funny. It's that, of course, our our grandchildren are brilliant everywhere. I think that's ever.
Speaker 3: So, yeah, he's what three rich, he's four? Four? Yeah, okay, if he was five and you're still a little young, they grow up so quick.
Speaker 2: It's that's right. It's very very funny to take a look at these standings. Uh, let me get over to MLB dot com standings because I was looking at some of the games. Let's see, in the American League, we've got the Rays leading the American League from a let's see, this isn't right? Uh, why why am I not seeing?
Speaker 3: There?
Speaker 2: We go, that's right. Yeah, So so they've they've got a wide six game lead over the Yankees. The White Sox. I mean, believe it or not, the Twins are on their heels only two games out, then followed by the Guardians, and then the Astros are still over the Texas Rangers by a couple So if it ends today, it's the Rays, White Sox, and Astros. Is that are they your division Winter winners?
Speaker 3: I'm gonna say yes, they are the division winners.
Speaker 2: You do not think the Rangers can catch the Astros.
Speaker 3: You got to pick somebody, and in the world of mediocrity, I'm gonna go with Houston over Texas.
Speaker 2: Yeah it is. It is very my yocre with with the Astros. If it weren't for Jordan Alvarez, Lord Have Mercy.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, that definitely flip a coin. That's a coin toss for me. But I'll go I'll stick with Houston.
Speaker 2: Right now as well as the Red Sox have been playing of late, though they've lost five games in a row, so I guess that's an incorrect statement. They're still UH with ten games behind the UH the Tampa Rays, and still four games behind the Yankees, who are in the wild Card. The Red Sox and the Rangers. With the Twins Tigers only half a game out, and root for the Tigers, the guardians of game out the Blue Jays all of a sudden after going seven to three early game and a half out the Orioles kind of mediocre Orioles or two games. I mean, it doesn't stick with the Yankees, Red Sox and Rangers. So do one of these competitive teams get in?
Speaker 3: Well, hey, at this at this point, all three wild cards could come out of the Alias, couldn't they? Yes, yeah, that's a that's a possibility. Personally, what I would love to see, Okay, I would love to see Toronto and Detroit find a way to sneak in or at least one of them, because they were the big sellers at the deadline in the AL. I would nothing would bring a smile to my face more than seeing the sellers make it in as a wildcard.
Speaker 2: Tam, I particulate the Tigers after all the hubbub about about Casey Mize and Trek Scouble and Scooble's lost his first two games and the Troy Tigers make it in. That would be fantastic.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, And then you know the Jays gave up their best star during Gosmanan, So yeah, I'm started rooting for those two teams to find a way one of them to find a way to make it in. I think the the Yankees in Boston, Okay, yeah, I think they are very very close to being a lock. You look at Boston and they've lost five in a row. But guess who they've lost them all to. They're playing the Ja's right now, and the J's are hot. They're not going to play the J's for a while. I don't think after after today's games.
Speaker 2: So, but I watched I think I was telling you I watched that Red Sox game on Saturday or Sunday. That's not a very good lineup. I mean, they need Rom and Anthony, they need some guys to come back, and at Pantle, Roman Anthony's getting close to a rehab start. But that they got a lot of redread of retreads in that lineup.
Speaker 3: There's a few of them. Yeah. Contreras has been playing well, Caleb Durban's been playing well. Yeah, they're making it work.
Speaker 2: It's very much to Blue Jays from last season, isn't it.
Speaker 3: I I don't think you can rule them ote. They got their hands full. There's no doubt about it. They're going to have to, you know, find a way like you got Minnesota with sixty two losses, Detroit has sixty one, Toronto has sixty three, Texas has sixty one. Yeah, there's four teams in there fighting for one spot that are all neck and neck, and then you got Seattle at sixty five losses. Yeah for the four to sixty three. You know, Seattle, as I mentioned last week, has been a huge disappointment. And my thoughts haven't changed there one bit.
Speaker 2: If ramber Valdez can find his old self along with Jackson Job and Troy Melton and Kater Montero, is okay. Drew Anderson's not horrible. That's a formidable rotation.
Speaker 3: And they've got a kid that's gonna win the AL Rookie of the Year and he's gonna get some votes for MVP as well, isn't.
Speaker 2: He Kevin McGonagall, do you think yeah?
Speaker 3: I think so. Yeah.
Speaker 2: I mean I don't think it's going to be close to the top. He might, but I mean maybe some Detroit maybe some Detroit writers will revote for him. I mean, well, he's been he's been good. I mean, twelve one runs, eleven stolen bases, we're walks and strikeouts of two eighty six average. I mean.
Speaker 3: You gotta be yeah, yeah, okay, yeah, but.
Speaker 2: It hasn't been very loud contact. But you know, that's that's just it. I mean, he's a fifteen to fifteen kind of player that can hit, which is what Yeah, I think everybody, that's what I thought. So, I mean I think it's a good player.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Yeah, he's had a very very good year.
Speaker 2: So Commy is not going to catch him than from a Rookie of the year standpoint.
Speaker 3: Yeah, amer Commy's he's hit for the power. He's hit for a little bit more than I thought he would. I thought he'd have more trouble with the high fastball, and he hasn't. But he's still also very streaky. He's gone to eight nine games with a lot of goose eggs being posted and then they'll heat up and part four or five in the bleachers and then he's been very streaky. So right now with the White Sox, they need some pitching like they got yesterday from Luis Castile. Yeah, that was a big game for runing nine ten strikeouts and shut down opposition. A lot of their fortune is gonna I think swing with how Luis Castillo pitches down the stretch.
Speaker 2: Back to Rookie of the Year in the American League without looking. So I told you Kevin mcgonaga's on base percentage of three eighty nine, what's.
Speaker 3: Murakami's three seventy five.
Speaker 2: Three sixty eight? Good guess. So you got three sixty eight versus three eighty nine, twenty six home runs versus twelve, I mean, in thirty fewer games because Murakami missed so much time. That's a that's an impressive season, particularly when you compare it to Kevin McGonagall. So, I mean, I know some of the writers don't understand that value there. They're gonna look at a two eighty four batting average a goal, Well he's great, But I don't know. I think I'd rather Murakami as my rookie of the year.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and okamoor still lurking in the shadows.
Speaker 2: It's still lurking, yep. But a three or three on base percentage, so yeah, yeah, Carter Jensen, I mean, problems you can't hit. But a sixteen home runs, a two ninety nine on base percentage.
Speaker 3: Well, he's probably leading the Royals now, Bobby Way would he's probably second on the Royals.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and JJ Weatherholds had a very nice season, very comparable season to Kevin mcgone Yeah, Kevin McGonagall. Sixteen home runs, thirteen solar bases in a three fifty one on base percentage.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he owns the leadoff spot for the Cards. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So, I mean that's that's a very comparable season too, JJ weatherhol And I think in the National League, I mean South Stewart's going.
Speaker 3: To win that, right, another home run today, four runs scored, two RBIs I South Stewart, I believe is on pace for somewhere around one hundred and thirty RBI, somewhere in there one hundred and twenty five, two hundred and thirty rb eyes. Yeah, I would South Stewart owns it. It's his.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Yeah, it's eighty nine RBI. So yeah, he's yeah, and it's so J. J. Weatherholts got forty five. So and I'm guessing he comes to a second.
Speaker 3: I would say that's a good that's a good calling.
Speaker 2: I'm not looking at the picture pool. Let me take a look at the picture pool. I mean, Nolan McClain said a really good season. He might give him some competition. A three forty two e or a one hundred and fifty nine strikeers. That's a really good season.
