Speaker 1: You know what I did yesterday, guys, I drink all right with effing with our show.
Speaker 2: You're gonna ruling it get except with super sweet pursuing it puddled out shaw shank through the sewer, Kid, Now what chilling at the eagle. Yeah, we're doing it.
Speaker 1: Three o'clock on the dock.
Speaker 2: Got a habit for my house, a goat status, Howard starting to get crattic shows that up multiplied like a rabbit two the end zone out break it up beat the habit.
Speaker 3: I'm on a hang out with my friends, rocking it on the radio.
Speaker 1: My thrown on boys kin talking on the radio. It's time to do this, falls all by and we go. Kat just tinging up and.
Speaker 2: All up on the radio.
Speaker 1: All right. We'll get into this in more in depth in the today game. But it is National Hamburger Day. Oh so you guys gonna eat some burgers? Probably not?
Speaker 3: Yeah, what's weird is I've had so many burgers within the past like week. And I'm not a big burger person. You guys know me. I'm a pizza person. But I went to Snuffers maybe a week or so ago. Oh hell yeah, I love snuff There's a great burger joint just down the street and Bishop Arts that I went.
Speaker 1: With my mom. Herbie's. Yes, okay, Herbies is right outside Bishop Arts. But I love Herby's.
Speaker 3: It wasn't, I said, yes, okay, it wasn't. But Herbie's is great. That's over there, oaklip. I love Herby's. I didn't go there. It was in Bishop Barts and it's.
Speaker 1: Perfect for you. It's named after a dog, yeah, or the car. Oh wait a minute, yesterday was DJ Sober's birthday, by the way, congratulation. Yeah, he's the guy whose dog is Herbie that is named after Herbes is my number two burger in town. Okay, hold that thought? Oh I know, hold that thought. Have you been to his number one? No?
Speaker 3: I haven't.
Speaker 1: I tried to go to his number one. I told my dad and my stepmom was like, all right, we'll meet y'all over there, and we actually, uh like, it's rare that my seventeen year old son will go anywhere with us in a car, you know. And so it was Sunday afternoon and I'd looked this place up and it said on You know, do you guys ever rely on the map app in your phone every day? Okay, all the time. If you click on it, it'll give you the hours to a business. I went to this place because we had talked about it so much, and it gave me the wrong hours. It said it was open at eleven. It was not open at eleven on a Sunday. It didn't open until three o'clock. Oh no, it doesn't open until three o'clock any day. So actually we'd gotten there at one o'clock, so we're like, all right, So we went next door and had Mexican food. But we made plans to go back there when it opened at three o'clock on Father's Day, which is coming up here in a couple of weeks. And that place, Christina is a rough name of it. Burger Burger Schmerger.
Speaker 3: So I have been here.
Speaker 1: Wait, you went to Burger Schmerger, the one over off. I have had it before, but you may not, but.
Speaker 3: Not actually the new location. Yeah, yes, I've not been to the new location, but I have had the burger and it was amazing. By the way, Bishop Art's hunkeys, That's what I was thinking. Oh sorry that I was too preoccupied trying to remember what that was called. Okay, is that the same Monkeys, and there may still be one. But I went to Hunkies in the nineties.
Speaker 1: It was in the Gaborhood and that's why it was called Honkies real yeah, and it was, I mean, delicious burgers. I don't know if it's still open in the Gigborhood. Maybe they moved to Bishop Arts or maybe they have multiple locations.
Speaker 3: Now, it seems like it's been around a while. But Burger Schmerger, Okay, that's the one. Honkys is a delicious gay burger. Now, Burger Schmerger. Let's go back to that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, go to it. I had just heard so much about it, and I was dying to go, dying to go, and it's like, all right, and you know it's over off of Buckner in East Dallas. I live in Allen, so you know, thirty five minute jaunt for me to get there. So, needless to say, we are real disappointed. So that's why we made plans. All right, we're gonna go back at a different time. Then I talked to Kevin Turner. He went on Saturday night on Saturday. Yeah, what time Saturday? Uh six ish? Okay, and what was the wait? At six o'clock? They said an hour. But I looked around and I was like, it's gonna be way less than that, okay, And it was about a twenty minute wait okay at six o'clock. I mean usually wait, start happening at seven or whatever. At seven, you could have walked right in and got a table. Is that right? Crazy? Okay? Because I was hearing that at three o'clock when they opened, there's just people milling around in the parking lot. Yeah, wait first waiting to get in. So the guy, uh, the general manager is a dude named Jeremy and just do a little social media stuff. Realized he listens to the show, because I think it'll be rare that you would follow us on Instagram if you didn't listen to the show. The guys kind of got that Adam dur it's his hair from Counting Crows, Yes, yeah, okay, oh wait no, he's got long hair, yeah, ok them. Is it dreaded up? Yeah a little bit. Okay. I didn't see that on the picture, but maybe badass I think it that's him, Okay. Anyways, and he follows some good local music. I liked, like, oh, this seems seems like a pretty good dude. So I reached out to him and was like, hey, man, we talked about you on the show all the time. KT's one of your disciples. I haven't been out there yet, but I'm going to be coming out soon. Blah blah blah. If you were to guess they're doing well, if you were to guess how many pounds of meat they went through in one week, just take a guess how many pounds of meat did Berger Schmerger go through last week? Pounds of meat? Oh man? Okay, So I mean you're bringing this up because it's an outrageous number. Now I'm not. Don't yell at me. Ten thousand pounds of meat. That's not, that's not.
Speaker 3: How would you know? I almost said, I almost said the same. I have no idea how to I don't work with burgers.
Speaker 1: How much? How much is a burger? Is a burger a pound? Uh? Big burger is a quarter? So four is a pound? Keep going, So you think there's a chance that they did ten thousand pounds in a week. I don't think that, now that I've taken the time into the mask.
Speaker 3: That's why I let KT say it. Before it I almost said twenty thousand, KT just throw out some insane numbers.
Speaker 1: Don't ask us about me about fifteen hundred pounds of meat. Hey, it is it is wrong to ask someone about meat. I agree. So four burgers is a pound, allegedly, assuming if you're going with cheese, okay, four and these are smash burgers.
Speaker 3: What five hundred pounds pounds?
Speaker 1: One hundreds, four hundred they probably the place isn't like huge, and it's just over It's not like it's in some heavy traffic areas over there in East Dallas. So probably doing that's impossible to know, okay, but still a number. When you gave me the number, I thought it was so shocking. I was like, I got to bring that to the air. And then I brought it to the air and you're guys like, I don't know ten thousand pounds of meat. I was like, no, don't work in that industry. You just you just totally minimized my number that I thought was a huge number. When he told me nine hundred pounds of meat, whoa, okay, hundred, I thought that was shocking.
Speaker 3: It is, But now that we worked it out, now we really realize how shocking.
Speaker 1: That number is.
Speaker 3: It sounds about right, Yeah, nine hundred.
