Speaker 1: You're listening to kf I AM six forty the Bill Handles show on demand on the iHeartRadio. F got some apastapon news and thank you or too. So first let me say hello to the team here. Amy, Good morning, Hi Bill, Hi Neil, good morning.
Speaker 2: Good morning, Willie Wolf.
Speaker 1: And I don't know where she's running around there she is there, you go.
Speaker 3: He's not hearing you right now. She has never had phones on you right there she is.
Speaker 4: Good morning, Yeah, good morning everybody.
Speaker 1: And Elmer today is filling in for Cono Morning.
Speaker 4: Elmer.
Speaker 1: And you're here tomorrow too, right yes, sir, okay, and then we and then con it's coming back.
Speaker 4: I think has some medical situation coming up. So I'm rubbing my eyes. I don't know why. Okay, No, I'm not. I am sleepy. No, I did okay last night. Okay, a couple of things.
Speaker 1: Pasta fon is done and finished, except that it is not done and finished.
Speaker 4: So as Amy reported as.
Speaker 1: Of one am, as when we had the figures that Michelle told this, we had as of ten pm, we had raised nine one hundred and forty five thousand dollars and almost forty tons of pasta and sauce.
Speaker 4: So we're down a little No, we're not. We're ahead of.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we're ahead a little bit down on the pasta and sauce, so we have to push on that. And almost one hundred thousand dollars over. We were pasting at one hundred thousand dollars over what we did last year at the same time. So last year we did one point three million dollars. By the way, there were some big managed and people that had come in just to be with us, and they happen to be around and we were talking about pastafon other radio stations when they do a charity, other local radio stations, if they hit one hundred thousand, one hundred and twenty thousand dollars, it is a miracle, just a miracle, one point three million dollars for a local radio station to raise for a charity. It's science fiction. It's on another planet.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, which is a testament to the listeners.
Speaker 4: It is, it truly is. And what we didn't do is think.
Speaker 1: And I want to thank Michelle Cube because this is her baby. She puts this together, she runs it. She just to give you an idea of the kind of work she does. She showed up yesterday about four am, I think, because when I got there at four thirty, she'd been there working, going crazy, doing her thing, and her last email went out at almost one am. She put in almost twenty hours yesterday. Needless to say, she's taking the day off today.
Speaker 2: Well she does that every year too.
Speaker 4: You know, she's.
Speaker 1: Phenomenal at putting this together. And Michelle doesn't get enough credit because she really is a hero.
Speaker 4: Of this thing.
Speaker 1: And yesterday when right after the show and I went and had met with Bruno when he served me a little breakfast, Michelle was not invited, by the way, by the way to that one.
Speaker 2: You did invite her, I didn't, Yeah you did. I came over and asked her if she wanted some eggs or something.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I would have him delivered to her.
Speaker 2: I would have just couldn't sit with the king. Okay, well the.
Speaker 1: King being Bruno, and we talked about the charity and so anyway, Michelle, I mean pulled that off and just.
Speaker 4: Brilliant, brilliant, brilliant.
Speaker 1: So people are still donating, Companies are still donating because we're doing this until the eighth and we still have major corporations coming in, do we and and I don't know this answer. Do we have numbers yet from Smart and Final and from Wendy's.
Speaker 3: I don't think so, because that's going through Sunday.
Speaker 1: Okay, well those are in the hundreds of thousands of dollars. So we are going to blow past one point three million.
Speaker 4: And I'm going to thank everybody.
Speaker 1: By the way, you can still donate, go to KFI A M six forty dot com slash pastathon. And we didn't even sell off you know, auction items.
Speaker 4: Did we you or this year station? Did the station auction items?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: John Cobalt had a one that did incredibly well, as did Gary and Shannon Conways did very well. Everybody's did very well.
Speaker 1: Nothing auctioned off. No one came me to auction off anything.
Speaker 2: What are you going to auction off?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Maybe dinner with me Anaheim Whitehouse? And you know why, because said I got so little interest that unfortunately it's rough for me to you know, sell off dinner with for example, dinner with me at the White House restaurant.
Speaker 4: Traditionally, when we used to auction.