Speaker 3: So is Foster Griffin.
Speaker 2: Foster Griffin. It's American League though.
Speaker 3: So well, what's the league?
Speaker 2: Does he end now? I guess it was. Yeah, he has no chance because he's Yeah, he's not going to win either because he uh, he left too early. Park Parker Messic has been very good in the americanly two fifty nine era. He's going to give Kevin mcgonago and Murcami a run for their money. One hundred and forty two strikeouts, one hundred and forty two winnings with nine wins at a two fifty nine ERA. It's pretty good.
Speaker 3: That is very good. Yeah, he's I drafted him as a reasonably late round pick by I think as a number four starter, and he's been my ace in one league. So yeah, I have no complaints at all of the Parker Messig in the season. He's having none.
Speaker 2: Let's go back to the wild card, Timmy, give me the wild Yeah, Yankees, Red Sox and Tigers are excuse me, Rangers are in it. If the season were at end to day, who were your.
Speaker 3: Three Yankees, Boston and I'm I'm gonna I'm gonna be I'll display my homer as I'll say Toronto the Alias.
Speaker 2: I will go with the Tigers, just because I want that to happen. I would not be surprised if the Blue Jay's pull it out, though. And if they pull it out, tim, I mean, they got hot last year at the right time, So be careful, everybody at the betting pools. Let's see National League. The Brewers are comfortably in first place, the Braves are comfortably in first place, and the Dodgers, though the Padres all of a sudden, are waking up. And I think they've been the best offensive team in the second half. I think I saw a stat with that. But the Brewers are the best. I guess they're tied. Oh, I guess officially tied with the Rays. Is the best record in the major leagues. How does that end up, Timmy, give me the divisional winners.
Speaker 3: I'm going to go with the Braves, the Brewers, and the Dodgers. Okay, so chalk As is, yeah, chalk As is Yeah.
Speaker 2: Cubs have been hot. I guess I shouldn't just say that the Brewers are going to make it easily because they are seventy one fifty, only three games back their top of the wild card selection. The Padres have come out of nowhere five games in a row. They won seven and three, and then all of a sudden the Diamondbacks kind of sneak in. The Philadelphia Phillies with Lewis Arise have dropped out, Timmy.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, the Phillies right now are there? Yeah, there are only two wins up on the Marlins. They are only one loss better than the Marlins. And then you've got, like you said, you know, if you start looking at I think the Cubs are a lock for a wild guard. After that, I think it's fairly wide open. I know the Padres aj Peller is playing off another another. Let's let's go for the go for the gusto, and it's so far working. It could go any one of a number of ways. Even the Cardinals, they're a game over five hundred. Yep, you can't you can't rule them. Actually, my wish they would bring a smile to my face is the Cardinals bring up Josh Baiez the first week, the end of the first week of September. He hits ten home runs in the Cards finish a game light on the wild Cards.
Speaker 2: And that funny. I'm really right he's going to get Weatherholt so but yes, starting to borrow. These guys can come out and and they will be under that forty five day limit. So let's let's hope we'll see him. But it's really the Phillies, Miami or the Cardinals are really I don't think the Nationals and the reds Pirates have fallen a way off. Yeah, it's a lot less open than the American League. So who makes it into the wild Card with currently we got the Cubs, Padres, and Diamondbacks. Is that how it finishes and the Phillies are left out?
Speaker 3: I'm going to go with the Cubs, the Podres, and I gotta go for I gotta go for an upset somewhere. I'm gonna go with the Marlins and the Phillies don't make it.
Speaker 2: Look I know there's a lot of Phillies fans listening to this, and I wish your team all the best. Uh, that's stupid trade they make. I would love to see it just kind of not work because backfire, backfire big time and they just they fall out of it. I mean, that team is too good to even be questioning this, but the work question whether they're going to make it or not.
Speaker 3: Yeah, there's six games over five hundred. They should be in a lot better spot than they are. And again, I got nothing against the Phillies. I gotta pick one long shot in there, and my long shot choice is got to be in that division Miami.
Speaker 2: The Marlins are plus twenty three from a run to inferential. The Phillies are minus seven.
Speaker 3: Yeah they Yeah, Aaron Nola, anybody, he's probably that.
Speaker 2: So to me, let's take a break and come back. I got a great game for everybody.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it sounds like fun.
Speaker 2: We will look at probably the standings every other week now because that's it's getting close, and quite frankly, there's not a whole lot to talk about from a fantasy perspective except for pickups. We'll start on to start uh to uh to start pitchers coming up, probably this Sunday because people are starting to just wanting to stream guys. We'll start to include that. Maybe not this week, maybe next week. But it's kind of hard Timmy to talk about is this guy going to correct the rest of the season? What's gonna I mean, I mean, there's not much left.
Speaker 3: No, the rest is the rest is very very short. And yeah, it's I know the waiver war are My initial thoughts is it's going to be short. There's just not that much happening. So we will have time probably to do to go into detail on some other things and still be able to get done in under our three hour deadline.
Speaker 2: See see, folks, this is what I have to deal with. See how tim Craft's not doing his work. This is this is exactly. It's like, I'm not gonna have it. But here's a couple of suggestions, and it was my suggestion.
Speaker 3: You're welcome. I don't even get to thank you. Bolts like, come on, what's up with that?
Speaker 2: They will start to start start pictures this week and Timmy's like, well, you know what we could do, there's pictures because I'm not going to get my top this week.
Speaker 3: That's right, I'm taking a week off.
Speaker 2: Volts.
Speaker 3: You're s o l go find them yourself.
Speaker 2: By the way, the Tiger's up three to nothing in the bottom of the eighth in over the Guardians. The Tigers are playing well. Uh Montera with another nice start three twenty two ear a. I mean it's got a great year, great season.
Speaker 3: Yes, he really has U and he was going up against mess today, so it's not as if he had, you know, him and the Tigers that an easy path to a three nothing late because Parker message pitch well, very well.
Speaker 2: The Marlins, I think, gave up their entire rundo for virtual this this today, timmy thirteen to nothing against the Pirates.
Speaker 3: My guess would be, Okay, at some point in time in this game, and I'm just clicking on the game, there was a positional player involved. Let's just screw it down. Yes, there we go, so yes, Sonoja Yeah, yeah, Fibrant runs and yeah, yeah it's yeah.
Speaker 2: Well they put a positional guy in. I mean they were only I guess they were down eight to nothing.
Speaker 3: But eating nothing. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Who was pitching for the Pirates?
Speaker 3: Oh Ashcraft? Yeah, Ashcraft had a good game to it. Or yeah, Tim, he's pretty Goodah, that's nice to see us solid start here. Oh, Gonzalez is the beneficiary there. Apparently he had a home run in the Yeah, it's it's it's funny.
Speaker 2: I've been spending a lot of time over the last few weeks, but really intense the last two weeks. Pretty much doing most of my writing because tend me the end of the minor league systems seasons in three weeks. So yeah, so I got to start. I got to start cranking stuff out. And I do a lot of comparisons to Nick Gonzales when I took a look at the date of a particular minor league player and it's like, you know, you're five foot eight and you're trying to hit everything five hundred feet and it's going three hundred and seventy five feet. It's being caught.
Speaker 3: That's it.
Speaker 2: That was Gonzales.
Speaker 3: Don't do that, No, no, don't always the other gunsalis that hit the home run today?
Speaker 2: Oh, Jacob Gonzales?
