Speaker 1: Ever a shortage of dumb people doing really stupid things. Welcome to another edition of idiotology.
Speaker 2: Would let your.
Speaker 1: Taco one O one one do w jar R.
Speaker 2: But your freaking idiots ny. This hour brought you by our Jarr Tuesday ticket takeover happening on the jar Instagram. If you're interested in going to see Deftones, you might want to swing by at one oh one one w JARR at some point today on insta. Get yourself qualified.
Speaker 1: It Zoe's a good reminder to follow us on the Instagram because we giveaway prizes there on a daily basis at one oh one one WJRR. Look, I'm like flying flying wingless right now. I went to the bathroom. I set down my computer and all my stuff went to the bathroom. Then somebody started talking to me about sick employees, and I'm just talking whatever. What run in here to get here on time? No computer, no water. If I start to, like, you know, choke on something, you're gonna have to administer who.
Speaker 2: Might take away your computers in the bathroom.
Speaker 1: It's not in the bathroom, luckily, but it's sitting on a table out there in the dunkin lounge.
Speaker 2: He just marched to your own drum beat Man.
Speaker 1: Well, I could sprint out and grab it while you're talking about winning deftone s tickets, but that wouldn't be very nice. Instead, I'll take off my shoes and comfortably put my feet on the board.
Speaker 2: Let me know when it's safe to proceed. You're ready, broadcast, man, We've got some idiotology news from right here in central Florida. Yeah, there's a quite the groundbreaking ceremony yesterday in the villages. Okay, Hooters is coming to the Villages. Hooters.
Speaker 1: I didn't even know Hooters was still around. Oh no, they're not gonna have village Village residence villager residents working.
Speaker 2: All I know is it was the groundbreaking ceremony held yesterday. The restaurant will be located at the Lake Deaton Plaza in the Villages, forty five hundred square feet inside and have an outdoor patio. The opening of the restaurant is playing for early summer.
Speaker 1: Now, I'm not saying people that live at the villages are all old, because they're not. It's a great place to live, and I've said it on the show. I may venture out there in my later years. I doubt it, but I might I have friends that live in there. Oh I'm not judging at all.
Speaker 2: It's one of the biggest moving destinations in the entire country.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean they have golf, tennis, everything I love. I'm not a tennis dude.
Speaker 2: But with that said, I have to hand it to Hooters, who if I didn't know they were in expansion mode. But if you're gonna expand someplace where you might have some takers there you go.
Speaker 1: All those all the swingers and stuff that are out there, pat But what I was getting at was not everybody's out there old. You know when some people get old, they kind of lose their filter and think, ah, there's gonna be grab ass. You know what I'm getting at. Guys, been on the golf course all day.
Speaker 2: Hey, you think the phrase tuts will be used?
Speaker 1: Oh? God, yeah, she's on. Looker, come here tuts nice cans on a dozen wings and sure may boy. And I know, I know my computer is sitting out there right now in the UH in the Dunky lounge getting text about Sagers instead of Hooters. I know you, listeners, I got you.
Speaker 2: According to a report out of the UK, a mix up involving a British nuclear submarine almost kicked off an international incident with Russia, which could have ultimately resulted in the inavertently starting World War Three. The UK Navy was scanning for sounds of enemy activity underwater and they thought they heard Russian drone subs. The same sound was heard at least twice, so they were kind of freaking on this. They thought Russia was dropping listening devices on the ocean floor to track Britain's nuclear fleet, but after analyzing the sounds, they now think they may have been mistaken. Well, had just heard whale farts.
Speaker 1: Farts always the whales, you know, that whole thing saved the whales and then they got out of control.
Speaker 2: Whale fart almost started World War three.
Speaker 1: That would be one for the history books, you know, that might get kids reading history. Oh this one. I'm in the whale section of the library. We got this little kid clapping in the whales mouth and building a fire. Wait, a whale fart started World War three. Sorry, Russia are bad, We'll see. That's the thing. Even though we're allies, that isn't are bad. This is a UK mistake, right, I said, Even though we're allies with said UK look sorry, UK, and I know we have UK listeners. Thank you for rocking with us.
Speaker 2: You just sort out Russian nuclear drones, seeking drones and whale farts.
Speaker 1: Come on, man, No, sorry, UK, that's on you. If they're if they're all of a sudden coming after you, I mean you kind of you stepped in it. Not not the US over here, Saskatoon, Canada. We're not making problems like that or mistakes like that in the Gulf of America.
Speaker 2: Are we damn straight? We're not. Saskatoon, Canada community are called pleasant Hill had planned to hold a public event, an informational event for residents in the Pleasant Hill community of Saskatoon, UH to learn about gangs. I guess gangs being becoming an issue in that part of Canada. They had to inform potential attendees that the learning about gangs event had to be canceled over threats of potential gang violence.
Speaker 1: Of course, it's just like the gang funerals and what happens more people get shot.
Speaker 2: Circle of death, the circle of death.
Speaker 1: Kids. You know what you always hear about drugs or bad and this is your a this is your brain on drugs. Listen, don't join a gang. Do all the drugs. I'm kidding no, but you get beat in and you die in the end. Yeah, beat in and beat out if you're lucky. Otherwise die as Lyncher said. Sure, you might have a Cadillac for a week, but don't worry. That's gonna have bullet holes in it and probably in you too.
Speaker 2: I have more on this next story on the jar Facebook page as well as the Lynching Taco blog at WJR dot com. Sunday is groundhog Day. M h pet is here to seize on this latest attention grab. They want punk Satani Phil left alone there and uh novelers.
Speaker 1: Gob I think that. Uh? I think they did this last year as well. They were there, were they? They didn't take this route? They they would.
Speaker 2: They're okay with you know the tradition of groundhog Day and try to predict if there's gonna be an early spring or if there's gonna be six more weeks of winter. However that works. Just Peter doesn't want a groundhog use. They don't want any animals used. In fact, what they would kidnap it, aren't they. What they would like done is a weather reveal, cake.
Speaker 1: Come on the baby reveal and the sex reveal. Wait do they do sex reveal now? Like heads of Men's Bathroom key or Women's or Them's weather revealed cake?
Speaker 3: Listen, come on, come on, come out in the freezing cold early Sunday morning to watch us slice into the weather cake.
Speaker 1: Oh it's a dark chocolate cake, which means cloudy forecast and more and more winter. We already had, polar of vortexis snowing in Florida? Just kidnap the groundhog when when the normal people aren't looking, Peter, we need to get Bill Murray involved. Got that movie? Why is it? When that's on? You still contra watch it? Even though it's annoying.
Speaker 2: It's the irony, but over and over.
Speaker 1: Again watch I know? Do you? When you see it? Do you turn it on and start watching? You do, don't you? He's raising as.
Speaker 2: What I've never watched it?
Speaker 1: You know what? Man, We need to get you some culture. He has never watched Forrest Gump.
Speaker 2: I have it on DVD, four K DVD. I might add ultra HD.
Speaker 1: No it was he hasn't watched now we know, uh Pucks and Tony Field whatever, Groundhog's Day, but he has not watched Roddy Kid that.
Speaker 2: Was no interest. All I need to know is wax On wax Off already got that covered.
Speaker 1: Bul j r r