Speaker 1: Like I'll do that with my wife all the time, like, hey, you're never gonna believe this, guess so and so, and you go, oh, five hundred thousand, like that's twenty five times over the number, Like you're not making it fine, Yeah, now that you get now you're breaking news is so unastounding. Yeah, wow, actually I thought I was going to break the internet have an interesting story anymore? Yeah, yeah, the story sucks nine hundred pounds though in a week. Oh yeah, So I went to the new place with the new you know, they've they've got more burgers to juice from. Oh okay, then that's a huge appetizer menu and all that stuff. Whereas at high Fives the bar high fives there pop up, there's two burgers. They're a food truck, right, it's no, no, it's behind the bar high fives. Oh gotcha. It's the Maverick and the og okay, which is you know, they're what they were, but this is like branched out and there's a lot of good options, right, so yeah, you should try it. You know, I'm sitting there going, God, maybe I want to go sooner than Father's Day because that's still like two and a half weeks away. Their bar was huge too, by the way. Yeah pretty nice, Yeah, pretty nice. Nice. So anyways, if you make it on over to Burger Schmerger, you know, get you one of those nine hundred pounds of beef and tell those nice people out there man the Ben and Skin Show, we're talking about nine hundred pounds of beef on their show. All right, we have lots to get to today. You haven't heard Ben's voicehit. You're not going to hear it this week unless it's in the form of the Today game or a drop because he is on vacation. But we will hold it down for him in his stead and hopefully have lots of fun. God bless Jesus, Yes, God bless Jesus. All right, coming up next, I'm gonna play you guys some audio from something that I missed out on the first time, but I'm excited about. We'll do that next right here on the Eagles Jessy News Hot, God come stay on the time in the shove. I'm only doing this because I don't think you guys are gonna get to it the same way I'm probably not gonna get to the Pewee Herman documentary that we discussed yesterday. Well, it's what it is. It's what it is. I had some listeners reach out and say they cried, and the pee wee dot see, I'm not trying to cry, saying I'm gonna tell you a little bit about the show that ended on Sunday night on HBO called The Rehearsal, Season two of it. I've watched about thirty minutes of it. Stars Nathan Fielder, the comedian. Here's the story. You don't even have to watch season one of the Rehearsal to know what's going on here. Okay, the premise of the show completely is he wants to simulate these life situations so can get the life situation right. So all season long he's dedicated himself to the subject of airline safety, and he's reasoning that more plane crashes could have been avoided if pilots and co pilots had healthier interpersonal interversal relationships. If in the cockpit we can have an actual discussion, how you doing, man, you good, then maybe we wouldn't be having so many tragic accidents. So he is going to take his idea all the way up to Washington. Now, wait, hold, on. I think you need to set the parameters of how this show is presented because it's hyper real, and that's one of the things that makes it interesting. It's absolutely really happening. With an HBO budget, he creates simulations of life events, he hires actors. So he's going to take this idea to Washington, right, He's going to have a simulated congressional hearing before actually trying to have a hearing at Congress. So because he's having trouble getting people to go with him on this theory too, or this idea. All right, So this is episode five of a six episode season, so it's the episode before the finale. And what he's going to do, he's going to hire a bunch of actors who are going to play the actual members of Congress. Hire a bunch of actors and put them in the audience of the actual hearing. Okay, and they don't know what's going on, and we're going to try to simulate this as if it would happen. So are these people improvisational actors that he's surrounding himself with, No, we know they're coming in and it shows him going through the auditions as well. Okay, For instance, there's one where they're getting on a plane and his line is, I would like to diet PEPSI please, Like he's that's these people do. These are not real actors, okay, okay. And one thing that he did is he did research on comedians who have gone to Congress before for stuff they cared about seth rogen for Alzheimer's research, John Stewart and Stephen Colbert for nine to eleven firefighters, right, and he's like, one thing he had noticed is that they issue a joke before Congress and then once they get that out of the way, everyone will pay attention to the actual cause because they're expecting me, as a comedian to do this. Now, Nathan Fielder started on Nathan for You. If you don't know him, he's very dry, He's I would be I would be surprised if more than five people listening know who this guy is. The writings are not good for the show. Like when you said Nathan for You, I don't think there's a single person listening right now. There's people who watched it on Comedy Central ten years ago. They know, Okay, but not many. All right, you're right, you're right. So, but he is a comedian, all right, so he's what does his research? So he's like, okay, so in this simulation with these actors around, I'm going to issue a joke and then we're gonna get to the serious nature of what I'm trying to get across here. Okay, I'm gonna play you clip one of him sitting down doing the joke again, Actors in Congress, actors behind him, in the audience of the courtroom. Yep.
Speaker 4: It's an honor to be here in front of the Aviation Subcommittee. The last time I had to answer to a transportation authority was when I got caught mastering.
Speaker 1: On that bus.
Speaker 4: But in my defense, the driver did keep telling me to get off, So all right, well that was just a little joke. So you know, that's a light in the mood there, and now we're gonna in a seriousness. I do want to speak about an issue that's become deeply important to me, which is aviation safety. But I instantly realized something was wrong with this rehearsal when no one in the room laughed. I was just wondering, did you did you find that joke funny?
Speaker 3: The bus joke?
Speaker 1: I love that bush?
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, Okay, cool, because I noticed you didn't laugh.
Speaker 3: I mightn't know.
Speaker 1: I didn't know, didn't know. What if I'm supposed to laugh?
Speaker 4: Oh, I mean you're not supposed to laugh. I mean you're not supposed to do anything. You're just supposed to act like a human.
Speaker 1: You know. If you find something funny, then go for it, then laugh.
Speaker 4: Yeah, if you find it funny, yeah, absolutely, yeah.
Speaker 1: All right, So then he tells him like, hey, you guys can laugh.
Speaker 3: All right, I act like a human.
Speaker 1: So we're gonna try it again. We've gotta try the simulation again. Okay, get it right?
Speaker 4: Okay, hey everyone, just a little reminder in cases any confusion, we're all playing like human beings, right, So if you, as a human, find something funny, it's okay to laugh.
Speaker 1: Just yeah, got it? Okay. Good.
Speaker 4: The last time I had to answer to a transportation authority is when I got caught massively on that bus. But in my defense, the driver did keep telling me to get off.
Speaker 3: I mean, good, good. I just don't want anyone to force a laugh.
Speaker 1: So if you're I'm telling you though, that's the thing about this show is I can't tell it's this is this is where it's crazy if you can't tell what people knowing what they don't. They don't, they don't know. I'm telling you they don't because here's what happens. After the fifth episode, the sixth episode, the finale opens and it goes two years back. Two years ago, he got his pilot's license. He took a crew of people up on a Boeing jet in a flight, and he has another a pilot with him, and it's real. There's also a whole like singing competition that they did in the Houston Airport too. This lady violated her NDA. There's NDAs all across the border here. She valeated her NDA. She had spent some of the money she thought she won on a singing contest. Oh man, Now he kind of feels like a jerk about it, but he also was doing the show and she should not have spent her money that she hadn't won yet she signed the NDA. It's I'm tony. It's more jaw dropping than the Game of Thrones, red Wedding, than anything I ever saw on breaking Back at the Wire. I want to watch it. The twist, well, it's it's unbelievable. Okay, all right, that is the rehearsal on HBO with Nathan Field. All right, submit and Skin Show ninety seven point one The Eagle Coming up next, we have an audio bubble bath. KT's gonna wow us with sounds. Can we guess him? We have some really fun Jack Black audio for you coming up here. I'll make you think in about fifteen minutes or so. But right now it's time for this streaking. All right, So I'm gonna play some audio. I'm gonna see if you guys can guess what's going on here. This is a post it on TikTok a couple of days ago. I will tell you that this is a British lady and see if you can kind of figure out what she's hearing, because she is returned home after work or a night out and she's home alone. But she's a little freaked out because she's hearing this noise. There's fifteen seconds and he guesses where is it happening. It's like in another room in her house and the door shut. Yeah, it's kind of dark in the house too, so she's like, Okay, was that sped up at all? That's an Yeah. I did a bunch of edits to make shorter because it's like a minute and a half. Yeah, can I hear it again? Would you just pick it up where it was? Okay? Or well?
Speaker 2: Go away? Hello?
Speaker 1: Hello? Okay? Any guesses we had a little more.
Speaker 3: But just someone's having a hard time in the bathroom.
Speaker 1: I mean it makes me they get some sort of an exhaust thing.
Speaker 3: It Also, it reminds me of you guys put in the fart prank thing.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, like the fart machine.
