Speaker 1: Hey, your love tester's busted. Go on and nickelback.
Speaker 2: Hey buddy, have one on a half.
Speaker 3: Hey, hey, this drink is delicious and my flood feels looser.
Speaker 2: What do you call it? Well, it's called a flaming mo.
Speaker 4: It's called a flaming moh. That's right, the flaming mo. My name is Mo, and I invented it. That's why it's called a flaming mole. What what are you looking at, Homer R.
Speaker 2: It's a flaming mo.
Speaker 1: I'm mo.
Speaker 5: Four finger discount, dude.
Speaker 1: Everybody, welcome to four Finger Discount. And we are all incredibly excited because this week we've gone all the way back to season three. We thoughts the end of the year, at the beginning of the year, depending on when you listen to this episode, we thought we'll not do a celebration. Let's not do a season twenty review. Let's save those for twenty twenty five, an exciting year that's going to be. Let's do a classic review. One of the all timers of The Simpsons is in the top ten list of so many online magazines and online websites like IgM and Always people who constantly review the Simpsons. It is flaming Mos. I'm Dano and I am Guy.
Speaker 6: Yes, uh, it's season twenty is twenty twenty five's problem? As Dan I said, we're going to either wrap up the year or begin the year, because he was doing a lot of calculus before we actually push the big record button. Some of you hearing this in twenty twenty four, someone twenty twenty five. But whatever year and whatever time, whatever space, whatever frame of mind you're in, flaming Mos it just makes everything better. I don't happiness, It's just a flaming moad. I don't understand the science of it, but flaming Mos makes it good.
Speaker 1: Well, I just thought, what's a New Year's e? Theened episode of the Simpsons, and this is not New Year's E theme, but I thought, what are people doing during the holiday season getting boozy? So let's do a bousy episode. So flaming Mos. And I was surprised we hadn't already gone back and revisited this one. To be completely honest. For a guy on Springfield, that is true. And we got on Springfield here, and as I was watching this, I thought, I'm going to find somewhere where Ken Brockman, says Guy and then say I'm Ken Blackman and this is guy on Springfield. I can somehow I make that work. We're going to call this guy on Springfield again. There's not much you can't make work. So look, I imagine this could happen. I'm pretty sure that it's some stage in the many many episodes of The Simpsons and the many that Kent.
Speaker 6: That Ken Brockman has appeared on that Yeah, he has said the word guy. At some stage. You can do your editing magic.
Speaker 1: Or what I can do is I can get a word that begins with and then just add it to that. I you guy, You're just you're making it too complicated. But we're here just like a flaming moment, which seems like a very complicated dream. It does, indeed. Yeah, but we're here to review flamingos, as we said. And yeah, I'm so excited because I I always do this. I forget how good these episodes are because I don't revisit the older ones anywhere near as often as I should. I think when you've got kids, that doesn't help because the kids always want to watch their shows. I mean, the kids do watch the Simpsons lot out, but all of the Simpsons. I still find it's funny when I always talked about my mum's band of the Simpsons until I was six, and I watch the Simpsons now and go I kind of get it now.
Speaker 6: Well even yeah, even in this episode, I mean there's a bit of sort of I won't say adult content.
Speaker 1: But not a kids This isn't a kid's episode behind you mean, oh, absolutely not. I mean I have no idea what's going on, even early on.
Speaker 6: With Bart walking past the TV when it's on Springfield, which is you know, pretty racy, one might say rybald infotainment.
Speaker 1: I mean to hear a young young boys whoa DNA? I mean ten, So he's entering that phase of his life. But he still finds that he says, all teena and then he says other girls are trying to kiss me. I guess because they're the girls from school there. Yeah, yes, exactly that you don't have that screen remove of Well, no, they're women on TV. That's wholly different. Yeah. So what do you think of Flamy Mo's overall though, because can very easily taken if you watch this episode, be seen as a villain. Right, he stole Homer's idea and when I was a kid, I always thought when I watched this, Moe's the bad guy and he does bad things. But at least they established at the start that Moe's business is really bad, really devastated, so it gives some justification to his desperation as to why he would do so. Doesn't make it right, No, at least they explained someone like Moe who desperately needs his business to thrive, why he would do this. And then by the end, Moe was willingly going to sell the idea and give half the profits to Homer. So that was his what would you call he's not his hero moment, but he's his face turn his face turned. Yes. But by the end of the episode, you're thinking, oh, okay, he is a good friend to Homer in because he was going to do the right thing by the end. That's true. That's true.
Speaker 6: I mean, yeah, look at I think it is very easy to view Moe was the villain in this episode. Certainly you're saying about the escape patch, where you're saying, oh, his business is not doing all that great.
Speaker 1: I don't know if it necessarily justifies at all that much. I mean, he really jumps in thevery very quickly say no, no, it's blamy mo. It's made by mole because I'm me, I mow and I made it. It's that was a pretty good mole on my part actually, I mean even by my standard savvy businessman, savvy business man. Yeah, and there's no room for friends in business. How many?
Speaker 6: How many times have we heard since Jerry McGuire came out in ninety six, it's not show friends, it's show business exactly.
Speaker 1: So yeah, what do you think overall that of just the story of this new invention comes around, everyone's just like that, it's the flavor of the month.
Speaker 6: Well, you're speaking to the right man here, because you know how many times have just like limited various Yeah, I.
Speaker 1: Mean, I mean there was no limit. There was no limited with this, but it was. But it's the hot new thing. Well, it's like when I drive down We've mentioned before, you said they've got a great selection of foods or coffees or whatever. But the place near the Coals and Shannon Avenue here, the little cafe, the ever we drive past it, the line is out the door, and I'm thinking, is it that good or just the idea of I want to be part of the crew. I think it's partly I want to be part of the crew, although I think that place has kind of earned its Bonafard's by now. I mean, if you want me to speak specifically about that place. Look, it's tiny, but it does make good coffee. The staff are always really, really friendly. They've got a good selection of grub. It's like and and a nice place out the back to go and sit. I mean it's like, you know, partly market garden, partly nice place to spend a nice sunny day. So yeah, I mean they're they're doing well, but yeah, I get part but partly Yeah. Well, sorry, I had to. I had to street team for Funk. I'm gonna spoil one of my trivia questions. I've got a lot of them for this one. Here. It's not they've got a bernad on the front gate. You know. I enjoyed, well it may I.
Speaker 6: Enjoyed this episode so much that I actually didn't write down that many trivia questions. I was like, really, okay, yeah, it's like I'm just enjoying going with the flow of flaming those. Having said that, there's a new cafe just across the street from Funk naricoles.
Speaker 1: It used to wait out the recipe. It used to it used to be got hunk. I went there because I was driving pass was like, you know what.
Speaker 6: After we recorded, Yes, I was like, I'm gonna go get a kebab from Sam's in town driving Sam and it's like.
Speaker 1: Under new management and it looks like it's I'll go and try it. It was okay.
Speaker 6: I think I've read something the other days like it'd be more disappointing than when you stray from your old takeaway.
Speaker 1: There are many things watch the point. I actually said this to Nicola the other day. I said, I pulled myself up quite often on the podcast now saying there's nothing worth actually know what. There are many things worse, but it's still very annoying. And you're right though, when the price of my favorite place to get supeaki from it's just gone through the roof to the point where I'm going, I don't want to spend fifty bucks on two chickens souv larkis. It just seems like a lot of money when all you're getting is the soup larky, like one of us each, you know. So we went somewhere else and I went, it's it's good, and you know what, it's fourteen dollars less, and you know what, I'm going to go here for now on it. But I feel like I'm cheating on the place. But you know, understandable, fourteen dollars is a lot of money twenty twenty four for people who want to buy some bread and some milk, and that's it. That's what you're going to pull it. Yeah.
Speaker 6: I like the idea of, oh, it's the new joint in town, because we've all been susceptible to that. Yeah, the new nightclub, the new nightclub, the new pub, the new restaurant, whatever.
Speaker 1: This could be the place, this could be this could be it.
Speaker 6: Yeah, this could define my identity. This could be my regular, This could be my cheers, this could be my mos, this could be my place.
Speaker 1: And after about eighteen months two years ago, why are we still coming here? It's not that great? Is there? Is there a new place? It was a new place opening up in a few months. Let's try that place. Well, let's try that place. Absolutely.
Speaker 6: I mean not to name names or malign establishments, but you know, I was talking about steakhouses in Geelong with the you know friends and loved Ones the other night. And there's a place that used to be the steak Joint in Geelong.
Speaker 1: Now it's the most expensive, and people are going a stage joint that I do not particularly want to free. Yeah, it feel like they're living off the rep a little bit.
