Speaker 1: You're listening to Wake Up Call on demand from KFI AM six forty KFI and KOST HD two Los Angeles, Orange County. Hey, it's time for your morning wake up call.
Speaker 2: Here's Amy King.
Speaker 3: It's five o'clock, straight up. This is your wake up call for Friday, June twentieth. I'm Amy King. We're live everywhere on the iHeartRadio app. You know what today is?
Speaker 2: Do you do?
Speaker 4: Ye?
Speaker 5: It?
Speaker 3: Beyond Friday? Beyond Friday? Will it is? Or will be? The first day of summer arrives officially at seven forty two pm and then sunsets like at eight oh something, longest day of the year. It's all downhill from now. Hey, these sites are happening fewer and farther between. But I check my big bear ego can because my oposision is not completely over yet. And at least one of the eagles is in the nest this morning, hanging out. I don't know if it's I don't know if it's sunny or gizmo.
Speaker 2: But there's no place like home.
Speaker 6: I know.
Speaker 3: Right that's going to happen less and less, making me sad. But it's so fun to watch them flying around. They catch them on that they have two cameras and that second camera catches them flying around quite a bit or hanging out in other trees. And I love it. I still love it. Here's what's ahead on wake Up Call. The ninth US Circuit Court of Appeals has ruled President Trump can keep control of California National Guard troops deployed in LA during protests. The decision halts a lower court judge's ruling that found the President acted illegally when he federalized the Guard without Governor Newsom's permission. Immigration raids have been done at several locations around LA. The enforcement actions are drawing angry reactions. Sites include a home depot on Sunset Boulevard in Hollywood and another on Foothill in San Fernanda. ICE agents were also spotted outside Dodgers Stadium yesterday. ICE denies that they were there. Protests forced the Dodgers to close the main gate into the stadium right around game time last night. The game itself was not disrupted. President Trump says he'll decide by July third whether the US is going to get involved in the Israel Iran conflict. ABC's Karen Travers is going to join US at five point twenty to tell us whether diplomacy can win out on this one. Okay, do you click unsubscribe when you get unsolicited emails? ABC's Jim Ryan's going to join us to tell us why that's a bad idea that's coming up. In just a couple of minutes, the house whisper Dean Sharp is back. He joins us to talk about sound, how it can make your life better in your house or worse, and what to do about it. And then before the top of the hour, right about five point fifty, Will Gans is going to join us for an out of this World movie hitting theaters and if you're hitting the couch instead, he's got what's new on the stream for this weekend. Let's get started with some of the stories coming out of the KFI twenty four our newsroom. A big win for President Trump, at least for now, the federal appeals court, the ninth US Circuit Court, has sided with the Trump administration over the deployment of California National Guard troops to La.
Speaker 7: The ninth Circuit Court of Appeals says the President is within his rights to deploy troops amid protests in southern California.
Speaker 2: Over immigration raids.
Speaker 7: The ruling by the three judge Peddle allows nearly four thousand National Guard troops to remain deployed in Los Angeles. Governor Newsom sued the President over his decision to deploy the California Guard. Last week, a federal judge agreed with Newsom and ruled that Trump's actions were illegal. Tammy TRIHILLO KFI News.
Speaker 3: Governor Newsom and California's Attorney general say the fight isn't over. A statement says Newsom and Attorney General Rob Bonte remained committed to holding President Trump accountable for using the military as domestic law enforcement. Newsom says the president is not a king and is not above the law. He says, California we'll press forward with it's challenge to what Newsom calls President Trump's authoritarian use of US military soldiers against citizens. News brought to you by Sit and Sleep. The Dodgers in the federal government have disagreed about the presidence of immigration agents near Dodgers Stadium. ABC's Jacqueline Lee says there were immediate demonstrations against the agents, who were seen in tactical gear yesterday.
Speaker 8: They had requested to stage that parking lot. The organization said no, so they staged outside of it and as a result you saw dozens of protesters there arrived to show those those community organizers did not want them here.
Speaker 3: In Los Angeles, the Department of Homeland Security has disputed the Dodgers characterization of the event. DHS says agents never requested access to the parking lots and were only parked there for a short time, and that it had nothing to do with the Dodgers. The Dodgers planned announcement about how the organization will assist immigrant communities in LA has been delayed because of the Customs and Border Patrol vehicles at a Dodger Stadium parking lot. President Stan cast and as the team is continuing to work with groups involved in its programs, there's no new date about when that announcement on assistance is going to be made. And a rapper from Santa Ana has returned an award from the city.
