Speaker 1: What's up, video gamers. You are listening to the Games for After Dark podcast episode one, houndle plus six. My name is more saying, I'm your host, and I'm joined by Jean Luke Psyche who's on some sort of podcast appearance streak. At this point, I think you're the You're on a streak, mate, hows it feel?
Speaker 2: Uh?
Speaker 3: Honored? Honored to s sound like it. I'm very I'm very tired. I just woke up.
Speaker 2: I'm wakey, sleepy head.
Speaker 1: That voice is, of course, the dulcet tones of Michael P. High Am the peace popetually late.
Speaker 2: Aye, that's facts, that's facts.
Speaker 3: Damn.
Speaker 2: I was getting I was getting breakfast earlier, and I was I was eating. I was eating. Oh yo, this is what you do. You get a sausage mcgriddle and you put the hash brown inside that ship and hell at once dog, that ship is hidden. But also it got me late because I was I was eating kitchen on the damn this is good. And I was like, I feel like I'm forgetting something. Check slack. I'm like, oh fuck, we're doing the podcast.
Speaker 1: And making her triumphant return. Is the one and only Lucy James Games.
Speaker 4: I'm back.
Speaker 1: There's a voice. I haven't heard that voice in eighty four Missed You.
Speaker 4: It's like six weeks or something, which like a very like an age in podcast non appearances.
Speaker 3: I think one hundred was the last one.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, So you did the smart thing where you went on a break and was like, I'm going to be on a break, fully, whereas I went on a break and I was like, except for the podcast, I was.
Speaker 4: On a break, but I absolutely got roped into stuff was away.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, I was. Well, it reached the point where I I'm sure, I know it's the same for you, but like I was on a break and then I did so much work that when I came back, I was like, I'm going to go on a break again because I worked through most of that break.
Speaker 4: But we go we're going on holiday, Yeah we are. We're going for you, me, Cardi and Crooper. We're going.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we're gonna have a nice little time over there. Be good.
Speaker 4: What's popping in Brighton And we're going to the Toy the Toy Museum. We're gonna go. They have a lot of barcades, so a lot of bars, big and it's obviously next to the beach. And we just got his dog.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we just got on Airbnb. We've got board games and we're going to fill that Airbnb with Fox and I'll be.
Speaker 2: Sick in Brighton. You love to see what what FC do? They rock in Brighton?
Speaker 1: Like?
Speaker 2: Is it Arsenal? Is it A? I don't man, you is it?
Speaker 1: I think they probably have their own right, I have no idea. I don't think they have any Premiership teams. If Simon card is listening to this, they're probably He's probably gonna be big mad. But I think it's I think Rep Leicester. Wait, Brighton and Brighton and Hove Albion f C.
Speaker 2: That's a lot of words.
Speaker 3: Then we've missed you.
Speaker 1: We've missed you so much, according to Google. Brighton and Hove Albion Football Club, commonly referred to simply as Brighton Hole Albion, is an English professional football club based in the city of Brighton and Hope. They compete in the Premier League, the top tier of the English Football League. It's good. It looks like they took a huge l recently. Oh no, no, no, yeah, yeah, they took a huge old recently. They lost too nail On the Saturday the seventh of August to get half get half. I don't know what the fuck that is, but you hate to see.
Speaker 2: It, fuddy, We'll turn to a footy podcast.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they're playing next on August the twenty first against August the fourteenth against Burnley, damn, which is.
Speaker 2: Just another is that another FC?
Speaker 1: I don't know what Burnley is, honestly, you know what f C.
Speaker 2: FC also stands for free company.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 2: Free companies are part of.
Speaker 1: May, which brings us nicely onto what we've been playing, doing, seeing, experiencing, engaging with. And you know what, because Lucy has been away, we're gonna ask her to go up first. You know the stage I've.
Speaker 4: Been engaging with. So I've recently gotten into the Sopranos for the first time, and I've become on it like I've never seen it before. I've not had it spoiled. I didn't know what the fuss was about, but now I understand. So that's like my back burner thing, but not necessarily gonna be what I'm talking about today while I was gone. It is the time of year where I hyper fixate on the sims. I have talked about sims on the podcast before, and like Calli and I play, and I've got a group chat with Callie and Georgia where we're talking about the new SIMS pack yep, because it's it's cottage living, which is basically based on the Cotswolds in the UK, and it is my favorite SIMS pack in actual years. It is incredible. You can get chickens and cows and I have a little farm and live off the grid. It's just very very cute, and I love that. But the main thing, the main thing, and I'm ashamed it has taken me so long to being friends with all of you. Final Fantasy fourteen ziv. I finally downloaded it.
Speaker 2: You love to see it.
Speaker 4: So last Friday we had a recharge day at work, so we weren't we weren't reworking, and I was just like, you know what, I'm just gonna do it. I'm just gonna bite the bullet. I'm gonna download it. I beat the first boss, which is the Final Fantasy fourteen launcher, because holy shit, square next to the one you play their game. But then I got in and I honestly didn't find it as overwhelming as I feared that I would. I remember trying to play it in like when it first came out, when it first came to PlayStation four. I remember downloading it and playing it then and I was like, just I had no clue what I was doing, and so I kind of went in. I watched. I didn't I didn't watch a sort of like Beginner's Guide until actually I was thinking I was waiting on another password reset email and I decided to read one, which gave me like a little kind of bit of understanding about what I was doing. And then I so I picked well first when I'm doing the trial, So I don't have Bunny Lady, which I really wanted, but I have. I have gone for cat Lady. Yes, who is called? Is it Lucia Lucia Jams? I just couldn't think of a name.
Speaker 2: Yo, you can do a lot worse, trust me.
Speaker 4: I saw your threat the other day, like incredible Final Fantasy fourteens. I think my favorite one is still I mean, it's a Destiny tun name. But someone was John Fortnite Kennedy, which is but yeah, I started playing and playing as an Arcanist. All right, Arconist, I have my little creature.
Speaker 2: Okay, yeah you have to. You got the bunky the carbon.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, I got my car buncle and I'm level eleven right now.
Speaker 2: Okay, all right, all right.
Speaker 4: So I mean do you all does everyone start in like the same location or is it.
Speaker 2: There's there's three there's three starting locations. It just depends on what initial class you pick. But all roads lead to the same story.
Speaker 4: Okay, because I'm now in Summerfold.
Speaker 2: You're in Limbs, so you're in You're in Ligma low Mensa. Yoh, that's that's my place, man, That's where all the evens go.
Speaker 1: Did you say Leigma?
Speaker 2: Yep?
Speaker 1: Anyways, carry on.
Speaker 4: It's like I found that place just impenetrable. At the beginning, I was like, I know I need to go here, but I can't figure out how to get that. But then it's a mess. And then I unlocked all of the this through these crystals that let you sort of right, yeah, unlocked all of those, and now I feel like to get But then also it really sparked something in me. So I'm I'm currently staying at my mom's and I've got my tablet here, and I downloaded Final Fantasy twelve onto like I am. However, many hundreds of miles away, I downloaded Final Fantasy twelve onto a box that is in the south of London that I can now play through a tablet and a controller in the northeast of England, which is amazing. Yeah, it had it like it reminded me a bit of twelve, so I was like, let's go back in.
Speaker 1: It's not or fourteen was aza.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but there there is a there's an Evilise, Yeah, parallel Dalmasca is a version of Dalmasca called Dalmasca is in the World of.
Speaker 1: Four because the Vieira in like the rabbit people at the Vieria, right, so they come from twelve and the other Evilise games, I guess. So yeah, I get like the way I kind of obviously. I've also I've been playing the game on and off.
Speaker 4: Because he was streaming it the other day. Right, so what are you up to?
Speaker 1: I am I'm in. I'm i am still working my way through a realm Reborn. I'm still in the starting area ish slowly make him my way through it and making my way through in front of point. But yeah, it's it's still the frustrating thing about it for me is I almost got to the good bit, which is the first expansion and then my whole, my whole thing happened with my character just vanishing into oblivion as if someone snatched Tuckis I go up and just deleted his ass. So I had to create a new Tugis Figo. So now I'm going through it. But yeah, I was doing it on stream, like I just hopped on and I was like, you know what, I'm just gonna treat it like and like I'm just chatting, like talking to the folks in the chat and then in the background, I'll be playing Final Fantasy. And it was It was good fun. It was a lot of fun. I do have many many questions about it though, first being like, so we're we're on the free version. There are limitations to like your friends list, right, because I remember because I was trying to add Lucy and it was just like not finding anyone. How do you add someone in this game? Do you all have to be on a paid one? Because my younger brother actually started and he's been trying to figure it out, and he seems to think that one person in your party needs to have a paid version and then that person can invite other people on free versions to them.