Speaker 6: Absolutely, and more people, more and more people are saying there's more and more people are like, oh, yeah, you know what, it's not that great, So times change state joint.
Speaker 1: He's trying to put down the competition early. He's opening up a new state joint. That's I'm planting c.
Speaker 6: Yeah, but everybody jumps on the bandwagon. I mean, yeah, we saw the cues went around the block for flaming mos.
Speaker 1: Most just regular old modes. Good for Mo, even he done a bad thing, I still felt nice that Most finely getting something because he's always been there when Homer needed him. Right, that's true, and I get that he's still on Homer's idea, But Homer has relied on Mo for many Granted, Moment profited from Homer's alcoholism, but he was an ear for Homer to vent his frustrations on and when Homa just wanted to get stuff out. Has always been the one I think, you know, I think most first line, this is what's the matter Homer. That's he's the guy that Homer goes to talk to and get his feelings out because he's got no one else. He can't talk to his friends, he's embarrassed, you can't talk to his family, doesn't want to talk about his family to his family. So because I mean, therapy might be the answer, but he goes to most, as many men do, and the bartenders.
Speaker 6: That's your unofficial that's your unofficial shrink right there. I mean, your partender has to be many, many things, probably cheaper. Oh yeah, yeah, you've got to be a priest. You've got to be a shrink. You've got to be manner of confidants.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so I thought, you know, most somewhat deserved this for.
Speaker 6: A while, may deserve success, but you know, do you deserve success if it is ill gotten? The thing is, though he obtained by fraudulent or even or semi shady.
Speaker 1: But he did still the idea. And as you said before, it was a very spur of the moment. It's it's like he made the decision then and there. He didn't think this, This wasn't a well plotted out, I'm going to steal the idea that this was. I'm going to take advantage of the situation. And as he thought about it throughout the episode, it's like he still wanted Homer as a friend, but he couldn't turn down the money. And I want let's get to some of my favorite So I want to talk about on my favorites now. My favorite favorite moments. One that I really liked, and it's not necessarily the funny moments that I liked throughout this one. It's the ones where Homer is saying, you just lost yourself a customer, right, And as that's happening always people are trying to talk over home. Yes, so Moe's getting lost in all this new business that he's underware that he's not just losing his customer, he's losing one of his best friends. Yes, And I thought that moment there, I've never really appreciated it so much in as much as I did for this review, where Homer's just being drowned out in the business and the sound of all these people, when really, if Moke could hear him, maybe it would have gotten through to him. Because Moe couldn't hear because of all the people screaming, but he's yeah, you've just lost yourself a customer. I just I really like that scene. It's a good point. Yeah, I'd never really thought of it that way until you elucidated it so eloquently. I knew, because it wasn't until Collett said, you know what, you probably should give him half the money. He followed it pretty quickly. It's not he fought against him, but no, no way, Yeah I deserve it. It's just like, you're right, the moment you actually sat down and thought about it, you went, yeah, right, yeah, I've gotta do the right thing.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it wasn't the afterglow of spending a little time with Collette.
Speaker 1: A happy hour. I was like happy hour, What a man. But let's talk about Collette. So there's a lot of discussing with Collette. So she was written to be the Diane because this is a lot of Cheers parodies.
Speaker 6: Threat well, a very very deliberate and yeah direct Cheers parody with the opening credits.
Speaker 1: Yeah again, another one of those things that when you're a kid, you don't really realize what's going. It's just a really catchy song. But it's one of my favorite parodies of the Simpsons of it don one of my favorite songs of the Simpsons ever did this one and the words are written by Jeff Martin, just a parody of the Cheers theme song. But Collette, right, So she was written to be Diane, who left the show maybe like season four or five.
Speaker 6: About five seasons in yeah, show long leaves Cheers to see a movie career. She'd been in a few movies prior to prior to be starring in Cheers. But Cheers, of course, is the one that really sort of kickstarts it for her.
Speaker 1: Yes, okay, And so there was a lot more to the story here between mo and Diane, who was going to play the Sam role. She was going to play the Diane role Collette and I say, Moan Diam Collete sorry, And they left it out because they said it just it just didn't quite work. I do feel like there is an element of when you watch this going it feels like this is meant to be something, but like it doesn't quite It's like they couldn't just completely remove it. They had to include it in some way for the story to work. I get where you're coming from. I mean, personally, I very much liked it.
Speaker 6: When she first showed up, she's, yeah, she's what's the word auditioning for the job, she's applying for the job. Yeah, but also being very sort of smart man. Whether that's very Diane Chambers. But I mean, if we're talking about favorite moments that.
Speaker 1: Whole what's the club mo bartender's do it to your puke or something like that's questions what did I say? It's like coartenders do it to your bath? Do it to your bath? Yes? No, no, above that storeboard drollery. And then I felt very sickcomy banter that bit, didn't it. Yeah, but also the high end kind of sitcom banter. Yeah, but Cheers specialized in. I mean, yeah, when he's talking about a better about I prefer tight beak. It's in someplace hot. I really enjoyed that. Now, apparently I don't know if this if the character of coll it was was written for Catherine O'Hara actually performed something they decided it's not quite working the whole lot. Yeah, apparently she's still credit at the end Katherine O'Hara in the credits.
Speaker 6: Oh okay, I didn't see her name at all because it was actually all the character was actually voiced in the end by a star or a cosman.
Speaker 1: Was a Joeanne Martin. Now it's Joan Harris. It's Joan Harris. Excuse meself, Yeah, who's the voice of the A lot of Bart's friends like Wendell, Lewis Richard or the kids at school that aren't main characters, but you know them. If you see Bart's friends at school that we never see all that often, she's she's a voice of Martin's mother. She's so she's I'm going to give Joe and Harris a lower, low key MVP. Charlotau. I mean, I really liked her in this episode. I really like the voice work she did.
Speaker 6: Just and if you if she's voicing those characters, as you say, it's like, I like your work.
Speaker 1: I appreciate that they were willing to get someone in like Katain O'Hara right realized it wasn't working. Still have the balls to say, sorry, Catherine, We'll still credit ya because you put in the effort, you record all the lines, but it's just not working. That's true.
Speaker 6: I mean, Katherine O'Hara has always been great. She was a cast member of their CTV The Canadian equivalent of SNL. By this stage, she's already in Beatle Juice and Home Alone.
Speaker 1: She's coming off Home Alone with this episode. Well known, not exactly a huge star, but everyone knows the mother from Home Alone. That's why many of the nice most people now know her as Shit's Creak. She's Creek. Yeah, yeah, yeah, but she's still Hey, it's Kevin's mum and Shit's Creek. Who's I mean, she's crazy, really popular, but everyone's really watching Home Alone. No one's I say, no one. That's it. That's overstated. You're overstating again. Ship's Creek felt like very much like a flammy most kind of deal where it got really hot really quickly and it just fizzled out. I know the show ended, but everyone was talking about Ship's Creek. Now he's never here, it brought up anymore. Yeah, that's true.
Speaker 6: I mean it had its sort of I guess second wind or second life life with a lot of memes and things like that.
Speaker 1: You still see that to some degree. You see a lot of it. Was David right the sun, Dan Levy who's the son character was David anyway, but you've got your four main he was the most meaned one, yes, and get the feeling I could be wrong here, but this is a suspicion that I have that suspicions shifts Creek was sort of because a lot of shows are made.
Speaker 6: Like this now for the kids, in that we've got to have some memorable moments.
Speaker 1: And the actors really realize that talk shows now aren't talk shows. They're just they're moments.
Speaker 6: Oh yeah, absolutely, but certainly, you know, scripted drums and scripted comedies are going to have moments where they have a moment where you're sort of looking at the camera or you're pulling a certain face or going uh huh, because that can be like anytime someone says something on Twitter or Blue Sky, Blue Sky, it's not really happening.
Speaker 1: You finally realize this.
Speaker 6: Many people are saying that, yeah, anytime we want someone to agree with something, rather than say I agree, get them to pull the face. Yeah, face could be anything, you know what I mean. But yeah, Katherine Haa, I mean yeah it is. As you said, it's pretty it's pretty ballsy, and it shows a commitment to the.
Speaker 1: Quality of the show. There's no way they would do this now.
Speaker 6: It feels bad to say, oh, our commitment quality is so much that we will cut Katherine O'Hara. That's not what I mean. It's more like she's great, but it's not quite right. It's not what we need.
Speaker 1: This even by the team here, how many times have we reviewed, never said and gone that guess role just didn't work or just didn't it didn't. It just it just feels like, now, well there's no quality control. But it's just we've got a guest start. Doesn't matter if it works, We've got the guest star. I guess.