Speaker 3: Yeah, like in the studio. So maybe someone put one of those in her oh something.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's good. I mean it does sound so much like a fart that I think it's not a fart. O, guys, Hi, it's a TV Hello? Is that a dog party?
Speaker 3: Okay?
Speaker 1: Kevin, guess it's still do guys are good? You guys are all around it here. It's pretty good farting.
Speaker 2: Hello?
Speaker 1: Stop?
Speaker 3: Who does so? How is that even saying?
Speaker 1: What is a kid playing sound effects on a computer?
Speaker 3: No? Alexa was playing it way.
Speaker 1: Fucked in her Alexa machine, her little Alexa just playing farts the whole time.
Speaker 3: That's incredible.
Speaker 1: Alexa played farts and it is not stop.
Speaker 3: Hello, Hello, Hello, Hello.
Speaker 1: Alexa? Stop?
Speaker 3: Who does how is that? Evenna sing that's amazing.
Speaker 1: That is amazing. So someone said, Alexa play farts for the next three hours and left. Yeah, right right, that has to be what happened.
Speaker 3: Unless she does live alone, then that's creepy.
Speaker 1: She does live alone, just thought someone was in her house. Someone had to have gone and done that, though Alexa doesn't just decide to do it.
Speaker 3: No, we grew up with ferbies. Ferbies would go off just by themselves randomly, so I can relate.
Speaker 1: I never used my Alexa. I think it's too easy for people to hack into now.
Speaker 3: Turned that microphone off.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, that's probably true. Hello, we do. We do a lot of that. We do a lot of what's the weather today? Alexa is what? Well? Hey Siri? Because the iPhones are old. Yeah whatever. All right, there's a fun thing you can do to scare your parents, brought to you by KT here on the Eagle. All right, it's the Ben and Skin Show coming up next. Why don't we do this? Jack Black always makes us think, he makes us laugh, he makes us smile. He's got some audio and you're really gonna like this. We'll play it for you next right around nine one point one to eat coming up later in the show. I'm very interested in KT has the abcs of rock. It's trust me, it's gonna be a lot of fun stick around for that. It's an interactive game that you can play at home with us as well. Now there's a lot of different celebrities out there that deliver amazing audio. They always have something fun and interesting to say, and we can listen to it and then kind of spin it off into a million different topics, and KT you have that right now with one of the greatest actor musicians, Jack Black. He is on the podcast with a polar And I was telling Christina about this Sunday at BFD and then I was like, she was like, WHOA, that's interesting, and someone else jumped into the conversation too, and then I was like, Okay, we'll bring this to the show later in the week. So she's kind of asking him how he spends his free time when you're not working and when you want to just like peace out and chill out, where do you go?
Speaker 5: One thing I realized I stopped listening to music. I was only listening to podcasts and audio books. And I was like, I get music back in my life's stat and so I did this thing called chrono marathons, where you pick a band that you love and you go chronologically through their whole catalog. It's a great way to get the nooks and crannies, and there's probably some bonus tracks that you never listened to listen to all of it, even the songs, because then you find these.
Speaker 1: It's just an interesting way to hear music. I had never done it before, and I swear, I swear by it.
Speaker 3: Who have you done well?
Speaker 1: It's going to sound boring.
Speaker 5: Pink Floyd, I did the Rolling Stones, I did the Beatles, I did led Zeppelin, all these great musicians and people that you're like, hey, there's some songs that I've never even heard that they wrote and.
Speaker 3: Go in complete order.
Speaker 1: I've heard all of them.
Speaker 5: Now, and I like to do a little star on the ones that are extra specials. And the most fun part is going, oh this album is when they hit their stride and you go, they got this window here. There's usually like a four or five year window where their bed went down.
Speaker 1: Why why then?
Speaker 5: And it's also like, oh, yeah, I love this band in this window nineteen seventy eight Steely Dan, you know.
Speaker 1: But anyway, oh, I love that. That's amazing. Fun I can never think about him is awesome. I totally agree. I was sitting there listening to that thinking about a lot of different things at once. One is just the way that he presents himself, I agree, you know, And part of it is I love when someone's passion for something comes through and how they're talking about it, Like you can tell he genuinely cares about what he's talking about, and you know, that's why he kind of goes off in these weird little funny things, you know, because he's kind of caught up in the thing. So he's on, right, and he's on a podcast, yeah, yeah, and he's supposed to be on. But I just think he's a dude that's on and he really cares about things. And uh, that concept what he called it a marathon chrono marathons. For a nerd like me, that concept is super badass because I very much care about what I would deem spheres of influence and like when things happen in time and what happens after it. It may not matter as much now because of the way technology is, but you know, really genres of music which we're on a rock station right, we're on a specific kind of rock station, but even genres of music happen because of a combination of technology that talented people suddenly have their hands on, and then the sphere of influence and how it influences other people. Like there's a real famous line about the first Velvet Underground album. Velvet Underground probably are given credit for having created quote unquote alternative rock, whatever that term would mean to somebody, But the line is, only one hundred people bought the first Velvet Underground album, but every single one of them went on the start a band. Right now, That's what we're talking about with spheres of influence, Like you create this thing and then think about UKT and like your interest in writing comedy and stuff, like there was something that happened in your timeline that sparked you, and then you you're the guy that goes and does all the research and reads about it and stuff that you weren't even alive for when it happened, but it matters because of that chrono marathon idea of what led to something else. Well, it's like I showed that to my wife and she goes, oh my god, you already do that, Yes, I do like we like the Rolling Stone thing that you did.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but like even like we had a concert come up. I did it with the Black Keys a little bit. It didn't go all the way through, but I started at the beginning. Was kind of just kind of bugging through their songs. The Evolution. When we went and saw LCD sound System you know, a month ago, Yeah, I went and listened to all five of the records. Yeah, in order to do it in order. Yes. Cool, And I kind of like to do that when I'm going to see a band I haven't seen in a long time. Yeah, But it's something that's fun to do. And sometimes the seasons there's just like certain bands like in the Fall that just kind of remind me of that and I'm like, Okay, I'm listening to that record right now.
Speaker 3: So I used to do that when I was a kid, like in your high school years, when you discover a band, you're like, I like this song, what else do they have?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: And I remember That's why I loved b LimeWire so much, because I would get all kinds of things. But I do feel bad. It's like Jack Black said, I'm like, man, before we look, before I listened to that Black Keys album on our way up to Chalkdaws, Like when was the last time I actually listened to a full album all the way through? I haven't done that in a long time. And you forget how happy it makes you, And like he said, you forget all of these smaller songs that weren't hits by these huge bands, Like when was the last time I listened to Zeppelin's Hot Do it exists? I just never listened to it.
Speaker 1: There's just so much to consume. But then there's those things that really matter to you that you go back. I've got in my living room. I've got this old refurbished turntable, and I got a badass rocking chair. And so when I do want to do that like unwind, I will put on records and I'll sit my Scotch or whatever and just sit there and listen to records. And it just evens me out. I mean, you guys know me. I can't turn my brain off, but it at least puts my brain in a place where it's not rapid fire just banging off the wall. Right, It can just even me out. But I do sit there and think about is there a band that you guys got into late. In other words, you know they already. The one I can think of for me is Radiohead, because I didn't get into Radiohead until Okay Computer, and I was actually I think Okay Computer probably been out for about a year or so when I discovered it, or nine months, and then I was like, I can't believe how much I like this. I've always known this band, uh, but I never paid attention to him. So then, you know, I kind of got to pick up halfway through their thing. But I did go back and I listened to their first record. I was like, oh, yeah, it's terrible. They have literally, depending on how you feel about Creep, two songs on that album that are worth it. Tame Pabla Honey's Tough, Pablo Honey Tough. The Bens is great. You going fun of me for this a lot. My favorite band, though, I got into ten years after they had begun, and their window was very much ninety four to ninety nine, that window he was talking about, Uh huh. I got into them in two thousand and four. Who are they Matthew's band? Oh oh oh right, I have to say, but that's your age. You were fourteen or fifteen. Yeah, yeah, yeah, I mean would have missed it, but like they were, their prime was over. Yeah, you know that's when I discovered it. Yeah, but that's because how old were you and crash happened because that was when they became like a thing that people like me would know. Eight. Yeah, it's rare that you're going to be super into a band, tod eight. It's tough. It's tough, especially when the only stations in town just played country music too, right, right, yeah, all right man, yeah, Jack Black, he's awesome. All right, it's been and skin Show ninety seven point one The Eagle coming up next playoff time. We'll do a little sports with you. Let's talk about who the next wave of famous people are going to be. You're gonna like this. It has to do with technology. These are the people that your kids are going to be telling you about. We'll do all that next, but right now, it's time for this.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 4: It's cool around the sports kgdu twints as all.