Speaker 3: Let me, there's no way that's how that actually works. That can't be You can't.
Speaker 2: You can't start parties, I think when you're on the free trial, But I don't know if there's any limitations on getting friend requests.
Speaker 4: You can't. You can only carry nine hundred and ninety nine gil as well, which I person. Every time I like am getting near that, I just go to the market and I'm.
Speaker 1: Like, okay, see I realized that, and I just like, I fast travel everywhere now because it costs money to use the ether, right, so I'm just like bouncing everywhere.
Speaker 2: Okay, you can have up to three hundred thousand, girl.
Speaker 4: Apparently I can mine taps out at nine ninety nine.
Speaker 2: And ah damn, that sounds like you problem. You can get a bigger wallet your brokies, Yeah, you can't. You can't get a friend request.
Speaker 1: This is what I'm saying. That wack as fuck.
Speaker 2: That's so absolutely that's I didn't know. I didn't know. That's kind of fucked up.
Speaker 1: And the weird thing is like it just acts like no one exists. So it wasn't like, oh, here's Lucy, you can't add her because you're on a free version. It's like, no, she doesn't exist. Damn.
Speaker 2: It's like an episode of Black Mirror.
Speaker 1: Exactly, Like you don't you cannot make any social connections until you pay ten dollars or whatever.
Speaker 2: This is. This is a commentary society as a whole.
Speaker 4: This is what Hideo Kajima is fighting against.
Speaker 1: Yeah, marand strand the game exactly. But yeah, so that is one limitation I immediately found. But I mean, like I'm not super. The reason I wanted to do it is because like it would have been fun to like jump in with other other people who are going through the same you know, phase of the game, and just like pull each other through. But you know, it's not a major deal. Since I'm detached from a lot of what's happening, I'm skipping most of the dialogue, and this time around, I'm skipping all the side quests.
Speaker 5: Because there's no reason to do side started to do.
Speaker 4: I've heard from you.
Speaker 2: All the born is like yeah, you.
Speaker 1: Know what I mean. I mean, my og Turkeys Fuegos did everything like max that ship out like.
Speaker 3: You kind of had to. I feel like, at least because like they didn't rebound, like they've recently rebalanced it, so you don't need to do it because I when I first started, I felt like I had to like grind out a couple of side quests a little more, or like grind enemies. Not the case now it feels like so thin.
Speaker 4: There was only one that I felt like I had to, and I mean it was very early on like level five, and it is basically a tutorial that teaches you how to get clothes. But it was like, oh, yeah, you need to all be level five clothes and armor to come talk to me. And I was like, oh, I don't have any of that school classes. Do I have to do the like the Arcanist school.
Speaker 2: Thing, like you don't have to? Well you it's like a thousand percent recommended Yeah, that's it's it's an easy way to level, but also the very important skills and abilities are locked behind doing your class quests.
Speaker 1: Okay, so I'm doing I'm doing the Archer stuff with that absolutely salty archer who hates me constantly. I forgot his name, but he's just like the biggest hater, Like he would be invited to Dave Chappelle's Player Haters Ball because every time I got anywhere out of Bowl and Arrow, he's like, Fuck this guy, why are you, but yeah, I am like, like I said, I'm enjoying this part of the game. I am. I was saying this on my stream, but like I keep I was explained my history with that game and how many times or the third time I'm going through a lot of this content, and people are like, why you keep playing this? Why do you keep coming back to this? And I was like, listen, any game that the mention of make that can make Michael Hym cry on on site, I need to give it a shot. Yeah, But then like I'm desperate to get to the bit where the good shit happens, like the and and that seems to be the first expansion, So I'm like, I'm very slowly working my way through it. My other questions are, my character looks like ass.
Speaker 4: In all your mind, looks very cute.
Speaker 1: Like my Physically, my character is cool because he's one of those dragon lads. He's read he looks like a Tucky. Yeah, he looks like a Tucky's way, but everything he wears looks yeah dog.
Speaker 2: The the outfits early the early level outfits are like raggedy shit dog. Also don't be classes, but also like it's it's tough in the streets. You don't get the you don't get access to like decent like some of the some of like the level of thirty and forty armors actually look pretty cool. But then you start to open up like a lot more options for customization at level fifty. Yeah, okay, because that's when you get like access to like the a lot of the different a lot of different clothes that you can just glamor or you can just cast glamor onto your shitty looking armor and then it look cool because I'll have cool jacket, I got a nice skirt. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: In my hair, myke takis has got no drip's anti drip.
Speaker 2: Yeah, depressing. Everyone's got to go through it, man.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I've involved in there a lot of time. Like you go to the there's like fan sites where people like do their own like fashion, like like ah, you're trying to look like a professional, Like here's the outfit you want to get, and like, oh my god, I'm like because I'm like yeah, like I'm I'm doing the culinary job and I'm like i want to I want to fucking look good, and I'm like thirty, but all the good ships like level sixty and I'm like, fuck, all right, I'm gonna look like that.
Speaker 2: I mean, there peep the Peep the fashion show from Extra Life twenty nineteen. You could see us, see what you see what you can do with hell?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah? So Lucy, are you like, how do you do you feel like you have a grasp of like what you should be doing? Yeah, because that's the most that's the most important thing I think.
Speaker 4: For There's only really been a couple of times where I've not and it was mostly just because I wasn't familiar with the layout and I didn't realize. I mean, first of all, I mean we how to call yesterday a lot of us and I was explaining that I accidentally set the I'm playing on PS five accident set the PlayStation controls the hard even to be the PC one. And because the touch the touch pad on the the PS five can work as a mouse, so you can use the controller as a mouse, which I thought was very cool but not practical when you are in the middle of combat. Oh yeah, And I accidentally set it to that, and I couldn't figure out for the longest time, like twenty minutes, how to switch it back. And then I kept like not quite being able to figure out where stuff was on the map until I realized that if you go in the journal, it shows you exactly where it is on the map, or even if you just like go into the map, it shows you where you're supposed to be. And then just you know, after a few hours, when I figured out the map a little bit more on my head and kind of got my bearings. Bit, I'm like just breezing through at the minute. But I have come up to my mum's and I didn't bring my PlayStation because obviously that thing, how the hell are you supposed to try thing? So I'm interested in, like, is it a cross account, like if I download it on my laptop? Oh okay, oh no.
Speaker 2: So, but the thing is so was another question with the free trial, I think you can only access it on one platform. Yes, if you want, if you get if you have if you subscribe to the game and you get like the full version, you need to have a copy of the game on the platform as well, like I have to buy. I had to buy it on PS four even though I already have playing it on PC. But I mean it's the same subscription.
Speaker 4: Though, yeah, I could remote play into the PlayStation. Yeah, it wouldn't be as good.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean I feel like you still handle like lower level stuff.
Speaker 1: I think. Yeah. The other question I guess, like, I don't know, listen, what kind of like your what's your experience with MMOs broadly.
Speaker 4: Mmm, relatively low? Honestly, I get a bit of wow as everyone has dipped their toe into wow. I feel at some point I played around midst of pander.
Speaker 1: For people like that. I imagine who might be looking at it, Like in terms of tips on combat, Michael and jel Luke, like is it does it? Obviously? People are going to okay, and it looks like you just press one, then two, then three, then four and then five on on the hot bar, which shit kind of is. But yeah, but like, how do you where does the depth in the combat come from in that game? Like, as as new players, relatively speaking for us, what should we be thinking about in combat to make the most of it and keep that part of the experience engaging.
Speaker 2: Well, I will say that with each class and each job in the game, it'll it will ramp up. And I think that there's a level of complexity that I think most like MMOs and RPGs get to. So for example, I got a level seventy boost for Black Mage and I jumped into it. I'm like, I have no fucking idea what the hell any of this is. But for Ninja, Monk, Dark Knight, all the other jobs that I play, I'm like, yo, I know this shit like secondhand. I know all the attack rotations, I know the situational like, oh, if I'm in this situation, this is how I change up my attack rotation. Or if I got cut off in the middle of a rotation, this is how I can bounce back. I think that's necessary. The simplicity and the early levels are necessary for like, it's training you to like, well, okay, once you get the sixty, once you get the seventy, and you have to handle these boss fights where there's so much shit happening in a fight or in a dungeon that like understanding how you play your class is second nature and you don't have to necessarily. You're not thinking about like, oh, how do I play this, It's more like, Okay, how am I going to adapt to this situation? Or like you know, it's I think the early levels of especially in around me Born, I think maybe it spends a little too much time with the simple aspects of each class, But I think that you will think that later.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because right now, I'm obviously I've done it a couple of times now, so like my attack rotations are, I've just set it up, so I just go through each ability as I needed to happen, and like by the time I reached the end of the hot keys, the enemy is usually dead.