Speaker 9: Rapper j Todje told the council he was returning the certificate of recognition he was given on June third. Todge told the council he disagreed with how Mayor Valerie of Mesqua handled recent anti ICE protests At a packed city council meeting, residents criticized the mayor and police for an overly aggressive response to demonstrators. Todge said he could no longer accept recognition from a city that punishes those speaking out against ICE enforcement. The controversy has sparked calls for government accountability and sparked a wider debate on protest rights and immigration policy in the community. Heather Brooker KAFI News, Time to.
Speaker 3: Take a first look at your morning commute with Will Cole Schreiber. We've got a crash in Fontana on the ten.
Speaker 10: Yeah, this is going to be on your westbound drive right there at Edawanda. An overturned vehicle in the right lane and traffic is slow back from Cherry as a result of that six oh five southbound. The four h five car went over the side. CCHP says it looks like it may have been there for a little while, so they're working on figuring that whole thing out. More of a distraction for you than anything. Northbound side of the six so five at Imperial Highway, Well, that's car fire. The fire has been put out, but what's left of the car is on the right shoulder and on the one ten.
Speaker 2: Northbound at Manchester.
Speaker 10: Speaking of fire's a little homeless encampment fire on the right side, just enough to get your attention. With Southern California's most accurate traffic reports, I will Cole Schreiber.
Speaker 3: Thank you will. It's five six on your Friday morning, first day of summer wake up call. Let's say good morning now to ABC's Jim Ryan. Morning gym.
Speaker 11: Hey, so summer.
Speaker 3: I know, right, I had a sneaking suspicion about this, but clicking unsubscribe is actually a bad thing.
Speaker 11: Yeah. It's kind of like answering the phone. If you get a number from an unknown get a call from an number. It first of all, it tells the person or the the you know, the potential scammer or somebody that you do have an active phone number. Same with unsubscribe. Unfortunately, in some cases now very often, if you click unsubscribe, the advertiser or the email sender, whoever it is that's sending you this, the newsletter gets the idea and they take you off their list.
Speaker 2: Great, it works perfectly, but.
Speaker 11: In a few cases, according to a company called DNS filter, that's not the case. In one in six hundred and forty four cases. They looked at click here to unsubscribe, it links you to potentially malicious websites, right, so you land yourself on some scammer's website. Somewhere in the between is sort of the annoyance. I guess if you click unsubscribe, they may take you off that list, but it does tell them that you have an active email address and they're sending something to the right place. So it just got to be careful about that.
Speaker 3: So it's like they're sending out millions of pings around the world and if you ping back, they go, aha, you're real. But exactly so you said, for some sites like I've I've had like Sephora for example, and after a while, I'm like, you know what, I don't want to get their emails because there I get too many of them or something. I'm not saying Sephora does that, but just as an example, so if I click on subscribed from their email, they already know that I'm real, Well they.
Speaker 11: Do, and I suspected, you know, a big name company like Sephora will say, fine, we're going to take you out the list. You won't get our emails anymore. And they'll they'll be sincere about it. I don't think there's any real obligation on their part to honor your unsubscribed request because I know I've clicked on subscribe and I get another email from that same place the next day. Yeah, there's an example. Yeah, I made the mistake, you know, a few months ago getting an oil change right, they said, okay, can we email you your receipt? And I said fine, and then I gave my email address. Well, I get an email from them about every twenty minutes. Maybe it seems they're they're pushing more time for a state inspection. Well I got one this morning. Now, this is in Gmail, and Gmail is a good example because so many people use it. Out to the right of that email within the email list, it says unsubscribe, that's Gmail talking. That's not the oil change place, that's Gmail. Click that and Gmail then will take care of it. They will unsubscribe you or send the future emails from this outfit to the spam file or the junk file. So that's one way to do it. Rely on your email provider instead of going in and doing it yourself. It takes another step, I guess, but it's just as easy as and maybe more reliable than unsubscribing within the email.
Speaker 3: There's also I was working with a group called Incogni, and they go through and they get you off the lists. And I think that the amount of spam emails that I got did.
Speaker 11: Go down, oh, but didn't stop altogether.
Speaker 3: It didn't stop it. Yeah, right, so kind of I wonder And I wondered too if what happens, like what you just said happens where they reach out and say, you know what, get her off of this list, and then they go, aha, but she is a real person, and so then even though I might get off that list, I get onto more.
Speaker 11: Oh yeah, that's the thing. And so you can also unsubscribe by doing the taking the sexer step. You can unsubscribe from that particular ipn You know that that IP address, right. If you get off that IP address, then if they are sending you emails from different entities, you should be able to stop all of them from that particular IP address.
Speaker 4: All right, Well, good luck, because it sounds like they're trying to rip you off. It just sounds like we're stuck with it. I think I need an oil change again. Well, you're going to get a coupon in about twenty minutes. I would imagine.