Speaker 3: Jacob Yeah. And and Flora is a catcher named Flores has two homers and six RBIs there you go? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Oh he got caught up. Oh that's great. Used to be a former Yank. Have him on my NFC team. I gotta put him in.
Speaker 3: Well, I tell you there, there, there you go. I might even add them to my waiver wire because I only have three names, so fear, I think.
Speaker 2: Okay again, happy to do your work. Okay, let's get to disappointing team. I wonder if next week we do the pictures. Will Paul skeins me and my all disappointing team. I think he will.
Speaker 3: Well, if he's not on.
Speaker 2: Yours, he's gonna be on here, saying there we go. When you're the number one picture, you gotta gotta pitch better than what he's doing. Right is he's been fine, But that's that's the guy you should get in the fourth round, not the not the first round.
Speaker 3: Well, did you see where his velocity was on the fastball in his last start? Ridge? I did not ninety.
Speaker 2: Six top velocity or average?
Speaker 3: Uh top, I believe.
Speaker 2: Because ninety six average that's still good enough.
Speaker 3: Well yes, but considering he started the season hitting ninety eight ninety nine miles an hour fairly consistently. That's concerning why.
Speaker 2: We're doing this, uh, why we're doing this podcast. I will look up what that was, so skien sonya. So let's go position by position. To me, that's what we're doing. Okay, let's start with catching. I'll begin because this one's a chip shot, so first it is. I mean again, I get it, folks, some of these guys were hurt, but even when they've been playing, they have up and very good and Kyle Riley's been terrible. Tim uh, first catcher off the board. He's got a one to fifty nine batting average, and that's hard to do.
Speaker 3: Yeah, when you're hitting less than fifty percent of your playing weight, it's never good, is it.
Speaker 2: Guy had sixty home runs last year, Timm, he's got twelve. Yeah, I'm pretty good with Matt twenty percent of what he had last season.
Speaker 3: I'm playing the balls on my advocates over here. Yeah, right, yep.
Speaker 2: So I don't that's that's awful. I mean, I I he's better than this. He's not as good as sixty home runs. I guess my question where does he go? And I mean he was a second third round pick. Where does he go next season? Assuming he gets a couple more home runs this year and that's one sixty five, one seventy something.
Speaker 3: Like that, Oh, my guess would be the highest yield goal is fifty six. You're off the board. But for me, it doesn't matter. It's a pass. I don't care how far he falls. The batting average is always going to be problematic. He has is the OBP. So even if he's got to hit thirty plus home runs, in my in my mind to carry value because you've got an offset and you know the negative impact of the batting average OVP. So I'm just staying away totally. I don't care how far he falls. He won't fall far enough to get my interest there.
Speaker 2: Rich. What's what's fascinating is you look at Babbitt and you see a two h six babbit, you go, well, I mean, clearly that's a big part of his low batting average, which is this but every gear it's two forty eight, it's two fifty one, it's two twenty. This guy has never even though he hits the ball hard, he's never cared a very high batting average balls in play. So even if it was a two forty eight babbit, which it was last season, it's still a two hundred batting average to ten I mean, and that's.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think the guy is going to be totally.
Speaker 2: Agree, it's tough. I totally. We're gonna get to a couple of those guys that are one dimensional players that you have to work so hard at the draft table during the season to make up for their deficiencies. It's just sometimes it's just not worth it. Agree, who's your catcher, Tim.
Speaker 3: Oh oh this is this is a jem Augustin Ramirez. You know, he an ADP of eighty two to four, which puts him in the sixth round. Okay, the depth of catcher has improved to the point where I'm just probably gonna pass, but I will be watching what he does over the balance of the season.
Speaker 2: If he stays up.
Speaker 3: Yeah, if he stays up, if he hits again, I want to I want to see the next six weeks and see how it shakes down. But you know, when you look at a catcher that was drafted in the sixth round and you look at the production we've seen this year, that's ugly. Imagine pairing cal Rally and Augustin Ramirez. That's your catcher pairing. As you left the draft table, and you're thinking, yes, eighty home run, seventy eighty home runs, fifteen twenty stolen bases, I'm good to go. Yeah, but you're good to go, all right, as we now know, good to go about thirteenth or fourteenth place probably.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so your first yeah, you deserve it too, if I if I made tim, because that means too out of your first five maybe six picks were catchers.
Speaker 3: Yeah, good time Yeah.
Speaker 2: By the way, Paul Skins average velocity ninety five point seven, you're right, max velocity ninety six point five, down a mile per hour, and his yearly average he averages ninety six to eight was Uh so that's one point one mile differential, which is not good.
Speaker 3: Hopefully it's just.
Speaker 2: Uh, you know, it's just a fluke. He's gonna come back, but you know it's becoming problematic his velocity. He's losing velocity as the season goes down, which could be he's just tired him.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it could be. But you never like to see that trend occurring, do you.
Speaker 2: As concerning this is a guy with nasty stuff. Thirty three whiffs for misses, so that's a twelve percent whiff rate, which is.
Speaker 3: Not good, not good, not good at all. Nope.
Speaker 2: So but he pitched well, I mean he only he lost two nothing, so he didn't must not only pitch sixty five total pitches. They must have got taken out early. Wasn't following that game. So and it probably is like if you have n't be a dynasty league, you can't trade him now because no one's gonna to pay full value for the guy.
Speaker 3: No I traded him. Oh when was it. It's about a month or so ago now, and I have picked up heyzeus made and aj ewing and stours and an upgrade on the draft pick. And I never like to see trades work out as this one has thus far. I know, but I'm but I'm not disappointed that I made the deal.
Speaker 2: Yeah. So I think that's where you and I are similar. I I want I want the trade to work for both of us. I want the other players.
Speaker 3: I do too.
Speaker 2: I want the guy to keep playing well. It really bumps me out if if the guy gets hurt or he just stinks after that. So yeah, it just it's good.
Speaker 3: No, it's it's not. It really isn't.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 3: You know like I've always thought, you know, hey, you make a trade like that, you want both teams to benefit, both teams to do well, the players to have success. Yet ye yeah, so far, I'm a little happier than I think my trading partner. But again, he made that, he made he made the move. Try, you know, trying to catch an ease Yeah, and a high high hybrid keeper format. It's hard to get aces in those formats because nobody trades them until we're thirty six right.
Speaker 2: Yeh. By the way, Tim, Yeah, speaking of trading partners, we're not trading partners in this, but we are closer recommender client. I'm the client, either the closer recommender or consultant. Ben Joyce, Timmy got the last save and for the Angels, thank you very much.
Speaker 3: Yes, m hm, you're welcome. I got the tarra Yeah, and he's got what three four saves in an e are just over one or something like that, and Ben.
Speaker 2: Joyce gets next.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, you got the right closure there.
Speaker 2: All right. I don't even talking about Tim Dylan Smith. Is that who I got?
Speaker 3: Uh, well, you can talk about you can still talk about him. I think SPI's okay, all right, all right?
Speaker 2: You think at the last save?
Speaker 3: Did he uh have they had a save in the past month?
Speaker 2: First base, Timmy, I got, Look, I got Vinny p two thirty two batting and every six runs and seventy nine games you go, oh, Rich, he's hurt. Okay, seventy nine games times too, is pretty much a full season. Twelve of them runs, that's what his annualized. He has been brutal.
Speaker 3: It has not been a good year for n P.
Speaker 2: Totally agree and I will probably draft him again next season, but that's just.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And you know, I'll look at the I'll look at the price and if the price is favorable, I'm yeah. I he's not on my do not draft list.