Speaker 4: I'm just like what, I've just got carbuncle putting him.
Speaker 1: Work oies carbuncle. But yeah, do you, Lucy, how do you foresee your time with this going? Do you do you reckon? You're going to stick with it long term? Do you want to stick with it?
Speaker 4: I want to have it in the background, like going long term, souse. I want to experience those those highs that you've all talked about, but annoyingly like bloody by the time I can go back to the South. I don't know how much trial is. It's a month long trial right forever?
Speaker 1: No, it's forever.
Speaker 4: Oh okay, And like I sound fine, Yeah, I got I got pinged boys by the NHS to say that I came in close contact with someone with COVID and my test is next, which is fine. Obviously that's great, but like the rules in the UK right now are so weird where it's like the government one day says make sure that you absolutely self isolate, and then they're getting rid of that rule from Monday if you're double jabbed. But then they're like, oh, but the NHS is very backed up, so maybe don't go out. So I'm just going to ride out like the full isolation period. But it's like very weird.
Speaker 1: It's so it's we were talking about this earlier. It's no wonder that no one takes that shit seriously here because the government is like, hey, make sure you isolate, but do what you want.
Speaker 4: Yeah, when you download that app which like tells you when you come in close contact with people who've had COVID, it goes, don't worry. You're under no legal obligation to download this app or even abide by it.
Speaker 2: But that's weird. Do you have to take that up with like Boris Johnson or something? Do we do we have to fight Bojo Bojo the Bozoojo, BoJack Horseman.
Speaker 4: Joe the Clown. Uh No, I mean, I don't know, I'm just I'm just like Mum and I isolating. We're watching, uh, watching a lot of property shows and with me playing the sims at the same time. It's having It's just a lot of inspiration really, so.
Speaker 2: You're prepared when you come back to the bait. Are okay? Now I can afford this two million dollar house.
Speaker 4: If not, at least I know how to decorate it with things I inevitably will buy from Facebook Marketplace.
Speaker 1: What else? Is there anything else that you've been playing experiencing.
Speaker 4: I will I will pass this along because pass because John, you've seen the other thing that what I have seen, which sounds that's a really weird link.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry. It's like you both witnessed the crime and now you're going to this is Russam Luke.
Speaker 3: You say, right, I've seen the crime. That is the suicide Squad, which isn't a crime at all. Well, I mean, I guess they they're committing crimes. No, well they did commit crimes. Actually no, they commit hell of crimes in that in that movie. I am curious what you all thought of it, those of you have seen it, because I fucking loved it.
Speaker 4: Because I was like, oh no, I really really liked it.
Speaker 3: I loved it. It's maybe one of my favorite movies I've seen in like a hot minute, Like I absolutely adored it, and I think the reason why is because it is just unapologetically a dreams Gun movie. First, like, as someone who's like familiar with his older work like Super and Slithers, I was like, this is just like DC just gave no ship and just said told him do whatever you want, man, like our our DC universes and shatters the last suicide Squad. It's terrible. Just just make it whatever you want. And I think that's what made me, Like I I liked it more in retrospect, like I really like the Guardians movies, but I think I like this more than those movies because because I think I think for me, those movies still got that they got the James Gun brand on them, but I and I think they wouldn't. I don't think they would work without James Gun, but they kind of got that Marvel stank all over them.
Speaker 4: They have the sheen of Ye Disney.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean, like you know, like the villain like Rodan from the first one, like anyone to remember Rodan, and like you know, just yeah, some of like that Marvel stuff that kind of creeps in there because you're like, ah, right, this is like that Disney Marvel Sheen where Dan Isn't that the villain from from Guardians? That's that's the name. That's how much I about him. You've been playing system.
Speaker 1: I was like, how the fuck did the Kaiju roll down uppear in that movie? And I did not even see him? But yeah, I get what you mean, Ronan the Accuser le Pace Lee pace h Yeah.
Speaker 3: But you know what movie does have a giant Kaiju esque monster and at the end suicide Squad uh uh. Yeah. It's it's just it's so weird and it's so like, it's such a breath of fresh air I feel like in the current landscape of comic movies because it's like it's unapologetically like I said, it's not apologtically James Gunn, which means it's hell of violent. It's got this very bizarre, weird sense of humor. It's and it's mostly character driven, which is what I really liked about it is it's like that movie's best moments are just when the characters are just like talking with each other and interacting, and it like, you know, fuses with the fight scenes in a way that are like clever like something that that's kind of a problem with certain like Marvel or big budget movies is like a lot of times they like do the fight scenes independently from the actual like script writing. So it's like, ah, we went and shot this fight scene, and then we like went and penned the movie over here, and then we found a way to merge the two together, and so like that's how you get this weird like disconnected where the fight scenes just kind of feel whatever, Like they're like, ah, this is a fight scene, versus like this movie where where every every fight scene felt so it wasn't just a fight scene, but it told you something about the characters. Yeah, Like there's this amazing scene where Edris Elba's character, who is so good in this movie.
Speaker 4: He's really good in this movie.
Speaker 3: I was that he was extremely hot in this movie.
Speaker 4: Is like wow, Lucy James, no, no, sod wow, He's when he's good, he's really good. But sometimes he phones it the fuck in Like whatever.
Speaker 3: That's start.
Speaker 4: That Star Trek movie he was in was shocking, But then like.
Speaker 2: What's the fifth Star Trek?
Speaker 3: Was it the third one? Because I didn't see that one so because I don't even remember.
Speaker 4: It was Beyond Day, Beyond Beyond, Yeah, Star Trek Beyond.
Speaker 2: He Wow, he's on.
Speaker 1: I g he's on the film.
Speaker 4: He phoned it in and like I thought, he phoned it in a little bit, and like Jungle Book as well, and there was something else he was in. I was like, come on, but then he kept wow.
Speaker 2: Respects.
Speaker 4: He was so good in this. I thought he was so good in.
Speaker 1: Have you ever seen that TikTok of someone singing a Jason Drulo song and it's like only only uh, this TikTok is only for Jason would you call it? It's like stitch this, but only do the Jason Drulo bit and like Jason da waiting for this moment, he just goes Jason and then that's it. The other guy sings the rest of it and Jason Derula is in the background. Yes, he's he's good.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah. And other other person I was surprised how good was was John Cena, who I think is like I'm kind of whatever about kind of whatever about John Cena as as those people are as most people are. He's fine, but I'm like, oh, okay.
Speaker 1: He follows me on Twitter for some reason. Really, I have no idea what.
Speaker 3: I can't say anything.
Speaker 1: I can't talk about Johnson might be listening.
Speaker 3: But yeah, I've always thought he's kind of whatever and all his acting stuff. I'm like, he's fine. I guess I don't know, like you know, he's No, He's not the Rock, That's what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: Interesting, Interesting you would say that, say that. Did you see that tweet from Dave Bautista the other day about so like he quote quote tweets it and it's like a tweet that's just shitting on a bunch of other wrestling actors and it's like, really weird. I'm trying to find it now. But DA on Twitter is like maximum spicy, like he is also homies with jam Yeah he really yeah, hell yeah. I love the fact that I'm trying to find it. But it's basically like people shipping on The Rock and John Cena and saying like they're just bad actors or they only do comedy stuff, and Dave Bautista is the only w w E wrestler to come out and is actually a good actor, and like his Cord tweet is basically the equivalent of him quote tweeting it with facts and is like holy ship brutal. I think he might have deleted it by now.
Speaker 4: But too spicy.
Speaker 1: I don't know if I entirely disagree either, Like the man is amazing asn't like he's right, Like he's the best WW actor that has come out of it.
Speaker 3: I would agree, I would agree blade Runner, Yeah yeah, blade Runner, like he he can, he can do all all the different facets in a way.
Speaker 2: We're like, isn't.
Speaker 4: He He's gonna be in June Dune, sorry Dune June.