Speaker 3: ABC's Jim Ryan, thank you so much. Have a wonderful weekend. We'll talk to you soon, see Amy. All right, let's get back to some of the stories coming out of the KFI twenty four hour newsroom. Iran's foreign minister is said to be on his way to Geneva for the first face to face negotiations he's had since the Israeli air strikes began a week ago. He is scheduled to meet with European diplomats today. The Washington based group Human Rights Activists says a week of Israeli strikes on Iran have killed at least six hundred and fifty seven people and wounded more than two thousand others. Iran has also fired hundreds of missiles at Israel, killing at least two dozen. Hurricane Eric has reportedly caused landslides, flooding, blocked highways, and downed power lines in Mexico. At least one death has been confirmed. Official say the one year old boy drown in a swollen river. Hurricane Eric made landfall as a Category three storm in Wahaka yesterday. Singer and songwriter Lou Christie has died at the age of eighty two.
Speaker 5: Lou Christie had a number one hit in nineteen sixty six with Lightning Strikes. He died earlier this week at his Pittsburgh home. His distinctive falsetto voice took other songs including Rhapsody in the Rain and I'm Gonna Make You Mind the spots on the Billboard charts. He also toured with then up and coming Diana Ross and other rising stars in the nineteen sixties, and decades later with Fabian and Frankie Avalon. No cause of death was given. Mark Cronner KFI News.
Speaker 8: Yes last night.
Speaker 3: Yes, I'm just gonna let this play for a little while. This is happy first day of summer music, isn't it. It has nothing. This story has nothing to do with that. Though the popular K pop group BTS has completed South Korea's mandatory military service, the rapper Sugar is the last one slated to join his bandmates after fulfilling his duty as a social service agent. The six other members served in the army. BTS is expected to reunite later this year, to the delight of thousands of screaming fans. The k pop group routinely breaks record and is credited for putting the South Korean musical style on the global stage. Hey, the Dodgers closed out their four game series against San Diego with a five to three loss and a bench clearing during the Padres game. But tonight is another night. And you know what normally Fridays or fireworks nights. But tonight they're doing a drone show at Dodger Stadium. That's gonna be cool, all right. If you're not going to the game, you can listen to the game. The Dodgers are taking on the Nationals at Dodgers Stadium. First pitch goes out at seven. You can listen to all the Dodgers games all season long on AM five to seventy LA Sports and stream all the games on the iHeartRadio app Keyword AM five to seventy LA Sports. Asahi Super Dry discover Japan's number one selling beer at your favorite bar or grocer. When we come back, President Trump says he will decide by July third whether the US is going to get involved in the Israel Iran conflict. ABC's Karen Travers is going to join us to tell us whether diplomacy can win out on this one. Ah, it's the first day of summer. It's five twenty on your wake up call. I'm Amy King. Thanks for getting your day started with us. Here's what we're following in the KFI twenty four hour newsroom. ICE raids continue around LA with the latest immigration roundups at a home depot in Hollywood and San Fernando. ICE agents were also seen at a car wash in Glendale. The main gate to Dodger Stadium had to be closed last night because of protesters. The Dodgers say ICE was denied entry to the stadium earlier in the day. ICE is denying it was there. US Customs and Border Patrol agents have discovered a tunnel leading from Tijuana to San Diego. The tunnel was still under construction, but officials say more than twenty nine hundred feet of the tunnel had been completed. The entry point was discovered in a home in Tijuana, covered up by freshly laid tile flooring. That's pretty impressive that they found it and that it was done. That's nine hundred feet. That's like that's like half a mile. It's a it's a nice apartment.
Speaker 10: Thinking square feet now, Oh, Okay, that's what I get for not paying complete attention.
Speaker 2: All right.
Speaker 3: Speaking of square feet, home sales are up, prices are down in La The California Association of Realtors says sales of existing single family homes in the La Metro area rose point eight percent from April to May, while prices were down one point seven percent in the county. Prices in Orange County they were up just to schmid Z point one percent increase. Let's say good morning now to ABC's Karen Travers at the White House. Karen said, the President says he's going to make a decision whether the US gets involved in the Israel Iran conflict. Did he say what might factor into that decision.
Speaker 12: He didn't say anything about this. Yesterday it was the White House the Press Secretary reading a statement from the President saying that he will give a two week window now to decide whether the US should strike Iran. Caroline Levitt said this is based on the fact that there is a substantial chance of negotiations that may or may not take place with Iran in the near future. The White House was emphasizing yesterday as the President very much wants to see a diplomatic resolution to this, but if there is a diplomatic option, that would be his first choice. European officials are meeting today in Geneva with Iranian officials to try and jump start talks, and the White House is hoping that this gives the breathing room to the negotiations at this point. But one so familiar also says that they're hoping that the Iranians come to their senses as part of these conversations, and they're waiting eagerly to see what the Iranians bring to the table today.