Speaker 2: The sports.
Speaker 1: I do and the Star's loss last night tough. I I had a thing, uh and I didn't get to see it, but I was checking my phone and I felt like every time I looked at my phone. It was still two to one.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it wasn't fun, skin.
Speaker 1: And then I saw the final score and I guess there's a couple empty netters or something.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they did basically back to back empty netters on us.
Speaker 1: But yeah, did y'all stick in there? And like, watch this thing I did? I did? I thought this Dallas Morning News article is pretty good about it. The headline stars not tough enough nor smart enough. Oh to rally from three to one deficit. That's Tim Callshaw. Wow, he called him a bunch of dumb peas. But Edmonton's scored on power play penalties. You can't, you can't, You just can't.
Speaker 3: And we had so many chances to score and it just wouldn't happen.
Speaker 1: That's what sucked about this whole thing is we outplayed them in the first period and they walked away losing one to nothing. After the first period. Hard to tie it up and it's fine, and then Edmonton just kind of got another penalty and there we go. It is so rare in football or basketball. It can happen in basketball, maybe a little bit in baseball, but it is more common in hockey and maybe soccer that you can get out played the entire game and win. And I'm not saying that's what happened here. But hockey is so weird because it is so hard to score and you can kick someone's ass for fifty eight minutes and they get two fluky goals on you and you lose. Yeah, it's such a weird game. Man, it sucks. But tomorrow night we have to protect this house. Oh I like that, such a good sports cluche we get them tomorrow night. You know what turn up? You know what they need, right, Pantia, I mean everybody needs Pantara, Tom Cruise. Think about right before they skate out there, what if he turns and discriminately points them between two of the players, Like he's pointing in between Sagan and Ben, and he says, think about what that would do. Think about how that could change their fortune. Let's go get them. But I have a great summer. Kind of reeks of like, well, no, he's saying, you'll have a great sum or if you go get them, summer is always better when you end winning. So I think I do you think the Starts have a good coach? This is his eighth conference final with four different teams. I believe is eighth conference final. Okay, he is zero Stanley Cups. Wow? Has he even made it then? Yeah, because he made it with the Stars and oh he was coaching them. Oh, Tony right? Is it the old coach man? This is again where the pandemic ruins everything? No, I just forget everything. I think it was I think it was Debor was it Wendy Rouff? I had I had. I had lunch with a friend that I hadn't seen since before the pandemic, and we were having that conversation. Did we have we seen each other since the pandemic?
Speaker 3: It's been five years?
Speaker 1: Five years, Joe, hard to know? Hard to know. There's a Star's action the Pacers. It's on. They're showing highlights behind your head right now. Rick Carlisle is now won with the Pacers three to one and likely going back to the finals. I was thinking last night he didn't have a Dirk story like the twenty eleven story. But this is pretty pretty special for him to go back to the Pacers where he'd already been and to possibly take them to the finals. I don't know, incredible. I don't know why. I mean, I'm just that's my connection to the Pacers, yeah, Carlisle. And they also they have two assistant coaches on their staff that I was that am friends with, like I will text them occasionally, and one of them I was texting with a month ago, because you know, he was just dealing with stuff. And you know that's if you are around somewhere long enough, all the people come through and you meet them and stuff. I've got connections to the Knicks and I've got connections to the Pacers, and so I would be happy if either advanced. And then also, I'm this sounds weird to say this. It's not like he were super tight, but if I texting me, hits me back. I'm friends with the GM of the Oklahoma City Thunder, oh ass, and so even though like around here we kind of hate the Thunder low key, I would be ecstatic if he finally got his ring. I never got the hatred for the Thunder. I think it's just bases blowing up, you know. I never uh, you know, obviously, we've also kind of been their daddy for yeah, for a while, Like that's true. So I don't know if i've really I've never felt that, but I do want Minnesota to put up a fight tonight and make it a series, and I'd like to see that, okay, just to go, oh yeah, I give me if my team's not in it. I want every series to go south because think we might be going six days off and then we have the Midwest NBA Finals to the Pacers and Thunder. In that world, everybody knows each other. But I did walk into the hotel bar of the Scurve. And you guys have heard of the Scurve, and that's the haunted hotel in downtown Oklahoma City and we used to stay there when we played at Oklahoma City. I've stayed there a few times. I did walk into the hotel bar on a Saturday night and the GM of the Thunder was sitting there. I don't even know if it was alcohol, you might have been drinking water, I don't know, but was sitting there with Rick Carlisle, and I was just like, this is so interesting. Yea, that works because they're enemies, but they're also friends, right, everyone knows everybody. Everyone knows everybody. It's a very small fraternity. So if it ends up being the Pacers and the Thunder, who do you want to win? Pacers? Yeah, I love the thunder story, but I still see them as like and this is the whole thing about Luca getting trade to the Lakers almost. I don't want these teams who are in our conference to do well. Well. Here's the other thing. This could be the beginning of the most insane run because if you look at the age of those guys, they are poised to go win three or four of these things. It's terrifying. And look it. Injuries, all these things happen, but they are set up. And after having drafted Kevin Durant, Russell Westbrook and James Harden, and then having to trade all three of them, think about what he's rebuilt. That's why. That's why they're the best front office in sports. All Right, it is the Ben and Skin Show. Katie explain what's happening next and our I Love Technology segment. I can tell you these seven types of people that will be famous next, and that's happening next. Ninety seven won the Eagle. But right now it's time for this. Why do you love me? Why do you HOI forever? So good Man child, he loves technology. They met in the chat room. I forgot that worldwide lives great.
Speaker 3: You make me sell those.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I love.