Speaker 1: I was like, okay, so here's the tweets someone that that that like. I had a bunch of people, including w W E on Fox and said, well, Batista is the only one that can act. He's actually challenged himself in different roles and worked with great directors. The rock is a muscled up Tony Robbins. Sina has found a good comedy stick that works for him to be fair, but not a great actor by any stretch. And then, and then, and then Dave Bautista Cord tweeted it with tiptoes in and whispers, just dropping this off, not trying to stir anything up. Just want to leave this hair and be on my way. Carry on. Oh he's like, God, damn, you hate to see this, but shit.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but John Cena is great in it.
Speaker 3: He's great. He's great, and I think they they've found the right role where he like plays the right He's just awkward enough. There's something about the way he's portrayed where he's he's got this like level of awkwardness that I think can almost feel like bad acting. But it's just like the way his character is and like it writes this weird line where like it totally works, and I hear it's like it works maybe because it's John Cena too as well.
Speaker 1: Like I don't know he's embodying, it seems because he plays like a military kind of person, doesn't he He's peacemaker yea. And like that character, that character is getting his own spin off, John Cena as that character in a series I believe on HBO. But like it makes sense because in wrestling he played a white rapper for a really long time and like it was weird and awkward and like really made it work, and then went into what like the All American Wrestler where he was like very militaristic and and like saluting the flag before doing like parle drivers and shit like that. So like it makes perfect sense that he would now be played Peacemaker, who's basically a combination of the those two roles, awkward and very militarist.
Speaker 3: So I don't know of a of a spinoff would work because I think part of the reason, I mean, what else Now it's not out yet, so who knows. But I think part of the reason it works is because like he's playing that like you know, oh, I love freedom and I'm I'm just doing what I think is right. And then like you just have Edred's elbow just being like, shut the fuck up, dude. So it's like it's really good. Their chemistry is a huge part of work.
Speaker 1: How is Joel Kineman in it? Because I really like Joel Kinnerman.
Speaker 4: I really like I thought it was good.
Speaker 1: But he's he's he's like hit and missing so many things. Like there's episodes of keep forgetting what it's called the TV show now, the TV show that we didn't breakdowns on for many many Yeah, that's the one I keep my brain always. Whenever I try and remember the name of that show, my brain goes. It's called Binary domain and it's not called binary and Harry told me that is a different thing. But like he there's episodes of that where he's amazing and there's episodes where he's absolutely atrocious. So I don't know where I stand on Joe Kinneman, but I think he's a very very handsome man.
Speaker 3: I love uh Rick Flaggan there one.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's because he's.
Speaker 3: So unforgettable or so forgettable and that that first uh yea, he was like yeah, whatever, Yeah, he works. I think mostly because of the like the script takes him in a direction where like he starts off very like like generic, you know, leader of the squad, like you know, Rick flag like whatever, but like they kind of give him, uh like a like a motivation to do like that I think kind of like humanizes him and makes you root for him, and so like you you are invested in like him at the end in a way that I didn't expect. He's not like the best character in the movie, but like by the end, I was like, ah, damn, you kind of made me care about Rick flag Ship.
Speaker 1: Yeah, how is my boy? The one? Nonnie king Shock.
Speaker 3: He's the best, He's the absolute best, everyone's the best, but King Shark is he's so good.
Speaker 1: I've read a lot of Suicidis Squad in my time, and the King Shark stuff is always the best stuff because he's like he's the X factor in any scenario where it's like in the middle of a conversation, he'll be like, I'm just gonna eat this person and it will just gobble down a person and like.
Speaker 3: Yep, there's a lot of that. Yeah, I'm not sure how he's portrayed. In the comics. He's he's a little more like slower in this movie. I guess like he's you know, he doesn't like talk as much. He's very very simple, simple words.
Speaker 1: Oh okay. In the comics, he's he's very much aware that he's a shark, so he will he's like constantly referring to the fact that he's a shark, and he knows that because he's a shark, he's superior to most other beings around him, and we'll take advantage of the fact that he's a shark. We're very sharp teeth. He's not terribly smart, but like he This is my favorite scene is when he's like about to start a fight and he's just walking towards his enemy and shouting I'm a shark, I'm a shark. I'm a fucking shark. And it's just like.
Speaker 3: Amazing there is there's definitely like that kind of energy where there is like they'll be fighting a bunch of people and you know, everyone's just like trying to shoot everyone with guns and he's just running straight at them, just hands out and it's just like, what are you going to do? He's freaking king shark and he's coming right at you like you are going to die, and it is It's exactly what you want out of that character.
Speaker 1: It's very very cute, fantastic.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he's terrible. Yeah, no, I think they nailed every character. Harley Quinn's great as Margot Robbie nails it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, there's an amazing throwback to Birds of Prey with like in particular fight scene and it's very very well done.
Speaker 3: Yeah, her fight, her standout fight scene is like they turn they turned Harley Quinn into like John Wick in that fight scene, Like it's so good. Yeah.
Speaker 1: James Gunn modeled that version of Harleyquin off the ukham City version of Harlequin.
Speaker 2: Really shit.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, he likes he likes that version that's a good fact. Yeah, Oh that's why I think I'm going to go and try see it's out here on like The Green Night, which fucking pisses me off, Whereas I'm so mad that I can't watch The Green Knight, but that is out here. I just need to. I'm still very like nervous about going to theaters, even more so in this country where everyone like he's got to head up their ars and they're just being idiots. So I'm you know, I this is the only this is the first time I've been like so up for being like the all digital future where if they just make everything available day one at a higher price, I would pay it, because these are the first two movies that have come out that have been like, oh those two movies Two Sides Word and Green Night, where I've been like I would have paid twenty pounds for that. I wouldn't for Black Woodow and I still haven't, but like I would have paid for those.
Speaker 3: Yeah, do you not have access to HBO Max. There is like the licensing different in the UK.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we don't have that hair in the same way.
Speaker 4: It's on Oh wait did it did it ever launch?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 4: Because I mean HBO stuff is on now TV.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, and yeah, it's the whole Like movie system is different here where I don't know because of the size of the country and that kind of stuff. I think people are more likely to wait and to release their movies then force it through because marketing is so North America's center centered. But it is mad that The Green Knight, based on you know, Arthurian Legend, which is British, is not available in the UK to watch, but it is in America. British actor Dev Patel like, come on, get get a grip everywhere.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm really bummed about that one.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you want to watch it. It's got like every time I see it, because firstly it was sold as like this is Dark Soles the movie twenty four and in like every poster I see of it, I'm like this, I want every single one of the posters because they look so good. But I'm hoping there's a scene where Dev Patel just furiously rolls through a room full of pots. Otherwise it's gonna be But yeah, anything else Joan nick uh No.
Speaker 3: I downloaded like four indie games on my switch yesterday, but I haven't I haven't actually played any of them because I got switched again. I got too many dang video games going on.
Speaker 2: How's brinks is good?
Speaker 3: She did throw up on the table right here, We're not one hundred percent sure. I mean, so when we got her, Jenn and Max were just like, yeah, she throws up a lot, that's just a thing. And I'm like, we're like, oh, okay, And sure enough, she loves to throw up specifically under the bed, which is like cool on the carpet, under the bed, the worst, the worst spot. Yeah, appreciate that. What is fine, But we're just like, you know, uh, not one hundred percent sure what it is, because sometimes it seems hairball related. But then yesterday, like literally I was just sitting here at my desk and then I just turn and I see her just like doing this like like muscle spasm wretching, and I was like, oh shit. I just like like she started throwing up, and then she threw up a little bit, and then she turned around and like stuck her head like behind the computer to like throw up again. And I was like, absolutely had to, like shit, move her on the on the ground. And that one seemed like not to get into it, but it was like a little more like liquidy yellowy, And I was like, oh, no, like baby, are you okay? But she seems she's doing fine.
Speaker 1: I mean, does she eat quickly?
Speaker 3: No, so actually kind of the opposite. Well, it depends. Sometimes she'll just go in there and like scarf it down. Other Times she'll take her paw and she'll scoop up her food and look it off her paw, lady, And I'm like, as so cute. I have a video for doing that. I'll I'll send to.
Speaker 1: You if if it brings you any measure of solace. Kiki is a big throw up her as well.
Speaker 2: She does the same oka she quicker throw her up.
Speaker 1: She she she's throwing up at least once a day with a banter, and she's doing it like purely that she's not sick. She'll throw up and then just casually walk awayd and be fine.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, like threw up and we're sitting there like, oh gosh, you okay, and then she just like loo.