Speaker 1: Off, actually raise less money than the actual hard costs of the food for Bruno.
Speaker 2: Well, that's because you bring family, friends, pets. Everybody wants a free meal with you.
Speaker 4: You know that's true. Yeah, and so yeah, that's okay.
Speaker 3: Anyway, the dinner with John Cobelt went for or not. The dinner the co hosting with John went for six thousand dollars, and the Dodgers game with Gary and Shannon also went for six thousand dollars. Cool, Wow, you should have done it, Bill, No.
Speaker 4: One asked me actually, yeah, something. It's humiliating.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know what, dinner with me would have gone for like six hundred dollars. But you know who is You know, he's very generous because I bring twenty people, and I guess people got sick of it. I take half the restaurant just with the freebies.
Speaker 2: I would pay not to have dinner with you.
Speaker 1: At the White House, there was like, you know, we should do that, you know, not having dinner with me?
Speaker 4: What is that worth?
Speaker 2: All right?
Speaker 4: Anyway, we're going to be reporting.
Speaker 1: This throughout well the week thright to December eighth. If you haven't donated, yes, please don't, please please donate. Also, Zelman's minty Mouth Mints very very generous folks. Yesterday announced that they were donating five hundred thousand dollars. Unfortunately, they didn't know that when I announced that, They had no idea that I had made that commitment for them. And I got a call from them and they weren't outraged. All it was from Anthony. Really, Bill, come on, Bill, are you insane?
Speaker 4: Yes?
Speaker 1: So they have they have donated. All I can tell you is it wasn't five.
Speaker 4: Hundred thousand dollars. Unfortunately. Do we know what the biggest donation was?
Speaker 1: By the way, Amy, do Michelle give you that information?
Speaker 3: I do not have that information.
Speaker 4: I'd like to know who the biggest donator was.
Speaker 1: Just just for kicks and giggles, you know, all right, guys, let's do it handle on the news, Amy and Neil on this Wednesday morning lead story. Nathan Hodgman is our new DA here in La County. And and oh there were prosecutors and the big police officers in the crowd cheering at his swearing in.
Speaker 4: I mean it is that five hundred people are more out, I know, just crazy. And there was just.
Speaker 1: A big picture of George Gascone behind him with a red circle and a line through it. And believe me, everybody got really thrilled. First eight day one, he undid just dozens of directives and procedures that gascon had back to traditional das.
Speaker 4: So that's good news. And he was on with seven Am. I'm going to talk about that what.
Speaker 2: He was all with John Cobolt yesterday And people were applauding in the audience in there from Orange County. Yes, because you know what happens in La Bleeds over to Orange County, so they were thrilled too.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's good news. It is good news.
Speaker 5: You're listening to Bill Handle on demand from KFI a.
Speaker 1: Wednesday, Huday, December fourth, the day after Pastathon, and you can still please donate, And that's a KFI AM six forty dot com slash Pastapon Back we Go.
Speaker 4: Handle on the news with Amy and Neil and Me.
Speaker 3: President elect Trump may need to make another pick. Of course, he's running into some dissent when it comes to his nomination for the Defense secretary. They've chosen Pete Hegseth, an army veteran also a Fox News host. There are questions from key Republican senators over whether Hegseth is fit for the job. So apparently President elect Trump's team is maneuvering around behind the scenes looking for who might be a good second choice. Now no one has said publicly, at least Republicans haven't said publicly that they don't support heg Seth, but they don't know if he can survive.
Speaker 4: The h's gone. Way is there's no way with all of his baggage.
Speaker 1: Tulse Gabbard is the next one who has been nominated as head of National Intelligence. She's going to go down to the only qualification for any cabinet post that Trump is putting on the table is loyalty to him.
Speaker 4: That's it.
Speaker 1: It doesn't matter if the nominee has any experience, has any credentials to be a cabinet or senior level advisor or part of the government.
Speaker 4: Zero.
Speaker 1: It's straight loyalty to him. The more loyal the person is. I am how about this? I'm guessing okay, since they're trying to get the attorney general Marjorie Taylor Green, what do you think us attorney general? And the first thing she's going to order is the FBI. The FBI to investigate that pizza parlor in Chicago where the Democrats had that pedophile ring, the Democratic lawmakers had that pedophile ring.