Speaker 6: So yeah, I mean by season three, I mean the show has already sort of gathered my manitument. It's becoming a very very popular bit of a pop culture phenomenon. But yeah, I don't is it at the stage where it's starting to like we can pick and choose or we've got people lining up to be on the show.
Speaker 1: And I say this because I watched that New Christmas special. Oh come on all ye faith right, do you want to give them a peek behind the curtain and say, well no, no, So I sent your message when I was like five minutes in. I said, it's got I said to Papsture should review it, right and then I watched the first five minutes and it's his god awful right. I get this guy in called Darren Brown, who I had never heard of, and I guarantee probably eighty percent of the audience, if not Moore, had never heard of. Right, he's a British the name he plays mind illusions and yeah, like a hypnotist or something alight. He plays such a role in the episode. I'm just thinking, what are we doing here? Why is this guy in twenty twenty four playing such a key blah blah blah blah. And I watched it. I've got to the end and I went, this was fine. You know what. You know what, I guarantee I will go on social media tomorrow and all the all the buddy fucking reviewers, I'll say how great is because I want the access to the Simpsons people. Screen rant, I'm gonna call you out. Oh the Simpsons Christmas Special review? Oh, come on all year. Faithful is an unforgettable master class an animated comedy storytelling. Fuck off screen Rant. It was fine, but an unforgettable master class. Stop fucking jerking their chain. That's the problem is that a lot of the people who run the Simpsons are on social media and they're reading everything, and people have could in Now, if I talk up the new Simpsons, they'll pay attention to me. Okay, well, in that case, allow us to respond with another meme, another tram, like I don't mind. It was fun, it was good, right, Oh yeah, it was Okay, it wasn't an unforgettable master class. Oh yeah, well.
Speaker 6: It was always It was always sort of a rookie move for reviewers or journalists or whatever. When you're first starting out, it's like everything's either five star or one star. Everything's either the best or the worst, because that's how you make an impression, you know. The further I got along in my reviewing career was realizing, yeah, most stuff's three and a half. Most stuff is three and a half and five. Most stuff is room temperature and that's fine. Yeah, and there's good and there's bad in it. How you convey that to your readership or your audience is like, you know what, this isn't the best thing you're going to see, but it's not the worst. You'll enjoy this part. This part needs work, you know, or in my opinion, so there you go. Yeah, but no, with the way the the way life online is these days.
Speaker 1: Like another time, I'm forgot of a master class on screen? What do you do? That kind of sacks or worst episode it? Yeah, so if we reviewed it, I wouldn't say it's terrible. I wouldn't say it's a masterclass. I would just review it for what it is. It's twenty twenty four Simpsons. It's fine, that's all. It's fine. It's fine. It's not going to blow you're going to blow your load over it. You're not going to be furious at it for the most part. But it's fine. It's always let's let's not go crazy, let's not look for access to things. Just let's be honest with people. How do you know what I'd blow my load of? I don't want to know. Funny, most favorite moments, I've got a few, Yeah, what do you want? I'd enjoy by being jinxed. The kids have just worked that out, the jinxing thing, because learning from school. Now, holy does it? So they both jinx me and I'll go I'll go along, okay, son, Yeah, I'm like, all right, I'll go along. And then and they're having fun. After about a minute that I'm like, I give them a look like.
Speaker 6: Yes, yeah, but yeah, why should I do that?
Speaker 1: My lad found that very very funny. If you're a fan of everything we do here at four Finger Discamp, but you're kind of hearing these pesky ads, then you'll absolutely love being a member of the fourth Finger Discamp Family on Patreon, where you not only get access to over one hundred hours of bonus podcast, but you also get access to this show early and add free every single week, as well as access to our exclusive Facebook and Discord communities, and so much more. So go ahead join the family today and support your pals Guyan Dando for as little as one dollar per month at patreon dot com slash four for a discount. Yeah, I like the call it. Oh.
Speaker 6: I don't know how the guys at The Simpsons felt about Aerosmith. I mean I thought it was they.
Speaker 1: Probably they were the first band to appear on the show.
Speaker 6: They probably, but the way they animate Stephen Tyler.
Speaker 1: When he says you've rack.
Speaker 6: Like a ghoul and also listening to of course, I'm aware of Aerosmith, but I think my first real exposure to Aerosmith, as even as a young man, was the mashup of I walked this way with you know, with Aerosmith and run DMC.
Speaker 1: That game that resurgence.
Speaker 6: Yeah, oh, it's an original song by Aerosmith. You can listen to it's like and then you listen to Young Last at the end, it's like, Wow. Aerosmith had a lot of songs about getting it on the young chicks. I mean, admittedly they're making move they're making music for teenage boys, play the hits.
Speaker 1: But the same time, I know you should still be doing this. There's a there's a stage of your life, Steven Tyler. So that song Young Last at the end, they re recorded a condensed shorter version purely for the credits. Good for them. And so you'll notice there's a guy sitting in between them at the table at the booth of Moe's who has glasses on I think long hair. That's actually I want to hopefully pronouncing this correctly, John Kalandner, right, who was a famous talent rep for music for musicians and whatnot. He was the first talent rep for Geffen Jeff Geffen Records. Yeah, so he had Aerosmith. I think he brought to me page over to Geffen. So he he's like the top dog and they said, we'll come on, but we want John to be appearing on the show as well. That's nice. I'm pretty sure John was like, give me on the Simpsons. The other says he's just there. And also there's a line and I'm surprised the writers didn't know this. I guess that is issue rock band rockers, but they don't want to come up on stage at the start when they're first there at most and most says look free pickled eggs. Right, the original line was free beers. And they got up a line and they said rashly sober, now can we not do that? Please? And I like that they use because the pickled eggs at MO having a recurring game for a while, I have, haven't they? So the free picked eggs. They came up on stage and sang with mo and good for ma getting up theyre sing and walk this Way? And what was a big song? Even still ninety one big? That was eighty seven ish, I don't think so.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I think I was probably still in high school when it when it came out, Walk this Way?
Speaker 1: When did it come out? So? Aerosmith's version was ninety seventy five. The re release was in okay, says in nineteen eighty six. So yes, they originally released it in seventy five Aerosmith, and they re recorded it with run DMC for Walk This Way in eighty six, so five years after. So people are still talking about it. People still listening to it. Oh yeah, oh looking out of any sort of you play it now. People still love that song. Absolute kids love. It's just a great song.
Speaker 6: You got a weddings or sort of nightclubs for the over twenty eights and yeah, Walk This Way comes on.
Speaker 1: Backing up, you dispute is I say that joke every day right in this house. So you know when they say Simpsons quotes, this is a Simpsons quote. But we when we are lighting the stove, the electric stove every time, okay this and Nicholas like, you're ever gonna stop doing it? I'm like, you'll miss it if I do every Yeah, if they stop, He's like, ah, you know, Nicholas things every time I go, I will miss it. If she doesn't, if she wasn't here, I would miss hearing her say it. Of course. Yeah, oh yeah. The minute you stop doing your dumb in jokes, it's not a good feeling. I love it. Do you what? Also? I love I don't know how often we're doing what a lord? But huge ass? What the lord? Huge ass? Was? What a lord in He's probably called young man.
Speaker 6: He's probably caught so much flat for his name. But he has just become very very zen with it, accepted it, accepted it and rolls with it.
Speaker 1: Because if you get angry at it, I just keep doing it. They will. Indeed, so you jass just using jiu jitsu on the phone prank. It's just nice seeing bucket foiled. He's like, look they're left with you, Like, hey, look we've all been there. It's all good. Yeah, what a guy. I loved missus Kay in this Oh yeah, I mean, obviously she's asking how to have an affair, but hope I mean, and I mean that in a very sex positive fashion. I love missus k. I love her a lot of the older I get, the more I love her, but just her with the come and get it missus Kay. And of course there are a.
Speaker 6: Few bits from from this episode that I've just entered into memology or certainly guys personal favorites. I mean, how many times have I said that's all right? I was thinking about simpledanic.
Speaker 1: I thought of you second us all that, but also, yeah, Homer getting all upset and then being super sarcastic and being the magical man from happy Land who lives in a Gundrob house on while it was in this episode. Yeah, it's such an iconic moment, isn't it. It's really good. I've always enjoyed that. By the way, I've been sarcastic. Well, dird love that. I really liked the dig at Shelley long here. So she has since left cheers, right, that's what they've heard in here. But the line of just have to pursue a movie for Curia movie career. Frankly, I think she was better off here well played or Shelley for their movie. Creer didn't take off afterwards? No, not really, I mean yeah, she very rarely does. When you're in a huge sitcom, can you branch of into movies? Even the Friends cast. Jennifer Innison's done well for herself. Matthew Perry made a few movies. But Elden comes up a movie star. No, no, so you've got what's his name? Ross? What's his name? David Truman? He I'm thinking of Raymond Raymond was the voice from I Sage. So David s Troms done, not that he has to do anything. Both of you even tried matt LeBlanc Tribe was Lost in Space. Didn't work.