Speaker 3: For that meeting with the Europeans, there's no US presence there, that's just Iran and European.
Speaker 13: Correct.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 12: The White House was asked yesterday at the President's Middle East Envoy Seed Whitkoff would be traveling to Geneva for this, and Caroline said she didn't have the travel plan him. But there's no indication that the United States is at the table for this. It's truly a European effort. The French are involved in this heavily meeting with Iranian officials, but you know, this will be notable to see what Iran says that they're willing to do or not to do, what their red lines might be, and whether that potentially sets up the next round of talks between the US and Iran. Remember that one was canceled last Sunday in Oman because the Iranians canceled it after the Israeli strike started.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and it will be interesting because we've talked about there's been talk of ceasefire, but Trump is like, I don't want to cease fire. I want full on, unconditional surrender, And of course Iran is saying no, we're not going to. So you know, I mean, like, where's the give and will they give? Is regime changed the goal of all this in the long run or do we know?
Speaker 12: The White House was asked about that yesterday and Caroline kind of brushed it off pretty quickly, saying that the President's priority, that the administration priority is reaching a solution where Iran does not have a nuclear weapon. That's their main priority right now, and also stability in the Middle East.
Speaker 3: Okay, And the other thing that was I thought interesting out of the press briefing yesterday is that Caroline Lovett said that Iran has everything it needs to build a nuclear weapon.
Speaker 12: She did say that, she said that they have all they need to achieve it, and they could complete production within a few weeks once the Supreme Leader gives the go ahead, you know, the order to make it happen. And that was just notable because you know, there has been some question about how close they are. What does the White House see as their timeline here, but she said, you know, they have it all ready to go. It just would be a few weeks. The White House, of course, wants to negotiate that in some sort of diplomatic conversation to say don't move forward on that production.
Speaker 3: Okay, so we know that we've got July third is when Trump says he's going to make a decision. There's talks going on between Iran and European negotiators today. And then you said that there's no new talks scheduled with the US at this point, not yet. Okay, all right, I think we're up to date. Karen Travers, thank you so much for the information, as always, have a great day, all right. You two firefighters have put out a fire in downtown LA that burned for more than five hours. The fire in the skid Row area started just after one yesterday afternoon, less than an hour later, the fire was declared declared a major emergency. About eighty firefighters worked to get it out while it spread to a nearby building. The fire was declared knocked down at about seven thirty last night. No injuries were reported. Art sculptures valued at two million dollars have disappeared from an office building in Anaheim. Combined, the two pieces weigh about six thousand pounds. Anaheim Police Sergeant Matt Sutter tells KTLA the thief or thieves needed special equipment to move the sculptures.
Speaker 14: I can say for this area it's relatively quiet.
Speaker 6: This doesn't happen often here in Anaheim, and I would encourage everybody to have some kind of surveillance or camera equipment.
Speaker 3: The sculptures were created by artists Sir Daniel Wynn. The office building is being remodeled, so the pieces had been moved into storage. A man accused of driving into No King's Day protesters in downtown Riverside is due in court, so is his girlfriend. Russell Prentiss and Candace Wenzel were arrested on Monday for the crash. On Saturday night, police a Prentice floored his suv, aiming directly for a number of demonstrators. Video shows a group of protesters hitting his car before he gunned it and drove into the crowd as he left. Two law enforcements and agencies in southern California issued MESH issued messages saying We're not ICE.
Speaker 15: The San Bernardino County Sheriff's Department put out a statement all white vehicles are not ICE. The department says some of its vehicles have been targeted after being mistaken for federal immigration. In one case, the department says one of its vehicles was newly run off the road. The Fontana Police Department has said some of its officers have been misidentified as federal immigration agents on social media. Chief Michael Dorsey says it's not clear if it was deliberate or misunderstanding, but says it's been a source of conflict for several officers in Fontana. Michael Monks KFI News.
Speaker 3: All States seventeenth annual America's Best Drivers Report has two Southern California cities at the bottom of the list.
Speaker 9: Glendale and Los Angeles came in one hundred ninety five and one hundred and ninety four, respectively, out of two hundred cities. Boston is the riskiest, where drivers are three and a half times more prone to collisions than the national norm. Brownsville, Texas, and Boise, Idaho are listed as the safest driving cities. Official state drivers there are about twenty six percent less likely to crash than average.