Speaker 1: Technical you see the best actor. Yeah, the last fifty years, that's what we've been in one movie. Okay, So I'll me the first to ten that I am a little bored with AI content and just the discussion of AI. It's out there, we all know it, we're using it. Yeah, but I don't even want to be around anymore, I know, right, But this was interesting to me. I've actually been sitting on this for a while. I found it this morning. I was like, oh, yeah, why have I been sitting on this since April tenth. So there's this gal that was on Threads and she was basically like, in the last fifty years someone was on Threads. Yeah, Threads is still killing it, dude, is that right? Keeps trying to get me to go every day and I never do something I don't Yeah, but when I click on it, I'm always interested. Okay. So here's what we see. Who was famous in the seventies and eighties. Musicians and actors, rock stars, bitch nineties became kind of models and like it, men and women you know, still actors still that, but kind of fade away. Two thousands TV Personalities, Reality TV and then twenty ten's became influencers normies. So this bitch went to chat GPT yeah and said, what is the next phase of fame based on what we've seen over the last fifty years artificial fame number one expert led fame. So, like, you know, there's growing distrust in media, oh, legacy media, yes, and there's growth and there's distrust in influencer culture. Yeah, but there is a shift towards valuing people who have depth and credibility yeah, and academic knowledge. So if you're running a YouTube channel or you're hosting a radio show where you're you know, being an expert on one topic, huh, and the branches around that topic, that's what will be famous next. That's interesting to me. That's interesting to me, especially since I read a story this morning that a cabinet member is trying to ban scientists from writing in medical journals anymore. But no, I mean this is really interesting. You know, if you really want to spend more than five seconds thinking about it, the person saying don't trust legacy media, why would they be saying that, Yeah, spend some time thinking about it. Yeah, one, I try not too. Yeah, cultural preservationist and translators. Oh, I lolization continues. Absolutely, Translators are so valuable. Right now, you know who the number one DFW cultural preserve preservationist is, Robert Wolanski. Robert Wolanski, Like you weren't even halfway through that sentence, and the first thing I thought was, well, that's what Robert Wolanski. That's how he functions in this city, and I respect the hell out of it. Fame here is less about spectacle, more about stewardship and storytelling. Yes, thank Sarah Hepplis kind of going down that, Yeah, that same avenue. I agree that, Alice Morning News, that's what our buddy, rest in peace. I got real sad the other day because I thought I had some music and I was sitting there and I was like, I would love to share this with Zach Crane right now. Oh my god, what a great guy, rest in Peace. I told you I had seven three AI generated or AI enhanced.
Speaker 3: Personality personalities are going to be famous AI?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I fear this. I think they're already. There aren't people subscribing to like fab hoorn and fake only fans and stuff. I don't like this, Like, isn't been looking at a picture right now of an AI generated guild.
Speaker 3: Hold on, can we make money from that?
Speaker 2: Though?
Speaker 3: If I were to do an AI generated person.
Speaker 1: If you're the one that generated it or hit the you're the one that hit the sin button. I guess I don't even know what the world are rules.
Speaker 2: Rules.
Speaker 3: Now I'm back on board.
Speaker 1: Okay, there are no rules, but you will get canceled if you get handsy. Yeah. Yeah, shows why I still have a job. Have it been handsy and not in a while? Purpose driven figures people seeking meaning public figures tied to causes, activism, mental health, yeah, social justice, yeah, all that stuff. Those people have created a following. They we're seeing this happening, and the people that are trying to stop those things have created a following as well. Now here's us. Yeah. Micro fame and can munity celebrities. Yes, that's me. I've got micro fame. Micropeen fame is what I have. That guy, it's famous versus micropen. I have a tiny penis. Oh, Kevin, you can't steal my thunder. I went in there over the weekend and urged that from Christina's got it on seven different hard drives just in case that's the case. Does the Internet's fragmenting fame into subcultures with platforms with TikTok, Discord, Patreon, blah blah blah blah blah. This is fame without universality, intensely loyal, highly engaged like audiences. You know, it's true. Our listeners are efing awesome, man, Yeah, locked in and you know what it really brings up, though, Do you care more about money or fame because they are not the same and these this is fame. There's I think a lot of these fragmentation is going to stop the mega rich, uh or people become mega rich, not the big corporations are always gonna have their money and those people that started. But I'm saying, like an actor, you know, being so financially set because of all these things he's created, I think fragmentation makes that harder. I think it's harder now to know who the new actor is. Yeah, it's because everything is fragmented, absolutely, platforms. There's not enough people know that John Mulaney's fighting three kids. Deny, Oh it's tonight. Oh my god, we'll talk about that tomorrow. We used to know about it, but we don't anymore. I don't have the other reasons. Because it's time to go, Man, we should probably go. Do you don't want to say one? I thought I want to do this today game. I want to hear about what the Frinkles got cooking? All right? Coming up next to today games, your friends KT, Christina and old curmudgeon skin Way gotcha on lock. Thanks for hanging out with us today. I am excited for this music segment we're gonna get into. It's a it's a two parter. We're gonna get into it at five point thirty five. It's a great KT fun tweets creation, and it involve the alphabet, your favorite bands, and your musical brain. So don't go anywhere. We got that on tap now right now. If you're paying attention to the sports world, you're seeing the Oklahoma City Thunder are waiting for the Indiana Pacers, who they will likely play in the Western Conference Finals. But man, the Dallas Mavericks got so lucky on getting the number one pick when they had a one point eight percent chance of getting it that I'm watching these playoffs KT, and I'm serious. If they have good health next year, I don't see any reason why the Mavericks can't be back in a title hunt next year. They're going to add because what you need to remember is remember the Houston Rockets game this year where Anthony Davis got hurt, But just remember how good they looked, and there's a chance that that exact team can be ready to rock in May or you know, late April of next year. Also adding Cooper Flag, the number one pick who could start for most teams playoff time. See, that's what you're going to say, we'll be back in playoff time now. The other component of this is that the Mavericks are likely going to add another player, a quote unquote veteran point guard. They're going to make some other moves. We don't know what it is yet, but you've been following this and seeing it out there in the world, and there's some names worth talking about. Well, yeah, Mark Stein's the first one to kind of throw out a few names. Again, he's just you know, yeah, he's just throwing some things out there. And let's just say, if you don't know Mark Steins Hall of Fame, NBA writer, reporter, and he is not an opinion maker, No, he is a reporter. So if he's saying something that means there's credible people that are suggesting this to him. That's why it's different than Steven A. Smith going, I think he's a joker. You know, it's not that. It's hey man, I'm talking to people and this is what I'm here. And he said, Chris Paul is a name to monitor for the Mavericks. That was the very first name I threw out when they got the number one month ago. Yeah, it was the very first name I thought of and did. This does work in tandem with the report that yeah, it's probably not going to return to the Spurs. He's forty. Yeah. And then you go to look at the Vegas odds and they're like, oh, yeah, there's the Dallas Mavericks the number one team for Chris Paul. You know, the Clippers are on there. There's a couple other teams. I because once Wimby Victor wimbin Yama, their old Universe player, once he was out for the year and they had made the darn Fox trade and then Daron Fox got hurt. I kind of stopped paying attention to them. Yeah, and then the Mavericks played them late in the year, and these back to back games. I went and did one of the games, and when we played them, Chris Paul was on a stretch where he was hitting like eighty percent of his threes over the previous five games. So what you're talking about, Alright, he's forty. You're not talking about leaning heavily on someone. You're talking about getting a guy that really knows how to play basketball and seeing if you can get twenty minutes a night out of him to be smart at most, at most, just be smart and get you to the point where Kyrie comes back and then he's just a part of the rotation. Well, it certainly feels like they will play lineups where maybe Naji Marshall has to be your point guard minutes a game or six minutes a game. Did you see the d magazine article our buddy Jake Ken from the Dumb Zone rote No, he finally came around and decided that he would write about basketball. Okay, not just back yeah, and not just you know, feeling angst over the Maverick situation. Hold on, Nico's still here? Does he know that? Well, you know what he was writing about, which is something we've talked about. Hey, man, Cooper, flag is your two guard, and it's like it's really I didn't have anybody tell me this, but I feel like I really know Jason Kidd's tendencies, and I know what Cooper Flag is and we weren't, you know, twenty four hours removed from the