Speaker 6: Anyone that they made where they were like star vehicles, Yeah, not many of them were.
Speaker 1: Missi Caudro had a sitcom for a while which didn't last long. No, No, I mean a lot of it. A lot of the tried sitcoms where it was like beast on their real life. Because Joey had the sitcom Joe, but then he had the show what was a Call where he was playing Matt LeBlanc, but it was called Episodes. Actually I liked it. Episodes was actually pretty funny. Yeah, I just think I just think the world wasn't quite ready for that. No, it was a little bit sort of meta humor, and we hadn't quite entered that phase all sitcoms are now. You know. That was about what ten or twelve years ago, I reckon, Yeah, because it was like Kirby Enthusiasm kind of fit.
Speaker 6: Yeah, and it was a combination as well of British and American humor as well, because I mean, I think the guys who created it were Brits and they came over. It was like, oh we got the opportunity to work in Hollywood and what a clash of cultures.
Speaker 1: No no, no, no. D The Comeback was the least could two seasons, two thousand and five, so that was a long time. I thought it was recent. Yeah.
Speaker 6: I think it was one that was very beloved by a small but vocal cohorter people who were like, bring back the comeback, bring back the comeback.
Speaker 1: She had one called web Therapy. That's the recent one, twenty fifty. Yeah, she's one that way for four seasons. Yeah, she's on something on Netflix at the moment. I think it's called No Good Deed. I think she co stars Weirk. I want to say Ray Romano, all right, apparently not bad, but.
Speaker 6: You're right, Yeah, there are very few sort of sitcom stars who have yet really taken that and run with it. Really the one that sort of stands out as Michael J.
Speaker 1: Fox. Yeah, but even still his movie career was kind of short lived, kind of Yeah, but then he was back on Spin City again. That's true. Now, how much of that had to do with his Parkinson's die, I don't know sure, because he had Parkinson's during Spin City, didn't he Yeah.
Speaker 6: At the same time, he could also sense that his movie career, Yeah, it was kind of it was making a lot of real again three three and a half star comedy.
Speaker 1: He always he couldn't be like I dont think people were ready for like thirty to forty year old Michael J. Fox. They wanted the young, they needed him young and boyish, and with all due respect to Michael Fox, he just didn't quite have the range to cut it as a dramatic actor. And Spin City, yeah, oh yeah. Look, look I've got a lot of time. I love Spin City, I love it. Look, I've got a lot of time for Mark Jay Fox.
Speaker 6: I think he's His comic time is almost second to none, Fantastic on family times, irreplaceable, in the Back of the Future movie that you can never you put him in something like because he was making an effort to branch out and be a bit more serious, and he was in it was in a movie called Casualties of War?
Speaker 4: Was it?
Speaker 6: Sean Penn was a very It's a very grim, very downbeat Vietnam War movie. And this is the story I remember from the most, is Sean Pens being a real mind fucker, and because his character has to get under Michael J. Fox's skin and be an antagonist, and he was basically just calling Michael Jay Fox a TV act of the whole time and just like you can't cut it, you don't, you don't have it, and doing it to sort of build that tension at the same time. I don't know, I'm wondering how much of that really sort of got under his skin. But yeah, I can't really think of any other sort of sitcom actors.
Speaker 1: Who've gone on to be like huge on screen not voice acting on screen movie stars. Yeah, Jennifer Aston would have to be the most popular.
Speaker 6: Probably, but even then, I mean, is there any movie that's like it's a Jennifer Andiston starring vehicle? Means it's normally like in.
Speaker 1: The early two thousands she had a shadow, Yes, but I mean stuff like picture Perfect and all that.
Speaker 6: It's not really she has her TV shirt on Amazon now. Oh yeah, Morning, yeh Morning wasn't done well, but I mean he's back on streaming. I mean, Moonlighting wasn't really a sitcom, so you can't say that Bruce Willis's transfer was that. Likewise, Travolter I mean yeah, really he was kind of a breakout of Welcome Back Cotter.
Speaker 1: But I mean, Gabe Kaplan is the star. Oh yeah, but Vine Barbara was designed as a stuff, but he quickly became the star of people tuned in for Vinnie. That's true. Interesting. Kaplan was the straight man for Vinnie. Oh, he was a straight man for for the sweat Hogs can bring that show back, you can't bring how many dogs are still with us?
Speaker 6: But yeah, but I mean, I mean Kevin James was there for a while. Helen Hunt, Helen Hunter, I guess, but I think Helen Hunt was pretty.
Speaker 1: Well regarded before DAVIDO. Oh, that's good point. Yeah, there are all these theos and taxi right he was. Yeah, but again that's Ryan Reynolds of course. Yeah, but even then, but even then, because I'm reading, I'm reading a bit about Ryan real because Bateman. Mmmm oh that's a tough one. Chris Pratt mm hmm yeah, merely Kuness, Ashton Kutcher. I don't know.
Speaker 6: Now, we're just now we're just saying names. Now, we're just saying names. Were the sake of saying names? Tell us what you think?
Speaker 1: Yeah, if you're still listening to this after we'd just I feel that I said to pretty much nail it right though, Ryan RealD he started on a two guys got a piece of place. Now he's one of the biggest movie stars in the world, that's true.
Speaker 6: But was there a sort of an It felt like there was a bit of a thing in the wild for a while before you know, you've got the end of Two Girls in the Pizza Place.
Speaker 1: Ed waiting and he played Deadpool, But like in Wolvering, didn't he Yeah.
Speaker 6: Yeah, you've got the Yeah, there's a fair bit of space. And in Blade Trinity, No, no, he was a different It was a different character in Blade trin okay, but he played Wage Wilson slash Deadpool in X Men Origins Wolverine. Terrible movie is it? Yeah, it's no good. The one was they released footage and it was wasn't finished or something.
Speaker 1: I think they basically released the movie like it got pired and it got released really early but hadn't finished at the CGI. That could be it. Yeah, it was just bad from the from the jump anyway. Anyway, let's get Ino flaming motion. We've gotten way off track and the other favorite moment school I really liked.
Speaker 7: So.
Speaker 1: Another moment that I really enjoyed was but bringing he's in myers, Homer, right, he brings to the alcohol to school. Are they liquor bottles enough for everybody? You can take one and whatever? It's not finished by the end of the day. I was left, you have it the end of the day. Yes, I've got to get.
Speaker 6: Props to Homer for remembering, you know, the sort of exact measurements and all that, because I mean, he basically made it out of scraps. He's He's like Tony Skark, Tony Stark.
Speaker 1: The thing about this episode is that for the sake convenience for the story, they don't have Homer ruined the day. Hope could have easily just made his own flamming mote at his house. Oh yeah, it's not like it could only be made At most he could have started making his own one and going here, this is it the original? Yeah, Or you could have had Homer go this is a different way for the story of Hammer go I know what the secret ingredient is. If you don't want me to tell anybody, you need to pay me. Yeah, that could be another interest, could be an interesting Storylinder next question you there eating the past. Let's get his some trivia, shall we. Let's all right. My first question for you is who sank to the bottom of the Dead Sea. Well, it's either Paddy or Selma. Was it Paddy? Oh you got it wrong? Oh damn you lucky coin that I flipped. Okay. Then Lisa has a poster in her bedroom. It's for It's for a good cause. What is that cause? I think it might have been Corey because it's like season three, is Simpson's clue at you? So say the clue again. It's for a good cause, for a good cause, Yes, save the whales or something like that. Is it such contempt for the whales that good cause? No, it's end aparthid Now okay. My next question for you is what does Mo have in his Lost and found? There are three things? Yea four things. It was a glass eye which smashes. That does and the other two I forget. But there was also a bottle of cops. Okay, I'm gonna say major tom weapon. Well, one's a knife. That's the weapon. What's major Toime? Who's made your time? Oh it's a bowie bowie knife. Okay, okay, And what's the and there's one more thing, which I don't. They have had a revival of these things due to films a film franchise for kids. I think there's like a fourth one coming out soon. They're going Gangbusters film franchise for kids. They used to be some of the kids play with troll do troll dolls. Yes, that's right.
Speaker 6: It's astonished to me that you'll sort of look back and I don't. We're the Three Sonic movies. There's so many trolls movies.
Speaker 1: Something are fucking great. That's why have you watched them?