Speaker 2: She couldn't even spell FBI.
Speaker 3: Didn't he already nominate ham Bondi for that?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I know.
Speaker 1: But what's going to happen is, and I don't know if it's Trump being smart, and it could be, is that he's throwing these people out on the table, sacrificing these people that have no chance so he can get his in where normally there would be at least a struggle. He'd probably win, but at least the struggle. So now the centers go, whew, it's not at least it's not heg sith.
Speaker 2: See. This is what I said early on, is that he is showing his loyalty to the people who have been loyal to him, saying, hey, listen, I'm going to nominate you, and and then if they go away, he's like, hey, I nominated you. They turned point down.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's a very good point.
Speaker 1: But what said what falls through the cracks, experience, credentials, uh anything, And that's and that's the problem.
Speaker 2: I mean, it's just running for president.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, and called him Saudi Arabia's bitch. H that she did, which of course, huh no, she's crazy, She's crazy. Okay, another story all right.
Speaker 2: In that same vein President elect Donald J. Trump. If you remember his transition, The operation announced, uh, just yesterday that they had belatedly signed an agreement with the Justice Department that allowed the FBI to conduct background checks on people that he intends to appoint as senior officials. Now this is totally routine and normal. Uh. The belief was that he's hostile to the FBI, so he was dragging his feet on doing this. Uh even talked, I guess at one point about going with private investigators.
Speaker 1: But they have and obviously he came back on that. He walked that one back because it's so ludicals, we have to.
Speaker 4: I think there's gonna be a lot of bluster.
Speaker 1: You're going to see him walk back the tariffs and he's going to bring them in the table.
Speaker 2: I think he's going to I thought you thought you said he was just going to destroy everything and then he was going to just willy nilly bomb everything and pull the entire.
Speaker 4: He's threatening to do that.
Speaker 1: I'm just I'm becoming because I'm so pissed off that he won. Now I have to look at it and realistically appraise of what's going to happen. And a lot of what he does is bluster. A lot of what he does is bluster to reach an end, which, strangely enough, I agree with. It's just the method of him doing it.
Speaker 4: Uh. And a lot of it is just let me tell you.
Speaker 1: I'm going to show you what I'm going to do, and I don't care what normally happens FBI.
Speaker 4: I don't need to know. He hates the FBI.
Speaker 1: As you said, I'm not going to have the FBI involved in checking my nominees doing background checks. I'll hire private investigators and I'll give them the highest security clearance. And of course that didn't happen, and he said, okay to the FBI. So I think you're going to see a lot of that. I think you're going to see a lot of that.
Speaker 3: Well, martial law has come and gone in South Korea. This was just craziness. The President of South Korea early today or actually yesterday our time, lifted martial law that he had imposed hours earlier. He had said that he thought that parliament was being influenced or overrun by North Korean operatives and was worried about that, and so he said we need martial law, and then protests erupted the military came in. Helicopters were landing all over the place, troops were on the streets, and then part and got together and said no, uh huh, and they said we're not supporting that. And now the president is back down, so there's no martial law.
Speaker 4: Now, yeah, he's going to be impeached and he was fighting that.
Speaker 1: And since South Korea is a democracy, there is that he's going to have to walk out the door be impeached because that they have a constitution. Can you imagine Kim Jong un having the declare martial law?
Speaker 4: What do you mean, declare marshal law?
Speaker 3: Isn't it always martial law?
Speaker 4: It is always marshal law? Cubed.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I had a bad joke about the Brady bunch and Jan saying Marshall, Marshall, Marshall, But I'm not going to say it. All right, Moving on, you have a person entering the United States on a student visa settling in San Bernardino County. Law enforcements forcement are now saying that he had a very focused and nefarious purpose to export export rather shipments of firearms, ammunition, other military items to North Korea. Do you now you've got federal authorities. Isn't that nuts?
Speaker 1: Yeah, but I don't even how do you ship arms to North Korea?
Speaker 4: How does that work?