Speaker 1: Yeah. And for me, I think it's because she eats too quickly, because Kiki is also like a very like fucking she is all about eating constantly. She if you, if you, if you're eating. She's watching you eat if she she can hear her food packet from like two floors away, and she's just all about eating. I have to when I'm giving her food, I have to trap her in a room so I can give the other one food first, because because she will eat her mom's food before her mom can get to it, so I have to like, yeah, I have to like trap her in a room, feed the other one, then go into that room and feed Kiki. But like because of that, she would just eat. She eats super quickly and will throw up all the time for fun. But yeah, my Kiki, she she doesn't like scoop it. She like picks up the food in her mouth and then puts it on the floor. So so she takes it out of the plate and then puts it on the floor and then eats it. I'm like, what are you doing that for a little seasoning? Yeah, she like pick a bit up, put on the floor, eat it and then pick anop it up, put on the floor, look at it for a second, eat it, and I'm like, oh my god, it's cute.
Speaker 4: I remember what I used to do to food when I was a kid, Like I would only ever eat kit cats. I would bite the chocolate off both like both ends, and then I would meticulously take the chocolate off every side. I like saying it now I sound like a serial killer. No, that is mad behavior, trying to connect with your cat man.
Speaker 1: That is when you have food, and also extremely bored, because that is when you're a kid.
Speaker 4: I mean they used to, I mean they used to think I had OCD as a child because I was so meticulous about how I ate. I don't think I do. I think I just have very I'm just very anxious, and I think it's a child that would manifest. Is like taking immense amounts of control over my food. I used to eat in like a specific order. I used to only eat on one side of my mouth for some reason, I don't know why.
Speaker 1: I had a phase where, for some reason, when I was taking crisps out of a packet, I would try not to let my fingers touch the sides of the packet when I was trying to get one out, which is like again mad behavior. But like I think, yeah, it was like operation where like you try and like like almost like doing limbo, like trying and pull it out without touching, letting your fingers touch the foil on the way out.
Speaker 2: Oh well, that's that's just like you know, that's I feel like everyone does that to some degree. You don't want to get you don't get the dust on your on your fingers. No, I think I'll have to.
Speaker 1: I think I just created like a minigame because I was that bored.
Speaker 2: You create games with your food. Like every time I have like a plate of food, it's always like rice and then meating vegetables, and I'm like, okay, it has to be very like portion wise, so like when I'm done, the last bite is perfectly proportioned as well, and I would eat from the outside going in. And there's like, I don't know, always create games with yeah, fucking eat.
Speaker 4: So I don't know, Homo ludens. What just again? Could you joge to warn us, Homo sapiens, Homo ludens? Because people who play.
Speaker 1: People who play with their food the brain. I mean, you should always have a gam It's because it's because of abandoned, isn't.
Speaker 2: It fucking here?
Speaker 1: Even my favorite thing about it is the amount of copy and people are taking right now because it's like, no, it's real, it's gonna show up I'm just like podcast man.
Speaker 3: What was it on their website? It was called.
Speaker 2: Like hold on, They're not Silent Hill dot com.
Speaker 3: No, no, it was like this insane. Uh, the real time patch, the real time Experience patch has been delayed to the technical issues.
Speaker 1: Who the what the what.
Speaker 2: Do you actually publish on this?
Speaker 3: I have?
Speaker 1: I have the app downloaded, and it blows my mind. I did the big question of this is the whole thing is the most annoying thing that has ever happened to video game? I think one of the most annoying things. And it's happening at a time where people are more ridiculous and more crazy than ever where they will they Yeah, they're more bored than ever. So like when I was I remember I tweeted a couple of weeks back where I was like, this is this. This isn't Kajima because it's fully amateur hour and Kajima has got a little more talent than that. When he pulls this ship off, this wacky shit, he knows what he's doing. This is sounds. He doesn't leave trails, no, he just this. This is just like making up as you go along and fucking up every step of the way. And I was like, also, this is this is like really fucking annoying as well, So like if he was Kajima was marketing a game, it would just piss everyone off. The amount of people had replied to me in defense of it and be like big mad that I was upset about it. I was like, what are you talking? Why are you You are ridiculous, You are of your mind? Why are you defending this? And why are you so into this thing that doesn't exist? And it is genuinely people think that it's either Silent Hill, a new Metal Gear, or the best game ever. Like the amount of replies that I've seen to like the new delay on that patch that I like, take your time. We all know this is going to be the best video game experience that's been ever created. I'm like, based on what? Why is that based on? Because what you've had is delays to is something that doesn't exist.
Speaker 3: That delays for the app for your trailer? Is that what it is?
Speaker 1: The big the big question mark is why is Sony attached to this? Like why at any point did Sony attach themselves to this? Because it's so weird, like they like, I bet you there's got to be a reason for it. But I bet you the people that Sony are like, do not fucking mention us ever again, because we will. We will send a fucking astro bought assassin to your house.
Speaker 3: I mean, their their their logo weirdly looks like the the like Sony Studios the PlayStation studios logo even as like the same font people, which is like more like that's not like, that's just weird to me of like what do you like? Everything about it screams like like we're trying to We're trying to emulate what like a professional video game company does, like without any understanding of how to actually do it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well the studio is actually one man and like seven farmyard animals.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Like there's this might sound really mean, but there's like I'm getting like big, like Tommy wisou energy from all this.
Speaker 1: No, Tommy released a trailer for his game, for his for his movie, for his movie Sorry like he released. He released a trailer for The Room, and then he released a movie, The Room, And then he put a billboards for the movie The Room. True he did, and then there was a movie based on the making of.
Speaker 4: So he also magically made six million dollars that no one can figure out how he made it to make the room in the first place.
Speaker 1: Real talk, though, like Tommy, clearly incapable of making a movie a good movie, lagged his way through it. Still though, put the movie out and it banged and it succeeded. This Hassan carman dude clearly no ability to make a game based on what we've seen, blagged his way through it and hasn't produced anything. So in the ranking, Tommy, what's so number one is what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: I feel bad for the guy, but it's also just like I don't understand what he's promising or what this thing is, and it's it's annoying because it's like everyone thinks it's the new consumer thing when it's just I'm so, I just want it over what it is.
Speaker 1: All I'm saying is I've seen scammers and cultists deliver their pitch with more certainty and more detail than this man has delivered his video game pitch. That's all I'm saying.
Speaker 2: Listen, nobody knows what it is, but it's provocative.
Speaker 4: I mean, it's got us talking talking.
Speaker 5: Yeah, he's gone us, Michael, Uh, he's rustled us Michael, get us away from here, tell us about or something like that.
Speaker 2: I am on a journey to play every single Final Fantasy Hell yeah, God, for some reason I started. I've been replaying eight real quick because it's on game Pass the remaster, and uh there's let's see. I played Final Fantasyes seven, eight and nine and four and six when I was very young and then so when I think back to those games, I can't really remember what happened to them. I remember squall, I remember like, yo, Renaul she was she was like she was no, But it's deeper than that. Listen. She set the tone for the type of girl I'm attracted to. Yeah, I was like that way, she's the one, and ever since I just realized that I've always been chasing her in my life. So shouts out to my partner right now and then.
Speaker 1: No often, but I've not quest this. You don't like a teacher with.
Speaker 2: Oh yo yo she Oh my god, yo dog five. Fantasy eight is just.
Speaker 1: This is this is this is an interesting this is an interesting, potentially weird place we can go. But let's go there. Video games, video game characters that may have defined your taste in in partners. Yeah, yo, because you've said Reno, say what you need to say about christ the Queen.
Speaker 2: Like quis uh uh god, she's bad. But like I also realized I was, like, damn, I guess there was a point when I was into I was into white girls, Like damn. Maybe I don't know, because to be honest, Renaula looks like she's at least like Asian American.
Speaker 1: Yeah, she's Asian.
Speaker 2: I will claim her like we on the behalf of Asian Americans, we claim Renolanka.
Speaker 1: As a South Asian American, a South Asian person. I appreciate that you've done this because it makes.
Speaker 2: Me, oh my god. But anyway, if I'm a fantasy a, oh man, it's it's I'm still early into my replay and I'm like, damn, everything looks familiar, but I don't. It's just a really weird phenomenon. Like I remember blue fields, I remember this map, I remember where to go, I remember these backgrounds, what places look like. I just don't remember what happened. I was like, Damn, Squall was really a dickhead.
Speaker 3: Sucks.
Speaker 2: It sucks. And so the thing for me is like does he I can't remember if he ever grows up like he does.