lottery, and I was like, dude, if you look at this team, barring some seismic trade, which I'm I'm one thousand percent entrenched in the camp of I do not want to trade PJ. Washington Junior. I want him to be a Maverick. I think he fits perfectly. I think if you want to add something, I get it. He's not the guy I'm trying to trade. I think him and Cooper Flagg can play side by side one another in three different, completely different lineups and work. So I want to keep him. And the way that Nico and j Kidd want to play defense, they very much matter, right, Like you can play Lively and Anthony Davis and Cooper Flag and PJ. Washington Junior together, and you just mentioned nag Nage can be out there with them against certain lineups. If you had Chris Paul that's your starting point guard. Everyone's going, wait, what about Klay Thompson. Yeah, I think this might be time for Klay to start coming off the bench, yeah, or at the age he's at and still be really good, like he will matter and there will be times where he's closing games. But you know, at some point, if you want to win a title, you kind of have to accept where you are based on the construction of the team. And Clay may not be there yet. And maybe Clay is out there with the other four guys. We'll see how that goes. But when I look at lineups, man, I'd love to bring Klay Thompson off my bench and I have him just punish second units, give you fifteen a game coming off the bench and be six Man of the Year. Be incredible. That'd be great and he part of that might be if he wants to do that or not, or do they think they could get something for him right? You know? And people I think people have just already forgotten that Brandon Williams is on the team. Yeah, and they like Brandon Williams. And Brandon Williams has shown that he can give you twenty minutes a night too. I think so too. I think coming off the bench, think about him and Clay coming off the bench together, that would they would give back up units a lot of problems. And if you don't make another trade, which I think they will, but if you don't make another trade, those two guys coming off the bench with Gafford, Yeah, man, they're gonna give Previel problems. Xcellm's here too. Still he can they have to re sign him, but I can. They have something called early bird rights. When you need to get into him, you can get point guard minutes. Absolutely, and he's a good defender. Didn't what he he ain't come back? Eric, Yeah, he's your to me, he's your starter to me. Him and Anthony Davis are starting side by side with PJ with PJ Flag and then Nausey or Clay or Chris Paul did the name Malcolm Brogg didn't make it out there. I didn't see the two names that were floated in his arcle row Lonzo ball players are monitor which I don't have a lot of interesting only because I I just it's he's gonna get hurt. He's now it is. I'm sorry it sucks for him. And then Drew Holliday, which would be a lot of maneuvering, and I think it's too much money for him at that age. He makes a ton of money. But you know, and uh, everybody talking about the Celtics. You know, hey, the Celtics are going to get rid of guys. And I was like, oh, I want Derek White. I'm like, man, the Celtics are going to try to get off Drew Holiday. Because think about this, by the time Tatum is back Drew Holidays only thirty seven making that much money. Yeah, Derek White's only thirty one, so and his contract's about to go up. But anyways, it's pretty fun that there's stuff like this to talk about with the Dallas man. I did not seem likely, you know, three weeks ago. Now, Hey, what's coming up in the weekday Update? Well, I've got some bad news in terms of business in DFW. Man, what a jerk. I'm sorry. We'll do it next then. And Skin Show ninety seven point one The Eagle, it's your boys, KT skin little Baby corn Bread Christina, and we are holding it down this week, Big Ben on vacation. Now coming up at the bottom of the hour, we have a little music news exercise for you. It's going to be fun and you can play along at home or in your car or whatever however you want to do.
Speaker 5: It.
Speaker 1: I want to remind you that one of our great sponsors is Andrew's American Pizza Kitchen. That's the delicious pizza joint in Plano right there at Preston and Plano Parkway. They have mastered five different styles of pizza and they all good. Now, if you haven't had the Dallas style, you gotta do that because that's kind of like the proprietary thing that they do. It's the legacy of Picasso's pizza. If you remember that back in the day. Get it with the buttercrust. Trust me, great pasta dishes, incredible bar, they got Chicago Deep Dish, they got the Detroit style, they got Philly Tavern, they got classic New York style where you fold that joint over and shove it in your mouth. You're gonna love it. Preston and Plano Parkway. It's Andrew's American Pizza Kitchen. But right now it's time for this, and now it's time for Basins. Sweet Day Up Day featuring veteran news anchor kt fon tweets.
Speaker 2: Here are the important stories he's currently tracking from around the world.
Speaker 1: Hey bags fly free. Now YouMore a a now at Southwest Airlines, no, they're not doing it anymore. You have If you're in a check a bag, this isna be thirty five dollars. If you're in a check a second bag, it's gonna be forty five dollars.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 1: So I don't know if this is because I have an American Express card, but my first bag on American Airlines, I never have to pay for it. Same, Well it's American Airlines, so okay. Well I was just I was just making sure it wasn't like some you know, part of a club thing I have. Yeah, you might be Gucci fan. Well well, my whole point though, is that they went from all bags fly free to now none of them. They ran on it. They ran on it was their whole thing.
Speaker 3: I will go ahead, Well don't they have a similar program to that? They said, like if you get their credit card, Oh yeah, you can get one for free.
Speaker 1: Yeah, if you want to get in their loyalty thing, okay, year and do all that stuff again. They ran on that. They also ran on a great commercial campaign. For many years. Something embarrassing would happen and it would go want to get away? Yeah, because when something when you pup your pants in public, you immediately just get on a plane. Okay. They had a great slogan as well for a long time when they would do the ding like the captain was coming over there, you are now free to fly around the country. Yeah, that's that was a great slogan iconic. I like Southwest Airlines because I love Field's closer, and it's just it's just kind of nice. I'm with you, but this is gonna hurt people who are going long distance. And my other thing on Southwest, I'm gonna knock them for a minute. There's not a lot of options on flights. You got like, Okay, I want to go here on this day, Well here's one flight you can Yeah where if you go to American and well there's nine flights to choose from today. Dude, we are going to We're going to New York. But the reason we're going there is our buddy Paul is doing a show in Staten Island in July and we were pulling up flights, a thousand of them. Paul Paul Shalda, Yes, Statton Island. Yeah, gotta go to the Collins Joe just Pete Davidson Ferry. Uh is that what that's called that he should do a show on that fair that would be great. But anyway, as we were pulling up flights, and to your point on American there's a thousand flights going to New York. Be constant, chuck full all day long, you can pick. I was thinking to compensate for this. What do you think about old Remember that story we did a few weeks ago about that old lady. They wouldn't let her fly. Oh, the ninety nine year old lady or one hundred or house was very old and they didn't believe her. And it's like, okay, how about Hags fly free. That's a great roma. Women over ninety. Yeah, that's how Southwest could get me back in I like women over ninety free flights. Yeah, senior citizens. Yeah, that's the Hags fly Free. Great promo starting in a few years probably once they get this. And is it still going to be a free for all where you just line up and then go grab any seat? Because I heard they were changing that, right, I think they already changed it. Yeah I would. I haven't flown with him in a while.
Speaker 3: That's just a horrible strategy. Anyway, like people already again, I fly American airlines, I have for years, But it's already chaotic when we have our groups, like people just stand there. Even if their group is five, they call group one. People all huddle up there. So I can't imagine a free for all.
Speaker 1: We do need order. Oh god. It is weird too. When you like you're in position number six, you're like, dope, this is great. I'll be on the front row or wherever you not have leg room. And then they start calling all these groups in front of you. Have you guys ever seen Bill Burr's a bit about this. No, Bill Burr's got this hilarity. It's a really great bit where he's at the very front and he's like, all right, him in pole position, he says, And then they start calling these groups, right, they're calling these groups. And then they call these veterans, and I'm like, wait a minute, how do we know what kind of veterans they are? Did that guy actually see action? Action? Because if he wasn't an office, why does he get to get on in front of me? Was this guy working at the pro shop? Yes? So good, dude. McDonald's is shutting down all cosmics locations. That is a very quick distruction.
Speaker 3: And they had four right here in Texas.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I've got one. I've got one half a mile from my house. Same same I went on too. In fact, grant opening day there was throwing up some free drinks. Ran into Tim McMahon there, big memory. You know, never forget that day. I can't believe they're gone already. This is like under two years. Oh dude, it's under a year. I think the free clasted longer than cosin so I think so, and I think we offered more so. One of the problems with cosmics you do know what the food options. Okay, so you're getting coffee, drinks or whatever, and you think something they got pretzel bites.
