Speaker 1: Here it is one more time with the Channel nine first one and what a forecasts got cloudy day to day rain north of the Ohio River, a high sixty six overnight, little fifty with clouds, cloudy tomorrow with a possibility of afternoon rain, seventy two for the high tomorrow over night little fifty three with clouds, and a cloudy Thursday, partly in a highest seventy five fifty three degrees. Right now, it's time for traffic update Chuck Ingram.
Speaker 2: From the UCUP Traffic Center. When it comes to stroke, every second counts. That's why you see how does the clear choice for wrapping life saving treatment learn more?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 2: You see how dot com cruise continue to work. By the wreck northbound seventy one at Ridge, traffic slows Smith edwards into Kenwood westbound two seventy five. An accident near five mile backs traffic to Ohio Pike. Right lane is open again northbound two seventy five with the wreck near twenty eight in Milford. Chuck Ingram on fifty five krs the talk station.
Speaker 1: Josh Ivy forty three fifty five kr CD talk station, Very happy Tuesday to you, and they welcome back to fifty five carsee Morning show. Secretary of State Frank LeRose is good you have you on this morning.
Speaker 4: It's good to be back, Brent, and noticed that traffic report did not say anything about traffic jams at the voting location. Nothing to worry about today, Get out and vote. We'll even give you a free sticker.
Speaker 1: I promise free sticker as an incentive to get more people to vote in a day when very few people end up voting because it's an off cycle election, and the numbers that are always sort of sad to see when we wake up the next day and find out that only fifteen percent know exercise the right to vote and maybe steer the direction of the state of Ohio. I mean, this is a constitutional amendment. I think it's a very important issue for people to consider.
Speaker 4: Yeah and listen, Ohilan's are civic minded, engaged people. Look at the numbers that we've been posting in the even number of years, twenty twenty all time record breaking. Twenty twenty two broke the record for goubernatorial elections. Twenty twenty four, we broke the record for early voting. You can trast that with these odd numbered years like twenty twenty five, you do see much lower turnouts. And maybe one of the reasons why I run into people every now and then say, you know, I just don't know enough. I don't want to guess, and I get that. But you can just check our website vot dot You'll see what's going to be on your ballot. You'll see the argument and supportive issue too, the argument against issue. To take five or ten minutes, be informed, and go out and cast your ballot. It'll be easy to do and you'll be doing your civic duty.
Speaker 1: Amen to that. And of course a lot of people have school levies to vote on. City of Cincinnati has council, the primary for mayor, and other things, so lots of other issues to drive some of the voters out. But the vast majority of us only have this single issue. But it is important. I had a higher representative, Jennifer Gross on the program yesterday, so I encourage my listeners to listen to that podcast if you have carecy dot com. Now, polls are already open, Secretary of State Frank LeRose, and they close at seven point thirty. What if folks need to bring with them in order to cast a vote.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you're right. The poles have been opened for over two hours now and things are going smoothly. You need to bring a government issued photo ID. That's for most of us, that's our state idea, or our driver's license, or it's like you can bring your military ID, or you can bring a passport. But also bring a smile. I say that because bring a smile to thank those poll workers. When you get to your voting location, you're going to be greeted by a bipartisan team Democrats and Republicans on this Tuesday morning, working together to help you have the smooth and secure and convenient election experience that you deserve. Thank them for their work. They're putting in a long day and they're doing for us.
Speaker 3: Amen to that.
Speaker 1: And of course already heard from Sherry Pulling from the Hemilon County Board of Elections on the need for poll workers, So please consider doing that as we approach November. They always need poll workers and it's a way to fulfill your civic obligation. Plus you'll have a pretty good time doing it. My wife did it a lot of time, and everybody gets along well regardless of political stripe. You'll get along well with your fellow poll workers.
Speaker 4: And Brian, here's the other cool thing in Ohio. Seventeen year olds can be poll workers. So you've got a high school student in your life. What a great thing to put on a college application or a application. It shows a level of responsibility and civic engagement. And again, seventeen year olds can be poll workers before they're even eligible to be voters. You sign up at Votohio dot gov. They'll train you, they'll even pay you. Not a lot, but they'll pay you a little bit for your trouble. And it'll feel good when you go home at seven forty five and kick your feet up and watch those results come scrolling in. You'll know that you were part of making that happen. So Votohio dot gov is where you sign up to be a poll worker. We're already starting to recruit for this November.