Speaker 3: But it kind of it kind of and that's what frustrated me because I played it for the first time this year and I ended up not really like making it. And a lot of it was that I found a lot of the characterizations to be annoying, like where it's like, oh, I get where they're coming from, Like I get I get all these characters, and like, yeah, there are some characters that I did really like, but like, yeah.
Speaker 2: Like he's that type, he's your the right hand man who he's of the Final Fantasy.
Speaker 1: Also this type, he's every other character they tried to do like Edgy more grounded, like teen style thing because that was what was popular around the time eight was coming out. It's very much like the Twilight era of characters even though but like Zell is the only one who's like old school Final Fantasy where he's still an anime archetype. He loves to eat and punching.
Speaker 3: Him and Selfie are like a good I think I think they kind of yeah like anime levity to it and like but yeah, like squall Man like because like half that.
Speaker 2: Game is hot and he's got a sick jacket and a sick gun. Blade but sure, you know, like you're a douchebag bro.
Speaker 4: But also, David Borianna has played school in Kingdom Hearts.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's true introduction to him. That's actually a really good casting too, to be fair, that's a good choice. But like half that game is Squall's inner monologue, and it's either him just being like, oh I hate everyone and you're like, shut the fuck up, or then like later when he like turns around, it's him being like he'll be like, oh, fuck you guys, and then he'll be like, actually, I really care, but I just don't want to say it, and I'm like, shut the fuck up. Annoying ship.
Speaker 1: Like the support is good. At least Renault is great. I mean, I wish Renault wouldn't spend so much time being hung up on Squall, Like.
Speaker 2: But damn, this is just how life is.
Speaker 1: That's that's life. Yeah, sometimes the dickhead the ship one gets all the attention from the hoty, from the baddie.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, damn, like U shit, Yeah, I'm I'm gonna see it all the way through because like I know, I feel like I have to. I'm enjoying it though, like it's it's really weird, like going back. So I was talking about this on the Optional podcast. I shouts out to my boy pal, to myle and like, I don't know, there's a lot of themes that you just don't pick up on when you play games earlier in your life. And then so for me, when I played it, I was like ten years old, and all the characters to me like, oh, they're grown ups. They should have they probably have everything figured out. And now I'm thirty, my early thirties now and I'm playing this, I'm like, damn, like these motherfuckers is young and like think about bell and Bellen Garden and just like I was like, damn, like these these characters at a young age are forced into a military academy to be elite soldiers. This possibly can't blow up in their face haha. And that just never occurred to me when I played it. When I was SANS, I was like, Oh, cool junction system, Oh cool looking characters who were grown ups who do like summoned shit all the time, because that game is like you just fucking spam summons the whole time. So I think I thank the Lord for giving us a three times like speed boost to speed through the garden force spells that you spam all like ten times during a battle, which looked cool, but after one hundred time, you know, But yeah, it's there's just a lot of things I'm picking up on themes and story bits that just like you see with a lot more clarity, because who the fuck at ten years old understand.
Speaker 3: Cannot imagine a ten year old ten year old me would not.
Speaker 2: I can't imagine a ten year old understanding the fucking junction system. But I did, and I'm like, yeah, I'm moll the fuck. Like everyone everyone now is like, oh my god, kids these days they play Fortnite, they're so good at video games. Like bitch, I was good at video games at ten. I figure out the junction.
Speaker 1: You haven't lived until you just fucking grinded the heel spells, just storing them up before a boss fight. Fucking draw system. Junction system, junction system. Like before we move on, we're not getting away from the whole What video game character gave you the gave you the hearts back in the day.
Speaker 3: Another one, I'll volunteer, I'll start. I mean, for me, it was it was Chia was my first first love. That it's it's it's so funny because like when Georgia started dating me, she knew, she knew, like Chia was my girl. She was like she got like real, like all right, I can see what this Chia is all about, Like what she got that I don't. She's like, I don't get her. I don't like chi A like, don't I'll get these annoying She's annoying. She talked about kung Fu, and Georgia started.
Speaker 1: Just kicking the ship out of Everyone was right, yeah, oh is it both here? Oh yeah? Yeah.
Speaker 2: How old were you when you played twelve? You must have been and you're already a team.
Speaker 1: I mean, like it's the same. It taste, tastes keep on changing, like it could be someone.
Speaker 4: It was two thousand and six that came out to six, I've would have.
Speaker 3: Been like fifteen Bastilla nice sald Republic, like mad in love with her Holy ship.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I thinking about like thinking about like video game dudes, because I like, there's a point in my life when I just played like a lot of shooters and there's like all big bad military man and I'm like, yeah, I really missed Captain Price.
Speaker 3: You.
Speaker 1: I love the idea of how I'm playing like countlesstriping, just seeing two arms jumping, like, damn, those are some nice arms, got veins. I never seen his face or his buddy, but damn.
Speaker 2: That's how shallow I think for for dudes the Steiner fro.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, relaxed, Oh my guy, I don't know.
Speaker 2: It's hard to find dudes lock from Final fans. Come on, I can get that. I can get down some pixels, like I'm fine.
Speaker 1: With that Terra to snake easy. I can that that is that is a that is a good looking man. Fat Joe Valentine was one of mine. I was like, damn, Joe's got it going on. She knows have to deal with some Leon's pretty good as well.
Speaker 3: Yeah Leon and.
Speaker 1: Leon.
Speaker 3: Yeah she has some mad crush on Leon.
Speaker 1: But yeah, I don't know if like Jill in any way defined like who I look for because she.
Speaker 3: Didn't really have a personality.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, anyone that looks like Jill Valentine, I would you look like Joe Valentine? Here here your boy?
Speaker 4: Oh you know?
Speaker 2: For me all too also was eight to one.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Resident Evil got a lot of got a lot of fine ladies, and like.
Speaker 2: There might be Zo tis over the place. But everyone's hot.
Speaker 1: Everyone's hot. Yeah, put some respect on Barry, Yeah, Nemesis, look at that lad, Oh babies.
Speaker 2: People into monsters. I respect.
Speaker 1: I'm surprised there hasn't been any like mass effect characters or like, oh, I mean.
Speaker 4: It would be Garris for carrying Garris. Yeah, but you know that's two thousand and seven.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I feel like I I think I might have moved on to hand Tie by that. Oh fucking I think I really really not related to hand Tie. I really like Hinata from.
Speaker 1: Oh Yeah, Yeah, she was like really sweet. Yeah she was she was nice. Oh she likes more yeah crows.
Speaker 3: Because I was like, yeah, I want to girl kick my ass.
Speaker 2: I just removed soccer.
Speaker 1: Oh okay, you love girls that are like ask kickers, don't you interesting? Yeah? I just remember Mark from the First Dragon.
Speaker 3: Mine was Alistair.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but he's his voice is wrong in Oh is It Color?
Speaker 1: He's wrong in.
Speaker 4: Still Safe.
Speaker 2: There's kind of like Zell. He's kind of like.
Speaker 3: That sweet boys, just an idiot.
Speaker 1: I just remember, like firstly back in the Day Lady from Devil Mike cry three. Let's get modern day like Final Fantasy seven remake teetha. I'm trying to get to John beat my Ass.
Speaker 2: Seven remake Barrett, like when he takes off his his song glass when he like, I don't like his sunglasses. I think they're like very like, like you need to get rid of those sunglasses. It looks like a w W wrestler when he takes when he takes him off, like his eyes.
Speaker 3: When he's when he's when he's caring for his his daughter's.
Speaker 1: Yeah, anyways, that's enough for the first section. You've been playing Halo as well, right.
Speaker 2: I say really quickly. I remember why I don't play competitive games anymore. Halo is great, but goddamn, do I get frustrated. I'm playing a lot of Pokemon Unite, and that's also like between Halo and Pokemon Unite, I think my blood pressure is back to what it should be, like it's normal again because I have low blood pressure, so maybe these games are actually helping me in some sort of way. But I just get so fucking heated, like I'll do okay, but oh god, I just Halo's great.
Speaker 3: I just Halo.
Speaker 2: I don't know. I didn't playing Mass Chief Collection because I just want to download it because I like set up my Xbox with like my old TV in my room. So I was like, oh, I'm gonna play. I want to play some Xbox video games like Infinite was the beta was Pomb, but I didn't get in it, and so I was like, I just want to play MCC real quick. And I'm like, I just keep playing. And I played for like three hours and like I maybe had like twenty percent of time I was having like a good time. The other eighty percent, I was just like, man, fuck this game, but I'm gonna play another match.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I feel you on match.