Speaker 1: I guess you'll and then other shell companies, And I mean, I don't get its plenty of its own arms. North Korea sells arms. They're arming Russia. I don't understand this. Maybe and it's and it's not those missile systems that he's shipping either, those high high end missile systems that Ukraine finally got, the ones that sit on railroad cars.
Speaker 4: So I don't get it.
Speaker 1: I don't get how you do that. But anyway, they arrested him. He's going to prison for twenty years. And he's an illegal alien, illegal because he came here legally on a student visa and overran it.
Speaker 4: You know, he overstated his visa. I don't know what the visa was. Okay, let's take a break. We come back at a big story coming up.
Speaker 5: You're listening to Bill Handle on demand from kfi AM six forty.
Speaker 1: Pastafon is still going on until the eighth. Your donation please please please help feed.
Speaker 4: The kids.
Speaker 1: And go to KFIAM six forty dot com slash pasta fond.
Speaker 4: Okay, back, we go more handle on the news.
Speaker 3: Well, the next big case for the High Court transgender medical care. The Supreme Court is going to be hearing a challenge to Tennessee's band on so called gender affirming care for minors. It's the highest profile case for the High Court so far this fall. Attorneys for the Biden administration and transgender youth in Tennessee are going to ask the judges to declare the twenty twenty three state law unconstitutional, saying it's a form of sex discrimination. State lawyers plan to argue that lawmakers were justified in restricting medical care for people under the age of eighteen.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Now this gets interesting because there are two types of views towards a transgender within the anti transgender world. One is simple discrimination against transgender people.
Speaker 4: Which the Supreme Court says was illegal.
Speaker 1: By the way, in a case in twenty twenty, you can't discriminate against them these laws, saying medical care under the age of eighteen, that's.
Speaker 4: A legitimate argument.
Speaker 1: You may be on the other side of it, but this is totally a legitimate argument. There's some stuff that makes sense, whether you believe in that position or not, and some stuff that is just nuts.
Speaker 4: One of them being. For example, you have to.
Speaker 1: If you're born a male, even if you've become a female, and I'm talking about getting the Schwanse ectomy where the fruit package is gone and the female parts are put in place, and the breasts and all of that. So this person is a woman in heart and soul and physically, you have to go to the restroom where boys are because you were.
Speaker 4: Born a male. Amy, let me ask you. Have you ever peed at a urinal?
Speaker 3: Not once?
Speaker 4: That's exactly the point.
Speaker 1: If you're a female and you're born a male and you completely trans how do you pee without peeing down your leg?
Speaker 2: Is that really the concern that's gone before the High Court?
Speaker 4: Yes, I think so.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think it might be a little different than that, just just a thought.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think I think it boils down to that.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 4: Okay, let's move on.
Speaker 2: One of the most complicated cases ever whittled down.
Speaker 1: This is this is legal analysis the first water. Don't argue with me.
Speaker 4: Who has the degree? By the way, who is a lawyer?
Speaker 2: Here?
Speaker 4: Okay? My bar number, My bar number is nine on nine to seven one. What is yours?
Speaker 1: Huh ah?
Speaker 4: Okay?
Speaker 2: There is no god? Alrighty uh Elon Musk and Vivek Ramaswami, who should be doing magic at the Magic Castle with any suggesting the country stop its biannual ritual of falling back. It's bringing forward, advocating a permanent end to time change, in a move that has garnered broad support in the past. Nobody wants this anymore.
Speaker 4: Nobody wants this, and they're still pushing for it. And you know, people, you know.
Speaker 1: It takes a while to go back then it takes days and days.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I know, But I'm saying, why do we why did why did the people want this?
Speaker 1: I think it was to extend if I'm not mistake, and this may be urban myth, or it could be true.
Speaker 4: For all I know, it could be apocryphal.
Speaker 1: It had to do with a farm industry where they needed more daylight for farming and waking up in the middle of the night and doing whatever. I don't know the reason. That's what I heard, But you know, hey, let's stop doing this change back and forth.
Speaker 4: It makes no sense.
Speaker 3: Arizona already doesn't do it, and they seem to be okay right now.