Speaker 2: I was a he's still really young, so I think he's he's maybe twenty eight something like that. Mm hm. Last I looked, it's still well and now his average X velocity is way off this season. So yeah, so that's got to be the injury.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it has to be the injury. Yeah, And like I said, I'm not I'm not adverse to looking at him next year, depending on how much off season surgery we hear about October.
Speaker 2: Hopefully none thirty two to six thirty two horme runs to six. Yeah, you don't go from ninety point nine mile hourgs of velosity in twenty twenty five to eighty nine. Eighty nine is still good, but his max x velosity max was one oh eight. I bet you Lewis Rise has hit up a ball one hundred and eight miles. One hundred eight's not great for your max. So it's it's it's a bit a bad season, and I think he's going to be cheap at the draft table. So I'll probably have you got.
Speaker 3: Tim, But I got a guy that I probably won't stick with, and that's Ladd Junior ADP of ADP of eighteen. Before I look at Ladd at any price, Okay, he's got some things to work through and he's got some things to resolve, and I, hey, I hope you can get back on track. Who that Joey Barto I think came up with an analysis. I'm glad something with his back leg or you know, driving through the ball. Well, we'll have to see. But right but right now, I think Lad's going to go too high for my liking, and he's going to be a pass. Like I said, I've got to see some changes.
Speaker 2: Where does he before? The great Tim McCloud would and would be enticing enough for you to grab.
Speaker 3: Him too far? Fifth, sixth, seventh round. That's right, you'll never drop.
Speaker 2: That far, ye, just because he's Lad Junior.
Speaker 3: Yeah, somebody will. Somebody will pick him up from the third round hoping on a return to for him, and it could very easily occur, I believe. But am I going to take that chance? No, I'll go down the table a little bit and find your first basement. If I'm going to roll the dice, it's not going to be on a first basement that has demonstrated some definite problems this year. Okay, first, second, third round, No, that's just not going to happen for me.
Speaker 2: Rich This one's kind of sad for me. Jose l TV the second basement off the board. It's a guy that you could always count on at minimum for great batting average. He's sitting two forty, it's got fourteen home runs, two stolen bases, ninety six games. He's been out a little bit. But it's just sad. I mean, we're starting to see the natural progression of the guy losing his skills, and he could have a bounce back like a George Springer type of season where he puts it all back together and he looks like he's reborn. But this is unfortunately at the beginning of the end for Jose al Twov. I'm afraid.
Speaker 3: Well, yeah, and all you have to do is look at the history of success from second base types over the age of thirty five is somewhere between slim and none. Al Tuov is going to be thirty seven next year. Yeah, yeah, so.
Speaker 2: How many hits. Does he get to get a baseball reference for that? I ask Google how many career hits? It's because AI stuff is so good. You don't even have to look up stuff. Anyone just looks how many career hits.
Speaker 3: Does I'm gonna say twenty five hundred.
Speaker 2: L two vs. Twenty four and seventy seven. So here's what's going to be sad. He's going to fark of three thousand.
Speaker 3: It is correct.
Speaker 2: He's going to be a shell of himself trying to get the three thousand, and it's going to be sad to see that.
Speaker 3: Yes, he will get there, but it will probably be in twenty thirty two as a DH in Colorado.
Speaker 2: Yeah, something like that. That'll be That'll just be awful.
Speaker 3: It'll be the same ending we saw from Robertson Can.
Speaker 2: Yeah. So he's got how many hits does L two we have? He's got only eighty nine. That's tough, you know.
Speaker 3: So four to five years.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, but if he could do one hundred and fifty two hundred and eighty that he did in the last two years, that he'd get there in three years. That won't be awful. But if it's I'll take him five years. That's yeah, who's your second basement?
Speaker 3: Well, I gotta go with Jackson Holiday.
Speaker 2: I thought of him. I thought of him. I'm underwilling to do that though.
Speaker 3: Yeah. I'm having trouble with that one myself. I'm going to be a buyer next year, Okay to injury. Injuries basically destroyed the season before he even got going. You know, it's funny when you start looking at that that hand surgery he had it just never y you know, Hamming nobody, yeah, Hammy, Yeah. Some of the guys that had that surgery playing well, they're playing as good as Yeah, it just hasn't happened with Holiday. I'm going to show up my Scottish bloodlines and be a buyer next spring on Holiday. But it has been very, very disappointing. What's happening.
Speaker 2: His ex velocity was eighty eight point eight twenty twenty five, really good for a kid that's twenty one years old. You expect he went down a mile and a half eighty seven point two with a max of one oh five point eight. That is not what we expect, and that to me is indicative that that hand never got the strength back in the hand.
Speaker 3: So totally agree.
Speaker 2: I mean he still walks a lot. I mean, there's he's just a speed is there. It's I'm a buyer of my third base man, Machad. It's a weird one, Timmy. Twenty three home runs, but he's got a two to fifteen batting average and I'd look at it. It's a two twenty nine babbit and he kind of think he still hits the ball pretty hard. I think that's going to correct, and I think I don't know, he's a four to third basement. Off the board is set where he's going to go again. Next season, he might hit thirty home runs.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'll buy if the price is right. If he falls a little bit, I'll definitely be interested. But at an ADP of thirty seven point two from last year, that just isn't right for me. Yeah, he's going to have to fall a little bit, and if he does, yeah, I'll definitely be interested.
Speaker 2: Timmy, here's your third basement.
Speaker 3: Oh, I gotta go with an Atlanta not so brave Austin Riley ADP of sixty four to nine. He started his career and you know, I know you were never big on Riley. You had big time concerns, and after the first three seasons it looked like wrong. Yeah, dead wrong. It wasn't happening. But he started his career with three consecutive thirty plus home run seasons. He's likely to finish the next three years by not getting the twenty. He has fifteen this year, the batting averages in free fall, and he's likely to set a career high in strikeouts this year. So you might not have been right out of the gate, but the past three years you've been pretty spot on in your analysis on Austin Riley. I'm just not interested in taking chance after seeing three consecutive years of not getting your twenty home Oh, Cooper Pratt, he's the guy. No all, look elsewhere. I won't touch her.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's tough, I mean, pardon my. My concern has always been with Austin Riley's. It's got a terrible approach, just swings at everything, no two strike, two strike approach. He's still got big power. I mean, he still hits the ball really, really hard. It's not quite as hard as he did last couple of years, but it's hard enough. But if you're up there just hacking away. Timmy, the Major League baseball pitchers have got a book on him now, and they know exactly how to pitch it. You can look at the data and you pitch them away, away, and down and you get him out every time.
Speaker 3: And sweeper sweeper, sweeper sweepers. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you make a mistake to where you throw him a fast he's going to destroy the fastball. So yeah, and you could see it in the data. The fastball used have just been going down throwing to him since twenty twenty four. That was that was the year we're all bad stuff started happening. So they just started giving it more and more off speed pitches, and you know, just just you know, just that's what happened. It doesn't it's not more complicated than that.
Speaker 3: No, there's a book. People read it. Well, here we get to the end, and that's exactly what's happening.
Speaker 2: He's hitting expected batting average against breaking pitches one seventy four against off speed pitches. It's not great against fastballs, but you know, at least he's got to expected four to twenty eight slug. He's got to expected three eighty three slug on breaking pitches. He's just there is nothing happening, No tell me. Let's let's take a break and that was a great one by you, and let's come back and finish this up. What's happening with these games?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 2: The uh oh it's whimsy the Thursday, right, yep, the oh. The Red Sox are up one to nothing on your beloved Toronto Blue Jays. You don't even like the Blue Jays, but by default that's that's who it is, right. Who's pitching for the Yeah, totally, totally. He's gonna get some He's going to get some MVP votes. Tim Brookie of the yeah votes.