Speaker 2: I used to be nice. I used to be nice in Halo. Halo two and three, I was I was nice with it, but I don't know. And then so I was like, I was like maybe it's controller. So then downloaded on my PC because the game passed, you know, I get on my Xbox and get on my PC, same subscription. So I'm playing with keyboard and mouse, and I'm like, this is a lot better and maybe I'll just keep playing.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I had the same thing when I was playing Infinite like I can't deal with these days. I think I'm more comfortable with games where the time to kill is really really really like low like if you one shot kills, I'm okay with like stuff like I can't strike.
Speaker 2: It's that valerie.
Speaker 1: That valerie and that kind of stuff I really struggle with, Like you've got to shoot through a shield and then you gotta go through their health and they can put a shield up, and I'm just like kill me. I just hate it.
Speaker 2: There's a very specific way to play Halo.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you run towards them, hold down the fire button, and then when you arrange melee and if they somehow get away from you, throw a grenade at the ground so it bounces in front of them and then jump.
Speaker 2: Away you And if you have higher ping than them, good luck. Good luck, yeah, because they will bail you first.
Speaker 1: Even though they didn't the Infanebato was actually pretty good for that, like they it didn't have that vacuum effect on the melee where you just need to be somewhere near them and it would just like pull you in towards them. Now, it's like because I was playing it like that and so like I'm out there looking like a fucking clown, just melee in the middle, and I think it would like draw me in. Yeah, just like bots looking at me, like what a fucking idiot and just like shooting me. The bots in that game are like programmed to be dickheads, like they are. Firstly, you get.
Speaker 4: Tea bag you, they won't tea bag you.
Speaker 1: Some of them will, yeah, some of them apparently will. Now they won't apparently, but yeah, like some of those bots were ruthless. I was like, holy ship. And then so some of them are like walking into a wall and shooting throwing grenades at their own feet and you're like, what's going on here? But yeah, I played that bit and it was a lot of fun, honestly, But beyond that, I'm I'm not going to really take up any time. I'm playing the same things as I was last time talking about a fin of Fantasy, playing the Forgotten City very slowly because I'm really enjoying that game so so good. It's got one of those things where you know in a in like Skyrim or Oblivion, where you're playing the game you're like, yep, Fantasy, high Fantasy, and then you start a quest line, which is like, oh, this is very different and very strange, and there's like weird occult shit happening here, and the Mark of the all the strangers sending you like, oh is it was it? You started getting like messages from in Skyrim the Dark Brotherhood stuff.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Like I got to a bit in the Forgotten City where I encountered that kind of thing and I was like, oh, this is so good.
Speaker 4: I really want to play that after I finished Death Store, that's my next.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, and then I'm playing I'm streaming out all wild still and it is phenomenal. It continued to shirt yeah, shirt yeah shirt. So I was streaming yesterday and I am came and hung out in the in the chat and I was like, it was a good time. It was a lot of fun. Like we we we started streaming. I played only like an hour of the game because like Joey Noel showed up and she was like, please show me the cat and then we played with the cat for like forty minutes on stream.
Speaker 2: And oh my gosh, it was over from there. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Someone's like I I added the textas speech thing on donations for for the thing, and someone like did the texta speech for me? And it was like someone typed in the words hey, Kiki. I was like, I'll do that, and I turned around and did it. And she like immediately responded. It was like all over me. I was like, this is but yeah, those are those are the games that I'm playing, same old, same what. I'm hoping that I can finish Death Door and Forgotten City this weekend and start something new. I need to finish Mass Fact three as well, because I'm supposed to be on a podcast about that very soon. But yeah, that's start on that. As Michael Hyan would say, yep, We're gonna head over to listener questions. If you want to send us a listener question, you can email us at after that podcast at GameSpot dot com, or join our discord by dming me or Lucy and we'll do a quick background check on you to make sure you know or wrong, and then give you a little invite. First question comes from Trusty patch notes. Lucy, can you read that please?
Speaker 4: She said, Crewe. What is a game that you expected would be right up your alley but just didn't click with you? For example, Enter the Gungeon definitely checks all the right boxes for me, but I'm just not having fun playing it.
Speaker 1: I have I have one that is going to upset at going to be spicy. It is spicy. I've been I've made peace with this near Automata. Oh, everyone knows the kind of games that I like. That should be a game I adore, it should be. There's something about it that I just do not find enjoyable to play, and I think I think it is the quest design kind of, but it's also it's like a little bit. Firstly, I think that game has the most phenomenal soundtrack in video game history. Like the soundtrack, it's fucking incredible. I love the character design like I love to be nine s all the characters, yes, Michael. Another one that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I can't remember who exactly what it was, may I think it might may have been to be No. That made me realize that it's my tastes in anime girls specifically, is that anime girls with with with gray hair?
Speaker 1: Yep ye.
Speaker 2: For me? I was especially especially if it's like short hair anime girl with gray gray white, platinum colored hair. See, that's for me.
Speaker 1: I was like, I was thinking the same thing most of the way that game. I was like, I really like the Zeno TV and like she's very attractive as well, And then the moment A two showed up, I was like, fuck to be I am all about a two yo.
Speaker 2: Damn.
Speaker 3: It must be a thing for me too, because literally every custom character I ever make has like white short hair.
Speaker 4: Mine is not mine is not white short hair. Mine is like every time I make a custom character, every time I make a sim it is always the red hair, green eyes that I always go for, and they are usually some kind of bullshit stealth archer depending on what I'm playing. But yeah, I feel out numbered here with you.
Speaker 2: Sorry.
Speaker 1: Narro Automata is one game that there's something about the esthetic, like the grayness of it, which I understand why it's that way, and something about the combat and the quest design just didn't click with me in a in a really enjoyable way. I think partly it's the it's the kind of like the shooty part of it.
Speaker 2: Oh those are that's good.
Speaker 1: No, No, not that part, not the actual like when it flips to a bullet hell shooter, the fact that you've got the little robot I forgot it's called now Pod. Yeah, Pard, I found to be a bit annoying, and like the story, the characterization, love everything about it except for the bit where I play it, which is like really hard to like really reconcile because I want to experience that game again, but I know that I don't want to play it. So I just listened to the music and look at pictures of a two.
Speaker 2: It's good man, So actually bouncing off like tasting characters again. This this relates to my answer is Tales of Brasaria. No, No, Tales of Bara, Tales of Vesperia. So I got the the remaster came out a couple of years ago, and I was like, yo, I played Tales of Sifonio when I was like twelve or whatever, and I thought that game was dope. Another game that I don't remember shit about because I played it when I was a dumb young baby. But like Tales of Espiria, I was like, yo, this is I can't believe they're doing a remaster. Yeo, this is like one of the best Tail Tail series games. And I didn't I don't have that much experience with the Tail series other than Simphonia back in the day. So I was playing Vesperi and I was like, ah, I give it it like ten hours and it just wasn't clicking. But Urie is that dude? Is that dude? Fine? You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: I was like, oh, this is nice.
Speaker 2: Man, So like he's kind of like my tasting dudes, and you know what related to Near, Like I love Near Automati, I love Near Replicant. Going back to tasting dudes, I actually think O G.
Speaker 1: Dad Near Oh yeah yeah Dad. Weirdly, I like the original need more than I like Automata.
Speaker 2: There are yeah, there are weird things there. There are things that that Replicant does better than Automata, and like vice versa.
Speaker 1: But speaking speaking of tails, we have a preview up on YouTube looking for fresh games of Tales of Arise, which Max PILMOUTHO took a look at and apparently is pretty interesting and good. So if you want to check in on that franchise, there you go.
Speaker 2: But as has a platinum haired boy.
Speaker 1: Yeah exactly, Lucie. Any games that you think that should have been up early but weren't.
Speaker 4: Kingdom Hearts three, oh yeah yeah, never finished it, big fact, never finished it?
Speaker 3: I feel like finished it?
Speaker 4: Did you finish?
Speaker 1: I know I reviewed it? I finished yeah yeah yeah years ago yeaheah yeah. The funny thing is like someone reached out to me. I won't say who reached out to me to be on a Kingdom Hearts panel to be like discuss it, yeah, And my reply to them I was like, politely, I think the story is dogshit and I don't want to talk about it anymore. And I said that politely as someone who loves Kingdom Hearts. I think that where it is now is absolute dogshit and I do don't want anything to do with it, and I'll get some hate for it, but I feel like the Square Enix storytelling and characterization part of Kingdom Hearts has ruined the marts for a lot of people.