Speaker 3: Kay if I Heather Brookers has. Seven of the ten cities with the highest crash rates are in the Northeast, including Boston, Washington, d C, Baltimore, and Philadelphia.
Speaker 2: At least they have excuses that with the bad weather we have ex.
Speaker 3: And they're very small, they're very cramp right, we're very spread out. We don't have any You're right, we don't have any excuses. When we come back the house, whisper Dean Sharp is going to join us to talk about sound and how it can make life better in your house or in some cases worse, and then if it does make it worse, what you can do about it.
Speaker 1: You're listening to wake Up Call on demand from KFI AM six.
Speaker 3: Forty eight's five point thirty five on your wake Up Call this Friday morning, first day of summer. That's why we have summer themed music. Who's that Banana Rama? A while back, love it, Love It. I'm Amy King. Here's what we're following in the KFI twenty four hour newsroom. Of Federal Appeals Court has unanimously ruled to allow President Trump to keep control of California National Guard troops in LA. Governor Newsom says he'll keep fighting to get control back. The three judge panel found Trump acted within the law when he called up the troops to protect federal buildings and federal agents carrying out immigration enforcement. President Trump's going to make a decision about the US getting involved in the Israel and Iran conflict in the next two weeks. White House Press Secretary Caroline Levitt said Trump is allowing the possibility of talks with Iran before making his decision. The US has bunker busting bombs that Israel needs to destroy Iran's nuclear facilities. The President continues to say Iran cannot have a nuclear weapon. MLB Two Ways Superstar Show, Hey Otani's going to take the mound for a second time for the Dodgers on Sunday against the Washington Nationals. The reigning League MVP made his first start for the Dodgers and his first start in nearly two years on Monday against the Padres. He pitched one inning and allowed one run and two hits At six oh five. Tendle on the news, Southern California is seeing rents go higher in the wake of the wildfires. Let's say good morning now to the host of home on cafi our House whisper. It's Dean Sharp morning, Dean.
Speaker 2: Good morning, Amy.
Speaker 3: Did you notice that the sound it just went down.
Speaker 14: Yes, I noticed that everything got quieter.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so let's talk about sound in your home, because you might not think about it much, but just you know, there are sound treatments that can make things great or not so great in the home.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 14: So, noise, noise pollution something that in recent years, actually we've come to understand much much better than ever before. It used to be noise was just a thing that was very subjective, right. Some people love the idea, like I love the noise of the city. I don't think I could do without it. Other people are like, no, no, no, no, no, I need it nice and quiet. And it used to, you know, be sort of a very very subjective thing. What noise was to you, noise was to me music, and vice versa. But a lot of research has happened in the last few years. The American Public Health Association has actually decided that they've changed their definition of noise to unwanted or harmful sounds because we now know that chronic noise, even at low levels, not about volume, just about noise, can cause stress, sleep disruption, cardiovascular disease, all sorts of metabolical disturbances. So it's gotten more important than ever when it comes to home construction and home life to get the noise quieted down. So Sunday we're taking a deep dive. We're going to talk about getting control of sound around your house. Some of it is sound proofing. Some of it is being able to get inside your home and not hear all of what's going on outside. Other things you can't control quite as much. You may be in your backyard and you may be near traffic noises. Then we're going to talk about sound masking, which is overlaying one sound on top of another and giving you a new point of focus so that the noise that's in the background doesn't sound like noise anymore and it doesn't affect you in the same way. It's really fascinating stuff and it's very helpful. No matter where you live.
Speaker 3: So more noise could actually be better.
Speaker 14: Well, yeah, I mean, here's an example. The sound of moving water, okay, of running water in your house. It just so happens that moving water shares most frequencies with the sound of traffic, right, okay. So if you lay over the sound of moving water in your yard and there's traffic in the background, and yet now you've got a water feature in which your brain actually focuses on ooh, I see the water falling right there, and I hear all of this sound. The fact of the matter is it all computes as moving water. None of it computes as traffic in the background. And that is not a stressor to the brain. That is a piece of stress relieving a sound to the brain.
Speaker 3: So you flow yourself into thinking that you live by a.
Speaker 14: River exactly, Its exactly, and it's exactly one percent right, And and it's that's the difference between pleasant sounds and noise. It has to do with what we are conditioned to to understand as a stressor versus something that is pleasant and safety giving.
Speaker 3: Okay, And then are there different noises that correlate with different sounds Like you said that, there's the traffic with the water. Is there like something else that you can like go, oh, well, there's birds and that goes with this sound.