Speaker 8: Oh?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm sure they are. It's just on my back. They're genuinely great movies and sonic films. Yeah, I've not. I've seen to Nicola last night that I don't think I've been this excited for a movie in a long time. Sounding three, I'm really excited for it.
Speaker 6: Well, that's something we can talk about when we open our mail bag a little bit later.
Speaker 1: Yes, indeed, but by the time we've just Timeta timestawn, This Sonny three has been out for a while now. See you're the one who times down this time. But you did. You bodies up the Three Sonic Movies now well that yeah, but that's over the course of many time, much time. Next question, who invented the the gas CHROMA J P. Martin A J. P.
Speaker 6: Martin, Although in the Disney Plus they also say Morton Morton. Do someone miss hurt, but it's Martin do because Martin is talking about today, one does to think, because it's not hinted at here that I know for his names, I'm thinking Martin Prince. No, no, he's not related to Martin. Martin's first name is Martin. Next question for you will be what is Half Banister's role at the Tipsy Place?
Speaker 1: Oh, it's called Tipsy Staggers. Yeah, stag is really like good time drinking and eating imporium. Wasn't the head of acquisitions? No? Two words, and it's like the second word is like the top dog. What do you say junior VP? GIA vice president? But he's just vice president? What do you say JR? What who is using the cigarette machine? Ad? Most? What's the junior high schools? That's right? Yeah, And my final question for you is how many cases of cough syrup get delivered when he's having the chat with Half? Oh it's something like four hundred thirty, So it's nothing. It's nothing like four hundred, nothing like four hundred. No, Okay, that's all I got for you. All right, then let's get into a review of Flaming Mo's. The original air date was November twenty one, nineteen ninety one, written and directed by Rich Moore, Sorry, written by Robert Cohen and directed by Richmore and Alan Smart guest stars at Aerosmith. As we said, Phil Hartman plays Lionel hearts Mrshall, Watz's Ed McKay, and Kip Lemon does the singing of fleming Mos. There you go, yeah, the theme song flame. Kip Lemon is the one who did the Michael Jackson for Michael Jackson episode what do You Do? Did Kit? What do you do? Michael jacksons the chopboard gag is underwear should be worn on the inside, and the couch gag is two thieves still the couch and the Simpsons are unimpressed. They do so. The episode kicks off with I on the Spring Fair. Love those opening credits, but they're so very nice in the spile that gets me every time. I know you love. It was very much like home, like Wow, Infotain, Wow Infotainment just tickled me, I just I know it's there, but everyone hear I'm like, that is just like the perfect line for someone like to go, Wow, infotainment, infotainment. I miss infotainment. You know when you go they told you all the lays goss in the pop culture world or whatever, infotainment.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I'm wondering if this is a if nineteen ninety one is the kind of year that that term entered the into the vernacular. It's like, Wow, it's the best of both worlds. I'm feeling entertained but also informed.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so good. Kent Bruck was just having a great time. So he has got the tire Fire celebrate its twenty fifth anniversary. We've got the oldest man in Springfield and the fattest man finally meet not that fat, No, not really, and Drederic Tatum reminisces about the tops from Springfield. Now they don't play that up in the Home a Boxing episode that Tatum is on Springfield. Oh no, apparently it's from there. You know, whenever I go back to that dump, you know, we've going back to that do you know? I really fucked up bad bleeped up. So but then stops spies walking past because there's just women in bikinis. Oh tna, And he says, why are you Danny? Is his Why Danny? Because there's summer party upstairs in Lisa's room?
Speaker 2: Whoa tna?
Speaker 8: Why are you still up?
Speaker 7: Lisa?
Speaker 1: Slumber party?
Speaker 4: Who can sleep with those five people hands cackling and plotting against me?
Speaker 8: Boy? It did get better things to talk about than you.
Speaker 1: What an ego? But we pan up and we've got asbestos in the in between the floorboards and whatnot, and some lead and they're playing the candle wax game and that drops in. The first thing is what's going to be It's gonna be a Janet? No, it's an olympic to not on Lisa for being so positive about it. Yeah, but then we get the under dust pan. The wax never lies. Then they decide to play truth or dare They dare the girl to go kiss Bart and they corner him, give a big smooch. I'm telling mom and dad, who are you talking? Mom and dad? Jinks it's just I heard this. I went, ah, that's right, being a kid. I love the arcane rules of childhood. Another thing is too, I'm thirty six and you know Nichol said six as well, But like you can do the jinx. It's just one of those things where we go I know it technically have did not speak, but it's just one of the things we always do. Picture the punch for the first day of the month. Why man, why is that still something we do? We just do it. I'm pretty sure I'm not going to break my mother's back if I step on that, I'm not gonna do it. Anyway. Is that something around the world. Step on a crack, you break your mother's back. I want to know. Let us know, listeners, mail Mega for for your discount dot com dot are you? Are you scared of breaking your mother's back if you step on a crack? Let us stop? But but then once Homer to say his name, eventually he lose it, punches and Begod, he said his name without without him saying it. Then they chase him for a makeover. You get into the bedroom, they unscrewed the door. Incredibly persistent. Yeah, it jumps through the window. They se him Maggie they do they make Maggie over instead. I was like that did I'm out of here? They set at the door. The only thing here They never established where Marge is. I was wondering about that. Did he just leave them home by himself? Was Marge just?
Speaker 6: I think marg was in the bed and I think so he's staying up and get a little on Springfield.
Speaker 1: Yeah, maybe, but Moe is a business is slow at the moment, so home he goes to visit him. You know, everyone's healthier, they're drinking less. And it was for the junior high school next door. This is the next door. I think this is over the road or whatever. It wouldn't be then it was used a cigarette machine. What are the reasons that these businesses down? Well, he bought the love tester, yes, but increased job satisfaction, that family togetherness. They're poisoned for itvalor of mind numbing intoxins like himself. If you're a fan of everything we do here at four Finger Discamp, but you're kind of hearing these pesky ads, then you'll absolutely love being a member of the fourth Finger Discamp family on Patreon, where you not only get access to over one hundred hours of bonus podcasts, but you also get access to this show early and add free every week, as well as access to our exclusive Facebook and Discord communities. And so much more. So go ahead join the family today and support your pals Guy and Dano for a little as one dollar per month at patreon dot com slash four finger discount. But he's out of beer if we spent the last ten k and the love test, that's right, Yes, that's not. That's great for a bar No, no, And Barney is sucked at the taps dry. Oh, just like cub his gums pretty bad. I'm like, oh my god, that's gross. Yeah. Do you know the feeling when you bite your gum, like when you and you genuinely just chomp down on the inside of your mouth. Oh yeah, Oh, it's one of those things that just makes my skin crawl. Oh yeah, No, nothing worse than that. There are things worse. As we were established, that's true.
Speaker 6: Okay, we're not. We're no longer your house of bipurbole. Full finger discount.
Speaker 1: We've got that's bad. That's bad. That's good. But that's bad. He says, we need to do something different. So it gets at the cocktail chart, Gin and Tonic do they mix? And Homer remembers a flaming Homer. The drink recipe is telling all about it. Patty and someone were going through their slides, and they've got their hairy legs because they know that the shaver very yellow drumstick. It's a great line. So he goes to get a beer, but I think it's Paddy has the last one, so he makes his own beer.
Speaker 8: He started to mix the little bits that were left in every liquor bottle. In my haste, they had grabbed a bottle of the kids Court syrup. It passed the first test. They didn't go blind.
Speaker 1: Paddy's cigarette but falls into it, sets it on fire, and all of a sudden, I know what it is, but fire made it good. Didn't understand the signs, but I made it good. Yeah, checks he's lost and found for some cough syrup. He finds something in there. Mostly thought that his charm. Love it, light it on fire. It's unbelievable. Yeah, it looks like a party in his mouth and everyone's inn. They used that line a lot in the earlier Simpsons. I think they use it again when the maybe the same season. I think Homer at the Bat. I think it's the pilot of the premier free with a guy and drinks. But that's where it gets gigantism. Their pony in my mouth and everyone's knowed it. Yeah, it's a good line. The guy that loved testing, he says Buster, he wants his nickelbacks, so Mo just gives him a flaming Mo and the dies cast. As we said earlier, it's a spura of the moment decision. Moe's businesses down. I can understand why someone like Mo would do it, doesn't mean it doesn't make it right. We come back from commercial and Moe's businesses absolutely booming. Now got a salad bar and everything with a sneeze guard, with a sneeze guard, market establishment which works. Yeah, when's the last time we went to a place with a salad bar? Oh? Gosh, is all you can eat? Place we go to has a salad bar, but you never get salad you can eat.
Speaker 6: Place, absolutely not. Look, no time in living memory have I attended to play with a salad bar.