Speaker 3: That's great. I'm glad you.
Speaker 1: I had forgotten that, So I'm glad you brought that up. Secretary of State, Franklerose real quick, since we're talking about election, Before I gravitate over, I wanted to ask you about real ID because that deadline's I guess is it today? The deadline for real idea to travel tomorrow.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but so real.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's a good idea to have one. Yes, Listen, I got mine over ten years ago. You need it to board an airplane, you need it to go into federal facilities and buildings. It is not, however, a requirement to vote. Your regular old state idea as long as it's unexpired will be fine. It's a good idea to get the real ID, but you don't need that to vote, as long as you have a valid state ID, or driver's license or military idea or passport. Full list again is at our website vote Ohio dot go, and.
Speaker 1: Of course you get that Department of Motor Vehicles. Are they a well oiled machine. I've never had any problem with my DMV, and I actually lost had to replace my license because it cracked, and they turned it around quickly mailed my new I had a real ID. They mailed me my new one within five days. So I'm just wondering for people who, oh my god, I've got to go out and get that.
Speaker 3: Is it a quick process? Painless?
Speaker 4: Brian? You should stop using your ID card to Jimmy open the door. Stop losing your stop losing your key. Now, Listen, they've gotten a lot better.
Speaker 3: You can.
Speaker 4: You can make a reservation online to get there and that kind of thing. Yeah, so there's a lot of good options. And here's the thing. Some people make this silly argument that somehow it's discriminatory to require IDs to vote or days do it Ohio and support it.
Speaker 3: But here's the thing.
Speaker 4: It's free. We'll give you a free I D for the purpose of voting if you can't afford one, and so there's no reason not to have one. Keep your keep your driver's license or your idea up to date, and use it when you go to vote.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I find that argument to be rather racist, to be quite candid with you and insulting people of color. Yes, you're not capable of getting well, how are you kidding me? Anyhow? Before we part company Secretary of State Frank LeRose I was told that you went door knocking with mayoral candidate Corey Bowman, who we hope is going to win the primary this morning or today.
Speaker 4: I'm excited Corey is one of these transformational candidates. Cincinnati is a great city. I think you know. My dad went to uc my mom went to Miami. I've grown up visiting Cincinnati. My whole life. It's a great city that's been mismanaged by one party Democrat rule. I think Corey is the guy that can flip the natty. He's gonna make He's gonna make the other side work for it. If nothing else, I think he can win this in November. And that's why I was out supporting.
Speaker 1: Amen to that, and I'm with you all day long. I've had him on my program quite a few times leading up to today, and I just find him to be absolutely sincere in his passion and love for the city of Cincinnati. It just comes through and everything he says.
Speaker 4: Amen. No, the guy's a real deal. He's an entrepreneur, he's a minister, he's somebody that loves the city. And you know what, we've had enough of the career politicians running the city. Give this guy a shot. And again, that's why I was outdoor knocking form And by the way, we were in Hyde Park and we got a really positive reaction from people that met him and gave him the job interview there on their front porch.
Speaker 1: Well, I would hope after the mayor and the city council currently has made up stabbed him all on the back by denying them the right to chart their own destiny when it comes to zoning. Obviously a little passionate about that. Secretary's Dave frank LeRose, thanks for joining my listeners of me this morning to talk about the election.
Speaker 3: I appreciate. I'll look forward to having you back on the program.
Speaker 4: Old Open until seven point thirty vot I have that go for all the info.