Speaker 5: What.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it was a weird premise. But I'm not a big like drink person, so I think it was more steered for kids. It was, I think because my daughter will go to Dutch Bros. Or any of those places.
Speaker 1: Dude. I mean my family soured on it really fast, like we went, you know, okay, it's close, no one's ever there, and it's like, man, I don't know that I dig the options. Yeah, what does it say about them closing like across the country or just in Texas. Well, there's one in Illinois, Foreign Texas closing by late June. Yeah, I don't really know that there's too much about Yeah, I don't really know.
Speaker 3: Are those all the locations? Because I saw that too, and I was like, there's no way there's only five locations.
Speaker 1: With four of them all attach to god, I've seen them all. Yeah, man, we need to I wouldn't mind making a quick trip to Illinois to get all five in. All right, it's the Ben and Skin Show ninety seven point one. The Eagle coming up next. Kat explain what's happening in music news. Well, this Great Rock Publication put out a list of bands that they say are the best by the letter Rock and Roll. ABC's next, No on a Wednesday, guy. That's the thing about Memorial Day or Labor days. Then you get the four day work week. Oh. I forgot to tell you, guys, I didn't drink yesterday.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and you're still alive.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you see more lively. Yeah, I'm gonna be drinking here shortly. I'm to go to meet my buddy Cido. But oh no, yeah, I hadn't seen him in a while. But I didn't drink yesterday.
Speaker 3: Good for you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know what it reminds me of this. You know, the more you think about it, that's kind of a gross intro. I love it. I think it's our best intro. Loudwire is a music publication. They like to talk about the upcoming tours. They do some interviews, news and lists, you know, stuff like that. They still support the music industry. Stuff for jocks, really for anyone who likes music. And they have put out this list. It is the rock and roll Alphabet, the best rock band for each letter of the alphabet. Incredible. So I thought we could run through and just kind of see all these old bands or their solo artists. A lot of bands, A lot of bands, okay, just bands. So you know, if you've got any alternatives, have them ready, A ACD. We all know A. We're all good with that too, right. I don't think there's gonna be any fine on that one. I would consider pop supergroup Asia.
Speaker 3: Oh. I thought you would say Aerosmith.
Speaker 1: No, I'd rather have my nuts run over than listen to anything by Aerosmith. After Toys in the attic, b Oh, go ahead, I'll just say if you put on seventies Aerosmith, I'm cool and loving an elevator or anything like that. Just seriously, take a bat to my head. I just don't think you can even get to an alternative pray that's even worthy of discussion. What about ambrosia?
Speaker 3: Nope, anthrax oh.
Speaker 1: Dunk don dude, you gotta consider more than anthrax. Okay, they're not relatable, Like, no one good good, No one ever gives a patient anthrax so that they can deal with their pain. Anthrax kills you. Kevin a CDC worthy champion, Yeah, for sure. Absolutely, They're the ask Kings. Yeah. B the Beatles, I mean, I think it has to be that, either that or Bad Company.
Speaker 3: They're going Hall of Fame. Let's give it to him one years Bad Company they.
Speaker 1: Got three songs. You would not give it to Bad Company.
Speaker 3: Black Keys?
Speaker 1: Oh, I mean for the modern audience. Yeah, that Bastards of Souls for sure. Uh, it's got to be the Beatles. So okay, and I I think the Black Keys are are worthy of consideration. Is there anybody we're forgetting? I don't think so Bad Finger, bad Fingers, my Baby Blue Breaking bad Finally, yeah, pretty good. The Bad Finger, I believe is a Weren't they on Apple Records, which is the label the Beatles started. I have no idea. I think I don't know my questions.
Speaker 3: Counting Crows is the first.
Speaker 1: Don't laugh, They're great. I love it is your winner on this list. Are serious, dude, my sacrifice? Can you take me higher my own prison? With arms wide open? I would take c cr Hell, I'd take Crosscadien rag Weed, I would take the Carpenters over Creed. My God would play.
Speaker 3: Good Creed here.
Speaker 1: Okay, Creed's Creed just got cold played and nickelbacked. They're not the worst band, they just got the reputation as being the worst band. I think Christina brings up the best one for me. I do love CCR like they don't get old to me. A lot of classic rock gets old to me. They don't get old to me. D Devo the Darkness, Oh they're fun. Oh dude, do O Theo hedgebucht uh No really day Deaf Leopard all right. I have a soft spot in my heart for Deaf Leppard because I was in junior high when Pirate Romania. Okay, well, I've got a soft spart for Creed because that all their crap came out when I was a junior high all right, I want Human Clay. Yeah, everyone, let's go head to head def Leppard and Creed. Who do you take Creed? I'm not saying you right now, I'm just saying listeners, you just said you would take Creed. Anyone over forty has taken def Leppard. I don't know, man, I din't think there's a nostalgia thing with def Leppard. O some Sugar me. I mean that song sucks, but you know what I'm saying, like early def Leopard, me and my wine, bringing on the heartbreak, rock of Ages, rock of agest, bit, let's get rocked. Yeah. Photograph is it great? I love photographs. A great song, It's like a pop song. Bite that one's good too, Okay.
Speaker 2: I think.
Speaker 1: Having said all that, I'd rather listen to Dio, e Elo, Electric Light or Electric six.
Speaker 3: Okay, yeah, it's Electric six, but Elo has got a broader reach.
Speaker 1: It's got to be Electric Light Orchestra Eagles. Oh yeah, of course I have to defer, right, you know what? So the Eagles, They've got a bunch of songs that I would be good if they never existed. But if you put together their top seven or eight songs, you're going to absolutely love them, and they're not going to wear you out. F Fleetwood, Mac Father John, Misty, fog Hat, Franz Ferdinand. They say find South. Of course I have no problem with that. Okay, I'm he did so did you really have to ask? Does that song?
Speaker 3: Over and over and over? We haven't heard about their new drummer yet, right, there's no drummer.
Speaker 1: Okay, you'll find out. Okay, you'll find out. G Spot.
Speaker 3: Green Day, Oh.
Speaker 1: That's a great one. Yeah, it's got to be Green Day. Who am I forgetting Gang Green for your time? Oh? I don't like them? Who Christina? You've seen them a popular, real popular with the g one of the most popular bands of the eighties, the Go Gos no.
Speaker 3: The eighties, and I've seen them. That's strange. Guns and Roses, Oh yeah, that wasn't a great show. Sorry, it's you've got to take guns I would I. I like Green Day more than Guns and Roses too. I was taking Green Day, but no, it's hard to.
Speaker 1: Have a better album than Appetite for Destruction though. That's just one of those monster albums of old time that's undefeated. Should we go and pick it up at h Are we good? Yeah? Let's pick it up at h I'll give us time to think about it. Yeah, while we listen to music. All right, we're gonna get to the backside of the alphabet. But Ben and Skin Show ninety seven point one The Eagle. This segment brought to you by Roller Town beer Works. That's the brewery in Salona, Texas that me and Ben are partner's in. And man, we're just so proud that the beer is out the there and everywhere. If your favorite bar restaurant doesn't carry it, ask them to. Man, I just talked last week. There's great venues that have it, venues like Tulips for example, or the American Airline Center Globe Life. You can also pick up our cans in most metroplex Tom Thumb's, Albertson's, Total Wines and more as well. And also thanks to be able to have been with us since day one, like good Friend and Fortunate Son, Great Burger Spot, family Spot in East Dallas, neighborhood Spot, and then Fortunate Son with their pizza so delicious. Thank you for supporting Roller Town Beer Works. Now we're right in the middle of this again. The thing's big. It is ABC's of Rock. According to Loudwire, one of our favorite publications always so h they have a band h is tough h bands out there, sail Storm. Oh, I mean after that Hoodi and the Blowfish you kind of get Also, yeah, I could take a one him her.
Speaker 3: Well him as an actual is her an actual?