Speaker 1: I remember it was a sizzler, Yeah, sizzler or you can eat salad bar. Because no one ever reads it, no one, no one. It's not false advertised, but everyone just likes saying all you can eat. The idea of it's all you can eat eat, it's when you go to America. One of the things I found was you go there, you buy a drink, but everywhere was free top ups. That's right. Yeah. I was like, I don't need three letters of PEPSI, but I'm gonna take it. There is a reason that's the greatest country in the world, isn't there. Well, it was great about the movies there. It's freetops and popcorn as well. What you could eat all your popcorn, go back there and they refill it for you. I could not believe it. I know you're not a fan of popcorn, but nicol and I was free, Well, let's just buy one, eat it all, and then go get another one instead of buying two. I was like, let's do that. Very smart woman, she's a genius, all right. But everyone's enjoying, flaming. Most of these businesses booming as we were saying, yeah, But Homer questions, I wonder if all the businesses here because of the drink. I wonder if that's the reason. Nah, maybe maybe it's not the only reason. And I hate this joke, but I love this drink. Co It then arrives Markeep.
Speaker 4: I couldn't help noticing your sign, the one that says by, can just do it till your boy.
Speaker 2: No above that store bought drowlery.
Speaker 4: Oh great, why don't we bell out an application? I need your name, measurements and turn ons.
Speaker 2: You really expect me to tell you my measurements?
Speaker 4: You could, but I find this way is much more accurate and fun. What do you offer in the way of salary, minimum waging tips? Of course there are a fringe benefits, such as an unforgettable weekend at club mode.
Speaker 1: I'd prefer to take my vacation someplace hot.
Speaker 2: I like your MAXI kid, you're hired. You shan't regret this, methinks, I shan't.
Speaker 1: Real sex past. But that's not like real cheese dialogue, didn't it? Oh yeah, yeah, I mean that's something you could actually imagine, say Malone, Yeah, definitely. What are you offer? Minimum wage and tips? Stringe benefits, some very love It's then when you were doing it that way, these benefits and so from tipsy mixed staggers, good time drinking and eating emporium. I would go to this place, as would I. I wonder if I want a place that has a ridiculous name like that. My uncle Moe's family feedback I don't really exist in him. They don't even TGIFS is kind of everyone's trying to the upper class now. It's like everyone's afraid to just be just average. Just just a place where, you know, good sliders, cheap beer, pool table. Fuck, that's all I need. We need a Denny's or something like that. I've never been to a Denny's, but were just The Sporting Club used to feel like that for us when it first started. Now it's like twenty five dollars for chicken bites as a starter, and I went. What happened? I trusted? I trusted you. Yeah, many places where you just go there. We're just get a burger, some fries, play some pool, play pinball machine, there's music players at jukebox. That's what I want. It'd be nice. What's your ideal your ideal place? Because I'm going out for a feed. What's your ideal establishment? What do you want in there? Depends on the mood, I guess, but yeah, Friday night, you and Lou like, let's goat and have dinner somewhere, nothing fancy. What are you doing? What would you want? What would you want? What will be your dream place? There's a pub in Packingham Street here in Geelong called the Petrol. You go there, that looks scary. It has been made over and fixed it up. Yet it's been made over recently sort of but not in overly gentrified.
Speaker 6: It's kind of got. It's the hipster's version of what an old timey pub was.
Speaker 1: I sort have made it hipsterish, have that it's not hipster ish, but it's kind of like you take a look at it's like, oh, this looks like the same old pub, but it's like, oh the table is just a little bit neater, or oh this one's been handmade or something, and then it's like, oh your chips are hand cut and all that kind of shit. It's just just just to interrupt. So this is what the Petrol used to be. Like, this is just as Niccola had. So it must have been twenty nineteen, just before COVID, because Niccola had had Alliott. And we walked in. Of course Nicholas Bastfitting at the time, right, Elliot's not there. We walked in and there's just all these old men in there and just turn it's all like stared. No one says anything, and we also and then one guy is hum, and just go check out the fun bags. And we just went let's leave. That's what happened. He just goes check out the fun bags. The petrol was indeed very much like that for a very very long time. Yeah, I won't say like on its last legs, but I mean the bare minimum of a pub. Yeah. Yeah, it's been bought. It's been not made over, but sort of tarted up just a little bit.
Speaker 6: Uh lu and I and Felix went there for dinner a little while ago, and let's yeah, well let's just get the basic pub grab. We'll get a steak, we get some crum kalamari, or get a parmi.
Speaker 1: It's like, this is all good. I mean, this is not again I'm using the term a lot today, but this is bear three and a half, the four star meal and five four star. But yeah, really it was a good party. What was the price? What would you make the prices? Oh, it wasn't super expensive, but yeah, because you go to if it's between twenty and twenty five for a parmy, you're doing well. I think it might have been a little bit more than that, might have been just under thirty three and a half.
Speaker 6: But yeah, I mean, yeah, just a good candory at a good hotel. That is, you don't necessarily feel like you've got to put on your Sunday best to go there, but you will put on an shirt.
Speaker 1: I don't want that. I want to play riders, go and have a fu some sliders.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I mean, if you're talking about like the my what's the word, I'm looking for, ideal place, ideal experience, That's what I asked you. Well, that's what I'm saying. Yeah.
Speaker 6: Look, there are certain occasions when I'm going to be dressed like I'm dressed right now. It's just like, okay, well I'll go to Sam's and get a get a kebab. I didn't do yesterday, but I might do today. But that's what I'm thinking. Yeah, but you've made your position quite yeah, yes, yes, and I like the idea of your establishment as well. Yeah, pool table, jukebox TV's on.
Speaker 1: In the corner, srt C, I t what are the old TVs called? What are the old box ones? It's going to be a forty centimeter TV, the little square one black and white, handful of things on the menu. But they get it just right. I mean, yeah, I've always said if I was going to open a cafe, have like you mums out the back making the sandwiches. You have four.
Speaker 6: Sandwiches on the menu and coffees, and that would pretty much be it.
Speaker 1: Really Yeah. Yeah, on maybe like a little thing with like you get bottled water or coke. You have something for kids. Yeah, oh you can make a bubba chan or hot chocolate. We went to a cafe recently and it was like it's called like a restaurant almost. It was quite big and they didn't have nuggets for kids, and I went, I was sure he's running this place.
Speaker 6: But yeah, they'd clearly don't want places but they don't want to child and patrons. Yeah, some places, I like a lot of people have kids. Well these guys, these guys have clearly either done their research or just taken a punt and saying, oh it was empty. Some places want to go somewhere where other people aren't going to bring their kids.
Speaker 1: Yeah, anyway, it's a bold stretch.
Speaker 3: Pardon me, Are you the genius behind the Flaming Mob?
Speaker 1: Why?
Speaker 2: Yes, I'm your man.
Speaker 3: My name's Hag Banner Star. I worked for Tipsy Mxstiger's a good time drinking and eating and phim.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, Hey, what's mister mcstagger really life?
Speaker 3: Actually, there is no Tipsy mixstagger. He's just a composite of other successful logos.
Speaker 2: Well you tell him from me that he makes one great not so realistic.
Speaker 1: Yes, fine, I will.
Speaker 3: Anyway, I've gone a proposition for you.
Speaker 2: Keep talking.
Speaker 3: We feel your flaming mo is perfect for our restaurant train. We want to buy the ruscip no dice.
Speaker 4: The flaming mo is not for sale. Do you know how much of my blood and sweater in this drink? Figerous peach?
Speaker 2: Sorry?
Speaker 1: Have I'll be back so have there has poured the drink into the case. This must this must be what the colonel went through back in the day. Oh goodness. Yet people are trying to get that recipe.
Speaker 6: Give me one hundred bits of chicken, picking the skin of every bit and just die secting.
Speaker 1: Like it astounds me that it's not out. Is that a hint of human Yeah, everybody is trying to we have laboratories. Well, how many times, I mean, how many times have you looked online for like KFC hit what is the KFC recipe? It tastes fine, but it's not quite KFC it's not quite. I reckon it might be what they cook it in as well, because there's obviously a particular brand of whatever they cooking it in the oil. I reckon the secret recipe is not in the chicken, it's in what they're cooking it in. Hey, I think the secret ingredient is love actra salt, that's for sure. But yeah, Harvey is pouring his drink into the drinking to the briefcase. The bottle in the briefcase. I like the name half Banister Banister. That just strikes me as a really good Simpson's name. Half Banister. You never come back to this, is it?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 6: But I mean it feels like it just feels like fun in the writer's rooms, Like what are we gonna call this guy?