Speaker 4: But yeah, yeah, I just I just didn't. I don't know. I think I've outgrown Kingdom Hearts in a lot of ways.
Speaker 1: I think.
Speaker 4: It is just a game that you have to put a lot of mental effort into, which is weird because it's you know, you're hitting, You're playing with Disney characters, hitting little squidgy things with giant keys, like it's it's a weird It's a weird one because there's still like I the first time I played it, you know, I was crying at the title screen music, and there's so much of it. I absolutely love and King of Hearts two will forever be one of my favorite games. But like three, there was just maybe it just felt like I didn't have the rose tinted glasses, was a bit too new and a bit too shiny, and I just didn't feel it didn't make me feel like I was eleven years old again. And that's not the game's fault. That is me just changing who I am as a human being. That's mine.
Speaker 1: Look at the growth, Look at the character there, John Nick.
Speaker 3: Probably hollow Night.
Speaker 2: Oh yes, Jordan, where are you at? Where's Jordan when you need him?
Speaker 3: You got Metroid Vanie, you got Dark Soul's Lore, you got beautiful uh two D hand drawn like in theory. I'm like, oh, this game is absolutely for me. And I just bounced off it so hard. I still want to give it like another shot. So like I'm like, I'm hopeful, I want, I want to love it, but yeah, I don't know, just something about it didn't. It didn't click with me. I don't know if it was just the the difficulty or the the how kind of everything, because it's so dark and like it's beautiful. But after a certain while, I found myself sort of like having difficulty telling things apart within what area and.
Speaker 1: The map system is awful.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean I like what they're trying to do with the map system, where like you intentionally like you don't know where you are and you can like get an upgrade that does tell you where you are, but it takes up a slot. Like there's some cool ideas in there, Like I I that I respect, but I don't know. It's like when I was playing it, if it did anything for me.
Speaker 1: So the thing that I so, I'm exactly the same with you, and I own that game maybe four times, and I tried to force myself into playing it by starting to stream it, and I got like three episodes into that, three streams into that, and I realized just didn't like it. It does. The thing that I dislike about it is it it robs you of one of the most like enjoyable aspects of Metroid venues, which is like exploring an area but also charting that area as you go along. So like in Metroid, like you walk down a walk down a corridor and the map starts to fill out that corridor and you're like, oh, I see where I'm going here, and like you, by the end of a session, you've got like different like a hodgepodge of filled out areas, and it gives you the idea of, you know, I'm going to check that, whereas in Hollow Night you have to like you go through an entire area and then you have to sit at a bench and that's when the map will be like all right, I'm gonna fill this out for you. Oh, and then you have to find a character like hidden in the environment that will sell you a map of an area. I'm just like, I hate that. I really don't like that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I also thought like the whole like you know, go collect your souls when you died thing. I wish that game didn't have that mechanic, if I'm being honest, because something I like about like a like a good metro naanias you can go off in so many different directions that if you get like stuck one place, you could be like, oh, I'll go somewhere else, and like, you know, that game could be really damn hard and some of the bosses to get stuck on and you're like, I want to go, I'll go try a different area and maybe go try a different boss, but the game discourages you from doing that because you're like, well, no, I have to go back to that boss because they have all my dang, I don't know them almost stuff alm the stuffs, and I got to go get it back, so like or like you just have to like decide, like like at some point I would get so frustrated that I'd be like, all right, I'm just gonna I'm gonna go somewhere else. I'm gonna have to abandon my stuff, and like that felt bad and I'm like, I don't know, so yeah, I just.
Speaker 1: Got Carl Urban and Thor Ragnarok going behold my stuff. There's nothing there.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Anyways, that's gonna be for episode one oh six of Games Spot after Dark before we head off. Jean Luke, where can people find you? And what have you been up to?
Speaker 3: You can find me at John League. Sipeke I am. I wrote up a quick, small little video about Split Game. Well, I think that game is pretty dang cool. If you're like Halo, you should check that game out because that game is That game is awesome. For those who don't know, it's basically like a small indie studio made a free to play shooter that's Halo meets Portals and it plays exactly like Halo, but you have everyone has a portal gun and it's as awesome as it sounds. It's really really good. Like it's I've been like introducing it to a lot of people I've been playing with, like Jake and Cally and and I'm always like, hey, you guys gotta try this, and like everyone I get to try is always like, oh, this is like awesome, This is like really really cool. So if you guys haven't checked it out, you should. But yeah, I did a little video on that that should be up. The video is actually edited by our brand new person to the video team, Davante. We'll have to get get him on the podcast at some point for sure, but yeah, yeah that should be DeVante's first video that he's put together that I'm really excited to see. So yeah, definitely check that out.
Speaker 1: Sick awesome. I think it's free in most places as well, so.
Speaker 3: It's a it's one hundred percent free, and it's on Xbox PS four and PC, and it's all cross play, so you can.
Speaker 2: You can play with on PC and Wrexham console.
Speaker 3: Like honestly, I think there is no like way to turn it off, at least on PC, so that half the time I am getting paired with people on console and I am top of the leader board just detroying everyone. It is so much fun, like holy shit, and and so I'm like going off on this game, but like right now, like people don't know how to use the portals that much, so they're just kind of playing it like a shooter. So if you go in on PC you know how to play the portals, you will have such a good time completely reckoned people. I highly get in while the getting is good on that game.
Speaker 4: Wow.
Speaker 2: I can't wait to see what high level competitive play looks like.
Speaker 1: I know, you see what you've been up to where I can people behind you.
Speaker 4: I'm on pre production on a bunch of stuff, so nothing immediately. I don't think they'll be coming out. I went to Lucy James games where because I forgot to mention this like up front and it doesn't really fit in the show at all. But fucking Trevor Moore died last week, and I am still fucking sad. Like I'm I'm never really hit hard by celebrity death, but like Trevor Moore, Yeah, absolutely comedic Genius Whites Kids, you know, was one of those shows that like when I first started using YouTube, because obviously being in the UK we didn't get the show. I would just watch those sketches over and over again, and man, that is super sad. And so I just retweeted a very very good thing that someone did and kind of like pay respects to Trevor Moore, but yeah, send me your favorite whites kids, you know, sketches at Loose Dams Games.
Speaker 2: Michael, you can find me and all my bullshit at Michael p highm on Twitter. And speaking of tasting of video game characters that influenced your tastes in people, shooton Akaiyama from Yakuza. Oh my god, he is I've been on record. I published this on GameSpot dot com saying that shoon A Kayama from the Aux series is the finest video digital man alive alive in video games ever. If you don't know what I'm talking about, look him up and watch his bucking me tie performance, because it is a thing of Oh my god.
Speaker 1: Okay, I can get behind that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and uh, I guess I can say this now at the I will what time does this was? What time does this? Podcast?
Speaker 3: Published Friday Friday, eight am eight am.
Speaker 2: Okay, so the listener is gonna get it in before. If you listen to this, then I guess I should announce that I am gonna be leaving game Spot in two weeks. No, yeah, so damn that that that that's weird to say. Oh shit, Oh it's almost almost five years, coming up on five years. But yeah, I'm gonna be I'm gonna be leaving game Spot on I think I'll talk more about what I'm what I'm doing at a at a later point. But yeah, for the listeners of this, you get a little exclusively.
Speaker 1: Leaving games Spot, but not leaving the game Spot after Dark podcast because we'll have you back on. Hey, that's you know easy.
Speaker 2: I'm not going I'll say is I'm not going far.
Speaker 1: Yeah, not going far. You'll be hanging around, It'll be all right, yep. Meanwhile, you can find me on Twitter at more h where I'm doing stuff, just posting things, just you know, putting words on the internet and hoping for the best. I'm not what my working on. I'm working on you're working on like ten different working on many things and nothing somehow. Yeah, I guess we should plug Born to Run on giant bomb dot com and also the very online show, which is something that Lucy is doing with myself and Jeff beck Law, and please check that out. We'd love it if you check that out, and you know, just leave a match saying how I'm here from Games for after Dark and this ship rocks awesome. Please do more of it and pay all the staff more, pay your respect. Yeah, and then you can find me on Twitch as well. I stream three times a week Twitch or TV or fashional h come and watch. It's a good time for the cat cam, but the cat cam and we will see you next week where we will be exclusively recording episode one oh seven of the podcast.
Speaker 2: Okay, I mean yeah, that's true.
Speaker 1: Straight back
Speaker 2: Piece