Speaker 14: Yeah, And birds song is not so much a mask as it is something that should be present in order for you know, to have your stress levels drop in your yard. One of the things that we're going for when it comes to a home is not one hundred percent sound proofing, because it has turns out that absolute silence not the most stress free thing to be in because you and I are inheritors of millions of years of adaptation in which when we walk outside or we open up a window, we want to hear the sound of bird song because birds are the first things to go silent when there's.
Speaker 3: Trouble Canary and the coal mine stuff.
Speaker 14: Exactly when there's a fire nearby, if there are predators nearby, if there's any kind of danger nearby, the birds get silent. And so absolute science as silence is actually a little unnerving. So our real goal is to reduce noise, increase the levels of sound that bring us joy, and get control of it all whether we're inside, outside or so on.
Speaker 3: And Dean's going to tell you all about that. And as he said, take a deep dive into getting control of sound. That's Sunday from nine to noon right here on KFI. And then you're also on Tomorrow morning from six to eight am, again right here on KFI. It's our house, whisper Dean Sharp. You can also follow Dean at home with Dean so easy to find you have a wonderful day, Dean, Thank you too, We thank you. Time to get in your business now with Bloomberg's Courtney Donaho, Good morning, Courtney.
Speaker 6: Good morning, increasing the level of sound that brings you joy. That's listening to you every morning.
Speaker 3: Ah, aren't you sweet? I'll send you that fifty cent true. Nike is delaying the launch of its new brand with Kim Kardashian's Skims. What's up with that? Yeah?
Speaker 6: So earlier this year, Nike announced this new fitness brand with Kim Kardashian's underwear label, Skims. The collection was expected to launch in the spring, but that didn't quite happen. So sources are telling us that Nike Skims is dealing with production delays.
Speaker 3: They still expect her to uh.
Speaker 6: They expect to release some products this year, However, it is unclear exactly when the first goods are going to be available for purchase and what products are actually going to be included in the line. But Nike's counting on Kim Kardashian to add some cultural relevance as it looks to sparks some sort of turnaround it's been struggling for a couple of quarters. But this could also solidify Skim's place in the activewear market by hitching their ride with Nike, which is already established in that market.
Speaker 3: So it's active where it's not Nike underwear. Yes, no, it is not.
Speaker 6: Well, it could be eventually because again we still don't know exactly what products are going to be coming out with. Maybe they might have some underwear that would work with fitness that would make it.
Speaker 3: A little bit a little bit easier to move around.
Speaker 6: But it's hopefully it's going to be launched soon because both sides are definitely betting on this.
Speaker 3: Okay, let's talk tariffs because they are of course still looming and affecting the economy, and it could actually turn economy cars into something completely different, yeah, more of a luxury. Auto.
Speaker 6: Duties are expected to hike prices by nearly two thousand dollars per car, that's according to consultant Alex Partners. They expect the automakers to pass along eighty percent of the cost of tariffs, and they say those higher prices will result in about a million fewer vehicles sold in the US over the next three years. But here's what's likely to have a longer lasting impact. The Trump administrations move to reduce and eliminatede electric vehicle incentives. Alex Partners actually slashed its forecast for EV sales by half. They see EV's making up just seventeen percent of auto sales by twenty thirty.
Speaker 3: They thought it was going to be a lot more by that time. So, which basically says, if the mandates aren't there, people don't want the electric vehicles. Some do, I mean they're great cars, but not everybody wants one.
Speaker 6: No, because the incentives just made everybody say, all right, well I'm going to consider this. But if it's not there, people will go back to what they're used to. So it's you know, and then some of these brands have had some issues. For example, Rivian has had some issues, some mechanical issues. We've heard them. We've heard some issues also with the cyber truck. So this is something that people can don't want to really take a risk if it's not an established car and they're getting a little bit of a discount to it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Okay, we're out of time, so we can't talk about home flipping flopping. So maybe we can talk about that Monday. Oh, of course, here for you to talk about all I love that and give us a quick look please at what we're expecting for the markets today.
Speaker 6: Yeah, so traders are returning to their jests. Remember we were off yesterday here on Wall Street, and now we're seeing stocks higher after losses most of the morning, even though geopolitics continue to be the main concern for Wall Street SMP futures. Right now, they're up about thirteen points. DOUT futures are up one hundred.