Speaker 3: I guess mad Max Schuers or I believe.
Speaker 2: Yeah for the Toronto Blue Jays. Yeah, totally. I'm sorry. Going back to Rookie of the Year three point one fourty ear a, seven wins, one hundred and twenty four strikeouts in one hundred and nine innings pitched.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he's having a very good year.
Speaker 2: Very When can I take my victory lap where everybody's saying Connley early, and I'm like, I'd rather have Peyton Toley rather Peyton and I every time people would take Conley early six rounds in front of Peyton Toley, I'd rather have Peyton Totley there you go.
Speaker 3: He was, Yeah, the predictions were simply early.
Speaker 2: Right join us that Patreon saying get that kind of insight, Patriot dot com. I'm there for you. Okay, anyway, short stop Timmy, I'll go. I've been going first year. I think you and I both thought her role to the Predoma it was going to be tough to replicate his season from last year when it was twenty seven home runs twenty stolen bases. I might have that reverse. It might be twenty runs, twenty seven stolen bases into two ninety batting average. He's sitting two forty four of this season with nine home runs, and he's still got the stolen base. He's going to fall short of twenty seven most likely, but he's going to be twenty two to twenty five nine home runs. I think that. I think he's a ten to twelve, ten to fifteen kind of home run guy. He is. Babbitt is pretty low at two sixty four. It's just it's so hard when you see a guy Kyle Riley another example that you look at look at his history. You don't see a progressive thing. You just see this out of know where he jumps up and he blows up. You just can't fall in love with that, and you can't have that Fomo at the draft table when it's like, I'm gonna let somebody else take that risk. Yeah, maybe he's blown up, but I'd rather take some guy that's progressively getting better as opposed to just out of nowhere does this season. I think that's what happened with Parolda Pardoma.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and you know, I think we all predicted regression. Okay, but regression to what. Okay, we now have a better idea what that regression is. A new borrow will be set and it should be a lot lower than it was last year. Okay. I'm a buyer on Prudomo.
Speaker 2: He's a good baseball player's a good fantasy baseball player. He's just not the ninth short stop off the board or with potentially going even higher than that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm buying, assuming the ADP for next year reflects his twenty twenty six season a little bit better, and it should. Okay, So I don't have any problems with Pardoma. I stayed away from him for the most part is year because I didn't know what I was getting into. And whenever you're in a situation where yeah, yeah, he's gonna regress, but regrets to what. Okay, I'm not going to pay the price based on that high season. I have no shares of Perdoma, I have no shares of call Orriling. I just stayed away, okay, and avoided it. But next year, yeah, I'm gonna look at I don't I'm gonna look at Perdomo. Assuming the new bar is reflective of what he did this year, you might actually end up getting yourself a bargain there with that, with that low babbittt.
Speaker 2: My whole life is predicated, whether it's baseball or just living in Genlef. I if I don't understand it, I can't explain it to somebody, I just walk away. I mean, I just like, I don't understand why this is happening. Good on this hitter for doing this picture, for doing this whatever for happening. I don't get it, so I can't invest in it. And that was my deal with Perdomo.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, very enough.
Speaker 2: You're short stop, mister McLeod well.
Speaker 3: My short stop. Okay, I uh, it's true. Confession time. Okay, I missed short stop on the list. Okay, yeah, we.
Speaker 2: Could skip we could sky it, come back to it or do you.
Speaker 3: Have I get you pull your Yeah, I'm gonna pull somebody. Uh you know when in dough. Okay, go go with tried and true. There's not a hope in hell. I will have any shares of bobus ship.
Speaker 2: Chip shot.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yes, yeah, you can find more of that over at the Discord site.
Speaker 2: The great analysis it. Yeah, that was that was. Everybody knew that going in. People still invested in them and I yeah, yeah, So let's on a three year contract. So next year he won't be pretty good.
Speaker 3: Forty million a year I think after for years.
Speaker 2: Or something like that. So final year that's when he'll blow up again and some general manager will buy into it. And I yeah. So now, speaking of general managers, I'm going to tell you something. So I got content. You're gonna laugh. I got contact of my Major League baseball team to see if I was interested in joining their analytics department.
Speaker 3: Congratulations, guess who it was. I know who it was, The Rockies.
Speaker 2: The Rockies. I laughed out loud. I got the email. I laughed out loud, like they have an analytics department? Don't they listen to this show?
Speaker 3: Right right, right to your principal exposure Okay to the world of baseball is through your Patreon site and the podcast. Okay, no, they do not listen. They don't read the Patriot on site and they don't listen to the podcast. Okay, no, congratulations, I I I.
Speaker 2: Yeah. So it was it was I'd have to move to Denver, and I said, actually, it wasn't Denver. It was the Phoenix. That's where their analytics group is. And I said, it's like one hundred and ninety degrees on the summertime. Thank you. They have a look. I've offered other kinds of stuff. That was almost pulled the trigger on a couple. I'm not interested. I'm just not interested. But it was I did laugh out laughs. It was a it was a you know, I got the note It says, hey, I heard from this guy with somebody in the Cleveland Cleveland Guardians organization really like work and blah blah blah, you know, can you help us in this area? And I just likely appreciate it. I wish you guys all the luck. But I I said, I'm not interested in going to uh to live in Phoenix. But uh, then it was I didn't want to say that. I guess it would be a challenge. I mean, you can go in there and actually make an impact and get them analytics focused. That would be kind of exciting.
Speaker 3: So yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 2: I'm retired to him, I'm not going to do that.
Speaker 3: There's lots of challenges we can look forward to in life. Okay, maybe that's the key, look forward to challenges.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because you'd have to you have to hire a bunch of people. And you know, because I know, I know, I was in the analytics world for years. I know, like who a lot of the good people would be to bring in there. So maybe turn them into an analyx you know what this podcast? You could be hosting the podcast. I'd come in as a guest, and I tell you everybody we've jettison.
Speaker 3: Okay, you could hire me and Nails okay from the Discord site to be your analytics department. Okay, yeah, that's a good player.
Speaker 2: Good go to the outfield. Did you boba shit right? This first one. I don't feel good about putting this guy on here because he was hurt. But Aaron Judge turns thirty five in April. I'm very disappointed and discouraged that we lost Aaron Judge. I forgot when May June and.
Speaker 3: Long ago, far away in a different galaxy. Yeah, yeah, we're.
Speaker 2: Just we're not gonna he's not coming back to him. He's just not coming up. I mean, there's it's crickets with the Yankees. They're not saying anything, and it's he's not swinging at bat, he's not doing he's not doing anything, and it's no. And you know, look, you got guys that are this old, that big. You just don't want to be musical chairs. You don't want to be the guy who drafted Aaron Judge with the third pick or second pick in the draft, thirty four years old, and then this happens. I know it can happen to anybody, but you're just increasing your odds. That's something something bad's going to happen. And it did.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Yeah, Well he's a first round pick. Next year, he'll probably be a second round, late first second round pick. That's too high for me. I the age, combined with the injuries were starting to see that just puts him in a bracket where there's too much risk relative to where you're going to have to acquire him at. So I'll be staying away from her in.