Speaker 1: Half Halvey is a very busy this man name of course Harvey Birdman, Harvey, who's avident? What's a Harvey or even Harvey warbanger Yes later alluded to in this episode Let's not Talk to the old movie Mogle, Barney says that man only an idiot give away a million dollar idea like this? Why would you ever do it?
Speaker 5: Home?
Speaker 1: It's like, oh my god, I did that Martin then showing the gas chromat What is it? Chromatograph? Chromatograph? What is that? What do they do? I don't know, man, I was gonna look it up. No, forgot because I was taking my notes. Have a look gas, but it makes an opinion. It is an analytical instrument that measures the content of various components in a sample. The analysis performed by a gas chromatograph. It's called gas chromatography. Well, i'm Martin, Wow infotainment. Yes, I pitied the poor student who has to follow you, and it's Barton. I was a button Myers Homer. Oh yeah, yeah, he's not the smartest guy. But no, he created the flaming Homer.
Speaker 6: Well that's the thing, and we're used to, uh, well maybe we're just used to the underachieving kid, but in this case getting up and like, oh, you know, he's gonna half past his way through it or whatever, so I know he actually gives a proper presentation. Yeah, because as you said, it's pride and his father and his achievements.
Speaker 1: But Nelson calls him out and says, no, I love that you were first to intou mo the bartender? Did his name the Bartender?
Speaker 6: Yeah, I'm amazed that the Flaming Mo, Yeah, has has got such reach that even the kids are talking about it.
Speaker 1: When did they reveal Sislack was his last name? That's a good question, when reveal Mo SiZ Lac? I think it was mister Burns, wasn't it? Because they had the eminent MS. So that's why he's called the Barton here. That's the joke, because he didn't have he didn't have a last name. Yeah, yeah, we go. I thought it was there because they had to have the M and s. Again, infotainment, it's entertaining, but you're also being in full way tuned into the shell guys. Missus Case says that bar has to take all the liquor to the teacher's lounge. Then we get Flaming Mos. He now has a fancy new sign. He's upmarket. Now, Krusty has arrived and it's Paparazzi Day. Punches the paparazzi in the face. Veterans Day is now known as two things and the various newspapers. We've got the Springfield Shop for saying the wizard on walnut streaked time, he says one more for the road and Barron Still Magazine says through the roof. Homer is annoyed. At the dinner table at the Simpsons house, Lisa asked for a virgin Mos. Grow Bart's wearing a I got toasted at Flaming Most T shirt where he got that. I have no idea because I don't think he went to Flaming Mos. Maybe he did, I don't think he would. Margin says, do your pals and Uncle Rico do a T shirt like that? I got toasted Flaming Mon all the everyone does it, like just like the bootleg ones like Red Bubble and Teapublic, in that people aren't going to pay top dollar for a shirt that says that when you can get it for twenty bucks on those shirts on those websites. Marge then says, all vulnerable, gut sorry, gulible, Marge, w did you go asking to share? Ain't gonna happen? Homos Is'm two upset to eat. I'm just gonna go to mos hope. They tries skipping the line, but he's on the list. He's not allowed in. Like, here's the reason this people are he's allowed in, not letting him.
Speaker 4: In, Ladies and gentlemen, some new buddies of mine, stop by tonight. Maybe we can get him to come up here. How about a warm, flaming mods welcome for arrow smack, Come on, guys, free pickled eggs, a.
Speaker 2: Hellos, Saint Louis.
Speaker 1: That's Springfield, Stephen. Have you ever been to a consent where they got the name wrong. I've happened to be a couple of times having it guns and Rows. They go good evening, Sydney and everyone. It's like, oh ship, that wasn't excellent. It's their voice of a guy. I'm like, that guy had one fucking job. One job is just like the best bend in the world, or he's just the intego. That's it. Actually, you forgive about you Ros. It's like, oh, well, you know, at least Sydney you're gonna put on a show for us as well. But this guy just has to do that. Oh no, oh no, I have to press it. Embarrassing, how embarrassing? Who says how embarrassing? It's Homer says it doesn't he at one point I have reviewed it, and he goes, I'm embarrassing and he walks off. Now, but it's one of I use that quote all the time. So yes, so things are going really well from from Home is not allowed in. But then misintroduced Aerosmith playing it Walk This Way. Great song I really liked. Whilst they were playing Walk this Way, that Otto and Cashmere just getting it down on the table. Not actually anybody like dancing with each other. Yes, in front of Ned and Maud, Ned and Wore were there. That's behind I just casch and Lenny seits his hair on fire. Jasper catches the towel I guess you could say, wipe his bead with it and walks off. Hope then enters through the toilet window. Bunny is in there with Mundo and Raffi, and then this is where Aerosmith call mo up. And I've been caught a couple of times. I used to do a lot of music stuff with Kate rock and radio and whatnot, and they see me there. They go get up on stage and I'm like, I here to see me. I know you think like this is cool, but I was like, if I'm going to a gig, I don't want some random on the stag in the song. You know, I'd always feel awkward being up there. And I'm like, I know, no one here down the crowd wants me here, but I'll go along.
Speaker 6: Oh yeah, I remember going to some confortable while back and you know, one of those outdoor ones that's like various bands, and the guy would be get the like okay, guess what next, guy, You're coming up by house, and but he was trying to do a bit more banter on top of that, and I'm like, I'd rather just, you know, hear the stuff that they're playing over the PA, like.
Speaker 1: The music that play in between the rather they'd get me up mid song. No, no, I know what you Yeah, I don't like that either. I just have to MC yeah gigs and like, hey, but he has together for this band. It's like no one always put their hands together for it. They were cheering whilst they were playing. They don't want to have to put their hands together again. It's like gus to host all the Battle of the Bands and things like that for k like at the Bow and Club. If you're a fan of everything we do here at four Finger Discount, but you're kind of hearing these pesky ads, then you'll absolutely love being a member of the fourth Finger Discount family on Patreon, where you not only get access to over one hundred hours of bonus podcasts, but you also get access to this show early and add free every single week, as well as access to our exclusive Facebook and Discord communities, and so much more. So go ahead join the family today and support your palas Guy and Dano for a little as one dollar per month at patreon dot com slash fourth finger discount. Missus ka though she wants a drink? Do you want to ignite my drink? And I was like, missus Kay, come on, he's a mover man. Let's pretend that you are a single man and then a collect overhears Homer's rand here, so she is where the planting the seeds of her going? What are we doing here but a lot as you've got you Morris? Yeah, I know. She tread a little angel on his shoulder, Ye, steering him in the right direction. Mo. He's justification. He may have come with the recipe. I come with the idea of charging six potinenty five for it a capitalist. Yes, the phone, and it's for huge ass.
Speaker 2: Telephone flaming mouth. Yes, I'm looking for a friend of mine. Last name Jazz, first name Hugh.
Speaker 4: Hold On, I'll check a huge aass. No, somebody checked the man's room for a huge jazz.
Speaker 1: I'm huge ass telephone. Hello, this is huge ass. Hi. What can I do for you? Bart?
Speaker 2: Look, I'll live it with you, mister.
Speaker 6: This is a grand call that's sort of backfired, and I'd like to bail out right now, right better.
Speaker 1: Look next time.
Speaker 2: What a nice young man, Homer. I'm sorry you're mad at me, but this isn't personal. This is business business day.
Speaker 8: But let me tell you something.
Speaker 2: You just lost yourself a customer.
Speaker 1: What.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry, Homer, I couldn't hear you. You just lost yourself with customers. You lost yourself a customers. You're gonna have to speak up. You just lost yourself customer. Mo forst myself to watch.
Speaker 1: You just lost yourself of customers.
Speaker 2: Oh my, I talk to you tomorrow.
Speaker 1: You just lost your.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you can't.
Speaker 1: We get the flaming Mose intro here, flaming. It's such a good song. It is, Yeah, and the stills very much look like cheers. It's a director yeah, and it ends with Barney getting the norm intro and Woody's behind the bar. You never see him again. It's just for that moment. Yeah. I liked Coach, but I think wood he was a funnier yeah character, because Coach kind of had that I'm dumb, except there was an episode where Coach, I mean in season one where he's got his daughter there and it looks like episode two. It's unbelievable. It's fantastic that episode. It's actually may have discussed already.
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, when we did our cheers holy ship and how we I'd certainly rolled on from the from the party.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, it's like, daddy, I know I'm not the best looking. It's just like a father's love, you know. Oh yeah, you're just thinking about it.
Speaker 6: She's not gonna look like look like moment and you Coach says, yeah, your your mother got beautiful, you know, she got out on me. Oh no, she got more beautiful every single day. Yeah, it's fantastic.
Speaker 1: That awesome when the way to.
Speaker 7: The world has got you down and you want and your life bills to pay, a dead end job and problems with the wife, but don't throw in the tower because there's a place right down the block where you can't drink your misery away.