Speaker 3: All right, Getting in your business with Bloomberg's Courtney Donaho. We do it every morning weekdays at five point forty, and we'll talk to you Monday. Have a great weekend, definitely you too, All right. Thanks. When we come back, Will Gans is going to join us for an out of this world movie experience. It's hitting theaters this weekend, and if you're hitting the couch instead, he's got what's new on the stream. It's three on your Friday morning wake up call. This first day of summer. Summer officially arrives at seven forty two this evening. I'm Amy King. Not lots of happy news that comes out of Israel these days. There's so much going on there. But this is one piece, a silver lining or a ray of sunshine or whatever you'd like to call it. But Eten Alexander, who is one of the Israeli Americans held hostage for almost six hundred days, held by Hamas he got a hero's welcome home in Tenafly or Tenafly, New Jersey yesterday. They had the streets of his hometown were lined with supporters welcoming him home, and he had like a police escort and lots of people just coming out to say welcome home. That was very nice. Six hundred days in captivity. Here's what we're following in the KFI twenty four hour newsroom. And Appeals Court has ruled President Trump can keep control of the California National Guard, deployed to protect federal buildings and ice agents doing immigration raids around LA. Governor Newsom said trump federalizing the troops was illegal. A lower court judge said Trump overstepped his legal authority, which only allows presidents to take control during times of rebellion or danger of a rebellion. A pair of sculptures worth about two million dollars have been stolen from an office in Anaheim and I. Police say the owner of the office space was remodeling, so the sculpture had been placed in storage. Police say they're really heavy, about six thousand pounds, so special equipment was likely used to haul them off. La City Council is going to proclaim today. Cheech marin Day in La, the comedian who's half of Chiech and Chong or was and went on to have a successful movie career, was born in South LA and raised in the valley. He graduated from Bishop Alamanni High School and what is now cal State Northridge. Of course, he made several movies including Born in East La, Spy Kids From Dusk Till Dawn, and I Loved this one, Tin Cup Remember that with Kevin Costner.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, yeah.
Speaker 3: Let's say good morning to ABC's multi platform reporter Will Gans morning, Will.
Speaker 13: Hey, good morning, Happy Friday.
Speaker 3: Happy Friday. So this weekend you can go on an intergalactic journey. Is it worth taking the trip.
Speaker 13: I think it is worth taking. I mean, especially if you have the kids with you. It's Pixar, and Pixar does what it does so well. You know, last year we had Inside Out Too, which of course was a billion dollar block block buster box office blockbuster. Yeah, and this year, eli Oh is the Pixar offering of the year, and it's about a kid who you know, is struggling at home. He is being taken care of by his aunt, and he doesn't have a ton of friends. So he is a big sort of space nerd and he's hoping that aliens will abduct him because he thinks he'll have better luck finding friends and making friends in outer space. And sure enough, that's just what happens. And it's really sweet. You know, it's colorful, it's funny, and in classic picks Our fashion, it tugs at the heart strings. So yeah, I mean, I had a great time watching this in theaters and you know, you know me, I got a little weepy too at certain parts. But it's so sweet. It is sweet. So I think if you do have the family and everyone's looking for something to do, maybe to beat the heat. There's a huge heat wave this weekend. El ee oh, is a great option to do that.
Speaker 3: I don't know where you are, will, but there's no heat wave here. It's just going to be sunny and gorgeous.
Speaker 13: I mean, isn't that sort of par for the course for you guys. I'm jealous. I'm jealous. We're expecting like triple digit heat here in New York over the coming week.
Speaker 3: Yeah eh, and you guys have you have humidity too?
Speaker 13: Exactly exactly all right.
Speaker 3: So if you're wanting to get a break from the heat, Eleio, maybe the place to be. And if you're just being a couch potato like I am so often and want to keep yourself planted right here on Earth, what are we looking at for the stream?
Speaker 13: There's a new series on Netflix called The Waterfront, and it's sort of like if you combined the Outer Banks with Ozarks or maybe with like Yellowstone or something like that. So it's a very wealthy family in North Carolina and they own a fishing enterprise, a fishing business, and they sort of are having to do increasingly shady things to stay float, no pun intended. And it's like, is this show gonna win Emmy Awards? No?
Speaker 3: Is it?
Speaker 13: Going to break any you know, barriers in terms of its writing or it's acting. Probably not. But it's dramatic, like you know, in episode one, they are threatening this guy by chumming the waters around the boat and dunking his head into the ocean and there are sharks swimming around. So it's like it's dramatic, and it is, you know, a family drama that you know, it's sort of it's fun to watch, it's easy to understand. You're not going to have to do any major critical thinking here. So if that's sort of what you're looking for, you know, it's a good summer drama. Okay.
Speaker 3: And will is it another rich people bad series.
Speaker 13: That's exactly what it is.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Okay, that's.
Speaker 3: What they all are these days. Okay. I am very excited about this one. I am a big Barbara Walters fand I mean because she was such a pioneer in the broadcasting business. Yes, tell us about the documentary that's coming.