Speaker 1: Which state has there's one of the states that Central time and Pacific time go through the middle of the state, don't they.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, gosh, where is that. It's one side of the street is one time.
Speaker 4: Three is four o'clock. The other side of the street at three o'clock.
Speaker 2: Oh, that's happened somewhere. It's just like the border, you know, there was the committity at least could.
Speaker 1: Be the at least could could run across state lines where it's state to state. This is in the middle of a town. On either side of the street. Well, a lot of people book lunch at noon.
Speaker 2: But look at us. It's like on this side of the street, there's intelligence, there's rash now, there's all those things. And then you go over to your side of the street and it's like it's all thrown out the window.
Speaker 1: It's really Okay, I hang around a lot of people that are weird. Okay, I'll grant that.
Speaker 3: Okay, your phones are under attack. There is a cyber attack on telecommunication companies like AT and T, Verizon. US officials are recommending that Americans use encrypted messaging apps to make sure their communications stay hidden from foreign hackers. The hack is called salt Typhoon. It's one of the largest intelligence compromises in US history, and it has not yet been fully remedied. So the FBI is saying, hey, if you want to protect your mobile device communications, consider using a cell phone that automatically receives timely operating system updates and use encrypted apps.
Speaker 4: WhatsApp is one of those, right.
Speaker 3: I have no idea how do you encrypt these?
Speaker 1: I think it is so if you're gonna guys, if you're going to send those pictures of your private parts that are now public parts, do it on WhatsApp.
Speaker 4: Okay, what are they going to get?
Speaker 2: They're gonna get me randomly sending love notes texts to my wife and apologize.
Speaker 4: No, I don't think.
Speaker 1: It's love notes that go out and are shared with everybody. It's well anyway, WhatsApp seems to be the way to go and encryption because even your texts are open to hackers. Do you know that your every conversation that you have on your cell phone is monitored by the US government the NSA, Every phone conversation that goes off on cell phones, they're at algorithms. They're algorithm you know, for example, if you spend too much time you want to pressure cooker, and you spend way too much time looking at it, talking about it.
Speaker 4: You're going to get a visit.
Speaker 5: You're listening to Bill Handle on demand from KFI AM six forty.
Speaker 1: Hey, we're on Friday. We're going to do ask handle anything. We've fridayed a couple of times and it is fun. And when what we say ask candle anything, what we mean is ask handle anything, and your question and I will answer kind of I've already been completely humiliated a couple of times, so I'm going to limit it. I'm going to bring it down to ask handle almost anything, or I'll answer almost anything. So during the course of the show, go to the iHeart app if you haven't downloaded, of course it's free.
Speaker 4: You go to the KFI page at the top.
Speaker 1: Of the right hand corner. There is a microphone. Click on that microphone and you have fifteen seconds to ask a question of me, personal questions, what's going on. I don't want your political views, I don't care what you think about anything. It's simply ask me a question, and we try that and it's kind of fun. And it's sort of reverse of Handle on the Law, where I abuse and humiliate you and have a great time doing it. It's kind of a reversal. And so anyway, and who Anne and Neil choose the questions? I have no idea what they are, by the way I hear them the first time, you do, so I don't select them all. Right, back we go, Let's finish up Sean Diddy Combs story or finish up handle on the news, and we'll start with this story.
Speaker 4: And that's Neil.
Speaker 2: Did he or did any That tis the question Sean Dinny Combs. Yeah, I has been accused of sexual battery again. One another woman who claims that in September of twenty sixteen, the music producer dangled her from a seventeen story balcony as others were on site, including his ex his former girlfriend, Cassie Ventura, who is the individual in that horrific Las Vegas beating video if I remember correctly.
Speaker 1: Yeah, by the way, if no one believes that he could do that, watch that video. Yeah oh yeah, him attacking her in the hall. I mean, this is a bad guy, it turns out, and he's going down. He's going to do a lot of years in prison for this.
Speaker 3: Another one bites the dust. A Florida Sheriff Chad Cronister has withdrawn from consideration as President Elect Trump's pick to lead the Drug Enforcement Administration. He says he sincerely appreciates the nomination, the outpouring of support by the American people, and forward to continuing his service as sheriff of Hillsborough County. He says, there's more work to be done.