Speaker 2: Judge, I get it, man, All of a sudden, you're thinking, Aaron Judge and with the seventeenth pick in the draft, you gotta do it, And I get it. I mean I might even be tempted, you know, to grab rule in the second round, going hey, I got a chance to get fifty on runs. But I should I should have gotten that guy with a third overall pick, But I don't know. Man, is a ton of.
Speaker 3: Right, They're They're most certainly.
Speaker 2: Is yeah, who's your first guy? Tim?
Speaker 3: Well, speaking of risk, we're going. We're going right to the high end of the scale. Ronald Dacune junior ADP of six point eight. He's going in the top ten picks of drafts last year. And if you're betting on a return to form out of Accunia junior, you're betting against two seasons in a nine year career. That's that's not good odds. Okay, Yeah, he can have a monster season, much the same as Aaron Judge, but two of the nine where he's exceeded six hundred at bat, that's that's not enough for me. I'll be passing on a junior as well as Aaron judge next year, and my rankings will probably reflect it.
Speaker 2: I think it's a similar situation. I agree with that. I mean, how many more years do we have to have a Ronald Lacuna junior getting hurt? I had actually a trade offer. I owned Ronald dcunyan one Dynasta league and somebody one of him. And before I had a chance to even look at the trade two of the players that he included in the trade he just accepted. Because I'm the commissioner. He accepted two of the players that were in the the offer and another deal that had been accepted, So I never got even a chance to review it because it was an olden voy by the time I got to it.
Speaker 3: Well what somebody limited patients?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean it's like, all right, yeah, I'll wake up at three o'clock next next time in the morning and then take a look at the trade offer. But I was little disappointed in that I didn't even I didn't get a chance'll take up to really analyze it.
Speaker 3: Okay, uh, he's got less he's got less less patients than most of my nurses that I drive around.
Speaker 2: It's true a lot. That's funny. Okay, my next guy Timmy. I don't know how I feel about this, right, I like during Jared duran and he's actually had a good season. He's going to go twenty twenty seventeen or run seventeen stolen basis, but he's hitting two of too, and it's on base percentage is two sixty, and we know that that look. One of the things that as fantasy managers, one thing you cannot you can't control much. The one thing you definitely can't control is how often the player's going to get played by his manager. At some point, Jared Durant's going to be sat more than just against lefties when he's got a two sixty on base percentage because the analytics apart is going to go no, that's not working.
Speaker 3: Yes, so I.
Speaker 2: He's been disappointing because of that, but he's going to go twenty twenty. So I'm not sure what to make of him. I'm not even sure I recommended people pick him up. It was one of my draft targets. I was wrong on that. I guess I was wrong. He's going twenty twenty, though, but I don't know how to think about it.
Speaker 3: Helped me well when he's going twenty twenty, but somewhere you're going to have to cover that two two batting average, the OBP plus the back sitting against lefties. Okay, my personal thoughts, If somehow I end up with Duran on any of my teams next year, you can assume I was over medicated on Draft DA. I can't play that game more. Auto draft yeah, my buddy, Auto, Yeah, No, how do you compensate and weigh one up against the other. I have a hard time drafting players for the most part, that I know are going to kill me somewhere. I would rather take a fifteen to fifteen type that's going to bat two fifty five and has a history of three hundred plus OBP. I'll take the lower power and speed numbers totally offset by a consistent batting average or OBP. I It just puts you in a hole. And what you do is on Draft DA you end up trying to find a way to get out of that hole. Now, to get out of that hole, you end up going off your draft strategy. Okay, to end up with players that you're not really that bullish on, but you're just trying to compensate for the fact that you made a move that puts you into a negative situation. I like to try and stay away from that wherever possible. It just creates chaos, and no, we got enough chaos on draft Day. We don't need bonus chaos.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, but here's the problem. I bet you I'm looking at it now because this bat speed is great. He hit still hits the ball pretty hard. Expected batting average is two thirty three. I mean, you can argue that it could be if he hits two fifty and does twenty twenty, that might actually work.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it might. But you happen to look at the schedule and he's facing five lefties next week. Ye, then you gotta have you gotta have coverage for him.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's gotta be thirty next season as well, which is kind of crazy. You still think of it as a kid and he's.
Speaker 3: Not time does nuts stand still?
Speaker 2: Yeah, it bumps me out. I like Jared Durant. I love his story as well, where you know he was really distraughted, people should read about it, and it considered suicide and it basically then kind of got sought some help and really turned his life around and played well. And now he just runs into a bus saw here and it just bums me out.
Speaker 3: So yeah, I did. This isn't personal on my behalf. It's just about, of course, not Timmy.
Speaker 2: He's not listening.
Speaker 3: No, no, don't.
Speaker 2: Have to worry about that, but it does bump. I would see that he's not having a good season because then you worry about what's he what's that doing to him emotionally? You know?
Speaker 3: Ye? I wish him all the best with what he does. It's just what he does is not what I'm looking for.
Speaker 2: Totally get it, all right, give me your.
Speaker 3: Second outfielder, okay, my second oldfielder. Okay. Eleven home runs, seven stolen bases, and a two thirty nine batting average over four hundred and two at bats. As a late first round pick, you'd have to say it's pretty dreadful, right, Yeah, that great? Yeah, Kyle Tucker with an ADP of fourteen point eight. The Dodgers might spend the most, but it doesn't guarantee the best Kyle Trick. Tucker has been a huge disappointment this year.
Speaker 2: Yeah. When I wrote about Kyle Tucker, wasn't I think it was twenty twenty five. I looked at the data and I said, I don't like what's happening. That's a guy that I'm not going to recommend. And then last year came out and had a great season, But all of the towels were there a year ago, and I repeated them again this season. I'm like, I don't like how Hardy hits the ball. I don't like the dwindling speed I think it will hit. And I just think the fantasy tools are dwindling before our eyes, and I think it finally caught up to him. That doesn't mean he's not going to improve next season, but I just don't like what he does. Tim. I think he's overrated because of that.
Speaker 3: Well, you know, I mean if he hits twenty home runs steals ten bases, so it's two forty. He's not a first round pick. In the second round, No, and he's going to go I think based on name recognition at short point in time, too early, Right, he's Kyle Cucker.
Speaker 2: That's right, But it's an eighty eight point eight mile and hour eggs of VELOSSI he's got a tonnel launch. You always worry about the guy with a tremendous amount of launch. They can have seasons like this where you know, it's all leverage built and sometimes they go out sometimes that you want the guy that can actually hit the ball hard and his speed this is gone. I mean speed's at the twenty seventh percentile. And I don't know how he stole twenty seven bases last year, but he's probably a ten stolid base guy with a fifteen to twenty home run That's probably who he is.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and I think even down shifting on him for next year, it's going to be too expensive.
Speaker 2: Yeah, this one's this one's easy for me. I feel adam not having to say this with Chandler Simpson. But look, first of all, I think it was who were we talking about? The power guy? If if you hit, oh, it was Kyle Riley. If he does, if he has fifty sixty home runs, I'll live with some of the other problems. If Chandler Simpson steals sixty seventy bases, I'll live with the fact that there's no home runs, that he's got forty nine runs scored, which you should have a lot more because he said and he's got twenty five RBIs. But if he if he steals sixty or seventy bases, oh, I might like I might have a chance to say, all right, I get it, but if you're going to steal thirty forty, so what I mean, not with all of everything else kind of zero's there's no use for that guy in my humble opinion.