Speaker 2: That flame.
Speaker 1: So when the good MUDs can more you.
Speaker 7: Like a happiness, it's just a flaming mo away happiness is just a flaming mow away.
Speaker 2: How's the world treating you, mister Gumble.
Speaker 1: This is where Tipsy Mix staggers man again have rocks up and he goes They want to offer him a million dollars for the recipe. It's known as you idiots like, we're gonna get it eventually, We're gonna lap. You know, we're gonna eventually figure it out. Professor Frink's there. The secret ingredient is love lab also, and they're using a gas chromatrop Are they? Oh, well done? I never even realized that. So it's amazing. You can watch these old classic episodes and there's so many jokes that just there's so many gags in there. They put them. They just put it all together with love and care. Yeah, that the secret recipe dies with me thirty cases of calf syrup. You hooked on And in the service that he says, Homer arrives at his new favorite watering hole, the Aristocrat. The guy pulls the gun, was couts home a furious at home, and Moe is now an iron Springfield. So I'm not sort of thing that at the start, Homer's loving infotament Iron Springfield most stolen his idea. It's all these callbacks, isn't it. Oh yeah, it's very good stuff. They go to see Lionel hearts what can we do about this? And he says, you can't copyright a drink. I'm sorry. It calls back to the Frank Warbanger case of seven. It was apparently a real case. Apparently, so it's got a link and everything. Homer is annoyed in bed, and this is where we get the magical Man from Happy Land moment, which I think the reason this is iconic that remember or I remember it's all from this because they played it in the clip shows, right, they kept playing it playing, And I think that's why I struggled remember which episode it's from. It's because I think it was just played back to back to back with the clips. Yeah, so March's Yeah, I love the marg again though the she tries to see the positivity and things, just find the soul, knowing that you're making people happy. Oh that's great, much making people. Mo was now in bed with collect after what he calls a happy hour, so mostly his mum. How long they got twenty minutes before she gets back on it. Yeah, and she says, you need to sell this drink and we'll get your favorite line. I was just thinking about Homer Simpson. That's I was thinking about simple Danning. Yes. So then she says, you just had to drink and give half the money to Homer. Sleep with the chick once a cush you're half with bananas. Mo has this. This is where Homer has his vision of Mo and I think this is one of the key moments in the episode. Just from an animation perspective. It's just so great where you know, everyone at home sounds have you made the lawn give me more money? Which hadn't come out yet that song My money hadn't no money, no problems, no mo money No. But I get the feeling it might have been. When did in Living Color come out? Well, that was early nineties, wasn't it. Yeah, because it's ninety one, because there was a it was a catchphrase of nineteen ninety it started.
Speaker 6: I think it was one of Damon Waynes's character's catchphrases because he actually made made a movie called mul Mooney, did he Yeah? Yeah, it came out like ninety ninety one or ninety two.
Speaker 1: Okay, it's called moul Mooney written by Damon Damon Wayne's Yeah mo Money soundtrack ninety ninety two. Because there's only two Yes, it was half this episode, okay.
Speaker 6: But I think the feeling that the the catchphrase was very popular on in Living Color. Yeah, but the More Money movie probably best known for having the best things laugh free on the soundtrack.
Speaker 1: That's a banger of a song. I love that song. Oh, I love Luthor. I love songs where you just get two people who soun out they're genuinely in love with each other. Really like that stumble learning and the remains stumbling in and they've just taken the original site basically put beats on it. No, it sucks fucking hell. I want to hear that. Want to the snopters of More Money the film. A petty criminal? Of course he's a petty criminal. Of course he is a petty criminal, falls in love and gives up the world of crime for a corporate job. However, he finds himself in a difficult situation when he slips up.
Speaker 6: Dann Ways is about to find out there getting moll Murney is heard.
Speaker 1: Then it looks it sounds like I have said a fresh prince. The nineties were a wonderful time. Will gives up the word of being fresh for a carport job. He finally up in a difficult situation when he slips up. Will Smith is the Stale Prints, rated PG. Thirteen. Will give me a call. If you haven't understood what we're doing here, it is Rob Steiner is a carriage going down to Southwark. Chally reviewed it season six of south Park. We peak Peak, we did really well Peak south Fark Peak going down the South Pak Check it. If you ever checked out the south Pop podcast, check it out now. We're in Peaky of the of the of the show so good. We're so happy to be talking about it. We are, indeed, especially Fami most as well more more bar Are you going to mow the lawn today?
Speaker 2: Okay, but you promise me more money?
Speaker 1: I'm all, I'm all Mo mos don can we motor the movie?
Speaker 2: There's a mot name.
Speaker 1: Of course, I'll work and Mo Way.
Speaker 2: Makes Mo ma.
Speaker 1: Well. So it's time again for Mo to have Aerosmith play. But they can't find their drummer. Where is he? Where's Joey? He is getting bizet He doesn't really want to get busy. Missus K is getting bize, I would go and get it the drumstick from missus Ka. Of course, Mo is then he's going to sell the drink. He halves, like, you've made the right decision here, blah blah blah. I'm usually still and running out of business, but you know, selling me. Then Homer interrupts the laugh gets fools fools at a bit of a shoutout to fandomly the opera, of course it is, yeah, covering him half his face with the He's just stumble down the street as well in his dressing gown. And so think you missed the knutball, is what Half says, because he reveal what the second ingredient being syrup. And then Homer falls on Aerosmith. Cut to one week later, and there's just flaming most every everywhere, which is apparently a play on race pizza in New York. It's just raised pizzas or different pizzas versions of it everywhere in New York. Yeah, we've got famous mos here, one of those famous most established last night, and there was also flaming mews, yes, the French. Homer then enters Mo's and Mo's like, hey, come in, what are you doing? Homer? Apologized I shouldn't have done this, and I was like, like, some things that are too good to be kept a secret, and it gives him a flaming Homer, which was a nice moment.
Speaker 8: It was.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they don't really they end with a gaggy but it's not like I thought they might have gone down there, think of most still charging him for it kind of thing, but they didn't. It's just they end with the sweet they're still friends. They've gone through this horrible ordeal. Most maybe made a bunch of money. Who knows they've come out the other side going to be here tonight. I doubt it. And that's the end of Flaming Mos. Yeah, there's a reason why this one's alreadys put in the top ten lists of episodes. It's just it's so great. Well, it's got a good heart and guests, and here a great guest appearance, and as he said, it's got a lot of nothing's wasted.
Speaker 6: Here's a lot of good one lines, but also a lot of gags that are interconnected and callbacks and all that kind of stuff.
Speaker 1: Really fun opening act as well with the slumber party. I just I think it's just it felt so real.
Speaker 6: Yeah, and it's an inciting incident that doesn't sort of hang. It works by itself, but it also doesn't stretch it out too long.
Speaker 1: How often do we find with said modern just like teen ere season twenty of The Simpsons, where we go all you have to do is at home? I get to this point. Why do you have to wait waste eight minutes of the episode to get to this? You know what I mean? So here it's over, has to get to Mos. We have, yeah, three minutes of Shenanians and is at most right it has no bearing on the story. No, but they work perfectly well by themselves. We do get infotainment though at the start that is great. Yes, and apparently that was something that happened to It was based on an experienced Algae and Haw when he was a kid with the slumber party. That's what it was based on. So overall, flaming Mos. What an episode. Absolutely love this one, as do I. I'm glad that you recommend it. That we talk about. So we just thought, you know, end of the year, beginning of the year, depending on when you're listening to this something fun. We thought, I don't want to end the year with at least I have crosswords. I want to end with something amazing, and so we de started to raise a glass light a match, what about it? And cheers to all you guys. Yes, have you all having fun getting boozy or whatever it is you want to do, having a good time, spending time with loved ones, or buy yourself so preferred to some people prefer to spend their time at home watching Lord of the Rings marathons. Why not? This is a close worthy days. There's a great way to round out your year. It is, indeed thinking again for all of your sport here in twenty twenty four, we would not be here without your sport of every single one of you. If you're not a support of hours on Patreon, we'd love to have you a part of the family. You do someff for a little a dollar per month, you enjoin the Facebook community and banter with guy myself on a daily basis. It's a great time in there. We do love all the patrons supporters in there as well, get namured out in the show and all the hundreds of hours of bonus content. Yet on there so much bonus content, so much bonus content. Yes, all right, guys. Twenty twenty five gonna be a great year forthing you discuss. So many exciting things lined up. This has been a review of Flaming mos Ipe. You're all having an incredible holiday season, but for now, mister Davis, any final words for those amazing listeners out there.
Speaker 6: I don't understand the science of podcasting, but patrons make it good.