Speaker 1: Oh? Yes, Jesus, Oh Jesus are on h. I don't know what you got, heart. I mean they got four songs I can deal with. Let's move do I in excess? The Interpool is the first one across my mind. But that's a little too indie probably, Yeah, Incubus perfect never really did it for me, though, I didn't have to say it out loud. Just keep it to yourself. Oh you did say that out loud. Okay, Sometimes I'm in your thoughts, Jay j I would take Judas Priest over Journey, but I'm sure they put Journey had Jack White on mine.
Speaker 3: Yeah you can't.
Speaker 1: I thought we're doing bands, we kin are ok because they went with Christina. You're gonna you're gonna paint yourself for this. You're gonna not like this one Jimmy Hendricks experience. Oh yeah, you can do that because it was a trio. You can do that the Jimmy Hendricks experience ka craft work. I mean for me it would be the Killers.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, yeah Killers.
Speaker 1: I think for most people it would be Crocus. You're gonna your first concert? Oh, Kiss, Kiss, and that makes sense? Yeah? Can you guys believe I saw Kiss when I was nine? Did they play Beth? Hell? Yeah they did. Peter Chris got old sentimental Skin. You get to go first on this one, and then me Elle uh oh. The Japanese metal band Loudness. Go ahead, Christina, Leon Bridges el lover Boy.
Speaker 3: Oh, led Zeppelin because I'm thinking z that's why Led Zepplin.
Speaker 1: Your first name is led Zipp. Would you take led Zeppelin over the Lover Boy?
Speaker 3: Yes?
Speaker 1: What about over Creed?
Speaker 3: Yes? I take Zeppelin over every band.
Speaker 1: Zeppelin's it was pretty cool. After the Black Keys show, the house music was Led Zeppelin.
Speaker 3: That was amazing.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Man, Christina is floating on clouds having the best night. Don't you have ramble on and you're like your bio on one of your social media yep, and they're playing ramble On in honor of Christine. He was on Cloud nine and we were over there on Cloud eight holding her dog. Why well, no, you did it though it's fun. Stay over the hold. People say that. I want to make sure though everybody understood we were holding our own dongs like you weren't holding mine and I wasn't holding yours. We were standing on Cloud eight, but we were holding our own individual dolls. Clarify, what is that cloud didn't come from? It's a great temptation song, is it? And then the first to do it who came up with the term, I don't know, it's good and we need to know? Call him Metallica. What the legendary Seattle band Modest Mouse. No, I did not Motley Crue. Oh I take Metallica over Motley loud Wire, known for being a little more classic than was around in the eighties.
Speaker 3: I know, I know, but.
Speaker 1: Freaking ninth grade. I think Motley Crue is terrible in Nirvana easy, all right, sorry, I took your I stole your thing, either them or Nazareth.
Speaker 3: We're playing to Save the Cicada show June eighth, by the.
Speaker 1: Way, Okay, June eighth is give me a day of the week, Dear Cat Sunday, all right, little baby corn Bread.
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 1: Also Motley Ausie, Oh well, he's not a band Automatopedia, and we think they're going to be touring if they can keep it together. Oasis, I still think every day that goes by and they haven't reunited just yet, there's a chance that it all fizzles out. I don't have a problem with Oasis.
Speaker 3: Yeah, pe Pink Floyd.
Speaker 1: Oh, it's got to be Pink Floyd, Pantera, Pearl Jam. I personally prefer Pink Floyd to Pearl Jam, but I totally understand if you want to be Pearl Jam guy, I'd say they're probably on the same level. For me, I would say I like him. Our listeners are like Dimebag bro It's Pantera, suck it, q Queen's reke Yes, Queens of the Stone Age Yeah, Queens of the Stone Age. For me, I think it'll just be Queen. Yes, great work everyone. I actually prefer Queens of the Stone Age to Queen. Come on, Quintin Start is just great. But let's not act like they're better than Queen's incredible. All right, fine, come on? Fine? Are Radiohead going to the mall?
Speaker 5: Later?
Speaker 1: Radiohead? Radiohead? Rat Radio Oh, let's go, let's go out of the cellar. One of the greatest albums of Old Time. Kat apologies to Rat and to Radiohead, and we appreciate their candidacy. Candidacy. There's a lot of ra A bands that are good, The Ramones, Rolling Stone, Yeah whatever, Rolling Stones just like whatever yet and you know that let me go back, let me go back right quick. On P would you guys consider the Police? Yeah, definitely, I freaking love consideration. Yeah, I mean you you get three guys together that are that good. And by the way, on R you could put Rush in there talking about power trios. Absolutely, But man, the level of musicianshipping those two bands, specifically Police and Rush, oh my god.
Speaker 3: Yes, oh uh, I'm not seeing sticks. I'm not saying sticks.
Speaker 1: God. I'd rather if we're talking over it should be sligned the family Stone. But yeah, they're not. We're not. We're just doing rock. Yeah, I would say Steely Dan over Strokes. I like the Strokes, but I prefer Steely Dan. But I'm also a fifty four year old white guy sound Garden. Wow, totally cool with that, dude.
Speaker 3: Have you seen that they may release some previously recorded stuff before Chris passed away? They might release it?
Speaker 1: Oh cool, very exciting. I'm in a little creepy too. Yeah, te triumph my another power trio. Would you let me have the Talking Heads? Yeah? Okay, you know I love the Talking Who did they say? A band with a huge fan base and very very loyal tripping Daisy Tool? Oh yeah, our audience probably prefers Tool to anything.
Speaker 3: You you too?
Speaker 1: You ya heat? You did it? Christina? You two over your riyah heat. Okay, there's options, Yeah, the pretty easy, the Vaginants, van Halen Van Halen Village people do the Village People, van Halen w War? Good God, Joe, that's Edwin Starr. I'm talking about the actual band War that sings Lowrider.
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Is that who they have? They took the Who? All right? Who's better Who? Or Weezer two seven eight seven nine seven one. I really would be curious what our audience would say. Would they go a classic rock band or would they go a more pop alternative rock band?
Speaker 3: They do on those tours every year, great, the Who, Riley, Pinball Wizard.
Speaker 1: I mean they got on an eminence front for every Maverick. Yeah, come on, behind blue Eyes. I mean I'm okay everyone fred Durst did that. Ally Berry was in the video. Why did that happen. I don't know X the band x that is correct, one of the seminole la punk bands with guitarist Billy Zoom and DJ bone Break. You could also I'm a fan of the British alternative band x TC. I think they're pretty great. Okay, you know our buddy jeffk worships at their altar. Really, if you're not listening to us, we'll allow you to listen to lone Star ninety two to five and our buddy JEFFK why, uh yes, oh yeah it is? And then zz Top Oh I was thinking the zombies. I would rather go zezy t it is Zzy Top putting out tush and legs?
Speaker 2: Was that?
Speaker 1: Did you just turn into Eric Nadell? There is that? What happened?
Speaker 3: It's weird. I didn't know what was happening.
Speaker 1: The Rangers are going to the World Series. We got a real Donnybrook. What happened to that offense? By the way, do you have a Ranger update for us here? With twenty seconds to get out? Hitting very well right now? If they got a big win last night, no'll go for tune row tonight. I'm excited. Uh well, and we'll talk about it tomorrow for the entire show, we'll go pitch by pitch out of the Ranger box score. All right, Hey, thank you Kat, that was fun. Yeah, man, I hope you had fun with us today. We'll go have more fun tomorrow. I'll never forget the time KT met his hero Eric Nadell and he said, blurting is my superpower, and Nadelle was immediately turned off. Christina is going to stick around and play tunes right here on the eagle.
Speaker 4: There you going, Well, I'm gonna get my sock bat, dude, ad enough fun in games.
Speaker 1: Great summer.