Speaker 3: Now, there's lots of options for speed you can find, okay, but it is simply impossible to get less power production of a player than Chandler's and the best you can do is a tie. Zero is zero Okay? Yeah no, uh not for me?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean I didn't get it at the draft table. I didn't get it. I mean I mean against against still me sixty seventy eighty basis. We'll talk, but you got to be able to guarantee that to me. And then what happens is you draft that guy for all of the speed, and then you go light on other positions for speed and you go with power, and all of a sudden you wind up with a ton of home runs and not enough speed, and it's just it's not good tim This is.
Speaker 3: Up and no betting and no batting average, because the guys you're getting for power late are the guys that lad two twenty five to thirty home runs. But you're again, the trade off and getting a Simpson is you got to find the power. The power you're going to find later on in the draft. Stop set Simpsons speed is going to come with no batting average, and then you end up with Luisa Rise Chandler Simpson and pick a home run back, right, Yeah, okay in fifteenth place.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you're a fifteenth place because you got all these one dimensional guys and they decided to have their off gear. Not that Chandler Simpson had had an off year. I just look, thirty to forty stolen bases is a great season. I mean that that's great. I mean I never talk about a guy stealing fifty sixty bases, and I right about prospects all day long. You talk about forty plus, right, but if he does forty five, you're like, great, that's awesome. But you can't count sixty or seventy. And I think people were betting on that. They had to be otherwise why would you draft them?
Speaker 3: Well, exactly, yeah, and you know what you're breaking right sore, if he steals fifty, you're in fourteenth instead of fifty exactly.
Speaker 2: I don't like it's Lewis Rai's same argument. Kyle Riley's same argument. It's these one dimensional guys you could have everybody's gonna be really, really careful of. And when it all like Kyle Riley last year, it's great.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: But if it doesn't, yeah, I mean it's really bad.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you're going all in.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Hey, if it's then you're not going to finish fifth or third. No, you're going to be at the top of the board, or you're going to be looking up at everybody else.
Speaker 2: Yep, all right, timm, you got your last guy, and then uh, we'll get your picks and get out of here.
Speaker 3: Okay, I'm going with another Dodger. Okay, I'm going with Tioscar Fernandez's ADP was one twenty four point six. Okay, he was twenty ninth outfielder off the board. But is that proving to be that much of a better buyer than his fellow Dodger Kyle Tucker. Are you gonna you know, hey, based on costs? Yeah, it's got to be a very bit. Theo's got eleven homers and forty two RBIs I think it's time the Dodgers started promoting that outfield depth. It's currently sitting in the high minds. Ti Oscar to me, has been a big disappointment the year. This year. Yeah, traditionally you go back a couple of years at thirty home run Mark was in. You know, he he's gonna be very fortunate if he gets twenty this year. And I don't see that trend improving moving forward. So come on, Dodgers start bringing up some of the kids.
Speaker 2: Well, I mean, let's let's take a look at ti Oscar. Hernandez still sign a three year sixty six million dollars running through twenty twenty seven, so I mean you could see ti Oskar becoming a part time player next season.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's not like the Dodgers don't have options in the minors and the high miners do they Nope, they do.
Speaker 2: Not tell me to take our final break. Come back, and let's see who Tim is gotting pick it up on his waiver wire. It's only got three guys. Those two give him people an next your nay to forget him out with you.
Speaker 3: Till well, well, and you know what, I now, I'm now up to five or six because I've picked your brain and you've done. You've added three more players for me, So you've got at least a fifty percent commitment to the waiver wire this weekend. Congratulations and my thanks, Rick.
Speaker 2: I I think I just wrote about a player that I thought might be up. I'll have to give you that name. I can't remember who it is. Yeah, we literally fifty players over the last four or five days. I can't remember them all, but somebody I think might be coming up soon. But anyway, to me, who are your who are your two picks? Give me your hitter and then your pitcher.
Speaker 3: Okay, my hitter. You're gonna like this one. It finally happened in Colorado. We have a Zack Zachvens twenty three percent roster see at CBS. Yeah, I had a great year at Albuquerque. It is Albuquerque, but twenty four Homers. I think it's Albaqueri, but twenty four homer. His nineteen stroll on base is ten thirty seven ops. The only thing I had to add to that is the Rockies forget you was still in their miners. Nice to see Zach Viene up and somebody that I think people should be looking at with a few dollars this weekend.
Speaker 2: Unfortunately, Timmy, it's even money that he'll be sent down before the waiverwater list gets published. So that's the downside.
Speaker 3: Yes, there is a downside. Yes, yes, he would go for eight in two games. Okay, bye bye.
Speaker 2: He did hit a home run right then? He had a home run his first game up.
Speaker 3: Yeah, last him. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Look, I'm a huge Zach Vine fan. I don't think he'll be a star. But he hits the ball really hard. He's faster than you think, really aggressible on the base paths. I mean, he's not going to be a great hitter. But I struggled with understanding that there were three better or four better outfielders on the major league squad than when Zach Vine provided. I didn'tunderstand why he was sitting in the minor leagues, and it perplexed me. I don't know. Now that we're on the fourteenth, tell me why the first basement's not coming up.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Maybe they forgot about him too, Yeah, I don't know. Yeah, that it puzzles me.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I could be heading, like not heading, but I could be part of their analytics department too, yes, helping them.
Speaker 3: And listen listening listening to me drowing on about the Rockies all by myself. Okay, with w.
Speaker 2: Can you imagine. I mean, there's no way. I'm sixty three years old, soon to be sixty four. I can't hold my tongue and say, well, well, be real corporate. Well you know, I think exactly can I What are you guys stupid? Why aren't you pretty them up? What more information do you need?
Speaker 3: That's one of the perks of being a senior. Okay, that's right, Yeah, yeah, you're yeah, you're entitled to you your opinions and sharing them. It's important they get out there.
Speaker 2: I think, yeah, for sure. All right, Timmy, here's your picture.
Speaker 3: Oh, you're gonna love this one. Okay, we got we have a blast for the past happening here roster to the tune of thirty nine percent Tyler Maine of the Atlanta bradds.
Speaker 2: Oh, I like Tyler, I have still got a I'm still running them out there.
Speaker 3: Okay. Since moving to the Braves at the deadline, two starts, okay, he's struck out sixteen batters in those two starts, twelve innings pitched, and he's allowed a total of one earned run. Maybe escaping the Giants and moving to his Braves New world in Atlanta. You can't you can't ignore that at this point in time in the season. So he's he's available in sixty one percent of the league at CBS, He's probably available in a fair number right across the board. So I think you got to take a look at Tyler Manley.
Speaker 2: Unfortun and my guy that I was going to tell you I think will be up soon is famous and you've already talked about him before. That's Walker Jenkins, but probably another guy you want to put back on had made my Hot Prospect of the week. He was seven for twenty three with two home runs stolen base and I mean, you can't stay healthy? Is in that Royce Lewis Byron Buxton? But you begin the question, are the really three better outfielders on that Minnesota Twins team than Walker Jenkins? And I think they got to bring him up?
Speaker 3: Mmm, I totally agree, and I have mentioned him. I believe, Yeah, you definitely have that.
Speaker 2: Well, what about Charles Mackado? Is he going to be on your list?
Speaker 3: The do Yeah, I want to see what happens in the next couple of days in Toronto. The kid that seems to be really impressing is that Baban kid. Yeah, he's scoring point with both the team and the the fan base.
Speaker 2: So is he that good?
Speaker 3: Ah, well, he controls the strike zone, Okay, he's got wheels. Okay, so at the top of that lineup, it sort of makes sense. Is he that good? Well, the kid can hit, but he's not going to hit for power. He'll steal some bases, he'll get on base, score some runs. Yeah, he's he's a power.