Speaker 1: Thanks Brian, Thank you vote Ohio dot gov. Okay, let us see here. Yeah, you're going back to Jennifer Gross and again, if you're going out to vote and you're planning on not voting, let's talk to the folks like I'm not going to get up off my couch and drive to the polling place just to vote on an issue. And beyond that, I'm not even con sure because I've I've seen, you know, most of the advocacy for voting for Issue too in favor of it is actually a campaign with yard signs to vote yes on issue to you ask yourself who paid for that? Jennifer Gross pointed it out yesterday, which is why I was going to gravitate to listen to the podcast of what Jennifer Gross had to say Representative Gross, because This is basically as I boiled it down, and she agreed with my you know, perception of it and summarizing and summing up as it's a creation of a slush fund. Oh, and it's going to help your roads, your bridges, your infrastructure. We can only use the money, the additional money, and this is going to be a huge pot of money, and they're going to go into debt for funding this additional money into this fund that they already have in place. Every ten years at least you had a chance to vote on whether you wanted a refund it or not a special fund for roads, bridges and infrastructure and water projects and things of that nature. But they want more. Of course they do additional I think two hundred and fifty million dollars more, but issuing bonds, which is basically putting it on a credit card. Right, they don't have the money in the pockets they want to add to the fund, so they're going to go into debt to continue to fund this even further, which means every year rather than allocating the money that they've got in the form of taxpayer dollars, they meaning our elected officials and doing the job that they were hired to do and allocating the limited tax dollars to fund the road bridges and infrastructures and take care of what we've got already. It's a tough job. I imagine there they are, and there's that pile of money you get from all the gasoline that's sold in the state of Ohio. I think thirty nine cents a gallon state tax. That's not enough to fund these projects. I guess not. You can't work with the amount of money you take from us in our terms of our tax in terms of our income tax here in Ohio, plus the gas tax that you generate. Then you got the lottery tax which is supposed to fund schools, and yet our property tax bills are up through the blank and roof to fund schools.
Speaker 3: Hey, you go on forever on. This can't get.
Speaker 1: But they're gonna have to then put a line item in the budget to allocate funding for debt service. They're gonna have to make principle and interest payments on these bonds, So I guess that's an easier task, so that it gets this massive pile of borrowed money to increase this slush fund. And I called a slush phone because when you're out there voting, you're thinking about voting yes on this, what projects are going to get done and who decides it local governments? Do you want to entrust the city of Cincinnati with another pile of money to get something done? And going back to who funded the vote yes on issue too? How about the labor unions who are going to of course get the work that this money will fund. This is a giant additional pile of money for union contracts because you know, you can't sit at the table like for example, in the City of Cincinnati, or even Hamilton County for that matter, if you're not a union house or union shop, you can't even put a request for an RFP in there. So that's my I felt that way about it since I first read the issue, but that it is a constitutional amendment. You're not going to get an opportunity to unring this bell. You are just a little Constitutions are not supposed to include budgetary items like this, At least that's from my perspective. You may share a different viewpoint, but come on, we're mending the highest law of the land in the state of Ohio to incorporate this slush fund. Into it. It just doesn't sit well with me. So anyhow, a great program today, at least I thought so, because we were head Congressman and former Congressman now citizen Brad winsterp and CITYO doing an empower You seminar to tomorrow night, what are the lessons learned from the pandemic? And we went through the whole idea of gain of function research and among other topics, we talked about medicaid, and we talked about student debt and all that. But he was very, very much involved when he was an elected official representing the state of Ohio chairman of the Select Subcommittee on the coronavirus pandemic, so he knows all about it and he's been there from day one, and so that's going to be an interesting seminar again. You can log in from the comfort of your own hon empower You America dot org, which can also do tonight Breitbart Editor in chief Alex Marlow. Establishment media has destroyed itself and we can't stop smiling.
Speaker 3: Subtitle.
Speaker 1: Years of unethical journalistic practices among the majority of US news outlets has resulted in a massive corrosion and credibility. That's Tonight's empower You sevenar seven pm. Log in only again empower you America dot org where you can register for that seminar and enjoy it. I'm sure it'll be a great one. So also heard from Daniel Davis with a deep dive. You can visit my blog page fifty five care see dot com to maybe forward that link to a friend if they didn't get a chance to listen, or you want to listen to it again, or if you're just tuning in folks, tune in tomorrow we'll get the election results. Sitting on the edge of my seat by some of these school levies as well as issue too and Judge Napolitano of course, Joe Strecker, thank you for producing the program. You do a great job, my friend. I'll hopefully hear you from me tomorrow. Maybe phone call in, but don't go away. Glenn Beck is coming up.
Speaker 3: News happens fast, stay up to date. At the top of the hour.
Speaker 4: Moving very quickly fifty five.
Speaker 3: KRC the talk station.
Speaker 4: This re