Speaker 13: Out, So Barbara Walters tell me everything is. It comes out on Monday, and I know typically we cover what's available this weekend, but it starts streaming Monday on Hulu. I have seen it and it's fascinating. It's like about her rise to you know, who she became, and all of the glass ceilings that she shattered, and you know how she wasn't allowed to ask any questions in her first on air job until the mail anchor had asked three and you know things like that, and you know, similar to the Martha Stewart documentary that came out a while ago, it's not just like, oh, she was amazing and she was perfect and she you know, broke all these barriers. You come away feeling like, Okay, she was a complicated figure her and you know, her family life was complicated. And I went to the red carpet of their premiere at Tribeca and I was asking people who worked with her all about her, and you really get the sense that, like, while she did certainly reach down and grab people's hands and pull them up and you know, take their career to the next level, she was also hard to work with often, And that's sort of the vibe you get from this documentary. So there's unaired footage that you see of her, and then you know, it talks to a lot of the people that knew her best and worked with her the most, and it's a fascinating look at, you know, someone who deserves all of the fame that they found and you know, and everything else that happened.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and you know, I think that like with someone like her, where she was breaking those glass ceilings and getting into the man's world, I mean, she had to be hard to work with. She had to be a bull in the china shop, you know. So I'm going I'm going to give her a little bit of a pass for that. I think if she would have been nice and sweet, she wouldn't have got where she could.
Speaker 13: It wouldn't have worked. Yeah, one hundred percent. Yeah. And you know, one of the other things that I find super fascinating is like her contentious relationship with Diane Sawyer when they were both working for ABC. You know. So it is like there's it does a good job of touching on every aspect of you know, her career. So it is, you know, it was it was very a very fascinating watch.
Speaker 3: All right, ABC's multi platform reporter Will Gans, Thanks so much, have a wonderful weekend.
Speaker 13: You too, Amy, Take care.
Speaker 3: All right, talk to you next week. Let's get back to a few of the stories we're working on in the KFI twenty four hour newsroom. A three judge panel of the ninth US Circuit Court of Appeals has unanimously ruled the President Trump can keep control of the National Guard troops he sent to LA to protect federal properties and agents doing immigration rates. The decision yesterday blocks a lower court judges ruling who found that Trump acted i legally when he activated the soldiers without consulting Governor Newsom. The appeals court found the Trump administration presented enough evidence to show that it had a defensible rationale for doing so, citing violent acts by protesters. Singer Chris Brown is pleaded not guilty in London to a charge of beating and seriously injuring a music producer at a nightclub in twenty twenty three. Brown allegedly hit the man several times with a bottle in what's been called an unprovoked attack. The music producer was also punched and kicked. Prosecutors said the attack was caught on security video and happened in front of a club full of people. A skydiver in Riverside County has been seriously injured after making what's being called a hard landing near Paris. Valley Airport. The person was taken to the hospital yesterday afternoon with back injuries and Wild Rivers Water Park in Irvine is one of hundreds of locations that will be participating in Mission Possible Swim Lessons Save Lives. That's the name of the event. It's happening Thursday, June twenty sixth. It's all part of a global initiative to fight childhood drownings by raising awareness of the importance of learning how to swim. Forty bucks per person it includes admission to the water park for the day. The event is expected to sell out. Drowning remains one of the leading causes of day for children one to four years old. Learning to swim such a good thing. I can't imagine not knowing how to swim, Like I've known how to swim. I remember my first swim lesson. I was like three years old, you know. I mean it was apparently babies.
Speaker 2: Do really well if you get them in the water right away.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, my uncle took my little brother and just threw them in.
Speaker 13: Yep.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Anyway, so very important. Mission Possible Swim Lessons Save Lives Again. It's happening at Wild Rivers Water Park in Irvine on Thursday. This is KFI and kost HD two Los Angeles, Orange County Southland weather from KFI. Still got some patchy low clouds in areas at June gloom that'll break up and leave us with sunny skies again. Highs in the low seventies at the coast, mid to upper seventies for Metro La and inland O c oh that sounds perfect for Disneyland. I think I'll go today. Upper seventies to mid eighties in the valleys. Eighties to about ninety for the ie seventies and eighties with gusty winds for the Analope Valley. It's sixty one in Your Belinda, sixty one in Pasadena, sixty six in Irvine, and sixty three in Santa Monica. Live from the KFI twenty four hour news room for Birthday Girl producer Ann and technical producer Sam along with traffic specialist Will. I'm Amy King. This has been your wake up call. If you missed any wake up call, you can listen anytime on the iHeartRadio app. You've been listening to wake Up Call with me, Amy King. You can always hear wake Up Call five to six am Monday through Friday on KFI AM six forty and anytime on demand on the iHeartRadio app.