Speaker 2: There's no speed. I mean, excuse you, there's no power. Eighty four point five x velocity, nine degrees of launch. That's no power.
Speaker 3: No no power.
Speaker 2: Nowhere does chase a little bit more than you would think, So I would question how good his walk rate's actually going to be.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I've got I've got Jay's c lineup as right now under my waiver ward. I do that a lot. I just make team notes, okay, and then I go back on on Saturday and start reviewing what they've done on the you know, the three four games since Monday Tuesday sort of thing. I got to. I got Triolo from Pittsburgh. I think he had a fairly big day to day again.
Speaker 2: Well I think everybody did. Yeah, So I'm looking at his big Babeman twenty swing, which is average, so the chase rate is average. It makes really good end zone contact of swings probably really short. He's just punching at the ball because there's no power and you think he's fast, right, it's my solar basis so well, I don't know. Yeah, but.
Speaker 3: Snire seems to like him and like what he's done so far, so that means he's going to get playing time. If you were looking for some cheap speed late in the season, he might be a guy worth stashing.
Speaker 2: Doesn't have any solo bases yet. Let's he got one to.
Speaker 3: Day mm hmm. Yeah, I haven't looked at the yet. Again, that's what.
Speaker 2: We're He's not floating my boat.
Speaker 3: No, I'm changing that. Yes, guess who will be back next week? Jordan Lawler? Should I mentioned mentioned him year? Yeah? Yeah, yeah, Yeah, that's what we're looking at this week.
Speaker 2: You know who just knowed the Triple A from Double A Osway Persino. I saw that most of the season has really played well in Double A.
Speaker 3: He has And.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean if you if the Tigers think they're in it, I mean I think they're in it. Not only what a half game out a game and a half of whatever we said, I mean, why not bring up Persino in the in in September?
Speaker 3: Do you know how to spell that? Rich? They type it into my way a report that Thank you very much, Bryce, Bryce, now right, no, okay, I got it.
Speaker 2: Thanks.
Speaker 3: If I if I get into the if I can get into the Patriots, hey, I'll use your analysis to book. I'll steal old a thing. Thank you.
Speaker 2: I don't Yeah, you have to take a look at that. Jeez, Simmy for an hour and fifteen minutes. So let's wrap this puppy up.
Speaker 3: Sounds good.
Speaker 2: So have a good long period before the Sunday show, which I think we might need to start at two thirty because I've got another baseball game to code two so at five yeah, okay.
Speaker 3: Just like, just give me a time and you know I'll be there. And I filed the notes away, okay for the annual analysis, so okay, the performance appraisal. Willing to work with others, yeah, okay, it's there.
Speaker 2: Flexibility making skills, yeah, I got that up front. Counterbalance the uh, the pilfering and forgeries that you're doing on my content, the speaking speaking of copyright, may I for just a moment, so part of the reason I couldn't do the Daily notes. Is Laurie and I got to this big discussion after watching UH, so we went and saw this. I think I mentioned this the concert was the Eagles Tribute band and we're trying. I thought that the tribute band is the one pain the royalties to the Eagles, because the discussion started is the Eagles and notorious and pretending Don, particularly Don Henley, he's got He's got sixty people this is on the Internet that's dedicated to finding people that are that are violating his copyrights of his songs, particularly on YouTube, and their goal is to shut these guys down. So he is litigious as litigious can possibly be. So I'm thinking, boy, it takes a a lot of hoodsbu to become a tribute band to play their material because then they're probably going to be up your butt every time you perform to make sure you know everything's going off. So that's how I thought it worked, but I wasn't totally sure when I did the research to I mean, I was completely wrong. You know, who was responsible for telling to communicating the playlist and so forth. It is not the performer because copyright now says you can play any song live. It's actually the facilities job. The facilities job to actually share back to the publisher that they played, you know that they played Hotel California, so that then the publisher can pay the monies to to the artists. So that's how it works. So our facility has a deal with several different publishers they have to it's subscription that you do annually. I don't know exactly the mechanics and how that works, because I know the Eagles are going to be a lot more expensive than if you brought in probably you know, a lesser known band, maybe let's call it a tribute band for Heart or something like that. I would assume the Eagles songs are gonna be more valuable than the Heart. So I don't know exactly how everything works out, but it's actually the facility who contracts with the publisher who then pays the agent. Then it made me think of when I was in high school. Tim I went to a high school that didn't have a lot of money. Most most public schools here don't have a lot of money, and they have always do for the high school musical Spring high school musical, they'd always do Oklahoma, they do these things that were old, and I mean, who cared about them?
Speaker 3: Right? So I went, yeah, but they were popular in the yeah, the thirties and forties.
Speaker 2: So I I wanted to do Greece, right. So I was the guitar player, and I was pretty well known in the school, and I was pretty actively involved in a lot of things. So I went to the drama teacher and I said, we should do Greece. I'll play, I'll put the band together. It'll be great. She goes, we can't, and I'll tell you why. She goes the because Greece was a new musical. It's a lot more expensive to get the rights than it is for Oklahoma and things like that. That's why we do those those old fashioned ones. Because some of them are in the public domain, they don't charge as anything, and some are so nominal. And we're in high school and we can't do that. I go, why don't we raise the prices of the tickets? And she goes, well, you know this isn't a very wealthy community, and tickets right three bucks? I said, I want to be charged five bucks. So I helped to work out the math, like what the difference was and how much we'd have to raise the tickets, and she bought it. She goes, okay, we'll do grease. So I got all excited. I've got to put the band together. We raised the ticket prices and I'll never forget. As soon as we announced that, she came to me she said, Wilson, if this doesn't work, your parents owed me three hundred dollars or something like that. This is in the seventies, right, So it wasn't big.
Speaker 3: Money curious cash. Yeah, it's big bucks.
Speaker 2: And fortunately sold out. It was the best attended performance the school had seen for years because people wanted to say it was like a modern like a modern performance as opposed to whatever. So that that was my sour. So I knew how that worked, but I had forgotten when we went and watched this Eagles tribute band. But it's the same kind of process. So well, that was that's fascinating in terms of how all of that works.
Speaker 3: Well, yeah, and there is the other option. You just go ahead and do it, don't pay anybody, and if somebody tries to collect you justublically shame them that you're a bunch of high school kids trying to raise money for some benevolent society or even you know what I mean. Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, at some point in time, I get it. But you're a bunch of high school kids, like come on, give them a break, right.
Speaker 2: I mean, I think they do for educational purposes. You don't have to pay as much as the local the local performing arts, you know, the kind of thing that you know, the community theater, they have to pay a lot because they're they're a money making venture in general. So high schools. I think in churches they give people discounts because it's supposed to be educational, et cetera. But you still have I mean when you have no money as a as a public institute like a school. And again, the drama departments probably their entire budget was five hundred dollars. We put all the risk on this one on show to take up their entire budget if it failed, right, So that was that was the risk. But it worked out.
Speaker 3: So yeah, very bold of you, and congratulations.
Speaker 2: I was an entrepreneurial, an entrepreneur and when I was seventeen to always looking for a name, and it had nothing to do with making money. I just wanted to play some good music, which back in the day I mean Grease was great, so it's still a great music.
Speaker 3: So yeah it is.
Speaker 2: Yeah, right Tim. We will see you on Sunday, my friend. A little bit early, but everybody have a good week. Tim, you say your good
Speaker 3: Boxy, be safe, be well, and we'll catch all on Sunday for riches Waiver Wire