Speaker 4: All right, let's talk about this for just a moment.
Speaker 1: The reason he had to withdraw because he's not maga enough, right, he is not conservative enough.
Speaker 4: So you've got the senators that are going to go absolutely no.
Speaker 1: Also, when I talk about in terms of credentials and experience, he is a sheriff of Hillsborough County. Hillsborough County has what two hundred people in it. I have no idea, but it's a sheriff of a small town. And he said, now, I'd rather be the sheriff of a small town. I have so much work to do, and I don't want to be head of the DEA.
Speaker 4: So what do you think it is why he's backing down.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because he would he would not get the confirmation he's not conservative enough.
Speaker 2: Oh he's just magish. Yeah, he's magish and he doesn't look maggash.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he is maggish.
Speaker 2: All right. So now Trump is and his defense lawyers are using President Joe Biden's pardon of his son Hunter to argue that Trump's conviction in the Manhattan hush money case should be dismissed.
Speaker 1: You wonder how that works, because what if Biden being pardon, Biden pardoning Hunter, what does that have to do with Trump's conviction. Here it is is that Biden has argued that his prosecution, the prosecution of Hunter, was politically motivated, and Trump has been saying that the entire time of his prosecution, which I believe in part is absolutely true. I also believe he's guilty of everything, but the prosecution is in fact politically motivated.
Speaker 4: With Hunter, the political motivation.
Speaker 1: He was attacked by his own Biden's own justice department.
Speaker 2: And he pleaded guilty. I mean, the reality is, shouldn't we be looking at whether these guys did it? And if they did it.
Speaker 4: That's academic.
Speaker 1: Well, everybody knew he did it, I mean Biden, I mean he there was a commitment. I mean, there's no way, I mean, he's The issue was was he going to jail time? And the argument I heard this couple days ago, and I talked about this yesterday. It was let's look at Biden's plea deal. He pled guilty to every single tax charge in a plea deal. What does that mean? Nobody pleads guilty to every charge. The whole point of a plea deal is to reduce charges. Because we're not talking about you plead for less time in prison. You plea for the dropping of some of the charges. He just played guilty and said whatever. And the argument is, we all knew his dad was going to pardon him.
Speaker 2: He was doing coke off the de defendants stand during the whole time.
Speaker 1: Oh that's interesting because in front of everybody that's very into judge.
Speaker 3: Okay, hey, have you ever noticed that it's harder to open water bottles and cartons of milk?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 3: God, yes, Okay, there's a reason for it. It's because the plastic screw top caps have been shortened to save plastic so they are lighter. The industry says it saves plastic. It also saves weight, which leads to less energy to transport them, a lower carbon footprint, and a lower cost to produce the packaging. The flip side of it, the problem is that the caps on like half gallon paper cartons of milk and juice and plastic soda and water bottles are harder to turn, and sometimes the body of the plastic bottles turn. I've had that up.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, yeah, and they're they're diminishing the amount of plastic in the bottle themselves. Do you ever notice that if you poke a bottle of milk too hard, your finger goes right through the bottle?
Speaker 4: Pretty flimsy, Aryl, Can I buy the two ply bottle please?
Speaker 1: So? Yeah, you know the Kirkland water bottle, which I have purchased when workers come because I don't want him in the house and so they have to either it tose water or it is uh bottled water from Kirkland. And have you ever have you ever seen how flimsy those are? Those water bottles? I mean they just crunched the second.
Speaker 4: You even touch them.
Speaker 1: All right, I think we're done, guys, yep, we are finished, all right?
Speaker 4: Coming up. Nathan Hochman. Hachman. Nathan Hochman is our new d A.
Speaker 1: He was sworn in and the swearing in ceremony was really unusual. And what he undid everything that George Gascon did. I'll tell you a little bit about that coming right up and Jim Keiney at eight thirty this morning. Kf I Am six forty Live everywhere on the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 4: You've been listening to the Bill Handle Show.
Speaker 1: Catch My Show Monday through Friday, six am to nine am, and anytime on demand on the iHeartRadio app